Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

te Lettings

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 38 ratings. This website contains 38 user reviews of te Lettings.

Offices / Branches

• 35 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

This branch is also ranked:

10 out of 10
in the UK

allAgents say...

TE Lettings used to be called Tame Estates

Agent Information

A description of te Lettings is currently unavailable.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

te Lettings has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use te Lettings, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 01-Aug-2014 12:48:44

1. A 1-star review by 'not a happy tennant' 25/6/2014

m34
    Rent PCM
    £500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

this housing agency is basically for parents on benefits but your better off getting a private rented house! firstly i paid 475 to move in the property when i was 8 months pregnant, my house in a 2 bedroom, my baby's room is covered in damp, mold , the floor is rotten, the ceiling is falling down and they wont fix it my daughter has been staying in my room for 7 months. ive had a leek from the bathroom in my living room they fit me a new bath still leeks, they wont repair the ceiling which is crumbling and damp because of the leek, my gas fire has been cut, cant use it, their was no flooring,... (read more)

2. A 1-star review by 'Stace' 5/6/2014

Ol8
    Rent PCM
    £400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented a house from these cowboys the house was disgusting when I got it I painted the full house and put new carpets and flooring down I lived init for over 12 months I never had my repairs done went 2 wks with no boiler my son was only 5 the staff are Rottweillers they have the worst attitude "*" thank god I got out of there when I did it's disgusting how they think they can treat people who haven't got a pot to p**s in they tried billing my mum when I gave my notice for rent and repairs housing benefit paid it direct to them duhhhhhh how can I owe u I went n got statements from HB n I owed nothing there out to get what they can me and my mum fought them all the way not heard anything since do not rent from these u will regret it very much!!

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“Close down and never rent to people again cowboys”

3. A 1-star review by 'Nat' 28/5/2014

All All
    Ol69

All All

They don't do repairs they send a section 21 notice out within a month of signing the tenancy I had to get housing standards involved over repairs they sorted a few things but not the major things ie mould damp ect that is making my children I'll i have a disabled son with 2 lung conditions his health is getting worse due to this te lettings don't care oh and I'm now on day 4 without any heating at all and there evicting me for no reason at all see you in court you "*"

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“ROGUE LANDLORDS STAY CLEAR OF THEM”

4. A 1-star review by 'COWBOYS' 19/5/2014

OL6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

One word of advice people 'Don't' no matter how desperate you are or feel DO NOT go with these people. I left the property and they are trying to con me out of a weeks rent even thoogh I was up to date with it, when I asked for proof I owe them this money they sent me some Mickey Mouse invoice which stated I paid they using housing benefit, when I was never on it :/ so I will be fighting this as I refuse to pay it. On for all people they also charge £50 for you leaving the property. Stay away for your own good.

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“Close the business down & stop ripping people of simple.”

5. A 1-star review by 'Fred bloggs' 13/5/2014

Ol8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Disgusting customer service let a house that was uninhabitable on the promise all work would be rectified before moving in could not move in for 2 months had to ask my parents to pay for repairs as I have very young children and had nowhere to live holes in floors and Walls burnt carpets cigarette and iron marks because housing benefits would not backdate my claim I was two months in arrears they now trying to evict me now the property is habitable but taps still leaking no hot water boiler needs repair drains blocked had to get them cleared myself because of health issues with children Do not use this letting agency no matter how desperate you are I am taking legal advice and will be counterclaiming for the costs my family and I have incurred

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“Carried out the repairs and answered my phone calls with respect and helped to get the repairs completed I do think since the black Walls have been painted new carpets and laminet floor put new fridge washing machine cooker light fittings all sorted by my family and friends it is now habitable and they are now looking to get me out so they can demand more rent from someone else Bad bad people stay well clear they have now taken court action but I feel the arrears are much much less than it has cost Amy family and myself toz rectify afdsi have rceipts for all work and sola LSD be making a. Counterclaim staked them”

6. 2

A 1-star review by 'te lettingsarescum' 11/3/2014

ol7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Stay away from te lettings aka tame estates!!
    Absolutely disgusting landlords. They will rip you off for every penny they can get. They threaten tenants with court letters they threaten guarantors. the staff are c****s with bad attitudes. even if you leave the s**t hole in a better condition than when you moved in... they will do you over for damages and disrepair. AVOID THESE LANDLORDS AT ALL COST.

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“I\'d never change my mind. They\'re a joke and always will be.”

7. A 1-star review by 'Angela mellor' 21/2/2014

Sk15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have recently viewed a property with te lettings, after paying the £75 fee witch is non refundable and sent our paperwork back they never sent the guarantor information to the guarantor after numerous phone calls. The staff are rubbish and have a bad attitude and defiantly shouldn't be working as customer service. The person that viewed the house was not even prepared with a paper and pen. Im glad I seen other peoples reviews before moving in. Do not use Te Lettings!

8. A 1-star review by 'te letting' 23/1/2014

m34
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Do not use te lettings we are in one of there houses then landlord is never there and he won't pay to get the repairs done we have the old wooden windows that are no good they let the rain in all the time. When we rang them about the kitchen roof there said what do you wont us to do we are going home we have to children in the house and water is coming through and they still said we are going home. They come out the next day stopped the leak and now they have just put wood over the plaster in the kitchen so it done fall of door that dont close. I have had to pay over £400 to get the garden done cuz they wont do it.I'm having to do the repair myself out get someone in.

9. A 1-star review by 'steffimoo' 31/12/2013

ol6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

i have been a tenant with the now TE lettings or 6 months the house is terrible full of damp and i have a 2year old daughter who is constantly ill due to its poor condition i really want to move out of this property but all landlands ask for a section 21 to be served to you or i cant get re housed could anyone help me please . i would not reccommed te lettings to anyone

10. 1

A 1-star review by 'Angrytetenant' 20/6/2013

OL6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Disgraceful Landlords. House damp, gas fire condemned and never removed, staff rude, and randomly add additional charges to their tenants without warning. SHOULD BE REMOVED AND FINED FOR THEIR DISGRACEFUL PRACTICES!

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'LH' 12/4/2013

Oldh
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Currently in a TE lettings property, unaware of these cow boys till now. I thought I was the only person being treated in a bad manner. Clearly not. Staff are not helpful at all, I'm constantly ringing with regards to repairs that need doing. I was left with no gas or hot water, as my gad supply was linked to another te property. I am now on all electric supply. Took them 3 months to fit a new cooker, still waiting for more work to be done. Bare in mind my tenancy is up in 4 weeks, currently looking for another property. After reading the reviews I will be going to citizens advice before I leave, because I can see them charging me for something in is property. It was a shit hole when I moved n, wasn't live able. Took me 2 months to make it live able and still there is numerous problems. DO NOT LET OFF THESE PEOPLE!!!!

2. 4

A 1-star review by 'Angry mum' 9/1/2013

M43
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have recently been evicted from a property due to delays in housing benefit. My sister in law stood guarantor and set up a standing order to repay overdue rent. They agreed to amount offered and took first payment. My sister then received court summons for ccj. Wrote to court explaining arranged standing order and provided proof of payments they took so court rejected their attempt to ccj her property. They are now trying to taker her to small claims court to recover amount in full. They are still receiving standing order, my sister has not missed one payment or made a late payment yet this company is trying their best to cause mayhem. Their properties are overpriced, in very poor condition with damp, mould, rotten windows, leaks etc and take forever to attend let alone do repairs. Please BE AWARE.

“Nothing”

3. 3

A 1-star review by 'key' 30/5/2012

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

i lived in a tame estate house when i went to the veiwing they said we are not sure what state this house was left in so we went in their was wine and food on the tops and wardrobe and draws left in the rooms when i left a wardrobe when i moved they are trying to charge me for rubbish they dont remove as i moved it myself they dont do the repairs i had a leaak in the bathroom coming through the ceiling in my living room it took at least 3 days for them to come out and then they never checked the ceiling was safe their was all damp and mould coming through the back door and ceiling it took ages to get them to repair anythin i was told at my viewing i could decorate i stripped the walls and when th walls crumbled they said it was on my toes i had no right to decorate when i was told i could these are a disgrace and i would never ever rent off them

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“done all the repairs and stop trying to rip people off they are a joke”

4. 5

A 1-star review by 'annoyed mum' 30/10/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Stay clear of Tame Estates aka T E Lettings! They lure you in with their no deposits scheme, dss acceptance & quick moving in dates but this comes at a loss. The houses are below satisfactory, repairs are not done and the owners and their 'rotweilers' on the front desk are so uncaring and uncompassionate!

When we moved in the boiler hadn't been serviced or safety checked & we discovered it wasn't working at all! I was heavily pregnant & left with no boiler for days. From there we found lots of issues with the house, one being a damp, bowing ceiling in the bathroom. This was left untouched until it fell onto my sons head (8 month old) many months after it was reported. My son spent a night in hospital & has been affected ever since! After T E Lettings received a solicitors letter they served us with an eviction notice.

This agency does not like to be wrong & will do anything to keep their costs down!

STAY AWAY!

5. 8

A 1-star review by 'F***ing P***ed Off With Tame Estates' 16/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I cant believe these people are still allowed to do business with people OMG sort it out and get them OFF Rightmove!!! They even have a website now!!! They need closing down before they do more damage the people lively hood!!!!

6. 6

A 1-star review by 'spike' 6/5/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

As people on housing benefit get paid every 4 wks, TE lettings do payments in 4wks advance. However they don't tell you this until you sign the contract, because of this my rent is in constant arrears and they send me letters twice a month demanding payment. Because they don't ask for a deposit that also don't help matters, if you paid a deposit then your rent would be in advance which is better.

7. 5

A 1-star review by 'hatetameestates' 8/3/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Stay away from tame estates!!! They take a deposit off you which you don't get back never come out to do repairs and they rent diabolical dirty houses out and the rent is sky high.

We had to put up with human waste over flooding in the back yard for 6 weeks all over Christmas. The kitchen doors were hanging off and never fixed in the whole 6 months of us being there and the front door lock was broke which never got fixed which resulted in us sleeping downstairs as we didn't feel safe.

The whole so called staff that work there are unpleasant and rude.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (7) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (7)by IhateTeLettings  28/04/2011

Tame Estate have now changed there name to Te Lettings.
  9. 4

A 1-star review by 'lea' 26/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Well I am going to be closing the door on Tame Estates and the shithole they were renting me tonight.

I urge anyone that's even cosidering renting from them to reconsider and avoid at all cost!!!

I'm not leaving off my own back I'm being evicted for no reason what so ever, they claim I'm in arrears but I'm not. I don't owe a penny and have reciepts to proove this but I never attended court as I did not know there was a hearing because the hand delivered letter with the date of hearing never got delivered so they were granted there warrent.

I've not left any damage or mess in the property however I'm sure they will claim I have.

I dread to think what my gaurenteurs bill will be and I'm taking as much leagal action as possible.

Do not go near Tame Estates.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (10) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (10)by Mez  29/09/2010

Hi Lea I am sure you had a witness to confirm you left the property in a good state, and I would suggest you contact Rent Wise, as they maybe able to help you find another property if you have been evicted. They help people like yourself find properties and even help with the deposit. I know they are based in Manchester and have something to do with the council but they maybe help you even if you want to stay in Tameside.
  11. 2

A 1-star review by 'sheen770' 22/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have just had the priviledge to be interviewed by Panorama regarding this company and from what I was told it was a good turn out at the meeting. I'm so glad that someone is finally doing something about them and it will let others know never to use them. My advice is get out while you can!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (4) Feature This Review
  12. View All Comments (4)by unhappytenant  23/09/2010

Hi , it looks like we all are in the same boat regarding these letters. I am also and always have been up to date and still get them along with my guarantor each week. At least now we are not isolated and it is all coming out into the open. There are contact numbers on this site for Bill at Shelter etc. don't feel alone with it.
  13. 2

A 1-star review by 'Geoff' 14/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Stay away from these cowboys.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  14. View All Comments (3)by Lauren  16/09/2010

My dad is the handyman for tame estates and i can reassure you he is no cowboy!!!!

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'unhappytenant' 10/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

No matter how desperate you are for a roof over your head do not rent from this landlord.... All the comments on this site say it all. Anyone needing help or advice please ring Bill on 020 7505 2032. Or Manchester Shelter on 0344 515 1640. We are all in the same boat and there should be something we could all do together to turn this round and sue this greedy & corrupt landlord instead.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (4) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (4)by unhappytenant  16/09/2010

If anyone knows or sees any of any other Tame Estates properties could they please just check that the tenants know about what's going on, plus tel. numbers etc. just in case they don't know etc. We need as many as possible.
  3. 2

A 1-star review by 'ANNOYED!!!!!!' 9/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

They are the worst agents ever. They are rude unhelpful. We had human waste coming from an blocked drain and it took them 6weeks to sort it out!!! Plus we had loads damp in bedroom. And the front door lock was broke and wasnt lockable and unsecure. Could go on forever!!!

4. 2

A 1-star review by 'mark' 8/9/2010

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented back my house after selling it to them. When I left they refused to give back my deposit & threatened to take me to court because they said I had left loads of stuff in the house which they had to pay for to be removed. I personally found them to be a disgrace & would never deal with them again. I would advise people to stay away from this company.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  5. View All Comments (1)by shazza  29/09/2010

This comapny as been a nightmare for me to sold my property to them worst mistake ever made raised my rent 3 times in a year and half by nearly 180 pound they capped my fire off and wouldnt give me a new one never do the jobs ,was sat in freezing cold for a week in winter with no water or heating last year they are rude unhelpful and shoddy ,i even had a letter at my door recorded delivery last week saying they wanted me out no reason and gave me 2 months to get out then next day got another saying it was a mistake they dont care how they treat you i would urge anyone and everyone stay away!!!!
  6. 2

A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled.' 8/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented a 3bed house off these monsters in July 2007. From the word go there were problems. I had 3 kids, was pregnant with my 4th and they left us without hot water for the entire 18 month duration of the tenancy. The boiler sparked 3 times giving my husband an electric shock. We had no annual gas safety check during the entire time of living at the property despite constant calls to the office requesting it. I reported these to housing standards when we had found another house to rent. We arranged a final inspection upon vacating the property to which Tame Estates never turned up. After requesting my deposit upon leaving I was told that O owed them

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'karen,a-u-l' 8/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

They rob you of your deposit by saying you've left house in disrepair!

8. 2

A 1-star review by 'Hazel72' 3/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have read and agree with these reviews of Tame Estates, I have been a tenant for over 3 years and I am now homeless because I have been evicted, took them to court and lost against them and I am now going to fight back and get justice against them, I lived in a house that was in a state of disrepair with my 2 children and I am glad to be out of there although not under these circumstances. My advice to anyone is to go to your local citizens advice who helped me a lot and get help while you are still in the property, I have dealt with all the threatening letters, abusive phone calls and their scare tactics, and so has my mother, who was my guarantor and she has MS, been through all the stress and sleepless nights. If this is happening to you then get help now, do not wait until you have moved out, also Bill from Shelter has been excellent and I really do advise that you contact him at the Shelter office. These agents need to be dealt with and I believe they will be. The more people who stand against them, the better a chance we all stand of gaining justice.

9. 2

A 1-star review by 'suzi' 29/8/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

The worse house I ever lived in. A big mistake. I have had council dis repairs in taken photos. Numerous letters saying im in 1500 arrears. When discussed with Tame Estate appears they had my payments missing on there files, I'm so glad I keep all my reciepts. I'm trying my best to get out of this property, the house is slanted, floors are caving in and my children all sleep in one room due to not feeling safe.

10. 2

A 1-star review by 'Rach' 25/8/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Tame Estate were my only hope when I recieved this house and since moving in I have nothing but problems. I think now why didn't I listen to my sister. The holding fee is supposed to be for the holding of the house and credit checks of which apparently they don't do. My sister used to work for them and has stated that they don't do credit checks on anyone. I was advised to withhold the top up rent and have recieved an eviction notice. I am hoping to seek legal advice about the state of the property. I have had the enviromental health coming today taking photos ect and I have found out every... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (20) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (20)by Geoff  14/09/2010

They are bad, everyone stay away from these cowboys and the repair man (can't even put a wooden gate on straight). Waste of time.
  12. 1

A 1-star review by 'B.V. Flute' 22/7/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have heard a lot of bad reports about Tame Estates, its quite obvious that this company shouldn't be allowed to trade as a letting agent. Rackmann was a better landlord than them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  13. View All Comments (3)by jnclp  25/07/2010

They are now trading as Tame Estates Developments.
  14. 3

A 1-star review by 'jnclp' 22/7/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been a tenant of them for around 18months. I have had nothing but problems and am luckily able to move out in the next few weeks.

My boiler has broken twice in a matter of months, I was left not being able to shut my back door properly for nearly 3 weeks (and I do mean shut, not lock), phoning daily to report this. Only to be told by the "Senior Adminstrator" ( a 20 year old, young lady who seems to have no customer service skills and very few manners) that I had never reported it! She also added that if someone was to come into my property and take my belongings due to this, I... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (7) Feature This Review
  15. View All Comments (7)by sheen770  23/07/2010

I went to view a property thats for sale and have found out Tame own that. It was a wreck and the price is sky high it had badly fitted windows a leak in the bath room the kitchen ceiling is about to fall in due to this all lights in the house are strip lights... For the record I heard over a year ago they were selling properties to get the money back as they were on the brink of ruin it was a rumour but may now be the truth.

Page: