Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

te Lettings

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 33 ratings. This website contains 33 user reviews of te Lettings.

Offices / Branches

• 30 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

Meet the Team

This branch is also ranked:

10 out of 10
in the UK

allAgents say...

TE Lettings used to be called Tame Estates

Agent Information

A description of te Lettings is currently unavailable.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

• Fri: -
  • Sat: -
  • Sun: -

Registered With

Not registered with any of the regulatory bodies.

Areas Covered

No areas covered

te Lettings has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use te Lettings, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 19-Apr-2014 12:39:33

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'te lettingsarescum' 11/3/2014

OL7
    Would you use the agent again? No

Stay away from te lettings aka tame estates!!
    Absolutely disgusting landlords. They will rip you off for every penny they can get. They threaten tenants with court letters they threaten guarantors. the staff are c****s with bad attitudes. even if you leave the s**t hole in a better condition than when you moved in... they will do you over for damages and disrepair. AVOID THESE LANDLORDS AT ALL COST.

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“I\'d never change my mind. They\'re a joke and always will be.”

2. A 1-star review by 'Angela mellor' 21/2/2014

SK15
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have recently viewed a property with te lettings, after paying the £75 fee witch is non refundable and sent our paperwork back they never sent the guarantor information to the guarantor after numerous phone calls. The staff are rubbish and have a bad attitude and defiantly shouldn't be working as customer service. The person that viewed the house was not even prepared with a paper and pen. Im glad I seen other peoples reviews before moving in. Do not use Te Lettings!

3. A 1-star review by 'te letting' 23/1/2014

M34
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Do not use te lettings we are in one of there houses then landlord is never there and he won't pay to get the repairs done we have the old wooden windows that are no good they let the rain in all the time. When we rang them about the kitchen roof there said what do you wont us to do we are going home we have to children in the house and water is coming through and they still said we are going home. They come out the next day stopped the leak and now they have just put wood over the plaster in the kitchen so it done fall of door that dont close. I have had to pay over £400 to get the garden done cuz they wont do it.I'm having to do the repair myself out get someone in.

4. A 1-star review by 'steffimoo' 31/12/2013

OL6
    Would you use the agent again? No

i have been a tenant with the now TE lettings or 6 months the house is terrible full of damp and i have a 2year old daughter who is constantly ill due to its poor condition i really want to move out of this property but all landlands ask for a section 21 to be served to you or i cant get re housed could anyone help me please . i would not reccommed te lettings to anyone

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Angrytetenant' 20/6/2013

OL6
    Would you use the agent again? No

Disgraceful Landlords. House damp, gas fire condemned and never removed, staff rude, and randomly add additional charges to their tenants without warning. SHOULD BE REMOVED AND FINED FOR THEIR DISGRACEFUL PRACTICES!

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'LH' 12/4/2013

OLDH
    Would you use the agent again? No

Currently in a TE lettings property, unaware of these cow boys till now. I thought I was the only person being treated in a bad manner. Clearly not. Staff are not helpful at all, I'm constantly ringing with regards to repairs that need doing. I was left with no gas or hot water, as my gad supply was linked to another te property. I am now on all electric supply. Took them 3 months to fit a new cooker, still waiting for more work to be done. Bare in mind my tenancy is up in 4 weeks, currently looking for another property. After reading the reviews I will be going to citizens advice before I leave, because I can see them charging me for something in is property. It was a shit hole when I moved n, wasn't live able. Took me 2 months to make it live able and still there is numerous problems. DO NOT LET OFF THESE PEOPLE!!!!

7. 4

A 1-star review by 'Angry mum' 9/1/2013

M43
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have recently been evicted from a property due to delays in housing benefit. My sister in law stood guarantor and set up a standing order to repay overdue rent. They agreed to amount offered and took first payment. My sister then received court summons for ccj. Wrote to court explaining arranged standing order and provided proof of payments they took so court rejected their attempt to ccj her property. They are now trying to taker her to small claims court to recover amount in full. They are still receiving standing order, my sister has not missed one payment or made a late payment yet this company is trying their best to cause mayhem. Their properties are overpriced, in very poor condition with damp, mould, rotten windows, leaks etc and take forever to attend let alone do repairs. Please BE AWARE.

“Nothing”

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'key' 30/5/2012

No Branch Selected
    Would you use the agent again? No

i lived in a tame estate house when i went to the veiwing they said we are not sure what state this house was left in so we went in their was wine and food on the tops and wardrobe and draws left in the rooms when i left a wardrobe when i moved they are trying to charge me for rubbish they dont remove as i moved it myself they dont do the repairs i had a leaak in the bathroom coming through the ceiling in my living room it took at least 3 days for them to come out and then they never checked the ceiling was safe their was all damp and mould coming through the back door and ceiling it took ages to get them to repair anythin i was told at my viewing i could decorate i stripped the walls and when th walls crumbled they said it was on my toes i had no right to decorate when i was told i could these are a disgrace and i would never ever rent off them

What could te Lettings do to change your mind??

“done all the repairs and stop trying to rip people off they are a joke”

9. 5

A 1-star review by 'annoyed mum' 30/10/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Stay clear of Tame Estates aka T E Lettings! They lure you in with their no deposits scheme, dss acceptance & quick moving in dates but this comes at a loss. The houses are below satisfactory, repairs are not done and the owners and their 'rotweilers' on the front desk are so uncaring and uncompassionate!

When we moved in the boiler hadn't been serviced or safety checked & we discovered it wasn't working at all! I was heavily pregnant & left with no boiler for days. From there we found lots of issues with the house, one being a damp, bowing ceiling in the bathroom. This was left untouched until it fell onto my sons head (8 month old) many months after it was reported. My son spent a night in hospital & has been affected ever since! After T E Lettings received a solicitors letter they served us with an eviction notice.

This agency does not like to be wrong & will do anything to keep their costs down!

STAY AWAY!

10. 8

A 1-star review by 'F***ing P***ed Off With Tame Estates' 16/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I cant believe these people are still allowed to do business with people OMG sort it out and get them OFF Rightmove!!! They even have a website now!!! They need closing down before they do more damage the people lively hood!!!!

1. 6

A 1-star review by 'spike' 6/5/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

As people on housing benefit get paid every 4 wks, TE lettings do payments in 4wks advance. However they don't tell you this until you sign the contract, because of this my rent is in constant arrears and they send me letters twice a month demanding payment. Because they don't ask for a deposit that also don't help matters, if you paid a deposit then your rent would be in advance which is better.

2. 5

A 1-star review by 'hatetameestates' 8/3/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Stay away from tame estates!!! They take a deposit off you which you don't get back never come out to do repairs and they rent diabolical dirty houses out and the rent is sky high.

We had to put up with human waste over flooding in the back yard for 6 weeks all over Christmas. The kitchen doors were hanging off and never fixed in the whole 6 months of us being there and the front door lock was broke which never got fixed which resulted in us sleeping downstairs as we didn't feel safe.

The whole so called staff that work there are unpleasant and rude.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (7) Feature This Review
  3. View All Comments (7)by IhateTeLettings  28/04/2011

Tame Estate have now changed there name to Te Lettings.
  4. 4

A 1-star review by 'lea' 26/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

Well I am going to be closing the door on Tame Estates and the shithole they were renting me tonight.

I urge anyone that's even cosidering renting from them to reconsider and avoid at all cost!!!

I'm not leaving off my own back I'm being evicted for no reason what so ever, they claim I'm in arrears but I'm not. I don't owe a penny and have reciepts to proove this but I never attended court as I did not know there was a hearing because the hand delivered letter with the date of hearing never got delivered so they were granted there warrent.

I've not left any damage or mess in the property however I'm sure they will claim I have.

I dread to think what my gaurenteurs bill will be and I'm taking as much leagal action as possible.

Do not go near Tame Estates.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (10) Feature This Review
  5. View All Comments (10)by Mez  29/09/2010

Hi Lea I am sure you had a witness to confirm you left the property in a good state, and I would suggest you contact Rent Wise, as they maybe able to help you find another property if you have been evicted. They help people like yourself find properties and even help with the deposit. I know they are based in Manchester and have something to do with the council but they maybe help you even if you want to stay in Tameside.
  6. 2

A 1-star review by 'sheen770' 22/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I have just had the priviledge to be interviewed by Panorama regarding this company and from what I was told it was a good turn out at the meeting. I'm so glad that someone is finally doing something about them and it will let others know never to use them. My advice is get out while you can!

7. View All Comments (4)by unhappytenant  23/09/2010

Hi , it looks like we all are in the same boat regarding these letters. I am also and always have been up to date and still get them along with my guarantor each week. At least now we are not isolated and it is all coming out into the open. There are contact numbers on this site for Bill at Shelter etc. don't feel alone with it.
  8. 2

A 1-star review by 'Geoff' 14/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

Stay away from these cowboys.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (3)by Lauren  16/09/2010

My dad is the handyman for tame estates and i can reassure you he is no cowboy!!!!
  10. 2

A 1-star review by 'unhappytenant' 10/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

No matter how desperate you are for a roof over your head do not rent from this landlord.... All the comments on this site say it all. Anyone needing help or advice please ring Bill on 020 7505 2032. Or Manchester Shelter on 0344 515 1640. We are all in the same boat and there should be something we could all do together to turn this round and sue this greedy & corrupt landlord instead.

11. View All Comments (4)by unhappytenant  16/09/2010

If anyone knows or sees any of any other Tame Estates properties could they please just check that the tenants know about what's going on, plus tel. numbers etc. just in case they don't know etc. We need as many as possible.
  12. 2

A 1-star review by 'ANNOYED!!!!!!' 9/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

They are the worst agents ever. They are rude unhelpful. We had human waste coming from an blocked drain and it took them 6weeks to sort it out!!! Plus we had loads damp in bedroom. And the front door lock was broke and wasnt lockable and unsecure. Could go on forever!!!

13. 1

A 1-star review by 'karen,a-u-l' 8/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

They rob you of your deposit by saying you've left house in disrepair!

14. 2

A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled.' 8/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I rented a 3bed house off these monsters in July 2007. From the word go there were problems. I had 3 kids, was pregnant with my 4th and they left us without hot water for the entire 18 month duration of the tenancy. The boiler sparked 3 times giving my husband an electric shock. We had no annual gas safety check during the entire time of living at the property despite constant calls to the office requesting it. I reported these to housing standards when we had found another house to rent. We arranged a final inspection upon vacating the property to which Tame Estates never turned up. After requesting my deposit upon leaving I was told that O owed them

15. 2

A 1-star review by 'mark' 8/9/2010

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rented back my house after selling it to them. When I left they refused to give back my deposit & threatened to take me to court because they said I had left loads of stuff in the house which they had to pay for to be removed. I personally found them to be a disgrace & would never deal with them again. I would advise people to stay away from this company.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  16. View All Comments (1)by shazza  29/09/2010

This comapny as been a nightmare for me to sold my property to them worst mistake ever made raised my rent 3 times in a year and half by nearly 180 pound they capped my fire off and wouldnt give me a new one never do the jobs ,was sat in freezing cold for a week in winter with no water or heating last year they are rude unhelpful and shoddy ,i even had a letter at my door recorded delivery last week saying they wanted me out no reason and gave me 2 months to get out then next day got another saying it was a mistake they dont care how they treat you i would urge anyone and everyone stay away!!!!

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'Hazel72' 3/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I have read and agree with these reviews of Tame Estates, I have been a tenant for over 3 years and I am now homeless because I have been evicted, took them to court and lost against them and I am now going to fight back and get justice against them, I lived in a house that was in a state of disrepair with my 2 children and I am glad to be out of there although not under these circumstances. My advice to anyone is to go to your local citizens advice who helped me a lot and get help while you are still in the property, I have dealt with all the threatening letters, abusive phone calls and their scare tactics, and so has my mother, who was my guarantor and she has MS, been through all the stress and sleepless nights. If this is happening to you then get help now, do not wait until you have moved out, also Bill from Shelter has been excellent and I really do advise that you contact him at the Shelter office. These agents need to be dealt with and I believe they will be. The more people who stand against them, the better a chance we all stand of gaining justice.

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'suzi' 29/8/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

The worse house I ever lived in. A big mistake. I have had council dis repairs in taken photos. Numerous letters saying im in 1500 arrears. When discussed with Tame Estate appears they had my payments missing on there files, I'm so glad I keep all my reciepts. I'm trying my best to get out of this property, the house is slanted, floors are caving in and my children all sleep in one room due to not feeling safe.

3. 2

A 1-star review by 'Rach' 25/8/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

Tame Estate were my only hope when I recieved this house and since moving in I have nothing but problems. I think now why didn't I listen to my sister. The holding fee is supposed to be for the holding of the house and credit checks of which apparently they don't do. My sister used to work for them and has stated that they don't do credit checks on anyone. I was advised to withhold the top up rent and have recieved an eviction notice. I am hoping to seek legal advice about the state of the property. I have had the enviromental health coming today taking photos ect and I have found out every... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (20) Feature This Review
  4. View All Comments (20)by Geoff  14/09/2010

They are bad, everyone stay away from these cowboys and the repair man (can't even put a wooden gate on straight). Waste of time.
  5. 3

A 1-star review by 'jnclp' 22/7/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I have been a tenant of them for around 18months. I have had nothing but problems and am luckily able to move out in the next few weeks.

My boiler has broken twice in a matter of months, I was left not being able to shut my back door properly for nearly 3 weeks (and I do mean shut, not lock), phoning daily to report this. Only to be told by the "Senior Adminstrator" ( a 20 year old, young lady who seems to have no customer service skills and very few manners) that I had never reported it! She also added that if someone was to come into my property and take my belongings due to this, I... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (7) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (7)by sheen770  23/07/2010

I went to view a property thats for sale and have found out Tame own that. It was a wreck and the price is sky high it had badly fitted windows a leak in the bath room the kitchen ceiling is about to fall in due to this all lights in the house are strip lights... For the record I heard over a year ago they were selling properties to get the money back as they were on the brink of ruin it was a rumour but may now be the truth.
  7. 1

A 1-star review by 'B.V. Flute' 22/7/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I have heard a lot of bad reports about Tame Estates, its quite obvious that this company shouldn't be allowed to trade as a letting agent. Rackmann was a better landlord than them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (3)by jnclp  25/07/2010

They are now trading as Tame Estates Developments.
  9. 1

A 1-star review by 'desperate' 27/6/2010

Lettings (as a Landlord)

Update from desperate.

10. View All Comments (4)by shee770  16/07/2010

if anyone has had a court letter from tameside county court regarding tame estates please check it has a stamp on and a date and claim number as mine doesnt i have just found out that it isnt real and tame send these out to scare folk which worked in my case i have handed mine into the court who are going to look into tame as its fraud to reproduce court papers so if you have one thats also not real take it to county court and do get in touch with Bill from shelter he is extremely helpful, without him i would never have known any of this!!
  11. 2

A 1-star review by 'F**king P***ed at tame estates' 3/6/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I am currently in a property that is being let by these so called agents. When we moved in the central heating didn't work at all and we currently still don't have proper heating. Our hot water isn't very hot and our radiators don't work apart from in the living room. We don't have ANY flooring down in out kitchen and our kiten itself is NOT hygiene friendly its terrible. We have a little and in her room the window is faulty and they refuse to replace it and make it safe. We have wooden windows and not UPVC like all houses on our row. All the window frames are rotting, we have a wooden door on the front that is really hard to open. Our back door its wooden too and has big cracks in it. The whole house is falling to pieces. Tame estates charge far too much for their houses and add on rediculous charges (

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (13) Feature This Review
  12. View All Comments (13)by debz  03/07/2010

Where abouts is ur house with tame estates as im desperate for a house n with me being on benefits at the moment there looking as my only hope?
  13. A 5-star review by 'happy' 21/5/2010

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I rented from Tame Estates for 5 years. I always found them very helpfull and honest. I have rented lots of property in the past and would definately say that tame estates are by far the best landlord I ever had and I would definately recommend them to all my family and friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (5) Feature This Review
  14. View All Comments (5)by jnclp  25/07/2010

You must have had some really terrible landlords to be able to rate these as good
  15. 1

A 1-star review by 'dumfounded' 16/5/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I acted as a guarantor for a tenant who got into arrears. I received unecessary intimidating and bullying letters regarding this matter. I did agree to honour payment of what I regarded as legitimate claims before I received the final account. I was dumfounded when I received this and it was for

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (6) Feature This Review
  16. View All Comments (6)by desperate  24/06/2010

I am in a similar position as you could you please give more information about the guarantee agreement not being legally sound as I have recieved a bill for
  17. 1

A 1-star review by 'Stef' 25/3/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

We were renting from tame estates for a year and had the same problems with the repairs and letters about rent, when we moved out we waited 8 wks for our final account which said we owed them nearly

18. View All Comments (4)by jnclp  28/07/2010

Could you tell me the reasons trading standards can get involved please

Page: