Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Birmingham Estate Agents and Letting Agents - Smart Homes

Smart Homes

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 71 ratings. This website contains 71 user reviews of Smart Homes.

Contact Smart Homes

• Sales (as a Buyer)6
  • Sales (Prospective customer)1

• Lettings (as a Landlord)16
  • Lettings (as a Tenant)16
  • Lettings (Prospective customer)
  • Repair/Property Management

• They manage our building
  • They are our factor
  • They manage our estate

• They arranged our mortgage
  • Re-Mortgages (Prospective Customer)
  • Mortgages (Prospective Customer)

• Surveys

4.93 out of 5.00

• 70 recommend
  • 1 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 21
in the B90 League Tables
1 out of 53
in the Solihull League Tables
250 out of 21945
in the UK

Agent Information

Smart Homes is a local, award winning, independent Estate Agent specialising in sales and lettings in the Shirley, Dickens Heath, Solihull and surrounding area.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

• Sun: 10:00 - 14:00

Registered With

• ARLA
  • RICS
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)

Areas Covered

B90B27
B91B28
B92B47
B93
B94

Smart Homes has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Smart Homes, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 26-Jan-2015 08:08:33

1. FEATURED REVIEW

£247500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Smart Homes are, in my opinion, a 'Smart Team' from beginning to end.

We have just moved both selling and buying via Smart Homes (for the second time). The service provided throughout the whole process exceeds expectations of a Selling Agent and is professional, friendly, and efficient.

Although all the staff were excellant, a special mention of Helen Sizer who was especially great in achieving our sale and purchase in a stressfree way.

We would certainly recommend Smart Homes to any prospective Sellers.

We will be back if and when we decide to sell in the future.

Very, very pleased.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

£1295
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Dealt with Smart Homes over the last few years and Sarah Jenkins for several years. I found all the staff their to be well trained, professional and prepared to go the extra mile. You can tell they have a smile on their faces when they speak to you; even over the telephone.

Highly recommended

3. FEATURED REVIEW

b28
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I let property through smart homes. they done a really professional job for me. They let property while my previous tenant was still there so there was very minimum void period.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

£700
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have met Senka Dragicevic when viewing a house that Right Move was advertising previously. We didn't go for that property, but we were very impressed when Senka remembered us and what we were looking for, and on a later phone conversation recommended the property that we are now renting. I found Smart Homes very professional, and it was a pleasure to deal with Senka. Looking for a house was initially stressful and frustrating, with lots of agencies treating you as just "one of many". When dealing with Smart Homes, we felt that our particular needs were looked at and we got the support we needed to make the move when we requested.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

£79000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Highly Recommended. Very friendly, professional and efficient service. They kept me updated every week on progress of my sale. Special mention for Helen who phoned me every week. She was excellent.

6. A 5-star review by ''

£225000

Helen Sizer

From offer to completion took 6 months as purchaser used delaying tactics to try to reduce price of sale. Throughout Helen Sizer and her team provided us with positive weekly updates and reduced the stress levels of us having to deal with the purchaser. Helen was at all times sympathetic and listened to our moans and groans. Any problem we had was dealt with "leave it with me, it is not your problem now, don't worry" and on the next update Helen gave us the result of the solution to the problems. Without the support of Helen we would have pulled the sale a long time ago.

7. A 5-star review by ''

£225000

8. A 5-star review by ''

B27
    £134000

Helen Sizer

Helen Sizer has been brilliant at keeping me up to date with everything, without her input the whole process could have been very stressful. The communication channel is permanently open. Would definetely recommend Smart Homes.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OF COURSE WE WOULD ALL LIKE LOWER FEES, WOULD PREFER FEES LINKED TO THE SALE PRICE I.E. TO WORK LIKE STAMP DUTY”

9. A 5-star review by ''

Gill Smart
    b90

Gill Smart

Gill showed us around the property on both our first and second viewing, she was very honest and helpful. She advised us the pro's and con's of the property, which we were grateful for as it didn't feel like she was trying to push the sale to us. Smart Homes did not hassle us in making follow up calls.
    Helen took over once the offer was accepted and she could not be more helpful. As first time buyers, there is a lot of information being thrown at you, but Helen explained everything is a way that we understood. Smart Homes are extremely helpful and make the process of buying a house very simple.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

£165000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely fantastic service, made the whole process very easy as we are first time buyers and kept us up to date all the time. Would certainly recommend and use again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Upload a reviwer profile image

After a difficult few months with buyers backing out Smart Homes were wonderful. Put my property straight back on the market and it was sold again in a few weeks. I couldn't have asked for better service. Always kept me up to date with the state of play. Throughally recommend them to any potential buyers/sellers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Jamie Smart, Senka Dragicevic
    £775

Jamie SmartSenka Dragicevic

Smart Homes have offered a first class service. My property was let after only two days and they kept me updated every step of the way throughout the process.

As a first time Landlord I was a little nervous about what lay ahead but Jamie, Senka and the team instantly put me at ease and I knew my property was in safe hands.

I'd highly recommend Smart Homes whether selling or renting for their brilliant communication and friendly service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES CHARGED WERE VERY REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Joshua Field
    £186000

Helen SizerJoshua Field

Smart Homes were extremely professional and friendly at the same time in my house sale and purchase. Helen guided me through the process and kept me calm with her advice and positive support. The whole team (Josh, Emma and Gill) kept me informed with their weekly updates and again were more than friendly, polite and helpful. Thanks to all at Smart Homes and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5-star review by ''

£216950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When I first contacted Smart Homes I found the staff very friendly and helpful, they soon arranged a valuation which I accepted, after discussing their fees which I found very competitive. After two block viewings they sold the house for above the asking price. Throughout the after sale service they regularly kept in contact with me in order to update me regarding the sale. Due to their efficiency the transaction was completed smoothly and without too much stress.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WAS VERY COMPETITIVE TO OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5-star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Joshua Field
    £215000

Helen SizerJoshua Field

My partner and I's experience with Smart Homes started with a visit by Jamie Smart to the house we were looking to sell. Jamie gave a first impression of honesty and openness and was extremely pleasant and down to earth. During the course of the sale, we spoke to a few of the team at the office, mainly Josh who was most helpful and professional and also dealt with Helen in terms of the sale process. She was a credit to the business being prompt and efficient in her dealings with the buyer, ourselves and both solicitors. We would not hesitate to recommend this company to anybody.

16. 1
    person found this

£220000

Helen Sizer

The service that Smart Homes have provided from start to finish is nothing short of exceptional. I was unfortunate to have been involved in a complicated house purchase with several other people in the chain. At times it was very stressful however both Helen & Josh kept me updated throughout the whole process. Special thanks goes to Helen who was constantly chasing solicitors in the chain to ensure the transaction went through. It is very rare to find estate agents with as much passion and drive as the purchaser to complete so I always knew I had the best people behind the sale. It was important to me to know that I always felt like someone was on the end of the phone only too happy to help. Smart Homes is a trustworthy company that excel in customer service to make the process as smooth as possible. I have also heard very good reviews from friends that have sold using Smart Homes including the lettings side of the business, so it is fair to say the impeccable service I recieved was not a one off. I would not hesitate to use Smart Homes in the future.

“N/A”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5-star review by ''

£575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Smart Homes for a number of years with respect re-let of my property and they have always been very professional and easy to deal with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5-star review by ''

Sarah Jenkins, Senka Dragicevic
    £825

Sarah JenkinsSenka Dragicevic

I am a first time land lord and a professional person with very less time to deal with finding a suitable tenant and deal with maintenance issues.

I had a choice of giving my property between Smart Homes and another local agent. I am very pleased that I chose Smart Homes. They found me a tenant(s) within a very short time.

Sarah Jenkins is the lettings manager. 'She is - what is stated on the tin - She knows her job very well'
    She is polite but sharp and professional. Very helpful in explaining all areas of issues that arise out of letting a property and rent collections. I was very... (read more)

“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 5-star review by ''

£1500

Senka Dragicevic

We have used other letting agents to find us tenants in the past which I have never been happy with I was recommended smart homes by a friend who used them to sale her property so I thought I would give them a go. Senka the letting agent dealing with our property was friendly and very helpful. In constant contact with me on every viewings and feed back not once have I had to phone her. They found tenants within weeks and have made the transaction as smoothly as possible. I wouldn't use anyone else and highly recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE AS LANDLORDS WILL NEVER BE HAPPY PAYING OUT SO MUCH FEES TO AGENTS BUT SMART HOMES WHERE AROUND THE SAME AS OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5-star review by ''

Property Management
    £700

Sarah Jenkins

Smart homes have displayed a very professional and personal approach in letting my apartment.they have looked after me from start to finish and made me feel vey comfortable in using them as my letting agents.
    A wonderful service all round !!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 5-star review by ''

Jamie Smart
    £245000

Jamie Smart

We invited 3 estate agents to give us their view on how to market /sell my Mothers property. Myself and my wife were the local contacts, we then had to relay this information to the family before making any decisions. Out of the 3 representatives, Mr Jamie Smart's approach regarding the process was the most professional and his assessment of value was the most realistic and in line with our own . All communication with Smart Homes was professional and friendly with regular updates from Emma and Helen.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I ACTUALLY DID NOT SEE THESE MYSELF BECAUSE THE SOLICITOR IS NOT LOCAL AND ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE FAMILY WAS DEALING WITH THIS SIDE OF THINGS , BUT I HAVE NO REASON TO THINK THAT IT WAS DIFFERENT TO WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY QUOTED .”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 5-star review by ''

Jamie Smart, Helen Sizer
    £232500

Jamie SmartHelen Sizer

We have had all the stress that is part of moving house but Smart Homes made it a a lot more enjoyable with their professionalism and friendliness. It didn't all go smoothly but we had our hand held all along the way by the delightful and efficient Helen who was our link between the solicitors and our buyer and she kept us calm. Thank you Helen and also Emma and Josh who always answered our questions quickly and efficiently. We are now in our new abode - thanks Smart Homes for everything.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5-star review by ''

£169750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This company is PHENOMENAL!!
    Selling/buying a house can be a long drawn out process & it's essential during it that you have trust and confidence in the agents working on your behalf; since the outset, my trust and confidence in Smart Homes has never waivered. If they said they'd be here/do 'x' on your behalf at 'y' o'clock, that's what they did routinely. Well co-ordinated & flexible teamwork on their part ensures there's always someone available who has a good working knowledge of your case. Means of communication are as best fits you, the team never failed to return my calls in good time, always and routinely updated me & were as comfortable with email contact as with calls.

During the buying/selling process, you get to deal with a LOT of agents; given my experiences I'd highly commend Smart Homes to anyone considering their agent options.. In my opinion, a grading of 'excellent' for this team is a gross under-statement; PHENOMENAL is more fitting!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE\'LL WORTH THE INVESTMENT”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 5-star review by ''

£250000

Helen Sizer

Very responsive, flexible and prompt in arranging viewings and the same goes for any queries raised throughout the process without having to rely on a single point of contact at their office. In addition to this we was provided with support and advice throughout from Helen to add the personal touch who was always understanding and able to fill the gap between the solicitors and seller – well done Smart Homes demonstrating the work agents do once a sale has been agreed to help ensure a smooth sale.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 4-star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Jamie Smart
    £210000

Helen SizerJamie Smart

I have been really impressed by the high level of customer service received from both Helen (and Emma in her absence) in dealing with the sale of my property. They have always been informative, polite and friendly and have put me at ease during the process, so thank you very much for this.

However, the initial marketing of the property was a little more difficult and I not receive offers as close to the valuation price of the property as I'd hoped, so I think the property may have been slightly overvalued by Jamie. However, we did need to move quickly and we did secure a buyer within two... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  26. A 5-star review by ''

Senka Dragicevic

We are really pleased with the professional service, we have received from Senka and the team at Smart Homes. The process was very simple and Senka addressed all of our concerns and went that extra mile to ensure our needs were met before we have moved in.

Overall very happy and I would recommend them to my friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 5-star review by ''

B13

Senka Dragicevic

I was looking to relocate from Telford back to Solihull to be near my children. My only stipulations were that I needed a bedroom big enough for them to share and a garden big enough for them to play in. Senka was fantastic, apart from being warm and friendly towards me and my children, she showed me a couple of houses to gauge what it was that I needed, and then only showed me properties that suited my criteria. It took no time at all for her to find me and the children a perfect house, its even right opposite a park! Fantastic experience, especially given what I had experienced from other agents who just seemed interested in sending me any house without listening to what I needed. The office is smart and professional, the staff are friendly and helpful and they score top marks for main reason for using them which was to find a house as Senka found me exactly what I needed and we are now settling in to our new home. Thank you for helping me be nearer my children, would recommend you to everyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  28. A 5-star review by ''

b90
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Hassle free letting management.

Efficient management of tenant and landlord issues, with minimal demand on landlord.

Quick turnaround for new tenants.

Good communication by email and phone.

Fees are more expensive than some but I believe the service is more professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5-star review by ''

B5
    £900

Senka Dragicevic

Smart Homes provided an excellent service in finalising my rental agreement. They were always prompt, courteous and responsive. They understood my challenges and came up with pragmatic solutions. I have seen some very un professional letting agents in my past but was very pleasantly surprised with the service I received from Smart Homes. Senka in particular is bundle of positive energy and made things happen.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 5-star review by ''

£595

Senka Dragicevic

This agency has a gold nugget in Senka Dragicevic it's Letting Negotiator. She was helpful, sensitive, cheerful and nothing was too much trouble during the showing and in completing the required paperwork, especially as we were parents acting as guarantors for our son. Her word was her bond, a refreshing experience in this day and age.

Page: