Browse agents by letter
Birmingham Estate Agents and Letting Agents - Smart Homes

Smart Homes

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 83 ratings. This website contains 83 user reviews of Smart Homes.

Agent Overview

4.93 out of 5.00

• 82 recommend
  • 1 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 21
in the B90 League Tables
1 out of 57
in the Solihull League Tables
218 out of 22316
in the UK

Agent Information

Smart Homes is a local, award winning, independent Estate Agent specialising in sales and lettings in the Shirley, Dickens Heath, Solihull and surrounding area.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • RICS
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)

Areas Covered

B90B27
B91B28
B92B47
B93
B94

Smart Homes has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Smart Homes, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 28-Mar-2015 22:23:18

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

£247500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Smart Homes are, in my opinion, a 'Smart Team' from beginning to end.

We have just moved both selling and buying via Smart Homes (for the second time). The service provided throughout the whole process exceeds expectations of a Selling Agent and is professional, friendly, and efficient.

Although all the staff were excellant, a special mention of Helen Sizer who was especially great in achieving our sale and purchase in a stressfree way.

We would certainly recommend Smart Homes to any prospective Sellers.

We will be back if and when we decide to sell in the future.

Very, very pleased.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Sarah Jenkins
    £1295
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Dealt with Smart Homes over the last few years and Sarah Jenkins for several years. I found all the staff their to be well trained, professional and prepared to go the extra mile. You can tell they have a smile on their faces when they speak to you; even over the telephone.

Highly recommended

3. FEATURED REVIEW

b28
    £750
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I let property through smart homes. they done a really professional job for me. They let property while my previous tenant was still there so there was very minimum void period.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    £700
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have met Senka Dragicevic when viewing a house that Right Move was advertising previously. We didn't go for that property, but we were very impressed when Senka remembered us and what we were looking for, and on a later phone conversation recommended the property that we are now renting. I found Smart Homes very professional, and it was a pleasure to deal with Senka. Looking for a house was initially stressful and frustrating, with lots of agencies treating you as just "one of many". When dealing with Smart Homes, we felt that our particular needs were looked at and we got the support we needed to make the move when we requested.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

£79000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Highly Recommended. Very friendly, professional and efficient service. They kept me updated every week on progress of my sale. Special mention for Helen who phoned me every week. She was excellent.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Extremely conscientious and hard working staff. Very pro-active in what was at times a difficult sale. Regular weekly updates even if nothing to report. Consistently cheerful and very helpful.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    B94
    Joshua Field

I met with josh Field at a new property in B94, he was courteous and on time! we chatted about the property I was viewing and I asked him to furnish me with some answers to my questions. He emailed me back later that day and answered all of my five questions. I would use Smart Homes again and would most definitely ask for Josh to show me around.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

£795
    Senka Dragicevic

At the beginning of March this year I contacted Smart Homes at their Dickens Heath office as I wished to let my apartment which is in the local area. I dealt with Senka Dragicevic who was extremely efficient and very helpful explaining the process in full detail. Senka came to inspect the property a few days later and to take photographs etc. On the same day Senka informed me that she had a prospective tenant who subsequently viewed the apartment, liked it and within a few days all background/references/credit checks etc had been carried out and the tenant was in situ! I am delighted with Smart Homes and could not wish for better service. I would certainly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Lynnette Somers
    £200000
    Helen Sizer no photo
    Helen SizerLynnette Somers

Smart Homes had a buyer in mind before the board went up and it was advertised. The first person that viewed gave us the asking price. We wanted a quick completion and we found Helen to be very helpful when dealing with queries and always returned our calls. We bought the property from them five years ago and found them helpful hence why we used them to sell and we wasn't disappointed in the service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

b92
    £139
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have used Smart Homes for a number of years as letting agents for our property, and they have always been excellent in choosing tenants for us. They have also responded quickly and professionally to any queries or problems we have had. Inspections of the property have always been made on time, and their reports to us very prompt, giving us peace of mind . We have also used Smart Homes in selling this property, and they found a buyer within two weeks of going on the market.... And gave weekly updates on progress leading upto completion. We have named two of the staff whom we have dealt with, but everyone else there have also been great..

“VERY GOOD”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

B14
    Helen Sizer

We bought our property using Smart Homes in Shirley and we found their service fantastic. Everybody in the office were very helpful, especially Helen Sizer, who went above & beyond to help us. We would really recommend their service to prospective buyers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

£139000
    Jamie Smart

We have had a few dealings with smarthomes as we bought our first home with them then sold with them too. I can not speak highly enough of all the team at smart homes they sold our property in just 6 days and have been fantastic when Jamie first valued it he was really professional and offered great advise after we dealt with Helen who has been an absolute pleasure to deal with she has kept us upto date every step of the way she is always first to chase things up and keep you in the loop! If you are looking to use an agents that make you feel that your property is there priority smart homes is certainly the right choice!!! 5 star service and very impressive customer service! Mr and mrs bird

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

£194000
    Helen Sizer

I bought a property in Shirley area through smart homes and highly impressed by the level of service and follow up provided by Helen Sizer and the team. I was looking for a suitable home in shirley since 2013. I always found staff at Smart Homes very friendly and willing to help all the time. Helen was amazing in her follow up and in keeping me posted in the progress of purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Joshua Field, Helen Sizer
    b90
    Joshua Field Helen Sizer
    Joshua FieldHelen Sizer

I recently decided to buy a property in Shirley when I relocated from my home in Essex. I was strange to the area so I was visiting for a few days and in order to get the maximum viewings Josh helped in organising the appointments for me and even made sure I knew where the next appointment was so I didn't get lost. Nothing was too much trouble
    Helen Sizer went beyond the call of duty, even phoning me in the evening to update me on my purchase and never once did she fail to contact me when she said she would.She was always happy and positive even when I wasn't!
    This was a difficult... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

B27
    £267500
    Helen Sizer

The sale took a very long time due to the buyer issues in getting a mortgage. Smart Homes updated me every week on the status of the sale and pushed hard to get this completed.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Emma Daffurn
    B13
    £244950
    Helen Sizer Emma Daffurn
    Helen SizerEmma Daffurn

Our experience with Smarthomes was an extremely positive one. Everyone there was very professional and helpful and if they said they were going to do something they did it without fail. They never left you waiting about for calls, if they didn't have an answer for you they always called before the end of the day to let you know the position.
    They also helped us in ways beyond their remit when we encountered a few problems with the property we were purchasing.
    We would recommend them to everyone and if we were in a position to move again would not hesitate to contact them to act on our behalf.
    We would like to thank everyone there for making our new venture as stress free as could be.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Senka Dragicevic, Hannah Delaney
    CV12
    £495
    Senka Dragicevic Hannah Delaney
    Senka DragicevicHannah Delaney

Me and my partner have for the first time rented a property and we chose smart homes as the property we fell in love with was with them.

The staff within smart homes including Senka and Hannah have been genuinly very helpful and polite throughout the process.

As it was our first time it was pretty stressful but Smart homes put us at ease with all concerns/complications we had, reassured us they would do everything in theior power to make sure we get what we need as quick as possible. They were efficient and responsive.

I felt like a bit of a pest as i was calling the girls at smart homes everyday with queries and for advise but not at one point did they make me feel i was an annoying customer.

They came across like they work extrememly hard not just for us but all their customers to meet their needs and give satisfaction to their customers.

Very happy tenants indeed : )

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE BOND FEE WAS A LITTLE EXPENSIVE (MONTH AND A HALF) FOR A 2 BED APARTMENT BUT THIS IS THE LEAST AS OUR WORRIES AS WE GOT WHAT WE WANTED THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£225000
    Helen Sizer

From offer to completion took 6 months as purchaser used delaying tactics to try to reduce price of sale. Throughout Helen Sizer and her team provided us with positive weekly updates and reduced the stress levels of us having to deal with the purchaser. Helen was at all times sympathetic and listened to our moans and groans. Any problem we had was dealt with "leave it with me, it is not your problem now, don't worry" and on the next update Helen gave us the result of the solution to the problems. Without the support of Helen we would have pulled the sale a long time ago.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

£225000

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

B27
    £134000
    Helen Sizer

Helen Sizer has been brilliant at keeping me up to date with everything, without her input the whole process could have been very stressful. The communication channel is permanently open. Would definetely recommend Smart Homes.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OF COURSE WE WOULD ALL LIKE LOWER FEES, WOULD PREFER FEES LINKED TO THE SALE PRICE I.E. TO WORK LIKE STAMP DUTY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

b90
    Gill Smart

Gill showed us around the property on both our first and second viewing, she was very honest and helpful. She advised us the pro's and con's of the property, which we were grateful for as it didn't feel like she was trying to push the sale to us. Smart Homes did not hassle us in making follow up calls.
    Helen took over once the offer was accepted and she could not be more helpful. As first time buyers, there is a lot of information being thrown at you, but Helen explained everything is a way that we understood. Smart Homes are extremely helpful and make the process of buying a house very simple.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

£165000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely fantastic service, made the whole process very easy as we are first time buyers and kept us up to date all the time. Would certainly recommend and use again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

B91
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After a difficult few months with buyers backing out Smart Homes were wonderful. Put my property straight back on the market and it was sold again in a few weeks. I couldn't have asked for better service. Always kept me up to date with the state of play. Throughally recommend them to any potential buyers/sellers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Jamie Smart, Senka Dragicevic
    £775
    Jamie Smart Senka Dragicevic
    Jamie SmartSenka Dragicevic

Smart Homes have offered a first class service. My property was let after only two days and they kept me updated every step of the way throughout the process.

As a first time Landlord I was a little nervous about what lay ahead but Jamie, Senka and the team instantly put me at ease and I knew my property was in safe hands.

I'd highly recommend Smart Homes whether selling or renting for their brilliant communication and friendly service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES CHARGED WERE VERY REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Joshua Field
    £186000
    Helen Sizer Joshua Field
    Helen SizerJoshua Field

Smart Homes were extremely professional and friendly at the same time in my house sale and purchase. Helen guided me through the process and kept me calm with her advice and positive support. The whole team (Josh, Emma and Gill) kept me informed with their weekly updates and again were more than friendly, polite and helpful. Thanks to all at Smart Homes and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

£216950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When I first contacted Smart Homes I found the staff very friendly and helpful, they soon arranged a valuation which I accepted, after discussing their fees which I found very competitive. After two block viewings they sold the house for above the asking price. Throughout the after sale service they regularly kept in contact with me in order to update me regarding the sale. Due to their efficiency the transaction was completed smoothly and without too much stress.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WAS VERY COMPETITIVE TO OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Helen Sizer, Joshua Field
    £215000
    Helen Sizer Joshua Field
    Helen SizerJoshua Field

My partner and I's experience with Smart Homes started with a visit by Jamie Smart to the house we were looking to sell. Jamie gave a first impression of honesty and openness and was extremely pleasant and down to earth. During the course of the sale, we spoke to a few of the team at the office, mainly Josh who was most helpful and professional and also dealt with Helen in terms of the sale process. She was a credit to the business being prompt and efficient in her dealings with the buyer, ourselves and both solicitors. We would not hesitate to recommend this company to anybody.

28. 1
    person found this

£220000
    Helen Sizer

The service that Smart Homes have provided from start to finish is nothing short of exceptional. I was unfortunate to have been involved in a complicated house purchase with several other people in the chain. At times it was very stressful however both Helen & Josh kept me updated throughout the whole process. Special thanks goes to Helen who was constantly chasing solicitors in the chain to ensure the transaction went through. It is very rare to find estate agents with as much passion and drive as the purchaser to complete so I always knew I had the best people behind the sale. It was important to me to know that I always felt like someone was on the end of the phone only too happy to help. Smart Homes is a trustworthy company that excel in customer service to make the process as smooth as possible. I have also heard very good reviews from friends that have sold using Smart Homes including the lettings side of the business, so it is fair to say the impeccable service I recieved was not a one off. I would not hesitate to use Smart Homes in the future.

“N/A”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

£575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Smart Homes for a number of years with respect re-let of my property and they have always been very professional and easy to deal with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Sarah Jenkins, Senka Dragicevic
    £825
    Sarah Jenkins Senka Dragicevic
    Sarah JenkinsSenka Dragicevic

I am a first time land lord and a professional person with very less time to deal with finding a suitable tenant and deal with maintenance issues.

I had a choice of giving my property between Smart Homes and another local agent. I am very pleased that I chose Smart Homes. They found me a tenant(s) within a very short time.

Sarah Jenkins is the lettings manager. 'She is - what is stated on the tin - She knows her job very well'
    She is polite but sharp and professional. Very helpful in explaining all areas of issues that arise out of letting a property and rent collections. I was very... (read more)

“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”