FREE Valuation

Pygott & Crone

Agent rating: 1.3 out of 5.0 based on 13 ratings. This website contains 13 user reviews of Pygott & Crone.

• Pygott & Crone has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Pygott & Crone, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 1 recommend
  • 12 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Pygott & Crone is currently unavailable.

Page last updated on: 04-May-2015 11:45:12

Customer Reviews

1. A 1 -star review by ''

Surveys
    angela naish
    dn21
    angela naish

An agent from Pygott and Crone came to survey my property for the prospective purchasers mortgage. At my home he told me that my property would definitely value up and that everything would go through fine. I expected this to be the case as my property was fairly priced in comparison to similar properties in the area. It is a 3 bedroomed detached cottage with an acre of land and stables and I was asking 200k as it requires some rennovation. The surveyor then went back to his office and decided on a price much much lower than my asking price and also much much lower than any similar property in this area. This meant that my buyer was unable to proceed and I did not sell my house. The buyer wanted to proceed but could not get a sufficient

The surveyor could not give any reasons for his change of mind neither would he look at the similar properties I had provided to him. He would not and could not justify his valuation and lost my buyer his dream home.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Watergate (Grantham) (Lincolnshire)
    NG32
    Would you use the agent again? No

Called the agents about this property 6 weeks ago and asked to view it......was told 3 days later that it wasnt for sale it was all a mistake..................called the same agents about this property 2 days ago....waited 2 days for a call back..they didnt bother.....called them again and was told that the owner had sold it......i asked why it hadnt been taken off their website......no answer!!...... *"I have found" these agents are completely untrustworthy....they are the worst agents i have ever tried to business with

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“tell the truth from the outset?”

3. 3

Branch:
    22 South St Marys Gate (Aberdeen City)
    Hayley McCabe
    LN4
    Sold Price
    £97000
    Hayley McCabe

I am urgently trying to buy a property in Lincoln. The above property came on the market and I requested an early viewing (this was on the 11th of November), I was told that the earliest viewing was Friday the 14th at 12.00. I requested an earlier viewing, but was told that this was the earliest, but I would be the first person to view it. On the Friday we arrived in Canwick early to walk around the village - we were very surprised to see another couple view the property before us (so much for being the first to view). The property was on the market for £89,950 - and after seeing the... (read more)

4. 1
    person found this

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    LN2
    Rent PCM
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? No

Thanks to Pygott & Crone's terrible service I am now homeless, having to stay with friends and store my furniture in their garage. As I am moving from London, I left loads of time to find somewhere to live and was delighted to find a nice property in my price range. I put in an application on 22nd July. Alarm bells should have sounded from the beginning to be honest as they failed to send an agent to show me round and relied on the tenant to do it for them. She was lovely and very enthusiastic about the property and location.

From the moment I put in the application I was given the... (read more)

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“Actually done the job they are paid to do. Responded to me without having to be constantly chased.”

5. 2

LN1
    Would you use the agent again? No

Went to view a property, man who showed us around was nice and seemed very knowledgeable. We asked about parking and he assured us there was parking outside but we had to buy permits from the council, he even specified the price and said we would be able to get permits for both cars.
    We signed the contract, paid the admin fee and my boyfriend (who thankfully is organised otherwise would have found out even later) applied for our permits from the council. To cut a long story short, the property was not eligible for a permit and had never been registered - the previous tenant didn't have a... (read more)

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“Do not advertise properties as having parking when there is no parking and there never has been! Nobody got back to us, we had to keep calling even though we were at work and members of staff seemed irritated by us \'hassling,\' even though we were going to be homeless in 2 weeks if it wasn\'t sorted out. Property is being advertised and still doesn\'t mention there is no parking which is appalling and wasting peoples time.”

6. 9

, Barry Gray
    Ln2
    Barry Gray

I went to view a property at sandringham house in Lincoln, shown round by a young lad who was new and seemed nice. The next day I decided to make an offer and spoke to Jason the manager. My offer was 47k (asking price 50k), which was rejected and Jason informed me if I met the seller halfway then he would accept. I then decided to offer this and it was accepted and was told they were not taking on any more viewings, and I took pygott and crone up on their offer of some financial advice. Speaking to them on the phone I gave them my details - earnings etc. later that evening I went in for an... (read more)

7. 15

LN1
    Would you use the agent again? No

Agree with comments from "disgusted" above. Having constantly been told by the staff in Silver Street how they sell the most properties in Lincoln this was an unforgettable, stressful experience. Yes I also agree that its run by young kids who are only concerned with making their commission at your expense. They valued my property, placed it on the market using the last estates agents photos and really all they did was put it on the website, stuck a board outside and arranged some inappropriate viewings - 1 couple hadnt even put their property on the market and were sent to view! I... (read more)

8. 6

Staff Member
    mark brayfield, sharon sleaford branch
    no photono photo
    mark brayfieldsharon sleaford branch

an absolute joke of a letting agent. for a company who promotes themselces as lincolnshires number 1 agent they are absolute criminals. we rented a property 5 college closein lincoln.we were told structural and damp proof work had been done on the chimney but yet as it turned out the landlord cut every corner possible. she isnt willing to sort out problems. we ended up leaving due to getting a damp specialistto oook at this property and his verdict was it was serious enough to call the environmental agency. there was rising damp on nearly every wall in the house. avoid this agent as they try to pass the blame for everything.

they were always loosing our documents like the complaint letter, deposit slips.all too convinient. staff are rude, try to avoid sorting problems. snd definetly are the number one tools....

AVOID

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“actually become a decent letting agent with competent staff..”

9. 10

Would you use the agent again? No

Very dodgy for a larger company. Seemingly in partnership with landlords to withhold deposits.
    Mr M.Brayfield was particularly elusive and would never return a call or email.
    Despite being given an extreme amount of time to resolve this they failed and we used the TDS to help. I believe if we hadn't we would still be waiting for resolution.

If you must use these guys for the property you want than try to avoid Mr Brayfield - amateur at best who lacks basic adult functions.

Abbey who answers most of the calls is great but she relies on others who fail in there responsibilities.

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“Employ competent problem solvers who can do the job.”

10. 13

No branch selected
    Would you use the agent again? No

THE WORST OUT THERE sold our property then it fell through found out they sold our buyers a NEW property , had other timewasters that they had dragged in ... One OLD lady was away with the fairys and wanted a massive kitchen ours was 11/12.. The other TIMEWASTER couldnt be bothered to turn up for the appointment....RUN BY YOUNG LADS and madame manager who will stab you in the back befriend everyone that will listen to her bulls...t Two faced underhanded and breaks every rule with DATA PROTECTION against her clients confidentialality...IF YOU WANT SERVE STRESS USE THESE IDIOTS THEY CHERRY PICK there properties and do not keep you informed

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND SHOW THEM THE BROCHURES... CHECK THERE FINANCES TO BUY INSTEAD OF SENDING . TIMEWASTING MORONS . BE HONEST TO THE SELLER AND THE BUYER”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

12. 11

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Would you use the agent again? No

Worse possible experience. Run by young kids who are clearly only concerned with their commission. Once an offer has been made (any offer!) you are totally ignored and fobbed off by the senior people in the Silver St office.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent customer service! Sold our property within days for more than we were expecting. Many Thanks to Pycott & Crone in Lincoln. Mr Dawson.

14. 12

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely horrible company to have to deal with. Only out for themselves at every opportununity. Makes me angry just thinking about how they treated us. Avoid.