Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Pygott & Crone

Agent rating: 1.4 out of 5.0 based on 10 ratings. This website contains 10 user reviews of Pygott & Crone.

Filter Reviews

• 9 disapprove

Sell or Rent your Property with ease

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Pygott & Crone is currently unavailable.

Pygott & Crone has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Pygott & Crone, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 16-Sep-2014 16:33:54

1. A 1-star review by 'Sarah' 19/8/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    LN2
    Rent PCM
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Thanks to Pygott & Crone's terrible service I am now homeless, having to stay with friends and store my furniture in their garage. As I am moving from London, I left loads of time to find somewhere to live and was delighted to find a nice property in my price range. I put in an application on 22nd July. Alarm bells should have sounded from the beginning to be honest as they failed to send an agent to show me round and relied on the tenant to do it for them. She was lovely and very enthusiastic about the property and location.

From the moment I put in the application I was given the... (read more)

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“Actually done the job they are paid to do. Responded to me without having to be constantly chased.”

2. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'ameliawicker' 14/1/2014

LN1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Went to view a property, man who showed us around was nice and seemed very knowledgeable. We asked about parking and he assured us there was parking outside but we had to buy permits from the council, he even specified the price and said we would be able to get permits for both cars.
    We signed the contract, paid the admin fee and my boyfriend (who thankfully is organised otherwise would have found out even later) applied for our permits from the council. To cut a long story short, the property was not eligible for a permit and had never been registered - the previous tenant didn't have a... (read more)

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“Do not advertise properties as having parking when there is no parking and there never has been! Nobody got back to us, we had to keep calling even though we were at work and members of staff seemed irritated by us \'hassling,\' even though we were going to be homeless in 2 weeks if it wasn\'t sorted out. Property is being advertised and still doesn\'t mention there is no parking which is appalling and wasting peoples time.”

3. 6

A 1-star review by 'Paul freeman' 30/6/2013

, Barry Gray
    Ln2

Barry Gray

I went to view a property at sandringham house in Lincoln, shown round by a young lad who was new and seemed nice. The next day I decided to make an offer and spoke to Jason the manager. My offer was 47k (asking price 50k), which was rejected and Jason informed me if I met the seller halfway then he would accept. I then decided to offer this and it was accepted and was told they were not taking on any more viewings, and I took pygott and crone up on their offer of some financial advice. Speaking to them on the phone I gave them my details - earnings etc. later that evening I went in for an... (read more)

4. 11

A 1-star review by 'Another disgusted vendor' 19/2/2013

LN1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Agree with comments from "disgusted" above. Having constantly been told by the staff in Silver Street how they sell the most properties in Lincoln this was an unforgettable, stressful experience. Yes I also agree that its run by young kids who are only concerned with making their commission at your expense. They valued my property, placed it on the market using the last estates agents photos and really all they did was put it on the website, stuck a board outside and arranged some inappropriate viewings - 1 couple hadnt even put their property on the market and were sent to view! I... (read more)

5. 5

A 1-star review by 'ROB' 29/10/2012

Staff Member
    mark brayfield, sharon sleaford branch

mark brayfieldsharon sleaford branch

an absolute joke of a letting agent. for a company who promotes themselces as lincolnshires number 1 agent they are absolute criminals. we rented a property 5 college closein lincoln.we were told structural and damp proof work had been done on the chimney but yet as it turned out the landlord cut every corner possible. she isnt willing to sort out problems. we ended up leaving due to getting a damp specialistto oook at this property and his verdict was it was serious enough to call the environmental agency. there was rising damp on nearly every wall in the house. avoid this agent as they try to pass the blame for everything.

they were always loosing our documents like the complaint letter, deposit slips.all too convinient. staff are rude, try to avoid sorting problems. snd definetly are the number one tools....

AVOID

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“actually become a decent letting agent with competent staff..”

6. 9

A 1-star review by 'TDS' 18/7/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Very dodgy for a larger company. Seemingly in partnership with landlords to withhold deposits.
    Mr M.Brayfield was particularly elusive and would never return a call or email.
    Despite being given an extreme amount of time to resolve this they failed and we used the TDS to help. I believe if we hadn't we would still be waiting for resolution.

If you must use these guys for the property you want than try to avoid Mr Brayfield - amateur at best who lacks basic adult functions.

Abbey who answers most of the calls is great but she relies on others who fail in there responsibilities.

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“Employ competent problem solvers who can do the job.”

7. 11

A 1-star review by 'graham' 23/12/2011

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

THE WORST OUT THERE sold our property then it fell through found out they sold our buyers a NEW property , had other timewasters that they had dragged in ... One OLD lady was away with the fairys and wanted a massive kitchen ours was 11/12.. The other TIMEWASTER couldnt be bothered to turn up for the appointment....RUN BY YOUNG LADS and madame manager who will stab you in the back befriend everyone that will listen to her bulls...t Two faced underhanded and breaks every rule with DATA PROTECTION against her clients confidentialality...IF YOU WANT SERVE STRESS USE THESE IDIOTS THEY CHERRY PICK there properties and do not keep you informed

What could Pygott & Crone do to change your mind??

“LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND SHOW THEM THE BROCHURES... CHECK THERE FINANCES TO BUY INSTEAD OF SENDING . TIMEWASTING MORONS . BE HONEST TO THE SELLER AND THE BUYER”

8. 10

A 1-star review by 'Disgusted' 12/5/2011

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Worse possible experience. Run by young kids who are clearly only concerned with their commission. Once an offer has been made (any offer!) you are totally ignored and fobbed off by the senior people in the Silver St office.

9. A 5-star review by 'dawson81' 24/1/2011

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent customer service! Sold our property within days for more than we were expecting. Many Thanks to Pycott & Crone in Lincoln. Mr Dawson.

10. 11

A 1-star review by 'Paul' 14/7/2010

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely horrible company to have to deal with. Only out for themselves at every opportununity. Makes me angry just thinking about how they treated us. Avoid.

Sell or Rent your Property with ease