Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Looking for a job in the property industry/ | allAgents Property Jobs

Property Links (Plymouth)

Agent rating: 2.9 out of 5.0 based on 18 ratings. This website contains 18 user reviews of Property Links (Plymouth).

Filter Reviews

• 9 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Property Links (Plymouth) is currently unavailable.

Property Links (Plymouth) has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Property Links (Plymouth), please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 24-Jul-2014 02:43:50

1. A 5-star review by 'Charly' 21/5/2014

Sarah Desforges, Plymouth Plymouth
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Property links were very helpful to find me a student home for my final year. We left it last minute and they did their best to meet all of our home preferences. Whilst living in the property, any problems we had, we let them know straight away and their response was fast and friendly. The agent who had dealt with our property, Sarah, was lovely. Upon ending our tenancy she was more than happy to ensure we had sorted everything out. Problems come up in any home but how the agency deal with it is the most important and I give their customer service 5 stars. Whether you're a student or not, I would recommend this agency and as long as you leave the house how you left it and let them know should a problem come up, you'll have a easy and friendly tenancy!!

2. A 5-star review by 'Jeremy' 27/3/2014

Property Management
    MATT simpson
    PL1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

For 6 years Matt Simpson from Property link has looked after my property in PL1 ,he first looked after it as my contact then moved to Maintenance and for the last year has been in the estate agents side .
    Through out he has always been up front and when contacted always came back to me.
    Like all land lords there are some good and bad tenants ,when there has been an issue Matt was always there to sort it .
    I also have to thank the rest of the staff again they have always been positive in dealing with issue .

If you are looking for a company to manage your property then choose Property Link 10 out of 10 thank you

3. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'JB' 28/1/2014

PL6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Always had a good experience with this agent, my shower stopped working, sent a email to the portal, had a phone call within an a hour, with a TX from a contractor who came round to look at the job within total 3 hours the shower was replaced. It does not get much better than that! Really impressed, well done Property links.JB.

4. 3

A 5-star review by 'John Garland' 10/12/2013

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    EX10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have had several agents in Plymouth and Property Links have been way ahead of any one I have dealt with. I totally trust them as they have provided an excellent service and advice of all aspects of letting out my houses. They answer the phones quickly and reply to emails on the same day! I have had almost 100% occupancy with my houses which is an amazing achievement. My houses are regularly checked and I get an automatic update of the house with pictures if needed. And I have also arranged for any minor problems to be fixed automatically. Its nice to know that your houses are in safe hands and that you can sleep easy at night! Keep up the good work Property Links !

5. 3

A 5-star review by 'Rob' 18/11/2013

PL7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am very pleased with the friendly and professional way Property Links have dealt with me. After moving into my flat there were some minor maintenance issues that were dealt with very swiftly.

Overall I am very happy with my experience and am happy to recommend them to anybody.

6. View All Comments (1)by MD  18/01/2014

Thank you Sir, for your comments.
  7. 2

A 5-star review by 'Charli K' 12/11/2013

Lianna Pitsakis-Trueman, Karen Sheather
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My family and I have been renting from Property Links for the last 3 years. When we went to view the house initially, it had been occupied by students but Property Links bent over backwards in the first few weeks and months to enable us to make this house, our home. We have had a couple of maintainace issues which have all been dealt with quickly and efficiently with the girls in the office providing a stella service, especially Lianna! I would (and do often) highly recommend this company to anyone considering renting in Plymouth!

8. View All Comments (1)by Md  18/01/2014

Many thanks for your words, the staff do try very hard to get every thing right, in a very demanding environment , despite trying its seems impossible to please every one, I am pleased you are one of many that we have pleased. MD
  9. A 1-star review by 'tattersalls' 30/5/2013

Would you use the agent again? No

At first Property Links were more than helpful, however after paying the rent up front, i was more than disappointed from here on out. I moved into the property - it was FILTHY! Now, i am a student and have lived in some pretty bad places, but i do not expect to be paying that amount of money for rent AND AGENCY FEES!!! to move into a house which most definitely has not been cleaned this side of 2013!!
    The house lacked basic amenities and the courtyard/garden was messier than the house. We were told that the rubbish that had been left there was going to be cleared by the landlord......3... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (3)by mc  23/10/2013

Dear TATTERSAL, i would agree with the state of the property as above, this was a student let, which was booked well in adavanced by the tenants, some six months prior to taking up let, the Landlady at the time, had one month before the tenants where due to move in, decided to do some rather large improvements, hence the property outside still had remaining rubbish for the works carried out. The landlady, was a difficult person to deal with, and unknown to this agency had been ditched by several other agents over the past years.however, all problems where resolved, including the damage by... (read more)
  11. A 1-star review by 'C king' 28/3/2013

PL12
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rented a property for years with this company as I had no choice to stay where I was. They left me eith no heating for the last 4 years, a rotten balcony for a year and a half. The hole place is damp to the point that mould is growing everywhere. They also left me with a hole in the roof for 3 months with water running through the electrics in the bathroom. Their tradesmen are cowboys and dont do any job properly. I strongly advise never to rent off this company even after the problems I have had for years they still want paying their last months rent .DO NOT RENT FROM PROPERTY LINKS.

What could Property Links (Plymouth) do to change your mind??

“Change attitude and sort problems out when asked”

12. A 1-star review by 'Jo 22' 15/3/2013

PL46
    Would you use the agent again? No

Seemed all very nice at first, easy enough to arrange to rent the property. We were given no direct contact of the landlord and no emergency number for the agents. House was unclean when we moved in with a lot of issues and more arising every week, none of which have been dealt with and we have been in the property for 6 months now. Our main concern is the Electrics, the landlady refuses to get a safety check done and when we informed the council of this and they attempted to check she had all the correct certification she flew off to florida for a month, very suspicious. Do not know why the agents would take on a property in such a state especially if the legal certifications are not up to date, I would not advise anyone to rent with this company.

13. 3

A 5-star review by 'Chrisdc1' 31/1/2013

PL6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been renting from property links for 3 years now and have just signed for anther 6 months.
    During my contract i have experienced minor problems within the property of which were dealt swiftly and proffessionaly without any inconvenience to myself. If you are looking for peace of mind and a secure property to rent I would certainly recommend Property Links.

14. View All Comments (1)by mc  11/02/2013

Thank you for your comments.

1. 2

A 5-star review by 'S.allen' 29/1/2013

PL13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I rented a property through property links recently and I found them to be very helpful and fast moving with the application process. There procedure of having personal account managers who help you through each and every step is a very personal and professional service. They are even open 7 days a week which was very helpful considering I work full time. Well done property links I will definitely recommend you to my friends.

2. 4

A 4-star review by 'J.Farmer' 10/11/2012

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I moved out of a flat let through property links a few weeks ago and couldn't of been happier with the service of this company. The girls in the office were very pleasant and infomative; I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if I moved back to Plymouth. My deposit was returned, untouched, after a few days - very swift. I had a few problems at the flat which were dealt with almost immediately by the repairs department - which is appreciated when you have no hot water. Overall 5/5 for service and would tell any friends who have dealings in the southwest to use them.

3. View All Comments (1)by Property links  12/11/2012

Thank you very much for your comments, what a nice change to see some positive remarks.
  4. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'JEREMY RUNDLE' 10/7/2012

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Would you use the agent again? No

I called them for my disabled son, we were told that he could move in and that they accepted the councils "bond scheme" we were expecting to find a payment of £320, I was told the property was a nice clean place with respectable tenants including business people and a dentist.

My son spent the last £10 of his disability living allowance getting there TWO hours early so as not to miss a viewing,

THE PLACE WAS DISGUSTING, BROKEN DOORS, DIRTY BROKEN WINDOWS, HE DSAYS LIKE A 50 YEAR OLD HOSTEL THAT HAD NEVER BEEN CLEANED.

WHAT IS WORSE THEY THEN TOLD HIM THEY WANTED £750 AND MONEY FOR A CREDIT CHECK

B E W A R E this company

What could Property Links (Plymouth) do to change your mind??

“BEEN HONEST AND UP FRONT ABOUT COSTS NOT MISLED MY DISABLED 20 YEAR OLD DISABLED SON ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY”

5. View All Comments (1)by property links  12/11/2012

This report is abuse, this person has no understanding about how to rent a property, he was the farther of the actual person viewing, he had not even been in the property to assess any of the above complaint.This company spoke to this man who was going to remove this, however seems not to have done so... Any person reading his coments would understand.
  6. 2

A 1-star review by 'JONNY' 1/6/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

lovely people when theyre trying to get you to move in. however in 8 months of being a tenant with them, they did not want to know at all any concerns i had over the period. only concerned with getting their mopney every month. oh, and trying to keep the deposit by saying that things were damaged when i left. my only regret is not reading this review page before i moved in!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

7. View All Comments (1)by property links  12/11/2012

Dear Sir, no one was trying to keep any deposits, this tenant like everyone is part of the TDS and if there where deposit type issues, then the tenant had the right to dispute such with the TDS., rent needs to be paid each month, dreadfull situation, signed as an AST conditions, if the company had to keep chasing for rent then i am sorry for this, the company only ever chases rent which is late comming in. pay the rent on time, you wont get chased.
  8. 2

A 1-star review by 'TASHA' 2/3/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

Absoloutley disgusting estate agents! Never would i reccomend them too anyone, since being in my property i have been infested with mice which were there before we moved in and were never told about it, also the flta is covered in damp which has caused me too have a constant chest infection! Every time they say that they will call you back they dont, and they were also late on doing our renovation checks which is dangerous and we now have dodgey electrics. They left us without hot running water and white goods for almost two eeks! Please dont go with them as they will never ever sort things out for you!

What could Property Links (Plymouth) do to change your mind??

“ABSOLOUTLEY DISGUSTING ESATE AGENTS! NEVER WOULD I RECCOMEND THEM TOO ANYONE, SINCE BEING IN MY PROPERTY I HAVE BEEN INFESTED WITH MICE WHICH WERE THERE BEFORE WE MOVED IN AND WERE NEVER TOLD ABOUT IT, ALSO THE FLTA IS COVERED IN DAMP WHICH HAS CAUSED ME TOO HAVE A CONSTANT CHEST INFECTION! EVERY TIME THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL CALL YOU BACK THEY DONT, AND THEY WERE ALSO LATE ON DOING OUR RENOVATION CHECKS WHICH IS DANGEROUS AND WE NOW HAVE DODGEY ELECTRICS. THEY LEFT US WITHOUT HOT RUNNING WATER AND WHITE GOODS FOR ALMOST TWO EEKS! PLEASE DONT GO WITH THEM AS THEY WILL NEVER EVER SORT THINGS OUT FOR YOU! WORST ESTATE AGENTS EVERRRRR!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (2)by Property Links  12/11/2012

Very Surprised at these coments. The fact of the matter is that a letting agent can not always know if the property has mice as this is quite usually a life style thing; the agent did not go along and put a bucket full of mice in the property. Damp has always been an issue in Plymouth with properties suffering from condensation, and black spot mould due to both the location & again life style conditions. Unfortunately many people do not know the differance; however our tenants are always given an information pack prior to moving in the property. Maintenance issues can be easily checked as we have a web portal for maintance problems. Having checked this all was done in a reasonable time, and considering the defects were reported on Friday evening at 17:39, a contractor was on-site to remedy the issue on Monday 10:42 am. Regards. Property Links
  10. 2

A 1-star review by 'Clare' 27/2/2012

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was a landlord that had never let in Plymouth before so I used Property Links find a tenant only service. Within a few days of the property being advertised Property Links called to say they have a lovely lady who would like to rent the house. They said she had a CCJ but it was many years old and for a minor amount. They emphasised how nice the lady was. They said that on their gut instinct she would be a good tenant. Foolishly I never met or spoke to the tennant before she moved in and took it upon the advice and experience of Property Links that she would be a good tenant. Within days of... (read more)

What could Property Links (Plymouth) do to change your mind??

“Look at the referencing you have on a prospective tenant and accord the landlord accoringly. So if the referencing says to decline the tenant then the agent should advise the landlord to decline the tenant.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (2)by Property links  14/04/2012

Having read the above comments, it is understood that this some what frustrating for the owner of the property and indeed not something one wants a Landlord to have to deal with, having said that, firstly the landlord wanted a tanant find only service and with respect the landlord was informed of the situation of the tenants past history, and excepted the tenant. in the best will in the world, the short time period you have with the prespective tenant, it is only natural that one takes the tenant on face value unless there is something which does not add up in the application period. For the... (read more)
  12. 3

A 1-star review by 'Angry Customer' 10/2/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

Experienced numerous problems with the agent over the course of 2 years including
    - Taking months to get a leaking toilet fixed causing damage to the 2 properties below, both of which have no relation to Property links.
    - A faulty lock on the front door that took 2 years to fix.
    - They took a over a week to arrange someone to fix the boiler leaving us without heating and hot water.
    - The DIRECTOR was extremely rude when making a complaint
    AVOID!!

13. 4

A 1-star review by 'mikey' 27/5/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I have received appalling service from this agency, such as them promising to fix dangerous faults but never actually doing a thing.When I complained he was very intimidating and threatening. They are also trying to charge me for damages that were here when I moved in and they said they would fix. Avoid!