Portico
Portico | London Estate Agents

Portico

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 604 ratings. This website contains 603 user reviews of Portico.

• Portico has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Portico, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 44 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Portico - the new name of Edmund Cude & Bushells Group - is a leading London estate agent with a difference.
We're approachable, we listen to our customers and we go the extra mile. Our team is well educated and we take a knowledge-driven approach to property, delivering advice in a friendly and consultative way.

Most importantly, we're focused on delivering an outcome that is in the long-term best interests of our clients.

We've just launched a new set of packages which go to the heart of what our clients have told us they need. So for example, our cost effective property management service includes a rental guarantee as standard. And our new flagship product offers a uniquely personal service that takes all the hassle out of being a landlord. This personal service is supported by an in-house, local Property Concierge: an expert property manager who will proactively manage our client's property as if it were their own.

As you might expect, we are members of ARLA, NAEA, Safe Agent and TPOS. But we also have a team of in-house tradesmen, to make sure we can offer our sales and lettings clients the best possible standards of property maintenance.

Our longer opening hours are there for your convenience. Pop in and see us 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, or 10am to 5pm on Saturdays.

Page last updated on: 02-Jun-2015 15:41:02

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 21)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Charlotte Oborne, Lisa Compas
    £2100
    Charlotte OborneLisa Compas

Lisa showed us around the property and was very clear on the works that they were getting the landlord to approve. She was very friendly but never led us on at all. Always very clear on what the landlord would and wouldn't do.
    We were a bit disorganised when making our offer but Lisa and Charlotte (the lettings manager) were very forgiving.
    They also have a great system where you can sign online, which saved us a huge amount of time and fuss.
    They were easy to contact and quickly answered all of our silly questions.

They were very pragmatic and didn't seem driven by process: I never once felt like I was a number.
    With my next move I will contact them personally to see if I can use them again.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Charlotte Oborne, Lindsay McSporran
    £1455
    Charlotte OborneLindsay McSporran

I let my flat through Edmund Cude and found their service to be excellent. They were incredibly thorough in screening potential tenants and tireless in their efforts to secure viewings. Both Lindsay and Charlotte were incredibly helpful in advising and assisting me both with the check-out of my previous tenant and with inexpensive but necessary repairs to improve the presentation of the flat. An invaluable service to me as I live in Australia and was not able to see the property for myself.

I mainly dealt with Charlotte Oborne and found her to be friendly, professional and incredibly dedicated. I was especially impressed by how she so expertly navigated the tricky 11 hour time difference and was prepared to work over her bank holiday weekend to secure my current tenants.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

TJ Juttla

Edmund Cude and particularly TJ, were really helpful in assisting us to secure a flat to rent. They were able to find us a number of potentially suitable places - and ultimately a perfect one, by asking us lots of questions about exactly what we want (and so didn't waste our time viewing unsuitable flats either). TJ's enthusiasm is matched by the efficiency of the branch in getting the flat contract and everything turned around very quickly. Would really recommend them...

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

No staff selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

This was by far the best property agents I have dealt with since moving to London 4 years ago. Our agent was very informative, helpful and flexible throughout the process. She worked on our behalf to address any concerns we had and happily approached the landlord with our questions. The entire process was extremely pain free and efficient, with time from expressing an interest of moving in to signing our contract all done within a week. I would definitely look to rent properties through this agency again.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

NW2
    TJ Juttla

To be straightforward, we had a very good experience with Edmund Cude. TJ was very helpful in finding a flat that fit our needs. We are from Canada, and flat hunting here was new to us, but TJ made it a very positive experience by leading us through one step at a time. The team at West Hampstead was always available if we had any questions. We love our flat, and are very thankful that we had the help that we needed.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Luke Parle, Peter Bale
    SW11
    £1350000
    Luke ParlePeter Bale
    Luke ParlePeter Bale

Luke was exceptionally good with communications - email & phone. He responded promptly and always did what he said he would do. We always knew what the position was with the sale. We would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Jake Fahey, Luke Parle
    £270000
    Jake FaheyLuke Parle
    Jake FaheyLuke Parle

Luke and Jake from Portico Clapham providing an excellent service during the purchase of an investment property. Very responsive, timely and helpful at all stages of the process. Thanks guys.

8. 1

Sales (Prospective customer)
    w3
    Daniel Cantle

I originally met Daniel when looking for a property in Acton. He took me to view a few places and was extremely informative, knowledgeable and open about the local property market. However, after a lot of consideration I decided that the property was not right for me and have since exchanged on a property at a different Estate Agents.

I am writing this recommendation because even after I told Daniel that I was probably going to buy another place, he was always available to give impartial advice about the property I was buying, despite having no incentive to do this.

Throughout the whole process he was extremely helpful, made things easy to understand and definitely knew what he was talking about. He even met my parents who thought he was great as well!

Would definitely recommend Daniel as being a trustworthy Agent who will help you find what you want at a good price!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Lucy Adamson
    WC1N
    £560000
    Lucy Adamson

I'm very happy with the service provided by Edmund Cude and in particular, Lucy Adamson. Unlike other agents, she will try to understand what your requirements are and only recommend those properties that fit your criteria. In addition, Edmund Cude does not share the customer's base with other branches so you will not get a cold call from other branches of Edmund Cude asking if you are interested to consider buying in their areas..

However, I'm most impressed with the agent's ethical standard. It's very often, especially in Central London, that many buyers are after one property and as a result, all prospective buyers need to make a sealed bid. They are very professional and transparent, you are being informed the whole process. I have personally experienced in the past with other estate agents who keep telling you different stories and want you to increase your offer.. This is definitely not the case here.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong-Diffa, Nathan Read
    SW2
    £1400
    Angelica Wong-DiffaNathan Read

Very professional in all aspects. Called back / contacted when they said they would. Kept me fully informed of progress. Offered assistance to arrange repairs and replacement of white goods. Would strongly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong-Diffa
    £1400
    Angelica Wong-Diffa

Angelica was very helpful in terms of advising what would make my property more appealing. She was patient and supportive while the renovations were being done and then speedy in finding appropriate tenants and efficient with the paperwork. Overall, very impressed.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

£370000
    Luke Parleno photo
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Luke Parle was my main contact and he was always helpful and polite and kept me upto date on events.
    Peter and Jake were also very helpful and when brining prospective buyers considerate of my expectations.
    They always informed me if a prospective buy did not turn up.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

£378000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Dealt with Luke and Jake who were both great at helping out with any questions we had and made the process as smooth as possible. Any question we had was answered promptly and as first time buyers this helped so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£1455
    Holly

The move to the new place was very smooth. We have got a great deal of assistance from Holly with all paperwork sent to us on time with proper explanation of what have to be done and by when. We were contacted by Portico (Edmund Cude) a few times whenever a suitable property was available on the market and we were shown a few until we found a current place. Holly is very friendly and approachable and I would not hesitate to recommend her when looking for your new house.

15. 1

£620000
    Luke Parle

This agent is accurate with their valuations. Realistic and truthful with all aspects of this sale. Both friendly and efficient . I highly recommend Luke Parle. Probably the best agent I've worked with.

Comments on the Agents fees

“BEST AGENT I'VE DEALT WITH SERVICE AND FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 4 -star review by ''

£16000000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Had a very easy home purchase which I was not expecting knowing that you can have a difficult time purchasing a home. Jake who met me at the property was always punctual and polite and swift to reply to any emails, Luke who oversaw the whole purchase and dealt with the vendor was again very helpful, on the ball and swift to respond by email or telephone. He smoothed over the one small glitch efficiently and was helpful.
    Both Luke and Jake always asked if there was anything else they could do and I felt they were very engaged in the whole process.

So now we are the owners of our first home thanks Luke and Jake and I am very grateful

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

sw23
    £955
    Ivette Szucs

From the moment we met Ivett Karman on a flat viewing she was looking after us in true professional manner. On the day of our viewing she arrived with nice brochure containing all information about the property. I found this very useful and during my flat hunt she was the only agent who provided this kind of information to us on the scene. It was a great first impression and my experience hasn't changed up until today where I am now writing this review sitting on the couch in our living room at our new place.
    Getting the rental agreement in place has been challenging due to some personal... (read more)

18. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Stuart Balfre, Daniel Cantle
    £336000
    Stuart BalfreDaniel Cantle
    Stuart BalfreDaniel Cantle

Both Stuart and Daniel demonstrated great positivity and passion for the sale of my property. The service I received was not only slick and professional but personable and friendly throughout. Stuart used a wide range of resources to get the quantity and quality of potential buyers interested, as well as liaising with other Bushells offices to increase the flow of potential purchasers. I was kept up to date with progress on a regular basis, great feedback was provided after every viewing and Stuart offered sound advice when crucial decisions were required. This approach combined with the hard work and constant support made the whole process a lot less stressful than it notoriously tends to be.

19. 11
    people found this

A 1 -star review by ''

Caspar Courage
    SW1
    £1200
    Caspar Courage

In this review I mainly want to report about how Edmund Cude is handling maintenance issues or even not handling them.
    During my tenancy, which I ended after 10 month using my break clause, I had several maintenance issues. It usually took several notifications from my side to even draw attention and even then I only was told the issues will be reported to maintenance and I rarely received feedback from them.
    All in all one can get good service until signing the tenancy agreement but then has to be prepared for a lot of extra work in case of upcoming maintenance issues. From my reported... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHATEVER THEY CHARGE FOR MAINTENANCE IS FAR TOO MUCH FOR THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE TO TENANTS.”

What could Portico do to change your mind??

“Proper feedback and adequate response time are basic for good maintenance, especially when it is about the heating system during the winter period. Here and in other maintenance issues the agency failed.”

20. View All Comments (1)by Emma  16/04/2015

Hello Max, I'm really sorry to hear you were disappointed with Edmund Cude's service. We usually pride ourselves on being communicative and resolving maintenance issues quickly, but it seems this has not been the case with your property on Northcote Road. I will do my best to find out why your issues were not dealt with sufficiently. I've forwarded your feedback on to the property management team to see if there's anything they can do. Once again we're so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Kind Regards, Emma
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong
    sw16
    £250000
    Angelica Wong

I would like to highly recommend the services of Bushell's and in particular Angelica Wong.

Angelica is by and far the best letting agent I have dealt with in the last 12 years of renting out my flat in London. I reside in Australia and need the support and confidence in the letting team to make the right calls and to help with all the day to day running of the property. Great service and superb interactions with all of the Bushell's team. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

SW2
    £500000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Both Jake Fahey and Luke Parle were outstanding agents. They always made time to organise viewings even if these were incredibly last minute. They were always friendly and helpful, even post sale. Thanks so much guys- I am very happy in my new nome ;)

23. 1

£450000
    Stuart Balfre

After a very bad experience with RSK for a month I changed to Bushells. Stuart conducted the valuation which proved a lot more realistic and held my hand throughout the negotions with two prospective buyers. Within six weeks I had sold. After finding the buyers Stuart was available to answer all my questions and ready with advice and helped guide me through to exchange and completion.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Michael Hookway
    WC1
    £600000
    Michael Hookway

Edmund Cude was helpful and reliable in my sale. Mike Hookway was proactive and quick to respond to my queries and worked hard to push the sale along. He was always quick and efficient in dealing with any matters that caused me concern or threatened to delay the process and I am happy to recommend the agency to other prospective sellers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 4 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong-Diffa, Nathan Read
    Angelica Wong-DiffaNathan Read

Amanda Wong Diffa was my first introduction to Bushells' letting service. She was helpful and informative. She also quickly and effectively organised the advertising and successful letting of the property. Her staff have been equally efficient. During the period of letting Nathan has been a very effective intermediary and organiser. If we were not selling the property we would be more than happy to continue to use Bushels and have no hesitation in recommending them to other landlords.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

SW8
    £1521
    Holly

Edmund Cude and their agent Holly Pollock were helpful, professional and thorough during the letting process.

Holly found the perfect flat to match our needs. She was always available to answer any question and explained the process clearly. The legal staff were also quick and efficient.

If you are looking to rent in the Clapham or Battersea area I would highly recommend using this office and Holly.

27. 1

Stuart Balfre

I was really pleased with all the team at Bushells and Stuart Balfre in particular who was overall in charge of the sale of my flat. I used Bushells because they had always found tenants for the flat while I owned it as a rental property and I had been impressed with their efficiency. When it came to selling the property Bushells handled everything extremely well, giving good advice, keeping me up to date with all the viewings, giving me feed back from all the prospective buyers and then when the flat was under offer they handled the whole exchange and completion process with my solicitor and the buyer's solicitor very professionally. I was very impressed by Stuart's friendly, polite and professional manner at all times. I really felt the team earned their fee!

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS I HAD USED BUSHELLS TO GET ME TENANTS FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS THEY CHARGED ME A REDUCED FEE WHEN I ASKED THEM TO SELL THE FLAT; THIS SEEMED VERY REASONABLE TO ME.”

28. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    3 Parkway (Camden Town) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Alexander Evagora
    N6
    £850
    Alexander Evagora

This agent is the best I have ever dealt with. Alex is friendly and efficient, yes, but above all he is honest and forthright. This is what I appreciated most. He communicated with me like a human being, and I felt as if he had both mine, and the landlord's best interests at heart, almost like a matchmaker if that makes any sense.

Alex is the sort of person from whom I hope to buy my first home.

Awesome!

“REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Parkway (Camden Town) (London) (Greater London)
    Alexander Evagora, Stephanie Powell
    £1000
    Alexander EvagoraStephanie Powell

Both Alexander and Stephanie were fantastic through the letting process. From showing us the property to communicating and dealing with any questions, concerns or issues. We would highly recommend finding your ideal rental property through Edmund Cude in the future and would recommend to friends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGENT WAS TRANSPARENT AND CLEAR WITH ALL FEES AND NEGOTIATION OPTIONS. HIGHLY RECOMMEND BASED ON THIS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 3 -star review by ''

Ivette Szucs, Aleksandra Galla
    SW9
    £1250
    Ivette Szucsno photo
    Ivette SzucsAleksandra Galla

The process in my opinion is convoluted and over complicated.

I will admit straight away that my working situation was a bit difficult as I was moving jobs at the time of the flat search and this made getting references take longer than both parties would have liked.

The initial payment system failed twice before I managed to get it to go through for the deposit. On further inspection this was due to the phone number being wrongly captured from the form we filled in. It had one number too few and 1 incorrect digit.

After finally paying the fees, which are much higher than most other... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“RATHER EXPENSIVE WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM.”

What could Portico do to change your mind??

“Rather expensive when you consider the lack of professionalism.”

31. View All Comments (2)by High Expectations  24/03/2015

This website has change what I wrote for, "What could Bushells do to change your mind?" I actually said, Clear up their convoluted process. Be more clear and professional in their comms. Not send my personal details to strangers without my permission.
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Robyn
    No postcode selected.
    Robyn

Julian and I would like to thank Robyn for her professional and helpful attitude throughout this transaction.Her mannerism and conduct was exemplary.

33. 1

Daniel Cantle, Stuart Balfre
    W3 8
    £360000
    Daniel CantleStuart Balfre
    Daniel CantleStuart Balfre

Daniel and Stuart were absolutely brilliant! They were so good at staying in touch and keeping me informed of all options and developments. I was so grateful that they were so patient with me and offered really good advice; in every way they seemed genuine and interested and I hugely appreciated the amount of time they spent explaining things and took efforts to make sure I was happy and understood the process. I couldn't recommend them highly enough; huge thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    94 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    SE22
    Jamal Joseph

Having tried to view a property with this agent, he has twice cancelled at short notice, without even bothering to ring to notify me. Terribly poor service from Bushells.

What could Portico do to change your mind??

“Not cancelled bookings at short notice by email.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 4 -star review by ''

SW9
    Luke Parle

Friendly staff and not aggressive like some other Estate Agents (I will not mention their name(s). I Would definitely use Bushells again, to sell, buy or let a property. Overall a very positive experience from start to finish.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I UNDERSTAND THAT THE FEES ARE STANDARD AND COMPETITIVELY SPEAKING, WAS CHEAPER THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS IN SOUTH LONDON. HOWEVER WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF ONLINE ESTATE AGENTS, MAYBE HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENTS CAN REDUCE THEIR FEES, OR OFFER NEGOTIATION ON FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

SW11
    £1477
    Holly

Edmund Cude have been extremely helpful throughout the entire letting process. It was quick and easy to arrange a viewing and contracts were sorted promptly.

Holly our agent was a wonderful help, arranging extra viewings once we had sorted our contract to ease our moving process.

Very excited to move in and would certainly recommend Edmund Cude to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  37. A 1 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    No staff selected.
    £1300
    Would you use the agent again? No

Keep away from these people. They are fast in taking deposits but they cant process your references. They don't know how to deal with self employed people. They take deposits from you and find reasons to refuse your references!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIEFS... TOOK THE DEPOSIT AND ARE MAKNG EXCUSE IN GIVING REFUND!!!”