Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation

Peter David Properties Ltd

Agent rating: 2.7 out of 5.0 based on 21 ratings. This website contains 21 user reviews of Peter David Properties Ltd.

• Peter David Properties Ltd has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Peter David Properties Ltd, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

• 9 recommend
  • 12 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Peter David Properties Ltd is currently unavailable.

Page last updated on: 17-Apr-2015 20:37:29

Customer Reviews

1. 2

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    102 Commercial Street (Brighouse) (West Yorkshire)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    hx5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

******* Excellent****** first class******** The young girls who work in this office are very polite and helpful, they helped me sell my house quick and efficiently. I could not say a bad word against them and would definitely recommend Peter Davids to everyone I know. Had great feedback from potential buyers and the girls always contacted me following all viewings. First class girls many thanks Doris

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    102 Commercial Street (Brighouse) (West Yorkshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    hd6
    Rent PCM
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I went into peter Davids asking if they had any short term rentals,and was advised there was a 3 bed detached just come on, they urged us to view it so we did . we also told them we were pushed for time as we only had about a week before we had to move out of our house. Anyway we viewed the house and went down and payed our application fee's, the lady that showed us round said we would be able to move in the week after. So one and half weeks later my husband decided to ring to find out whats going on ,only to be told it's going to be another 2 weeks because the landlord wanted to decorate.... (read more)

What could Peter David Properties Ltd do to change your mind??

“The agent should have kept us informed and told us that we would not be able to move in so soon . They could have given our application fee back as it wasn\'t our fault .”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

hx6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I've rented a property for nearly 6 years with only a few small issues. The issues i had were always dealt with quickly and found the staff always friendly and very helpful.
    Very happy with the overall service provided.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

hx6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I've rented a property for nearly 6 yrs with just a few minor issues. On each occasion i found the staff to be friendly and very helpful.
    Overall they provided a great service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Sherrie Mellor, Vicky Gabbitas
    bd14
    no photo no photo
    Sherrie MellorVicky Gabbitas

I have been a customer of peter davids for many years,i have always found all the staff and Noel very helpful and courteous when anything has arisen, Repairs,maintenance and questions solved and answered without fuss ! i would use them again without a thought ,cant understand other comments on this site can only think some people expect miracles !!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

BD12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I had all positive experiences with this agency, from the initial viewing to the day I turned the keys in. I was there 8 years, and although I had a few minor problems, they were quickly attended to. The staff and the landlord were pleasant and friendly over the phone or in person. I would be happy to use their services if I were to return to the area.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Vendor)
    HX7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I should thank you for your endeavours in pursuing the sale of my house at Hebden Bridge. It was always clear that Peter David Properties were the best choice of agent for the sale of my house. Instructing you to completion of the sale in just over 4 months is probably rather good going. On the basis of my experience I am sure that Peter David Properties will do well in Hebden Bridge. So many thanks to you for a job well done

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 1 -star review by ''

bd12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

These agents are lying, cheatin, money grabbing and only looking out for the interests of the landlords. They will take money from your bond for anything and everything and unless you can prove it wasn't you they will always side with the land lord... use them at your own perril.

9. View All Comments (1)by Noel Wood  24/09/2013

All deposits taken by Peter David are protected under the Deposit Protection Service. This is to protect your deposit and protect you against unsubstantiated deductions from the deposit. Any dispute is resolved by their independent arbitration service who will consider all the evidence presented. The onus is on the landlord/agent to prove any damages. Your post is unsubstantiated and unless you identify yourself we are unable to assist you in this matter.
  10. 2

A 5 -star review by ''

Hx5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Peter David properties for a number of years and only found out about this website from another agent who was after my business when my past tenant vacated. I read all the comments and was quite shocked, I have always found the lettings team to be polite, friendly and helpful, I am not the only one to think this as the feedback on their website is fantastic.
    Can not fault them at all and would never dream of taking my house from them

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

hx2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I purchased a property using Peter David Properties and found them to be very competent and thorough, the whole process was a lot easier and quicker than I initially expected. After receiving great customer service from the sales staff I decided to place the property for let and I was contacted by the lettings team. I was not disappointed, the property was placed on the lettings market very quickly with good photos, I was given the feedback after the viewings and received a call regarding an application. After reviewing the references and being offered rent insurance we accepted the tenant, the moving in process was quick and hassle free. I cannot fault either side and look forward to dealing with them again when I purchase my next property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

Vicky Gabbitas, Sherrie Mellor
    HX3
    no photo no photo
    Vicky GabbitasSherrie Mellor

I can't even begin to describe quite how bad Peter David Properties are when it comes to customer service. The best way to describe it would be the words "tin pot", they're unprofessional in their dealings. You'll ring and they'll e-mail you instead of calling you. They don't do proper checks on their tenants and will let anyone move in. If the tenant doesn't pay, they don't seem to be too bothered about making an effort. Sherrie was very good at fobbing you off and as for Vicky, I don't think she new what day of the week it was, let alone what she was meant to do job wise. I'm absolutely disgusted by the way they have treated me. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

What could Peter David Properties Ltd do to change your mind??

“Perhaps send everyone on a customer service course and improve their internal processes and systems.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 1 -star review by ''

HX1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Joke of an estate agent full stop, dont use these guys ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirty apartments, never tell you whats broken or damaged in the apartment

“better attitude”

15. 1
    person found this

Noel
    no photo
    Noel

Well what an ordeal i have had too. The staff who work there have an awful attitude towards me. I thought initially they had a problem with me, but having spoken to others and having read this site, the problem is most certainly widespread. I have found the female staff to be cocky, rude, terrible attitude and i have reported this to Noel. Whilst Noel said he hadn't heard of any other complaints, i am going to direct him to this web site and then he can see for himself exactly what others are saying.

Sorry Noel, i could never recommend your organisation to anyone, not having gone through the ordeals i have - and today has just put the icing on the cake. Not happy at all with the levels of service provided. Terrible.

16. View All Comments (2)by bob  26/10/2012

shocking, house we moved into an absolute disgrace. They promised it would be cleaned and offered us money to clean it ourselves! thought we was the customer?
  17. 1
    person found this

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Reading all the other reviews on here regarding Peter David I am totally in agreement. I was unlucky enough to have to deal with this company recently when purchasing a house in Halifax. The recurring complaint against this firm is that they dont answer the phone and dont reply to voicemails left, extremely frustrating. The sales staff seem to have attitude and rightly or wrongly give the impression they are not exactly enthralled with their present occupation. I would not recommend using this company for selling a house or as a letting agent. They may be cheap but remember the saying " if you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

18. 2

Upload a reviwer profile image

terrible sevice, no advertising in shop window, no viewings in 11 weeks, no contact from them only if we ring them had to pay up front for advertising our property but it is obvious that that is not happening, we would like if possible to have our money back so we can go to someone who is interested in selling our property, and not just to take money of you under false promises, we asked to speak to the manager and we have not had any contact from him either, so a very unhappy customer.

19. 2

Upload a reviwer profile image

we signed up with peter david and paid £118 agents fee .Then we decided not to sell and phoned them within 14 days .The agent said the 14 days he mentioned was for the board and if we wanted to get out of contract which he took all paper work with him we would have to pay £250 .if not they would continue to market our propery even though we are not selling .We remember the contract was for twenty weeks so we will have to wait and see.If you sign with this agent make sure you keep a copy of the contract .We have asked for copies but as with other reviewers they do not get back to you

What could Peter David Properties Ltd do to change your mind??

“cancelled contract we did cancel after about 10 days and not advertised property”

20. 3

Upload a reviwer profile image

Shocking service. Can't be bothered to pick up the phone or call you back when they say. Had 2 viewers in 28 weeks, 1 of which I found myself and the other they sent just for the sake of it just so it looked like they were doing their job! I've had to chase up feedback myself. Just wondered what you actually pay them for?!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Upload a reviwer profile image

Exceptional service. We have a number of let properties in the UK and they are far better than others we have experienced. Friendly, courteous and very efficient. Highly recommend. They keep us informed and nothing is too much trouble.

22. View All Comments (1)by Jim F.  15/01/2011

I agree. We use this agent and they really are very good. Don't understand other comments. Suppose everyone has a bad experience at some time but our experience has been good.
  23. 4

Upload a reviwer profile image

I let out my property using this agent, and received absolutely no service whatsoever. This company are only interested in taking their fee. Numerous calls from the tenants were ignored, including that the boiler was broken. There was a burglary in which the back door was kicked down. I paid for it to be replaced, but this apparently took months. I was charged for rendering work that had not been carried out. When I moved to a different agent, Peter David sent me a list of problems that the tenants had supposedly called about that week, which I found out had been outstanding for months. I thought this was a reputable company I could trust, and I would be safe to leave my property in their hands for the

24. View All Comments (2)by freddy  14/01/2011

Completely agree. They been trying to sell my property for months now. I'm finding buyers myself and chasing up the feedback (all the things you pay them for). They either never answer the phone or never call you back. I got a friend to ring to arrange a viewing to see how they handled things, they never called to say I had a viewer! Don't use.
  25. 3

Upload a reviwer profile image

Useless letting agent. Doesn't do anything when there is a problem unless you keep phoning and e-mailing.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. How much is my property worth?

27. 5

Upload a reviwer profile image

Peter David Properties were just unfriendly, unhelpful and very forceful.

28. View All Comments (2)by beeps  06/05/2011

I agree. I've been trying to view a house and can't get anyone to arrange this. Shocking service.