Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Park & Bailey

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 106 ratings. This website contains 106 user reviews of Park & Bailey.

Filter Reviews

• 95 recommend
  • 11 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

With over 50 years service behind us we have experienced many changes in the way we undertake property sales. One aim that has remained constant is a level of service we can be proud of. Whatever your property requirements may be, we would welcome your call.

Park & Bailey has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Park & Bailey, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

Page last updated on: 18-Dec-2014 17:55:22

1. A 5-star review by 'The Doors' 17/12/2014

£585000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Our experience in selling our house with Park & Bailey has been very positive from beginning to end. The initial valuation and advice was arranged quickly following our request and we received helpful advice regarding what we should do, and not do, prior to marketing the house. Once we had asked Park & Bailey to market the house as sole agents they were very good at keeping us totally updated by phone and by email. When we were not able to be at the house one day at a weekend they manned multiple viewings which was very helpful. We were able to complete a chain quite quickly and the Progression Department were excellent in fine tuning the final negotiations and liaising with all parties up and down the chain leading up to exchange of contracts. Selling a house is of course stressful, but dealing with Park & Bailey has helped us by making the process as 'pain free' as possible.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS EXPECTING TO NEGOTIATE TO A LEVEL OF FEES WHICH I THOUGHT WAS FAIR, BUT I WAS VERY HAPPY TO BE OFFERED A PERCENTAGE IN THE FIRST INSTANCE WHICH I DEEMED TO BE VERY FAIR.”

2. A 5-star review by 'James' 17/12/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I once had the unfortunate experience of having a bad tenant. Though I didn’t pay commission, the cost in both money and time far exceeded anything I would have paid to a professional agent. Since then I have used Park and Bailey and have really appreciated their professionalism in choosing good tenants for my property. I’ve also found Park and Bailey are able to create a happy balance between dealing with both landlord and tenant, and reaching compromises for them both. A happy tenant makes for a happy landlord.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FINE/FAIR. HAPPY WITH THE FEES I PAY.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Stuart Mera' 15/12/2014

Liz O\\\'Reilly, Jayne Brewer
    CR8
    Rent PCM
    £1550

Liz O\'ReillyJayne Brewer

As a landlord I have rented out the above property using the Caterham Office of Park and Bailey for over seven years. Estate agents over the years have come in for a lot of stick, some of it has been wholly justified. So it is very pleasing for me to be able to sing the praises of this estate agent and in particular the staff at 25 Station Road Caterham. I have mainly dealt with Jayne who organises the tenancies and a special mention must go to Liz who has dealt magnificently with all the queries over the years (not many it has to be said). There is nothing worse than having to chase people who do not get back to you - well, the opposite could not be more apt with Park & Bailey. Liz always responds immediatley to any requests/queries that I might have. When she does finally leave Park & Bailey there will be very big shoes to fill indeed. I have visited the offices on three of four ocassions and have always been greeted by friendly/ professional staff. I cannot praise the set up at this office highly enough.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PERFECTLY REASONABLE MANAGEMENT CHARGES. REGULAR INSPECTIONS AND I AM KEPT UP TO DATE WITH ANY ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE”

4. A 5-star review by 'Lorraine' 1/12/2014

Josh , Jayne Breyer
    Rent PCM
    £900

Josh Jayne Breyer

I have utilised the services of Park & Bailey, 25 Station Street Caterham both as a purchaser and as a Landlord for many years and I cannot thank the team of Josh, Jayne and Liz enough. What an extraordinary team who always go out of their way to assist, guide and above all provide and outstanding service. Their speed of response to issues, professionalism and service is none other than excellent. A big thank you.

5. A 5-star review by 'Merlin Skinner' 9/11/2014

£200000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All of the staff I dealt with at Park & Bailey were extremely helpful and professional. The purchase was protracted and complicated for a number of reasons beyond Park & Bailey's control, but they were very helpful at every stage. Thanks to Ann Hinton's tireless efforts the problems were eventually resolved and the sale completed.

6. A 5-star review by 'Stephen Arnott' 25/10/2014

Liam
    RH1
    £241000

Liam

I cannot say how impressed I have been with everyone at Park & Bailey.

I purchased my flat from them, I then rented it using them and finally sold it through them too.

Professional, approachable, efficient and above all friendly and approachable.

Every single member of the team was a pleasure to work with. As I now move onto buy a new property I see that the standard at Park and Bailey is incredibly high and I cannot fault them.

I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area for sales, lettings or purchase.

They set the bar very high and other pale in comparison.

Keep up the good work guys.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OUTSTANDING AGAIN. AS A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER I WAS GIVEN A REDUCED FEE AND THEY WERE QUICK TO MARKET AND ARRANGE VIEWINGS. MY PROPERTY WAS ON THE MARKET FOR LESS THAN 48 HOURS.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Housesold' 24/9/2014

No postcode selected.

Ginette Bronsden

Excellent service over a VERY drawn out sale due to people at the end of the chain not doing what was required. Go estate Ginette Bronsden was outstanding in never giving up the chase with the chain. She persevered over 6 months.. We are totally grateful to her for the immense amount if work she endured on our behalf. Very well done and much appreciated Ginette.

8. A 5-star review by 'Stuart Earl' 30/8/2014

Jo Whiting
    £174000

Jo Whiting

I asked Park & Bailey to try and locate a property in the area that required refurbishment and when one came up that suited my requirements they contacted me straight away. I found them to be extremely professional & friendly right through from the first viewing and price negotiations with Jo to the dealings with solicitors and the vendor to the exchange/ completion, all handled by Sue. I would have no hesitation in recommending them as an agent and, as such, have today instructed them on the sale of one of my other properties.

9. A 2-star review by 'letdown' 29/8/2014

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    cr3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having been renting privately for at least 7 years I can honestly say that I haven't had a worst experience. Reading through previous reviews it has been mentioned that the level of professionalism is little to be desired and I quite agree.
    Whilst they are more then accommodating during your sign up, once money is handed over its all down hill from there. Im not a sensitive person but I am upset enough by the service I have received to want to write a review. Again as previously mentioned by another reviewer, I too felt judged and belittled and going by the unpleasant responses to others reviews here, I feel quite justified in my opinion. Its very 'tit for tat' and rather then taking people's reviews on board and learning from lessons it appears they would rather hit back which seems spiteful to me.
    I didn't feel valued or cared for as a person or a user of their service and I am quite relieved to not have to deal with them.

Clearly the customer isn't always right in the view of Park and Bailey.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGAIN, HAVING RENTED PRIVATELY FOR SOME TIME, THE FEES SEEM TO BE EXCESSIVE. I HAVEN\'T SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE IT!”

What could Park & Bailey do to change your mind??

“There needs to be a better standard of \'Good Practice\' I don\'t believe this Agency value their Clients in their Lettings department and this, I feel, should be looked at and considered. I have never been made to feel like the way the Staff here have made me feel.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (3)by p and b lettings  02/10/2014

It is always disappointing to receive negative feedback, and of course difficult to respond without knowing who you are and the sequence of events you have been through. It would appear you had a positive experience in securing the property, going through the referencing process and signing contracts. Payment is not taken until the day before you move in and the procedure there is simply to collect keys and collect the documentation pack so I am not sure what could have gone wrong from then. It would appear from the context of your post that you moved into one of our properties yet you then... (read more)
  11. A 5-star review by 'Chris G' 22/7/2014

Kay Jenkins
    T2N
    £670000

Kay Jenkins

We used Park & Bailey to sell a property in Caterham, primarily communicating with Kay Jenkins. For the entire duration of the sale, we were overseas, so relied heavily on them. They really were superb, going the extra mile whenever we needed help. During the sale process, a few 'issues' were raised by the prospective buyer that needed to be addressed. Park & Bailey helped to appoint contractors, provide access, ensure that the jobs were completed and kept us up to date throughout the entire process. A number of times, when we needed help to obtain model numbers etc., from the alarm... (read more)

1. A 5-star review by 'Peter' 10/7/2014

Jo Whiting, Ann Hinton
    CR36
    £569500

Jo WhitingAnn Hinton

Excellent experience of selling my house at a sensible commission rate. From the moment Liam came to the house he demonstrated the professionalism matched with a friendly approach that characterised all my dealings with Park & Bailey. A buyer was found very quickly who made an offer in under a week. I also dealt with Jo and Ann who were equally professional and friendly. I would recommend them to anybody selling a house.

“COMPETITIVE”

2. A 5-star review by 'Ben Morrison' 7/7/2014

£310000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The whole process of dealing with Park and Bailey was very straight forward, professional and they were always very informative with how the purchase was progressing.

3. A 5-star review by 'Annalisa' 15/5/2014

Branch:
    235 Three Bridges Road Three Bridges (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    Kevin , Ginette Bronsden
    RH10

Kevin Ginette Bronsden

I had previous great experience with the Branch Director, Kevin which is why I chose to go back to Park & Bailey. My house was sold within 5 days for the full asking price. There was not even time to do internal photos, so I was very pleased with the speed. The after care from Ginette Bronsden (Area Post Sales Manager) in Caterham has been second to none. Her professionalism and tenacity supported me through this sale more than anything throughout.

Many thanks Kevin, Toby and Ginette I thoroughly recommend you.

4. A 5-star review by 'P Timlin's PA - Paula' 23/4/2014

Ginette Bronsden

Great service from start to the end of process. Ginette went the extra mile on more than one occasion, making the process of buying the property as seamless as possible. Would recommend and use Park & Bailey again on the back of this experience.

5. A 5-star review by 'Happy sale & purchase' 16/4/2014

Sheila , Ginette Bronsden
    cr8

Sheila Ginette Bronsden

I started out using another agent, lured in by false price promises despite using Park & Bailey before and getting an excellent service. How wrong I was to even have tried another agent, the service I got from Hadley, Sheila and the team was second to none. Its so rare to find estate agents who are trustworthy and honest and cannot believe I even contemplated using someone else. They handled my sale and purchase with absolute professionalism. And then I come on to Ginette at the sales progression team, what an absolute star, I have no idea how she does it. She filters out the rubbish information and keeps on top of the whole chain, leaving my part relatively stress free. I would not hesitate in recommending Park & Bailey to anyone, and can only apologise for starting out with another agent. Thanks again.

6. A 5-star review by 'U Weerasekara' 16/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I tried to rent my property via a local agent in Caterham and the agency held on for two months with minimal progress, although most of rental agencies agreed that the property was easily reatable. I then gave the property over to Park and Bailey and within a week they were able to get the property rented. I found that the service I received from Park and Bailey was very professional and I would gladly use them in the future.

7. A 5-star review by 'U Weerasekara' 16/4/2014

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Steven May' 10/4/2014

Jackie

Jackie

I Bought my flat through Park and Bailey and was so impressed by the professional and courteous way I was dealt with that when I came to let it I only considered using Park and Bailey lettings. I was not disappointed. Jackie gave me sound advice during the refurbishment of the property and let the flat immediately for a good rent. Owning several properties in various parts of the country I have used a few letting agents. I wish they were all as excellent as Park and Bailey.

9. A 5-star review by 'Alex F' 6/4/2014

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    CR0
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From the offset I found the staff at Park and Bailey especially friendly and helpful. I was put in an awkward position, during the referencing stage of renting a property through Park and Bailey, by my previous co-tenants and landlord. Josh and Jackie we're so helpful and kind in their delivery of the news that they'd come to some issues with the progress of my tenancy. Over the course of around a week and daily liaising, we finally came to a solution. This solution was around the fifth they had suggested, and relentlessly tried to find ways to help me. The letting agents made me feel as though I were their only client, and went to the ends of the earth to help me and my partner get the flat we had hoped for. I really can't say enough to their testament. I was very happy that I was able to rent through Park and Bailey as rarely have I felt a company were more worthy of my money.

10. A 5-star review by 'Carole Wardle' 13/3/2014

Liam Feeney, Ann Hinton
    CR 3

Liam FeeneyAnn Hinton

The service throughout selling my daughter's house through this company was excellent. From Liam coming round to value the property and take down the details of the property to Jo taking us on viewings . The communication throughout was very good.
    However the service I was most impressed with was the progression section. An excellent way to have someone know what was happening within the chain. Much better not to keep disturbing the Agents in the office who are obviously busy selling property.
    Ann and Ginette were brilliant in a very difficult situation with our chain. They kept me... (read more)

1. 2
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Kryssie' 21/2/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Jackie , Josh

Jackie Josh

After my experience with Park and Bailey (Lettings) I felt it was relevant to leave a review as other people should know how unprofessional these people are! I have never experienced anything like it! Jackie who is the Lettings manager is the rudest most disrespectful person I've ever met.. She has no consideration what so ever when it comes to potential clients, jackie does not take any seriousness in what she is doing and how important it is for people like myself to find somewhere to live. It's either her way or the high way. After being told The branch were not willing to help me with... (read more)

What could Park & Bailey do to change your mind??

“Concider changing your staff .. They are unprofessional and give your Lettings department a bad name!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (1)by p and b lettings  27/03/2014

It is always disappointing to receive negative feedback. We did indeed receive an official complaint and I note that having responded promptly to you that you chose not to enter into any further correspondence. You do not make it clear in this post what your complaint is actually based on nor why we were unable to help. We have a strict criteria here at Park & Bailey, a reason why many Landlords chose to entrust us with the management of their property assets. When you suggest ‘everyone is lying through their teeth’ I can only assume you actually mean that as you did not get what you wanted you are both frustrated and furious and want everyone to know it. As an Estate Agent I would expect you to have a better understanding of the industry than perhaps you appear to have. We wish you well in your search for a home.
  3. A 5-star review by 'CAROLINE JACONELLI' 18/2/2014

CR8

Ginette Bronsden

We are very delighted with the professional team at park and bailey in helping to sell our property as well as purchasing our new property which we hope to move into very shortly. We found ginette bronsdon highly professional and very helpful and motivated and was always communicating with us on a very regular basis to inform us of the status of the sale of our property as well as the purchase of our property which as you can appreciate can be a most stressful time. We would highly recommend your company to friends and family. Ginette was instrumental in communicating with us as well as chasing up the other agent on any issues and concerns arising and was very quick to respond to obtain the answers to our questions. We had weekly updates and Ginette would contact us prior to our weekly updates if need be. Very professional person and always willing to help and nothing was to much for her or the team.

4. A 5-star review by 'Damian Kelly' 4/2/2014

Ann
    cr3

Ann

I got off to a slow start as house was marketed in the summer but once my buyer was found what impressed me most was the way Ann of the progressions team handled everything. She was on top of the sale and is a credit to Park & Bailey. Thank you Ann for making this a stress free transaction

5. A 4-star review by 'Sue' 20/1/2014

Liam Feeney

Liam gave us useful advice on the initial visit to the property. I appreciated your quick response to my emails and Ann was always helpful in liaising between solicitors and myself.

6. A 1-star review by 'Anon' 18/12/2013

Ginette Bronsden

I had the misfortune to sell my property through Park & Bailey some years ago. We agreed a marketing price, signed the contract, which they then changed and undervalued it, which we complained about bitterly. We even tried to get out of the contract and was told it was binding. So having argued for our original agreed marketing price, it sold within 5 days! So we weren't wrong. However, that was only the start of the issues. We then lost this sale as they said there was another interested party, the first party wanted a quick move so we should tell them we've increased the price and... (read more)

What could Park & Bailey do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest and less abusive!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  7. View All Comments (2)by p and b sales  14/04/2014

we are very disappointed at this anonymous quote as we have a complaints procedure and would have welcome the opportunity to address any concerns direct. Equally we have reported this post to All agents an are waiting to hear back from them in respect to the comment re a court case as this is not something we are aware of.
  8. A 5-star review by 'Christopher Maddock' 26/11/2013

Branch:
    7 The Crescent (Woldingham) (Surrey)
    Annette Dunbar, Ginette Bronsden

Annette DunbarGinette Bronsden

Annette, Ginette and Krystyna have been absolutely fantastic. I've bombarded them with e-mails and they've always been polite and have been totally across everything.

A total pleasure to deal with.

Thank you very much!

9. 1

A 3-star review by 'E Hedderly' 25/10/2013

Sheila

Sheila

We found the initial marketing advice very good and we felt confident in Park and Bailey. Our house sale was agreed very quickly after going on the market which was helped by the proactive team, however we felt that Sheila was too keen to close the deal and was rather pushy with us to accept a lower offer, rather than trying to get the best deal for us. She was efficient in dealing with the agreed sale though until it was passed on to Ginette Brondson of the sale progression team in Caterham.

Park and Bailey recommended 'their' conveyancy firm - which is actually just Premier Property... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (1)by Hadley Lyas  19/12/2013

Many thanks for taking the time to explain your frustration and where you felt the service level fell short of what was expected We take all comments seriously and endeavour to improve wherever possible. Whilst I fully understand your frustration, having reviewed the file, we achieved nearly 98% of the asking price and worked hard to generate interest on your property and feel we were proactive in doing this - we can only achieve of course what the market is willing to pay. With regards to Park & Conveyancing, we do indeed receive a fee but this is secondary to their business model... (read more)
  11. A 5-star review by 'Clive' 24/9/2013

Liam Feeney

P&B Caterham Hill office were excellent in all our dealings with them. From the moment Liam visited us to give us a quote, to the moment we moved out they were pro-active, communicative, helpful. They were professional and displayed great perseverance in taking the sale through to completion, keeping us informed all the way. We would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to friends and others

12. A 5-star review by 'Alison Roberts' 17/9/2013

Ginette Bronsden, Jo Whiting

Ginette BronsdenJo Whiting

Right from putting the house on the market we felt that we were looked after and although there were problems and we thought the deal was going to fall through they acted in a professional manner and kept everything moving. We did move in the end.

13. 1

A 4-star review by 'May' 9/8/2013

Hadley Lyas, Ginette Bronsden

Hadley LyasGinette Bronsden

We received good advice regarding the marketing of our property and realistic pricing guide in what I felt to be a difficult market to judge. As luck would have it our buyers approached us directly as they were known to us and this happened soon after our property went on the market. It is therefore difficult for me to comment on the agents tenacity in finding a buyer.

We chose Park & Bailey partly because they had branches in areas that we were looking for property and felt they would be that much keener to keep us advised on property becoming available. This turned out to be... (read more)

Page: