Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Looking for a job in the property industry/ | allAgents Property Jobs

OM Property Management

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 258 ratings. This website contains 248 user reviews of OM Property Management.

Offices / Branches

• 251 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

11 out of 11
in the LU2 League Tables
55 out of 55
in the Luton League Tables
21574 out of 21580
in the UK

allAgents say...

Solitaire Property Management Company Ltd is now operating under the business name of OM Property Management. Solitaire branch has now been added to OM Property management Profile

Agent Information

At OM Property Management we provide customers with a quality, value for money property management service.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

OM Property Management has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use OM Property Management, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

Page last updated on: 26-Jul-2014 11:49:00

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'DOMINIQUE H' 21/7/2014

LU1

To All
    OM, their group of companies and their peculiar set up including their in house lawyer are under investigation. In the interest of the Justice and Public you must also report them to the Investigation Unit of BERR formerly DTI, the BBC TV Watch Dog, the CAB, the local and national press and please also write to Property Chamber Tribunal as OM are involved with Tribunal Hearings for over charging.

2. A 1-star review by 'Nemesis' 10/7/2014

OX4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are concerned about our insurance charges which have increased by 70per cent and include a fee to Kingsborough Insurance Services a sister company of OM. Is this legal?

3. 2

A 1-star review by 'MVH' 10/7/2014

EZ15
    Rent PCM
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM Properties are the worst nightmare EVER!!! I am currently in court proceedings with them. They deducted money from my account without notifying me and upon realising this, I wrote to them that they were never to take money out of my account ever again without first notifying me. Then low and behold, OM did it again but this time they deducted 2 separate sums of money - upon making enquiries they apologised, sent me a cheque for one of the sums deducted but not the other which related to the shortfall in the maintenance payment we receive each year. I argued like made to get my money back... (read more)

4. 2

A 1-star review by 'Philly 5' 24/6/2014

JON DAVIES
    SA1

JON DAVIES

OM will never let you know what they actually do for you!! Try withholding payment until you get any sensible reply to the most basic question 'what do you actually do for me' - they won't answer but will instead will refer your debt to the High Court for action - Atrocious company with rude useless staff!!

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Answered a simple question - done some work for their money or preferably gone into liquidation a long time ago!!”

5. A 5-star review by 'Phil - Chelmsford' 13/6/2014

CM3
    Rent PCM
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I looked at the reviews here and whilst I do not deal with OM very often I must speak as I find and say that twice this year they have been very helpful. When high winds brought down fencing around the car park in February I contacted them and asked for repairs to be carried out as condition was potentially dangerous. Within 48hrs all the damaged fencing had been replaced. Today I rang re signage improvements to prevent trespassing on the development as spoke to the same property manager ( continuity!) who remembered me from before and agreed that signage requested was a good idea and just wanted more details as to location etc. I am confident this will now be done.

6. 3

A 1-star review by 'Heather' 29/5/2014

SA4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This company is an absolute joke! I have been living at my property for two years and they have been useless since day 1. Complete rip off charges for maintenance work that NEVER gets done. The cleaning and gardening gets done monthly, if we are lucky and they claim it's weekly! We are a small block, compromising of 6 flats, including myself so as you can imagine, the upkeep isn't much. The bin area is an absolute state, the external buzzers are broken, there is litter from in street in the communal gardens (although surely the weekly gardener would have removed them by now, so maybe the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  7. View All Comments (1)by Helen  29/05/2014

Are they your managing agent or freeholder? For managing agents you can vote them out & get a new managing company but all residents need to be involved. You can report them to ARMA. Unfortunately they will ask for the money when you sell as you cannot leave debts. I have similar problems with SIMARC who are part of the same cowboy gang. STAND UP TO THEM & CHALLENGE THEM. They prey on the weak.
  8. 2

A 1-star review by 'Catherine' 16/5/2014

SA4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I bought my brand new apartment 6 years ago and have been so happy with my home, not once have I had to call Persimmon out. I was told at the sale that the maintenance charge was about £800 per year, this was not the case and we are paying close to £1500, with ground rent extra.
    I complained in July 2012 when I received our yearly statement as we had been charged £440 for someone who came out for a small leak, the leak had been there for months but OM called the guy and he decided to do it on a Sunday evening. He was there 30 minutes however as we do not get to know these charges until... (read more)

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Cheaper prices, other management companies on the estate are cheaper than OM, some only pay £900 per year for the same service. Respond to complaints within 1 week not take 2 years. Notify owners of any call out that have been done on properties, sometimes 1st we know about any work that has been done is through the yearly statement.”

9. 2

A 1-star review by 'M Smith' 7/5/2014

SN25
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM Property are a horrible company to deal with. I have maintenance fees for the communal parking area connected to my property and the fees have increased, the estimates are way over the actual spend, the accounts are 2 years late and the customer service is non-existant. I have sent several emails, tried phoning to resolve issues but they essentially ignore any issue. I tried witholding payment to get their attention and contact me back to discuss issues, such as why they repeatedly estimate a yearly expenditure of £300 for an area of parking (with no lightling and an actual spend of £0 every year!), but no response at all, they just added late fees onto my account. I really like my house but I cant stand dealing with this company and from the research I have done, nor can anyone else.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Have reasonable fees, respond to enquiriesand complaints, operate completely differently!”

10. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Louise' 24/4/2014

RG24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Talk about over charge and under deliver
    My service charge was a reasonable £1200 per year and suddenly just doubled without warning consultation or even an apology, now I am struggling paying an extortionate £2500 a year to them and a pathetic slush fund is their excuse for the 100% hike in charges.
    They are so quick to moan if we leave anything on the landings - yet we have a ridiculous amount of space nothing is a hazard if left out... yet despite the fact they are ridiculously overcharging us and leave us in danger of breaking our next on the stairwell with faulty un-repaired lights.
    Wish I knew how to get someone to look at our rates and force them to bring the charges back to a more reasonable level for a new build there is no way they'd need a grand a year from six tenants to build up a slush fund on a new build, £250 i a year I could swallow but £1000 is just extortionate - especially when we still get hit with £150 extra charges when something extra comes through the year.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“reduce the rates to a more affordable level and fix the lights.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (1)by Bert  10/05/2014

Try: http://www.spanglefish.com/AboutPeverel And: http://www.leaseholdknowledge.com
  12. 8

A 1-star review by 'Mr Beesley' 3/3/2014

BS16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I own a freehold house on a development at Cheswick Village, Bristol. We have unfortunately been saddled with OM Property Management by the developer Redrow Homes. Not only are we charged extortionate management fees to which they are unable to substantiate but we are also been charged for the ground maintenance for Social Housing and Leasehold flats on the development. On top of this we have also discovered that the developer Redrow homes did not fully disclose that OM Property Management have a charge on all Freehold homes and we are being told that we have to pay OM the following fees:
    1.... (read more)

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'Adam' 24/2/2014

WD24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Recently several pushbikes had stickers stuck to bikes warming users that bikes will be removed as they are on private land (even though I am a paying tenant), firstly OM Property Management you need to know the law before you start placing threatening notices. As you do not have any notices to advise people not to lock bikes up to metal fencing, legally there is nothing you can do. So if you place another sticker on my expensive bike you will be paying for the cleaning costs to remove them or the damaged caused, also if you do even try and remove my back I will start legal proceedings. It's... (read more)

2. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Mr smith' 12/2/2014

customer services
    Me20

customer services

What a joke this company is !!!! I work in the maintenance industry myself and know how it runs on a daily basis . These are a total waste of time and money , 5-6 years been fighting trying to get maintenance issues done so spoke to my solicitor a few years back and he informed me to keep every single email I've sent . I've followed the complaints procedure by the book still no joy so I've gone to the ombudsman who have taken on my complaint I would suggest you all do this as my research into om it's nothing but bad findings , dispatches on channel 4 , guardian news paper , in court lost quite a few complexes etc . So if you got proof of bad management ie emails and photos suggest ombudsman property . Hope this helps

3. 3

A 2-star review by 'Witsend' 10/2/2014

ox28
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I purchased a house and the development use OCM for management. I have not once seen anyone on site and I have never seen any repairs or maintenance to the streets surrounding my property. And yet for some reason I am paying hundreds of pounds a year to this cowboy company and being invoiced for things such as 'sweeping' ( what do I pay the council tax for? )
    We desperately want to get rid of this company and I am appealing to anyone who can point me into the right direction. The staff are defensive and obtrusive. I asked for breakdown of contractors names charges and dates they were supposed to have visited the site so that I could contact them directly and investigate for myself. To date I have had none of these details.
    Honest companies don't act this way. Their fees are ridiculous and I have just received another letter saying the auditors have advised we haven't paid enough! Are these auditors on the take too?
    SOMEONE HELP ME ! my email is rachferg22@aol.com

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Worked for their money! Levied charges fairly and not been greedy and ridiculous with charges.”

4. 3

A 1-star review by 'Pauline Washington' 10/1/2014

OX16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am a letting agent and I manage two flats in a block in Banbury that is managed by OM Management. It is very annoying having to deal with this company as I pride myself on providing a good service to my tenants and a quick maintenance response. They do not answer the telephone or emails. I have emailed them several times including pictures showing that the cleaners could not possibly have cleaned on the day they say they have. The door entry systems in the block has been out of use for months, there is water leaking in through the roof of the block. The only time OM get in touch is when they want money or when they are throwing their weight around over some silly little clause. Their lack of proper maintenance is devaluing the properties in the block and my clients investment.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“If they would actually converse with me that would be a start.”

5. 4

A 1-star review by 'Burtthecamper' 16/12/2013

Ng24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

What a joke of a company, stay well away. I'm currently in the complaint process, I've won round 1 as they haven't got back to me, so I can further this, as I taking it all the way..

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Useless and incompetent !!!!”

6. 3

A 1-star review by 'Angry Landlady' 14/11/2013

SO17
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Exhorbitant charges over £130 a month for a two bed flat in Southampton. Charge exorbitant amount for minor administrative work. Swift to include debt collectors even though they sent the bill to the wrong address. When the bill was paid in full, they returned the cheque asking us to deal with the debt collectors instead. Even that letter was sent to the wrong address.

7. 8

A 1-star review by 'E Hayes' 11/11/2013

SE16
    Would you use the agent again? No

Complete rogues!! Scamming money, refusing to respond and taking court action are their specialty. I never dealt with such an unprofessional company like this before in my life

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“There are too many faults with this company to list.”

8. 8

A 1-star review by 'oursoo' 26/10/2013

E1W
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They took over the management of our building and, with the possible exception of Carphone Warehouse, are the worst company I had ever had to deal with. They seem to charge huge amounts for doing not very much and are impossible to get hold of if you want to register concerns to a human. In my experience, evasive and inefficient.

9. 4

A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled longstanding!' 22/10/2013

Paul Spavins
    W3

Paul Spavins

Appalling value for money. Have tried to resolve issues over 10 years. No response to e-mails or calls. Their charter is a joke . Why has law not been enforced? How can their inefficiency be allowed?

10. 7

A 1-star review by 'Owner' 15/10/2013

TN23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM Property Management manage our apartments in Ashford. For over 3 years I have been trying to pay my service charges. All I have asked is that they allocate money I have already paid correctly to my account. Circa every six months for 3 years I have phoned them to tell them I owe them money and to date, they have ignored me. So, if they are this poor at collecting money that is owed to them, I hardly need to say more about the service they offer. It took a year for them to settle an insurance claim when our bin store caught fire. Meanwhile, for a year, we had no bin store!! There are so many other instances, too many to mention. Therefore - no - they are not to be recommended.

1. 5

A 1-star review by 'Janice' 4/10/2013

LU4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM property manages our building and I'm at a loss as to what they do for the amount of money they charge the lease holders. For over three months now we have been complaining about the time release light switches that have been installed, more than 50% of them haven't worked since they were installed. Lots of emails later they tell me they have been checked and work, but they don't, I'm guessing we are paying for every contractors visit thus charging us each time. The annual accounts they send are vague, the maintenance updates on the website don't give any details. I think OM property management's philosophy is to do as little as possible, not to shop around for the best deals as it's not their money and not to act in the best interest of their customers (lease holders). Avoid them.

2. 11

A 1-star review by 'toptrumpet1' 2/10/2013

TN23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

If I could give OM zero stars, I would. They are a bunch of criminals who charge leaseholders extortionate amounts of money, and then don't get the required work done. If you have the ability to, you should obtain your own Right To Manage and kick them into touch as quickly as possible.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“The only thing that would change my mind would be if there was the slightest proof that OM Property Management were upright and honest.”

3. 5

A 1-star review by 'Claire j' 26/9/2013

Cv22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is the first property I have owned. Been living here for 5 years. I have been getting slightly concerned about the bad estimates of monthly charges, meaning we get a whacking great bill the month we usually go away. Silly little things like the fire / smoke alarms starting to beep in the halls. We reported a week before it was sorted and this was only because the alarm started going off early hours on a Sunday morning when we had to ring the emergency number to get it dealt with. Had it have been left, it would no doubt have been longer.

Recently, there was an issue with a leaking... (read more)

4. 8

A 1-star review by 'damian howard' 20/9/2013

la5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Without doubt this firm is the most useless Property management firm to deal with. Our estate was landed with them by David Wilson homes. They come under various names Peveril, OM Property etc.. They are not interested in the customer. If you are thinking of buying a house on a property managed (or mismanaged) by them run a mile.

5. 12

A 1-star review by 'nick o connell' 29/8/2013

ox19
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In a properly legally represented country this company would be outlawed. The Governemt complain about payday loan companies but they charge small fees incomparison to this company. Not only do they get away with daylight robbery there is nothing you can do about it. I call it government sponsered chronism. For example I was charged £864 to replace a roof tile a job I could have had it done for £120 by a reputable roofing company. They charge £2400 a year in garden fees for a tarmaced carpark, and the fees are just unimaginable. They are audited by John Needham and Company who must be on the same payroll as they seem to accept any figure that is given to them. I am sure if I quoted them £864 to replace a tile on their roof I would not get the job ? Steer clear of this bunch if you can. their annual fees are now the same as nearly 6 months mortgage payments and that cant be right !!

6. 6

A 1-star review by 'Property01' 29/8/2013

M38
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am so glad i found this website, i thought i have suffering alone all these years in the hand of useless Peverel OM or OM management or whether they call themselves nowadays. My story with them dated back to 2008.

I took ownership of my flat in 2005, Service charge fee was paid by Direct Debit promptly every month, even sometimes they ended up owing me money. In April 2008 i started another monthly direct debit with them 2008-2009 financial year, they confirmed everything in a letter back then, everything was going well until about October 2008 when all of a sudden i received an arrears... (read more)

7. 8

A 1-star review by 'Geoffers007' 19/8/2013

BS7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Avoid this company at all costs. I can only echo what others have said about their "service", which is virtually non-existent. It took a couple of years, but the residents of our part of this development were finally able to persuade the agents acting for the freeholders to allow us to move to another (local) company. The difference has been incredible. Not only are we paying less, but the bills are transparent and any queries are answered with the minimum of delay. Regrettably, OM are still managing the grounds here, even though this basically consists of arranging the grass cutting. Their fee for this is over £20,000 a year!

I am baffled why this company is allowed to get away with this level of service, but part of the blame must go to the developers who allow their agents to appoint them. I shall never purchase another property from Persimmon/Charles Church, because of this.

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'GGB01' 13/8/2013

E1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

1. When we viewed the property we were told a 24hr concierge service would be provided - this has never materialised (it is now 12 months later)
    2. The conceirge is rarely there, as he is also the building manager so leaves his desk unattended for long periods of time to deal with other issues / do his rounds etc.
    3. The intercom system has never worked, so any deliveries or visitors I have to go to the ground floor and let them in. I live on the 11th floor.
    4. The water supply to the whole building was cut-off for more than 24 hours. We had to fend for ourselves (e.g. using buckets of water from an outside tap to flush the toilet) and bottled water was only provide 30mins before the water was turned back on (and they knew this was when it would be start working again.
    I could go on......

9. 3

A 1-star review by 'J1964' 12/8/2013

E15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Om Property are a rip off, gate entry system has not been working for over a year now, the only staff we see are the cleaners as Concierge can never be found. Building is looking like a slum area. And they are taking a big chunk for service charges, what service a joke.

10. 4

A 1-star review by 'Mrs H' 29/7/2013

E15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM are an absolute bunch of crooks. They charge a fortune for doing very little. You can never get a response from them. Their latest money-making scam is to demand ridiculous 'additional ' payments from residents of the development to compensate for THEIR 'under-estimation' of costs for the previous year. We're not talking about a minor under- estimate either! How can a so-called professional management company under- estimate on something as basic as the water bills by over £47,000? On top of that, they have decided that despite having more than adequate bicycle parking, all residents can have the privilege of paying for a cycle storage shed. Gardeners? We pay a fortune for gardeners. I would love to see one now and then. OM make decisions about spending residents money without consulting with residents first and then happily slap on additional charges to an already extortionate service charge. I cannot believe that this company is allowed to continue trading. They are unscrupulous, unprincipled and useless.

Page: