Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

OM Property Management

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 267 ratings. This website contains 257 user reviews of OM Property Management.

Offices / Branches

• 7 recommend
  • 260 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

11 out of 11
in the LU2 League Tables
56 out of 56
in the Luton League Tables
21764 out of 21764
in the UK

allAgents say...

Solitaire Property Management Company Ltd is now operating under the business name of OM Property Management. Solitaire branch has now been added to OM Property management Profile

Agent Information

At OM Property Management we provide customers with a quality, value for money property management service.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

OM Property Management has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use OM Property Management, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

Page last updated on: 24-Nov-2014 12:03:20

1. A 1-star review by 'J sword' 24/11/2014

GL50
    £800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

It has taken this agent 5 days to try repair a communal fault with the TV system the entire block of flats( 12 ) have no signal at all , rang them 4 times, land lady once Thursday at 8.05am and 12am promised to sort with in 24 hours , I rang Friday next day I was told no one coming out as job had been rejected by the engineers , that was it I asked when I could get it sorted could not tell me , I got engineer out in 2 hours he diagnosed the fault as communal failure I rang them again explained that an engineer was here he could do repairs , OM said no I would have to pay fit the repairs £450... (read more)

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Get lost, wind up ,disappear .”

2. 1

A 1-star review by 'DeeDee' 1/11/2014

Lisa Jackson, Carole Lawes
    rg24

Lisa JacksonCarole Lawes

I have reported an issue for the property manager to sort out in August 2014. I did not get any response for 3 month even this issue has been raised to their complaint team over and over again. I received an email from property manager a few days ago, in which explains that I have to wait for the issue to be sorted due to the circumstances, I don’t understand what take them so long to reply a simple email despite it can be done within 10mins. This is not my first occasion to deal with OM customer service, It normally takes more than 2 weeks for them to reply a simple email. I have written... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE IS OVER CHARGED AND POORLY ESTIMATED. LAST YEAR THE ANNUAL ACTUAL FEE IS MORE THAN 20 PERCENT OF THE ESTIMATED FEE”

3. 1

A 1-star review by 'Frustrated' 23/10/2014

TW12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Myself and three other residents on my estate have been trying to get OM Property Management to remove three dumped cars in one of the parking areas for the past year. I have received no reply to my e-mails. The other residents have received two.
    No action has been taken despite photos being provided and details of the owners of the cars (they are running a restoration business from their home). The cars are old, rusted and bits are falling off making it dangerous for children to play.
    This company charge £17,000 in fees each year to the estate- more than 50% of the costs of maintenance and yet cannot even be bothered to reply to e-mails. I am utterly disgusted with their service

4. 3

A 1-star review by 'Gidd' 16/10/2014

Cr0
    Sold Price
    £219000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

6 months service charge in advance and no works being done. And to top it off my property and land is freehold. These people are no good rip offs that pry on innocent homeowners and tenants.

A 1-star review by 'Maria' 10/10/2014

RH10
    Sold Price
    £200000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I agree with all the comments regarding OM on this site. Their incompetence could not be covered in a paragraph, I have called every week for almost 2 years regarding the same problem and it's like 'groundhog day' explaining the problem as no record is kept and NEVER a call back. I have handed over to solicitors as its now reaching a critical stage. I can only hope that in the very near future that these 'cowboys' will be strictly regulated. I can only tell people to really think twice before buying a property that is managed by OM..... I would NEVER EVER purchase any property that had any association with them!

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'Dont buy an OM property' 9/10/2014

SE16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Annual service charges have more than doubled in the last few years
    Maintenance is poorly planned , overly expensive , and poorly completed requiring further maintenance
    OM are non-responsive to owners / tenants
    Do not purchase a property that they manage !

“RIDICULOUSLY EXHORBITANT”

7. 2

A 1-star review by 'ML' 5/10/2014

B74
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This company has systematically destroyed the value of every apartment/flat in this block through their incompetence. They have breached almost every term of the maintenance agreement but have the audacity to try and intimidate people into paying arrears via threats and lies. Property owners have had to paint walls, lay carpets and get their own families to carry out basic maintenance work due to this not being provided by this company. On the rare occasions when they do replace items such as a back door as it had almost rotted away, they charge almost 3 times the price of a suitable replacement item and even then it isn't fitted properly and doesn't shut. They are a disgrace and I seriously cannot believe how they are getting away with this.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Maybe provide the services that they are supposed to, and pay compensation to property owners who have had their properties devalued due to their involvement.”

8. 1

A 1-star review by 'Thundergod (alias)' 3/10/2014

keren dolan, New Malden New Malden
    kt19
    £1000

keren dolanNew Malden New Malden

Honestly I doubt this website has enough server space to list all the reasons you should never deal with this company. They will take you to court for the slightest non payment but try and get them to do what you pay them for and you hit a brick wall.
    if you like to be bullied into payment, ignore, and driven to the point of a mental breakdown then this company is for you.
    Funny thing is they instructed bailiffs to recover debt from me as as I was able to show the debt collection agency I had tried to communicate and pay on 25 different occasions they refused the case.

If you only listen to one bit of advise in your life let it be that you never go near this company.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“honestly there is nothing they could do. I honestly trying to think of something that could happen to them for me to forgive them for what they have put me and the other tennants in our block through but I cant think of anything that would make me feel better.”

9. 2

A 1-star review by 'Ruth Sheppey' 30/7/2014

Emma Beatty
    tw12

Emma Beatty

I contacted the property management department in Nov 13 regarding a rotting window. I had to call repeatedly to get any response from the property manager. They then sent round a company that didn't even make an appointment to go into the house to see the window. I wasn't given any feed back and so I called again and again and again. Eventually I wrote a letter of complaint to Emma Beatty in Apr 14. She promised to phone me within two days. Guess what I am still waiting!!!

Our estate has no option but to use this company because they own what is know as a "rent charge" on the land. If you have any choice, DO NOT USE this company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE COMPANY MANAGES OUR ESTATE.”

10. 8

A 1-star review by 'DOMINIQUE H' 21/7/2014

LU1

To All
    OM, their group of companies and their peculiar set up including their in house lawyer are under investigation. In the interest of the Justice and Public you must also report them to the Investigation Unit of BERR formerly DTI, the BBC TV Watch Dog, the CAB, the local and national press and please also write to Property Chamber Tribunal as OM are involved with Tribunal Hearings for over charging.

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'Nemesis' 10/7/2014

OX4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are concerned about our insurance charges which have increased by 70per cent and include a fee to Kingsborough Insurance Services a sister company of OM. Is this legal?

2. 4

A 1-star review by 'MVH' 10/7/2014

EZ15
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM Properties are the worst nightmare EVER!!! I am currently in court proceedings with them. They deducted money from my account without notifying me and upon realising this, I wrote to them that they were never to take money out of my account ever again without first notifying me. Then low and behold, OM did it again but this time they deducted 2 separate sums of money - upon making enquiries they apologised, sent me a cheque for one of the sums deducted but not the other which related to the shortfall in the maintenance payment we receive each year. I argued like made to get my money back... (read more)

3. 3

A 1-star review by 'Philly 5' 24/6/2014

JON DAVIES
    SA1

JON DAVIES

OM will never let you know what they actually do for you!! Try withholding payment until you get any sensible reply to the most basic question 'what do you actually do for me' - they won't answer but will instead will refer your debt to the High Court for action - Atrocious company with rude useless staff!!

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Answered a simple question - done some work for their money or preferably gone into liquidation a long time ago!!”

4. A 5-star review by 'Phil - Chelmsford' 13/6/2014

CM3
    £550
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I looked at the reviews here and whilst I do not deal with OM very often I must speak as I find and say that twice this year they have been very helpful. When high winds brought down fencing around the car park in February I contacted them and asked for repairs to be carried out as condition was potentially dangerous. Within 48hrs all the damaged fencing had been replaced. Today I rang re signage improvements to prevent trespassing on the development as spoke to the same property manager ( continuity!) who remembered me from before and agreed that signage requested was a good idea and just wanted more details as to location etc. I am confident this will now be done.

A 1-star review by 'Heather' 29/5/2014

SA4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This company is an absolute joke! I have been living at my property for two years and they have been useless since day 1. Complete rip off charges for maintenance work that NEVER gets done. The cleaning and gardening gets done monthly, if we are lucky and they claim it's weekly! We are a small block, compromising of 6 flats, including myself so as you can imagine, the upkeep isn't much. The bin area is an absolute state, the external buzzers are broken, there is litter from in street in the communal gardens (although surely the weekly gardener would have removed them by now, so maybe the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (1)by Helen  29/05/2014

Are they your managing agent or freeholder? For managing agents you can vote them out & get a new managing company but all residents need to be involved. You can report them to ARMA. Unfortunately they will ask for the money when you sell as you cannot leave debts. I have similar problems with SIMARC who are part of the same cowboy gang. STAND UP TO THEM & CHALLENGE THEM. They prey on the weak.
  7. 3

A 1-star review by 'Catherine' 16/5/2014

SA4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I bought my brand new apartment 6 years ago and have been so happy with my home, not once have I had to call Persimmon out. I was told at the sale that the maintenance charge was about £800 per year, this was not the case and we are paying close to £1500, with ground rent extra.
    I complained in July 2012 when I received our yearly statement as we had been charged £440 for someone who came out for a small leak, the leak had been there for months but OM called the guy and he decided to do it on a Sunday evening. He was there 30 minutes however as we do not get to know these charges until... (read more)

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Cheaper prices, other management companies on the estate are cheaper than OM, some only pay £900 per year for the same service. Respond to complaints within 1 week not take 2 years. Notify owners of any call out that have been done on properties, sometimes 1st we know about any work that has been done is through the yearly statement.”

8. 2

A 1-star review by 'M Smith' 7/5/2014

SN25
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM Property are a horrible company to deal with. I have maintenance fees for the communal parking area connected to my property and the fees have increased, the estimates are way over the actual spend, the accounts are 2 years late and the customer service is non-existant. I have sent several emails, tried phoning to resolve issues but they essentially ignore any issue. I tried witholding payment to get their attention and contact me back to discuss issues, such as why they repeatedly estimate a yearly expenditure of £300 for an area of parking (with no lightling and an actual spend of £0 every year!), but no response at all, they just added late fees onto my account. I really like my house but I cant stand dealing with this company and from the research I have done, nor can anyone else.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Have reasonable fees, respond to enquiriesand complaints, operate completely differently!”

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'Louise' 24/4/2014

RG24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Talk about over charge and under deliver
    My service charge was a reasonable £1200 per year and suddenly just doubled without warning consultation or even an apology, now I am struggling paying an extortionate £2500 a year to them and a pathetic slush fund is their excuse for the 100% hike in charges.
    They are so quick to moan if we leave anything on the landings - yet we have a ridiculous amount of space nothing is a hazard if left out... yet despite the fact they are ridiculously overcharging us and leave us in danger of breaking our next on the stairwell with faulty un-repaired lights.
    Wish I knew how to get someone to look at our rates and force them to bring the charges back to a more reasonable level for a new build there is no way they'd need a grand a year from six tenants to build up a slush fund on a new build, £250 i a year I could swallow but £1000 is just extortionate - especially when we still get hit with £150 extra charges when something extra comes through the year.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“reduce the rates to a more affordable level and fix the lights.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (1)by Bert  10/05/2014

Try: http://www.spanglefish.com/AboutPeverel And: http://www.leaseholdknowledge.com
  11. 8

A 1-star review by 'Mr Beesley' 3/3/2014

Property Management
    BS16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I own a freehold house on a development at Cheswick Village, Bristol. We have unfortunately been saddled with OM Property Management by the developer Redrow Homes. Not only are we charged extortionate management fees to which they are unable to substantiate but we are also been charged for the ground maintenance for Social Housing and Leasehold flats on the development. On top of this we have also discovered that the developer Redrow homes did not fully disclose that OM Property Management have a charge on all Freehold homes and we are being told that we have to pay OM the following fees:
    1.... (read more)

12. 2

A 1-star review by 'Adam' 24/2/2014

WD24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Recently several pushbikes had stickers stuck to bikes warming users that bikes will be removed as they are on private land (even though I am a paying tenant), firstly OM Property Management you need to know the law before you start placing threatening notices. As you do not have any notices to advise people not to lock bikes up to metal fencing, legally there is nothing you can do. So if you place another sticker on my expensive bike you will be paying for the cleaning costs to remove them or the damaged caused, also if you do even try and remove my back I will start legal proceedings. It's... (read more)

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'Mr smith' 12/2/2014

customer services
    Me20

customer services

What a joke this company is !!!! I work in the maintenance industry myself and know how it runs on a daily basis . These are a total waste of time and money , 5-6 years been fighting trying to get maintenance issues done so spoke to my solicitor a few years back and he informed me to keep every single email I've sent . I've followed the complaints procedure by the book still no joy so I've gone to the ombudsman who have taken on my complaint I would suggest you all do this as my research into om it's nothing but bad findings , dispatches on channel 4 , guardian news paper , in court lost quite a few complexes etc . So if you got proof of bad management ie emails and photos suggest ombudsman property . Hope this helps

2. 3

A 2-star review by 'Witsend' 10/2/2014

ox28
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I purchased a house and the development use OCM for management. I have not once seen anyone on site and I have never seen any repairs or maintenance to the streets surrounding my property. And yet for some reason I am paying hundreds of pounds a year to this cowboy company and being invoiced for things such as 'sweeping' ( what do I pay the council tax for? )
    We desperately want to get rid of this company and I am appealing to anyone who can point me into the right direction. The staff are defensive and obtrusive. I asked for breakdown of contractors names charges and dates they were supposed to have visited the site so that I could contact them directly and investigate for myself. To date I have had none of these details.
    Honest companies don't act this way. Their fees are ridiculous and I have just received another letter saying the auditors have advised we haven't paid enough! Are these auditors on the take too?
    SOMEONE HELP ME ! my email is rachferg22@aol.com

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Worked for their money! Levied charges fairly and not been greedy and ridiculous with charges.”

3. 3

A 1-star review by 'Pauline Washington' 10/1/2014

Property Management
    OX16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am a letting agent and I manage two flats in a block in Banbury that is managed by OM Management. It is very annoying having to deal with this company as I pride myself on providing a good service to my tenants and a quick maintenance response. They do not answer the telephone or emails. I have emailed them several times including pictures showing that the cleaners could not possibly have cleaned on the day they say they have. The door entry systems in the block has been out of use for months, there is water leaking in through the roof of the block. The only time OM get in touch is when they want money or when they are throwing their weight around over some silly little clause. Their lack of proper maintenance is devaluing the properties in the block and my clients investment.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“If they would actually converse with me that would be a start.”

4. 4

A 1-star review by 'Burtthecamper' 16/12/2013

Ng24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

What a joke of a company, stay well away. I'm currently in the complaint process, I've won round 1 as they haven't got back to me, so I can further this, as I taking it all the way..

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Useless and incompetent !!!!”

A 1-star review by 'Angry Landlady' 14/11/2013

SO17
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Exhorbitant charges over £130 a month for a two bed flat in Southampton. Charge exorbitant amount for minor administrative work. Swift to include debt collectors even though they sent the bill to the wrong address. When the bill was paid in full, they returned the cheque asking us to deal with the debt collectors instead. Even that letter was sent to the wrong address.

6. 8

A 1-star review by 'E Hayes' 11/11/2013

SE16
    Would you use the agent again? No

Complete rogues!! Scamming money, refusing to respond and taking court action are their specialty. I never dealt with such an unprofessional company like this before in my life

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“There are too many faults with this company to list.”

7. 8

A 1-star review by 'oursoo' 26/10/2013

E1W
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They took over the management of our building and, with the possible exception of Carphone Warehouse, are the worst company I had ever had to deal with. They seem to charge huge amounts for doing not very much and are impossible to get hold of if you want to register concerns to a human. In my experience, evasive and inefficient.

8. 5

A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled longstanding!' 22/10/2013

Paul Spavins
    W3

Paul Spavins

Appalling value for money. Have tried to resolve issues over 10 years. No response to e-mails or calls. Their charter is a joke . Why has law not been enforced? How can their inefficiency be allowed?

9. 7

A 1-star review by 'Owner' 15/10/2013

TN23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM Property Management manage our apartments in Ashford. For over 3 years I have been trying to pay my service charges. All I have asked is that they allocate money I have already paid correctly to my account. Circa every six months for 3 years I have phoned them to tell them I owe them money and to date, they have ignored me. So, if they are this poor at collecting money that is owed to them, I hardly need to say more about the service they offer. It took a year for them to settle an insurance claim when our bin store caught fire. Meanwhile, for a year, we had no bin store!! There are so many other instances, too many to mention. Therefore - no - they are not to be recommended.

10. 5

A 1-star review by 'Janice' 4/10/2013

LU4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

OM property manages our building and I'm at a loss as to what they do for the amount of money they charge the lease holders. For over three months now we have been complaining about the time release light switches that have been installed, more than 50% of them haven't worked since they were installed. Lots of emails later they tell me they have been checked and work, but they don't, I'm guessing we are paying for every contractors visit thus charging us each time. The annual accounts they send are vague, the maintenance updates on the website don't give any details. I think OM property management's philosophy is to do as little as possible, not to shop around for the best deals as it's not their money and not to act in the best interest of their customers (lease holders). Avoid them.

Page: