FREE Valuation

OM Property Management

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 275 ratings. This website contains 265 user reviews of OM Property Management.

• OM Property Management has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use OM Property Management, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 7 recommend
  • 268 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

FREE valuation

This branch is also ranked:

13 out of 13
in the LU2 League Tables
62 out of 62
in the Luton League Tables
24054 out of 24319
in the UK

allAgents say...

Solitaire Property Management Company Ltd is now operating under the business name of OM Property Management. Solitaire branch has now been added to OM Property management Profile

Agent Information

At OM Property Management we provide customers with a quality, value for money property management service.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Page last updated on: 27-May-2015 19:01:04

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. A 1 -star review by ''

CO11
    £92500
    Would you use the agent again? No

This company operates almost as a protection racket. It demands an extortionate fee but does not provide a service. The bin area has not been cleared in the 17 months that we have lived here. The grass has been cut 6 times in 17 months. There was a 6-month gap over the winter. It is now May and the grass is two foot deep in places. They claim that they have photographic evidence that the maintenance has been carried out, yet residents have dates and photographic evidence to the contrary. They have breached every single point on their contract. The building insurance cost is far greater than what we would pay if we got it privately. We pay towards the cost of maintenance of communal areas- but we have freehold homes and there are no communal areas to be maintained. This is a complete con and I will be investigating this company for breach of contract, and seek legal advice on how to challenge them on it.

“ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL.”

2. 3

A 2 -star review by ''

BR3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Useless company. I've spent countless hours of my life chasing up these people trying to get things done at our nice block of flats. They are slow to deal with matters, incompetent and insincere. Individuals need to take more responsibility with issues and not pass the buck. Communication within the company is almost non-existent so you have to explain yourself over and over again to various people. A painful experience.

3. 3

B74
    Would you use the agent again? No

The farce continues, after systematically wrecking and devaluing every single property in the development, resulting in most people holding back payment, they threaten court action. They lie and say that there will be court costs added to the balance (less than £10,000 cases always go through small claims court so they can't add costs). I send dozens of photos showing cracked drainpipes, missing tiles, filthy shoddy paintwork that hasn't been touched in 20 years. Suddenly their solicitors go quiet when I tell them I will launch a counter claim for devaluation of property. Now they promise to correct all the maintenance work - in the near future, however long that will be!!!! I have now resumed payments, they send me an invoice then won't accept payment as it is with their solicitors. All they need is a red wig and a unicycle with a bucket to complete the picture of incompetence beyond words.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Go and join a hippy commune and disappear from civilised society???”

4. 3

Tim Hughes
    NG24
    Tim Hughes

Hi, i purchased my Freehold property at fernwood in newark just over a year ago. there are freehold and leasehold properties in the Village and all the open space land between these properties is owned by the developers David Wilson Homes. DWH started this development over 10 years ago and put in place OM property management - soon to be Firstport property service ( name change only again ) to manage their assets. We have been told that our district council refused to take on owner ship of the village land ,because they dud not want to pay for its upkeep ( yet still bill us full council tax... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENTS FEES ARE AT LEAST 4 TIMES THE RUNNING COSTS OF THE ESTATE.”

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“This agent can take a run and jump over the highest cliff in the country.”

5. 5

SE22
    Would you use the agent again? No

I can't begin to describe how much I hate OM property management....

As a firm they should be utterly embarrassed by the appalling way in which they treat their customers. I've raised formal complaints, phoned every day for a week, shouted, cried, emailed, written letters and yet they fail to treat me like a human being.

They make the lives of everyone in our block miserable and yet charge an astronomical amount in management fees. Stay away from this company at all costs

6. View All Comments (2)by VTgoneforgood  08/04/2015

Hi. You may not be able to change OM (now FirstPort) easily, or cheaply, so I recommend you get at least three active leaseholders and form a professionally competent Residents Group. We did that and it worked well. They will take more notice if you demonstrate quality and solidarity and never give up with formal emails requiring a reply. With my colleagues, in the last three or four years, since Mr Vincent Tchenguiz left the helm (March 2012), when Peverel went into Administration, much has been achieved with our own site finances and service levels. We have almost half the level of past Service Charges now and a planned Reserve Fund growth, a £ four figure rebate per leasholder property last year and an excellent working relationship with the Property Manager. It was not easy but it did get easier over time so it certainly was worth doing it and now we even do the annual budgets. So do get organised and work with OM/FirstPort because doing that does genuinely deliver results over time. We are in Milton Keynes so if its useful to meet up I'm happy to do so.
  7. 2

Rm7
    £245000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Be warned they are changing there name to Firstport Property services , just received a letter informing me . I agree with all of the comments and more , worst company I have ever known.

8. 3

Ng9
    £120000
    Would you use the agent again? No

This company just wants to rip money of people and sell their invisible service by force and threat and they don't accept any responsibility and I never see them around to do any service in our area but they send bills

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“The agent need to take responsibility and respect the customer and declare their service for them if they do any”

9. 5

RM17
    £120000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Do not get involved with any property managed by this company - the fees are extortionate and there are always shortfalls for which you will be charged extra. Complaints regarding maintenance or other tenants never get resolved and i have no proof of them ever being raised. The whole block have been charged for repairs which quite obviously have not taken place, it beggars belief what they can get away with and the charge me a small fortune to do almost nothing.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES THAT THEY CHARGE HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO BE EXTORTIONATE. WE KNOW THAT WE CAN ACHEIVE THE SAME INSURANCE COVER FOR THE BLOCK FOR £20K PER YEAR LESS THAN OM ARE PAYING/CHARGING US AND THE MANAGEMENT FEES ARE OFF THE SCALE”

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Charging reasonable amounts, fixing issues and dealing with complaints - they do virtually nothing and what they do is done badly”

10. 3

GL50
    £800
    Would you use the agent again? No

It has taken this agent 5 days to try repair a communal fault with the TV system the entire block of flats( 12 ) have no signal at all , rang them 4 times, land lady once Thursday at 8.05am and 12am promised to sort with in 24 hours , I rang Friday next day I was told no one coming out as job had been rejected by the engineers , that was it I asked when I could get it sorted could not tell me , I got engineer out in 2 hours he diagnosed the fault as communal failure I rang them again explained that an engineer was here he could do repairs , OM said no I would have to pay fit the repairs £450... (read more)

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Get lost, wind up ,disappear .”

11. 3

Lisa Jackson, Carole Lawes
    rg24
    no photono photo
    Lisa JacksonCarole Lawes

I have reported an issue for the property manager to sort out in August 2014. I did not get any response for 3 month even this issue has been raised to their complaint team over and over again. I received an email from property manager a few days ago, in which explains that I have to wait for the issue to be sorted due to the circumstances, I don't understand what take them so long to reply a simple email despite it can be done within 10mins. This is not my first occasion to deal with OM customer service, It normally takes more than 2 weeks for them to reply a simple email. I have written... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE IS OVER CHARGED AND POORLY ESTIMATED. LAST YEAR THE ANNUAL ACTUAL FEE IS MORE THAN 20 PERCENT OF THE ESTIMATED FEE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

13. 3

TW12
    Would you use the agent again? No

Myself and three other residents on my estate have been trying to get OM Property Management to remove three dumped cars in one of the parking areas for the past year. I have received no reply to my e-mails. The other residents have received two.
    No action has been taken despite photos being provided and details of the owners of the cars (they are running a restoration business from their home). The cars are old, rusted and bits are falling off making it dangerous for children to play.
    This company charge £17,000 in fees each year to the estate- more than 50% of the costs of maintenance and yet cannot even be bothered to reply to e-mails. I am utterly disgusted with their service

14. 5

Cr0
    £219000
    Would you use the agent again? No

6 months service charge in advance and no works being done. And to top it off my property and land is freehold. These people are no good rip offs that pry on innocent homeowners and tenants.

15. 5

RH10
    £200000
    Would you use the agent again? No

I agree with all the comments regarding OM on this site. Their incompetence could not be covered in a paragraph, I have called every week for almost 2 years regarding the same problem and it's like 'groundhog day' explaining the problem as no record is kept and NEVER a call back. I have handed over to solicitors as its now reaching a critical stage. I can only hope that in the very near future that these 'cowboys' will be strictly regulated. I can only tell people to really think twice before buying a property that is managed by OM..... I would NEVER EVER purchase any property that had any association with them!

16. 2

SE16
    Would you use the agent again? No

Annual service charges have more than doubled in the last few years
    Maintenance is poorly planned , overly expensive , and poorly completed requiring further maintenance
    OM are non-responsive to owners / tenants
    Do not purchase a property that they manage !

“RIDICULOUSLY EXHORBITANT”

17. 3

B74
    Would you use the agent again? No

This company has systematically destroyed the value of every apartment/flat in this block through their incompetence. They have breached almost every term of the maintenance agreement but have the audacity to try and intimidate people into paying arrears via threats and lies. Property owners have had to paint walls, lay carpets and get their own families to carry out basic maintenance work due to this not being provided by this company. On the rare occasions when they do replace items such as a back door as it had almost rotted away, they charge almost 3 times the price of a suitable replacement item and even then it isn't fitted properly and doesn't shut. They are a disgrace and I seriously cannot believe how they are getting away with this.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Maybe provide the services that they are supposed to, and pay compensation to property owners who have had their properties devalued due to their involvement.”

18. 2

keren dolan
    kt19
    £1000
    keren dolan

Honestly I doubt this website has enough server space to list all the reasons you should never deal with this company. They will take you to court for the slightest non payment but try and get them to do what you pay them for and you hit a brick wall.
    if you like to be bullied into payment, ignore, and driven to the point of a mental breakdown then this company is for you.
    Funny thing is they instructed bailiffs to recover debt from me as as I was able to show the debt collection agency I had tried to communicate and pay on 25 different occasions they refused the case.

If you only listen to one bit of advise in your life let it be that you never go near this company.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“honestly there is nothing they could do. I honestly trying to think of something that could happen to them for me to forgive them for what they have put me and the other tennants in our block through but I cant think of anything that would make me feel better.”

19. 2

Emma Beatty
    tw12
    Emma Beatty

I contacted the property management department in Nov 13 regarding a rotting window. I had to call repeatedly to get any response from the property manager. They then sent round a company that didn't even make an appointment to go into the house to see the window. I wasn't given any feed back and so I called again and again and again. Eventually I wrote a letter of complaint to Emma Beatty in Apr 14. She promised to phone me within two days. Guess what I am still waiting!!!

Our estate has no option but to use this company because they own what is know as a "rent charge" on the land. If you have any choice, DO NOT USE this company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE COMPANY MANAGES OUR ESTATE.”

20. 8

LU1

To All
    OM, their group of companies and their peculiar set up including their in house lawyer are under investigation. In the interest of the Justice and Public you must also report them to the Investigation Unit of BERR formerly DTI, the BBC TV Watch Dog, the CAB, the local and national press and please also write to Property Chamber Tribunal as OM are involved with Tribunal Hearings for over charging.

21. 2

OX4
    Would you use the agent again? No

We are concerned about our insurance charges which have increased by 70per cent and include a fee to Kingsborough Insurance Services a sister company of OM. Is this legal?

22. 4

EZ15
    £450
    Would you use the agent again? No

OM Properties are the worst nightmare EVER!!! I am currently in court proceedings with them. They deducted money from my account without notifying me and upon realising this, I wrote to them that they were never to take money out of my account ever again without first notifying me. Then low and behold, OM did it again but this time they deducted 2 separate sums of money - upon making enquiries they apologised, sent me a cheque for one of the sums deducted but not the other which related to the shortfall in the maintenance payment we receive each year. I argued like made to get my money back... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

24. 3

JON DAVIES
    SA1
    JON DAVIES

OM will never let you know what they actually do for you!! Try withholding payment until you get any sensible reply to the most basic question 'what do you actually do for me' - they won't answer but will instead will refer your debt to the High Court for action - Atrocious company with rude useless staff!!

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Answered a simple question - done some work for their money or preferably gone into liquidation a long time ago!!”

25. 1

A 5 -star review by ''

CM3
    £550
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I looked at the reviews here and whilst I do not deal with OM very often I must speak as I find and say that twice this year they have been very helpful. When high winds brought down fencing around the car park in February I contacted them and asked for repairs to be carried out as condition was potentially dangerous. Within 48hrs all the damaged fencing had been replaced. Today I rang re signage improvements to prevent trespassing on the development as spoke to the same property manager ( continuity!) who remembered me from before and agreed that signage requested was a good idea and just wanted more details as to location etc. I am confident this will now be done.

26. 3

SA4
    Would you use the agent again? No

This company is an absolute joke! I have been living at my property for two years and they have been useless since day 1. Complete rip off charges for maintenance work that NEVER gets done. The cleaning and gardening gets done monthly, if we are lucky and they claim it's weekly! We are a small block, compromising of 6 flats, including myself so as you can imagine, the upkeep isn't much. The bin area is an absolute state, the external buzzers are broken, there is litter from in street in the communal gardens (although surely the weekly gardener would have removed them by now, so maybe the... (read more)

27. View All Comments (1)by Helen  29/05/2014

Are they your managing agent or freeholder? For managing agents you can vote them out & get a new managing company but all residents need to be involved. You can report them to ARMA. Unfortunately they will ask for the money when you sell as you cannot leave debts. I have similar problems with SIMARC who are part of the same cowboy gang. STAND UP TO THEM & CHALLENGE THEM. They prey on the weak.
  28. 3

SA4
    Would you use the agent again? No

I bought my brand new apartment 6 years ago and have been so happy with my home, not once have I had to call Persimmon out. I was told at the sale that the maintenance charge was about £800 per year, this was not the case and we are paying close to £1500, with ground rent extra.
    I complained in July 2012 when I received our yearly statement as we had been charged £440 for someone who came out for a small leak, the leak had been there for months but OM called the guy and he decided to do it on a Sunday evening. He was there 30 minutes however as we do not get to know these charges until... (read more)

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Cheaper prices, other management companies on the estate are cheaper than OM, some only pay £900 per year for the same service. Respond to complaints within 1 week not take 2 years. Notify owners of any call out that have been done on properties, sometimes 1st we know about any work that has been done is through the yearly statement.”

29. 2

SN25
    Would you use the agent again? No

OM Property are a horrible company to deal with. I have maintenance fees for the communal parking area connected to my property and the fees have increased, the estimates are way over the actual spend, the accounts are 2 years late and the customer service is non-existant. I have sent several emails, tried phoning to resolve issues but they essentially ignore any issue. I tried witholding payment to get their attention and contact me back to discuss issues, such as why they repeatedly estimate a yearly expenditure of £300 for an area of parking (with no lightling and an actual spend of £0 every year!), but no response at all, they just added late fees onto my account. I really like my house but I cant stand dealing with this company and from the research I have done, nor can anyone else.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Have reasonable fees, respond to enquiriesand complaints, operate completely differently!”

30. 1

RG24
    Would you use the agent again? No

Talk about over charge and under deliver
    My service charge was a reasonable £1200 per year and suddenly just doubled without warning consultation or even an apology, now I am struggling paying an extortionate £2500 a year to them and a pathetic slush fund is their excuse for the 100% hike in charges.
    They are so quick to moan if we leave anything on the landings - yet we have a ridiculous amount of space nothing is a hazard if left out... yet despite the fact they are ridiculously overcharging us and leave us in danger of breaking our next on the stairwell with faulty un-repaired lights.
    Wish I knew how to get someone to look at our rates and force them to bring the charges back to a more reasonable level for a new build there is no way they'd need a grand a year from six tenants to build up a slush fund on a new build, £250 i a year I could swallow but £1000 is just extortionate - especially when we still get hit with £150 extra charges when something extra comes through the year.

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“reduce the rates to a more affordable level and fix the lights.”

31. View All Comments (1)by Bert  10/05/2014

Try: http://www.spanglefish.com/AboutPeverel And: http://www.leaseholdknowledge.com
  32. 9

Property Management
    BS16
    Would you use the agent again? No

I own a freehold house on a development at Cheswick Village, Bristol. We have unfortunately been saddled with OM Property Management by the developer Redrow Homes. Not only are we charged extortionate management fees to which they are unable to substantiate but we are also been charged for the ground maintenance for Social Housing and Leasehold flats on the development. On top of this we have also discovered that the developer Redrow homes did not fully disclose that OM Property Management have a charge on all Freehold homes and we are being told that we have to pay OM the following fees:
    1.... (read more)

33. 2

WD24
    Would you use the agent again? No

Recently several pushbikes had stickers stuck to bikes warming users that bikes will be removed as they are on private land (even though I am a paying tenant), firstly OM Property Management you need to know the law before you start placing threatening notices. As you do not have any notices to advise people not to lock bikes up to metal fencing, legally there is nothing you can do. So if you place another sticker on my expensive bike you will be paying for the cleaning costs to remove them or the damaged caused, also if you do even try and remove my back I will start legal proceedings. It's... (read more)

34. 1

customer services
    Me20
    customer services

What a joke this company is !!!! I work in the maintenance industry myself and know how it runs on a daily basis . These are a total waste of time and money , 5-6 years been fighting trying to get maintenance issues done so spoke to my solicitor a few years back and he informed me to keep every single email I've sent . I've followed the complaints procedure by the book still no joy so I've gone to the ombudsman who have taken on my complaint I would suggest you all do this as my research into om it's nothing but bad findings , dispatches on channel 4 , guardian news paper , in court lost quite a few complexes etc . So if you got proof of bad management ie emails and photos suggest ombudsman property . Hope this helps

35. 3

A 2 -star review by ''

ox28
    Would you use the agent again? No

I purchased a house and the development use OCM for management. I have not once seen anyone on site and I have never seen any repairs or maintenance to the streets surrounding my property. And yet for some reason I am paying hundreds of pounds a year to this cowboy company and being invoiced for things such as 'sweeping' ( what do I pay the council tax for? )
    We desperately want to get rid of this company and I am appealing to anyone who can point me into the right direction. The staff are defensive and obtrusive. I asked for breakdown of contractors names charges and dates they were supposed to have visited the site so that I could contact them directly and investigate for myself. To date I have had none of these details.
    Honest companies don't act this way. Their fees are ridiculous and I have just received another letter saying the auditors have advised we haven't paid enough! Are these auditors on the take too?
    SOMEONE HELP ME ! my email is rachferg22@aol.com

What could OM Property Management do to change your mind??

“Worked for their money! Levied charges fairly and not been greedy and ridiculous with charges.”

Page: