Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 869 ratings. This website contains 868 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Page last updated on: 04-May-2015 11:23:11

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 29)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    I - Land Building, 70 Bromsgrove Street (Southside) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Sophia Hewston, Aaran Ryatt
    b5
    £500
    Sophia HewstonAaran Ryatt
    Sophia HewstonAaran Ryatt

Sophia and Aaran have been great in helping me move in to the property. I have always been updated with the progress of the property and it was ensured that the property was in excellent condition when I moved in. I have been a tenant with this agency for some years now and the level of customer service is absolutely brilliant. The team have always been quick abd accurate with their responses and given good advice when needed. I would definitely recommend to others!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Mk10
    £675
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I'm a Tanant for 8 year and this is my 3rd house with Northwood.
    I have no problem with this agent at all alway kind, helpful. If you look after the house they look after you. Strongly recommend :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  3. A 4 -star review by ''

Catherine
    MK16
    Catherine

I have used Northwood's for over 6 years to find new tenants for my flats and houses in Newport Pagnell when they become vacant. They have prepared the tenancy agreements and inventories and checked out the previous tenants. All of this has been done most efficiently and to my satisfaction. Their vetting procedure has proved satisfactory with very few ensuing problems with the tenants. Most new lettings have been arranged to start as soon as the previous tenants have moved out. Catherine is currently looking for a new tenant for one of my flats where the existing tenant is leaving after 6 years.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

MK17
    £675
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just finished a three year rental of a flat managed by Northwood. After moving into the flat I found that there were quite a few things that didn't work (light fittings, heaters, etc.). I supplied Northwood with a list and most of these problems were fixed fairly quickly. However, the flat was showing its age, so during the tenancy I had further problems with the garage door, water tank thermostat and washing machine. Each time, Northwood replied to my emails fairly promptly; any delays I'd attribute to getting landlord agreement to pay for repairs/replacements, so no fault of the agent. I did contact Northwood quite a few times over the three year tenancy to discuss repairs and contracts and each time the replies I received were prompt, friendly and helpful. All in all, I was quite satisfied with the service I received from Northwood and I'd be quite happy to rent from them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Mk13
    £530
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have two properties in Milton Keynes managed by the Northwood team at Newport Pagnell. Over the last 4+ years I have found all the team to be extremely professional in their dealings with me. The guaranteed rent scheme gives me the piece of mind I need as a landlord especially as I live abroad. No landlord wants to incur additional costs due to things like faulty boilers however with Northwood I always receive quotations in advance and where challenged a re quote from another supplier. Rental payments are always on time and I cannot fault the administration process.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GUARANTEED RENT SCHEME SUITS ME AS I NEVER WORRY ABOUT VOID PERIODS WHEN PROPERTY EMPTY. IT\'S LOWER THAN I COULD OBTAIN IF I MANAGED THE PROPERTY MYSELF BUT WHY HAVE THE HASSLE?!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

Leanna Jackson
    Mk16
    £895
    Leanna Jackson

My partner and I recently relocated from Worcester to Milton keynes and were desperate to find a property that was right for us. Northwood were excellent in regards to meeting our needs and found us a property within a matter of days. We viewed the property within a day and were lucky enough to snap it up that day.
    Customer service is of a high standard, in the 8 months that we have been with Nortbwood we have always been met with friendly, helpful staff. Emails are always amswered in a speedy manner and if a problem has arisen, Leanne resolves it quickly. I have always found her to be professional and friendlt when I have needed to speak to her.
    Would definitely recommend Northwood to people that are looking for a property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Leanne Aylesbury
    MK16
    £900
    Leanne Aylesbury

My experience of letting agents is they either care about your views and wishes or it's an uncomfortable sales pitch from the start. When I contacted Northwood my partner and I were in a difficult situation, having been dropped at the eleventh hour on a previous agreement. I explained the situation, we were granted a prompt viewing of a suitable property and secured the tenancy quickly and in time for our initial moving date. The ongoing service has been exemplary; the landlord was contacted quickly when a problem developed and the issue resolved. We have called into the office on a few occasions and are always met in a professional and good-humoured way by all the staff, so it feels easy to pass on any concerns or feedback. No complaints whatsoever and I would recommend Northwood without hesitation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Buyer)
    B5
    Sold Price
    £122500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

This is a very efficient team. We had very good service to purchase this lovely property.I appreciate they help us a lot to complete this transaction.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

B16
    £600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It's my first time I've use an estate agent to manage my property and I was quickly recommended Northwood, Southside estate agent by my solicitor. After speaking to Nin on the phone first time, I had no concern and I wanted to use them. They were very happy to crack on my work and sorted out everything for me. I definitely recommended it. Keep up with the good work!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

B66
    £595
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service & most helpful team with all areas of the lettings process. Would highly recommenf them to any prospective landlords

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE FEES FOR A COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    271 North Street (Bedminster) (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    BS3
    £950
    Siobhan Hayes

I let my property out using Siobhan from Northwoods and she was excellent. As I was working away from home most of the time I left the property in Siobhan's hands to get all the Electrical and Gas surveys done. I also had decorating going on in the property at the time so they really had to work around the builders schedule but when the property was ready they found reputable tenants for me in a short space of time, obtained the highest rental income for the property, purchased and installed a new cooker and did the inventory for me whilst keeping me well informed throughout the whole process, all for a very minimal fee. Next time I need to find tenants for my property I will definitely be using Siobhan again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID £400 FOR SIOBHAN TO FIND TENANTS, CREDIT CHECK THEM, MAKE SURE THE HOUSEHOLD INCOME WOULD BE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO COVER THE RENT, ORGANISED GAS AND ELECTRIC CERTIFICATES, ARRANGED A NEW COOKER INSTALLATION AT THE LAST MINUTE AND COMPLETED AN INVENTORY. A GOOD PRICE IN MY EYES.”

12. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  10/04/2015

Hello Ingo, thank you for your review, I'm glad everything went well for you and I will of course be happy to help you in the future. Siobhan
  13. 1

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Daniel Harris
    WA14
    £500
    Daniel Harris

From the start me and my flat mate felt patronized and completely left alone when it came to any problems with this flat. to be fair to northwood, problems we had were due to issues with the property itself. I recently found out that the landlord was est mates (the estate agents quote) with the branch manager. This is probably why there wasn't much pressure put on the landlord to get problems solved.

Any problems we had we notified northwood in writing by email so we had a paper trail of the issues. Also because of the demeaning manor we were spoken to when contacting them. rather than... (read more)

“ADMIN FEES VERY HIGH”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“quicker response to emails. Actually sound like you want to help your tenants. I would highly recommend they get away from this landlord as the property is falling apart. the flat below us which i am guessing is owned by the same landlord had water running down all 4 walls in their apartment. they were also suffering from a leak pretty much the whole time they lived there. Most tenants moved on pretty quickly which im not surprised about at all.”

14. View All Comments (3)by fake  09/04/2015

think you might find the manager is in partnership with the landlord
  15. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    BA12
    Would you use the agent again? No

As a tenant they really did not seem to care about us, we had so many issues during our tenancy and they just said they would pass the information to the landlord and await his decision, which was usually to do nothing, at which point they felt they had done their job, even to the point of having us rent a property with a 31 year old gas boiler which had constant problems culminating in a sick family and a condemned boiler with engineers and doctors saying Carbon mon! Official complaints were met with a proposal of a £200.00 'compensation'. Complaint now gone to head office.
    I am also a landlord and there have been cases in the past where my agent (obviously not Northwood), have just gone ahead and completed appropriate works as necessary, I cannot believe that Northwood don't seem to think they have a duty of care to their Tenants and seem to feel that they have no responsibility other than to pass messages and information between tenant and landlord!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 Victoria Road (Romford) (Greater London)
    Brian last name
    No postcode selected.
    Brian last name

We have been using Brian King at Northwood estates for all our rental needs for the last 11 years. He has always been very efficient in finding us suitable tents meeting our criteria.
    We have always found him to be honest and trust worthy, we look forward to working with Brian long into the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 Victoria Road (Romford) (Greater London)
    RM3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi i`m a landlord started of some 30 yrs ago dealing with my own contracts and finding tenants as time as gone on I find its much easier for me to use an agent to do this all for me and to manage my various properties, I have chosen Northwoods and I use there Platinum scheme which takes away all my problems, I find them so helpful and i`m moving all my properties over to them, I have recently purchased a property of them with a tenant in and found that went just like clock work, I have on several occasions recommended them, they pay on time all the time I get regular property condition reports & updates on gas test due and any repairs due, its the perfect situation for me and I very pleased with them

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES I PAY ARE WORTH IT AS I DON\'T GET THE HASSEL OR HEAD ACHES”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 4 -star review by ''

David Procter, joanne wildman
    ol4
    £550
    no photono photo
    David Procterjoanne wildman

We moved into the property just before Xmas 14. The process was made easy by staff. Staff members are mostly extremely helpful. I have had dealings with David and Jo. Generally contact is easily made especially with Jo but sometimes I can be waiting for call backs. Other than that a positive start to the tenancy.

19. 3
    people found this

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    Ab32
    Would you use the agent again? No

Two month notice period is not helpful for tenants who often want to move out quickly. However this can in practice be up to three months because they insist you give notice from the anniversary of moving in (ish date they call it) as we found to our cost i.e. we wanted to move out since the beginning of July, but ended up having to pay rent until mid-September.

They have many intrusive inspections and are quite fussy regarding this. They were very harsh on the final inspection of our property, despite us havintg paid a lot of money to have it priofessionally cleaned including carpet... (read more)

20. View All Comments (2)by Matt  06/02/2015

Dear Tenant I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service received. I have no record of your complaint on file but please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further. With regard to the two month notice period and termination date of the lease, we are constrained by the law on this and we do explain this as part of our full check in service. I am sorry to hear that you believe our inspections to be intrusive. As part of our fully managed service we inspect our properties on a quarterly basis and this is for the benefit of the tenant and the landlord as part... (read more)
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nikki Ponsford
    GL3
    £750
    Nikki Ponsford

I have rented my property through Nikki at Northwoods after a recommendation. The house was a new house, and Nikki went the extra mile to ensure that the house was OK after the builders had moved out. Nikki checked the house, done the snagging list etc etc. The tenants have all been great, and the service has been excellent, I cannot recommend Nikki and her team enough. All the advice has been helpful, and the house has been checked regularly and kept to a good standard.

will use Northwoods again definitely

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AS THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT,.”

22. 1

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    Carley Warner
    RG21
    Carley Warner

Avoid Northwoods Letting! Complete and utter thieves! At the end of my tenancy, they used all these bogus companies to make up receipts of supposed work they did to the house after my departure. None of the companies had Tax id's and all the invoices were created on MS Word. On top of, they are super unprofessional. They are insanely rude and poorly spoken. At the end of the day, Northwood's is focused on drawing business in from landlords. They don't care about me their tenant, even if you pay them promptly every month. I spent over a year in a house with many repair issues. They kept rescheduling repair dates, forcing me to move out. Poor service, poor management, and houses that are tarted up to hide disrepair= avoid at all cost!

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH I WAS THE ONLY ONE WORKING IN MY HOME, THEY STILL DECIDED TO RUN A CREDIT CHECK, WHO\'S A STAY AT HOME PARENT. I WAS CHARGED £700 FOR THE PLEASURE.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“They did not act fair and were completely underhanded. I paid them rent on time, and they never bother to do repairs. In the end, they created bogus invoices for unnecessary work, and charged me for it. Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful!”

23. 1

Branch:
    48 London Road (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    AL1
    Would you use the agent again? No

Nice customer service at face value, though the process as a tenant has been awful, I personally would not use or recommend Northwood for tenants.

They with held info regarding a guarantor being able to sign remotely till the day after there cut off. (i'm self employed) I found this out while signing the contract. At that time I asked, if my guarantor could sign remotely as not local, was told yes this should be ok. I arrange moving, inform my current landlord when i'll be moving out. 2 days later Northwood told me it would not be possible. This caused a few issues, both with organising... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY SOME AGENTS HAVE EXTREMELY EXCESSIVE FEE\'S.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Obviously some agents have extremely excessive fee\'s.”

24. View All Comments (2)by tl  03/02/2015

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you felt a need to make these comments in the first place but we always strive to keep our tenants well informed and to be clear on the processes. Also as agents we have certain obligations to our landlords such as carrying out management inspections. However, we always value feedback so that we can continue to improve our service levels and, as such, I welcome the opportunity to discuss further. Please call the office or email me on timleighton@northwooduk.com
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (East Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    cr7
    Sold Price
    £210000
    Duncan Burge

Duncan assessed my property and told me what he could and could not acheive and by when.
    He was very organised and delivered. However when Duncan went on leave. His team were not so efficient, communication was bad and they were not very helpful. If you can get Duncan to sell your property then you cant go wrong. Duncan is straight forward, helpful and a really nice guy.

Comments on the Agents fees

“BECAUSE DUNCAN DID WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD, AND WAS SO HELPFUL. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIS FEES.”

26. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  03/02/2015

Thank you very much for the review. It was a pleasure to sell your property for you. I am sorry that the office staff struggled to deal with a surveyor who refused to collect keys from us.
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Alex Turner, Mike
    OL1
    £475
    no photono photo
    Alex TurnerMike

I have been a tenant with Northwood Oldham since July 2009. The service which was provided by the agency is amazing. I have dealt with all the staff they are all helpful, friendly and kind. They made me feel very comfortable and special. Recently, I had to move home and they helped me through the whole process to find the perfect property which I was trying to find. I'm very grateful for them and I will never leave this agency because I'll never find another people like Alex, Mike, David, Jo and Emily anywhere else. Thank you Northwood.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

Emily Landregan
    OL4
    £475
    Emily Landregan

Emily was helpfull throughout my initial application and the subsequent move. I needed this as hassle free as possibel due to sudden personal circumstances. The process was straightforward and well managed. I have been happy with the service since I moved in and any issues (eg my tap leaking) have been dealt with quickly.
    Overall I am very happy.

“.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

OL2
    joanne wildman

I was looking for a property in the Oldham area asmy husband moved jobs. Joanne was so helpful, really listening to my needs, to ensure I ended up with the perfect property. Well done Northwood!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

OL2
    £700
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have given me an excellent service as a tenant. Some minor maintenance issues were dealt with very promptly and to a high standard. Gas safety and property inspections are spot on regular almost to the hour each year, and whenever I have contacted the office I have only been met with a polite, friendly and extremely professional and helpful service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

OL15
    £450
    joanne wildman

I have been using Northwood for several years now to let out my property as my previous agent closed down and in any case I hadn't been satisfied with the service I was receiving.
    Northwood and in particular Joanne Wildman have provided an excellent level customer of service and any issues have been promptly and efficiently dealt with. I have a full time job and a growing family and as such being able to rely on Joanne to manage my property has been a great help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

ol1
    £525
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been with Northwood for many years and would highly recommend them to any looking to rent a property. They are always fast at sorting out any issues and are always welcoming and friendly. Northwood are quick to respond to any message left which gives me piece of mind

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

ol8
    £550
    joanne wildman

I cannot recommend Northword enough, Excellent service. The agent that i dealt with was polite, professional and extremely helpful. After stipulating my property preferences they managed to find me the perfect property to rent for myself and my son.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

ol8
    £600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have been a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. After listing my property to rent with them viewings came thick and fast. I now have a great Tenant. I would definitely recommend this company and will be using them again in the future. Thanks Northwood.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    81-83 South Street (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    Bn22
    £775
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been with northwood since early 2013, I have found the whole team to be professional, helpful and friendly. On a few occasions we have needed their help, they did not hesitate and were extremely helpful and got back to us with a solution almost immediately. Couldn't ask for better customer service! Highly recommended.