Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 989 ratings. This website contains 988 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Page last updated on: 01-Jul-2015 18:48:02

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 33)

1. 1

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    fiona bradbury, Tracey hankin
    BA 1
    £350
    fiona bradburyTracey hankin

We now live in a world where it is so easy to complain, especially on the net I would just like to point out that there are good things out there, and such is the whole team at Northwood Warminster !!!!!! Especially Fiona Bradbury and Tracey Hankin. who are always polite, courteous and professional, in all the dealings I have had with them over a number of years . Wether it was a broken lock ,gas safety certificate ,or noise from the flat above ,all dealt with promptly and a smile
    Thankyou

Comments on the Agents fees

“EVERYONE CAN BITCH ABOUT FEES BUT I THINK YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR .IF YOU DONT THEN COMPLAIN NICELY AND POLITELY THEN YOU WILL GET A GOOD RESULT.”

2. 1

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    nn5
    £995
    Daniel Dunkley

I recently move on one of their properties after a long search for a property suitable for me and my family.
    From the first moment i contact Northwood i found them extremely professional with an extraordinarily emphatic approach to all my needs,and always willing to solve any issues.
    I would recommend Northwood to all: landlords or tenants for their professionalism and dedication to fulfil your needs and expectations.

3. 2

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nikki Ponsford, Patricia Figueras
    GL4
    £675
    Nikki PonsfordPatricia Figueras

As first time Landlords my wife and I were a little apprehensive about dealing with the unknown. However from our first meeting with Nicky, and all through the process of letting (two properties) we have been very impressed with the service that we have received. They all listened to us, understood our criteria and as promised have been in contact when they said they would. Nicki viewed our property's and took the time and effort to explain the positive and negative of being a landlord, which has been very much appreciated. Most towns have plenty of Agents, Cheltenham is no exception,... (read more)

4. 2

Branch:
    17 St Johns Street (Newport Pagnell) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    Leanna Jackson
    MK43
    £600
    Leanna Jackson

Used Northwood because of the guaranteed rent scheme which also enabled me to budget and know exactly what I was going to get and also safe in the knowledge that my payments would be on time every month. Great scheme, great company and absolutely no issues. Leanne dealt with any maintenance issues quickly and efficiently without me having to get involved. All in all the best agent I've ever dealt with.

5. 1

Branch:
    I - Land Building, 70 Bromsgrove Street (Southside) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Aaran Ryatt, Sophia Hewston
    b5
    £595
    Aaran RyattSophia Hewston
    Aaran RyattSophia Hewston

thank you to all the lovely team at northwood birmingham for helping me out with the property I wanted, I am very happy and really excited to move in, it is exactly what I was looking for.�
    I found that the team at northwood are all very nice, polite and extremely helpfull.�
    I was really impressed on how you offered me a viewing straight away. I look forward to seeing you all soon.�
    Highly recommended this agents.

Regards katy.�

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  6. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Carolyn Collis
    BA12
    £850
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Carolyn Collis

Where to start! Rather than going into too much detail I will just skirt over the major issues.

1. There charges are disgustingly high with new charges seemingly added ever six months!

2. Unhelpful and will not get issues sorted within the property. On talking to the landlord who is a friend of my old neighbour he informed me Northwood never passed on the issues that needed fixing even though Northwood told me on many occasions that they had passed it on!

3. Now this one is a big concern for me and I will be going to the Rental ombudsman regarding it. I moved out of the property and... (read more)

7. View All Comments (1)by Branch Manager  29/05/2015

Dear Argyle, I am sorry to learn that you feel disappointed with our level service. I would very much like to speak to you about your concerns so that we can investigate your claims. I would ask that you contact us so that we can deal with your complaint.
  8. 1

Branch:
    207-211 Rosemount Place (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    Steven Anderson, Mairi Bonnar
    Ab51
    £675
    Steven AndersonMairi Bonnar

Brilliant service. I have selected 2 of the members I spoke to but everyone there was super. I told them my status and how I needed to find somewhere quickly and the acted on it. I couldn't have asked for better service. understood my needs. Got back to me is quick fashion. I couldn't speak highly of them.

Keep up the good work.

9. View All Comments (1)by Matt Pullinger  26/05/2015

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or constructive is very welcome.
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Kieran , mandy
    so19
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Kieran mandy

this people are a joke my partner was told after paying them £450 that if she pulled out of the property she wouldn't get any money back she was told this by Kieran I was there when this was said she was also told that if anything goes wrong for any reason she would get her money back.then a credit check was made and she failed it not knowing there was ant debt they refused to pay up in the end they payed £150 back these people lied some advice do not trust them and they talk to you like dirt

“DISGUSTING FIRM”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“they are a disgrace”

11. View All Comments (1)by Manager  26/05/2015

Dear Kevin, I am so sorry to hear that you are not happy with your service from Northwood. I will investigate further as to why the member of staff told you that this fee was refundable when it is not. It clearly states on our 'property fee guide' that this fee is not refundable, which was given to you at the property. It also states it is non refundable on our 'terms and conditions form' which you both signed in our office. I authorised a refund to you of £150.00, which was a good will gesture due to the fact that you stated you were unaware of the bad credit history.
  12. 2

Branch:
    25-26 Silver Street (Lincoln) (Lincolnshire)
    Claire Manager
    LN5
    £400
    Claire Manager

Claire, the Manager, and all the team have given me excellent service with the letting of my 2 Lincoln properties. From the first viewing, through the contract process, finding tenants and payment of my Guaranteed Rents have all been carried out in a most professional and efficient manner with a very friendly and personal approach. Even a cup of Coffee on my visit to the Office (thanks Josh!).
    Altogether a superb experience. Many Thanks.

13. 1

Karen Fairbrother, Katherine Price
    wn7
    £450
    Karen FairbrotherKatherine Price
    Karen FairbrotherKatherine Price

Both the members of staff that we dealt with were very competent, friendly and helpful. They kept us informed about what was going on . They dealt with any questions we had quickly and satisfactorily. I would recommend them as a good company to deal with.

14. 1

Branch:
    107 Union Street (Torquay) (Devon)
    Simon Beck, Sally Beck
    TQ2
    £620
    Simon BeckSally Beck

We have been with this Office for 4 years. During this time Simon Beck has provided very friendly and efficient service.

“SATISFACTORY”

15. 1

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Kieran , Sam
    so40
    £230000
    Kieran Sam

Northwoods looked after our property very well indeed and they were professional throughout our dealings with them. I would have no problem with using them again for any of our other properties and i would reccomend them to others.

16. 3

A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 Hallgate (Doncaster) (South Yorkshire)
    Jodie Fletcher, Liane Hindmarsh
    DN2
    £124950
    Jodie FletcherLiane Hindmarsh

We've had no problems would consider using them again. Would like sale board taking down though been in a week and have no idea if/when its going

17. 1

Sarah Elliott, Katherine Price
    Wn6
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price

My experience with Northwood has so far been faultless. I had a very bad experience with a previous management company, who had not looked after my interests as a landlord at all and had not monitored the tenants who caused a lot of damage. My first contact was with Michelle who met me at my property and helped and advised me on how to get my property into a rental condition again. Once it was fit to rent again, Sarah was in constant contact keeping me updated on any prospective clients. Now it has been rented Katherine completes regular inspections and keeps me informed at all times. I have... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH USING A MANAGEMENT COMPANY INVOLVES A GOOD PORTION OF YOUR RENT BEING LOST TO THEM. NORTHWOOD DO EARN THAT MONEY AND WORK HARD IN YOUR BEHALF.”

18. 3

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    No staff selected.
    YO1
    £1000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have let my property through Northwood from late 2010. They have always found excellent tenants who treated the property extremely well, and always ensured prompt payment of rent. I travel a lot, so I paid for a high level of service - dealing with issues as they arose, when they were not able to contact me. This was expensive, but a real boon for someone in my situation. Every time I needed help or advice they were always quick and gave good advice. I would happily use their services again.

19. 1

Branch:
    89 London Street (Reading) (Berkshire)
    No postcode selected.

I have known Brian

20. 1

sm1
    £175000
    Trina Pitt

My husband and I brought our first buy to let property through Northwood. Trina was extremely helpful and looked after us very well. She made our experience easy and always kept us up to date with our sale. I would use Northwood again and I would recommended to all buy to let investors.

21. 2

Trina Pitt, Conna Barker
    sm1
    £250000
    Trina PittConna Barker
    Trina PittConna Barker

Northwood are a friendly and profession company, i bought thought them with no hassle and have rented with no hassle. Trina knows the area so well witch helped me pick the right property, and Conna and the team manage the property and treat it like there own. Highly recommend Northwood to anyone who looking to buy, sell or rent.

“CHEAP!”

22. 3

Conna Barker, Elaine
    kt7
    £1300
    Conna Barkerno photo
    Conna BarkerElaine

The team at Northwood were fantastic and very nice. They made sure i understood everything and made letting my property, They are very professional, I would highly recommend Northwood to friend and family.

Comments on the Agents fees

“BETTER THAT EVER OTHER AGENT.”

23. 1

Branch:
    729 Lincoln Road (New England) (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    Colin Chapman, Andrew Brocklebank
    PE2
    £765
    Colin ChapmanAndrew Brocklebank
    Colin ChapmanAndrew Brocklebank

Very impressed with Northwood as a letting agent. From day one they were very efficient and made for a very good middle man between Tennant and Landlord. Having been at the wrong end of a bad letting agent in the past Northwood were a breath of fresh air. Friendly, helpful and keen to work with us to ensure all our deposit was returned. Excellent agent, we couldn't have asked for better. Only space to for 2 members of staff on here, but I would like to also mention Matthew as he was an asset to the branch when we originally applied for the property. A1 Agent HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! :) :) :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 4 -star review by ''

WN6
    £450
    Katherine Price

Northwood have been very helpful in dealingwith my proberty and any problems that may have occurred. The staff are very helpful and friendly and I would have no hesitation in using them inthe future. I would like to thank Steve, Kath and all the team for the service they have provided over the past 12months.

25. 2

Steve Adams, Katherine Price
    WN1
    Steve AdamsKatherine Price
    Steve AdamsKatherine Price

I reluctantly had to have someone else look after my property portfolio after it becoming to much for my wife to handle due to other priorities in our business having to be dealt with. Northwoods in wigan was recommended to me so i thought that it was worth a try with 1 or 2 properties at first just so i could try them out without commiting to much contractualy . i now have all my portfolio with them du to the fact that they have made it so easy for me to concentrate on other business while they do what there extremely good and professional at doing and far better than i ever was or my wife! The properties are in great hands and i am very confident that there being looked after.
    i have recommended other family members to use them.

26. 3

KT7
    £1200
    Bill Sellers

Very professional organisation with extremely helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend Northwood to family and friends and will certainly use them myself again in the future

27. 1

Branch:
    89 London Street (Reading) (Berkshire)
    Brian "Mitch" Mitchison, Sarah Dobson
    RG1
    £750
    Brian "Mitch" MitchisonSarah Dobson
    Brian "Mitch" MitchisonSarah Dobson

After an initial contract of 6 months, the efficient service by the staff at Northwood made it easy to decide to stay here for an extra 2 months that we were in the region for. The staff were very friendly and quick to respond to any issues that came up during our stay in the property. Very professional service, with good communication if any visits took place.

The only reason why we left the property is due to a new job in another country. Can't rate highly enough for the standard of service provided to us, many thanks!

28. 2

Sales (as a Vendor)
    WN6
    £60000
    Nicola Winnard

I would like to thank everyone at Northwood especially Nicola Winnard for the professional way they handled the sale of our property. We were informed regularly about interest and how things were progressing. Excellent service thank you.

“VERY GOOD”

29. 3

Property Management
    Elaine , Bill Sellers
    sm2
    no photoBill Sellers
    Elaine Bill Sellers

Elaine and other members of staff at Northwood Sutton are very professional, friendly and offer excellent customer service. I am very pleased, satisfied with their services and will definitely recommend Northwood Sutton to friends, colleagues and family who need the services of a property/estate management company.

30. 2

Branch:
    621 Church Street (Hove) (Brighton) (Brighton and Hove)
    No staff selected.
    BN1
    £850
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

All problems or issues with the flat that arose were dealt with quickly and without question.
    Any of the staff that we spoke to were also very nice and helpful. Best letting agent we have used in Brighton.

31. 3

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (East Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    se13
    £260000
    Duncan Burge

Duncan showed us the property without being pushy or indulging in the kind of off-putting hard-sale talk that most estate agents tend to use. There was no hard-sell or unrealistic assessments of the property. After we had an offer accepted, we were allowed to visit again, this was most appreciated. He was helpful getting slow-acting solicitors to communicate with one another and moving the process along. At no point did he put us under any pressure or contribute to our anxiety during this long-winded process. There are many estate agents in London I would not use again, Duncan I would be happy to recommend to anyone and would be approaching them if it ever comes to seeling up. Thanks!

32. 4

Conna Barker, Elaine
    SM2
    £1400
    Conna Barkerno photo
    Conna BarkerElaine

Great personal, friendly service, would highly recommend. Conna and Elaine are both very efficient if there has ever been a query or property problem.

“FAIR”

33. 4

A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Gosia Prazeniak
    Le18
    £498
    Gosia Prazeniak

We are really happy with the way Northwood have managed our property. They have been extremely Professional and have kept as totally informed throughout the whole process. Especially reassuring is their guarantee to hand over your property in the condition you gave it in the first place. Excellent customer service and the guaranteed rent schemeare are bonus. Knowing they will take care of any problems and have done so, gives great peace of mind. I would have no hesitation in recommending them as an agency