Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 2084 ratings. This website contains 2080 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 165 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Northwood is a growing network of independently owned businesses operating with a common goal; to provide a professional service and take the risks out of being a landlord.

Our highly popular Guaranteed Rent service ensures you get the rent even if the tenant fails to pay. What's more we cover void periods and any legal issues associated with problem tenants - what's more, there is no commission and no fees.

We also offer traditional lettings and sales services too and have become leaders in buy to let properties. Each office has a local director who is hands on ensuring local knowledge and national strength.

As founding members of SAFEagent, we pride ourselves on complying with every element of legislation & regulation and continue our campaign to improve consumer rights.

Page last updated on: 04-Sep-2015 13:20:21

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 70)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Emily Hunnybun, Hannah Rylatt
    Ls17
    £750
    Emily HunnybunHannah Rylatt

The agents are very prompt in answering queries regarding repairs that needed to be carried. Rents statments are sent out regularly with any invoices. I have always found the staff at Northwood very friendly. When I first put up the property on rent and gave them the details of the kind of tenants I was looking for and they found the correcttenants. They definitely listen to what you say. I would highly recommend Northwood for any landlord.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Ls7
    £150000
    Jon Roberts

Always helpful nothing an issue. Positive experience. I would recommend this company to others in a similar position to myself

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Amy Kessler, Sadia Mian
    Wa11
    £450
    Amy KesslerSadia Mian

Hi,
    I have used Northwood in Warrington for three years after going through numerous other estate agents. The ladies at Northwood are a pleasure to deal with. They are professional, helpful and look after their tenants as much as their landlords. Any issues with my properties are dealt with efficiently and if they feel I am not acting quickly enough to deal with any issues they let me know!!!

4. 1

Bethany Cheetham
    Wa5
    £750
    Bethany Cheetham

I've been renting for many years but I have never been made to feel as special and welcome as the girls at Northwood made me feel.
    The staff always go above and beyond to help and it has always been a pleasure dealing with them. I've recently had a baby and the girls even sent us a card!
    It is an absolute dream renting from Northwood. I know many other letting agents who could learn a thing or two from them 😃

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE REASONABLE AND THERE WAS NO PRESSURE TO PROVIDE ALL THE MONEY STRAIGHT AWAY. I SECURED THE PROPERTY AND PAID THE REST WHEN WE CHECKED IN.”

5. 1

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Simon Bell, Katie Weymes
    PO6
    £301000
    Simon BellKatie Weymes

We recently purchased a property that Northwood had listed. From the outset, Katie was professional and honest in the details surrounding the sale. Unfortunately, the vendor was of a certain personality which made the process extremely difficult when our buyer delayed proceedings.
    Although we were

6. 1

Sales (as a Buyer)
    po2
    £175000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was impressed by the service given by Northwood. As first time purchaser I wasn't exceptionally acquainted with all techniques when purchasing a house yet with the assistance of Simon the whole process was hassle free.

7. 1

Po5
    £575
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Reliable agency with excitement customer service. Helped me finding a nice little flat and making sure the flat was in good condition before I moving in. Thank you.

8. 1

Adam Ford, Andy Leo
    LS72
    £142500
    Adam FordAndy Leo

I was not only impressed but felt totally confident of the way Northwood explained to me how to rent my property through them. I was a first time landlord, and was to live abroad, so I had to be happy and relaxed knowing my property was in good hands....it was.
    I have no complaints at all. They were polite, professional, helpful and also eventually sold my property once a time was agreed. Again, through the sale, they provided excellent feedback, sound advice and never made me feel as if I was taking time from their hands.

Best of Luck Northwood in your growing future.

“VERY COMPETITIVE”

9. 1

Property Management
    CH49
    Peter Bellamy

I have been dealing with Northwood in West Derby and Allerton since April 2011 and have always found them to be honest, reliable and efficient.
    Telephone calls are always answered promptly and calls are returned where needed. They do genuinely want to get the job done properly. What else do you need?

10. 1

Admin
    LU5
    Peter Bellamy

We have worked with Northwood for neatly 10 years and have found them very professional in every aspect if their business

11. 1

Samuel McNally, Mel Gazur
    Po6
    Samuel McNallyMel Gazur

We have been dealing with Northwood Portsmouth in regard to this property for over five years and their attention to detail, efficient, friendly service is second to none. They are approachable, business like and open to negotiation. We would recommend them every time and we do :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE AND FAIR AND VALUE FOR MONEY”

12. 1

Sales (Prospective customer)
    LS8
    Jon Roberts

My experience with Northwood was first class, they talked me through every step of selling my house from the first initial valuation to the completion.
    I will certainly be recommending the to family and friends.

13. 1

Andy Leo, Adam Ford
    Ls8
    £195000
    Andy LeoAdam Ford

My first experience of Nirthwood was Adam coming to value my house. He suggested a slightly higher price than others but seemed confident he could get it. I gave him a go and after about 2 weeks we had an offer. Andy took over then and kept in touch whilst solicitors tried to drive me mental! He was a great calming influence and the only person at this stage who talked to me like a human being and not someone they just wanted off the phone. Thankfully it's all over now but next time I move they will be the first people I call.

14. 1

Property Management
    Andy Leo, Laura Withers
    LS8
    £495
    Andy LeoLaura Withers

This agent has found a tenant for our flat on 3 occasions. They also manage the property. They provide an excellent, very comprehensive professional service. They communicate very well and keep us informed in all aspects of letting out the flat and managing it. They are very helpful and knowledgeable and we trust their guidance in all property matters. We feel our property is in safe and responsible hands with them. We also feel they provide a very good service to the tenants, dealing with any issues they may face with the property promptly and efficiently. We feel we can thoroughly rely on this agent for our property matters.

15. 1

£165000
    Emma Canavan

I will definitely be recommending Northwood to all my family and friends. Emma was really helpful and kept me up to date throughout the whole process. Would like to thank everyone at Northwood for making our move stress free.

16. 1

L36
    £475
    Emma Canavan

When we arrived at the property the agent, Emma, was very friendly and welcoming. She showed me around the property and let me look round at my own pace. She was attentive to my needs and very knowledgeable, as she answered all my questions fully. She was very thorough when explaining of the fees/rent etc.
    Also what I was particularly impressed about was the attention Emma paid to my 3 year old son, who I had brought along with me. Clearly he was getting bored looking at an empty house however while we looked round, Emma was talking to him and trying to keep him entertained along with dealing with a viewing.

17. 1

Ls7
    £190000
    Jon Roberts

Great service throughout, kept me updated regarding interest and viewings that they had booked in. When an offer came in they negotiated it very well and got me over what i was willing to accept. I couldn't fault Northwood for their service and constant communication. Special mention to Jon as he was always quick to answer any queries I had.

18. 1

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG22
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a landlord with Northwood in Basingstoke for nearly 9 years on the guaranteed rent level of service. I have never had to worry about my rent being paid as the amount is fixed regardless of tenant. The team at Northwood are fantastic to deal with, friendly and always prompt to answer any queries. I would not hesitate to recommend them to other landlords.

19. 1

Layla Swainbank

Layla was very helpful and professional in my dealings with her and I would highly recommend her and her team.

20. 1

£450
    Andy Leo

Absolutely can not fault Northwood, Harrogate Road, Leeds. Each time our flat has come up for rent they have acted quickly & professionally. The listing has gone up almost instantly, viewings booked within days and suitable tenants sorted and selected within a week. As first time landlords, we have been given really useful advice, even when not in the new tenant process. We have mostly dealt with Andy, but all the staff we have encountered are pleasant, helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the area.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL WORTH IT EVERYTIME!”

21. 1

ls74
    £850
    Andy Leo

Andy has provided excellent service over the last 2 yrs both when I was buying the property & more recently in my search for a tenant. Service has always been efficient, fast, friendly & reliable as well as competitively priced. I would strongly recommend this branch of Northwoods for both buying & renting.

22. 1

£299995
    Peter Allison

We moved a few years back and between the agent and solicitor it was a nightmare having to constantly chase the two up and basically do their jobs for them, so we were dreading moving again.
    This time round was much different, Northwood did pretty much everything for us and kept us up to date with what was going on the whole way without us having to ask, anything we did ring them for was sorted straight away, they couldn't do enough for us.
    They were great sorting out viewings to suit us, and the house sold pretty much straight away so couldn't really ask for more.
    Would definitely use again!

23. 1

Laura Withers, Adam Ford
    £1195
    Laura WithersAdam Ford

1st class service - always. Very friendly staff and always do what they say they will. Happy to recommend them to anyone (and I do!)

24. 1

Laura Withers
    Ls17
    £895
    Laura Withers

Northwood rented my house for 3 years. Laura has looked after the little maintenance jobs that crop up very well. She makes it very simple every time and I always feel she has me and my tenants interests in mind.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT IN LINE WITH OTHERS IN AREA SO FAIR ENOUGH GIVEN HOW WELL THEY LOOKED AFTER ME”

25. 1

Sadia, Cathy, Aimy, Beth
    WA8
    £550
    Sadia, Cathy, Aimy, Beth

I have found all contact with the staff at Northwood to be excellent, they are very helpful when there are any problems. The service is second to none. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I CANNOT COMMENT ON THESE AS I HAVE NOT USED ANY OTHERS. I FEEL THEY ARE GOOD FOR ME.”

26. 1

Mark Nesbit

I went to view a property with Northwood and within days of placing my application I was accepted. I had never rented before and the service I received was terrific. They made the whole process so easy and i would recommend them to anyone.

27. 1

Po5
    £595
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been renting a flat from Northwood for almost two years. They are very fast at responding all queries and maintenance issues dealt very promptly with professional manner. Thoroughly recommended!

28. 1

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Fran Burke
    L1
    £650
    Fran Burke

I turned up for my viewing at Pilgrim Street and the agent Fran was waiting for me, she was very attentive and explained all aspects of the process from the application to fees and what was required from me, she was very friendly and approachable and I would recommend her to anyone looking to view with Northwood, thank you Fran, wish all agents were as knowledgeable and friendly as you.

“N/A”

29. 1

Laura Withers, Georgia Morley
    £850
    Laura WithersGeorgia Morley

Always find everyone supportive and helpful. Whenever I email or phone get an instant answer to my query and everyone is positive and friendly. Northwood give a professional service at all times. They are knowledgeable about the area and the business too.

30. 1

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    LS
    £1200
    Peter Allison

Excellent local knowledge and a very welcoming team. Discussed a number of suitable options for my budget without being too ' salesy ' . Would recommend them to friends and family,