Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 578 ratings. This website contains 577 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 20)

Page last updated on: 20-Sep-2014 23:04:41

1. A 5-star review by 'K.Martin' 14/8/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street ( ) (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX39

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Right from the start the information we received was accurate and informative. No pressure was put on us to make any decisions and Sean and Margaret always acted professionally and efficiently but with a friendly manner.
    Since they became our agents, any problems have been dealt with efficiently and promptly. Infact we are so reassured by their service that we can just sit back and relax!

2. A 4-star review by 'atennent' 13/8/2014

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    M16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This was the first time I've ever used an agency (all my previous rentals have been direct through a landlord and have always gone well) and having heard several horror stories I was a little apprehensive. However my experience with Northwood, Warrington was good. Though I don't like the idea of agency fees in general (I think rent prices should incorporate them) and there was some (resolved) confusion over a checkout cost, their fees appear to be considerably less than several other agencies I've come across.

Northwood were quick to respond to most issues that came up during my tenancy, were pleasant to deal with, and returned my deposit in full at the end of the tenancy.

3. A 5-star review by 'Clive Taylor' 12/8/2014

Dean Walford
    DA1

Dean Walford

We were first time landlords and Northwood were recommended to us by a friend. We dealt with Dean Walford and after weighing up the options we went for their guaranteed rent scheme which completely removed any risk on our part. The service was professional and prompt and we have now signed up for a 3 year guaranteed agreement.

4. A 5-star review by 'Mrs I' 11/8/2014

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Nn1
    £1500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using the Northampton branch of Northwood for over 4 years now and I have been extremely happy with the professional service I have had during my time with them. I have been on the scheme where they guarentee my rent to me whatever happens and they have never missed a payment. As soon as there is a maintenance problem they contact me and it is sorted out quickly and with no fuss.

As a landlady I am very happy

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO FEES ON THE GUARENTEED SCHEME”

5. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Burnett' 8/8/2014

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nick Harris
    GL52
    £950

Nick Harris

Brilliant service from Northwood Cheltenham. Having used several agencies in the past I have always found service to be very poor until I dealt with Nikki at Northwood. She was extremley professional and friendly along with the rest of the team I met. Inspections were carried out every three months but ample notice was always provided and upon check out a full report was produced with some minor cleaning issues in which we were allowed to go back and attend to. I am happy to say our depoist was returned in full and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to rent.

6. A 5-star review by 'O\'NEIL' 8/8/2014

Mike Evans
    CF72

Mike Evans

We have been customer tenants with Northwood Cardiff for nearly 6 years. From the very beginning of our tenancy right to the very end, they have always been very professional and courteous throughout. As an estate agent myself, I must say that they were all absolutely amazing, with special thanks to the Manager, Mike Evans.

We experienced the usual maintenance problems with our property, but, they were always remedied swiftly by Northwood's team of contractors. I cannot recommend this company enough - thank you for the last 6 years !!!

7. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Scott Melvin' 4/8/2014

Steven Mearns
    AB51
    £600

Steven Mearns

I have had an excellent experience from the first phone call with Northwood in Aberdeen. They offered a free no obligation home visit to suit myself as and when i would be in and explained in simple detail what i would need to do to start letting my property. Matt was very helpful and always contactable if required. The company found and leased my property very quickly and limited the disturbance of too many potential tenant visits. They advertised the property professionally and made it look as good as it was with the help of quality photos taken by Steven. The team set up and dealt with all the insurance and certification required to rent a property and were better value than many main stream companies. Overall i would recommend Northwood to anyone wishing to lease or rent a property in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire as they couldn’t have made the process any more hassle free. Very pleased

Comments on the Agents fees

“GOOD VALUE AND WITH GUARANTEED RENT IT COMES WITH PEACE OF MIND”

8. A 5-star review by 'Rachel Morris' 30/7/2014

Branch:
    1b Hoole Road (Chester) (Cheshire)
    Helen Cameron
    CH4
    £550

Helen Cameron

I have rented my property with Northwood Chester for the last 5 years on their Guaranteed Rent Scheme. The scheme has worked so well for me and my husband, the Northwood staff have been so helpful and really care about my property. I would recommend Northwood to anyone else. We also have a house rented with Northwood Wrexham and they are just as good. 10/10 for all the Northwood offices!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE ON THE GUARANTEED RENT SCHEME AND THERE ARE NO FEES AS SUCH. NORTHWOOD GUARANTEE ME £420.00 PER MONTH ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED. THE TENANT THEN PAYS NORTHWOOD £550 PER MONTH SO NORTHWOOD MAKE THERE £130.00 PER MONTH PROFIT FROM THAT. ALTHOUGH ABOUT 18 MONTHS AGO, MY TENANT MISSED 3 RENTAL PAYMENTS BUT I STILL RECEIVED MY £420.00 WHILST NORTHWOOD TOOK THE HIT ON THE RENT AND WENT TO COURT WITH THE TENANT TO RETRIEVE THE OUTSTANDING RENT. ONCE THE TENANT FINALLY LEFT (WITHOUT PAYING BACK ANY OF THE ARREARS) WE HAD A 2 MONTH VACANT PERIOD WHILST WE RE-LET THE PROPERTY, DURING THIS TWO MONTH PERIOD I STILL RECEIVED MY £420.00 REGARDLESS. VERY GOOD SCHEME FOR PEACE OF MIND!”

9. A 5-star review by 'Neil' 30/7/2014

CF72
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using Northwood in Cardiff for a number of years to let my property and always found the staff approachable and professional. They make the letting process very straightforward with a very transparent charging structure. I have now used agents in other areas of the country where Northwood don't have a presence and the contrast in the service provided couldn't be more stark increasing my workload considerably. I highly recommend Northwood Cardiff

10. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Dave' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    62 Church Street (Hove) (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    BN3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely appalling service. Avoid using this agency at all costs. By far the most incompetent agency I have ever dealt with, they take months to action any issue you have with a flat. They dont have any decent contractors/traders when issues go wrong. I had multiple issues with my flat, including security issue that they took 4 months to action. Completely unacceptable. Useless property managers, I had to basically chase / call do everything myself. Staff have no organisational skills between them. Warning all landlords and tenants - avoid using this company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE EXPENSIVE AROUND THE 200POUNDS MARK, WHICH I WOULD EXPECT A FANTASTIC SERVICE TO BE PROVIDED FOR THIS WHICH IT CERTAINLY WAS NOT.”

1. A 5-star review by 'callum cowan' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    ne16
    Sold Price
    £124000

cant fault Northwood sales and lettings Newcastle branch

ive used them them over the years to buy, sell and let out property

staff from the very top down are great to deal with and ive always been over the moon with the advice and service received

always my first port of call to buy/sell or use their landlord services

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE COMPARABLE WITH OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA, HOWEVER NORTHWOOD REPRESENT FAR BETTER VALUE FOR MONEY”

2. A 5-star review by 'Gill' 26/7/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Siobhan Hayes
    BS14
    £750

Siobhan Hayes

The Bedminster branch of Northwood have dealt with letting my house under the Platinum rent guarentee scheme, since July 2012 , relieving me of the previous stress of finding regular paying tenants. Northwood guarentee a monthly rent all year on this scheme even if the property is empty for a few days inbetween lets.
    I cannot praise Siobhan Hayes enough, she's a real asset to the Northwood company.
    She thinks outside the box when dealing with my tenants and my property, rather than constantly contacting me, as other agents have in the past.
    Often, I don't realise that a new tenant has moved in until my neighbour mentions it, as the process runs so smoothly when Siobhan looks after it.
    I'd thoroughly recommend other private landlords to use this company if they'd like to avoid sleepless nights worrying about their unreliable tenants ....from one who knows !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  3. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  15/09/2014

Hello Gill, thank you for your review and kind words. Many thanks Siobhan
  4. A 4-star review by 'Mr B' 25/7/2014

SK11
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a tenant with Northwood for 6 months and I had no issues, I found all staff to be helpful with queries I had regarding the property and renting procedure. Would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE REASONABLE & COMPETITIVE”

5. A 1-star review by 'fume' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    so18
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Unprofessional "*"... Right from the moment I handed over my deposit the women started slagging off tenants. I have not been in my property long but have never had a house up together I'm constantly waiting on jobs that are consistently lied about. They have now lied through their teeth on three separate occasions putting all blame on me to the point where they are now letting contractors in my house when I'm not there with no choice and very little warning, I have now come home today after being away and my back door has been left open over night now obviously I called straight away but yet again this is normal behaviour from them saying its my fault I weren't in last week even though I had no definite day to stay in... I'm sure they think people don't work! But basically they love and argument and are never wrong. From 7 landlords/ estate agents iv never had problems and rudeness like this. Every job that's needed doing has taken 6 months to sort. This company is a joke! Run by monkeys that have no idea what the word communication means

6. A 3-star review by 'Ally' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    33 Albert Square (Dundee) (Dundee City)
    DD2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood overall have been brilliant but their rating has been reduced due to the ending of the agreement prior to moving out :(

To start with they want to start letting people see 2 months before you move out, the potential to cause you a lot of hassles over the last 2 months! However, I understand why. We ensured the house was clean and presentable and continued to do so and they never even told us they had it re rented out? We were still putting off appointments and arrangements and they never even told us they did not need back in! Very annoying indeed, especially when I work offshore... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE HOUSE WAS REASONABLY PRICED. NOT WORTH MUCH MORE DUE TO THE POOR FINISH INSIDE AND STANDARD OF THE BUILD.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Hay' 24/7/2014

Scott Morrison
    AB10
    £700

Scott Morrison

I have found Northwood to be very helpful in all aspects of leasing a property from them compared to my experience with other agencies in the past. If we have ever had any maintenance issue with the flat it has been dealt with as promptly as possible by the excellent staff and we have been kept informed along the way. From the viewing through to signing of the lease and any further contact we've had with them they have always been courteous and professional.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK ALL FEES CHARGED BY LEASING AGENCIES ARE RIDICULOUS. THIS ISN\'T A SLIGHT ON NORTHWOOD.”

8. A 5-star review by 'sue whaley' 24/7/2014

SK11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood Macclesfield for over 3 years now on the Guaranteed Rent scheme for my three properties and have found the service to be very good. For me the best part of the service is not having to worry about rents coming in or empty periods and this has certainly made life as a landlord very easy. Maintenance issues have been dealt with promptly and they have always kept me informed. I would certainly recommend Northwood in Macclesfield and their Guaranteed rent scheme”

9. A 5-star review by 'Rachel' 24/7/2014

CF5
    £595
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am currently letting with Northwood and I have experienced excellent service. They have been very professional and approachable in all aspects, all the staff are lovely! They have had no problem with us making the house our home and have let us paint the house and maintain the garden in the manner that we wish. I have found previous letting agents are very negative when it comes to the idea of any home improvement, even just a fresh coat of white paint.
    They have been very quick in handling any problems and the repair company they use is fab!

I would highly recommend letting with Northwood.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLY PRICED AND SERVICE ON MOVE IN DAY WAS FAB, THE AGENT PHOTOED THE WHOLE HOUSE, AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME WITH US ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND SHOWING US WHERE EVERYTHING IS...I HAVE BEEN WITH PREVIOUS LETTERS IN CARDIFF WHO COULDN\'T TELL ME WHERE THE ELECTRIC METER IS. WELL WORTH THE AGENTS FEES.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Rachel' 24/7/2014

CF5
    £595
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would highly recommend letting with Northwood.

11. A 5-star review by 'bromley lauren' 23/7/2014

br2
    £1450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am a first time landlady, so was looking for a Company that could help guide me through the rental process. I found the help and advice from Northwood very helpful. I was pleased with the marketing of my property and tenants were found very quickly. Northwood carried out reference checks on the prospective tenants which found the them to be solid and reliable and the whole process was completed quickly, efficiently and with a minimum hasle

“FEES SEEMED REASONABLE”

1. A 1-star review by 'M S' 22/7/2014

AB11
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Recommend if you would like to be robbed. We were waiting for your deposit 3 months, they took 100 pounds of us just for cleaning dust from radiators (the check up was a week after I handed the keys back so I am assuming he dust appear in this time). Additionally they didn't pay their administration fee at the deposit company they made us to pay another 30 pounds for them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WERE UPLIFTED COUPLE TIME HOWEVER IF WE WANTED THEM TO DO SOMETHING AT THE FLAT, WE HAD TO BEG FOR MONTH AND THEY NEVER DID ANYTHING.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“they should recommend different agency because they are useless.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (1)by Matt Pullinger  23/07/2014

Dear Tenant I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service received. I have no record of your complaint on file but please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further. As you may know deposits are now protected in Scotland therefore they are dependent upon an agreement from the tenant and the landlord in terms of a proposal, which is the only basis that we would submit a proposal. Therefore there would never be a case where any tenant waits three months for a deposit as they simply login and make a proposal which means that the landlord must respond within 30 days. In addition to this the company we use to protect the deposit are government approved and a not-for-profit organisation therefore there are no charges to protect the deposit or submit a proposal. Once again our sincere apologies. Yours sincerely Matt Pullinger
  3. A 5-star review by 'Ed' 22/7/2014

sk11
    £600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Rented through Northwood in Macclesfield and found them to be helpful. Had a couple of issues with the property which they sorted out quickly and deatl with it all for me. Happy to use them again.

4. A 5-star review by 'Ian Masters' 21/7/2014

Branch:
    81-83 South Street (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    BN21
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I initially made contact with Northwood to learn more about their Guaranteed Rental Income scheme, having heard their advert "all the time" on the radio! As the scheme "Does what it says on the tin" I initially placed one of my properties with them but was so pleased with the excellent service I later placed my other properties with Eastbourne as and when they became available. The team in Eastbourne have all been very helpful and professional, nothing seems too much trouble for them. Now they have sold my portfolio to other landlords as I'm emigrating. Thanks Northwood!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WITH THE GUARANTEED RENTAL SCHEME THERE WERE NO ADDITIONAL FEES FOR ME TO PAY”

5. A 5-star review by 'madelene' 18/7/2014

, steven matt
    ab16

steven matt

I'm honestly shocked about some of these reviews. Northwood have looked after pure property for over 5 years. They have been open and transparent throughout this time. We have always been paid on time, and any deductions to the bill ie for gas safety certificates are checked in advance. Any repairs have been made or dealt with via the company. I have recommended Northwood on many occasions and will continue to do so.

If you are considering renting out your property I urge you to consider the guaranteed rent scheme. It has been an absolutely problem free experience for us.

I cannot recommend this company and staff enough.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOR US, THE FEE TAKEN BY NORTHWOOD ENSURES THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS. I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT T. THEY ARE PAID. IT IS EARNT FOR AN EXCELLENT SERVICE.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Heath' 17/7/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Wr1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I found this agency to be very friendly in all dealings, extremely professional and above all helpful. Their fees are extremely reasonable and lower than a lot of other agents I have used previously. Lauren was great in helping me find a place and organising my move in. I really couldn't have asked for a better service. Highly Recommend!

7. A 5-star review by 'Jim Davies' 17/7/2014

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Duncan Burge
    SE5
    Sold Price
    £380000

Duncan Burge

I recently bought a flat in SE5 through Northlands, Dulwich, who provided me with first class service from start to finish. Duncan was happy to show me the property and provide answers to all my questions on two consecutive evenings at very short notice. Without his prompt and knowledgeable service I would likely not have made an offer. During the transaction Northlands were very accessible, always calling back promptly to any messages, quickly finding answers and being proactive in liaising between me, the vendor and both sets of solicitors. Northlands run a very professional operation

8. A 5-star review by 'Felicity' 15/7/2014

SE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After having tenants renting our property for over 30 years, we were concerned when they left due to age.

What would we do?

We needn't have worried when we came across Northwood Bromley. It is a pleasure renting through them. It is the first time we have rented our property through an agent and we have been thoroughly satisfied with the services provided and and a good response to any problem.

9. A 5-star review by 'Joanne' 15/7/2014

, Steven Anderson
    AB22
    £700

Steven Anderson

Steven has been really helpful with our recent flood at our flat. The maintenance lady, Elinor was also really good, arranging contractors and access while I was at work. Compared to the last agent we rented a flat from, Northwood are really good - thanks.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WEREN\'T CHARGED ANY FEES BY NORTHWOOD. AGENTS AREN\'T ALLOWED TO CHARGE FEES IN SCOTLAND.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Kris' 15/7/2014

ab10
    £800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been with Northwood for about a year now and have recently had to move flat after our previous landlord wished to take back the property. Northwood have always been helpful and dealt with any issues in a timely, friendly manner. During our move they have been exceptionally helpful and made the move as stress free as possible. We are grateful to the Northwood team who have always gone above and beyond to help us and we are glad to have found another property with them as we would not trust any other agency like we do Northwood.

11. A 5-star review by 'Sean Warren' 14/7/2014

Stuart Attwood
    DA14
    £750

Stuart Attwood

I was extremely pleased with the service I received, and Stuart showed remarkable patience when I was phoning him every 30 seconds!
    Stuart pushed everything along with great professionalism and haste, which was very good for me as I had fallen in love with the property and wanted to move in as soon as possible.
    I'm now happily installed at the flat and if I have any questions, stuart answers them promptly and efficiently, if I was forced to make a negative comment the only thing I could come up with is the parking at the branch.
    I am, by any definition, a very satisfied customer.

Sean Warren

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT EXCESSIVE, ABUT RIGHT.”