Browse agents by letter

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 812 ratings. This website contains 811 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Overall Customer Rating

4.23 out of 5.00

• 666 recommend
  • 146 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 01-Apr-2015 17:32:47

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 28)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Kuia Ward
    nn5
    £475
    Kuia Ward

I have recently became a tennant of Northwood. I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at the northampton office, Kuia especially was incredibly helpful, very knowledgeable and kept me informed at all times. Great friendly helpful service throughout from start to finish, i would definitely use them again.

2. 3
    people found this

Jonathan Edwards, Lauren Allcoat
    wr1
    Jonathan Edwards no photo
    Jonathon EdwardsLauren Allcoat

My experience of Northwood had been nothing short of outstanding. I had a small issue on one property with a contractor and Jon dealt with it superbly and with the impost processional conduct. All other staff are friendly and efficient. I have two properties with Northwood that have been let this year and both let on the first day of viewings,I can't say better than that. Special thanks to Lauren and Suzanna who are very efficient and friendly. I really like the feedback Laurent provided about what to do in order to improve the prospect of it being let.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    46-48 George Street (Oldham) (Lancashire)
    OL1
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very pleased with the service. Also very pleased with the guaranteed rent scheme - such a good idea for peace of mind. The team in the office are helpful and made the whole process very easy, would definitely recommend, 5 stars.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    36 High Street ( ) (Sandbach) (Cheshire)
    CW1
    £1295
    Andy Heath

I have found Northwood Sandbach to be proactive and helpful. In the event that a tenant falls behind with the rent, prompt action is taken to resolve the matter. They provide friendly advice and understand fully the problems landlords can face from time to time. Andy has also provided good advice on my property portfolio. I would not hesitate to recommend them!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

£725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very professional service, great communication - a pleasure to deal with, as always. Very proactive regarding marketing suggestions, thorough reference checks.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    21 St John Maddermarket (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    , Stephen Summerhayes
    NR8
    £625
    Stephen Summerhayes

Having rented from Northwood Norwich for the last two years I can only say good things about them. The staff are friendly and helpful and have aimed to help with any issues as quickly as the situation has allowed.
    When we first rented the property they were helpful, friendly and upfront with all the costs involved. We felt valued and not just 'another tenant', unlike other agents who we have used in the past they have always been really helpful and we will continue to rent through them as long as the landlord allows us too!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“CLEAR AND UPFRONT WITH ALL FEES. GIVEN FEE GUIDE ON MOVE IN WHICH OUTLINED ALL FEES DUE AND THOSE WHICH MAY BE PAYABLE IN THE FUTURE. VERY REASONABLE AND HAVING RENTED WITH VARIOUS AGENTS IN NORWICH ALSO ONE OF THE MOST REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  7. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    36 High Street ( ) (Sandbach) (Cheshire)
    Cw11
    £925
    Andy Heath

We use Northwood to let our Sandbach property. From our first meeting with Andy the service has been very good. Friendly and professional. They are extremely responsive to our queries be they via email or telephone.

A reliable long term tenant was found quickly. Regular inspections of the property are made, with feedback provided following each inspection.

This is our first experience as a Landlord, and Northwood have made the entire process straightforward and worry free.

Rent is paid on time every month.

So far so good - long may it continue. We would certainly recommend Northwood, Sandbach as a letting agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE ON A GUARANTEED RENT CONTRACT SO ALL FEES ARE WRAPPED UP IN THE CONTRACT.”

8. 2
    people found this

Jonathan Edwards, Lauren Allcoat
    £800
    Jonathan Edwards no photo
    Jonathon EdwardsLauren Allcoat

An overall superb experience with the team at Northwood Worcester in the 2 years plus I have dealt with them in my capacity as a Landlord. I moved my business to Jon and the team following an extremely poor run of service with another Letting Agent locally and found them to be a breath of fresh air compared to what I had been used to up to that point. Keep up the good work guys and look forward to dealing with you again in 2015!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15-17 Broad Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Rg40
    £1150
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were with them for three years and they were fantastic from start to finish. Really helpful and made renting a good experience.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    70 Bromsgrove Street (Southside) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    B42
    £117500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood Birmingham for several years, over the last 4 years they have helped me rent my property out to very good tenants and most recently I have sold that property. I found that everyone I dealt with was professional all of the time, they listened to my needs and met them. I would recommend them to anyone that is looking to rent or sell a property.
    I will use them again in the future without a doubt.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD FEES, THEY WERE THE BEST PRICE COMPAIRED TO OTHER ESTATE AGENCIES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Paul Ryder
    BN22
    £500
    Paul Ryder

This is a really first class service. Paul listened to my concerns about letting the property and the tenants I have had there have been great. The staff are friendly and helpful whenever I ring with a query and they keep me informed with anything I need to know about the tenants or the property. I never need to worry about anything. Thanks to all of you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE FEES WERE BEFORE I SIGNED THE CONTRACT AND CONSIDER THEM TO BE FAIR IN RELATION TO THE SERVICE PROVIDED.”

13. 1

Ailsa McWhirter
    £1300
    Ailsa McWhirter

I met with Ailsa at a viewing appointment. I was greeted with a warm smile which was maintained throughout the appointment. Ailsa conducted the viewing in a professional manner and was not only able to answer any questions I had, with being very knowledgeable in the area of discussion, but I enjoyed speaking with someone who so clearly enjoyed their job. After what felt like a long day of viewings I'm glad Northwood was my last appointment of the day, saving the best till last. I highly recommend Northwood, for not only the calibre of their staff but also the quality of their properties.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ILLEGAL IN SCOTLAND”

14. View All Comments (1)by Matt  21/01/2015

15. A 5 -star review by ''

kay hardy
    BN21
    kay hardy

We have always found all members of staff to be most helpful in all aspects of letting. More than willing to give guidance and advice, even by phone or text. This is the quick and accurate service one needs in a very buoyant market that we find are selfs, in letting selling and buying. We will be seeking there very professional service as soon as they open in 2015. Wish all members of staff a Happy and healthy new year. Thank you

“VERY GOOD”

16. 1

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    Amy
    YO 1
    £675
    Amy

I have been with Northwood in York for a few years, but recently the service has improved significantly, and this I must attribute to Amy Cranfield. She has been most assiduous in following up matters, replying to my queries, organising cleaners and painters and in keeping me in the picture.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    LE18
    £530
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Friendly, approachable, professional staff. From my initial dealings with Andy over a decade ago to the latest arrivals to the team. All have contributed in a positive way in delivering a first class service.
    Due to our busy schedules, having the team at Northwoods taking care of all aspects of the house has enabled us to free ourselves of the 'minefield' of renting our property.
    Thank you all once again, here's wishing you a Happy New Year and continued success!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

They manage our building
    Mairi Bonnar
    Mairi Bonnar

We had a problem with the heating. As it is in the winter it was a serious issue! I managed to get someone on the phone and have to say that she was very professional and dealt with the issue quickly. The heating was soon back on and thank you!

19. View All Comments (1)by Matt  29/12/2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with Mairi and my team.
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    43 Milngavie Road (Bearsden) (Glasgow) (East Dunbartonshire)
    Jennifer Fox
    G1
    £800
    Jennifer Fox

Have been using Northwood Bearsden for some time now and are very happy with the service we recieve .
    Always keep me up todate on any maintenance and costing of Jobs if any.
    Would recomened .

21. 1

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Debra Rendle
    HU17
    £110000
    Debra Rendle

Debra Rendle was the main contact. On her first visit we felt we had chosen the right Estate Agents to sell our home. She kept us informed every step of the way and was always willing to answer questions and put our mind at ease. From start to finish the sale went through in approx. four months which we felt was good.

Not only did Debra do her utmost to sell our property, she also went the extra mile and contacted Northwoods in Bristol to see if they could recommend a similar property in the areas we were interested in.

Well done Northwood, we would certainly recommend the company to other people.

22. View All Comments (1)by northwoodbev  02/01/2015

At Northwood we always strive to keep our clients up-to-date throughout the process of selling their home so to hear your positive feedback gives us immense pride and determination for the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

AB15
    £1250
    Matt Pullinger

The initial appointment was very informative and Matt came across as very professional. I took notice of the reviews on this website and note there is a bit of a "mixed bag" however I decided to go ahead. I have been with Northwood for just under a year at the time of writing and I must say I am pleased with the service and thank Matt and the team for the good service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE CHARGES FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ARE ABOUT AVERAGE BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE.”

24. View All Comments (1)by Matt  23/12/2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or “constructive” is very welcome.
  25. 1

Branch:
    729 Lincoln Road (Eastfield) (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    Colin Chapman
    PE3
    £125000
    Colin Chapman

Great Service, few bumps along the road regarding solicitors but Colin was on the ball, every time I mentioned a delay or problem he chased it up & solved it.
    Colin took a lot of pressure off myself by taking over most aspects of my sale.
    Also the price to sell my house is far cheaper than leading estate agents in peterborough, I feel Northwood are very kind caring very hard working & a great team I would recommend them to anybody who needs help with a sale & purchase.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT PRICE, MUCH CHEAPER, GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  26. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  27. A 3 -star review by ''

BN20
    £420
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Overall, my experience of renting out to Northwood was not bad. On the upside, the rent was always paid on time without a problem, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
    On the downside was 3 specific matters. 1) When a water leak was reported by the tenant at 10.00 in the morning, I was only notified by another resident in the building at about 17.00, which meant more water had escaped than should have donel. It was clearly a communication problem which, after a promise by Northwood, did not happen again. 2) One of Northwood's tenants stole all the curtains, nets, and rugs.... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD\'S PRICING IS VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT. THE RENT THEY PAY IS JUST ENOUGH FOR LANDLORDS LIKE MYSELF TO THINK \'I MIGHT AS WELL GO WITH THEM\'.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Jo Millward
    Jo Millward

Jo is a fabulous person who resolved a problem with a gas for us. We really appreciate that because we were not able to sort this out. Jo is a person who cares after tenants and after landlord's property. She is a professional who is dedicated to her job. Northwood is very lucky to have such a great employee on board!

29. 1

AB11
    £1450
    Matt Pullinger

Matt and the Northwood team have been first class since my very first telephone call. The service promised was the service that was dilvered! Thank you Northwood.

30. View All Comments (1)by Matt  22/12/2014

31. 1

Matt Pullinger, Laura Mearns
    £900
    no photo no photo
    Matt PullingerLaura Mearns

Matthew and Laura have really taken care of us during our heating breakdown. Elinor is also always very helpful. Overall we are very happy with the service they provide and hope we rent through Northwood for years to come. We have dealt with many letting agents in Aberdeen over the past ten years and they have been miles better than anyone else. THANK YOU!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO CHARGES FROM NORTHWOOD. FEES ARE ILLEGAL ALTHOUGH I HAVE FRIENDS WHO STILL GET CHARGED FEES BY OTHER AGENTS - BE WARNED!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
     , Margaret Brickley
    ex31
    £850
    Margaret Brickley

Very happy to learn that you have won an industry award - it's obviously not just me who's impressed!!
    I became an "accidental landlord" when my mum went into care and we decided to rent her house out to help pay towards her own rent at the care home. I mistakenly used a well-established local estate agent initially which was a disaster; I wonder now what on earth I was actually paying them for. Having had such an awful experience I was going to sell mum's house, but then a friend pointed out Northwood's guaranteed rent scheme so I gave it a go - what a difference!! Now I not only receive a regular income but I feel like I'm dealing with professionals. Think I've backed the right horse this time. Keep up the good work Sean and Margaret.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL LIKE THE FEES ARE ACTUALLY BEING EARNED.”

33. View All Comments (1)by Sean  20/12/2014

Thank You Jez, we're glad that the guaranteed Rent service was able to provide a solution at a difficult time and we hope we can continue to provide a professional lettings service that you are happy with.
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    NP10
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From the initial call to the time I sadly had to give my notice to leave the property every single staff member was exceptional. I have never dealt with such a professional and personable company. Everything is dealt with so promptly and the staff are a delight to deal with and speak to. I would highly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Hyde Park House (Mutley Plain) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    PL5
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Over 8 years we have had nothing but an excellent service and as landlords living outside the area would highly recommend the plymouth office, it has made letting the property so much easier. The staff have always been helpful and have been very good at letting us know straight away when there was a problem.
    We have never been without a tenant since 2006.
    In September 2014 we decided to sell the flat and have had the same excellent service from the sales team. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Mark Winkworth
    BA12
    Mark Winkworth

I purchased my flat in Warminster through Mark Winkworth at Northwood. Mark was helpful, courteous and friendly. I visited the property three times and on each occasion Mark was very patient and offered constructive and useful suggestions. finally he recommended local tradesmen who could assist with some renovation I needed to do.
    Overall The service from the agents was excellent and if I could ever face moving again I would certainly use them myself.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  37. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Hyde Park House (Mutley Plain) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    PL7
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The team are professional and have dealt with repairs promptly as required. Thy processed our application quickly and were helpful with our move in. We have been a Tenant for 3 years and still find them all to be very friendly and helpful.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE NOT SO HAPPY WITH THE ADMINISTRATION FEE TO RENEW THE TENANCY EACH TIME, WE FEEL THAT THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  38. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    538-542 Wimborne Road (Winton) (Bournemouth) (Dorset)
    Stasi O\\\'Connor
    BH9
    £695
    Stasi O\'Connor

Stasi has always provided me with excellent service at all times in my dealings with Northwood. Together with the rest of the team in the branch they give a friendly and professional approach to everyone. They strike the balance between looking after tenants and landlords. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a letting agent. Many thanks.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review

How much is my property worth?