Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 625 ratings. This website contains 624 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 21)

Page last updated on: 20-Oct-2014 12:36:33

1. A 5-star review by 'From Abroad' 8/9/2014

Branch:
    22 Church St ( ) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    Ewan MacPhee
    SK11
    £167000

Ewan MacPhee

I've been with the Northwoods team now for about 10 years. It was my appointed team to look after my rental property as I live abroad. I've had excellent service, prompt responses to questions and addressed any issues quickly. I also recently appointed the team to sell my property and found me a buyer very quickly. Ewan, and the team also helped with follow-up on the status of the sale as I was not always given an update by my solicitor. I would recommend Ewan and the team at Northwoods to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE FEES ARE FAIR. I\'VE PAID SIMILAR FEES WITH OTHER AGENTS AND NOT RECEIVED THE SAME LEVEL OR QUALITY OF SERVICE”

2. View All Comments (1)by Ewan  09/09/2014

Thank you for your positive feedback it very much appreciated and we are delighted you have found our levels of service to be excellent . Thank you

A 5-star review by 'kat' 7/9/2014

Suzannah strickland
    wr1

Suzannah strickland

When I came to your office Lauren welcomed me, listened what I am looking for and advised what you can offer me, she was very nice and professional. She arranged a viewing for me, then we met at the property, she was punctual and very good prepared. Then we met again at your office where Suzannah - a very nice and professional lady advised me about the next steps. They both kept me informed about the whole process till we met again in your office to sign the contract, again Lauren was very good prepared and explained everything to me. They both are great assets to Northwood. I would recommend you to all my friends, congratulations.

4. A 5-star review by 'Veronika Pecinova' 6/9/2014

AL1

Tim Leighton

I've had the pleasure of renting from Northwood UK the St. Albans branch for 2 and a half years, my main point of contact was Tim Leighton which was always ever so helpful and keen to get any issues resolved promptly and very effectively. I've rented through other letting agencies previously but have only had bad experience especially when it came through to customer service. Northowood UK and especially Tim were very different they put my needs first which was refreshing from tenants perspective.

I would strongly recommend Northwood UK to other tenants that are looking for first class customer service as they are a very good letting agency that cares about their tenets and does everything they can to help. I wouldn't move out of the apartment if it wasn't for me moving in with my partner.

5. A 5-star review by 'Tina hodgson' 6/9/2014

Branch:
    21 St John Maddermarket (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Peggy Buxton, Stephen Summerhaze
    Nr78
    £825

Peggy BuxtonStephen Summerhaze

Stephen & Peggy where great at finding us a property that catered for our families needs as we have a disabled daughter who's needs are complex & we needed to have specialist equipment delivered & installed . The move went smoothly & the cross over of properties was easy . The staff are friendly & helpful nothing is too much trouble .

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'Ch1Ch1' 6/9/2014

Branch:
    57 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    BA3
    £700
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood are an extremely devious and fraudulent bunch who will take as much money off you as they can without a second thought to the affects that their greed will have on the people who they are meant to be working with and for. The guaranteed rent scheme that they run is a particularly clever idea as they become the tenant and sub let to you leaving you with very little rights as a renter and with no direct contact with the home owner. So when jobs need doing they can make up stories about the owner not getting back to them when in fact they were never told. They control all communication... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest and played the long game rather than trying to squeeze every penny they could out of both sides”

7. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  09/09/2014

Regarding your comments, Northwood are members of the Property Ombudsmen Scheme and following our 'Complaints Handling Procedure' we would ask that you put your complaint in writing to Northwood. Northwood will respond in writing, and if in your opinion do not give you a satisfactory explanation you can then take your complaint to the 'Property Ombudsmen' who are an independent redress scheme. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
  8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Shirley' 4/9/2014

DE22
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood have looked after our letting for over 3 years. service has been excellent and well worthy of 5 Gold Stars

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jon' 4/9/2014

Al8
    £240000

Tim Leighton

All the staff at Northwoods went out of their way it help us
    We lived 100 miles from the property so we relied on them to find cheap reliable and efficient workmen to carry out repairs.
    Also they were really helpful when it came to the sale and supplying keys etc to the estate agents.
    Jon

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'S Aherne' 4/9/2014

AL1
    £1400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were very impressed with Northwood from the outset. Professional, client friendly, very efficient, responsive, diligent. Everything that you would look for in a letting agent. We have gone on to let a number of properties with Northwood since our first dealings and we will not be looking to use anyone else going forward.

11. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sophie Siangolis' 4/9/2014

BS13
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood carry out Tenancy Finds for me then do all the paperwork, they are do efficient, professional and nothing is too much trouble, they are the best Letting Agent I have ever dealt with.

“RELATIVELY CHEAP”

12. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  15/09/2014

Dear Sophie, thank you for your kind comments. We hope to continue letting your properties in the future. Many thanks Northwood
  13. 1

A 5-star review by 'Vicky' 4/9/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    ip3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would highly recommend Northwood at Ipswich as they are very professional and offer a first class service. They source tenants and manage my properties and are efficient, competent and keep me regularly up to date with any information that I should know.

1. 1

A 5-star review by 'Brittany' 3/9/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG40
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent was very helpful throughout the renting and closing out processes, and all paperwork was completed quickly. The agent was easy to communicate with and very professional. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to rent in the Wokingham area.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gurbinder' 3/9/2014

de1
    £400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are very pleased with the service that Northwood Derby supply. Since giving our properties to them on a fully managed basis we have been stress free. The team there are excellent and go out of their way to solve any issues with the property that we may have. we have developed a very good relationship and therefore it makes the communication between us very good.

They have never failed to get a property let for us and always find us the right tenant.

A 4-star review by 'Lynn Ringer' 3/9/2014

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    RG25
    £147500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwoods have provided an excellent service when selling my house , they kept us regularly informed on viewings and feedback after the viewing.
    I would recommend them.

4. View All Comments (1)by Beth  03/09/2014

Thanks very much for your feedback Lynn. I'm pleased you were impressed with our service. If there is ever anything we can help with in the future, let us know.
  5. 1

A 5-star review by 'NICK' 3/9/2014

RUTH HATFIELD
    WGC
    £300000

RUTH HATFIELD

Northwood Lettings of St Albans were recommended to me by my brother and I'm very glad he did!
    Their service and manner cannot be faulted.
    There have been some problems with my new property and they have sorted them out fully with no input from me, I've only had to take calls from them informing and keeping me informed of the situation - it could not work better.
    But the main point is the competitive rental is GUARANTEED even if the property is empty for a while and the monthly payments are always received on time.
    I thoroughly recommend you use their services.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Lauren Finney' 3/9/2014

Branch:
    76 Allerton Road (Mossley) (Liverpool) (Merseyside)
    Mark Nesbit
    n15

Mark Nesbit

My daughter was moving to Liverpool as she had secure a full time position at a school. She required rented accommodation and as we had not rented before we approached the process with a degree of trepidation. We needn't have worried as the staff at Northwood were excellent and very professional from the first veiwing of the property, our visit to the office in Moseley to fill in the application and the final handover of the keys. Thanks to Mark and all the staff.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Dave Watermark' 2/9/2014

Branch:
    129 Havant Road (Drayton) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    Andrew Smith
    Po1
    £900

Andrew Smith

Excellent service for the last 14 years. Would recommend the guaranteed rent scheme. In all the years I rented the house I never missed a months rent and they even sold the property for me.

Thank you Northwood Portsmouth will certainly use your services again

Dave Watermark

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND CLEARLY EXPLAINED . WORTH EVERY PENNY FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE”

8. 3
    people found this

A 5-star review by 'Anna Alton' 1/9/2014

Branch:
    25 Hallgate (Doncaster) (South Yorkshire)
    DN1
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood Doncaster have made my job of being a landlord as easy and stress free as possible. They are helpful consistent and reliable. I have been so impressed that I have already started to recommend them.

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Phil' 1/9/2014

DE24
    £425
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This property is our first tenanted property. We were recommended Northwood by a family freind who is an existing tenant in a property managed/let through Northwood, and they were very impressed by their professional approach. We also looked at other Letting Agents before deciding to proceed through Northwood. They have been extremely helpful in guiding/advising us throughout the process, always keeping us informed of progress. We are very impressed with the service we have received and are confident we made the right choice of company to let our property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I AM HAPPY WITH THE FEES I AM PAYING FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVE.”

10. A 5-star review by 'mark' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    15 Chatsworth Road (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    mike Ablett
    3575
    £900

mike Ablett

Mike was professional in his approach,easy to communicate with and delivered what he said he would do for us.
    We would not hesitate to use Mike and his team again if the situation arose in the future.
    Rgds,
    Mark Eastwood

“NOT NECESSARY,WAS SATISFIED.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Nick Haig' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    Bethan Coe
    RG41
    £600

Bethan Coe

I used Northwood to sell and rent my property and on both occasions the customer service, advice and guidance was exceptional. It was a great comfort to know that Bethan was always on hand to answer my enquiries, deal with any anxieties and go above and beyond her remit to help me sell my flat. The level of communication concerning the sell was exemplary and I always got a response within half an hour by email and straight away by phone. Great team, great estate agents and I would highly recommend anyone wanting to sell, rent or buy to use Northwood in Wokingham. 10 out of 10.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ESTATE AGENTS IN WOKINGHAM.”

1. 1

A 1-star review by '.' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Daniel Harris
    m22

Daniel Harris

Well where do I begin, this agent is undoubtedly the worst by far in the whole of South Manchester, I have never once had a good experience with this agent! Not only is the service extremely poor, the outrageous excuse of a manager (Daniel Harris) is ultimately the rudest, most foul mouthed, arrogant people I have ever witnessed. For a supposedly successful business this man has absolutely no people skills what so ever and will do just about anything to get you into a property. Mine was dirty, stained furniture, marked walls, very dirty oven etc. The attitude on this so called manager is appalling, how he ever got the job is beyond me. If anyone would like to rent a NICE and CLEAN property with staff that actually do know how to run a professional business and DO have good customer service skills then you do not want to step foot into Northwood.

2. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Harris  29/08/2014

I am truly sorry that this has happened to you however and unfortunately the condition of the property is not down to Northwood but the landlord and owner of the properties themselves. When we take properties on we outline a schedule of works and standards to our owners of how a lettable property should be although this is not always followed. Northwood do not own any of the properties that we rent and therefore we are only duty bound to inform them of best practice. If this has not been followed through then as a company it is difficult for us to force any landlord/owner to spend money on... (read more)

A 5-star review by 'Miss M' 28/8/2014

WR1

Lauren Allcoat

Lauren was very helpful when I first asked about properties to rent from Northwood. I had a very specific area that I wanted to move into and although there were no properties immediately I felt confident that they would contact me if something became available.
    I had seen a property that I was keen to view but unfortunately it had been let during an earlier viewing. However, when that didn't go through Lauren phoned me and within 24 hours I was able to look around, the process after that was very easy with any questions I had being answered quickly.

4. 1

A 1-star review by '01' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    M33
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Possibly one of the most uneducated, rude, arrogant man I have ever come across in my life. Without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had with this agent. I have never been so insulted by just one person in all my life and do not think the "manager" of this company even knows how to run a professional business such as this one claims to be! Completely oblivious to other peoples feelings and I would advise EVERYONE to look else where if you are thinking about renting from this AWFUL letting agent.

5. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Harris  29/08/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience however if you would like to explain to me the circumstances and if there has been a misunderstanding then I may be able to explain the position a little better. Alternatively if Northwood is at fault then it will prevent what ever has happened not being repeated with any of our other customers by your constructive criticism allowing us to change our procedures for the better. Kind Regards Daniel Harris
  6. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Harwood' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG24
    £147000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would highly recommend using Northwood in Basingstoke. I have dealt with them for the last couple of years since they started renting out my property for me. They were always at the other end of the phone if I had a question and they constantly kept me up to date with progress their end. In May this year I decided to sell my property and the team sold it within the week. If ever I go down the rental route again I would not hesitate in using them again.

7. View All Comments (1)by Northwood Basingstoke  29/09/2014

A huge thanks from all the team at Northwood Basingstoke. We are delighted to have been a help to you and if you ever need us in the future, please don't hesitate to call.
  8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Hannah1202' 26/8/2014

WR1

Lauren Allcoat

Exceptionally professional, I had an answer regarding the outcome of my application within a few days. Really friendly when I went in to sign for my keys. Lauren made the whole transition (which can sometimes be quite tedious with regards to previous estate agents) quick and easy.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE QUITE HIGH, HOWEVER, THE STANDARD OF THE CUSTOMER CARE AND STANDARD OF THE PROPERTY WHEN I MOVED IN WERE EXCEPTIONAL, SO I HAD NO ISSUE WITH PAYING IT.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Adam' 26/8/2014

Emma Moore
    BS16
    £1250

Emma Moore

I found Northwood and Emma very professional and helpful. They offer both the landlord and tenet an excellent service, with fair agency fees. I would use them again and recommend them.

10. View All Comments (1)by Emma  15/09/2014

Thank you for your comments, I am glad to hear you have had such a positive experience.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Samof75' 25/8/2014

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Katherine Bond
    NN16

Katherine Bond

I have been using the Northampton Branch of Northwood for many years now. They have always been really helpful and much better than my previous agent!. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to rent in Northamptonshire.

12. A 5-star review by 'dorscheston' 25/8/2014

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Daniel Dunkley
    nn1
    £1500

Daniel Dunkley

After constantly having issues with my previous letting agent I decided to change to Northwood Northampton on their guaranteed rent scheme. I can’t believe how easy it has been since changing its exactly as they said it would be and the staff have always been a pleasure to deal with. Many thanks and keep up the good work ;)

“NO FEES ON THIS SCHEME”

13. A 5-star review by 'Joanna' 25/8/2014

Jack Honeyfield
    BS5

Jack Honeyfield

I have rented my flat from Northwood for over a year and I have a very positive experience with that agency. My main contact is Jack Honeyfield. He is always very friendly, professional and helpful. He responds quickly to any cases and I feel supported. Highly recommened!

14. View All Comments (1)by Jack  17/09/2014

Hi Joanna, Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is my pleasure.
  15. 1

A 5-star review by 'Emma A' 22/8/2014

Lauren Allcoat, Jonathan Edwards
    Wr3

Lauren AllcoatJonathon Edwards

All staff at the branch were welcoming and helpful, lauren was especially helpful it terms of finding me the perfect property and insuring the process ran smoothly.