Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 799 ratings. This website contains 798 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 27-Feb-2015 15:16:18

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 27)

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    Amy
    YO 1
    £675
    Amy

I have been with Northwood in York for a few years, but recently the service has improved significantly, and this I must attribute to Amy Cranfield. She has been most assiduous in following up matters, replying to my queries, organising cleaners and painters and in keeping me in the picture.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    LE18
    £530
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Friendly, approachable, professional staff. From my initial dealings with Andy over a decade ago to the latest arrivals to the team. All have contributed in a positive way in delivering a first class service.
    Due to our busy schedules, having the team at Northwoods taking care of all aspects of the house has enabled us to free ourselves of the 'minefield' of renting our property.
    Thank you all once again, here's wishing you a Happy New Year and continued success!

3. A 5-star review by ''

They manage our building
    Mairi Bonnar
    AB25
    Mairi Bonnar

We had a problem with the heating. As it is in the winter it was a serious issue! I managed to get someone on the phone and have to say that she was very professional and dealt with the issue quickly. The heating was soon back on and thank you!

4. View All Comments (1)by Matt  29/12/2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with Mairi and my team.
  5. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    43 Milngavie Road (Bearsden) (Glasgow) (East Dunbartonshire)
    Jennifer Fox
    G1
    £800
    Jennifer Fox

Have been using Northwood Bearsden for some time now and are very happy with the service we recieve .
    Always keep me up todate on any maintenance and costing of Jobs if any.
    Would recomened .

6. 1

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Debra Rendle
    HU17
    £110000
    Debra Rendle

Debra Rendle was the main contact. On her first visit we felt we had chosen the right Estate Agents to sell our home. She kept us informed every step of the way and was always willing to answer questions and put our mind at ease. From start to finish the sale went through in approx. four months which we felt was good.

Not only did Debra do her utmost to sell our property, she also went the extra mile and contacted Northwoods in Bristol to see if they could recommend a similar property in the areas we were interested in.

Well done Northwood, we would certainly recommend the company to other people.

7. View All Comments (1)by northwoodbev  02/01/2015

At Northwood we always strive to keep our clients up-to-date throughout the process of selling their home so to hear your positive feedback gives us immense pride and determination for the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
  8. A 5-star review by ''

AB15
    £1250
    Matt Pullinger

The initial appointment was very informative and Matt came across as very professional. I took notice of the reviews on this website and note there is a bit of a "mixed bag" however I decided to go ahead. I have been with Northwood for just under a year at the time of writing and I must say I am pleased with the service and thank Matt and the team for the good service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE CHARGES FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ARE ABOUT AVERAGE BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE.”

9. View All Comments (1)by Matt  23/12/2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or “constructive” is very welcome.
  10. 1

Colin Chapman
    PE3
    £125000
    Colin Chapman

Great Service, few bumps along the road regarding solicitors but Colin was on the ball, every time I mentioned a delay or problem he chased it up & solved it.
    Colin took a lot of pressure off myself by taking over most aspects of my sale.
    Also the price to sell my house is far cheaper than leading estate agents in peterborough, I feel Northwood are very kind caring very hard working & a great team I would recommend them to anybody who needs help with a sale & purchase.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT PRICE, MUCH CHEAPER, GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 3-star review by ''

Branch:
    81-83 South Street (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    BN20
    £420
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Overall, my experience of renting out to Northwood was not bad. On the upside, the rent was always paid on time without a problem, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
    On the downside was 3 specific matters. 1) When a water leak was reported by the tenant at 10.00 in the morning, I was only notified by another resident in the building at about 17.00, which meant more water had escaped than should have donel. It was clearly a communication problem which, after a promise by Northwood, did not happen again. 2) One of Northwood's tenants stole all the curtains, nets, and rugs.... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD\'S PRICING IS VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT. THE RENT THEY PAY IS JUST ENOUGH FOR LANDLORDS LIKE MYSELF TO THINK \'I MIGHT AS WELL GO WITH THEM\'.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Jo Millward
    WR1
    Jo Millward

Jo is a fabulous person who resolved a problem with a gas for us. We really appreciate that because we were not able to sort this out. Jo is a person who cares after tenants and after landlord's property. She is a professional who is dedicated to her job. Northwood is very lucky to have such a great employee on board!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
     , Margaret Brickley
    ex31
    £850
    Margaret Brickley

Very happy to learn that you have won an industry award - it's obviously not just me who's impressed!!
    I became an "accidental landlord" when my mum went into care and we decided to rent her house out to help pay towards her own rent at the care home. I mistakenly used a well-established local estate agent initially which was a disaster; I wonder now what on earth I was actually paying them for. Having had such an awful experience I was going to sell mum's house, but then a friend pointed out Northwood's guaranteed rent scheme so I gave it a go - what a difference!! Now I not only receive a regular income but I feel like I'm dealing with professionals. Think I've backed the right horse this time. Keep up the good work Sean and Margaret.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL LIKE THE FEES ARE ACTUALLY BEING EARNED.”

14. View All Comments (1)by Sean  20/12/2014

Thank You Jez, we're glad that the guaranteed Rent service was able to provide a solution at a difficult time and we hope we can continue to provide a professional lettings service that you are happy with.

1. 1

Matt Pullinger, Laura Mearns
    AB25
    £900
    Matt PullingerLaura Mearns

Matthew and Laura have really taken care of us during our heating breakdown. Elinor is also always very helpful. Overall we are very happy with the service they provide and hope we rent through Northwood for years to come. We have dealt with many letting agents in Aberdeen over the past ten years and they have been miles better than anyone else. THANK YOU!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO CHARGES FROM NORTHWOOD. FEES ARE ILLEGAL ALTHOUGH I HAVE FRIENDS WHO STILL GET CHARGED FEES BY OTHER AGENTS - BE WARNED!”

2. 1

AB11
    £1450
    Matt Pullinger

Matt and the Northwood team have been first class since my very first telephone call. The service promised was the service that was dilvered! Thank you Northwood.

3. View All Comments (1)by Matt  22/12/2014

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    NP10
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From the initial call to the time I sadly had to give my notice to leave the property every single staff member was exceptional. I have never dealt with such a professional and personable company. Everything is dealt with so promptly and the staff are a delight to deal with and speak to. I would highly recommend them.

5. A 5-star review by ''

PL5
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Over 8 years we have had nothing but an excellent service and as landlords living outside the area would highly recommend the plymouth office, it has made letting the property so much easier. The staff have always been helpful and have been very good at letting us know straight away when there was a problem.
    We have never been without a tenant since 2006.
    In September 2014 we decided to sell the flat and have had the same excellent service from the sales team. Thank you.

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    538-542 Wimborne Road (Winton) (Bournemouth) (Dorset)
    Stasi O\\\'Connor
    BH9
    £695
    Stasi O\'Connor

Stasi has always provided me with excellent service at all times in my dealings with Northwood. Together with the rest of the team in the branch they give a friendly and professional approach to everyone. They strike the balance between looking after tenants and landlords. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a letting agent. Many thanks.

7. A 4-star review by ''

PL7
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The team are professional and have dealt with repairs promptly as required. Thy processed our application quickly and were helpful with our move in. We have been a Tenant for 3 years and still find them all to be very friendly and helpful.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE NOT SO HAPPY WITH THE ADMINISTRATION FEE TO RENEW THE TENANCY EACH TIME, WE FEEL THAT THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEE.”

8. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Mark Winkworth
    BA12
    Mark Winkworth

I purchased my flat in Warminster through Mark Winkworth at Northwood. Mark was helpful, courteous and friendly. I visited the property three times and on each occasion Mark was very patient and offered constructive and useful suggestions. finally he recommended local tradesmen who could assist with some renovation I needed to do.
    Overall The service from the agents was excellent and if I could ever face moving again I would certainly use them myself.

9. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    48 London Road (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    AL1
    £1100
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Right from my first introduction to Northwoods St Albans, I have always had a positive experience with them. The initial instruction was professional and informative, and I instantly felt at ease passing the leasing of my property over to them. As I was moving abroad, I was especially cautious on who managed my property, and I can't recommend Northwoods enough.
    My entire 4 year experience with them was hassle free, and I had some great tenants thanks to their strong vetting.
    Tim especially was always helpful, including giving me great advice on the local property market, even though sales aren't a field they operate in.

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    NN3
    £1200
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been in our rented house for almost 1 year. Within that time we have found Northwood staff to be very efficient, helpful and cooperative. When we initially found the house we wanted to rent we only had 10 days before we needed to move in. Northwood conducting the relevant references and searches without any delay and we were able to move in within a week. Because we have a little 'yapping' dog Northwood have arranged their house check visits to suit us.
    Although this is the first house that we have rented, so not able to compare them to other agents, I would highly recommend them and use them again, if we needed to.
    Great service team, well done.

11. 1

PL9
    £625
    Hayley Byrne

We saw a property that we just loved the look of. Called Northwood and spoke to Hayley. She met us two days later so we could have a viewing. We really liked the place and then proceeded to go for it. Hayley has kept us informed all of the way with regards to how the application was progressing. She has been on the end of the phone when we had any questions. Cant fault her service.

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Fishergate Row, Butler Street (Preston) (Lancashire)
    pr1
    £495
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented with this agent for 4 years on and off and I would not hesitate to contact them first when needing somewhere to live in the future. I had unfortunate personal circumstances which meant I had to move, but found the agent to very understanding and helpful. I would recommend them any day.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID A SINGLE TENANT FEE OFF £120 TO MOVE AND FOUND THIS TO BE VERY COMPETITIVE. NO CHECK OUT FEES HAD TO BE PAID EITHER.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Katherine Bond
    NN3
    £450
    Katherine Bond

I have been a Landord with Northwood in Northampton now for over 12yrs. The staff are always professional, understanding and efficient. I live abroad and using Northwood gives me great peace of mind.

3. 4

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Lauren Allcoat, Suzannah strickland
    WR1
    £615
    Lauren AllcoatSuzannah strickland

From making our initial enquiry about the property up to and including getting the keys, both Lauren and Suzannah have been extremely helpful. They kindly put up with all our questions and queries.our previous property was looked after by Andrew Grants and the service was just shocking. Northwood has taken the stress out of the whole ordeal for us and we really appreciate it.

4. 2

PL3
    £675
    Hayley Byrne

Hayley maintained an outstanding level and balance of both professionalism and helpfulness throughout the whole tenancy process. From the moment I was shown around my potential new home I felt relaxed and warmth while she described the many features of the new property. I instantly knew this would be the place I wanted and despite many phone calls from myself (due to excitement), Hayley was courteous and responsive to all of my requests. I would highly recommend her and Northwood as THE letting agent to use as they are honest and understanding of the differing circumstances each applicant has. Many thanks Hayley - you've made the 'moving out' process a delight. A*

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD WERE OFFERING NO AGENCY FEES IF THE TENANT MOVED IN BY A CERTAIN DATE. THIS WAS PERFECT BECAUSE MOST OTHER AGENCIES USUALLY CHARGE FOR CREDIT CHECKS ETC AND WITH A NOT SO GOOD CREDIT RATING I WAS NERVOUS ABOUT THROWING AWAY MONEY. NORTHWOOD WERE HAPPY TO REFUND THE HOLDING DEPOSIT IF I WERE TO FAIL THE CREDIT CHECK BUT THIS WASN\'T NECESSARY - THIS WAS DEFINITELY A PIVOTAL FACTOR IN MY DECISION TO USE NORTHWOOD.”

5. 2

PL6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I use the guaranteed rent scheme for my properties and benefit from the fully managed service for landlords. I cannot fault the team in any way. The staff are always attentive, professional and courteous. Any time that I have raised an issue or a query it has been dealt with swiftly and always with a satisfactory outcome. As a landlady, I feel that my properties are being managed by capable hands and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Northwood Plymouth to other prospective landlords and landladies.

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    22 Church St ( ) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    Joy Cross, Liz Cross
    sk9
    £600
    Joy CrossLiz Cross

Northwood UK were very efficient and professional throughout the tenancy application process. They are helpful and are quick to respond to any issues and I would thoroughly recommend their services to any prospective tenants.

7. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    271 North Street (Bedminster) (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Property Management
    Siobhan Hayes, Jack Honeyfield
    BS
    Siobhan HayesJack Honeyfield

We have worked alongside Northwood Residential Lettings for a number of years now carrying out all plumbing and heating works for their properties. All members of staff at the Bedminster branch are very friendly and helpful, they seem to be very tenant and land lord focused. It's a pleasure to work alongside them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“INVOICE\'S ARE PAID ON TIME.”

8. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  10/12/2014

Hello All, thank you for your review of our services it is much appreciated. Kind regards Siobhan.
  9. 1

Chris Peterborough
    Pe1
    £70000
    Chris Peterborough

To anyone thinking of using Northwood as their sales agent please do not hesitate!

Colin was professional from the start acting swiftly to return calls and chase up the various stakeholders involved in the sale. Colin was knowledgeable and well placed to offer advice throughout the process.

My past experience of selling a property was mixed at best however I am pleased to say that Northwood were breath of fresh air and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks again Northwood!

10. 1

PE1
    £60
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Within a week of putting my property on the market, I was extremely happy, that a suitable buyer was found by the Agent at Northwood. Once the sale price was negotiated my property was taken off the market. Throughout the sale, I was kept informed via email and telephone, and on a couple of occasions was given professional advice on the best action.

I was extremely satisfied with the service I received. The team at the Peterborough Branch was professional and knowledgeable and I wish to express a huge thanks for making the transaction as stress free as possible.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    70 Bromsgrove Street (Southside) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    b54t
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are very satisfied with this agent. Communication goes smooth. Replies are fast and complete. We get nice pictures and description when there is a tenant change. Which is very important since we live abroad. Tenant made some damaged which are all recovered from the deposit and all things have been replaced without any headache.

We also have to deal with another tenant in a different city in the UK and clearly notice the difference. Service level is very good and Therefore recommendable!