Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 925 ratings. This website contains 924 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Page last updated on: 29-May-2015 05:02:24

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 31)

1. 3

Sara Bulter
    NE5
    £400
    Sara Bulter

Very professional service. Had dealings with Northwood many times and will continue to use them in the future. All staff are very pleasant and efficient

“VERY FAIR”

2. 2

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    YO24
    £230000
    Catrina Merrigan

I have recently completed the purchase of my first property and being a complete novice in the house buying world it was of huge relief to be dealing with Northwood, the expertise and customer care that was provided was exceptional, and this was not the easiest of purchases by any stretch of the imagination. I would absolutely recommend the Northwood York team to anybody, especailly those first time purchasers who require a little support through what is a very difficult experience. I would like to pass on my thanks to the whole Northwood team.

3. View All Comments (1)by Catrina  01/05/2015

Thank you for your kind words. Myself and my team strive to offer the best customer service so it is always kindly appreciated to hear such promising feedback. Enjoy your new home. Catrina Merrigan Branch Manager
  4. 2

Branch:
    3 Parkside (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    Wendy Tolfrey, ben sadler-coates
    RH10
    £1050
    Wendy Tolfreyben sadler-coates

This is our first ''Buy to let property' in Crawley so it was wonderful to meet Wendy and Ben from Northwood who could not do enough to help us. There were several issues such as chasing missing keys from the previous tenant, having locks changed and general practical advice. We live a 110 mile trip away so it was not always easy for us to deal with some of the issues arising from buying the flat and making sure everything was in order for our new tenants. Most important, of course, was finding the tenants and within 4 days the flat was signed up even before it had been refurbished. We would highly recommend their service and would not hesitate in using them again.

5. View All Comments (1)by Wendy  05/05/2015

Dear Sandy, thank you so much for your kind words. It has been a pleasure dealing with you and Michael and we look forward to a happy working relationship going forwards. Kind regards,. Wendy
  6. 2

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Gosia Prazeniak
    Le3
    £575
    Gosia Prazeniak

Was an absolute pleasure to off gone with this letting agent and we was very sad we had to leave, nothing was to big for Gosia and all the dealings we had with her was to a high professional standard. I no if we ever have to move again I will be going straight to Northwood as long as Gosia is still there. We had two properties over the course of nearly two years and every problem that arised was delt with promptly and to a high standard, Northwood put there tenants first which is something we have not had with previous letting agents. The inventory was very detailed witch helped when it came to receiving our deposit back. Thank you Northwood

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD.”

7. 2

Nicola Winnard, Sarah Elliott
    WN2
    Nicola WinnardSarah Elliott
    Nicola WinnardSarah Elliott

The staff have found some very respectable tenants very quickly, and have kept me informed of the arrangements throughout the selection process. The tenant moved in without any issues and I have been consulted promptly on any changes requested. Overall I have been impressed with the work they have conducted so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES MAY BE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN I HAVE PAID WITH A PREVIOUS AGENT, HOWEVER THIS IS POSITIVELY REFLECTED IN THE HIGH QUALITY OF THE SERVICE THEY ARE PROVIDING.”

8. 1

Wn1
    £835
    Sarah Elliott

Very helpful, assisted us with a quick move and communicated well with us at all times, was aware of our situation but still manages to help

9. 3

WN2
    Sarah Elliott

We have moved to Wigan from another part of the UK due to work commitments. Compared to previous experiences, the transtion handled by Northwood Wigan branch was very professional and well organised. We have found our corrospondance has been promptly dealt with, paperwork handled quickly and we had the keys within 2 weeks from application.

Everyone we have dealt with have been very helpful so far and we would highly recommend them to other people who are considering letting a property in the area.

10. 2

Branch:
    207-211 Rosemount Place (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    Matt Pullinger, Elinor Cranston
    AB32
    Matt PullingerElinor Cranston

I have been using Matt and his team to let our property to let out our beloved family home for 3 years. We are pleased with the level of service and response. Friendly team. I would recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“JUST RIGHT IN THE CURRENT MARKET”

11. View All Comments (1)by Matt  30/04/2015

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or constructive is very welcome.
  12. 2

Branch:
    89 London Street (Reading) (Berkshire)
    Property Management
    RG1
    £440
    Mark Hampton

I've not been with Northwood that long, but so far they have shown great customer service. They were very flexible in finding an arrangement that suited both of us and made the extra effort to make things work.

13. View All Comments (1)by Mark  29/04/2015

Hi Simon, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that we were able to help! Mark
  14. 3

No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

A very professional service over the last two years. Communication has been excellent with prompt and efficient action and support from all the team.

15. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  27/04/2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate it and are always happy to help in the future.
  16. 2

12 C
    £750
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with Northwood and completely satisfied with the service. They found me tenants very quickly.
    I will use their service again in future.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF DISCOUNTS ARE GIVEN TO REGULAR CUSTOMERS.”

17. 4

Branch:
    The Bank, 113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    Adam Lipson, Leanne Keane
    M27
    £100000
    Adam LipsonLeanne  Keane
    Adam LipsonLeanne Keane

The reason why I like Northwoods is because the staff are all really friendly and approachable, nothing is too much trouble for them, you can ring them as many times as you like and they are as nice to you on the last call as they were on the 1st. They are on the ball keeping you up-to-date with everything, but mainly they don't lie to you, they tell you exactly how it is. I was recommended to them by my brother, and I must admit I was very skeptical with me living in Swinton and their office being in Bolton, but it has made no difference at all. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them.

I already have another house up for sale with them. Thank You Northwoods, well done! you are doing a GREAT job

18. 2

Siobhan Hayes, Jack Honeyfield
    BS31
    £475
    Siobhan HayesJack Honeyfield
    Siobhan HayesJack Honeyfield

Our dealings with Northwood North St Bristol have been nothing but excellent.Siobhan and Jack have been outstanding ,helping us with every problem and sorting it quickly and efficiently.We were concerned about buying a property to let after a previous bad experience but they are making our experience completely stress free this time.We often pass the office and are always greeted with a lovely smile and wave from Siobhan and are never afraid to go in and ask a question.

19. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  24/04/2015

Thank you for your review, always happy help. Pleased the Guaranteed Rent scheme is working well for you and is stress free. Best wishes, Siobhan.
  20. 3

No postcode selected.
    Siobhan Hayes

I used Northwood to let my property with the rent guarantee scheme which worked perfect for me,no need to check the property as Northwood would assist with repairs if needed and no problems with the rent being paid.Siobhan was extremely helpful,friendly and professional at all times when I decided to sale the property later on.The sale was very quick and progress smoothly and I also got a reasonable asking price.I highly recommend Northwood as a letting agent or estate agent and would definitely use them again in the future.

21. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  24/04/2015

Thank you for your review. I am pleased we were able to provide you with our services full circle and it all went well. Happy to help you in the future. Siobhan
  22. 3

Branch:
    36 High Street (Sandbach) (Cheshire)
    Rena Andronicou
    ST7
    Rena Andronicou

I have a property with Northwood Sandbach which they manage for me on the platinum scheme. I have received excellent communication from them and excellent service. My communications are dealt with promptly and payments always correct and on time. A pleasure to deal with, they take all the stress out of being a Landlord. Very happy customer.

23. 5

Branch:
    The Bank, 113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    Leanne Keane
    BL9
    Leanne  Keane
    Leanne Keane

Moved out of my family home and became a tenant in February this year, I could not have asked for a better letting agents to help me with my first move, than Northwood. Right from the beginning they have supported me and have always extremely approachable and helpful. They also are very attentive to personal details and show a willingness to provide the best service at all times. Customer service either by email or phone has always been excellent and very professional. Very happy that my first experience was with Northwood.

Comments on the Agents fees

“JOINT APPLICATION - £200 1 MONTHS RENT UPFRONT - £450 1 MONTHS RENT DEPOSIT - £450 DECENT IN MY OPINION.”

24. View All Comments (1)by Leanne  23/04/2015

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the feedback. Customer service is our number one priority and we are alway happy to help.
  25. 4

Branch:
    40 East Street (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Charlotte Mason, Ally Henwood-Walman
    CR0
    £1250
    Charlotte MasonAlly Henwood-Walman
    Charlotte MasonAlly Henwood-Walman

I would like to give a huge hank you to the folk at Northwoods (Bromley) that I have been dealing with for the past few weeks. I've been talking with, and communicating with, Charlotte, Felicity and Ally. They have all been so helpful, professional and courteous throughout my time dealing with them. I am an owner of an investment flat, living in the States , but with my home and background in Bromley. In January I eventually managed to evict a tenant from my flat in Croydon. She had been living in my flat for over a year, without paying any rent at all, and when I did gain acces, the place... (read more)

26. 2

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Martin Bradbury, Tracey hankin
    BA11
    £700
    Martin BradburyTracey hankin

I would like to say that I found all of the staff at Northwood, especially Tracey and Martin very professional and supportive and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

27. 3

Paolo Nigrelli, Wendy Foster
    Ne15
    Paolo NigrelliWendy Foster

We have recently sold our property through Northwood. We were surprised at how attentive and professional the staff were especially Wendy and Paolo. What we liked was the regular communication we received whilst our property was on the market, unlike other agents that we have dealt with before where the communication would dry up. Even though our home was on the market a few months we never doubted the service being provided. They have always provided us with honest feedback, an excellent service and a friendly smile! Very pleased with the service we have received and would definitely recommend to anyone. Thanks so much :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVE AND GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

28. 2

BS35
    £850
    Siobhan Hayes

At short notice I was offered a contract working overseas. I needed to rent my property at a busy and stressful time. I contacted Northwood and was immediately struck by the professionalism of Siobhan. I received comprehensive information over the phone and a full written information pack which gave me confidence in the process. I did some online research and soon found both Northwood and Siobhan had several very positive reviews. I met with Siobhan she was on time, polite very knowledgeable and totally professional. Her opinions and advice enabled us to decide on the package that suited us best. Siobhan has always had or found the answers to any questions we had and always gets back to us straight away. When the removals company damaged a light fitting Siobhan offered to assist us with resolving the problem at a time we were so busy with an international move. In short she is a total professional and if I was an employer I would give her a job in a heartbeat!

29. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  23/04/2015

Hello Paul, thank you so much for your words. I am glad you are happy and everything has ran smoothly for you. Siobhan.
  30. 2

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Jonathan Edwards, Maria Edwards
    WR1
    £480
    Jonathan EdwardsMaria Edwards
    Jonathan EdwardsMaria Edwards

The agent was professional and friendly. Payments were received on time. Queries were answered in a timely fashion. They proactively dealt with any issues that arose.

31. 2

Branch:
    7 Paris Street (Exeter) (Devon)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Ex1
    £260000
    Anna Atwell

I was recommended to use Northwood via a friend whom had used them in the past. I could not have asked for a more professional service by their negotiator Anna Atwell. She kept me informed on a weekly basis with regards to the purchase of my now property. Dealt with the vendor when I had a few questions that needed to be answered promptly.
    Without Anna's help the purchase would not have gone so smooth and professional as it did. Can not thank Her enough for all the help.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES THAT THE AGENT CHARGED ME WAS NOTHING IN COMPARISON TO THE POSITIVE SERVICE I WAS GIVEN BY EVERYONE IN NORTHWOOD.”

32. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Katherine Price, Steve Adams
    WN3
    £525
    Katherine PriceSteve Adams
    Katherine PriceSteve Adams

Everyone was courteous and helpful in all correspondence and dealings. The handover and paperwork was professional and thorough. The only improvement I can suggest is to offer the option to pay by card at the office or over the phone.

33. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Sarah Elliott, Katherine Price
    Wn4
    £500
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price

Very informative from booking the viewing, showing us around the property to completing paperwork. Friendly staff with great customer service.

34. 1

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    CF10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just become a Northwood tenant and they have made the whole process of moving house stress free and easy. All staff are approachable, friendly and helpful on the phone. When I had a small maintenance issue with the property, the issue got sorted very quickly and was resolved without any hassle. Northwood found me a lovely flat and I would highly recommend them.

35. View All Comments (1)by Kate Gwinnutt  23/04/2015

Dear Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your complimentary comments. It gives me great pleasure in hearing such positive reviews. Thanks again for your custom.
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    7/9 Warwick Road (Carlisle) (Cumbria)
    Gilli
    CA1
    Gilli

I have been a tenant with Northwood Carlisle for two years. During this time I have lived in two lovely properties. I must commend Northwood for their friendliness and attentiveness to any problems reported during my tenancy. My only criticism would be, what I assume is common in the renting game, disagreement over deposit at the end. Overall, I do believe that it is better for renters to use a company such as Northwood over dealing direct with a private landlord.

37. 1

They manage our building
    Chris , Sharon
    S36
    £400
    Chris Sharon

Chris and Sharon are our main contacts and their service is always excellent. They have managed the property for 4 years and we have nothing but praise for their professionalism. Communication is always prompt and helpful and as we spend all summer away from Sheffield it is good to know that there is someone on hand if the tenant has any problems.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 4 -star review by ''

Chris
    S2
    Chris

Nice people to work with.
    When you are far away from the property itself it is reassuring someone is able to help the tenants with their problems.
    We had big upheavals for the tenants when major work of a month was needed. They helped with getting contractors for me so this took some of the stress for me. They visit the property regularly which is also very reassuring for me. I am on a yearly guaranteed rent scheme at the moment.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GUARANTEED RENT IS MORE BUT SUITS ME AS I AM SO FAR AWAY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  39. A 3 -star review by ''

S6
    £550
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

The staff are all very friendly and are generally quite quick at replying to queries, however they do not reliably pass information between myself and my tenants and never volunteer information without me first getting in touch with them. When I sent an email of complaint they did not even acknowledge my concerns or disappointment.

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“I would recommend improved communication skills and information sharing”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  40. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    NN2
    Daniel Dunkley

I am a tenant in a property let through Northwood lettings, while they have a pretty rigrious referencing process, the service provided is excellent throughout, their inventory of the property is very detailed and any information i required before i let the property and since I have let the property they have provided without any delay.
    All in all i have had a very satisfying experience while dealing with Northwood.

41. View All Comments (1)by Northwood Northampton  29/04/2015

Dear Sean, It makes me so happy to hear your kind comments, so thank you for taking the time to write them. It's great to have such a satisfied customer and great tenant.