Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 768 ratings. This website contains 767 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

• They manage our building2
  • They are our factor
  • They manage our estate

• They arranged our mortgage
  • Re-Mortgages (Prospective Customer)
  • Mortgages (Prospective Customer)

• Surveys2

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 26)

Page last updated on: 26-Jan-2015 20:32:49

Katherine Northampton, Daniel Dunkley
    NN8
    £600

Katherine NorthamptonDaniel Dunkley

As a landlord for several years I always sourced my own tenants and tried my best to manage all the usual challenges that this brings. After learning about Northwoods Guaranteed Rent Scheme I decided to give it a try. At first I was skeptical about value for money and whether I would still be doing the same as before, chasing tenants issues on a weekly basis. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient the process was from start to present. After delivering all the required upgrades and refurbishments, Northwood took over and handled things very professionally. All my doubts have been erased by a superb service. So to all the team in the Northampton office, well done, thank you, ITS 3 YES's FROM ME! (plus virtual bow ;-)

2. A 5-star review by ''

PE1
    £60
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Within a week of putting my property on the market, I was extremely happy, that a suitable buyer was found by the Agent at Northwood. Once the sale price was negotiated my property was taken off the market. Throughout the sale, I was kept informed via email and telephone, and on a couple of occasions was given professional advice on the best action.

I was extremely satisfied with the service I received. The team at the Peterborough Branch was professional and knowledgeable and I wish to express a huge thanks for making the transaction as stress free as possible.

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Daniel Harris
    M33

Daniel Harris

I only have good things to say about Northwood, Daniel & his team.

I have been renting my property through them for several years now and always found all the staff there courteous, professional and good at what they do.

Whenever there has been a maintenance issue it has been dealt with efficiently with my best interests at the core of any decisions they have made including making sure that I haven’t been charged for an electrician to change a bulb (as one tenant previously tried!!)

I would and have recommended people to use them and feel that they offer the personal touch as my requirements have sometimes differed from the norm and they have always accommodated that.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE COMPETITIVE BUT NOT THE CHEAPEST. I HAVE LEARNT THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND WHILST I PAID A LITTLE MORE AND HIS PROVED BETTER IN LONG RUN ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE HAD TO APPLY TO RETAIN THE TENANTS DEPOSIT.”

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    Bali Landa
    Le72
    £575

Bali Landa

I have used northwoods for many years, they have always done an excellent job in finding tenants for me. The "just find a tenant" has always worked for me and they do a very good job. I love the fact they they do everything from finding the tenant to the inventory. Bali is my first point of contact and she is very efficient, she always keeps me informed and is always polite.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE SERVICE PROVIDED IS GREAT, HOWEVER I THINK IT\'S EXPENSIVE AND YOU SHOULD GIVE A DISCOUNT TO CUSTOMERS THAT ARE REGULAR USERS AND ALSO TO CUSTOMERS THAT RECOMMEND OTHERS TO YOU. I RECOMMENDED A FRIEND AND I THINK HE USED YOU.”

5. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    AB10
    £1300
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Only have positive things to say about Northwood Aberdeen. I began renting my property through them over a year ago, they are very professional, honest, and quick to respond to any queries I have had regarding the letting process. I live overseas and was concerned about how easy it would be for Northwood to contact me, they have put me completely at ease. I get e-mails every month regarding the payment for the flat, and if there are any issues with the flat I am notified immediately by e-mail. So far I have had a CO2 alarm installed, my boiler repaired, a valuation carried out for re-mortgaging. Northwood and all the staff I have dealt with in the Aberdeen office have been fantastic, I have recommended this letting agency to friend and family who are considering renting out their properties.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR GIVEN THE MARKET IN ABERDEEN. I SHOPPED AROUND AND DID SOME RESEARCH, AND NORTHWOOD COMPARED VERY FAVOURABLY WITH OTHER LETTING AGENTS.”

6. View All Comments (1)by Matt  09/12/2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or “constructive” is very welcome.
  7. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    115 Stratford Road (Shirley) (Solihull) (West Midlands)
    B26
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They have taken Agent fees and first month rent but could not handover the flat. 2 times they changed dates and at the end they did not provide the flat.

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“They would have provide the house to me.”

8. View All Comments (1)by Brian  20/01/2015

Thank you for your comments Arun. I know you were very disappointed with the fact that the previous tenant refused to move out which I hope you understand was out of our control. We would be more than happy to help you in the future. Kind regards, Brian Dodd Branch Director
  9. 1

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Tom Richards
    HU9
    £650

Tom Richards

Having delt with this agency for a couple of years now, I have never found any quibbles whatsoever when dealing with them. The proffesional responce I always receive from these agents fill me with confidence, which in turn, makes the letting process so much more manageable for me.
    I cannot recommend this agency enough.

“WORTH EVERY PENNY”

10. View All Comments (1)by northwoodbev  09/12/2014

We are so pleased that your experience with us has been pleasant and hassle free. We always strive to maintain a professional service to all our clients so to hear such high praise fills us with enormous pride. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

NN5
    £320
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood letting Agent for over 8years and they are and will always be my number 1. They have always ensured that my property is well looked after. Communication is excellent and if there are repairs, they’re picked up early and sorted by qualified tradesmen and not forgetting that payments are made on time and as agreed. Northwood is reliable and that explains why I’ve been using them for over 8 years.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Crendon Street (High Wycombe) (Buckinghamshire)
    hp13
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Wonderful company to deal with. Very fair and efficient. Our property was always occupied and the tenants were reliable and clean.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Pe7
    £125000

Chris Peterborough

So far have been a great help during the purchase of our first property and are always happy to answer the many questions we've had. Also quick to reply to emails compared to our experience with other agents.

Branch:
    23 Crendon Street (High Wycombe) (Buckinghamshire)
    Mark Pearce, David Pearce
    HP10
    £995

Mark PearceDavid Pearce

I used Northwood to let and manage my property for 7-8 years finishing in Feb 2014. I found Mark and David to be straight talking and honest with their appraisal. Each time a tenant gave notice a new tenant was found with efficiency. I had one tenant who ran into major financial difficulties through no fault of her own and their rent guarantee scheme saved me literally thousands of pounds.

2. View All Comments (1)by adp  12/12/2014

Tim, thank you for your review of Northwood Wycombe. It was a pleasure to work with such a good Landlord.

Branch:
    81-83 South Street (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    Kirsty Lawes
    BN20
    £1125

Kirsty Lawes

Highly recommend Northwood for both tenants and landlords. They have been professional and helpful from our initial enquiry to the day we moved in, and have continued to support should we have any questions.

Our contact Kirsty went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Margaret Brickley, Sean Brickley
    EX18
    £550

Margaret BrickleySean Brickley

I cannot praise Margaret and Sean enough. They have been absolutely fantastic. They are both extremely helpful, professional and kind. The inspections were great....fully comprehensive, with descriptions and photos. They have given us advice on tenancies and dealt with our tenant really effectively....during the tenancy and when she was moving out, giving her assistance right at the end and keeping us updated throughout the whole process.

I would most definitely recommend Margaret and Sean at Northwood and wouldn't hesitate to use them again should I need to.

5. View All Comments (1)by Margaret  04/12/2014

Thanks Rachel, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a great review. We are delighted to have been of service to you and to your tenant. We wish you well and you know where we are if you need our services again.
  6. 1

Sales (as a Buyer)
    PE1

Chris Peterborough

I can thoroughly recommend Northwood's in Peterborough. We have bought two flats through them and would not hesitate to use them again. The staff without exception are efficient and helpful. They always return phone calls promptly and pass messages on. The information that they gave us was accurate and up to date. We did have some problems with the leasehold of one of the properties we were purchasing. Colin did an amazing job of negotiating and contacting everybody involved to ensure things proceeded smoothly. When there were hitches with the leasehold Northwood's provided solutions. In fact I can't speak highly enough of them. They went far beyond what could reasonably be expected of them. We have purchased a number of properties in the past and this has been by far our best experience yet of dealing with estate agents. I would give them a higher score if I could. We plan to use them again.

7. A 5-star review by ''

EX31
    £800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood provided a really comprehensive and professional service. They gave me all the relevant information and guidance at the outset and told me what to expect. They showed me examples of comparative properties and gave me an accurate estimate of the likely rental value before marketing the house for letting. They took a lot of trouble showing the property to prospective tenants and assessing the best ones to proceed with. They also produced an extremely detailed, clear and accurate inventory, with photographs, to establish the condition of the house and its fixtures and fittings at the time of letting. I was very impressed with their thoroughness and professionalism, and their competitive fees, and would recommend them to anyone thinking of letting their property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITVE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRIOR ESTIMATE.”

8. View All Comments (1)by Sean  05/12/2014

Thank You Phillip, glad we were able to help and it is pleasing to hear that our service delivery was well received.
  9. A 5-star review by ''

Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX39
    £625

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Having Northwood in Barnstaple as my letting agent has been an excellent experience. From the outset they have been friendly, personal, informative and efficient, which is why I chose them as my agent over several others that I spoke to. I have had a change of tenants once so far and they managed to get new tenants in the day after the previous tenant moved out, which was very reassuring and meant no vacant period. They are fast at responding to all of my emails and statements arrive very promptly. All in all I cannot fault them and I am sure they will continue to be excellent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE VERY REASONABLE AND VERY COMPARABLE WITHIN THE CURRENT SELECTION OF LETTING AGENTS.”

10. View All Comments (1)by Sean  05/12/2014

Thanks Suzie really appreciate your kind comments and we hope to continue to provide excellent service and ensure your property is looked after in a professional manner.

Branch:
    46-48 George Street (Oldham) (Lancashire)
    OL3
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood marketed my property for a new tenant along with carrying out the relevant checks, references, viewings, tests and tenancy agreement. A tenant was found very quickly and their service was extremely professional. I would certainly work with these guys again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    15-17 Broad Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG6
    £305000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood and Bethan were excellent throughout the sale of my house. From the beginning they arranged plenty of viewings and made sure the property value was accurate. During the sale of the property I moved 250 miles away and Northwood made sure the fact I was not local didn't impact the sale. There were last minute requirements from the buyer, this again was no trouble for Bethan and Northwood. I don't have anything negative to say about the experience!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Dan Warnock-Smith
    M32
    £400

Dan Warnock-Smith

Daniel is very good at keeping us informed of issues/events with the property He offers good advice on solutions to problems. He is very good at sourcing and managing tradesmen as required.
    He also offered good advice in selling the property, including sourcing legal advice.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    Hassett House (Bedford) (Bedfordshire)
    MK41
    £650
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood has let me down in this way:
    -They never changed the filter in the kitchen extractor over the cooker for the whole length of nearly 3 years tenancy. Then they charged me a cleaning bill , even when they do regular visits to check the property and they say everything is fine .
    - The period coming to the end of the tenancy , they did not advice me of visitors coming to see the property.
    - It took me 4 months to recover my deposit and I had to chase them up for a reply.
    If that is a business, I like their business model.
    Good luck ,

Daniel Dunkley, Stephanie
    NN4
    £420

Daniel DunkleyStephanie

Northwoods were extremely quick and efficient in responding to my initial query, answering any questions I had and getting back to me quickly. I was able to set a date, stick to it, and they were extremely accommodating. Payments also commenced quickly. Recommended.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    129 Havant Road (Drayton) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    gillian wakeford
    Po9
    £725

gillian wakeford

I was a tenant with northwood for 4yrs I found the level of service was above average. My point of contact was Gillian Wakeford as she deals with the rental clients. She was always willing to help and if she couldn't would always advise me otherwise. The rest of the office staff where always very helpfully too if Gillian wasn't in the office. All in all very pleasant and helpful estate agent.

Branch:
    15-17 Broad Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Bethan Coe
    RG41
    £240000

Bethan Coe

I Have used Northwoods Wokingham for the last 6 years to let my property and they have also just sold it for me. I found them to be very reliable on letting, I had the guaranteed income service, which proved to be perfect for me living so far away from the property. I found all the staff very helpful and efficient during my rental contract. I then put the property on the market in September through Northwoods, the way they dealt with everything was amazing. I had very little to do and they looked after me and my property very well. The property sold in November and all dealing went very smoothly. I may well invest in another rental property and will use Northwoods again, I just hope the Wiltshire/Hampshire offices are just as good as Wokingham. I am happy to give recommendation to other property owners, certainly for the Wokingham branch.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FOUND THESE TO BE VERY FAIR AND ACCEPTABLE.”

YO10
    £440

Adam King

The individual agent - and everyone at the agency who has had any contact with me - has been helpful, kind and gone to all lengths to help me through a process which I was both new to and fearful of. I am now sitting back and watching the money go into my bank account! I would strongly urge anyone seeking to improve on interest rates to go down the guaranteed rental route. Although your capital is tied up in the property this can surely only improve in the months/years to come and meanwhile it is attracting what amounts to a good rate of interest while the agency does all the work for you!

5. A 5-star review by ''

YO10
    £440

6. View All Comments (1)by Catrina  24/11/2014

Thank you for such positive feedback on our Guaranteed Rent this is what sets Northwood apart from other high street letting agents. Catrina Merrigan Branch Manager
  7. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    Property Management
    Andy McGarrick
    LE4
    £285

Andy McGarrick

Having made use of the Platinum service for 10 years I would have no hesitation in recommending Andy and his team at Northwood. The service gives me peace of mind when I am overseas, the tenants are always respectful of the property, the property inspections are frequent and I am kept in the loop as much as I want to be. Communication is friendly and professional and I know my property is in safe hands at all times.

8. View All Comments (1)by Andy McG  25/11/2014

Karen Thank you for your comments, most importantly to confirm that our goals in providing peace of mind are serving your needs; as I envy your travels (!) it's good to know that our Guaranteed Scheme helps in a small way to help you feel things are being looked after properly back here in Blighty.
  9. 1

catrina merrigan
    YO32
    £840

catrina merrigan

I would just like to thank Northwood for their help when I had an emergency with a blocked toilet and two children! Catrina was thankfully in the office when the first plumber couldnt fix the problem and she tracked down another plumber who came out of hours and fixed the problem within 10 minutes. Problem solved and contacted the next day to make sure everthing was ok.
    Thanks again

10. View All Comments (1)by Catrina  24/11/2014

Northwood York treat tenants and landlords equally we are here to provide you with the best customer service possible. It was my pleasure to help and to know that everything got resolved. Catrina Merrigan Branch Manager

Stephanie
    NN5
    £375

Stephanie

I have been acting on behalf of a tenant of Northwood for the past few months and can only say good about this company. I have mainly dealt with Stephanie but if Stephanie was unavailable I have always been dealt with by very polite, friendly and professional members of staff in the Northampton branch. From enquiring about other potential properties in the area to making payments over the phone and to discuss the account of the tenant, I can honestly say I am very impressed with how Northwood deal with their tenants and how friendly and helpful everyone is. It makes you very confident that they will do their very best to help you whatever the enquiry may be and I would most certainly recommend them to prospective customers. Well done Northwood - A big thumbs up from me!

12. 4
    people found this

A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    Hyde Park House (Mutley Plain) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    Hayley Byrne
    PL3
    £450

Hayley Byrne

Hayley is really friendly which make people feel comfortable to talk to her. She also response my emails quickly to answer my requirement and keep me up to date.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    15 Chatsworth Road (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    BN11
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Really enjoyed letting our house through Northwood, very pleasant company to work with. The tenants they found were very pleasant.