Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 539 ratings. This website contains 538 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 18)

Page last updated on: 28-Aug-2014 03:33:43

1. A 5-star review by 'Jacqui Lawrance' 9/7/2014

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    , Kate Stainsby
    GL4

Kate Stainsby

Northwood took over the management of my property back in November 2013 and I can honestly state that I have found them to be extremely professional, courteous and true to their word. I have every confidence in their approach to the management of my property and feel safe and secure in the knowledge that my property is in good hands. Thankyou ladies at Northwood.

2. A 5-star review by 'The Grahams' 8/7/2014

wr3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

At northwood, they were fantastically helpful, supportive and professional, as well as treating us personally for what we needed as tenants. They are clear, quick and efficient, willing to do all they can to make a stressful process easier.
    They are utterly trustworthy and do not have any hidden costs. They are meticulous in doing an inventory so as to protect both the landlord and the tenants.
    We love the team at northwood and would recommend them to anyone, we especially appreciated their kind token when they gave us a welcome to your new home card, it was the first thing that went up in our new home to make it feel bright and welcoming! Thanks to all the team! The Grahams.

3. A 4-star review by 'CM' 7/7/2014

Branch:
    3 Frances Street (Truro) (Cornwall)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent's staff did what they said they would do and matched me with a great property quickly

4. View All Comments (1)by Northwood Cornwall  07/07/2014

I'm sorry you wouldn't use us again despite us having matched you with a great property, quickly. Please don't hesitate to call to let us know how we may have turned the experience into one where you would use us again? We greatly value your feedback. Northwood Cornwall management team.
  5. A 5-star review by 'A Happy Customer' 7/7/2014

Lauren Allcoat
    WR3

Lauren Allcoat

Great agency with excellent customer service and a friendly feel to it. Totally professional with their dealings but also willing to help when needed. Lauren was great in finding me a place and organised my move quickly and efficiently. I was only with them for 6 months as moved out of the area but would highly recommend to anyone looking to rent in Worcester.

6. A 5-star review by 'Lindsey' 4/7/2014

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Duncan Burge
    SE5
    £380000

Duncan Burge

I first met Duncan when he came to do an appraisal for my property. I decided to instruct Northwood to sell my property even though I had other agents contacting me to instruct them with the sale. I found Duncan to be very knowledgable and gave a realistic price that could be attained. Duncan handled all the viewings and within a couple of weeks achieved an offer over the asking price. Duncan followed through with the progress of the sale until completion and kept me regularly updated.

7. A 5-star review by 'Paulo' 3/7/2014

, London London
    SE6
    £950

London London

When I came to view 148 sangley Road I had already called dozens of Estate Agents and viewed a fair amount of flats, however when I mentioned that I had dogs no-one cared any longer. With Northwood was different. They cared. When I mentioned it, Dean said that he would speak to the owner but it shouldn't be a problem. And it wasn't, I simply paid a slightly higher deposit than usual because I had pets. I just wish other estate agents cared a bit more when it comes to pets owners.

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'linda' 3/7/2014

, London London
    SE18
    £830

London London

It was a pleasure renting with Northwood agency , this is the first time I have rented a property with an agency and I am fully satisfied of the service provided, good customer service and prompt response for any problem had.

9. A 5-star review by 'Rebecca' 2/7/2014

Branch:
    5A St James Street ( ) (Derby) (Derbyshire)
    De65

Outstanding service!!
    Staff were always on hand to help with any issues and prompt to arrange repairs or services. Having used a few letting agents, the service from northwood has been outstanding and the staff have been extremely helpful. Thank for all you assistance over the last 2 years

10. A 5-star review by 'Tiffany' 2/7/2014

Stuart London
    BR1
    £1250

Stuart London

I am extremely pleased with the service that Northwood have provided. My last agent (Leaders, in Bromley) had badly managed my property and my house was completely trashed. During the refurbishing process, I had a lot of issues with cowboy builders and as an oversea's landlady it was particularly hard for me to manage this. Northwood have been very helpful during such a difficult time, they followed up things with me without charging me a penny while I was oversea's. The whole refurbishment project was carried out in 6 months and their help has been very consistant. They are friendly and responsible and my house is now back in the marketplace where they gave me a very good rate and have already found really good tanents as they promised. I highly recommend Northwood Bromley Branch to anyone and thanks Stuart, Ben and Dean for all your help.

11. A 4-star review by 'JWillis' 25/6/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Siobhan Hayes
    BS3
    £775

Siobhan Hayes

Northwood are my current agents and they treated us really well when we moved into our property with no complications. They are always friendly and helpful. Few issues to report (washing machine broke down & fan stopped working in bathroom) but quick to respond when things do. We have been here 2 years now and couldn't complain!! Highly recommend!!

12. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  26/06/2014

JWillis, thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated. I hope you continue to be happy in your home.

1. A 5-star review by 'Mrs C' 25/6/2014

CA1
    £495
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I changed to Northwood as my previous agent was poor with communication. Since changing some 5 years ago, I've found the guys at Northwood extremely professional, approachable, helpful and they offer excellent value for money.

2. A 5-star review by 'Pawel' 25/6/2014

Jonathan Edwards, Lauren Allcoat
    WR3
    £750

Jonathon EdwardsLauren Allcoat

A remarkably proactive agent. I was able to have a frank discussion about what rent to expect and how quickly they thought the property would let. I mainly dealt with Jonathan and Lauren after all the referencing, who was professional and friendly. I found Northwood really approachable and extremely patient, and had the answers for me in a matter of minutes. Northwood remained extremely impartial throughout the whole process and turned a huge issue into an easy solution. After having numerous problems with other agencies in previous rents, Northwood has really changed my opinion on how easy it is to solve any rental issues. I wholeheartedly recommend Northwood as one of (if not thee) best in the business.

3. A 1-star review by 'primrose26' 25/6/2014

Branch:
    57 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    , Warminster Warminster
    ba12
    £950

Warminster Warminster

When we rented a 4 bed house through Northwood we paid a £1900 deposit. The deposit was paid to Northwood so we presumed the deposit would be protected by Northwood. Not so. The deposit was paid to the landlady and it would seem that she is now directly responsible to return it. Northwood have made it very clear that they have no further dealings with the deposit side of things.
    The landlady hasn't protected the deposit with the tenancy deposit protection scheme as stated in her contract and although the house has been left in good order and everything seemed fine for the deposit to be returned - we have still seen no sign of the deposit.
    Although Northwood have made all the arrangements for the next tenants to move in, they do not seem interested in our concerns about the deposit. Not only does our landlady still hold our deposit of £1900 but she now also has a deposit of £1900 for the new tenants.

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“The agent should have made it very clear to us that the deposit paid to them was not their responsibility and that we should make sure that a tenancy deposit protection scheme should be used.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Woody' 25/6/2014

CA2
    £430
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood since they opened 7 years ago, I have a great close working relationship with the staff, after using several other agents in the town, I would strongly recommend Northwood. I look forwards to working with them in the future.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Matthew' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Sara Bulter
    NE42
    £172000

Sara Bulter

We found ourselves accidental landlords when we were unable to find a buyer for our late parents' home. It has to be said that we found the experience not particularly pleasant or profitable. However, without Northwood's support it would have been far worse. Their attention to detail and rapid response from finding a tenant through issues during occupancy, to check out, was nothing short of superb. We therefore had no hesitation in giving them the opportunity to sell the property when the tenancy ended. Their marketing literature for the property was first class, and again their responsiveness excellent.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Ms AH' 24/6/2014

CA6
    £205000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would just like to say how impressed we have been throughout with the service received from all the personnel at Northwood in Carlisle. We had our property up with an agent previously and changed to Northwood, very noticeable the differences between a firm who knows how to sell and one that says they do! Definitely recommend them.

7. A 5-star review by 'Christopher' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    Ip1
    £610
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I first went to Northwood when I found out that they did a service of guaranteed rent. I'd never rented a property before so was a little apprehensive on what to do but Northwood sat me down and talked me through every step and made sure I fully understood. They were so helpful and made it so I had no stress. The ladies were lovely and I felt that I had known them years because they have off such a warm welcome! I would recommend them to anyone looking to rent. It's the best investment I made.

8. A 5-star review by 'A T of Horfield' 23/6/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Bs7
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

As a first time landlord I was nervous and wary of letting my home. I can honestly say all fears were totally allayed by the support n service from the Northwood team. They just made it simple, from the basics of quickly finding tenants to switching my utilities n a nice inventory. Highly recommend.

9. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  26/06/2014

A T, thank you for your comments. Glad we could help and be of service to you.
  10. A 5-star review by 'Happy Bromley Landlord' 22/6/2014

BR1
    £900
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Superb service from all of the team, very friendly and always responding to questions quickly and reassuring me that letting my property would be okay. Payments made on time and consistent communication throughout the tenancy. I would definitely recommend Northwood in Bromley.

11. A 5-star review by 'Kathryn Nicholson' 22/6/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Paolo Nigrelli
    NE8
    £1700500

Paolo Nigrelli

I was very impressed with the service I received from Paolo Nigrelli and his team both as a landlady and also in selling my property. They managed to get me a sale very quickly and it has been a pleasure to speak to the office when I have had queries. They always get back to me with answers to my questions and I would recommend them highly to anyone who may wish to use them as Agents.

1. A 4-star review by 'Robert Turner' 19/6/2014

SM3
    £850

Natalie Willson

Natalie has successively marketed two rental properties for us.
    She proved very attentive to both us and prospective tenants
    She is very experienced and offers well founded advice on all matters concerning property rental
    We will certainly be happy to use her services again in the future

2. View All Comments (1)by Laura - Administator  25/06/2014

Thank you for your review Robert.
  3. A 5-star review by 'Pixie' 18/6/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street ( ) (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    ex39
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They were absolutely brilliant. They went the extra mile to make me feel valued as a customer. Upon receiving my viewing date and time, they then sourced me a bus timetable and a list of B&B's where I could stay overnight. They were very friendly and professional and I am pleased to be one of their tenants and look forward to continuing my tenancy with them.

4. 1

A 1-star review by 'Oggy' 18/6/2014

, Carlisle Carlisle
    CA4
    £500

Carlisle Carlisle

Avoid renting from Northwood if at all possible, apart from the fact they charge the highest fees, and you never get to speak to the same person when you call their office, they will also try and visit the property you are renting by not trying to agree a time with their tenant to visit that is mutually convenient. They do it by sending emails giving a vague couple of days they may visit on (ie Wednesday or Thursday) and telling you it is not necessary for you to be there if you tell them that those are not convenient days! They were pushy and if tenants did not know that Northwood don't have... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“By following the law.”

5. View All Comments (1)by Gordon  24/06/2014

Dear Oggy Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I'm sorry you felt the need to. I have detailed a response below but would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matter with you, so please could you contact our office and ask for me personally. Northwood are members of the Property Ombudsman, we are also OFT approved and pride ourselves on our customer service, so please get in touch. Our fees are mid range and competitive against our competition. We are a busy office and have 10 staff in order to effectively manage our portfolio of properties. It is no surprise that... (read more)
  6. A 4-star review by 'Geoff' 16/6/2014

KT4
    £1100

Natalie Willson

Following an episode with a difficult tenancy I engaged the services of Natalie to let my apartment on The Hamptons. Her professional approach and experience in identifying suitable candidates provided me with number of viewings over a few days. Within a short space of time I received an offer from a young professional person and this arrangement is now in its third year of tenancy. I have also sought advice from Natalie on the lettings potential of other property and she has been most knowledgeable in response. I won't hesitate to call upon her services in future.

Geoff - Worcester Park Landlord

7. View All Comments (1)by Laura - Administator  25/06/2014

Thank you for your kind review Geoff.
  8. A 5-star review by 'Liz' 16/6/2014

SM2
    £1750

Natalie Willson

My experience with letting my house was a positive one and made all the easier by Natalie's consistent effort in finding me a tenant. She went above and beyond what is expected of a letting agent and would recommend her highly. I would definitely use her services again' LH Cheam

9. View All Comments (1)by Laura - Administator  18/06/2014

Thank you for the kind review Liz. We are happy to hear everything went well, when selling your house. We would be more than happy to provide you with our service again in the future.
  10. 1

A 1-star review by 'P' 12/6/2014

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    3BY
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I called the Northwood Aberdeen office to ask about a property, which was listed to citylets. The lady who picked up the phone was unreasonably rude. She asked if I was in full time employment and I told her that I am. After that she wanted to know if I am looking for an apartment alone or with a partner. I told her that I have a partner with whom I am looking for properties and she asked me if my partner was also working full time. I told her calmly that he is a student. The lady turned suddenly very rude. She shouted that both tenants should be in full time employment and when I was going to ask if that is the policy in all the Northwood´s properties she hang up. I felt so angry as I was treated like a child. Their advertisement didn´t have a word about anything like this. I am not going to use ever their services and I won´t recommend this agency for anyone. My partner is a hardworking mature student and he will start working very soon. It wouldn´t even cross my mind to contact them when my partner has graduated.

11. View All Comments (1)by Matt  02/07/2014

Dear Caller I am truly sorry that you felt you had a bad experience with us. We do have a complaints procedure detailed on our web-site should you wish to follow this up, as i have no record of a complaint in respect of your call. I can assure you that all of my team are trained to conduct themselves in a professional manner providing first class service at all times. When a landlord has requested enquiries from those in full time employment this is detailed in the marketing description. However I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how you felt you were treated. Yours sincerely Matt Pullinger Director
  12. A 1-star review by 'Ellie' 12/6/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street ( ) (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    EX31
    £725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I put down a holding deposit on a property to rent, and was assured that no other prospective tenants would be put forward and that there was no reason that the landlord wouldn't go ahead as I was exactly what they were looking for.
    I filled out the application form that day, and gave a deposit of £200 "holding fee" on the spot.
    I emailed a few days later to be told that my referencing had all been successful and they would let me know when the landlord got back to them.
    I didn't hear anything for a week, then when I emailed them, they said they'd had someone else come and put a holding deposit on the property after me and had decided to go with him.
    So basically they lied by telling me that my holding deposit would ensure no one else was put forward.
    This has meant that I turned down another property and am left with no where to live and only a month to go.
    AVOID.

13. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  12/06/2014

We are sorry that our reservation process hasn't been fully understood. For clarity, all applications must be submitted with £200 reservation fee. This does not guarantee that an application will be the sole one put forward to the Landlord for consideration but allows the referencing process to get underway. On completion of successful referencing, applications are passed to the Landlord to make a decision as to who they would like to accept as tenants. Any unsuccessful applications have the reservation fee refunded in full. We will endeavour to ensure that this is clarified to all future applicants. We are sorry that our service standards havent met your expectations on this occassion.
  14. A 5-star review by 'Linda Morrissy' 11/6/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Property Management
    Helen Atkinson
    RG12
    £620

Helen Atkinson

Northwood have been excellent every step of the way - from inspecting the property to assess the rental potential, vetting prospective tenants, paying rental money into my bank account and keeping me updated about any niggles, I.e storm damage to fences etc.

I can thoroughly recommend Northwood to anyone wanting to rent out a property without the hassle!

15. A 5-star review by 'Nicolas Korovesis' 6/6/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG12
    £1500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood staff have been very professional, always prompt, informative, interested, caring, involved and all around made us feel welcomed. I would recommend them to anyone who needs an agent for their housing needs.

16. A 5-star review by 'carol B' 4/6/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    ip4
    £510
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to thank all the staff team at Northwood, Ipswich for the excellent service and support given whilst letting a flat on the Waterfront. Both the facilities and services were excellent, and I fully recommend Northwood to future tenants for the care and attention given. All queries were dealt with immediately, which made everything so easy from signing the letting agreement to finally terminating the letting contract due to moving away from Ipswich - the services and support were great, so a big thank you to all at Northwood, Ipswich.