Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Agent rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 1197 ratings. This website contains 1196 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 159 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Northwood is a growing network of independently owned businesses operating with a common goal; to provide a professional service and take the risks out of being a landlord.

Our highly popular Guaranteed Rent service ensures you get the rent even if the tenant fails to pay. What's more we cover void periods and any legal issues associated with problem tenants - what's more, there is no commission and no fees.

We also offer traditional lettings and sales services too and have become leaders in buy to let properties. Each office has a local director who is hands on ensuring local knowledge and national strength.

As founding members of SAFEagent, we pride ourselves on complying with every element of legislation & regulation and continue our campaign to improve consumer rights.

Page last updated on: 03-Aug-2015 20:07:42

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 40)

1. 4

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Jemma Mead, mandy
    SO40
    £795
    Jemma Meadno photo
    Jemma Meadmandy

I met Jemma at the house I am now renting through Northwoods. She was warm and welcoming at the house and although there were potential clients leaving and arriving she didn't rush me. Jemma was informative and showed empathy to my circumstances to renting.

I was over the moon when I called the next day and it was clarified the property was going to be mine to rent.
    I met Mandy at the office a few days later and the rental agreement was processed quickly and professionally. Again the ladies in the office were friendly and welcoming while my son and I were there.

I found Northwoods accommodating to a dates that were suitable for myself and the landlord. I had a couple of minor maintenence issues that were addressed very quickly.

Overall, a very pleasent experience. Thank you. We are very happy!

2. 5

Siobhan Hayes, Hayley Redgwell
    BS13
    £650
    Siobhan HayesHayley Redgwell
    Siobhan HayesHayley Redgwell

We have used Northwood letting agents for over 10 years.
    We have always used the guaranteed rental scheme because even when the property is empty there are no void periods. Siobhan is always very helpful, extremely friendly and she always makes sure our monthly payment is paid on time. Hayley is also great she knows our property very well and nothing is too much trouble.
    They do regular inspections and their attention to detail on the reports are second to none.
    I really don't want to leave anyone out! so I must say that the whole team are all very professional.

3. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  27/07/2015

Hi Debbie, on behalf of Hayley, the team and myself I would like to say thank you for your review. Glad we have been able to provide you with a good service all these years. Siobhan
  4. 4

BS14
    £680
    Hayley Redgwell

I am pleased with the service provided. Hayley and the rest of the team are on the ball,providing a cost effective solution to any issues/problems that arise.I have been a customer for a number of years and would recommend Northwood as a letting agent.

5. View All Comments (1)by Hayley  27/07/2015

Thank you for your review Ian. I'm pleased that you are happy with the service that we provide and hope this continues.
  6. 4

Wendy Tolfrey, ben sadler-coates
    £695
    Wendy Tolfreyben sadler-coates

Northwood have been excellent to work with. Everything has been absolutely hassle free and on their guaranteed rent scheme I literally do not have to wory about a thing. Communication is always good and responsive. Just signed up for another three years with them :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR EPECIALLY CONSIDERING THEY GUARANTEE MY RENT WHETHER THE TENANTS PAY OR NOT.”

7. 4

Branch:
    55-57 Mesnes Street (Wigan) (Greater Manchester)
    Nicola Winnard, Sarah Elliott
    WN1
    £835
    Nicola WinnardSarah Elliott
    Nicola WinnardSarah Elliott

Very helpful throughout the whole process. There was no chasing required, Northwood had everything in place and were very quick to answer any questions and to help us with all we needed. They made moving across the country much easier than we thought it would be.

8. 4

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Gosia Prazeniak, Eliot Putman
    LE18
    £400
    Gosia PrazeniakEliot Putman

Every dealing I have had with staff has been positive. They are professional, knowledgable and always stick to their word in sorting out any issues. Communication and contact is excellent - I am kept updated but not hassled with every little problem.
    My property was let very quickly and I do not have anything to do with it I just receive the money every month regardless if the tenant has paid or if the property is empty. With previous letting agents they involved me in every little problem even though I was paying for a fully managed service I felt I was sorting out a lot of the problems myself and also was regularly paid late or not at all.
    If you want an easy hassle free life with no involvement in the letting process and guaranteed income I would definitely recommend Northwood. 5* service

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES CHARGED ARE APPROPRIATE TO THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE AND SECURITY OF GUARANTEED INCOME”

9. View All Comments (1)by Andy McG  27/07/2015

Thank you, Jane, for your endorsement of our service: what you describe is exactly the standard we aim to achieve, security and peace of mind for our clients, and great homes for our tenants. I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to support Gosia and Eliot so strongly. Andy McGarrick, Director
  10. 3

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Gosia Prazeniak
    LE8
    £525
    Gosia Prazeniak

Minimal contact...in other words, minimal hassle. Only in contact for the important stuff and nothing trivial. Very efficient and prompt with any requests

11. View All Comments (1)by Andy McG  27/07/2015

Thank you for your comments: very much to the point and exactly what we try to promote - let us take the hassle! It matters to me what our clients think of the way we do things, so you taking the trouble to write a review is very much appreciated. Andy McGarrick, Director
  12. 3

Branch:
    I - Land Building, 70 Bromsgrove Street (Southside) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Freda Kendall, Aaran Ryatt
    B5
    £695
    Freda KendallAaran Ryatt
    Freda KendallAaran Ryatt

I have only recently started using Northwood, but so far, their service has been impeccable. They are efficient, extremely friendly and approachable and have exceeded my expectations in the rental of my property.

13. View All Comments (1)by Scorpio88  29/07/2015

Thank you for your kind words, so pleased you have been happy with ther service to date. Kind regards Freda Kendall
  14. 3

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Kieran
    SO15
    £535
    Kieran

All the staff members I came into contact with at the branch were polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. The agent negotiated with the current tenant on my behalf and was patient when explaining the sign-up process for the flat. I am very satisfied with the service I have received so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER THAN OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA.”

15. 3

rh6
    £1100
    Wendy TolfreyPeter Green

Wendy has been very helpful and efficient, and I feel very confident in using Northwood. I've always had great service.

16. 3

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (East Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    se22
    £1750
    Stuart Williams

The agent provided very competent service was prompt in all dealings,offered reasonable fees and was both helpful and informative.
    We will certainly avail ourselves of the service in future.

“REASONABLE”

17. View All Comments (1)by Stuart  24/07/2015

Colin, Thanks for the review. We will continue to keep you informed and look after your house.
  18. 2

Peter Green, Wendy Tolfrey
    Rh10
    Sold Price
    £20000
    Peter GreenWendy Tolfrey

I used Northwood for around 7 years and not once did I have any problems with them. They were always prompt in communicating whether it be maintenance, Tennant or inspection issues. They are a very professional and helpful company. I strongly recommend them.

19. 5

Elaine
    SM1
    £850
    Elaine

I have let my property via the Sutton branch of Northwood for the last twelve years. Throughout this period Northwood have always promptly found good tenants for the flat and have helped me in fnding good local contractors when minor works have been required. Elaine in particular is a real star and looks after my flat as if it was her property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAY A FEE FOR THE FINDING OF THE TENANT WHICH IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED”

20. 3

Bill Sellers, Elaine
    SM1
    Bill Sellersno photo
    Bill SellersElaine

I have been very happy with the service I receive from Northwood Lettings for the last 10 years. They are courteous, helpful and nothing is too much for them. Even when staff members have left the transition has always been smooth and seamless. I would definitely recommend Northwood Lettings to anyone in the Sutton/Carshalton area.

21. 2

bs14
    £650
    Hayley Redgwell

I've met hayley a few times very helpful member of northwood team had hayley for my property check they have been fine I always fill happy for hayley to be in my flat very respectful of everything and wish her the best with future tenants and happy to see hayley again

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FILL THE LONG TERM TENANTS SHOULD BE ALOUD A YEARLY CONTRACT AS I FILL THE 6 MONTHS COMES AROUND FAST AND I FIND IT HARD FINDING 50 POUNDS EACH 6 MONTHS WELL MORE LIKE FOUR BECAUSE IT'S TAKEN TWO MONTHS BEFOREHAND”

22. View All Comments (1)by Hayley  24/07/2015

Thank you Emma, this is much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you at your next inspection.
  23. 4

Conna Barker, Zulekha Warid
    sm2
    Conna BarkerZulekha Warid
    Conna BarkerZulekha Warid

I have used Northwoods (Sutton) for approx. 15 years to manage initially 3 flats but now just 2 after having sold one of them Throughout this time the staff have been very helpful and proffesional under all circumstances and have always vetted and found perfect tenants and never have I had to worry regarding rents etc.
    The team under Bill Sellars although various staff have moved on have always been there for me.
    I cannot rate this agency and team more highly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE PROMPT AND FAIR”

24. 2

Branch:
    21 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    Mark Bembrick
    Co1
    £800
    Mark Bembrick

I have had very good experience with this agents. All staff are very helpful and friendly, Very thorough. I am very pleased with the service I received and am still receiving.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE AND ALSO VERY FAIR.”

25. 2

Peter Green, Wendy Tolfrey
    £1000
    Peter GreenWendy Tolfrey

We found Northwood Crawley to be very professional and helpful.
    We have tried a few other letting agents previously and they are by far the best.
    As a result we currently have a two year contract with them to look after our property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD ACHIEVED A HIGHER RENT THAN I PREVIOUSLY HAD.”

26. 2

£680
    Wendy TolfreyPeter Green

We live overseas and had previously let our property through another agent for many years but had a bad experience towards the end. Contacting Northwoods restored our faith and both Peter Green and Wendy Tolfrey were very helpful in sorting out all our problems. We now have satisfied tenants, we receive monthly statements and the service we expect from a reliable real estate agent. We would thoroughly recommend them to any prospective landlord

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE HAVE RENT GUARANTEE CONTRACT SO OUR INCOME IS NET AND WE RECEIVE OUR PAYMENT IRRESPECTIVE OF A TENANT OR NOT. A GREAT SYSTEM FOR AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD”

27. 2

Branch:
    333 Hartshill Road (Hartshill) (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Dominic , Hannah
    st4
    Dominic Hannah

I viewed three properties with this agent, although we have now decided to stay where we are for another 6 months, I will certainly visit Northwood when we are looking to rent our next house. Dom showed us round first, he was knowledgeable and very friendly, Hannah showed us the 3rd house and actually seemed interested in what we were looking for, taking the time get to know us and what we needed from a home. Best viewings we had, highly recommended.

28. 3

Branch:
    729 Lincoln Road (New England) (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    PE2
    £575
    Colin Chapman

Northwood have been excellent throughout our tenancy. They have responded to any issues promptly and have been so easy to let through. We mostly dealt with Colin who has gone above and beyond in assisting us with queries. We really appreciate the help he has given us and were really grateful that he secured us our full deposit back. Unlike some agents that give the impression they are just concerned with getting tenants in, we felt Northwood were very genuine letting agents and would definitely recommend for others to let through them.

29. 2

£780
    Wendy TolfreyPeter Green

I had already used Northwood Crawley to sell my family home and knew from initially meeting the manager that they were a professionally run organisation. When I decided to buy to let I had no hesitation in contacting Northwood. As a novice I was given clear and precise information and above all choices. I was never rushed and always treated with courtesy whenever Northwood needed to contact me. As for me I rarely contact them as frankly everything runs so smoothly there is no need. Payment is always prompt. Choices of my own contractors where work is required are also given but Northwood are happy to arrange contractors if you need them to. The fact that I'm paid even if there is no tenant through the course of my contract is very reassuring. I would definitely recommend Northwood Crawley.

30. 2

Wendy Tolfrey, Sue Hall
    Wendy TolfreySue Hall

Professional, friendly and reliable, I have used Northwoods happily for a number of years. I think the Guaranteed Rent plan is excellent.

31. 1

£595
    Wendy Tolfrey

Right from day one, Wendy and all the staff at Northwood have been nothing but amazing in helping look after my biggest investment-my house!
    Initially, I was worried about renting out my house (as I was new to being a Landlord) but I really shouldn't have worried as they really care about their landlords as well as tenants.

Northwood are always at the end of the phone, dealing very efficiently with small details as well as slightly bigger issues in a professional and timely manner. I have recommended them to friends and would not hesitate to again in the future.

Over the last 6 years, I have been very happy for Northwood to manage my property under the Guaranteed rent scheme. Thank you again Northwood!

Comments on the Agents fees

“I'M UNDER THE GUARANTEED RENT SCHEME AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD TENANTS IN MY PROPERTY SO HAVE ALWAYS HAD RENT COMING IN. I THINK THE FEES ARE VERY REASONABLE FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVE.”

32. 1

Wendy Tolfrey, Gemma
    £1100
    Wendy TolfreyGemma

We used the guaranteed rent / fully managed scheme to ensure income.

Painless and fuss free, even when we had property issues not of the tenants causing. Best of all, they got to deal with the tenant who had, shall we say, unrealistic expectations of rental property management...

Comments on the Agents fees

“WERE TOLD UPFRONT OF THE RENTAL CHOICES, WE WENT IN EYES OPEN.”

33. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    193 Mill Road (Cambridge) (Cambridgeshire)
    CB2
    £1300
    Mathew Maltby

I moved to Cambridge mid April 2015, and Mathew has been extensively helpful as well as being patient in regards to many issues that I had in my new apartment. His knowledge and expertise has helped and made my rather not smooth move to Cambridge a better experience and I highly command him for his hard work.

34. View All Comments (1)by Mathew  23/07/2015

Hi Dr. Imanikia Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave a review for me and then thank you once again for commending me on my work, I am really pleased that we had a positive effect on you and made your transaction into Cambridge a better experience for you.
  35. 1

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Buying agent
    Mark Winkworth, Will
    BA12
    Mark WinkworthWill

I would have no hesitation at all in recommending Northwood in Warminster. I did not market my property with Northwood nor did I ultimately purchase through Northwood. However, the service I received through the company in my search for a suitable property can only be described as above and beyond. Both Mark & Will have gone above and beyond over the past three months in their endeavours to locate a suitable property for me. The girls in the office always responded in an affable manor given that at times they must have been tired of my constant enquiries for "Any new properties on the market?" However, perhaps the most impressive aspect throughout has been a very simple yet easily overlooked courtesy.................. if they say they will call you, they do! Many thanks to all and I'm only sorry you didn't make any money out of me on this occasion, I have no doubt next time I'm buying/selling a property you will!

36. 1

Rh10
    £900
    Wendy Tolfrey

When I met Wendy from Northwood in Crawley, her professionalism gave me the confidence that I was looking for in a property manager. Since moving to Australia over 6 years ago tenancies, changes to tenants, maintenance and repairs, communication and financial mangement have been handled smoothly, and the whole experience has been positive, painless and worry free.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGHER THAN AVERAGE BUT THAT PAYS FOR PEACE OF MIND.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  37. A 5 -star review by ''

Megan Scannell, Wendy Tolfrey
    £800
    Megan ScannellWendy Tolfrey

Wendy always sends me accurate market figures for my property.

I am impressed with the property inspections that are carried out regularly and get feedback from Nicola Brown, who I feel goes that extra mile.

“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 4 -star review by ''

Wendy Tolfrey, Megan Scannell
    £1200
    Wendy TolfreyMegan Scannell

Helpful, informative and quick to resolve any issues we or our tenants may have had.
    Regular inspections of the property has taken the worry out of letting the property to tenants. The property is always in good condition, clean and looked ater any time we have needed to visit which has not been often as there has been little need.