Browse agents by letter
';

Agent rating: 3.9 out of 5.0 based on 428 ratings. This website contains 427 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 3 of 15)

Page last updated on: 18-Apr-2014 07:59:31

1. 3

A 1-star review by 'househunter' 27/1/2014

1 Bellvue Road
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    SO18
    Would you use the agent again? No

Its a known fact that moving into a new place is so stressful and time consuming process. We had seen about a dozen properties in Southampton and after much deliberation we chose this property advertised by Northwood and they were at first willing to come down by 10pounds per month on the rent. After sitting on my application for 2 weeks they said the current tenant is going to continue staying there and we are not going to get the flat! It was a blatant lie as I could see the same property advertised again in many different websites. As a result we lost other properties which we had liked... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Atleast when the lady called me she could have been a little polite and understanding instead of being so rude and not even letting me speak! Never seen such kind of nasty people ever!”

2. A 5-star review by 'Gerard Berlie' 25/1/2014

Helen Atkinson
    RG40
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to thank Helen and the rest of the team in Wokingham for their proactive "can do approach " that they show in the management of my property. I have had a great deal of experience with other agents ( as I own a number of BTL properties) and can honestly say that I have never had such a stress free relationship. THANK YOU

3. 3

A 1-star review by 'Tenant' 22/1/2014

43-45 Cross Street
    M5
    Would you use the agent again? No

Northwood is one of the most unprofessional agencies that one could ever find! Do not trust them and do not hope that, if something is broken, they'll fix it, because they won't.

Upon the signing of my contract (which I wanted to be 12 months), they said they will only do 6 months. Okay. I accepted that, despite knowing that they'd increase the rent in the future. When I moved in, the flat was in an awful condition, and the cleaning that they promised wasn't done. I had to pay £120 for two professional cleaners to come and clean everything. I painted walls and put a different... (read more)

4. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Harris Branch Manager  22/01/2014

I am very sorry Fahed that you feel this way and if I may go some way to explaining the situation. Northwood do not own the property and only manage the property on behalf of the landlord as such any maintenance work has to be agreed by the landlord and with you reporting your oven being broken so close to Christmas and the fact that it was still operational albeit not all the settings we felt that it did not constitute an emergency as ultimately it was still usable. Also the landlord was abroad and not contactable. When we could not get hold of the landlord for a prolonged period we... (read more)
  5. A 5-star review by 'William Evans' 20/1/2014

107 Union Street
    Simon Beck, Sally Beck
    TQ1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

When my mother went into residential care, we needed to rent out her property to provide an income to cover the care home fees. We were attracted by the Northwood Guaranteed Rental scheme because this seemed to provide all that we needed. I must admit that we were sceptical at first, but the team in the Torquay office explained the detail to us and helped to put our minds at rest. Now that the property is rented to Northwood, we can let them manage the property with no worries about the tenancy.

6. A 5-star review by 'jan' 16/1/2014

RG12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

we have been using Northwood since 2006 and are very happy with their platinum service as it gives us peace of mind. We have 2 properties and never have to worry about anything. If there is a problem they e-mail us and then sort out any repairs with their reliable contractors. Their service is always very polite and friendly.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sarahpnev' 15/1/2014

676 West Road
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    NE5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We recently sold our property with northwood, after being on the market with an online agent for three months. We weren't certain if the extra money would be worthwhile, but after day one we were sure we had made the right decision! Paolo helped us make the most of our property, and found us a buyer within two days of being on the market.

They were brilliant at all aspects, great communication throughout and nothing was too much trouble. Very highly recommended indeed!!

8. A 5-star review by 'Nick Haig' 15/1/2014

RG41
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have nothing but praise for the team in Wokingham. They are proffesional, courteous, helpful and always get back to me in good time. I sleep better at night knowing they are managing my property.

9. A 5-star review by 'russell hirst' 14/1/2014

Dean Walford
    BR6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having decided to rent my home and travel for a few years i was anxious to find the right agent to manage my property . Being out of the country it was essential that the agent was able to deal with any eventuallity ......... Northwood provided the solution and peace of mind with their unique rent guarantee scheme . From the initial tennant finding , reference cross checking , general management and critically for me the prompt and guaranteed payment of rental income, my initiation to becoming a landlord has so far been a stress free experience thanks to the professional support of Dean and his staff- many thanks

10. A 5-star review by 'Happy cardiff tenant' 14/1/2014

23 Whitchurch Road
    CF10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a Northwood tenant for 3 years now and have always been very happy with the service they have provided.
    This is the second property I have rented through Northwood as my last landlord needed the property back. After being given notice Northwood kept me informed of any properties they thought might be suitable and ended up finding me a lovely property just down the road from the old one. They made the move very easy!

11. A 5-star review by 'Paloma' 13/1/2014

Helen Atkinson, Bethan Coe
    RG40
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

First, when we were looking for a house to rent in Wokingham, Bethan was very professional in her work , we lived in Spain and we came only for a weekend to find a house to rent and she helped us a lot , when we came back to Spain, it was very easy to communicate with her and she solved all the paperwork very quickly.

Once we rented the house, Helen have solved all the problems quickly and professionally and we are very grateful about it.

I´ve talked to Denis sometimes and he was very helpful too.

We are very happy with Alan also, the handyman.

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'Stewart Hood' 12/1/2014

Hyde Park House
    PL12
    Would you use the agent again? No

Difficult to describe succinctly how poor the service we received from Northwoods was. In a nutshell, we would have been better going it alone as a landlord. Every whim of their tenants was pandered to, we appeared to have no rights at all and were just asked to sign a blank cheque to replace EVERY white good in the house/central heating/plumbing/gas fire/door handles - you name it, they needed it replacing or repairing despite everything being in perfect working order before they moved in. Icing on the cake was Northwoods threatening to withhold part of the rent due to us, if their tenants refused to pay the full amount - we had a GUARANTEED RENTAL contract and the reason their tenants threatened not to pay was because Northwoods took 11 days to report a problem to us....says it all really. For avoidance of doubt....Do not ever, ever, ever contemplate renting through Northwoods!!!

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Endeavoured to resolve issues other than asking for money. And at least admitted that their tenants were unreasonable”

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'R.' 11/1/2014

L12
    Would you use the agent again? No

This branch lacks good customer service skills, showed no respect for my Property and when I complained I was treated disgustingly. Would not recommend this branch.

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Could have been more helpful, reliable and honest, felt this agent was not trustworthy, continually told untruths and was not professional”

3. 2

A 1-star review by 'DisgruntledFormerTenant' 10/1/2014

23 Whitchurch Road
    CF23
    Would you use the agent again? No

Northwood are a terrible letting agency. So unclear about prices. Hidden fees at every turn. Unprofessional and clearly uncaring for anyone but their landlords.

The Guaranteed Rent Scheme they offer to Landlords SOUNDS tempting and I can understand why so many, including MY ex-landlord, have chosen them. In theory, having Northwood as the tenant and anyone renting the property as the sub-letter is a great idea. On paper, the person sub-letting (WHO WAS NOT MADE AWARE IT WAS A SUBLET PROPERTY UNTIL THEY HAD GIVEN NOTICE TO LEAVE THEIR OLD HOME!) is left severely without rights.

I tried... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Not claim to be the one\'s responsible for a property then ignore maintenance. Adhere to the law and explain tenancy details BEFORE accepting £200+ application fees that are non-refundable once you decide which applicant to accept. Sign tenancy agreements BEFORE the day the tenancy is due to start so people have time to disagree with your stupid clauses. Or AT LEAST give a copy of the contract to potential tenants so they can read what they are buying into before giving you money and letting go of their home!”

4. A 5-star review by 'Tee et Trois' 9/1/2014

Ben Ross, Stuart London
    ME16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I've never had to rent a property before and was quite worried at the horror stories I'd heard.
    The team at Bromley have been very helpful and so far...nothing is too much for them to help with.
    Even sent Ben an email during the holidays....
    After moving in, I have been in touch with snag lists and they have tried to put them right. I am kept informed as to the outcome of any queries I have.
    Ben is yet to sigh at the sound of my voice...lol...got the poor lad on speed dial.
    Seriously, the house is in good shape and any minor issues I may have are all being dealt with.
    My kids are happy and comfortable and for me..that deserves a standing ovation.
    Great team in Bromley...great service too.
    Thanks guys......

5. A 5-star review by 'Louise' 9/1/2014

M24
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used the Guaranteed Rental Scheme with Northwood for nearly two years and am extremely happy with the service. payments are clear and made on time and I do not have to worry about not finding a tenant. Northwood are always transparent with me and have kindly provided a summary of the rent and bills for my tax return making the whole process incredibly smooth. I have just signed up for a further three years.

6. 1

A 4-star review by 'michelle' 9/1/2014

CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I came to Northwood letting after having a terrible time with a previous agency. As I have a mortgage I was looking for guaranteed rent something I did not have with the 1st agent and I went through 5 months of rent arrears and an eviction before lighting upon Northwood. To be honest I was cynical that Northwood would be no better but I have been with them now for 8 months and my stress levels have gone right down. They deal with any issues the tenant has and contact me when required. I feel my property is safer in their hands. I feel that my ability to pay the mortgage is no longer an issue.

7. View All Comments (1)by Ben  10/01/2014

Glad we could help Michelle!
  8. A 5-star review by 'Ben, Camberwell' 9/1/2014

20 Upland Road
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    Duncan Burge
    SE5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had an excellent experience selling my flat through Northwood - which I was not really expecting! I came across them when they I did a viewing of another property to buy... didn't go with that one in the end, but was rather impressed by the agent Duncan who did a much better job of actually trying to sell me the flat than any other agent I'd seen in 20+ viewings of other places. So I got him round to quote on selling our flat, and am very glad I did. The top line is that he helped sell my flat at £20k over the aggressive asking price, a huge record for the street it was on, which allowed... (read more)

9. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  10/01/2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. We have been fortunate to achieve over asking price offers on a number of properties that we have sold recently.
  10. A 1-star review by 'Changeme' 8/1/2014

4 Falcon Street
    IP1
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was extremely unhappy with the service i recieved while renting a flat under this agent. I had to leave my flat due to bullying and harrasment within my building, i cried myself to sleep most nights and did not even stay in my own home majority of the time. I cried to Northwood about this and expressed my upset and how uncomfortable i was in my own home. Northwood did nothing and said to me 'She's very hostile so it will be easier for us to write her a letter' I then went on to explain that i will not be renewing after the 6months as i did not feel comfortable and wanted out. Northwood... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“If the agent would have acted in a more professional manor or if the agents would have taken my complaint more seriously i would of reconsidered.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Wayne Jackson' 6/1/2014

64 Harrogate Road
    Wayne Jackson, Georgia Morley
    LS13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood in general give me as a landlord a first rate personal service. On this occasion we had been having on-going problems with the boiler. Regularly Georgia and her colleagues would arrange the repairs. However, a couple of months ago Georgia mentioned in passing that she would look into whether this property/tenant would qualify for a free replacement boiler. I simply forgot about this but on New Years Eve I received an email from Georgia wishing me a Happy New Year with the additional message that a new and FREE boiler was being installed in the next few days. Fantastic! What is really great is that typically of Northwood, Georgia just got on with this with minimum of fuss and as part of her everyday duties. Well done Georgia and all at Northwood Leeds!!!!!

12. 1

A 4-star review by 'Caroline Craigie' 16/12/2013

43 Barbourne Road
    DY10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have been customers of Northwood for approx. 10 years. They are a professional office that effectively manages our portfolio of properties. They are responsive to the needs of our tenants and ensure that our properties are maintained effectively ensuring that our investment is soundly managed.
    I have recommended them to friends and colleagues.

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'ripped off ex tenant' 12/12/2013

17 St Johns Street
    MK13
    Would you use the agent again? No

nice and friendly when moving in, all downhill from there! they will leave the check in to you, then charge you for things broken when you moved in, bathroom facilities not fit for use, inspections are a waste of time as nothing is noted down, then when its time to move they will tell you nothing was reported! complete waste of time and money. would definatley not recommend to anyone!

2. View All Comments (1)by Davinia Taylor  04/02/2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our service levels and I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience that you had. I would like to understand some further information regarding the issues that you referred to in you review, in order to improve the service that we offer and would welcome your feedback. If you would could spare the time to contact me directly regarding this matter, my e-mail address is daviniataylor@northwooduk.com. Thank you, Davinia Taylor
  3. A 5-star review by 'Ray Krausse' 12/12/2013

L12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Did everything. Can recommend this agency.From the time I handed over the keys to finallyl receiving keys from the tenant there was no need for me to be involved other than checking that rent had been paid into my account

4. A 5-star review by 'John' 11/12/2013

L1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have worked with this agent for a number of years. I have found her courteous and efficient at all times and in all matters.

5. A 5-star review by 'Charlie McCann' 11/12/2013

Mark Nesbit
    L10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have been excellent in the six years I have been letting with them; always keeping me informed about minor repairs needed to the property which have been carried out with the minimum of fuss and in a friendly and professional manner and to tight deadlines.

Would recommend them to anyone looking to let a property in the Merseyside area.

6. A 5-star review by 'Paul Chong' 11/12/2013

L118
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Smooth process. Always happy to help. Explainations made so they are easy to follow even for the first timer like us. Very happy with service received

7. A 5-star review by '47 Moscow Drive' 11/12/2013

L13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The staff at Northwood have always kept me updated with any issues with the house. I know they ensure they will find the right tenants who will enjoy living in the house but also treat the property with care. Thank you

8. A 5-star review by 'Steve H' 6/12/2013

Mike
    OL4
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used to manage my own rental property but after a few problem tennants I gave it to Northwoods about 2 years ago. I'm on there guaranteed rent and had no problems at all - rent paid every month and not one call from a tennant. I wish I'd foundthem sooner! THanks Mike and all.

9. A 5-star review by 'James C' 5/12/2013

64 Harrogate Road
    Andy Leo
    LS10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have rented out a property through Northwood for over 3 years. I contacted several agents before deciding. Peter spent plenty of time sitting with me, visiting the property and explaining my options. This was followed up by a second visit from Adam, to finalise the arrangements. Both were very knowledgeable and helpful. The process was seamless from start to finish, without void periods, Georgia dealt with all maintenance needs, liaising with workmen, delivery / removal drivers and neighbours, etc on my behalf where necessary.

After 3 and a half years, Andy and Adam took care of the property sale. Completion date was the first time I had visited the property during that time, such was the level of service. I found Northwood via a recommendation and I would recommend them highly.

10. 2

A 1-star review by 'Steven Fleetham' 5/12/2013

199 Westburn Road
    AB24
    Would you use the agent again? No

Every contact with the agency has been unsatisfactory. During the first viewing of the property we were led to believe by the agent a garden shed was included as part of the property and in the cost of the lease. This was important to the decision in taking the lease as the flat had limited storage space. However after moving into the property and asking for the key for this shed we found this shed was not only not included in the lease but it did not belong to the property but to a neighbour.
    Although we were unhappy about being mislead by the agent we decided to continue with the lease... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Better work ethic. Remember there are people living in the properties you \"manage\".”

11. A 5-star review by 'S.R' 3/12/2013

Mike , Alex Turner
    OL4
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Whilst looking for a reputable letting agency, I saw Northwoods advert and made an appointment.
    Mike came to the property and made an honest appraisal and offered advice as to the best way to present the property.
    As a result, I agreed to let the property through Northwood under their guaranteed rental scheme.

I have been with the company for a few years now and I am very satisfied with the way they handle the property.
    Alex provides support and advice with any problems that arise with the property and deals promptly with them.