Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 775 ratings. This website contains 774 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 26)

Page last updated on: 29-Jan-2015 16:12:38

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Nin Rehal, Aaran Ryatt
    B1
    £600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

B15
    £600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

3. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

Nin Rehal
    B67
    £625
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    1b Hoole Road (Chester) (Cheshire)
    Ch4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Lesser agents would've told me some time ago to accept the fact the house would not sell. Not so, Northwoods. They were constantly in touch with progress updates and excellent advice that can only be given when a person really knows their stuff. House finally sold and for the best price possible given its current condition. Cannot thank Northwoods enough. Enthusiastic, helpful, knowledgeable staff.

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Debra Rendle
    hu17
    £210000

Debra Rendle

From first meeting to do the valuation on my property, I was impressed at the enthusiasm of Debra. From start to finish it was an extremely smooth and painless experience and amazing at how quick the sale took. It was only on the internet for 4 days before I got my first viewing and then they put an offer in. I would highly recommend Northwood, thank you so much!
    Sharon Kitchen.

ol26
    £500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Been with northwood for 4 years no problems alex turner has very good custom service skills and always willing to help thanks

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    ab21
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood Aberdeen for around 6-7 years, I had their Platinum scheme and found it to be exactly what they said and I wanted. They looked after every aspect of the rental and should anything require replacing they sourced the item or contractor giving me a choice and the various options including costs and in some cases delivery, once I decided they looked after everything from then on.
    Would I use them again, yes most definitely.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADEQUATE FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED”

8. View All Comments (1)by Matt  28/01/2015

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or “constructive” is very welcome.

Branch:
    113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    leanne
    M27
    £370

leanne

On reccmendation I decided to let Northwood take care of renting my property. There were a few initial teething troubles but then Leanne took over and I have had no reason to complain since. I find the staff very honest, competant. reliable and friendly. It is very important for me to have a company who I can rely on, as I now live in Thailand. I definately recommend Northwood.. Steve Thailand

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    Carly
    RG22
    £1500

Carly

Five stars all categories.

Carly and her team at Basingstoke are faultless.

Professional, courteous, efficient and effective.

Nothing is too much trouble.

I wouldn’t use anyone else and I would happily recommend them to anyone interested in renting a property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    Bl0
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have rented my property with northwood for just over 6 months & the whole experience I have had with all the staff members from first ringing to vie the property, to viewing, applying, contracts & moving in has been the most stress free process I have encountered with a letting agent. I have rented for over 10 years & have experienced both good & bad agents & landlords & I can say without question that Northwood Bolton are exceptional in their field, professional to the point that as a tenant I feel confident & settled in my home. That is down to the staff! Any repairs or questions, however small are dealt with quickly & efficiently. If they can't you are informed & kept appraised of the situation. Should be more letting agents with Northwood Bolton's ethos.

Comments on the Agents fees

“MEETS THE SERVICE PROVIDED”

12. View All Comments (1)by Leanne  27/01/2015

Thank you for your review. Customer service is our number one priority and we are always happy to help.
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    36 High Street ( ) (Sandbach) (Cheshire)
    CW8
    £900
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Our dealings with Northwood have been excellent. The initial process of putting our house on the rental market and subsequent renewal have all been made very easy and professional. They always respond to contact either by phone and email and dealt promptly with an issue we had with a tenant having dogs and not looking after the garden. Would not hesitate to recommend Northwood.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    gl1
    £550
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Rented a property through Northwoods for 12 months, found them to be extremely poor in maintaining a good relationship with both the tenant and landlord.
    Main issues were as following-
    -Approved a request by my ex partner(against my wishes) to make alterations to the property without asking the landlord, then later U-turned and requested it be put back as it was.
    -Failed to address a mould and rat problem
    -Requested that I (the tenant) arrange boiler recertification for the landlord
    -When the boiler failed after recertification they would not send out a plumber to repair it, forcing me to troubleshoot it myself.
    -Failed to address crumbling exterior structure.
    -Issued me with an incorrectly written section 21 notice after I had already given notice that I was moving out.

I would strongly recommend avoiding Northwood, their tenancy law knowledge is child-like and their customer service to both tenant and landlord is uncooperative and adversarial.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LETTING AGENT CHARGES BOTH THE TENANT AND LANDLORD AT EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY. THEIR SOLE OBJECTIVE IS TO SEPARATE THE CUSTOMER FROM THEIR MONEY.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Letting agent charges both the tenant and landlord at every possible opportunity. Their sole objective is to separate the customer from their money.”

15. View All Comments (1)by Director  26/01/2015

As an agent we of course apologise that you have felt the level of service has not met your expectations. Having investigated the above I am unable to agree with any of your comments and can assure you that in all cases Northwood have acted in the best interests of both Landlord and tenant . I can confirm that no notice was received in writing with your signature before the section 21 notice was issued. With regards to charges these are all presented to you at the time you complete our paperwork giving tenants the option should they wish not to proceed. We make sure that all our fees are transparent as advertised. We would however like to wish you the best of luck in your new property and on hand should you require any advice.
  16. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Fishergate Row, Butler Street (Preston) (Lancashire)
    Pr1
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been a landlord with Northwood for many years now and I can honestly say they are the best agency I have ever been with.

With previously having difficultly with a tenant in the past I was hesitant with renting my property out with Northwood. After hearing about the guarantee rent they had to offer, I was therefore reassured that this was the most hassle free way of renting which was most defiantly true.

1. 1
    person found this

A 4-star review by ''

Suzannah strickland, lauren Allcoat
    £725

Suzannah stricklandlauren Allcoat

Everything from viewing till sign contract was perfect. Communication, manners, approach to our questions and requirements. We got answers in the same day.
    The only thing I can reproach is that it was not possible to pay for first rent and deposit by card but it was necessary pay it by cash.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK AGENT´S FEES WAS AVERAGE.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Parkside ( ) (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    Wendy Tolfrey
    No postcode selected.

Wendy Tolfrey

I have been renting my property out in Redhill through Northwood for the last 6 years. We're on their guarantee scheme and it does exactly what it says on the tin. No rent missed at all for 6 years - can't be bad ! I was a bit sceptical at first but the Manager (Wendy Tolfrey) wne through the different options and we haven't looked back since. People in the office are always good to deal with and they also manage the property as well. I would recommend them to anyone considering renting out their property.

3. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    15-17 Broad Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG12
    £241000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My property was put on the market 1st September, 2014. I had, up to that date, used Northwood as my letting agent for nearly 2.5 years, but I decided to sell the property. I had several offers within a couple of weeks, although my eventual buyer had problems with his purchaser and had to wait to find a replacement one. Northwood kept me up-to-date with what was happening and I completed the sale on 16th January, 2016.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS TOLD WHAT THE FEES WOULD BE FROM THE BEGINNING. I THINK 2% IS THE GOING RATE FOR MOST ESTATE AGENTS.”

4. A 5-star review by ''

WR3
    £565
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Faultless. The whole team enabled the process of moving to be stress free. I believe this was due to their excellent communication and reliability. Very professional, down to the last details. I would highly recommend Northwood as Letting Agents.

Comments on the Agents fees

“JONATHAN MANAGED TO NEGOTIATE A RENTAL PRICE WHICH WAS ACCEPTABLE TO BOTH MYSELF AND THE LANDLORD.”

Ol4
    £425

“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

Ol4
    £425

Nathaniel Porter

Very professional in explaining all aspects of letting my property, and what would be expected of me as a landlord. I am delighted with the level of service I receive.

“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

Branch:
    5 Fishergate Row, Butler Street (Preston) (Lancashire)
    Pr2
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented a property from northwood for a year. It was a pleasurable experience. The staff are conscientious and willing to go the extra mile. I had a short amount of time to find a property initially and they helped in every way possible. I wouldn't hesitate in using the company again and I would recommend them to anyone looking to rent.

8. A 5-star review by ''

M40
    £525
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have my property on the guaranteed scheme and get paid on the same day each month without the hassle.

Branch:
    271 North Street (Bedminster) (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Siobhan Hayes
    Bs5
    £525

Siobhan Hayes

I have been a landlord of several properties with Northwood for over 7 years now and they have been awesome! Due to their great location; friendly,efficient manner and marketing they always let my properties within days. They also assist with any issues that either I or the tenant has and it gets resolved very quickly!

10. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  20/01/2015

Hello Simon, thank you for your review. We hope to continue this relationship for many more years to come. Kind regards Siobhan.
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Alex Turner
    OL8
    £750

Alex Turner

Alex has been very helpful with sorting out several maintenance issues, great to speak to, gets the jobs done quickly, a credit to the company!, thanks Alex.

1. A 5-star review by ''

David Procter
    M40

David Procter

having been stung in the past by a few tenants, the guaranteed rent scheme is great. I receive my rent on the same day each month with out the hassle.

2. A 5-star review by ''

OL9
    £500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I went to Northwood after a difficult tenant had left the property. They gave me honest sound advice
    and I am happy that I no longer have to deal with tenants. They dealt with all references and checks and I am more than happy with the level of service I receive.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE ON PAR WITH OTHER AGENTS, BUT THEIR SERVICE IS FAR SUPERIOR.”

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    1b Hoole Road (Chester) (Cheshire)
    Staff Member
    Lesley , first name last name
    CH5
    £190000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Lesley first name last name

For the sale of my bungalow in Hawarden I found the Northwoods team very helpful, very professional and offered a first class service. Lesley and the team found me the right buyer and secured the full asking price. Well done.
    I have no problem in recommending them to others.

4. 3
    people found this

Jonathan Edwards, Lauren Allcoat
    wr1

Jonathon EdwardsLauren Allcoat

My experience of Northwood had been nothing short of outstanding. I had a small issue on one property with a contractor and Jon dealt with it superbly and with the impost processional conduct. All other staff are friendly and efficient. I have two properties with Northwood that have been let this year and both let on the first day of viewings,I can’t say better than that. Special thanks to Lauren and Suzanna who are very efficient and friendly. I really like the feedback Laurent provided about what to do in order to improve the prospect of it being let.

OL1
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very pleased with the service. Also very pleased with the guaranteed rent scheme - such a good idea for peace of mind. The team in the office are helpful and made the whole process very easy, would definitely recommend, 5 stars.

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Kuia Ward
    nn5
    £475

Kuia Ward

I have recently became a tennant of Northwood. I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at the northampton office, Kuia especially was incredibly helpful, very knowledgeable and kept me informed at all times. Great friendly helpful service throughout from start to finish, i would definitely use them again.

Branch:
    36 High Street ( ) (Sandbach) (Cheshire)
    Andy Heath
    CW1
    £1295

Andy Heath

I have found Northwood Sandbach to be proactive and helpful. In the event that a tenant falls behind with the rent, prompt action is taken to resolve the matter. They provide friendly advice and understand fully the problems landlords can face from time to time. Andy has also provided good advice on my property portfolio. I would not hesitate to recommend them!

8. A 5-star review by ''

£725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very professional service, great communication - a pleasure to deal with, as always. Very proactive regarding marketing suggestions, thorough reference checks.

Branch:
    21 St John Maddermarket (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    , Stephen Summerhayes
    NR8
    £625

Stephen Summerhayes

Having rented from Northwood Norwich for the last two years I can only say good things about them. The staff are friendly and helpful and have aimed to help with any issues as quickly as the situation has allowed.
    When we first rented the property they were helpful, friendly and upfront with all the costs involved. We felt valued and not just 'another tenant', unlike other agents who we have used in the past they have always been really helpful and we will continue to rent through them as long as the landlord allows us too!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“CLEAR AND UPFRONT WITH ALL FEES. GIVEN FEE GUIDE ON MOVE IN WHICH OUTLINED ALL FEES DUE AND THOSE WHICH MAY BE PAYABLE IN THE FUTURE. VERY REASONABLE AND HAVING RENTED WITH VARIOUS AGENTS IN NORWICH ALSO ONE OF THE MOST REASONABLE.”

10. 2
    people found this

Jonathan Edwards, Lauren Allcoat
    £800

Jonathon EdwardsLauren Allcoat

An overall superb experience with the team at Northwood Worcester in the 2 years plus I have dealt with them in my capacity as a Landlord. I moved my business to Jon and the team following an extremely poor run of service with another Letting Agent locally and found them to be a breath of fresh air compared to what I had been used to up to that point. Keep up the good work guys and look forward to dealing with you again in 2015!