Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 548 ratings. This website contains 547 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 19)

Page last updated on: 02-Sep-2014 09:18:50

1. A 5-star review by 'Dave Watermark' 2/9/2014

Branch:
    129 Havant Road (Drayton) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    Andrew Smith
    Po1
    £900

Andrew Smith

Excellent service for the last 14 years. Would recommend the guaranteed rent scheme. In all the years I rented the house I never missed a months rent and they even sold the property for me.

Thank you Northwood Portsmouth will certainly use your services again

Dave Watermark

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND CLEARLY EXPLAINED . WORTH EVERY PENNY FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE”

2. A 5-star review by 'Phil' 1/9/2014

Branch:
    5A St James Street ( ) (Derby) (Derbyshire)
    DE24
    £425
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This property is our first tenanted property. We were recommended Northwood by a family freind who is an existing tenant in a property managed/let through Northwood, and they were very impressed by their professional approach. We also looked at other Letting Agents before deciding to proceed through Northwood. They have been extremely helpful in guiding/advising us throughout the process, always keeping us informed of progress. We are very impressed with the service we have received and are confident we made the right choice of company to let our property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I AM HAPPY WITH THE FEES I AM PAYING FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVE.”

3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Anna Alton' 1/9/2014

Branch:
    25 Hallgate (Doncaster) (South Yorkshire)
    DN1
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood Doncaster have made my job of being a landlord as easy and stress free as possible. They are helpful consistent and reliable. I have been so impressed that I have already started to recommend them.

4. A 1-star review by '.' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Daniel Harris
    m22

Daniel Harris

Well where do I begin, this agent is undoubtedly the worst by far in the whole of South Manchester, I have never once had a good experience with this agent! Not only is the service extremely poor, the outrageous excuse of a manager (Daniel Harris) is ultimately the rudest, most foul mouthed, arrogant people I have ever witnessed. For a supposedly successful business this man has absolutely no people skills what so ever and will do just about anything to get you into a property. Mine was dirty, stained furniture, marked walls, very dirty oven etc. The attitude on this so called manager is appalling, how he ever got the job is beyond me. If anyone would like to rent a NICE and CLEAN property with staff that actually do know how to run a professional business and DO have good customer service skills then you do not want to step foot into Northwood.

5. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Harris  29/08/2014

I am truly sorry that this has happened to you however and unfortunately the condition of the property is not down to Northwood but the landlord and owner of the properties themselves. When we take properties on we outline a schedule of works and standards to our owners of how a lettable property should be although this is not always followed. Northwood do not own any of the properties that we rent and therefore we are only duty bound to inform them of best practice. If this has not been followed through then as a company it is difficult for us to force any landlord/owner to spend money on... (read more)
  6. A 5-star review by 'mark' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    15 Chatsworth Road (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    mike Ablett
    3575
    £900

mike Ablett

Mike was professional in his approach,easy to communicate with and delivered what he said he would do for us.
    We would not hesitate to use Mike and his team again if the situation arose in the future.
    Rgds,
    Mark Eastwood

“NOT NECESSARY,WAS SATISFIED.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Nick Haig' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    Bethan Coe
    RG41
    £600

Bethan Coe

I used Northwood to sell and rent my property and on both occasions the customer service, advice and guidance was exceptional. It was a great comfort to know that Bethan was always on hand to answer my enquiries, deal with any anxieties and go above and beyond her remit to help me sell my flat. The level of communication concerning the sell was exemplary and I always got a response within half an hour by email and straight away by phone. Great team, great estate agents and I would highly recommend anyone wanting to sell, rent or buy to use Northwood in Wokingham. 10 out of 10.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ESTATE AGENTS IN WOKINGHAM.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Harwood' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG24
    Sold Price
    £147000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would highly recommend using Northwood in Basingstoke. I have dealt with them for the last couple of years since they started renting out my property for me. They were always at the other end of the phone if I had a question and they constantly kept me up to date with progress their end. In May this year I decided to sell my property and the team sold it within the week. If ever I go down the rental route again I would not hesitate in using them again.

9. A 5-star review by 'Miss M' 28/8/2014

WR1
    £750

Lauren Allcoat

Lauren was very helpful when I first asked about properties to rent from Northwood. I had a very specific area that I wanted to move into and although there were no properties immediately I felt confident that they would contact me if something became available.
    I had seen a property that I was keen to view but unfortunately it had been let during an earlier viewing. However, when that didn't go through Lauren phoned me and within 24 hours I was able to look around, the process after that was very easy with any questions I had being answered quickly.

10. A 1-star review by '01' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    M33
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Possibly one of the most uneducated, rude, arrogant man I have ever come across in my life. Without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had with this agent. I have never been so insulted by just one person in all my life and do not think the "manager" of this company even knows how to run a professional business such as this one claims to be! Completely oblivious to other peoples feelings and I would advise EVERYONE to look else where if you are thinking about renting from this AWFUL letting agent.

11. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Harris  29/08/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience however if you would like to explain to me the circumstances and if there has been a misunderstanding then I may be able to explain the position a little better. Alternatively if Northwood is at fault then it will prevent what ever has happened not being repeated with any of our other customers by your constructive criticism allowing us to change our procedures for the better. Kind Regards Daniel Harris
  12. A 5-star review by 'Hannah1202' 26/8/2014

WR1
    £495

Lauren Allcoat

Exceptionally professional, I had an answer regarding the outcome of my application within a few days. Really friendly when I went in to sign for my keys. Lauren made the whole transition (which can sometimes be quite tedious with regards to previous estate agents) quick and easy.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE QUITE HIGH, HOWEVER, THE STANDARD OF THE CUSTOMER CARE AND STANDARD OF THE PROPERTY WHEN I MOVED IN WERE EXCEPTIONAL, SO I HAD NO ISSUE WITH PAYING IT.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Adam' 26/8/2014

BS16
    £1250

Emma Moore

I found Northwood and Emma very professional and helpful. They offer both the landlord and tenet an excellent service, with fair agency fees. I would use them again and recommend them.

2. A 5-star review by 'Samof75' 25/8/2014

NN16

Katherine Bond

I have been using the Northampton Branch of Northwood for many years now. They have always been really helpful and much better than my previous agent!. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to rent in Northamptonshire.

3. A 5-star review by 'dorscheston' 25/8/2014

Daniel Dunkley
    nn1
    £1500

Daniel Dunkley

After constantly having issues with my previous letting agent I decided to change to Northwood Northampton on their guaranteed rent scheme. I can’t believe how easy it has been since changing its exactly as they said it would be and the staff have always been a pleasure to deal with. Many thanks and keep up the good work ;)

“NO FEES ON THIS SCHEME”

4. A 5-star review by 'Joanna' 25/8/2014

Jack Honeyfield
    BS5

Jack Honeyfield

I have rented my flat from Northwood for over a year and I have a very positive experience with that agency. My main contact is Jack Honeyfield. He is always very friendly, professional and helpful. He responds quickly to any cases and I feel supported. Highly recommened!

5. A 5-star review by 'DanGarbett' 22/8/2014

, Suzannah strickland
    wr1
    £725

Suzannah strickland

Excellent communication from all the staff I dealt with. they were prompt when I required a viewing and accommodating. all in all a very good experience. Would definitely deal with again

6. A 5-star review by 'Dons the best' 22/8/2014

AB24
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have dealt with Northwood for 4 years now and have always found them efficient, helpful and polite. I am confident in their ability to look after my property . As a landlord I have no problem recommending them.

7. A 5-star review by 'Emma A' 22/8/2014

Lauren Allcoat, Jonathan Edwards
    Wr3
    £495

Lauren AllcoatJonathon Edwards

All staff at the branch were welcoming and helpful, lauren was especially helpful it terms of finding me the perfect property and insuring the process ran smoothly.

8. A 5-star review by 'Janice Bridgen' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    37 Havelock Road (Hastings) (Hastings) (East Sussex)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    keith Knight
    TN37
    Sold Price
    £265000

keith Knight

The sales and lettings team, led by the diligent Keith Knight, made every effort to keep things running efficiently and smoothly during my house sales, house purchases and subsequent letting thereof. Valiant performance all round from skilled and committed members of Northwood Hastings. Fully recommend them for all services. You won't be disappointed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...TOP QUALITY SERVICE. I HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THE \'GUARANTEED RENTAL INCOME\' WHICH GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND.”

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Bob Black' 19/8/2014

AB21
    £1100
    Upload a reviwer profile image

At every stage of the process the agnt was efficient, thorough and professional. The initial show round was conducted professionally and everything was explained by the staff prior to taking on the tenancy. The hand over process was very smooth with the inventory check at the property followed by the hand over of keys which took place thereafter at the office. I had two property inspections during my tenancy and each time I was given ample notice so that the visit did not inconvenience me. I reported a leak in the kitchen and this was dealt with promptly with an engineer being sent to identify and fix the problem efficiently. At the end of the tenancy the finanl inspection was carried out instantly and the deposit return was actioned straight away. All in all I was very happy with the service provided by Northwood.

10. 1

A 1-star review by 'JM31' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    53a Western Road (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    BN2
    £895
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I’ve been left with a sour taste in my mouth after dealing with NorthwoodUK in Brighton after they took a holding deposit from me and making promises that the property would be taken from the market, before letting me know four days later that the property had gone to someone else after I had contacted them.

After viewing a property with NorthwoodUK Brighton, we decided to go ahead and pay the holding deposit to secure the property, thus cancelling all our other viewings for that afternoon. After a friendly 20 minutes in the office we left with a receipt for £250, and an agreement from... (read more)

1. A 5-star review by 'Jol' 19/8/2014

BS16

Emma Moore

We have just moved in to a 5 bed in Bristol. My whole experience with Northwood has been very positive. Our main point of contact was Emma who was very helpful at all stages and particularly in dealing with 5 tenants with varying needs and negotiating things with the landlord. I felt well supported and there was some flexibility in the process when we needed it. I also liked the clarity of all information from Northwood and Emma going to lengths to make sure we were clear on everything especially when signing the tenancy forms.

This has been a welcome change compared with dealing with two of the other large letting agents in Bristol who seemed to only have their profits in mind.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY WERE A LITTLE LOWER THEN THE MORE EXPENSIVE END OF THE MARKET.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Dawn Munn' 18/8/2014

Sean Brickley, Margaret Brinkley
    ex32
    £700

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brinkley

I have found Margaret and Sean to be the most helpful and knowledgeable couple at Northwood Barnstaple. They are always pleasant to deal with and on the ball with getting back to you when you need information. I would recommend them to any prospective landlord ..they are professional and go above and beyond their duties for Northwood, it really is a pleasure being looked after by them.

3. A 5-star review by 'Mr T & Mrs D Street' 18/8/2014

Property Management
    Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX38
    £650

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Sean & Margaret Brickley were courteous, professional and very reassuring particularly as this is our first time letting a property. They have been most helpful with general questions, and have always ensured the monthly payment reaches us in a timely manner.
    We would definitely recommend them to other prospective landlords

4. A 5-star review by 'Anne De Ville' 18/8/2014

Sean Brickley
    EX32
    £435

Sean Brickley

After every landlord's nightmare - evicting a tenant for non-payment of rent, which took 7 months, plus legal expenses and then finding my property completely trashed - I was nervous about letting out the flat again and needed a safe situation to do this with any confidence.
    I'd heard about Northwood's rent guarantee for landlords and what this had to offer was ideal for me.
    Sean Brickley was endlessly patient with all my "what-if" questions and helpful with all aspects of Northwood becoming my tenant. A sub-tenant at a good rent was found almost immediately and my year's contract with Northwood is now up-and=running, much to my relief.

5. A 5-star review by 'Maureen Iles' 18/8/2014

NN5
    £500

Katherine Bond

I was dealing with Northwood on behalf of my son, who lives abroad. I do not live in Northampton, so it was important that we had an Agent who was (1) local to the area (2) trustworthy (3) totally professional and (4) available when needed.

I found Katherine Bond, at the Northampton branch of Northwood to be all the above - and more! She was polite, courteous, professional and was always available when I had any queries. She was punctual when we made an appointment to visit the property and was very helpful in many ways.

I would also like to mention the rest of the staff in the Northampton office - again, the telephone is always answered quickly, the member of staff dealing with the query or issue has always been very polite and they ring back when they say they will - something which doesn't happen often these days.

Coming from a professional background myself, I know the standards I expected and these have been met and exceeded by Katherine and all the staff in the Northampton office. Gold Star to them all.

6. A 1-star review by 'Jon' 18/8/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    AB11
    £950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After arranging a viewing today and taking the relevant time away from my busy job, I was greeted by an agent who did not have the correct keys for the property. After attempting to get into the property for several minutes, the only option given by the agent was to arrange another viewing of the property on another day, again during work hours. Completely unnaceptable and un-professional. I will be staying clear of these agents in my continuing search.

7. View All Comments (1)by Northwood team  19/08/2014

Dear Potential Tenant We are very sorry for the experience that you had. We appreciate that you have taken time out of work to view the property and again we too have bought out time from the diary and arranged access with the current tenants so not gaining access is frustrating all round. As access to the property must be arranged subject to the tenants approval and our agents diary is fully booked re-arranging was the only option available at the time. My maintenance team will now look into the issue with the keys as the correct set was with the agent at the time. Once again we are sorry and appreciate your feedback and will do our utmost to resolve.
  8. A 5-star review by 'Emma WS' 17/8/2014

Katherine Bond, Annette Still
    NN5
    £600

Katherine BondAnnette Still

I rent out a property via Northwood and have been very impressed with their service. They are always very professional and happy to help - makes being a landlady a breeze! Would definitely recommend them.

9. A 1-star review by 'John' 17/8/2014

Branch:
    5 Dean Park Street (Edinburgh) (City of Edinburgh)
    eh6
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

AVOID if you can. Especially if you are tenant. unfair treatment and hidden charges everywhere.

Ignoring all calls and other communication when you need something.

10. A 5-star review by 'Niki' 15/8/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Stuart Attwood
    br3
    £800

Stuart Attwood

I was extremely pleased with the service I received, and Stuart showed remarkable patience and sorted everything with great professionalism and haste as we had a short time to get all the contracts signed before I went off on holiday.

11. A 5-star review by 'evetsand@gmail.com' 14/8/2014

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very satisfied customer.
    We have been clients with Northwood Aberdeen for the last five years or so. We have a Gold contract with them which guarantees an agreed payment each month regardless of whether the property is let or not. This is such an attractive proposition, it is the main reason we chose to sign with Northwood.
    We made a great business decision to use Northwood Aberdeen but this was reinforced by the the exceptional service we receive from all the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and is dealt with quickly and efficiently. They make being a landlord as trouble free as possible, so if you are thinking of renting out your property do it with Northwood.
    And you know what - they always ‘phone you back when they say they will - how often does that happen!!