Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 595 ratings. This website contains 594 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 20)

Page last updated on: 29-Sep-2014 12:48:52

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'D Shelat' 14/9/2014

Nin Rehal, Aaran. S. Ryatt
    B1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'GPH' 10/9/2014

B15
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Darren' 11/9/2014

B67
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

4. A 5-star review by 'Ellen' 29/9/2014

Branch:
    115 Stratford Road (Shirley) (Solihull) (West Midlands)
    cv32
    £595
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Had a wonderful time in my flat when it was managed by Northwood. As they took over some properties in Leamington Spa they always made an effort to come to you and were always quick on emails. As I took over the flat from a friend they were very easy-going and the transfer were very smooth. Everything went perfect leaving the flat and only lost a small sum (£30) from my deposit in order to have it professional cleaned.

I even had several friends who were jealous of my landlord as everything went so smooth and pain-free.

5. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Janet Kellitt' 29/9/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Lauren Allcoat
    Wr5
    £685

Lauren Allcoat

Lauren Allcott was friendly and professional in her approach to us as a family and obviously enjoys her role as an agent. I would highly recommend Lauren as an excellent agent, she is thorough and takes the stress out of finding a property and organising changing the bills . Also whenever we have had any queries or problems with our property, Lauren has acted promptly to resolve any issues to our satisfaction.

6. A 5-star review by 'John McAuley' 29/9/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    , Wendy Foster
    NE21
    £112000

Wendy Foster

I can't fault any of the staff or the service received by our agent. Selling a home can be expensive and stressful but these people dealt with all our concerns and needs with ease. Wendy was always just a phone call or an email away if we needed her as was Paolo. We would definitely use these guys again as they took on the challenge of selling our house in a difficult market and succeeded.

“FAIR AND TRANSPARENT.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Lynne Hedley' 28/9/2014

Branch:
    32 Market Street (Wigan) (Greater Manchester)
    Katherine Price
    WN1

Katherine Price

I am a landlord of 3 properties managed by Northwood (Wigan) Ltd. The 2 named staff have always been very pleasant and extremely helpful with some delicate and sometimes complicated management issues.
    They always acknowledge any Emails and are always prompt with rental payments. When the properties are vacant they work very hard to keep any void periods to a minimum. Other staff members have also been knowledgeable and efficient and make you feel your issues are important.
    I have been very pleased in my choice of agent.

8. A 5-star review by 'Naomi Woodruff' 27/9/2014

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Sarah Longstaffe
    B30

Sarah Longstaffe

The agent was friendly, personable and cared about us and our case on a personal level. With such a big purchase Sarah made us feel calm and excited, keeping us up to date during the process and always being willing to answer our calls. She went above the call of duty allowing us to visit the property out of her normal office hours and the whole company, whoever we spoke to knew about our case so we thankfully didn't just get handed around the office if we rang up.
    Thank you so much and would definitely recommend!

9. A 5-star review by 'delbut' 26/9/2014

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

As a Tenant Northwood have been excellent, always very prompt and efficient.

10. A 5-star review by 'Louise Eaton' 26/9/2014

Branch:
    721 Christchurch Road Boscombe (Boscombe) (Bournemouth) (Hampshire)
    BH9
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents at Northwood Bournemouth, have always, been friendly ,and helpful.
    They explain everything clearly, and the inventory is done really thoroughly.
    They answered any questions that I had when moving in, and have assisted me with any teething problems.
    If anything has come up regarding the property they dealt with it quickly and nicely.
    I know I can call if I need to , joy is have rarely have had to.

11. A 5-star review by 'TCRhodes' 26/9/2014

Nin Rehal
    B23
    £418

Nin Rehal

I was recommended to use Northwood by a friend, this branch in Birmingham had not quite opened it doors back in 2008 but I was put in touch in Nin Rehal by another branch. I was one of the first customers and even though the business was still being established, the people remained professional at all times, it proved to be the right choice for renting my house. I rented the property through Northwood for six years using the guarantee rent option, it was best option as you knew the amount which was to be paid each month regardless of whether the property was vacant or not.

After six years, the tenants decided to buy the property from me and, using Northwood as the selling agent was also the right choice.

I would recommend them to anyone looking to rent their houses and, one day will hopefully use them again once I get round to buying a rental property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS LONG AS YOU KEEP ON EYE ON THE MARKET, NORTHWOOD ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO DISCUSS THEIR FEES.”

12. A 4-star review by 'Preferred Spaces' 25/9/2014

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Adam Hurwitch, Daniel Harris
    m33
    £121750

Adam HurwitchDaniel Harris

Adam has managed the letting our property. Daniel managed the sale of our property. Both have been energetic in accomplishing the best for us and they have ensured the property was tenanted as much as possible and then subsequently ensured that the sale achieved the best value for us.
    There have been times when communication with the Sale office was not efficient and we had to deal with a call centre. This was not a good experience. When we have dealt direct with the individuals they were always conscientious and consistent in understanding and meeting our requirements.

13. A 4-star review by 'Shen' 25/9/2014

Sophie Hewston
    B5 4
    £795

Sophie Hewston

NorthWood is definitely excellent. Never charged money from tenants' deposit after checking out. The account manager would transfer the balance of your deposit to your account as soon as they can.
    Overall, a pleasant renting experience with NorthWood.

1. A 3-star review by 'K Anders' 25/9/2014

Branch:
    1b Hoole Road (Chester) (Cheshire)
    CH3
    £595
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Have rented my property with Northwood for the last three years on guaranteed rent scheme. Have found the peace of mind of being on the guaranteed rent scheme an advantage. However I have found that communication has been an issue. Some E mails have not been acknowledged and those that have responses have taken longer than expected. Although I have no major issues I don't think I will stay with Northwood once my current contract expires.

Comments on the Agents fees

“RATHER A LOT OF COMMISSION TAKEN FOR NOT MUCH WORK.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Better communication. More reasonable fees.”

2. A 5-star review by 'EW100' 24/9/2014

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    AB10
    £700
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have dealt with Northwood in my capacity as a Landlord for 4 years and have been impressed with their level of service and attention to detail. My initial dealings were with the firm when they were much smaller but the service has continued to be excellent, even with considerable expansion. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Northwood to other potential Landlords in the Aberdeen area.

3. A 5-star review by 'Karen' 24/9/2014

Branch:
    32 Market Street (Wigan) (Greater Manchester)
    Katherine Price, Steve Adams
    WN5

Katherine PriceSteve Adams

Kath Price: She has been friendly, totally professional and expeditious in looking after my property whilst I have been overseas. Before I engaged Northwood, I was very stressed out and anxious about my property but they quickly dealt with all of my concerns and left me with total confidence that it was in good hands. I could not have asked for a better service.
    Steve Adams: Dealt with the business end of things really efficiently. I think Kath and Steve make a great team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THEY ARE FAIR AND REASONABLE.”

4. A 5-star review by 'G Parker, ex Landlord St Albans' 24/9/2014

Branch:
    48 London Road (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    AL1
    £750

Tim Leighton

After accepting a job abroad, I was looking for an agent to rent my property in St Albans. We saw Northwood (previously Jordan's) and Tim came round to the flat to discuss the options. We were impressed by the professionalism and immediate action taken, along with the rates for management. A deal was signed and we experienced over 6 years of excellent service at Northwood. All the staff have been brilliant and the communication is always prompt. Any maintenance issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently and at good rates. I also upgraded to the 'Platinum' arrangement with guaranteed rent for that added comfort and assurance that the mortgage would be covered. If you are looking for a lettings firm, this is the one.

5. A 5-star review by 'Julie Wells' 24/9/2014

wa8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been letting our properties through a local agent for several years and for a number of reasons I was never happy about the service they provided. Feeling at the end of my tether I saw an advert for Northwood on the tv and rang Northwood Warrington for a chat. Instantly I knew they were definitely "proper property people." They were so friendly and approachable and definitely seemed to know what it's like to be a landlord. After meeting the team at their Warrington office I decided to transfer all of our properties to them on a fully managed basis and I'm so glad I did. From the start they were very professional and really made me feel that they valued my business. They have definitely taken the stress out of being a landlord. My only regret - I wish I had found them sooner!!!

6. A 5-star review by 'Mellor' 23/9/2014

Sadia Mann, Cathy Bradley
    WA4
    £575

Sadia MannCathy Bradley

From first point of contact we have been thoroughly impressed with the service offered by the whole team. Nothing has been too much trouble. The response to queries has been fast and professional, particularly in handling any queries by tenants. All rental payments have been received promptly.
    We have already referred a friend who informs us that she too has been totally happy with the Warrington office of Northwood.

7. A 5-star review by 'Natasha' 21/9/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    ip4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Professional, polite and a pleasure to work with. Northwood take the stress out of being a landlord. Over the last five years I've found Northwood to be efficient and genuinely determined to match suitable tenants to suitable properties. I look forward to our relationship continuing for many years to come and have no hesitation in recommending their services to friends, family and prospective tenants and landlords.

8. A 5-star review by 'M Teh' 21/9/2014

Sophie Hewston, Arun dont know
    not
    £750

Sophie HewstonArun dont know

“Thank you so much for making us so welcome when we came to you looking for an apartment to rent. Nin was very caring when he went through the list of available units, ensuring that he find us accommodation that was suitable; making our eight months’ stay in Birmingham comfortable and enjoyable. We have nothing but praise for your service and we will definitely come back to you when we need to buy/rent a property. Keep up the good work Northwood Birmingham

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL THE RENTAL IS A BIT EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT WE GOT. THE FURNITURE WERE NOT TO STANDARD. THE ARM CHAIR AND SETTEE NEEDS REPLACING BADLY SO DOES THE BED. THE WARDROBE SHELVES WERE WARPED”

9. A 5-star review by 'adrian beaumont' 20/9/2014

, Warrington Warrington
    wa53
    £450

Warrington Warrington

Excellent service from all staff they are polite professional efficient the office was always clean staff helpful in finding you a home be it temporary or other.smartly dressed staff

Comments on the Agents fees

“A FAIR PRICE MY FLAT IMMACULATE IN EVERY WAY.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Anne Sheppard' 19/9/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Dean Walford
    Br5

Dean Walford

This is my first experience as a landlady, I was quite dubious at first until I contacted Northwood letting agency, someone recommended them, a family member actually.
    All very easy, stress free, I found Dean very helpful, kind and friendly, he knew I was a first time landlady, he advised me and assured me all would be taken care of, and true to his word I have had a stress free time. Having moved a good distance away, I know I have no worries about the property, very happy indeed. Would recommend him anytime

“FAIR”

1. A 4-star review by 'JP' 19/9/2014

Wendy
    de21
    £185000

Wendy

I dealt with Wendy selling 2 properties and would have no issue using her and Northwood again in the future. They were very professional throughout and always at the end of the phone or email with any questions or updates throughout the whole process.

2. A 5-star review by 'Richard' 18/9/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Denis Gleeson, Helen Atkinson
    RG40
    £565

Denis GleesonHelen Atkinson

Easily the best agency I have ever used. The staff I've indentified, as well as Bethan Coe, made my best interests their priority throughout every stage of the tenancy including before and after. I had to relocate for work but would rather not have moved and I would only use Nothwood if living in the Wokingham area in the future. They will also be the first place I look elsewhere in the country. Other agencies can make you feel anxious and undervalued but you can have every confidence that Northwood will ensure you have a stress free and enjoyable tenancy. If you want to get great value from an agency with professional, friendly and extremely helpful staff you do not need to waste your time looking elsewhere.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALWAYS KEPT FEES TO THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM AND WERE VERY REASONABLE AND HELPFUL WHEN IT CAME TO RETURNING MY DEPOSIT.”

3. A 5-star review by 'JP' 16/9/2014

, Tom Collier
    De1
    £520

Tom Collier

Fantastic agent, would 100% use them again! I would definitely recommend Northwood Derby without doubt. They were always there when I had any queries and nothing was too much trouble. Everybody was so friendly and always gave me a massive warm welcome whether I called up or visited the shop personally. Prices are very reasonable and when visiting for inspections they were very respectful of personal belongings. Calls were always responded to and queries answered very quickly.

4. A 5-star review by 'Simon' 16/9/2014

Branch:
    48 London Road (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    AL4
    £950

Tim Leighton

I moved to Northwards from a previous local agent after being let down a couple of times and was very pleased that I did. From the outset they were very provisional and they ended up fully managing my property over a 5 year + period whilst I was living abroad over which time they brought in a number of new tenants. Being out of the country you want to be able to trust the agent to do the best on your behalf but also keep the tenants happy and I must say they did a very good job at keeping both sides happy. I would recommend them to anyone that wants a hassle free way of managing your property

5. A 5-star review by 'Kelly2302' 14/9/2014

, Carol Collier
    LE67
    £105000

Carol Collier

Northwood were very professional and efficient in making communication. Calls were always responded to and queries answered. Prospective buyers of our property also commented on what a good agent we had in comparison to others that didn't even call them back. I highly recommend Northwood Derby and wouldn't hesitate to selling or letting a property through them again.

6. A 5-star review by 'Ms pollard' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    Ip1
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I became a tenant with northwood about 4 years. I have had no problems with them! They are very caring and understanding and will go above and beyond to try help you when you need it. It's nice to go into a office full of just ladies and feel comfortable! They are lovely with my children and really make them feel welcome when they come into the office which I appreciate as most agents don't.

7. A 5-star review by 'Paula' 10/9/2014

B5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My whole experience with Northwood has been nothing but the best. They have always been highly professional, whilst being friendly and easy to deal with. I have every confidence in their fully management service and I can rest assured that everything is being taken care of.

8. A 5-star review by 'Manjeet Singh' 10/9/2014

B4 7
    £97500

Narinder Rehal

I have worked with Northwood Birmingham for 5 years. They helped through the complete process of purchasing, renting and selling my property. I had no void periods during the renting period due to there excellent marketing department. Any
    Property maintenance issues were sorted out promptly. When I decided to sell a number of buyers were lined up almost straight away. I cannot recommend Northwood Birmingham
    High enough. Well done Nin Rehal and the team!