Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 799 ratings. This website contains 798 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 27-Feb-2015 10:35:13

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 27)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Nin Rehal, Aaran Ryatt
    B1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

B15
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

3. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Nin Rehal
    B67
    £625
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

4. A 4-star review by ''

Sales (as a Buyer)
    B5
    £122500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is a very efficient team. We had very good service to purchase this lovely property.I appreciate they help us a lot to complete this transaction.

B66
    £595
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service & most helpful team with all areas of the lettings process. Would highly recommenf them to any prospective landlords

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE FEES FOR A COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE”

6. A 5-star review by ''

B16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

It's my first time I've use an estate agent to manage my property and I was quickly recommended Northwood, Southside estate agent by my solicitor. After speaking to Nin on the phone first time, I had no concern and I wanted to use them. They were very happy to crack on my work and sorted out everything for me. I definitely recommended it. Keep up with the good work!!

7. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Daniel Harris
    WA14
    Daniel Harris

From the start me and my flat mate felt patronized and completely left alone when it came to any problems with this flat. to be fair to northwood, problems we had were due to issues with the property itself. I recently found out that the landlord was est mates (the estate agents quote) with the branch manager. This is probably why there wasn't much pressure put on the landlord to get problems solved.

Any problems we had we notified northwood in writing by email so we had a paper trail of the issues. Also because of the demeaning manor we were spoken to when contacting them. rather than... (read more)

“ADMIN FEES VERY HIGH”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“quicker response to emails. Actually sound like you want to help your tenants. I would highly recommend they get away from this landlord as the property is falling apart. the flat below us which i am guessing is owned by the same landlord had water running down all 4 walls in their apartment. they were also suffering from a leak pretty much the whole time they lived there. Most tenants moved on pretty quickly which im not surprised about at all.”

8. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    BA12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

As a tenant they really did not seem to care about us, we had so many issues during our tenancy and they just said they would pass the information to the landlord and await his decision, which was usually to do nothing, at which point they felt they had done their job, even to the point of having us rent a property with a 31 year old gas boiler which had constant problems culminating in a sick family and a condemned boiler with engineers and doctors saying Carbon mon! Official complaints were met with a proposal of a £200.00 'compensation'. Complaint now gone to head office.
    I am also a landlord and there have been cases in the past where my agent (obviously not Northwood), have just gone ahead and completed appropriate works as necessary, I cannot believe that Northwood don't seem to think they have a duty of care to their Tenants and seem to feel that they have no responsibility other than to pass messages and information between tenant and landlord!

9. A 4-star review by ''

David Procter, joanne wildman
    ol4
    £550
    no photo no photo
    David Procterjoanne wildman

We moved into the property just before Xmas 14. The process was made easy by staff. Staff members are mostly extremely helpful. I have had dealings with David and Jo. Generally contact is easily made especially with Jo but sometimes I can be waiting for call backs. Other than that a positive start to the tenancy.

10. 2
    people found this

A 2-star review by ''

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    Ab32
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Two month notice period is not helpful for tenants who often want to move out quickly. However this can in practice be up to three months because they insist you give notice from the anniversary of moving in (ish date they call it) as we found to our cost i.e. we wanted to move out since the beginning of July, but ended up having to pay rent until mid-September.

They have many intrusive inspections and are quite fussy regarding this. They were very harsh on the final inspection of our property, despite us havintg paid a lot of money to have it priofessionally cleaned including carpet... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (2)by Matt  06/02/2015

Dear Tenant I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service received. I have no record of your complaint on file but please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further. With regard to the two month notice period and termination date of the lease, we are constrained by the law on this and we do explain this as part of our full check in service. I am sorry to hear that you believe our inspections to be intrusive. As part of our fully managed service we inspect our properties on a quarterly basis and this is for the benefit of the tenant and the landlord as part... (read more)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nikki Ponsford
    GL3
    £750
    Nikki Ponsford

I have rented my property through Nikki at Northwoods after a recommendation. The house was a new house, and Nikki went the extra mile to ensure that the house was OK after the builders had moved out. Nikki checked the house, done the snagging list etc etc. The tenants have all been great, and the service has been excellent, I cannot recommend Nikki and her team enough. All the advice has been helpful, and the house has been checked regularly and kept to a good standard.

will use Northwoods again definitely

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AS THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT,.”

13. 1

A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    35 Church Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    Carley Warner
    RG21
    £1000
    Carley Warner

Avoid Northwoods Letting! Complete and utter thieves! At the end of my tenancy, they used all these bogus companies to make up receipts of supposed work they did to the house after my departure. None of the companies had Tax id's and all the invoices were created on MS Word. On top of, they are super unprofessional. They are insanely rude and poorly spoken. At the end of the day, Northwood's is focused on drawing business in from landlords. They don't care about me their tenant, even if you pay them promptly every month. I spent over a year in a house with many repair issues. They kept rescheduling repair dates, forcing me to move out. Poor service, poor management, and houses that are tarted up to hide disrepair= avoid at all cost!

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH I WAS THE ONLY ONE WORKING IN MY HOME, THEY STILL DECIDED TO RUN A CREDIT CHECK, WHO\'S A STAY AT HOME PARENT. I WAS CHARGED £700 FOR THE PLEASURE.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“They did not act fair and were completely underhanded. I paid them rent on time, and they never bother to do repairs. In the end, they created bogus invoices for unnecessary work, and charged me for it. Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful!”

14. 1

A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    48 London Road (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    AL1
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Nice customer service at face value, though the process as a tenant has been awful, I personally would not use or recommend Northwood for tenants.

They with held info regarding a guarantor being able to sign remotely till the day after there cut off. (i'm self employed) I found this out while signing the contract. At that time I asked, if my guarantor could sign remotely as not local, was told yes this should be ok. I arrange moving, inform my current landlord when i'll be moving out. 2 days later Northwood told me it would not be possible. This caused a few issues, both with organising... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY SOME AGENTS HAVE EXTREMELY EXCESSIVE FEE\'S.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Obviously some agents have extremely excessive fee\'s.”

15. View All Comments (1)by tl  03/02/2015

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you felt a need to make these comments in the first place but we always strive to keep our tenants well informed and to be clear on the processes. Also as agents we have certain obligations to our landlords such as carrying out management inspections. However, we always value feedback so that we can continue to improve our service levels and, as such, I welcome the opportunity to discuss further. Please call the office or email me on timleighton@northwooduk.com

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Duncan Burge
    cr7
    £210000
    Duncan Burge

Duncan assessed my property and told me what he could and could not acheive and by when.
    He was very organised and delivered. However when Duncan went on leave. His team were not so efficient, communication was bad and they were not very helpful. If you can get Duncan to sell your property then you cant go wrong. Duncan is straight forward, helpful and a really nice guy.

Comments on the Agents fees

“BECAUSE DUNCAN DID WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD, AND WAS SO HELPFUL. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIS FEES.”

2. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  03/02/2015

Thank you very much for the review. It was a pleasure to sell your property for you. I am sorry that the office staff struggled to deal with a surveyor who refused to collect keys from us.
  3. A 5-star review by ''

Alex Turner, Mike
    OL1
    £475
    no photo no photo
    Alex TurnerMike

I have been a tenant with Northwood Oldham since July 2009. The service which was provided by the agency is amazing. I have dealt with all the staff they are all helpful, friendly and kind. They made me feel very comfortable and special. Recently, I had to move home and they helped me through the whole process to find the perfect property which I was trying to find. I'm very grateful for them and I will never leave this agency because I'll never find another people like Alex, Mike, David, Jo and Emily anywhere else. Thank you Northwood.

4. A 4-star review by ''

Emily Landregan
    OL4
    £475
    Emily Landregan

Emily was helpfull throughout my initial application and the subsequent move. I needed this as hassle free as possibel due to sudden personal circumstances. The process was straightforward and well managed. I have been happy with the service since I moved in and any issues (eg my tap leaking) have been dealt with quickly.
    Overall I am very happy.

“.”

OL2
    joanne wildman

I was looking for a property in the Oldham area asmy husband moved jobs. Joanne was so helpful, really listening to my needs, to ensure I ended up with the perfect property. Well done Northwood!

6. A 5-star review by ''

OL2
    £700
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood have given me an excellent service as a tenant. Some minor maintenance issues were dealt with very promptly and to a high standard. Gas safety and property inspections are spot on regular almost to the hour each year, and whenever I have contacted the office I have only been met with a polite, friendly and extremely professional and helpful service.

7. A 5-star review by ''

OL15
    £450
    Joanne Wildman

I have been using Northwood for several years now to let out my property as my previous agent closed down and in any case I hadn't been satisfied with the service I was receiving.
    Northwood and in particular Joanne Wildman have provided an excellent level customer of service and any issues have been promptly and efficiently dealt with. I have a full time job and a growing family and as such being able to rely on Joanne to manage my property has been a great help.

8. A 5-star review by ''

ol1
    £525
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been with Northwood for many years and would highly recommend them to any looking to rent a property. They are always fast at sorting out any issues and are always welcoming and friendly. Northwood are quick to respond to any message left which gives me piece of mind

9. A 5-star review by ''

ol8
    £550
    joanne wildman

I cannot recommend Northword enough, Excellent service. The agent that i dealt with was polite, professional and extremely helpful. After stipulating my property preferences they managed to find me the perfect property to rent for myself and my son.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

ol8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood have been a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. After listing my property to rent with them viewings came thick and fast. I now have a great Tenant. I would definitely recommend this company and will be using them again in the future. Thanks Northwood.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Alex Turner
    ol2
    £450
    Alex Turner

Was very well looked after by Alex as it was the first time I had rented a property and was unsure of the process. she helped me all the way and sorted out any maintenance issues I had

1. A 5-star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    ol1
    £650
    Joanne Wildman

Excellent service received. Joanne was very helpful and answered all questions in a professional and courteous manner. Would recommend the service

2. A 5-star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    OL15
    Joanne Wildman

Excellent service I would highly recommend, staff fantastic, from initial contact staff were very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend te services.

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Parkside ( ) (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    ben sadler-coates
    RH10
    £950
    ben sadler-coates

I have been a client of Northwoods Crawley for over 5 years in the capacity of a landlady. I cannot praise all the staff enough they 'ALL' have provided me with a first class customer service which has been second to none. Nothing has ever been to much trouble and when issues have arisen with the property they have contacted me immediately and kept me informed. It has always been easy to contact the branch and they always return calls. I have dealt with other letting firms which is how I can provide such glowing feedback. I highly recommend anyone to use their services. In this day and age you just seem to accept rudeness and unprofessionalism but Northwoods offers a service which is professional and organised. The staff are friendly and go out of there way to offer assistance where needed.

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    81-83 South Street (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    Bn22
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been with northwood since early 2013, I have found the whole team to be professional, helpful and friendly. On a few occasions we have needed their help, they did not hesitate and were extremely helpful and got back to us with a solution almost immediately. Couldn't ask for better customer service! Highly recommended.

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Debra Rendle
    hu17
    £210000
    Debra Rendle

From first meeting to do the valuation on my property, I was impressed at the enthusiasm of Debra. From start to finish it was an extremely smooth and painless experience and amazing at how quick the sale took. It was only on the internet for 4 days before I got my first viewing and then they put an offer in. I would highly recommend Northwood, thank you so much!
    Sharon Kitchen.

6. View All Comments (1)by northwoodbev  29/01/2015

Thank you Sharon for taking time to post this kind review. We are so pleased that we were able to make your experience of selling your home as smooth and painless as possible. We wish all the best in your new home.
  7. A 5-star review by ''

ol26
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Been with northwood for 4 years no problems alex turner has very good custom service skills and always willing to help thanks

8. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    1b Hoole Road (Chester) (Cheshire)
    Ch4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Lesser agents would've told me some time ago to accept the fact the house would not sell. Not so, Northwoods. They were constantly in touch with progress updates and excellent advice that can only be given when a person really knows their stuff. House finally sold and for the best price possible given its current condition. Cannot thank Northwoods enough. Enthusiastic, helpful, knowledgeable staff.

9. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Rosemount) (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    ab21
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood Aberdeen for around 6-7 years, I had their Platinum scheme and found it to be exactly what they said and I wanted. They looked after every aspect of the rental and should anything require replacing they sourced the item or contractor giving me a choice and the various options including costs and in some cases delivery, once I decided they looked after everything from then on.
    Would I use them again, yes most definitely.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADEQUATE FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED”

10. View All Comments (1)by Matt  28/01/2015

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or “constructive” is very welcome.
  11. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    leanne
    M27
    £370
    leanne

On reccmendation I decided to let Northwood take care of renting my property. There were a few initial teething troubles but then Leanne took over and I have had no reason to complain since. I find the staff very honest, competant. reliable and friendly. It is very important for me to have a company who I can rely on, as I now live in Thailand. I definately recommend Northwood.. Steve Thailand

12. 1

Branch:
    113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    Bl0
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have rented my property with northwood for just over 6 months & the whole experience I have had with all the staff members from first ringing to vie the property, to viewing, applying, contracts & moving in has been the most stress free process I have encountered with a letting agent. I have rented for over 10 years & have experienced both good & bad agents & landlords & I can say without question that Northwood Bolton are exceptional in their field, professional to the point that as a tenant I feel confident & settled in my home. That is down to the staff! Any repairs or questions, however small are dealt with quickly & efficiently. If they can't you are informed & kept appraised of the situation. Should be more letting agents with Northwood Bolton's ethos.

Comments on the Agents fees

“MEETS THE SERVICE PROVIDED”

13. View All Comments (1)by Leanne  27/01/2015

Thank you for your review. Customer service is our number one priority and we are always happy to help.