Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 731 ratings. This website contains 730 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 25)

Page last updated on: 21-Dec-2014 19:12:28

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'D Shelat' 14/9/2014

Nin Rehal, Aaran Ryatt
    B1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'GPH' 10/9/2014

B15
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

3. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Darren' 11/9/2014

Nin Rehal
    B67
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

4. A 5-star review by 'kat' 21/12/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Jo Millward
    WR1

Jo Millward

Jo is a fabulous person who resolved a problem with a gas for us. We really appreciate that because we were not able to sort this out. Jo is a person who cares after tenants and after landlord's property. She is a professional who is dedicated to her job. Northwood is very lucky to have such a great employee on board!

5. A 5-star review by 'David' 19/12/2014

Matt Pullinger
    AB11
    £1450

Matt Pullinger

Matt and the Northwood team have been first class since my very first telephone call. The service promised was the service that was dilvered! Thank you Northwood.

6. A 5-star review by 'Shaun Maloney' 19/12/2014

Matt Pullinger, Laura Mearns
    AB25
    £900

Matt PullingerLaura Mearns

Matthew and Laura have really taken care of us during our heating breakdown. Elinor is also always very helpful. Overall we are very happy with the service they provide and hope we rent through Northwood for years to come. We have dealt with many letting agents in Aberdeen over the past ten years and they have been miles better than anyone else. THANK YOU!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO CHARGES FROM NORTHWOOD. FEES ARE ILLEGAL ALTHOUGH I HAVE FRIENDS WHO STILL GET CHARGED FEES BY OTHER AGENTS - BE WARNED!”

7. A 5-star review by 'Jez Gillbard' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    ex31
    £850

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Very happy to learn that you have won an industry award - it's obviously not just me who's impressed!!
    I became an "accidental landlord" when my mum went into care and we decided to rent her house out to help pay towards her own rent at the care home. I mistakenly used a well-established local estate agent initially which was a disaster; I wonder now what on earth I was actually paying them for. Having had such an awful experience I was going to sell mum's house, but then a friend pointed out Northwood's guaranteed rent scheme so I gave it a go - what a difference!! Now I not only receive a regular income but I feel like I'm dealing with professionals. Think I've backed the right horse this time. Keep up the good work Sean and Margaret.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL LIKE THE FEES ARE ACTUALLY BEING EARNED.”

8. View All Comments (1)by Sean  20/12/2014

Thank You Jez, we're glad that the guaranteed Rent service was able to provide a solution at a difficult time and we hope we can continue to provide a professional lettings service that you are happy with.
  9. A 5-star review by 'rosemary postlethwaite' 16/12/2014

PL5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Over 8 years we have had nothing but an excellent service and as landlords living outside the area would highly recommend the plymouth office, it has made letting the property so much easier. The staff have always been helpful and have been very good at letting us know straight away when there was a problem.
    We have never been without a tenant since 2006.
    In September 2014 we decided to sell the flat and have had the same excellent service from the sales team. Thank you.

10. A 5-star review by 'S Lodge' 16/12/2014

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    NP10
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From the initial call to the time I sadly had to give my notice to leave the property every single staff member was exceptional. I have never dealt with such a professional and personable company. Everything is dealt with so promptly and the staff are a delight to deal with and speak to. I would highly recommend them.

11. A 4-star review by 'Mrs rawlings' 15/12/2014

PL7
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The team are professional and have dealt with repairs promptly as required. Thy processed our application quickly and were helpful with our move in. We have been a Tenant for 3 years and still find them all to be very friendly and helpful.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE NOT SO HAPPY WITH THE ADMINISTRATION FEE TO RENEW THE TENANCY EACH TIME, WE FEEL THAT THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEE.”

12. A 5-star review by 'Christine' 15/12/2014

Branch:
    721 Christchurch Road Boscombe (Boscombe) (Bournemouth) (Hampshire)
    Stasi O\\\'Connor
    BH9
    £695

Stasi O\'Connor

Stasi has always provided me with excellent service at all times in my dealings with Northwood. Together with the rest of the team in the branch they give a friendly and professional approach to everyone. They strike the balance between looking after tenants and landlords. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a letting agent. Many thanks.

13. A 5-star review by 'Gail Nugent' 15/12/2014

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Mark Winkworth
    BA12

Mark Winkworth

I purchased my flat in Warminster through Mark Winkworth at Northwood. Mark was helpful, courteous and friendly. I visited the property three times and on each occasion Mark was very patient and offered constructive and useful suggestions. finally he recommended local tradesmen who could assist with some renovation I needed to do.
    Overall The service from the agents was excellent and if I could ever face moving again I would certainly use them myself.

14. A 5-star review by 'Nicky Scott' 14/12/2014

Branch:
    48 London Road (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    AL1
    £1100
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Right from my first introduction to Northwoods St Albans, I have always had a positive experience with them. The initial instruction was professional and informative, and I instantly felt at ease passing the leasing of my property over to them. As I was moving abroad, I was especially cautious on who managed my property, and I can't recommend Northwoods enough.
    My entire 4 year experience with them was hassle free, and I had some great tenants thanks to their strong vetting.
    Tim especially was always helpful, including giving me great advice on the local property market, even though sales aren't a field they operate in.

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Rachel Warren' 12/12/2014

NN3
    £1200
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been in our rented house for almost 1 year. Within that time we have found Northwood staff to be very efficient, helpful and cooperative. When we initially found the house we wanted to rent we only had 10 days before we needed to move in. Northwood conducting the relevant references and searches without any delay and we were able to move in within a week. Because we have a little 'yapping' dog Northwood have arranged their house check visits to suit us.
    Although this is the first house that we have rented, so not able to compare them to other agents, I would highly recommend them and use them again, if we needed to.
    Great service team, well done.

2. A 5-star review by 'Beverley Quibell' 11/12/2014

Katherine Bond
    NN3
    £450

Katherine Bond

I have been a Landord with Northwood in Northampton now for over 12yrs. The staff are always professional, understanding and efficient. I live abroad and using Northwood gives me great peace of mind.

3. A 5-star review by 'Emma' 11/12/2014

Branch:
    5 Fishergate Row, Butler Street (Preston) (Lancashire)
    pr1
    £495
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented with this agent for 4 years on and off and I would not hesitate to contact them first when needing somewhere to live in the future. I had unfortunate personal circumstances which meant I had to move, but found the agent to very understanding and helpful. I would recommend them any day.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID A SINGLE TENANT FEE OFF £120 TO MOVE AND FOUND THIS TO BE VERY COMPETITIVE. NO CHECK OUT FEES HAD TO BE PAID EITHER.”

4. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Darren' 11/12/2014

PL9

Hayley Byrne

We saw a property that we just loved the look of. Called Northwood and spoke to Hayley. She met us two days later so we could have a viewing. We really liked the place and then proceeded to go for it. Hayley has kept us informed all of the way with regards to how the application was progressing. She has been on the end of the phone when we had any questions. Cant fault her service.

5. 3

A 5-star review by 'Sam and Chris Hodson' 10/12/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Lauren Allcoat, Suzannah strickland
    WR1
    £615

Lauren AllcoatSuzannah strickland

From making our initial enquiry about the property up to and including getting the keys, both Lauren and Suzannah have been extremely helpful. They kindly put up with all our questions and queries.our previous property was looked after by Andrew Grants and the service was just shocking. Northwood has taken the stress out of the whole ordeal for us and we really appreciate it.

6. 2

A 5-star review by 'Joe' 9/12/2014

PL3
    £675

Hayley Byrne

Hayley maintained an outstanding level and balance of both professionalism and helpfulness throughout the whole tenancy process. From the moment I was shown around my potential new home I felt relaxed and warmth while she described the many features of the new property. I instantly knew this would be the place I wanted and despite many phone calls from myself (due to excitement), Hayley was courteous and responsive to all of my requests. I would highly recommend her and Northwood as THE letting agent to use as they are honest and understanding of the differing circumstances each applicant has. Many thanks Hayley - you've made the 'moving out' process a delight. A*

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD WERE OFFERING NO AGENCY FEES IF THE TENANT MOVED IN BY A CERTAIN DATE. THIS WAS PERFECT BECAUSE MOST OTHER AGENCIES USUALLY CHARGE FOR CREDIT CHECKS ETC AND WITH A NOT SO GOOD CREDIT RATING I WAS NERVOUS ABOUT THROWING AWAY MONEY. NORTHWOOD WERE HAPPY TO REFUND THE HOLDING DEPOSIT IF I WERE TO FAIL THE CREDIT CHECK BUT THIS WASN\'T NECESSARY - THIS WAS DEFINITELY A PIVOTAL FACTOR IN MY DECISION TO USE NORTHWOOD.”

7. 2

A 5-star review by 'House sparrow' 9/12/2014

PL6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I use the guaranteed rent scheme for my properties and benefit from the fully managed service for landlords. I cannot fault the team in any way. The staff are always attentive, professional and courteous. Any time that I have raised an issue or a query it has been dealt with swiftly and always with a satisfactory outcome. As a landlady, I feel that my properties are being managed by capable hands and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Northwood Plymouth to other prospective landlords and landladies.

8. A 5-star review by 'Jan' 9/12/2014

Branch:
    22 Church St ( ) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    Joy Cross, Liz Cross
    sk9

Joy CrossLiz Cross

Northwood UK were very efficient and professional throughout the tenancy application process. They are helpful and are quick to respond to any issues and I would thoroughly recommend their services to any prospective tenants.

9. A 5-star review by 'Bristol Plumbing and Heating Company Ltd' 9/12/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street (Bedminster) (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Property Management
    Siobhan Hayes, Jack Honeyfield
    BS

Siobhan HayesJack Honeyfield

We have worked alongside Northwood Residential Lettings for a number of years now carrying out all plumbing and heating works for their properties. All members of staff at the Bedminster branch are very friendly and helpful, they seem to be very tenant and land lord focused. It’s a pleasure to work alongside them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“INVOICE\'S ARE PAID ON TIME.”

10. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  10/12/2014

Hello All, thank you for your review of our services it is much appreciated. Kind regards Siobhan.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Matt' 8/12/2014

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Chris Peterborough
    Pe1
    Sold Price
    £70000

Chris Peterborough

To anyone thinking of using Northwood as their sales agent please do not hesitate!

Colin was professional from the start acting swiftly to return calls and chase up the various stakeholders involved in the sale. Colin was knowledgeable and well placed to offer advice throughout the process.

My past experience of selling a property was mixed at best however I am pleased to say that Northwood were breath of fresh air and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks again Northwood!

1. A 5-star review by 'Kumarie Balkissoon-Popeau' 8/12/2014

Sales (as a Vendor)
    PE1
    Sold Price
    £60
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Within a week of putting my property on the market, I was extremely happy, that a suitable buyer was found by the Agent at Northwood. Once the sale price was negotiated my property was taken off the market. Throughout the sale, I was kept informed via email and telephone, and on a couple of occasions was given professional advice on the best action.

I was extremely satisfied with the service I received. The team at the Peterborough Branch was professional and knowledgeable and I wish to express a huge thanks for making the transaction as stress free as possible.

2. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 8/12/2014

b54t
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are very satisfied with this agent. Communication goes smooth. Replies are fast and complete. We get nice pictures and description when there is a tenant change. Which is very important since we live abroad. Tenant made some damaged which are all recovered from the deposit and all things have been replaced without any headache.

We also have to deal with another tenant in a different city in the UK and clearly notice the difference. Service level is very good and Therefore recommendable!

3. A 4-star review by 'DougF' 8/12/2014

Colin Chapman, Christopher Brocklebank
    PE4
    £525

Colin ChapmanChristopher Brocklebank

Northwood, Peterborough managed a 2 bed flat for me for 7 years, handling all tenant interface and only involving me when essential work was required. It was a largely trouble free period with good tenants found by Northwood. They were always polite but professional and provided good advice when necessary. At the end they acted as agents in the sale and displayed the same professional approach as before.

4. A 5-star review by 'Janice' 8/12/2014

Andrew Brocklebank
    PE1

Andrew Brocklebank

I let my house through Northwood for 7 years under their Platinum agreement and had confidence and peace of mind during that time that my house was being well looked after. Northwood visited regularly to check the property and reported back to me. They acted swiftly if anything needed replacing or servicing, keeping me fully informed and rectifying the situation on my behalf. Rental payments were paid on time and staff at Northwood were always professional and polite. Northwood sold my house quickly when the time came and this process was very quick and smooth. I have always been given good information on which to make decisions.

“FEES WERE REASONABLE.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Summertime' 8/12/2014

Katherine Northampton, Daniel Dunkley
    NN8

Katherine NorthamptonDaniel Dunkley

As a landlord for several years I always sourced my own tenants and tried my best to manage all the usual challenges that this brings. After learning about Northwoods Guaranteed Rent Scheme I decided to give it a try. At first I was skeptical about value for money and whether I would still be doing the same as before, chasing tenants issues on a weekly basis. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient the process was from start to present. After delivering all the required upgrades and refurbishments, Northwood took over and handled things very professionally. All my doubts have been erased by a superb service. So to all the team in the Northampton office, well done, thank you, ITS 3 YES's FROM ME! (plus virtual bow ;-)

6. A 1-star review by 'Arun' 8/12/2014

Branch:
    115 Stratford Road (Shirley) (Solihull) (West Midlands)
    B26
    £550
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They have taken Agent fees and first month rent but could not handover the flat. 2 times they changed dates and at the end they did not provide the flat.

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“They would have provide the house to me.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Emily' 8/12/2014

AB10
    £1300
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Only have positive things to say about Northwood Aberdeen. I began renting my property through them over a year ago, they are very professional, honest, and quick to respond to any queries I have had regarding the letting process. I live overseas and was concerned about how easy it would be for Northwood to contact me, they have put me completely at ease. I get e-mails every month regarding the payment for the flat, and if there are any issues with the flat I am notified immediately by e-mail. So far I have had a CO2 alarm installed, my boiler repaired, a valuation carried out for re-mortgaging. Northwood and all the staff I have dealt with in the Aberdeen office have been fantastic, I have recommended this letting agency to friend and family who are considering renting out their properties.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR GIVEN THE MARKET IN ABERDEEN. I SHOPPED AROUND AND DID SOME RESEARCH, AND NORTHWOOD COMPARED VERY FAVOURABLY WITH OTHER LETTING AGENTS.”

8. View All Comments (1)by Matt  09/12/2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or “constructive” is very welcome.
  9. A 5-star review by 'Parin' 8/12/2014

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    Bali Landa
    Le72
    £575

Bali Landa

I have used northwoods for many years, they have always done an excellent job in finding tenants for me. The "just find a tenant" has always worked for me and they do a very good job. I love the fact they they do everything from finding the tenant to the inventory. Bali is my first point of contact and she is very efficient, she always keeps me informed and is always polite.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE SERVICE PROVIDED IS GREAT, HOWEVER I THINK IT\'S EXPENSIVE AND YOU SHOULD GIVE A DISCOUNT TO CUSTOMERS THAT ARE REGULAR USERS AND ALSO TO CUSTOMERS THAT RECOMMEND OTHERS TO YOU. I RECOMMENDED A FRIEND AND I THINK HE USED YOU.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Chris' 8/12/2014

Branch:
    43-45 Cross Street (Sale) (Cheshire)
    Daniel Harris
    M33

Daniel Harris

I only have good things to say about Northwood, Daniel & his team.

I have been renting my property through them for several years now and always found all the staff there courteous, professional and good at what they do.

Whenever there has been a maintenance issue it has been dealt with efficiently with my best interests at the core of any decisions they have made including making sure that I haven’t been charged for an electrician to change a bulb (as one tenant previously tried!!)

I would and have recommended people to use them and feel that they offer the personal touch as my requirements have sometimes differed from the norm and they have always accommodated that.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE COMPETITIVE BUT NOT THE CHEAPEST. I HAVE LEARNT THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND WHILST I PAID A LITTLE MORE AND HIS PROVED BETTER IN LONG RUN ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE HAD TO APPLY TO RETAIN THE TENANTS DEPOSIT.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Bucko' 6/12/2014

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Tom Richards
    HU9
    £650

Tom Richards

Having delt with this agency for a couple of years now, I have never found any quibbles whatsoever when dealing with them. The proffesional responce I always receive from these agents fill me with confidence, which in turn, makes the letting process so much more manageable for me.
    I cannot recommend this agency enough.

“WORTH EVERY PENNY”

12. View All Comments (1)by northwoodbev  09/12/2014

We are so pleased that your experience with us has been pleasant and hassle free. We always strive to maintain a professional service to all our clients so to hear such high praise fills us with enormous pride. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.