Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 640 ratings. This website contains 639 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 22)

Page last updated on: 30-Oct-2014 18:27:37

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'D Shelat' 14/9/2014

Nin Rehal, Aaran Ryatt
    B1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'GPH' 10/9/2014

B15
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Darren' 11/9/2014

Nin Rehal
    B67
    £625
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

4. A 1-star review by 'Kirstie Waterfall-Smith' 30/10/2014

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    YO32
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In 2012 myself, my partner and his brother rented a property together through Northwood. This was the first time that we had rented (apart from as students) and therefore we were not aware of the 'tricks' that can be used by letting agents. When we first viewed the property the young man who showed us round knew absolutely nothing about the house. We liked what we saw however and therefore we proceeded to go ahead and rent the property. Our move-in date was altered to a week later than agreed as they said they needed to do some cleaning. When we got the keys however, the property was in a... (read more)

5. View All Comments (1)by Adam King  30/10/2014

We have no record of a tenant called Kirstie Waterfall-Smith. Happy to discuss the issue with Ms Waterfall-Smith if she is able to provide details of her alleged tenancy, until then, I would politely request that this is removed. Adam King Director Northwood (York) Ltd
  6. A 5-star review by 'jon' 30/10/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG41
    £1750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am an international landlord, residing in Switzerland and have worked with Northwood Wokingham who manage our property. We have had experienced multiple problems at the property, with electrical, heating and roofing issues. Northwood have been very responsive, professional and efficient to sort out the problems taking into account both the tenant and landlord requirements. Its comforting to know someone if looking after the property in our absence.

7. A 5-star review by 'Dr. M. Alhomsi' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    Katie Rees, Mike Evans
    CF14
    £575

Katie ReesMike Evans

They look after your place like if it was their own, their services are beyond expectations & they will never ever be late in responding to you regarding any matter!

3 months ago the washing machine brokedown, it took 24 hours until I got a brand new fancy one, & now my fridge got broken as well & it took them less than 24 hours to bring me a brand new bigger & fancier one!

Staying at a property let by Northwood is even better than staying at a 5 stars hotel.

I am really thankful that I am renting with them, as they have the best properties & landlords.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT IS CONSIDERABLY FAIR”

8. A 5-star review by 'Helena Orr' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    Sadia Mann
    WA4

Sadia Mann

We have been renting out our house for almost a year now via Northwoods fully managed guaranteed rent service and we have been really impressed. As first time landlords we were a little apprehensive about the whole process and planned to meet and compare three companies before we made a decision on who to use to manage our property however as we met Northwood first, we never got any further !!
    Sadia Maan came to visit us at home and discuss the whole process from start to finish and we were so impressed with her professionalism, manner and transparency of charges & policies that we... (read more)

9. A 4-star review by 'Mark Gordon' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    46-48 George Street (Oldham) (Lancashire)
    Property Management
    M40
    £380
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Helpful and friendly staff. Rent payments always received on time. The very little issues that I have had have always been resolved in a timely manner.

10. A 5-star review by 'David' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Denise Watson, Helen Atkinson
    RG1
    £650

Denise WatsonHelen Atkinson

I have let a property through Northwood for 6 years. I would thoroughly recommend them - they are efficient, thorough, extremely helpful and quick to reply to all emails. Any issues with the flat they take care of immediately and assist with maintenance in the most cost effective manner.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT HAS A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE MARKET - AND HAS LET MY PROPERTY AT AN OPTIMUM PRICE, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE AGENT\'S FEES - THEY ARE REALISTIC AND I GET A THOROUGH SERVICE.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Martha H.' 27/10/2014

Sales (as a Buyer)
    SE15

Duncan Burge

Duncan was a very helpful and informative agent when helping me to buy my first flat. The sale fell through initially due to the chain collapsing, however Duncan kept in contact with me and helped me to still buy the flat once the sellers had found a new property. I would highly recommend Duncan and Northwood when looking for an agent.

12. A 5-star review by 'janine' 27/10/2014

ba12
    £147000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The service was fantastic and my house was sold. I was happy with the estate agents and how they helped me sell my house

13. A 1-star review by 'Liz' 26/10/2014

Branch:
    23 Crendon Street (High Wycombe) (Buckinghamshire)
    Hp13
    £975
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We rented a flat from them for more than a year, but it was a horrible experience. We had so many problems with the flat, especially when there was a flood. They didn't want to help us, later on the flat became mouldy, but they didn't care about it, so we moved. They didn't give us any refund, no answer for our emails. Mark the manager was the worst! When we wanted to talk to him about the problems, he wasn't available. Then my husband called him in the office, I was waiting outside the office. The receptionist told my husband that he was in a meeting, while I could see that he was standing in the office.no comment... You can imagine his face, when I entered the office!
    Never trust them, never rent a flat from them!

14. A 5-star review by 'Alison' 26/10/2014

Branch:
    22 Church St ( ) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    SK10
    £93000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented my property through Northwood for almost 7 years following a move abroad. They also sold the property when I decided not to return to the area. In those seven years, I had several excellent tenants, and at no stage did I receive no rental income. Northwood were efficient and responded to all emails quickly, despite me being many miles away and having never personally met them, I highly recommend Northwood to those considering letting their properties and was also impressed with their sales staff.

1. A 4-star review by 'David Wilcock' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    , becky blackburn
    BB4
    £300

becky blackburn

Once we decide to let with Northwood the service was exceptional an we could not have asked for anymore. The road to listing with Northwood was not so great as I felt the sales agent was quite pushy and un professional and took the presumptive close to a whole new level. The almost didn't win our business but I am glad he didn't put us off as the service has been first class since.

2. A 5-star review by 'E. M, - Peckham' 23/10/2014

SE15

Duncan Burge

Duncan was excellent to work with , he has a very nice consultative approach and was fully committed to helping with the sale. He was extremely flexible with scheduling appointments and also helpful at recommending best approaches. We had an unfortunate situation where our first house purchase fell through and we needed to cancel the sale of our flat. Duncan remained positive and engaged during the delayed timeline, he also kept previously interested buyers in the loop and we ended up selling to the same people who we had accepted an offer from nearly over 6months earlier even at the higher... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE VERY COMPETITIVE. VERY MUCH MORE SO THEN ANY OF THE 5 PROVIDERS WE LOOKED AT INITIALLY.”

3. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  24/10/2014

Thank you for these kind words. I am so glad that everything turned out well in the end!
  4. A 5-star review by 'aWrongun' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    721 Christchurch Road Boscombe (Boscombe) (Bournemouth) (Hampshire)
    Rachel Lewis
    bh4

Rachel Lewis

I sought to use Northwood on the guaranteed rental scheme for 12 months as I found myself being an accidental landlord and couldnt sell my flat. The service offered by NW pays a monthly fee (obviously a degree below the rental value) every month regardless of whether there are tenants in or not.
    I made it clear to Rachel Lewis at Northwood that any tenants coming into the property would have to have a well honed set of behavioural skills as I had sought special consent to sub-let from the residents committee who only allowed me to have tenants on the condition there were no complaints... (read more)

5. A 5-star review by 'Chris McGill' 22/10/2014

SE3
    £435000

Duncan Burge

Duncan was a great help in selling my property. He was very flexible with viewing times and was easily contactable throughout the process. He actively chased the solicitors on both sides and kept me appraised of all progress.

6. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  22/10/2014

I'm glad the sale went so well and we were able to achieve over the asking price for you.
  7. A 5-star review by 'Bill Treegllas' 21/10/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX31
    £495

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Margaret and Sean have been 1st rate to deal with in finding me tenants for the flat. It was great to have them find good tenants and to do all the credit checks etc. And the inventory was the best I have ever seen, I don't think they missed a thing, which will be great evidence when these tenants move out!
    Thanks both for your great service, I will be back!
    Bill Tregellas

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS THE SAME AS I WAS GETTING FROM MY LAST TENANT”

8. A 4-star review by 'NA' 20/10/2014

Branch:
    3 Frances Street (Truro) (Cornwall)
    TR19
    £795
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Renting has changed a whole lot since I was previously a tenant about 15 years ago, and I was shocked by the number of hoops it is necessary to jump through in order to secure a tenancy these days - however, I'm assured by renting friends that this is the norm!

My personal experience of Northwood in Truro is that their agents are both polite and helpful insofar as they can be - obviously,they have to work within certain confines, but whenever I had a query they were quick to get back to me and generally settled issues to our satisfaction. My only gripe would be the cleanliness of the... (read more)

9. A 5-star review by 'B Pengilly' 20/10/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    Sean Brickley
    EX31

Sean Brickley

This is the first time I have used Northwood, having previously used the services of 2 other agents in the 18 years I have been letting property.
    The service and communication from them has been first class and by far exceeded my already high expectations.
    Sean and the team have been a delight to deal with, making my tenant change over pain free for me. I will most definitely use Sean and the Northwood team again and would highly recommend their services to any prospective customer.

10. A 5-star review by 'Caroline Barry' 17/10/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Siobhan Hayes
    BS3
    £625

Siobhan Hayes

Northwood have let our property in Bedminster for over 18 months and the service we have received from them has always been excellent. The attention to detail is great and I feel confident that everything is taken of care of for me.

When there are any problems with the property, I have notified quickly and the situation was resolved swiftly.

We are paid on time and have never had to query deductions for work carried out as we are always notified in advance. We now have very little to do with the property and the money just turns up in our account each month.

11. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  17/10/2014

Hello Caroline, thank you for your review. I am glad you are enjoying the benefits of our Guaranteed Rent service. Kind regards, Siobhan.
  12. A 5-star review by 'rf1' 17/10/2014

Sales (as a Buyer)
    se3
    £435000

Duncan Burge

Excellent service. Good communication throughout process helping to with chase solicitors on vendor side. Flexible in allowing multiple viewings of property once offer accepted. Highly recommended.

13. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  20/10/2014

Progression is a fundamental part of the service we provide to vendors, and vital to ensuring that a sale proceeds smoothly to exchange and completion as quickly as possible.
  14. A 5-star review by 'Hannah' 17/10/2014

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    Le8
    £725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very thorough and informative, everything was explained to us in lots of detail, to both me and my partner, very friendly also

1. A 5-star review by 'CJames' 16/10/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    BR1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is my first property as a landlady therefore I was looking for a Company that would be able to provide me with guidance when it came to the rental process. Northwood were able to do this with no hassle and their support and advice is second to none. My worries regarding suitable tenants were put at ease swiftly by Northwood’s superior marketing and speed at which they found tenants for my property. Northwood ensured tenants were suitable as the processes they undertook included reference checks on the prospective tenants to certify they were appropriate for me. The whole procedure from contacting to Northwood to the completion of gaining tenants was a smooth and swift experience done with the upmost detail.

2. A 5-star review by 'Jake mcbride' 16/10/2014

Danielle Bradbury
    Ba14
    £460

Danielle Bradbury

I've been in a property letter by northwood Warminster for around a month now, they have been more than helpful finding me the property and helping me in every way. The tenancy is a great deal and a great spot. I had a few issues with some soft furnishings that the previous tenant had damaged and even though it wasn't the estate agents fault they were very appolagetic and had the problem sorted in mere hours, I would highly recommend using northwood. I've mainly dealt with a lady called Danielle Bradbury, she is singularly the most proficient agent I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She is quick to sort any minor defaults for me and should definatly be recognised for it. Taking nothing away from the rest of the team either, they've all been very exceptional in treating me as a client. To round off, great company, great team and they're all more than welcome for dinner at mine!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT DEAL WITH NORTHWOOD AND GREAT LANDLORD TO RENT OFF OF.”

3. View All Comments (1)by FB01  16/10/2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your very positive feedback which is very much appreciated.
  4. A 5-star review by 'Priyanka Mangal' 15/10/2014

B44
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Nin and his team done an excellent job from letting to buying the same house. We are very pleased with their service through out from day one. As a first time buyer had no idea where to start and how to start. We were guided by him all the times and completion was done in days. Such a pleasant experience . I would highly recommend this company to people looking to let or buy.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'HY' 15/10/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Lauren Allcoat
    WR1

Lauren Allcoat

I really appreciate what the agent has done for me. Whatever I asked the agent, she always answered to me really quick and also worked really hard.

6. A 5-star review by 'Sam Williams' 14/10/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    BS13
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have just rented my property with Northwood, North St, Southville, bristol, branch. In turn great tenants were found very quickly. Siobhan at Northwood provided me with an easy to use service, with property specific details I wanted included. The one off cost was clear from the start, with no additional hidden costs. I would definitely use Northwood in the future and highly recommend them to others.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mr Z H' 11/10/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Jonathan Edwards
    WR3
    £675

Jonathon Edwards

Our first meeting was with Jonathan. It was a very honest and open conversation - we outlined our plans (and the limitations surrounding them); Jonathan explained the options available to us. He came well prepared, armed with up-to-date information about the rental prices achieved in our area recently. Although I suspect Jonathan had some preconceived ideas as to what our property might look like (and the rent it will achieve), he kept an opened mind and adjusted his rental income valuation (upwards), when he familiarised himself with the quality of our property. One meeting was more than enough for us to reach an agreement on all matters with Jonathan - we felt comfortable with his suggestions and the service he provided us with.
    Lauren took care of all other matters afterwards - agreement preparation, inventory, etc. Lauren was readily available to discuss any matters over the phone and very easy and straightforward to deal with.

8. A 5-star review by 'Ruth D' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Debra Rendle, Hannah Pinder
    HU5
    £81000

Debra RendleHannah Pinder

Hannah was most recently in charge of managing the property when it was let, and Debra helped us sell it. We always had good communication and fast responses to queries or issues, and yesterday completed on the sale of the house. I would recommend them to anyone in the area wanting either to let or to sell a property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (2)by northwoodbev  20/10/2014

Thank you Ruth for taking the time to post your kind review. We are please to hear that our team were helpful throughout the process and made your experience as stress free as possible. Thanks again.
  10. A 5-star review by 'ljscott' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Dean Walford, Stuart London
    se28
    £700

Dean WalfordStuart London

I cannot reccommed the guaranteed rent scheme more highly. We had so many issues before handing our 2 bed flat over to Northwood - Rental voids, messy tenants.... even cockroaches on one occasion. If you want a hassle free guaranteed rental service, then this is definitely the best option. Yes, you'll invariably get slightlt under market vale rent, but if you take into consideration what you;'d probaly pay a standard letting agent (along with rental voids etc...) then this is really a great option for you.

11. 1

A 1-star review by 'Karen' 9/10/2014

Branch:
    113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    M26
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would not recommend or use Northwoods Bolton again. From the beginning of the tenancy, they did not address or even answer my emails of concerns. There were serious managemt failings at this branch which varied from taking 4 months to pay back an over payment to not declaring local and frequent power cuts, not providing working smoking alarms, not answering any of my emails whatever it was in relation too. Terrible service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO PROBLEMS WITH REGARDS TO FEES CHARGED IF THEY WOULD OF FILFILLED THE ROLE OF ACTUALLY MANAGING THE PROPERTY.”

12. A 5-star review by 'laura' 9/10/2014

fiona bradbury
    ba11

fiona bradbury

NORTHWOOD estate agents in warminster are the loveliest team I've come across. extremely helpful made me feel at ease through the whole process. I would like to thank fiona bradbury for all of her help over the last few weeks any questions i had were answered thoroughly and promptly. All the team make you feel welcome they are a happy and bubbly bunch moving can be one of the most stressful times in life but these guys have been great. Thanks again :-)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES CHARGED ARE VERY REASONABLE. IM VERY PLEASED THAT I CHOSE NORTHWOOD NO HIDDEN FEES”

13. View All Comments (1)by FB01  11/10/2014

Thank you so much your kind words, it's great to hear you've had a positive experience.