Browse agents by letter

Northwood

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 508 ratings. This website contains 507 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 17)

Page last updated on: 28-Jul-2014 17:56:00

1. A 5-star review by 'callum cowan' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    ne16
    £124000

cant fault Northwood sales and lettings Newcastle branch

ive used them them over the years to buy, sell and let out property

staff from the very top down are great to deal with and ive always been over the moon with the advice and service received

always my first port of call to buy/sell or use their landlord services

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE COMPARABLE WITH OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA, HOWEVER NORTHWOOD REPRESENT FAR BETTER VALUE FOR MONEY”

2. A 1-star review by 'Dave' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    62 Church Street (Hove) (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    BN3
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely appalling service. Avoid using this agency at all costs. By far the most incompetent agency I have ever dealt with, they take months to action any issue you have with a flat. They dont have any decent contractors/traders when issues go wrong. I had multiple issues with my flat, including security issue that they took 4 months to action. Completely unacceptable. Useless property managers, I had to basically chase / call do everything myself. Staff have no organisational skills between them. Warning all landlords and tenants - avoid using this company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE EXPENSIVE AROUND THE 200POUNDS MARK, WHICH I WOULD EXPECT A FANTASTIC SERVICE TO BE PROVIDED FOR THIS WHICH IT CERTAINLY WAS NOT.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Gill' 26/7/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Siobhan Hayes
    BS14

Siobhan Hayes

The Bedminster branch of Northwood have dealt with letting my house under the Platinum rent guarentee scheme, since July 2012 , relieving me of the previous stress of finding regular paying tenants. Northwood guarentee a monthly rent all year on this scheme even if the property is empty for a few days inbetween lets.
    I cannot praise Siobhan Hayes enough, she's a real asset to the Northwood company.
    She thinks outside the box when dealing with my tenants and my property, rather than constantly contacting me, as other agents have in the past.
    Often, I don't realise that a new tenant has moved in until my neighbour mentions it, as the process runs so smoothly when Siobhan looks after it.
    I'd thoroughly recommend other private landlords to use this company if they'd like to avoid sleepless nights worrying about their unreliable tenants ....from one who knows !

4. A 4-star review by 'Mr B' 25/7/2014

SK11
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a tenant with Northwood for 6 months and I had no issues, I found all staff to be helpful with queries I had regarding the property and renting procedure. Would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE REASONABLE & COMPETITIVE”

5. A 1-star review by 'fume' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    so18
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Unprofessional "*"... Right from the moment I handed over my deposit the women started slagging off tenants. I have not been in my property long but have never had a house up together I'm constantly waiting on jobs that are consistently lied about. They have now lied through their teeth on three separate occasions putting all blame on me to the point where they are now letting contractors in my house when I'm not there with no choice and very little warning, I have now come home today after being away and my back door has been left open over night now obviously I called straight away but yet again this is normal behaviour from them saying its my fault I weren't in last week even though I had no definite day to stay in... I'm sure they think people don't work! But basically they love and argument and are never wrong. From 7 landlords/ estate agents iv never had problems and rudeness like this. Every job that's needed doing has taken 6 months to sort. This company is a joke! Run by monkeys that have no idea what the word communication means

6. A 5-star review by 'Hay' 24/7/2014

Scott Morrison
    AB10
    £700

Scott Morrison

I have found Northwood to be very helpful in all aspects of leasing a property from them compared to my experience with other agencies in the past. If we have ever had any maintenance issue with the flat it has been dealt with as promptly as possible by the excellent staff and we have been kept informed along the way. From the viewing through to signing of the lease and any further contact we've had with them they have always been courteous and professional.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK ALL FEES CHARGED BY LEASING AGENCIES ARE RIDICULOUS. THIS ISN\'T A SLIGHT ON NORTHWOOD.”

7. A 5-star review by 'sue whaley' 24/7/2014

SK11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Northwood Macclesfield for over 3 years now on the Guaranteed Rent scheme for my three properties and have found the service to be very good. For me the best part of the service is not having to worry about rents coming in or empty periods and this has certainly made life as a landlord very easy. Maintenance issues have been dealt with promptly and they have always kept me informed. I would certainly recommend Northwood in Macclesfield and their Guaranteed rent scheme”

8. A 5-star review by 'Rachel' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    CF5
    £595
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am currently letting with Northwood and I have experienced excellent service. They have been very professional and approachable in all aspects, all the staff are lovely! They have had no problem with us making the house our home and have let us paint the house and maintain the garden in the manner that we wish. I have found previous letting agents are very negative when it comes to the idea of any home improvement, even just a fresh coat of white paint.
    They have been very quick in handling any problems and the repair company they use is fab!

I would highly recommend letting with Northwood.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLY PRICED AND SERVICE ON MOVE IN DAY WAS FAB, THE AGENT PHOTOED THE WHOLE HOUSE, AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME WITH US ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND SHOWING US WHERE EVERYTHING IS...I HAVE BEEN WITH PREVIOUS LETTERS IN CARDIFF WHO COULDN\'T TELL ME WHERE THE ELECTRIC METER IS. WELL WORTH THE AGENTS FEES.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Rachel' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    CF5
    £595
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would highly recommend letting with Northwood.

10. A 3-star review by 'Ally' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    33 Albert Square (Dundee) (Dundee City)
    DD2
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood overall have been brilliant but their rating has been reduced due to the ending of the agreement prior to moving out :(

To start with they want to start letting people see 2 months before you move out, the potential to cause you a lot of hassles over the last 2 months! However, I understand why. We ensured the house was clean and presentable and continued to do so and they never even told us they had it re rented out? We were still putting off appointments and arrangements and they never even told us they did not need back in! Very annoying indeed, especially when I work offshore... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE HOUSE WAS REASONABLY PRICED. NOT WORTH MUCH MORE DUE TO THE POOR FINISH INSIDE AND STANDARD OF THE BUILD.”

1. A 5-star review by 'bromley lauren' 23/7/2014

br2
    £1450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am a first time landlady, so was looking for a Company that could help guide me through the rental process. I found the help and advice from Northwood very helpful. I was pleased with the marketing of my property and tenants were found very quickly. Northwood carried out reference checks on the prospective tenants which found the them to be solid and reliable and the whole process was completed quickly, efficiently and with a minimum hasle

“FEES SEEMED REASONABLE”

2. A 1-star review by 'M S' 22/7/2014

AB11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Recommend if you would like to be robbed. We were waiting for your deposit 3 months, they took 100 pounds of us just for cleaning dust from radiators (the check up was a week after I handed the keys back so I am assuming he dust appear in this time). Additionally they didn't pay their administration fee at the deposit company they made us to pay another 30 pounds for them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WERE UPLIFTED COUPLE TIME HOWEVER IF WE WANTED THEM TO DO SOMETHING AT THE FLAT, WE HAD TO BEG FOR MONTH AND THEY NEVER DID ANYTHING.”

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“they should recommend different agency because they are useless.”

3. View All Comments (1)by Matt Pullinger  23/07/2014

Dear Tenant I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service received. I have no record of your complaint on file but please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further. As you may know deposits are now protected in Scotland therefore they are dependent upon an agreement from the tenant and the landlord in terms of a proposal, which is the only basis that we would submit a proposal. Therefore there would never be a case where any tenant waits three months for a deposit as they simply login and make a proposal which means that the landlord must respond within 30 days. In addition to this the company we use to protect the deposit are government approved and a not-for-profit organisation therefore there are no charges to protect the deposit or submit a proposal. Once again our sincere apologies. Yours sincerely Matt Pullinger
  4. A 5-star review by 'Ed' 22/7/2014

sk11
    £600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Rented through Northwood in Macclesfield and found them to be helpful. Had a couple of issues with the property which they sorted out quickly and deatl with it all for me. Happy to use them again.

5. A 5-star review by 'Ian Masters' 21/7/2014

Branch:
    81-83 South Street (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    BN21
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I initially made contact with Northwood to learn more about their Guaranteed Rental Income scheme, having heard their advert "all the time" on the radio! As the scheme "Does what it says on the tin" I initially placed one of my properties with them but was so pleased with the excellent service I later placed my other properties with Eastbourne as and when they became available. The team in Eastbourne have all been very helpful and professional, nothing seems too much trouble for them. Now they have sold my portfolio to other landlords as I'm emigrating. Thanks Northwood!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WITH THE GUARANTEED RENTAL SCHEME THERE WERE NO ADDITIONAL FEES FOR ME TO PAY”

6. A 5-star review by 'madelene' 18/7/2014

, steven matt
    ab16

steven matt

I'm honestly shocked about some of these reviews. Northwood have looked after pure property for over 5 years. They have been open and transparent throughout this time. We have always been paid on time, and any deductions to the bill ie for gas safety certificates are checked in advance. Any repairs have been made or dealt with via the company. I have recommended Northwood on many occasions and will continue to do so.

If you are considering renting out your property I urge you to consider the guaranteed rent scheme. It has been an absolutely problem free experience for us.

I cannot recommend this company and staff enough.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOR US, THE FEE TAKEN BY NORTHWOOD ENSURES THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS. I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT T. THEY ARE PAID. IT IS EARNT FOR AN EXCELLENT SERVICE.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Jim Davies' 17/7/2014

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Duncan Burge
    SE5
    £380000

Duncan Burge

I recently bought a flat in SE5 through Northlands, Dulwich, who provided me with first class service from start to finish. Duncan was happy to show me the property and provide answers to all my questions on two consecutive evenings at very short notice. Without his prompt and knowledgeable service I would likely not have made an offer. During the transaction Northlands were very accessible, always calling back promptly to any messages, quickly finding answers and being proactive in liaising between me, the vendor and both sets of solicitors. Northlands run a very professional operation

8. A 5-star review by 'Heath' 17/7/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Wr1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I found this agency to be very friendly in all dealings, extremely professional and above all helpful. Their fees are extremely reasonable and lower than a lot of other agents I have used previously. Lauren was great in helping me find a place and organising my move in. I really couldn't have asked for a better service. Highly Recommend!

9. A 5-star review by 'Felicity' 15/7/2014

SE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After having tenants renting our property for over 30 years, we were concerned when they left due to age.

What would we do?

We needn't have worried when we came across Northwood Bromley. It is a pleasure renting through them. It is the first time we have rented our property through an agent and we have been thoroughly satisfied with the services provided and and a good response to any problem.

10. A 5-star review by 'Joanne' 15/7/2014

, Steven Anderson
    AB22
    £700

Steven Anderson

Steven has been really helpful with our recent flood at our flat. The maintenance lady, Elinor was also really good, arranging contractors and access while I was at work. Compared to the last agent we rented a flat from, Northwood are really good - thanks.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WEREN\'T CHARGED ANY FEES BY NORTHWOOD. AGENTS AREN\'T ALLOWED TO CHARGE FEES IN SCOTLAND.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Kris' 15/7/2014

ab10
    £800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been with Northwood for about a year now and have recently had to move flat after our previous landlord wished to take back the property. Northwood have always been helpful and dealt with any issues in a timely, friendly manner. During our move they have been exceptionally helpful and made the move as stress free as possible. We are grateful to the Northwood team who have always gone above and beyond to help us and we are glad to have found another property with them as we would not trust any other agency like we do Northwood.

1. A 5-star review by 'Sean Warren' 14/7/2014

Stuart Attwood
    DA14

Stuart Attwood

I was extremely pleased with the service I received, and Stuart showed remarkable patience when I was phoning him every 30 seconds!
    Stuart pushed everything along with great professionalism and haste, which was very good for me as I had fallen in love with the property and wanted to move in as soon as possible.
    I'm now happily installed at the flat and if I have any questions, stuart answers them promptly and efficiently, if I was forced to make a negative comment the only thing I could come up with is the parking at the branch.
    I am, by any definition, a very satisfied customer.

Sean Warren

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT EXCESSIVE, ABUT RIGHT.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Henderson' 14/7/2014

Steven Swann
    AB39

Steven Swann

Have been with Northwood for nearly 4 years and found Steven and all his team to be friendly, professional and helpful to both landlords and tenants with prompt attention and service. Based on my experience, I am more than happy to recommend them to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADVISED BY AGENT THAT THEY KEEP RENTAL LEVEL FAIR TO ATTRACT TENANTS, RATHER THAN PUSHING FOR HIGHEST POSSIBLE RENTAL RATES. WITH A GUARANTEED RENTAL AGREEMENT IN PLACE, THIS WORKS TO THE BENEFIT OF THE TENANT AND THE LETTING AGENT AND ALSO THE LANDLORD IF TENANT STAYS LONGER TERM SO VOID PERIODS ARE SHORTER.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Louise M' 11/7/2014

Branch:
    5A St James Street ( ) (Derby) (Derbyshire)
    DE3
    £1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood have been exceptionally professional and helpful in letting out our property. It was important to us to leave our home in good hands as we now live overseas. Northwood have been extremely quick in finding the right tenants and manage our home for us very well. We receive regular feedback and monthly updates. Their handyman is also very good and competitively priced which makes life easier for us too. In all, Northwood have been an excellent choice and I highly recommend them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WORTH EVERY PENNY. OUR HOME IS RENTED OUT AND IN GOOD HANDS.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Claire Matthews' 11/7/2014

Branch:
    64 Harrogate Road (Chapel Allerton) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Emily Hunnybun, Peter Allison
    LS27

Emily HunnybunPeter Allison

All the staff were really helpful and quick to respond to queries. Maintenance issues were dealt with very promptly and without any difficulty. The team are easy to get hold of and very personable.

5. A 5-star review by 'Finn' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    Beth
    No postcode selected.

Beth

Beth of Northwood,Basingstoke has recently sold my house in a very short space of time and above the asking price.I was very impressed with the way she conducted herself.
    Nothing was too much trouble.I would certainly reccomend her and Northwood
    Pauline McMillan

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Ms Miceli' 10/7/2014

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Ewan MacPhee
    CW11
    £118000

Ewan MacPhee

Ewan managed my expecations very well and at times where I challenged him on the sale price he was able to give me constructive advice and a realistic solution. Having taken his advice which involved lowering the asking price I had far more viewings resulting in an accepted offer.
    Ewan has communicated with me at all times and kept me informed of progress. He clearly knows his market and I would not hesitate to use Northwood again.

7. View All Comments (1)by Ewan  10/07/2014

Thank you Ms Miceli for your feedback and I am delighted you have found using our services to be a positive experience.
  8. 2
    people found this

A 5-star review by 'John f' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    15 Chatsworth Road (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    Bn12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood have our property on the guaranteed scheme. We have not seen it for over a year and that's great! We get quarterly reports and the rent comes on the same day every month. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I don't normally write reviews but am very pleased with the service I get from Northwood.

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mrs Mason' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nikki Ponsford
    GL53
    £1400

Nikki Ponsford

Really impressed with the professional courteous service from Nikki and her team. Very efficient, informative and approachable; seemed quite happy to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. Always kept up to speed with application process and happy to answer any questions.......knocks spots off other agents I have dealt with :)

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Victoria Feltham' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Emma Moore
    BS3

Emma Moore

Emma Moore is a very friendly, professional lettings negotiator. I have spent weeks and weeks looking at different properties with various different agencies. Some of the agents were late arriving and offered no apology to my partner and I. Some even talked down to us as if we were idiots who didn't have a clue. In extreme contrast, Emma showed me around three different properties and was always on time, professional, friendly and helpful. She was really pleased for us when we finally selected a flat and we were so glad that the property we chose to rent was one that she had showed us. A 6 star rating from us for Emma Moore.

11. View All Comments (1)by Emma  14/07/2014

Thank you for your comments, I am glad to hear you are happy with the service you have received and thank you for you giving such a positive review.
  12. A 5-star review by 'Jacqui Lawrance' 9/7/2014

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    , Kate Stainsby
    GL4

Kate Stainsby

Northwood took over the management of my property back in November 2013 and I can honestly state that I have found them to be extremely professional, courteous and true to their word. I have every confidence in their approach to the management of my property and feel safe and secure in the knowledge that my property is in good hands. Thankyou ladies at Northwood.