Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 573 ratings. This website contains 572 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 20)

Page last updated on: 16-Sep-2014 14:17:25

1. A 5-star review by 'Simon' 16/9/2014

AL4
    £950

Tim Leighton

I moved to Northwards from a previous local agent after being let down a couple of times and was very pleased that I did. From the outset they were very provisional and they ended up fully managing my property over a 5 year + period whilst I was living abroad over which time they brought in a number of new tenants. Being out of the country you want to be able to trust the agent to do the best on your behalf but also keep the tenants happy and I must say they did a very good job at keeping both sides happy. I would recommend them to anyone that wants a hassle free way of managing your property

2. A 5-star review by 'JP' 16/9/2014

, Tom Collier
    De1
    £520

Tom Collier

Fantastic agent, would 100% use them again! I would definitely recommend Northwood Derby without doubt. They were always there when I had any queries and nothing was too much trouble. Everybody was so friendly and always gave me a massive warm welcome whether I called up or visited the shop personally. Prices are very reasonable and when visiting for inspections they were very respectful of personal belongings. Calls were always responded to and queries answered very quickly.

3. A 5-star review by 'D Shelat' 14/9/2014

Nin Rehal, Aaran. S. Ryatt
    B1

Nin RehalAaran. S. Ryatt

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

4. A 5-star review by 'Kelly2302' 14/9/2014

, Carol Collier
    LE67
    £105000

Carol Collier

Northwood were very professional and efficient in making communication. Calls were always responded to and queries answered. Prospective buyers of our property also commented on what a good agent we had in comparison to others that didn't even call them back. I highly recommend Northwood Derby and wouldn't hesitate to selling or letting a property through them again.

5. A 5-star review by 'Darren' 11/9/2014

B67

Narinder Rehal

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

6. A 5-star review by 'GPH' 10/9/2014

B15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

7. A 5-star review by 'Manjeet Singh' 10/9/2014

B4 7
    £97500

Narinder Rehal

I have worked with Northwood Birmingham for 5 years. They helped through the complete process of purchasing, renting and selling my property. I had no void periods during the renting period due to there excellent marketing department. Any
    Property maintenance issues were sorted out promptly. When I decided to sell a number of buyers were lined up almost straight away. I cannot recommend Northwood Birmingham
    High enough. Well done Nin Rehal and the team!

8. A 5-star review by 'Paula' 10/9/2014

B5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My whole experience with Northwood has been nothing but the best. They have always been highly professional, whilst being friendly and easy to deal with. I have every confidence in their fully management service and I can rest assured that everything is being taken care of.

9. A 5-star review by 'Ms pollard' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    Ip1
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I became a tenant with northwood about 4 years. I have had no problems with them! They are very caring and understanding and will go above and beyond to try help you when you need it. It's nice to go into a office full of just ladies and feel comfortable! They are lovely with my children and really make them feel welcome when they come into the office which I appreciate as most agents don't.

10. A 5-star review by 'DT' 8/9/2014

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Duncan Burge
    Se6
    £306325

Duncan Burge

Impressive sales tactics and negotiation skills. Great outcome. Duncan Burge was always contactable. It was a shame though that Stuart told my tenants to move out so early and without my consent.

11. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  09/09/2014

In our experience solicitors demand that the property is vacant before exchange of contracts can take place, and so serving notice to the tenants was essential for a timely completion.

1. A 5-star review by 'From Abroad' 8/9/2014

Branch:
    122 Church St ( ) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    Ewan MacPhee
    SK11
    £167000

Ewan MacPhee

I've been with the Northwoods team now for about 10 years. It was my appointed team to look after my rental property as I live abroad. I've had excellent service, prompt responses to questions and addressed any issues quickly. I also recently appointed the team to sell my property and found me a buyer very quickly. Ewan, and the team also helped with follow-up on the status of the sale as I was not always given an update by my solicitor. I would recommend Ewan and the team at Northwoods to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE FEES ARE FAIR. I\'VE PAID SIMILAR FEES WITH OTHER AGENTS AND NOT RECEIVED THE SAME LEVEL OR QUALITY OF SERVICE”

2. View All Comments (1)by Ewan  09/09/2014

Thank you for your positive feedback it very much appreciated and we are delighted you have found our levels of service to be excellent . Thank you
  3. A 5-star review by 'kat' 7/9/2014

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Suzannah strickland
    wr1

Suzannah strickland

When I came to your office Lauren welcomed me, listened what I am looking for and advised what you can offer me, she was very nice and professional. She arranged a viewing for me, then we met at the property, she was punctual and very good prepared. Then we met again at your office where Suzannah - a very nice and professional lady advised me about the next steps. They both kept me informed about the whole process till we met again in your office to sign the contract, again Lauren was very good prepared and explained everything to me. They both are great assets to Northwood. I would recommend you to all my friends, congratulations.

4. A 5-star review by 'Veronika Pecinova' 6/9/2014

AL1
    £750

Tim Leighton

I've had the pleasure of renting from Northwood UK the St. Albans branch for 2 and a half years, my main point of contact was Tim Leighton which was always ever so helpful and keen to get any issues resolved promptly and very effectively. I've rented through other letting agencies previously but have only had bad experience especially when it came through to customer service. Northowood UK and especially Tim were very different they put my needs first which was refreshing from tenants perspective.

I would strongly recommend Northwood UK to other tenants that are looking for first class customer service as they are a very good letting agency that cares about their tenets and does everything they can to help. I wouldn't move out of the apartment if it wasn't for me moving in with my partner.

5. A 5-star review by 'Tina hodgson' 6/9/2014

Branch:
    21 St John Maddermarket (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Peggy Buxton, Stephen Summerhaze
    Nr78
    £825

Peggy BuxtonStephen Summerhaze

Stephen & Peggy where great at finding us a property that catered for our families needs as we have a disabled daughter who's needs are complex & we needed to have specialist equipment delivered & installed . The move went smoothly & the cross over of properties was easy . The staff are friendly & helpful nothing is too much trouble .

6. A 1-star review by 'Ch1Ch1' 6/9/2014

Branch:
    57 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    BA3
    £700
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood are an extremely devious and fraudulent bunch who will take as much money off you as they can without a second thought to the affects that their greed will have on the people who they are meant to be working with and for. The guaranteed rent scheme that they run is a particularly clever idea as they become the tenant and sub let to you leaving you with very little rights as a renter and with no direct contact with the home owner. So when jobs need doing they can make up stories about the owner not getting back to them when in fact they were never told. They control all communication... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest and played the long game rather than trying to squeeze every penny they could out of both sides”

7. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  09/09/2014

Regarding your comments, Northwood are members of the Property Ombudsmen Scheme and following our 'Complaints Handling Procedure' we would ask that you put your complaint in writing to Northwood. Northwood will respond in writing, and if in your opinion do not give you a satisfactory explanation you can then take your complaint to the 'Property Ombudsmen' who are an independent redress scheme. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
  8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Shirley' 4/9/2014

DE22
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood have looked after our letting for over 3 years. service has been excellent and well worthy of 5 Gold Stars

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'S Aherne' 4/9/2014

AL1
    £1400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were very impressed with Northwood from the outset. Professional, client friendly, very efficient, responsive, diligent. Everything that you would look for in a letting agent. We have gone on to let a number of properties with Northwood since our first dealings and we will not be looking to use anyone else going forward.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sophie Siangolis' 4/9/2014

Branch:
    271 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    BS13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood carry out Tenancy Finds for me then do all the paperwork, they are do efficient, professional and nothing is too much trouble, they are the best Letting Agent I have ever dealt with.

“RELATIVELY CHEAP”

11. View All Comments (1)by Northwood  15/09/2014

Dear Sophie, thank you for your kind comments. We hope to continue letting your properties in the future. Many thanks Northwood
  12. 1

A 5-star review by 'Vicky' 4/9/2014

Branch:
    4 Falcon Street (Ipswich) (Suffolk)
    ip3
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would highly recommend Northwood at Ipswich as they are very professional and offer a first class service. They source tenants and manage my properties and are efficient, competent and keep me regularly up to date with any information that I should know.

13. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jon' 4/9/2014

Al8
    £240000

Tim Leighton

All the staff at Northwoods went out of their way it help us
    We lived 100 miles from the property so we relied on them to find cheap reliable and efficient workmen to carry out repairs.
    Also they were really helpful when it came to the sale and supplying keys etc to the estate agents.
    Jon

1. 1

A 5-star review by 'Brittany' 3/9/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG40
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent was very helpful throughout the renting and closing out processes, and all paperwork was completed quickly. The agent was easy to communicate with and very professional. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to rent in the Wokingham area.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gurbinder' 3/9/2014

de1
    £400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are very pleased with the service that Northwood Derby supply. Since giving our properties to them on a fully managed basis we have been stress free. The team there are excellent and go out of their way to solve any issues with the property that we may have. we have developed a very good relationship and therefore it makes the communication between us very good.

They have never failed to get a property let for us and always find us the right tenant.

3. 1

A 4-star review by 'Lynn Ringer' 3/9/2014

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG25
    £147500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwoods have provided an excellent service when selling my house , they kept us regularly informed on viewings and feedback after the viewing.
    I would recommend them.

4. View All Comments (1)by Beth  03/09/2014

Thanks very much for your feedback Lynn. I'm pleased you were impressed with our service. If there is ever anything we can help with in the future, let us know.
  5. 1

A 5-star review by 'NICK' 3/9/2014

RUTH HATFIELD
    WGC
    £300000

RUTH HATFIELD

Northwood Lettings of St Albans were recommended to me by my brother and I'm very glad he did!
    Their service and manner cannot be faulted.
    There have been some problems with my new property and they have sorted them out fully with no input from me, I've only had to take calls from them informing and keeping me informed of the situation - it could not work better.
    But the main point is the competitive rental is GUARANTEED even if the property is empty for a while and the monthly payments are always received on time.
    I thoroughly recommend you use their services.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Lauren Finney' 3/9/2014

Branch:
    76 Allerton Road (Mossley) (Liverpool) (Merseyside)
    Mark Nesbit
    n15
    £495

Mark Nesbit

My daughter was moving to Liverpool as she had secure a full time position at a school. She required rented accommodation and as we had not rented before we approached the process with a degree of trepidation. We needn't have worried as the staff at Northwood were excellent and very professional from the first veiwing of the property, our visit to the office in Moseley to fill in the application and the final handover of the keys. Thanks to Mark and all the staff.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Dave Watermark' 2/9/2014

Branch:
    129 Havant Road (Drayton) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    Andrew Smith
    Po1
    £900

Andrew Smith

Excellent service for the last 14 years. Would recommend the guaranteed rent scheme. In all the years I rented the house I never missed a months rent and they even sold the property for me.

Thank you Northwood Portsmouth will certainly use your services again

Dave Watermark

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND CLEARLY EXPLAINED . WORTH EVERY PENNY FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE”

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Phil' 1/9/2014

DE24
    £425
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This property is our first tenanted property. We were recommended Northwood by a family freind who is an existing tenant in a property managed/let through Northwood, and they were very impressed by their professional approach. We also looked at other Letting Agents before deciding to proceed through Northwood. They have been extremely helpful in guiding/advising us throughout the process, always keeping us informed of progress. We are very impressed with the service we have received and are confident we made the right choice of company to let our property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I AM HAPPY WITH THE FEES I AM PAYING FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVE.”

9. 2
    people found this

A 5-star review by 'Anna Alton' 1/9/2014

Branch:
    25 Hallgate (Doncaster) (South Yorkshire)
    DN1
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood Doncaster have made my job of being a landlord as easy and stress free as possible. They are helpful consistent and reliable. I have been so impressed that I have already started to recommend them.

10. A 5-star review by 'mark' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    15 Chatsworth Road (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    mike Ablett
    3575
    £900

mike Ablett

Mike was professional in his approach,easy to communicate with and delivered what he said he would do for us.
    We would not hesitate to use Mike and his team again if the situation arose in the future.
    Rgds,
    Mark Eastwood

“NOT NECESSARY,WAS SATISFIED.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Nick Haig' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    Bethan Coe
    RG41

Bethan Coe

I used Northwood to sell and rent my property and on both occasions the customer service, advice and guidance was exceptional. It was a great comfort to know that Bethan was always on hand to answer my enquiries, deal with any anxieties and go above and beyond her remit to help me sell my flat. The level of communication concerning the sell was exemplary and I always got a response within half an hour by email and straight away by phone. Great team, great estate agents and I would highly recommend anyone wanting to sell, rent or buy to use Northwood in Wokingham. 10 out of 10.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ESTATE AGENTS IN WOKINGHAM.”