Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 531 ratings. This website contains 530 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 18)

Page last updated on: 20-Aug-2014 17:03:07

1. A 1-star review by 'JM31' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    53a Western Road (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    BN2
    £895
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I’ve been left with a sour taste in my mouth after dealing with NorthwoodUK in Brighton after they took a holding deposit from me and making promises that the property would be taken from the market, before letting me know four days later that the property had gone to someone else after I had contacted them.

After viewing a property with NorthwoodUK Brighton, we decided to go ahead and pay the holding deposit to secure the property, thus cancelling all our other viewings for that afternoon. After a friendly 20 minutes in the office we left with a receipt for £250, and an agreement from... (read more)

2. A 5-star review by 'Bob Black' 19/8/2014

AB21
    £1100
    Upload a reviwer profile image

At every stage of the process the agnt was efficient, thorough and professional. The initial show round was conducted professionally and everything was explained by the staff prior to taking on the tenancy. The hand over process was very smooth with the inventory check at the property followed by the hand over of keys which took place thereafter at the office. I had two property inspections during my tenancy and each time I was given ample notice so that the visit did not inconvenience me. I reported a leak in the kitchen and this was dealt with promptly with an engineer being sent to identify and fix the problem efficiently. At the end of the tenancy the finanl inspection was carried out instantly and the deposit return was actioned straight away. All in all I was very happy with the service provided by Northwood.

3. A 5-star review by 'Janice Bridgen' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    37 Havelock Road (Hastings) (Hastings) (East Sussex)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    keith Knight
    TN37
    Sold Price
    £265000

keith Knight

The sales and lettings team, led by the diligent Keith Knight, made every effort to keep things running efficiently and smoothly during my house sales, house purchases and subsequent letting thereof. Valiant performance all round from skilled and committed members of Northwood Hastings. Fully recommend them for all services. You won't be disappointed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...TOP QUALITY SERVICE. I HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THE \'GUARANTEED RENTAL INCOME\' WHICH GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Jol' 19/8/2014

Emma Moore
    BS16

Emma Moore

We have just moved in to a 5 bed in Bristol. My whole experience with Northwood has been very positive. Our main point of contact was Emma who was very helpful at all stages and particularly in dealing with 5 tenants with varying needs and negotiating things with the landlord. I felt well supported and there was some flexibility in the process when we needed it. I also liked the clarity of all information from Northwood and Emma going to lengths to make sure we were clear on everything especially when signing the tenancy forms.

This has been a welcome change compared with dealing with two of the other large letting agents in Bristol who seemed to only have their profits in mind.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY WERE A LITTLE LOWER THEN THE MORE EXPENSIVE END OF THE MARKET.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Anne De Ville' 18/8/2014

Sean Brickley
    EX32
    £435

Sean Brickley

After every landlord's nightmare - evicting a tenant for non-payment of rent, which took 7 months, plus legal expenses and then finding my property completely trashed - I was nervous about letting out the flat again and needed a safe situation to do this with any confidence.
    I'd heard about Northwood's rent guarantee for landlords and what this had to offer was ideal for me.
    Sean Brickley was endlessly patient with all my "what-if" questions and helpful with all aspects of Northwood becoming my tenant. A sub-tenant at a good rent was found almost immediately and my year's contract with Northwood is now up-and=running, much to my relief.

6. A 5-star review by 'Dawn Munn' 18/8/2014

Sean Brickley, Margaret Brinkley
    ex32
    £700

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brinkley

I have found Margaret and Sean to be the most helpful and knowledgeable couple at Northwood Barnstaple. They are always pleasant to deal with and on the ball with getting back to you when you need information. I would recommend them to any prospective landlord ..they are professional and go above and beyond their duties for Northwood, it really is a pleasure being looked after by them.

7. A 5-star review by 'Mr T & Mrs D Street' 18/8/2014

Property Management
    Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX38
    £650

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Sean & Margaret Brickley were courteous, professional and very reassuring particularly as this is our first time letting a property. They have been most helpful with general questions, and have always ensured the monthly payment reaches us in a timely manner.
    We would definitely recommend them to other prospective landlords

8. A 5-star review by 'Maureen Iles' 18/8/2014

Katherine Bond
    NN5
    £500

Katherine Bond

I was dealing with Northwood on behalf of my son, who lives abroad. I do not live in Northampton, so it was important that we had an Agent who was (1) local to the area (2) trustworthy (3) totally professional and (4) available when needed.

I found Katherine Bond, at the Northampton branch of Northwood to be all the above - and more! She was polite, courteous, professional and was always available when I had any queries. She was punctual when we made an appointment to visit the property and was very helpful in many ways.

I would also like to mention the rest of the staff in the Northampton office - again, the telephone is always answered quickly, the member of staff dealing with the query or issue has always been very polite and they ring back when they say they will - something which doesn't happen often these days.

Coming from a professional background myself, I know the standards I expected and these have been met and exceeded by Katherine and all the staff in the Northampton office. Gold Star to them all.

9. A 1-star review by 'Jon' 18/8/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    AB11
    £950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After arranging a viewing today and taking the relevant time away from my busy job, I was greeted by an agent who did not have the correct keys for the property. After attempting to get into the property for several minutes, the only option given by the agent was to arrange another viewing of the property on another day, again during work hours. Completely unnaceptable and un-professional. I will be staying clear of these agents in my continuing search.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (1)by Northwood team  19/08/2014

Dear Potential Tenant We are very sorry for the experience that you had. We appreciate that you have taken time out of work to view the property and again we too have bought out time from the diary and arranged access with the current tenants so not gaining access is frustrating all round. As access to the property must be arranged subject to the tenants approval and our agents diary is fully booked re-arranging was the only option available at the time. My maintenance team will now look into the issue with the keys as the correct set was with the agent at the time. Once again we are sorry and appreciate your feedback and will do our utmost to resolve.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Emma WS' 17/8/2014

Katherine Bond, Annette Still
    NN5
    £600

Katherine BondAnnette Still

I rent out a property via Northwood and have been very impressed with their service. They are always very professional and happy to help - makes being a landlady a breeze! Would definitely recommend them.

1. A 1-star review by 'John' 17/8/2014

Branch:
    5 Dean Park Street (Edinburgh) (City of Edinburgh)
    eh6
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

AVOID if you can. Especially if you are tenant. unfair treatment and hidden charges everywhere.

Ignoring all calls and other communication when you need something.

2. A 5-star review by 'Niki' 15/8/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Stuart Attwood
    br3
    £800

Stuart Attwood

I was extremely pleased with the service I received, and Stuart showed remarkable patience and sorted everything with great professionalism and haste as we had a short time to get all the contracts signed before I went off on holiday.

3. A 5-star review by 'K.Martin' 14/8/2014

Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX39

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Right from the start the information we received was accurate and informative. No pressure was put on us to make any decisions and Sean and Margaret always acted professionally and efficiently but with a friendly manner.
    Since they became our agents, any problems have been dealt with efficiently and promptly. Infact we are so reassured by their service that we can just sit back and relax!

4. A 5-star review by 'Steve C' 14/8/2014

BS3
    £1500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwoods have been consistently helpful and friendly in my dealing with them . I have a few properties and have used a number of agents but they are excellent.
    Thanks

5. A 5-star review by 'evetsand@gmail.com' 14/8/2014

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very satisfied customer.
    We have been clients with Northwood Aberdeen for the last five years or so. We have a Gold contract with them which guarantees an agreed payment each month regardless of whether the property is let or not. This is such an attractive proposition, it is the main reason we chose to sign with Northwood.
    We made a great business decision to use Northwood Aberdeen but this was reinforced by the the exceptional service we receive from all the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and is dealt with quickly and efficiently. They make being a landlord as trouble free as possible, so if you are thinking of renting out your property do it with Northwood.
    And you know what - they always ‘phone you back when they say they will - how often does that happen!!

6. A 4-star review by 'atennent' 13/8/2014

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    M16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This was the first time I've ever used an agency (all my previous rentals have been direct through a landlord and have always gone well) and having heard several horror stories I was a little apprehensive. However my experience with Northwood, Warrington was good. Though I don't like the idea of agency fees in general (I think rent prices should incorporate them) and there was some (resolved) confusion over a checkout cost, their fees appear to be considerably less than several other agencies I've come across.

Northwood were quick to respond to most issues that came up during my tenancy, were pleasant to deal with, and returned my deposit in full at the end of the tenancy.

7. A 5-star review by 'Clive Taylor' 12/8/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Dean Walford
    DA1

Dean Walford

We were first time landlords and Northwood were recommended to us by a friend. We dealt with Dean Walford and after weighing up the options we went for their guaranteed rent scheme which completely removed any risk on our part. The service was professional and prompt and we have now signed up for a 3 year guaranteed agreement.

8. A 5-star review by 'Mrs I' 11/8/2014

Nn1
    £1500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using the Northampton branch of Northwood for over 4 years now and I have been extremely happy with the professional service I have had during my time with them. I have been on the scheme where they guarentee my rent to me whatever happens and they have never missed a payment. As soon as there is a maintenance problem they contact me and it is sorted out quickly and with no fuss.

As a landlady I am very happy

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO FEES ON THE GUARENTEED SCHEME”

9. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Burnett' 8/8/2014

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Staff Member
    Nick Harris, first name last name
    GL52
    £950

Nick Harrisfirst name last name

Brilliant service from Northwood Cheltenham. Having used several agencies in the past I have always found service to be very poor until I dealt with Nikki at Northwood. She was extremley professional and friendly along with the rest of the team I met. Inspections were carried out every three months but ample notice was always provided and upon check out a full report was produced with some minor cleaning issues in which we were allowed to go back and attend to. I am happy to say our depoist was returned in full and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to rent.

10. A 5-star review by 'O\'NEIL' 8/8/2014

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    Mike Evans
    CF72

Mike Evans

We have been customer tenants with Northwood Cardiff for nearly 6 years. From the very beginning of our tenancy right to the very end, they have always been very professional and courteous throughout. As an estate agent myself, I must say that they were all absolutely amazing, with special thanks to the Manager, Mike Evans.

We experienced the usual maintenance problems with our property, but, they were always remedied swiftly by Northwood's team of contractors. I cannot recommend this company enough - thank you for the last 6 years !!!

1. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Scott Melvin' 4/8/2014

Steven Mearns
    AB51
    £600

Steven Mearns

I have had an excellent experience from the first phone call with Northwood in Aberdeen. They offered a free no obligation home visit to suit myself as and when i would be in and explained in simple detail what i would need to do to start letting my property. Matt was very helpful and always contactable if required. The company found and leased my property very quickly and limited the disturbance of too many potential tenant visits. They advertised the property professionally and made it look as good as it was with the help of quality photos taken by Steven. The team set up and dealt with all the insurance and certification required to rent a property and were better value than many main stream companies. Overall i would recommend Northwood to anyone wishing to lease or rent a property in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire as they couldn’t have made the process any more hassle free. Very pleased

Comments on the Agents fees

“GOOD VALUE AND WITH GUARANTEED RENT IT COMES WITH PEACE OF MIND”

2. A 5-star review by 'Neil' 30/7/2014

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    CF72
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using Northwood in Cardiff for a number of years to let my property and always found the staff approachable and professional. They make the letting process very straightforward with a very transparent charging structure. I have now used agents in other areas of the country where Northwood don't have a presence and the contrast in the service provided couldn't be more stark increasing my workload considerably. I highly recommend Northwood Cardiff

3. A 5-star review by 'Rachel Morris' 30/7/2014

Branch:
    1b Hoole Road (Chester) (Cheshire)
    Helen Cameron
    CH4
    £550

Helen Cameron

I have rented my property with Northwood Chester for the last 5 years on their Guaranteed Rent Scheme. The scheme has worked so well for me and my husband, the Northwood staff have been so helpful and really care about my property. I would recommend Northwood to anyone else. We also have a house rented with Northwood Wrexham and they are just as good. 10/10 for all the Northwood offices!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE ON THE GUARANTEED RENT SCHEME AND THERE ARE NO FEES AS SUCH. NORTHWOOD GUARANTEE ME £420.00 PER MONTH ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED. THE TENANT THEN PAYS NORTHWOOD £550 PER MONTH SO NORTHWOOD MAKE THERE £130.00 PER MONTH PROFIT FROM THAT. ALTHOUGH ABOUT 18 MONTHS AGO, MY TENANT MISSED 3 RENTAL PAYMENTS BUT I STILL RECEIVED MY £420.00 WHILST NORTHWOOD TOOK THE HIT ON THE RENT AND WENT TO COURT WITH THE TENANT TO RETRIEVE THE OUTSTANDING RENT. ONCE THE TENANT FINALLY LEFT (WITHOUT PAYING BACK ANY OF THE ARREARS) WE HAD A 2 MONTH VACANT PERIOD WHILST WE RE-LET THE PROPERTY, DURING THIS TWO MONTH PERIOD I STILL RECEIVED MY £420.00 REGARDLESS. VERY GOOD SCHEME FOR PEACE OF MIND!”

4. A 5-star review by 'callum cowan' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    ne16
    Sold Price
    £124000

cant fault Northwood sales and lettings Newcastle branch

ive used them them over the years to buy, sell and let out property

staff from the very top down are great to deal with and ive always been over the moon with the advice and service received

always my first port of call to buy/sell or use their landlord services

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE COMPARABLE WITH OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA, HOWEVER NORTHWOOD REPRESENT FAR BETTER VALUE FOR MONEY”

5. A 1-star review by 'Dave' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    62 Church Street (Hove) (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    BN3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely appalling service. Avoid using this agency at all costs. By far the most incompetent agency I have ever dealt with, they take months to action any issue you have with a flat. They dont have any decent contractors/traders when issues go wrong. I had multiple issues with my flat, including security issue that they took 4 months to action. Completely unacceptable. Useless property managers, I had to basically chase / call do everything myself. Staff have no organisational skills between them. Warning all landlords and tenants - avoid using this company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE EXPENSIVE AROUND THE 200POUNDS MARK, WHICH I WOULD EXPECT A FANTASTIC SERVICE TO BE PROVIDED FOR THIS WHICH IT CERTAINLY WAS NOT.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Gill' 26/7/2014

Siobhan Hayes
    BS14
    £750

Siobhan Hayes

The Bedminster branch of Northwood have dealt with letting my house under the Platinum rent guarentee scheme, since July 2012 , relieving me of the previous stress of finding regular paying tenants. Northwood guarentee a monthly rent all year on this scheme even if the property is empty for a few days inbetween lets.
    I cannot praise Siobhan Hayes enough, she's a real asset to the Northwood company.
    She thinks outside the box when dealing with my tenants and my property, rather than constantly contacting me, as other agents have in the past.
    Often, I don't realise that a new tenant has moved in until my neighbour mentions it, as the process runs so smoothly when Siobhan looks after it.
    I'd thoroughly recommend other private landlords to use this company if they'd like to avoid sleepless nights worrying about their unreliable tenants ....from one who knows !

7. A 4-star review by 'Mr B' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    122 Church St ( ) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    SK11
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a tenant with Northwood for 6 months and I had no issues, I found all staff to be helpful with queries I had regarding the property and renting procedure. Would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE REASONABLE & COMPETITIVE”

8. A 1-star review by 'fume' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    so18
    £775
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Unprofessional "*"... Right from the moment I handed over my deposit the women started slagging off tenants. I have not been in my property long but have never had a house up together I'm constantly waiting on jobs that are consistently lied about. They have now lied through their teeth on three separate occasions putting all blame on me to the point where they are now letting contractors in my house when I'm not there with no choice and very little warning, I have now come home today after being away and my back door has been left open over night now obviously I called straight away but yet again this is normal behaviour from them saying its my fault I weren't in last week even though I had no definite day to stay in... I'm sure they think people don't work! But basically they love and argument and are never wrong. From 7 landlords/ estate agents iv never had problems and rudeness like this. Every job that's needed doing has taken 6 months to sort. This company is a joke! Run by monkeys that have no idea what the word communication means

9. A 3-star review by 'Ally' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    33 Albert Square (Dundee) (Dundee City)
    DD2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Northwood overall have been brilliant but their rating has been reduced due to the ending of the agreement prior to moving out :(

To start with they want to start letting people see 2 months before you move out, the potential to cause you a lot of hassles over the last 2 months! However, I understand why. We ensured the house was clean and presentable and continued to do so and they never even told us they had it re rented out? We were still putting off appointments and arrangements and they never even told us they did not need back in! Very annoying indeed, especially when I work offshore... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE HOUSE WAS REASONABLY PRICED. NOT WORTH MUCH MORE DUE TO THE POOR FINISH INSIDE AND STANDARD OF THE BUILD.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Hay' 24/7/2014

Scott Morrison
    AB10
    £700

Scott Morrison

I have found Northwood to be very helpful in all aspects of leasing a property from them compared to my experience with other agencies in the past. If we have ever had any maintenance issue with the flat it has been dealt with as promptly as possible by the excellent staff and we have been kept informed along the way. From the viewing through to signing of the lease and any further contact we've had with them they have always been courteous and professional.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK ALL FEES CHARGED BY LEASING AGENCIES ARE RIDICULOUS. THIS ISN\'T A SLIGHT ON NORTHWOOD.”