Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 916 ratings. This website contains 915 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Page last updated on: 22-May-2015 08:32:34

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 31)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Sarah Elliott, Katherine Price
    Wn6
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price

My experience with Northwood has so far been faultless. I had a very bad experience with a previous management company, who had not looked after my interests as a landlord at all and had not monitored the tenants who caused a lot of damage. My first contact was with Michelle who met me at my property and helped and advised me on how to get my property into a rental condition again. Once it was fit to rent again, Sarah was in constant contact keeping me updated on any prospective clients. Now it has been rented Katherine completes regular inspections and keeps me informed at all times. I have... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    729 Lincoln Road (New England) (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    Colin Chapman, Andrew Brocklebank
    PE2
    £765
    Colin ChapmanAndrew Brocklebank
    Colin ChapmanAndrew Brocklebank

Very impressed with Northwood as a letting agent. From day one they were very efficient and made for a very good middle man between Tennant and Landlord. Having been at the wrong end of a bad letting agent in the past Northwood were a breath of fresh air. Friendly, helpful and keen to work with us to ensure all our deposit was returned. Excellent agent, we couldn't have asked for better. Only space to for 2 members of staff on here, but I would like to also mention Matthew as he was an asset to the branch when we originally applied for the property. A1 Agent HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! :) :) :)

3. 2

Conna Barker, Elaine
    kt7
    £1300
    Conna Barkerno photo
    Conna BarkerElaine

The team at Northwood were fantastic and very nice. They made sure i understood everything and made letting my property, They are very professional, I would highly recommend Northwood to friend and family.

4. 2

Trina Pitt, Conna Barker
    sm1
    £250000
    Trina PittConna Barker
    Trina PittConna Barker

Northwood are a friendly and profession company, i bought thought them with no hassle and have rented with no hassle. Trina knows the area so well witch helped me pick the right property, and Conna and the team manage the property and treat it like there own. Highly recommend Northwood to anyone who looking to buy, sell or rent.

5. 1

sm1
    £175000
    Trina Pitt

My husband and I brought our first buy to let property through Northwood. Trina was extremely helpful and looked after us very well. She made our experience easy and always kept us up to date with our sale. I would use Northwood again and I would recommended to all buy to let investors.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 Hallgate (Doncaster) (South Yorkshire)
    Jodie Fletcher, Liane Hindmarsh
    DN2
    £124950
    no photono photo
    Jodie FletcherLiane Hindmarsh

We've had no problems would consider using them again. Would like sale board taking down though been in a week and have no idea if/when its going

7. 2

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    YO1
    £1000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have let my property through Northwood from late 2010. They have always found excellent tenants who treated the property extremely well, and always ensured prompt payment of rent. I travel a lot, so I paid for a high level of service - dealing with issues as they arose, when they were not able to contact me. This was expensive, but a real boon for someone in my situation. Every time I needed help or advice they were always quick and gave good advice. I would happily use their services again.

8. 1

Branch:
    89 London Street (Reading) (Berkshire)
    No postcode selected.

I have known Brian

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

WN6
    £450
    Katherine Price

Northwood have been very helpful in dealingwith my proberty and any problems that may have occurred. The staff are very helpful and friendly and I would have no hesitation in using them inthe future. I would like to thank Steve, Kath and all the team for the service they have provided over the past 12months.

10. 3

KT7
    £1200
    Bill Sellers

Very professional organisation with extremely helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend Northwood to family and friends and will certainly use them myself again in the future

11. 2

Steve Adams, Katherine Price
    WN1
    Steve AdamsKatherine Price
    Steve AdamsKatherine Price

I reluctantly had to have someone else look after my property portfolio after it becoming to much for my wife to handle due to other priorities in our business having to be dealt with. Northwoods in wigan was recommended to me so i thought that it was worth a try with 1 or 2 properties at first just so i could try them out without commiting to much contractualy . i now have all my portfolio with them du to the fact that they have made it so easy for me to concentrate on other business while they do what there extremely good and professional at doing and far better than i ever was or my wife! The properties are in great hands and i am very confident that there being looked after.
    i have recommended other family members to use them.

12. 1

Branch:
    89 London Street (Reading) (Berkshire)
    Brian "Mitch" Mitchison, Sarah Dobson
    RG1
    £750
    Brian "Mitch" MitchisonSarah Dobson
    Brian "Mitch" MitchisonSarah Dobson

After an initial contract of 6 months, the efficient service by the staff at Northwood made it easy to decide to stay here for an extra 2 months that we were in the region for. The staff were very friendly and quick to respond to any issues that came up during our stay in the property. Very professional service, with good communication if any visits took place.

The only reason why we left the property is due to a new job in another country. Can't rate highly enough for the standard of service provided to us, many thanks!

13. 2

WN6
    £60000
    Nicola Winnard

I would like to thank everyone at Northwood especially Nicola Winnard for the professional way they handled the sale of our property. We were informed regularly about interest and how things were progressing. Excellent service thank you.

“VERY GOOD”

14. 3

Property Management
    Elaine , Bill Sellers
    sm2
    no photoBill Sellers
    Elaine Bill Sellers

Elaine and other members of staff at Northwood Sutton are very professional, friendly and offer excellent customer service. I am very pleased, satisfied with their services and will definitely recommend Northwood Sutton to friends, colleagues and family who need the services of a property/estate management company.

15. 2

Branch:
    621 Church Street (Hove) (Brighton) (Brighton and Hove)
    BN1
    £850
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

All problems or issues with the flat that arose were dealt with quickly and without question.
    Any of the staff that we spoke to were also very nice and helpful. Best letting agent we have used in Brighton.

16. 3

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (East Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    se13
    £260000
    Duncan Burge

Duncan showed us the property without being pushy or indulging in the kind of off-putting hard-sale talk that most estate agents tend to use. There was no hard-sell or unrealistic assessments of the property. After we had an offer accepted, we were allowed to visit again, this was most appreciated. He was helpful getting slow-acting solicitors to communicate with one another and moving the process along. At no point did he put us under any pressure or contribute to our anxiety during this long-winded process. There are many estate agents in London I would not use again, Duncan I would be happy to recommend to anyone and would be approaching them if it ever comes to seeling up. Thanks!

17. 4

Conna Barker, Elaine
    SM2
    £1400
    Conna Barkerno photo
    Conna BarkerElaine

Great personal, friendly service, would highly recommend. Conna and Elaine are both very efficient if there has ever been a query or property problem.

“FAIR”

18. 4

A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Gosia Prazeniak
    Le18
    £498
    Gosia Prazeniak

We are really happy with the way Northwood have managed our property. They have been extremely Professional and have kept as totally informed throughout the whole process. Especially reassuring is their guarantee to hand over your property in the condition you gave it in the first place. Excellent customer service and the guaranteed rent schemeare are bonus. Knowing they will take care of any problems and have done so, gives great peace of mind. I would have no hesitation in recommending them as an agency

19. 2

Katherine Price, Steve Adams
    Wn1
    £300
    Katherine PriceSteve Adams
    Katherine PriceSteve Adams

I have placed 4 properties with Northwood for them to let on their guaranteed scheme. I cannot recommend the staff and their dedication and customer service skills enough.
    I am extremely happy with their level of service, including keeping me up to date with tenants, the condition of my properties and their attention to detail.
    Any concerns or questions I may have are dealt with very quickly, they acknowledge my call/email as soon as office hours are resumed, in some cases they have replied to me out of office hours which not many letting agents would do. I have friends who have also let their properties with Northwood and continue to do so, who are also very happy with their standard of expertise in this field. After using previous letting agents that have been unsatisfactory, I wouldn't consider any other letting agent other than Northwood.

20. 1

Nicola Winnard, Steve Adams
    Wn7
    £325
    Nicola WinnardSteve Adams

I am a landlord who has a property let by Northwood in Wigan - I initially dealt with Nicola and then more recently with Steve. Both have been excellent with both communication and professionalism. I would have no doubts in recommending anyone to Northwood Wigan

21. 3

wn3
    £470
    Steve Adams

Contacted Steve at Northwood along with other letting agents when we decided to rent out our property. We found the options offered and explained to us by Steve as the best on the market. The process(guaranteed rental) was made so easy and has been throughout the agreement term by the team at Northwood. We were initially worried about renting but were thoroughly reassured by Steve and the process has been great. I would and have recommended Northwood to our friends and family.

22. 4

SM1
    Bill Sellers

I have always found Bill and his staff most helpful in all our dealings with this branch.
    They only contact us in an emergency and always ask for our go ahead for repairs etc
    that are always dealt with in an efficient and hassle free way! An ideal situation for us as
    Landlords! Would strongly recommend this branch to anyone who wished to let their
    Properties out in Sutton!

23. 5

Trina Pitt, Bill Sellers
    SM1
    £675
    Trina PittBill Sellers
    Trina PittBill Sellers

Professional team who are always on hand if you have a question.
    Efficiently processed my application from viewing to moving in 3yrs ago.

24. View All Comments (1)by Conna Barker  14/05/2015

Thank you very much!
  25. 3

Steve Adams, Sarah Elliott
    WN34
    £425
    Steve AdamsSarah Elliott
    Steve AdamsSarah Elliott

From initial contact to the start of my rental payments, the process was smooth and professional. I highly recommend guaranteed rent :)

26. 3

Property Management
    Michelle Grindey, Steve Adams
    Wn4
    £575
    Michelle GrindeySteve Adams
    Michelle GrindeySteve Adams

First dealt with Steve when I was a prospect and got a very good first impression and he was very professional, knowledgeable, honest and also proactive in follow up with me despite me not converting into a customer at that time. This experience led me to come back to them a few years later when i was looking to rent my house out due to emigrating. Dealt with Michelle the second time who as also very helpful, professional and knowledgeable. When I came on board I dealt a lot with Sarah and the same level of service and professionalism was experienced. They have helped make things as easy as possible for me given my emigration situation. They also found a Tennent very quickly and paid me on time (guaranteed rental scheme). Early days but would definitely recommend and good first impressions and great start.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GIVEN THE SPEED AT WHICH IT RENTED AND THE SPEED WHICH IT HAS ALWAYS RENTED I THINK WE COULD HAVE GOT £600 FOR IT WHICH I DID RECOMMEND AT THE START. I ACCEPT THERE ARE LARGER PROPERTIES AVAILABLE FOR THIS RENT BUT THE DEMAND FOR THIS LOCATION ALWAYS SEEMS EXTREMELY HIGH WITH PEOPLE WILLING TO PAY A PREMIUM TO LIVE HERE. I ALSO ACCEPT HOWEVER WITH THE GUARANTEED RENT THAT THEY TAKE ON ALL THE RISK OF NOT LETTING IT AND VOID PERIODS SO I ACTUALLY TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEIR CAUTION OF NOT WANTING TO GO ABOVE £575 OR AT LEAST NOT INITIALLY.”

27. 3

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Paolo Nigrelli
    NE4
    Paolo Nigrelli

I found Northwood easy to deal with, excellent for feedback and generally and all round pleasant company to deal with. Also I got a very good result on my sale!

“VERY REASONABLE”

28. 3

Branch:
    5 Fishergate Row, Butler Street (Preston) (Lancashire)
    pr2
    £105000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The staff at Northwood were brilliant they handled my property for me as landlord when I let it, then sold the property when I needed to sell it. Their fees are low and the proffessional helpful manor is second to none. I would fully recommend Northwood as a landlord and for selling property also.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD SELLING AND MARKETING FEES WERE THE LOWEST I COULD FIND”

29. 4

Branch:
    25-26 Silver Street (Lincoln) (Lincolnshire)
    Lesley Tipling
    LN2
    £899
    Lesley Tipling

Northwood is the second estate agent that i have utilised as a tenant, and so far everything has been fantastic!

Compared to the previous Letting Agent that we used, Northwood has been superb, Lesley has answered questions and dealt with minor requests quickly and efficiently, leaving my wife and I very satisfied.

The Land lord to the property we let, can rest easy at night knowing that his property is in very good hands with Northwood!

Thanks again Lesley for everything that you have done for us so far.

30. 3

Nicola Winnard, Michelle Grindey
    Wn3
    £92500
    Nicola WinnardMichelle Grindey
    Nicola WinnardMichelle Grindey

Without any shadow of a doubt I would (and in fact already have) would recommend Northwood in Wigan when selling a property. They did in fact sell two properties for me in 2014. They sold my parents house in July and my own property in September so you will appreciate that I had a lot of contact with them and found them to be excellent in every aspect of my dealings with them. Michelle was my first contact and came along to both properties and explained the selling process to me very thoroughly, She processed the paperwork, took some photographs and a few days later, produced the relevant... (read more)

31. 3

Nicola Winnard, Steve Adams
    wn24
    £98000
    Nicola WinnardSteve Adams

When the discussion to sell our property was made, we approached several estate agents they all gave different quotes and advise ,but when we met Northwood agent Nicola Winard we where very impressed in her manner and how she advised us and gave us a better picture of what was going to happen, she produced a better dossier which we excepted, and this young lady kept in regular contact with updates and information, we therefore give Nicola 10 out of 10 for the way she dealt with our sale and would highly recommend both Northwood and Nicola Winnard to everyone, when talking about our experience with our sale, of 8 Cornwall drive,, Many Thanks to everyone at Northwood .
    Regards Don & Agnes Bowker

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WHERE EXPLAINED AT THE BEGINNING AND WHERE EXEPTED.”