Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 984 ratings. This website contains 983 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Page last updated on: 30-Jun-2015 09:40:25

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 33)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    Cathy Connor
    Wa2
    £600
    Cathy Connor

Huge thanks to The Northwood team at the Warrington branch, particularly Cathy! We had been renting with Northwood for a year and I cannot fault the service provided to us as tenants throughout our tenancy, both in terms of checking in, inspections, their general communication and when fixing a problem. However their care and service became even more apparent and even more outstanding when we needed to find another property quickly, Cathy was amazing in choosing properties for us to view, she really had a good understanding of who we were, our personalities and what we needed from a house and she was very patient with us when they weren't the right ones. Finally she found us a beautiful house that we can really call home and a set of fantastic landlords which has really made a difference and the whole moving process a lot less stressful than it could have been. We really cannot fault the team as a whole and wouldn't hesitate in returning to them should we need to. :)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Melanie Howorth, kamila Litchota
    £410
    Melanie Howorthkamila Litchota

I used Northwoods because of the guaranteed rent scheme, and so far they have not disappointed.
    Melanie and Kamila are lovely to deal with and both are efficient at sorting issues out. Their fully managed service is exactly that! I get monthly statements and everything is fully itemised and documented. Would use them again without doubt.

3. 1

Melanie Howorth, Melanie Unknown
    dn6
    £450
    Melanie HoworthMelanie Unknown

Northwood Doncaster had my property listed on the major property websites, gas safety certificate done and installed tenants within a month. I dealt with Melanie and Beth, they were friendly, helpful and quick to sort out any issues that arose. I will be using their tenant finder service again.

4. 1

Jodie Fletcher
    Jodie Fletcher

We have been using Northwood's guaranteed rent scheme for over 5 years now, and would highly recommend both the scheme and the Doncaster branch we use. We are paid regularly, receive monthly statements and are kept fully up to date with any issues that arise. Its worth also mentioning that when issues do arise, they are dealt with by the team at the branch quickly, without fuss and they will deal with any tradesmen on our behalf.
    I cannot recommend them highly enough - if you need a reliable, professional team, then these are the ones for you. Perhaps the fact that we have to speak with them so rarely is the best indicator of how good they are!!

5. 2

Branch:
    207-211 Rosemount Place (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have seen two properties from this company and have high regard for their professionalism and ethical standards. Moreover their properties looks exactly or better than the photos (This means that they do not oversell which is very ethical.
    Secondly their staff not only give immediate response but try to solve your problem (I had an issue with the entry date and this was solved the very next morning)
    Moreover, their paperwork/decision making is incredibly fast.
    I will certainly recommend this comnany.

View All Comments (1)by Matt Pullinger  25/06/2015

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or constructive" is very welcome.
  6. 1

A 2 -star review by ''

Kieron
    SO19
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Kieron

I have never written a review before but I thought that this needed saying. I am a current tenant within the SO19 area but not for much longer. We are moving out for two reasons. One reason is that we live in a 1 bed flat and are in need of a two bed. The other reason is more important to this review. We have been living here for a year and 3/4's and within a few weeks of moving in mould began to develop in our front room after a few wet days. We contacted Northwood with regards to this and they made out that they wasn't aware of this and reassured us that they would try to get this sorted.... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Sort out problems with some urgency.”

7. View All Comments (1)by The Manager  29/06/2015

Thank you for the review and we are terribly sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with Northwood to the point that you are warning others away from renting through us. I genuinely feel that you have suffered with the ongoing problem at the flat and I don't think this should have been the case at all. I understand that it is hard for tenants as they don't see the work that is carried out behind the scenes, but if you could only have known how often we were on the phone to the council chasing up the works then you may have felt we had done more. This is not the first flat we have had an... (read more)
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Jodie Fletcher, Melanie Howorth
    S63
    £475
    Jodie FletcherMelanie Howorth

Northwoods have always been really good to work with, had the guaranteed rental and then just rent collection and both services handled really well with no hassle for us. Once or twice had to call up to chase rent payment when date falla later than expected however staff sort it out asap.

Really good service

Comments on the Agents fees

“WOULD LIKE FEEDBACK ABOUT RENT INCREASES,”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

Ellen Elworthy, kamila Litchota
    dn2
    Ellen Elworthykamila Litchota

Well presented and cheerful staff who were very helpful. Fully explained our options and walked us through costings and procedures for our first time renting. House was well presented in photo's and had a tenant within a week of advertising.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALL THOUGH WE CHOOSE TO GO FULLY MANAGED FOR OUR FIRST TIME RENTING, I DON'T THINK I WOULD DO SO AGAIN. WE ARE LOOSING TOO MUCH MONEY THOUGH THE FIXED FEE, THE HOUSE WAS ADVERTISED SLIGHTLY HIGHER THEN WE WERE TOLD IT WOULD BE (SO AGENT IS MAKING MORE THERE) AND WE ARE STILL CONTACTED FREQUENTLY TO SORT OUT EVERY LITTLE ISSUE THAT OCCURS - THIS IS NOT WHAT I WOULD EXPECT FROM THE FEE WE PAY. I BELIEVE "MANAGED" WOULD OF BEEN FAR BETTER RATHER THEN THE PROTECTED RENT OPTION. - SOME INFO ON HOW QUICK A TENANT WAS LIKLEY TO BE FOUND/ OTHER SIMILAR PROPERTIES IN THE AREA WOULD OF HELPED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

kamila Litchota, Melanie Howorth
    dn3
    kamila LitchotaMelanie Howorth

We have been a customer of the guaranteed rent scheme for just over 2 years and very happy with the service we receive. We have regular monthly statements which detail any replairs we have agreed, checks with photos are sent to us detailing any issues with the property, and they have also saved us money in the past by advising us the contractor we appointed was over charging us compared tho their approved ones. The only gripe is that due to our jobs we cannot always be available during office hours on the phone. Northwood have made requests via email which we check everyday however response times via this method can take them a couple of weeks to return. Apart from that minor issue very happy with the tennant selection, work carried out and the safety knowing our property is being looked after.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 3 -star review by ''

Melanie Howorth, Angela Mascarenhas
    DN2
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Melanie HoworthAngela Mascarenhas

Do not deal with complaints in a manner that I expect, i.e. not very willing to confirm anything in writing, do not enforce articles in the tenancy agreements. Overall poor service for a costly guarantee rental agreement,

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAYING TO MUCH FOR A POOR SERVICE”

12. 1

Branch:
    55-57 Mesnes Street (Wigan) (Greater Manchester)
    Katherine Price, Michelle Grindey
    wn3
    £300
    Katherine PriceMichelle Grindey
    Katherine PriceMichelle Grindey

had my properties with northwood for years, always kept you up to date with the goings on at your property, any repairs dealt with smoothly, will use northwood again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PRE ARRANGE FEES FROM THERE GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE OPTIONS. I CHOSE WHAT SUITED ME BEST. A GUARANTEED INCOME EVERY MONTH.”

13. 1

Branch:
    I - Land Building, 70 Bromsgrove Street (Southside) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Aaran Ryatt, Sophia Hewston
    B5
    £700
    Aaran RyattSophia Hewston
    Aaran RyattSophia Hewston

I was a tenant with Northwood lettings for 6 months and I am pleased and extremely happy with services provided. People works here are very professional and friendly too. Properties are managed well and always on-time response in case any queries or issues. I will not hesitate to recommend Northwood lettings for anyone who want have hassle-free tenancy!!!

14. 1

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nikki Ponsford, Karen Green
    Gl1
    £570
    Nikki PonsfordKaren Green

Everyone at Northwood who I dealt with, if it was over the phone or going to the agents themselves they were always extremely helpful in all my needs. When I left Northwood it was due to my family growing and needed a bigger property they helped as much they possibly could, after being over charged for the carpets being cleaned and being completed ripped off, Northwood helped save as much of my deposit as possible by havingthe carpets cleaned as cheaply as possible and keeping me informed all the way.

15. 2

£425
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic help from the staff at Northwood, I relocated from up north for work and had no knowledge of the area. They helped me find a fantastic flat, gave me so much help and shared their local knowledge with me.

16. 1

Branch:
    11 Victoria Road (Romford) (Greater London)
    Brian last name, Sharon Toulson
    RM5
    £1000
    Brian last nameSharon Toulson

Great personal service, I use the Guaranteed rent scheme that suits me very well it's no hassle and no grief from tenants, the rent arrives on the same day every month. They are always helpful and always get things done.

I have and will continue to recommend this branch to my friends and colleagues,

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK IT PAYS TO PAY THAT LITTLE EXTRA TO AVOID SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.”

17. 1

mandy , Kieran
    So19
    £875
    mandy Kieran

Professional team, very good comunicațion, happy friendly staff
    I do recomand Northwood Southampton they are polite, hard working and always in touch with customers
    Thanks

18. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Buyer)
    PE2
    £107000
    Colin Chapman

He kept all parties informed as the transaction progressed. Completion day was a breezed. He is pro-active about new properties coming to market.

The overall was experience was smooth and hassle free.

19. 1

Colin Chapman, Christopher Brocklebank
    PE2
    £155000
    Colin ChapmanChristopher Brocklebank

As a tenant for two years, I have found Northwood to be excellent in every aspect. They are the first company I have dealt with that provide a feeling of a family run business. They always look to find solutions, to help, and put their tenants first. They also helped me to purchase my property when the time arose. An all round pleasant service, with all the help and support needed.

I have rented with several agents in the past, but by far and away Northwood get my vote. Highly recommended.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NORTHWOOD'S FEES WERE EXTREMELY REASONABLE COMPARED WITH OTHER AGENTS.”

20. 1

sandra colthart
    so45
    £925
    sandra colthart

I have been a tenant with northwoods for over two years I have always found the staff very friendly and helpful with all enquiries and issues, My main contact is Sandra with my maintenance issues ive always found this staff member helpful and professional with all my problems and wanted to let you guys know how much I value Sandra and all your staff whenever I have the need to contact them.

21. 1

Branch:
    353 Wellingborough Road (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    nn5
    £450
    Nicole Tonna

Friendly and welcoming :) have always been helpful with any questions or queries. Will recommend to any friend or family member who require a property.

22. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

DG 1
    £525
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Thank you for looking after our son's property over the last two years. We appreciate the regular inspections and being informed of the outcome. We would recommend Northwood to anyone proposing to let their property.

23. 1

Branch:
    43 Milngavie Road (Bearsden) (Glasgow) (East Dunbartonshire)
    Gl2
    £600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood manage our flat, they really care about it. It is on their guaranteed scheme really happy with the service.

24. 2

CA8
    £595
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood were pro-active and very efficient in assessing my property, recommending the level of rent, finding a tenant and ensuring that the property was up to standard. Way better than my previous agents in all respects.
    I highly recommend Northwood.

25. 1

CA8
    £490
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to say that Northwood have been amazing to us and have helped us a lot. We have had a lot of worry over the years with the landlady but all of the staff at Northwood have really helped.

26. 1

Nicki , mandy
    SO53
    £1150
    Nicki mandy

I unexpectedly had to let my house in the UK whilst I was in Australia. My son had used Northwood in Southampton for the letting of his property and had highly recommended them, so they were my first choice. They were prompt, professional, polite and positively brilliant in getting things organised, and within a few weeks my house was let and I am headache-free ! They deal with any problems at the house, any maintenance issues and they deal directly with the tenants. 10 out of 10 !!

27. View All Comments (1)by The Manager  18/06/2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. Northwoods are always aiming to provide the best possible customer service and we are delighted that you have had a head-ache free experience in letting your property.
  28. 1

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Colin Chapman, Christopher Brocklebank
    PE 2
    £155000
    Colin ChapmanChristopher Brocklebank

Since early 2013 till last week the Property was Rented in an efficient manner.
    The property was listed for Sale, the sale went through in a Professional and responsible fashion.
    I at all times was treated with respect and kept in touch with the process.

Their advice and liaison between myself and the purchaser of the property could not be faulted.
    It has been a pleasure to do business with Northwood and their courteous Staff.

Richard Gibbons

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY WERE VERY REASONABLE.”

29. 1

Branch:
    67 Micklegate (York) (Yorkshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Amy Cranfield
    YO26
    £165000
    Amy Cranfield

I would highly recommend Northwood, in particular Amy Cranfield who went above and beyond to ensure the very highest possible customer service. During the purchase of Amy kept in regular contact often after usual office hours. Amy acted an outstanding third party hurrying both solicitors on to achieve the smoothest possible purchase for all parties. Thank you Amy, I would certainly use your services in the future.

30. 1

B5 6
    £650
    Aaran Ryatt

Renting through Northwood Birmingham for 1 year 4 months, I can say from my personal experience that when I needed something, they were always helpful and effective. I would recommend them and I might look for them when I become a landlord as they do take care of the properties as properties should be taken care of.

“-”

31. 1

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    Cathy Connor, beth
    WA5
    £695
    Cathy Connorbeth

The service that I received was excellent and the staff went out of their way to help me as much as they could in order for me to get the property in a rentable condition after the last tenant.
    They gave me great confidence and re-assurance that leaving the property in their capable hands was a wise decision.
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for the excellent service I received.

32. 1

mandy , Kieran
    So16
    £895
    mandy Kieran

I found all the staff very friendly and helpful. Mandy kept me updated and made me feel comfortable. Kieran was friendly whilst showing me the property.