Browse agents by letter
';

Northwood

Agent rating: 3.9 out of 5.0 based on 428 ratings. This website contains 427 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 15)

Page last updated on: 20-Apr-2014 21:35:10

1. A 1-star review by 'Charlie' 18/4/2014

144 Hills Rd
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    PE28
    Would you use the agent again? No

Extremely disappointed with the service I received by this company.
    I booked a viewing on a house and the actually viewing was 'ok'
    The property had a issue with damp and I asked about this to which the member of staff dealing with me informed me that the owner had dealt with this and had replaced the guttering.
    Once outside I realised the guttering did in fact not reach to the area which was suffering the damp
    Even so if the landlord was prepared to deal with the damp I was happy. The estate agent showing me round said he would get hold of the landlord and ask him and let me know straight away! I never did hear back from him and a few days later I emailed and got a reply - house has gone!!! Well thank you for getting back to me about the damp and thanks for letting me know it had gone!
    Will never use again and never recommend!

2. A 1-star review by 'Annabel Loerd' 16/4/2014

122 Church St
    SK11
    Would you use the agent again? No

Signed a contract for 12 months ended up staying 5 as they offered me a deed of surrender. For a start no-one offers a deed of surrender unless they are in the wrong. The house was covered in mold and it has silverfish swimming on the bathroom carpet, We alerted northwood several times over the 5 months for them to do absolutely NOTHING. Clothes were ruined they started growing mold on them. I was hung up on by a rude member of staff who claimed they were a manager. There is nothing professional about northwood. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Reported the property to enviromental health and northwood to the property ombudsman.
    Since moving in the property we had a broken door lock, leak under the sink, silverfish, mold, broken fridge which we had to pay for then they reimbursed the money after i reminded them

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“corrected all the problems within the house”

3. A 5-star review by 'Dixon' 16/4/2014

676 West Road
    Paulo
    NE5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the very first telephone conversation I had with Paulo I was confident that this was the agent that would sell my house. Paulo showed great enthusiasm for my property and spent time on the photographs and description of my property which resulted in a very pleasing brochure. Paulo was on hand every step of the way, giving me feedback and even giving me help and advice on the purchase of my new property. Nothing was ever too much trouble for him and he more than exceeded my expectations of a sales agent. The staff in the office were always helpful when I needed to ring and I always received a call back if needed. Overall, I would highly recommend Northwood and Paulo for the sale of your property.

4. A 5-star review by 'M. Still' 14/4/2014

Helen Atkinson, Denis Gleeson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fabulous service all the way through our (almost) three year tenancy. Always contactable, efficient at dealing with issues and very helpful with pre-checkouts. I have dealt with a lot of estate agents and hands down Northwood have been the best.

5. A 4-star review by 'TL' 10/4/2014

Lauren Allcoat, Jonathon Edwards
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were tenants of Northwood for about 5 years and found them a very professional letting agency. Our experience with them was very positive; we never gave them anything to complain about and vice-versa.

6. A 1-star review by 'Haz' 10/4/2014

122 Church St
    SK9
    Would you use the agent again? No

Unfortunately not a good experience,when i see the flat they told me you can get the flat in a week but when i sorted everything and want to move then they said tenant is still there you have to wait. v bad.

Also they keep sending someone for inspection, and once yo give them notice, they will keep calling you to come to your flat to show to new tenants . they even speak v harshly.very disappointed with letting agent.

7. A 5-star review by 'Wayne Betchley' 9/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood Wokingham have been the best letting agents i have ever rented through.
    All the staff are very polite and helpful, they sorted any problems very quickly and kept me informed of the progress throughout.
    My checkout was handled very quickly and smoothly and I received the money much quicker than I ever expected.

I would recommend them to anyone considering renting.

8. A 2-star review by 'TMG' 9/4/2014

11 Victoria Road
    Brian last name
    RM3
    Would you use the agent again? No

I arranged to let my house through Northwood as they advertise guaranteed rent. I hadnt decided if I would let for a further year or sell or move back in. I didnt have a job to go to and the guaranteed rent was vital. For this privalege, Northwood retained £200 pm from rental income. On their website they advertise the following;-

1. If the property is vacant or the tenant fails to pay the rent, you still get paid. You will know exactly what will arrive in your bank account each month for the duration of the contract.
    2.There are no charges for setting the contract up, no tenant... (read more)

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“All the facts should have been made clear from the start. Landlords should be made aware of the procedures taken once you decide to give notice that you will not be renewing. They should also wait until the essential 2 months notice period before issuing \'Section 21\', or at least advise the landlord of their intentions and let you decide if you wish them to issue it immediately or wait.”

9. A 1-star review by 'paul white' 8/4/2014

271 North Street Bedminster
    BS4
    Would you use the agent again? No

This is a warning to any landlord who want to let their property with Northwood 271 North Street Bristol BS3 1JN .I signed over my property to Northwood in A1 condition on 11/2/2013 my experience with them was good until things went very bad.

Northwood informed me of a problem at the property with a leak coming from the roof and I agreed for their contractor to carry out an assessment of the works required to remedy this.

But to my Horror when I got the report from their contractor it said, I quote "Note- This is the worst case of moisture I have seen, taking into account the roof... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (3)by mj  08/04/2014

Hi Paul, I have been a tenant with Northwood, very bad!!. i am hopefully going to the small claims court. We are looking at getting a case together, but are looking other people, want to get peoples details!! lots of examples of how bad they are, then maybe contact one of the watch dog teams!!
  11. A 4-star review by 'TL' 7/4/2014

1. A 5-star review by 'Sam Beardsley' 4/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had been renting through Northwood Worcester for the best part of 7 years in 2 different properties.
    Right from the start they have been really helpful and do their upmost to keep you a satisfied customer.
    When moving into the second property they were very willing for us to make the house a home, not something many other letting agents would be so keen on!
    The whole office are nice friendly people and had no issues talking to any of them.
    I would have no problem using them again in the future.

2. A 1-star review by 'Steve' 29/3/2014

25 Hallgate
    DN8
    Would you use the agent again? No

Slow to deal with repairs. Do not deal with complaints. Allow Anti social behaviour in properties that disturb other tenants. Do not enforce articles in their tenancy agreements. Overall poor service at all levels of the company.

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“Sorted out issues and followed up on complaints.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Mr Lee Mallinson and Mr Luke Grundy' 25/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have been with Northwood Worcester for around 8 months now. The whole team (particularly Lauren) have been absolutely brilliant. Having previously dealt with letting agents from all over the country as a landlord and as a tenant I have found Northwood to be far superior in every respect. From our first appointment, Lauren was extremely professional, positive and knowledgeable but genuinely helpful and friendly. She handled everything with such confidence and made our transition from looking for a property to renting one as smooth and as stress free as possible. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment in recommending Northwood Worcester for their services and many thanks to Lauren for providing a truly exceptional service.

4. A 5-star review by 'Kellie Fieldhouse' 19/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I needed to move fast! Lauren and The Team @ Northwood were really helpful from start to finish and did everything so quickly. Thanks for all your help Lauren!

5. A 1-star review by 'Pete' 18/3/2014

43-45 Cross Street
    M32
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was very disappointed with this agent's performance overall, they vastly inflated the sales price of this property in question, there was a £20K difference between what they valued the property at to the actual final sales price. Their fee was not flexible either as the competition came in lower. I would never ever deal with them again. I have absolutely not faith at all in money grabbing agents that think of themselves rather than their customer - the seller!!

What could Northwood do to change your mind??

“agree to price match and value the property at a more realistic rate, there was no way the valuation was correct.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (1)by Daniel HArris  25/03/2014

I am very sorry that you feel this was way and want to assure you that when valuing a property we do not seek to over value but the value we give is a reflection of the higher prices we have achieved for our clients over and above our competitors. In fact if you look at the review left below from a Mr Paul Foster you can see from his review that he was and is very happy and in fact we achieved above the asking price for his property and an asking price that was more than our competitors valued the house for. In the interests of being open and honest this property was 25 Oak Rd, Hale and we achieved £15,000 above the asking price and so you never know but we may just have been able to do the same for you. In terms of fees our prices are in line with our competitors but would welcome a discussion with regard to what you had been quoted. Yours Faithfully Daniel Harris Manager of the South Manchester Branch
  7. A 5-star review by 'S. Sutton' 18/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The staff was always very helpful and efficient. Always prompt to answer emails and enquiries.
    We are very happy with the service provided.

8. A 5-star review by 'Neville Hobson' 14/3/2014

Helen Atkinson, Bethan Coe
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Most of my dealings with Northwood Wokingham have been with Helen and Bethan. Both are great ambassadors for their company: helpful, friendly, positive and professional. The occasional times I've requested help for a repair, action has been swift and I always feel reassured that they will get things done. A nice company, nice people to deal with.

9. A 5-star review by 'Anna W' 14/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have been with Northwood for just over 3 years. The whole team there are very efficient and helpful. They manage our property for us and we have found their service to be excellent. Any issues with the property have been dealt with very quickly, and the workmen/companies they have found to sort them out have also been very good and reasonably priced!

10. A 2-star review by 'oddbox' 13/3/2014

7/9 Warwick Road
    CA2
    Would you use the agent again? No

3 months ago when I reported an overflowing drainpipe it was just that. I have asked various times in the meantime of any news regarding a repair and have just been told each time it was in hand. 3 months later with still nothing done, two or three rooms now have penetrating damp damage and the mortar is being washed out of the exterior brickwork. Way to go, turn a simple, inexpensive job into one that'll cost hundreds if not thousands to fix. I refuse to pay for any of it, even a tin of paint after this fiasco. I feel sorry for the property owner who's going to have to pay for Northwood's incompetence.

11. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 10/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have been renting with Northwoods, Worcester for about 4 years and are very satisfied with the service. The staff are friendly and helpful and the moving process is smooth and hassle free. The fees are fairly reasonable compared to some other agents and we would definitely recommend them to friends.

1. A 5-star review by 'Su' 10/3/2014

WR(
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We used this agent in August 2012 to rent a property, and checked out of the letting in September 2013 when we moved out of the area. I really liked Northwood. Having used a number of letting agents in the past for rental properties, I found them to be friendly, and practical. The viewing was straightforward, and the agent was helpful in showing us around the property. Problems in the property during our term were dealt with promptly, which was an achievement considering the Landlord was based abroad. Also the check out was handled well and professionally for a difficult to rent property which was fully furnished to the ultimate level!

2. A 5-star review by 'James' 10/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had a very tight turnaround to move into this property, Lauren was very accommodating in assisting us get into the property as quickly as we could.

Lauren managed to get us 2 viewings within a day of each other, to ensure we could secure the property. Lauren also ensured all paperwork was dealt with quickly and efficiently and references were carried out immediately.

Would recommend Northwood to any prospective tenants.

3. A 3-star review by 'Federico' 10/3/2014

Lauren Allcoat, Denise Bradley
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I think the service wa in the average. First of all, I rented a furnished flat but I had to buy a bed and a dining table. I mean, furnished means furnished.. Bed and dining table are basic requirements to define a flat as furnished.. I knew what I was going to rent but I needed something urgent so it was fine.
    I requested a change of the sofa from the landlord and it has been done without paying any fee. I have a complain to do regarding the old sofa that was not collected and it is still in the property. In my opinion it would have been basilar to deliver the new one and take away the old one, especially in a one bedroom flat which is small..
    The few times I've asked help for small problems the response has been prompt and a technician has been immediately sent out; I'm very happy about.
    I asked to move out couple of weeks earlier than the deadline and the agency helped me asking the new tenants if they were interested to move in earlier. They accepted so I was able to save two weeks rent. That was really kind and helpful from the agency team.

4. A 5-star review by 'Laura Allen' 7/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Lauren was very friendly and helpful with helping us find a property. When problems regarding applications or anything we didn't understand arose, she always emailed straight back to answer any queries that we had. When we couldn't pass the application Lauren was there to discuss other options and help us proceed further, resulting in our letting of the property.
    I would recommend using northwood and will definately be using it in the future.

5. A 1-star review by 'tenant_1235813' 5/3/2014

5 Dean Park Street
    kirsty
    EH5
    Would you use the agent again? No

If you're a tenant, my advice is to avoid Northwood. I could literally write a book on how bad my experience was, but I will summarise the negative points:

1. Right from the start, they couldn't wait to get tier hands on my money, the rent for the flat was around £700 but the total deposit required came close to £2000, this is before I have even been given the keys!
    2. The flat was furnished, so naturally we insured items that belonged to us, with the assumption that the landlord was smart enough to have depreciation and insurance on their contents and the building. So, you would... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (1)by tenant_1235813  06/03/2014

I declare the statements I previously made above invalid. The Former Tenant tenant_1235813
  7. A 5-star review by 'DB' 3/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Consistently good professional service finding the balance between landlord and tenant in an open and honest manner. Always follows up on reviews and finding resolutions to issues allowing myself as landlord to get on with other things within a busy lifestyle. Trusting them to manage with care and honesty my property and would recommend the service they provide to any existing or new landlord/tenant wishing to consider these services.

8. A 5-star review by 'Derek' 3/3/2014

15 - 17 West
    Emma
    L11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have to say northwood were great selling my house , they gave lots of feed back after and before viewings ,a girl called Emma who sold our house was just amazing in all aspects of her job , in difficult situations she remained calm and very professional , would recommend northwood highly

9. A 5-star review by 'Mr.V Forsyth' 28/2/2014

Denis Gleeson, Helen Atkinson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Rent payments made accurately and on schedule.

Quarterly inspections done and reported, with good tenant relations..

Reminders sent re landlord's legal requirements e.g.PAT.-Portable Appliance Testing.

10. A 5-star review by 'james_lane87' 28/2/2014

WR12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My wife and I have been very happy with the service provided by Northwood. They have been excellent landlords and were always happy to help if we had any problems and if there were any problems they always followed it up to ensure that we were ok.

11. A 5-star review by 'Linda Tranter' 27/2/2014

No Branch Selected
    GU45
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood Wokingham have handled 2 rental properties for me for over 7 years. I am on the Platinum scheme. They have always provided a very thorough and professional service and have kept me up to date with maintenance issues at the property. When maintenance or repairs are required they organise quotes and oversee the work being carried out with minimal fuss. I have always been delighted with the service they have offered to me as a landlord.