Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 628 ratings. This website contains 627 user reviews of Northwood.

Offices / Branches

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Northwood has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 21)

Page last updated on: 22-Oct-2014 16:26:27

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'D Shelat' 14/9/2014

Nin Rehal, Aaran Ryatt
    B1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nin and his fine team at Northwood are professionals of the highest calibre, with provision of customer service second to none! We are happy customers of Northwood and are very pleased to have chosen the company at the beginning of the letting cycle.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'GPH' 10/9/2014

B15
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good letting experience. Friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything out in a timely manner and no nasty charges I was not made aware of.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Darren' 11/9/2014

Nin Rehal
    B67
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service and wonderful staff, they went above and beyond our expectation to made the whole experience as pleasurable as possible. Would highly recommend them to anyone relocating to or within the Birmingham area.

Kind Regards
    Darren

4. A 5-star review by 'aWrongun' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    721 Christchurch Road Boscombe (Boscombe) (Bournemouth) (Hampshire)
    Rachel Lewis
    bh4
    £750

Rachel Lewis

I sought to use Northwood on the guaranteed rental scheme for 12 months as I found myself being an accidental landlord and couldnt sell my flat. The service offered by NW pays a monthly fee (obviously a degree below the rental value) every month regardless of whether there are tenants in or not.
    I made it clear to Rachel Lewis at Northwood that any tenants coming into the property would have to have a well honed set of behavioural skills as I had sought special consent to sub-let from the residents committee who only allowed me to have tenants on the condition there were no complaints... (read more)

5. A 5-star review by 'Chris McGill' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    SE3
    £435000

Duncan Burge

Duncan was a great help in selling my property. He was very flexible with viewing times and was easily contactable throughout the process. He actively chased the solicitors on both sides and kept me appraised of all progress.

6. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  22/10/2014

I'm glad the sale went so well and we were able to achieve over the asking price for you.
  7. A 5-star review by 'Bill Treegllas' 21/10/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    Sean Brickley, Margaret Brickley
    EX31
    £495

Sean BrickleyMargaret Brickley

Margaret and Sean have been 1st rate to deal with in finding me tenants for the flat. It was great to have them find good tenants and to do all the credit checks etc. And the inventory was the best I have ever seen, I don't think they missed a thing, which will be great evidence when these tenants move out!
    Thanks both for your great service, I will be back!
    Bill Tregellas

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS THE SAME AS I WAS GETTING FROM MY LAST TENANT”

8. A 4-star review by 'NA' 20/10/2014

Branch:
    3 Frances Street (Truro) (Cornwall)
    TR19
    £795
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Renting has changed a whole lot since I was previously a tenant about 15 years ago, and I was shocked by the number of hoops it is necessary to jump through in order to secure a tenancy these days - however, I'm assured by renting friends that this is the norm!

My personal experience of Northwood in Truro is that their agents are both polite and helpful insofar as they can be - obviously,they have to work within certain confines, but whenever I had a query they were quick to get back to me and generally settled issues to our satisfaction. My only gripe would be the cleanliness of the... (read more)

9. A 5-star review by 'B Pengilly' 20/10/2014

Branch:
    102 Boutport Street (Barnstaple) (Devon)
    Sean Brickley
    EX31

Sean Brickley

This is the first time I have used Northwood, having previously used the services of 2 other agents in the 18 years I have been letting property.
    The service and communication from them has been first class and by far exceeded my already high expectations.
    Sean and the team have been a delight to deal with, making my tenant change over pain free for me. I will most definitely use Sean and the Northwood team again and would highly recommend their services to any prospective customer.

10. A 5-star review by 'rf1' 17/10/2014

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    se3
    £435000

Duncan Burge

Excellent service. Good communication throughout process helping to with chase solicitors on vendor side. Flexible in allowing multiple viewings of property once offer accepted. Highly recommended.

11. View All Comments (1)by Duncan  20/10/2014

Progression is a fundamental part of the service we provide to vendors, and vital to ensuring that a sale proceeds smoothly to exchange and completion as quickly as possible.
  12. A 5-star review by 'Hannah' 17/10/2014

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    Le8
    £725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very thorough and informative, everything was explained to us in lots of detail, to both me and my partner, very friendly also

13. A 5-star review by 'Caroline Barry' 17/10/2014

BS3

Siobhan Hayes

Northwood have let our property in Bedminster for over 18 months and the service we have received from them has always been excellent. The attention to detail is great and I feel confident that everything is taken of care of for me.

When there are any problems with the property, I have notified quickly and the situation was resolved swiftly.

We are paid on time and have never had to query deductions for work carried out as we are always notified in advance. We now have very little to do with the property and the money just turns up in our account each month.

14. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  17/10/2014

Hello Caroline, thank you for your review. I am glad you are enjoying the benefits of our Guaranteed Rent service. Kind regards, Siobhan.
  15. A 5-star review by 'Jake mcbride' 16/10/2014

Danielle Bradbury
    Ba14
    £460

Danielle Bradbury

I've been in a property letter by northwood Warminster for around a month now, they have been more than helpful finding me the property and helping me in every way. The tenancy is a great deal and a great spot. I had a few issues with some soft furnishings that the previous tenant had damaged and even though it wasn't the estate agents fault they were very appolagetic and had the problem sorted in mere hours, I would highly recommend using northwood. I've mainly dealt with a lady called Danielle Bradbury, she is singularly the most proficient agent I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She is quick to sort any minor defaults for me and should definatly be recognised for it. Taking nothing away from the rest of the team either, they've all been very exceptional in treating me as a client. To round off, great company, great team and they're all more than welcome for dinner at mine!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT DEAL WITH NORTHWOOD AND GREAT LANDLORD TO RENT OFF OF.”

16. View All Comments (1)by FB01  16/10/2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your very positive feedback which is very much appreciated.
  17. A 5-star review by 'CJames' 16/10/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    BR1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is my first property as a landlady therefore I was looking for a Company that would be able to provide me with guidance when it came to the rental process. Northwood were able to do this with no hassle and their support and advice is second to none. My worries regarding suitable tenants were put at ease swiftly by Northwood’s superior marketing and speed at which they found tenants for my property. Northwood ensured tenants were suitable as the processes they undertook included reference checks on the prospective tenants to certify they were appropriate for me. The whole procedure from contacting to Northwood to the completion of gaining tenants was a smooth and swift experience done with the upmost detail.

1. A 5-star review by 'Priyanka Mangal' 15/10/2014

B44
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Nin and his team done an excellent job from letting to buying the same house. We are very pleased with their service through out from day one. As a first time buyer had no idea where to start and how to start. We were guided by him all the times and completion was done in days. Such a pleasant experience . I would highly recommend this company to people looking to let or buy.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'HY' 15/10/2014

WR1

Lauren Allcoat

I really appreciate what the agent has done for me. Whatever I asked the agent, she always answered to me really quick and also worked really hard.

3. A 5-star review by 'Sam Williams' 14/10/2014

BS13
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have just rented my property with Northwood, North St, Southville, bristol, branch. In turn great tenants were found very quickly. Siobhan at Northwood provided me with an easy to use service, with property specific details I wanted included. The one off cost was clear from the start, with no additional hidden costs. I would definitely use Northwood in the future and highly recommend them to others.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mr Z H' 11/10/2014

Jonathan Edwards
    WR3
    £675

Jonathon Edwards

Our first meeting was with Jonathan. It was a very honest and open conversation - we outlined our plans (and the limitations surrounding them); Jonathan explained the options available to us. He came well prepared, armed with up-to-date information about the rental prices achieved in our area recently. Although I suspect Jonathan had some preconceived ideas as to what our property might look like (and the rent it will achieve), he kept an opened mind and adjusted his rental income valuation (upwards), when he familiarised himself with the quality of our property. One meeting was more than enough for us to reach an agreement on all matters with Jonathan - we felt comfortable with his suggestions and the service he provided us with.
    Lauren took care of all other matters afterwards - agreement preparation, inventory, etc. Lauren was readily available to discuss any matters over the phone and very easy and straightforward to deal with.

5. A 5-star review by 'Ruth D' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    32 North Bar Within (Beverley) (East Riding of Yorkshire)
    Debra Rendle, Hannah Pinder
    HU5
    £81000

Debra RendleHannah Pinder

Hannah was most recently in charge of managing the property when it was let, and Debra helped us sell it. We always had good communication and fast responses to queries or issues, and yesterday completed on the sale of the house. I would recommend them to anyone in the area wanting either to let or to sell a property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (2)by northwoodbev  20/10/2014

Thank you Ruth for taking the time to post your kind review. We are please to hear that our team were helpful throughout the process and made your experience as stress free as possible. Thanks again.
  7. A 5-star review by 'ljscott' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    40 East Street ( ) (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Dean Walford, Stuart London
    se28
    £700

Dean WalfordStuart London

I cannot reccommed the guaranteed rent scheme more highly. We had so many issues before handing our 2 bed flat over to Northwood - Rental voids, messy tenants.... even cockroaches on one occasion. If you want a hassle free guaranteed rental service, then this is definitely the best option. Yes, you'll invariably get slightlt under market vale rent, but if you take into consideration what you;'d probaly pay a standard letting agent (along with rental voids etc...) then this is really a great option for you.

8. 1

A 1-star review by 'Karen' 9/10/2014

Branch:
    78 Bradshaw Gate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    M26
    £650
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would not recommend or use Northwoods Bolton again. From the beginning of the tenancy, they did not address or even answer my emails of concerns. There were serious managemt failings at this branch which varied from taking 4 months to pay back an over payment to not declaring local and frequent power cuts, not providing working smoking alarms, not answering any of my emails whatever it was in relation too. Terrible service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO PROBLEMS WITH REGARDS TO FEES CHARGED IF THEY WOULD OF FILFILLED THE ROLE OF ACTUALLY MANAGING THE PROPERTY.”

9. A 5-star review by 'laura' 9/10/2014

fiona bradbury
    ba11

fiona bradbury

NORTHWOOD estate agents in warminster are the loveliest team I've come across. extremely helpful made me feel at ease through the whole process. I would like to thank fiona bradbury for all of her help over the last few weeks any questions i had were answered thoroughly and promptly. All the team make you feel welcome they are a happy and bubbly bunch moving can be one of the most stressful times in life but these guys have been great. Thanks again :-)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES CHARGED ARE VERY REASONABLE. IM VERY PLEASED THAT I CHOSE NORTHWOOD NO HIDDEN FEES”

10. View All Comments (1)by FB01  11/10/2014

Thank you so much your kind words, it's great to hear you've had a positive experience.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Hel007' 8/10/2014

BA12
    £133000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

First time using this estate agent. Very professional and curtious service and would highly recommend. Fortunate the property sold very quickly by them at full asking price.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EVERYONE WANTS TO PAY LESS, BUT QUITE HAPPY FOR THE SERVICE RECEIVED.”

12. View All Comments (1)by FB01  11/10/2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your positive feedback. Thank you so much.
  13. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sue N' 8/10/2014

wr1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents were very professional & handled my rental in an efficient & timely manner.
    I needed a property quickly & they were able to complete paperwork & checks in real time.
    I would recommend them to other tenants.

1. A 5-star review by 'FABIO' 6/10/2014

BS3

Siobhan Hayes

I have been living in this house since August 2013 and Siobhan is really excellent in her work.
    When I need she always helps me.she is very kind.she is a perfect manager and I always ask some advises to feeling satisfied.

2. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  06/10/2014

Thank you very much Fabio. I am always here to help.
  3. A 5-star review by 'Darren82' 6/10/2014

Branch:
    676 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    NE5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Have now used this branch several times, as the service has always been top notch. We are always kept up to date with everything that happens, as it happens via email or phone call.
    We sold this property very quickly, for very close to the figure we were advised.
    Having dealt with many estate agents in the past I can confidently say I wouldn't use anyone else again, Northwood are brilliant and very professional - yet always friendly too.

4. A 5-star review by 'Liz G' 5/10/2014

Branch:
    74-76 Peach Street ( ) (Wokingham) (Berkshire)
    RG40
    £1400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Advert to tenant moving in was 11 days. The team were speedy in their responses, efficient with paperwork and helpful with their advice.

5. A 5-star review by 'Salmon' 4/10/2014

BA11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All dealings have been dealt with in a very professional and courteous manner. The niggly problems encountered initially were dealt with promptly. The tradesmen that attended were punctual and polite. Surprised by the positive experience. Would not hesitate to recommend this agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WOULD ALWAYS LIKE TO PAY LESS.”

6. View All Comments (1)by FB01  08/10/2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to note you've had a positive experience.
  7. 1

A 2-star review by 'Ravi' 3/10/2014

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicestershire)
    Property Management
    Andy McGarrick
    LE6
    £495
    Would you use the agent again? No

Andy McGarrick

I have used Northwood agents for letting my propery under "Guaranteed Rent" plan. This plan is a real rip off and I would recommend any prospective landlords not to use it or think twice before entering into this plan. My property was poorly managed and the rent that I received was substantially lower to what I may have received if I was not in that plan. With this plan I could not sell this property with any other agents and I have to use only Northwood to market my property to sell. This delalyed selling my property when I really wanted to sell it. It was eventually sold by a different agent and Northwood couldnot find me a buyer inspite of having it for selling for a very long time. I would not use these agents or the Guaranteed Rent plan again

8. View All Comments (1)by Andy  04/10/2014

This is quite a useful opportunity to explain the advantages of the Guaranteed Scheme in exactly the circumstances that Ravi was actually in. It's unfortunate if he now sees the situation differently. First, in December 2012 I recommended to Ravi that the property be marketed at a certain price: he declined this and wanted to go to market nearly £13000 higher, despite all available evidence from us confirming our knowledge of the market. We also flexed our contract with Ravi to enable marketing despite the fact that the property was still tenanted, precisely to assist him because he... (read more)
  9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Lauren Sampson' 2/10/2014

WR1
    £550

Lauren Allcoat

Lauren Allcoat was very helpful and made us aware of all the relevant information that was necessary at the start of our tenancy agreement with Northwood. She is always available via telephone if and when we need to contact her for any problem/query that we have. When we do have issues that need attention we can always rely on Northwood and all its staff to resolve this quickly and easily.

10. A 5-star review by 'lucy small' 2/10/2014

Branch:
    5 Fishergate Row, Butler Street (Preston) (Lancashire)
    pr2
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Rented house out with agent at the beginning of the summer, had trouble confirming move in date as previous tenant didn't leave when they were supposed but would get daily calls from the agent to ensure we were kept up to date with the progress. made sure the house was ready for us to move in at the first possible opportunity and was all clean and tidy despite it being a quick turn around. There were some issues with the property when we moved in but quickly got resolutions and the contractors would contact us the same day and very flexible with appointments to come out to the house. Despite a bad start ( through no one but the previous tenants' fault) currently love the house and couldn't ask for more from agent

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAID £120 ADMIN AS ON SPECIAL OFFER BUT WAS INFORMED THAT IF THERE WAS NO OFFER ON WOULD HAVE BEEN £216 FOR TWO OR MORE TENANTS, AS THERE WAS 3 OF US IT WAS GOOD TO KNOW THAT WE ARENT CHARGED PER PERSON”

11. A 5-star review by 'pina' 2/10/2014

wr11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Since we moved into the property we had a few issues that were dealt in no time. Before we moved into the property we paid some fees, those fees could have been lost if we were wrong, but they were sympathetic and guaranteed us that if that happened they would give us the money back. Basically, it was the beginning of a good relationship, it's already past 2 years.

12. 1

A 5-star review by 'Becky Hurd' 1/10/2014

WR3
    £775

Lauren Allcoat

Lauren and the team at Northwood have been incredibly thorough and helpful during the process of me becoming a tenant. The information provided is very comprehensive and the support given is second to none.

Long may this relationship and level of service continue.

Thanks Lauren and Northwood!

13. 1

A 5-star review by 'Shaun Slack' 30/9/2014

Lauren Allcoat, Denise Bradley
    wr1
    £450

Lauren AllcoatDenise Bradley

They have both been great. Extremely helpful, Answered all my questions. As a first time letter this gave me a lot of confidence that I went with the right agency. Denise has been great at resolving issues I've had.