Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 869 ratings. This website contains 868 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Lettings & Estate Agents

Page last updated on: 03-May-2015 19:01:21

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 29)

1. 4

Branch:
    97 Hewlett Road (Cheltenham) (Gloucestershire)
    Nikki Ponsford, Karen Green
    GL51
    Nikki PonsfordKaren Green

I am a first-time landlord, and have recently moved abroad. I am letting my house under Northwood's Guaranteed Rent scheme, and am very satisfied.

Northwood have been excellent during both my preparation to move and after I left the country in making sure that my property is looked after. Having lived in the property for almost 7 years before deciding to let it out there were a number of small maintenance tasks that needed to be performed before someone could move in - Nikki and her team have high standards! Northwood looked after all of these for me, and all I had to do was pay the... (read more)

2. 5

Branch:
    20 Upland Road (East Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    SE5
    Duncan Burge

I had an excellent experience selling my flat through Northwood - which I was not really expecting! I came across them when they I did a viewing of another property to buy... didn't go with that one in the end, but was rather impressed by the agent Duncan who did a much better job of actually trying to sell me the flat than any other agent I'd seen in 20+ viewings of other places. So I got him round to quote on selling our flat, and am very glad I did. The top line is that he helped sell my flat at £20k over the aggressive asking price, a huge record for the street it was on, which allowed... (read more)

View All Comments (1)by Duncan  10/01/2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. We have been fortunate to achieve over asking price offers on a number of properties that we have sold recently.
  3. 3

Branch:
    40 East Street (Bromley) (Greater London)
    CR0
    £1250
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to give a huge hank you to the folk at Northwoods (Bromley) that I have been dealing with for the past few weeks. I've been talking with, and communicating with, Charlotte, Felicity and Ally. They have all been so helpful, professional and courteous throughout my time dealing with them. I am an owner of an investment flat, living in the States , but with my home and background in Bromley. In January I eventually managed to evict a tenant from my flat in Croydon. She had been living in my flat for over a year, without paying any rent at all, and when I did gain acces, the place... (read more)

4. 1

Branch:
    1 Bellvue Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Stuart Calvert
    Stuart Calvert

I have previously rented my property both privately and with other agents and have had mixed experiences with both. In all honesty I just wanted a simple option that offered a decent return without some of the headaches that come with lettings.

I was attracted initially to the Northwood branch after hearing about the guaranteed rent option on the Talksport radio station. After contacting the branch at Southampton, they sent the branch director (Stuart) around for a valuation. He was very through with the options, as well as honest with the current situation market wise - which is much... (read more)

5. 3

Property Management
    dh8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have let my property with Northwood since early 2010. It's a 3 bed new build from 2007. I am an "enforced landlord" as the property's value dropped dramatically in the recession as new builds continued to be built in the area and I needed to move away due to work in the military.
    Northwood are a fabulous agent and have given impeccable service through the whole term I've been with them and I wouldn't use or recommend anyone else.
    My previous agent did get tenants in, but despite being full management I was left dealing with problems (such as plumbing) from overseas on... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

yo10
    £127
    Catrina Merrigan

Catrina is amazing she did all she could possible to help us dealing with both our let property and also when we sold it she is very easy to talk to .she went over and above her work load for us i cant thank her enough even when she was poorly she still worked from home for us thankyou again catrina 10 out of 10

7. View All Comments (1)by Catrina  01/05/2015

Thank you for your kind words. I like to give 100% to my job so to hear how much it is appreciated really does mean a lot to me. Catrina Merrigan Branch Manager
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

YO31
    £170000
    Catrina Merrigan

After having to withdraw from a purchase for a property with a different estate agency through inaccuracies with its listing and details, I came across the advertised property listed by Northwood, 67 Micklegate, York. I initially emailed with brief details about myself and my position with regards to being able to purchase a property, and requested more information concerning the advertised property which had caught my attention.

With the problems with the previous property I wanted to confirm that this one had necessary paperwork concerning building work, gas and electric certification... (read more)

9. View All Comments (1)by Catrina  01/05/2015

Thank you for your kind words. It was thanks to the support of my staff that I was able to provide new builders to work to the dead line date for your completion. We are a dedicated to offering good customer service and I was delighted to get you to the completion date set and for you and your wife to move into your new family home. Catrina Merrigan Branch Manager
  10. 2

Branch:
    729 Lincoln Road (New England) (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    PE1
    £575
    Colin Chapman

Colin went above and beyond to find me the perfect property that ticked all of my boxes. He kept me informed throughout the application process and made the organisation and logistics of moving house extremely stress free.

I would highly recommend Northwood and will be using them again should I move.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

YO24
    £230000
    Catrina Merrigan

I have recently completed the purchase of my first property and being a complete novice in the house buying world it was of huge relief to be dealing with Northwood, the expertise and customer care that was provided was exceptional, and this was not the easiest of purchases by any stretch of the imagination. I would absolutely recommend the Northwood York team to anybody, especailly those first time purchasers who require a little support through what is a very difficult experience. I would like to pass on my thanks to the whole Northwood team.

12. View All Comments (1)by Catrina  01/05/2015

Thank you for your kind words. Myself and my team strive to offer the best customer service so it is always kindly appreciated to hear such promising feedback. Enjoy your new home. Catrina Merrigan Branch Manager
  13. 1

Branch:
    3 Parkside (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    Wendy Tolfrey, ben sadler-coates
    RH10
    £1050
    Wendy Tolfreyben sadler-coates

This is our first ''Buy to let property' in Crawley so it was wonderful to meet Wendy and Ben from Northwood who could not do enough to help us. There were several issues such as chasing missing keys from the previous tenant, having locks changed and general practical advice. We live a 110 mile trip away so it was not always easy for us to deal with some of the issues arising from buying the flat and making sure everything was in order for our new tenants. Most important, of course, was finding the tenants and within 4 days the flat was signed up even before it had been refurbished. We would highly recommend their service and would not hesitate in using them again.

14. 2

Sara Bulter
    NE5
    £400
    Sara Bulter

Very professional service. Had dealings with Northwood many times and will continue to use them in the future. All staff are very pleasant and efficient

“VERY FAIR”

15. 2

Branch:
    729 Lincoln Road (New England) (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    Colin Chapman, Annie
    Pe7
    £675
    Colin Chapmanno photo
    Colin ChapmanAnnie

We first dealt with a lovely lady called Annie when viewing the property who was very helpful, we couldn't have asked for better service, very polite and made us feel very comfortable going ahead to rent this property, we are now 3 months down the line and just had our first inspection by a man named Colin he was also very helpful, any concerns we had was dealt with straight away, all the staff we have spoken to within the peterborough branch have been very polite and helpful we couldn't ask for better service.

16. 1

Branch:
    17 Stoughton Road (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Gosia Prazeniak
    Le3
    £575
    Gosia Prazeniak

Was an absolute pleasure to off gone with this letting agent and we was very sad we had to leave, nothing was to big for Gosia and all the dealings we had with her was to a high professional standard. I no if we ever have to move again I will be going straight to Northwood as long as Gosia is still there. We had two properties over the course of nearly two years and every problem that arised was delt with promptly and to a high standard, Northwood put there tenants first which is something we have not had with previous letting agents. The inventory was very detailed witch helped when it came to receiving our deposit back. Thank you Northwood

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD.”

17. 1

Nicola Winnard, Sarah Elliott
    WN2
    Nicola WinnardSarah Elliott
    Nicola WinnardSarah Elliott

The staff have found some very respectable tenants very quickly, and have kept me informed of the arrangements throughout the selection process. The tenant moved in without any issues and I have been consulted promptly on any changes requested. Overall I have been impressed with the work they have conducted so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES MAY BE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN I HAVE PAID WITH A PREVIOUS AGENT, HOWEVER THIS IS POSITIVELY REFLECTED IN THE HIGH QUALITY OF THE SERVICE THEY ARE PROVIDING.”

18. 1

Branch:
    199 Westburn Road (Aberdeen) (Aberdeen City)
    Matt Pullinger, Elinor Cranston
    AB32
    Matt PullingerElinor Cranston

I have been using Matt and his team to let our property to let out our beloved family home for 3 years. We are pleased with the level of service and response. Friendly team. I would recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“JUST RIGHT IN THE CURRENT MARKET”

19. View All Comments (1)by Matt  30/04/2015

Many thanks for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with the management of your property. I sincerely hope you continue to be pleased with our service, and any feedback whether positive or constructive is very welcome.
  20. 2

WN2
    Sarah Elliott

We have moved to Wigan from another part of the UK due to work commitments. Compared to previous experiences, the transtion handled by Northwood Wigan branch was very professional and well organised. We have found our corrospondance has been promptly dealt with, paperwork handled quickly and we had the keys within 2 weeks from application.

Everyone we have dealt with have been very helpful so far and we would highly recommend them to other people who are considering letting a property in the area.

21. 1

Branch:
    89 London Street (Reading) (Berkshire)
    Property Management
    RG1
    £440
    Mark Hampton

I've not been with Northwood that long, but so far they have shown great customer service. They were very flexible in finding an arrangement that suited both of us and made the extra effort to make things work.

22. View All Comments (1)by Mark  29/04/2015

Hi Simon, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that we were able to help! Mark
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Wn1
    £835
    Sarah Elliott

Very helpful, assisted us with a quick move and communicated well with us at all times, was aware of our situation but still manages to help

24. 2

Would you use the agent again? Yes

A very professional service over the last two years. Communication has been excellent with prompt and efficient action and support from all the team.

25. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  27/04/2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate it and are always happy to help in the future.
  26. 1

12 C
    £750
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with Northwood and completely satisfied with the service. They found me tenants very quickly.
    I will use their service again in future.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF DISCOUNTS ARE GIVEN TO REGULAR CUSTOMERS.”

27. 2

Branch:
    The Bank, 113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    Adam , Leanne
    M27
    £100000
    Adam Leanne

The reason why I like Northwoods is because the staff are all really friendly and approachable, nothing is too much trouble for them, you can ring them as many times as you like and they are as nice to you on the last call as they were on the 1st. They are on the ball keeping you up-to-date with everything, but mainly they don't lie to you, they tell you exactly how it is. I was recommended to them by my brother, and I must admit I was very skeptical with me living in Swinton and their office being in Bolton, but it has made no difference at all. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them.

I already have another house up for sale with them. Thank You Northwoods, well done! you are doing a GREAT job

28. 4

Branch:
    The Bank, 113-117 Deansgate (Bolton) (Greater Manchester)
    Leanne
    BL9
    Leanne

Moved out of my family home and became a tenant in February this year, I could not have asked for a better letting agents to help me with my first move, than Northwood. Right from the beginning they have supported me and have always extremely approachable and helpful. They also are very attentive to personal details and show a willingness to provide the best service at all times. Customer service either by email or phone has always been excellent and very professional. Very happy that my first experience was with Northwood.

Comments on the Agents fees

“JOINT APPLICATION - £200 1 MONTHS RENT UPFRONT - £450 1 MONTHS RENT DEPOSIT - £450 DECENT IN MY OPINION.”

29. View All Comments (1)by Leanne  23/04/2015

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the feedback. Customer service is our number one priority and we are alway happy to help.
  30. 3

Branch:
    36 High Street (Sandbach) (Cheshire)
    Rena Andronicou
    ST7
    Rena Andronicou

I have a property with Northwood Sandbach which they manage for me on the platinum scheme. I have received excellent communication from them and excellent service. My communications are dealt with promptly and payments always correct and on time. A pleasure to deal with, they take all the stress out of being a Landlord. Very happy customer.

31. 3

Siobhan Hayes

I used Northwood to let my property with the rent guarantee scheme which worked perfect for me,no need to check the property as Northwood would assist with repairs if needed and no problems with the rent being paid.Siobhan was extremely helpful,friendly and professional at all times when I decided to sale the property later on.The sale was very quick and progress smoothly and I also got a reasonable asking price.I highly recommend Northwood as a letting agent or estate agent and would definitely use them again in the future.

32. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  24/04/2015

Thank you for your review. I am pleased we were able to provide you with our services full circle and it all went well. Happy to help you in the future. Siobhan
  33. 2

Siobhan Hayes, Jack Honeyfield
    BS31
    £475
    Siobhan HayesJack Honeyfield
    Siobhan HayesJack Honeyfield

Our dealings with Northwood North St Bristol have been nothing but excellent.Siobhan and Jack have been outstanding ,helping us with every problem and sorting it quickly and efficiently.We were concerned about buying a property to let after a previous bad experience but they are making our experience completely stress free this time.We often pass the office and are always greeted with a lovely smile and wave from Siobhan and are never afraid to go in and ask a question.

34. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  24/04/2015

Thank you for your review, always happy help. Pleased the Guaranteed Rent scheme is working well for you and is stress free. Best wishes, Siobhan.
  35. 2

BS35
    £850
    Siobhan Hayes

At short notice I was offered a contract working overseas. I needed to rent my property at a busy and stressful time. I contacted Northwood and was immediately struck by the professionalism of Siobhan. I received comprehensive information over the phone and a full written information pack which gave me confidence in the process. I did some online research and soon found both Northwood and Siobhan had several very positive reviews. I met with Siobhan she was on time, polite very knowledgeable and totally professional. Her opinions and advice enabled us to decide on the package that suited us best. Siobhan has always had or found the answers to any questions we had and always gets back to us straight away. When the removals company damaged a light fitting Siobhan offered to assist us with resolving the problem at a time we were so busy with an international move. In short she is a total professional and if I was an employer I would give her a job in a heartbeat!

36. View All Comments (1)by Siobhan  23/04/2015

Hello Paul, thank you so much for your words. I am glad you are happy and everything has ran smoothly for you. Siobhan.
  37. 3

Paolo Nigrelli, Wendy Foster
    Ne15
    Paolo NigrelliWendy Foster

We have recently sold our property through Northwood. We were surprised at how attentive and professional the staff were especially Wendy and Paolo. What we liked was the regular communication we received whilst our property was on the market, unlike other agents that we have dealt with before where the communication would dry up. Even though our home was on the market a few months we never doubted the service being provided. They have always provided us with honest feedback, an excellent service and a friendly smile! Very pleased with the service we have received and would definitely recommend to anyone. Thanks so much :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVE AND GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

38. 2

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Warminster) (Wiltshire)
    Martin Bradbury, Tracey hankin
    BA11
    £700
    Martin BradburyTracey hankin

I would like to say that I found all of the staff at Northwood, especially Tracey and Martin very professional and supportive and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

39. 2

Branch:
    7 Paris Street (Exeter) (Devon)
    Ex1
    £260000
    Anna Atwell

I was recommended to use Northwood via a friend whom had used them in the past. I could not have asked for a more professional service by their negotiator Anna Atwell. She kept me informed on a weekly basis with regards to the purchase of my now property. Dealt with the vendor when I had a few questions that needed to be answered promptly.
    Without Anna's help the purchase would not have gone so smooth and professional as it did. Can not thank Her enough for all the help.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES THAT THE AGENT CHARGED ME WAS NOTHING IN COMPARISON TO THE POSITIVE SERVICE I WAS GIVEN BY EVERYONE IN NORTHWOOD.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  40. A 4 -star review by ''

Sarah Elliott, Katherine Price
    Wn4
    £500
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price
    Sarah ElliottKatherine Price

Very informative from booking the viewing, showing us around the property to completing paperwork. Friendly staff with great customer service.

41. 1

Branch:
    23 Whitchurch Road (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    CF10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just become a Northwood tenant and they have made the whole process of moving house stress free and easy. All staff are approachable, friendly and helpful on the phone. When I had a small maintenance issue with the property, the issue got sorted very quickly and was resolved without any hassle. Northwood found me a lovely flat and I would highly recommend them.

42. View All Comments (1)by Kate Gwinnutt  23/04/2015

Dear Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your complimentary comments. It gives me great pleasure in hearing such positive reviews. Thanks again for your custom.
  43. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    7/9 Warwick Road (Carlisle) (Cumbria)
    Gilli
    CA1
    Gilli

I have been a tenant with Northwood Carlisle for two years. During this time I have lived in two lovely properties. I must commend Northwood for their friendliness and attentiveness to any problems reported during my tenancy. My only criticism would be, what I assume is common in the renting game, disagreement over deposit at the end. Overall, I do believe that it is better for renters to use a company such as Northwood over dealing direct with a private landlord.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  44. A 4 -star review by ''

Katherine Price, Steve Adams
    WN3
    £525
    Katherine PriceSteve Adams
    Katherine PriceSteve Adams

Everyone was courteous and helpful in all correspondence and dealings. The handover and paperwork was professional and thorough. The only improvement I can suggest is to offer the option to pay by card at the office or over the phone.

45. 2

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Jonathan Edwards, Maria Edwards
    WR1
    £480
    Jonathan EdwardsMaria Edwards
    Jonathan EdwardsMaria Edwards

The agent was professional and friendly. Payments were received on time. Queries were answered in a timely fashion. They proactively dealt with any issues that arose.