...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Northwood
Northwood UK | Estate Agents | Letting Agents

Northwood

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 2033 ratings. This website contains 2030 user reviews of Northwood.

• Northwood has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Northwood, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 165 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Northwood is a growing network of independently owned businesses operating with a common goal; to provide a professional service and take the risks out of being a landlord.

Our highly popular Guaranteed Rent service ensures you get the rent even if the tenant fails to pay. What's more we cover void periods and any legal issues associated with problem tenants - what's more, there is no commission and no fees.

We also offer traditional lettings and sales services too and have become leaders in buy to let properties. Each office has a local director who is hands on ensuring local knowledge and national strength.

As founding members of SAFEagent, we pride ourselves on complying with every element of legislation & regulation and continue our campaign to improve consumer rights.

Page last updated on: 30-Aug-2015 16:50:31

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 68)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    76 Allerton Road (Mossley Hill) (Liverpool) (Merseyside)
    L20
    £125000
    Joanne Smith

Joanne was great! She was professional but approachable at the same time which really put me at ease and gave me confidence in knowing I was getting an excellent service. I've since recommended her to a friend who received the same level of service from Joanne. I couldn't fault her!

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    42-44 Wellington Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    Del Birch (?), Jo / Ela Kuna
    LU2
    £517
    Del Birch (?)Jo / Ela Kuna

Fully managed the property and have found good tenant, they have given correct advise, have sourced good cost effective furniture. Very professional, friendly and take the time to talk out any concerns. Trust them and their advise. Have peace of mind.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    333 Hartshill Road (Hartshill) (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Steve Swann, Sarah Ratcliffe
    ST4
    £82000
    Steve SwannSarah Ratcliffe

Our house in Trentham has been let through Northwood since 2008.
    Service from Northwood has always been first class and we have been able to relax in our country home in France, safe in the knowledge that our property is in good hands.
    We were also able to sell my mother in law's house in Cross Heath when she had to enter a care home in 2010 and the sale went through speedily through Paula's efforts at Northwood.
    We were given a detailed explanation of the letting process by Steve.
    Score 4.9 out of 5

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5A St James Street (Derby) (Derbyshire)
    Karen Wesson, Wendy
    DE22
    £550
    Karen Wessonno photo
    Karen WessonWendy

We used Northwood in Derby just over 18 months ago to rent out 2 properties we have. We had excellent service from both Karen & Wendy who were very thorough and made the process for letting the properties straight forward and simple. They were both very courteous and helpful and put us first as Landlords. Their rates were very reasonable (we had find tenants only) and their expertise excellent. We now have one property coming on the market again for let and had no hesitation in going back to Northwood. We have been renting out property for over 12 years and have used various letting agents in Derby but by far have had the best service from Northwood. We have no hesitation in recommending them to landlords for letting their properties.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    37 Havelock Road (Hastings) (East Sussex)
    keith Knight, Angela
    TN34
    £130000
    keith KnightAngela

I do not write reviews, ordinarily, however, in this instance I feel compelled to write a few words. Within a few minutes of walking into Northwood Hasting I knew I had made the right decision. Throughly professional balanced perfectly with a personal touch. This was a difficult sale, as was later to transpire. All aspects of this sale, the good and the bad, was handled seamlessly by Keith and his team. The service they provided was second to none that, I have come across in forty five years in property transactions. Would I recommend Northwood Hasting? Absolutely, they are a refreshing breath of fresh air. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

SK4
    Peter Bellamy

I have known Peter at Northwood for many years and always found him to be very helpful, professional and knowledgeable. He and his team offer excellent service levels. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Simon Bell, Val Hickman
    PO6
    Simon BellVal Hickman

I chose Northwood after their valuation visit as I felt their enthusiasm for the task far exceeded the competition (their rates were good too!)
    Now, going through the later stages of selling, I am very pleased with my choice. They were very speedy in finding a buyer, always friendly and personable, and their follow up help and guidance has been exceptional. I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Samuel McNally, Mel Gazur
    Po6
    £880
    Samuel McNallyMel Gazur

I have been using Northwood Portsmouth for over two years now and have just renegotiated for another three years on my property. They are always helpful, friendly and efficient in my dealings with them. My wife also has a property rented out with them and we are in the process of purchasing another property for our portfolio and will have no hesitation in using Northwood for that property as well. They are always open to negotiation and willing to discuss any concerns. We regularly recommend them to others and will continue to do so :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VALUE FOR MONEY AND VERY SECURE WAY TO RENT OUT PROPERTY WHILST MINIMISING RISK”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    43 Barbourne Road (Worcester) (Worcestershire)
    Jonathan Edwards, Maria Edwards
    WR4
    £800
    Jonathan EdwardsMaria Edwards
    Jonathan EdwardsMaria Edwards

If I have any problem, then I am sure they help me to sort it out. I am absolutely satisfied with them. I recommend them highly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Emily Hunnybun, Hannah Rylatt
    Ls17
    £750
    Emily HunnybunHannah Rylatt

The agents are very prompt in answering queries regarding repairs that needed to be carried. Rents statments are sent out regularly with any invoices. I have always found the staff at Northwood very friendly. When I first put up the property on rent and gave them the details of the kind of tenants I was looking for and they found the correcttenants. They definitely listen to what you say. I would highly recommend Northwood for any landlord.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Ls7
    £150000
    Jon Roberts

Always helpful nothing an issue. Positive experience. I would recommend this company to others in a similar position to myself

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    Amy Kessler, Sadia Mian
    Wa11
    £450
    Amy KesslerSadia Mian

Hi,
    I have used Northwood in Warrington for three years after going through numerous other estate agents. The ladies at Northwood are a pleasure to deal with. They are professional, helpful and look after their tenants as much as their landlords. Any issues with my properties are dealt with efficiently and if they feel I am not acting quickly enough to deal with any issues they let me know!!!

13. 1

Branch:
    139 Sankey Street (Warrington) (Cheshire)
    Bethany Cheetham
    Wa5
    £750
    Bethany Cheetham

I've been renting for many years but I have never been made to feel as special and welcome as the girls at Northwood made me feel.
    The staff always go above and beyond to help and it has always been a pleasure dealing with them. I've recently had a baby and the girls even sent us a card!
    It is an absolute dream renting from Northwood. I know many other letting agents who could learn a thing or two from them 😃

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE REASONABLE AND THERE WAS NO PRESSURE TO PROVIDE ALL THE MONEY STRAIGHT AWAY. I SECURED THE PROPERTY AND PAID THE REST WHEN WE CHECKED IN.”

14. 1

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Simon Bell, Katie Weymes
    PO6
    £301000
    Simon BellKatie Weymes

We recently purchased a property that Northwood had listed. From the outset, Katie was professional and honest in the details surrounding the sale. Unfortunately, the vendor was of a certain personality which made the process extremely difficult when our buyer delayed proceedings.
    Although we were

15. 1

Sales (as a Buyer)
    po2
    £175000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was impressed by the service given by Northwood. As first time purchaser I wasn't exceptionally acquainted with all techniques when purchasing a house yet with the assistance of Simon the whole process was hassle free.

16. 1

Po5
    £575
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Reliable agency with excitement customer service. Helped me finding a nice little flat and making sure the flat was in good condition before I moving in. Thank you.

17. 1

Adam Ford, Andy Leo
    LS72
    £142500
    Adam FordAndy Leo

I was not only impressed but felt totally confident of the way Northwood explained to me how to rent my property through them. I was a first time landlord, and was to live abroad, so I had to be happy and relaxed knowing my property was in good hands....it was.
    I have no complaints at all. They were polite, professional, helpful and also eventually sold my property once a time was agreed. Again, through the sale, they provided excellent feedback, sound advice and never made me feel as if I was taking time from their hands.

Best of Luck Northwood in your growing future.

“VERY COMPETITIVE”

18. 1

Property Management
    CH49
    Peter Bellamy

I have been dealing with Northwood in West Derby and Allerton since April 2011 and have always found them to be honest, reliable and efficient.
    Telephone calls are always answered promptly and calls are returned where needed. They do genuinely want to get the job done properly. What else do you need?

19. 1

Admin
    LU5
    Peter Bellamy

We have worked with Northwood for neatly 10 years and have found them very professional in every aspect if their business

20. 1

Samuel McNally, Mel Gazur
    Po6
    Samuel McNallyMel Gazur

We have been dealing with Northwood Portsmouth in regard to this property for over five years and their attention to detail, efficient, friendly service is second to none. They are approachable, business like and open to negotiation. We would recommend them every time and we do :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE AND FAIR AND VALUE FOR MONEY”

21. 1

LS8
    Jon Roberts

My experience with Northwood was first class, they talked me through every step of selling my house from the first initial valuation to the completion.
    I will certainly be recommending the to family and friends.

22. 1

Andy Leo, Adam Ford
    Ls8
    £195000
    Andy LeoAdam Ford

My first experience of Nirthwood was Adam coming to value my house. He suggested a slightly higher price than others but seemed confident he could get it. I gave him a go and after about 2 weeks we had an offer. Andy took over then and kept in touch whilst solicitors tried to drive me mental! He was a great calming influence and the only person at this stage who talked to me like a human being and not someone they just wanted off the phone. Thankfully it's all over now but next time I move they will be the first people I call.

23. 1

Property Management
    Andy Leo, Laura Withers
    LS8
    £495
    Andy LeoLaura Withers

This agent has found a tenant for our flat on 3 occasions. They also manage the property. They provide an excellent, very comprehensive professional service. They communicate very well and keep us informed in all aspects of letting out the flat and managing it. They are very helpful and knowledgeable and we trust their guidance in all property matters. We feel our property is in safe and responsible hands with them. We also feel they provide a very good service to the tenants, dealing with any issues they may face with the property promptly and efficiently. We feel we can thoroughly rely on this agent for our property matters.

24. 1

L12
    £165000
    Emma Canavan

I will definitely be recommending Northwood to all my family and friends. Emma was really helpful and kept me up to date throughout the whole process. Would like to thank everyone at Northwood for making our move stress free.

25. 1

L36
    £475
    Emma Canavan

When we arrived at the property the agent, Emma, was very friendly and welcoming. She showed me around the property and let me look round at my own pace. She was attentive to my needs and very knowledgeable, as she answered all my questions fully. She was very thorough when explaining of the fees/rent etc.
    Also what I was particularly impressed about was the attention Emma paid to my 3 year old son, who I had brought along with me. Clearly he was getting bored looking at an empty house however while we looked round, Emma was talking to him and trying to keep him entertained along with dealing with a viewing.

26. 1

Ls7
    £190000
    Jon Roberts

Great service throughout, kept me updated regarding interest and viewings that they had booked in. When an offer came in they negotiated it very well and got me over what i was willing to accept. I couldn't fault Northwood for their service and constant communication. Special mention to Jon as he was always quick to answer any queries I had.

27. 1

Branch:
    37 Winchester Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG22
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a landlord with Northwood in Basingstoke for nearly 9 years on the guaranteed rent level of service. I have never had to worry about my rent being paid as the amount is fixed regardless of tenant. The team at Northwood are fantastic to deal with, friendly and always prompt to answer any queries. I would not hesitate to recommend them to other landlords.

28. 1

L12
    Layla Swainbank

Layla was very helpful and professional in my dealings with her and I would highly recommend her and her team.

29. 1

LS7
    £450
    Andy Leo

Absolutely can not fault Northwood, Harrogate Road, Leeds. Each time our flat has come up for rent they have acted quickly & professionally. The listing has gone up almost instantly, viewings booked within days and suitable tenants sorted and selected within a week. As first time landlords, we have been given really useful advice, even when not in the new tenant process. We have mostly dealt with Andy, but all the staff we have encountered are pleasant, helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the area.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL WORTH IT EVERYTIME!”

30. 1

ls74
    £850
    Andy Leo

Andy has provided excellent service over the last 2 yrs both when I was buying the property & more recently in my search for a tenant. Service has always been efficient, fast, friendly & reliable as well as competitively priced. I would strongly recommend this branch of Northwoods for both buying & renting.