Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

MTM Property Services

Agent rating: 3.5 out of 5.0 based on 32 ratings. This website contains 32 user reviews of MTM Property Services.

Offices / Branches

• 10 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

14 out of 50
in the BN2 League Tables
40 out of 152
in the Brighton League Tables
3113 out of 21651
in the UK

Agent Information

A description of MTM Property Services is currently unavailable.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

MTM Property Services has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use MTM Property Services, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 21-Aug-2014 15:42:40

1. A 4-star review by 'AC' 21/8/2014

Toby , Emma Tiplady

Toby Emma Tiplady

I moved to an MTM property for my second year of uni and I felt that we were treated respectfully and looked after well. The major factor for this was the dealings with issue of the house, if there was a problem no matter how small, it was dealt with quickly and efficiently. This allowed for the stress that took place due to uni work, be the only stress that I had to face. The constant communication between the house and the landlord was wonderful. All emails were answered and were never left in the dark about anything that may have been happening with the house. Overall a very good year and one that I hope others will have in the future.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mr Gumbrill' 6/8/2014

Charlotte Rogers
    £1900

Charlotte Rogers

MTM Mange several properties for me and I find Charlotte so proffeshional in her dealings with my self and the ocupiers.
    All calls and e/mails are acted on imediatley and Charlotte has sorted out ordering new beds as needed and keeping the tenant in the loop as well as my self.
    The first house has just gone smoothly with the check out and deciding what works need doing and then organising the cleaners and checking in the new tenants.
    I know now I could go away and let Charlotte sort it all out and there would be nothing to worry about.
    Thank you MTM.

3. A 4-star review by 'Jack Crompton' 11/7/2014

Toby
    BN23
    £1908

Toby

I do not really have much to say about MTM, though I feel that this actually reflects the quality of the service - I have no complaints to make. Toby as our landlord has been second to none, ensuring that any issues or problems we've had (which might I add have been absolutely minimal and easily resolved) have been taken care of immediately.

The house is more than functional, serves its purpose, and we've appreciated the addition of further aspects guarantee that the house runs efficiently by the standards of both MTM, the council and etc.

My house mates and I have had a happy and secure year here, with the safe reassurance and reliability of Toby and MTM, to top it off nicely.

4. View All Comments (1)by MTM  16/07/2014

Hi Jack, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, it is lovely to hear you have been so happy with the service MTM and your landlord Toby have provided to you during your tenancy. As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. Hope you have an enjoyable summer. Many Thanks Toby and the MTM
  5. A 5-star review by 'Huw Davies' 11/6/2014

Helen
    £800

Helen

I have recently had dealings with MTM Property Services as a landlord - they were excellent. From the outset MTM provided me with a dedicated manager (Helen) who was brilliant at keeping me informed through the advertising, pricing, viewings and contract processes. I was also very impressed with the advice MTM gave me about making improvements to my property.

I found MTM's client / customer service to be excellent for example, when I requested some additional photos to be posted to the advert MTM did it within a day. Also when the property was advertised by MTM the full advert was online on their website in less than 12 hours (they also posted it on national home search sites).

All in all I would like to thank MTM for the very professional experience I have received. I would definitely recommend you.

MTM have delivered the result I wanted; my property was rented out within 5 days and their fees / charges are highly competitive too. Many thanks.

6. View All Comments (1)by MTM  02/07/2014

Hi Huw, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we are very pleased to hear you have received the high standards of service we strive to deliver, it is great to have another happy customer. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with or if you just need some advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.
  7. A 5-star review by 'Alice' 9/6/2014

Gemma Case
    £455

Gemma Case

Gemma at MTM is extremely efficient and hard working and her communication with the tenants is excellent. If there is ever a problem at the house, you only have to email or call and she sorts out the problem straight away within 24 hours. I was very grateful to have her to liase with during our tenancy. All the staff at MTM I have found to be polite, helpful and hard working. Many thanks :-)

8. View All Comments (1)by MTM  11/06/2014

Hi Alice, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear you have been happy with our service. As always, if we can do anything to help please let us know.
  9. A 1-star review by 'Put-offHouseHunter' 29/5/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    bn1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been staying with friends whilst searching for a place to stay in Brighton and have been so astounded by the service I have seen MTM provide in multiple properties that it has not only put me off going near any properties dealt with by them, but it has also put me off dealing with letting agents at all, which is shocking. They ignore any requests from tenants to the point I have seen people in tears. They do not clean houses before new tenants move in, but they take what they can out of the deposit.
    The neglect I have seen not only effects the tenants but at times the integrity of the property, showing complete disregard for the needs of property owners as well. It would seem they have such a high proportion of the housing market because their ethos is profit-focused and immoral, and they are fully aware that because they are the middle-men between the tenants and the property owners, they can do as little as they like.

10. View All Comments (1)by MTM  02/06/2014

Hello, We are deeply concerned regarding some of the points you have raised in your review and would urge you and the tenants you refer to, to contact us directly so we can rectify any problems we may not be aware of. We are members of UKALA, NLA and The Property Ombudsman and strive to provide high standards of service to both tenants and landlords. Thank you for your comments, please be assured we take all feedback very seriously.
  11. A 4-star review by 'Will Hawkins' 19/5/2014

bn3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

MTM were very good at keeping in contact with us and letting us know what they had planned for the house, e.g viewings and work being done. We were spoken to with respect when it came to any issues that needed discussing. They were able to help with most problems we had with the house and also helped us find a new house for the next year. The only thing stopping from getting the excellence was the issues we had trying to find out about out whether we had our house for another year. We felt like we were given a lot of false hope and was pretty let down by the experience.

12. View All Comments (1)by MTM  21/05/2014

Hi Will, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are pleased to hear you have been happy with our service. Sorry to hear we let you down on one occasion and you were left waiting to find out about renewing your property, your comments have been noted and it is great to have some constructive criticism to work on.
  13. A 3-star review by 'ETR' 18/5/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

MTM deliver an average level of service.
    They performed all the functions I would expect of an agent.
    The agency fee was high, especially considering it did not include a fee to a separate moving-in/out company.

14. View All Comments (1)by MTM  19/05/2014

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Any properties that MTM manage receive a full inventory, check in and check out by a third party company, however if we only provide an 'introduction' the landlord of your property If there are any other areas you feel we could improve on to ensure we deliver a 5 star service please contact us directly and we would we;come your feedback.
  15. A 5-star review by 'Cameron' 13/3/2014

Bn3

10/10

Our dealing with MTM property have been of the utmost excellence. I was living in Brighton prior to renting through MTM and had a lot of trouble with my house before and the estate agents were extremely slack and didn't show much care or consideration of our well being. This year has been a very pleasant change as MTM are a great company to rent from. We regularly receive emails to check that there are no outstanding problems in our property and any we have had, they've tried to resolve as quickly as possible. They've got a very friendly manner. I would absolutely recommend them to anybody looking for new property!

16. View All Comments (1)by MTM  08/05/2014

Hi Cameron, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are pleased to hear you are a happy customer and feel we are providing a good service. As always, if you need anything at all please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
  17. A 5-star review by 'Lena' 9/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

MTM have managed my property for a number of years now and have always provided an excellent service. There will always be conflict between landlord and tenant (I was a tenant for many years before buying my property so I am, sympathetic to the conflict from both sides) and MTM have always been very good at managing this relationship. When I have been asked to pay for certain things in the property, they have provided a balanced view and on many occasions have spoken up for tenants when they believed it was fair for me to pay. Equally when my property has been damaged willfully, they have been fair to me by ensuring fair compensation.

Thank you for providing a reassuringly professional service.

18. View All Comments (1)by MTM  08/05/2014

Hi Lena, We are so happy to hear you are having a positive experience renting your property through MTM. We would like to thank you for being a valued client and taking the time to leave us some feedback.

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'Aisha' 26/2/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Can you give a zero star review?

Be very careful of this little outfit. However good the properties might be, their badly worded and amateurish contracts are full of inconsistencies and contradictions and pretty much place the onus for anything that can go wrong on the tenants.

They are predatory and want to extract as much money as possible from tenants to assist their own cash flow, in various different ways. Their staff are variously incompetent, arrogant, condescending, and patronising. The director of the agency, one Tony Hamilton, is the owner of a number of the properties they rent to students.

Do not believe a word they say, and be sure to ensure that everything is confirmed in writing and signed by a competent person.

I have far more to say but will hold back until a more appropriate time. AVOID !!

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“They need to be honest, use properly written contracts, learn to treat tenants with respect. We understand that the landlord, not the tenant, is the client but the tenant provides the income without which there would be no clients.”

2. View All Comments (1)by MTM  08/05/2014

Hello Aisha, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am very sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the service you have received and would like to assure you that your comments are taken very seriously. Our paperwork has been checked by solicitors and anyone is free to have our paperwork check by a third party. We are always working had to improve our service. If you would like to discuss any of your comments in further detail please call the office and request to speak to a manager, we will be happy to help.
  3. A 4-star review by 'Rema' 27/1/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been renting with MTM since the past 2 years and when I first entered the property, I was amazed at the level of cleanliness. Whenever there has been maintenance issues, our landlord Toby, has dealt with the problems promptly. I have always received the necessary information about the tenancy and procedures involved with renting. As a student it can be overwhelming when it comes to renting your own place, however the staff at MTM, have always explained and made things easy to understand.

4. View All Comments (1)by MTM  08/05/2014

Hi Rema, Thank you so much for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased to hear you are happy with the service you have received and that we have made your first time renting as a student easier. As always, if you need anything at all please let us know.
  5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Brightonuni student' 16/1/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

As a tenant in a student house we dealt with MTM a lot. The first issue was apparent after my first experience of them, pushing me to pay up straight away, and paying for a month in advance despite none of the tenants actually moving in til well after that and so by the time we moved in we'd paid twice already for rent. Also they played us housemates off each other before we even knew each other to pressure us to pay up faster (although completely unnecessary). We have also recieved random unfair charges for rent being paid late despite never paying the rent late in the slightest, and other unexpected charges that came from no where. We all also are recipients to rudeness and bad attitude almost every time we get in contact with our agent. Absolutely dreadful experience of mtm.

6. View All Comments (1)by MTM  08/05/2014

Dear Brightonuni Student, I am sorry to hear you have not been satisfied with the service you have received from MTM. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. If you would like to discuss the issues you have raised in more detail or if we can do anything to help in regards to explaining our payment process and any charges please feel free to contact us and one of the team will be more than happy to help.
  7. A 5-star review by 'Seerat Adil' 12/12/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my landlord Toby for being so amazing. From day one till now, whenever i have had any problems or any questions you have been available will quick replies to my emails or phone calls . I have experienced other rentals as well and no one does so much for there tenants. Thank you Toby for all your help, I would definitely recommend MTM to all my friends in fact I have already started doing so.

All the best,

Many thanks,

Seerat Adil.

8. A 5-star review by 'Ashley' 19/11/2013

Gemma Case, Adam Tovey

Gemma CaseAdam Tovey

Gemma and Adam do a fantastic job at being the ones at MTM who are responsible for our properties. I have always found them highly professional in all the dealings that I have had with them. I highly recommend MTM Property Management as a company to do business with.

9. 5

A 1-star review by 'Flora Pottinger' 12/11/2013

BN1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was taking over someone else's tenancy and due to move in this weekend. However 2 days before I was due to move I received a phonecall from the agent saying I had been refused as a tenant by the landlady due to being on a zero hour contract with my job. I explained that I work full time hours and also have a guarantor but the agent wouldn't give me any chance to prove I could afford the rent. Thus I was left homeless with no help on how to resolve the situation. I had already paid £180 agency fees a couple of days before being told I couldn't move in and on asking for it back they said... (read more)

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“Actually help me instead of robbing me.”

10. View All Comments (1)by MTM  19/11/2013

Dear Flora, Thank you for your review. We work hard to provide a good service to all our tenants and landlords and have to make sure we look after the interest of both. You provided us with some incorrect information regarding your employment status which unfortunately led to your application being declined by a third party referencing firm. You signed a pre-contract agreement which stated that if you failed your application your agency feed are non-refundable, which is in line with standard industry procedure. Although we argued your case ultimately your application was declined by the landlord and the referencing company. If you would like further clarification feel free to contact us.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Gary Kenton' 5/11/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have always found the customer service and communication to be second to none, whatever the issue may be ,from buying a property through their sales dept , managing a property or querying a prospective tenant reference point..They always provide me with the very top end possible market rent for my properties and allow me to manage my own properties simply acting on a finders fee and taking the necessary references and providing the STA's etc.
    I have no hesitation in recommending them to fellow landlords who want a specialist Student Letting Agency to act for them.

12. A 5-star review by 'G. Luton' 3/9/2013

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Alex Cobb

Alex Cobb

Alex Cobb at MTM very quickly sourced a buyer for the property at a price that exceeded our expectations. He handled the whole process extremely efficiently. He never failed to communicate what was happening as the sale progressed, returned sphone calls promptly and without fail and was pro active in chasing up what needed doing to avoid delays. Altogether a very good experience and a highly professional approach.

13. A 5-star review by 'Melissa Robinson' 1/8/2013

Bn2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Me and my friends took a place with MTM last year as we didn't get halls. We were a bit wary as the uni said agents are bad but we have been very impressed. we saw a couple of places with other agents who were rude and pushy. MTM have been really good to us all the way - nice house, any repairs fixed quickly and helpful staff - we have mainly been dealing with Andrew who has been really good and gets any problems fixed quickly! I would definitely recommend them.

14. 1

A 5-star review by 'James' 26/7/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

MTM have been a fantastic company to deal with. I have used them for both letting and selling our property in Brighton. They have always kept me in the loop with everything that has been going on. Their communication has been great on every level. Andrew in particular has been a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for everything.

1. 1

A 5-star review by 'John Standing' 26/6/2013

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Andrew Gunner, Alex Cobb

Andrew GunnerAlex Cobb

Flexible about viewings and straightforward and pleasant people to deal with. They respond promptly to emails and managed the "deal" well between myself and the vendor afterwards. Only positive things to say about them.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'SussexUniStudent' 19/6/2013

Emma Tiplady, Gavin Kerriush

Emma TipladyGavin Kerriush

The staff were really friendly, helpful and enthusiastic! Really smooth tenancy with no hassle! I would definitely recommend MTM to other students looking to rent in Brighton.

3. 1

A 4-star review by 'Mark' 6/6/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I had great service and any problems that I have had have been sorted out quickly. I would be happy to recommend MTM to any of my fellow students.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'mind at ease' 5/6/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have recently moved to MTM from another agent. My experience of MTM compared to my last agent is the complete opposite and I am happy I have been moved. The phones and my emails are always answered and everyone is always friendly and professional. They have given me great advice regarding my previous agent and I now feel I am in save hands and feel happy I will be able to rent my flat for the forseeable future. Thank you MTM for being so effieicent and helpful.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Luke Poulton' 13/5/2013

Andrew Gunner, Alex Cobb

Andrew GunnerAlex Cobb

I am currently renting a property with MTM, the viewing and contract process was easy and efficient where the staff were helpful. I was shown around the house by Alex who had extremely good knowledge of the house and was really chatty offering us a lift to the next viewing. We decided on one of the houses after viewing several with MTM, what impressed us most was the range of houses they have - ranging from Kemp Town to Moulsecoomb at varying price levels meant we had a good number of options to choose from. Our contracts and deposits were dealt with by Andrew who again helped us a lot, and explained the Guarantor process to my Mother very well, she found him very helpful and polite. We have had no problems since living in the house and would definitely rent from MTM again.

6. 2

A 3-star review by 'MTM Tenant' 23/4/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been renting my property with MTM for about 7 months and have had minimal issues with the company. When there has been an issue they have dealt with it fairly quickly. My mates are also with the company and have also had a similar experience, which is why I am surprised to see so many negative reviews. I am going through the company for my property next year as the overall quality of properties seems better than other agencies around the area.

7. 6

A 1-star review by 'wjkanskjeah' 21/2/2013

Gemma Case, Adam Tovey

Gemma CaseAdam Tovey

This company is pure evil. They take an extortionate amount of money and then leave you with a house that's falling apart and a myriad of issues for you to deal with.

Any maintenance issues you have? HAH. Not a chance. You'll end up calling them every single day for months, and they will only start doing something about it when it's late enough in the year for people to start looking at the house.

The workers are extremely unprofessional. If you care about your privacy then think again; don't be surprised if you come home one day and there's a random maintenance man (that nobody was told was coming) standing in the living room.

We've had to put up with many many people traipsing through our house, taking pictures and making notes of this and that, and then nothing ever gets done to fix any problems.

Possibly the worst estate agent in Brighton.

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“It would have been great if they had actually done all the things they promised, and bothered to help fix our problems rather than ignoring us every time we emailed and laughing at us when we called.”

8. 7

A 1-star review by 'salmon' 17/1/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

MTM are a very unhelpful company. They are not interested in any of the tenants concerns and will try to do the minimal amount necessary. Avoid this company. Worst student lettings agency around.

9. 6

A 1-star review by 'xljx' 13/8/2012

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have had the worst experience with MTM and in my view they should no longer be allowed to operate. When we moved into our house it was dank, damp, unclean and there were creepers from the garden coming through a gap in the door and halfway across our living room. My own bedroom had a piece of graffitied MDF stuck halfway through the window. Staff are extremely rude and unhelpful and I was actually laughed at when ringing to chase up a maintenance problem that had been left unattended for 6 months. We were also expected to attempt to FIX our own electrical system when it failed which is stupid and severely dangerous. The maintenance man employed was homophobic and racist and seldom actually fixed the problem he was contracted to work on. We are in the process of getting our deposit back currently and have been saddled with huge deductions for reasons that are either non-existent or were far FAR worse when we moved into the property ourselves. I don't know how to further stress what a terrible company MTM is but under NO circumstances should anyone choose to use them.

10. 8

A 1-star review by 'BTC' 7/6/2012

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

As a first year who had missed out on housing and had been thrown together with a group of 4 other students, we didn't know what to expect. Nothing prepared us for the encounter.
    We had scouted out various areas and decided on Moulsecoomb and saw many properties belonging to MTM. We (foolishly) decided to go on several viewings with them on a uni house hunt day. Alex showed us several awful properties but nothing could prepare us for the house we soul crushingly ended up with.
    The so called "xxx xxx" was only chosen (by anxious parents) at the promise that improvement works... (read more)

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“Actually done the job required. It took them 8 weeks to fix a light fitting.”

Page: