Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

MTM Property Services

Agent rating: 3.3 out of 5.0 based on 24 ratings. This website contains 24 user reviews of MTM Property Services.

Offices / Branches

• 9 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

13 out of 49
in the BN2 League Tables
40 out of 151
in the Brighton League Tables
2903 out of 21381
in the UK

Agent Information

A description of MTM Property Services is currently unavailable.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

• Fri: -
  • Sat: -
  • Sun: -

Registered With

Not registered with any of the regulatory bodies.

Areas Covered

No areas covered

MTM Property Services has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use MTM Property Services, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 19-Apr-2014 11:23:47

1. A 5-star review by 'Cameron' 13/3/2014

BN3

10/10

Our dealing with MTM property have been of the utmost excellence. I was living in Brighton prior to renting through MTM and had a lot of trouble with my house before and the estate agents were extremely slack and didn't show much care or consideration of our well being. This year has been a very pleasant change as MTM are a great company to rent from. We regularly receive emails to check that there are no outstanding problems in our property and any we have had, they've tried to resolve as quickly as possible. They've got a very friendly manner. I would absolutely recommend them to anybody looking for new property!

2. A 5-star review by 'Lena' 9/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

MTM have managed my property for a number of years now and have always provided an excellent service. There will always be conflict between landlord and tenant (I was a tenant for many years before buying my property so I am, sympathetic to the conflict from both sides) and MTM have always been very good at managing this relationship. When I have been asked to pay for certain things in the property, they have provided a balanced view and on many occasions have spoken up for tenants when they believed it was fair for me to pay. Equally when my property has been damaged willfully, they have been fair to me by ensuring fair compensation.

Thank you for providing a reassuringly professional service.

3. 2

A 1-star review by 'Aisha' 26/2/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Would you use the agent again? No

Can you give a zero star review?

Be very careful of this little outfit. However good the properties might be, their badly worded and amateurish contracts are full of inconsistencies and contradictions and pretty much place the onus for anything that can go wrong on the tenants.

They are predatory and want to extract as much money as possible from tenants to assist their own cash flow, in various different ways. Their staff are variously incompetent, arrogant, condescending, and patronising. The director of the agency, one Tony Hamilton, is the owner of a number of the properties they rent to students.

Do not believe a word they say, and be sure to ensure that everything is confirmed in writing and signed by a competent person.

I have far more to say but will hold back until a more appropriate time. AVOID !!

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“They need to be honest, use properly written contracts, learn to treat tenants with respect. We understand that the landlord, not the tenant, is the client but the tenant provides the income without which there would be no clients.”

4. A 4-star review by 'Rema' 27/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been renting with MTM since the past 2 years and when I first entered the property, I was amazed at the level of cleanliness. Whenever there has been maintenance issues, our landlord Toby, has dealt with the problems promptly. I have always received the necessary information about the tenancy and procedures involved with renting. As a student it can be overwhelming when it comes to renting your own place, however the staff at MTM, have always explained and made things easy to understand.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Brightonuni student' 16/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

As a tenant in a student house we dealt with MTM a lot. The first issue was apparent after my first experience of them, pushing me to pay up straight away, and paying for a month in advance despite none of the tenants actually moving in til well after that and so by the time we moved in we'd paid twice already for rent. Also they played us housemates off each other before we even knew each other to pressure us to pay up faster (although completely unnecessary). We have also recieved random unfair charges for rent being paid late despite never paying the rent late in the slightest, and other unexpected charges that came from no where. We all also are recipients to rudeness and bad attitude almost every time we get in contact with our agent. Absolutely dreadful experience of mtm.

6. A 5-star review by 'Seerat Adil' 12/12/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my landlord Toby for being so amazing. From day one till now, whenever i have had any problems or any questions you have been available will quick replies to my emails or phone calls . I have experienced other rentals as well and no one does so much for there tenants. Thank you Toby for all your help, I would definitely recommend MTM to all my friends in fact I have already started doing so.

All the best,

Many thanks,

Seerat Adil.

7. A 5-star review by 'Ashley' 19/11/2013

Gemma Case, Adam Tovey
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Gemma and Adam do a fantastic job at being the ones at MTM who are responsible for our properties. I have always found them highly professional in all the dealings that I have had with them. I highly recommend MTM Property Management as a company to do business with.

8. 5

A 1-star review by 'Flora Pottinger' 12/11/2013

BN1
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was taking over someone else's tenancy and due to move in this weekend. However 2 days before I was due to move I received a phonecall from the agent saying I had been refused as a tenant by the landlady due to being on a zero hour contract with my job. I explained that I work full time hours and also have a guarantor but the agent wouldn't give me any chance to prove I could afford the rent. Thus I was left homeless with no help on how to resolve the situation. I had already paid £180 agency fees a couple of days before being told I couldn't move in and on asking for it back they said... (read more)

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“Actually help me instead of robbing me.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (1)by MTM  19/11/2013

Dear Flora, Thank you for your review. We work hard to provide a good service to all our tenants and landlords and have to make sure we look after the interest of both. You provided us with some incorrect information regarding your employment status which unfortunately led to your application being declined by a third party referencing firm. You signed a pre-contract agreement which stated that if you failed your application your agency feed are non-refundable, which is in line with standard industry procedure. Although we argued your case ultimately your application was declined by the landlord and the referencing company. If you would like further clarification feel free to contact us.
  10. A 5-star review by 'Gary Kenton' 5/11/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have always found the customer service and communication to be second to none, whatever the issue may be ,from buying a property through their sales dept , managing a property or querying a prospective tenant reference point..They always provide me with the very top end possible market rent for my properties and allow me to manage my own properties simply acting on a finders fee and taking the necessary references and providing the STA's etc.
    I have no hesitation in recommending them to fellow landlords who want a specialist Student Letting Agency to act for them.

11. A 5-star review by 'G. Luton' 3/9/2013

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Alex Cobb
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Alex Cobb at MTM very quickly sourced a buyer for the property at a price that exceeded our expectations. He handled the whole process extremely efficiently. He never failed to communicate what was happening as the sale progressed, returned sphone calls promptly and without fail and was pro active in chasing up what needed doing to avoid delays. Altogether a very good experience and a highly professional approach.

1. A 5-star review by 'Melissa Robinson' 1/8/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Me and my friends took a place with MTM last year as we didn't get halls. We were a bit wary as the uni said agents are bad but we have been very impressed. we saw a couple of places with other agents who were rude and pushy. MTM have been really good to us all the way - nice house, any repairs fixed quickly and helpful staff - we have mainly been dealing with Andrew who has been really good and gets any problems fixed quickly! I would definitely recommend them.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'James' 26/7/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

MTM have been a fantastic company to deal with. I have used them for both letting and selling our property in Brighton. They have always kept me in the loop with everything that has been going on. Their communication has been great on every level. Andrew in particular has been a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for everything.

3. 1

A 5-star review by 'John Standing' 26/6/2013

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Andrew Gunner, Alex Cobb
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Flexible about viewings and straightforward and pleasant people to deal with. They respond promptly to emails and managed the "deal" well between myself and the vendor afterwards. Only positive things to say about them.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'SussexUniStudent' 19/6/2013

Emma Tiplady, Gavin Kerriush
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The staff were really friendly, helpful and enthusiastic! Really smooth tenancy with no hassle! I would definitely recommend MTM to other students looking to rent in Brighton.

5. 1

A 4-star review by 'Mark' 6/6/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had great service and any problems that I have had have been sorted out quickly. I would be happy to recommend MTM to any of my fellow students.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'mind at ease' 5/6/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have recently moved to MTM from another agent. My experience of MTM compared to my last agent is the complete opposite and I am happy I have been moved. The phones and my emails are always answered and everyone is always friendly and professional. They have given me great advice regarding my previous agent and I now feel I am in save hands and feel happy I will be able to rent my flat for the forseeable future. Thank you MTM for being so effieicent and helpful.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Luke Poulton' 13/5/2013

Andrew Gunner, Alex Cobb
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am currently renting a property with MTM, the viewing and contract process was easy and efficient where the staff were helpful. I was shown around the house by Alex who had extremely good knowledge of the house and was really chatty offering us a lift to the next viewing. We decided on one of the houses after viewing several with MTM, what impressed us most was the range of houses they have - ranging from Kemp Town to Moulsecoomb at varying price levels meant we had a good number of options to choose from. Our contracts and deposits were dealt with by Andrew who again helped us a lot, and explained the Guarantor process to my Mother very well, she found him very helpful and polite. We have had no problems since living in the house and would definitely rent from MTM again.

8. 2

A 3-star review by 'MTM Tenant' 23/4/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been renting my property with MTM for about 7 months and have had minimal issues with the company. When there has been an issue they have dealt with it fairly quickly. My mates are also with the company and have also had a similar experience, which is why I am surprised to see so many negative reviews. I am going through the company for my property next year as the overall quality of properties seems better than other agencies around the area.

9. 6

A 1-star review by 'wjkanskjeah' 21/2/2013

Gemma Case, Adam Tovey
    Would you use the agent again? No

This company is pure evil. They take an extortionate amount of money and then leave you with a house that's falling apart and a myriad of issues for you to deal with.

Any maintenance issues you have? HAH. Not a chance. You'll end up calling them every single day for months, and they will only start doing something about it when it's late enough in the year for people to start looking at the house.

The workers are extremely unprofessional. If you care about your privacy then think again; don't be surprised if you come home one day and there's a random maintenance man (that nobody was told was coming) standing in the living room.

We've had to put up with many many people traipsing through our house, taking pictures and making notes of this and that, and then nothing ever gets done to fix any problems.

Possibly the worst estate agent in Brighton.

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“It would have been great if they had actually done all the things they promised, and bothered to help fix our problems rather than ignoring us every time we emailed and laughing at us when we called.”

10. 7

A 1-star review by 'salmon' 17/1/2013

Would you use the agent again? No

MTM are a very unhelpful company. They are not interested in any of the tenants concerns and will try to do the minimal amount necessary. Avoid this company. Worst student lettings agency around.

1. 6

A 1-star review by 'xljx' 13/8/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

We have had the worst experience with MTM and in my view they should no longer be allowed to operate. When we moved into our house it was dank, damp, unclean and there were creepers from the garden coming through a gap in the door and halfway across our living room. My own bedroom had a piece of graffitied MDF stuck halfway through the window. Staff are extremely rude and unhelpful and I was actually laughed at when ringing to chase up a maintenance problem that had been left unattended for 6 months. We were also expected to attempt to FIX our own electrical system when it failed which is stupid and severely dangerous. The maintenance man employed was homophobic and racist and seldom actually fixed the problem he was contracted to work on. We are in the process of getting our deposit back currently and have been saddled with huge deductions for reasons that are either non-existent or were far FAR worse when we moved into the property ourselves. I don't know how to further stress what a terrible company MTM is but under NO circumstances should anyone choose to use them.

2. 8

A 1-star review by 'BTC' 7/6/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

As a first year who had missed out on housing and had been thrown together with a group of 4 other students, we didn't know what to expect. Nothing prepared us for the encounter.
    We had scouted out various areas and decided on Moulsecoomb and saw many properties belonging to MTM. We (foolishly) decided to go on several viewings with them on a uni house hunt day. Alex showed us several awful properties but nothing could prepare us for the house we soul crushingly ended up with.
    The so called "xxx xxx" was only chosen (by anxious parents) at the promise that improvement works... (read more)

What could MTM Property Services do to change your mind??

“Actually done the job required. It took them 8 weeks to fix a light fitting.”

3. 8

A 1-star review by 'student_tenant' 12/3/2012

Toby
    Would you use the agent again? No

All staff, including Toby, (the owner) are extremely rude and unhelpful. They will put on a show when you are viewing houses, but once that contract is signed and you've moved in don't expect any help with anything that's broken. They exploit the fact they deal with students, some of which may be naive, and it is impossible to get the same response to any question from different members of staff. They are quick to try and charge you for damage, which includes not leaving properties clean when you move out, even though when we moved in there was the remains of food in the oven, and not a single clean room in the house- despite having all houses 'professionally cleaned' before new tenants move in. This wouldn't be a problem if you weren't threatened with inflated charges for leaving dust on shelves when you leave! I can't leave exact details as I am still with MTM and I don't want any ramifications before my lease is up, but please take me advice: save yourself the money (they're most expensive for student letting in Brighton) and the raised blood pressure, go with someone else!

4. 8

A 1-star review by 'Bethany' 10/9/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Possibly the worst letting agency in the world, black listed by Sussex University and all students should avoid this place like the plague!
    Rude, unproffesional and seem to know what they're doing but clearly do not.
    Their offices are a table in which they all sit around, talking all day and rudely answering emails and calls. When I went in to pay rent one time, I heard one of the receptionist end a phone conversation with a tenant and refer to her as a 'stupid bitch'. Wonder what they say about us all out of ear shot!
    Anyway, never go, protest against and make redundant. They deserve it.