Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Meller Braggins

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 64 ratings. This website contains 64 user reviews of Meller Braggins.

Filter Reviews

• 62 recommend
  • 2 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Meller Braggins is currently unavailable.

Meller Braggins has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Meller Braggins, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page of 3)

Page last updated on: 20-Dec-2014 17:51:45

1. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jane W' 19/12/2014

Stephen
    CW9
    £325000

Stephen

From the very beginning I trusted Stephen and the team (who were all friendly, helpful, efficient and easy to deal with ) to sell my property at the right price and as quickly as possible. When difficulties arose Stephen was a calming influence at the end of a phone, with good advice and a plan of action.
    I consider my self to be extremely fortunate to have chosen Meller - Braggins to sell my property and would recommend, particularly the Northwich team, to anyone.

2. A 5-star review by 'Eva E Holmes' 17/12/2014

Lisa Collar, James Venables
    £510000

Lisa CollarJames Venables

First made contact with Meller Braggins in Wilmslow in 2009 following death of my husband & considered putting my large property on market - from that initial contact I have felt that Meller Braggins were Agents I could deal with. Can't give reason, it is visceral. In 2014 I finally decided to sell Mansard Cottage where I had lived for 37 years so not a easy decision. Lisa Collar branch manager came out & was not only confident & positive about my home she made sure I was not unduly pressured in making quick decisions, she has kept on top of the sale process without unnecessary interference while James Venables negotiated throughout the sometimes fraught process. We have reached exchange & completion is in day or two - & I am still standing, with overall a positive impression of the Agents. Would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AVERAGE FEES CHARGED ON PRICE. VAT DOES BUMP UP THE PRICE , COULD BE MADE CLEARER THE FINAL COST.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Chris & Dawn' 15/12/2014

£605000

Richard GreenhamHayden Bennett

Richard & Hayden provided a very thorough and professional service throughout the transaction. In the face of complications both Richard & Hayden remained calm, level headed and extremely helpful. We were looked after during the entire sale process and what can sometimes be a very stressful experience was made much easier and straight forward by their professional approach.

4. A 5-star review by 'Scholes' 15/12/2014

£137000

Sally Woodall

After accepting an offer, the sale was proceeding slowly due to the buyer using an out of town and online Solicitor. After lots of messing about Sally took a hold of the case for us and chased the buyer and the Solicitors through to completion. We were very grateful for this as the out of town Solicitors were using Trainees and Meller Braggins have got lots of experience selling properties in this area. I would certainly use them again and their personal service is second to none. They always phone back and don't hide behind emails like most agents seem to do. If buying through them it would certainly be worth using a local Solicitor they recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LOWER THAN THE COMPETITIONND NEGOTIABLE UNLIKE THE OTHER AGENTS WE APPROACHED WHO HAVE A FIXED FEE.”

5. A 4-star review by 'Nolan' 14/12/2014

Alison poyle
    cw97
    £285000

Alison poyle

Good service, marketed the house well, good communication especially Alison poyle.Very happy to have sold our house for the right price quite quick. And easy

6. A 5-star review by 'Gerald Evans' 10/12/2014

£115000

Richard CapperSally Woodall

From the moment I met the Agent to discuss the sale of the property I felt my choice of company and decision to put the sale in their hands was one of relief knowing I had the support of a professional team dedicated to help me at a time that is often stressful .
    I was kept informed constantly and given advice when required . My relationship with all members of the team developed into one of trust, confidence and dependability. If in the future I decide to sell property I would not hesitate to put the sale in the totally reliable hands of Meller Braggins and would recommend them highly to any prospective client .
    many thanks to everyone at the Stockton Heath branch.

7. A 5-star review by 'E Rowlands' 9/12/2014

wa4
    £420000

Richard

The move went very well.

Despite it being a long, stretched-out, often anxious sale and purchase, at every stage, I knew I could rely on you for sound, reasonable, humour-laiden, subtley irrereverent, but always professional advice. Please be assured that it was all greatly appreciated.

Sally and Ann were equally excellent members of your team. And way back in the mists of early time, all conversations with Stafford Cleaver were refreshingly open and honest.

If you're striving to align yourselves with the stereotypically, much maligned image and reputation of an estate agent, you're failing!

Standard agent : 1 out of 10 and a shivver down the spine.
    Meller Braggins : 11 out of 10 and a metaphorical arm around your shoulder.

At all times, I was unwaiveringly confident that I had chosen the right estate agent.

Without hesitation or qualification, I would recommend your services.

Many thanks

8. A 5-star review by 'Jan Gibson' 9/12/2014

Tara Palmer
    Wa16
    £217000

Tara Palmer

Excellent service, Tara always rang back if she was busy on phone or not in. Helpful advice, always cheerful and was able to calm me down when I was having a bit of a panic towards the end. Thank you!

9. A 5-star review by 'Margaret Herrity' 8/12/2014

Sally Woodall, Anne Firth
    £167000

Sally WoodallAnne Firth

I found both Sally and Anne at Meller Braggins, Stockton Heath to be very helpful at all times.
    They found a buyer for my property within 2 weeks of putting it on the market, I would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WOULD ALWAYS LIKE THE COMMISSION TO BE A LITTLE LESS.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Nicky Owen' 5/12/2014

Richard GreenhamHayden Bennett

In selling a property and searching for a new one, I experienced the service and style of many of the Knutsford Estate Agents, some good, some less so. Meller Braggins was excellent. The agents were accessible, professional, assiduous and courteous in the service they gave. Without the drive and commitment of Richard and Hayden, I doubt we would have got the deal over the line!

My thanks

1. A 5-star review by 'Lee' 5/12/2014

Hayden Bennett, Ben Durham
    £356000

Hayden BennettBen Durham

Hayden and Ben will both really helpful to us in getting us a smooth process to buy our new house. They will prompt at contacting the vendor over points of negotiation and willing to listen when we had certain concerns. At the back end they were also great with getting us access to the property to get things cleaned prior to us arriving with all our stuff. Call backs were always prompt and the service always professional but very friendly. Would happily use again.

2. A 5-star review by 'Lisa Duncalf' 22/11/2014

Alison Poyle, declan
    CW8
    £220000

Alison Poyledeclan

I recently sold my late fathers property through Meller Braggins and found them very helpful every step of the way. The staff were also very easy to talk too. Many thanks to Alison and Declan for all there help.

3. A 5-star review by 'June Gibbard' 21/11/2014

£310000

Richard CapperSally Woodall

Meller Braggins (Stockton Heath) has managed my property for a number of years whilst it was rented out. Last month, the property was sold through the professional marketing planning advice from Richard Capper. Once the property was on the market, Sally Woodall and Anne Firth closely followed up the whole process and continuously kept me updated along the way. I am very grateful for their supportive and efficient service they provided. I would gladly recommend their service to my family and friends.

4. A 5-star review by 'Elisa Taylor' 16/11/2014

Alison Poyle
    CW8
    £260000

Alison Poyle

Recently used Meller Braggins, Northwich to sell our family home - couldn't have asked for a better service. Not only did they market the house excellent, the level of service from the staff was fantastic, they helped us all the way along the journey and made what was a very stressful time that little more easy. Would and will defiantly be recommending this Estate Agent to friends and family. Thank you so much Stephen and Alison for all your help and patience!!

5. A 5-star review by 'Richard Yarwood' 11/11/2014

£545000

Richard GreenhamHayden Bennett

Richard and I felt very well looked after by Hayden Bennett, Assistant Sales Manager. He explained the process very clearly and was always there for us every step. We were most impressed in the way Hayden worked with the estate agent we were selling our house through to keep all dealings and situations linked up. We felt confident to know that Hayden kept close attention to the process daily.

6. A 5-star review by 'Adam Harris' 5/11/2014

Andrew , Jackie Wayman
    SK10
    £190000

Andrew Jackie Wayman

Weichert Workforce Mobility instructed Meller Braggins back in November 2013 to sell a vacant property acquired within an Employer Relocation scheme. At all times Andrew / Sharon and Jackie kept my team fully informed and supported us regularly with survey and maintenance issues throughout the marketing and eventual transaction. Despite 2 abortive sales - through no fault of the Agents - Andrew and his team never faltered in their effots to secure a new purchaser. Andrew and his team were attentative and honest - even when they had "bad news" for me, and always had a solution. The whole team's tenacity and committment was constant - which is why we completed on the sale in late September and stuck with Meller Braggins throughout. I am an ex Central London Agent with 20 years experience and would be happy to recommend Andrew and his fantastic Team - and would re-intruct tomorrow should the need arise.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE - PARTICULARLY GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF WORK THE TEAM PUT IN THROUGHOUT 10 MONTHS INSTRUCTION”

7. A 5-star review by 'Paul Spijkers' 10/10/2014

£297000

James Venables

Have worked with James on the purchase of our new home in Wilmslow throughout the process. He has shown to be pro-active in his behaviour, which was very helpful in obtaining a successful completion. Also it was a pleasure to work with him, kept me informed of relevant development. I would recommend both the branch and James personally.

8. A 5-star review by 'Alistair' 2/10/2014

Lisa Collar, James Venables
    £230000

Lisa CollarJames Venables

Extremely happy with the service from going onto the market, offer for the asking price (which was very carefully considered by Lisa), through to the sale getting completed by James right through to exchange of contracts, all within a month. Very friendly, knowledgeable, communicative staff who dealt with my relatively minor stresses in the grand scheme of things very well. A friend has also used you in the past, with good feedback as well. Many, many thanks for a relatively stress free house sale with a reasonable commission as well.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES VERY REASONABLE - THE NEW BRANCH MANAGER IS ACTIVELY BUILDING A GOOD STOCK AND CLEARLY WORKS WELL WITHT HER TEAM. VERY HAPPY WITH THE FEES FOR THE SERVICE RECEIVED, WHICH ALSO REALISED ME A GOOD MARKET PRICE IN MY OPINION.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Paul Bagnall' 1/10/2014

£290000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Richard Greenham

Richard Greenham was a great help in achieving a very swift purchase - from offer to completion took just 33 days. No fuss, no nonsense, just an excellent result!

10. A 5-star review by 'monica' 29/9/2014

elayne Bagnall
    £345000

elayne Bagnall

Elayne Bagnell the agent was so helpful on our many visits to decided if the property was the right one for us.
    She was always on time to meet us for the viewings and gave us lots of information and helpful advice
    on the other properties we view with her.
    We would therefore always use and recommend Meller Braggins.

1. A 5-star review by 'barbara' 25/9/2014

sk11
    £285000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All the staff at the Branch were brilliant. They gave the correct valuation guidelines. We sold the property a week after putting it on the market.

They kept us well informed of all the viewers offers, comments and requests.

They also helped with issues regarding our purchase. Their local knowledge and recommendations helped us with the sales/purchase process

2. A 5-star review by 'Robert Rugen' 25/9/2014

£574500

Richard Capper

My wife and I were fortunate enough to purchase our new home with the help of Meller Braggins and the entire experience was a pleasure from start to finish. They understand the pressure and emotion attached to a home purchase and showed the highest levels of consideration and professionalism at all times. Calls were returned promptly and the teams communication means that whilst a dedicated point of contact is provided, when needed other members can progress matters on their behalf if required. Out of hours viewings were never an issue and the highest level of service was offered at all... (read more)

3. A 5-star review by 'Tony Buckley' 24/9/2014

£301500

Sally Woodall

I cannot speak highly enough of the service provided to us by Meller Braggins in Stockton Heath as we went through the process of selling our house.

It wasn't the price on offer that first attracted us to Meller Braggins in Stockton Heath; to be honest, we could have gone with a different agent at a lower cost. What made us choose Meller Braggins was their approach, the idea that we and they were selling a home not just realising the value of an asset.

Through the whole process of placing on the market, organising viewings, managing offers, putting back on the market when an accepted... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT\'S FEES WERE NOT THE LOWEST ON OFFER IN THE AREA; OTHERS OFFERED A LOWER HEADLINE PERCENTAGE FOR HANDLING THE SALE. HOWEVER, THERE WAS SOME ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION TO AN ACCEPTABLE FEE, AND FOR THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED FROM MELLER BRAGGINS I DON\'T BEGRUDGE THEM A PENNY OF WHAT WE PAID. THEY WORKED HAND IN HAND WITH US AT EVERY STAGE AND TOGETHER WE ACHIEVED A GOOD PRICE FOR THE HOUSE WE SOLD.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Mr Satisfied' 20/9/2014

wa4
    £388000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

First and foremost Meller Braggins has once again delivered for us . We bought our bungalow from them 5 years ago, it was an easy sale without any hurdles to overcome. When we decided to sell, the original professional service we received from Meller Braggins came to the fore in deciding who to go with. The sale process was very easy, Richard, the initial opener, was enthusiastic in regards to being able to sell our property and at the price we wanted. They revisited our property to measure up, and sent in a professional photographer to take the photos. Then they published the details on the internet and started to promote the bungalow. Within a week we had 3 viewings and 3 offers at our asking price. The interest and knowledge of the property by Richard & Sally proved a boon to the sale.
    Thanks!

5. A 5-star review by 'Victoria' 4/9/2014

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Rent PCM
    £1000

Elayne Bagnall

Elayne was really lovely, she went out of her way to find a suitable property for us within our budget. She was always available and approachable to talk on the phone and we have developed a really nice working relationship through this process. All other staff members at Meller Braggins were also extremely helpful and friendly. Best customer service by a mile! I would highly recommend Meller Braggins and I will definitely use their services again in the future.

6. A 5-star review by 'James and Sophie' 3/9/2014

Andrew Whitaker, Jackie Wayman
    CW12
    £215000

Andrew WhitakerJackie Wayman

We cannot recommend Mellor Braggins Macclesfield enough.

We used them for our sale and bought our new property through them.

Through-out our year of searching for a house to buy they kept in touch and informed us of any properties which may actually have been of interest to us rather than sending through endless automated adverts like other estate agents.

Once we found the property we wanted to buy they helped us secure a deal we were comfortable with and shortly after found us a buyer for our house. They managed the whole process from start to finish, keeping us updated and pushing on solicitors who sought to delay the process.

A more friendly, helpful and professional estate agents you could not hope to find.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE PROVIDED.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Emma' 2/9/2014

Sk9
    Rent PCM
    £1300

Elayne Bagnall

Elayne provided a top notch service keeping me informed of progress throughout. The process was smooth, timely and delivered against my needs. Elayne is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with, I would not hesitate to use Meller Braggins again and highly recommend.
    Regards,
    Emma

8. A 5-star review by 'JR' 31/8/2014

Sk8
    £167500

James Venables

Good advice to start the sale and plenty of viewing arranged for the property. Excellent updates with clear information, so I could make informed decisions at each stage.
    James was professional, concise and friendly.

9. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Donoghue' 30/8/2014

Ben Durham, Richard Greenham
    £425000

Ben DurhamRichard Greenham

Today, we collected the keys to our new property. The property purchase process was smooth and relatively speedy thanks to the professional manner of the staff in Meller Braggins, Knutsford. We were kept informed at every stage of the process, all our enquiries were answered quickly and efficiently. I would not hesitate to use Meller Braggins in the future.

10. A 5-star review by 'Matt' 28/8/2014

Sk9
    £875000

James Venables

Dealt with James Venables. He assisted in the negotiations with the vendors. He was very professional in all dealings and was good at keeping the deal momentum maintained.

1. A 5-star review by 'DBE' 25/8/2014

Richard Greenham, Andrew Whitaker
    £500000

Richard GreenhamAndrew Whitaker

There was a time some years ago when some estate agents were grouped with back-street used car salesmen as being rather low down in the professionalism stakes. Not any more, maybe and certainly not in the case of Meller Braggins Ltd. at Knutsford.

As it turned out, we became not only their clients, but also their customers, and in each case they were always approachable, friendly, very prompt in their actions and very professional. Thanks to all we dealt with - Mr Dallimore, Richard, Andrew, Katherine, and the two Clares - and we are very happy in our new home.

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

2. A 5-star review by 'SB' 21/8/2014

£269950

Andrew

An excellent service from Meller Braggins. Andrew gave me the confidence to market the property through them and had done all of his homework to come up with the correct marketing price.
    All of the team chased solicitors and other agents very successfully to ensure a smooth sale.
    Many thanks.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES APPEARED TO BE FAIR.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Geoff Hill' 21/8/2014

james venables

james venables

James went beyond the call of duty to keep us informed and updated throughout one of the most frustrating house buying situations. He was always calm, knowledgeable. He listened carefully and could be relied upon to progress our case. If he said he would do something we knew it would done and thoroughly.

4. A 5-star review by 'Hideaway' 12/8/2014

Richard Capper, Claire Grove
    £420000

Richard CapperClaire Grove

I owned Hideaway, 4 bed bungalow, from 1989 until its recent sale August 2014. During this time Hideway was mostly rented as I worked overseas and in different areas of the UK. Meller Braggins were my letting agent for the majority of this time, always found reliable tenants and managed the property in a professional maner. Despite their thorough referencing one or two tenats proved to be problematic however Meller Braggins always managed the tenancy intelligently and resolved all problems. I can thoroughly recommend their rental and management services.

In April 2014 I decided to sell Hideaway and was guided through the process by Richard Capper and through an open day approach in early May secured considerable interest in the property resulting in a firm offer that I accepted. The sale has completed in August and throughout the survey and enquires on the property with both buyer and seller remote from the Warrington area, Meller braggins co-ordinated matters very effectively. I can thoroughly recommend the sales services from Meller braggins.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT FEES WERE SET IN LIGHT OF MY HAVING BEEN A CLIENT FOR OVER 20 YEARS.”

5. A 5-star review by 'J. Price' 8/8/2014

£499999
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They worked very hard to help us and kept us updated at all times. Well done.
    They were local so I could drop in for updates. They are friendly and professional.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY SOLD OUR HOUSE, WELL DONE”

6. A 5-star review by 'Mary and Norman' 4/8/2014

£485000

Richard Capper

Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Richard Capper and the Meller Braggins team, our house sold within eleven days of going on the market, achieving the full asking price. From start to finish we received excellent advice from Richard and found his professional and enthusiastic attitude made the sale of our house stress-free. We would highly recomment Meller Braggins to all prospective vendors.

7. A 4-star review by 'Grahame' 4/8/2014

£250000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I recently sold my house through Meller Braggins' Knutsford office. Their representitives inspected and measured the property one Wednesday: on the following Monday, I had six viewers and I agreed a sale with one of them on either the Tuesday or Wednesday. That sale completed without a hitch.
    At the same time, I bought my new home through Meller Braggins. Throughout these dealings they were most helpful and professional.
    Despite the fact that they are (one of) the oldest firms of estate agents in the town, they operate in a most efficient manner and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any seller or buyer.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT\'S FEES WERE VERY MUCH IN-LINE WITH THE COMPETITION”

8. A 5-star review by 'Gerald Tebb' 30/7/2014

£483000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We had an excellent service all the way through the process. We were updated with any changes in the process as they happened. All the staff were aware of the property and were extremely helpful. I have now bought or sold nine properties, having relocated a number of times. This is without doubt the best service I have had.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE I PAID WAS VERY COMPETITIVE”

9. A 5-star review by 'Julie and Mike' 30/7/2014

£222000

Richard CapperSally Woodall

Richard Capper and Sally Woodall offered us the most exceptional service when we requested they put our house on the market We agreed with Richard the price we wanted to sell for using the advice he gave us and this price was maintained through out the process of negotiations and we did not once feel under pressure to accept less than our desired price. As recommended by Richard we had an open house on day 5 of the house being on the market which subsequently led to by day 11 we had sold our house subject to contract.
    We were constantly updated until the sale had gone through and whenever we had a query nothing was to much trouble for Richard or Sally. We lived 65 miles away from the house we where selling and felt every thing was in such capable hands. Genuine people, exceptional service and highly recommended.

10. A 5-star review by 'A Bargery' 22/5/2014

Wa4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We put our property on the market with this agent and have had nothing but the best service, professionalism and friendly advice. They marketed our property perfectly, changing photos at our request and only sending people who had already sold or who were in rental. We accepted an offer within a week of it being on the market! I would recommend Meller Braggins immediately to anyone thinking about selling or buying as the team have been brilliant!

1. A 5-star review by 'Andrea Rawsthorne' 29/4/2014

Wa45

Richard Capper

I myself had Mellor Braggins recommended to me by a friend due to there service. I has struggled selling my house in the past so I jumped at this advice. I was not disappointed. From the first initial meeting with Richard, I was struck by how professional, but how caring he and the company were. Richard updated me regularly with the activity, then was also very officiant when the offer finally came in. The buyers were very difficult and made it very hard for me, but Richard and Sally were fantastic in not only meeting my needs, but they very professionally handle the buyers, particular, approach. All in all I can't thank Mellor Braggins and the team enough for everything they did for me through my successful house sale. Thank you team. You are really appreciated

2. A 5-star review by 'Clive' 28/4/2014

Cw10

Richard Greenham

Richard was absolutely fantastic, he managed the small chain well keeping both me and my buyer happy and informed. He asked many awkward questions on my behalf and gave me a couple of contacts for tradesmen that have also been excellent. He also negotiated the price we were aiming for. All round great service.

3. A 5-star review by 'Michael Alcock' 16/4/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

From the initial consultation through to putting the house on the open market & the eventual sale I was kept totally informed of all proceedings & left with complete confidence as to what the outcome would be.I was dealt with in a professional manner having all stages of the sale process explained in a friendly & helpful manner.
    The knowledge & expertise of all the team was only to be applauded & would give my full recommendation to anyone wanting to sell a property without the stress.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Daniel O\'Donnell' 16/4/2014

Andrew

Andrew was very frank about the asking price we should set for the house, and realistic, whereas in the past I have had my fingers burnt with Estate Agents (Foxtons) who advise a very high sale price, lock you in to a long contract with them at a ridiculous commission, then you find yourself unable to sell at that level and have to lower the asking price and still incur the high commission.

Throughout the sale they balanced being proactive when necessary to keep things moving on, without ever feeling like they were herding us along to get their commission.

I do have a gripe with the industry as a whole in that the agents charge more than the solicitors, and an extremely high amount, which seems less and less good value with sites such as Rightmove. However, as far as estate Agents go, they were very professional and nice people to deal with!

5. A 5-star review by 'Karen Thomson' 14/4/2014

Nigel Lammas, Jackie Wayman
    SK10

Nigel LammasJackie Wayman

We received great service from the staff at Mellor Braggins. We had two properties to sell, one business and one residential. Although it took a little while, the two sale went ahead smoothly. The hold ups all came from third parties and/or their solicitors. All the ladies were very helpful and kept us informed at every stage. The manager gave us some great advice and we ended up saving money because of him. We would not hesitate in using them again in the future.

6. A 5-star review by 'David & Sandra Miller' 13/4/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

Having not moved house for thirty-three years and never ever use the services of an Estate Agent before, we contacted MELLER BRAGGINS with plenty of trepidation. From the moment we first spoke to Richard Capper to Sally Woodall (Negotiator) completing the sale, the total service MELLER BRAGGINS provided us with was first class. Our anxieties were completely unfounded.

Our property was valued at a price that we believed was right for the market at that time and we received an offer within 24 hours of the going on the market. This offer was professionally negotiated to a (very) acceptable... (read more)

7. A 5-star review by 'andrew milligan' 8/4/2014

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Meller Braggins sent round 6 potential purchasers within the first 4 weeks, the 7th visitor proceded to purchase the house. The chain was very convoluted but Jackie kept us up to date with precarious ramifications.
    The sales pack prepared by Meller Braggins was very professional and their staff very courteous throughout.

8. A 4-star review by 'Sredders' 4/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Andrew from Meller Braggins provided an exceptional service in both selling our old home in the first weekend and finding us our new home.

9. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Jayne Rudge' 31/3/2014

Sally Woodall, Richard Capper
    Wa4

Sally WoodallRichard Capper

From the moment we met Richard Capper from Mellor Braggins , we were impressed with his professional approach and knew we had made the right choice, but weren't prepared for our house to be sold within the first 24 hours !!!! After getting over the shock , we were introduced to Sally , she continued with her professional understanding and maintained contact with us every week to update on the chain . we have received first class customer service and would have no hesitation recommending Richard , Sally and his team to anyone looking to sell their property.

10. A 5-star review by 'Charles Cunningham' 31/3/2014

Richard Capper

The Sale of the above property was expertly handled by Richard Capper and the whole team at Mellor Braggins, We initally met for a indication of the potential value of the property after renovation. All dealings with the Mellor Braggins personnel were very professional and we were encouraged to allow then a short window to sell the property in its current position.
    Within a short period of time, a few offers had been secured without actively putting the property on the market.
    Throughout the sale the staff at Mellor Braggins were at all times, professional,courteous and very efficient. We were kept well informed of progress. Communications were very well conducted. Overall it was a satisfying business experience dealing with Richard Capper and the team.

11. A 5-star review by 'John Bailey' 18/3/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

We used Meller Braggins to sell our home in Walton Warrington. Both Richard and Sally were very knowledgable on the location and current market conditions. We originally bought the house through Meller Braggins nearly 30 years ago and when the surveyor came round for a valuation, he immediately remembered it, albeit changing considerably.
    The whole process went smoothly and they held our hand all through the process especially since we had not moved in almost 30 years, things have certainly changed in this time!
    From offer to completion, the duration was 10 weeks and their help was invaluable, I wish to thank all the staff for their assistance.

12. A 5-star review by 'Lawrence' 10/3/2014

WA5

Richard Capper

This was my first attempt at selling at auction, so I was a little apprehensive. However Richard Capper put my mind at rest, he was a great calming influence. Having had a difficult time trying to sell my late Mother's property through other agents, I was beginning to despair. Richard's wealth of experience came shining through as he advised us in a most professional way. I'm pleased to say that the property did indeed sell 'on the day' and achieved more than we had dared hope. Richard's assistance was invaluable, and resulted in an excellent outcome in a very timely manner.
    I have no hesitation in recommending this agent, and Richard personally. Excellent service all round.

13. A 5-star review by 'Jennifer Aitchison' 10/3/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

I was very impressed by Meller Braggins' professional and efficient approach to handling the sale of my father's house, from the initial visit through to completion. I appreciated their advice on pricing and dealing with the offers received. Their response to my queries and requests was always friendly and helpful and I felt that they were at all times prepared to put themselves out to deliver an excellent service to the customer - something that I particularly valued, as I live over 100 miles away from the property. I am delighted I chose the firm to undertake the sale; they made a process which can be very stressful as easy as possible.

14. A 5-star review by 'Fred & Liz' 5/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Although the time from initial marketing to completion was 21 months the property actually 'sold' 4 times, sales further down the chain failing caused the first 3 'sales' to collapse. At all times Meller Braggins were realistic, providing good common-sense advice and also being very supportive in what was a very emotional time for us. We also placed the sale (for a short period) with another Estate Agent to try to speed things up. The difference in attitude, efficiency, interest and advice given was very marked. I would have no hesitation whatever in recommending Meller Braggins Stockton Heath to anyone wishing to sell their home.

15. A 5-star review by 'Taylor' 25/2/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

We used this branch to both sell our property and purchase our new one. From start to finish the service was outstanding. Richard and Sally, along with other members of staff, kept us fully informed at every stage of the process, and answered all our queries incredibly quickly. We would have no hesitation in using their services again and recommend them to any friends or relatives considering a move.

16. A 5-star review by 'Victoria' 25/2/2014

No branch selected

Richard CapperSally Woodall

We completed the sale of the property at the end of January 2014. During the whole process from beginning to end of the sale both Richard and Sally at the Stockton Heath office were in constant telephone and email contact with us to give updates on the progress if the sale. Our property was well marketed and the marketing began immediately following our instruction .
    We would thoroughly recommend using Meller Braggins as they are professional yet approachable.

17. A 5-star review by 'Andrea Daniels' 25/2/2014

Richard Capper

My Brother, Sister & I used the Stockton Heath Branch to sell our deceased parents property. Richard Capper was extremely professional from the moment he came out to view the property and was friendly and always available to give advice. Also, Sally and Anne who are part of his team were very helpful. We were very impressed with the service that we received at what was a difficult emotional time for us all. The sale was completed in a very short time and Richard and his team assisted us greatly in liasing with the solicitors and clients. I would highly recommend Richard and Mellor Braggins and wouldnt hesitate to use them again in the future. Many thanks !

18. A 5-star review by 'Keith Hobart' 21/2/2014

Ben Durham, Meller Braggins

Ben DurhamMeller Braggins

Due to a particularly difficult property chain in which my sale and my purchase did not line up, Meller Braggins and Ben Durham couldn't have been more helpful.

19. A 5-star review by 'Lady' 17/2/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent friendly professional service received while purchasing property from the knutsford branch

20. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mrs Wells-Bradshaw' 23/1/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I can't recommend the Knutsford branch of Mellor Braggins highly enough. When buying our property through them a few weeks ago, they made a difficult process as smooth as possible. They kept in regular contact and proved to be excellent negotiators between the numerous parties involved. Well done to all involved in our purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  21. View All Comments (1)by RJG  07/02/2014

Thankyou for your comments and kind words. All the best in your new home and I hope we can be of assistance in the future.
  22. 6
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Peter' 27/9/2012

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Couldn't organise the proverbial drinking session in a brewery. Arranged to view a property which was "immediately available" in Knutsford and for Meller Braggins staff to arrange viewing of another property in the village on the same day. Although well aware that I Iived over two hours away from the viewing location they didn't tell me that, despite days in which to do it, they had completely failed to arrange the second viewing. During viewing of the available property I was told that it wasn't immediately available now after all, there was a "note in the book"... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  23. View All Comments (1)by RJG  20/01/2014

I was dissapointed to read this review and can assure you that the appropriate action has taken place to ensure it is not repeated. In this individual case, the landlord changed his mind regarding renting the property out which is a situation beyond our control. I can appreciate the frustration this causes, particularly with the distance involved, however this does not reflect the standard of service we usually offer as confirmed by many satisfied customers and clients.
  24. A 5-star review by 'AJC' 17/5/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I dealt with Claire Grove and throughout the whole process Claire was very professional, efficient and friendly. I would recommend Claire to anyone.

25. A 5-star review by 'Pam Wharfe' 7/5/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service was provided. Professional but friendly. Would recommend highly.

26. A 5-star review by 'PJH' 27/2/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

A huge thank you to Claire Groves, Rental manager of Meller Braggins, Stockton Heath, her hard work with Advertising, communication and polite professional service has made renting our property a pleasure.
    I would advise anybody in the Warrington area who requires either to Let or require to rent a property to contact Claire and be rest assured all your worries will be dealt with in the highest competence.
    Thank you Claire, we will never have to find another agent as long as you are around to look after us in the future.
    Hanson Properties