Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Meller Braggins

Agent rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 27 ratings. This website contains 27 user reviews of Meller Braggins.

Filter Reviews

• 1 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Meller Braggins is currently unavailable.

Meller Braggins has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Meller Braggins, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 02-Aug-2014 03:33:39

1. A 5-star review by 'Gerald Tebb' 30/7/2014

Branch:
    22 Alderley Road Wilmslow (Wilmslow) (Cheshire)
    SK9
    Sold Price
    £483000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We had an excellent service all the way through the process. We were updated with any changes in the process as they happened. All the staff were aware of the property and were extremely helpful. I have now bought or sold nine properties, having relocated a number of times. This is without doubt the best service I have had.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE I PAID WAS VERY COMPETITIVE”

2. A 5-star review by 'Julie and Mike' 30/7/2014

Sold Price
    £222000

Richard CapperSally Woodall

Richard Capper and Sally Woodall offered us the most exceptional service when we requested they put our house on the market We agreed with Richard the price we wanted to sell for using the advice he gave us and this price was maintained through out the process of negotiations and we did not once feel under pressure to accept less than our desired price. As recommended by Richard we had an open house on day 5 of the house being on the market which subsequently led to by day 11 we had sold our house subject to contract.
    We were constantly updated until the sale had gone through and whenever we had a query nothing was to much trouble for Richard or Sally. We lived 65 miles away from the house we where selling and felt every thing was in such capable hands. Genuine people, exceptional service and highly recommended.

3. A 5-star review by 'A Bargery' 22/5/2014

Wa4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We put our property on the market with this agent and have had nothing but the best service, professionalism and friendly advice. They marketed our property perfectly, changing photos at our request and only sending people who had already sold or who were in rental. We accepted an offer within a week of it being on the market! I would recommend Meller Braggins immediately to anyone thinking about selling or buying as the team have been brilliant!

4. A 5-star review by 'Andrea Rawsthorne' 29/4/2014

Wa45

Richard Capper

I myself had Mellor Braggins recommended to me by a friend due to there service. I has struggled selling my house in the past so I jumped at this advice. I was not disappointed. From the first initial meeting with Richard, I was struck by how professional, but how caring he and the company were. Richard updated me regularly with the activity, then was also very officiant when the offer finally came in. The buyers were very difficult and made it very hard for me, but Richard and Sally were fantastic in not only meeting my needs, but they very professionally handle the buyers, particular, approach. All in all I can't thank Mellor Braggins and the team enough for everything they did for me through my successful house sale. Thank you team. You are really appreciated

5. A 5-star review by 'Clive' 28/4/2014

Richard Greenham
    Cw10

Richard Greenham

Richard was absolutely fantastic, he managed the small chain well keeping both me and my buyer happy and informed. He asked many awkward questions on my behalf and gave me a couple of contacts for tradesmen that have also been excellent. He also negotiated the price we were aiming for. All round great service.

6. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Daniel O\'Donnell' 16/4/2014

Andrew

Andrew

Andrew was very frank about the asking price we should set for the house, and realistic, whereas in the past I have had my fingers burnt with Estate Agents (Foxtons) who advise a very high sale price, lock you in to a long contract with them at a ridiculous commission, then you find yourself unable to sell at that level and have to lower the asking price and still incur the high commission.

Throughout the sale they balanced being proactive when necessary to keep things moving on, without ever feeling like they were herding us along to get their commission.

I do have a gripe with the industry as a whole in that the agents charge more than the solicitors, and an extremely high amount, which seems less and less good value with sites such as Rightmove. However, as far as estate Agents go, they were very professional and nice people to deal with!

7. A 5-star review by 'Michael Alcock' 16/4/2014

RICHARD CAPPER, SALLY WOODALL

RICHARD CAPPERSALLY WOODALL

From the initial consultation through to putting the house on the open market & the eventual sale I was kept totally informed of all proceedings & left with complete confidence as to what the outcome would be.I was dealt with in a professional manner having all stages of the sale process explained in a friendly & helpful manner.
    The knowledge & expertise of all the team was only to be applauded & would give my full recommendation to anyone wanting to sell a property without the stress.

8. A 5-star review by 'Karen Thomson' 14/4/2014

Nigel Lammas, Jackie Wayman
    SK10

Nigel LammasJackie Wayman

We received great service from the staff at Mellor Braggins. We had two properties to sell, one business and one residential. Although it took a little while, the two sale went ahead smoothly. The hold ups all came from third parties and/or their solicitors. All the ladies were very helpful and kept us informed at every stage. The manager gave us some great advice and we ended up saving money because of him. We would not hesitate in using them again in the future.

9. A 5-star review by 'David & Sandra Miller' 13/4/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

Having not moved house for thirty-three years and never ever use the services of an Estate Agent before, we contacted MELLER BRAGGINS with plenty of trepidation. From the moment we first spoke to Richard Capper to Sally Woodall (Negotiator) completing the sale, the total service MELLER BRAGGINS provided us with was first class. Our anxieties were completely unfounded.

Our property was valued at a price that we believed was right for the market at that time and we received an offer within 24 hours of the going on the market. This offer was professionally negotiated to a (very) acceptable... (read more)

10. A 5-star review by 'andrew milligan' 8/4/2014

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Meller Braggins sent round 6 potential purchasers within the first 4 weeks, the 7th visitor proceded to purchase the house. The chain was very convoluted but Jackie kept us up to date with precarious ramifications.
    The sales pack prepared by Meller Braggins was very professional and their staff very courteous throughout.

1. A 4-star review by 'Sredders' 4/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Andrew from Meller Braggins provided an exceptional service in both selling our old home in the first weekend and finding us our new home.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Jayne Rudge' 31/3/2014

Sally Woodall, Richard Capper
    Wa4

Sally WoodallRichard Capper

From the moment we met Richard Capper from Mellor Braggins , we were impressed with his professional approach and knew we had made the right choice, but weren't prepared for our house to be sold within the first 24 hours !!!! After getting over the shock , we were introduced to Sally , she continued with her professional understanding and maintained contact with us every week to update on the chain . we have received first class customer service and would have no hesitation recommending Richard , Sally and his team to anyone looking to sell their property.

3. A 5-star review by 'Charles Cunningham' 31/3/2014

Richard Capper

The Sale of the above property was expertly handled by Richard Capper and the whole team at Mellor Braggins, We initally met for a indication of the potential value of the property after renovation. All dealings with the Mellor Braggins personnel were very professional and we were encouraged to allow then a short window to sell the property in its current position.
    Within a short period of time, a few offers had been secured without actively putting the property on the market.
    Throughout the sale the staff at Mellor Braggins were at all times, professional,courteous and very efficient. We were kept well informed of progress. Communications were very well conducted. Overall it was a satisfying business experience dealing with Richard Capper and the team.

4. A 5-star review by 'John Bailey' 18/3/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

We used Meller Braggins to sell our home in Walton Warrington. Both Richard and Sally were very knowledgable on the location and current market conditions. We originally bought the house through Meller Braggins nearly 30 years ago and when the surveyor came round for a valuation, he immediately remembered it, albeit changing considerably.
    The whole process went smoothly and they held our hand all through the process especially since we had not moved in almost 30 years, things have certainly changed in this time!
    From offer to completion, the duration was 10 weeks and their help was invaluable, I wish to thank all the staff for their assistance.

5. A 5-star review by 'Lawrence' 10/3/2014

WA5

Richard Capper

This was my first attempt at selling at auction, so I was a little apprehensive. However Richard Capper put my mind at rest, he was a great calming influence. Having had a difficult time trying to sell my late Mother's property through other agents, I was beginning to despair. Richard's wealth of experience came shining through as he advised us in a most professional way. I'm pleased to say that the property did indeed sell 'on the day' and achieved more than we had dared hope. Richard's assistance was invaluable, and resulted in an excellent outcome in a very timely manner.
    I have no hesitation in recommending this agent, and Richard personally. Excellent service all round.

6. A 5-star review by 'Jennifer Aitchison' 10/3/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

I was very impressed by Meller Braggins' professional and efficient approach to handling the sale of my father's house, from the initial visit through to completion. I appreciated their advice on pricing and dealing with the offers received. Their response to my queries and requests was always friendly and helpful and I felt that they were at all times prepared to put themselves out to deliver an excellent service to the customer - something that I particularly valued, as I live over 100 miles away from the property. I am delighted I chose the firm to undertake the sale; they made a process which can be very stressful as easy as possible.

7. A 5-star review by 'Fred & Liz' 5/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Although the time from initial marketing to completion was 21 months the property actually 'sold' 4 times, sales further down the chain failing caused the first 3 'sales' to collapse. At all times Meller Braggins were realistic, providing good common-sense advice and also being very supportive in what was a very emotional time for us. We also placed the sale (for a short period) with another Estate Agent to try to speed things up. The difference in attitude, efficiency, interest and advice given was very marked. I would have no hesitation whatever in recommending Meller Braggins Stockton Heath to anyone wishing to sell their home.

8. A 5-star review by 'Andrea Daniels' 25/2/2014

Richard Capper

My Brother, Sister & I used the Stockton Heath Branch to sell our deceased parents property. Richard Capper was extremely professional from the moment he came out to view the property and was friendly and always available to give advice. Also, Sally and Anne who are part of his team were very helpful. We were very impressed with the service that we received at what was a difficult emotional time for us all. The sale was completed in a very short time and Richard and his team assisted us greatly in liasing with the solicitors and clients. I would highly recommend Richard and Mellor Braggins and wouldnt hesitate to use them again in the future. Many thanks !

9. A 5-star review by 'Victoria' 25/2/2014

No branch selected

Richard CapperSally Woodall

We completed the sale of the property at the end of January 2014. During the whole process from beginning to end of the sale both Richard and Sally at the Stockton Heath office were in constant telephone and email contact with us to give updates on the progress if the sale. Our property was well marketed and the marketing began immediately following our instruction .
    We would thoroughly recommend using Meller Braggins as they are professional yet approachable.

10. A 5-star review by 'Taylor' 25/2/2014

Richard CapperSally Woodall

We used this branch to both sell our property and purchase our new one. From start to finish the service was outstanding. Richard and Sally, along with other members of staff, kept us fully informed at every stage of the process, and answered all our queries incredibly quickly. We would have no hesitation in using their services again and recommend them to any friends or relatives considering a move.

1. A 5-star review by 'Keith Hobart' 21/2/2014

Ben Durham, Meller Braggins
    WA16

Ben DurhamMeller Braggins

Due to a particularly difficult property chain in which my sale and my purchase did not line up, Meller Braggins and Ben Durham couldn't have been more helpful.

2. A 5-star review by 'Lady' 17/2/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent friendly professional service received while purchasing property from the knutsford branch

3. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Mrs Wells-Bradshaw' 23/1/2014

WA16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I can't recommend the Knutsford branch of Mellor Braggins highly enough. When buying our property through them a few weeks ago, they made a difficult process as smooth as possible. They kept in regular contact and proved to be excellent negotiators between the numerous parties involved. Well done to all involved in our purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  4. View All Comments (1)by RJG  07/02/2014

Thankyou for your comments and kind words. All the best in your new home and I hope we can be of assistance in the future.
  5. 5
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Peter' 27/9/2012

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Couldn't organise the proverbial drinking session in a brewery. Arranged to view a property which was "immediately available" in Knutsford and for Meller Braggins staff to arrange viewing of another property in the village on the same day. Although well aware that I Iived over two hours away from the viewing location they didn't tell me that, despite days in which to do it, they had completely failed to arrange the second viewing. During viewing of the available property I was told that it wasn't immediately available now after all, there was a "note in the book"... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (1)by RJG  20/01/2014

I was dissapointed to read this review and can assure you that the appropriate action has taken place to ensure it is not repeated. In this individual case, the landlord changed his mind regarding renting the property out which is a situation beyond our control. I can appreciate the frustration this causes, particularly with the distance involved, however this does not reflect the standard of service we usually offer as confirmed by many satisfied customers and clients.
  7. A 5-star review by 'AJC' 17/5/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I dealt with Claire Grove and throughout the whole process Claire was very professional, efficient and friendly. I would recommend Claire to anyone.

8. A 5-star review by 'Pam Wharfe' 7/5/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service was provided. Professional but friendly. Would recommend highly.

9. A 5-star review by 'PJH' 27/2/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

A huge thank you to Claire Groves, Rental manager of Meller Braggins, Stockton Heath, her hard work with Advertising, communication and polite professional service has made renting our property a pleasure.
    I would advise anybody in the Warrington area who requires either to Let or require to rent a property to contact Claire and be rest assured all your worries will be dealt with in the highest competence.
    Thank you Claire, we will never have to find another agent as long as you are around to look after us in the future.
    Hanson Properties