...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

FREE Valuation

Meller Braggins

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 97 ratings. This website contains 97 user reviews of Meller Braggins.

• Meller Braggins has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Meller Braggins, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 159 out of 14398 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.89 out of 5.00

• 95 recommend
  • 2 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Meller Braggins is currently unavailable.

Page last updated on: 02-Sep-2015 02:31:52

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

1. A 4 -star review by ''

Wa4
    Richard CapperSally Woodall

From the time he came to value the property and explained clearly the different ways to sell we were very impressed with Richard's friendliness and expertise. We had many viewings within a very short time. In Richards absence Sally was able to continue with negotiations leading to a very satisfactory sale. We would recommend Mellor Braggins to anyone involved in selling a property.

“FEES WERE REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

£690
    Michelle Philipa Constantinou

Having spent one afternoon registering with several estate agents in the locality - I felt that Meller Braggins portrayed a more genuine and personal interest in my circumstances than the others. So I was delighted when they contacted me with a property that ticked every single box I had on my

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    £600
    Michelle Philipa Constantinou

I have used Meller Braggins for several years now to deal with all aspects of letting two properties in Stockton Heath, near Warrington. Margaret, Michelle and Phillippa have been excellent in all aspects of letting, tenant vetting, answering tenant and rent/lease issues. They respond quickly and are excellent in communicating with all parties. I feel confident to leave all aspects of the lease in their hands even when out of the country. They are

Comments on the Agents fees

“A GREAT SERVICE. FEES WERE AS EXPECTED. GOOD VALUE FOR SERVICE PROVIDED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Greenham
    No postcode selected.
    Richard Greenham

I enjoyed selling my house with Richard and his colleagues.
    Fortunately the house was much in demand, the Meller Braggins team kept track of everyone and their appointments, status etc very efficiently. The team also recognised me when I visited the office which was great especially given that my house wasn't on the market for very long.
    I appreciated being able to customise the sales process to suit my own preferences for example I showed the house myself and then opted to take sealed bids.
    I specifically enjoyed working with Richard, he responded to emails / calls promptly and gave good (but never patronising!) advice.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

£187000
    Richard CapperSally Woodall

From the first moment that I approached Richard & his team to sell my property it was immediately obvious that this was a team that takes a pride in what they do & they care about giving you the best service possible in a friendly, customer focussed way.

Simply, they stood head and shoulders above all of the other local Estate Agents (I contacted six initially, the rest were mediocre in comparison.)

They are helpful, transparent both in their processes & charging structure & they will definitely go the extra mile for you.

Richard epitomises professionalism & his... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“INDUSTRY STANDARD, I WOULD PAY MORE FOR THIS LEVEL OF SERVICE!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Michelle Philipa Constantinou

Michelle and team (Michelle and Philipa) at Meller Braggins Stockton Heath office have been dealing the marketing and Lettings of a property for us over the last 12 months. Although tasked with finding a tenant fitting our strict criteria, they have delivered on both occasions. Great communication and updates throughout the process by phone and email as and when appropriate. Also, greeted with a smile without fail when visiting there office. Great team to deal with ... Look forward to using them on any additional rental property I acquire going forward into the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

£596500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have received excellent service selling my house through Meller Braggins. The valuation of our house seemed fair (one agent's valuation was exceptionally high, clearly aimed at getting business from greedy, gullible sellers and another agent's valuation was very low, probably with a quick and easy sale in mind). Meller Braggins's valuation was realistic and we actually achieved above the asking price! Their commission was competitive and they didn't try to do the 'hard sell' with regards to paying extra for 'premium listing', etc. We got lots of help and attention from them which we probably wouldn't have received from some other agents who have so many Wilmslow properties on their books that their time must be spread very thinly. We would like to express our thanks to the people with whom we've had direct contact: Nigel, Rick, Mike and Lauren. You have always been quick to respond and help in every possible way. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Hayden Bennett, Jackie Quantrill
    £610000
    Hayden BennettJackie Quantrill

Hayden and Jackie were delightful to deal with throughout what was sometimes a bumpy process on the way to a deal.
    What I appreciated the most was the great communication from Mellor Braggins - I live far away in Japan and, were it not for their weekly updates and messages, I would have been lost. Compared to my solicitors (who otherwise did a fine job too), they were much more communicative and forthcoming with info.

One reservation:
    my only reservation concerns the very high initial evaluation by the agents - a good 100,000 pounds higher than any of their competitors. In the end the selling price was down by 90,000 from the initially inflated figure. Now one might say that thanks to that initial high pricing, I was able to get a higher offer than if I had gone with the more realistic estimates. On the other hand some would say that this higher initial valuation is a means to gate clients signed on in a range where competition is fierce. Where does the truth lie? I'm not sure but it makes one wonder... This is the reason for a

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

Lauren Yates
    sk9
    Lauren Yates

The reason for the positive score is 100% down to Lauren Yates the senior negotiator.
    Prior to her arriving in this branch our opinion of estate agents wasn't great . They are all the same.
    Not exceptional .
    But Lauren even came in to chaser up the sale on her holiday.
    The buyer was particularly difficult.
    She met the client at the property to reassure her and had minor works done on our behalf, using her initiative well.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO ONE IS HAPPY TO PAY HUGE FEES TO AGENTS WHEN THEY DO SO LITTLE ONCE THE PROPERTY GOES ON RIGHTMOVE. FELT WE PAID MORE THAN WE SHOULD BASED ON FINAL PRICE AGREED .”

10. View All Comments (1)by Lauren Yates  19/06/2015

Dear Mr Mottershead, Thank you so much for taking the time post a wonderful review, It was my pleasure to assist you with the sale of your property and I am delighted to read your positive and valuable feedback. Should you require our services in the future then please no not hesitate to contact me directly, From all our of us here at Meller Braggins - Thank You and Congratulations!! Best Wishes Lauren Yates
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew
    SK10
    Andrew

Excellent, professional service and very responsive to queries / questions. We dealt mainly with Andrew who was efficient, approachable and very friendly. Would not hesitate to recommend Meller Braggins.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

WA45
    £525000
    Richard CapperSally Woodall

The sale of our house was handled with great professionalism, sensitivity and attention to detail.
    Both Richard and Sally were great communicators to us and potential buyers . From our experience Mellor Braggins are Estate Agents of the highest calibre.

“WOLRTH EVERY PENNY!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    22, Alderley Road (Wilmslow) (Cheshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Meller Braggins for exceed our expectations, they did absolutely everything for us, efficiently and professionally. The service we have received has been second to none, cant praise them enough.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Capper
    WA2
    £65500
    Richard Capper

We approached Meller Braggins when my husband had to deal with the property of a deceased relative. We first met Mr Richard Capper at the property in 2014 and he advised, as we thought, that the best way forward would be to sell the property at auction. The property was sold (STC) at auction in May 2015. Mr Capper guided us through the whole process giving excellent sound advice throughout, nothing was too much trouble. We found Mr Capper to be a very approachable, professional and genuinely nice person who made us feel very comfortable and at ease during an anxious and unsettling period for us. We would not hesitate to use Meller Braggins again and would thoroughly recommend to family and friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Woodall, Anne Firth
    £352000
    Sally WoodallAnne Firth

Meller Braggins Stockton Heath Warrington were a dream to deal with. They did the valuation efficiently and speedily and the staff in the office dealing with customers were keen to view before it went on the market so they could match potential buyers correctly.
    Once we got a buyer they communicated really well and did a great job at keeping both buyer and seller informed every steep of the way.
    I have sold a number of houses over the years but have never before been able to recommend estate agents in this way.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Hayden Bennett, Tara Palmer
    £280000
    Hayden BennettTara Palmer

Hayden & his team were consummate professionals in dealing with the marketing of our property From first contact, through marketing our home; to securing 11 credible viewings in the first weekend. This professionalism was further borne out, whilst achieving full asking price in the first week; to accepting our decision not to proceed with the sale, after a change in family circumstances, with understanding.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Greenham, Rick Dallimore
    £1400000
    Richard GreenhamRick Dallimore

Meller Braggins were fantastic from the word go on this purchase. Negotiations with the seller of the property were handled professionally and with ultra fast response times.

Once the purchase terms had been agreed, we couldn't believe how engaged the team at Meller Braggins were and they were always happy to spend time attending snagging site visits, installation days and even liaised on our behalf to allow carpets to be fitted at the property prior to completion!

I couldn't recommend the Meller Braggins Team highly enough and everyone was spot on. Special thanks are necessary to Richard Greenham who has been 100% supportive throughout a very long (and sometimes arduous) purchase journey and whom went the full nine yards in helping us purchase this property.

Thanks once again to everyone who supported us with this purchase :o)

Comments on the Agents fees

“N/A - I WAS A PURCHASER.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Woodall
    wa4
    £295000
    Sally Woodall

Our sale was not a straight forward sale, we had lots of issues caused by other people in the chain and by the solicitors working for them. At one point there was a problem every day
    Sally was the calm professional person during all our issues, she was always supportive and was more than willing to help in any way she could. Sally never failed to return our out of hours request or to answer our text messages
    The team at Meller Braggins were always there for us and a pleasure to work with
    Thank you Sally and the Meller Braggins team

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE COMPARABLE WITH THE OTHER ESTATE AGENTS IN THE AREA”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Elayne Bagnall, Michelle
    £825
    Elayne BagnallMichelle

My wife and I decided to move to Wilmslow in spring/summer 2013, having spent two years renting in Manchester city centre. Our experience of letting agents in Manchester - and, previously to that, London - was not particularly positive. But from the first time we were shown around 53 South Oak Lane by Elayne from Meller Braggins, we knew this company was something different.

The level of information we received from Elayne proved that she knew the property and the owners quite well, which is rare and a good start. No games were played and seemed honest throughout; she informed us that one... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Capper, Philipa Constantinou
    £780
    Richard CapperPhilipa Constantinou

The Lettings Team at Meller Braggins have been first class throughout.

Richard Capper sourced the property and Philipa kindly conducted the viewing and her and Michelle Rapson efficiently and quickly managed the application process. I viewed the property on a Saturday and the thorough referencing was complete within 5 working days. Superb.

The fees charged were more than fair and reasonable and the application process was effortless and efficient.

I cannot praise The Lettings Team at Meller Braggins highly enough. Richard, Philipa and Michelle have gone above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly. This is a refreshing change to other Letting Agents I have used in the recent past in the Stockton Heath area.

I would recommend them without hesitation if you are looking for a quality property with a professional and efficient Managing Agent.

Meller Braggins found my son and I a beautiful home. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE MORE THAN FAIR AND REASONABLE. VERY HAPPY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mellor Braggins team were extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the whole process of my house purchase... I would definitely use them in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  24. A 4 -star review by ''

lisa collar
    £232500
    lisa collar

Mellar Braggins provided us with a great service from start to finish. It was a stress free process and the continuous updates were much appreciated as this made the move quick and painless. Lisa and the team at Mellar Braggins strive for customer satisfaction and this is evident in every aspect of their approach with both sellers and buyers. A great team and would recommend to anyone looking for a stress free house sale / purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Elayne Bagnall
    £925
    Elayne Bagnall

Right from the start Elayne has been helpful and extremely efficient in helping my husband and I to secure a property to let. My husband started a new job in the heart of Manchester, which was not commutable, forcing him to stay in hotels. We asked Elayne if it was possible to fast track our move and before we knew it she had organised all the necessary procedures within a few days. All done with a cheery and friendly manner. I am confident that if there are any issues after we move in she will deal with them just as efficiently. So thank you Elayne.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Whittaker
    SK10
    £270000
    Andrew Whittaker

Responded accurately and on time. A pleasure to deal with. Buying a house is stressful but Andrew made the process much less so.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Jackie Quantrill
    Jackie Quantrill

Just completed my house purchase with Meller Braggins and delighted with the service that I received. It is a stressful process at the best of times and when you have a busy full time job and little time to chase things through for yourself it is even harder - which is why it is important to have an estate agent there to do all those things for you. Jackie was a delight to deal with. Despite all my questions and pestering, nothing was too much trouble. She was prompt in responding to me and always kept me up to date even if it was just to say she was still chasing things! Jackie was proactive on both buying and selling sides and did everything she could to keep things moving along. It was also refreshing to find that the whole team are on the ball with what is going on. When Jackie wasn't in there was a colleague on hand who knew exactly where things were up to and was able to continue to make progress for me. I wouldn't hesitate to look to Meller Braggins for buying or selling in the future - although I don't have any imminent plans to move again!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Whitaker
    SK11
    £340000
    Andrew Whitaker

The road to buying a house is rarely a smooth one but we had a particularly bumpy ride. We dealt with a vendor who wouldn't sell, then another one who would but was taking too long, then our own buyers pulled out days before we were due to exchange - we haven't had it easy.
    And then we found the perfect house. We didn't know it was the perfect house straight away, so we came back. And again. And again (this time with builders). Nothing was too much trouble - Andrew was there each time, a reassuring presence. Throughout the transaction, I made sure I always kept him and Jackie appraised of where we were at. And conversely, they always replied to my (many) queries quickly, professionally and efficiently. 5 stars service!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    22, Alderley Road (Wilmslow) (Cheshire)
    lisa collar, james venables
    sk9
    £335000
    lisa collarjames venables

Both Lisa and James were great to deal with throughout the process of the sale of my house in Adderley Edge.

A sale at the asking price was achieved relatively quickly and they helped to push the legals along so we could finish everything in about 2 months - this was good give it included Christmas.

Would recommend them to other buyers and sellers

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES COULD ALWAYS BE CHEAPER - HOPED YOU MIGHT HAVE MANAGED TO GET A BIT MORE OUT OF JONES!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

ST9
    £280000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It's stressful selling a home and everyone we had contact with at Meller Braggins helped to lessen the stress and boost our confidence during the whole process. They were all great at keeping us informed every step of the way. They understood that even when nothing's happening it's good to know they're still there and working on your behalf. They were always ready to listen to us, to be helpful and advise us in a professional but sincerely friendly and concerned way. We felt part of the team working to sell our house in a difficult market. We felt we were in safe hands and felt confident in their advice and guidance. Nothing seemed too much trouble and they always seemed to have time for us. Not only that, but every person in the team seemed to know us and our property. We felt this was more than a business transaction - it felt like we were part of mutual relationship with all of us committed to a positive result. We shan't forget any one of the Meller Braggins team and will recommend them very highly and remember them fondly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR AT 1% FOR SOLE AGENCY RIGHTS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

£120000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have sold 10 properties through Meller Braggins Stockton Heath Office and they are fantastic! You could not ask to deal with more professional people!

Many thanks for your help selling our properties

Dan @KPL

“STANDARD FEE PRICING”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Philipa Constantinou, Michelle
    £695
    Philipa ConstantinouMichelle

I have received an excellent service from Meller Braggins in Stockton Heath. Philipa, Margaret and Michelle have all been extremely professional, friendly and conscientious in organising my tenancy with a quick and efficient turnaround. I deal with many agents both as a tenant and as a landlady and many are unenthusiastic and lack professionalism with young staff lacking knowledge and experience. Not the case with this agency branch. I am pleasantly surprised!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

wa4
    £945000
    Richard CapperSally Woodall

Meller braggins were exceptionally professional and also very personable in their dealings. They kept me notified at all times and handled difficult negotiations sensitively. Highly recommended. Honest and trustworthy.

Page: