FREE Valuation

Meller Braggins

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 83 ratings. This website contains 83 user reviews of Meller Braggins.

• Meller Braggins has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Meller Braggins, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 81 recommend
  • 2 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Meller Braggins is currently unavailable.

Page last updated on: 06-May-2015 08:30:42

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Hayden Bennett, Tara Palmer
    £280000
    Hayden BennettTara Palmer

Hayden & his team were consummate professionals in dealing with the marketing of our property From first contact, through marketing our home; to securing 11 credible viewings in the first weekend. This professionalism was further borne out, whilst achieving full asking price in the first week; to accepting our decision not to proceed with the sale, after a change in family circumstances, with understanding.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Greenham, Rick Dallimore
    £1400000
    Richard GreenhamRick Dallimore

Meller Braggins were fantastic from the word go on this purchase. Negotiations with the seller of the property were handled professionally and with ultra fast response times.

Once the purchase terms had been agreed, we couldn't believe how engaged the team at Meller Braggins were and they were always happy to spend time attending snagging site visits, installation days and even liaised on our behalf to allow carpets to be fitted at the property prior to completion!

I couldn't recommend the Meller Braggins Team highly enough and everyone was spot on. Special thanks are necessary to Richard Greenham who has been 100% supportive throughout a very long (and sometimes arduous) purchase journey and whom went the full nine yards in helping us purchase this property.

Thanks once again to everyone who supported us with this purchase :o)

Comments on the Agents fees

“N/A - I WAS A PURCHASER.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

£295000
    Sally Woodall

Our sale was not a straight forward sale, we had lots of issues caused by other people in the chain and by the solicitors working for them. At one point there was a problem every day
    Sally was the calm professional person during all our issues, she was always supportive and was more than willing to help in any way she could. Sally never failed to return our out of hours request or to answer our text messages
    The team at Meller Braggins were always there for us and a pleasure to work with
    Thank you Sally and the Meller Braggins team

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE COMPARABLE WITH THE OTHER ESTATE AGENTS IN THE AREA”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Elayne Bagnall, Michelle
    £825
    Elayne BagnallMichelle

My wife and I decided to move to Wilmslow in spring/summer 2013, having spent two years renting in Manchester city centre. Our experience of letting agents in Manchester - and, previously to that, London - was not particularly positive. But from the first time we were shown around 53 South Oak Lane by Elayne from Meller Braggins, we knew this company was something different.

The level of information we received from Elayne proved that she knew the property and the owners quite well, which is rare and a good start. No games were played and seemed honest throughout; she informed us that one... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Capper, Philipa Constantinou
    £780
    Richard CapperPhilipa Constantinou

The Lettings Team at Meller Braggins have been first class throughout.

Richard Capper sourced the property and Philipa kindly conducted the viewing and her and Michelle Rapson efficiently and quickly managed the application process. I viewed the property on a Saturday and the thorough referencing was complete within 5 working days. Superb.

The fees charged were more than fair and reasonable and the application process was effortless and efficient.

I cannot praise The Lettings Team at Meller Braggins highly enough. Richard, Philipa and Michelle have gone above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly. This is a refreshing change to other Letting Agents I have used in the recent past in the Stockton Heath area.

I would recommend them without hesitation if you are looking for a quality property with a professional and efficient Managing Agent.

Meller Braggins found my son and I a beautiful home. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE MORE THAN FAIR AND REASONABLE. VERY HAPPY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mellor Braggins team were extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the whole process of my house purchase... I would definitely use them in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 4 -star review by ''

lisa collar
    £232500
    lisa collar

Mellar Braggins provided us with a great service from start to finish. It was a stress free process and the continuous updates were much appreciated as this made the move quick and painless. Lisa and the team at Mellar Braggins strive for customer satisfaction and this is evident in every aspect of their approach with both sellers and buyers. A great team and would recommend to anyone looking for a stress free house sale / purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Elayne Bagnall
    £925
    Elayne Bagnall

Right from the start Elayne has been helpful and extremely efficient in helping my husband and I to secure a property to let. My husband started a new job in the heart of Manchester, which was not commutable, forcing him to stay in hotels. We asked Elayne if it was possible to fast track our move and before we knew it she had organised all the necessary procedures within a few days. All done with a cheery and friendly manner. I am confident that if there are any issues after we move in she will deal with them just as efficiently. So thank you Elayne.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Whittaker
    SK10
    £270000
    Andrew Whittaker

Responded accurately and on time. A pleasure to deal with. Buying a house is stressful but Andrew made the process much less so.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Jackie Quantrill
    Jackie Quantrill

Just completed my house purchase with Meller Braggins and delighted with the service that I received. It is a stressful process at the best of times and when you have a busy full time job and little time to chase things through for yourself it is even harder - which is why it is important to have an estate agent there to do all those things for you. Jackie was a delight to deal with. Despite all my questions and pestering, nothing was too much trouble. She was prompt in responding to me and always kept me up to date even if it was just to say she was still chasing things! Jackie was proactive on both buying and selling sides and did everything she could to keep things moving along. It was also refreshing to find that the whole team are on the ball with what is going on. When Jackie wasn't in there was a colleague on hand who knew exactly where things were up to and was able to continue to make progress for me. I wouldn't hesitate to look to Meller Braggins for buying or selling in the future - although I don't have any imminent plans to move again!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Whitaker
    SK11
    £340000
    Andrew Whitaker

The road to buying a house is rarely a smooth one but we had a particularly bumpy ride. We dealt with a vendor who wouldn't sell, then another one who would but was taking too long, then our own buyers pulled out days before we were due to exchange - we haven't had it easy.
    And then we found the perfect house. We didn't know it was the perfect house straight away, so we came back. And again. And again (this time with builders). Nothing was too much trouble - Andrew was there each time, a reassuring presence. Throughout the transaction, I made sure I always kept him and Jackie appraised of where we were at. And conversely, they always replied to my (many) queries quickly, professionally and efficiently. 5 stars service!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    22, Alderley Road (Wilmslow) (Cheshire)
    lisa collar, james venables
    sk9
    £335000
    lisa collarjames venables

Both Lisa and James were great to deal with throughout the process of the sale of my house in Adderley Edge.

A sale at the asking price was achieved relatively quickly and they helped to push the legals along so we could finish everything in about 2 months - this was good give it included Christmas.

Would recommend them to other buyers and sellers

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES COULD ALWAYS BE CHEAPER - HOPED YOU MIGHT HAVE MANAGED TO GET A BIT MORE OUT OF JONES!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

ST9
    £280000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It's stressful selling a home and everyone we had contact with at Meller Braggins helped to lessen the stress and boost our confidence during the whole process. They were all great at keeping us informed every step of the way. They understood that even when nothing's happening it's good to know they're still there and working on your behalf. They were always ready to listen to us, to be helpful and advise us in a professional but sincerely friendly and concerned way. We felt part of the team working to sell our house in a difficult market. We felt we were in safe hands and felt confident in their advice and guidance. Nothing seemed too much trouble and they always seemed to have time for us. Not only that, but every person in the team seemed to know us and our property. We felt this was more than a business transaction - it felt like we were part of mutual relationship with all of us committed to a positive result. We shan't forget any one of the Meller Braggins team and will recommend them very highly and remember them fondly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR AT 1% FOR SOLE AGENCY RIGHTS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£120000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have sold 10 properties through Meller Braggins Stockton Heath Office and they are fantastic! You could not ask to deal with more professional people!

Many thanks for your help selling our properties

Dan @KPL

“STANDARD FEE PRICING”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Philipa Constantinou, Michelle
    £695
    Philipa ConstantinouMichelle

I have received an excellent service from Meller Braggins in Stockton Heath. Philipa, Margaret and Michelle have all been extremely professional, friendly and conscientious in organising my tenancy with a quick and efficient turnaround. I deal with many agents both as a tenant and as a landlady and many are unenthusiastic and lack professionalism with young staff lacking knowledge and experience. Not the case with this agency branch. I am pleasantly surprised!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

£945000
    Richard CapperSally Woodall

Meller braggins were exceptionally professional and also very personable in their dealings. They kept me notified at all times and handled difficult negotiations sensitively. Highly recommended. Honest and trustworthy.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Capper
    £215000
    Richard Capper

The whole team at Meller Braggins were first class and dealt with our sale with the utmost professionalism throughout. Richard Capper was a source of valuable guidance and insight into the local market and his team at the office were extremely helpful and efficient.

I fell confident that our sale was managed by the best agent in the area,

I would not hesitate to recommend them to sellers or buyers alike,

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE EXCELLENT AND VERY GOOD VALUE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Jackie Wayman
    wa16
    £220000
    Jackie Wayman

Fantastic service from all at meller braggins, especially jackie who worked her little socks off! Always there to speak to or would get back to me asap, straight talking, honest and very helpful with any little problems (even when the problems weren't their issue) thank you to all at meller braggins, I would definitely recommend you but probably wont need you myself as I think I am going to be very happy with my little purchase for many years! Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

£209000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Throughout the whole process we received support, clear information and speedy positive action which led us through an venture unfamiliar to us. As an example when we were concerned about a possible damp problem outside help was procured and a way forward was suggested. Information was also given us about whom we could contact to deal with small building issues once completion had taken place.
    Towards the end of the process there were various issues with solicitors for which we needed and received excellent clarification and action.
    Communication by telephone, e-mail or letter was quick and efficient. When visiting the office we were helped positively no matter which members of the team talked with us.
    We would recommend the Knutsford branch to anyone.

21. 1
    person found this

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    21/23 High Street (Northwich) (Cheshire)
    Stephen
    CW9
    £325000
    Stephen

From the very beginning I trusted Stephen and the team (who were all friendly, helpful, efficient and easy to deal with ) to sell my property at the right price and as quickly as possible. When difficulties arose Stephen was a calming influence at the end of a phone, with good advice and a plan of action.
    I consider my self to be extremely fortunate to have chosen Meller - Braggins to sell my property and would recommend, particularly the Northwich team, to anyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

lisa collar, james venables
    £510000
    lisa collarjames venables

First made contact with Meller Braggins in Wilmslow in 2009 following death of my husband & considered putting my large property on market - from that initial contact I have felt that Meller Braggins were Agents I could deal with. Can't give reason, it is visceral. In 2014 I finally decided to sell Mansard Cottage where I had lived for 37 years so not a easy decision. Lisa Collar branch manager came out & was not only confident & positive about my home she made sure I was not unduly pressured in making quick decisions, she has kept on top of the sale process without unnecessary interference while James Venables negotiated throughout the sometimes fraught process. We have reached exchange & completion is in day or two - & I am still standing, with overall a positive impression of the Agents. Would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AVERAGE FEES CHARGED ON PRICE. VAT DOES BUMP UP THE PRICE , COULD BE MADE CLEARER THE FINAL COST.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

£137000
    Sally Woodall

After accepting an offer, the sale was proceeding slowly due to the buyer using an out of town and online Solicitor. After lots of messing about Sally took a hold of the case for us and chased the buyer and the Solicitors through to completion. We were very grateful for this as the out of town Solicitors were using Trainees and Meller Braggins have got lots of experience selling properties in this area. I would certainly use them again and their personal service is second to none. They always phone back and don't hide behind emails like most agents seem to do. If buying through them it would certainly be worth using a local Solicitor they recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LOWER THAN THE COMPETITIONND NEGOTIABLE UNLIKE THE OTHER AGENTS WE APPROACHED WHO HAVE A FIXED FEE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Greenham, Hayden Bennett
    £605000
    Richard GreenhamHayden Bennett

Richard & Hayden provided a very thorough and professional service throughout the transaction. In the face of complications both Richard & Hayden remained calm, level headed and extremely helpful. We were looked after during the entire sale process and what can sometimes be a very stressful experience was made much easier and straight forward by their professional approach.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    21/23 High Street (Northwich) (Cheshire)
    Alison Poyle
    cw97
    £285000
    Alison Poyle

Good service, marketed the house well, good communication especially Alison poyle.Very happy to have sold our house for the right price quite quick. And easy

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

£115000
    Richard CapperSally Woodall

From the moment I met the Agent to discuss the sale of the property I felt my choice of company and decision to put the sale in their hands was one of relief knowing I had the support of a professional team dedicated to help me at a time that is often stressful .
    I was kept informed constantly and given advice when required . My relationship with all members of the team developed into one of trust, confidence and dependability. If in the future I decide to sell property I would not hesitate to put the sale in the totally reliable hands of Meller Braggins and would recommend them highly to any prospective client .
    many thanks to everyone at the Stockton Heath branch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

£420000

Richard

The move went very well.

Despite it being a long, stretched-out, often anxious sale and purchase, at every stage, I knew I could rely on you for sound, reasonable, humour-laiden, subtley irrereverent, but always professional advice. Please be assured that it was all greatly appreciated.

Sally and Ann were equally excellent members of your team. And way back in the mists of early time, all conversations with Stafford Cleaver were refreshingly open and honest.

If you're striving to align yourselves with the stereotypically, much maligned image and reputation of an estate agent, you're failing!

Standard agent : 1 out of 10 and a shivver down the spine.
    Meller Braggins : 11 out of 10 and a metaphorical arm around your shoulder.

At all times, I was unwaiveringly confident that I had chosen the right estate agent.

Without hesitation or qualification, I would recommend your services.

Many thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Tara Palmer
    Wa16
    £217000
    Tara Palmer

Excellent service, Tara always rang back if she was busy on phone or not in. Helpful advice, always cheerful and was able to calm me down when I was having a bit of a panic towards the end. Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Woodall, Anne Firth
    £167000
    Sally WoodallAnne Firth

I found both Sally and Anne at Meller Braggins, Stockton Heath to be very helpful at all times.
    They found a buyer for my property within 2 weeks of putting it on the market, I would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WOULD ALWAYS LIKE THE COMMISSION TO BE A LITTLE LESS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Hayden Bennett, Ben Durham
    £356000
    Hayden BennettBen Durham

Hayden and Ben will both really helpful to us in getting us a smooth process to buy our new house. They will prompt at contacting the vendor over points of negotiation and willing to listen when we had certain concerns. At the back end they were also great with getting us access to the property to get things cleaned prior to us arriving with all our stuff. Call backs were always prompt and the service always professional but very friendly. Would happily use again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Richard Greenham, Hayden Bennett
    Richard GreenhamHayden Bennett

In selling a property and searching for a new one, I experienced the service and style of many of the Knutsford Estate Agents, some good, some less so. Meller Braggins was excellent. The agents were accessible, professional, assiduous and courteous in the service they gave. Without the drive and commitment of Richard and Hayden, I doubt we would have got the deal over the line!

My thanks