Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Martin & Pole

Agent rating: 2 out of 5.0 based on 6 ratings. This website contains 6 user reviews of Martin & Pole.

Filter Reviews

Sell or Rent your Property with ease

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We are a professional and dynamic estate agency with proactive departments including residential sales, residential lettings, auction properties, commercial agency, surveys & valuations, town planning, property management, auction rooms and financial services.

Martin & Pole has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Martin & Pole, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 01-Nov-2014 00:16:55

1. A 1-star review by 'annoyed' 10/7/2014

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    RG45
    Rent PCM
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Staff rude on the phone when asked reasonable question, and Ignored letters.
    When we left the property we were charged unreasonable charges from our deposit, (including some that were already listed in the inventory when we moved in, and others that affected the whole building.)
    when questioned as to why our deposit hadn't been placed in a deposit protection scheme when our contract was changed I was shouted at, and then ignored.
    I understand that the landlord is a customer, and they work for him, but I am also a customer and I do not feel I got fair treatment here. id never rent using them again. Pretty much every dealing i had with them from start to finish was unsatisfactory

What could Martin & Pole do to change your mind??

“not been rude, not shouted at me when i asked reasonable questions, protected my deposit when my contracts changed, read and replied to my letters, not charged me for things included in the inventory when i moved in. pretty much every dealing i had with them from start to finish was unsatisfactory”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (1)by David Auger  30/07/2014

The tenant would not understand we were not managing the property. It is disappointing when we explain a situation quite clearly that for some reason they choose not to understand. If we are not managing the property then our role is greatly reduced. Some landlord's chose to manage their own properties - not unusual, just perhaps unusual that despite clear explanation the tenant chooses not to understand.
  3. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Diamond0958' 27/2/2014

David Auger, Rose

David AugerRose

I phoned to speak to Rose regarding my brothers death. Although they were aware of the death of my brother, they continued to take monies from his bank account . Rose was particular rude and unhelpful and after I sent a polite email she phoned me to say that I was not to email again. I have now escalated the matter to the Director - David Auger.
    Appalling lack of sensitivity

4. 3
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Disappointed' 5/9/2012

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Rude person 'assumed; that I was on housing benefit because I am a female with two children! The advert mentioned good schools nearby to the property that I was requiring further details on but apparently the landlord had been very direct in the fact that children were not welcome! Very poor service indeed as I was not asked for email address to send on available properties that may be of interest!

What could Martin & Pole do to change your mind??

“Not have had so many assumptions as I thought that sales was all about questioning and finding out needs and requirements.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  5. View All Comments (1)by David Auger  07/01/2013

It does seem unfair that we have mentioned schools nearby if the landlord did not want children - my apologies. Some people are a little sensitive when we ask personal questions. The lady who asked the questions would not have made assumptions - we are being paid by the owner to find the best tenant. The best tenant for one property may not be the best tenant for another property. If we got the balance wrong on this occassion - once again my apologies.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Alison' 24/6/2011

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I also bought my house through them. Couldn\'t fault them, they have set a very high standard for any estate agent to follow. Professional, prompt and went out of their way to be helpful.

7. A 3-star review by 'Cas' 27/8/2009

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

PLUS POINTS

* Prompt response to reported problems
    * Good notification of 6 monthly landlord checks
    * Didn't have to pay much in Admin fees as paid 6 months rent up front

NEGATIVE POINTS

* Patchy/shoddy decoration

Hoping to move in the next few months so I hope not to have too much issue re: having my deposit returned a the house is in a better decorative state after 2 years of my tenancy than it was when I first moved in!

Will update review if I have problems.

8. 5
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Baggy' 7/5/2009

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

M&P used to be a pretty good agent for letting your house....but they stopped being so good when they closed the Crowthorne office and moved everything to Wokingham. It's got especially bad there the last year - as in Romans Property type bad - calls never returned, contracts sent out with blinding errors (if you're lucky to get a copy before they hound the tenant to sign it without you seeing it first - which is a big 'no, no').

Depending on who you speak to, they can be either pretty nice and helpful or just downright rude and arrogant (I bet they love working together).

If I had a penny for every ARLA code of practice violation, this place would be saving the economy single handedly - I'm amazed there haven't been more complaints on here about them....but like I say, this is a relatively recent change in standards. A shame really...they used to be so good.

I'm looking to get away from them when the current tenant decides they've had enough. In the meantime, I couldn't recommend this agent to anyone.

Sell or Rent your Property with ease