Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Mark Ashley & Co

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 50 ratings. This website contains 49 user reviews of Mark Ashley & Co.

Offices / Branches

• 20 recommend
  • 30 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

4 out of 43
in the HA8 League Tables
4 out of 35
in the Edgware League Tables
3146 out of 21690
in the UK

Agent Information

An independent estate agent covering North West, North and West London.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Mark Ashley & Co has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Mark Ashley & Co, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 17-Sep-2014 14:57:17

1. A 5-star review by 'Sandra Benedyk' 14/9/2014

Mark Abrahams, Scott
    Sold Price
    £230000

Mark AbrahamsScott

I have used this estate agent to successfully sell two of my properties and not only did they arrange a substantial number of viewings for each property but the service I received both before and after exchange of contracts was very good. Both sales were very complicated and they managed to liaise throughout with both parties solicitors and the rest of the chain. When one of the staff was away on holiday the others in the office took over and were fully briefed on the complications of the sale and were marvellous. I am a solicitor and I know how easy it is for sales to fall through because the estate agent does not keep the parties informed and in this respect Mark Ashley acted very professionally. I will definitely be using them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

No branch selected
    Conveyancing
    N
    Upload a reviwer profile image

possibly the rudest most unprofessional shower i have ever come across.
    Never use these people to buy or sell or anything.
    The owner seems to think he can act and speak to people (fellow professionals or clients) like they are something found on his shoe.
    i feel sorry for him with all that hate inside - pure small agent syndrome.

4. A 5-star review by 'ASH' 29/1/2014

, Scott
    NW7

Scott

From the beginning Mark Ashley, both as a company and person, were committed in getting the best price/buyer for the property. The property attracted many viewings and no contract was signed until a suitable buyer had been found. Mark gave good advice as to who were time wasters and who were genuine buyers, and as he was working for us and not the buyers, who were in some instances demanding time wasters, he did a brilliant job. He kept us informed all through the process of what was happening both with us and all the third parties involved. Scott was also very involved in the sale and he, too, was very professional and helpful whenever he was contacted. They also helped with getting docs to the solicitor on time and other aspects which they really didn't have to. All staff members were helpful when calling the office and very polite.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company as they work hard for their clients and for us got the very best possible outcome. I will use Mark Ashley again when the need arises.

5. 8

A 1-star review by 'D' 4/12/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

For several weeks I have experienced such rude treatment from one of your tellers that I refuse to tolerate it any longer. Each time I try to make a transaction through Mr X, heacts as though I were an annoyance. In one instance, he said he has "no patience in dealing with such petty transactions."

I trust that you will speak to her about polite customer service. Customers are not an annoyance; we are the ones who pay him salary.

“BAD”

6. 13

A 1-star review by 'disgusting' 20/11/2013

nw4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible service. The tenants complained to me that Angelo was friendly but "the other one" very rude and unprofessional. It's cheaper to use Gumtree than having problems in the later stages.

7. 4

A 5-star review by 'Stana' 11/11/2013

Mr Ashley

Mr Ashley

My husband and myself had been trying to get on the property ladder for such a long time. It is not easy to buy a property when you are a first time buyer and want to buy in London...

We had been registered with so many estate agencies in our area but there was only one which kept calling us and updating us about any new available properties to be viewed.

To be honest the first impression was not the best one but when we got to know each other the things got easier.
    There were mostly two agents dealing with us: Scott and Kuljit who were an incredible blessing to us. They were friendly,... (read more)

8. 8

A 1-star review by 'A Haydar' 29/10/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I just can not believe that this type of people are allowed to run a business in this country. No manner whatsoever. I just called them to get details of a flat they advertised for sale. After they took all my details - he first started to argue why you want to buy this house if you can afford paying twice of this?? from when this is the estate agent job to stop you from buying something that you can easily afford? He then asked me which area you want to buy - which I replied HA9 and surrounding area- then he said the house you want to see is in HA8 which is not suitable for you and I can not show you that and put the phone down. Unbelievable - very rude. The worst experience I had calling an estate agent so far. Landlords please read this when you want to advertise your house with this estate agent. And Mark (whom I spoke with in the estate agent) - hope you read this feedback - please when you read this change whatever word comes to you mind with the word 'customer feedback/survey. Hope you and others find this useful.

What could Mark Ashley & Co do to change your mind??

“simple - just learn to respect customer.”

9. View All Comments (1)by Mark Ashley  29/10/2013

This gentleman called our office today. He refused to provide basic details such as address, email and financial details. We always try to establish what a customer is looking for i.e. price, location, type and size. This enables us to establish what the customer is looking for so we can offer a suitable property He refused to answer any of our questions and was extremely rude which is why I refused to deal with him. It is totally unfair that this type of review is allowed to be published without any evidence. In no way was I rude in the way this gentleman has described
  10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Kehinde' 23/9/2013

NW9

Mark Abrahams

From the onset,Mark Ashley & Co were dedicated/committed in proving an efficient service to me. I had a significant numbers of viewing arrangements and offers made immediately on my property. I was not tied into a contract until a buyer was found. The team worked well together and kept me informed of developments. Mark Abrahams was immensely helpful in all aspects of my sale - promptly arranged conveyancing and particularly liaised with other third parties on my behalf (in what could have been stressful for me). Mark looked after my interests vigorously. My experience was satisfying and pleasant. I would definitely recommend this agent and would certainly use the co in any future purchase/sale. Their service and approach is fantastic and impressive.
    Mark Ashley & Co went the extra mile to ensure a quick and smooth sale

11. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sonia' 5/9/2013

Mark Abrahams, Angelo

Mark AbrahamsAngelo

After having many bad experiences with other estate agents, I found Mark Ashley who had a wonderful property I was interested in. It was such a joy to work with them, as they cut out all the unnecessary games and were honest and trustworthy. They made my experience of buying a property easy and straight forward and guided me throughout the process as a first time buyer. I felt that they had a really good relationship with the seller which made the communication between both parties run smoothly. Mark, Angelo, Scott and Sandra work well together and are all really helpful and pleasant to work with. They all have a lot of knowledge in their industry and know what they are doing. I would highly recommend using Mark Ashley if you want to work with an estate agent who gets the job done with no hassle.

1. 16

A 1-star review by 'Raly' 17/7/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

They played with me, made me applied for mortgage, made me pay for the survey of a property, took me £500,00 deposit in case I change my mind in buying the property, they gave me the letter that the vendor accepted my offer and after they sold the house to somebody else. Maybe they received commission from the other person. Mark treat me very rude, he always spoke with a superiority air ,not professional at all. He was questioning about my integrity( because I'm not English citizen?)!!!! They said that they have done this with me for the security of the vendor!!! Where is my security???? Should not be legal all this!!! So, who ever goes there to Mark and Ashley from Burnt Oak, London, DON'T TRUST THEM!!!!!!!! they play with the people.

2. View All Comments (1)by Mark Ashley  19/07/2013

This review has been written by a lady called Mrs Zanc and she was buying a house in Burnt Oak via Mark Ashley & Co. The owner withdrew from the sale very late in the process because he decided to rent the house instead of selling. Mrs Zanc is understandably very upset and in thse situations the agent is always blamed. The system in this country is wrong and buyers and sellers should not allowed to withdraw when the othe party has spent monies on survey's, solicitors etc. The deposit paid to ous by Mrs Zanc was returned in full. Her other allegations are totally false!!
  3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Bharti' 17/6/2013

Mark Abrahams

I appointed Mark Ashley Estate Agents to sell my house and I have to say their service was fantastic. Mark did not waste any time in finding a buyer and his also helped me with all the legal process. Sandra was also very helpful. All process went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend Mark Ashley & Co.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Karen' 6/5/2013

Mark Abrahams

We used this agent after having a negative experience from another agent who lost us a sale. From the start the agents were clear, focussed and knowledgable about all aspects of the sale. They moved quickly and followed up all enquries promptly. They regularly kept us updated and returned phone calls after a message was left. They ensured plenty of viewings for our property which resulted in a very quick sale. We feel we made the right choice following our previous experience with another agent. We also bought a property with this agent and echo the same positive feelings mentioned above.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'lindseyg' 26/4/2013

Mark Abrahams

From the beginning Mark Ashley And co. knew what they were doing. As we have a Metal frame house only selected mortgages are used and they advise buyers straight away so that they are not wasting time arranging their mortgage. They are no way pushey or rude and kept me informed all the way through. I was not pushed in to signing an agreement with them. I only had to sign once a buyer was found which was the day after my block viewings and was SOLD the very next day. All these bad reviews are just estate agents in the area being jealous of someone elses succes. Well if you know what your doing you would be too. I have recommended them to everyone I know. So if you want a realiable honest agent that actually knows the area use Mark Ashely and Co.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Xah' 24/4/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold my property with Mark Ashley and have found them to be professional and reliable. I see from some of the reviews here that the staff have been described as "pushy" - they are, and if you are selling your place, pushy is what you need. Let's face it, you want an estate agent who is prepared to push your house on the market and to get the best price for you. Mark and his team worked flexibly with us to arrange viewings and tried to bundle them together to minimise disruption. A gentle relaxed person centred counselling approach to selling your house is unlikely to do this. When I have had issues with my ongoing purchase Mark stepped in and made some calls that reassured me and got things moving in the right direction. Mark offers no-nonsense, realistic advice. This was more important to me than someone telling me what I want to hear and then never getting an offer.

7. 1

A 4-star review by 'Jayne West' 24/4/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using this agent for more than 10years. When the owner of the company introduced himself to me, he explained how they work in finding me a tenant and how they will deal with all aspects of the tenancy. I would recommend this company to any landlord wishing to rent his property through this agency.

8. A 5-star review by 'Natalie Shaw' 24/4/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I found Mark Ashley & Co extremely helpful! The staff are very friendly and polite, they will go out of their way to help you. Would most defiantly recommend this estate agents to anyone looking to rent!

9. 15

A 1-star review by 'Moli' 19/4/2013

NW2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The worst agency ever. I am glad to see that others make the same points. So awful behavior. As soon as you sign the contract you will never see them again, if anything breaks in your property it is your problem. They get business because they look for elderly landlords and abuse their position. Does anyone know where to report them?

10. View All Comments (1)by Mark Ashley  22/04/2013

This review is a false review made up by another estate agent looking to cause trouble and besmirch the good name of Mark Ashley & Co. No complaint of this type has been made by a genuine customer. Allagents.co.uk does not check these reviews before publishing. Many of our genuine customers have tried to place positive reviews that have not been published. I wonder why?
  11. 11

A 1-star review by 'RRoberts' 18/4/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Rubbish. Will never use them. He was so rude and unprofessional. Never kept me updated on my offer and tried to fobb me off with other services they provide......

12. View All Comments (1)by Mark Ashley  22/04/2013

13. 10

A 1-star review by 'J Mistry' 21/2/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

This so called estate agent is a joke. Please note all the 5 star reviews are fake. How can they go from total rubbish to the best! let me tell you about what they really are like. They advertised my house for sale without any consent, it was already on with a local professional agent. Somehow they got my number and kept ringing me saying they had buyers. I told them I was already with an agent (who did sell my house) and to leave me alone and take my house off thier website. I nearly lost my buyer as they thought I was messing them about. Avoid these idiots. They should just close down and do the public a favour. They are rude, liars and sum everything up that is wrong with estate agents. i would rather eat my own head than have anyhing to do with these ignorant, arrogant clowns.

14. View All Comments (1)by Mark Ashley  23/04/2013

This review has been written by another estate agent to besmirch the good name of Mark Ashley & Co. allagents.co.uk have not verifyed this review and the alleged customer has made no contact with Mark Ashley & Co to make a formal complaint

1. 9

A 1-star review by 'Claire B.' 19/1/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible and rude bullies, must avoid. Also please note that all the 5-star reviews below are posted by the agency themselves.

What could Mark Ashley & Co do to change your mind??

“They should be out of business.”

2. View All Comments (1)by mark Ashley  06/02/2013

This is anothe estate agent trying to besmirch the good name of Mark Ashley & Co. This review has no basis of fact and cannot be verified independently.
  3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Trina Greany' 18/12/2012

Mark Abrahams

I really must say that this agent were excellent. We put the house on for sale and within days we had over 25 viewings and 5/6 offers, I must say I was shocked as all the other agents I had spoken to were so negative about the market and the house as it was metal. Mark was positive and did not care about it being metal, he was convinced that we could sell this house quickly and for a good price. They seemed to be very fussey with checking peoples money, which was great as the house round the corner had had sold and for sale board changing all the time where I guess sales had not gone through. We decided on one buyer and it went fine with no hickups. I was particulaly impressed with Mark as he even took over on the house I was buying as the agent I was using was useless.
    Over all I think that Mark Ashley are a great agent and you should call them to sell your house.

4. 11

A 1-star review by 'luxuryapartments' 12/11/2012

Mark Abrams

Mark Abrams

The agents were completely unprofessional and unforthcoming. They use bullying and aggressive tactics to get you to agree to their terms and conditions. I have never met such a rude and disrespectful individual as Mark. They have no concern about the tenants needs and only concerned about getting their commission. I can guarantee that when I come to purchase a house next year I will not be using their services. I hope that anybody considering using them will read this and stay far away. Do not get stuck in a house where they bully you to agree to the Landlords terms such as receiving mail to your property illegally. Despite the fact that it is illegal to receive bank statements to an address where you do not live I was told the alternative is to move out, rather than have the landlord change his address with the bank. Disgusting bullying, stay away.

5. View All Comments (1)by mark  05/12/2012

This review has been written by a lady "who" rented a house from Mark Ashley & Co in December 2011 . At no time has this lady made any complaint to ourselves. The landlord and herself agreed that he could still receive his mail at the property. This is not illegal. Prior to the contract being renewed the landlord insisted upon allowing his mail to continue to be delivered and the tenant agreed to do so. It is always disappointing to read a complaint of this type but the facts in this case are not as this lady has stated
  6. 11

A 1-star review by 'JD' 25/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Mark Ashley and co demonstrate everything there is that is bad about letting agents. After the initial period of charm, once you have signed with them their idea of customer service is to be as vile as possible. Steer well clear.

“Be civilized”

7. View All Comments (1)by mark ashley  22/04/2013

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mary' 9/3/2012

Mark Abrahams

I employed Mark Ashley Esate Agents to help me sell my house in Kenton. I met Mark Abrahams at my property. He was and is a smart professional polite man who is very dedicated to his clients. Mark and his staff worked incredibly hard to sell my houase and arranged for more that 40 buyers to come round. When Mark found a buyer he also helped me and my family throughout the legal process. Mark Ashley mad a very stressful process comfortable and easy to deal with. I have recemmended him to all my frienda and family and I hope this review convices other customers to use their services

9. A 5-star review by 'VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER' 2/2/2012

No branch selected

Mark Abrahams

I would like to thank Mark and his team for the fantastic work and service provided in selling my house. I originally used another agent who gave me a valuation that was way to high. Mark came to my house and showed me other houses that had sold in my road and immediate area. They then sent more than 20 people to my house and got several offers. Their approach is very refreshing. They work hard and do what they say which very unusual with estate agents. I have read the reviews from their longstanding clients and agree that they are a great agent. The other agent I used insulted Mark Ashley and called them names. My advise is that the other agents should learn how to be better agents rather than insulting the best agent in the area

10. 12

A 1-star review by 'unhappycustomer' 27/1/2012

Mark Abrahams

The agent who took us on viewings was helpful but once we started putting in an offer, Mark got involved and was very pushy. During the conveyancing process, he was very rude with us and our solicitor, and had an aggressive manner on the phone.
    Also, when we asked for a reduction in sale price due to inherent problems uncovered by the building survey, Mark told us that the costs that we were suggesting were unreasonable and completely unheard of in his 20+ years in the industry. Yet our requested reduction was subsequently confirmed by a surveyor (appointed by Mark Ashley) to be entirely reasonable.
    If you are in the unfortunate position of having to deal with these agents, suggest you ignore their rude and aggressive 'threats' and proceed at your own pace and rely on your own solicitors / surveyors.

11. View All Comments (1)by mark  31/01/2012

This is not a review that relates to a sale involviving Mark Ashley & Co. However we can state that we are employed by the seller of the property to achieve the best possible price. On occassion a buyer having agreed a price will try to renegotiate. As stated our duty is to the owner and sometimes buyers dont't like this. We believe that this review is ficticious probably written by another estate agent
  12. 1

A 5-star review by 'sterling' 24/1/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have known Mark Ashley Estate Agents for many years. I have taken the trouble to write this review to defend their name and explain to the public that they should ignore the false negative reviews written on this websie. I own a portfolio of properties and have used Mark Ashley to sell and let my properties. They have always looked after my best interests and their service is the best I have ever experienced. I would trust them with my life! It is my belief that their success has caused great jealosy amongst their competiors which is why they have been insulted in this way. If you use their services you will be very pleased

13. A 5-star review by 'dpain' 18/1/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using the services of Mark Ashley & Co for many years. I have also spoken to most other estate agents in the area as well. I would like to tell the readers of reviews that the negative reviews about Mark Ashley & Co are unfair and untrue. Other agents are very jealous of their success and the only way they can retaliate is to publish false comments. I have been a landlord and vendor for a long time and I believe that Mark Ashley are the best agent in the area. They are more ethical and honest than other agents. They also sell and let more properties than anyone else. Myself and other clients are writing these reviews to try and counter the false negative reviews that have been written by agents and not genuine customers

14. A 5-star review by 'millfield' 11/1/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I instructed an estate in Edgware call ABC Alderman to sell my flat. They told me thy had lots of buyers and would sell the flat very quickly. Nothing they told me was true, they sent 2 buyers in four months. When I complained they told me to be more patient. I then approached Mark Ashley & Co in Burnt Oak. They sent me 20 buyers in three weeks and to my delight sold my flat. They personally bought all of the buyers to my flat. They worked so hard and their service, attitide and proffesionalism was first class. If you are selling your property please use Mark Ashley & Co

Page: