Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 1552 ratings. This website contains 1552 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

• Manning Stainton is a 'Transparent Agent'

• Manning Stainton have signed a declaration to maintain public access to open and independent customer feedback and are awarded this best practice transparency profile by AllAgents.

By taking away the right to 'cherry pick' who gets to read these reviews, they have voluntarily exposed themselves to scrutiny from unhappy customers.

'Transparent agents' reviews are also subject to additional random verification checks
Learn More   Hide

• 16 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 18 high street branches across our region, including three dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

We’re open 7 days a week and ready to take your call from 8 til 8, so if you’re thinking of moving in 2015 call your local team of property professionals or visit our website.

Page last updated on: 27-Apr-2015 00:18:42

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 52)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Emma Parkinson Diane Sellars
    Emma ParkinsonDiane Sellars

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Fincher, Gemma Smithson
    £77500
    Rebecca Fincher Gemma Smithson
    Rebecca FincherGemma Smithson

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    LS8
    £415000
    John Putsman

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    HG3
    Tori Titheridge

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Louise Lawrence

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

wf1
    £100000
    Steve Backhouse

I can't speak highly enough of Steve. He has made the whole process so easy and was always there when I needed any advice. No problem was too small and I could contact him at any time and he would always get back to me quickly.
    I am a first time buyer, but I have dealt with other mortgage advisors in the past who don't come anywhere near the level of customer service that Steve has given me. I will recommend him to anyone and everyone I talk to who may be looking to buy in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Marcelle Goldberg, Ben Roberts
    LS22
    £1040000
    Marcelle  Goldberg Ben Roberts
    Marcelle GoldbergBen Roberts

We were given an excellent service by Marcelle and Ben at Fine & Country in Harrogate. Nothing was too much trouble and the process of buying the house was seamless from start to finish. Our purchase went through in only a few weeks and this was mainly down to the efforts of the Agents.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE FOR THE SERVICE OFFERED BY THE AGENT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 3 -star review by ''

LS10
    £575
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Deborah Tooley

I have never let a property before and found the process to be quite stressful, although the problems encountered were out of anyone's control I would have liked to have been kept more informed and updated. When I did receive emails or phone calls they were from a number of different members of the team so I was unsure who was dealing with my property. Having a designated contact/agent would have been more helpful for me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

LS19
    Matthew Pank

I have just purchase a property in Guiseley from Manning Stainton. My main contact was Matthew and he was extremely helpful through the whole process, even though this turned into a nightmare purchase. With Strucheral issues requiring building works to be done before I could complete.
    Matthew was constantly helping to push things along and get the deal over the line.
    I truly believe that without his support the deal could have fallen through at numberous times.
    Big thank you Matthew to you and the team.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

Matthew , Claire
    Ls20
    no photo no photo
    Matthew Claire

We have been very impressed by how professional and how much care is taken in selling our house. Claire took amazing photos of our house which showed it at its best. Matthew has been really supportive in arranging and doing viewings for us making it almost stress free which was really important as I was caring for a very young baby whilst trying to sell the house. Matthew has helped us to go through the process of accepting offers on the house. I am hoping that going through the final but of selling the house will be as easy!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    34 Main Street (Garforth) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Andrea Bentley, Debbie Tabiner
    Ls25
    £175000
    Andrea Bentley Debbie Tabiner
    Andrea BentleyDebbie Tabiner

When we contacted Manning Stainton, Steve Riley branch manager, was very prompt in coming to visit us and value our property. He was great explaining the sales process and importantly for us we never felt under any pressure and we valued his unassuming approach. We were offered an extremely competitive rate for our sale which was not matched by competitors. The photos of the house were quickly taken by Nathan the Manning Stainton photographer who did a great job showcasing our home. We were quickly added on to the Rightmove site and we're featured brilliantly in the shop window. The day... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COMPETITIVE AND THE BEST PACKAGE BEEN OFFERED IN COMPARISON TO COMPETITORS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Gemma Sheldon, Vicki Barber
    LS26
    £107000
    Gemma Sheldon Vicki Barber
    Gemma SheldonVicki Barber

Manning Stainton were efficient and incredibly professional throughout the whole process of managing the sale of our home. They were pro-active, communicated with us regularly, always knew what was going on, and followed up with feedback on our viewings. With this being the first time we've sold a property, we presumed that once they'd found us a buyer they'd take a step back and leave us to deal with it. However we found this to be far from the case, as Gemma continued to manage relationships between all the parties involved and chased things up on a regular basis. We can't fault the service Manning Stainton provided and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. Special thanks to Gemma and Vicky too - first class!

Comments on the Agents fees

“MANNING STAINTON WORKED VERY HARD FOR THEIR MONEY! WELL WORTH IT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

£138000
    Cheryl Broxup

Very pleased with the level of service I got from Manning Stainton, especially Cheryl at the Wortley office whose customer service was excellent

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£117500
    Nicola Dresser

Very happy with the service, Nicola kept me well informed and up to date throughout the whole process. Vishal was very helpful with searching for and arranging insurance

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    ls12
    £550
    Deborah Tooley

Deborah was excellent and very helpful. After going ahead with the property Deborah was quick and efficient in arranging the next steps, but though circumstances out of her control things didn't quite go to plan and we went for a different property. Deborah was extremely helpful and honest and I couldn't of asked for more. Thanks again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Abigail Williams, Louise Lawrence
    £231000
    Abigail Williams Louise Lawrence
    Abigail WilliamsLouise Lawrence

Excellent knowledge of local market and pricing conditions from Louise at initial marketing stage. Abigail was faultless at the offer stage; keeping me updated when necessary, and negotiating the best price for us. I also knew that our buyer was being treated fairly, which was important too. Overall: 10/10.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    WF3
    £129000
    Kristy Marsden

Fantastic team especially Kristy who gave regular weekly updates, chased solicitors seller and vendor for missing documents etc. Not once did I feel out of the purchasing loop.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Ls16
    £170500
    Matthew Pank

We dealt with Matthew throughout the entire process from organising the first viewing right up until today when we collected the keys. No enquiry was ever too much hassle and they were always answered efficiently. He always kept us updated no matter how small the update was which was a huge help when solicitor issues arose. Really helped to keep the process as stress free as possible!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Helen Hull, Julie Ann Stokoe
    LS27
    £400
    Helen Hull Julie Ann Stokoe
    Helen HullJulie Ann Stokoe

- excellent - fast service
    - got a tenant immediately
    - agent kept in touch
    - dealt with Morley Lettings few times now and will continue to do so.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

£475
    Deborah Tooley

I have used and dealt with Mannings now for many years. I have been looked after by Diane in the sales office brilliantly and have not used the lettings side before. Amadeep was amazing she completed her role quickly and the house was on the market within two days at a very competitive price. The letting was completed by Deborah who was exceptional through the process. Well done all those involved......

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

Helen Hull, Julie Ann Stokoe
    £495
    Helen Hull Julie Ann Stokoe
    Helen HullJulie Ann Stokoe

Within a few days of my property going into the market, multiple viewings had been arranged and conducted. This resulted in three applications at my chosen rent level. Unfortunately the applicant that I chose to proceed with pulled out but in response another raft of viewings were organised that ultimately meant that I was able to secure a tenant to move in within a week of the property being vacant.

22. 1
    person found this

£600
    Ella Murgatroyd

This is my first time i'm looking for a new flat with my boyfriend. Ella was very friendly and helpful. She always kept in touch with us through email and she always kept us informed and updated everything we need to know about the flat. We feel comfortable to contact with her and she did everything things run smoothly for us. We couldn't asked for a better and helpful agent! We cant wait to get new keys and move in new flat. Also thank you for everything!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

ls28
    Katie Whitaker

When i contacted Katie I didnt have much hope in getting a mortgage after previously been told we wouldn't be able to. However after speaking to Katie on the phone and explaining our circumstances she believed that she could get us a mortgage offer for the amount we wanted no problem. As we was in a rush to get a offer in principle Katie arranged to come see us within a few days at our home in the evening to suit us. From start to finish Katie was brilliant she went through all the different rates, mortgages etc that were available for us, also explained everything in full and answered any silly questions that we had! It wasn't a straight forward case as we were being messed about by our vendor but Katie chased the estate agents and also passed on to them all the information they need ID etc which saved us. I would highly recommend her to anyone and i am very satisfied with the service she gave us

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Jo Murgatroyd, Donna Driffield
    WF17
    £175000
    Jo Murgatroyd Donna Driffield
    Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

Jo has been excellent throughout the process in finding a mortgage. We were genuinely surprised at how extremely competitive the interest rates were as first time buyers and Jo made the whole experience as painless as possible. Donna was also extremely helpful when called upon. Would highly recommend

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Nicky
    £735000
    no photo
    Nicky

Manning Stainton recently sold a house for me in LS12. Nicky at the Lower Wortley Road branch gave me a 5* service and I'll be using her again the next time I sell.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Julie Ann Stokoe, Helen Hull
    £575
    Julie Ann Stokoe Helen Hull
    Julie Ann StokoeHelen Hull

Had a strict move in date earlier than the 2 week turn around and both agents did everything they could to make this happen for us. All contacts I had were met with a polite and very friendly manner. Thanks guys!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    WF4
    £187600
    Beverley Turner

We are just about to complete on buying a house through the Wakefield, Northgate branch of Manning Stainton. From our offer being accepted on the property, Beverley has been our main point of contact. She has been fantastic! She is so friendly and her customer service is second to none; she makes you feel that nothing is a problem or too much to ask. I requested email correspondence over telephone calls due to personal circumstance which, again, was no problem for her.
    Beverley has kept us informed of any developments immediately and, as a result, the purchase has been straight forward.
    We have a very high opinion of the service we have received from the Wakefield Manning Stainton team throughout our purchase, Thank you!

28. 1
    person found this

£600
    Ella Murgatroyd

Hello, it was my first time looking for flat to live with my girlfriend... we were pretty nervous and worried if anything happens, but once i contacted one lady from Manning Stainton, we immediately felt comfortable as i told them that we are deaf, she wasnt put off with the fact we are deaf. she was just happy to help us all the time, always answers the questions, no avoid or anything. Without Ella Murgatroyd, we would fail and give up quite easily.

So Ella, thank you for everything!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 4 -star review by ''

Abigail Williams, Rose Hall
    £231000
    Abigail Williams Rose Hall
    Abigail WilliamsRose Hall

The whole process was smooth. Rose was very helpful to show me the property and Abi has been very helpful in securing my offer and my negotiation with the seller.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Jo Murgatroyd, Donna Driffield
    £150000
    Jo Murgatroyd Donna Driffield
    Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

Jo was very helpful when it came to helping find our mortgage. As first time buyers she was very good at explaining all our options and making sure we understood everything we would need to know. She was very friendly and was always available for any questions or queries we had. Donna was great at getting all paperwork we needed to us and keeping us informed of the whole process. I am grateful to them both for their help in the purchase of our new home.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Lettings 9 Allerton Avenue (Moortown) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    £450
    Laura Parkinson

Laura performed the check out on my property after the tenant left. I found her to be very professional and extremely efficient. She communicated her findings to me promptly and was very clear and precise. I was very pleased with the experience and look forward to any future check outs/correspondence. Thank you and Keep up the good work.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Linda Jones

Linda was very helpful in setting up a viewing of a property we are interested in and was very quick in sending me details of other properties I maybe interested in. Really impressed with the service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Sellars, Joanne Brook
    BD11
    Diane Sellars Joanne Brook
    Diane SellarsJoanne Brook

Dianne was fantastic throughout the buying process particularly since I had issues with receiving funds from my pension. The delays caused by this covered a period of some 6-8months all through which she was excellent in dealing with my frustrations at the lack of movement of the whole buying process.
    Being a first time buyer she explained things clearly and in a way which I could understand. This was especially useful considering the delays and subsequent dealings with the vendor and mortgage provider. She allayed my anxieties all through this period and I would like to thank her for such a smooth ride in what could otherwise have been an extremely difficult and worrying time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

£400
    Sharron Kaur

We now live 160 miles from our property, so we are reliant on Manning Stainton.
    We have had one or two 'average' dealings with MS in the past, but since Sharron has been on the case everything has gone like clockwork. Sharron is efficient, she does what she says she is going to do, she does it with minimum fuss and delay, and she keeps everyone informed. To us being kept in the loop of what is going on is particularly important - we can't just pop over and check. So, good work Sharron, Thank you very much.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGENTS FEES ARE ALWAYS EXCESSIVE - YOU ARE 'OVER A BARREL' AREN'T YOU?”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

ls12
    £450
    Ella Murgatroyd

Excellent customer service with a lovely personal touch! Friendly and helpful, which was spot on for me at quite a stressful time of moving. I would recommend Ella and the Morley branch to anyone needing services within the sales or renting.