Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 1110 ratings. This website contains 1110 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• 15 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 37)

Page last updated on: 27-Nov-2014 13:53:16

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'David Young' 29/5/2014

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Austin' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Alec Broom' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    John Putsman
    LS8
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Barry & Sue Thornton' 20/5/2014

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'A Russell' 3/6/2014

Louise Lawrence
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Sophie and Nick' 27/11/2014

Hayley Janes
    YO24

Hayley Janes

As a first time buyer choosing a mortgage can be quite daunting - lots to read and learn. However I am so glad we choose Hayley as our mortgage advisor as she made the process very easy for us. She really helped us understand our options and made us feel very comfortable to ask lots of questions (even the silly ones that we had been nervous asking other mortgage advisors.) The mortgage options she gave us were competitive an there was a wide range of choice. We were also given insurance options and we found this really useful as it was another thing we needed to sort and something that Hayley also helped us to understand thoroughly. We got everything sorted with Hayley not only because we felt comfortable with her but also because she had the best mortgage and insurance options we could find. I would highly recommend booking an appointment with Hayley!

7. A 5-star review by 'Neil Hirst' 27/11/2014

BD23
    £198000

Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

Steven was a real asset to us when we came to purchase our first home and arrange our mortgage. He run through all of the mortgage options when we found the house we wanted to purchase remaining completely impartial in his approach. Being a Liverpudlian living in Leeds looking to purchase in Skipton, Steven really came into his own with his in depth local knowledge. When we found the right house and the mortgage application was completed, the wife was foaming with excitement. Looking back, he struck the perfect balance of letting us enjoy our first house buying experience whilst keeping our feet on the ground. He kept us appraised, as did Kerry, throughout the whole process giving us piece of mind. I wouldn't usually write a review but due to the dedication he showed throughout, Steven merits some public praise.

8. A 5-star review by 'Sarah' 27/11/2014

LS6
    £123000

Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

A thoroughly professional service. Steve and Kerry were very friendly and helped us to aquire a mortgage as stress free as possible. They made us feel at ease and would recommended to anyone wanting a friendly and professional service. Thank you Steve :)

9. A 4-star review by 'Darryl' 27/11/2014

Steve McConville
    LS7
    £108000

Steve McConville

I used Steve as the Mortgage advisor - his advice was well constructed and took into account my specific situation. Both in the initial "what's possible" meeting, and subsequent discussions to select the suitable product.
    His support staff were really good at keeping track of all the things going on and providing weekly updates and ensuring that everything was in place before the exchange date.
    I have recommended Steve to other friends looking at buying property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE SEEMED REASONABLE FOR THE FULL SERVICE PROVIDED: I WAS INITIALLY THINKING IT WAS A LITTLE HIGH, BUT THE CARE AND ATTENTION SHOWN THROUGH THE PROCESS LEFT ME HAPPY THAT PAYING MORE INITIALLY WAS WORTH THE AVOIDANCE OF PROBLEMS DOWN THE LINE.”

10. A 5-star review by 'martin & emma' 27/11/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Gemma Sheldon, Gerry Downs
    wf3
    £140000

Gemma SheldonGerry Downs

Gemma couldn't do enough for us. Late night calls to the office to give us updates. Rung around many different parties involved to get us answers and get things moving . Our all moving process was the most stressful situations anyone could be faced with and it wasn't the estate agents that made it a very unpleasant journey. Returned calls asap, spoke with our mortgage advisor to try and get information. Very polite, trustworthy, and extremely hard working. Even Gerry got involved and helped out and when things wasn't going in the right direction. Would I recommend this estate agents , yes ,but I doubt ill be using them anytime soon.

11. A 5-star review by 'Chris Reveley' 27/11/2014

Suzanne Stefaniuk, Michele Clarke
    LS4
    £550

Suzanne Michele Clarke

To date, the service I have received from Suzanne and then from Michele has been excellent. I really appreciated them solving an issue of getting keys from another estate agent to their office so that a viewing could take place. Michele has been very prompt and thorough in addressing a number of questions between me and the potential tenants so that we have managed all arrangements very straightforwardly.

I look forward to many years of similarly excellent service.

12. A 5-star review by 'Chris Reveley' 27/11/2014

Suzanne Stefaniuk, Michele Clarke
    LS4
    £550

Suzanne Michele Clarke

I look forward to many years of similarly excellent service.

13. A 5-star review by 'dannyw' 27/11/2014

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Julie Ann Stokoe, Deborah Tooley
    ls26
    £700

Julie Ann StokoeDeborah Tooley

Julie and Deborah were very helpful in finding a property that matched our requirements and arranging a viewing around my work schedule.

14. A 5-star review by 'Indy' 27/11/2014

Buying agent
    Vicky Berry, Simon Murphy

Vicky BerrySimon Murphy

Throughout the whole purchasing procedure Mannning Stainton at Moortown branch have provided an Excellent service from Viewing the property to exchange.
    The Sales Negotiator appointed to us was Vicky Berry. Vicky has been extremely helpful and always maintained a professional manner and was also very approachable throughout. Vicky provided regular updates as for the sale of our property and purchase. The process was fairly time consuming as we were in a chain and had to arrange a Mortgage.
    We choose the Mortgage Advise Bureau of Manning Stainton to arrange our mortgage and Simon Murphy provided a hassle free service. Again this was fairly time consuming due to our status, but Simon and the MAB team were approachable and very informative.
    I would highly recommend Manning Stainton at Moortown.

Comments on the Agents fees

“USED MANNING STAINTON FOR PURCHASING ONLY”

15. A 5-star review by 'John French' 27/11/2014

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Amanda Duerden, Zara Liddle
    HG2
    £165000

Amanda DuerdenZara Liddle

From very first point of contact found the whole team, including those not named above, to be most helpful, attentive to detail and professional. All went outside of what would normally be expected to ensure that the process was smooth and effective. Certainly a team in which one could rightly have every confidence.

Comments on the Agents fees

“STANDARD FEES ARE VERY REASONABLE, BUT PREPARED (IN MY OWN EXPERIENCE) TO NEGOTIATE ACCORDING TO CLIENT\'S PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS.”

16. A 4-star review by 'Paul Mercer' 27/11/2014

Chris Appleton
    LS7
    £115000

Chris Appleton

I have been very pleased with the service provided by Chris. He kept on top of things and always kept me updated. Many thanks.

17. A 5-star review by 'Lauren' 26/11/2014

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Julie Ann Stokoe, Helen Hull
    Ls27
    £675

Julie Ann StokoeHelen Hull

I have had a great experience with Manning Stainton. Both Juile Ann and Helen have been very helpful throughout our letting process and even came to rescue me when I got locked in my apartment. Overall very pleased with the service received.

18. A 5-star review by 'Pazit' 26/11/2014

£200000

Simon Murphy

I have allocated Simon as our financial advisor during my process of buying a house. I was looking for someone who would bear with me as I'm not a native English speaker, who would be willing to explain the ins and outs of every little detail I meet. Simon was the ONLY person that was SO professional, accurate, accessible and if bust would reply within a reasonable time. Simon has beautiful English and listening to him was very pleasant along with the fact that he has the skill to simplify the most abstract and difficult scenario that might happen, in such a clear phrasing. He has a sense of... (read more)

19. A 5-star review by 'Tom' 26/11/2014

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    Kelly Maw
    BD17
    £126000

Kelly Maw

The market was quiet and after a few months of little interest, Tom met a strong potential buyer after a new push from Kelly. The sale was not straight forward from the solicitors, with whom I know it was 'trying' for everyone involved - Kelly (Manning), Tom (seller), Alan (buyer), the buyers solicitors and the chain Tom was in. Levi's almost lost Tom and Manning Stainton the sale, but Kelly worked very hard and pursued Levi's throughout to ensure all deadlines were been maintained. Thank you Kelly for the sale of Toms apartment and the persistent work you did with Levi's Solicitors.

20. A 5-star review by 'KC' 25/11/2014

Chris Andrews, Charlotte Walker
    LS6

Chris AndrewsCharlotte Walker

Really pleased with the service from the staff at this branch.

Chris initially had a lot of contact with me during the few days my property was on the market. He provided me with feedback from viewers and was always very quick to reply to emails which was my chosen method of communication. He went to a lot of effort to assist in any way that he could.

Charlotte Walker has been a huge help and she has helped in many ways since the offer was accepted. Charlotte is always at the other end of an email or phone call and updates me on a regular basis. Moving house is one of the top 3 most stressful life events but Charlotte has always been there to help. She definitely goes above and beyond to help clients and is an asset to the branch. I cant thank Charlotte enough for the help she has given over the past few months making moving house as easy as possible.

21. A 5-star review by 'Claire Hale' 25/11/2014

Kerry Deighton, Steven McConville
    HG1

Kerry DeightonSteven McConville

I have used Steve in the past and wouldn't go to anyone else to do my mortgage, he always gives the best advice. Kerry is friendly and progressed our mortgage in a very professional manner. Excellent service all-round, couldn't recommend them enough.

22. A 5-star review by 'Adele Murphy' 25/11/2014

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lesley Alexander
    LS28

Lesley Alexander

Lesley has assisted me from the beginning in the sale of my property, which sold very quickly resulting in a very minimal amount of stress/worry for me, which Is something I was certainly expecting, so that was refreshing.
    Lesley kept me fully updated throughout, and at no point was I left in the dark.
    She was very approachable and helpful in every aspect.
    I am full of praise and have nothing at all negative to say about the way in which the sale of my property was handled by Lesley, absolutely excellent! Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“I USED THE \'EASY MOVER SCHEME\' WITH TAYLOR WIMPEY AS I AM PURCHASING A NEW BUILD PROPERTY SO THEY ARE PAYING MY ESTATE AGENTS FEES.”

23. A 5-star review by 'Emily' 24/11/2014

Katie Hannam
    LS13

Katie Hannam

Katie was brilliant when helping me find my first mortgage. She guided me through the whole process making buying my first home much easier. Katie was very friendly and professional throughout and I would recommend her to others.

24. A 5-star review by 'DG Smith' 24/11/2014

Steven McConville
    ls26
    £120000

Steven McConville

Steve McConville is polite, professional and really listened to our needs. His advice was excellent and we could not have asked for anything more from him. We will use Manning Staintons again because of Steve.

Thanks

25. A 5-star review by 'Debbie Shaw' 24/11/2014

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Paul Wilkinson
    LS16

Paul Wilkinson

The service we got from Paul was fantastic. We had been told we could not get a mortgage because of our current circumstances but it turned out that we could and that meant we could put an offer on the home we really wanted. Paul's expert knowledge was what made the difference.

On top of that, he was pleasant and friendly, efficient and helpful.

26. A 5-star review by 'K Blakeley' 24/11/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    No staff selected.
    LS26
    £130000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The service received was very good, they gave us clear information and kept us informed throughout the process of the sale. We had a quick sale and everything went smoothly. The staff were very friendly and approachable at all times.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE SATISFIED WITH THE FEES NEGOTIATED.”

27. A 5-star review by 'Jemma Hogarth' 24/11/2014

Jo Murgatroyd
    LS10
    £65000

Jo Murgatroyd

I was extremely satisfied with the service that Jo provided. It was my first experience of buying a property and applying for a mortgage and Jo was really friendly and patient throughout! I would certainly recommend her to others.

28. A 5-star review by 'Julia' 24/11/2014

Steven McConville, Donna Driffield
    LS18
    £223000

Steven McConvilleDonna Driffield

Steve and Donna were amazing, I didn't give them an easy task in trying to sort out a mortgage for me but despite the odds they managed it and I'm extremely grateful to them both.

29. A 5-star review by 'Stacey Blair' 24/11/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    Ls11
    £114000

Rebecca WakeGemma Smithson

I couldn't have asked for a easier way to sell my house.
    I shopped around with other agents and even though manning stainton where a little but more expensive I was confident they where the right people for the job.
    My house sold within 1 day of been a right move and Rebecca,Gemma and Julie kept me in the loop with the process and my buyers.
    I would recommend manning stainton for any house moves and if we ever move again I would definitely use this company.
    I even got a card delivered from them to our new address on Saturday, very happy.
    A++++++++++++++++++++++

30. A 5-star review by 'Mr Bleasdale' 24/11/2014

hg2
    £245000

Simon Murphy

From the first introduction phone call with Simon Murphy I was impressed with his professionalism and his excellent work ethic. Simon was happy to meet with us and or deal with us over the phone quite often out of hours and he always had a quick and complete response to our questions. I myself have worked in the industry for 10 years so I have high standards when it comes to buying my own house and I am please to say I have recommended Simon on numerous occasions already.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I ONLY TOOK A MORTGAGE THROUGH MANNING STANTON.”

31. A 5-star review by 'a king' 24/11/2014

ls6
    £19

Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

Steve and Kerry were excellent at helping us arrange our remortgage. Steve gave us excellent, professional advice, found us an excellent mortgage and most importantly saved us money. The case was handled quickly and smoothly and it was a relief to know that Steve and Kerry were on our side making sure everying went through ok. Thank you to both of you

32. A 5-star review by 'Mike S' 24/11/2014

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Shelley Bradley, Laura Walker
    LS8
    £175000

Shelley BradleyLaura Walker

Having previously tried to sell our propoerty through a different estate agent in the same area we were significantly more impressed with the professionalism and pro active approach from Manning Stainton. The whole experience was very positive and i would recommend using them.

33. A 5-star review by 'N Ross' 24/11/2014

Laura Parkinson, Kay Duggleby
    lS 1
    £1000

Laura ParkinsonKay Duggleby

Laura has been highly efficient and professional during the check out process , along with Kay Duggleby they both made the process far less stressful than it might have been, guiding me through my first change of tenant....thank you both so much!

34. A 4-star review by 'Caroline' 23/11/2014

HG1
    £163000

Simon Murphy

Simon was really good at helping me find my first mortgage, he also put in the offer for me and met me at a time convenient around my work hours. He made me feel a lot more confident about buying my first home.

35. A 5-star review by 'P K C' 23/11/2014

John Fletcher, Katie Hamilton
    £1000

John FletcherKatie Hamilton

Katie Hamilton was exceptionally supportive when there was a hiccough with the payment of rent. She was very thorough and resolved the matter quickly. John Fletcher has always responded to my requests promptly and efficiently.