Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 943 ratings. This website contains 943 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• 14 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 32)

Page last updated on: 24-Oct-2014 12:12:08

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'David Young' 29/5/2014

Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Austin' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Alec Broom' 3/6/2014

John Putsman
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Barry & Sue Thornton' 20/5/2014

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'A Russell' 3/6/2014

LS17
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by 'HSmith' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Karen Gouws, Gill Landale
    LS18
    £133650

Karen GouwsGill Landale

The team at Mannings Horsforth have been nothing but supportive from initial valuation to final completion of my sale. We had lost a couple of buyers initially, due to thier financial circumstances changing, and Mannings immediately had new buyers lined up ready to view. As flats tend to take a little longer to sell in the locality we had anticipated being on the market for a while, but in total we were only activiely marketed for 4 weeks. Our sale process has been 'challenging' to say the least but Gill and Karen have been fully supportive of our decisions and at no point did we feel that we did not have the information that was needed. They have really driven this sale through to completion as they were aware of the time constraints we were under. I am really happy with the service we have received and would most definitely look to use Mannings again in the future.

7. A 5-star review by 'Debra' 24/10/2014

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Helen Turner
    LS14
    £595

Helen Turner

Helen Turner...exceptional, delivered as promised on what could have been a difficult situation. Superb service , within promised timescales, highly recommended.

8. A 5-star review by 'Alec, Leeds' 24/10/2014

Michele Clarke
    LS16
    £850

Michele Clarke

Great service and communication throughout, from initial contact and viewing the staff were helpful and informative and special thanks to Michele who assisted with the application process and kept me informed and updated.

9. A 5-star review by 'Sue' 23/10/2014

Clare Frieze, Mathew Pank
    BD10
    £100000

Clare FriezeMathew Pank

I can not praise Manning Stainton enough for there professionalism and approach to selling my home, right from the start they recognised my needs and acted upon them, giving advice and support all the way, I have sold 4 homes in my lifetime and I would strongly recommend Manning Stainton to anyone as a caring considerate agent, although Mathew and Clare are my hero's I can honestly say every person I have spoken with has been knowledgeable and most helpful of any enquiries I have made. Bravo to you all and many thanks especially to Mathew.

10. A 5-star review by 'Gill Shackleton' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    20 Otley Road (Headingley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Chris Appleton, Chris Andrews
    LS4

Chris AppletonChris Andrews

Constantly keeping me informed of what was happening on a regular basis . Always professional and polite. Warm friendly and approachable whatever my concerns or worries ,whenever I chose to ring . I personally feel that nothing was too much bother.
    I would recommend this branch, in particularly ,Chris Appleton to anybody wanting to sell their house . I can't praise him highly enough. Gill Shackleton.

11. A 5-star review by 'Peers Hunt Ltd' 23/10/2014

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Sharron Kaur, Amardeep
    ls27
    £550

Sharron KaurAmardeep

A big thank you to the girls at the Morley branch for their continued hard work. A special mention to Sharron and Amardeep for keeping everything in good order and keeping our property full. A very professional service by a team who is always happy to go that extra mile. keep up the good work

12. A 5-star review by 'J Fairbrother' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Property Management
    WF3
    £475

Julie Ann Stokoe

The Manning team have been very professional and helpful in getting our property let. Especially Julie Ann who was always able to answer our numerous question on the rental process. It was so good to have an expert who could give us excellent advice at every step.

13. A 5-star review by 'Luke6692' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Kristy Marsden
    Ls26
    £95000

Kristy Marsden

Kristy was fantastic from the start, she negotiated with the seller for me straight away and was very professional and polite throughout the full experience! Super star!

14. A 5-star review by 'Suzanne rafter' 22/10/2014

John Fletcher
    LS13
    £500

John Fletcher

So impressed by the advise and support John gave me :) always going that extra mile to help! Massive thank you!

15. A 5-star review by 'elizabeth lewis' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    ls26

Julie Ann Stokoe

My husband and I found both members of staff very pleasant and helpful they answered any questions politely and concisely they made us feel welcome and also made us feel comfortable and enabled us to feel confident in asking questions and with dealing with the company

16. A 5-star review by 'Boris' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    134-136 Lower Wortley Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    LS12
    £67000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The cheery staff were always there to help you and managed what would have been a potentially difficult sale with professionalism and personality.

17. A 5-star review by 'GP' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Carol Hartley
    LS14

Carol Hartley

We received excellent service from Carol during the purchase process. This was not a straight forward purchase and initially fell through, but with Carol's help we were able to get the everything restarted, back on track and eventually completed.

In my opinion Carol went above and beyond and I cannot praise her highly enough. Carol was proactive in ensuring things moved along and always pleasant to deal with. She is an excellent ambassador for Manning Stainton and hopefully the company appreciates and recognises the effort she puts into her job.

I have no hesitation in recommending Carol Hartley and the Crossgates branch of Manning Stainton.

18. A 5-star review by 'Karl' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Beverley Turner
    wf1

Beverley Turner

The staff at Manning Stainton Wakefield were fantastic during our sale/purchase. We experienced lots of problems en route but the team were always on hand to offer expert support and overcome barriers. We would highly recommend MS to anyone selling a property in Wakefield.

19. A 5-star review by 'VC' 22/10/2014

ls17
    £495000

Louise Lawrence

excellent service; regular communication; dealt efficiently and patiently. I would highly recommend Louise to anybody interested in selling or buying property.

20. A 5-star review by 'Sue Mesa' 22/10/2014

Kevin Lawson, Shelley Bradley
    Ls8

Kevin LawsonShelley Bradley

Manning stainton helped us to find a property to buy and also to arrange mortgages. They were ultra professional at all times and much more so than our experiences of other local agents. Kevin helped is with our mortgage and we are very happy with the mortgage he found. Would highly recommend manning stainton

21. A 5-star review by 'Dave' 22/10/2014

Debbie
    Ls26
    £700

Debbie

Great service. There were a few issues with the property and the landlord didn't appear to be very pro-active in getting them resolved but Debbie made things happen, got all the work done and my moving date was only delayed by one day.

22. A 5-star review by 'Paul Goulding' 21/10/2014

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Jamie Brooke, Liz Whitworth
    wf2
    £162000

Jamie BrookeLiz Whitworth

I appointed Manning Stainton to deal with the sale of my elderly parents property with a view to moving them close to me due to their ill health. I had interviewed three other estate agents who I was not entirely happy with.
    Jamie came round and immediately impressed with his knowledge of the local area prices and pleasant demeanour. He gave my parents certain re-assurances both verbally and in writing and kept them.
    He priced the house higher than two of the other estate agents had said we would get and we achieved a sale on the first viewing.
    Within two weeks we had agreed a sale price... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE”

23. A 5-star review by 'Sophie' 21/10/2014

Louise Rusby
    Wf14
    £133000

Louise Rusby

Louise was so helpful and had everything in control. I never needed to worry. Whenever I emailed Louise she would reply straight away even when it was out of work hours. Louise made the process for buying my first home near enough stress free!
    Would highly recommend her if you want a fast and smooth process.

24. A 5-star review by 'Glenn & Carole' 21/10/2014

Shelley Bradley
    £680000

Shelley Bradley

We've recently sold a house through Manning Stainton and we would like to pass on our huge thanks to Shelley for all of her help throughout the legal process. There were some tense moments towards the end of the sale process but this was not the fault of the buyers, agents or ourselves. Shelley kept us constantly up to date and was as relieved as the buyers and ourselves when the purchase suddenly went through. I don't think any of us had any nails left on the day that we exchanged and completed simultaneously!! Shelley was literally constantly on the phone to all parties. She was wonderful. Thank you to our buyers too for sorting out the hitch with the Underwriters. Good work all round.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEIR FEE WAS WELL EARNED.”

25. A 5-star review by 'K Robinson' 20/10/2014

£215000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have recently sold our house through Manning Stainton in Guiseley. All the staff were unbelievably helpful and willing to go the extra mile in advising us on the purchase of our new property. Having to deal with other agents in the area highlighted just how professional the team at Manning Stainton are!
    I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to sell there property.

26. A 5-star review by 'D. Sunley' 20/10/2014

Paul Wilkinson, Linda Brown
    ls19
    £132000

Paul WilkinsonLinda Brown

We have been working with Paul & Linda for a number of months now as first time buyers.
    The support and guidance given by Paul has been really valuable. Being a first time buyer can be a bit overwhelming at times but each step was explained to us and we felt as though the advice being given was driven by experience rather than commission led.
    They have given us regular updates and advice and made sure we had everything we need for a smooth process.
    I have already recommended Paul and the team to others.

27. A 5-star review by 'EHW' 20/10/2014

Kay Duggleby
    LS19
    £700

Kay Duggleby

Dealing with Manning Stainton was quick and efficient. Kay did and excellent job and got us into the property as quickly as possible. She kept us updated at all times and we were delighted with the service received. Thank you!

28. A 5-star review by 'Gary' 19/10/2014

Katie Hannam
    LS7
    £109000

Katie Hannam

We dealt with Katie a couple of years ago, this was the first time we had bought a propriety so it was all new to us. Katie helped us though the whole period and made it simple and stress free, Katie was always willing to help us at anytime even with little quick phone calls just to put our minds at rest. We are planning to move again next year and will be more than happy to have Katie helping us though it all. Highly recommended

29. A 4-star review by 'Jo' 19/10/2014

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Joanne Williams
    LS13
    £117500

Joanne Williams

Joanne was always very helpful when I had any questions, and offered advice when I needed it. Thank you for your hard work.

30. A 5-star review by 'Matt Brooke' 19/10/2014

£245500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Manning Stainton were absolutely great in dealing with the sale of our Property. They were accurate and professional in their valuation of the Property, and managed our expectations well. They also did everything they could to prioritise the sale for he Property, including recommending promotions and opportunities for increasing the visibility of the Property. They dealt with Buyers well and promptly reported feedback, both good and bad, and ultimately negotiated a strong purchase price. Manning Stainton were however strongest post acceptance of an offer, and they really dismiss the myth that agents are necessary when selling Property. They proved an excellent liaisons between Buyer, Seller and lawyers on both sides steering the sale to a successful outcome and overcoming issues which arose along the way. I wouldn't hesitate to use Manning Stainton's Guiseley Office again.

31. A 4-star review by 'Hari' 18/10/2014

ls11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Cooperative, easy reachable, Helped with quick processing and good explanation of contract
    Able to setup viewings in short time possible

32. A 4-star review by 'Friendly, helpful service' 18/10/2014

Shelley Bradley, Helen Taylor
    £162000

Shelley BradleyHelen Taylor

We were very impressed with Manning Stainton, from our very first contact with Helen Taylor who came to value our property. Shelley was our contact point from then on for all viewings and throughout our sale. Every contact we has with Shelley was always pleasant and informative. We came across a number of issues throughout the sale, and Shelley kept calm, reassuring and always answered our questions or went back to ask our question on our behalf. Shelley was a thorough liaison between ourselves, solicitors and the buyer, and we are very grateful with how she worked with us. Thanks Shelley and thanks to the Manning Oakwood team.

33. A 5-star review by 'Stef' 18/10/2014

Jo Murgatroyd
    LS27

Jo Murgatroyd

I was very pleased with the advice and service received by Jo Murgatroyd, she was beyond excellent, very clear, honest and straight to the point. She explained what choices I had in detail, and she was always available for any queries I had through the process. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. I will definitely contact Jo again in the future and will recommend to anyone.

34. A 5-star review by 'Kirsty Morgan' 17/10/2014

Kelly Maw
    £219950

Kelly Maw

I have recently sold and bought a house with Kelly at the Guiseley brand. Kelly has always been professional and very quick to reply to my (many) emails and questions. It is a stressful time, however, Kelly helped to ease the stress by being prompt with my queries and honest so I had more realistic expectations. Kelly also took fabulous photos of the house I've sold and had great knowledge of the local area in order to value it perfectly. Thank you Kelly for everything you've done!

35. A 5-star review by 'Katie Hannam' 17/10/2014

Katie , Rose Hall
    £127500

Katie Rose Hall

I found my experience with MAB and Katie as my mortgage advisor excellent. She is extremly professional and friendly. Katie made the whole process seemless making a daunting process for a first time buyer like myself easy and hassel free which made me feel confident, happy and satisfied in the work and advise she provided. The service was very good value for money and all details were made clear and easily understandable. I have recommened her services to others and will definately use MAB/Katie's services again.

Rose Hall the agent that I purchased the property through was also extremely freindly, informative and provided an excellent service in dealing with myself and the vendor to make the purchase possible.