Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 1282 ratings. This website contains 1282 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• They manage our building
  • They are our factor
  • They manage our estate

• They arranged our mortgage238
  • Re-Mortgages (Prospective Customer)
  • Mortgages (Prospective Customer)

• Surveys1

• 14 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 43)

Page last updated on: 26-Jan-2015 11:34:21

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

John Putsman
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Louise Lawrence
    LS17
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by ''

£138500

Laura Walker

I found Manning Stainton Oakwood to be excellent. They had good local knowledge and had obviously done research prior to me meeting with them before putting the property on the market. They offered sound negotiating advice when an offer was made and provided excellent feedback after every viewing and throughout the sale process. The agent I dealt with was Laura Walker who was excellent throughout the process and clearly had detailed personal knowledge of my sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE WAS MARKET COMPETITIVE AND I WAS ABLE TO AGREE A REDUCTION ON THE FEE INITIALLY QUOTED”

7. A 5-star review by ''

No staff selected.
    £280000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

An outstanding level of service from start to finish. As a first time buyer, buying a house can be a mine field, however the clarity of information provided enabled us to make informed decisions that best suited our needs. The staff were always available to answer any questions and were quick to respond to any queries that we had. Should we need to buy or sell in the future we will definitely return to the staff at this branch for guidance.

8. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    wf3

Steve Backhouse

Steve has been one of the most patient, nice and helpful people I dealt with.
    Very knowledgable and experienced. Explained everything and tried to make everything as clear and simple as possible.
    We were able to contact with him via email, text or phonecall, arrange meeting with a very short notice.
    Very pleased I got such a brilliand Agent.
    Thank you very much Steve for all what you've done for us.

9. A 5-star review by ''

£173000

Laura Walker

Laura was courteous and friendly at all times. She kept us fully informed with what was happening. She gave us constructive advice and we really appreciated her help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

£157000

Matthew Pank

We've just bought our first home through Manning Stainton - we've dealt via Matthew.

Matthew was very welcoming and friendly right from the first time we met him. He has a very relaxed approach and allowed us to view the property at our leisure - there was absolutely no pressure or irritating sales tactics.

Professional, knowledgable and approachable - the agent has been everything we could've hoped for!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    134-136 Lower Wortley Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Cheryl Broxup
    LS12
    £85000

Cheryl Broxup

Communication is the key and Cheryl kept me up to date every step of the way, be it via phone or email.

Cheryl always sounded extremely enthusiastic, even when I was getting frustrated by the process.

I cannot thank her enough for the efforts she went to.

A professional service from start to finish.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

ls12
    £159

Jo Murgatroyd

We cannot speak highly enough about the service we received from Jo, Jo provided very clear and informed advice and was always friendly and professional . We were kept up-to date with the progress of the mortgage at all times, Jo really helped us understand our options and made us feel very comfortable to ask lots of questions, we would definitely recommend Jo's services to others and would use Jo again if required. Kim and Rob

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5-star review by ''

WF3

Steve Backhouse

We highly recommend Steve Backhouse from the Rothwell Branch of Manning Stainton.
    He gave us really good advice, explained everything, nothing was too much trouble.
    As 1st Time Buyers we were a little nervous about getting on the Property Ladder, but Steve put our minds at ease & walked us through the process Step-by-Step.
    He answered all of our (many) questions & was just a phone call away if there was any problems.
    Steve deserves the best score... 10/10 or 5 *****

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    No staff selected.
    Wf3
    £120000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From start to finish, the girls kept me up to date with all the goings on regarding the sale. All in all a very good team at Rothwel. Would recommend any time.

Thanks again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5-star review by ''

Kevin Lawson
    £138500

Kevin Lawson

Pleasant, courteous and always willing to help. Being a first time buyer, it was great to have people that were approachable, reassuring and supportive. Made the whole process a lot less stressful than I anticipated.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  16. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Joanne Williams, Karen Coates
    LS13
    £85000

Joanne WilliamsKaren Coates

Joanne and the team have been very accommodating keeping me posted on properties I may be interested in and those that met my criteria. I have viewed quite a few properties before I found the ideal one and none of it has been any trouble. Joanne and Karen have assisted with viewings and have always had the relevant info required.
    I would recommend this branch and certainly Joanne and Karen for their customer service alone, never too much trouble keeping me posted and up to date. However overall they have been excellent and I would definitely use them again and recommend them. Thank you

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5-star review by ''

£151500

Matthew Pank

We were very impressed with Manning Stainton. We instructed them to sell our property in September whereby Claire set everything up but then after that we dealt with Matthew Pank whom we found exceptional. Very helpful, very informative kept us updated every step of the way.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5-star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Sharon kaur
    LS10
    £170000

Sharon kaur

We've had a very good experience with Sharon Kaur and the team and Manning Stainton. They're always helpful, professional and courteous. Will definitely be using them again in the future.

19. 1
    person found this

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lisa Milsted, Andrea Bentley
    LS15
    £95

Lisa MilsteadAndrea Bentley

I would like to say how pleased I am with the service I received from all the staff at the cross gates branch, I would like to mention Lisa Milstead, with her bubbly personality made me feel at ease selling my home, I felt all the staff dealt with all my queries in a professional manner and always friendly when I went into the office. A special mention and a thank you to, Lesley Robinson, Carol Hartley, Emma Hart and Natalie Adkin and not to forget Andrea Bentley for sorting out the mortgage for us. Once again thank you and if I ever move again I would definitely be using Manning's.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Otley Road (Headingley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Chris Andrews
    LS6

Chris Andrews

We have been working with Chris Andrews on our purchase since September and I must say he has been excellent at all times. I was seriously taken by his commitment in supporting us during the offer process with the vendor as well as throughout the entire process of the purchase.

There were some setbacks and delays with solicitors here and there as you might expect, Chris was always supportive, advising on good courses of action and pushed things along with all parties. Way over and above anything I would have expected.

I would have no hesitation in recommended Manning Stainton, they have been a delight to work with and I would fully recommend them to anyone making a purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 5-star review by ''

£157000

Matthew Pank

Matthew has been extremely helpful throughout the whole selling process. He handled viewings well in my absence and sold the virtues of the property to the prospective buyers, resulting in the second couple who viewed being the ones to make an offer very close to the asking price, which we accepted. After this he was extremely good at communication with me about the various stages ahead and any issues were dealt with very promptly and usually over the phone which allowed me to ask more questions and develop a more trusting relationship with him.

All in all he has been more than I could have ever asked for from my estate agent and would absolutely be coming back to Matthew the next time we come to sell our house.

Luke Rothery

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 5-star review by ''

£550

Ella Murgatroyd

We came to Manning Stainton as a result of my previous landlord not paying her mortgage & having the property repossessed,I was very stressed & Ella Murgatroyd was extremely helpful & did everything she could to help us find somewhere new in the short amount of time that we had,she kept in contact regularly to keep me informed of how everything was going.After having such bad service from my previous estate agents,she was just what we needed,very professional,friendly & very easy to get along with.From our first visit,to us getting our keys it took only a few weeks,we were extremely happy with the service we received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5-star review by ''

Louise Rusby
    ls9
    £75000

Louise Rusby

I used Louise Rusby to help in securing a mortgage on my first house. I needed a LOT of extra advice as a first time buyer and Louise never let me down. Louise answered all questions within 12 hours no matter how silly they might of been. I could of not asked for a better person to help me through one of the most stressful thing I will ever do. I would recommend her to anyone who needs help in this field.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I LOOKED AT A FEW DIFFERENT AGENTS AND LOUISE WAS FAIRLY PRICED. SHE DID A LOT MORE FOR ME THAN WAS QUOTED FOR SO ID HAVE TO SAY SHE WAS AMAZING VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 5-star review by ''

Paul Wilkinson
    Ls8

Paul Wilkinson

Great, personalised service and always happy to help. Very flexible appointment times, no pressure sales and fee worth every penny. Thanks again Paul!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Gill Landale, Helen King
    LS18
    £355000

Gill LandaleHelen King

Had been with another agent for 6months with no sale. Manning Stainton sold the property within a couple of weeks. All the staff are very committed to giving their best for the clients and have a very positive outlook. We have been very happy with all they have done for us from the first contact and would recommend them highly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  26. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    ls12
    £450

Ella Murgatroyd

I have all information and Ella answered all my questions. I didn't have problems from first day.
    Modestas and me are happy.
    Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 5-star review by ''

Shelley Bradley
    LS7
    £212000

Shelley Bradley

Shelley was very diligent, especially at crucial moments of our sale - chasing up solicitors and generally keeping things moving forward. Shelley also arranged - when there was not much time - an electrical survey, and helped explain its implications. She seemed always to have time for us, and to be confident that everything would work out. This was very much appreciated.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  28. A 4-star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Laura Parkinson
    £600

Laura Parkinson

Laura was very helpful and quick to respond during a difficult tenant changeover. Gave me confidence that they had it all in hand

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5-star review by ''

Helen Southcombe
    LS6
    £450

Helen Southcombe

Once I had viewed the property, I knew that I was very much interested in renting it. I had first rang the estate agents to enquire more information and they were extremely helpful and said that they will get in touch with the Landlord to find out more. Which is exactly what happened, within two days my queries were met and agreed too and the procedure was on it's way. At this point I was assigned to Helen who was swift with sending through my reference forms and following them through. Any other questions she had answered quickly and was in constant communication with myself and the Landlord. Within 7 days a move in date was agreed same with the additional fixtures that were agreed to be done to the house.
    Overall I am extremely happy with the service, Helen was friendly and helpful. Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FELT THAT THE FEE\'S WAS EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY\'RE WORTH. PREVIOUS ESTATE AGENTS IN LONDON HAVE CHARGED £75.00 AND THEN ADDITIONAL FEE\'S FOR GUARANTOR CHECKS (APPROX £50), BUT IN THIS INSTANCE IT WAS £156 FOR REFERENCE/APPLICATION FEE\'S ALONE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 5-star review by ''

Wf3
    £160000

Jo Murgatroyd

Jo is very professional and very efficient, she helped me get the right mortgage for the property and also gave me good advice, jo is a very friendly person and communicated well. I would definatly recommend her to anyone and use her again myself.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  31. A 5-star review by ''

WF1
    £115000

Jo Murgatroyd

The service we have received from Jo has been excellent. As first time buyers we had no idea where to start when purchasing our first home. Jo has helped us from the very start, answering all our problems. If we were ever unsure about anything, we felt Jo was the best person to go to for help. I could ring and email Jo (which I did quite a lot) and I got all the answers I needed. She has been brilliant and we cant thank her enough for everything. Thank you Jo!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  32. A 4-star review by ''

Steven McConville, Kerry Deighton
    LS16
    £115000

Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

The service provided was overall good. Staff were friendly and helpful and dealt with problems/questions quickly. The only drawback is that we didn't have much details regarding the process (i.e how the choice of the solicitors, the mortgage lender etc.. had been conducted). A part from that, we feel we would definitely recommend this service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE BUYING A FLAT SO I CANNOT KNOW IF THE FEES WE PAID WERE TOO EXPENSIVE OR NOT. WE DON\'T HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPARE WITH.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  33. A 5-star review by ''

Louise Rusby, Kerry Deighton
    LS17
    £89500

Louise RusbyKerry Deighton

We used Louise to secure our new mortgage, she was very helpful in finding the best mortgage to suit our needs.
    Kerry was very helpful in processing the mortgage application and communication with us was very good as we needed the mortgage to be processed quickly.
    I would happily deal with Louise and Kerry again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  34. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Abigail Williams
    Ls17
    £184000

Abigail Williams

Fantastic service by Manning Stainton and by Abigail in particular. She was patient and helpful throughout the whole process from the first offer until completion date. Definitely worth asking for if you contact this branch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  35. A 5-star review by ''

Diane Sellars
    Ls27
    £93000

Diane Sellars

Diane in Morley office was of great help to me. She is a lovely pleasant and efficient lady and kept me reassured throughout the sale of my property thank you Diane!