Browse agents by letter
';
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 465 ratings. This website contains 465 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 16)

Page last updated on: 23-Apr-2014 18:46:10

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Mrs M Chilver' 11/12/2013

6A Albert Street
    Ben Furnell, Tori Titheridge
    HG14

I was very pleased with the good service we received from the team at the Harrogate office which has just opened in the town. Ben came out to value the property and he was careful to check what other properties had made in the area which impressed me. He was very friendly and helpful and he quickly got the photographer out and brought other staff to view the property so they knew what they were talking about when speaking to customers. Torri kept in touch very regularly and told us what the people who viewed had felt about the property. I felt that the sale was handled efficiently and professionally. I would recommend Manning and Stainton to other people selling in Harrogate.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  11/12/2013

Hi Mrs Chilver, thankyou for your review. Our Harrogate office is new as you have mentioned and to hear such positive feedback is great, especially your individual mentions for Tori & Ben. Recommendations mean a lot to us so thankyou. We wish you the best of luck in your new home.
  2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Ryan S' 11/12/2013

Emma Parkinson
    WF3

I have purchase a property through Manning Stainton in Morley, Leeds recently.

I dealt with Emma through out the transation. She was always very helpful and is a primary reason that the chain completed (it very nearly didn't due to other parts of the chain). Emma despite a very challenging transation was always cheerful and went way beyond the extra mile to ensure that things were moving along.

I would abosolutely recommend Manning Stainton to purchase through and particularly the excellent service provided by Emma and her colleagues.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  11/12/2013

Hi, thankyou for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that you had such a good experience with Emma and our Morley Branch. Now that the purchase has completed after a testing chain, I hope you enjoy your new home.
  3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Adamson' 11/12/2013

Louise Lawrence
    LS17

Just to say we have just sold our house with manning stainton and feel we were given excellent service from Louise Lawrence.
    She was always very proffesional and honest which we feel is so important.
    We would both like to say a huge Thankyou to Louise and her team for all their help and support we received.
    Many thanks
    Mr and Mrs Adamson

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  11/12/2013

Hi Mr & Mrs Adamson, thankyou for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased to hear that you received an excellent service from Louise and the team at our Moortown Branch. I'm sure she will appreciate reading your kind comments. We wish you the best of luck in your new home.
  4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Jun' 3/12/2013

Laura Walker
    LS8

We sold our property through Manning Stainton Oakwood branch. We also bought a property through the same branch as well a few years ago. They were very professional and their service was very good. They even opened on Sunday. It was our first time to sell our property, so Laura and Lisa gave us a lot help to make the case easy. We sold our property in 4 weeks. Very happy with the result.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/12/2013

Hi there, thankyou for your review. We are really pleased to hear your feedback regarding the good service you have had with our Oakwood sales office, we hope you have settled well into your new home.
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Alan' 6/12/2013

62 Austhorpe Road
    LS15

I would like to record my thanks for their fantastic service in selling my parents home.

Ideally we wanted a quick sale and following their guidance on suggested price, the property was sold within 2 weeks of being offered for sale.

They could not have been more helpful from the time they visited to view the property to when contacts were exchanged and during the sale process we were regularly advised of progress.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  10/12/2013

Hi, thankyou for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your parents have had such a positive experience with our Crossgates Branch and we wish you all the best.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Chris Taylor' 23/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service received from the Manning Stainton Oakwood Branch has been excellent - professional, pro active and approachable throughout - starting with my initial viewing of the property, during the purchase of the property and, once I had refurbished the property, their advice in marketing and selling the property. I would very happily buy or sell future properties with the Oakwood team as I know I will be in good, experienced hands.

7. A 5-star review by 'Mr Sheir' 20/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We like the personal service from Chris and his colleagues in the office when we purchased our property. Also we really appreciate the after-sale-service, which is a very important step to help us settle down quickly and easily. We always got the help we needed. A very good team.

8. A 5-star review by 'Julian F' 17/4/2014

Vicky Berry
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently bought my house using MS, throughout the process I found Vicky Berry to be incredibly helpful, proactive and friendly. Would have no hesitation in recommending my friends deal with her where possible.
    Many thanks

9. A 5-star review by 'Helen P' 16/4/2014

Louise Lawrence, Mark Manning
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Sold my house through Manning's and received fabulous service. Great advice and help from Mark when I put the property up for sale - cannot recommend him enough. With regards to the sales process, it has been a long slog since the deal was agreed over 3 months ago but Louise has been with me all the way - couldn't speak highly enough of her persistence and professionalism. She has also proved to be an excellent counsellor too when the going got tough! They do what they say they are going to do and I felt that my best interests were always kept absolutely in the front of their minds. I wouldn't sell another house without them.

10. A 4-star review by 'Fiona' 14/4/2014

Nicola Dresser, Cheryl Broxup
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very friendly, reliable service from the team at Manning Stainton. They always answered my queries and call be back right away which is much appreciated during the anxiety of buying your first home.

11. A 1-star review by 'sami' 14/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

Whilst ultimately my house sold 6 months after accepting an offer, I don't feel the service from Manning was very good at all. I feel they were working harder for the buyers than me, not keeping me well informed and taking advantage of my situation. Numerous times they took the buyers back and forth to the house without asking permission. They would not have been able to do that if I was living there blatant disregard was given for the fact I would be the one picking up the bill if anything went wrong. Damage was caused house by the buyers and their surveyor and manning did nothing despite me reporting it numerous times. If the sale hadn't gone through I would have had to fork out for the repair. They seemed to allow the buyers act like the house was already theirs and you would think the buyers were paying their fees rather than me!. Needless to say I won't be using manning again the service wasn't worth their high percentage and I am seriously considering making a formal complaint the the regulating body / ombudsmen.

What could Manning Stainton do to change your mind??

“I think it needs to be remembered which party are paying the fees.”

12. A 5-star review by 'Andrew Wilson' 8/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We sold our house Via Manning Stainton. Our contact Cheryl Broxup worked tirelessly on our behalf. We had a great deal of issues considering there was no chain (none of which were our or Manninng's making). She was always contactable and returned our calls with professionalism and a very cheery manner. I would certainly recommend Cheryl, and would like to thank her for all her help. The only section that soured the process were our solicitors, who were recommended by Mannings. Levi's did little to keep us informed, and if not for Cheryl, we would not have had much feedback about the sale or most of the issues arising from it. I would Give Cheryl 10 out of 10 and the solicitors 2 out of 10.

13. A 5-star review by 'Gary & Natalie Toft' 7/4/2014

LS7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We used Maning Stainton for the sale of our house and it was Chris Andrews whom looked after the sale from start to finish. We would highly recommend his services as he was not just professional but kept us informed and in the loop at every stage throughout the process. The moment we had any interest, viewings or offers he let us know and if could not get hold of one of us he made sure he got hold of the other. He helped push for the sale on our behalf and gave good advice on what to do and how to approach it all. The sale went smoothly, as with most sales there is always a little bit of stress but he reassured us and spoke to us regularly with what was going on. He gave us peace of mind which was important for us. Thank you very much Chris for your help.

14. A 5-star review by 'John E' 5/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been delighted with the service from Manning Stainton (and especially Cheryl personally). We recently completed a sale on our house and despite a lot of complexities, largely as a result of the various solicitors involved - Cheryl provided excellent communication and helped ensure the sale remained on track.

Overall, excellent customer service was given - always friendly and engaged - and probably the reason the sale didn't fall through(!) I would certainly recommend Manning Stainton and Cheryl to anyone.

Thank you!
    John

15. A 5-star review by 'Mr L' 3/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would reccomend the Wortley branch. I both sold and bought a property through the branch. My sale was quite difficult at times and my purchase went through quickly. Throughout both transactions Cheryl was very professional and kept me up to date all the way with progress. She chased solicitors regularaly ensuring they kept my case at the top of their list. Brilliant. Thanks.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hi there, thankyou for taking the time to write your review. I'm sure Cheryl will be really pleased to read your comments, best of luck in your new home.
  16. A 5-star review by 'Gill' 1/4/2014

Gill Landale, Karen Gouws
    LS16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service from all staff in particular Gill and Karen. I was kept informed at all times of progress made in respect of my sale. They dealt with all viewings on my behalf and dealt with various problems which occurred following the sale professionally and efficiently. I felt very comfortable dealing with them they were approachable and cheerful at all times. A pleasure to deal with .

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hi Gill, I am really pleased that Gill & Karen have been so supportive and approachable during your sale. It makes a huge difference during what can be a stressful time, best of luck with the sale.
  17. A 5-star review by 'Alistair Nisbet' 30/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris has given us excellent service throughout the purchasing process of the property we have recently bought through Manning Stainton. He has liased with an elusive vendor and the solicitors involved on both sides and provided us with regular updates to facilitate as smooth a transaction as possible under at times difficult circumstances. Having bought and sold several properties over the years I have dealt with many agents, good , bad and ugly!! and therefore rate Chris as probably the most helpful and efficient of them all.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hi Alistair, what a really complimentary review for Chris - thankyou very much for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent purchase. Kind regards.
  18. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 29/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Manning Stainton offered a slick and professional service from the offset. All the hassle and stress of selling the property was taken away from me and Abi kept me up to date with the viewings with friendly and informal phone calls. I would certainly use them again.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hi Paul, I am really pleased that you have had a nice stress free sale with the help of Abigail. It is really good to hear that you would want to use us again in the future, best of luck with your sale.
  19. A 5-star review by 'Sara G' 28/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris and the team have supported us through a long and difficult purchase (no fault of Manning Stainton's). Their communication has been fantastic and the support, information and guidance given has been exemplary. I would definitely recommend them.
    Many thanks Chris for helping to us to exchange contracts on our new home!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hi Sara, I am really sorry to hear that you have had a long & difficult purchase, but on a positive note it is good to hear that you have finally exchanged! I'm sure Chris will really appreciate your feedback and we wish you all the best in your new home.
  20. A 5-star review by 'Kay' 27/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Abby and her team were helpful and profesional throughout the protacted and long sale of this poperty ,every time the office was contacted Abby did her best to help us resolve any problems.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hi there, many thanks for taking the time to write your review. Sometimes sale's do not run as smoothly or quickly as we would hope but I am pleased you had good support from Abigail and the Moortown team.
  21. A 5-star review by 'Jude' 27/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had a very good service from Manning Stainton. Abby was helpful and always got back to me promptly when I contacted her with/for updates.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  03/04/2014

Hello, thankyou for your feedback we are really pleased to hear that you received such a good service from Abigail - best of luck with your purchase.
  22. A 5-star review by 'Janifish' 26/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently sold my home through Manning's and would like to say a big thank you to the team for all their assistance and hard work throughout.
    My sales negotiator was Abigail Williams, and I can't thank her enough for the fantastic job she did. She was very professional at all times, kept me up to date with the progress of the sale and went out of her way to help sort out various problems we encountered along the way. With her continual chasing and determination - the sale ended up completing smoothly.
    I liked the fact I always had a named member of staff to liaise with, who knew everything about the status of the sale, and would highly recommend this company to others.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  26/03/2014

Hi there, thankyou for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate any feedback regarding our staff members and the services we offer. Having one point of contact is something we feel is a huge benefit to our clients, it does make things a lot easier being able to communicate with the same person during what can be a stressful time. We wish you all the best in your new property.
  23. A 5-star review by 'David Porter' 25/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very helpful, explain what we had to do and at when we had to do thing. Kept me informed and made everything simple. Stress free move and organised solicitors which were also very helpful.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  26/03/2014

Hi David, thankyou for your feedback. We are really pleased that your move with us was stress free and you found our conveyancing panel useful. We wish you the best of luck in your new home.
  24. A 5-star review by 'Michelle Chandler' 23/3/2014

Louise Lawrence
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We received great service from Louise. We were particularly difficult customers, taking 2 years to move and losing 2 buyers in the process, but Louise's patience and commitment to helping us move was consistent throughout. I also liked the fact that they were open on Sundays and the late night call centre was useful for arranging viewings. We sold our house easily and for the asking price so were very happy with the outcome. I'd recommend them to anyone.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  26/03/2014

Hi Michelle, well after what sounds to be quite a long process I am pleased to hear that you have agreed a sale and found the property you were looking for. It's great to receive feedback with regards to our customer service team and your personal mention for Louise as well. Thankyou for taking the time to write your review and we really appreciate any recommendation.
  25. A 5-star review by 'clc' 17/3/2014

Gill Landale
    LS18
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The sale of our property turned out to be more complicated than we expected, but Manning Stainton, and Gill in particular, were fantastic. They kept me updated at each stage of the process and expertly managed any issues that arose. Gill was committed to pushing the sale right through to completion and level of service we received was excellent.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  18/03/2014

Hello, thankyou for your review I am really pleased that you feel you received such excellent service from us and Gill in particular. Kind regards
  26. A 5-star review by 'Russell' 10/3/2014

Nicola Dresser
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hello yes, I was very impressed with the staff at Manning Stainton at the Lower Wortley branch communication was their first priority . Also if you have an issue soon sorted out. I as administrator to my parents estate, was very happy and comfortable to let them do what they do best, and was kept informed every step of the way . My praise goes to Nicola and her staff at Lower Wortley. Thank you! to all ofThem Russell.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  11/03/2014

Hi Russell, thankyou for taking the time to write your review. I am really pleased that you found Nicola and our Wortley sales office so helpful during the sale of your parents estate. Kind regards.
  27. A 5-star review by 'O Brown' 10/3/2014

John Putsman
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

John Putsman provided both an effective and efficient service throughout. Where our solicitors failed to deliver, John exceeded expectations. His good communication and management ensured the delivery of great customer service, giving all parties the confidence to complete and exchange, within a short period of time. Many thanks!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  11/03/2014

Hi there, were really pleased to hear about the great customer service you have had with John at our Oakwood sales office. We wish you the best of luck in your new home.
  28. A 5-star review by 'Granville' 3/3/2014

Karen Gouws
    LS18
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Karen and her colleagues were all very helpful throughout the sales process. As the house was one we had previously let out (we weren't living there) they took charge of the keys and showed all prospective buyers around. We got prompt feedback from viewings and the staff were very supportive as the sale went through, including providing excellent advice in negotiating with the buyers.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  10/03/2014

Hi there, thankyou for taking the time to write your review. I'm sure our Horsforth office & Karen in particular will be pleased to read your positive comments regarding their service. Best wishes.
  29. A 5-star review by 'Ian' 3/3/2014

John Putsman
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I didn't select any particular staff member as I think I must have spoken or had email from most, if not all of them. John Putsman was my main point of contact but everyone was helpful, cheerful, upbeat and positive. It was particularly helpful that the viewings were carried out for me as I am on my own and working full time. I can see why this office deservedly ranks so highly, especially after I moved my property here after an altogether disappointing experience with a competitor.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  06/03/2014

Hi Ian, I am really pleased to hear that your experience with all our staff at our Oakwood office has been a pleasant one. Thankyou for your review.
  30. A 5-star review by 'Lauren' 3/3/2014

BD11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Extremely helpful throughout the process of purchasing our new home. A pleasure to deal with, thank you so much for all your help!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  06/03/2014

Hi Lauren, thankyou for your review. I am really pleased you found our Morley Sales office helpful during your purchase and we wish you the best of luck in your new home!
  31. A 1-star review by 'Bored off the bull....' 25/2/2014

Lettings 40 Queen Street
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    James Selby, deborah tooley
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? No

We first thought we had been getting great customer service from Debbie as we were looking in oct to move in December but started getting pressurised into moving in before Christmas to be told if we didn't move in November we couldn't have the house. So in the end we had to pay for the house a month before moving in. As anyone who saw the house on new bank street will understand, that the garden was overgrown and messy as was the side of the house full of waste and rubbish tipped from previous tenant. All bins were full and unusable. We asked for this to be sorted and ended up sorting it... (read more)

What could Manning Stainton do to change your mind??

“Poor service. Poor support. Lack of action. Don\'t make empty promises to get people to rent houses off you. If you can\'t follow through it shouldn\'t have been said and we would have gone elsewhere.”

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  26/02/2014

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear this. We have sent this to our Lettings Director for him to review and someone will be in touch with you shortly.
  32. A 5-star review by 'Angela Higgins' 24/2/2014

Mozart House Lidget Hill
    Reena
    LS28
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent communication from start to finish. Professional, knowledgeable and very well presented initial visit from John. Subsequent support from all of the staff was courteous, efficient and friendly. I was fortunate to speak with Reena on many of the numerous occasions I telephoned and she was an absolute pleasure, always bright, friendly, able to help and made me feel like a valued customer. Once the sale was agreed my contact was Shelley who proved to further dispel all my previous negative images of estate agents. She is an absolute professional, a talented negotiator and did a fantastic job of selling my house. I hope that Manning Stainton recognise the value of the service their staff are offering at Pudsey. Thank you.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  25/02/2014

Hi Angela, thankyou for your review. Our Pudsey team will be delighted to read your comments, I am really pleased that you have had such a good service from all of them during your sale. We wish you the best of luck in your new home.
  33. A 5-star review by 'Mandy Stock' 24/2/2014

Joanne
    BD11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Joanne was excellent at keeping in contact with me and updating me on the progress of my sale. I knew that if she hadn't been in touch for a while there was a good reason rather than just forgetting about me!

All the staff were incredibly helpful, friendly and professional and I would highly recommend this branch to my friends and family,

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  25/02/2014

Hi Mandy, thankyou for taking the time to write a review for us. I am really pleased you received such excellent service from Joanne and our Morley team and we wish you the very best of luck in your new home.
  34. A 4-star review by 'Cilla Sleight' 21/2/2014

62 Austhorpe Road
    Andrea Bentley
    LS14
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Manning Stainton on a previous property and was more than happy with the service I received from Andrea Bentley and was pleased when it was the same lady that I dealt with this time. Andrea was very helpful and made sure I had an update phone call each week. I am sure all of the staff would have been as helpful but I am speaking from my experience with Andrea.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  25/02/2014

Hi Cilla, thankyou for taking the time to write your review, I am so pleased to hear that you have had a such a good experience with Andrea at our Crossgates branch, for the second time! It is great that you have come back to us again and we wish you all the best.
  35. A 5-star review by 'chris donkin' 21/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Manning stainton were fantastic with all aspects of the sale of my late mothers retirement flat I would thoroughly recommend them to anybody who wishes to sell any property in the area

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  25/02/2014

Thankyou for your review Chris we really appreciate the recommendation. Best wishes.