Manning Stainton
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 2020 ratings. This website contains 2019 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

• Manning Stainton is a 'Transparent Agent'

• Manning Stainton have signed a declaration to maintain public access to open and independent customer feedback and are awarded this best practice transparency profile by AllAgents.

By taking away the right to 'cherry pick' who gets to read these reviews, they have voluntarily exposed themselves to scrutiny from unhappy customers.

'Transparent agents' reviews are also subject to additional random verification checks
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 17 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 18 high street branches across our region, including three dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

We are open 7 days a week and ready to take your call from 8 til 8, so if you are thinking of moving in 2015 call your local team of property professionals or visit our website.

Page last updated on: 04-Aug-2015 17:14:24

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 68)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    £445000
    Diane Sellars

I have been really impressed with everyone at the Morley office. From when Paul initially came out to see us through to completion. All the staff have been friendly and efficient at all times. I would particularly like to thank Diane for all her hard work. Diane has been brilliant, she has been exceptionally friendly, always professional and has constantly communicated with both myself and our prospective buyers and the chain. During this period she has constantly kept me informed of all her updates which in turn has been reassuring. She often rang when there was no news but just kept me informed that she was on the case.
    This was a refreshing change in the world in which we live.
    I would certInly recommend my estate agent to anyone on the back of our experience.

Kind regards
    Helen and Gary Lambert

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  05/05/2015

Thanks for taking the time to give Diane a review. We're delighted to her that you found Diane brilliant and always professional.
  2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5 -star review by ''

Abigail Williams, Louise Lawrence
    Ls17
    £189995
    Abigail WilliamsLouise Lawrence
    Abigail WilliamsLouise Lawrence

We sold our house through manning Stainton. We followed their suggest selling price and had a full asking price offer within 12 days of going to market. Abby looked after our sale and kept us fully informed. We were running to a really specific date and Abby helped chasing solicitors and other agents at all sides of our sale and subsequent purchase to help us meet our deadline for completion. Abby put up with us constantly phoning and chasing for information on a very regular basis. The sale went smoothly and all parties were kept informed and this meant all paperwork was completed ahead of time. Having dealt with other local estate agents, dealing with manning Stainton was a much easier and more professional experience.

Twitter  Facebook

3. A 4 -star review by ''

Helen Hull, Julie Ann Stokoe
    LS27
    Helen HullJulie Ann Stokoe
    Helen HullJulie Ann Stokoe

The team in Morley are always available or quick to return a call and answer queries. On the 2 occasions when we have let the property to new tenants they have been quick to advertise and fill the property keeping us up to date with progress. I am happy with the service provided by the Morley branch it is however a shame that on occasion the Moortown Lettings office have not followed the lead.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

LS16
    £450
    Tom Paling

Tom is always helpful and quick to respond to my queries. His help is always in a professional manner and nice to his clients.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Mortgages -1 Feast Field (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Steven McConville, Kerry Deighton
    LS1
    £89950
    Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton
    Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

Steven got the mortgage offer for me and Kerry followed up the remaining. They are very efficient in responding emails and very polite. Although the mortgage application took a bit long (this may due to the process speed of the mortgage provider itself), I am happy with the attitude and the efficiency of Steven and Kerry. Will use them again for future purchases or sales if needed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID £250 FOR THE SERVICE OF AN MORTGAGE APPLICATION BUT THIS COVERS THE WHOLE MORTGAGE PERIOD IN TERMS OF SEARCHING NEW OFFERS FOR ME IN THE FUTURE. £250 IS ACCEPTABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

LS6
    £995
    John Sheader

I had a good experience with John and with Manning Stainton - the procedure was very quick and professional with quick updates on what was going on. It is hard for me to answer the phone during work hours, and so I was updated with everything through email which was my preferred method. I would definitely recommend Manning Stainton as a lettings agency, especially as there are so many other awful ones in the area!

Comments on the Agents fees

“SEEMS WITHIN THE GENERAL BRACKET FOR THE SERVICE I WANTED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Ls12
    Deborah Tooley

Debbie has been absolutely fantastic throughout the full process. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done. She has always been so friendly and helpful and has made the moving process so much easier. She is an absolute credit to the company and a pleasure to deal with. She has kept us updated regularly and has always been so efficient in responding to our queries and doing whatever she can to help us. Thankyou so much Debbie!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

WF1
    £148000
    Beverley Turner

Fantastic service throughout the entire buying process. Beverly was extremely helpful and kept us updated wherever there was an issue.. Absolutely brilliant service and would recommend anyone to use Manning Stainton

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Wf3
    Deborah Tooley

Debbie has been very helpful throughout and has been on the end of the phone whenever we have needed help. She has kept in contact with us and advised us on the progress of our application regularly. Very professional and a very lovely lady. Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE FAIR AND NOT TOO EXPENSIVE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    No staff selected.
    LS8
    £280000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had to sell my house at the same time as taking an extended trip to USA. The team advised me, photographed the house and did the energy survey in the most prompt and efficient manner before left. Then, while I was in the USA, they handled the process of viewings and offers extremely well and kept me informed despite the difficulties of communicating with a five hour time difference and the initial breakdown of my email link. This was a brilliant job considering the communication difficulties. I felt well advised and supported at every stage.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ONE AND A QUARTER PER CENT PLUS VAT. NOT THE CHEAPEST IN OUR AREA BUT EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY GIVEN THE SERVICE THAT WAS PROVIDED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    134-136 Lower Wortley Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    £162500
    Cheryl Broxup

Cheryl was brilliant throughout the process of selling my house. She dealt with viewings and gave me feedback promptly. She explained the situation I was in when people were making offers and continued marketing my property until everything was in place. She was extremely professional but with a great sense of humour which helped during the stressful times. I doubt my property would have sold in 11 days without Cheryl. Thanks a lot.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. A 4 -star review by ''

Katie Hamilton, Nicola Scales
    LS11
    £500
    Katie HamiltonNicola Scales
    Katie HamiltonNicola Scales

Katie Hamilton: As part of the management service we obviously receive financial statements every month. Due to new IT systems there has been some teething problems.. As with most IT systems there are some things that a system cannot provide. Katie has tried very hard to address these issues and as also looked at other ways to assist me - ways that are undoubtedly more time-consuming and labour intensive for her. I very much appreciate her help and want to officially register my views by writing a positive client review. Thank you Katie.
    Nicky Scales: I have been a landlady with MS for several years and have known Nicky throughout that time. Nicky has been a real help to me and is pro-active with problems. Her senior and expert advice (in the difficult situations that inevitably crop up as an owner of a rentals portfolio of properties) is always timely and much appreciated - and for this reason I wanted to register my views by writing a positive client review. Thank you Nicky.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Natalie Adkin, Yasmin Tariq
    ls14
    £162000
    Natalie Adkinno photo
    Natalie AdkinYasmin Tariq

I have been dealing with Yasmin and Natalie on our current purchase, both have been really helpful and fingers crossed we will be in our new home by the end of the month.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Helen King, Gill Landale
    LS18
    £157000
    Helen KingGill Landale
    Helen KingGill Landale

Both Helen and Gill are always very helpful when dealing with our questions and although there was some hiccups on the way to completion they quickly got on the case to resolve and got things sorted asap.

This is twice I have bought a property with Manning Stainton and fully expect to use them again,

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

WF3
    £88500
    Darren Hughes

Darren was both very helpful and very patient. Nothing was too much trouble. He replied promptly to emails/messages and even now the purchase as gone through he is still only a phone call away and is always happy to help. He is friendly, knowledgeable and I could go on listing all his good qualities; but the best one is that he isn't a pushy salesman I would have no hesitation in recommending Darren.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

£650
    Ella Murgatroyd

Professional in communication and readily contactable.
    Although I was leaving the country Ella kept us readily aware of the progress on our property's rental and this gave us excellent peace of mind.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

LS17
    £195000
    Vicky Berry

Vicky was brilliant, very friendly and efficient. She was great at chasing up both sets of solicitors and the mortgage company, and probably managed to get the exchange done a couple of weeks earlier than if she hadn't been involved. She was really good at keeping us informed, and I often heard from her before I heard from my own solicitors. I'd definitely recommend this branch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    LS14
    £102500
    Carol Hartley

Carol Hartley made the process of buying the property easy, with her outstanding approach, attention to detail nothing was insurmountable. Highly reccomended move manager.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    Rhiannon Barclay, Kelly Maw
    LS19
    £93500
    Rhiannon BarclayKelly Maw
    Rhiannon BarclayKelly Maw

Thought Kelly and Rhiannon were very helpful. I was pleased with the initial meeting with Kelly and that MS were flexible on price. Rhiannon has been very helpful getting the sale to completion and I've been pleased with the speed of response when I have contacted MS needing them to do something.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GOOD FEES. MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER QUOTES BUT FLEXIBLE IN PRICING AND WORTH THE LITTLE MORE IN MY OPINION COMPARED TO OTHER LOCAL AGENTS PROFILE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Tina Wood, Beverley Turner
    Wf2
    £77500
    Tina WoodBeverley Turner
    Tina WoodBeverley Turner

It was my first time selling a property. I found all of the team extremely helpful and supportive. They were on hand to answer any questions, and made the process as stress free as possible. I was kept informed at all stages of the sale. Brilliant company and staff

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Katie Hamilton

I have dealt with Manning Stainton (MS) for over 5 years and for much of this time Katie has been my point of contact for any questions relating to my property. I work abroad and thus use MS as a managed service for piece of mind. I have had poor experiences in the past with agents and thus it has been a breath of fresh air to have the support of MS and in particular Katie. Katie has always been clear in relation to the fees; services provided and what I should do when issues arise. This is exactly what I want when I am out of the country relying on Katie to provide me a service that relieves me of the stresses of managing a property. Katie has a great deal of experience in the field of rentals in the location of leeds and thus I can always reach out to her if I have a an issue and i will always get a response within 24 hours. Katie is an example to others of how to provide great service in a competitive industry and the prime reason why I stay with MS and not look elsewhere. Alan

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Ls10
    £825
    Deborah Tooley

Debbie kept me fully updated at all times during the process even when the delays were out of her hands. Very professional and friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

We had a issue with he moving date due to our holiday. Debbie did her very best to try and resolve this with the landlord and as a result managed to move me in earlier.
    Over and above without a doubt. Many thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    34 Main Street (Garforth) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Dale Potuszynskj , Steve Riley
    LS25
    £235
    Dale Potuszynskj Steve Riley
    Dale Potuszynskj Steve Riley

Steve Riley called to value our house. He gave us a confident and positive appraisal and took us through the details in a manner that let us confident in leaving the sale of our property in capable hands.
    Dale looked after us thereafter on an on-going basis. We had every faith in her handling of the sale which has come to fruition in a reasonable time scale and she has advised us very competently; a very friendly and comfortable person to deal with.
    We have been very satisfied in all our dealings with this Estate Agent.

“ABOUT WHAT WE EXPECTED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Mortgages -1 Feast Field (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    wf10
    £124500

Excellent and speedy.
    Darren covered everything and explain everything to us.
    I'm only 24 and my partners 21 and we are 1st team buyers so as you can imagine we really didn't have a clue what we was doing. Luckily for us though Darren helped up alot. Donna also helped out with sorting the insurance ect.
    I would highly recommend Darren.
    Especially if your a 1st time "clueless" buyer like we was.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    WF3
    £241000
    Joanne Brook

The agent was very good and followed-up extensively during the process. We viewed the property on Saturday and called to place an offer on Sunday morning at 11am. Joanne called the vendors and was unable to reach them to get an answer, which she followed-up with and informed us about immediately. The offer was rejected and so we submitted a higher offer that was accepted. Joanne called us immediately and was very informative about what to do next, which we hugely appreciated. She was cooperative, informed and helpful. A good service was received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

LS17
    Kiran Riyat

Communication was first rate with this office, in particular Kiran. It was not the easiest of sales but it was handled brilliantly and I was kept up to date at every stage of the process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

wF
    £550
    Katie Hamilton

As I live abroad I rely on Katie very much. She has always been very friendly and very efficient. Her attitude is positive and she is a real credit to the company.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

Sharron Kaur, Ella Murgatroyd
    LS26
    £595
    Sharron KaurElla Murgatroyd
    Sharron KaurElla Murgatroyd

Manning Stainton always deal professionally with my property but my only criticism would be that I now have to deal with 3 or 4 people to get a good service. No agency is ever slick enough for me but MS is the best of the 3 I have used.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHEN LOCAL RENTAL RATES ARE VIRTUALLY STATIC OVER 7-8 YEARS AGENT STILL WANT INCREASES-IT WILL HAVE TO BE MORE EQUABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

ls26
    £500
    Sharron Kaur

Sharron was absolutely excellent from first meeting her, very friendly and extremely professional. Nothing was too much trouble she certainly made the moving process easier, id recommend manning station to anyone wanting to rent, thanks Sharron

“FINE N FAIR”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

WF12
    £87500
    Beverley Turner

Fantastic service throughout the entire life of buying our property, Beverly was extremely helpful and kept us updated wherever there was an issue and advised us where we needed to push our solicitors to get the final completion sorted. Absolutely brilliant service and would recommend anyone to use Manning Stainton

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

ls10
    £65
    Katie Hamilton

Katie in account is excellent at chasing up rent arrears and always keeps me informed of how things are progressing. Would definitely recommend to other landlords

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Tom Paling

My property has been let for 2 years and I have only just had the pleasure of dealing with Tom after his predecessor recently left the company. My tenants are about to leave the property and I have found that numerous items of work are required. I have had constant contact with Tom who has been very proactive, helpful and polite in helping me to obtain quotes for work. For instance, I spoke to Tom on Friday asking to arrange for a roofer to check the property. Approximately 10 minutes later I received an email from Tom confirming that someone would contact me. The roofer arrived on Sunday morning. Fantastic service. Keep up the good work Tom.