Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 1212 ratings. This website contains 1212 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• 15 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 41)

Page last updated on: 22-Dec-2014 13:17:40

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'David Young' 29/5/2014

Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Austin' 3/6/2014

Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Alec Broom' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    John Putsman
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Barry & Sue Thornton' 20/5/2014

Tori Titheridge
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'A Russell' 3/6/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Jane & Dan' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Karen Gouws
    LS18
    £415000

Karen Gouws

Throughout our sale of our old property (also through the same agent) and purchase of our new property we had excellent communication throughout. There was always someone on hand, they always returned calls. We had a window of time to sell our old house and buy our new house and they worked well with us, Sarah headed this up but Karen and and her colleagues always seemed to know where we were on the sale and purchase. We always felt we were being looked after. Many thanks. Jane & Dan.

7. A 5-star review by 'Ian' 22/12/2014

No staff selected.
    WF3
    £700
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

First time as a landlord and used Manning Stainton they took the time to help explain how to rent my property what responsibilities I have and what I needed to do. Following the advice my house was let very quickly and the branch could not have been more helpful providing lots of advice and guidance and keeping me updated throughout the whole process. House is now rented both tenants and landlord happy with the service. Many thanks to Julie Ann Stokoe and Helen Hull.

8. A 1-star review by 'sukbinder.sangra@yahoo.com' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    No postcode selected.

Kevin Lawson

Kevin was wonderful from the beginning. Very approachable and friendly. He was not in it to make money for himself, but to genuinely help and ease the load of the pressures you have when enquiring/taking out a mortgage. I was impressed by his promptness and how well he knows everybody in his line of work, particularly in the mortgage industry and because of this, he was able to get me a better deal.. I liked the way he got on with the background stuff that you don't really get involved with to make the process for me very quick and exactly what I wanted. I have no hesitation in recommending Kevin to anyone and look forward to asking him to sort out my re-mortgage in 5 years times . Kkeep up the good work, thank you...

9. A 5-star review by 'Julia' 22/12/2014

Marcelle Goldberg
    HG2
    £141000

Marcelle Goldberg

From start to finish our experience with Manning Staintons in Harrogate was all we could have wished for. From the first visit with Ben who showed he had the experience and knowledge of how to market the property and after that with Marcelle who looked after us every step of the way. Our first contact with Marcelle was the day that we had the open house viewing and she kept us fully informed about every offer and provided very good advice. We sold the flat immediately and Marcelle accompanied the purchasers for further visits. The flat belonged to an Aunt who had worries about moving and... (read more)

10. A 5-star review by 'Steve' 21/12/2014

Jo Murgatroyd
    bd20
    £550

Jo Murgatroyd

The whole process was painless with prompt replies to emails even well outside "normal" working hours. Jo was friendly and very professional throughout. If this property goes ok we will be back and would recommend the service to anyone.

11. A 5-star review by 's sutton' 20/12/2014

ls8
    £137500

Kevin Lawson

Kevin was mortgage advisor for our current sale. It was reassuring to have someone to guide us through the process and leave us with the knowledge that everything was done correctly and speedily.
    All meetings and communications were friendly and professional. We would recommend this service to others as it is a very stressful process and to be able to trust someone with the financial arrangements just removes one less worry. Thank you again.

12. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Thomas' 20/12/2014

Amanda Duerden, Ben Furnell
    £377000

Amanda DuerdenBen Furnell

The property was one of the first ones we viewed. We found the office staff very accommodating when trying to organise a mutually convenient time, since we had restricted times available to view.
    It was an accompanied viewing and Amanda met us at, and showed us around the property, by guiding us around both the inside and outside and the garage, and answering our questions with confidence, a genuine warmth and sincerity. She then stood back and gave us the nod to look around without being hassled. Much appreciated. A second viewing with Ben, much later, confirmed that the property was the... (read more)

13. A 5-star review by 'DrBob' 20/12/2014

Paul Wilkinson, Linda Brown
    LS19

Paul WilkinsonLinda Brown

Paul and Linda were excellent. It's our third mortgage through Paul, because we value his expertise and helpfulness. Our plan for buy-to-let investment would never have worked without his input. Paul and Linda were helpful throughout, especially when we had to adapt our plans quickly. First class.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE. THEY DID THEIR BEST TO KEEP THESE DOWN.”

14. A 5-star review by 'Michael' 19/12/2014

Ella Murgatroyd
    Ls27
    £400

Ella Murgatroyd

Ella was very helpful and informative. She always kept in touch and helped with any questions I had. I have dealt with a few letting agents and by far Ella was the best. She made the process easier and I felt like she was doing everything she could to make things run smoothly for me. She has helped make this a very happy Christmas for me.

15. A 5-star review by 'Peter Anniss' 19/12/2014

Steven McConville, Kerry Deighton
    £140000

Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

My partner and I were very happy with the service provided by Steve and Kerry.
    From the initial pleasant surprise of having it confirmed that we were able to get a mortgage, we were then walked through the variety of potential offers. And once we'd made our choice, we were impressed by the speed with which they were able to get everything in order (i.e. surverys / mortgage in priciple confirmation). It is only a shame that our solictors and the seller's estate agent weren't as pro-active otherwise we probably could have moved in about 2 months sooner!
    So many thanks to Steve and Kerry for allowing us to make our first house purchase :-)

16. A 5-star review by 'Russ Dawson' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    20 Otley Road (Headingley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Chris Andrews
    ls16
    £110000

Chris Andrews

Chris provided a thoroughly professional and hard working approach to the sale of my flat from beginning to end in what were far from good market conditions. He constantly kept in touch and fully abreast of matters at all times and I would - without hesitation - either use him again or recommend others to him. Well done that man !!

17. A 5-star review by 'Janet e schofield' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Carol Hartley, Lesley Robinson
    ls15
    £245000

Carol HartleyLesley Robinson

Lesley came to value our house when we initially considered putting it on the market. She was extremely honest and recommended bits of work that should be done, its an old house so we understood and acted on her advice. The house sold for a higher price than other agents had valued it because of Lesley's expert for sight. She instilled confidence in us to trust her knowledge and the strategy for selling.
    The staff in the office, Natalie, Lisa & Emma were very efficient when we had to phone for queries, walking in the office there was always a ready smile and an offer of... (read more)

18. A 5-star review by 'Helen Moss' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    gemma sheldon, Kristy Marsden
    LS26
    £299995

gemma sheldonKristy Marsden

We recently put our house up for sale through Manning Stainton. They couldn't have been better! We had tried a couple of estate agents previously but Manning Stainton were by far the most proactive and they worked with us brilliantly right from the start. Gemma who did our valuation was super friendly and was able to advise on any queries we had. Kristy who managed our property when it went on the market was amazing, she was always on the phone providing us with updates and she could not have done more for us. The same day the house was put on the market we had viewings confirmed and an offer at the full asking price completed all within a matter of days. Every member of staff at the Rothwell branch were very helpful and I would more than happily recommend them to anyone!

19. A 5-star review by 'Mrs McNerney' 18/12/2014

Marcelle Goldberg, Zara Liddle

Marcelle GoldbergZara Liddle

The experience that I have encountered with all the staff at Manning Stainton, especially from Marcelle and Zara has been highly positive. From the the initial meeting and having my property valued to the day of completion, Marcelle and Zara have been extremely attentive, polite, friendly, positive and professional. They have kept me fully informed of next steps and of any changes, being realistic too about times of contact as being a teacher, returning calls has sometimes been tricky.
    I would also like to add that under the circumstances of my sale, Marcelle and Zara have always spoken to... (read more)

20. A 5-star review by 'ahmed' 18/12/2014

Hayley Jones, Gemma Smithson
    ls11
    £50256

Hayley JonesGemma Smithson

We obtained mortgage via Hayley who was an absolute star very efficient and got us the best deal on the market, would definitely use her services again . Gemma was also great at her job always available at the other end of the phone and did her best to secure us the property as it was a repo and was still on the market for people to bid upon etc.

Overall great set of people would definitely use again in the near future.

21. A 4-star review by 'Fed' 18/12/2014

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lesley Alexander
    LS13
    £105000

Lesley Alexander

Overall I'm happy about the service provided, the agency has always been available when required and tried to speed the process to meet my needs, we moved in 9 weeks.
    The only negative comment that I would make is that too many different people from the agency get involved especially in the early stages. I would have preferred to have one person as the main point of contact that knew all the details and was aware of the discussions rather than explaining the history every time I phoned. Also this has lead to many misunderstandings since our conversations were based on notes written in the system by different people.
    I would also suggest to be more proactive because it is in everyone's interest to get things done and I found myself chasing the agency to chase the owner a few times in order to get some answers.

22. A 5-star review by 'Noura' 18/12/2014

LS16
    £995

Laura Parkinson

Laura was very helpful throughout the whole process of checkout. She was accurate to check the property and explain everything during the checkout and what would be happened after that. She rang me next day told me that she has spoken to the landlord and return the deposit in a short period of time. I really appreciate her cooperation and her kindness. She made my checkout experience easy and comfortable, many thanks Laura for everything.

23. A 5-star review by 'Andy' 18/12/2014

Kevin Lawson

Kevin has helped us through the process of securing a mortgage on a house we are in the process of buying in LS8.

He has been very helpful and knowledgable through the whole process. Even when we've had issues with solicitors not receiving proper details (from the mortgage provider NOT from Kevin!) a quick email or call and the problem has always been resolved within hours.

He's also been very flexible with his time for face to face meetings and in the methods we use to communicate to each other and share information.

He's always been a friendly presence throughout an often fraught and stressful process. I'd highly recommend him!

24. A 5-star review by 'Mr Scopes' 17/12/2014

Rebecca Wake, Julie Hedley
    £64250

Rebecca WakeJulie Hedley

Helpful, friendly, and hard working staff. They gave clear advice as to what I should do to sell my property. I always felt that they had the sale under control.
    I would recommend to friends and family.

25. A 5-star review by 'Shirley' 17/12/2014

Julie Burgess , Louise Lawrence
    £177000

Julie Burgess Louise Lawrence

I bought this house via Manning as well as sold it after 12 years. Louise and Julie are very helpful throughout the sale process! And Louise has been supporting me and advised me on varies concern.

I would highly recommend manning especially Louise to my friends in the future!

26. A 4-star review by 'LAW' 17/12/2014

Helen Turner
    LS18
    £495

Helen Turner

The landlord of my flat wasn't responding to queries about my deposit. Helen kept in touch and eventually got me my full deposit back. Very pleased

27. A 5-star review by 'Caroline Ward' 17/12/2014

Branch:
    134-136 Lower Wortley Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Nicola Dresser
    LS12
    £111000

Nicola Dresser

Niki was absolutely fantastic from the moment our house went on the market to the day we completed. not only did she look after the sale of our existing property, but she was absolutely instrumental in the smooth running of our onward purchase. She went above and beyond what was expected and even managed to source us removals with a couple of hours notice. Would highly recommend the whole team at Manning Stainton. Will not hesitate to use them when we sell again!

28. A 5-star review by 'saji george' 16/12/2014

ls62
    £95000

Steven McConville

STEVE IS AN EXCELLENT MORTGAGE ADVISOR HE HELP US IN OUR DIFFICULT SITUATION WHILE WE ARE BUYING OUR FIRST HOME..HE GIVEN US FULL SUPPORT AND CONFIDENCE..HE GOT LOT OF PATIENCE TO DEAL IN EACH DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES.WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM FOR BUYING HOME WITHOUT ANY HESITATION..

“ITS OK”

29. A 5-star review by 'Joe Walker' 16/12/2014

LS6

Steven McConville

Excellent - from start to completion. Steve was very professional and helpful and provided a great level of service throughout the whole process.

30. A 5-star review by 'JBruce' 16/12/2014

Paul Wilkinson
    LS6
    £139950

Paul Wilkinson

The service provided was excellent, totally professional and tailored to my needs. Paul is very knowledgeable and was more than willing to thoroughly answer all questions and queries to my satisfaction.
    The initial meeting provided an overview of all services available and general advice on house-buying. Once a property had been found, Paul went above and beyond to get my mortgage issued as fast as possible -- it was done in 8 working days!
    Cannot recommend enough.

31. A 5-star review by 'Mr M Fiaz' 16/12/2014

Hayley Jones
    £600

Hayley Jones

I used Manning Stainton's services for a remortgage and to borrow a small loan amount. Hayley Jones was the agent dealing with my remortgage and loan, the service she provided was of diamond quality, she was absolutely clear in explaining everything and she dealt very professionally at all times. I would definitely recommend Manning Stainton's services if you are considering anything to do with either buying, selling or a remortgage. Thank you very much Hayley for all your help, 10 out of 10 for everything.

32. A 5-star review by 'James Morris' 16/12/2014

£4235000

Louise Lawrence

Louise went the extra mile to keep you informed of the sale process. When there were snags she sorted these out quickly. She took photographs of our conservatory to enable retrospective planning consents- a real boon for us. Manning Stainton were easily accessible and very professional through out the sales process. Could highly recommend them

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE AND EVERYTHING VERY TRANSPARENT- NOTHING HIDDEN”

33. A 5-star review by 'Nathalie' 16/12/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    gemma sheldon, Kristy Marsden
    WF3
    £96250

gemma sheldonKristy Marsden

In the summer this year I decided to buy a house, I found a lovely property with the help of Manning Stainton. I was assisted along the way by Gemma who was great at keeping me up to date with the stages we were at. I had a bit of bad luck with my first property where the seller decided they no longer wanted to move. Although bad news Gemma was extremely sympathetic towards my situation while being informative at the same time. With the teams help I went on to find another property that suited me & my 2 dogs down to the ground, even better than the one before. Again Gemma was very helpful & informative. I then started to deal with Kristy who took me step by step the stages that were to come. I felt up to date & fully aware of what was going on at all times, never once feeling like I didn’t know what was going on. I now have a lovely new home to see in the New Year & couldn’t thank or recommend Manning’s enough!

34. A 5-star review by 'My House Sale' 16/12/2014

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Reena Boughan, Joanne Williams
    LS28
    £162000

Reena BoughanJoanne Williams

I sold my house via the Pudsey office. Throughout the process I felt that both Reena and Joanne did an excellent job. They gave me the best advice throughout the sale and made every effort to smooth the process from start to end. The sale documents were first rate and we had a good number of viewings over the sale period. I had bought this house via this office 12 years before and that was the reason I went back. I was not disappointed. Thank you Manning Stainton and in particular Reena and Joanne.

35. A 5-star review by 'Mrs C - Leeds' 16/12/2014

LS4
    £550

Laura Parkinson

I have used Manning Stainton for approximately 6 years to manage some of my rental properties. I have always found them to be efficient and helpful and very quick in sorting out any problems for both the landlord and tenant.

Laura carried out the Check out Report on the above property. I had spoken with her prior to the tenant moving out expressing my concerns that the property was in a dirty condition and that it was very likely that I would have to retain some of the Bond to pay for cleaning and garden work.

I did in fact have to employ cleaners and a gardener to get the property... (read more)