Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 692 ratings. This website contains 692 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 24)

Page last updated on: 02-Sep-2014 09:03:21

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'David Young' 29/5/2014

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Austin' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Alec Broom' 3/6/2014

John Putsman
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Barry & Sue Thornton' 20/5/2014

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'A Russell' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 4-star review by 'Karen Gularslan' 2/9/2014

Katie Hannam

Katie Hannam

If you want a professional, friendly and speedy mortgage service then look no further than Katie Hannam, Mortgage Advisor at Manning Stainton. The whole buying/selling/finding a mortgage & moving can be quite stressful and for those, like me that when declaring financial income and outgoings feels like you`'re exposing your soul for scrutiny, Katie made the experience a painless and swift one

I have had dealings with mortgage advisors in the past but my experience this time allowed me to go at my own pace, confident in the knowledge that I was making informed decisions following Katie`s advice, I found Katie`s transparent approach helpful and her cheerfulness when I encountered a setback refreshing.

I would definitely choose to use Katie 's expertise again and would like to relay my thanks

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY NEGATIVE POINT THAT I WOULD RAISE IN TERMS OF THE FEE AGREEMENT WITH MANNING STAINTON (SEPARATE TO MY DEALING WITH THE MORTGAGE ADVISOR) IS THAT BY APPOINTING MANNING STAINTON TO SELL MY HOUSE, BUYING A HOUSE ENLISTED BY THEM AND USING THE SERVICES OF THEIR IN-HOUSE MORTGAGE ADVISOR MEANT THAT I WAS TO RECEIVE A £100 LOYALTY PAYMENT HOWEVER, I DID NOT RECEIVE THIS PAYMENT, NEITHER WAS THIS DEDUCTED FROM THE OVERALL FEES BY MANNING STAINTON.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Kate Welding' 1/9/2014

Katie Hamilton
    Ls12
    £625

Katie Hamilton

Katie was very helpful when I was going through issues with my tenant not paying. She contacted me every day to keep me updated and provided with advice too. The situation with the tenant was not good but Katie helped me feel more at ease with what was going on.

8. A 5-star review by 'Sam Sharp' 31/8/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Melissa Leach, Gemma Sheldon
    LS26
    £89995

Melissa LeachGemma Sheldon

I have never dealt with Manning Stainton directly before, and having experience of estate agents in the past, I was not looking forward to the meetings at all. I was acting on the behalf of my mum and have encountered problem after problem with other agencies, but Melissa and Gemma were fantastic from the word go! From this initial encounter with the 2 lovely girls, it made the very stressful procedure of selling mums house more bearable.
    We needed to sell mums house very quickly to which Melissa and Gemma achieved. They are both very modest and said it is there job to get the work done,... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“MANNING WAS NOT THE CHEAPEST (OR THE MOST EXPENSIVE) AGENT WE APPROACHED, BUT EVERY PENNY WAS WELL SPENT.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Minnieke' 31/8/2014

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Zara Liddle, Marcelle Goldberg
    HG5
    £208500

Zara LiddleMarcelle Goldberg

It was a pleasure dealing with Zara (mostly) and Marcelle. They were both very helpful and friendly. Zara managed to assist me with several queries and problems and always dealt with these in a timely fashion. The team kept us informed at all times
    I was very happy with the service we received from Manning Stainton, Harrogate and would happily recommend them.

10. A 5-star review by 'Jeni' 30/8/2014

LS13
    £102500

Debbie Tabiner

Very impressed with the level of communication received at all stages of the buying process. Debbie went above and beyond her role as an estate agent that i was buying off, to chase up solicitors and agents further up the chain as the exchange date loomed. Very pleased with the service received and would definitely recommend buying a property through this agent.

11. A 4-star review by 'Adrian peel' 30/8/2014

Ls13
    £495

Michele Clarke

I have been letting my flat out with this branch for 6 months and they have been very helpful. Michele Clarke act as my letting negotiator and I would definitely recommend her. She responses to any queries very quickly, and constantly keeps me updated of anything I need to be informed of.

12. A 5-star review by 'Abi and Rob Wells' 29/8/2014

£385000

Karen Gouws

Karen was the main point of contact during the purchase of our property and I have to say she dealt with everything with great professionalism. We sold our property through another agent and have therefore had the benefit of comparison and there really was no contest in the quality of service that we recieved. Karen was so passionate about her job which helped drive the purchase from start to finish. I have recommended Manning Stainton to a number of friends and i am sure that other customers will do the same.
    Thanks for helping us get our dream home.

13. A 4-star review by 'Mr K Farrington' 29/8/2014

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Vicky Berry

Vicky Berry

Vicky has been polite, professional and helpful throughout, also pro-actively checking I was OK with everything. Very impressive - thanks!

14. A 4-star review by 'Linda' 29/8/2014

Ls17
    £575

Michele Clarke

Meaning Stainton acted professionally and efficiently in finding a new tenant for our property, keeping us informed of progress and requesting decisions when necessary. Once a tenant was found, they dealt with all the necessary paperwork in a timely manner, Michele Clarke being very pleasant to liaise with.

15. A 5-star review by 'Gareth & Jen' 28/8/2014

Laura Walker, Kevin Lawson

Laura WalkerKevin Lawson

Kevin was always very cheerful and professional, he advise us on our mortgage options, assisting with 3 mortgage applications during 7 months of searching for properties until we finally completed on our dream house in Aug 2014. Kevin was always very accommodated even at short notice in the various visits we made to his office, and offering support via phone well after he should have turned it off. We found that Kevin always made the process more manageable and being independent ensured that there was no hard sale for a particular product. We truly believe that Kevin provided us all the... (read more)

16. A 5-star review by 'Ruth Preston' 28/8/2014

Shelley Bradley, Laura Walker
    £390000

Shelley BradleyLaura Walker

All the team I came across at the Oakwood office were excellent and I would thoroughly recommend their services to anyone I know selling a house in the area, we ended up selling both our house and flat in super fast time and with very few hiccups. Any issues we did come across were very quickly and easily resolved. I often rang the office to ask advice about our purchase (which was actually through another agency, who I found far less helpful) and Shelley and Laura were both excellent with sound impartial and practical advice. I always felt that everyone in the office knew about our sales and they also made an effort to come and see the properties to enable them to be sold more effectively. Shelley's manner is so easy and she is so friendly that it felt more like speaking to a friend who understood how stressful the situation can be, and less like a "business transaction". Can not speak more highly of the all round service - thank you to everyone involved.

17. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Michelle Ward' 28/8/2014

£2995

Karen Gouws

I cannot fault Karen's expertise and professionalism throughout the process. Both her and her team explained everything I needed to know, which for a novice like me who has never been part of a chain purchase was a comforting thing. The ladies in the office too were amazing. If I called about any query they would be straight on the case and made sure I had an answer very quickly.
    Can I just say a wholehearted thanks to Karen and the team at Manning Stainton. I've had to deal with many estate agents in my time and I have to say, these guys are by far the best and could teach the others quite a lot about what a good estate agent should be like.

18. A 4-star review by 'Simon' 28/8/2014

Reena
    LS13

Reena

Reena's communication was excellent throughout. I was regularly contacted with updates throughout the sale process and my calls were responded to quickly and efficiently. Always knowledgeable and professional Reena was also friendly and courteous in our dealings. She was very helpful in resolving my queries, managing my expectations (and stress levels) throughout the process. Thanks.

19. A 5-star review by 'James' 28/8/2014

LS29
    £330000

Paul Wilkinson

Paul helped me choose a mortgage from a comprehensive selection available through his service; including the latest deals available that day. Significant time was invested by Paul to ensure that I was happy with the product, often going outside of "normal" working hours. Paul's service offers a convenient one stop shop where you can also arrange mortgage protection/life cover, as well as buildings and contents insurance. The array of insurance out there is overwhelming, but Paul is more than capable of distilling the facts so that you can make your own choice - in your own time. A personable and capable broker I would highly recommend.

20. A 5-star review by 'SE17LW' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    David Beel

David Beel

I am based in London and have been looking to buy a house in Leeds for an investment for a few months now. David was the first agent I spoke to when I started my search and I found him very helpful and he had a wealth of local knowledge which was great in helping decide which areas I would focus on. I just had my second trip up to look at properties and once again he helped organise a viewing. He was really efficient and once again a delight to deal with.

21. A 5-star review by 'Shinners' 28/8/2014

Ls16
    £136000

Karen Gouws

Karen was very informative and worked for us as much as the vendor she queried with the vendor and responded immediately. She was happy to do things more than once due to our conveyancer being inadequate. An excellent service thank you.

22. A 5-star review by 'Alexandra Readman' 26/8/2014

Lesley Alexander, Reena
    LS28
    £189000

Lesley AlexanderReena

I have used Manning Stainton in Horsforth and Wakefield before and were pleased with the service I received, so am pleased that the house we were interested in buying was up with the Pudsey branch.
    Lesley and Reena were both very helpful and did a fantastic job of keeping me up to date with the progress regarding our purchase. They made regular contact with me and were always quick to return phonecalls if I left a message for them.
    They were both very friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable and made a potentially stressful situation quite easy.

23. A 5-star review by 'Jackie Read' 24/8/2014

Debbie Tabiner

I have been very impressed with Manning Stainton whilst buying a property in the area. From the first Saturday in May when I had a day of several accompanied viewings with them to the completion of the sale yesterday I have nothing but praise for them! They were very patient and informative during the viewings, when I did eventually but in an offer they negotiated well on my behalf to get me a good price.
    However, it is after the acceptance of my offer that I have the real praise! It is fair to say it was a difficult process, the sale of my own house became extremely complicated, I was... (read more)

“I WAS A BUYER”

24. A 5-star review by 'karen' 23/8/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Kristy Marsden
    wf3
    £104

Kristy Marsden

Kristy and other team members when phoning, help to make myself and family feel reassured the purchase and completion date was arriving.
    Really good line of communication between both parties involved.

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  28/08/2014

Hi Karen, we're pleased to hear you had a good line of communication and felt reassured by Kristy and our Rothwell team.
  25. A 5-star review by 'Mohammad Choudhry' 22/8/2014

Kevin Lawson

Kevin arranged new mortgages for me and also remortgaged property as well, I always found Kevin very welcoming, giving correct and suitable advice and finding best products according to my circumstances. Also i found Kevin efficient, proactive and providing excellent customer service replying to my enquiries, telephone calls straight away or at least on same days. I would recommend Kevin to my friends and family members as well. Thanks

26. A 5-star review by 'Ben Crawford' 22/8/2014

£24000

Debbie Tabiner

In what was a really difficult transaction, Manning Stainton were a breeze to deal with. From valuation to arranging viewings to negotiating a sale, I was impressed every step of the way with their performance. All other parties involved were at best difficult, and at worst atrocious, so their can do attitude through everything kept me loyal.

Doing business with friendly and reliable people makes all the difference, and it's what sets these guys apart from the rest.

Would I recommend them to anyone? I'm afraid it's not a yes, it's a "hell yeah I would".

Thanks guys

27. A 5-star review by 'Mary Jordan' 22/8/2014

Sales (Prospective customer)
    BD2

Paul Wilkinson

The hardest part of buying a house now is negotiating the mortgage market. He has in depth knowledge of both new build mortgages and the Help to Buy scheme. I have referred many prospective purchasers to Paul and they have been delighted with the service they have received. It has made my job of selling new build houses much easier. Many thanks Paul.

28. A 5-star review by 'Property Sale' 22/8/2014

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    Clare Frieze, Kelly Maw
    LS19
    £249000

Clare FriezeKelly Maw

Manning Stainton sold my late mothers house. As you will appreciate this was a very stressful time in our lives but the team at Guiseley headed by Claire made it run smoothly. We initially chose manning Stainton because of the professional way in which Claire valued the house - we felt she was very approachable and handled all our queries well. We were kept informed throughout the whole process from marketing to the final sale. All the office staff returned any call we made and nothing was too much trouble. We should like to Thank You all for making a difficult time much easier. Best Wishes Lynda & David Smith.

29. A 5-star review by 'Andrew' 21/8/2014

Kevin Lawson

Kevin has helped advise on our mortgage options, from around January/February 2013 until we finally bought a property in Aug 2014. During this time, our criteria and the value of the mortgage we chose changed significantly and Kevin always took the time to explain and give advice on what the best options would be, as well as practical and affordability advice based on his knowledge of our circumstances etc. Kevin never rushed us and accommodated us at short notice in the various visits we made to his office, sometimes even on an evening. We eventually needed an urgent "mortgage in principle" for a sealed bid offer and Kevin's prompt response in sorting this out for us...the same day as requested... helped us put our (successful) offer in on time. We finally moved home recently and I would have no hesitation in recommending Kevin in providing advice on choosing a mortgage.

30. A 5-star review by 'Michelle & Jim' 21/8/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Sue
    LS10
    £89950

Rebecca WakeSue

We had used Manning Stainton before when we bought our house as first time buyers. They made the process so quick and easy then, that we decided to use them again to sell.
    We chose to use their solicitors and also let them do all the viewings for us to ease the stresses of selling for us. Our main point of contact was Rebecca and the customer service we received from her has been above and beyond. We had more than one buyer that let us down or dragged their feet, not to mention the rudeness and every step of the way Rebecca sorted things out, kept on top of everything, liaised with... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH IT IS QUITE A LOT OF MONEY THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED MORE THAN JUSTIFIED IT.”

31. A 5-star review by 'GS' 21/8/2014

Branch:
    Fine & Country, 2 Shadwell Lane (Moortown) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    £102000

Louise Lawrence

From start to finish the sales process was handled with ease, informing me when prospective clients were visiting and feedback afterwards. Once a buyer was found, we were contacted with progress updates and importantly when things got more complicated they were dealt with as though they never existed. I would have no hesitation in recommending Manning Stainton to sell a property and Louise Lawrence to be your agent.

“VERY REASONABLE”

32. A 4-star review by 'Lou' 21/8/2014

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Carol Hartley
    LS9

Carol Hartley

We signed with Mannings following a disappointing experience with another local agent. We mostly dealt with Carol and feel that she kept on top of things - arranging viewing, viewing feedback and generally keeping me up to date with how things were progressing. Overall we were happy with the service.

33. A 5-star review by 'simon black' 20/8/2014

Leed
    £163000

Debbie Tabiner

The service I received from Debbie was excellent, she kept in contact with me every step of the way even chasing my mortgage adviser and solicitor to the point where I would prefer to pay her for the work rather than my mortgage adviser.
    If I move again I will be using this company, but more imortantly this branch and will definitely recommend to a friend.
    Hope this helps

34. A 5-star review by 'Sat Manku' 20/8/2014

Steven McConville
    £246000

Steven McConville

Due to credit history Steve advised it was proving difficult to obtain a mortgage offer for the amount i wanted to borrow, further to additional funding from parents Steve has managed to obtain a mortgage offer and for my parents to re-mortgage their property to provide the additional funding. The reason why i have given Steve an excellent was because he had gone over and beyond what i believe he is probably 'contracted' to do, but he made sure that within 24 hours he had got a mortgage in principle for me and one for my parents to prove to Alan Cooke (with whom we are purchasing the property) that we could afford to purchase the property and ultimately for them to take it off the market. This house will be a 'dream home' for me and my family (wife and 2 children aged 1 & 3) considering we have been cooped up in an apartment for the last 4 years. I can not thank Steve enough for his help and will forever be grateful. He has been extremely approachable, answered all queries i have had and made the whole process as stressfree as possible.

35. A 5-star review by 'Dan' 20/8/2014

£109000

Paul Wilkinson

Paul arranged for me to get some buy to let loans set up. He researched the market and found some deals that suited my financial arrangements. Paul organised all the paperwork for me and kept me up to date at each stage along the way.

I was very pleased with his professional approach and would not hesitate to ask him for advice or to set up loans in the future.