Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 959 ratings. This website contains 959 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• 14 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 32)

Page last updated on: 30-Oct-2014 17:27:34

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'David Young' 29/5/2014

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Austin' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Alec Broom' 3/6/2014

John Putsman
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Barry & Sue Thornton' 20/5/2014

Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'A Russell' 3/6/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Noj and Debra' 30/10/2014

Laura Walker, Debbie Tabiner
    £180000

Laura WalkerDebbie Tabiner

Having originally purchased my property through Manning's, some 10 years ago, I had no hesitation in approaching them with regards to marketing my property again.

From the initial branch contact, through valuation and marketing, the level of support and customer service received were excellent. Phone calls always answered promptly, messages replied to with no delay, clear feedback and channels of communication were always available. All staff we dealt with were courteous, polite and efficent; a shining example of how to look after clients, something noticeably lacking with some other... (read more)

7. A 5-star review by 'Julie Reilly' 30/10/2014

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Paul Wilkinson, Linda Brown
    BD10
    £215000

Paul WilkinsonLinda Brown

Paul Wilkinson and Linda Brown are always prompt and extremely helpful and knowledgeable when responding to our mortgage queries. Totally professional and they dealt with our particular circumstances in an understanding and friendly manner. We had no worries with regard to consulting them again when it was time to re-mortgage and would not hesitate to do so in the future.

8. A 5-star review by 'John Harrison' 30/10/2014

James Biscombe
    LS7
    £775

James Biscombe

James has looked after me superbly throughout my tenancy at the above property, ensuring any works were carried out quickly and that essential maintenance activities were carried out the next day or quicker! Really a remarkable service and sets the standard for post letting service. I can't recommend him enough.

9. A 5-star review by 'Matt & Sara W' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Andrew Shaduwa
    Ls13

Andrew Shaduwa

I first met Andrew 4 years ago to arrange my mortgage. I had a very tight deadline day and no clue what I was doing. Andrew was fantastic and I have been back to him every time I have needed advice. I have remortgaged twice now, and with Andrews advice, I have managed to remove some capital, yet still lower my mortgage payment.
    Very friendly, full of advice and great at his job.

10. A 5-star review by 'Ness' 29/10/2014

Debbie , John Fletcher
    LS27
    £450

Debbie John Fletcher

Was a quick smooth and easy process, Debbie proved reliable and friendly at all times. Sharron really pulled out the stops with regards to the inventory and having the property cleaned and ready for my move in date. John has been a great property manager, dealing with problems as and when they arise, delivering prompt responses and always remaining cheerful. Thanks guys! x

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT IS WHAT IT IS! DIDN\'T HAVE A PROBLEM PAYING THEM IN COMPARISON TO OTHER LOCAL AGENT FEES...”

11. A 5-star review by 'Joe Colannino' 28/10/2014

Steven McConville
    £239450

Steven McConville

Steve was a great help when it came to securing our mortgage, throughout our initial telephone conversations and subsequent meeting to complete the application Steve maintained a professional & friendly service throughout. He also helped out with obtaining the best quotes for life insurance etc and we wouldn't have got this far without him, we highly recommend Steve.

12. A 5-star review by 'Andy GILL' 28/10/2014

Jo Murgatroyd, Donna Driffield
    WF17

Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

I am self employed and obtaining a mortgage offer was proving to be difficult and restrictive. When I went to Jo she was very easy to deal with, a lovely manner, knowledgeable and efficient with the mortgage systems and calculations. I came away within half an hour with a solid mortgage figure and easy plan of what was required. This has now been achieved, mortgage offer obtained and I look forward to moving in to my new home within 2 weeks. Contact with Jo or Donna for updates and advice has been easy and I am impressed with their professional style through the whole process.

13. A 5-star review by 'nitesh sharma' 28/10/2014

Simon Murphy
    ls17

Simon Murphy

Simon and his team help me to sort out mortgage for my 2 properties. It was quite helpful and informative service.
    very thanks for advise and help.

14. A 5-star review by 'Hilary' 28/10/2014

No staff selected.
    ls10
    £475
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I let my house with Manning Stainton lettings Morley branch. Great efficient service. Let my house with no fuss, got a rent at more than I thought was possible, dealt with all the legal stuff, inventory,tenancy. Will definitely use again

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIR IN VIEW OF SPEED OF SERVICE”

15. A 5-star review by 'katyc' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    134-136 Lower Wortley Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Hayley Janes
    HD4
    £290000

Hayley Janes

Really impressed with the service received from Hayley (based at the Wortley and Beeston, Leeds offices). She was so patient and helpful with me and was excellent at resolving any problems promptly. She thought outside the box for my situation (as a Director - so mortgage options can be more limited) and we ended up with a deal with an interest rate at one third of what we were paying with our old house!

I cannot recommend Hayley enough. Being a member of the Mortgage Advice Bureau they use a database of all the best deals out there (including exclusive rates) so you're guaranteed to get the best deal from them. Also, unlike many other brokers, there is no fee. I already have recommended Hayley to my friends (and one has been to see her this week and is also really happy with the service). You may have to wait a week or so to get an appointment (but that's because she is so busy - and further proves how good she is!)

Many thanks Hayley :)

16. A 5-star review by 'ct888' 28/10/2014

Ben Furnell, Zara Liddle
    HG3
    £352000

Ben FurnellZara Liddle

Ben can and valued at a price we were happy with and it sold in three weeks for a fairly close price. The photographs, listings and advertisement were all first class. Zara and Marcelle progressed everything up to completion with friendly efficiency. Very well done all of you!

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY HAPPY WITH FEE CHARGED. VERY COMPETITIVE”

17. A 5-star review by 'H.A' 27/10/2014

Laura Walker
    £199950

Laura Walker

We used Manning to buy our very first home. Throughout the whole process Laura worked in a professional, reliable and efficient mannor. Laura was excellent and we have no complaints but praise for this lady and Manning. Laura made sure that all relevant information from both sides - buyer and seller was passed on to ensure a smooth buy for us and sell for both parties to avoid unnecessary delays. Laura communicated relevant information about the seller, buyer and the Solicitors process and provided updates on what stage both solicitors were at. Laura was always on hand to answer any questions or queries I had and was always very pleasant, polite and professional and cheerful in her approach. With the help of Laura's positive attitude, relay of information and good communication skills we moved into our lovely new home. We would definitely use Manning Stainton again in the future whether we plan to buy or sell. Thank you for your time and help Laura and Manning.

18. A 5-star review by 'Jodie' 27/10/2014

£900

Michele Clarke

We have just began a new tenancy and the process with Manning Stainton and Michele has been very relaxed and straight forward. The house has been left for us in a lovely clean and welcoming state, its really nice to be able to move straight into a property without feeling you need to clean it for hours first. No complaints whatsoever!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE CHECKING FEES SEEMED RATHER PRICEY AT £198 FOR 2 PEOPLE.”

19. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Singh' 27/10/2014

Kevin Lawson
    £191000

Kevin Lawson

As first time buyers the whole mortgage process was very new to us and simply finding the property that we loved was a challenge in itself.
    Kevin was and remains very professional, personable and easy to talk to. He supported us with every step of the way and was clear from the off-set around our lending capabilities. In turn, this helped us to clearly focus on properties that were within our financial capacity.
    Once we found our home Kevin was fantastic. Extremely confident, numerically accurate and demonstrated excellent flexibility as we would often meet to discuss our mortgage/process around 7pm on a weekday. We received regular updates as to where we were within the process.
    Kevin made the process extremely seamless and stress free. We would highly recommend Kevin’s services and feel extremely confident that we will not use any other broker going forward.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY, TIME AND HASSLE – THEN YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO KEVIN LAWSON TODAY!”

20. A 5-star review by 'Jacqueline Davies' 26/10/2014

Zara Liddle
    HG2
    £110000

Zara Liddle

Zara Liddle was a fantastic support to me throughout the entire process from start to finish. She was extremely understanding of my unusual circumstances of being out of the country throughout the purchasing process. She found me a solicitor and surveyor and even got them to contact me. She followed through on every enquiry I made and often kept in touch just to ask if I needed anything else.
    I would highly recommend Manning Stainton again and particularly recommend Zara. I could not have done it without out and am very grateful to her.

21. A 5-star review by 'Christine Somers' 26/10/2014

Abigail Williams
    £147000

Abigail Williams

Abbie was always polite and helpful whenever I had to speak to her and I was kept informed of the progress all the time.

22. A 5-star review by 'Alec, Leeds' 24/10/2014

LS16
    £850

Michele Clarke

Great service and communication throughout, from initial contact and viewing the staff were helpful and informative and special thanks to Michele who assisted with the application process and kept me informed and updated.

23. A 5-star review by 'HSmith' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Karen Gouws, Gill Landale
    LS18
    £133650

Karen GouwsGill Landale

The team at Mannings Horsforth have been nothing but supportive from initial valuation to final completion of my sale. We had lost a couple of buyers initially, due to thier financial circumstances changing, and Mannings immediately had new buyers lined up ready to view. As flats tend to take a little longer to sell in the locality we had anticipated being on the market for a while, but in total we were only activiely marketed for 4 weeks. Our sale process has been 'challenging' to say the least but Gill and Karen have been fully supportive of our decisions and at no point did we feel that we did not have the information that was needed. They have really driven this sale through to completion as they were aware of the time constraints we were under. I am really happy with the service we have received and would most definitely look to use Mannings again in the future.

24. A 5-star review by 'Debra' 24/10/2014

Helen Turner
    LS14
    £595

Helen Turner

Helen Turner...exceptional, delivered as promised on what could have been a difficult situation. Superb service , within promised timescales, highly recommended.

25. A 5-star review by 'J Fairbrother' 23/10/2014

Property Management
    WF3
    £475

Julie Ann Stokoe

The Manning team have been very professional and helpful in getting our property let. Especially Julie Ann who was always able to answer our numerous question on the rental process. It was so good to have an expert who could give us excellent advice at every step.

26. A 5-star review by 'Sue' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    Clare Frieze, Mathew Pank
    BD10
    £100000

Clare FriezeMathew Pank

I can not praise Manning Stainton enough for there professionalism and approach to selling my home, right from the start they recognised my needs and acted upon them, giving advice and support all the way, I have sold 4 homes in my lifetime and I would strongly recommend Manning Stainton to anyone as a caring considerate agent, although Mathew and Clare are my hero's I can honestly say every person I have spoken with has been knowledgeable and most helpful of any enquiries I have made. Bravo to you all and many thanks especially to Mathew.

27. A 5-star review by 'Peers Hunt Ltd' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    Sharron Kaur, Amardeep
    ls27
    £550

Sharron KaurAmardeep

A big thank you to the girls at the Morley branch for their continued hard work. A special mention to Sharron and Amardeep for keeping everything in good order and keeping our property full. A very professional service by a team who is always happy to go that extra mile. keep up the good work

28. A 5-star review by 'Gill Shackleton' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    20 Otley Road (Headingley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Chris Appleton, Chris Andrews
    LS4

Chris AppletonChris Andrews

Constantly keeping me informed of what was happening on a regular basis . Always professional and polite. Warm friendly and approachable whatever my concerns or worries ,whenever I chose to ring . I personally feel that nothing was too much bother.
    I would recommend this branch, in particularly ,Chris Appleton to anybody wanting to sell their house . I can't praise him highly enough. Gill Shackleton.

29. A 5-star review by 'Suzanne rafter' 22/10/2014

John Fletcher
    LS13
    £500

John Fletcher

So impressed by the advise and support John gave me :) always going that extra mile to help! Massive thank you!

30. A 5-star review by 'elizabeth lewis' 22/10/2014

ls26

Julie Ann Stokoe

My husband and I found both members of staff very pleasant and helpful they answered any questions politely and concisely they made us feel welcome and also made us feel comfortable and enabled us to feel confident in asking questions and with dealing with the company

31. A 5-star review by 'Boris' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    134-136 Lower Wortley Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    No staff selected.
    LS12
    £67000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The cheery staff were always there to help you and managed what would have been a potentially difficult sale with professionalism and personality.

32. A 5-star review by 'GP' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Carol Hartley
    LS14

Carol Hartley

We received excellent service from Carol during the purchase process. This was not a straight forward purchase and initially fell through, but with Carol's help we were able to get the everything restarted, back on track and eventually completed.

In my opinion Carol went above and beyond and I cannot praise her highly enough. Carol was proactive in ensuring things moved along and always pleasant to deal with. She is an excellent ambassador for Manning Stainton and hopefully the company appreciates and recognises the effort she puts into her job.

I have no hesitation in recommending Carol Hartley and the Crossgates branch of Manning Stainton.

33. A 5-star review by 'Karl' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Beverley Turner
    wf1

Beverley Turner

The staff at Manning Stainton Wakefield were fantastic during our sale/purchase. We experienced lots of problems en route but the team were always on hand to offer expert support and overcome barriers. We would highly recommend MS to anyone selling a property in Wakefield.

34. A 5-star review by 'VC' 22/10/2014

ls17
    £495000

Louise Lawrence

excellent service; regular communication; dealt efficiently and patiently. I would highly recommend Louise to anybody interested in selling or buying property.

35. A 5-star review by 'Luke6692' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Kristy Marsden
    Ls26
    £95000

Kristy Marsden

Kristy was fantastic from the start, she negotiated with the seller for me straight away and was very professional and polite throughout the full experience! Super star!