Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 673 ratings. This website contains 673 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 23)

Page last updated on: 22-Aug-2014 17:11:19

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'David Young' 29/5/2014

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Austin' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Alec Broom' 3/6/2014

John Putsman
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Barry & Sue Thornton' 20/5/2014

Branch:
    6A Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'A Russell' 3/6/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Mary Jordan' 22/8/2014

Sales (Prospective customer)
    BD2

Paul Wilkinson

The hardest part of buying a house now is negotiating the mortgage market. He has in depth knowledge of both new build mortgages and the Help to Buy scheme. I have referred many prospective purchasers to Paul and they have been delighted with the service they have received. It has made my job of selling new build houses much easier. Many thanks Paul.

7. A 5-star review by 'Ben Crawford' 22/8/2014

LS7
    £24000

Debbie Tabiner

In what was a really difficult transaction, Manning Stainton were a breeze to deal with. From valuation to arranging viewings to negotiating a sale, I was impressed every step of the way with their performance. All other parties involved were at best difficult, and at worst atrocious, so their can do attitude through everything kept me loyal.

Doing business with friendly and reliable people makes all the difference, and it's what sets these guys apart from the rest.

Would I recommend them to anyone? I'm afraid it's not a yes, it's a "hell yeah I would".

Thanks guys

8. A 5-star review by 'Property Sale' 22/8/2014

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    Clare Frieze, Kelly Maw
    LS19
    £249000

Clare FriezeKelly Maw

Manning Stainton sold my late mothers house. As you will appreciate this was a very stressful time in our lives but the team at Guiseley headed by Claire made it run smoothly. We initially chose manning Stainton because of the professional way in which Claire valued the house - we felt she was very approachable and handled all our queries well. We were kept informed throughout the whole process from marketing to the final sale. All the office staff returned any call we made and nothing was too much trouble. We should like to Thank You all for making a difficult time much easier. Best Wishes Lynda & David Smith.

9. A 5-star review by 'Mohammad Choudhry' 22/8/2014

Kevin Lawson

Kevin arranged new mortgages for me and also remortgaged property as well, I always found Kevin very welcoming, giving correct and suitable advice and finding best products according to my circumstances. Also i found Kevin efficient, proactive and providing excellent customer service replying to my enquiries, telephone calls straight away or at least on same days. I would recommend Kevin to my friends and family members as well. Thanks

10. A 5-star review by 'Andrew' 21/8/2014

Kevin Lawson

Kevin has helped advise on our mortgage options, from around January/February 2013 until we finally bought a property in Aug 2014. During this time, our criteria and the value of the mortgage we chose changed significantly and Kevin always took the time to explain and give advice on what the best options would be, as well as practical and affordability advice based on his knowledge of our circumstances etc. Kevin never rushed us and accommodated us at short notice in the various visits we made to his office, sometimes even on an evening. We eventually needed an urgent "mortgage in principle" for a sealed bid offer and Kevin's prompt response in sorting this out for us...the same day as requested... helped us put our (successful) offer in on time. We finally moved home recently and I would have no hesitation in recommending Kevin in providing advice on choosing a mortgage.

11. A 5-star review by 'Michelle & Jim' 21/8/2014

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Sue
    LS10
    £89950

Rebecca WakeSue

We had used Manning Stainton before when we bought our house as first time buyers. They made the process so quick and easy then, that we decided to use them again to sell.
    We chose to use their solicitors and also let them do all the viewings for us to ease the stresses of selling for us. Our main point of contact was Rebecca and the customer service we received from her has been above and beyond. We had more than one buyer that let us down or dragged their feet, not to mention the rudeness and every step of the way Rebecca sorted things out, kept on top of everything, liaised with... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH IT IS QUITE A LOT OF MONEY THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED MORE THAN JUSTIFIED IT.”

12. A 5-star review by 'GS' 21/8/2014

Branch:
    Fine & Country, 2 Shadwell Lane (Moortown) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    £102000

Louise Lawrence

From start to finish the sales process was handled with ease, informing me when prospective clients were visiting and feedback afterwards. Once a buyer was found, we were contacted with progress updates and importantly when things got more complicated they were dealt with as though they never existed. I would have no hesitation in recommending Manning Stainton to sell a property and Louise Lawrence to be your agent.

“VERY REASONABLE”

13. A 4-star review by 'Lou' 21/8/2014

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Carol Hartley
    LS9

Carol Hartley

We signed with Mannings following a disappointing experience with another local agent. We mostly dealt with Carol and feel that she kept on top of things - arranging viewing, viewing feedback and generally keeping me up to date with how things were progressing. Overall we were happy with the service.

14. A 5-star review by 'simon black' 20/8/2014

Leed
    £163000

Debbie Tabiner

The service I received from Debbie was excellent, she kept in contact with me every step of the way even chasing my mortgage adviser and solicitor to the point where I would prefer to pay her for the work rather than my mortgage adviser.
    If I move again I will be using this company, but more imortantly this branch and will definitely recommend to a friend.
    Hope this helps

15. A 5-star review by 'Dan' 20/8/2014

LS18
    £109000

Paul Wilkinson

Paul arranged for me to get some buy to let loans set up. He researched the market and found some deals that suited my financial arrangements. Paul organised all the paperwork for me and kept me up to date at each stage along the way.

I was very pleased with his professional approach and would not hesitate to ask him for advice or to set up loans in the future.

16. A 5-star review by 'Sat Manku' 20/8/2014

Steven McConville
    £246000

Steven McConville

Due to credit history Steve advised it was proving difficult to obtain a mortgage offer for the amount i wanted to borrow, further to additional funding from parents Steve has managed to obtain a mortgage offer and for my parents to re-mortgage their property to provide the additional funding. The reason why i have given Steve an excellent was because he had gone over and beyond what i believe he is probably 'contracted' to do, but he made sure that within 24 hours he had got a mortgage in principle for me and one for my parents to prove to Alan Cooke (with whom we are purchasing the property) that we could afford to purchase the property and ultimately for them to take it off the market. This house will be a 'dream home' for me and my family (wife and 2 children aged 1 & 3) considering we have been cooped up in an apartment for the last 4 years. I can not thank Steve enough for his help and will forever be grateful. He has been extremely approachable, answered all queries i have had and made the whole process as stressfree as possible.

17. A 5-star review by 'Dan & Victoria' 19/8/2014

£265000

Kevin Lawson

We have just purchased our first house and we went to Kevin to get our mortgage. He was very good at explaining the process and was very flexible in meeting us outside of our working hours.

His system for identifying the best mortgage for us was very clear and he explained it well.

We are now successfully in our property and happy with the service we received. We would recommend him to others.

18. A 5-star review by 'L Gardner' 19/8/2014

LS19

Paul Wilkinson

I found Paul extremely helpful and professional. Appointments were easy to arrange, at a convenient time, and when I had questions Paul was swift to respond and answered my queries very thoroughly. He's a great asset to the Manning Stainton team and I would definitely recommend him to anyone else wanting to mortgage/remortgage.

“REMORTGAGE”

19. A 5-star review by 'J ougham' 18/8/2014

Debbie Tabiner, Helen Taylor
    Ls8
    £130000

Debbie TabinerHelen Taylor

Helen convinced us to put our property back on the market with Mannings. As a result our house sold within days . Unfortunately the sale fell through after a few weeks. But did again sell fairly quickly after several more viewings.
    Debbie Tabiner took over responsibility of seeing the sale through. We found a house we liked and wanted to buy. And so the process began ! What a journey it has been ! 4 months later and we have finally exchanged contracts. Debbie has been absolutely brilliant. She has kept us fully informed of every stage of the process and every development . She has been very professional , patient and understanding. We cannot thank her enough. Her reassuring voice and honesty has been very welcome. We appreciated her knowledge and assistant throughout every stage.
    In conclusion we would very much recommend Mannings and all their staff for making our move happen at long last.

Many thanks

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We're really pleased that Debbie and Helen stood out during your experience and we wish you all the best with your move.
  20. A 5-star review by 'Sasha' 18/8/2014

Hayley Janes
    Ls12
    £108

Hayley Janes

Me and my partner had been looking to buy a house since we spoke to hayley for the first time in march 2013. She really helped us at this point by giving us information about the help to buy scheme as we asked. From this date I also started receiving newsletters which helped a lot. Me and partner decided as there was nothing we wanted in that price range so we saved for a 10% deposit. When going back to Hayley things started getting serious, we also had meetings with other mortgage advisors but manning's cost for value always won. Hayley was a great help and I could contact her at any time. I understood the process, she also arranged our insurance at a great price. There was nothing more for us to do but move in and enjoy our new home. Thankyou Hayley :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“BEST COMPARED TO KATH WELLS AND WILLIAM H BROWN”

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Hi Sasha, thanks for your review. We're delighted to hear about your experience with Hayley and that she helped you throughout the process. We wish you all the best in your new home.
  21. A 5-star review by 'AW' 18/8/2014

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Deborah Tooley
    14 W
    Rent PCM
    £475

Deborah Tooley

Very happy. Nice apartment. Good contact. Always answered any queries or concerns. Easy going. Would use again and would recommend. Thanks Debbie

“NOT BAD IN COMPARISON”

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Thanks for your review. Really pleased that you had a good experience with our Morley lettings team and we hope you will use us again in the future.
  22. A 5-star review by 'AC' 18/8/2014

LS7
    £172000

Vicky Berry

Vicky provided excellent service from the moment she first took on the property. She was always cheerful, which helped me during the more stressful moments, and was very good at keeping me informed regarding the progress of the sale. She always seemed willing to 'go the extra mile' when it came to finding out what was holding things up, and always came up with a solution to overcome difficulties. I highly recommend Vicky as a sales negotiator.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS GIVEN ONE RATE BY THE VALUER FROM MANNING STAINTON, BUT WAS CHARGED A HIGHER RATE WHEN THE SALE WENT THROUGH. I AM HOPING THAT THE DISCREPANCY WILL BE REFUNDED TO ME!”

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that Vicky provided excellent service and went the extra mile. We wish you all the best with your move.
  23. A 5-star review by 'Nichola' 18/8/2014

Louise Rusby
    LS15
    £117000

Louise Rusby

After been let down by another lender I went to Louise for advice. From the beginning she was confident that she would be able to help me. Louise always stayed positive and came up with ideas that helped me in my particular situation. She was always available if I needed to see her or speak with her. Overall, Louise was very professional and courteous and I was confident that the advice she gave me was in my best interests. I am very appreciative of her help.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Hi Nichola, thanks for your review. Really pleased to hear that Louise always stayed positive and was very professionals.
  24. A 5-star review by 'The McDonalds' 18/8/2014

LS27

Kevin Lawson

This is the second time we have used Kevin for mortgage advice and we would use him again. He is flexible in terms of being available evenings and weekends and responds to calls and emails very promptly. He is knowledgeable about the best deals and mortgage provider response time which was important to us. Kevin has also advised us on suitable insurances and we trust his recommendations. I would recommend him to others.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Thanks for your review. We're really pleased that you found Kevin flexible and knowledgeable and we hope you will use him if needed in the future.
  25. A 5-star review by 'Sam Rodger' 18/8/2014

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    No staff selected.
    2 ob
    Rent PCM
    £1000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A great company with a great feel about it. I was provided with nothing short of good customer care, efficiency, and cracking communication. Would definitely recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO PROBLEM WITH THE FEES, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  21/08/2014

Hi Sam, great to get your feedback, we're delighted to hear about your experience and hope you will use us again in future.
  26. A 5-star review by 'T Macklin' 17/8/2014

Branch:
    113 New Road Side (Horsforth) (West Yorkshire)
    Paul Wilkinson, Gill Landale
    Ls18
    £150000

Paul WilkinsonGill Landale

We found Paul and the team to be very helpful. Paul has given us lots of good advice and assistance in securing our mortgage and Gill and the rest of the team are always friendly and helpful on the phone.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Thanks for your review. We're delighted that you found both Gill and Paul helpful and we wish you all the best with your move.
  27. A 5-star review by 'Charlotte and Nick' 17/8/2014

ls82

Kevin Lawson

We were first time buyers and not the easiest of prospects as my husband is self employed. Kevin was so helpful and cheerful through out despite us hitting a few brick walls along the way. He was always available either via email or phone, a couple of times I emailed out of hours with no expectation of a reply till the next day, but he always replied which I felt was above and beyond. We had a couple of really awful moments when my husband and I were despairing because it looked like it was not going to happen as the bank were being particularly stubborn about a seemingly silly aspect of our business accounts. Kevin's attitude was to tell us not to worry, it was his job to do the worrying! He really was proactive and every obstacle we came across he was busy thinking of a way to deal with it. Needless to say he got us our mortgage. We have already recommended him to friends and will continue to do so!

28. A 5-star review by 'Michelle Schneider' 17/8/2014

£177252

Kevin Lawson

As first time buyers we were clueless and nervous about the process. Kevin helped us through every stage and was always on hand for advice. Not only was Kevin always friendly and professional he never got annoyed at my constant questions- even when I called him on his mobile at the weekend! Kevin found us a great mortgage deal and we felt that we got great advice. I would definitely recommend using Kevin for mortgage advice and we would definitely use his services again.

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Hi Michelle, it's great to hear about your experience as first time buyers with Kevin and we hope you use him in the future when needed.
  29. A 4-star review by 'JM' 17/8/2014

ls17

Louise Lawrence

Despite the difficulties invoked by the seller and my purchaser Louise remained positive through out a long drawn out process. We all got there in the end and Louise was an integral part of the team. I would have no hesitation in using MS and Louise again

30. A 5-star review by 'Richard and Yvonne Crowther' 16/8/2014

£165000

Louise Lawrence

We would like to thank Louise for the wonderful service we received when selling our property. We would commend her for the speed of her responses to questions and queries and were pleased that she never dodged our calls even if the news wasn't great. Honesty and directness save a lot of time and energy. When she needed to be away from the office there was always a member of staff that had been briefed to deal with us.

We cannot speak highly enough of the service we received from her and her team and would recommend Mannings (Shadwell Lane) to anyone involved in buying or selling property.

31. A 5-star review by 'Kathryn Belton' 16/8/2014

Ls17
    £191000

Vicky Berry

Vicky was very proactive in moving our chain on and always responded promptly and kept us informed of progress. Very direct and honest, helpful in a stressful situation!

32. A 5-star review by 'The Smiths' 15/8/2014

LS18
    £190500

Paul Wilkinson

Paul was very personable and on the first visit dedicated a lot of time to patiently guide us through the process as we were first time buyers. He also took the time to visit us at our home at our convenience. One of the things we liked about Paul was his extensive knowledge which made us feel that we were in very capable hands. We also appreciated the fact that Paul wasn't pushy, was very objective in his advice and overall his service was tailored to our needs. As a consequence to our positive experience, we have recommended Paul to some of our friends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT APPLICABLE AS WE TOOK OUR THE LIFE INSURANCE POLICY.”

33. A 5-star review by 'Kristy Marsden' 15/8/2014

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Kristy Marsden
    LS26
    £205000

Kristy Marsden

When booking viewings, i was always kept up to date with everything really fast, once we chose our house we wanted to buy Kristy was really helpful and friendly and all times, nothing was too much trouble.

34. A 5-star review by 'Thelma Goddard' 15/8/2014

LS28
    £131000

Paul Wilkinson

Paul has been fantastic throughout our ongoing mortgage application and house purchase. Ours is not the most straightforward of cases and there have been many hurdles so far which Paul has negotiated with endless patience and good humour. He always takes the time to ensure that everything is in order, and that we are going down the right path for us. There's a little way to go yet but I have no doubt he will get us there!

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAUL MANAGED TO SECURE US THE SAME PRODUCT AS ANOTHER BROKER WAS OFFERING AT A LOWER % RATE, AND HIS FEES WERE LOWER TOO. ALL ROUND HE HAS SAVED US A LOT OF MONEY, SO MANY THANKS!”

35. A 4-star review by 'MP' 15/8/2014

£250000

Vicky Berry

Quite early on with our dealings with Vickie it was more like dealing with a friend. She offered good advice and kept us up to date with what was happening, even when there was little to report. It is a long time since we last moved house and reassurances from Vickie about the process certainly put us at ease and instilled confidence. Whilst we accept that other members of staff would not be up to speed with our sale, when Vickie was not in the office the service was slightly lacking. Vickie went the extra mile in liaising with her colleagues at Manning Stainton Guiseley regarding our purchase.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHILST WE WERE SATISFIED WITH THE FEES IN RELATION TO THE SALE, WE THOUGHT THE FEES FOR INTRODUCING THE SOLICITOR WAS NOT.”

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  19/08/2014

Hi there, thankyou for your feedback. We're really pleased you have had such good service from Vicky during your sale and feel she went that extra mile for you. We wish you the best of luck in your new home.