Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 1372 ratings. This website contains 1372 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• 14 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 28-Feb-2015 07:16:13

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 46)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    £77500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    John Putsman
    LS8
    £415000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Tori Titheridge
    HG3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Louise Lawrence
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5-star review by ''

Marcelle Goldberg
    HG1
    £300000
    Marcelle  Goldberg
    Marcelle Goldberg

Marcelle took us through the process from the very beginning. There were a number of complications along the way but Marcelle found many different and creative ways to overcome them. She was persistent in a very positive way so that when issues arose she overcame them.

7. A 5-star review by ''

BD21
    £97500
    no photo no photo
    Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

First time buyer, completely out of my depth. Jo worked with me right from the first emails telling me what I needed to do in order to see if I was able to apply for a mortgage to meeting and setting up insurances and submitting the mortgage application. The package was completely tailored to my specific needs and each area explained in a very understandable way.
    Donna took over the application, introducing herself by email straight away and chasing up any queries I had in terms of receiving written consent from the mortgage lender and when the application went back to the lender when a small discrepancy was noted on the property. Many many thanks!

8. A 5-star review by ''

Nicola Dresser, Ashleigh Naylor
    £108500
    Nicola Dresser Ashleigh Naylor
    Nicola DresserAshleigh Naylor

Having just sold a house using Manning Stainton I can honestly say what a professional team they have at Wortley. I mainly dealt with Nicola and occasionally Ashleigh and i couldn't be happier about the whole process from start to finish. The complete process was smooth, i left the keys with them as I no longer lived in the property and they just dealt with everything. Highly recommended team, i wish you all the best and thank you for your great work.

Kind regards Dan

9. A 5-star review by ''

£278000
    Helen Terry

Helen was the first person to visit us and clearly explained the service they offered and was very clear and stated their fees in an honest format. There was no pressure to sign up felt at all.
    Then during the sale, Nicola and the girls were very helpful in keeping us up to date on interest and viewings at the property, once we had moved out we left them with the keys and they conducted viewings themselves with interested parties. Very trustworthy and stress free service! And once swiftly sold I was kept informed at all stages and basically the whole process was very easy, trouble free and clear. Excellent and swift service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AVERAGE, NOT A PROBLEM.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Kristy Marsden, Lynn Hargrave
    LS10
    £205000
    Kristy Marsden Lynn Hargrave
    Kristy MarsdenLynn Hargrave

Kristy Marsden was allocated to our sale.
    From our first meeting in their Rothwell shop Kristy was very friendly and approachable, and we did contact her a lot. I believe in getting my monies worth, and we telephoned Kristy many times. When she did not have the answer she went away and got one which is the sign of good work ethics.
    I have come across many people in my working career that wont go the extra mile to please customers, but I believe Kristy would run a marathon and wish her well in her future career. When Kristy wasn't available, everybody who took my calls passed on the message to Kristy. Regards

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    Lettings9 Allerton Avenue (Moortown) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Ls13
    £595
    John Sheader

Communication has been really good and would recommend Ms Lettings happily. The whole experience has been stress free so well worth the fees paid.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    Ls19
    Rhiannon Barclay

We used Manning Stainton Guiseley for the sale of our house. As we had never sold a house before we were reliant on the agent explaining the whole process, which they all did brilliantly. We dealt with a few members of staff to start off with, all of whom were friendly and helpful, but once we had our buyer we dealt mainly with Rhiannon. She has been amazing , and I feel she really went above and beyond, for example she phoned me nearly every week even if it was just to say there wasn't any further update. After experiencing what I class as less than adequate service from several estate agents when looking for our onward purchase( I will stress this was not Manning Stainton), it made me really appreciate what Rhiannon did for us even more, and having that one main point of contact at the branch who knew me. Fantastic!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5-star review by ''

£108500
    Nicola Dresser

Myself and my partner have just bought our first house as first time buyers, We were both unsure as to how the process worked but the team and in particular Nicola Dresser kept us up to date with the progress and made the transition for myself and partner a lot more easier. Nicola was fantastic to deal with and I definently would use Manning stainton again after the quality service received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 4-star review by ''

Julie Ann Stokoe
    £475
    Julie Ann Stokoe

Think we've spoken to Julie Ann and she like most personnel at Mannings has been helpful whenever we need a problem sorting or information.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Helen Hull, Julie Ann Stoke
    £420
    Helen Hull no photo
    Helen HullJulie Ann Stoke

Very proactive staff team we have managed to find quality tenants quickly and with the minimum of fuss!
    Impressed with the level of communication, and the information and advice given.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  16. A 5-star review by ''

Ls26
    Jo Murgatroyd Donna Driffield
    Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

Recieved a fantastic and very quick service from Jo and Donna they had my mortgage offer out in 10 days and kept me upto date at all times. Big thanks to them both.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5-star review by ''

BD11
    Jo Murgatroyd Donna Driffield
    Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

I met Jo in person at the beginning of my journey at purchasing my first home. I couldnt't fault her in any way. She was professional, friendly and very efficient in the way she dealt with everything to do with securing my mortgage. II found the advice she gave me on the mortgage and insurance products easy to understand and never felt pressurised. She always responded by phone or email quickly to any questions I had and as always kept me up to date on the progress of my mortgage until it was passed over to Donna.
    I have only dealt with Donna by email but I cannot fault her in any way. As the mortgage progressed she has kept me up to date and has replied to any questions I have asked.
    I wish to thank both Jo & Donna for making my first house purchase a pleasurable one. I would definitely recommend there services. Thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Jamie Brooke, Tina Wood
    £110000
    no photo no photo
    Jamie BrookeTina Wood

We sold our property with Manning Stainton Wakefield, as well as buying our new property with them too. We chose Manning Stainton because we had noticed that a lot of the sold signs in our area were Manning Stainton boards. Jamie (valuer) was very down to earth when he came to value our house, and our property was marketed online quickly and efficiently. We had our eye on our perfect property so wanted ours marketed as soon as possible!

Throughout the marketing of our property, we found all members of the branch to be excellent. We were always contacted the day after a viewing with... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE COMPETITIVE AND SATISFACTORY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 5-star review by ''

£118000
    Nicola Dresser

I buy and sell roughly 4/5 houses per year and have a great deal of experience working with local estate agents. I can say without hesitation that the service I received buying my latest property through Manning Stainton Wortley office and in particular Nicola (Nikki) Dresser was excellent from start to finish. Not only did she keep her finger on the pulse throughout the conveyance period and chase from both sides but she kept me in the loop too and responded to each and every email/call that I made in a timely and courteous manner. It couldn't have been more pleased with the service I received!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5-star review by ''

Steven McConville, Kerry Deighton
    £93000
    Steven McConville Kerry Deighton
    Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

Steve and Kerry have acted as an outstanding, dynamic duo throughout the entire process of buying my house. From the outset, Steve provided exemplary customer service and demonstrated patience when explaining the intricacies involved in applying and obtaining a mortgage. As a first time buyer, Steve and Kerry led me through the entire process and eliminated all feelings of trepidation and bewilderment, all hurdles were overcome effortlessly and they were both proactive and resourceful. The level of service was not only brilliant, but it was also personalised. I found that I could always contact them for updates, queries and for advice and further explanation as to the next steps.

Steve was recommended to me by a family member and I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who seeks a friendly, professional and reliable service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Lettings 40 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    No staff selected.
    Ls27
    £495
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Manning stainton were very good at dealing with our tenancy. Good communication when needed, helpfull and prompt. Havnt used these before but will do in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 5-star review by ''

ls12
    £121000
    Cheryl Broxup

We recently bought our first property: it's said to ba a very stressful process, however, a lot of stress was alleviated by our agent Cheryl. She kept in regular contact with us, the vendors and solicitors, giving us regular updates and helping us chase what was required. I feel communication is key and that's what Cheryl excelled at. A big thanks to her on a job well done!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Mozart House, Lidget Hill (Pudsey) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Ls13
    £117000
    Joanne Williams

I was happy with the service provided by manning stainton and Joanne Williams.joanne arranged all the viewings I needed and helped me to obtain documents I needed to gain information about the services to the property.she was also very helpful dealing with all the solicitors and sellers in difficult circumstances due to the sellers living in another country.i

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 4-star review by ''

Steven McConville, Kerry Deighton
    LS5
    £98000
    Steven McConville Kerry Deighton
    Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

Steve has been very helpful and extremely thorough throughout the whole process. As first time buyers he helped to make us aware of everything in a clear and precise manner and helped to make us feel confident about our choices.

Kerry has also been most helpful and ensured things were completed on time. She's also been great for reminding us if we may have missed anything as we went along.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    No staff selected.
    £70000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Hi Beverly, thank you for your excellent service in selling my property...you have been fantastic and I would definitely use and recommend you again.
    You were excellent at keeping my sale on track, even in difficult times and I can't thank you enough
    Thanks xxx

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  26. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Abigail Williams
    £200000
    Abigail Williams

Abigail did a great job in selling our house, she kept all parties engaged in the buying / selling process, and was more than willing to have the difficult discussions with both buyer and seller.

Abigail also delivered on what she promised to do, and always kept us informed about what was happening.

She really helped drive the sale through, a real star.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 5-star review by ''

louise rusby
    £115000
    louise rusby

A great member of staff a credit to crossgates & to manning staiton on time with all impotant issus again great member of staff & fantastic to talk to all the best

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  28. A 5-star review by ''

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Sharron Kaur
    LS10
    Sharron Kaur

Sharron was always helpful, she kept us upto date with all information. She was very prompt in any queries we had. Sharron is both very friendly and professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    £100000
    Carol Hartley

All the staff at Manning and Stainton were very professional, caring and always willing to assist.
    I have just sold my home, which was a long process, due to the other parties solicitors delays.
    The staff were, hard working, great communicators and always there to listen when you felt stressed.
    A special thank you too Carol and Anneka, the manning solicitor.
    Would highly recommend using there service again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 4-star review by ''

BD2
    Jo Murgatroyd

A very good service, from Jo and her team. Very satisfied with the advice and work completed by the team at all points in the process of getting our mortgage

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  31. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    ls14
    Carol Hartley

The girls and especially Carol were fantastic. They helped us all the way with purchasing our first home. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  32. A 5-star review by ''

Marcelle Goldberg, Ben Furnell
    HG1
    Marcelle  Goldberg no photo
    Marcelle GoldbergBen Furnell

We found Manning Stainton extremely knowledgeable and proactive. They immediately found suitable buyers who viewed our house. We had an offer within a week which was excellent. We offered on two houses both unsuitable after surveys and we found the whole team very supportive and reassuring during a very difficult time for us. We found a property and we were very relieved to find the agent for the sale was Manning Stainton also. This made he whole process easier. We were in along chain which was difficult at times but Marcel and Ben were very reassuring and very efficient sorting out any problems. Buying and selling property is very stressful and Manning Stainton, both Harrogate and Oakwood, Leeds helped us so much. We highly recommend using this agency. Thank you for your help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  33. A 5-star review by ''

£220000
    Diane Sellars

I was very satisfied with the services provided by the team at Morley at all stages of the selling process. In particular I would like to thank Diane for her professionalism and attention to detail which left me confident that the service could not have been bettered.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAD I NOT RELIED ON THE AGENT TO DO ALL THE VIEWINGS AND PROVIDE THE FEEDBACK - WHICH WAS ALWAYS EFFICIENTLY CARRIED OUT - I WOULD REVERT TO MY USUAL OPINION THAT ESTATE AGENT FEES ARE A LITTLE TOP-HEAVY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  34. A 5-star review by ''

£77000
    Cheryl Broxup

Cheryl was excellent. Great communications, approachable, honest. Assisted with the conveyancing.
    Always got back to me.
    SENSE OF HUMOUR which was great

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  35. A 5-star review by ''

£125000
    Steve Backhouse

Approachable and friendly. Steve explained mortgages in a clear, simple but non-patronising way which I really appreciated being a first time buyer.