Browse agents by letter
Visit our website for morre information and to book a free valuation and marketing appraisal

Manning Stainton

Agent rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 1478 ratings. This website contains 1478 user reviews of Manning Stainton.

Contact Manning Stainton

• 14 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

The success of Manning Stainton is unrivalled by any other estate agent in the region. We have 16 high street branches across Leeds and Wakefield , including two dedicated Lettings branches, Fine & Country and five further specialist departments, all ready to help you move!

This year for the second year running we were recognised as the best medium sized agency in the North of England.

The judges’ comments, ‘ Manning Stainton is an agency who impressed once again in this category as an extremely professional business with a sense of community.

Manning Stainton has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Manning Stainton, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 31-Mar-2015 13:58:49

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 50)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    Emma Parkinson, Diane Sellars
    LS27
    Emma Parkinson Diane Sellars
    Emma ParkinsonDiane Sellars

My experience with the Morley team of Manning Stainton was an excellent one, from the initial valuation, through to completion.

I had a lot of viewings, thanks to the web presence and good images of the house and the team did their best to encourage visitors to the office to book a viewing.

After the offer, I dealt primarily with Emma and she was extremely efficient, easy to deal with and very proactive.

I would certainly recommend using Manning Stainton to my friends and family.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    293 Beeston Road (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Rebecca Wake, Gemma Smithson
    LS11
    £77500
    Rebecca Wake Gemma Smithson
    Rebecca WakeGemma Smithson

The service from the Beeston branch of Manning Stainton was first class! The girls looked after me (especially Rebecca & Gemma who were very patient and helpful) and made the moving process as smooth as possible! I would highly commend Manning Stainton thank you for everything.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    659 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    LS8
    £415000
    John Putsman

I used Manning Stainton for finding and buying my first property and from start to finish they were excellent.

The staff were polite and helpful and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual buy.

John Putsman was courteous throughout and explained all the steps of the buy whenever I was unsure. He chased the solicitors from his side and contributed well to the movement of the sell.

I would most definitely recommend this branch when certainly looking to buy in and around the leeds area.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

HG3
    Tori Titheridge

From our first meeting with Tori and the photos taken we were given the best experience we have ever encountered in selling a property. Nothing was too much for any of the dedicated staff at Manning Stainton. We were kept informed at all times and even when on a short break to Amsterdam Tori kept in touch and upon our return we were informed that we had a potential sale. Not only did we have one potential but two within 2 weeks of the house being put on the market. Nothing was too much for them not only from our side but also the buyers side as the purchaser of our house was also impressed by the way they were treated. These must be the Rolls Royce of estate agents we were recommended to them from a previous seller and I am so pleased we took their advice. In all It took about 12 weeks from the photos being taken to completion. They also suggested a law firm for the conveyancing and they were fantastic also. Once again these are truly first class Estate Agents.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    2 Shadwell Lane (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Louise Lawrence

The customer service from beginning to end has been exceptional. Queries were answered quickly and efficiently, support was always there for me and I can honestly say, there will not be a more professional Estate Agent to deal with out there. Louise was outstanding in keeping me informed, updating me & made the process seem so easy...which I'm sure it wasn't from her point of view. I cannot rate her & Mannning Stainton as a whole enough...they surpass any ratings!

View All Comments (1)by Mark Manning  04/06/2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Delighted to hear that the customer service was exceptional and that Louise in particular was outstanding. We wish you all the best in your move.
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Wf3
    Ella Murgatroyd

I was very happy with the service I received from Ella Murgatroyd at the Morley lettings branch. She was efficient with any requests I had things went ahead very smoothly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Ls17
    Marcelle  Goldberg
    Marcelle Goldberg

Marcelle has been great throughout our first house buying process. Always there at the other end of the phone helping us through the process and answering all our questions. From start to finish has been amazingly quick and although stressful at times Marcelle has done everything she can to put us at ease. Thank you so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Wf3
    Ella Murgatroyd

On the renting of our new property we have only dealt with Ella Murgatroyd only!

I have been in leeds 12 years now and have was a a student for the first 6 of those resulting in moving 7 times so as you can imagine I have dealt with a lot of agents in that time! And I have to say out of all of those agents Ella has been the best out of every single one of them! Everything we have emailed her abouts she has come back to promptly with a response and dealt with all the issues we have had in super quick time! When we have called she has called back the same day and we have felt we have not... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Austhorpe Road (Crossgates) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    LS15
    £178995
    Carol Hartley

The overall service was great and luckily our house sold very quickly so the main interaction was with Carol. Carol was with us every step of the way and dealt with everything that was thrown at us propmtly and efficiantly. Thank you x

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Jo Murgatroyd, Donna Driffield
    BD2
    £527
    Jo Murgatroyd Donna Driffield
    Jo MurgatroydDonna Driffield

The service delivered was very professional and timely. It was easier than I imagined and the fee was reasonable. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage.

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

LS7
    £650
    John Sheader

John was incredibly pleasant and helpful from the moment I first spoke to him, he was happy and always gave me all the detail I needed to move forward with my letting process. Organising the viewing and actually signing up was easy, and even after he let the property he has advised me on next steps for property management with a new member of staff. Really nice guy.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADMIN FEE IS A BIT MUCH FOR PHOTOCOPYING A PRE-WRITTEN DOCUMENT, BUT IT'S NOT AS BAD AS SOME PLACES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

LS10
    £550
    Helen Hull

This is the first time I've rented a property and all at Manning Stainton made the whole process so quick and easy. Helen in particular helped me find tenants that would be suitable and encouraged me to meet them so I was more confident in my choice.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

LS12
    £300
    Ella Murgatroyd

The agent was very helpful and patient. We had to ring back several times just to confirm things, enquire and also get updates on the current status of the application and tenancy. Ella was a great person to speak to and also very kind, friendly and most importantly helpful. Can not give a single bad comment.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£268000
    Stevie Sawiuk

This was a very challenging chain but Stevie managed all the way through successfully. At one point it looked like it was all off but Stevie pulled a solution out of the bag and got the deal done. We're pleased and relieved.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

ls28
    £215000
    Lesley Alexander

Mannings dealt with several properties I had for sale. The whole team especially Lesley were fantastic and professional from start to finish. Highly recommend there Pudsey branch and would certainly use them again for buying or selling any property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

£390000
    Marcelle  Goldberg
    Marcelle Goldberg

In short, Marcelle was absolutely fantastic. She managed the sale process through incredibly effectively and was professional, and calm throughout. She was always easy to contact and explained everything really clearly. She understood the specifics about our move in terms of timing and acted accordingly. In negotiating the price we got first rate advice and feel that a fair deal was achieved for everyone as a result. She was also amazingly efficient in managing our solicitor. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE QUOTED A PRICE AT THE START WHICH WAS ACCEPTABLE AND THIS WAS HONOURED WITH NO ISSUES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Queen Street (Morley) (West Yorkshire)
    ls11
    £400
    no photo
    Ella Murgatroyd

Ella was just generally pleasant and. She had all of the paperwork prepared and signed where it was needed and attentive to what I needed from her.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 Marsh Street (Rothwell) (West Yorkshire)
    Steve Backhouse
    WF3
    £501
    no photo
    Steve Backhouse

Very happy with the service Steve Backhouse provided with our remortgage. The whole process was completely stress and hassle free to myself and husband.
    I would ddefinitely recommend Steve and will be asking for his help when our fixed term finishes.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

Kate Inglis, Charlotte Walker
    £197500
    Kate Inglis Charlotte Walker
    Kate InglisCharlotte Walker

I thought that overall Manning Stainton was very good - Stevie was very helpful initially with modifying the brochure to include a couple of details re. the house and Kate/Charlotte were both great in liaising between the buyer and myself even when the process was getting a little tricky with the transfer of the piano out of the house. Chris Appleton also provided prompt photos and good advice regarding the selling price in the early days. overall very impressed.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Paul Wilkinson, Linda Brown
    Paul Wilkinson Linda Brown
    Paul WilkinsonLinda Brown

Paul has been excellent and a real help to myself and my family. I had a very complex mortgage request and where many others had been unwilling to help Paul took time to understand my requirements and went out of his way to help. He was able to find a solution to what I initially imagined to be an impossible situation very quickly, but also took it upon himself to suggest other possible alternatives. He has always been encouraging and supportive and very kind. I have already recommended him to a couple of my friends and wouldn't hesitate to do so in the future.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAUL'S FEES WERE VERY COMPETITIVE. FOR THE EXCELLENT LEVEL OF SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED FROM PAUL I AM MORE THAN HAPPY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

Steven McConville, Kerry Deighton
    LS16
    Steven McConville Kerry Deighton
    Steven McConvilleKerry Deighton

Good quality advice and service provided. I would recommend to others. Nine more words to hit the minimum number required.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

WF
    Ella Murgatroyd

Ella was really helpful and well informed she got back to us really quickly on queries and resolved matters efficiently. Really pleasant to deal with and made the process as easy as possible. Thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Cheryl Broxup, Nicola Dresser
    LS12
    £141000
    Cheryl Broxup Nicola Dresser
    Cheryl BroxupNicola Dresser

I purchased a property through Manning Stainton and can't praise highly enough the professional and friendly service from the team at Wortley.

Cheryl was pro-active in her approach to ensure the sale remained on track and was excellent at keeping me informed every step of the way.

I would highly recommend the Team at MS, thanks for all your help and support.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Liz Whitworth, Beverley Turner
    WF2
    £80000
    Liz Whitworth Beverley Turner
    Liz WhitworthBeverley Turner

Liz was amazing, helpful, knowledgeable and when I buy I will be back in touch. they were in contact on a regular basis to keep me informed of what was happening and I found the whole experience easy and straight forward. Jamie valued the house and was very clear in how he explained things and Bev was fantastic closing out the sale

an amazing team and I would definitely recommend Manning Stainton Wakefield

Comments on the Agents fees

“STARTED AT 105K AND SOLD FOR 80K, THIS WAS DOWN TO MY OWN CHOICE AS I WISHED TO MOVE THE PROPERTY QUICKLY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Lesley Alexander

Lesley was extremely helpful throughout the purchase of the property. The purchase had to be completed in a short timescale and we would not have managed to complete without Lesley consistently keeping us up to date with any progress/issues from both our side and the vendors side.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    54 Northgate, (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Jamie Brook, Beverley Turner
    WF2
    £43000
    Jamie Brook Beverley Turner
    Jamie BrookBeverley Turner

Staff couldn't have been better! Right from the initial value to the actual sale.
    Beverley was marvelous in the face of much adversity! We had problems down the chain, but she pressed on regardless, (even though she did get a little bit of stick from my better half!)
    I think, toward the end, we probably had Beverley on speed dial!!
    Many thanks for all you did for us, we are now happily settled in our little retirement village, enjoying every day to the full!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 The GreenLeeds Road (Guiseley) (West Yorkshire)
    LS20
    £194000
    Matthew Pank

Matthew was amazing! Throughout the whole process he kept us updated, provided advice and support where ever he could. This was much appreciated, especially during stressful parts of the process with solicitors. As first time buyers Matthew was a great and let us know all the additional services Manning Stainton could provide. Just wanted to say a really big thank you for all your help!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Laura Parkinson

I have recently purchased my first home after renting a property through Manning Stainton for more than 5 years. Laura Parkinson was responsible for handling my 'end of tenancy' and I was really pleased with how efficient she was in helping me sort everything out, I am aware she went over and above in chasing my Landlord to prevent any unnecessary delays in getting my bond back. She also saved me a journey back to the main office by collecting my keys upon check out of the flat. This was all much appreciated. I feel she was really friendly and helpful and always did what she said she would as quickly possible during what was a very busy time for me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Lesley Alexander, Donna Luke
    £120000
    Lesley Alexander Donna Luke
    Lesley AlexanderDonna Luke

Lesley was a breath of fresh air during the whole process! Communication was very good with regular updates when required. The whole sale process was smooth and effortless from my side. We wish to thank the whole team and look forward to completing our purchase with you. Great Value for Money!!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FOUND THE FEES TO BE ACCURATE AND GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY GIVEN THE TIME AND EFFORT PUT IN.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Kate Inglis, Chris Andrews
    £220000
    Kate Inglis Chris Andrews
    Kate InglisChris Andrews

Just exchanged contracts on the sale of our property in Meanwood. Manning Stainton provided excellent service throughout. The property was valued by Stevie who provided a professional service and left me in no doubt that Manning would provide a service second to none in selling my property. The house was placed on the market promptly and viewings were organised without delay. I was contacted following each viewing by Chris to give feedback and updates. I was never left wondering what was going on. The property Tracker online service was also invaluable enabling me to keep up to date with... (read more)

“FAIR PRICE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Paul Wilkinson, Linda Brown
    LS18
    £92000
    Paul Wilkinson Linda Brown
    Paul WilkinsonLinda Brown

My dealings with Paul were always very positive, he was knowledgeable about the products he was recommending and offered a wealth of experience on the whole process of moving house (Both buying and selling) I always found him approachable and friendly and nothing was ever to much trouble, he would always go the extra mile in order to get things done.

I believe by using Paul to negotiate on the purchase of my new property it has saved me 1000s of � as he had a wealth of experience and used different tactics in order to negotiate a better deal.

Overall it was a positive experience and I would definitely recommend Paul to other people.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

They manage our building
    Sharron Kaur, Kimberley Masters-smith
    ls12
    Sharron Kaur Kimberley Masters-smith
    Sharron KaurKimberley Masters-smith

both Sharon and kim are keen and competent members of staff, both make you welcome when you enter the office, both are very knowledgeable of the problems and offer options to solve outcomes, both for the landlords and tenants.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Laura Parkinson, John Sheader
    LS13
    £625
    Laura Parkinson John Sheader
    Laura ParkinsonJohn Sheader

We used Mannings to conduct a checkout for exiting Tennants from a property we rent out. My initial conversation was with Peter Cowen who was very helpful interms of advising what approach to take and whether or not we should even use an agency dependent on how good our inventory was. Peter then passed our request onto Laura Parkinson who conducted the checkout inspection and negotiated the bond settlement. Laura was extremely helpful throughout and very efficient. I would definitely recommend Laura.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Cheryl Broxup, Helen Terry
    Ls12
    £130000
    Cheryl Broxup Helen Terry
    Cheryl BroxupHelen Terry

Had very good service from the team at Wortley Office from the very start to completion Cheryl and the team have been in regular contact, we have had weekly feedback. No question is too small to get immediate reponse. This is my third transaction with Manning Stainton I would always recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

No staff selected.
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Put my house up for sale just before Christmas on the recommendation by the estate agent because they said they were still getting interest. Glad I listened to them my house sold within a week just before Christmas. They have been proactive throughout chasing everyone up and keeping me updated.