Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Mann Countrywide

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 104 ratings. This website contains 102 user reviews of Mann Countrywide.

Offices / Branches

• 65 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Countrywide plc is the most successful estate agency and financial services group in the UK. Our company embraces the largest firm of estate agents, valuers, letting agents and conveyancers in the country.

Mann Countrywide has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Mann Countrywide, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page of 4)

Page last updated on: 20-Apr-2014 17:06:34

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'Never use Mann' 12/4/2014

78 Eltham High Street
    Would you use the agent again? No

Avoid any dealings with Mann countrywide in Eltham.
    Staff are un experienced and Poorly trained, Staff will argue down the telephone and tell you lies even suggest to you that your solicitor is rubbish all because they wanted to rush the sale along for their commission. Try not to get mixed up with Jade at the Eltham Branch she will make your experience very stressful.

2. A 1-star review by 'Vicky Bryce' 9/4/2014

Daniel Sarpong
    SE20
    Would you use the agent again? No

My lease ran out on April 24 but I had moved out early, paid my rent up to date and informed Daniel Sarpong that the property would be empty in case it could be rented out sooner and I could perhaps get a refund on rent paid.
    A tenant was found and the verbal agreement I had with Daniel was that I would remove what few goods I had left in the property, give it a further clean (I had already cleaned the property when I left) and confirm with him when I had done this.
    To cut a long story short, I did not confirm with Daniel that the work had been done but he still went ahead and made... (read more)

3. A 1-star review by 'NEVER USE MANN & COUNTRYWIDE' 4/4/2014

1 Thomas Street
    Would you use the agent again? No

I had the extreme misfortune of dealing with his shockingly unprofessional bunch of total idiots from August last year when I had my offer accepted. They constantly harassed me and my solicitor pushing for a contract even though the delays were caused by the vendor.

Their pushy, aggressive, rude and arrogant approach forced me to block their calls after just 2 weeks of dealing with them. My solicitor also had to tell them to stop calling as they would call my solicitor up to 8 times a day. On one occasion they called me 9 times in one day despite me telling them I refused to speak to them... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They could have behaved in a professional manner and not harassed me and my solicitor endlessly. They could have not been rude and agreesive”

4. A 5-star review by 'J Mayle' 12/3/2014

121 Rushey Green
    Peter Piskov
    SE6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had an excellent experience using Mann Countrywide (Catford Branch). The staff were helpful and kept in touch with everything along the way. They chased up feedback and let you know what the outcome was. The property we were buying was a private sale, but they also helped us with this. We couldn't fault them. We would highly recommend anyone wanting to buy or sell use them, as we had tried a couple of other agents previously and they couldn't sell our flat, but Mann Countrywide did.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Jason' 10/3/2014

1 St. Johns Road
    SO31
    Would you use the agent again? No

Mann Countrywide marketed my property for 16 weeks, i did everything suggested to me, including deep clean etc at my cost, they did not even solicit one offer, i changed agency, and sold house for same price i had told Mann Countrywide i would accept in one week!!!!
    RIPOFF They also took a £200 deposit against the legal fees, telling me if i did this i would get a premium listing, but no risk, as i would get it back when house sold, or i withdrew it. However They are now refusing to return my money, coming up with all sorts of ewxcuses

AVOID THIS AGENCY AT ALL COSTS

“Kept word”

6. A 5-star review by 'Wiggy wig' 4/3/2014

1 Manse Parade
    Gary Steadman
    SE9
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The whole process was painless. Gary valued the flat and within days they had two prospective tenants. Once I'd chosen which one I wanted the references were collected quickly and the let went ahead quickly. Would definitely use them again and recommend the team to other landlords. Thanks. Great job - well done.

7. A 5-star review by 'Manning' 4/3/2014

Felicity Baker, Jordan Dry
    CT4
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have recently sold my property in Canterbury via Mann's.
    I was impressed from day one with the Team's knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for helping me with my move. After two weeks of selling I had several offers and secured a buyer at a price that I was delighted with! From agreeing the sale to completion date I was kept fully up to date and they even helped me negotiate the move date I wanted up and down the chain.
    I would have no hesitation recommending Mann's and in particular Jordan, Felicity and David.

8. A 1-star review by 'sickened' 3/3/2014

SE42

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING:
    Using Manncountry will increase your risk of suicide, which is illegal, but i'm sure they wouldn't mind.

My landlady was lied to.
    I was lied to.
    They purposely fed wrong information to both landlord and tenant with a total lack of respect for either's needs.

I was moving to the area to live near my children and have a 2 bed place I could move a bunk bed into. This was approved as 'fine', but revealed as not fine a few days before I was to move in.
    What sort of sick person plays with people's lives like this?

They revealed extra charges at the time of move in.
    The contract had 2 years instead of 1.
    The monthly rent changed.

F*****g sick.

A 1-star review by 'Sue' 20/2/2014

127 London Road
    PO1
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have bought many properties in the past with a few different estate agents around Portsmouth.
    Mann Countrywide have to be the worse I have ever dealt with.
    They are unreliable, unprofessional and give a poor quality service.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Better trained staff. Communication skills are very poor.”

10. 1

A 1-star review by 'avoidwastingtime' 19/2/2014

ME5
    Would you use the agent again? No

Don't go any where near this branch, i have never met such unhelpful, uninterested people in my life. I had to chase them up from day one, putting photos up took over 2 weeks, creating a floor plan took a month which was corrected numerous times. I strongly suggest avoiding these people at any cost! You wont get feed back, you don't get any advise and when you question anything you get a sarcastic response . Complete waste of 5 months!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Complete change in attitude and actually communicating.”

1. A 1-star review by 'J C' 14/2/2014

The Old Bank House 19 The Marsh
    SO45
    Would you use the agent again? No

Have just been told that the people we are buying off have now pulled out! avoid this agent as much as possible due to no updates and playing a long waiting game. They are un profesionall and if they paid me i would never buy a property off this agent. the comunication is shabby and poor! I am bitter yes due to the vendor pulling out but this could have been avaioded if the agent had have been more pro active!

2. 1

A 1-star review by 'Gic' 7/2/2014

Buying agent
    David
    CT2
    Would you use the agent again? No

We finally bought this property for my aged father in law, but only by by-passing the agent who was being exceptionally unhelpful in our efforts to make offers. He told us that an offer had already been accepted and that the mortgage survey was being done. He said that he could only act in the best interests of the vendor. His behaviour was obsequious and I didn't trust him. I contacted the vendor direct and spoke with him, and it was quite clear from my conversation with him, that what David, the agent, was telling was untrue. In the end we purchased the property for cash in a contract... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Told the truth and not lied to promote his personal best interests and not those of the vendor,”

3. A 1-star review by 'saffron connell' 5/2/2014

126 High Street
    shelley rise
    ME2
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have nothing but problems with this agent I spent a lot of money with my husband to get a property from them the house is gawjus and our land lord so far has been very helpful as we have had quite a few problems with maintainece, we had a new boiler fitted and the contracters left a serious leak in three pipes under my sink which flooded my kitchen 24 hours after ringing them to say I couldnt use my sink attall and I had a baby living with me I still hadn't heard anything so I rung them again just to get a patronising uncaring women Shelley rise to basically tell me they had tried to ring the landlord with no luck and there was nothing more they could do she basically told me that it was my fault and was so rude and didn't care that my stuff had ruiened from the water u pay all that money to be spoken to like crap I will never rent with Mann countrywide again and shelly rise Chatham maintainece services should be re trained for her disgraceful customer service skills!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Not be so UN helpful and rude”

4. A 1-star review by 'Andrew' 31/1/2014

Jan Gurr
    TN24
    Would you use the agent again? No

Terrible service. I have received letter demanding access to the property for mid-term visit on 24th January. No problem. I stayed at home all day long, waiting and wasting my time, nobody came, nobody called, wrote email, sent text message. Nothing. I know agency staff visited my friend the same day, the same area ( estate). Nobody called in and this is a second time in row such an ignorance happened ( last time in October).

The same day, I wrote an email to their office (24th Jan) , I have got confirmation that email was read on 27th Jan and I have not got any response from an agency at all. No contact, no explanation, no apologies.

5. A 5-star review by 'John Bloor' 23/1/2014

71 High Street
    DA16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mann Countrywide at Sidcup are by far and away the best Estate Agency that I have dealt with. The reason is that they have grasped a simple necessity missing from many estate agents. They act in the best interests of the person paying their fees. I all times I felt that I was being kept in the picture and when I needed help they were there to advise and help right from instruction through to completion. That is unusual as my experience from agents is that once the purchaser is found you don't hear from them again until they want their fee.

6. A 1-star review by 'Shameful' 22/1/2014

14 Market Street
    DA4
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely awful I don't think you could pick a worse agent. I feel they tell people what they want to hear. Have no interest in helping there customers that have sold with them to find a new place. Poor communication, not much advice on how to do viewings I have children and was selling my first place so block viewing washouts of been recommended. Play a lot of games and I felt they were being untruthfull a lot of them time. Anyone you ever need to speak to is "out of the office at the minute" never again will I be touching this agent, think I'd sell my house better myself!!!! Stay well away! Oh and also only did a handful of the show rounds when we did actually have a viewing for our house.

7. A 1-star review by 'Great Dane' 19/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

Incompentant, untrustworthy and arrogant staff. Did everything (on purpose) to slow or stall process knowing that our daughter needed a place to live. Poor service. Does not know how to make international transfer of funds or credit cards. Lots of mistakes in the tenancy contract. When we finally got the keys to the place, they were the wrong ones and it turned out there were no keys to the apartment at all. A total shamble

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'J Reid' 28/11/2013

1 Manse Parade
    BR8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Mann Countrywide for a number of years to let and manage my portfolio. They have always let to good tenants, offered great honest advice and nothing is ever to much trouble. A professional team. I will never use anyone else.

A 1-star review by 'Janet' 26/11/2013

BA21
    Would you use the agent again? No

The agent I was using for my rented property sold out to Mann Countrywide, Yeovil. This agency was extremely inefficient - didn't answer phone messages or emails, took a lot of pushing to do simple tasks. I tried for 5 months to get them to transfer a deposit when I sold one of my houses to my son but despite promises that they were processing it, it was never done.
    I changed agencies, and like the other reviewer, my tenants mistakenly took the rent money in cash to Mann Countrywide. Mann banked the money, sent me part of it (retaining management fee, VAT and a further £10). Despite many efforts by me, the tenants and the new agency, to get the money back, it has not been returned. The agency said several times that they had asked Accounts to return it, but Accounts said they had no record of this. I was told in one phone call that the money had actually been transferred to me, but this proved to be untrue.

10. 1

A 1-star review by 'Mizpent Youth' 23/11/2013

88 St. Thomas Street
    DT1
    Would you use the agent again? No

This company provide an absolutely appalling service to their tenants. We are renting between purchases are a family with 3 young children. A few defects were reported upon commencement of the tenancy and were dealt with by a third party company acting on behalf of Mann Countrywide, these issues were dealt with quite efficiently and quickly. For some reason, after these early issue were dealt with the maintenance was handed back to Mann Countrywide who are worse than useless, they do not respond to emails, and they don't answer the phone. We have had several defects outstanding on the... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“If the agent had responded to my emails, answered the telephone when I called, and had effected the repairs in a timely manner I would have considered using their services again.”

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled' 21/11/2013

337 Shirley Road
    SO16
    Would you use the agent again? No

We didn't end up selling with Mann Countrywide as they were so incompetent. Barely communicated with us. Lied about having prospective buyers before we signed with them, these 'buyers' mysteriously disappeared after contract was signed. Didn't hear anything for three weeks even after I called on at least four occasions as the description was very poor and the floorplan was incorrect. No apology from manager once floorplan was sorted, just put blame on admin staff. Description was not changed. Barely any feedback from few people who did view the place. When finally was able to cancel... (read more)

2. A 5-star review by 'MrCody' 20/11/2013

Sian Taylor

To whom it may concern,

I would like to thank Sian Taylor and the lettings team at Mann Countrywide Sutton Branch for their professional and courteous help in not only finding me outstanding tenant's at my rented property but for Sian's continued communication is fantastic. As a whole, I am so happy with the level in which Sian and her team quickly respond to me that I have decided to let Mann Countrywide fully manage my property on my behalf knowing that the team under her guidance is in very good hands. I am so very pleased that when I invest in a new house or flat in the Sutton area it will be Mann Countrywide that I will go with. Thank you again Sian Taylor.

Kind Regards

Mr Cody

3. 1

A 1-star review by 'K G Perry' 8/11/2013

Amanda ?, Sharon Collins
    BA21
    Would you use the agent again? No

Until recently Mann Countrywide used to manage the property I rent until my landlady changed letting agents. While under Mann Countrywide's management the flush on my toilet broke, I reported the issue to Mann Countrywide immediately. It took Mann Countrywide 2 weeks to report the issue to their maintenance man. Despite the numerous phone calls I made to them, Mann Coutrywide didn't see it as an issue that needed resolving quickly and happily left my family of 5 without a flushing toilet for a over fortnight!
    Since leaving Mann Countrywide's management a rent payment mistakenly went to... (read more)

4. 1

A 1-star review by 'Andy' 23/10/2013

Stephanie Dagg
    TN24
    Would you use the agent again? No

During dishwasher servicemen visit ( in January 2013) , floor has been damaged in the kitchen. It's been reported immediately by email, supported with few pictures. Couple months later during mid term visit I raised this issue again. I asked for a copy of the report made during this visit, I was promised to receive it shortly, nothing happened. I sent few emails, no answer. In June 2013, I visited MannCountrywide letting office asking for a copy of the last mid term visit report. I could not get it because...it disappeared, no copy left. Again, member of staff promised to contact me about the issue. Nothing happened. In August, I sent recorded mail and got no reply again. Week ago, I received the letter from Sittingbourne office about another mid-term visit arranged on 22nd October 2013 between 10-16. Nobody came, nobody phoned ! Total lack of respect !

Report Abuse 1 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. 1

A 5-star review by 'BishopJ' 2/10/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mann Countrywide in Lewisham are very professional at what they do and will help you to their very best skills. Highly recommended.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Houseseller2013' 2/10/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having recently sold my property through mann countrywide I honestly cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me. They absolutely had my interests at heart....even when my buyer began to mess around they knew exactly how to handle the situation and see my sale through to the end.
    They got a fantastic price for my home in a hassle free manor. I cannot recommend them any higher!

7. A 5-star review by 'Houseseller2013' 1/10/2013

8. 3

A 5-star review by 'eviepeach78' 26/9/2013

Sian Taylor, Jack Parsons
    SM2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I can't thank Sian & Jack enough for their help & guidance through the Lettings process. As a first time landlord I was really nervous about letting my home out to strangers, but they put me at ease and answered every query I had. Jack found me a tenant immediately and everything went really smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone who has a property to rent out, they provide an outstanding service. Top marks!

9. 3

A 5-star review by 'ginge39' 26/9/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with other estate agents before and will never go back due to the excellent customer service i received from Mann Countrywide. I was approached by the lettings negotiator Ashley who was very helpful and was a joy to talk to. He found me a property that matched my criteria and i am looking forward to seeing the property this Friday evening.

I highly recommend speaking to Ashley or whom that works within the Lewisham branch as they will do there very best to help you out.

Thanks for the help, see you Friday.

10. 4

A 5-star review by 'sussie92' 26/9/2013

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Chantel Davis the lettings manager was a delight to deal with. She put me in the right direction and found her very pleasant to speak to. Her negotiator, Ashley, attended the viewing and was amazed at how professional and charming he was. I have never been treated with such respect before with any other agents.

I have informed my brother and best friend to go here to find a property as there knowledge is priceless.

1. 3

A 5-star review by 'Kane' 20/9/2013

Chantel Davis
    SE12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service was brilliant I just found that they wanted to meet my criteria. They took the time to listen to my needs.

2. 3

A 5-star review by 'SD1019' 20/9/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Received an exceptional service from lewisham branch and was really impressed at the care and attention they had paid to us. Will certainly be using then again if needed.

3. 4

A 5-star review by 'hotlegs' 14/9/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was very happy with the service I received. Mann found me a beautifully furnished property close to where I was already living. I get on so well with my landlord who too has been wonderful throughout. It was a little annoying that mann wouldnt accept any cash payments as I lost my card, but apart from that the service was second to none! Will definitely recommend to others.

4. 4

A 5-star review by 'maria E' 14/9/2013

Chantel Davis, Gillian Goodall
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both ladies valued my property one for sales and one rental. I instantly knew i'd instruct them after their visit. They each spent roughly an hour with me talking about the market and things i would need to do in order to let and sell my property. They were absolutely wonderful, I got a real sense of care. They filled me with confidence as I was nervous about letting go of my home. I was shocked at how much the rental prices were in my area! I decided to go with rentals as this worked out well for me financially.

5. 6

A 5-star review by 'Siggi' 13/9/2013

Nathan Stephens
    SE12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nathan is the most professional and happy lettings negotiator we have dealt with. He was quick to find us our perfect property and made the whole process smooth and pleasant. His communication skills were outstanding. Top marks for Mann countrywide.

6. 6

A 5-star review by 'Cesar' 9/9/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I received an excellent attention. The agent, Ashley Mould, paid attention to my needs in letting a flat. He tried to find the most suitable option for me. It is an excellent choice, I highly recommend to contact him.

7. A 5-star review by 'paul J' 7/9/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Keeping it short and sweet. I found a property last week with Mann which I moved into on Wednesday. Pleased with the service and agent I dealt with. He even suggested I have content insurance with is something I didnt really consider. My aunt is dealing with their mortgage advisor which is what prompted me to register with them. Glad I did!

8. 5

A 5-star review by 'Mike' 6/9/2013

Nathan Stephens
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Found a property through Mann in Hither Green in August. Nathan was my representative who showed me two properties. I loved both of these but decided to go with the property that offered nicer furishings. I found Nathan helpful and pleasant to deal with. He always promptly came back to me if i had queries or concerns. The referencing process took a little longer than i expected however i was always kept in the loop. I would certainly recommend other tenants to Nathan. His manager was also very helpful throughout the process.

A 1-star review by 'Paul' 9/8/2013

126 High Street
    ME8
    Would you use the agent again? No

Had no problem with them during our tenancy, but their deductions are extortionate. We went to great effort to clean the house, meet with all the requirements etc and thanks mainly to a picky landlord, there were numerous conversations between my wife and the Property Manager in the lead up to use leaving.

Without question we left the place in better condition that when we arrived, thanks mainly to the property having been empty for a couple of months before we moved in. However, as with any clean, there are always a few things missed - especially when it's a 4 bedroom house. A till... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“I just wanted to be treated fairly! I would have paid reasonable costs for the cleaning that was required. I would have paid for anything that was reasonable - even marginally inflated prices I would have accepted, but this is a clear rip off.”

10. 3

A 1-star review by '37eeyore' 15/7/2013

Ethan
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have used several estate agents and these are by far the worst. Ethan is incompetent and lies to cover his mistakes. He didn't keep in contact with the seller and lied about how ready they were to move. They in turn had no idea about our requirements. He kept telling us that the top of the chain was ready and waiting for us which caused the bottom of the chain to pay extra to have everything fast tracked. The consequence of this was that we had to pay to put our furniture in storage and incur extra removal costs. The sale nearly didn't go through because of all the extra headaches caused by Ethan not doing his job and lying to cover up. When I complained to Joanne, the office manager, she denied that Ethan had done anything wrong and tried to blame it on me and my buyers. She didn't care if the sale fell through and her manner was rude and abrupt. What should have been any easy transaction ended up taking four months.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They could have done their job properly and not been deceitful and rude. An apology would have gone a long way.”

1. 4

A 1-star review by 'OB135' 8/7/2013

CT2
    Would you use the agent again? No

• Extremely high admin fee’s with no real sign of getting the service you are paying for.
    • Told on the day of moving in that I had to take out insurance, or I could not move in. This was the first time I had heard about that having insurance was a pre-requirestie before moving in. And because this was sprung upon me the only insurance that I could take out at short notice was through a company which Mann’s deals with, and therefore must be getting a kick back from.
    • When I took out the insurance, it was told a price, then I got a letter from a third party of creditors saying it... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Better service, train your staff properly and get rid of any team member who is obviously incompetent. Stop charging stupidly high admin fees when I had found out by other agents (from where I come from) that the costs are a fraction of the price.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (4) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (4)by Branch Manager  14/07/2013

I am somewhat surprised by your comments as the way you have described your experience seems far from our usual standard application process. All our tenants are fully aware of their obligations from the outset. All fees and move in dates are discussed and agreed by the applicant prior to them signing their approval to proceed. Once referencing has been carried out and you have met our criteria, we then send you a letter/email confirming the details of your tenancy, at this point we advise that you will need to take out contents insurance and enclose a quotation. Tenants insurance is in... (read more)
  3. 5

A 1-star review by 'notthatrusko' 3/7/2013

Would you use the agent again? No

Booked time off work to view a property with a view to taking it immediately provided the standard was as appeared in advert.

We had a reservation the day before our viewing. 2 hours before our booking Ashley cancelled on us with no reason. When I called in Ashley made up an excuse about having another appt. Which didn't make sense. When I pointed out the fact he was obviously blagging me he changed his story to something about a tenant. Which also didn't add up. When I asked why he had waited until 2 hours before my appt. He had no explanation and basically ignored the question.

I asked for his manager and he said he would get her to call me. She hasn't (surprise surprise).

We are excellent professional tenants seeking long term tenancy, and now we won't be renting with these xxxxx because of the offensive level of service we received. Had the manager contacted us we would have gone back - the fact that she's just as unprofessional told us all we needed to know...

4. 4

A 1-star review by 'Ann' 23/5/2013

921 Brighton Road Purley
    CR0
    Would you use the agent again? No

If you employ your own staff, and would like to show them an example of how NOT to behave, or treat customers, then you must call in at the Mann Countrywide branch in Purley, and speak to the young lady there! Absolutely totally full of herself, arrogant, rude and unhelpful. Why would any company wish to employ someone like that? The other member of staff, a young man, was the absolute epitome of good customer service, but the young woman (whom I suspect was the "manager"), wouldn't leave him alone to get on with his job, which he was doing excellently, but constantly chipped in from the side with nonsense comments.
    I gave up and walked out... Another customer lost!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“The young lady could have left the competent member of staff to get on with things, which might (indeed probably) would have resulted in an offer being made.”

5. 3

A 3-star review by 'Dot' 21/5/2013

PO13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to believe such a successful company presents itself well. However my experience isn't that good.
    Firstly, I did not feel the agent is acting in my favor and there basically was lack of interest. I also could wish for more cheerful and welcoming attitude.
    Secondly as I have bought my property in mid April I still did not received mentioned complimentary home move box, which as I have been told should be delivered soon after my move (within 10 days).
    I start to wonder either Mann Countrywide makes empty promises or someone did not want to provide a good job. While not being greedy here and not even thinking of getting the complimentary home move box now, I'm trying to understand whether Mann Countrywide can keep to the given word and can be loyal to their customers.

After saying what bothers me, I would like to bring a good word to one of the wonderful employee, who got a position as a financial advisor. That girl can do wonders and I would like to thank her for great work she has done!!

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'SH' 13/5/2013

127 London Road
    PO3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Mann Countrywide failed to show up for appointment. I had made an appointment for a property to be valued but no-one turned up. Had driven over 100 miles for the appointment and the estate agent didn't even bother to phone me. I had to call them.

“Turned up!”

7. 6

A 1-star review by 'Hopeless Tenant' 8/5/2013

Jason Weddle, Danielle Tapping
    SM2
    Would you use the agent again? No

Warning!!! Keep away from Mann Countrywide. Can there be a worse letting agent?

My wife and I went to see one of their properties. We quite liked the property so we enquired about their fees. The agent verbally explained that the fees were as follows:

£75 for reference check per adult - £150

Inventory: £120
    Administration Fee: £100
    Total = £370

We were asked to pay a holding deposit of £300 to take the property off the market and to do our reference checks. We paid the amount on the same day. After the reference checks were done, we received an invoice via email amounting... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“There is nothing this agent can do to change my mind. They are just robbers...”

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'Paul Duffield' 3/5/2013

sarah ?
    TA
    Would you use the agent again? No

Tomorrow i wll be making my third visit to try % view the property. First time they didnt show up, second time they were 25 mins late & no phone call to say so. so i went home. I had another appointment to view booked for tomorrow (Saturday ) Which i have just rag to confirm somebodt would be coming, only t be told somebody had cancelled it. It amazes me they eersell anything

9. 6

A 1-star review by 'Mr and mrs Walsh' 26/4/2013

GU7
    Would you use the agent again? No

Treated like a second class citizen, spoken to in a very dismissive way. Obviously she does not understand who the customer is or how to treat them.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Be respectful and polite”

10. 6

A 1-star review by 'dontdoit' 25/4/2013

Alan Van
    Would you use the agent again? No

I gave them a holding deposit/ reference fee of £375 THREE months ago and still haven't had it back.

Nobody returns my calls.

The property fell through because they only called ONE of my partner's employers (he's a peripatetic teacher and has more than three employers) and discounted my job entirely as I'm still within my 9 month probationary contract, so we fell short of the rent (your salary or salaries have to be 30 times the monthly rental amount) by £200. When I pointed out their mistake, nobody did anything about it, or took responsibility, or said sorry.

We were 4 days away from moving in, and had bought furniture for the place, and organised van hire. We had to move out of the place we were in, so were effectively homeless.

Extortionate fees (actually we got them down by £100) and they do all the references in house anyway. Except not properly. And zero customer service, and worse than zero accountability. And I'm still chasing for my money. All in all, appalling.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Taken responsibility for their mistake and have said sorry. Still owed money three months on!!”

11. 2

A 2-star review by 'Buying for kids' 10/4/2013

TN**
    Would you use the agent again? No

12/2/13 3 bed terrace . This agent keeps a property on their books/board/Rightmove as for sale even though offer accepted, no viewings and one week left before for contract exchange. Time wasters. And very unapologetic.

12. 6

A 1-star review by 'lizi' 9/4/2013

GU4
    Would you use the agent again? No

Very helpful agent when it came to being accepted on the property. Took the £500 holding fee with no problem at all. Was told that taking in all the referencing documents would be the best way to get it done quickly. So that's what we did, only to be told we needed more documents, so had to drive 6miles there and back again. Got a break down of all fees and nearly died of shock, came to almost £900( with guarentaur). But we liked the property so would have payed it. Then it went wrong! The landlord had accepted another tenant with an earlier moving in date! After they took our £500 holding fee! We were told by the agent that it would be payed back through BACS, when ringing up and speaking to a rather rude manager I was informed that it wouldn't be , that it will be cheque. Have now found a better estate agent that charges half the fees!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Could have been more honest from the start. if a landlord would prefer a different tennat that is their choice. Is their house after all. However we should have been informed, not led on. Really don\'t need the stress being 3zweeks pregnant!”

13. 2

A 1-star review by '*' 21/3/2013

40-42 Commercial Way
    Ross
    GU22
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was in talks over the purchase of the property through the sale team, as part of the agreement I would initially rent the property with a clause to break the contract at any given time to purchase. The property was a new build where the owner was keen to sell rather than rent the property and so was happy with my agreement.

Everything was in process and ready to go as far as I was aware, I was still dealing with the sales team. On the Monday I was told by the lettings team that they had sent me some paperwork through by email. When I checked my emails, there was just a message to contact... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Keep people informed of actions. If on the phone everything is still good to go, then it should be in person. If the situation has changed inform people. There were two occasions, where I spoke to someone who said things were all okay, and they already knew that it was not.”

14. 1

A 4-star review by 'Cherry Blossom' 12/1/2013

Laura Page, Leeanne Rafferty-Evans
    CT1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a Landlord with Mann Countrywide for some years now. I have found over the past couple of years the team to be friendly, and professional. They have let my properties in a timely mannor with minimal disruption and voids with the rental income.

The Branch Manager is understanding of my needs, the administration team are efficient, and any quiries are answered in a timely mannor. My properties are fully managed, the property manager is dedicated, and turns round maintenace issues in a swiftly, timely mannor. She is professional, helpful, and keeps me updated on the progress of the works. The rent is paid on time, and should there have been any late rental payments they are fast to act to retrieve the rent.

I would highly recommend the Canterbury lettings department of Mann Countrywide to any potential landlords, or tenants and I look forward to many more years with them managing my properties.
    A very happy landlord

15. 5

A 1-star review by 'Hildres Pancrace' 31/12/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

There was some urgency to find a home to rent (two weeks). I was shown a property and terms was agreed. My card was
    taken and I understood a fee was taken for a reference check. I was given all the papers to fill in. I cancelled other viewings I had that day. On the way home I got a call from the agent telling me that he had got the day of the present tenants leaving wrong. By two weeks. I was told that there was no problem with me moving my furniture in but I could not live in the property until the tenants' contract period was complete. It was suggested I stay with family or frients (three people), I had made it clear that I was completing on my flat on a particular date and needed to be in a place on that date.
    I returned to request the reference fee back to discover that the agent had in fact not taken the fee, which leaves me to conclude that the situation was construed for the benefit of the agent and landlord with absolutely no regards to my requirements. A clear case of intended entrapment. Disgusting!!!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Absolutely nothing. I will never consider this agent again nor recommend to friends/family. Sadly this is one of two experiences of this sort I have had in a short space.”

16. 3

A 1-star review by 'Trajester' 22/12/2012

2 Aldershot Road Woodbridge Hill
    Buying agent
    GU2
    Would you use the agent again? No

The most shocking experience with Mann Country Wide at this branch is when we were in the process of making offer to a repossession property. We were receiving calls from them shortly after we have made offer, they were telling us the offers (i.e. actual figure) made by another customer. They were acting as an auctioneer which is not acceptable professional practice.

They are slow in response, poor in communication, inconsistent in providing information. Overall it was a frustrating experience.

17. A 4-star review by 'Kathy' 22/10/2012

47 The Borough
    Tanya Oakland
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Tanya was involved in marketing my property and helping me find a new one. She was excellent - she is extemely patient and always willing to take time to discuss any concerns at length. She is extremely perceptive and unlike many estate agents, very sensitive to the stresses involved in selling and buying a house.

18. 1

A 1-star review by 'monkeys' 1/10/2012

40-42 Commercial Way
    Ross
    Would you use the agent again? No

Well they made my life as hard as they could right from the beginning, handed in my notice as you do giving 2 months notice, they then were just lazy b*****ds and didn't hand it/scan/send it off until 10 days had passed, this is was the idioticy of Ross who was "undestaffed" or some crap like that o and the first I heard of this was me ringing up to find out as going well. The other two ladies were equally as useless generally and not much help at all. they also had 2 months notice of my date that I'd given, took them a week before I moved to realise it was a Sunday and to tell me they couldn't do that. Which I found out that they were lying out there ar*eholes about on the day o my inventory. my advice, stay well clearv of them, they are useless, sly, back stabbing, lying corporate people who don't give a monkey's about anything but them selves.STAY WELL CLEAR or just prepare for the crappiest people to manage your property.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Employ people who can do there job maybe ?!? This would help a lot !!!”

19. 9

A 1-star review by 'A very disappointed customer' 28/9/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

"Terrible" is the only word that can describe their service.

Based on my experience, their aim is basically to take as much money as possible from their customers. They have a ridiculously high charge on the referencing, administration, check in, and tenancy agreement fee that in total cost over £500. As inexperienced as I am and as I am very desperate in finding a new place to live, they know that they have more power and that I do not have any choice but to use their service.

Moreover, one of their sales agent was even cheeky enough to ask for the payment WITHOUT having sent a copy of the tenancy contract and the invoice beforehand! Also, they never told us that the fees excluded VAT. All in all...they are dishonest people and you should NEVER do business with them! If you have no other choices and have decided to use their services, you should take note of everything they say or do because they make tons of excuses and make lies after lies.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They should take the reviews and complaints into consideration. As I can see...they have yet done so, otherwise there wouldn\'t have been continuous complaints and poor reviews on their products and services.”

20. 2

A 1-star review by 'Matt' 20/7/2012

Louise Hurlow
    Would you use the agent again? No

For background, information, I am a young professional currently living in London, but looking to move to the Woking area. I had arranged an appointment with Louise from MannCountrywide to view a property on Wednesday 18 July at 17:00. In order to make the appointment, I left work early and travelled 30 minutes by train.

Earlie in the day, I had received a text message confirming my appointment.

I arrived at the property at 16:55; there was no sign of Louise, so I waited outside. At 17:00, there was still no sign of Louise, but the sky had quickly turned grey and a very sudden downpour... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Had the agent called me within 24 hours of the missed appointment to apologise, rather than me having to call them, I may not have felt inclined to leave this review, and might have given them the benefit of the doubt. Additionally, had they offered a discount on their fees, I may have considered using them. Neither of these things happened, however, and I will not be using them, much less recommending them.”

21. A 5-star review by 'Amazed3' 19/7/2012

119 Church Road
    Andy

hi,
    We are at present looking for buy to lets and it is refreshing to find an agent that is doing the job properly. We are very pleased with the service provided by Andy who is trying to provide the best service he can and takes a proper interest in what we require. He makes regular follow ups and other agents in the area could take a lesson from him
    well done Andy!!

22. 2

A 5-star review by 'Houseseller2012' 18/7/2012

Joanne Hughes, Ben Albon
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Jo, Ben, Warwick, Emma and Julian worked above and beyond to find us a buyer at a good price within a limited timescale. They never took there eye off the ball and their customer service is incredible. They always call back when they say they will and pulled out all the stops to get my sale through. I can't recommend them enough.
    1st class agent and 1st class service

23. A 5-star review by 'MrSlater' 16/7/2012

15 Locks Heath Centre Centre Way Locks Heath
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Great agents! I used this branch to let out my house recently and received great customer service/care and advice. They got me a very good price, with perfect tenants and offered me a great management package with a very competetive fee.

would recommend and use again!

24. 2

A 2-star review by 'MANN COUNTRYWIDE IS IN MELTDOWN.' 13/7/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

Derren Box the manager came to my home to sign me up.l He promised that my property would be included in a special exhibition in London for Investors. He promised to keep me informed as to the results. (He also promised an introduction to another estate agent on another business matter). He then persuaded me to sign on the spot a waiver to my statutory rights. I did so . He has NEVER called me back. I called his office and three times was promised he would call me back. A supposed sale that appeared just their agency contract was out to expire disappeared.
    I was promised again on five... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Phone me back when promised.”

25. View All Comments (1)by Honeyboo  29/08/2013

I agree - I as a buyer had a viewing in Abbey Wood; I had the email confirmation as well as the verbal agreement. It was an early evening viewing and I had to travel across London only to learn that the person did not book me in, despite my email confirmation, so no one knew of the booking and the girl who had made it was not around that particular day. A shambles that's all I can say. I got an apology - what is that worth when I had wasted the best part of the day travelling across town.
  26. 1

A 2-star review by 'Gail John' 30/5/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

We are in the process STILL or trying to complete on a purchase with this agent. We have been told different things from beginning to end. i.e. how long it would take which is proving to be never ending and have been badly advised with regards to how many people are in the chain. Nobody seems to care about how much stress people are under and the fact that we need to purchase furniture, get utilities etc organised. All they seem to be bothered with is their commission etc. We have been made to feel like we are a nuisance if we phone them, they would never contact us if we didn't ask the question,. Told yesterday that all parties are ready to exchange today and complete on the 7th June......not happening according to our solicitor because the solicitor that Mann use (Fastrack sale ha ha) did not even bother to answer the telephone to our solicitor this morning.....she was waiting and waiting on the phone until she had to give up. No professionalism from anyone to do with this Company.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Contacted us more often, done the job he is paid for and been professional with it.”

27. 5

A 1-star review by 'Displeased' 24/5/2012

121 Rushey Green
    Hazel Henwood, Quoc Tang
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have had the great misfortune to buy a house through these charlatans, from the outset they were obstructive, with Quoc informing me that the vendors did not want to proceed as I was too pushy. They dithered around confirming the offer, made it clear they were only interested in the vendors concerns and were frequently personally abusive (Quoc particularly, this 'gentleman' has no business in any customer facing industry), the agents refused to take the house off the market after my offer was accepted and invented offers in an attempt to bully me into raising mine. Despite repeated requests they refused to put pertinent information in writing and continued to call during my working day when e-mail only contact had been requested. In addition they pushed their conveyancing 'service' inordinately heavily even though the same group were handling the conveyancing for the vendor. Moreover their conveyancing 'service' was at least 20% more expensive than the nearest competitor. Overall avoid like the plague, particularly Mr Tang.

28. View All Comments (1)by Mann Countrywide  06/03/2014

We have noticed via an internal investigation that this is actually another local Estate Agency using this website to create false comments about their competition. A full report of which agent supplied these allegations can be found via the website compliance section.
  29. 2

A 2-star review by 'McConnell' 21/5/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

I found both the Godalming and Haslemere Branches to be pushy and unscrupulous in their financial advise and sales technique. VERY pushy! I have asked them several times to remove my details from their database to no avail. They still cold call me about once a month. I once looked round property in Haslemere and am no longer interested in that area, which I have made clear on more than one occaision, but this does net deter the Haslemere branch!
    I had my house valued by the Godalming branch, to whom I have mentioned my dislike for their pushy sales techniques.They fair slightly better, but still cold call every couple of months, despite my persistant requests to have my details removed.
    Financial advice was based on how much they can 'squeeze' out of a lender, rather than my ability to repay, not adequate at all, in my opinion.
    All smacks a bit of desperation. AVOID!!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“LEAVE ME ALONE, I\'M NOT SELLING MY HOUSE!!!!”

30. 5

A 1-star review by 'EF23' 3/5/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

In February of this year I received a marketing flyer advising that Mann Countywide had several people looking for property in my area and that property to sell was required urgently. As I was looking to sell my property at this time I called and spoke with an estate agent named Mike Stewart who confirmed there were 9 people on their books looking for a property on my estate. I therefore booked an appointment to meet with Mike on 4th February 2012.

My appointment went ahead as planned and Mike gave me a generous valuation on my property and said he had 5 people waiting to view it... (read more)

31. 6

A 1-star review by 'Will' 24/4/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

I've just had a call from the rudest Estate Agent I've ever dealt with, Tim Mcarthy based in Rochester.

I'm a buy to let investor keen on building my portfolio in Kent and as such have spoken to many Estate Agencies, none of which have got my address. Tim laughed at me when I asked politely if I could refrain from supplying an address and went on to say he wouldn't organise any viewings unless I gave it to him. There was a few minute stand off when Tim said finally Manns wouldn't do business with me. As far as I'm concerned all the Estate Agent needs is an ability to contact me, and unless he's planning on dropping round to my house, he doesn't need my home address. I have dealt with many Estate Agents either when buying, selling or renting properties out and I have never had the misfortune of dealing with one so unprofessional and unpleasant. I have dealt with Manns EAs before and have had good experiences. I hope Tim isn't a refection of the business's morals as they move into the future.

32. View All Comments (1)by Jhh85  25/04/2012

Will, My advice is that you look over the story of Suzy Lamplugh. I would never take anyone out viewing unless i have a full address. This is standard secruity. Jack
  33. 5

A 2-star review by 'Sunny' 3/4/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

Hidden admin charges, charged £600 for reference, agreement & inventory check for unfurnished property. Please avoid Mann for renting, due to there charges.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Be realistic in charges”

34. View All Comments (1)by jwed  18/07/2012

I'm sorry you feel this way, we do all we can to keep our customers happy. The landlord wanted an Inventory to be done, so unfourtunatley there was a check in cost that had to be added. This is an external cost to us.
  35. 2

A 1-star review by 'becky' 18/2/2012

105 South End
    Hayley danielle
    Would you use the agent again? No

i used country wide to find a property as i was living with my parents with a baby, i was suppose to move in to a house but the landlord pulled out last minute so i was in a situation to move back in to my mums. they showed me a propertie in south croydon and i took it because i was desperate, my life has seem to go down hill from there i could never get in or out of my front door with a buggy as the neighbors block me in and never answer the door . I also has strainge men in my garden over night and being on my own i was very frightend, it took the property management team 3 months to have... (read more)

36. 9

A 1-star review by 'unhappycustomer' 9/2/2012

Andrea King
    Would you use the agent again? No

MANN COUNTRYWIDE TRIED TO CHARGE US £600 IN AGENCY FEES TO LET A PROPERTY!
    THEN CLAIMED THEY SHOULD BE CHARGING US £800!
    DO NOT PAY THEIR EXTORTIONATE FEES, LOOK ELSEWHERE!

They were demanding: £150 tenancy agreement, £60 per person admin fee, £75 per person reference check, £170 inventory fee (despite the flat being unfurnished) = TOTAL £590 IN FEES! When we complained they were rude and lied saying they were cheaper than all other agents (yet in reality another agency was advertising the same property with fees of only £225!), and said we had to pay at least £500 fees or... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  37. View All Comments (3)by Andrea  22/03/2012

Absolute rubbish! tried to play us off against another agent and the landlord refused to accpet them as tenants. A copy of our comlaints procdure has been sent to these anonymous applicants, who we know as we never get complaints! but rather than follow our procdure they have sent abusive insults and spread lies. Fortunately we have documented evidence to back up everything they have said and done and wish them both luck for the future.
  38. 4

A 1-star review by 'esubbs' 12/1/2012

105 South End
    Would you use the agent again? No

All was fine when we first rented the property, however come to end the tenancy and that is where the problems begin. They had never provided us with the prescribed information, leaving our landlord in the position of potentially being sued and it took five phone calls, two weeks and many many lies (we don't have to provide it etc. etc.) before we got any details and they were still incomplete (we had to contact the DPS for the rest). We ended our tenancy on the 18th, our landlord gave written permission to them on the 20th and they then made excuse after excuse after excuse as to why they... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“The agent could have been honest with me. I apreciate there may be the odd problem from time to time and gave them more then enough chances to rectify any mistakes that were made. However, continual lies, bad attitude and a flagrant disregard for the laws governing their operation mean that I would never ever trust them again with anything, especially not something so important as my home.”

39. A 4-star review by 'Cathleen' 12/12/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used Mann Countrywide to locate and rent out a property in the lewisham area. My agent was Sharon who was very helpful throughout the entire process. I would recomend anyone looking for a rental to use Mann, they were kind and informative throughout the whole process

40. A 5-star review by 'Harrison Jones' 30/11/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

While i was a student of Surrey University i used MANN Countrywide who helped me look for a property that was best suited for myself and 3friends. They found us a property within walking distance to the university at a very reasonable price. The Lettings team in the Guildford branch were very helpful in my property search available to help me with any questions that i had. I will defo be using them again

41. A 5-star review by 'Joyce' 27/11/2011

Andrea King, Emma
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Superb service, me and 3 friends recently rented a house via the Mann lettings team in Guildford, the staff were really lovely to us from the first viewing right up to the move in day, they even took us to the property for a check in and ran through how the heating and hot water worked. Nothing has ever been too much trouble, Ive rented before through other Guildford agents but have nver had such good service before, Andrea, Emma, Alex and Chris were all fantastic, a big thanks to you all xxx

42. A 5-star review by 'James Coleburn' 27/11/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mann lettings looked after the letting of my apartment, they found me a tenant within 3 days.during which time I found them to be a professional exceptionally well managed team, who gave me a service far superior to that previously provided by other Guildford agents. I strongly recommend this lettings team and in particular the lovely manager Andrea

43. 6

A 1-star review by 'Rebecca' 30/9/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I had a very bad experience with Mann Countrywide. I found a property to purchase through them and from the outset thought that the style adopted by the agents showing us round and eventually dealing with our offer was agressive and purely motivated by self interest. They failed to keep us informed of anything (at one point I had to actually go into the office and sit there and wait to speak to someone for them to actually let us know what was happening as they never returned calls) and they tended to get most things wrong. They also push their conveyancing service. As a practising lawyer I... (read more)

44. A 3-star review by 'BobG' 21/3/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I was given a buyer with a track record of not completing sales. I was told by the manager that the buyer would complete given time, 11 months later he has not. The manager said that the best way was to put the price within a range and this would get a mid range offer. All offers after that were below the bottom of the price range. 3 reasons not to use Manns!

I wrote to the manager by email a week ago and to date have not had a reply. Par for the service I think.

45. 2

A 1-star review by 'Iamyourman' 8/3/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

We were interested in buying a house that was on the market with Mann, yet had to put ours on sale. Mann forcefully tried to convince us to put our own house on sale with them. They stated clearly that they would make things very difficult for us if we used another agency. As a result, we decided to pull out and the seller lost a prospective buyer. I would not want to sell my house with Mann Ashford Kent, as they seem only good at one thing: scaring buyers away!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  46. View All Comments (2)by Kelz1989  16/02/2012

when i read this is was thinking to my self ooh ashford branch sounds the same. we was very keen to purchase a house which was on the market with Mann. we was not kept informed of what was happening, ki made an offer which i was led to believe the offer had been forwarded on however the vendor wanted reassureance regarding a mortgage on our half, so we went into the branch and was bassically BULLIED and told because we wouldnt use their mortgage services things would be very difficult. We then found out our offer wasnt passed on untill gone 24HRS later! needless to say i was NOT going to be bullied and spend our hard earnt money with a bunch of bullies no matter how much we loved the house. Mann countrywide cost this vendor 2 buyers in one day! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!
  47. 7

A 1-star review by 'Househunter1' 19/2/2011

43 High Street
    Would you use the agent again? No

Incompetent Staff and dishonest. Very disappointed in their lack of service.

48. View All Comments (1)by fairycakes  30/08/2011

totally agree... rented house through them and first off they had lost the key when i went to sign the tenacy agreement, then noticed they had charged me for inventory fee which they had not carried out... only £72 but it is like getting blood from a stone... and the Manager at Canterbury is never available.. now trying the Area Manager to see if he can do something... total rubbish service!
  49. A 4-star review by 'eddie 78' 19/1/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Used the branch a second time and have been fast and polite in finding me a tenant. Got the full price as well and recommend me not take the first offer as they weren't convinced with quality.

50. A 5-star review by 'Bill' 17/1/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I sold two properties through them. They were efficient, positive and achieved good prices. Thank you.

51. 3

A 1-star review by 'rose' 12/1/2011

294 Woodham Lane
    Would you use the agent again? No

I recently brought a property through Mann Countrywide from the Dartford, Kent branch. When showing the property, the negotiator was very polite. However, as first time buyers when we asked questions the negotiator did not know the answer too. Her response was, she'll call us back regarding the queries. This was left and forgotten. Brought a reprocessed property through them and completed. When visiting the property we realised we was not given keys for the window also as it is reprocessed the agent turned off the electricity, water and gas for safety reasons (which is understandable). Called... (read more)

52. 1

A 2-star review by 'kingadder' 1/1/2011

32 High Street Knaphill

Not a good experience.
    3 viewings arranged and two no shows by them, crap brochure for a good property, one staff that sent threatening emails to exchange before searches complete.
    One helpful lady staff, but not much more to recommend. A shop window area full of empty adverts and properties put up twice is enough for me to not use them.

53. A 5-star review by 'hannahp' 18/12/2010

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very proactive staff who went out of their way to help me, Mark and Sam obviously have bundles of energy and seem really passionate about their job, thanks for all your help guys I really appreciated it. I will reccomend you to friends and family who want to rent.

54. 2

A 1-star review by 'MsShopper' 27/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

A big NO! Tried to buy a property from this agency - they've just wasted my time. Looks like this agency is trying to sell you the property and their mortgage too. If you already have your mortgage arranged, don't even bother contacting them - they will find 1 million reasons to say NO to you.
    The service was very poor too. Looks like those people don't know how to treat customer in a professional way.

My advice: stay away from this place!

55. 1

A 2-star review by 'Paul' 2/9/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

I had my house on the market with a rival estate agent that did a hugely discounted fee (50%) off, but my house was not selling, so I called in MANN, they said that my house was under priced and they could sell it easily, so I reluctantly agreed to the

56. 1

A 1-star review by 'Logan5' 1/9/2010

49 Old Woking Road
    Would you use the agent again? No

Nice helpful lady Manager called Williams.Thats where it ended. Crap brochure and service from the rest. What the lady manager was doing working there I do not know!

57. A 5-star review by 'Iris' 21/8/2010

17 Salisbury Road
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Seven weeks from start to finish, well done all the team at Totton branch. I am so impressed, I am now using them to sell my property in Devon.

58. A 5-star review by 'ljh' 9/5/2010

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was selling my Mother's house, initially to pay for a care home but sadly she passed away before the house was sold and it became an executors sale. I chose Mann Countrywide as Chris, the manager, had excellent knowledge of the area and proposed marketing the house on an 'offers in excess of

59. A 2-star review by 'monkey' 2/3/2010

9 Grand Parade High Street
    Would you use the agent again? No

User 'monkey' rated Mann Countrywide but did not write a review.

60. 2

A 1-star review by 'MUG' 22/2/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

They kept me waiting nine months, telling excuses after excuses, trying to sell my flat only to find out that the people buying our flat never had a mortgage in the first place and that they were black listed and then to find out that our same branch were advertising their repossed proprety. We had to pay

61. A 2-star review by 'ELG' 3/2/2010

Would you use the agent again? No

User 'ELG' rated Mann Countrywide but did not write a review.

62. A 5-star review by 'dingdongmerrilyonhigh' 9/5/2009

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I sold through Mann Countywide and I have found them extremely competent and helpful throughout the entire process. I thought I would write them up a good review as they were getting an awful lot of bad ones on here. Remember, people are only really likely to write a review if they have a bad experience; very much like those "How's My Driving" stickers - people rarely, if ever, ring them to compliment the driver, but only to complain. Moral of the story - Don't assume a few bad experiences in some offices is representational of the entire company.

63. A 5-star review by 'Pink Sue' 11/4/2009

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just seen some comments regarding them and wanted to support the team that sold my home in Bognor Regis. Everybody there got to know me personally and they all cared about me and my situation. I would tell any of my friends to go to them in the future.

64. A 2-star review by 'Chaz86' 1/4/2009

Would you use the agent again? No

Found a house through Mann & co and thought it would be good to use them to sell our flat. They are over priced, particulars were awful so I we haven't even sent them back - they haven't even chased for them. We have had viewings but we have to call and ask for feedback. The feedback is always the same story about someone having too many clothes for the bedroom. The final straw today was when I was asked to show someone round - they were surprised when I said no because I have a job. Can't wait for the contract to be up so I can use a decent estate agent!

65. View All Comments (1)by Dano  22/01/2011

I had the same problems with the Waterlooville branch. I used their superior service which was a complete waste of time, only had 4 viewings through them in 12 weeks with no feedback and also 3 of them were time wasters! Very rude staff and even asked me to show people round to which I refused so the viewers turned up and I had to show them round myself because the agent didn't turn up! Do not use this estate agents. Mann Countrywide you should be shut down!!! Lets hope the recession does this!
  66. 1

A 1-star review by 'Sally Cole' 13/11/2008

Would you use the agent again? No

An office full of wannabe estate agent ametuers shouldn't be aloud to have the responsability for somebody's home. Arn't there exams that you should pass before you are allowed to deal with the most valuable object (most of us) ever buy?

67. View All Comments (1)by whenharryslappedsally  20/07/2011

surely the most valuable thing you buy are bangkok chick boys
  68. 1

A 1-star review by 'c.slade' 11/11/2008

Would you use the agent again? No

We are still in contract to sell, but are wishing we had never bothered. Full of hot air, messed up viewings, no feedback, promises to ring back, but do not, still haven't got correct details yet. Horrendous charges, they are definitely not worth the hassle.

69. 1

A 1-star review by 'Karl Lewis' 19/9/2008

Would you use the agent again? No

Chose Mann because of the 3 agents that we had shortlisted she seemed the most clued up. I had reservations that she was very good at saying the right things but in way that made me think she was experienced in knowing what to say - or what the cliente wanted to hear.

The first viewer was shown around by myself as they were too busy in the office. It turned out that he had a motorcycle business and was lead to believe that there was side access to the back garden. Whilst there is side access I would not even dream of trying to squeeze my motorbike through this impossible gap. When I spoke... (read more)

70. 1

A 1-star review by 'MisterKatz' 3/9/2008

Would you use the agent again? No

When I was last looking for a new home, Mann Countrywide sent me some details for properties. When I said to them that I wasn't interested in one of the properties because it didn't look very nice from the outside, the response from the agent was "well, you won't be living on the outside".

Needless to say, I wouldn't give them the time of day now.

71. 1

A 5-star review by 'cheesecake' 15/1/2008

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I chose Mann Countrywide to sell my property above another agent as they were so friendly and professional. They came with a list of people looking to buy the kind of property I was selling in that price bracket some of whom already had mortgages in principal. They also said how many people had hit on rightmove that week looking at properties in that price bracket. They were not the cheapest but they did the job. My property went on the market on the Saturday and by the Monday I had a full asking price offer. Some of this may have been luck but the rest of the sale went smoothly, it was the solicitors that caused a bit of anxiety at the end but it all went smoothly. This was in Kent.

72. A 5-star review by 'jan' 23/10/2007

17 Salisbury Road
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After using Palmer Snell for letting and selling (they were next to useless) Mann Countrywide have been great keeping us informed emailing us and phoning us even though we are in Australia. Very freindly staff at their Adastral Road, Poole branch.

73. A 2-star review by 'cattie' 21/5/2007

Would you use the agent again? No

How do these people manage to stay in business?

It's not a company I've ever liked to deal with, mainly because of their aggressive selling techniques concerning mortgages & insurance, plus trying to get you to view houses you're not really interested in.

But having sold my house & needing to register with all ea's in the area in my search for a new home I decided I'd have to include them. I called into the local branch this morning & was told by the only person in the office that I couldn't register as there was nobody there right now who could do this for me I don't know what she got... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  74. View All Comments (2)by Bob Wilson  28/06/2008

WHY?? It's unfortunate when other estate agent's feel they have to make up comments like these - the general public tend not to use specific agency terms of "ea's" meaning estate agents and "registration forms" when making their voice heard. Sad state of affairs when it resorts to this kind of pettiness. Bob Wilson
  75. 1

A 2-star review by 'danielbarker' 5/1/2006

Would you use the agent again? No

We went with Mann & Co as we found a house we really liked through them. We thought they may work harder if we went through them, and oh so wrong were we. Firstly it took 8 days for them to write up the particulars for the house, and they failed to take any internal photos. I didn't mind paying a high commission as long as it was money worth spent. They do not have their own web site and in addition they only advertise on rightmove.com. It took 4 weeks for the house to get in the paper and in addition they only advertised in the local paper every two weeks despite a commission charge of

Page: