Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Mann Countrywide

Agent rating: 3.2 out of 5.0 based on 183 ratings. This website contains 181 user reviews of Mann Countrywide.

Offices / Branches

• 101 recommend
  • 82 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Countrywide plc is the most successful estate agency and financial services group in the UK. Our company embraces the largest firm of estate agents, valuers, letting agents and conveyancers in the country.

Mann Countrywide has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Mann Countrywide, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page of 7)

Page last updated on: 21-Nov-2014 07:48:35

1. A 5-star review by 'Laura Rance' 20/11/2014

Natalie Walker
    Tn16

Natalie Walker

Natalie has always gone above and beyond to help me find a property. And was also generally concerned for mine and my children's welfare when I was worried about finding my self homeless. In the year and a half I have used Mann and countrywide she has always sorted any problems I have had promptly and making sure I was kept up to date with any progress made. Thank you Natalie.

2. A 5-star review by 'ibrahim' 19/11/2014

Timothy Knight, Sarah Walker
    da9

Timothy KnightSarah Walker

In the beginning it was Tim who showed me the property and made me priority because i was registered with the company, he showed concern has i told him how important and urgent i need to move home, then comes Sarah, they practically call me everyday through my referencing even when i needed guarantor for my application. They worked as team... keep it up guy and many thanks

3. A 5-star review by 'Mr and Mrs Webb' 13/11/2014

Andrea Clarke
    Tw16

Andrea Clarke

We were looking for a property for a few months, we couldn't find our 'match'. Every agent I spoke to just added me to a database and really didn't take the time out to understand who we are as a couple and whats right for us. From the first conversation I had with Andrea she started to understand not only what our requirements were but she got to know us as a couple. When the ideal place came up Andrea gave us a call personally and after one look we agreed that this was going to be our new home. I think a lesson to be learnt from Andrea, to all other agents is get to know your customers really well and try not to treat them as just another number. She is really down to earth and is extremely passionate about what she does, another characteristic we loved about Andrea is her knowledge of the rental market. She is really good at what she does, a big than you once again..

View All Comments (1)by Lauren  15/11/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we are so pleased that we were able to help you find the ideal property. We hope the move in next Saturday goes well and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything in the meantime.
  4. A 5-star review by 'Peter Newman' 12/11/2014

Andrea Clarke, Natalie Walker
    BR2
    £1030

Andrea ClarkeNatalie Walker

I tried the Bromley Mann Lettings Office earlier this year after becoming frustrated with the level of service of 2 other agents I had previously used. I dealt with Andrea initially and she really was a breath of fresh air. She understood my situation and requirements as a Landlord of a medium sized portfolio, and was immediately proactive in doing everything possible to find me a tenant for my property. Natalie often carried out the viewings and both of them were excellent at keeping me up to date and providing feedback. Not surprisingly with such service, it was not long before a tenant was found. They were also very helpful moving the tenant in and Natalie especially went beyond the call of duty in helping arranging the move-in as I live some distance from the property. I will of course be using the Bromley Mann team in the future and I cannot recommend them highly enough as Letting agents.

View All Comments (1)by Lauren  15/11/2014

Thank you for your review Peter, we appreciate the feedback. We are glad you feel we were able to quickly find you a tenant and are looking forward to working with you again soon!
  5. A 5-star review by 'MPHancock' 11/11/2014

£1265

Rhys Carpin

I have had the pleasure of knowing Rhys at Mann Countrywide for a number of years.
    Rhys has always been very attentive to any of our needs, been available to be helpful; being very approachable and a pleasure to speak with. Rhys has escalated where issues have become apparent and dealt with them in an efficient and timely manner, which is very much appreciated where we may have reached a 'brick wall' through other channels.
    He has obviously been in the industry for some time and his experience is an asset to his very professional bearing and to the firm where he is a Manager. Rhys pays particular attention to detail and offers a human touch of great interpersonal skills. I have no hesitation in recommending anyone to deal with him.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THERE IS AN ANNUAL \'ADMIN\' FEE EACH YEAR TO REDRAW THE EXISTING CONTRACT, WHICH I AM NOT CONVINCED IS NECESSARY. IT IS NOT, HOWEVER, ASTRONOMICAL. SO NO PROBLEM.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Cesar Paulo' 11/11/2014

Rebecca Courtman, Chloe
    £1150

Rebecca CourtmanChloe

Rebecca, Chloe and James, they were great.
    They helped me and my girlfriend to get the house that we wanted.
    They were always contactable.
    They helped us with all the paperwork.
    Thank you so much guys.

View All Comments (1)by Becky  15/11/2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback Mr Paulo. All the team at the beckenham branch wish you all the best in your new home!
  7. A 5-star review by 'Bhavesh' 11/11/2014

SE28
    £1050

Ryan Allan-Telford

Ryan is a star! I could not have asked for more comfortable check in to the new leased flat, specially when moving in from abroad. Ryan was helpful from the time I contacted him from abroad to discuss the property options to lease. He was available at the flat at 10pm to receive me and handover the keys. He has been just a call away even during the term of the tenancy. I appreciate all his help and wish him all the best.

8. A 5-star review by 'Alex' 11/11/2014

Rhys Carpin, Ryan Allan-Telford
    Se18

Rhys CarpinRyan Allan-Telford

It is always hard searching for a property to rent that you can call home. Me and my partner are quite fussy and we can be a pain when it comes to detail. Rhys, however, made this process easy. He listened to our requirements and made sure every property which he took us too had everything we wanted. And now we are in our home and love it and it's all thanks to Rhys and Ryan. They are both very professional and made us both feel comfortable when on viewings and on the phone. I will be telling all my family and friends how good they are so they can use them. 5 star service!

9. A 5-star review by 'James Watts' 11/11/2014

se18

Rhys Carpin

Rhys at Mann Countrywide (Woolwich) is awesome. He keeps me bang up to date with all things related to my property, and is always there at the end of the phone to answer any question - regardless of how basic it is.

The service he provides takes any potential stress out of being a landlord and can't speak highly enough of him. Big up to Rhys!

10. A 5-star review by 'Matt Rock' 11/11/2014

Rhys Carpin, Matt Rock
    SE28

Rhys CarpinMatt Rock

I found Rhys to be extremely knowledgable about the property market and he helped me through the process of obtaining a new tenant for my property - quickly. I would recommend him to my friends and colleagues if they ever need to find a tenant or a good property to rent.
    Regards
    Matt.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE HIGH RENT WE HAVE ACHIEVED BALANCED WELL WITH THE RENTAL FEES CHARGED.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Josh McCarthy' 11/11/2014

Ryan Allan-Telford

The service provided by Mann Countrywide and Ryan especially was to a very high standard. Ryan went out of his way on numerous occasions to assist me in finding the right property for me. Would definitely recommend Mann Countrywide and Ryan to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REALLY HAPPY WITH THE PRICE WHICH WAS AGREED.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Alex Loucas' 11/11/2014

SE16

Ryan Allan-Telford

I am a landlady who is looking to invest in the area and I came in to the office last week to run through figures etc, Ryan Allan Telford helped me to this and was very clear and helpful in what the company could offer me, I went into another estate agents before this and unlike Ryan they didn't treat me in a professional manor at all. Ryan made me a coffee and opened the door when I left and was a very polite young man, I feel because of the polite service given to me I will definitely be using Mann Countrywide when I'm ready to rent my properties.

3. A 5-star review by 'LM' 11/11/2014

Gary Steadman, Timothy Knight
    DA15

Gary SteadmanTimothy Knight

I am extremeley impressed with the professionalism that Gary Steadman, Timothy Knight & Sarah Walker have provided when helping me with letting my property. They have kept me up to date with progress and always come back to me in a timely manner. Excellent customer service! Highly recommend!

4. A 4-star review by 'Ms JC' 11/11/2014

Sarah Walker, Timothy Knight

Sarah WalkerTimothy Knight

Sarah was very helpful and understanding when I had an issue on moving day. I cant fault the service I received from her and Tim.

5. A 4-star review by 'Helen F' 11/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

We are tenants as well as Landlords and use Mann & Co for both, I can't fault the quality of tenants they have selected for our rental property and they are always very efficient with the administration of that.
    they only complaint would be they need to be more upfront and transparent with their explanation of fees as it all got very confusing and expensive as i felt they didn't explain this well enough at the start.

They were excellent with our rented property that we have been living in for over 2 years, we were really happy with the property and it went pretty smoothly. the only... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“SEE ABOVE, I BELIEVE THEIR FEES ARE HIGHER THAN OTHER HIGH STREET AGENTS, THEY NEED TO BE MORE TRANSPARENT IN EXPLAINING THEM TO CLIENTS FROM THE START.”

6. A 4-star review by 'Roger Prunonosa' 10/11/2014

Haydar Shubbar, Oscar Berriman-Branagan
    SE12

Haydar ShubbarOscar Berriman-Branagan

Haydar allowed us to take the time we needed to have a look at the property regardless it was on the evening and we do understand it was, perhaps, outside of his working hours.
    It would have been much better score if we would had been notified that the property didn't have a fridge before signing the holding document. However, once we asked for it, Haydar took an action quickly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT\'S THE FIRST TIME THAT WE HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR THE ACTUAL TENANCY AGREEMENT. ALL THE LANDLORDS THAT WE HAD BEFORE ALWAYS PAID THIS DOCUMENT. AND WE ONLY PAID FOR ADMINISTRATION FEES AND REFERENCE CHECKS.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Amy M' 10/11/2014

Ryan Allan-Telford

Ryan has been very helpful every step of the way. The process of renting was quick and easy and I would recommend Ryan to any prospective tenants.

8. A 5-star review by 'Jon' 10/11/2014

DA9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Mann Countrywide Swanley Branch offered a great deal of support, time and effort to get my property up and running and ready for a new tenant. All the necessary legislation and repair works were carried out by Timothy Knight and were dealt with promptly and efficiently with minimal fuss. I would highly recommend Mann Countrywide Swanley Branch to any prospective landlords.

9. A 5-star review by 'Pat' 9/11/2014

Se26
    £136000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I bought my flat with Mann in the 2006 and when the time came to sell it, I couldn't think of a better agent to help me. They did not disappoint.

The sale of my flat took longer than I had anticipated and throughout the sometimes frustrating sale process, Hazel, Lee and Matt got through me the worst.

I appreciated the constructive feedback on presenting the flat for viewings etc and appreciated even more their wise words every time the sale took a stumble. They were professional, knowledgeable and always took into account my perspective.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FELT THAT THE ENTIRE TEAM WO LED TIRELESSLY FOR ME AND MORE THAN EARNED THE FEES”

10. A 5-star review by 'sjl220' 9/11/2014

Doug Treleven, Hazel Henwood
    se19

Doug TrelevenHazel Henwood

I found the level of service from Doug at Mann Sydenham excellent . From the first phone call to the viewing and the offer stage Doug has kept me informed and guided me through the letting process with real care. As a new renter I have visited many local agents but I have not been impressed. Exceptional!

1. A 5-star review by 'Tamque' 7/11/2014

£975
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Myself and my sister rented through this estate agent and from the get go service was to a high standard. All queries no matter how small or big were dealt with efficiently. Emails are answered very quickly. So far so good with our communication with the team. Sarah and Tim have both been dealing with our agreement- great customer service skills.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE OVERALL TOTAL IS A BIT STEAP IN COMPARISON TO OTHER AGENTS.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Bolaji' 7/11/2014

SE9
    £650

Ryan Allan-Telford

Ryan listens a lot and is very polite. He calls always to check if I am satisfied with my flat or experiencing any difficulties. He acts fast when called upon and is very friendly and easy to talk to.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT IS VERY SATISFACTORY”

3. A 4-star review by 'Ivie Eweka' 7/11/2014

Mickelle Thomas, Anton Harvey
    CR2
    £1

Mickelle ThomasAnton Harvey

The two young men I had direct experience with were very efficient.
    They are very professional and friendly throughout .
    But the only thing I was concerned about is that the Agent fee is a bit too much for some one renting
    a flat.
    Any way the service was good.
    And a big thank you to Mickelle Thomas and Anton.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT FEES IS HIGH FOR SOMEONE RENTING A FLAT.”

4. A 5-star review by 'John Stewart' 7/11/2014

Holiday rental
    Gary Steadman, Sarah Walker
    £975

Gary SteadmanSarah Walker

I had excellent service from Gary, Sarah and Tim. The letting of the flat was not straightforward but I was kept informed throughout. It was impressive that despite the difficulties the flat was occupied only four weeks after I had bought it with, what seem to be high quality tenants. Well done to all concerned. Highly recommended.
    John Stewart

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THOUGHT THAT A LOT OF WORK WAS DONE, SO JUSTIFYING THE FEES.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Mr Taylor' 7/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using Mann Countrywide in Swanley to let my properties for more than five years. I have always found them to be friendly ,professional and efficient.I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any landlord with properties to let in the Swanley area.

6. A 5-star review by 'malcolm' 6/11/2014

Scott Matthews, James Smith
    br3

Scott MatthewsJames Smith

They were very flexible in arranging viewing of my property for times that I could manage. They were very informed about the area and gave me all the information about letting procedure. I was very impressed by their friendliness and professional manner. Great doing business with them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GOOD FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVED”

7. A 5-star review by 'Don' 4/11/2014

BR2
    £1750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They offer great letting service and customer care. I am impressed by their hard work in talking to potential tenants and showing them the property. Their service is fair and efficient. As a reputable agency, they do stand out as a customer centric business.

View All Comments (1)by Lauren  15/11/2014

Thank you for your review, customer care is key to our business and we are pleased that this was reflected through our services to you.
  8. A 5-star review by 'bogdan' 4/11/2014

Anton Harvey, Mickelle Thomas
    cr0
    £1050

Anton HarveyMickelle Thomas

the agency explained very accured the terms and conditions,
    they made our move happened very fast
    they responded in time to our enquiries
    very professional behaviour

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE NOT TO MUCH,IS WAS ALL RIGHT”

9. A 4-star review by 'MB' 3/11/2014

Se28

Ryan Allan-Telford

I am very pleased with the service I have received from Mann Countrywide. I have been using them for 4 years and they offer a friendly and efficient service and have always found me good tenants. I have always found Ryan to be friendly and responds to any queries quickly. I would definitely recommend Ryan.

10. A 5-star review by 'Dariusz Spiewak' 3/11/2014

Mickelle Thomas, Anton Harvey
    CR0

Mickelle ThomasAnton Harvey

Mickelle was every helpful at each and every step I had to go through to get the tenancy agreement. He's a polite and good-mannered individual. As is his colleague Anton. Anton was kind enough to go back to the property with me on the day of my moving-in and witness all the issues (not many, though) that I reported (he didn't have to but offered help in this respect). All in all, a very seamless and to-the-point experience.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL, IF ONE SERIOUSLY WANTS TO RENT A FLAT AND ONE HAS TO PAY 400 POUNDS (NON-REFUNDABLE) JUST TO SHOW \"GOOD WILL\", THEN ONE CERTAINLY CANNOT BE HAPPY ABOUT IT. WHY WOULD JUST, SAY, 100 NOT BE ENOUGH? IT\'S A LOT OF MONEY FOR MANY PEOPLE, EVEN THOSE THAT EARN RELATIVELY GOOD MONEY. PAIR THIS WITH THE FACT THAT I HAD TO PAY 2300+ POUNDS UP-FRONT AND YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY FEEL THE PAIN AS WELL...”

1. A 5-star review by 'Elaine WILKINS' 3/11/2014

James Smith, Chloe
    br36
    £2000

James SmithChloe

I would want to say that it has been a good experience with Mann Lettings, the Beckenham Branch. As this was the first time I had rented a property I found Chloe very helpful as she guided me through the process. I have always found the staff in the office very polite and have had very positive help when needed. There has always been a very warm welcome from James when I have popped into the branch on occasions . I would recommend Mann & Co., as I have no complaints whatsoever.

2. A 5-star review by 'S and B' 1/11/2014

Anton Harvey, Mickelle Thomas
    CR0

Anton HarveyMickelle Thomas

We went to the South Croydon branch, after advertising our property with another local agent who turned out to be ineffective, and constantly needed to be chased for appointments and feedback (or rather lack of it).

We were met by Anton, the lettings manager, who was very surprised at the predicament we were in. He was very assuring and more than happy to help us. His first words as soon as we walked through the door was 'hi are you looking to rent a property', we said 'no but we had a property to rent', his response after that was 'well that's even better' which immediately reassured us.... (read more)

3. A 5-star review by 'Ms A Clarke' 28/10/2014

Daniel Sarpong, Hazel Henwood

Daniel SarpongHazel Henwood

My dealings with the team at Sydenham is always a pleasure. Daniel is polite and courteous and the administrator Hazel is very efficient. I have used this agent for finding the best calibre tenants for a few years now and I would never change.

View All Comments (1)by Hazel Henwoood  07/11/2014

Thank you for your review Anne, we always enjoy letting your properties and look forward to continuing for many more years.
  4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Ade' 23/10/2014

£925

Dharminder Sahota Sahota

Dharminder was very approachable, he took his time in showing the property and answering all my questions and concerns. And kept me informed all steps of the way

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FIRST THING I NOTICED ABOUT THE ESTATE AGENT IS THAT HE WAS PRESENTABLE AND VERY APPROACHABLE, HE TOOK HIS TIME IN SHOWING THE PROPERTY AND ANSWERING ALL MY QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE WAY EVERYTHING WAS HANDLED AND THE FACT THAT I WAS KEPT IN THE LOOP EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I WOULD RECOMENT MANN ESTATE AGENTS ON THE SIDCUP HIGH STREET TO ANY ONE WHO REQUIRES AN ESTATE AGENT. THANK YOU TEAM FOR ALL YOUR HELP”

5. A 5-star review by 'Kayhan' 23/10/2014

Da16

Dharminder Sahota Sahota

The agents provided a excellent service. They were very professional and helpful. Everything was clearly explained to me as renting my house out was all new to me. I was put into the right direction with sorting out everything to make sure I could rent my property out.
    All my questions and concerns were answered straight away.
    When needing to be contacted by the agents they were quick and efficient.
    I was continuously updated on the progress of my property being rented out.
    Viewings were all taken into my consideration which was good.
    Overall I was very happy with my dealings with the company due to the agents good work.
    I recommend these agents to friends and family.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DO THINK I PAID A LOT OF MONEY IN REGARDS TO THE FEES. AT THE END OF THE DAY THE TENANTS THEY PROVIDED ME WITH SEEM LIKE THEY WISH TO STAY FOR A LONG TIME WHICH WILL BENEFIT ME IN THE LONG RUN.”

View All Comments (1)by David  25/10/2014

Glad we could be of assistance and hopefully made the whole rental process as stress free as possible. Thank you for the above comments and the offer of recommendation, truly appreciated.
  6. A 5-star review by 'The Gibsons' 20/10/2014

Doug Treleven, Hazel Henwood
    SE23

Doug TrelevenHazel Henwood

I can't say enough nice things about the staff of Mann Countrywide Lettings. Doug our estate agent, was diligent and trustworthy. He was intrumental in getting us into our new flat for the right price and for exactly what we wanted. After the relatively short wait to see if the landlord accepted our application (again I'm sure Doug was instrumental in his acceptance) we had to deal with Hazel who managed our references, scheduling of signature and the key exchange. She was as great to work with as Doug. Friendly and helpful with the due dilligence process. I would highly recommend them to any of my colleagues looking to move.

View All Comments (1)by The Lettings Manager  08/11/2014

Thank you for the very nice review, Doug & Hazel appreciated your comments and hope you have settled into your new home.
  7. A 1-star review by 'David' 17/10/2014

CT1
    £420000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Our experience of the estate agency part of the business was actually fine - they were responsive and helpful. Unfortunately, they tried to push their mortgage advisor on to us, ostensibly to 'approve' us as buyers - to establish that we had the funds - with the implication that offers wouldn't be taken seriously unless we agreed to this process. But of course the real reason is so that they can try to sell mortgage products. The mortgage advisor, Damon, was unpleasant and hostile when this policy was questioned.
    Please, buyers, do resist, and don't allow this kind of practice to continue - remember too that it's not in your interest for anyone in the estate agency to know how much you can afford to spend - so do not use in-house mortgage advisors! You are well within your rights to refuse.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Do not insist that buyers speak to the mortgage advisor. Do not use buyer vetting procedures.”

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'AM' 13/10/2014

Andrea Clarke, Natalie Walker

Andrea ClarkeNatalie Walker

I have been using Mann for years to let my property and Andrea, Natalie and their management team have always provided me with a good service. Communication is very speedy, they always respond quickly to any questions / issues. When my last tenancy agreement ended they found me a new tenant within a week. I find quotes competitive and maintenance issues (if any) resolved fast. I am very happy with them and will continue to use them.

View All Comments (1)by Lauren  15/11/2014

Thank you for your review of our team. In such a competitive industry we understand the importance of good communication with both landlords and tenants and are grateful that you have felt we have been efficient in this. We look forward to continuing working with you.
  9. A 5-star review by 'Colin' 7/10/2014

DA2
    £675

Sarah Walker

Sarah arranged everything for me, all the paperwork side as well. All I needed to do was pop in and sign them. Sarah also kept me informed of the progress stage by stage and explained every step.

10. A 4-star review by 'john crotty' 7/10/2014

br78
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was very happy with the service I received from the two people I have entered in this from.as this is my first time doing any thing like this ,they made it all very easy for me and helped me make sense of it all.

“I”

1. 3

A 1-star review by 'George' 6/10/2014

Branch:
    10 Windmill Street (Gravesend) (Kent)
    DA12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agency re-let out the property to a new tenant on 04/09/2014 during my tenancy period when the property kept empty, without notice to me, without apology. The agency infringed my rights, treated me unfairly, ignored my statements and bullied me in a way that results in my financial losses of pro rata rental payment and full deposits no return with amount of £2,628.33 and suffering avoidable aggravation, distress and inconvenience. The case had been forwarded to The Property Ombudsman.
    If you are a tenant, please be very careful.

2. 2

A 5-star review by 'Samantha Harrison' 6/10/2014

James Smith
    £1500

James Smith

After our experiences with other agents I found the service provided by James at Mann outstanding. His efforts in letting my property were exceptional. He provided a friendly personal service and nothing is too much effort. He stays in contact and has a genuine interest in retaining our custom. We will certainly be renting any other properties in future through Mann and recommend him as a result.

3. A 5-star review by 'Ricardo Freitas' 5/10/2014

Sarah Walker, Timothy Knight
    DA2
    £850

Sarah WalkerTimothy Knight

Morning All
    My Name is Ricardo Freitas as the Campany that I'm working for is moving in to Dartford I was willing to move before the Company.
    I'll Happy to say thanks to Timothy and Sarah that did happen.
    I'm so happy with state that all the service that as been provide me, made me fill as a (VIP Customer) of getting all the property paper work solve with in 10 day and making me moving in to the property on the promise day.
    Ones I move in to the property, It made me even more happy see the renovation on it and how nice and fresh it was.
    For that I'm proud to say thanks a lot to Timothy and Sarah for all they help provided to my self.
    And guaranty I will recommend to more friends and family if need be.
    Thank You very match.
    Ricardo Freitas

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY NO ONE LIKES TO PAY FEES BUT AS LONGEST I GET A GREAT SERVICE LIKE I DID I\'M WILLING TO PAY IT FOR.”

4. A 4-star review by 'YYY' 4/10/2014

Staff Member
    Andrea Clarke, first name last name

Andrea Clarkefirst name last name

When I decided to rent out my flat, a few agents came along. Andrea offerred me the most competitive rate and the service are good in general. No problem of returning emails and calls during the time of the contract. I continue with Mann this year. I recommend Andrea to my friends and she found them tenants within two weeks. Good renting service overall.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE CHARGE TO END THE CONTRACT IS TOO HIGH, WHICH SHOULD BE INFORMED AT THE BEGINNING OF SIGNING THE CONTRACT.”

View All Comments (1)by Lauren  15/11/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are glad you were happy with our service. We apologise that you felt the fee for ending the contract was high and we hope to ensure future landlords are aware of such charges.
  5. A 5-star review by 'Miss S Penfold' 3/10/2014

Sarah Walker, Gary Steadman

Sarah WalkerGary Steadman

I would just like to say a big thank you to Sarah Walker and Gary Steadman at Manns Swanley for making it such and easy process in us finding our new home. They are all such a great team at Manns and you couldnt ask for nicer people.

6. A 5-star review by 'Miss S Penfold' 3/10/2014

Sarah Walker, Gary Steadman

Sarah WalkerGary Steadman

7. A 5-star review by 'KGreenhead' 3/10/2014

DA5
    £850

Sarah Walker

Sarah was very attentive and helpful. She was always available to contact via e-mail and when she wasn't she would give me a call to check everything was ok. No question was too big or small and she exceeded her customer service requirements to ensure I was happy. It made the whole process run smoothly and she made sure I was up to date with each part of the process along the way. Gary held the viewing on the property and was professional and well mannered at all times. I'm not the easiest customer to please but both of these have done a brilliant service in the past 6 weeks. I would be happy to use them again and would have no qualms in referring them onto other individuals.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE SO YOU ARE ALREADY AWARE OF WHAT YOU WILL BE PAYING UPFRONT BEFORE YOU EVEN REQUEST TO SEE THE PROPERTY. THEY ARE HAPPY TO TALK THROUGH THEM WITH YOU IN FURTHER DETAIL ASWELL.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Dorian' 3/10/2014

Ryan Allan-Telford

He was very helpful to find me a property and communicated clearly. He is very professional and I would recommend him without hesitation.

9. A 5-star review by 'Paul Fagbuaro' 3/10/2014

Se9

Ryan Allan-Telford

The agent was very efficient when helping me to find a place as I was a student and it was my first time in the borough.

10. 3

A 1-star review by 'Mrs J Parsons' 16/9/2014

Po2
    £240000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I accepted an offer on my property on 26/4/2014 and I subsequently made an offer on a property. I received no communication from them once I had accepted the offer. I discovered from my sellers estate agents in August that my buyers still hadn't secured a mortgage. I had to ring Mann and co to find out what was going on. I was given a deadline by my seller of 12/09/14 for my buyers to have secured a mortgage. I was assured my Mann and co that it would be in place before that date. I had to ring them twice that week to stress the urgency of it and each time I was told the person dealing with it was out on appointments. They failed to meet the deadline and I have now lost the property I was buying and I am substantially out of pocket with solicitors fees. They failed to check my buyers were financially sound before agreeing a sale....that is in their list of pledges they give to you when you sign up with them they failed to ring me with regular updates....that is in their pledge also. I am beyond disgusted at their customer service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WON\'T BE PAYING ANY FEES AS I HAVE WITHDRAWN MY HOUSE FROM THE MARKET BECAUSE I HAVE LOST THE PROPERTY I WAS BUYING.”

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They could have honoured their pledges and provided a customer service.”

11. A 5-star review by 'somegreatvintages' 3/9/2014

Sam Richardson, Andrea King
    GU4
    £2100

Sam RichardsonAndrea King

Exceptionally good service from when I called into the office to arrange for a valuation to the day new tenants moved into my property 3 weeks later. These agents have gone above and beyond and i highly recommend them to any landlord looking for new tenants.
    I have previously used other Guildford agents but they have not delivered what they promised, whereas when using Mann lettings i was given a realistic valuation, and tenants were found for me very quickly at the rent promised.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE REASONABLE COMPARED TO OTHER AGENTS”

12. 2

A 1-star review by 'Arvin D\'souza' 18/8/2014

BR
    £1400
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Extremely irresponsible employees at the Beckenham branch. I did register my interest ona a property to rent with them on Rightmove to receive no response or call. Called them to arrange a viewing and was only successful on the third attempt. Spoke to Natalie first, who took down all my details and never called back. Later when contacted the office again, only to be told by Lauren that Natalie will call back to update the status of the viewing. But nothing happened. Again, called to speak to someone by name Jacky, who was so uninterested in booking a viewing, but finally decided to book a slot when asked ''what are they for?'' Requested an email confirmation for the viewings to hear that they normally give a call 10mins before viewing but can do it as a one off favour for me. And guess what, recieved nothing.

LAZY, IRRESPONSIBLE, USELESS BUNCH OF PEOPLE AT BECKENHAM BRANCH.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They did do anything to help. Arranging a viewing for a prospective client might be good start!”

13. 4

A 1-star review by 'Charlotte' 18/8/2014

CT6
    £28000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent failed to turn up to a viewing they had arranged for me, leaving me stood there for 15 minutes before calling them. Told an excuse and that no one would be coming. Highly unprofessional and best to avoid, very dodgy.

14. 3

A 5-star review by 'Fabio' 14/8/2014

se26
    £1400

Daniel Sarpong

I have a property in Sydenham and have been using Mann for over a year and half.
    Daniel became branch manager during this time and was really efficient in helping me leasing my property. He was able to find immediately relevant tenants that kept property in great shape with no delays of payments.
    They were very helpfull during the contracts process and very professional.
    Raccomend Mann as one of the top agency in Sydenham.

View All Comments (1)by The Lettings Manager  08/11/2014

Thank you for your wonderful review Fabio, Daniel is working extremely hard to offer excellent customer service and long may we continue to find you high quality tenants without the hassle.
  15. 2

A 2-star review by 'Annoyed Mann Customer' 11/8/2014

Branch:
    150 High Street (Rochester) (Rochester) (Kent)
    ME1
    £180000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very disappointed with a whole host of aspects of 'service'. We foolishly allowed Mann to source our mortgage which was the beginning of the debacle. From lost payslips to blatant lies about communication between respective departments, Mann ensured that the whole process was stressful and unprofessional. To top it all off, partly due to their incompetence, the vendor pulled out on the day we were ready to complete! We had to pay for all this as well - a truly horrible experience.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAD TO LITERALLY PAY FOR NOTHING (MORTGAGE CONSULTANCY ON A MORTGAGE WE NEVER GOT BECAUSE THE VENDOR PULLED OUT)”

16. 3

A 1-star review by 'Julien' 7/8/2014

Branch:
    121 Rushey Green (Catford) (London) (Greater London)
    , London London
    se23

London London

DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This is the most appalling agency I came accros in my entire life and I have had to deal with a lot being a property developer in my spare time.
    I had a visit planned this morning and arrived at the property 5 minutes before the viewing. However their agent (Hazel) was not there. I decided to wait 10 minutes and gave him a call, no response. I waited a little while longer and as the agent still wasn't there, I called the agency. They told me they could not get hold off him and that they would call me back as soon as they could reach him. 20 minutes later nothing, so I called again the agency to find out that the property had already been rented the day before. I never wrote any review on agencies before but I thought people should be warned about this agency and avoid renting any property through them.

View All Comments (1)by Adil Niazi  22/09/2014

Hi Julien, I would like to start off by thanking you for your feedback as here at Mann Lettings we take our jobs extremely seriously and pride ourselves in our customer service and customer satisfaction. I apologise you feel that we are the 'most appalling agency you have ever come across in your life'. I can assure you that we do our upmost to attend all appointments on time without fail, there may be an odd occasion due to unforeseen circumstances (traffic, due to pile ups, accidents etc) that we may arrive late however we always turn up. We never leave a client waiting at a property. I would also like to bring to your attention that we do not have anyone in this office in any department by the name of Hazel. I think on this occasion you may have made an error of which agent you was viewing with. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me, my email address is, adil.niazi@manncountrywide.co.uk alternatively you can call me on 0208 697 4285. Regards, Adil - Lettings Manager
  17. 1

A 5-star review by 'Countrywide' 6/8/2014

Daniel Sarpong, Doug Treleven
    SE27

Daniel SarpongDoug Treleven

Daniel, Doug and Alan have continued to find good tenants for my clients making my life as the Managing Agent a lot easier. Long may it continue.

18. A 4-star review by 'D.brown' 5/8/2014

SE23
    £1500

Doug Treleven

My experience of Man countrywide in Sydenham was not typical of most estate agent, they provided a great service unlike most agents. The letting advisor Doug provided a very professional and caring service. He help to remove all the stress associated with letting out properties.. I would certainly recommend and use Mann countrywide Sydenham again.

19. A 5-star review by 'Raphaelle Goodrich' 5/8/2014

Doug Treleven

Doug Treleven has been very helpful and friendly in the whole process of letting this property - from easy contact on the phone to viewing the property to keeping in touch throughout the referencing. This has proved to be an excellent, stress-free experience for us in facilitating our search for a new home.

View All Comments (1)by The Lettings Manager  08/11/2014

Thank you for you lovely review of Doug, it certainly makes his job more worth while when he hears positive feedback.
  20. 1

A 5-star review by 'Tas Alexandrou' 5/8/2014

Daniel Sarpong

Daniel has proved to be an excellent point of contact and very understanding of my companies housing needs. Viewings are prompt, documentation arranged in a speedy fashion and any matters outstanding are addressed as a matter of urgency.

Extremely satisfied with the service provided and look forward to agreeing further properties!

View All Comments (1)by Hazel Henwood  08/11/2014

Thank you so much for the positive review Tas, as a repeat customer you are highly valued in the branch and we look forward to working together for many years to come.
  21. A 5-star review by 'Alsayer' 4/8/2014

Daniel Sarpong

Far too often these days I encounter poor customer service when dealing with companies and am only to happy to vote with my feet -Thankfully this has not been an issue with Mann Countrywide as everyone I have dealt with has been polite and professional throughout. The service has thus far been all that I have required and the friendly attitude of the agent I have been dealing with means I am happy to ask any questions that I have had.

22. A 5-star review by 'Ran' 4/8/2014

Daniel Sarpong

Dan is a nice person to work with. This is the first time we've rented a property, and Dan & his team has helped us to archive what we wanted.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH CHARGES AS THE RATES ARE SAME AS OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA.”

23. 3

A 1-star review by 'Vicki' 4/8/2014

Po2
    £183500

Sale agreed 31/1/2014
    As of 4/8/2014 sale still not completed.
    Forn6 in the above time span nothing happened and I do mean nothing, please do not go with their recommendation to use their solicitor they put everyone with them and that you can't do.
    Communication is non existent.
    They have played me and my buyer off against each other, I know this as I have now met them!
    Today I find out that apparently i agreed back in May to give £1500 to my buyer for damp treatment, it doesn't have damp!
    The list of wrong doings is far too long to put on here, but right now I am considering pulling out of the sale as I really don't know how much more I can put up with.

Comments on the Agents fees

“STARTED OUT AT 1.5% RENEGOTIATED TO 1% AFTER THE PROCESS HALTED AFTER 5 MONTHS THROUGH THEIR NEGLIGENCE NOW GOING TO RENEGOTIATE AGAIN.”

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Not lied Communicated Stopped being money driven and learnt how to deliver great customer service”

24. A 5-star review by 'Wahid Feroz' 2/8/2014

They manage our building

Daniel Sarpong

Excellent service. Excellent assistance. Confidence in his professionalism and attitude and I'd recommend him to all homeowners looking for a reliable, honest, sound and competent property manager.

25. A 5-star review by 'Georgie Porgie' 21/7/2014

Andrea King, Sam Richardson
    GU1
    £650

Andrea KingSam Richardson

I have never used an estate agents before. I was apprehensive but was put at ease by Andrea and Sam. They took care of me and helped me settle in the easiest way possible. No problems, no issues. Catered to my every need and were just brilliant throughout. Will use them again next time without a doubt. Thank you for helping me become more independent. Georgie x

26. 2

A 2-star review by 'Liz' 17/7/2014

Branch:
    2 Aldershot Road Woodbridge Hill (Guildford) (Surrey)
    James Hill
    GU2

James Hill

Take my advice, use a different agent, worst agent ever used, had far more contact from an agent I wasn't using interestingly. James seemed enthusiastic on the initial visit to my house but there it stopped. He did call me when he wanted £60 for some promotion that was probably part of a target but did nothing towards gaining anything for me. Other than that he did not call when he said he would and seemed to be in endless "managers meetings" or on a day off or sick or just plain unavailable. I do have to say that the young lady normally in the office was as helpful as she could be. I wasted the time the property was on the market totally, I always had the feeling that nothing pro-active was being done but obviously cannot be sure on that. However I managed to rent it out in two days using a different agent.

27. 1

A 1-star review by 'Ms.R' 14/7/2014

Branch:
    Olivers House ( High Street) (Haslemere)
    gu27
    Upload a reviwer profile image

rude disorganised service. misinformed regarding rented property price and condition of property when initially took on property and arrogant rude staff throughout dealing with them

28. 2

A 1-star review by 'Karen' 9/7/2014

Ct1
    £230000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Would like to give them 0 stars. Rude service, tried to pressurise us into buying a mortgage with them. Threatened we'd lose the house if we didn't agree. Mortgage offered was put to us as being uncontainable elsewhere, we got the same deal but without countrywide fees on top at the bank directly. They claimed they had access to the whole of the mortgage market but could only give us 3 mortgage options when requested. They gave our details to third parties without consent. They broke many trading laws with the sale and held up the process by constantly getting names, dates and costs wrong on key documents.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AWEFUL- WORST QUOTES BY FAR FOR SOLICITORS, MORTGAGE ADVISORS (FREE TO DO SEARCHES WHICH WERE USELESS BUT VERY HIGH IF THEY CONVINCED YOU TO GO WITH THEM)”

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Been polite. Not broken the law. Been honest and not tried to sell us deals that weren\'t in our best interests. Gotten important paper work accurate first time (took them 3attempts and lost us 2 weeks on the deal)”

29. A 1-star review by 'Farmfield and Furious' 9/7/2014

Guy Marsh
    £260000

Guy Marsh

Absolutely dreadful service from them. within a couple of hours (over a weekend I might add) the manager was on the phone harassing me for the mortgage details threatening to get the vendor to put the house back on the market immediately even through we had gone through a full and final sealed bidding process. Then nothing. We were ready to exchange within weeks. Their solicitors, Countrywide - were worse than the agents! Nothing. It is now 12 weeks later and still this deal, a cash buy, has not gone through and Mr Marsh is no longer contactable or returning calls or email.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Done their job and managed the sales process AND thier solicitors - there was nothing and then he disappeared! Myself and the vendor had to do everything for ourselves.”

30. 1

A 1-star review by 'Suzie' 28/6/2014

Branch:
    337 Shirley Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Mark
    SO15
    £160000

Mark

I rang to arrange a viewing. As all estate agents force you to register in order to view a property I went through the process with Mark. When I declined to give my email address Mark seemed incredulous. I stated I did not wish to know about other properties, only this one so there was no need for them to have my email address as I did not wish to be contacted. Once again disbelief. I'm not sure why who wants to be hounded by every estate agent they register with. Can you imagine the amount of emails. Mark asked many further questions and some of them I declined to answer as he they were... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Listen and don\'t be rude.”

31. 3

A 1-star review by 'ic' 4/6/2014

Branch:
    10 Windmill Street (Gravesend) (Kent)
    shelley wise
    da12
    £875

shelley wise

This Shelley from property management keeps telling me that having a not working washing machine is not an emergency!!!!! She did not chase the engineer, did not inform the landlord but she is very calm and hang up the phone!!!!Who the hell is she? What's her job then? The company will get negative feedback because of employees like her. I would never recommend it to anyone as this is not my first and only issue with Mann Countrywide.

32. A 1-star review by 'Sarah Herbert RVN' 21/5/2014

Branch:
    15 Locks Heath Centre Centre Way Locks Heath (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    So19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Please avoid this company at all costs!!!

Is it possible to leave a review of less than terrible? Firstly I wanted to rent my house out last October and enlisted a couple of agents to market my property for me, Mann co said they had found the perfect tenants for me yet this fell through the night before the move for certain reasons. I kept having to nag the manager and lettings agent for feedback, leaving messages and nobody getting back to me, poor communication between staff at every step of the way.

I then decided to stop marketing my property with man co and not let it out as the... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Answered the phone, Done their job Not wasted my time and money!”

33. 1

A 1-star review by 'Julianathanson' 19/5/2014

Branch:
    88 High Street (Gillingham) (Kent)
    ME7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This branch of Mann behaved appallingly when we were interested in buying a property through them.

We had been told that unless we had an appointment with their own mortgage advisory service, our offer would not be "recommended to the seller...". Seriously.

When we asked our solicitor about this, we were told that this constitutes prejudice against a bid which contravenes the code of practice demanded by the NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents). He was happy to give Mann a call to confirm our financial position and that we had no need of their mortgage advisor's... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Adherence to industry standards would be a good start.”

34. A 1-star review by 'Buyer' 5/5/2014

SM1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Went to an open day to view a Property with many other prospective buyers. I was practically totally ignored by the Mann & Co staff ( all of who looked about 21) who were fawning over the other prospective buyers, with rolling eyes when I asked to look at certain keys areas of the house.
    Very arrogant and condescending.

Word of advice do not judge a book by it's cover...........everyone's money is the same colour.

I have dealt with other far more professional Agents in the area who were courteous and polite.
    The Housing Bubble wont last forever.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Employ staff who know how to deal with people...all people.”

35. A 1-star review by 'Buyer' 24/4/2014

Se23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible customer service. Twice I rang to inquire about a property and twice they promised to call me back and never did. I understand that the market in London has gone mental and that prospective buyer are easy to find, but they could still treat people with a minimum of professionalism. and respect. If this is how they deal with customers, I would not trust them to go all way with them on the purcharse of a property.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Err... ring back as promised?”

36. 1

A 1-star review by 'Lorraine' 22/4/2014

Branch:
    150A High Street (Rochester) (Medway) (Kent)
    Alex Lawrence
    ME3

Alex Lawrence

Worst estate agent I have ever dealt with. Very poor communication skills did not contact me once over a 6 month period or return my messages. They charged me £238 up front which Alex said would be returned to me on completion of a sale or if I withdrew the property from the market. I have done the latter and not seen the money back of course.

Throughout the marketing period they seemed to do their best to keep me in the dark about what was going on.My first buyers (who I was assured had the cash to purchase the property outright) disappeared and I was never advised of this. I only found out when i saw my property for sale on Rightmove. Jason at the office stated he had called me and advised me of this but this is a lie. My second buyers spent 4 months trying to get a mortgage and when I enquired what the problem was Alex actually told me it was none of my business.
    I wish I had found this site before I had signed a contract with them. I never felt at any point that they were acting for me. Avoid them at all costs.

“nothing”

37. 3

A 1-star review by 'Never use Mann' 12/4/2014

Branch:
    78 Eltham High Street (Greater London)
    Jade

Jade

Avoid any dealings with Mann countrywide in Eltham.
    Staff are un experienced and Poorly trained, Staff will argue down the telephone and tell you lies even suggest to you that your solicitor is rubbish all because they wanted to rush the sale along for their commission. Try not to get mixed up with Jade at the Eltham Branch she will make your experience very stressful.

38. 1

A 1-star review by 'Vicky Bryce' 9/4/2014

Daniel Sarpong

My lease ran out on April 24 but I had moved out early, paid my rent up to date and informed Daniel Sarpong that the property would be empty in case it could be rented out sooner and I could perhaps get a refund on rent paid.
    A tenant was found and the verbal agreement I had with Daniel was that I would remove what few goods I had left in the property, give it a further clean (I had already cleaned the property when I left) and confirm with him when I had done this.
    To cut a long story short, I did not confirm with Daniel that the work had been done but he still went ahead and made... (read more)

View All Comments (1)by The Lettings Manager  20/11/2014

Afternoon Vicky, Thanks for taking the time to detail your constructive feedback, i am firstly very sorry to hear that your experince has been anything but pleasurable in your dealings with Mann.In your situation I have to advise any repayment of rent that has already paid has to be recived by your landlord before we are in a position to repay this to yourself as you can imagine as a managing agent in some circumstances are the "middleman".In any case having reviewd the account i glad to see this has been resolved,However in relation to your friends property with the... (read more)
  39. 3

A 1-star review by 'NEVER USE MANN & COUNTRYWIDE' 4/4/2014

se26
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I had the extreme misfortune of dealing with his shockingly unprofessional bunch of total idiots from August last year when I had my offer accepted. They constantly harassed me and my solicitor pushing for a contract even though the delays were caused by the vendor.

Their pushy, aggressive, rude and arrogant approach forced me to block their calls after just 2 weeks of dealing with them. My solicitor also had to tell them to stop calling as they would call my solicitor up to 8 times a day. On one occasion they called me 9 times in one day despite me telling them I refused to speak to them... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They could have behaved in a professional manner and not harassed me and my solicitor endlessly. They could have not been rude and agreesive”

40. A 5-star review by 'J Mayle' 12/3/2014

Branch:
    121 Rushey Green (Catford) (London) (Greater London)
    Peter Piskov
    SE6

Peter Piskov

We had an excellent experience using Mann Countrywide (Catford Branch). The staff were helpful and kept in touch with everything along the way. They chased up feedback and let you know what the outcome was. The property we were buying was a private sale, but they also helped us with this. We couldn't fault them. We would highly recommend anyone wanting to buy or sell use them, as we had tried a couple of other agents previously and they couldn't sell our flat, but Mann Countrywide did.

41. 2

A 1-star review by 'Jason' 10/3/2014

Branch:
    1 St. Johns Road (Hedge End) (Hampshire)
    so31
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Mann Countrywide marketed my property for 16 weeks, i did everything suggested to me, including deep clean etc at my cost, they did not even solicit one offer, i changed agency, and sold house for same price i had told Mann Countrywide i would accept in one week!!!!
    RIPOFF They also took a £200 deposit against the legal fees, telling me if i did this i would get a premium listing, but no risk, as i would get it back when house sold, or i withdrew it. However They are now refusing to return my money, coming up with all sorts of ewxcuses

AVOID THIS AGENCY AT ALL COSTS

“Kept word”

42. A 5-star review by 'Manning' 4/3/2014

Felicity Baker, Jordan Dry
    Ct4

Felicity BakerJordan Dry

I have recently sold my property in Canterbury via Mann's.
    I was impressed from day one with the Team's knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for helping me with my move. After two weeks of selling I had several offers and secured a buyer at a price that I was delighted with! From agreeing the sale to completion date I was kept fully up to date and they even helped me negotiate the move date I wanted up and down the chain.
    I would have no hesitation recommending Mann's and in particular Jordan, Felicity and David.

43. A 5-star review by 'Wiggy wig' 4/3/2014

Gary Steadman
    Se9

Gary Steadman

The whole process was painless. Gary valued the flat and within days they had two prospective tenants. Once I'd chosen which one I wanted the references were collected quickly and the let went ahead quickly. Would definitely use them again and recommend the team to other landlords. Thanks. Great job - well done.

44. 1

A 1-star review by 'sickened' 3/3/2014

se42

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING:
    Using Manncountry will increase your risk of suicide, which is illegal, but i'm sure they wouldn't mind.

My landlady was lied to.
    I was lied to.
    They purposely fed wrong information to both landlord and tenant with a total lack of respect for either's needs.

I was moving to the area to live near my children and have a 2 bed place I could move a bunk bed into. This was approved as 'fine', but revealed as not fine a few days before I was to move in.
    What sort of sick person plays with people's lives like this?

They revealed extra charges at the time of move in.
    The contract had 2 years instead of 1.
    The monthly rent changed.

F*****g sick.

45. 3

A 1-star review by 'Sue' 20/2/2014

PO1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have bought many properties in the past with a few different estate agents around Portsmouth.
    Mann Countrywide have to be the worse I have ever dealt with.
    They are unreliable, unprofessional and give a poor quality service.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Better trained staff. Communication skills are very poor.”

46. 1

A 1-star review by 'avoidwastingtime' 19/2/2014

me5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Don't go any where near this branch, i have never met such unhelpful, uninterested people in my life. I had to chase them up from day one, putting photos up took over 2 weeks, creating a floor plan took a month which was corrected numerous times. I strongly suggest avoiding these people at any cost! You wont get feed back, you don't get any advise and when you question anything you get a sarcastic response . Complete waste of 5 months!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Complete change in attitude and actually communicating.”

47. 1

A 1-star review by 'J C' 14/2/2014

Branch:
    The Old Bank House 19 The Marsh (Hythe) (Hampshire)
    SO45
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Have just been told that the people we are buying off have now pulled out! avoid this agent as much as possible due to no updates and playing a long waiting game. They are un profesionall and if they paid me i would never buy a property off this agent. the comunication is shabby and poor! I am bitter yes due to the vendor pulling out but this could have been avaioded if the agent had have been more pro active!

48. 2

A 1-star review by 'Gic' 7/2/2014

Buying agent
    David
    CT2

David

We finally bought this property for my aged father in law, but only by by-passing the agent who was being exceptionally unhelpful in our efforts to make offers. He told us that an offer had already been accepted and that the mortgage survey was being done. He said that he could only act in the best interests of the vendor. His behaviour was obsequious and I didn't trust him. I contacted the vendor direct and spoke with him, and it was quite clear from my conversation with him, that what David, the agent, was telling was untrue. In the end we purchased the property for cash in a contract... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Told the truth and not lied to promote his personal best interests and not those of the vendor,”

49. A 1-star review by 'saffron connell' 5/2/2014

Branch:
    126 High Street (Chatham) (Medway) (Kent)
    shelley rise
    me2

shelley rise

I have nothing but problems with this agent I spent a lot of money with my husband to get a property from them the house is gawjus and our land lord so far has been very helpful as we have had quite a few problems with maintainece, we had a new boiler fitted and the contracters left a serious leak in three pipes under my sink which flooded my kitchen 24 hours after ringing them to say I couldnt use my sink attall and I had a baby living with me I still hadn't heard anything so I rung them again just to get a patronising uncaring women Shelley rise to basically tell me they had tried to ring the landlord with no luck and there was nothing more they could do she basically told me that it was my fault and was so rude and didn't care that my stuff had ruiened from the water u pay all that money to be spoken to like crap I will never rent with Mann countrywide again and shelly rise Chatham maintainece services should be re trained for her disgraceful customer service skills!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Not be so UN helpful and rude”

50. 1

A 1-star review by 'Andrew' 31/1/2014

tn24

Jan Gurr

Terrible service. I have received letter demanding access to the property for mid-term visit on 24th January. No problem. I stayed at home all day long, waiting and wasting my time, nobody came, nobody called, wrote email, sent text message. Nothing. I know agency staff visited my friend the same day, the same area ( estate). Nobody called in and this is a second time in row such an ignorance happened ( last time in October).

The same day, I wrote an email to their office (24th Jan) , I have got confirmation that email was read on 27th Jan and I have not got any response from an agency at all. No contact, no explanation, no apologies.

View All Comments (1)by Krystal  05/10/2014

Hi there! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you have right here on this post. I am coming back to your web site for more soon.
  51. A 5-star review by 'John Bloor' 23/1/2014

DA16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Mann Countrywide at Sidcup are by far and away the best Estate Agency that I have dealt with. The reason is that they have grasped a simple necessity missing from many estate agents. They act in the best interests of the person paying their fees. I all times I felt that I was being kept in the picture and when I needed help they were there to advise and help right from instruction through to completion. That is unusual as my experience from agents is that once the purchaser is found you don't hear from them again until they want their fee.

52. A 1-star review by 'Shameful' 22/1/2014

Branch:
    14 Market Street (Dartford) (Kent)
    Da4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely awful I don't think you could pick a worse agent. I feel they tell people what they want to hear. Have no interest in helping there customers that have sold with them to find a new place. Poor communication, not much advice on how to do viewings I have children and was selling my first place so block viewing washouts of been recommended. Play a lot of games and I felt they were being untruthfull a lot of them time. Anyone you ever need to speak to is "out of the office at the minute" never again will I be touching this agent, think I'd sell my house better myself!!!! Stay well away! Oh and also only did a handful of the show rounds when we did actually have a viewing for our house.

53. 1

A 1-star review by 'Great Dane' 19/1/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Incompentant, untrustworthy and arrogant staff. Did everything (on purpose) to slow or stall process knowing that our daughter needed a place to live. Poor service. Does not know how to make international transfer of funds or credit cards. Lots of mistakes in the tenancy contract. When we finally got the keys to the place, they were the wrong ones and it turned out there were no keys to the apartment at all. A total shamble

54. 1

A 5-star review by 'J Reid' 28/11/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used Mann Countrywide for a number of years to let and manage my portfolio. They have always let to good tenants, offered great honest advice and nothing is ever to much trouble. A professional team. I will never use anyone else.

55. 1

A 1-star review by 'Janet' 26/11/2013

ba21
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent I was using for my rented property sold out to Mann Countrywide, Yeovil. This agency was extremely inefficient - didn't answer phone messages or emails, took a lot of pushing to do simple tasks. I tried for 5 months to get them to transfer a deposit when I sold one of my houses to my son but despite promises that they were processing it, it was never done.
    I changed agencies, and like the other reviewer, my tenants mistakenly took the rent money in cash to Mann Countrywide. Mann banked the money, sent me part of it (retaining management fee, VAT and a further £10). Despite many efforts by me, the tenants and the new agency, to get the money back, it has not been returned. The agency said several times that they had asked Accounts to return it, but Accounts said they had no record of this. I was told in one phone call that the money had actually been transferred to me, but this proved to be untrue.

56. 1

A 1-star review by 'Mizpent Youth' 23/11/2013

Branch:
    88 St. Thomas Street (Weymouth) (Dorset)
    DT1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This company provide an absolutely appalling service to their tenants. We are renting between purchases are a family with 3 young children. A few defects were reported upon commencement of the tenancy and were dealt with by a third party company acting on behalf of Mann Countrywide, these issues were dealt with quite efficiently and quickly. For some reason, after these early issue were dealt with the maintenance was handed back to Mann Countrywide who are worse than useless, they do not respond to emails, and they don't answer the phone. We have had several defects outstanding on the... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“If the agent had responded to my emails, answered the telephone when I called, and had effected the repairs in a timely manner I would have considered using their services again.”

57. 1

A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled' 21/11/2013

Branch:
    337 Shirley Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    SO16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We didn't end up selling with Mann Countrywide as they were so incompetent. Barely communicated with us. Lied about having prospective buyers before we signed with them, these 'buyers' mysteriously disappeared after contract was signed. Didn't hear anything for three weeks even after I called on at least four occasions as the description was very poor and the floorplan was incorrect. No apology from manager once floorplan was sorted, just put blame on admin staff. Description was not changed. Barely any feedback from few people who did view the place. When finally was able to cancel... (read more)

58. 1

A 1-star review by 'K G Perry' 8/11/2013

Amanda ?, Sharon Collins
    BA21

Amanda ?Sharon Collins

Until recently Mann Countrywide used to manage the property I rent until my landlady changed letting agents. While under Mann Countrywide's management the flush on my toilet broke, I reported the issue to Mann Countrywide immediately. It took Mann Countrywide 2 weeks to report the issue to their maintenance man. Despite the numerous phone calls I made to them, Mann Coutrywide didn't see it as an issue that needed resolving quickly and happily left my family of 5 without a flushing toilet for a over fortnight!
    Since leaving Mann Countrywide's management a rent payment mistakenly went to... (read more)

59. 1

A 1-star review by 'Andy' 23/10/2013

Stephanie Dagg
    TN24

Stephanie Dagg

During dishwasher servicemen visit ( in January 2013) , floor has been damaged in the kitchen. It's been reported immediately by email, supported with few pictures. Couple months later during mid term visit I raised this issue again. I asked for a copy of the report made during this visit, I was promised to receive it shortly, nothing happened. I sent few emails, no answer. In June 2013, I visited MannCountrywide letting office asking for a copy of the last mid term visit report. I could not get it because...it disappeared, no copy left. Again, member of staff promised to contact me about the issue. Nothing happened. In August, I sent recorded mail and got no reply again. Week ago, I received the letter from Sittingbourne office about another mid-term visit arranged on 22nd October 2013 between 10-16. Nobody came, nobody phoned ! Total lack of respect !

Facebook

Report Abuse 1 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  60. 1

A 5-star review by 'BishopJ' 2/10/2013

Ashley Mould

Mann Countrywide in Lewisham are very professional at what they do and will help you to their very best skills. Highly recommended.

61. 1

A 5-star review by 'Houseseller2013' 2/10/2013

Sm1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having recently sold my property through mann countrywide I honestly cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me. They absolutely had my interests at heart....even when my buyer began to mess around they knew exactly how to handle the situation and see my sale through to the end.
    They got a fantastic price for my home in a hassle free manor. I cannot recommend them any higher!

62. A 5-star review by 'Houseseller2013' 1/10/2013

Sm1

63. 3

A 5-star review by 'eviepeach78' 26/9/2013

Sian Taylor, Jack Parsons
    Sm2

Sian TaylorJack Parsons

I can't thank Sian & Jack enough for their help & guidance through the Lettings process. As a first time landlord I was really nervous about letting my home out to strangers, but they put me at ease and answered every query I had. Jack found me a tenant immediately and everything went really smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone who has a property to rent out, they provide an outstanding service. Top marks!

64. 4

A 5-star review by 'maria E' 14/9/2013

Chantel Davis, Gillian Goodall

Chantel DavisGillian Goodall

Both ladies valued my property one for sales and one rental. I instantly knew i'd instruct them after their visit. They each spent roughly an hour with me talking about the market and things i would need to do in order to let and sell my property. They were absolutely wonderful, I got a real sense of care. They filled me with confidence as I was nervous about letting go of my home. I was shocked at how much the rental prices were in my area! I decided to go with rentals as this worked out well for me financially.

65. 6

A 5-star review by 'Siggi' 13/9/2013

Se12

Nathan Stephens

Nathan is the most professional and happy lettings negotiator we have dealt with. He was quick to find us our perfect property and made the whole process smooth and pleasant. His communication skills were outstanding. Top marks for Mann countrywide.

66. 6

A 5-star review by 'Cesar' 9/9/2013

Ashley Mould

I received an excellent attention. The agent, Ashley Mould, paid attention to my needs in letting a flat. He tried to find the most suitable option for me. It is an excellent choice, I highly recommend to contact him.

67. A 5-star review by 'paul J' 7/9/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Keeping it short and sweet. I found a property last week with Mann which I moved into on Wednesday. Pleased with the service and agent I dealt with. He even suggested I have content insurance with is something I didnt really consider. My aunt is dealing with their mortgage advisor which is what prompted me to register with them. Glad I did!

68. 5

A 5-star review by 'Mike' 6/9/2013

Nathan Stephens

Found a property through Mann in Hither Green in August. Nathan was my representative who showed me two properties. I loved both of these but decided to go with the property that offered nicer furishings. I found Nathan helpful and pleasant to deal with. He always promptly came back to me if i had queries or concerns. The referencing process took a little longer than i expected however i was always kept in the loop. I would certainly recommend other tenants to Nathan. His manager was also very helpful throughout the process.

69. 1

A 1-star review by 'Paul' 9/8/2013

Branch:
    126 High Street (Chatham) (Medway) (Kent)
    ME8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Had no problem with them during our tenancy, but their deductions are extortionate. We went to great effort to clean the house, meet with all the requirements etc and thanks mainly to a picky landlord, there were numerous conversations between my wife and the Property Manager in the lead up to use leaving.

Without question we left the place in better condition that when we arrived, thanks mainly to the property having been empty for a couple of months before we moved in. However, as with any clean, there are always a few things missed - especially when it's a 4 bedroom house. A till... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“I just wanted to be treated fairly! I would have paid reasonable costs for the cleaning that was required. I would have paid for anything that was reasonable - even marginally inflated prices I would have accepted, but this is a clear rip off.”

70. 3

A 1-star review by '37eeyore' 15/7/2013

Ethan
    SM1

Ethan

I have used several estate agents and these are by far the worst. Ethan is incompetent and lies to cover his mistakes. He didn't keep in contact with the seller and lied about how ready they were to move. They in turn had no idea about our requirements. He kept telling us that the top of the chain was ready and waiting for us which caused the bottom of the chain to pay extra to have everything fast tracked. The consequence of this was that we had to pay to put our furniture in storage and incur extra removal costs. The sale nearly didn't go through because of all the extra headaches caused by Ethan not doing his job and lying to cover up. When I complained to Joanne, the office manager, she denied that Ethan had done anything wrong and tried to blame it on me and my buyers. She didn't care if the sale fell through and her manner was rude and abrupt. What should have been any easy transaction ended up taking four months.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They could have done their job properly and not been deceitful and rude. An apology would have gone a long way.”

71. 5

A 1-star review by 'OB135' 8/7/2013

CT2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

• Extremely high admin fee’s with no real sign of getting the service you are paying for.
    • Told on the day of moving in that I had to take out insurance, or I could not move in. This was the first time I had heard about that having insurance was a pre-requirestie before moving in. And because this was sprung upon me the only insurance that I could take out at short notice was through a company which Mann’s deals with, and therefore must be getting a kick back from.
    • When I took out the insurance, it was told a price, then I got a letter from a third party of creditors saying it... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Better service, train your staff properly and get rid of any team member who is obviously incompetent. Stop charging stupidly high admin fees when I had found out by other agents (from where I come from) that the costs are a fraction of the price.”

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (4)
    View All Comments (4)by Branch Manager  14/07/2013

I am somewhat surprised by your comments as the way you have described your experience seems far from our usual standard application process. All our tenants are fully aware of their obligations from the outset. All fees and move in dates are discussed and agreed by the applicant prior to them signing their approval to proceed. Once referencing has been carried out and you have met our criteria, we then send you a letter/email confirming the details of your tenancy, at this point we advise that you will need to take out contents insurance and enclose a quotation. Tenants insurance is in... (read more)
  72. 5

A 1-star review by 'notthatrusko' 3/7/2013

SE13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Booked time off work to view a property with a view to taking it immediately provided the standard was as appeared in advert.

We had a reservation the day before our viewing. 2 hours before our booking Ashley cancelled on us with no reason. When I called in Ashley made up an excuse about having another appt. Which didn't make sense. When I pointed out the fact he was obviously blagging me he changed his story to something about a tenant. Which also didn't add up. When I asked why he had waited until 2 hours before my appt. He had no explanation and basically ignored the question.

I asked for his manager and he said he would get her to call me. She hasn't (surprise surprise).

We are excellent professional tenants seeking long term tenancy, and now we won't be renting with these xxxxx because of the offensive level of service we received. Had the manager contacted us we would have gone back - the fact that she's just as unprofessional told us all we needed to know...

73. 4

A 1-star review by 'Ann' 23/5/2013

Branch:
    921 Brighton Road Purley (Croydon) (Greater London)
    Cr0
    Upload a reviwer profile image

If you employ your own staff, and would like to show them an example of how NOT to behave, or treat customers, then you must call in at the Mann Countrywide branch in Purley, and speak to the young lady there! Absolutely totally full of herself, arrogant, rude and unhelpful. Why would any company wish to employ someone like that? The other member of staff, a young man, was the absolute epitome of good customer service, but the young woman (whom I suspect was the "manager"), wouldn't leave him alone to get on with his job, which he was doing excellently, but constantly chipped in from the side with nonsense comments.
    I gave up and walked out... Another customer lost!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“The young lady could have left the competent member of staff to get on with things, which might (indeed probably) would have resulted in an offer being made.”

74. 4

A 3-star review by 'Dot' 21/5/2013

Branch:
    40 High Street (Gosport) (Hampshire)
    PO13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to believe such a successful company presents itself well. However my experience isn't that good.
    Firstly, I did not feel the agent is acting in my favor and there basically was lack of interest. I also could wish for more cheerful and welcoming attitude.
    Secondly as I have bought my property in mid April I still did not received mentioned complimentary home move box, which as I have been told should be delivered soon after my move (within 10 days).
    I start to wonder either Mann Countrywide makes empty promises or someone did not want to provide a good job. While not being greedy here and not even thinking of getting the complimentary home move box now, I'm trying to understand whether Mann Countrywide can keep to the given word and can be loyal to their customers.

After saying what bothers me, I would like to bring a good word to one of the wonderful employee, who got a position as a financial advisor. That girl can do wonders and I would like to thank her for great work she has done!!

75. 1

A 1-star review by 'SH' 13/5/2013

PO3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Mann Countrywide failed to show up for appointment. I had made an appointment for a property to be valued but no-one turned up. Had driven over 100 miles for the appointment and the estate agent didn't even bother to phone me. I had to call them.

“Turned up!”

76. 6

A 1-star review by 'Hopeless Tenant' 8/5/2013

Jason Weddle, Danielle Tapping
    SM2

Jason WeddleDanielle Tapping

Warning!!! Keep away from Mann Countrywide. Can there be a worse letting agent?

My wife and I went to see one of their properties. We quite liked the property so we enquired about their fees. The agent verbally explained that the fees were as follows:

£75 for reference check per adult - £150

Inventory: £120
    Administration Fee: £100
    Total = £370

We were asked to pay a holding deposit of £300 to take the property off the market and to do our reference checks. We paid the amount on the same day. After the reference checks were done, we received an invoice via email amounting... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“There is nothing this agent can do to change my mind. They are just robbers...”

77. 3

A 1-star review by 'Paul Duffield' 3/5/2013

sarah ?
    TA

sarah ?

Tomorrow i wll be making my third visit to try % view the property. First time they didnt show up, second time they were 25 mins late & no phone call to say so. so i went home. I had another appointment to view booked for tomorrow (Saturday ) Which i have just rag to confirm somebodt would be coming, only t be told somebody had cancelled it. It amazes me they eersell anything

78. 6

A 1-star review by 'Mr and mrs Walsh' 26/4/2013

Gu7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Treated like a second class citizen, spoken to in a very dismissive way. Obviously she does not understand who the customer is or how to treat them.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Be respectful and polite”

79. 6

A 1-star review by 'dontdoit' 25/4/2013

Alan Van

Alan Van

I gave them a holding deposit/ reference fee of £375 THREE months ago and still haven't had it back.

Nobody returns my calls.

The property fell through because they only called ONE of my partner's employers (he's a peripatetic teacher and has more than three employers) and discounted my job entirely as I'm still within my 9 month probationary contract, so we fell short of the rent (your salary or salaries have to be 30 times the monthly rental amount) by £200. When I pointed out their mistake, nobody did anything about it, or took responsibility, or said sorry.

We were 4 days away from moving in, and had bought furniture for the place, and organised van hire. We had to move out of the place we were in, so were effectively homeless.

Extortionate fees (actually we got them down by £100) and they do all the references in house anyway. Except not properly. And zero customer service, and worse than zero accountability. And I'm still chasing for my money. All in all, appalling.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Taken responsibility for their mistake and have said sorry. Still owed money three months on!!”

80. 2

A 2-star review by 'Buying for kids' 10/4/2013

TN**
    Upload a reviwer profile image

12/2/13 3 bed terrace . This agent keeps a property on their books/board/Rightmove as for sale even though offer accepted, no viewings and one week left before for contract exchange. Time wasters. And very unapologetic.

81. 6

A 1-star review by 'lizi' 9/4/2013

gu4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very helpful agent when it came to being accepted on the property. Took the £500 holding fee with no problem at all. Was told that taking in all the referencing documents would be the best way to get it done quickly. So that's what we did, only to be told we needed more documents, so had to drive 6miles there and back again. Got a break down of all fees and nearly died of shock, came to almost £900( with guarentaur). But we liked the property so would have payed it. Then it went wrong! The landlord had accepted another tenant with an earlier moving in date! After they took our £500 holding fee! We were told by the agent that it would be payed back through BACS, when ringing up and speaking to a rather rude manager I was informed that it wouldn't be , that it will be cheque. Have now found a better estate agent that charges half the fees!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Could have been more honest from the start. if a landlord would prefer a different tennat that is their choice. Is their house after all. However we should have been informed, not led on. Really don\'t need the stress being 3zweeks pregnant!”

82. 2

A 1-star review by '*' 21/3/2013

Branch:
    40-42 Commercial Way (Woking)
    gu22

Ross

I was in talks over the purchase of the property through the sale team, as part of the agreement I would initially rent the property with a clause to break the contract at any given time to purchase. The property was a new build where the owner was keen to sell rather than rent the property and so was happy with my agreement.

Everything was in process and ready to go as far as I was aware, I was still dealing with the sales team. On the Monday I was told by the lettings team that they had sent me some paperwork through by email. When I checked my emails, there was just a message to contact... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Keep people informed of actions. If on the phone everything is still good to go, then it should be in person. If the situation has changed inform people. There were two occasions, where I spoke to someone who said things were all okay, and they already knew that it was not.”

83. 1

A 4-star review by 'Cherry Blossom' 12/1/2013

Laura Page, Leeanne Rafferty-Evans
    CT1

Laura PageLeeanne Rafferty-Evans

I have been a Landlord with Mann Countrywide for some years now. I have found over the past couple of years the team to be friendly, and professional. They have let my properties in a timely mannor with minimal disruption and voids with the rental income.

The Branch Manager is understanding of my needs, the administration team are efficient, and any quiries are answered in a timely mannor. My properties are fully managed, the property manager is dedicated, and turns round maintenace issues in a swiftly, timely mannor. She is professional, helpful, and keeps me updated on the progress of the works. The rent is paid on time, and should there have been any late rental payments they are fast to act to retrieve the rent.

I would highly recommend the Canterbury lettings department of Mann Countrywide to any potential landlords, or tenants and I look forward to many more years with them managing my properties.
    A very happy landlord

84. 5

A 1-star review by 'Hildres Pancrace' 31/12/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

There was some urgency to find a home to rent (two weeks). I was shown a property and terms was agreed. My card was
    taken and I understood a fee was taken for a reference check. I was given all the papers to fill in. I cancelled other viewings I had that day. On the way home I got a call from the agent telling me that he had got the day of the present tenants leaving wrong. By two weeks. I was told that there was no problem with me moving my furniture in but I could not live in the property until the tenants' contract period was complete. It was suggested I stay with family or frients (three people), I had made it clear that I was completing on my flat on a particular date and needed to be in a place on that date.
    I returned to request the reference fee back to discover that the agent had in fact not taken the fee, which leaves me to conclude that the situation was construed for the benefit of the agent and landlord with absolutely no regards to my requirements. A clear case of intended entrapment. Disgusting!!!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Absolutely nothing. I will never consider this agent again nor recommend to friends/family. Sadly this is one of two experiences of this sort I have had in a short space.”

85. 3

A 1-star review by 'Trajester' 22/12/2012

Branch:
    2 Aldershot Road Woodbridge Hill (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Buying agent
    GU2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The most shocking experience with Mann Country Wide at this branch is when we were in the process of making offer to a repossession property. We were receiving calls from them shortly after we have made offer, they were telling us the offers (i.e. actual figure) made by another customer. They were acting as an auctioneer which is not acceptable professional practice.

They are slow in response, poor in communication, inconsistent in providing information. Overall it was a frustrating experience.

86. A 4-star review by 'Kathy' 22/10/2012

Branch:
    47 The Borough (Farnham) (Surrey)
    Tanya Oakland

Tanya Oakland

Tanya was involved in marketing my property and helping me find a new one. She was excellent - she is extemely patient and always willing to take time to discuss any concerns at length. She is extremely perceptive and unlike many estate agents, very sensitive to the stresses involved in selling and buying a house.

87. 1

A 1-star review by 'monkeys' 1/10/2012

Branch:
    40-42 Commercial Way (Woking)

Ross

Well they made my life as hard as they could right from the beginning, handed in my notice as you do giving 2 months notice, they then were just lazy b*****ds and didn't hand it/scan/send it off until 10 days had passed, this is was the idioticy of Ross who was "undestaffed" or some crap like that o and the first I heard of this was me ringing up to find out as going well. The other two ladies were equally as useless generally and not much help at all. they also had 2 months notice of my date that I'd given, took them a week before I moved to realise it was a Sunday and to tell me they couldn't do that. Which I found out that they were lying out there ar*eholes about on the day o my inventory. my advice, stay well clearv of them, they are useless, sly, back stabbing, lying corporate people who don't give a monkey's about anything but them selves.STAY WELL CLEAR or just prepare for the crappiest people to manage your property.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Employ people who can do there job maybe ?!? This would help a lot !!!”

88. 9

A 1-star review by 'A very disappointed customer' 28/9/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

"Terrible" is the only word that can describe their service.

Based on my experience, their aim is basically to take as much money as possible from their customers. They have a ridiculously high charge on the referencing, administration, check in, and tenancy agreement fee that in total cost over £500. As inexperienced as I am and as I am very desperate in finding a new place to live, they know that they have more power and that I do not have any choice but to use their service.

Moreover, one of their sales agent was even cheeky enough to ask for the payment WITHOUT having sent a copy of the tenancy contract and the invoice beforehand! Also, they never told us that the fees excluded VAT. All in all...they are dishonest people and you should NEVER do business with them! If you have no other choices and have decided to use their services, you should take note of everything they say or do because they make tons of excuses and make lies after lies.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“They should take the reviews and complaints into consideration. As I can see...they have yet done so, otherwise there wouldn\'t have been continuous complaints and poor reviews on their products and services.”

89. 2

A 1-star review by 'Matt' 20/7/2012

Branch:
    40-42 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Louise Hurlow

Louise Hurlow

For background, information, I am a young professional currently living in London, but looking to move to the Woking area. I had arranged an appointment with Louise from MannCountrywide to view a property on Wednesday 18 July at 17:00. In order to make the appointment, I left work early and travelled 30 minutes by train.

Earlie in the day, I had received a text message confirming my appointment.

I arrived at the property at 16:55; there was no sign of Louise, so I waited outside. At 17:00, there was still no sign of Louise, but the sky had quickly turned grey and a very sudden downpour... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Had the agent called me within 24 hours of the missed appointment to apologise, rather than me having to call them, I may not have felt inclined to leave this review, and might have given them the benefit of the doubt. Additionally, had they offered a discount on their fees, I may have considered using them. Neither of these things happened, however, and I will not be using them, much less recommending them.”

90. A 5-star review by 'Amazed3' 19/7/2012

Branch:
    119 Church Road (Willesborough) (Ashford) (Kent)
    Andy

Andy

hi,
    We are at present looking for buy to lets and it is refreshing to find an agent that is doing the job properly. We are very pleased with the service provided by Andy who is trying to provide the best service he can and takes a proper interest in what we require. He makes regular follow ups and other agents in the area could take a lesson from him
    well done Andy!!

91. 2

A 5-star review by 'Houseseller2012' 18/7/2012

Joanne Hughes, Ben Albon

Joanne HughesBen Albon

Jo, Ben, Warwick, Emma and Julian worked above and beyond to find us a buyer at a good price within a limited timescale. They never took there eye off the ball and their customer service is incredible. They always call back when they say they will and pulled out all the stops to get my sale through. I can't recommend them enough.
    1st class agent and 1st class service

92. A 5-star review by 'MrSlater' 16/7/2012

Branch:
    15 Locks Heath Centre Centre Way Locks Heath (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Great agents! I used this branch to let out my house recently and received great customer service/care and advice. They got me a very good price, with perfect tenants and offered me a great management package with a very competetive fee.

would recommend and use again!

93. 2

A 2-star review by 'MANN COUNTRYWIDE IS IN MELTDOWN.' 13/7/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Derren Box the manager came to my home to sign me up.l He promised that my property would be included in a special exhibition in London for Investors. He promised to keep me informed as to the results. (He also promised an introduction to another estate agent on another business matter). He then persuaded me to sign on the spot a waiver to my statutory rights. I did so . He has NEVER called me back. I called his office and three times was promised he would call me back. A supposed sale that appeared just their agency contract was out to expire disappeared.
    I was promised again on five... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Phone me back when promised.”

View All Comments (1)by Honeyboo  29/08/2013

I agree - I as a buyer had a viewing in Abbey Wood; I had the email confirmation as well as the verbal agreement. It was an early evening viewing and I had to travel across London only to learn that the person did not book me in, despite my email confirmation, so no one knew of the booking and the girl who had made it was not around that particular day. A shambles that's all I can say. I got an apology - what is that worth when I had wasted the best part of the day travelling across town.
  94. 2

A 2-star review by 'Gail John' 30/5/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

We are in the process STILL or trying to complete on a purchase with this agent. We have been told different things from beginning to end. i.e. how long it would take which is proving to be never ending and have been badly advised with regards to how many people are in the chain. Nobody seems to care about how much stress people are under and the fact that we need to purchase furniture, get utilities etc organised. All they seem to be bothered with is their commission etc. We have been made to feel like we are a nuisance if we phone them, they would never contact us if we didn't ask the question,. Told yesterday that all parties are ready to exchange today and complete on the 7th June......not happening according to our solicitor because the solicitor that Mann use (Fastrack sale ha ha) did not even bother to answer the telephone to our solicitor this morning.....she was waiting and waiting on the phone until she had to give up. No professionalism from anyone to do with this Company.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Contacted us more often, done the job he is paid for and been professional with it.”

95. 2

A 2-star review by 'McConnell' 21/5/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I found both the Godalming and Haslemere Branches to be pushy and unscrupulous in their financial advise and sales technique. VERY pushy! I have asked them several times to remove my details from their database to no avail. They still cold call me about once a month. I once looked round property in Haslemere and am no longer interested in that area, which I have made clear on more than one occaision, but this does net deter the Haslemere branch!
    I had my house valued by the Godalming branch, to whom I have mentioned my dislike for their pushy sales techniques.They fair slightly better, but still cold call every couple of months, despite my persistant requests to have my details removed.
    Financial advice was based on how much they can 'squeeze' out of a lender, rather than my ability to repay, not adequate at all, in my opinion.
    All smacks a bit of desperation. AVOID!!

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“LEAVE ME ALONE, I\'M NOT SELLING MY HOUSE!!!!”

96. 5

A 1-star review by 'EF23' 3/5/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

In February of this year I received a marketing flyer advising that Mann Countywide had several people looking for property in my area and that property to sell was required urgently. As I was looking to sell my property at this time I called and spoke with an estate agent named Mike Stewart who confirmed there were 9 people on their books looking for a property on my estate. I therefore booked an appointment to meet with Mike on 4th February 2012.

My appointment went ahead as planned and Mike gave me a generous valuation on my property and said he had 5 people waiting to view it... (read more)

97. 6

A 1-star review by 'Will' 24/4/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I've just had a call from the rudest Estate Agent I've ever dealt with, Tim Mcarthy based in Rochester.

I'm a buy to let investor keen on building my portfolio in Kent and as such have spoken to many Estate Agencies, none of which have got my address. Tim laughed at me when I asked politely if I could refrain from supplying an address and went on to say he wouldn't organise any viewings unless I gave it to him. There was a few minute stand off when Tim said finally Manns wouldn't do business with me. As far as I'm concerned all the Estate Agent needs is an ability to contact me, and unless he's planning on dropping round to my house, he doesn't need my home address. I have dealt with many Estate Agents either when buying, selling or renting properties out and I have never had the misfortune of dealing with one so unprofessional and unpleasant. I have dealt with Manns EAs before and have had good experiences. I hope Tim isn't a refection of the business's morals as they move into the future.

View All Comments (1)by Jhh85  25/04/2012

Will, My advice is that you look over the story of Suzy Lamplugh. I would never take anyone out viewing unless i have a full address. This is standard secruity. Jack
  98. 6

A 2-star review by 'Sunny' 3/4/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Hidden admin charges, charged £600 for reference, agreement & inventory check for unfurnished property. Please avoid Mann for renting, due to there charges.

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Be realistic in charges”

View All Comments (1)by jwed  18/07/2012

I'm sorry you feel this way, we do all we can to keep our customers happy. The landlord wanted an Inventory to be done, so unfourtunatley there was a check in cost that had to be added. This is an external cost to us.
  99. 3

A 1-star review by 'becky' 18/2/2012

Hayley danielle

Hayley danielle

i used country wide to find a property as i was living with my parents with a baby, i was suppose to move in to a house but the landlord pulled out last minute so i was in a situation to move back in to my mums. they showed me a propertie in south croydon and i took it because i was desperate, my life has seem to go down hill from there i could never get in or out of my front door with a buggy as the neighbors block me in and never answer the door . I also has strainge men in my garden over night and being on my own i was very frightend, it took the property management team 3 months to have... (read more)

100. 10

A 1-star review by 'unhappycustomer' 9/2/2012

Andrea King

Andrea King

MANN COUNTRYWIDE TRIED TO CHARGE US £600 IN AGENCY FEES TO LET A PROPERTY!
    THEN CLAIMED THEY SHOULD BE CHARGING US £800!
    DO NOT PAY THEIR EXTORTIONATE FEES, LOOK ELSEWHERE!

They were demanding: £150 tenancy agreement, £60 per person admin fee, £75 per person reference check, £170 inventory fee (despite the flat being unfurnished) = TOTAL £590 IN FEES! When we complained they were rude and lied saying they were cheaper than all other agents (yet in reality another agency was advertising the same property with fees of only £225!), and said we had to pay at least £500 fees or... (read more)

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3)
    View All Comments (3)by Andrea  22/03/2012

Absolute rubbish! tried to play us off against another agent and the landlord refused to accpet them as tenants. A copy of our comlaints procdure has been sent to these anonymous applicants, who we know as we never get complaints! but rather than follow our procdure they have sent abusive insults and spread lies. Fortunately we have documented evidence to back up everything they have said and done and wish them both luck for the future.
  101. 6

A 1-star review by 'esubbs' 12/1/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

All was fine when we first rented the property, however come to end the tenancy and that is where the problems begin. They had never provided us with the prescribed information, leaving our landlord in the position of potentially being sued and it took five phone calls, two weeks and many many lies (we don't have to provide it etc. etc.) before we got any details and they were still incomplete (we had to contact the DPS for the rest). We ended our tenancy on the 18th, our landlord gave written permission to them on the 20th and they then made excuse after excuse after excuse as to why they... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“The agent could have been honest with me. I apreciate there may be the odd problem from time to time and gave them more then enough chances to rectify any mistakes that were made. However, continual lies, bad attitude and a flagrant disregard for the laws governing their operation mean that I would never ever trust them again with anything, especially not something so important as my home.”

102. A 4-star review by 'Cathleen' 12/12/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I used Mann Countrywide to locate and rent out a property in the lewisham area. My agent was Sharon who was very helpful throughout the entire process. I would recomend anyone looking for a rental to use Mann, they were kind and informative throughout the whole process

103. A 5-star review by 'Harrison Jones' 30/11/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

While i was a student of Surrey University i used MANN Countrywide who helped me look for a property that was best suited for myself and 3friends. They found us a property within walking distance to the university at a very reasonable price. The Lettings team in the Guildford branch were very helpful in my property search available to help me with any questions that i had. I will defo be using them again

104. A 5-star review by 'Joyce' 27/11/2011

Andrea King, Emma

Andrea KingEmma

Superb service, me and 3 friends recently rented a house via the Mann lettings team in Guildford, the staff were really lovely to us from the first viewing right up to the move in day, they even took us to the property for a check in and ran through how the heating and hot water worked. Nothing has ever been too much trouble, Ive rented before through other Guildford agents but have nver had such good service before, Andrea, Emma, Alex and Chris were all fantastic, a big thanks to you all xxx

105. A 5-star review by 'James Coleburn' 27/11/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Mann lettings looked after the letting of my apartment, they found me a tenant within 3 days.during which time I found them to be a professional exceptionally well managed team, who gave me a service far superior to that previously provided by other Guildford agents. I strongly recommend this lettings team and in particular the lovely manager Andrea

106. 7

A 1-star review by 'Rebecca' 30/9/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I had a very bad experience with Mann Countrywide. I found a property to purchase through them and from the outset thought that the style adopted by the agents showing us round and eventually dealing with our offer was agressive and purely motivated by self interest. They failed to keep us informed of anything (at one point I had to actually go into the office and sit there and wait to speak to someone for them to actually let us know what was happening as they never returned calls) and they tended to get most things wrong. They also push their conveyancing service. As a practising lawyer I... (read more)

107. A 3-star review by 'BobG' 21/3/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was given a buyer with a track record of not completing sales. I was told by the manager that the buyer would complete given time, 11 months later he has not. The manager said that the best way was to put the price within a range and this would get a mid range offer. All offers after that were below the bottom of the price range. 3 reasons not to use Manns!

I wrote to the manager by email a week ago and to date have not had a reply. Par for the service I think.

108. 2

A 1-star review by 'Iamyourman' 8/3/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

We were interested in buying a house that was on the market with Mann, yet had to put ours on sale. Mann forcefully tried to convince us to put our own house on sale with them. They stated clearly that they would make things very difficult for us if we used another agency. As a result, we decided to pull out and the seller lost a prospective buyer. I would not want to sell my house with Mann Ashford Kent, as they seem only good at one thing: scaring buyers away!

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2)
    View All Comments (2)by Kelz1989  16/02/2012

when i read this is was thinking to my self ooh ashford branch sounds the same. we was very keen to purchase a house which was on the market with Mann. we was not kept informed of what was happening, ki made an offer which i was led to believe the offer had been forwarded on however the vendor wanted reassureance regarding a mortgage on our half, so we went into the branch and was bassically BULLIED and told because we wouldnt use their mortgage services things would be very difficult. We then found out our offer wasnt passed on untill gone 24HRS later! needless to say i was NOT going to be bullied and spend our hard earnt money with a bunch of bullies no matter how much we loved the house. Mann countrywide cost this vendor 2 buyers in one day! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!
  109. A 4-star review by 'eddie 78' 19/1/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Used the branch a second time and have been fast and polite in finding me a tenant. Got the full price as well and recommend me not take the first offer as they weren't convinced with quality.

110. A 5-star review by 'Bill' 17/1/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold two properties through them. They were efficient, positive and achieved good prices. Thank you.

111. 4

A 1-star review by 'rose' 12/1/2011

Branch:
    294 Woodham Lane (New Haw) (Addlestone) (Surrey)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I recently brought a property through Mann Countrywide from the Dartford, Kent branch. When showing the property, the negotiator was very polite. However, as first time buyers when we asked questions the negotiator did not know the answer too. Her response was, she'll call us back regarding the queries. This was left and forgotten. Brought a reprocessed property through them and completed. When visiting the property we realised we was not given keys for the window also as it is reprocessed the agent turned off the electricity, water and gas for safety reasons (which is understandable). Called... (read more)

112. 2

A 2-star review by 'kingadder' 1/1/2011

Branch:
    32 High Street Knaphill (Knaphill) (Surrey)

Not a good experience.
    3 viewings arranged and two no shows by them, crap brochure for a good property, one staff that sent threatening emails to exchange before searches complete.
    One helpful lady staff, but not much more to recommend. A shop window area full of empty adverts and properties put up twice is enough for me to not use them.

113. A 5-star review by 'hannahp' 18/12/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Very proactive staff who went out of their way to help me, Mark and Sam obviously have bundles of energy and seem really passionate about their job, thanks for all your help guys I really appreciated it. I will reccomend you to friends and family who want to rent.

114. 3

A 1-star review by 'MsShopper' 27/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

A big NO! Tried to buy a property from this agency - they've just wasted my time. Looks like this agency is trying to sell you the property and their mortgage too. If you already have your mortgage arranged, don't even bother contacting them - they will find 1 million reasons to say NO to you.
    The service was very poor too. Looks like those people don't know how to treat customer in a professional way.

My advice: stay away from this place!

115. 1

A 2-star review by 'Paul' 2/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I had my house on the market with a rival estate agent that did a hugely discounted fee (50%) off, but my house was not selling, so I called in MANN, they said that my house was under priced and they could sell it easily, so I reluctantly agreed to the

116. 1

A 1-star review by 'Logan5' 1/9/2010

Branch:
    49 Old Woking Road (West Byfleet) (Surrey)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Nice helpful lady Manager called Williams.Thats where it ended. Crap brochure and service from the rest. What the lady manager was doing working there I do not know!

117. A 5-star review by 'Iris' 21/8/2010

Branch:
    17 Salisbury Road (Totton) (Hampshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Seven weeks from start to finish, well done all the team at Totton branch. I am so impressed, I am now using them to sell my property in Devon.

118. A 5-star review by 'ljh' 9/5/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was selling my Mother's house, initially to pay for a care home but sadly she passed away before the house was sold and it became an executors sale. I chose Mann Countrywide as Chris, the manager, had excellent knowledge of the area and proposed marketing the house on an 'offers in excess of

119. A 2-star review by 'monkey' 2/3/2010

Branch:
    9 Grand Parade High Street (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

User 'monkey' rated Mann Countrywide but did not write a review.

120. 2

A 1-star review by 'MUG' 22/2/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

They kept me waiting nine months, telling excuses after excuses, trying to sell my flat only to find out that the people buying our flat never had a mortgage in the first place and that they were black listed and then to find out that our same branch were advertising their repossed proprety. We had to pay

121. A 2-star review by 'ELG' 3/2/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

User 'ELG' rated Mann Countrywide but did not write a review.

122. A 5-star review by 'dingdongmerrilyonhigh' 9/5/2009

Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold through Mann Countywide and I have found them extremely competent and helpful throughout the entire process. I thought I would write them up a good review as they were getting an awful lot of bad ones on here. Remember, people are only really likely to write a review if they have a bad experience; very much like those "How's My Driving" stickers - people rarely, if ever, ring them to compliment the driver, but only to complain. Moral of the story - Don't assume a few bad experiences in some offices is representational of the entire company.

123. A 5-star review by 'Pink Sue' 11/4/2009

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have just seen some comments regarding them and wanted to support the team that sold my home in Bognor Regis. Everybody there got to know me personally and they all cared about me and my situation. I would tell any of my friends to go to them in the future.

124. A 2-star review by 'Chaz86' 1/4/2009

Upload a reviwer profile image

Found a house through Mann & co and thought it would be good to use them to sell our flat. They are over priced, particulars were awful so I we haven't even sent them back - they haven't even chased for them. We have had viewings but we have to call and ask for feedback. The feedback is always the same story about someone having too many clothes for the bedroom. The final straw today was when I was asked to show someone round - they were surprised when I said no because I have a job. Can't wait for the contract to be up so I can use a decent estate agent!

View All Comments (1)by Dano  22/01/2011

I had the same problems with the Waterlooville branch. I used their superior service which was a complete waste of time, only had 4 viewings through them in 12 weeks with no feedback and also 3 of them were time wasters! Very rude staff and even asked me to show people round to which I refused so the viewers turned up and I had to show them round myself because the agent didn't turn up! Do not use this estate agents. Mann Countrywide you should be shut down!!! Lets hope the recession does this!
  125. 1

A 1-star review by 'Sally Cole' 13/11/2008

Upload a reviwer profile image

An office full of wannabe estate agent ametuers shouldn't be aloud to have the responsability for somebody's home. Arn't there exams that you should pass before you are allowed to deal with the most valuable object (most of us) ever buy?

View All Comments (1)by whenharryslappedsally  20/07/2011

surely the most valuable thing you buy are bangkok chick boys
  126. 1

A 1-star review by 'c.slade' 11/11/2008

Upload a reviwer profile image

We are still in contract to sell, but are wishing we had never bothered. Full of hot air, messed up viewings, no feedback, promises to ring back, but do not, still haven't got correct details yet. Horrendous charges, they are definitely not worth the hassle.

127. 1

A 1-star review by 'Karl Lewis' 19/9/2008

Upload a reviwer profile image

Chose Mann because of the 3 agents that we had shortlisted she seemed the most clued up. I had reservations that she was very good at saying the right things but in way that made me think she was experienced in knowing what to say - or what the cliente wanted to hear.

The first viewer was shown around by myself as they were too busy in the office. It turned out that he had a motorcycle business and was lead to believe that there was side access to the back garden. Whilst there is side access I would not even dream of trying to squeeze my motorbike through this impossible gap. When I spoke... (read more)

128. 1

A 1-star review by 'MisterKatz' 3/9/2008

Upload a reviwer profile image

When I was last looking for a new home, Mann Countrywide sent me some details for properties. When I said to them that I wasn't interested in one of the properties because it didn't look very nice from the outside, the response from the agent was "well, you won't be living on the outside".

Needless to say, I wouldn't give them the time of day now.

129. 1

A 5-star review by 'cheesecake' 15/1/2008

Upload a reviwer profile image

I chose Mann Countrywide to sell my property above another agent as they were so friendly and professional. They came with a list of people looking to buy the kind of property I was selling in that price bracket some of whom already had mortgages in principal. They also said how many people had hit on rightmove that week looking at properties in that price bracket. They were not the cheapest but they did the job. My property went on the market on the Saturday and by the Monday I had a full asking price offer. Some of this may have been luck but the rest of the sale went smoothly, it was the solicitors that caused a bit of anxiety at the end but it all went smoothly. This was in Kent.

130. A 5-star review by 'jan' 23/10/2007

Branch:
    17 Salisbury Road (Totton) (Hampshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After using Palmer Snell for letting and selling (they were next to useless) Mann Countrywide have been great keeping us informed emailing us and phoning us even though we are in Australia. Very freindly staff at their Adastral Road, Poole branch.

131. A 2-star review by 'cattie' 21/5/2007

Upload a reviwer profile image

How do these people manage to stay in business?

It's not a company I've ever liked to deal with, mainly because of their aggressive selling techniques concerning mortgages & insurance, plus trying to get you to view houses you're not really interested in.

But having sold my house & needing to register with all ea's in the area in my search for a new home I decided I'd have to include them. I called into the local branch this morning & was told by the only person in the office that I couldn't register as there was nobody there right now who could do this for me I don't know what she got... (read more)

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2)
    View All Comments (2)by Bob Wilson  28/06/2008

WHY?? It's unfortunate when other estate agent's feel they have to make up comments like these - the general public tend not to use specific agency terms of "ea's" meaning estate agents and "registration forms" when making their voice heard. Sad state of affairs when it resorts to this kind of pettiness. Bob Wilson
  132. 1

A 2-star review by 'danielbarker' 5/1/2006

Upload a reviwer profile image

We went with Mann & Co as we found a house we really liked through them. We thought they may work harder if we went through them, and oh so wrong were we. Firstly it took 8 days for them to write up the particulars for the house, and they failed to take any internal photos. I didn't mind paying a high commission as long as it was money worth spent. They do not have their own web site and in addition they only advertise on rightmove.com. It took 4 weeks for the house to get in the paper and in addition they only advertised in the local paper every two weeks despite a commission charge of

Page: