Mann Countrywide

Mann Countrywide

Agent rating: 3.8 out of 5.0 based on 286 ratings. This website contains 284 user reviews of Mann Countrywide.

• Mann Countrywide has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Mann Countrywide, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Overall Customer Rating

3.76 out of 5.00

• 199 recommend
  • 87 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Countrywide plc is the most successful estate agency and financial services group in the UK. Our company embraces the largest firm of estate agents, valuers, letting agents and conveyancers in the country.

Page last updated on: 27-May-2015 20:40:45

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. 1

Haydar Shubbar, Oscar Berriman-Branagan
    SE13
    Haydar ShubbarOscar Berriman-Branagan

I would highly recommend Mann to anyone. Haydar Shubbar was informative and reliable and we felt like we were in good hands from the first time we viewed a property with him. The whole team in Lewisham helped us to get the apartment we wanted and dealt with everything professionally and in as much detail as possible. I would definitely come back and use Mann again and I would like to thank Haydar, Scott and Oscar for their help. They were quick and made our move as smooth as possible which was brilliant.

2. 1

Scott Davis, Oscar Berriman-Branagan
    SE8
    Scott DavisOscar Berriman-Branagan

Agent Scott was precise and professional in answering our questions and provided us with the best service for our needs. Thank you very much for your help Scott!

Agent Oscar helped with the bureaucratic part. He was very friendly and professional at the same time. Thanks Oscar! Great team !!!

3. 5

Se13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both members of Mann were very accommodating. I was difficult to get hold of at times because of work commitments but with their patience they were able to find me a good resident to move into my property in just over 3hrs of dropping in the keys to them. Referencing came back positive and happy to say they are moving in, in the next couple of days.

Couldn't have been a smoother transaction. Very grateful to both members of staff.

Regards

4. 8

Scott Davis, Oscar Berriman-Branagan
    SE14
    £1200
    Scott DavisOscar Berriman-Branagan

As a Landlord I have used many agents over the years to let and manage my properties. Scott has managed two branched that I have dealt with and each time the service provided has been industry leading. They always deliver on promises, keeping voids to a minimum and make the process hassle free. I would recommend Scott and his team at Mann Countrywide Lewisham especially Oscar to any Landlord looking to let.

5. 7

Haydar Shubbar, Oscar Berriman-Branagan
    SE14
    Haydar ShubbarOscar Berriman-Branagan

Very good service. Prompt response and competent assistance. Provided flexible solutions to accommodate my needs. Replied to all my inquiries even during busy periods.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Lee Goodall, Natalie Parton
    SE26
    £235000
    Lee GoodallNatalie Parton
    Lee GoodallNatalie Parton

Lee was very friendly, asked us what our expectations were then summarized how he would advertise our property for sale. Natalie handled all viewing appointments and she recommended their conveyancing service, We were surprised at how many viewings there were and was always notified beforehand. We valued the feedback. I could speak to Lee and Natalie at any time during office hours. The agents and conveyancing team did an excellent job and handled the sale very well. We would happily recommend them to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 4 -star review by ''

Peter Piskov, Katherine Wells
    SE6
    £1200
    Peter Piskovno photo
    Peter PiskovKatherine Wells

My initial dealings with Peter were very professional. Peter is very knowledgeable in his field, very courteous, respectful and is a great first impresssion for the company.

Peter didn't hound me but provided me with the assurance that should i have any queries, he would go out of his way (even if he is on leave) to speak to me.

Once i decided to use Mann (as opposed to a competitor), i dealt mostly with Katie Wells who again, was on the ball, knew the status of my account and was always on hand to answer questions. Katie is also very friendly and has a great professional and courteous telephone manner.

Overall, Mann and Countrywide provided a good service which was the introduciton of the tenant, the checks, the tenancy agreeement, the inventory and other services and at a competitive price. I am very pleased with my choice of using Mann and Countrywide.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AWARE OF THIER COMPETITORS PRICES WHICH ENSURES A COMPETITIVE PRICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Beckenham) (Kent)
    Rebecca Courtman, James Smith
    BR3
    £1000
    no photoJames Smith
    Rebecca CourtmanJames Smith

Rebecca was very helpful with finding a nice place for me and my family.
    And James was very polite and help me with some documents I got issues with.
    Thank you for your service - will definitely recommend your branch to friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Hazel Henwood, Doug Treleven
    SE26
    Hazel HenwoodDoug Treleven
    Hazel HenwoodDoug Treleven

The whole process was proffessionally dealt with. Members of staff were courteous and friendly. Called them to give them a description of the type of property we were looking for and they didn't let us down.

Daniel Sarpong you have a great team there *****

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Scott Davis, Haydar Shubbar
    SE3
    Scott DavisHaydar Shubbar

Scott , Haydar, and Oscar provided an excellent service. They were professional, attentive, and very helpful in all my dealings with them.
    By far the best team of agents I have dealt with during my past 8 years of renting in London.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY HIGH (OVER £500), WOULD NOT NORMALLY WANT TO PAY THIS AMOUNT. HOWEVER, AT LEAST THE SERVICE PROVIDED WAS EXCELLENT SO WENT SOME WAY TOWARDS MATCHING THE HIGH COST.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Guy Marsh
    Se26
    £370000
    Guy Marsh

Mann were very good at responding to a very sudden decision to sell our property after finding our next property much quicker than we had expected. With a good knowledge of the local area, slightly more realistic valuations than other local agents, Mann sold our property in 10 days! Guy was a great support throughout the process, and a strong link between buyer and seller, making the process smooth and as stress free as possible. We would definitely use them again!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Stephanie Bence, Jo Hughes
    £435000
    no photono photo
    Stephanie BenceJo Hughes

Jo visited my home and got me to sign on with Mann Countrywide Sutton. My house had been on the market for three months prior with two other estate agents whose service was very poor. Jo was up front and honest with me. Everything was explained in detailed. She told me she had a dynamic team with her and she was right. One member of her team was Stephanie Bence. Words cannot describe this lady's enthusiasm and commitment to her job. She treated me with respect, was very patient with me and my numerous questions. She always follow up when she said she would. She is an outstanding member of the team. Jo and her team are very dedicated and for this I am thankful.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

SM4
    £1350
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

An amazing experience and all in my first dealings with Mann. I have previously used other local agents and assumed all agents are the same! I was very wrong, Victoria and Luarna are an exception and a credit. Honest, polite and knowledgeable my flat has a great tenant and i cannot fault the service i received.
    I will happily tell anyone to call Victoria and her team and use there service. You will not be disappointed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YOU PAY FOR A SERVICE AND THAT IS CERTAINLY WHAT I RECEIVED. VERY HAPPY”

14. 1

A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    127 London Road (North End) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    PO4
    Would you use the agent again? No

I am a tenant renting an apartment with MANN countrywide. The beginning of the process was very dissatisfactory and I am pleased that the property is not managed by this agency, because the communication was very difficult.

I went for a viewing of a very nice apartment that was, however, left in a very bad condition by the previous tenant. The agent reassured me that the place will be cleaned professionaly (including carpet cleaning) and that major issues that I named will be repaired. So I agreed and in a couple of weeks signed the contract.

To my surprise, when I arrived to the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£435000
    Stephanie Bence

Stephanie and Ben at Mann were extremely helpful throughout the process, particularly as I had a very tight timetable. Ben was great with my kids at the first viewing and Stephanie, who managed the purchase process, worked very hard (in particular when a couple of legal issues threatened to slow the whole process down) to get the sale over the line on time successfully. I'd certainly recommend Mann to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Scott Davis, Haydar Shubbar
    SE3
    Scott DavisHaydar Shubbar

I recently rented my property out with Mann using a fully managed service an to this point, they have been first class. I spoke to (and had rental valuations from) at least half a dozen separate agents. Mann prices were competitive, and Scott was the person I trusted most to let my property. I cannot yet comment on the post tenancy agreement service, but within 2 days of getting my property online, Mann had generated 4 separate offers. I would not hesitate to use them again.

“COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 1 -star review by ''

Lauren Willingale, Gill Goodall
    SE15
    no photono photo
    Lauren WillingaleGill Goodall

Our experience has been extremely poor.
    We dealt with Mann Countrywide to buy a property in Peckham. This property was advertised and presented as a lower ground floor flat with a garden. Only when our solicitor viewed the lease were we informed that the garden was not included. We incurred solicitors' fees on a misrepresented advertisement. Mann Countrywide refuse to pay compensation for these fees incurred.
    This estate agent must treat buyers fairly. We will now have to proceed through The Property Ombudsman Service to seek a fair resolution. We have lost time and we have been messed about for a total of 4 months!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    14 Market Street (Dartford) (Kent)
    da1
    Timothy Knight

tim was veyr helpful ,efficient and am very pleased that i gave him my property to manage.It was coming up to Bank holiday so time was of the essense however he managed to get things done .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 4 -star review by ''

£250000

Dear Stephanie,
    This is just a note to say thank you for everything you've done for us to buy the property. You would reply us immediately if we have any queries, if you need to post or email anything you would do it immediately. Overall you and Mann Countrywide team has been simply wonderful. I would recommend this agency to all the people I know. Thank you once again for all your hard work.
    Regards,
    Mrs and Mr Ramesh

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

£250000

Dear Stephanie,
    Regards,
    Mrs and Mr Ramesh

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Bromley) (Kent)
    Andrea Clarke
    BR1
    £1000
    Andrea Clarke

Andrea & her team have re-let an investment flat on renewal on 3 occasions securing an improved rent each time. They are responsive, professional & helpful. They do a much more thorough job of evaluating prospective tenants than the previous agent I used. I intend using them for future lets based on this highly effective performance.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE DISCUSS & AGREE A FEE FOR EACH APPOINTMENT WHICH ARE GENERALLY REASONABLE.”

23. View All Comments (1)by Lauren  15/04/2015

Thank you so much for your kind review, we are glad that you have been generally pleased with the service you have received. We do strive to set ourselves apart from other agents, especially when it comes to securing the best tenants for the property and the best rental price for the current market!
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Doug Treleven, Hazel Henwood
    se20
    £1350
    Doug TrelevenHazel Henwood
    Doug TrelevenHazel Henwood

Excellent Customer Service. Doug was very helpful in securing the Let. Very friendly & informative.
    Dan was very helpful in chasing paper work at the second stage. Also helpful & friendly

Hazel was great at ensuring all the detalis were correct at move in time.
    Altogether we were very happy with the service.
    Thank you Sydenham branch!

“FEES ARE A BIT HIGH!”

25. 1

SM2
    £465000
    Jo Hughes

I would never use another agent again! I have bought and sold a few properties over the years and used most of the agents in Sutton at one point or another. Jo and her team are in another league. Truly outstanding. Friendly and professional right from the get go.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 1 -star review by ''

se13
    Would you use the agent again? No

I used Mann Countrywide for a year while I worked overseas. The customer serice they gave me was terrible, and caused me a lot of stress. The list of errors that they made was long, but some of the bigger issues were:

- I instructed them to carry out an inventory and check in, which they told me had been arranged, and which they charged me for. In fact this was never carried out, and had I needed to claim any funds from damage caused by the tenants it would have been next to impossible.
    - On four occasions they charged me for fees for work that had been neither requested nor carried out. In... (read more)

27. 1

sm2
    £142500
    Jo Hughes

I recently bought a property with mann and although the seller was a nightmare Joe and her team couldn't of been more helpful and more importantly patient. I honestly believe if any other agent had been dealing with this sale I wouldn't have a home to live in.
    I look forward to using mann in future and will only ever go to them for future business.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY FAIR FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT THAT I RECEIVED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. How much is my property worth?

29. 2

Branch:
    1 Manse Parade (London Road) (Swanley) (Kent)
    Sarah Walker, Gary Steadman
    BR8
    Sarah WalkerGary Steadman
    Sarah WalkerGary Steadman

Mann Lettings in Swanley arranged a tenancy in the above property owned by myself and my Brother. From my meeting with Gary at the property to discuss the potential letting to the excellent work carried out by Sarah arranging the tenancy, saftey testing etc it has been an excellent experience. Gary's custmer focus and positive approach really impressed me. I would like to quote an example of the contrast in approach between Gary and a rival who came to the property. When Gary saw the smallest bedroom in the house he said what a great sized single room. The rival's agent said about the same... (read more)

30. View All Comments (1)by Gary Steadman  30/03/2015

Thank you very much for your comments. The whole team at Swanley is genuinely looking forward to managing your property and working alongside you in the forthcoming and future tenancies. Your fantastic comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to offer this review.
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    71 High Street (Sidcup) (Kent)
    David Alexander, Dharminder Sahota
    SE9
    £1250
    David AlexanderDharminder Sahota
    David AlexanderDharminder Sahota

This is the second time I have asked David to rent out my property. Both times he found a suitable tenant quickly and secured a good market rental. The backup service has been efficient and very thorough, I would be happy to recommend David and Dharminder to other landlords.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    71 High Street (Sidcup) (Kent)
    DA15
    £800
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The agent processed my application very quickly. Within a week of viewing, I had the keys and had signed the tenancy agreement. The agents were friendly, trustworthy and professional and they kept me informed throughout the whole process.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL THAT IT\'S QUITE EXPENSIVE AND SHOULD BE LESS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Beckenham) (Kent)
    James Smith, Rebecca Courtman
    BR3
    £900
    James Smithno photo
    James SmithRebecca Courtman

I signed up with Mann in early February 2015 for full management of a one bedroom rental flat I own in Beckenham. James Smith and his colleagues (including Rebecca Courtman and Scott Matthews) did a great job getting it rented out for me.

James gave me very competitive terms, and was so efficient with his marketing that he'd found me tenants within 24 hours of the property first being advertised. He's also very knowledgeable about lettings and the local area, and gave me useful, practical advice throughout the process. The team have also dealt with all my queries and requests promptly, and have been easy to reach at all times - thoroughly recommended.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    43 High Street (Redhill) (Surrey)
    Matthew Dodington
    RH1
    £945
    Matthew Dodington

Earlier this month, I had a problem with the washing machine in my rented flat and after to speaking to Matthew, the issue was resolved in a timely and orderly fashion with a replacement machine sent a couple of days later. I have benefited from Matthew's excellent service, professional advice & friendly support.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Bromley) (Kent)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Br5
    Would you use the agent again? No

We went to the office paid down our holding deposit after problems with other agents and was told again the property was ours and yet again have been let down less than 24 hrs. Our family is going to be homeless in less than 2 weeks. This was after landlord and Russell instructed us to give notice

36. View All Comments (1)by Lauren  09/03/2015

Hi Mr and Mrs Shepherd, I apologise that you had a bad experience with our agent. As was discussed with you when you paid your deposit, we were under the impression from the landlord that the property was still available and that they were happy for us to find tenants. Unfortunately some events are out of our control, such as the landlord's decision of which tenant to accept. We did try our up most to secure the property for you, even after firm objection from the landlord. We also endeavored to find you alternative accommodation through our other branches within your search area, and immediately ensured you received a full refund of your holding deposit.
  37. A 5 -star review by ''

BR1
    Peter Piskov

Peter was always really professional and found tenants very quickly. I recommend him. Mann also seems to have all the systems in place to deliver good quality service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“INVENTORY IS A BIT EXPENSIVE AND I DON\'T SEE ANY REASON FOR A RE-RENT FEE.”

38. 1

Branch:
    1 Manse Parade (London Road) (Swanley) (Kent)
    matthew doddington
    da4
    £1
    matthew doddington

I have found Matthew Doddington extremely diligent and helpful in dealings with him as the management company. He quickly grasped my issues and directives.

“ACCEPTABLE DEAL.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  39. A 5 -star review by ''

se12
    Peter Piskov

I had a great service from the agent. The rent evaluation was done throughly, agent on time and received good advice overall regarding the state of the house and not the least the various letting services that you provide. Thank you very much!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  40. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    14 Market Street (Dartford) (Kent)
    DA1
    £775
    Amy Cook

My entire experience with Amy was an absolute pleasure. From day of viewing to handing over keys she was informative, friendly and proffesional. She kept me updated regularly throughout the whole process. This being my first home I was very nervous however Amy was very supportive and made me feel like everything was in safe hands.

An assett to the team and I would not hesitate to contact Amy for other properties etc in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads

How much is my property worth?

Page: