Mann Countrywide

Mann Countrywide

Agent rating: 3.8 out of 5.0 based on 304 ratings. This website contains 302 user reviews of Mann Countrywide.

• Mann Countrywide has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Mann Countrywide, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 1304 out of 14303 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

3.77 out of 5.00

• 212 recommend
  • 92 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Countrywide plc is the most successful estate agency and financial services group in the UK. Our company embraces the largest firm of estate agents, valuers, letting agents and conveyancers in the country.

Page last updated on: 28-Jul-2015 09:10:06

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 11)

1. 1

Branch:
    1 Thomas Street (Woolwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Se28
    £1150
    Would you use the agent again? No

We found the service of the lettings department to be aweful and we had a terrible and stressful experience.
    We had let our property out with Mann countrywide for 2 years, and throughout the 2 years have had 4 rouge tenants, which damaged our property or not pay rent. Furthermore, the last tenants removed our furnishings without our consent, stating that it was the agents that had allowed them to do so.
    After many emails we still have not had an answer as to why this happened. Not only we are out of pocket but the flat was left in a state.
    We now let our property out through a... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“When an email was wrote to the company asking for answers as to how and why certain things were approved without our permission, they didn't give us a straight answer. We also wanted compensation for the items of furniture removed. Giving us a something free for the next tenancy sign up is an insult as We will NEVER use them again. And would NEVER recommend them to anybody we know.”

2. 1

SE13
    Haydar Shubbar

I would highly recommend Mann to anyone. Haydar Shubbar was informative and reliable and we felt like we were in good hands from the first time we viewed a property with him. The whole team in Lewisham helped us to get the apartment we wanted and dealt with everything professionally and in as much detail as possible. I would definitely come back and use Mann again and I would like to thank Haydar, Scott and Oscar for their help. They were quick and made our move as smooth as possible which was brilliant.

3. 1

SE8
    Scott Davis

Agent Scott was precise and professional in answering our questions and provided us with the best service for our needs. Thank you very much for your help Scott!

Agent Oscar helped with the bureaucratic part. He was very friendly and professional at the same time. Thanks Oscar! Great team !!!

4. 5
    people found this

Se13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both members of Mann were very accommodating. I was difficult to get hold of at times because of work commitments but with their patience they were able to find me a good resident to move into my property in just over 3hrs of dropping in the keys to them. Referencing came back positive and happy to say they are moving in, in the next couple of days.

Couldn't have been a smoother transaction. Very grateful to both members of staff.

Regards

5. 8
    people found this

SE14
    £1200
    Scott Davis

As a Landlord I have used many agents over the years to let and manage my properties. Scott has managed two branched that I have dealt with and each time the service provided has been industry leading. They always deliver on promises, keeping voids to a minimum and make the process hassle free. I would recommend Scott and his team at Mann Countrywide Lewisham especially Oscar to any Landlord looking to let.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Katherine Wells, Peter Piskov
    SE12
    £1
    no photoPeter Piskov
    Katherine WellsPeter Piskov

I have been tremendously impressed by Mann & Co and their team at Catford. Both Katie and Peter offered an excellent service resulting in my property being let within 72 hours of being placed on the market with the tenants moving in 7 days later. Throughout the process Katie and Peter kept me well informed, provided copies of the references taken and assisted me throughout the entire process. Their rates were competitive and I would have no hesitation in recommending their services to other prospective landlords.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Peter Piskov, Katherine Wells
    SE12
    £1000
    Peter Piskovno photo
    Peter PiskovKatherine Wells

I worked with both Peter and Katie from Mann while I decided to rent my property. Peter was polite and professional while showing the prospective tenants around my property and he kept me fully informed of the decisions made post the viewings. Post the viewings Peter gave me all the information I required in order to get my property organised for the new tenants and kept us both abreast of the move in dates and any additional information we required.
    Katie was also polite and professional while working with me to get all the appropriate paperwork organised for my property. She was informative and helpful when I had questions around the specifics.
    I would recommend working with Mann and particularly Peter and Katie if anyone needs to rent their property or are prospective tenants.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Katherine Wells, Peter Piskov
    SE6
    £2000
    no photoPeter Piskov
    Katherine WellsPeter Piskov

The customer service that Miss Wells delivered was excellent.
    She was quick, professional and organised from the moment of my initial consultation to completion. At all times she displayed a can-do

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Bromley) (Kent)
    Natalie Walker, Andrea Clarke
    BR2
    Natalie WalkerAndrea Clarke

Very good in communications and providing details on time. Commited on what they say and show.
    Feeling good to had deal with them. All happened and provided with in the timeline they given to me.

Thank you very much once again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“A BIT EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHERS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Haydar Shubbar, Scott Davis
    se13
    £1550
    Haydar ShubbarScott Davis

They were both excellent in terms of finding tenants and following the remit I provided for the type of tenant I wanted. Communication was great and they kept me informed every week even if there was no news. I would work with them again. All paperwork was done swiftly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Haydar Shubbar, Scott Davis
    SE13
    £1550
    Haydar ShubbarScott Davis

Both staff members (Haydar Shubarr and Scott Davis) have been excellent so far. They have been really helpful with any kind of queries and always responded either to our e mails or phone calls immediately.
    They have explained the process of renting, contracts, deposits clearly a fact that is relatively important as we have only been in the UK for 2 years and our experience with other agencies hasn't been the best. We really hope this partner ship will go on as smoothly as it started. A big Thank you to both Haydar and Scott for their help so far and also to the agency for hiring fully qualified staff members.
    Kind regards.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I AM SATISFIED WITH THE WAY THE AGENCY OPERATES BUT I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THE FEES WERE EXPENSIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    35a High Street (Haslemere) (Haslemere) (Surrey)
    kimberley Sanford-Patten, Pebbles Latham
    GU27
    £430000
    kimberley Sanford-PattenPebbles Latham

After much deliberation we decided to use Mann Countrywide as we had previously purchased the property through them and had had excellent service and I have to say Kimberley and her team outdid all my expectations. As we live in Australia we were extremely concerned about being so far away during this process but the whole team not only got us a better sale price than anticipated but also went to great lengths to make sure we were kept in the loop every step of the way. Any hiccups during the process were handled promptly and professionally. As the property had been previously tenanted they liaised with our management team and whilst the property was empty made regular checks on it giving us complete peace of mind. The personal customer service you get from the team at Haslemere is worth its weight in gold and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    150 High Street (Rochester) (Rochester) (Kent)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    jill
    co4
    jill

I spoke to Jill at one Rochester branches. Both times i rang with inquiries , her manner and tone of her voice was very obnoious and bland. Look at the website. No interest in you as a human being and your situation,. Spoken to a number of different companies. They were happy and egar to help. Did not enjoy the service at all. No personal skills!!! That is her job to be personable. Thanks

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Asked my position, what i was interested in buying. At the very least!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Sarah Walker, Lauren Hills
    BR8
    Sarah Walkerno photo
    Sarah WalkerLauren Hills

We have had the best service from this branch especially from Sarah Walker, she is really one in a million. Always willing to listen and also quick to assist you with any complications. I would really recommend this agency in Swanley as the team at this branch delivers exceptional service at all times. Well done guys I would give you a 10 out of 10.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 4 -star review by ''

Gary Steadman, Sarah Walker
    DA1
    £650
    Gary SteadmanSarah Walker
    Gary SteadmanSarah Walker

I feel that both Sarah and Gary are great in managing my property. I trust them with their expert opinion and they steer me in the right direction with any queries or issues that I have.
    I have been using Mann and Co for 2 years and I will continue to use them in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Sarah Walker, Amy Cook
    BR8
    £950
    Sarah WalkerAmy Cook
    Sarah WalkerAmy Cook

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to both Amy Cook and Sarah Walker for helping me find the perfect property to rent for me and my daughter. They were both really helpful and told me all the information I needed to know as this was my first time letting on my own, They worked around me and my job and made the letting process very easy and straight forward.

I would highly recommend Mann Countrywide for any one looking to rent a property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Sarah Walker, Unknown
    da2
    £950
    Sarah Walkerno photo
    Sarah Walker Unknown

Both Lauren and Sarah are absolute stars!! Even though our first application didn't go through they both did all they could to help and were on the phone to us every day. I would definitely use them again!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Lauren Hills, Gary Steadman
    DA17
    £850
    no photoGary Steadman
    Lauren HillsGary Steadman

Extremely pleased & impressed with the service I receive from MANN Swanley Branch. All staff members are polite, co-operative & dilient. They already manage two properties for me, and with the current level of service excellence I will have no hesitation to offer them to market another property for me in October 2015.

Keep up all the good work!

20. 1

Branch:
    79 Castle Street (Canterbury) (Kent)
    CT2
    Would you use the agent again? No

A total shambles and a dishonest agent, I'd rather buy a tent than go through another year of renting through them.
    I'll list the worst three faults
    1) Letting tradesmen have keys who would just turn up and enter the property without notice.
    2) Damp and the garden that resembled a building site mentioned the first week numerous times since and only the garden was fixed a week before the tenancy ended, the damp is still there.
    3) Tenancy allowed to start even after one party could provide no guarantor, Mann's were then supposed to take 12 months rent before allowing it to start unbeknown to the other tenants or guarantors they took six months, then sent threatening letters out to the other tenants and guarantors demanding they pay the other six months.
    This firm is a total shambles

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 St. Johns Road (Hedge End) (Hampshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Mike Manager
    so30
    £150000
    Mike Manager

We saw the property and loved it. Ideal location for us: close to our son's primary school, my husband's work and my work. We made an offer and was ACCEPTED!!!. We find a good mortgage rate with an independent broker, we paid the lawyer fees and the survey fee to the bank, which we received with satisfactory results. The same day we went to the Estate Agency to sign and exchange contracts the manager of Mann Countrywide at Hedge End's branch, MIKE WHATEVER, told us something that unexpectedly would change our lives, and not in a positive way: "Someone had made a better offer and had been... (read more)

What could Mann Countrywide do to change your mind??

“Mike should be less arrogant, and less aggressive. Instead he should practise to be honest, moral, and ethical. He treats with people and whether he likes it or not affects people's life. Before he acts like a nasty person thinking about money, he should think how would he feel being treated the way he treats others.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 1 -star review by ''

Gary Steadman, matthew doddington
    da1
    Gary Steadmanno photo
    Gary Steadmanmatthew doddington

Absolutely appalling shocking letting agent, neglected from the moment they took my money. A constant case of buck passing, not my job or 'I'm off early for the weekend' excuses. No timely responses to any matter. Absolutely no sense of property management or customer service - your property could burn down and they wouldn't even bat an eyelid. Never use these people!

Throughout my tenancy I have had to deal with oven not working, mould and rising damp which has never been addressed satisfactorily, holes in the roof - we had to call out environmental health before the agency would react. And now a boiler that has needed attention for some time.

“Their job!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15 Locks Heath Centre (Southampton) (Greater London)
    Daniel Bush
    SO19
    £2200
    Daniel Bush

Having secured a very good tenant for our property over 6 months ago on a two year Tenancy Agreement, we needed Mann Countrywide's assistance to make some changes to the Agreement so as secure some re-funding on our property. The Lettings Manager Daniel Bush, who originally secured the tenancy, was extremely helpful and more importantly, positive in his approach which ensured we obtained the changes required without the tenants position being compromised.

Dan's practical way forward to resolve the problem and his can do approach was refreshing in an era when obstacles are usually used as an excuse not to help customers and clients. Well done Dan.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Lee Goodall, Natalie Parton
    SE26
    £235000
    Lee GoodallNatalie Parton
    Lee GoodallNatalie Parton

Lee was very friendly, asked us what our expectations were then summarized how he would advertise our property for sale. Natalie handled all viewing appointments and she recommended their conveyancing service, We were surprised at how many viewings there were and was always notified beforehand. We valued the feedback. I could speak to Lee and Natalie at any time during office hours. The agents and conveyancing team did an excellent job and handled the sale very well. We would happily recommend them to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 4 -star review by ''

Peter Piskov, Katherine Wells
    SE6
    £1200
    Peter Piskovno photo
    Peter PiskovKatherine Wells

My initial dealings with Peter were very professional. Peter is very knowledgeable in his field, very courteous, respectful and is a great first impresssion for the company.

Peter didn't hound me but provided me with the assurance that should i have any queries, he would go out of his way (even if he is on leave) to speak to me.

Once i decided to use Mann (as opposed to a competitor), i dealt mostly with Katie Wells who again, was on the ball, knew the status of my account and was always on hand to answer questions. Katie is also very friendly and has a great professional and courteous telephone manner.

Overall, Mann and Countrywide provided a good service which was the introduciton of the tenant, the checks, the tenancy agreeement, the inventory and other services and at a competitive price. I am very pleased with my choice of using Mann and Countrywide.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AWARE OF THIER COMPETITORS PRICES WHICH ENSURES A COMPETITIVE PRICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Beckenham) (Kent)
    Rebecca Courtman, James Smith
    BR3
    £1000
    no photoJames Smith
    Rebecca CourtmanJames Smith

Rebecca was very helpful with finding a nice place for me and my family.
    And James was very polite and help me with some documents I got issues with.
    Thank you for your service - will definitely recommend your branch to friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Hazel Henwood, Doug Treleven
    SE26
    Hazel HenwoodDoug Treleven
    Hazel HenwoodDoug Treleven

The whole process was proffessionally dealt with. Members of staff were courteous and friendly. Called them to give them a description of the type of property we were looking for and they didn't let us down.

Daniel Sarpong you have a great team there *****

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Scott Davis, Haydar Shubbar
    SE3
    £1400
    Scott DavisHaydar Shubbar

Scott , Haydar, and Oscar provided an excellent service. They were professional, attentive, and very helpful in all my dealings with them.
    By far the best team of agents I have dealt with during my past 8 years of renting in London.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY HIGH (OVER £500), WOULD NOT NORMALLY WANT TO PAY THIS AMOUNT. HOWEVER, AT LEAST THE SERVICE PROVIDED WAS EXCELLENT SO WENT SOME WAY TOWARDS MATCHING THE HIGH COST.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Guy Marsh
    Se26
    £370000
    Guy Marsh

Mann were very good at responding to a very sudden decision to sell our property after finding our next property much quicker than we had expected. With a good knowledge of the local area, slightly more realistic valuations than other local agents, Mann sold our property in 10 days! Guy was a great support throughout the process, and a strong link between buyer and seller, making the process smooth and as stress free as possible. We would definitely use them again!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Stephanie Bence, Jo Hughes
    SM1
    £435000
    Stephanie BenceJo Hughes

Jo visited my home and got me to sign on with Mann Countrywide Sutton. My house had been on the market for three months prior with two other estate agents whose service was very poor. Jo was up front and honest with me. Everything was explained in detailed. She told me she had a dynamic team with her and she was right. One member of her team was Stephanie Bence. Words cannot describe this lady's enthusiasm and commitment to her job. She treated me with respect, was very patient with me and my numerous questions. She always follow up when she said she would. She is an outstanding member of the team. Jo and her team are very dedicated and for this I am thankful.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

SM4
    £1350
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

An amazing experience and all in my first dealings with Mann. I have previously used other local agents and assumed all agents are the same! I was very wrong, Victoria and Luarna are an exception and a credit. Honest, polite and knowledgeable my flat has a great tenant and i cannot fault the service i received.
    I will happily tell anyone to call Victoria and her team and use there service. You will not be disappointed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YOU PAY FOR A SERVICE AND THAT IS CERTAINLY WHAT I RECEIVED. VERY HAPPY”

33. 1

Branch:
    127 London Road (North End) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    PO4
    Would you use the agent again? No

I am a tenant renting an apartment with MANN countrywide. The beginning of the process was very dissatisfactory and I am pleased that the property is not managed by this agency, because the communication was very difficult.

I went for a viewing of a very nice apartment that was, however, left in a very bad condition by the previous tenant. The agent reassured me that the place will be cleaned professionaly (including carpet cleaning) and that major issues that I named will be repaired. So I agreed and in a couple of weeks signed the contract.

To my surprise, when I arrived to the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Stephanie Bence
    SM1
    £435000
    Stephanie Bence

Stephanie and Ben at Mann were extremely helpful throughout the process, particularly as I had a very tight timetable. Ben was great with my kids at the first viewing and Stephanie, who managed the purchase process, worked very hard (in particular when a couple of legal issues threatened to slow the whole process down) to get the sale over the line on time successfully. I'd certainly recommend Mann to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Scott Davis, Haydar Shubbar
    SE3
    £1400
    Scott DavisHaydar Shubbar

I recently rented my property out with Mann using a fully managed service an to this point, they have been first class. I spoke to (and had rental valuations from) at least half a dozen separate agents. Mann prices were competitive, and Scott was the person I trusted most to let my property. I cannot yet comment on the post tenancy agreement service, but within 2 days of getting my property online, Mann had generated 4 separate offers. I would not hesitate to use them again.

“COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    14 Market Street (Dartford) (Kent)
    da1
    Timothy Knight

tim was veyr helpful ,efficient and am very pleased that i gave him my property to manage.It was coming up to Bank holiday so time was of the essense however he managed to get things done .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads

How much is my property worth?

Page: