Maitlands Sales and Lettings

Maitlands Sales and Lettings

Agent rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 477 ratings. This website contains 477 user reviews of Maitlands Sales and Lettings.

• Maitlands Sales and Lettings has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Maitlands Sales and Lettings, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 37 out of 14308 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.78 out of 5.00

• 469 recommend
  • 8 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Maitlands is an award-winning, independent estate agency with offices in Saltash, Ivybridge, Plympton and Plymouth.

At Maitlands we pride ourselves on the quality of our service and going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every client. With dedicated sales, lettings and commercial property teams, we can cater for all aspects of buying, selling, letting or renting. Our teams can help you with the whole moving process, from arranging a mortgage, talking about the Help to Buy Scheme through to conveyancing and removals.

Page last updated on: 03-Aug-2015 01:56:56

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 16)

1. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

£460000
    Natalie Eller

I have never come across a better Estate agent than Natalie Eller. We had a really troublesome purchase (due to our mortgage company) and Natalie managed to hold it all together for us. She is so positive and helpful. Even now we have moved in she offers to pop over and help find the stop clock!
    The rest of the team have been very helpful but Natalie stands out. I would recommend her as Estate Agent of the Year.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Aww Claire that is such a lovely review about Natalie from our Ivybridge office. It really does make us have a great degree of job satisfaction when our customers recognise our efforts and appreciate what we do. As an independent firm with strong family values we pride ourselves on trying to ensure we offer the best personal service we can every single time but we do this as a matter of course so when we receive praise it really is the cherry on the cake. Thank you very much and all the very best from Natalie and the team at Maitland's
  2. FEATURED REVIEW

£675
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were first time renters and Maitland's were very helpful in providing potential properties to rent within our budget. Upon selecting a property to rent they were very efficient when giving us a tour of the property. After selecting the property to rent it was very easy going. Maitland's took care of everything and they were very detailed in what we needed to know.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant Amy thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with the lettings team as a tenant. Finding a rental property can be like finding a needle in a haystack so its great to hear we were able to place you with the right property and guide you through the letting process. Please let us know if you require any further help as we are always on hand. Warmest Regards Maitland's
  3. FEATURED REVIEW

£163000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We purchased a property through Maitlands Ivybridge. There was clear communication at all stages of the purchase process. The team regularly allowed us access to the property at various stages throughout the sale process, being punctual arriving at viewings and prompt answering any queries we raised. We also used a financial advisor and solicitor recommended by Maitlands both recommendations were sound and we were very pleased with the service provided by both. All in all great service and we would be happy to use Maitlands again.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant review thank you very much from Ivybridge and the Maitland's team. It sounds like you had a great experience during your purchase which is fantastic to hear. Its also wonderful to hear that you were happy with the service levels received from the financial advisor and solicitor. We are of course on hand at any time whether now or in the future if we can assist with anything further. Warm Regards from Maitlands
  4. FEATURED REVIEW

TQ10
    £365000
    David Turnbull

David Turnbull made the valuation, took photographs and prepared the sales details, at all times with good manners and humour. Somebody from the agents always accompanied prospective buyers and provided me with feedback after the visits. Once the sale was agreed, Maitlands kept me abreast of the progress regarding exchange of contracts and completion date.

At all times I was confident the Maitlands had my best interest at heart and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective seller.

View All Comments (1)by julie.haimes@maitlands.biz  30/09/2014

Thank you very much Martyn for your lovely comments and reviews. We really do pride ourselves as a company on ensuring communication is consistent throughout the process whilst trying our best to ensure we offer the best customer service experience every time. Your move is important to us and to hear that you would recommend us to others is the best feedback we could ask for so thank you again. Wishing you all the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitlands
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Alex Jennings

The house I was buying turned out to be at the bottom of a very tricky chain with all sorts of problems, but Maitlands worked very hard to sort out the problems with the properties further up the chain and kept me informed of progress. The purchase took nearly 5 months but I would highly recommend Maitlands and Alex in particular for persistence and a final successful outcome :) I even received a pack of goodies with the keys, which was much appreciated as never had anything like that before from any other agent as a buyer.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  29/10/2014

Thank you very much Helen. Alex is really pleased that you took the time to share your feedback. Tricky chains often occur unfortunately but its great to hear that we were able to assist you and eventually get you moved into your new property. We trust that you are now settling in well. Also really glad you liked your moving bag we like to think that it comes in useful on moving day. All the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitland's
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Natalie Eller, Claire Vincent
    £220000
    Natalie EllerClaire Vincent

We chose Maitlands to sell our house. From the offset, Natalie came across as the most professional of those we looked at. It was one of the best investment that we made during our sale and purchase, with the property selling within 2 days. Natalie was professional at all times and always kept us up to date regarding the sale and purchase. She also helped follow up regarding our solicitor to ensure the momentum was sustained and that we exchanged and completed on time. Maitlands suggested an open house and this worked well. They gauged the market really well and ensured that we got a good price for our property. We were always given very sound advice throughout the process. When Natalie was not available, Claire was an able deputy and ensured information was passed on. All in all, a very stress free process. We would not hesitate to recommend Maitlands to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EVEN THOUGH THE FEES WERE STANDARD AND COMPETITIVE, THEY WERE EXPENSIVE BUT IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

pl5
    £895
    Sharlotte Rapson

Both Gemma and Sharlotte kept me up to date with all viewings and feedback on my property they informed me at every stage. The helped me with the whole process as I have not let a property before in this way. They assisted me to complete necessary forms and guided me with such things as: where to place the deposit etc. I have been very pleased with the service that was offered to me.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE IN LINE WITH OTHER AGENTS AND I RECEIVED AN EXCELLENT SERVICE THEREFORE I AM HAPPY WITH THE FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Gemma Clifton, Debbie Prentice
    pl1
    £450
    Gemma CliftonDebbie Prentice
    Gemma CliftonDebbie Prentice

2 Years ago I bought our apartment from Maitlands and the service was excellent. I received a lovely welcome gift on moving in from Charlie. Because of this positive experience I was pleased to look at a flat to rent advertised by Maitlands for a family member.
    The whole experience was positive and professional and as maitlands are the managing agent for the flat I feel quite sure things will continue to run smoothly in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Alex Jennings, Clare Biddlecombe
    pl12
    £270000
    Alex JenningsClare Biddlecombe

Maitlands. They came, they sold and helped us all the way! From the beginning Alex impressed us, he valued the property appropriately and listened to our needs in our search for a new property (although we ended up buying from another agent). He was always upbeat and positive even when we weren't and he saw the whole process through with us. There were issues along the way especially with the solar panels on our property and our buyers mortgage company. They swiftly stepped up and helped our buyer, which at this point we would like to thank Barry the mortgage advisor at Maitlands for his help. We all learnt a lot about solar panels! All of the team, Alex, Claire, Sophie, Robyn were very patient with our constant phone calls at a stressful time. Thank you guys!

“FAIR PRICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Gemma Clifton, Sharlotte Rapson
    Pl9
    £650
    Gemma CliftonSharlotte Rapson
    Gemma CliftonSharlotte Rapson

Very helpful, good response to emails. Was a great help when had a problem with getting keys for a sofa delivery. Overall cant complain!

11. View All Comments (1)by Helen  27/07/2015

Thank you Kelly for your comments. It is pleasing to read about your experience.
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

PL2
    £545
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma Clifton

Everything from the girls above was awesome. Very polite, courteous, and helpful with all my needs for my new tenancy. I felt extremely comfortable in dealing with sharlotte over the phone or email, and Gemma was outstanding at the first viewing. Gave me lots of information and was extremely helpful.
    My only criticism is of the hand over. The items I recieved were not working and on a Friday at 5.30 apparently wasn't my problem. I had a brief call with Helen and she was rather rude. I did explain I was on the phone to npower dealing with my unfunctional key, and had to be brief on the return... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“BRILLIANT PRICE FOR A PROFESSIONAL SERVICE”

13. View All Comments (1)by Helen  27/07/2015

Dear Rob. Thank you for your comments about Sharlotte and Gemma. We appreciate your feedback. We believe your issues has now been resolved by Helen and the team. We hope you enjoy your new home.
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Sharlotte Rapson, Robyn Ball
    Sharlotte RapsonRobyn Ball
    Sharlotte RapsonRobyn Ball

We have recently bought two Buy to Let properties from Maitlands and they have quickly found tenants for both of them. All the staff we have dealt with have been exceptionally pleasant and professional and we would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£220000
    Alex Jennings

The team at Maitlands where very helpful and would recommend them to friends. Thank you all for all your hard work and finding us are new home.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Many thanks for excellent service throughout the process from searching properties, viewing, referencing etc right up to those little bits of snagging that come with moving home. I would most certainly recommend Maitlands for anyone looking for a rental property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

pl7
    £230000
    Tommy Newman

I have just bought a house from Maitlands Estate Agency in Plympton. The staff are very professional and helpful.I would highly recommend
    Maitlands Estate Agency and in particular Tommy. I was relocating from over 300 miles away so potentially this could have been a very complex house move.However , Tommy fully understood my situation and requirements. He quickly found me a suitable property. Tommy is professional, enthusiastic and has excellent communication skills. I believe Tommy want the

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£205000
    David Turnbull

David was instrumental in helping us purchase our first home. We were able to view properties quickly and were given helpful advice regarding locations and school catchment areas. David's communication and updates helped the completion process run smoothly and he delivered a personal service which made it less daunting as first time buyers. We were very impressed how quickly and efficiently Maitlands worked with 3rd parties, providing a timely and professional service despite tight deadlines. Thank you so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

PL7
    £340000
    Genna Hayter

I wanted to take the time to write this review about Genna Hayter and to say I honestly would not have got through this whole process without her. Genna has worked so hard with me personally helping to guide me through this very stressful time. Genna has gone over and above for me and I cannot thank her enough. Her experience and guidance had been amazing and I cannot recommend Maitlands enough. The whole team in Plympton have been amazing but special special thanks really does go out to Genna and if you buy or sell through the Plympton branch you are lucky to have dealings with her.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

David Turnbull

David is an extremely professional and experienced Property Consultant. Excellent communication throughout, assisted with all in scope and out of scope requests and issues in a very timely manner. If it wasn't for David the sale would not have completed within the timescale it did. It took just 3 weeks from offer to completion. Maitlands have helped me over the past 12 months to find a home for my mother and have never failed to support any demands and requests I have made. A very personal service and I will certainly use them in the future for any further purchases or sales. THANK YOU DAVID AND TEAM IN IVYBRIDGE.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

PL1
    £700
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma Clifton

The Maitlands team were excellent, super swift, and we've got the keys. All inside 2 weeks. very happy. Sharlotte, Gemma and Debbie were very helpful, everything was clear and nothing was too much trouble. Perfect service, many thanks.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PERFECT. WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING.”

22. View All Comments (1)by Helen  27/07/2015

Thank you for your comment Sam, we are pleased to read that your experience was 'perfect' as you describe. We hope you enjoy your new home.
  23. 1
    person found this

David Turnbull, Linda Parker
    Pl21
    £136250
    David TurnbullLinda Parker
    David TurnbullLinda Parker

We found all the staff very helpful at Maitlands, Ivybridge. David Turnbull was excellent, very professional and responsive, helping to steer a rather complicated sale through. We would certainly recommend Maitlands in Ivybridge to anyone considering buying or selling a property and most certainly will use them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Clare Biddlecombe, Alex Jennings
    £156000
    Clare BiddlecombeAlex Jennings
    Clare BiddlecombeAlex Jennings

We were so impressed with Maitlands - Clare came around to value our house and take photos on the Monday evening and our house sold Tuesday afternoon; less than 24 hours!

We both sold and bought through Maitlands and they made the process very easy, they keep you updated with all aspects of the process and chased solicitors to ensure the whole process was moving along. All members of staff are friendly and very helpful and were always happy to answer any questions we had.

We would definitely recommend using the Maitlands Saltash branch. Moving house can be so stressful but they did everything they could to make it as smooth and easy as possible for us. Big thank you to Clare and the team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Robyn Ball, Sophie Morris
    £161000
    Robyn BallSophie Morris
    Robyn BallSophie Morris

From day 1 at Maitlands we were invited into a professional modern office with always half and helpful staff. This meant that we stuck with Maitlands to rent our property after purchase. Robyn & Sophie del with most of our questions, but Gemma in the management office has also been helpful throughout. Thanks for everything so far!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

£800
    Sharlotte Rapson

I work away a lot so a lot of this was arranged over the phone and email, which was very useful. Particularly the docusign for the tenancy agreement. Good communication throughout and helpful service from Sharlotte. Have used Maitlands for a couple of letting arrangements now and generally very pleased, would use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE VALUATION OF THE RENTAL PRICE WAS FAIR.”

27. View All Comments (1)by Helen  27/07/2015

Thank you for your comments Kelly. We hope we can continue to offer you a good level of service and hopefully try and improve further in the future.
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

£148000
    Clare Biddlecombe

Maitlands arranged an open house event and managed to get 12+ prospective buyers through the door resulting in a sale price that I really didn't expect. They arranged the Solicitor for me and gave me the relevant paperwork to fill in for the Solicitor so that they could start work immediately on the sale. The sale went very smoothly and I didn't need to do any chasing as the Maitlands staff kept me informed at all times. The branch also assisted me in getting a rental property prior to completion.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THE % CHARGED BY MAITLANDS IS HIGHER THAN OTHER LOCAL AGENTS, THEY DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND KEEP EVERYTHING MOVING ALONG AT A STEADY PACE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Vicky Bolt, Tommy Newman
    PL7
    £159950
    Vicky BoltTommy Newman
    Vicky BoltTommy Newman

We had never sold a house before so did what most people do, booked in 3 different estate agents to come and value the property and then we were going to compare them all. Maitlands were the first to come over (they had slots available really quickly unlike other agents who had over a week's wait) and Vicky did the valuation. I had never met Vicky before but had heard good things through friends/family and she didn't disappoint. Vicky was so friendly and made me feel relaxed but she was also highly professional. She came armed with reports on sold prices in my area and it turns out she had... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“MAITLANDS ARE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS BUT YOU TRULY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE SERVICE WE HAD WAS SECOND TO NONE AND WHEN CONSIDERING SOMETHING AS MASSIVE AS SELLING YOUR HOUSE, AND THE STRESS THAT GOES ALONG WITH THAT, CHEAPEST ISN'T ALWAYS BEST.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Natalie Eller, Claire Vincent
    £232500
    Natalie EllerClaire Vincent

We had a long and difficult sale, due to a very long chain (16 houses) across much of England and the bottom of the chain collapsing on 2 separate occasions.
    However the way Natalie Eller and her team dealt with all these problems with both enthusiasm and professionalism at all time is testament to both the quality of Maitlands as an estate agent and the staff they employ.
    There are cheaper agents out there who promise the world and over inflate your house price but use at your peril.
    We cannot praise Maitlands enough for the way they have dealt with us throughout. From initial valuations, fully accompanied viewings, constant updates and feedback and a proactive approach to ensuring the chain remained connected.
    They have put other estate agents to shame and should be proud of the reputation they have both in Ivybridge and surrounding areas.
    A big thank you and well done on great service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Pl21
    David Turnbull

As always extremely pleased by the excellent service provided by all at Maitlands. I wouldn't use anyone else in the area. Maitlands facilitated and resolved potential issues along the way ensuring against all odds the completion date was kept.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Sharlotte Rapson, Karen Mayhew
    PL6
    £600
    Sharlotte RapsonKaren Mayhew
    Sharlotte RapsonKaren Mayhew

Excellent service from the first point of contact at the Plympton branch (Karen Mayhew), who then transferred us over to the City branch where we have been dealing mostly with Sharlotte. This is our first experience of dealing with an agent to rent our property and it has been a very positive one.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Sharlotte Rapson, Gemma
    Sharlotte Rapsonno photo
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma

I can not speak highly enough of Sharlotte and the team at Maitlands, firstly it's nice to have the name of the person who is seeing the process through and also someone who's opinion you trust. Our last Tenants gave notice and within the week they had successfully managed to find the ideal tenants for our property, also as we are out of the country at the moment they did everything for us, We felt happy in the knowledge that they would do everything correctly and efficiently, we have used Maitlands in the past for selling a property and as Landlords I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any friends and Family.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOTHING TO REPORT, EVERYTHING MAITLANDS ADVISED WE FOLLOWED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Pl6
    £600
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma Clifton

From the first contact with Maitlands, they have been really helpful and understanding. They go above and beyond to ensure that you are happy with everything and outline everything through all the various processing of renting .

Even once you are in your new home they still continue to be as helpful and make sure everything is okay with you

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Clare Biddlecombe, Sophie Morris
    Clare BiddlecombeSophie Morris
    Clare BiddlecombeSophie Morris

Exellent and regular communication and updates during buying process enabled us to feel at ease at all times. Very efficient and pro active when dealing with solicitors and other parties involved.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

Paul Stone, Charlie Green
    PL6
    £442500
    Paul StoneCharlie Green
    Paul StoneCharlie Green

We have had mixed dealings with estate agents over the past year but Maitlands really was very good. Paul Stone was very approachable and knowledgeable about the property (not bad given it had only been on the market for 24 hours!). Once our offer had been accepted our dealings were largely with Charlie Green who was also very helpful and supportive. I was not in the country for all of the sales proceedings but this was no issue for them and everything went very smoothly. The welcome pack we were left was also very appreciated!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  37. A 4 -star review by ''

Sharlotte Rapson, Alex Jennings
    £950
    Sharlotte RapsonAlex Jennings
    Sharlotte RapsonAlex Jennings

Most helpful and staff reacted promptly to requests. Our experience related to a tenant find service which was very effective. In particular we find that the review of referencing information prior to any money being taken from prospective tenants, is a much fairer system and saves time and money for all parties.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 5 -star review by ''

Alex Jennings, Clare Biddlecombe
    £161000
    Alex JenningsClare Biddlecombe

We found Maitland's and their staff to be extremely professional, efficient, reliable, helpful and friendly.

When we first approached them about selling our property they visited us within the next day and spent time talking things through with us. They helped us through the process to sell the property taking the strain off us and then marketed it effectively, showing potential buyers around. They liaised with us throughout the sale keeping us in the loop and they were especially helpful if we ever phoned them and had a question or had any concerns.

I would not hesitate to use them again should the need arise.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  39. A 4 -star review by ''

Alex Jennings, Sophie Morris
    £210000
    Alex JenningsSophie Morris
    Alex JenningsSophie Morris

Thanks Maitlands for finding a buyer for my property...very professional and friendly service and would be happy to use again in the future.