Experience the difference

Maitlands Sales and Lettings

Agent rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 443 ratings. This website contains 443 user reviews of Maitlands Sales and Lettings.

• Maitlands Sales and Lettings has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Maitlands Sales and Lettings, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

• 435 recommend
  • 8 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Maitlands is an award-winning, independent estate agency with offices in Saltash, Ivybridge, Plympton and Plymouth.

At Maitlands we pride ourselves on the quality of our service and going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every client. With dedicated sales, lettings and commercial property teams, we can cater for all aspects of buying, selling, letting or renting. Our teams can help you with the whole moving process, from arranging a mortgage, talking about the Help to Buy Scheme through to conveyancing and removals.

Page last updated on: 27-Apr-2015 03:43:08

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 15)

1. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

£460000
    Natalie Eller

I have never come across a better Estate agent than Natalie Eller. We had a really troublesome purchase (due to our mortgage company) and Natalie managed to hold it all together for us. She is so positive and helpful. Even now we have moved in she offers to pop over and help find the stop clock!
    The rest of the team have been very helpful but Natalie stands out. I would recommend her as Estate Agent of the Year.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Aww Claire that is such a lovely review about Natalie from our Ivybridge office. It really does make us have a great degree of job satisfaction when our customers recognise our efforts and appreciate what we do. As an independent firm with strong family values we pride ourselves on trying to ensure we offer the best personal service we can every single time but we do this as a matter of course so when we receive praise it really is the cherry on the cake. Thank you very much and all the very best from Natalie and the team at Maitland's
  2. FEATURED REVIEW

£675
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were first time renters and Maitland's were very helpful in providing potential properties to rent within our budget. Upon selecting a property to rent they were very efficient when giving us a tour of the property. After selecting the property to rent it was very easy going. Maitland's took care of everything and they were very detailed in what we needed to know.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant Amy thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with the lettings team as a tenant. Finding a rental property can be like finding a needle in a haystack so its great to hear we were able to place you with the right property and guide you through the letting process. Please let us know if you require any further help as we are always on hand. Warmest Regards Maitland's
  3. FEATURED REVIEW

£163000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We purchased a property through Maitlands Ivybridge. There was clear communication at all stages of the purchase process. The team regularly allowed us access to the property at various stages throughout the sale process, being punctual arriving at viewings and prompt answering any queries we raised. We also used a financial advisor and solicitor recommended by Maitlands both recommendations were sound and we were very pleased with the service provided by both. All in all great service and we would be happy to use Maitlands again.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant review thank you very much from Ivybridge and the Maitland's team. It sounds like you had a great experience during your purchase which is fantastic to hear. Its also wonderful to hear that you were happy with the service levels received from the financial advisor and solicitor. We are of course on hand at any time whether now or in the future if we can assist with anything further. Warm Regards from Maitlands
  4. FEATURED REVIEW

TQ10
    £365000
    David Turnbull

David Turnbull made the valuation, took photographs and prepared the sales details, at all times with good manners and humour. Somebody from the agents always accompanied prospective buyers and provided me with feedback after the visits. Once the sale was agreed, Maitlands kept me abreast of the progress regarding exchange of contracts and completion date.

At all times I was confident the Maitlands had my best interest at heart and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective seller.

View All Comments (1)by julie.haimes@maitlands.biz  30/09/2014

Thank you very much Martyn for your lovely comments and reviews. We really do pride ourselves as a company on ensuring communication is consistent throughout the process whilst trying our best to ensure we offer the best customer service experience every time. Your move is important to us and to hear that you would recommend us to others is the best feedback we could ask for so thank you again. Wishing you all the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitlands
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Alex Jennings

The house I was buying turned out to be at the bottom of a very tricky chain with all sorts of problems, but Maitlands worked very hard to sort out the problems with the properties further up the chain and kept me informed of progress. The purchase took nearly 5 months but I would highly recommend Maitlands and Alex in particular for persistence and a final successful outcome :) I even received a pack of goodies with the keys, which was much appreciated as never had anything like that before from any other agent as a buyer.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  29/10/2014

Thank you very much Helen. Alex is really pleased that you took the time to share your feedback. Tricky chains often occur unfortunately but its great to hear that we were able to assist you and eventually get you moved into your new property. We trust that you are now settling in well. Also really glad you liked your moving bag we like to think that it comes in useful on moving day. All the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitland's
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Sharlotte Rapson, Gemma
    £575
    Sharlotte Rapson no photo
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma

I have rented my entire adult life and like many, I am suspicious of letting agents (their hidden fees, not helping with issues with the property etc.). However, Maitlands were absolutely fantastic in every way. All the staff I dealt with at the Saltash branch were very efficient, professional and friendly. I was given everything I needed immediately on asking, I never had to chase for anything (very rare). The fees were very reasonable/competitive and the independent referencing company they use were as professional and efficient as the Maitlands staff. They were very thorough given my... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“SOME LOCAL ESTATE AGENTS WERE CHARGING IN EXCESS OF £600 FOR REFERENCING FEES (MORE THAN A MONTH'S RENT!) AND THIS DIDN'T INCLUDE THE ADDED EXTRAS THEY WERE CLAIMING I NEEDED (SUCH AS A GUARANTOR FORM). MAITLANDS FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE, NO HIDDEN FEES AND THEY DIDN'T ADD ON EXTRAS FOR ME TO PAY FOR THAT WEREN'T NEEDED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

£450
    Gemma CliftonSharlotte Rapson

I cant fault them they found a first tenant who was in the flat nearly 2 years when they left found a new tenant almost right away. The first tenants where good as gold. As for the girls at Maitlands not only do they do there job well but they go the extra mile, and always with a smile, very helpfull. They all the stress away.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Natalie Eller, Claire Vincent
    VARI
    Natalie Eller Claire Vincent
    Natalie EllerClaire Vincent

Natalie is vastly knowledgeable and runs the office really well. She is always on the ball and her team are most professional, being very quick to respond to any client requesting property details or viewings.

My main dealings have been with Claire. She is a very positive cheerful person and is always extremely helpful responding quickly and really putting herself out to achieve viewings in a short time frame to suit the customer. Whilst Claire never loses her drive to sell she is not pushy and puts time and effort into giving a comprehensive viewing. Any follow up queries are answered promptly and in a positive manner.

The Maitlands Ivybridge staff are a credit to their company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FINALLY BOUGHT MY HOUSE THROUGH ANOTHER AGENT, BUT PROVIDED THIS REVIEW BECAUSE I HAVE RECEIVED SUCH EXCELLENT SERVICE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

PL2
    £450
    Gemma Clifton

The agent has been excellent to work with, providing advice and support to us as new first time landlords.
    They have proved to be reliable and offer a very through service! We are extremely glad we are working with them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE APPRECIATED GETTING A BREAKDOWN OF HOW THE FEE IS MADE UP.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

£595
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma Clifton

Very friendly staff with lovely properties.
    Ensured that myself and my partner were both informed of details of the tenancy and tenancy agreement.
    Little organisation when arranging to meet this the landlords on the day after moving into the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

£575
    Sharlotte Rapson

Excellent service levels for letting. Maitlands have consistently generated successful outcomes from marketing our property for tenancy. They are very professional and helpful and all minor problems are dealt with competently and promptly. Inspections are rigorous and accurate, highlighting any issues or dropping in decorative standards that need attention. Overall, highly recommended, best letting agent that I have used.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Linda Parker, David Turnbull
    £145600
    Linda Parker David Turnbull
    Linda ParkerDavid Turnbull

Just purchased a property through Maitlands, incidentally this was the first one they showed us, and after viewing quite a few others, we realised they knew what we wanted more than we did, so went back to them with an offer!
    They pointed us in the direction of a mortgage advisor, Mark John, who managed to get us a great deal, which went through quicker than expected.
    Staff were happy to escort us back to the property a few times so we could measure up etc.
    Great service , highly recommend them. Thanks Guys :-)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Clare Biddlecombe, Alex Jennings
    PL16
    £98000
    Clare Biddlecombe Alex Jennings
    Clare BiddlecombeAlex Jennings

The team at Maitlands, Saltash are really a super bunch of staff. They are courteous, responsive and very cheerful when sometimes it is very difficult selling a property with the multiple layers they have to wade through.

They keep you informed and communicate really well. I like that a lot because I knew 'they were on it' without me having to chase.

I wouldn't hesitate to use this team again as they do what it says on the tin! A professional, capable and very competent team. Well done to all the office.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 4 -star review by ''

Pl5
    £700
    Gemma CliftonSharlotte Rapson

The 2 girls that dealt with my letting were very professional and nothing was too much trouble . Gemma kept me well informed when perspective people were viewing my property and offered good advise which I appreciated being a 1st time landlord . I have used other estate agents in years gone by and found them to be very unprofessional but these 2 girls have restored my faith . I would thoroughly recommend using this branch of mainlands if you are looking for a friendly efficient service !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£500
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma Clifton

Everything went very well. Staff at maitlands were perfectly nice and professional. There was no problems with contract. Signing and keys release was fast.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

David Turnbull, Natalie Eller
    Pl21
    £875
    David Turnbull Natalie Eller
    David TurnbullNatalie Eller

I would like to say a huge thank you to David and the other girls in Ivybridge for the excellent and efficient service I recieved when looking for a property to rent. Everything was made so easy. I would recommend David and the rest of the team to anyone in both letting and sales.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

Pl12
    £750
    Sharlotte RapsonGemma Clifton

All staff really accommodating to our specific needs. When we signed the agreements in the office we were early with our toddlers. Despite the kids being really agitated and noisy, the staff stayed professional and helpful where others may have become noticeably irritated. Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED THAT IT WAS NOT EXPLAINED TO US PRIOR TO PAYMENT, AS TO THE SPECIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR A GARENTOR, AS IT'S NOT STANDARDISED ACROSS DIFFERENT AGENCIES, WE WERE WORKING TO THE ASSUMPTION THAT OUR CURRENT GARENTOR WOULD SUFFICE, WE SPENT £118 ON A CHECK WHICH, HAD WE KNOWN THE SPECIFICATIONS WERE NOT STANDARDISED, WE WOULD NOT HAVE DONE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Sharlotte Rapson, Karen Mayhew
    £725
    Sharlotte Rapson Karen Mayhew
    Sharlotte RapsonKaren Mayhew

We contacted the team at Plymouth early to minimise delay in finding a new tenant. The Plympton office (Karen) was very proactive in getting agreement with existing tenant and arranging viewings. The team advice from both the Plymouth and Plympton offices was, as always, excellent and we are delighted with the new tenants.

The whole process was hassle free. Many thanks to Claire Burt and the team and keep up the good work.

“GOOD VALUE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

£750
    Gemma CliftonSharlotte Rapson

The team at Maitlands are excellent. They have been particularly impressive recently in dealing with the taking over of a rental property from another agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Plymouth Road (Plympton) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    £725
    Genna Hayter

Very polite and helpful, other lady made us cup of tea, very efficient and freindly and explained everything to us well. Thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    PL3
    Paul Stone

My wife and I were shown round a property by Paul Stone from Maitlands. His customer service was amazing as he pulled out all stops to help us determine what we, as a family, needed. I can only describe his dealings with us as outstanding. He has gone the extra mile in helping us locate a mortgage as he felt what we had been offered could be improved upon. He has genuinely done all he could to help us locate a property suitable to our family's needs. Thank you Paul!

22. View All Comments (1)by helen  25/03/2015

Dear Mark. Thank you for your outstanding comments about Paul. He is so pleased that your experience was the best it could possibly be. we wish you all the very best in your new home.
  23. 3

A 1 -star review by ''

pl4
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Paul Stone

What a waste of time! After hearing all the good reviews I thought this would be a great agent. Paul seems to just come out with what he thinks you want to hear and has a complete problem in actually listening. I urge anyone else who dares uses this company to request a valuation not to be done by him. He was obnoxious and acted like we didn't really matter at all. At the end of the day Paul we are the customer. Terrible Terrible company

What could Maitlands Sales and Lettings do to change your mind??

“Use someone else, they aren't even on Mutley Plain !”

24. View All Comments (1)by Helen  25/03/2015

We are really disappointed to see your comments and that your experience with our firm did not live up to your expectations. We do our upmost to take everyone through a positive buying, selling or letting experience and to hear that we have fallen short of what you expect from a professional estate agent is disappointing. We do hope you achieve success with your move and in the future.
  25. 2

pl12
    Josh Williams

Can I just say how happy we are with Maitlands. You have been fantastic throughout the letting of our property and the actual handling of everything in dealing with our landlord and the difficult situations we have faced.
    The only reason I am writing this review is because I think that there is an unsung hero in the office who seems to always be around, and always be more than happy to help.
    To give a brief outline we live in a small house in Cornwall with our young children. There have been a few problems as we have progressed through our tenancy, nothing too major but worries none the less.... (read more)

26. View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  11/03/2015

I don't think there is much more to say! I'm sure Josh will be thrilled when he reads this and will be the first to agree that he was doing his job. I hope the problems with your house have ceased and we can help with any problems that remain unsolved.
  27. 3

pl6
    Josh Williams

It's not often I tend to write on these sites but thought after successful viewing and buying my wife and I couldn't resist passing across our thanks and congratulations to Josh.
    We want to say a massive thank you for showing us around this house in a way that I think we have never experienced before. As we said on the viewing, we have been looking for quite some time to find the perfect house. Maitlands went above and beyond our expectations with this one.
    At times it felt like Josh was showing us around his own family home, he knew exactly what he was talking about and gave us all the... (read more)

28. View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  11/03/2015

Thank you very much, Josh has clearly made an impression with you and I confirm that as a company we aim to provide the highest level of customer support. I hope you are settled in your new home.
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

£1270000
    David Turnbull

I have been really impressed with the way David handled the sale of my property. He has been efficient and proactive and has taken the trouble to call regularly with updates. The house sold very quickly thanks to the marketing by Maitlands and it has been a really smooth sale. I also used the mortgage advisor and solicitor linked with Maitlands and this really streamlined the process as they were all in regular contact. The whole team were really friendly and helpful but David really stood out. I would definitely recommend them - I only wish I had bought my new property through them too!

30. View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  10/03/2015

Thank you Laura for taking the time to respond and leave some very positive feedback for David. I have passed this to him as I know he will be pleased. We do try as a company to get our customers moving in as stress free way as possible and it seems to have worked this time. Thank you again.
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Pl12
    Sharlotte Rapson

Staff were great. Great professionalism. We got the property which is great also. If I am honest I feel that the need for a guarantor was unnecessary which incurred more fees before property was secured. Overall great service but expensive in my opinion. Would recommend to others

32. View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  10/03/2015

Thank you Chris for your positive comments and although there was additional expense in securing your home I am pleased you still took the time to write the review.. Rest assured we would not have put you to the expense of a guarantor had it not been necessary. Thank you again.
  33. A 4 -star review by ''

Darren , Gemma Clifton
    pl52
    £200000
    no photo Gemma Clifton
    Darren Gemma Clifton

the service was very good initially started by Darren and then taken on by Jack who kept us informed every step of the way during the sale .

34. View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  10/03/2015

Gary thank your for taking time to recommend us to others as we pride on providing the best service possible to our clients. Jack I know will be pleased when he reads your comments
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Pl4
    £795
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely fantastice service, professional and warm. Speedy and efficient. Nothing was too much for them, they are quick to help with any questions and sorting out any issues we have. Would rate them 10/10 and recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY WERE SO REASONABLE A”

36. View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  10/03/2015

What a glowing report and with a 10/10 how could we as a company and in particular our lettings team not be thrilled. Thank you for the time you have taken to write this review and I hope you are happy in your new home.
  37. 1
    person found this

PL2
    £625
    Claire Burt
    Claire Burt

Claire was very helpful and so friendly. It was our first time renting a property so we were very nervous and had a lot of questions.
    Claire was fantastic from the word go, she provided us with all the information needed and had brilliant customer service skills she really made us feel at ease & enjoyed the experience with us which i thought was nice :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Plymouth Road (Plympton) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    £710
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very positive experience renting a property with Maitlands. Recieved good support from the team and pleased with our new home.

39. View All Comments (1)by Helen  17/03/2015

Thank you Chloe for taking the time to put your comments on our site. We wish you the very best for the future and the team in Plympton thank you for using Maitlands.
  40. A 5 -star review by ''

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The whole team at the Saltash branch of Maitlands have been refreshingly helpful and supportive in my quest to purchase an investment property. (So much so that I have now purchased another one).
    As this is my first venture into the BTL market, I have relied very heavily on the their advice and guidance. They have at all times been totally professional, thoroughly open and honest and, above all, fun to do business with.
    Furthermore, Maitlands (Saltash) will be managing both properties for me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  41. A 4 -star review by ''

PL 2
    £164950
    David Turnbull

David Turnbull and other members of staff have all been extremely helpful during the whole process of selling my property. Nothing has been too much trouble and David kindly read the utility meters for me as I am living some distance from Ivybridge. I deemed this to be above and beyond the call of duty and it was most thoughtful of him !
    He gave me professional advice, as an experienced negotiator, which enabled me to sell my property to my best advantage , and kept me abreast of developments at all times which was very reassuring .
    I felt that all the staff treated me as a valued customer and I would recommend this Branch of Maitlands without reservation.

42. View All Comments (1)by Helen  17/03/2015

Dear Margaret. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comment on this site. David would like to thank you for your comments and is pleased that your moving experience was a good one. He welcomes feedback on his service and we would also like to mention that if you do recommend any of your friends to us they will automatically receive a discount and you are now part of our Lifetime Loyalty scheme should you wish to use us again.
  43. A 5 -star review by ''

Pl5
    £600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I can not praise mainlands enough the service I have recived has been fantastic. As a first time landlady i explained this to maitlands and they took all the stress and worry away. I had several meetings and had things explaind so I knew what I needed to do. Maitlands kept me up to date at all times and always returned my phone calls. I am doing the fully managed package and would recommend this to anyone. I never once felt pressured into anything but felt fully supported and was given excellent service and guidence would highly recommend maitlands

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  44. A 5 -star review by ''

£120000
    Jack Emmett

Having bought and sold several properties in the past, I have to say that Jack Emmett's customer service was one of the best. He went the extra mile.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  45. A 5 -star review by ''

Upload a reviwer profile image

Professional discretion used to vet prospective tenants. We feel we can trust this advice. Friendly yet everything promptly done and organised. Always willing to offer help and advice beyond what may be strictly required.