Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Maitlands Sales and Lettings

Agent rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 420 ratings. This website contains 420 user reviews of Maitlands Sales and Lettings.

• Transparent Agent

• Maitlands Sales and Lettings actively promote the views of their customers by linking directly from their website to this page. Transparent agent reviews are subject to additional random verification checks.

Maitlands Sales and Lettings have also signed a declaration to maintain public access to open and independent customer feedback and are awarded this best practice transparency profile by AllAgents.

Contact Maitlands Sales and Lettings

• 413 recommend
  • 7 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Maitlands is an award-winning, independent estate agency with offices in Saltash, Ivybridge, Plympton and Plymouth.

At Maitlands we pride ourselves on the quality of our service and going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every client. With dedicated sales, lettings and commercial property teams, we can cater for all aspects of buying, selling, letting or renting. Our teams can help you with the whole moving process, from arranging a mortgage, talking about the Help to Buy Scheme through to conveyancing and removals.

Page last updated on: 27-Feb-2015 13:49:18

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 14)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Natalie Eller
    £460000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have never come across a better Estate agent than Natalie Eller. We had a really troublesome purchase (due to our mortgage company) and Natalie managed to hold it all together for us. She is so positive and helpful. Even now we have moved in she offers to pop over and help find the stop clock!
    The rest of the team have been very helpful but Natalie stands out. I would recommend her as Estate Agent of the Year.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Aww Claire that is such a lovely review about Natalie from our Ivybridge office. It really does make us have a great degree of job satisfaction when our customers recognise our efforts and appreciate what we do. As an independent firm with strong family values we pride ourselves on trying to ensure we offer the best personal service we can every single time but we do this as a matter of course so when we receive praise it really is the cherry on the cake. Thank you very much and all the very best from Natalie and the team at Maitland's
  2. FEATURED REVIEW

£675
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were first time renters and Maitland's were very helpful in providing potential properties to rent within our budget. Upon selecting a property to rent they were very efficient when giving us a tour of the property. After selecting the property to rent it was very easy going. Maitland's took care of everything and they were very detailed in what we needed to know.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant Amy thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with the lettings team as a tenant. Finding a rental property can be like finding a needle in a haystack so its great to hear we were able to place you with the right property and guide you through the letting process. Please let us know if you require any further help as we are always on hand. Warmest Regards Maitland's
  3. FEATURED REVIEW

£163000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We purchased a property through Maitlands Ivybridge. There was clear communication at all stages of the purchase process. The team regularly allowed us access to the property at various stages throughout the sale process, being punctual arriving at viewings and prompt answering any queries we raised. We also used a financial advisor and solicitor recommended by Maitlands both recommendations were sound and we were very pleased with the service provided by both. All in all great service and we would be happy to use Maitlands again.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant review thank you very much from Ivybridge and the Maitland's team. It sounds like you had a great experience during your purchase which is fantastic to hear. Its also wonderful to hear that you were happy with the service levels received from the financial advisor and solicitor. We are of course on hand at any time whether now or in the future if we can assist with anything further. Warm Regards from Maitlands
  4. FEATURED REVIEW

TQ10
    £365000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

David Turnbull made the valuation, took photographs and prepared the sales details, at all times with good manners and humour. Somebody from the agents always accompanied prospective buyers and provided me with feedback after the visits. Once the sale was agreed, Maitlands kept me abreast of the progress regarding exchange of contracts and completion date.

At all times I was confident the Maitlands had my best interest at heart and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective seller.

View All Comments (1)by julie.haimes@maitlands.biz  30/09/2014

Thank you very much Martyn for your lovely comments and reviews. We really do pride ourselves as a company on ensuring communication is consistent throughout the process whilst trying our best to ensure we offer the best customer service experience every time. Your move is important to us and to hear that you would recommend us to others is the best feedback we could ask for so thank you again. Wishing you all the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitlands
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Alex Jennings
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The house I was buying turned out to be at the bottom of a very tricky chain with all sorts of problems, but Maitlands worked very hard to sort out the problems with the properties further up the chain and kept me informed of progress. The purchase took nearly 5 months but I would highly recommend Maitlands and Alex in particular for persistence and a final successful outcome :) I even received a pack of goodies with the keys, which was much appreciated as never had anything like that before from any other agent as a buyer.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  29/10/2014

Thank you very much Helen. Alex is really pleased that you took the time to share your feedback. Tricky chains often occur unfortunately but its great to hear that we were able to assist you and eventually get you moved into your new property. We trust that you are now settling in well. Also really glad you liked your moving bag we like to think that it comes in useful on moving day. All the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitland's
  6. A 5-star review by ''

PL2
    £625
    Claire Burt

Claire was very helpful and so friendly. It was our first time renting a property so we were very nervous and had a lot of questions.
    Claire was fantastic from the word go, she provided us with all the information needed and had brilliant customer service skills she really made us feel at ease & enjoyed the experience with us which i thought was nice :)

7. A 4-star review by ''

£710
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very positive experience renting a property with Maitlands. Recieved good support from the team and pleased with our new home.

8. A 5-star review by ''

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The whole team at the Saltash branch of Maitlands have been refreshingly helpful and supportive in my quest to purchase an investment property. (So much so that I have now purchased another one).
    As this is my first venture into the BTL market, I have relied very heavily on the their advice and guidance. They have at all times been totally professional, thoroughly open and honest and, above all, fun to do business with.
    Furthermore, Maitlands (Saltash) will be managing both properties for me.

9. A 4-star review by ''

PL 2
    £164950
    David Turnbull

David Turnbull and other members of staff have all been extremely helpful during the whole process of selling my property. Nothing has been too much trouble and David kindly read the utility meters for me as I am living some distance from Ivybridge. I deemed this to be above and beyond the call of duty and it was most thoughtful of him !
    He gave me professional advice, as an experienced negotiator, which enabled me to sell my property to my best advantage , and kept me abreast of developments at all times which was very reassuring .
    I felt that all the staff treated me as a valued customer and I would recommend this Branch of Maitlands without reservation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Pl5
    £600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I can not praise mainlands enough the service I have recived has been fantastic. As a first time landlady i explained this to maitlands and they took all the stress and worry away. I had several meetings and had things explaind so I knew what I needed to do. Maitlands kept me up to date at all times and always returned my phone calls. I am doing the fully managed package and would recommend this to anyone. I never once felt pressured into anything but felt fully supported and was given excellent service and guidence would highly recommend maitlands

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Upload a reviwer profile image

Professional discretion used to vet prospective tenants. We feel we can trust this advice. Friendly yet everything promptly done and organised. Always willing to offer help and advice beyond what may be strictly required.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

PL1
    £650
    Sharlotte Rapson

Sharlotte was fantastic. She was always easy to get in contact with and extremely helpful in all situations, whether it was regarding important or minor questions. We were under a strict time-constraint to find a property and within a few days Sharlotte had helped us find the exact thing we were looking for.

I would happily recommend Maitlands and Sharlotte for helping mine and my partners first move together quick and easy!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5-star review by ''

£475
    Sharlotte Rapson

I was very happy with the servive and the quickness. All the staff were friendly especially Charlotte who helped me with all my enquiries. Would use Maitlands again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5-star review by ''

Pl7
    £800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Exerlent service and profesional pepole and company and very friendly would be my only choice
    When buying a property or renting

“VERY GOOD”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5-star review by ''

PL1
    £120000
    Jack Emmett

Having bought and sold several properties in the past, I have to say that Jack Emmett's customer service was one of the best. He went the extra mile.

16. 1
    person found this

pl5
    £145000
    Josh Williams

We have fairly recently purchased a property through Maitlands. This is our first every
    purchase so like people, we were very nervous and very unaware. I think the more we looked at property the more we became confused. Every single time we wanted to talk in detail or wanted more information I felt like we were being rushed out of the door with very little care or attention paid to what I was actually saying.
    By the time I got to viewing a property with Josh it is a fair statement to say I was completely bored of estate agents and fed up with the pushy attitude that I was given. If ever... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5-star review by ''

Property Management
    £725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

e letting staff offered a friendly and professional service , meeting deadlines promptly and taking care of all the details from finding suitable tenants to preparing the house for their move. It is most reassuring to be able to leave the property fully managed in their hands and would heartily recommend their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5-star review by ''

Claire Burt, Sharlotte Rapson
    £675
    Claire Burt Sharlotte Rapson
    Claire BurtSharlotte Rapson

I used Maitlands to rent my property, which needed to be rented quickly. My dealings with both Claire and Sharlotte were very professional and informative. I was kept up to date regularly on any viewings and the whole process was made very easy. Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 5-star review by ''

£800
    Sharlotte Rapson

Sharlotte took over from David after he left the company but immediately familiarised herself with our situation, I experienced some difficulties at my end with referencing etc but Sharlotte kept me well informed and was polite and courteous at all times.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SHARLOTTE DID ASK FOR A LOWER RENTAL PRICE AS I HAD PROPOSED DOING SOME DECORATING MYSELF AS THE PROPERTY LOOKED TIRED. THE OVERALL FEE\'S WERE VERY REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5-star review by ''

PL68
    £700
    Sharlotte Rapson

Sharolette was very good at communicating with us. Very quick with emails and phone calls. Polite and professional. Very good at arranging a time around our busy schedule for viewing, dealing with contract and changing moving in dates. I've troubled her a lot and I'd like to say thank you.

“NO CONCERNS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 5-star review by ''

Josh Williams, Exeter Devon
    PL2
    Josh Williams no photo
    Josh WilliamsExeter Devon

Josh is passionate about property and this is evident in his positive, cheerful and very professional

View All Comments (1)by Jan Wain  27/01/2015

Thank you Caroline for your comments. Josh is exactly as you describe and really enjoys his work. I know he will be very happy to have this review left for him. As a company we are pleased everything went through smoothly for you.
  22. 1
    person found this

A 3-star review by ''

, Paul Stone
    Pl2
    £116000
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
     Paul Stone
    Paul Stone

I have mixed opinions about using Maitland's, whilst they did sell my apartment and the sale did eventually go though it was a rough ride.

The appraisal was carried out by Darren; he seemed very professional, upfront and honest about marketing our property, what we should expect from them and what price we could achieve. There was some confusion about the fee though as Darren explained the new paperwork they had been given was causing them difficulty and that they had a meeting at the office soon to sort this out. I had to email to clarify what the fee was before we appointed them as it... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID A FEE THAT WAS ALMOST DOUBLE OF BUDGET ESTATE AGENTS BUT I FELT MORE OFTEN I HAD A BUDGET SERVICE”

What could Maitlands Sales and Lettings do to change your mind??

“I paid a fee that was almost double of budget estate agents but I felt more often I had a budget service”

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Dear Simon. Thank you for taking the time to put your experience with our company in such detail. It is very disappointing to us when we receive negative feedback on our service levels, when we strive to try and achieve a successful sale or let for our clients whilst delivering an efficient, professional and friendly service. On this occasion it seems that these service levels have not reached our expectations and the valuable feedback you have provided will enable us to improve on the areas, especially our communication. Our immediate action on your points will hopefully ensure that any of our current and future clients will not experience the same disappointment. We do wish you comfort and enjoyment in your new home and the very best for the future.
  23. A 5-star review by ''

£290000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We as a family relocated from Devon to Surrey due to work commitments and sold our property through Maitland's and cannot thank Maitland's enough for their patience and professionalism during this time. We had problem tenants that were in the property and were extremely problematic;, not allowing viewings to take place, even though sufficient notice was given in addition to being difficult in their behaviour; especially during viewings. The tenants even went to the bizarre lengths of verbally abusing and shouting at a Maitland's staff member while in the process of carrying out a viewing with a potential buyer. During the time that the property was marketed with Maitland's the staff remained professional, even though provoked and continued to market our property in a positive way to the eventual sale.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Firstly we want to thank you for appointing us as your agent. We are pleased that we achieved a successful sale even through fairly difficult circumstances. We try and take all of the stress out of moving and even though you had already made the move to a different area, you still had to endure the difficult process of selling. We want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we wish you all the very best for the future. Please visit us if you ever come back to Ivybridge.
  24. A 5-star review by ''

£200000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have never praised an estate agent before, but I bought a house through Maitlands in Ivybridge and they were great from start to finish.

I had already dealt with two of the independent estate agents in Ivybridge and I lost hundreds of pounds with them, one of them does not have an office and works from home. I think it is disgraceful when agents practice gazumping.

I would recommend Maitlands in Ivybridge if you are buying or selling, good honest service. The reviews on this website say it all and they are part of the Transparent Agent scheme. Ask yourself why the other Ivybridge agents are not in the Transparent Agent scheme?

Credit where credit is due, well done Maitlands in Ivybridge.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

What a wonderful review and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Generally estate agents have a bad reputation, mainly for poor communication and dishonesty and we decided to join the Transparent Agent Scheme to show our clients that we are different. We strive to offer the very best service and this includes having an office located in all of the town/Cities we operate, to ensure clients can visit us whenever it suits, we also have all communication channels available from the simple telephone to email, text, live chat and social media. All Agents gives us the opportunity to show that we will not shy away from negative feedback and only try and improve and we welcome positive and constructive feedback as this means we have made the process of buying or selling easier for you. Thank you again and we wish you all the very best in the future.
  25. A 5-star review by ''

pl21
    £125000
    Claire Vincent

As a first time buyer with no knowledge of buying property i found the Maitlands team were very helpful in explaining the process as well as advising me on other professionals relating to mortgage advice and solicitors.
    in-particular Claire Vincent who was always at hand to advise me and was always aware of the current situation and progress of myself becoming a home owner,
    I would like to say thank you to Claire Vincent and the hole Mailtlands team for all there efforts.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Dear Mr Forte, thank you for your comments. The buying and selling process is not always a pleasant experience and can be stressful, we have tried to create an environment where buyers such as yourself can benefit from our experience, mortgage and legal advice and generally the housing buying process. We have the benefit of having in house mortgage advisers and solicitors who will work from our office and this makes everything a little easier for everyone. We are pleased that your buying experience was good with Maitlands and hope that we will be your agent of choice in the future.
  26. A 5-star review by ''

pl12
    £850
    Robyn Ball

Robyn contacted us offering to market our property, within 10 days Gemma had a family wanting to rent our property. They were very friendly and helpful at every stage of the process making it a stress free experience. The whole office have been very friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  23/01/2015

Dear Neil and Jen, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Buying, selling and renting can be a difficult and stressful and at Maitland's we try our best to have the right staff, training and tools available to help each and every person that deals with us. We want to thank you for your custom and hope that we will be your agent of choice in the future.
  27. A 5-star review by ''

£220000
    David Turnbull

We found our dream home through Maitlands in Ivybridge and we are so pleased that we dealt with these agents! David Turnbull originally showed us around the property and we were very impressed with the professionalism of the service we received. Following this, Claire looked after us on many occasions and I can honestly say that her brilliant service helped to make the experience so much smoother and as hassle free as possible! She is a real credit to the team and we can't thank her enough for her help. She has been so friendly and professional we couldn't have wished for more. We will certainly be recommending Maitlands to others!

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  21/01/2015

Thank you Mr & Mrs Cox for your kind comments about two of our valued team members. David, Claire and the team in Ivybridge understand that buying and selling property is not always the easiet process and can be very stressful at times. They all strive to offer a friendly, professional and efficient service for our clients. We wish you all the very best in your new home and we hope we will be your agent of choice in the future.
  28. A 5-star review by ''

£133000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Could not fault the estate agent and would recommend. Every member of the team was always aware of what was going on throughout the process to make it as stress free as possible. Thank you Maitlands

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  23/01/2015

Thank you for sharing these comments for everyone to see. We are so pleased that we made your experience with Maitland's a good one and we ensured that your move was a stress free as possible.
  29. A 5-star review by ''

£152500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service from all members of staff at Saltash office. All very helpful, polite and friendly at all times and would thoroughly recommend them.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  23/01/2015

Thank you for sharing your comments and we do hope that you will be bale to recommend us to your family and friends. We wish you all the very best for the future.
  30. A 5-star review by ''

pl1
    £145000
    Josh Williams

I have waited a while to write this but thank you so much Josh. I know how much you kept in contact with me just to see how I was getting on with all the small things before moving in to Ocean Crescent. You are a lovely man and I am now so happy to be living in a luxury building with a perfect view. you're a wonderful agent, never pushy, no sales rubbish and just told me what I wanted to hear. You were the first agent to actually make me feel at home ( hence why i bought it ). Thank you so much

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

We would to thank you for your comments about Josh and we are so pleased to here that he made your buying experience a good one. We do hope you enjoy your new home in Ocean Crescent and please feel welcome to pop in for coffee at anytime to see Josh and the team because we would love to see you.
  31. A 5-star review by ''

Pl7
    £600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I found my experience with the team at Plympton to be nothing over than efficient and friendly. Everyone I spoke to had a great attitude and put up with my constant calling to check progress of referencing etc. Calls were returned promptly, messages were passed on and staff were polite, friendly and professional. Thank you

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Thank you Jade for taking the time to share your comments. We are so pleased that your experience with our Plympton team was as good as we would hope. We strive to offer an efficient, professional and friendly service and most importantly, to ensure the buying and selling process is as stress free as possible for our clients. It seems we have achieved your expectations and that our communication made the process easier for you. Thank you again and please pop in for a coffee our door is always open.
  32. A 5-star review by ''

£248000
    Lia Trezise

Maitlands were professional and friendly to deal with from the very start of our purchase, everything was dealt with quickly and easily with any problems being ironed out without any stress to myself or my husband. Lia was put main contact and always kept us up to date, responding quickly to our queries. We chose to use a solicitor who's details we were given by Maitland s and again they were excellent, nothing like previous house buying experience. Should we ever want to move again I would gladly use Maitlands and especially Lia for this.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments here to share. In such a stressful period of anyone's life we endeavour to ensure that all communication channels are clear and concise and it is brilliant to know that your experience with our company was positive and Lia advised and responded to your every need. We hope we have put your faith back in estate agents, because we are not all the same, as you have experienced. Thank you again and we wish you all the best for the future and hope that you will always choose Maitland's as your agent.
  33. A 4-star review by ''

£670
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Good service that found me a tenant relatively quickly. Advised me on how best to present and advertise the property to achieve the best price.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Thank you for your comments above and taking the time to put them on here to share. Our lettings team would like to thank you for your custom and hope we can continue to offer you the best managed service.
  34. A 4-star review by ''

Gemma Clifton

Gemma was very good at keeping me informed, and giving me regular reports on progress, at least weekly. I trusted her judgement and advice about prospective tenants.

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Gemma and the team strive to offer the best possible service to our clients to guide and advise throughout the process. All comments from our clients are extremely valuable to us, positive or negative, so we can ensure we continue to improve to benefit our customers. Thank you again and we hope you continue to choose Maitland's as your agent.
  35. A 5-star review by ''

pl6
    £750
    Gemma Clifton

I found everyone very professional and knowledgeable. We are new landlords so needed some guidance in setting up the property and the legal requirements. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who were polite and approachable and their advice was very welcome.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE FORTUNATE THAT OUR TENANTS APPROACHED US JUST AS WE WERE ABOUT TO MARKET THE PROPERTY. HARDLY ANY ADVERTISING WAS REQUIRED SO THE AGENCY HAD LESS OUTLAY BUT WE STILL FEEL THAT THE FEES WERE REASONABLE. HOWEVER, THE VAT WAS A SHOCK - I DON\'T THINK IT WAS MADE CLEAR TO US THAT THE PRICE QUOTED WAS BEFORE VAT. AS VAT IS ALWAYS LEVIED I THINK IT WOULD BE MORE TRANSPARENT IF THE FEES WERE QUOTED INCLUDING VAT.”

View All Comments (1)by Helen Moore  20/01/2015

Dear Hilary, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear that you experienced the service that we would expect from one of our offices and Gemma is happy to hear that you felt you were guided and advised through the process. Thank you for your comment about our the VAT on our fees and we will of course check our contracts and ensure that the VAT is clearly stated.