Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Maitlands Sales & Lettings

Agent rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 388 ratings. This website contains 388 user reviews of Maitlands Sales & Lettings.

• Transparent Agent

• Maitlands Sales & Lettings actively promote the views of their customers by linking directly from their website to this page. Transparent agent reviews are subject to additional random verification checks.

Maitlands Sales & Lettings have also signed a declaration to maintain public access to open and independent customer feedback and are awarded this best practice transparency profile by AllAgents.

Contact Maitlands Sales & Lettings

• 382 recommend
  • 6 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Maitlands Sales & Lettings is currently unavailable.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 13)

Page last updated on: 27-Nov-2014 13:27:28

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Claire Hobart' 18/10/2014

£460000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have never come across a better Estate agent than Natalie Eller. We had a really troublesome purchase (due to our mortgage company) and Natalie managed to hold it all together for us. She is so positive and helpful. Even now we have moved in she offers to pop over and help find the stop clock!
    The rest of the team have been very helpful but Natalie stands out. I would recommend her as Estate Agent of the Year.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Aww Claire that is such a lovely review about Natalie from our Ivybridge office. It really does make us have a great degree of job satisfaction when our customers recognise our efforts and appreciate what we do. As an independent firm with strong family values we pride ourselves on trying to ensure we offer the best personal service we can every single time but we do this as a matter of course so when we receive praise it really is the cherry on the cake. Thank you very much and all the very best from Natalie and the team at Maitland's
  2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Amy' 18/10/2014

£675
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were first time renters and Maitland's were very helpful in providing potential properties to rent within our budget. Upon selecting a property to rent they were very efficient when giving us a tour of the property. After selecting the property to rent it was very easy going. Maitland's took care of everything and they were very detailed in what we needed to know.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant Amy thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with the lettings team as a tenant. Finding a rental property can be like finding a needle in a haystack so its great to hear we were able to place you with the right property and guide you through the letting process. Please let us know if you require any further help as we are always on hand. Warmest Regards Maitland's
  3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'JM' 18/10/2014

£163000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We purchased a property through Maitlands Ivybridge. There was clear communication at all stages of the purchase process. The team regularly allowed us access to the property at various stages throughout the sale process, being punctual arriving at viewings and prompt answering any queries we raised. We also used a financial advisor and solicitor recommended by Maitlands both recommendations were sound and we were very pleased with the service provided by both. All in all great service and we would be happy to use Maitlands again.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Brilliant review thank you very much from Ivybridge and the Maitland's team. It sounds like you had a great experience during your purchase which is fantastic to hear. Its also wonderful to hear that you were happy with the service levels received from the financial advisor and solicitor. We are of course on hand at any time whether now or in the future if we can assist with anything further. Warm Regards from Maitlands
  4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Martyn Mullard' 29/9/2014

£365000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

David Turnbull made the valuation, took photographs and prepared the sales details, at all times with good manners and humour. Somebody from the agents always accompanied prospective buyers and provided me with feedback after the visits. Once the sale was agreed, Maitlands kept me abreast of the progress regarding exchange of contracts and completion date.

At all times I was confident the Maitlands had my best interest at heart and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective seller.

View All Comments (1)by julie.haimes@maitlands.biz  30/09/2014

Thank you very much Martyn for your lovely comments and reviews. We really do pride ourselves as a company on ensuring communication is consistent throughout the process whilst trying our best to ensure we offer the best customer service experience every time. Your move is important to us and to hear that you would recommend us to others is the best feedback we could ask for so thank you again. Wishing you all the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitlands
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Helen' 29/10/2014

Alex Jennings
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The house I was buying turned out to be at the bottom of a very tricky chain with all sorts of problems, but Maitlands worked very hard to sort out the problems with the properties further up the chain and kept me informed of progress. The purchase took nearly 5 months but I would highly recommend Maitlands and Alex in particular for persistence and a final successful outcome :) I even received a pack of goodies with the keys, which was much appreciated as never had anything like that before from any other agent as a buyer.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  29/10/2014

Thank you very much Helen. Alex is really pleased that you took the time to share your feedback. Tricky chains often occur unfortunately but its great to hear that we were able to assist you and eventually get you moved into your new property. We trust that you are now settling in well. Also really glad you liked your moving bag we like to think that it comes in useful on moving day. All the best for the future. Warm Regards Maitland's
  6. A 5-star review by 'Tom S' 27/11/2014

Barry , Clare Biddlecombe
    £160000

Barry Clare Biddlecombe

We found the service at Maitland's Saltash second to none, they were very friendly and competitive with their rates. Moving house can be a stressful time but Clare and her team eased the process, even finding a second buyer very quickly after our first sale fell through. Their mortgage advisor Barry was a great help when it came to acquiring our mortgage. We would highly recommend using this estate agent and would return in the future.

7. A 5-star review by 'Howell' 24/11/2014

No postcode selected.

David Turnbull

Everyone at Maitlands was really helpful. David saw the whole process through himself and kept me well informed. He went over and above expectations by taking responsibility for small details as the property was empty and I wasn't living nearby.

8. A 5-star review by 'Young123' 24/11/2014

Josh Williams
    Pl3
    £150000

Josh Williams

Thank you so much to josh for making our sale go through so quickly. He handled our offer really fast and was able to fit us in on both a Saturday and a Sunday. A truly remarkable young Man and I was totally impressed with his professionalism and the amount of knowledge he had. We will definitely be using maitlands again if ever we decide to sell.

9. A 5-star review by 'Nicci Walke' 22/11/2014

£285000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From the initial valuation, through to sales, the support was always there and I knew what was happening. I was advised to price competitively and the house sold within 3 weeks. Following sale, I was guided through the process very well.

I would recommend the Maitlands Team to others wishing to sell or purchase a property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DO THINK THE FEE WAS HIGHER THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS, BUT THE PROPERTY SOLD VERY QUICKLY SO OVERALL I GUESS IT IS WORTH IT.”

10. A 4-star review by 'Happy home' 22/11/2014

Claire Vincent
    £176000

Claire Vincent

Initial dealings with agents in the area were very relaxed and tended to be wasted journeys to view properties that were already ear marked for other customers. We were never told that there was already an offer on the property etc

Maitlands was then refreshing and actively persisted on our behalf to find us a forever home. They kept us fully up to date with lots of properties and showed that they had the time for us which was not afforded to us by other agents (opposite)

A relaxed and pleasurable experience, would highly recommend, especially Claire.

11. A 4-star review by 'Marianne Tissandier' 17/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was impressed by the way the Ivybridge branch of Maitlands kept me informed each step of the way on my purchase. If my main negotiator was out of the office, other staff members knew what was going on and were able to advise. Although I was not their client, because I was buying rather than selling through them, I felt they were able to give a fair view of where the action needed to be taken in what was a rather long drawn out process (not their fault). I have already recommended Maitlands to a friend.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  19/11/2014

Fantastic Marianne a double thank you, firstly for spending your time to write a review of your recent experience as a buyer and secondly for recommending our services to a friend as this really is so rewarding for us and means a lot. Buying and selling can sometimes be drawn out processes for various reasons so its great to hear we got there in the end. We hope you are settling into your new property and wish you all the very best going forward. Warm Regards from the Ivybridge team and Maitlands
  12. A 5-star review by 'Amelia Stitson' 15/11/2014

pl21
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent was great when we purchased our first home together. They talked us through the procedures involved with the purchase and were available for any questions we had. They were also helpful after we had moved in when we had a few questions about the transfer of utility providers, etc.
    The gift bag and flowers we received when we picked up our keys made us feel very special and valued.
    Would recommend this agency to others, especially when buying a first home as they made the experience as stress-free as I think it can be!

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  18/11/2014

Thanks Amelia. Let me take this opportunity to say thank you for choosing Maitlands and we hope you are settling in well to your new home. Its great to hear we were able to offer assistance throughout the process and when it was completed and we are certainly always on hand should you require any further assistance. Wishing you all the very best from the team at Maitland's
  13. A 5-star review by 'd' 14/11/2014

£165000

David Turnbull

I dealt with all of the members of the team during negotiations for the sale of my property and have a very good relationship with each one
    Their approach is very confident, professional and friendly. I was kept informed of progress throughout the whole procedure
    The process was very smooth

“WOULD HAVE LIKED 1.5%”

14. A 5-star review by 'Denise' 14/11/2014

£165000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The process was very smooth.

“WOULD HAVE LIKED 1.5%”

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  18/11/2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback Denise. Its very much appreciated. We are glad that the process was a smooth one. Building relations during the sales process is a key part of ensuring good levels of communication and enables us work closely together to get the job done. Wishing you all the very best for the future going forward and please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help in the future.
  15. A 5-star review by 'Ken' 14/11/2014

£171000

David Turnbull

To market the property we dealt with David, we wanted to sell quickly. He suggested a price that would attract buyers, which shocked us a bit, but he had some plans and ideas for getting a bit more, our 'best price' for the house if there was lots of interest. David took excellent photos and the presentation in the brochure/website was really good. We planned to launch the sale with an open house but Maitlands found a buyer for our 'best price' the day before the open house, job done. Or was it? Our buyer was very nervous and cautious, each step seemed to be delayed and both ours and their solicitors were not on the ball at all. I don't think the sale would have gone through if it were not for the tireless chasing checking and sorting out by Natalie and the rest of the Maitlands office. Extraordinary work and skill, without going into the detail of how they kept things on track. We actually went from offer to completion in 10 weeks so okay it was very fast but very eventful. Maitland's commission was a bit more costly than other agents but I would definitely use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“MAITLAND\'S COMMISSION WAS A BIT MORE COSTLY THAN OTHER AGENTS BUT I WOULD DEFINITELY USE THEM AGAIN.”

16. A 5-star review by 'Ken' 14/11/2014

£322000

Natalie Eller

This was a fairly straight forward purchase that Maitland handled very professionally, they were on the case throughout never assuming things were going ahead, always checking and moving things along. When I put the offer in, Maitland gave me some excellent advice which was not entirely to their advantage but in retrospect was probably the difference between deal and no deal. They did some excellent negotiation on my behalf (I was also selling with them) and got the chain back together when it looked like it was falling apart. In general I have a fairly low opinion of anyone with 'agent' in their job title but the team at Maitland put a massive dent in that spot of bigotry.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  18/11/2014

Thank you very much Ken, We are glad we were able to assist you throughout both the selling and buying process. I hope that you are settling in well into your new property. Dealing with testing chains can often be the difference between a sale completing or not which is definitely where having experienced staff plays a huge part. Wishing you all the very best. Warm Regards Maitland's
  17. A 4-star review by 'Jonathan' 11/11/2014

Sharlotte Rapson, David Hanford
    £650

Sharlotte RapsonDavid Hanford

From finding a property to chooseing this one i believe the service i have recieved has been very good. The team especially Sharlotte and David have helped me and have provided excellent and very professional service. The only reason i haven't rated my overall experiance as excellent is due to a couple of return calls that i never recieved so i had to chase with the office.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/11/2014

Thank you for your review Jonathan, We are really pleased to hear that we were able to assist you in finding a property to rent. Sharlotte and David are delighted to receive such lovely comments. We appreciate your feedback regarding issues in calls not being returned as this is something we can look to ensure doesn't happen going forward so thank you once again. Wishing you all the very best going forward, If we can offer any assistance at any time then please feel free to contact us. Warmest Regards
  18. A 5-star review by 'Sophie Hewett' 10/11/2014

£375
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely great service! Lovely, friendly staff who helped in every way possible making our move quick and easy! Would highly recommend!

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/11/2014

Brilliant review thank you very much Sophie. We are always delighted to hear that our customers would be happy to recommend us. Great to hear that we were able to make your move quick and easy. We are always on hand if required going further so please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything. Warmest Regards Maitland's
  19. A 5-star review by 'Miles Noble' 10/11/2014

Claire Burt, David Hanford
    £750

Claire BurtDavid Hanford

Thank you so much for the excellent, professional service I received from the team at Maitlands but a special thanks to David and Claire for everything.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/11/2014

Thank you very much Miles, Its fantastic to receive such a positive review from our valued landlords. Claire and David really appreciate your comments and thanks and wanted to pass on that they look forward to working with you going forward. Wishing you all the very best. Warmest Regards Maitland's
  20. A 5-star review by 'Lee' 6/11/2014

£950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From start to finish we found Maitlands very professional and accommodating. All the steps were explained and we felt valued as a customer. Very pleased with the service.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/11/2014

Thank you Lee, We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with the service you received from Maitland's and our lettings team. We hope that you have settled in well into your new property and are of course always on hand if you need any assistance now or going forward. Sending our best regards from lettings and the team at Maitland's.
  21. A 4-star review by 'Lee' 6/11/2014

Pl7
    £875

Sharlotte Rapson

We both felt that the service was good and enough contact was kept without being over intrusive. Sharlott was punctual and very friendly, assisting us when required.

22. A 5-star review by 'Jono Smart' 4/11/2014

£1400

Sharlotte Rapson

Superb, efficient and friendly service.

Couldn't have asked for more.

Recommended both the village and the property - so wouldn't have been here without her advice.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  04/11/2014

Thank you for your feedback, its brilliant to get feedback from our tenants. We are really pleased that you are happy with the property and the location you have chosen and hope you are settling in well. We really do pride ourselves on offering the best possible service and its great to hear we have been successful in getting you moved. If you do require anything further you can always contact us at any time. Warm Regards Maitland's
  23. A 5-star review by 'Bob' 1/11/2014

£345000

Charlie Green

Charlie Green was always helpful & enthusiastic throughout the process. There were many obstacles put in our path by the vendor, a company, but Charlie helped us overcome some, and accept others, even though we came close to pulling out once or twice. Without her we would never have been able to buy what we hope will be a fabulous flat. Thanks Charlie.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS THE PURCHASER WE DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FEES. DID THE AGENT ACHIEVE THE BEST PRICE - YES, AS WE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE ANY HIGHER.”

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  04/11/2014

Thank you very much Bob for adding your review. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with your purchase despite the difficulties faced along the way. Charlie is really pleased to receive such lovely comments and has asked me to pass on her thanks to you and wish you all the very best. We are always on hand now and in the future if you require any further assistance so please don't hesitate to contact us. Warm Regards from all the team at Maitland's.
  24. A 4-star review by 'laura' 1/11/2014

No branch selected
    pl12
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very friendly and helpful. Have reported a fault about the house just awaiting repair of the door that doesn't lock properly. All very helpful. No problems

“NO PROBLEMS”

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  05/11/2014

Thank you very much Laura. Really pleased that you found us helpful and friendly throughout dealing with us when searching for a letting property. Glad we were able to find the right property for you and hope you are settling well. Warm Regards from Lettings and the Team at Maitland's.
  25. A 4-star review by 'Gill' 31/10/2014

Pl7
    £725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have a fully managed arrangement with maitlands for the cottage which works very well and we have always been very satisfied with their service

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  04/11/2014

Thank you very much Gill for taking the time to share your feedback regarding how you find our service as one of our valued Landlords. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with our fully managed services and certainly look forward to continuing to work with you going forward. Warm Regards from the Lettings team and Maitland's
  26. A 5-star review by 'Fiona Banks' 29/10/2014

Karen Mayhew
    PL7
    £120

Karen Mayhew

I cannot praise Karen at Maitlands highly enough. Our property was on the market with another agent for some time and we knew we needed to get Maitlands on board. Our property had some difficult aspects to it and Karen knew exactly how to deal with it. Her knowledge of tricky listed buildings and level of professionalism was second to none. We loved Mailtlands and the team so much we bought from them also. Both selling and purchasing from them was a dream. The expertise of all the staff is outstanding. They gave us such faith and confidence. Whilst we appreciate that Maitlands is a little more expensive than other agents in Plympton, it was worth EVERY penny. The peace of mind we got from working with them could not be bought. I would recommend Maitlands in Plympton without a doubt. Whilst we mainly dealt with Karen, it was a team effort and we felt confident that all the staff were working for us. Lia was great, we are very impressed with how she managed and looked after our buyer, an important job! Thank you to everyone for looking after us so amazingly!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WORTH PAYING THE EXTRA COMPARED TO OTHER AGENTS IN PLYMPTON.”

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  29/10/2014

Many Thanks Fiona. Your feedback is truly appreciated by everyone in particular Karen, Lia and the Plympton team. We are delighted to hear that we were able to assist you in selling your property after not having any success with another agent. Its brilliant to hear that the team worked hard together to enable your move and your positive review really does make the job we do worthwhile. We pride ourselves on offering the best quality of customer service we can every time and with the range of services we offer this means we are not generally the cheapest agent but its fantastic when our customers appreciate that what we offer is worth any extra. Wishing you all the very best in the future and please contact us if you require anything at all now or in the future. Warmest Regards Maitlands
  27. A 5-star review by 'jpdunj' 26/10/2014

No branch selected
    Clare Biddlecombe
    pl1

Clare Biddlecombe

Maitlands Lettings provided a superb service from start to finish, from helping me fill out the forms to getting me a good tenant at a great price. all the team were fantastic especially Sharlotte who kept me informed all the time, Sue who helped me with the forms, Claire who started off the process and Gemma and Carla who I also had contact with.
    Would highly recommend Maitlands Lettings to anyone, highly professional team who go the extra mile to help.

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  29/10/2014

Such a brilliant review for the whole of the lettings team, thank you very much. Its always fantastic when you get the whole team experience. We are of course delighted that you would recommend our services to others. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can offer any assistance. Warm regards from all the lettings team and Maitland's.
  28. A 5-star review by 'Benjamin M' 19/10/2014

PL2
    £192500

Charlie Green

My partner and I recently purchased a property that was being marketed by Maitlands.

As first time buyers we thought we received the utmost dedication from the Maitlands city team and our property consultant Charlie.
    Charlie handled our custom with importance and extreme professionalism.
    Issues that we had on our side of the purchase, when mentioned directly to Charlie she tried whatever she could to help us through and gave us extra confidence when needed during this period.
    On our completion day our seller's contract had yet to delivered to their solicitor. We were stressed on the... (read more)

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Thank you very much Benjamin. We are really delighted to read your review. The moving process can certainly be stressful so to hear that we were able to assist in making your move happen is fantastic. Charlie and the city office are delighted with your comments, they pride themselves immensely on their teamwork and recognise what needs to be done. We are so pleased to hear that you would recommend us and it brings us great pleasure to hear that you are happy in your new home. We are always on hand now or in the future if you require any further help. Many Thanks and Warm Regards from the team at Maitlands
  29. A 5-star review by 'Sarah & Iain Wylie' 18/10/2014

Darren Desmond, Charlie Green
    PL2
    £71000

Darren DesmondCharlie Green

Well what can I say, our property went on the market with Maitlands on the Friday and by Monday morning we'd had two viewings & two offers...it's now exchanged & completed a few weeks later. This may not be too unusual but this same property had been on the market with another agent for just under a year without a single offer. Darren, Charlie & Emily &, in actual fact, everyone we dealt with at Maitlands were always friendly, professional, helpful & went out of their way to provide a fantastic service. We saw three Plymouth agents when trying to find someone new to put the property on the market with & are so glad we chose Darren/Maitlands because basically they have done exactly what they said on the tin (and more)!

View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/10/2014

Wow, what a difference an agent makes! Congratulations on your recent sale, City are delighted that they could help you achieve your move. Its astounding to think that you were on the market with another agent for the best part of a year with not a single offer yet within a few days of proactive marketing we were able to get you on your way. This is a fantastic example of how agents are different and we don't all operate in the same way. By posting your review we hope that it encourages others to rethink if they are on with an agent and not having any success as a change of agent could really make all the difference! Wishing you all the very best, thank you again for taking the time to add such a lovely review. Warm Regards Maitland's