Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Maitlands Sales & Lettings

Agent rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 310 ratings. This website contains 310 user reviews of Maitlands Sales & Lettings.

• Transparent Agent

• Maitlands Sales & Lettings actively promote the views of their customers by linking directly from their website to this page. Transparent agent reviews are subject to additional random verification checks.

Maitlands Sales & Lettings have also signed a declaration to maintain public access to open and independent customer feedback and are awarded this best practice transparency profile by AllAgents.

Filter Reviews

• 6 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Maitlands Sales & Lettings is currently unavailable.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 11)

Page last updated on: 23-Apr-2014 20:00:47

1. A 5-star review by 'Mrs B H' 23/4/2014

Claire Burt, Gemma Clifton
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the initial point of contact, Claire and Gemma were very helpful and able to guide me through the process and procedures of letting out my property. They kept me informed of progress throughout and were always willing to go the extra step to secure a letting for me in a very short period of time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 5-star review by 'Mr Kay' 22/4/2014

Gemma O\'Flynn
    PL3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Gemma was really professional, helpful and very proactive in all the queries we raised to achieve the tenancy agreement to go through. We were always updated where we were with our referencing checks and fully informed what information that was required for completion. The signing of the tenancy agreement was very relaxed and straight forward procedure running through the infantry and conditions which eased and reduced the pressure.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 5-star review by 'Nads' 14/4/2014

96D The Ridgeway
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Maitlands have been fantastic agent. They have been helpful, patient, and been great with the communication. They have helped beyond the expectations the contract requested. They have found great tenants which is a very desirable. I would recommend them and I will go back time and time again.

4. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  15/04/2014

Fantastic comments thank you very much. Its brilliant to hear that not only were you pleased with our service but that you would look to return back to us in the future always great to hear! Wishing you all the best and we look forward to working with you in the future
  5. A 5-star review by 'Lee Pengelly' 9/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

An excellent service from start to finish, Sue was very helpful with the initial viewings and with the actual rental property intro. Very good and prompt communication with myself and landlady relaying questions.

6. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  10/04/2014

Thank you so much Lee for taking your time to share your feedback. Sue is delighted to hear of your comments and we are pleased that you felt our service was excellent. We are always looking at ways to offer the best possible service and strive hard to hit this every time with every customer. PLease do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can offer any assistance. Kind Regards
  7. A 5-star review by 'Kristal Symons' 9/4/2014

No Branch Selected
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both of the agents that I dealt with were fantastic. Approachable, knowledgable and pleasant in character. Any queries were dealt with promptly and professionally.

8. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  10/04/2014

Fantastic feedback Kristal thank you very much. Maitlands are delighted to receive such a great review regarding your recent experience with our lettings team. We are of course always on hand to help so please do not hesitate to contact us further. All the best for the future
  9. A 2-star review by 'Jarek' 9/4/2014

PL4
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

Overall customer service at a very poor level. Agent didn't know basic information about the property and wasn't able to find it out. After almost 2 weeks since moving in we are still waiting for some information to come. Also, was giving us misleading information (small details but important when you're moving in). Generally, through he whole process we felt like not their clients but rather subjects of a transaction. Also, from the start with they have been telling us that for any maintenance related matters WE MUST USE website, not call them. When we used the website, it told us WE MUST CALL THE OFFICE. Why bother with the website in a first place then? Good for them that plumber arrived on a short notice. At this moment I would not recommend them to either tenants or landlords. Prior to this I have been a client of smaller agency and Maitlands could learn from them how to handle customers. The only positives were that referencing fees were reasonable (to compare with larger agencies) and that the deposit was the same value as the rent, not higher.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (3)by Claire Burt  10/04/2014

Dear Jarek, thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am really disappointed to read your comments and I would like the opportunity to discuss this situation with you. As you can see many of our tenants have had a totally different experience. I am glad to read that your maintenance issue was dealt with within the same day. As you are aware we have introduced a new tenant repair reporting system that has proven to be a great success. This has been introduced so all tenants can report a problem at any given time and filters out issues that maybe of an immediate nature. Please could you contact me direct on 01752 661111. Kind Regards Claire Burt Lettings Manager
  11. A 5-star review by 'Sara and Darren' 4/4/2014

PL12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Cannot thank this team enough for all the help and attention they have given us throughout the buying process. From day 1 when looking for a property Robyn took particular care and attention to find us a property that would be suitable for us, the house we are now purchasing is what she suggested and it's perfect. Her colleague helped us look round the property and assisted us in making an offer, which was really helpful as we was first time buyers and didn't know what was required. From that day regular (weekly) contact has been made with us and the solicitor, the process does seem to be... (read more)

12. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  08/04/2014

Hi Sara and Darren, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent experience with our Saltash branch. Claire and Robyn are delighted with your feedback and Maitlands are extremely pleased to hear such positive comments regarding all aspects of our service. Buying or Selling a property can be a daunting task, in particular as first time buyers so we always try our best to hold our customers hand throughout the process trying to alleviate as much of the stress as possible. Wishing you all the very best in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with anything at all you may need.
  13. A 3-star review by 'Irvine-Masztalerz.' 27/3/2014

Conveyancing
    Henry Lowson, Lauren Simmonds
    PL12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I dealt with Maitlands Saltash as part of a chain. My reason for leaving comments with the Saltash Branch are due to the fact that the Saltash branch appeared to do most of the chasing despite dealing and selling through the city branch. Unfortunately we were not part of a smooth chain - from the start there were inconsistencies with paperwork and despite instructions taking place with the rest of the chain on 2nd Jan, Saltash did not appear to chase their vendor until 2/3 weeks after this date they stated that they were not aware that there was urgency in the chain despite the fact that I... (read more)

14. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  27/03/2014

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to add a review regarding your recent experience. As a company who prides themselves on offering the best customer service experience possible it is extremely valuable when we receive feedback highlighting areas which we can look to improve upon. We are of course delighted that you would continue to recommend and return to use our services and can assure you we are always accessing and aiming to work hard to ensure we are offering the best possible Maitlands experience. If you would like to contact me further to discuss then please don't hesitate to email me at julie.haimes@maitlands.biz. Wishing you all the best for the future
  15. A 5-star review by 'Gordon Field' 24/3/2014

Claire Burt, sue burch
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a landlord for twelve years and my expectations of letting agents from previous experience has been very low and had stopped using agents for all aspects of letting. On recommendation I used Maitlands and have to say the experience was eye opening, I only needed one meeting with Claire and Sue and everything was sorted.
    I was so impressed from the initial meeting and the follow up communications from Gemma, Sharlotte and Clara that I opted to let Maitlands manage the complete management package.
    Very impressed with the speed of transferring rent into my account and detailed statement of account.
    Thank you for answering all my silly little questions I asked like meter reading etc. Great service, highly recommend Maitlands.

16. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  27/03/2014

Hi Gordon, What lovely positive comments for our lettings branch. Its remarkable how many people have been or are in the same situation as you were ie you had used letting agents previously and had had a bad experience and therefore refrain from using letting agents full stop. We are delighted to hear that we have impressed you with our service levels and hope that you would consider us and perhaps recommend us to other landlords in the future. Warm Regards
  17. A 5-star review by 'hjgrumps' 24/3/2014

David Turnbull, Claire Burt
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Started with David to view property and negotiations. It was then handed to Clare. I was informed of this.
    Clare kept me up to date with everything that was going on regarding contracts and completion etc.
    She was very helpful and enthusiastic. I did receive some lovely flowers on the day of completion. I did tell my partner that I bought them for her. I think I will be found out.
    GOOD service

18. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  25/03/2014

Thank you for your feedback, it made me laugh and smile. We are of course delighted to hear that you were pleased with the service you received from both David and Claire, its always fabulous to know that you were kept fully updated throughout the process and were happy overall. Good Luck with keeping the flowers a secret!!! Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future if we can offer any further assistance

1. A 5-star review by 'Mrs G Miller' 21/3/2014

Gemma Clifton, Sharlotte
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Gemma and Sharlotte (in Gemma's absence) were very informative, prompt in responding to my emails and queries and very courteous. This appears to be a business that is run very efficiently, which as a new landlord has been very reassuring.

2. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  01/04/2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your feedback regarding your recent experience with us as a landlord. We always try to offer the same level of service to all landlords whether new or existing and we are pleased that you have been happy with our service. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can offer any further assistance
  3. A 5-star review by 'Chris Baxter-Coyle' 18/3/2014

David Turnbull
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Absolutely fantastic service, we sold through Connells in Torquay which we received the worst service imaginable, but thanks to David and the team at mainlands our sale and purchase went through.
    Their communication was always great, they always chased other estate agents and solicitors to push the sale and purchase through.
    We would 100% recommend mainlands and the ivybridge team to anybody looking for a smooth process from beginning to end these guys really know what they are doing.
    Many thanks for all your hard work.

4. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  27/03/2014

Hi Chris. What fabulous feedback for Maitlands. We definitely pride ourselves on working hard once a sale has been agreed. Often this can be the difference between a sale proceeding as smoothly and as swiftly as possible and can be where the hard work begins ensuring a chain ties together with everyone working towards the same goal. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the same service from your selling agent but of course are pleased we were able to assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can offer any further assistance
  5. A 5-star review by 'J' 18/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The telephone was always answered promptly. I was kept regularly informed of progress. The staff were efficient, friendly and positive.

6. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  25/03/2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the service you received. We are pleased that on this occasion you were happy with the service levels provided and of course are here to help in the future if required
  7. A 4-star review by 'Dave Tucker' 18/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Good contact, and always returned a call within a shirt period of time. Clear instructions on where to meet and what paper work I should bring.

8. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  25/03/2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the contact and communication levels you received from our lettings team. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance in the near future
  9. A 5-star review by 'Mo' 11/3/2014

Chain , Genna
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We Had A Very Complicted Chain,Genna was on top of it all througout,she checked on the chain weekly and sorted out problems as they arose.Genna and all the maitlands staff were supportive and so helpful throughout in fact she went above and beyond the call of duty,in the unlikely event of us moving again I would not hesitate in using Maitlands and would highly recommend them.

10. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  25/03/2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer some feedback and comments on how you found the service levels. We try our best to recognise that sometimes when buying or selling a property it can be complicated especially if there is a complicated chain. We are so pleased to hear that in this instance we have excelled in the service we have provided and appreciate you recognising that Genna and the other staff went above and beyond the call of duty. We always pride ourselves on being prepared to go the extra mile! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can offer any assistance in the near future
  11. A 5-star review by 'Ashleigh Fryatt' 11/3/2014

Gemma Clifton
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From our first enquiry with Maitlands, we can not praise the company enough. Nothing is a hassle, nothing seems like it's a chore.

All the way through the process of enquiry, viewing, processing our application, and even now after the fact, with a couple of little issues we've had, the level of professional service we have had eclipses the way we were treat by our previous letters.

We would like to bring particular attention to Gemma, she has been fantastic all the way through.

Many thanks.

12. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/03/2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with our Lettings office. It is always great to hear positive feedback and to know that when any problems arise we resolve them in a manner that you were happy with. Gemma is delighted with your feedback, its always great when individual team members get recognised for their hard work and dedication
  13. A 4-star review by 'Sean Tidball' 7/3/2014

sue burch
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It ran smooth and well. Sue was very friendly and helpful throughout. Me and my partner are very happy here and would use Maitlands in the future.

14. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/03/2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding our lettings branch. Sue is delighted that you found her helpful and friendly throughout and its always the best possible feedback when people say they would use us in the future. All the best for the future
  15. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'JD' 7/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Claire was a pleasure to work with, she gave me confidence in her ability from the first meeting and didn't fail to deliver on everything she had said she would do and very promptly. I would recomend Fine & Country Lettings for a very professional service

16. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  08/04/2014

Thank you very much for spending the time to share your thoughts and feedback regarding your recent dealings with the Fine & Country Lettings team. We are delighted that from the very first instance you were pleased with the service levels we delivered and hope that in the future you will return to us for any further assistance. It is always greatly appreciated when we get to hear such fantastic reviews from any of our valued Landlords. Kind Regards, Maitlands
  17. A 5-star review by 'Christiana' 7/3/2014

No Branch Selected
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both ladies were very helpful throughout the procedure, were explaining both to myself and my husband in great detail about the steps to take and everything run extremely smoothly and if I may say the welcoming gift for us was a lovely touch!
    We hope it continues like this!!:)

18. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/03/2014

Fantastic feedback thank you, we really do appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent experience. We are glad you liked the welcome gift and wish you every success and happiness in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of assistance.
  19. A 5-star review by 'William' 6/3/2014

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After a false start with a rival company we asked Maitlands to take over the sale of our property.
    Right from the starting block we were off, clearly the difference was like chalk and cheese.
    We did not have to chase for a response to viewings, or any question, what a difference!.
    We were also most impressed that whomever we spoke to followed up on questions without passing it to someone else. This is truly a team effort.
    I can't recommend this branch highly enough. Well done to all the staff.

20. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/03/2014

Wow, what amazing feedback! Its always great to get such fantastic comments from one of our clients, in particular We always value when our customers have experienced using other agents and then come to us and recognise that our service levels and work ethos is above and beyond our competitors. It is so easy for people to presume that agents are all the same and do the same job when in reality we pride ourselves on being different and excelling on every occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance!

1. A 5-star review by 'Chris & Paula' 6/3/2014

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic service , they got people through the door and kept me informed of progress
    Sold my house quickly and efficiantly
    charges were competitive also, worth every penny
    I would always use Maitlands for all my property needs

2. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/03/2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments, We are never going to be the cheapest agent but we are certainly pleased when our customers are pleased with our service and feel that we are value for money. We always strive to work hard and efficiently and offer the best possible service on all occasions so we are delighted we have concluded your house sale successfully. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can offer any assistance in the future
  3. A 5-star review by 'Shirley Bradley' 6/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We found all the team in the lettings department at Maitlands( Millbay )that we had dealings with friendly, efficient and generally left us with the strong impression that our flat would be looked after in the manner we would wish for. We have a holiday lettings business in England and abroad so are probably quite sensitive as to how a property should be kept, proper weight given to safety regulations etc, and we felt very reassured by the dealings we have had with Maitlands in all these aspects of property letting.. They found us a suitable tenant very quickly and we feel confident that we have left them to manage the property and tenants for us in a professional but friendly manner.

4. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  12/03/2014

Thank you very much for your feedback, its fabulous for us to hear such great comments from one of our valued landlords. We are always striving to offer the best possible service and recognise that out customers need to feel in safe hands when allowing us to handle the marketing of their properties. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can assist you with anything further
  5. A 5-star review by 'Cjay78' 3/3/2014

Charlie Green
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

With the amazing customer service that I have received from Charlie Green I thought it only proper to write about my experience. I am new to the buy to let game and so I needed quite a bit of handholding through the buying experience and Charlie provided me with all of the support that I needed. Charlie worked tirelessly to find exactly the right property for me and my budget. This involved viewing the properties outside of office hours (due to work commitments). It also involved Charlie answering texts and calls at various hours to reassure and to advise. Charlie also recommended lawyers and a mortgage broker and they have also been a pleasure to work with. I would not have any hesitations in recommending Charlie and Maitlands.

6. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  06/03/2014

Wow, what fantastic feedback. Its always fabulous to hear positive reviews and your experience is a perfect example of how as a company we always try to strive to go above and beyond in trying to assist our customers throughout every process. Charlie is a valued member of our team who prides herself on always going the extra mile so we really appreciate you taking the time to recognise her hard work and dedication. Wishing you all the best in the future!
  7. A 5-star review by 'J Gilbert' 24/2/2014

David Turnbull
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

David is an extremely efficient estate agent and Maitlands clients, whether vendors or purchasers, are always guaranteed a first-class service from him. His communication is excellent and he promptly updates on any developments throughout the sales process. Maitlands would always be my first choice for buying or selling a property; they endeavour to make what can be a stressful time run as smoothly as possible. I have purchased and sold properties a number of times with Maitlands and always feel secure in the knowledge that it is handled in a truly professional manner.

8. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  11/03/2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted to hear of your experience with our Ivybridge office and in particular David. We really believe that communication is key and are delighted to hear that David helped make your moving experience as stress free as possible. Wishing you all the very best for the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if we can assist any further in the future
  9. A 5-star review by 'Alix and Ian' 20/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very many thanks to Claire and the Lettings Team at Maitlands for helping us with our new home. They really did go "above and beyond" and their customer care was excellent, always polite and very efficient. We would definitely recommend them. Many thanks. Alix and Ian

10. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  08/04/2014

Thank you very much Alix and Ian for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with lettings as a tenant. We really do value our tenants feedback and its fantastic to hear that you were satisfied with our service levels. We always try our best to excel when it comes to customer care and we are delighted that in your experience that this was the case. Kind Regards. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can offer any further assistance.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Hallet close' 15/2/2014

PL
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have always found staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. With a very professional attitude at all times.
    We would definately use maitlands again if we were looking to let a property in the saltash area.

12. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  20/02/2014

Thank you very much, definitely appreciate our landlords taking the time to share some feedback on how they found our service and we are of course delighted to hear that you would consider using ourselves again. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you require any assistance. Wishing you all the best!
  13. A 3-star review by 'Simon' 5/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

In the early stages, I felt they were not particularly proactive in getting the property on the market and addressing the various matters that needed to be; there was also a lack of effective communication.
    However, after raising some observations about the service received, I found them to be very responsive and far more pro-active in keeping me up to date with progress and also arranging viewings.

14. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  13/02/2014

Hi Simon, Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are course disappointed that you felt we weren't proactive in the initial stages as as an agent we very much would like to consider ourselves a proactive company. We are of course delighted to hear that this situation was rectified and that you were pleased with how we proceeded going forward. Wishing you all the best for the future, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance.
  15. A 5-star review by 'Ali -Gator' 20/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was shown around the house and was not rushed at all I had plenty of time to have a really good look and measure. I was then kept informed as to what stage I was at with the renting procedure until I signed for the property and was given the keys. I was even supplied with a moving in gift bag which had some really useful items in it. I would not hesitate to recommend Maitlands.

16. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  21/01/2014

Hi Thank you so much for taking time to write a review your experience with the lettings office. We are glad that you felt well informed throughout the process as we very much believe communication is key! Glad you liked the gift bag we feel they are very useful when moving and at a time when everything else you need is always packed at the bottom of a box somewhere!! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future if we can assist you any further on 0808 178 9866
  17. A 4-star review by 'Fay Dowell' 14/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

After I contacted Maitlands regarding the property I wished to view, Maitlands were able to arrange a viewing and correct and queries I had regarding the property promptly. The process was dealt with quickly which helped us as we needed to move unexpectedly. When producing our contract for the property I feel there were a few changes with our contract which could have been clarified over the phone rather via email, as this is the most important part of the moving in process for a tenant. Overall it was an easy and relaxed process.

18. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  16/01/2014

Hi Fay. Thank you so much for your comments. We really value feedback from all of our customers but it is always great to get a response from tenants looking for a rental property and how they find the process especially any areas that we can look to improve as we are always striving to offer the best service possible. Good luck in your new property and if we can help any further in the future please feel free to contact Julie at Customer Services on 0808 178 9866
  19. A 4-star review by 'Adrian' 26/11/2013

sharlotte rapson
    PL
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Sharlotte was prompt, accessible and helpful. She facilitated contact with the landlord and processed the paperwork promptly. When she was not available, a colleague took messages and dealt with things.

20. View All Comments (1)by Julie Haimes  03/12/2013

Thank you Adrian for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with the Lettings team and in particular Sharlotte. We are always pleased to hear such positive feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can assist you any further

Page: