Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation

Keith Pattinson Estate Agents

Agent rating: 1.7 out of 5.0 based on 88 ratings. This website contains 86 user reviews of Keith Pattinson Estate Agents.

Filter Reviews

• 15 recommend
  • 73 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Pattinson Estate Agents offer the complete range of property solutions over the largest branch network in the North East, services include: Residential Sales (including the option of selling with no sales fee), lettings, property management, conveyancing, property auctions, commercial and business transfer sales and surveys and energy performance certificates. We are available 8am-9pm 7 days a week!

Keith Pattinson Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Keith Pattinson Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 31-Mar-2015 15:46:14

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

1. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    51 Fawcett Street (Sunderland) (Tyne and Wear)
    sr7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Came hundreds of miles to view a property to find they had not turned up for appointment. Said they had left message on my answerphone but they had not. I spoke with this self centered female who showed complete contempt. The woman claimed she had not been given the key. She still could have let me know!

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“turned up for appointment or let me know they couldn't”

2. 1

Branch:
    55 Medomsley Road (Consett) (County Durham)
    DH8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible service from a terrible company, avoid at all costs. Blatantly mis-sold an auction contract and now refuse to acknowledge complains and give contract termination date. Staff are quick to respond to possible sales but terrible at replying to customer complaints. Probably the worst company i've ever used for ANYTHING.. Issue raised with their Finance director who refuses to reply to emails. Do yourself a favour and AVOID AT ALL COSTSs

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    224 Chillingham Road (Heaton) (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    ne6
    £600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They have been a nightmare since day one,when we took on the property a few years ago they quoted us a lower figure for deposit/fees. It was �100 more than expected so I had to borrow money. The required us both to have gaurantors which was a long and gruelling process. We desperately needs our sink and fridge replaced for a considerable amount of time and even then the sink wa smerely repaired (badly). When we finally decided to move out they tried to charge us extra rent and conveniently lost the email we sent them regarding notice (which has to be one month). In my opinion they are the worst letting agency I have ever come into contact with. Unorganised,rude and highly unprofessional. DO NOT USE THEM!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADDITONAL FEES ADDED AFTER MOVING OUT.”

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Additonal fees added after moving out.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 1 -star review by ''

ne6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am still looking for a house so I do not want to go into details of why I am writing a negative review in case it makes the service even poorer. I will just say that I spoke to a few different members of staff and after a few mistakes had been made on their end, I received no apologies and little was done to rectify the situation. When I am looking for houses now, the only way I would go for a Pattinson's property, would be if it looked like the perfect house for me. As their pictures and descriptions do not seem the best, I doubt this will happen.

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Customer care training definitely required! You are loosing yourselves thousands of pounds of business every week and letting down your customers (both buying and selling). It is such a shame since you have so many lovely properties.”

5. 4

Branch:
    7 Charlotte Terrace (South Shields) (Tyne and Wear)
    ne34
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Just been released from my contract , could not have come sooner , i can now appoint an agent who intends to try and sell my property. Property has now been on the market for over 3 months , unfortunatley it took the staff at the south shields branch over 2 months to inform me that i was asking too much , albeit , the price was based on their valuation ,, this gem of information i recieved via a phone call from myself to the office , something i had to do every once in a while as communication and updates are non existant.
    I have took it upon myself to lower the asking price by £10,000... (read more)

6. 4

NE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

No respect from the agency at all.

My husband and I were going to view a property at 12pm this morning in Benton NE3. Unlucky the metro got delayed plus we traveled quite a long distance, so it was exactly 12pm when we arrived the area but we had to walk 10 minutes to the property. I called the agency straight away apologizing for our being late. What shocked me was the girl who picked up the phone was saying that they could not wait for 10 minutes because the next viewing was 12.15pm. And she also said we should take a taxi there but not metro.

First, I viewed property with so many... (read more)

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“No. If they could show their customer basic respect and understanding. But definitely no more for me.”

7. 2

NE23
    £430
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Partner and I rented a property through pattinsons from a private landlord, with the acception of a few issues such as ignoring repairs the time in the property was larely plesent. However a year after we decided to move out, having had no prior complaints, from the moment of announcing our notice the landlord became unreasonable, aggressive and even violent, pattinsons simply did not care their landlord had behave this way and even though we had told them of her behavior they release peronal details of our application to her resulting in her now having our address. Now genuinly fear this woman that became violent with a woman 20 years her junior in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy because of this estate agent. Would never go through these people again who have no care for who they are passing tenants to as they are still her agent! Recommend anyone to avoid pattinsons and their landlords!

8. 1

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Ne23
    Sold Price
    £66000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Just recently purchased a flat at auction. We viewed the property twice and asked all the questions that I knew I needed to know. I asked on three occasions how long was left on the lease and in them 3 occasions I was told 57years. I won the property at auction and paid the £3600 deposit at £780 auction fees, non refundable. When my solicitor contacted me she advised me that there was in fact only 49years left on the lease, if I had known that I would not have bid on the property or at least reduced my final price!
    Miss sold a property due to false information given my sales staff and I am now looking into how to take this matter further. They say ask questions but how would you know if they lied, disgusting sales techniques.

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Give true information when asked.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 1 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Ne22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They did not have anyone specific dealing with my let. The process was myself constantly ringing and email the office. They were terrible

They could have backed the sales speech they gave with some action, any action,a phone call,email, letter, visit. Just done their job!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    224 Chillingham Road (Heaton) (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Ne6
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

1.) viewed on 8 July and took the place up. Landlord should have been over joy, but I was asked to move in on 21 July. I said fine. Drove 3 hours to pick up the keys on 21. I was told gas inspection not ready. I couldn't move in. No call, agent argue the move in date was 22. I asked her, when did you inform me that?
    2.) everything is dirty! Toilet has poo in it and yellow stains but it was marked clean. Ovens are filthy, they were marked clean. Light bulbs not on, marked no issue. Carpet was full of hair. Marked clean. Garden with over grown. Sinks are leaking. Fridge and freezers are dirty. All marked clean. Very unhappy about this.
    3.) reported kitchen sink leaking for a week and have not heard from them, if I were the landlord, I would be very worried.

This is the most unprofessional agent by far I have dealt with. I would never use them again.

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Be honest about the move in inventory. Not to make me pay when I move out when it is not my fault. I suspect they may try. At this point, I worry about their integrity.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 1 -star review by ''

ne5
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was informed by a member of staff I could leave the rented property one month early as the landlady was selling. I put my written notice in one month in advance of the new leaving date and I never heard anything so I presumed everything was ok for that date. On the day I was moving out I contacted them regarding the keys and was told that it was on the notes I was leaving early and to drop the keys off at Gosforth, which I did. A week later I got a call saying the landlady hadn't received her rent. I went through the whole explanation, to which I was told I was still liable for the rent... (read more)

13. 2

Branch:
    51 Fawcett Street (Sunderland) (Tyne and Wear)
    SR4
    Sold Price
    £102000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I knew how stressful selling a house could be so when Michael came out to my house I decided to take their "all inclusive" package for £2750.00 + VAT therefore £3300.00 as this was inclusive of solicitor fees and most other costs incurred when selling your property.
    I was assured by Michael that I would have nothing to do but sit back and leave it all to them.
    The process started off great and within four days I had had three viewings and really good feedback from Pattinsons after each viewing.
    I sold the house on the sixth day to a cash buyer and was informed by Pattinsons... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGHWAY ROBBERY, I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY IF THEY HAD DID WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO. IN REALITY THEY GOT PAID FOR VERY LITTLE WORK OR EFFORT BY THEM.”

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Their job and helped in the fact that they had taken full payment and also the solicitor had charged me as well, instead of telling me it\'s not their problem.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 1 -star review by ''

Ne23
    £375
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Well well well where do I start with these clowns!! When we was tenants they came to change a heater in our bathroom and said they would come to decorate as new heater was tiny compared with previous one so left holes and unpainted walls after the old one was removed. This never happened no contact no decorating nothing! Now since leaving the property they have not given us our deposit back even though it was apparently released 3 weeks ago! Now I'm no bank manager but 3 weeks to receive a payment is a joke our deposit was paid in cash too so no excuses! Also because they wasn't working the... (read more)

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Not charged massive high professional sized fees when they are so obviously amateurs in this industry!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  15. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Northumberland Place (North Shields) (Tyne and Wear)
    ne30
    Upload a reviwer profile image

absolutely dreadful company.would recommend that you have nothing to do with these people.could not begin to say what is wrong with these so called rics registered professionals.well known for bad morals and unethical practices,as other complainants have said avoid! avoid! avoid!

16. View All Comments (1)by Keith Pattinson Ltd  29/05/2014

Keith Pattinson Limited are committed to providing a high quality, accessible and responsive service to all our clients. However, if you believe that Keith Pattinson Ltd has failed to meet your expectations to the standard of service received, then please make us aware of your concerns by emailing customer.service@pattinson.co.uk If you are still not satisfied with the outcome you should then put your concerns in writing to: Susan Moore Finance Director Keith Pattinson Ltd 21 Ridley Place Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8JN Your letter will be acknowledged within three working days, a full investigation into your complaint will be carried out and a full response will be issued in writing within 21 working days. We would hope in all cases that any issues raised would be resolved at this point.
  17. A 1 -star review by ''

Ne22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Showed up late, didn't have keys to 2 properties .booked in advance.stated would try to get keys from Ashington branch .but stated it closed at 2 o'clock,if she got keys stated she would come out next day to view properties and stated she would phone to confirm .failed to phone . also failed to say Bedlington branch would also close at 2 pm.phoned head office to complain spoke to Sarah ,who stated she would contact Megan(agent). Megan failed on 2 occasions to contact us. A whole Saturday afternoon wasted waiting on phone calls Absolutely disgraceful and unprofessional. This also happened once before.

18. 1

NE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Tried to view a house which looked really really lovely. Pattinsons told me that it was due to be auctioned, but the buyers might accept an offer in advance. This appears to be how they usually work, looking at other reviews. The house looked affordable, and I was really really keen. Now, could I get Pattinsons to arrange a viewing? To be fair, there was one viewing I had to cancel as I was stuck in traffic, but when trying to rearrange, I have never met a more obstructive agent. I was prepared to offer higher than the house eventually sold for if it was as good as it looked, but any attempt at rearranging a viewing was thwarted. It really felt like they couldn't be bothered. When I, as a potential customer, was told that they wouldn't open up a house twice in one day (company policy, apparently) I gave up. Shame - looked like a lovely house. I'm sure the vendors would have liked the 10k more I would have been able to spend, too.

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Remember the prospective viewers really want to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds, some of which will come to you. Remember you are acting for the vendors, and if you put off viewers, you will not be popular with vendors.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  19. A 2 -star review by ''

NE22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am in the process of selling my property with Pattinsons, I was so disgusted with the way the Bedlington branch treat me I am now having to deal with the Ashington branch who were selling the property we are buying. I had an appointment made for someone to come back for a second viewing, unfortunately for me my father died the day before this viewing, so my youngest daughter rang the Bedlington office to cancel the viewing which was for the following afternoon, my husband and eldest daughter were in the room when the phone call was made and we thought that the appointment was cancelled,the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  20. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    76 Waterloo Road (Blyth) (Northumberland)
    Admin
    Ne24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I paid Pattinsons £4380,00 in Nov 2013 for a auction property and as the terms stated that i complete the deal with in 56 days. It is now March 2014 and i decided I wanted a full refund of the deposit. But I was told i would get a refund but only £3,600 back and not the admin fee. But the whole sale of the property was the fault of the seller and not me but i am the one who's going to pay a admin fee for absolute nothing the whole buying a property buying experince has been a nightmare.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    95 Station Road (Ashington) (Northumberland)
    Ne63
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold & bought a repossessed property with ashington branch & they were excellent !!
    Very helpful & I got the price I wanted for my property .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    95 Station Road (Ashington) (Northumberland)
    Ne63
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very helpful & I got the price I wanted for my property .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

24. 3

Branch:
    21/23 Ridley Place (Newcastle Upon Tyne) (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    Accounts
    NE13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Would not sell, rent or buy a wendy house with this estate agent I think they are sharks!!, sold my property 3 years ago through another estate agent, all fees were paid to them as they effected the sale, 6 months later keith pattinson sent me a bill for £1,500 claiming they had introduced the buyer and arranged the viewings which is lies!!, it is nearly 3 years down the line and they are still harrassing me with dead lines to pay up or court action, this is very stressful for both me and my family, i cannot sleep with worry. I have spoken to the estate agent that i sold the house through and they are backing me up 100% and will go to court with me, as they know i dont owe any money and they even spoke to keith pattinson during the time of the sale who in turn agreed they didnt effect the sale and said they would back down.
    *****please do not use this company they are con artists!!*****

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“LIARS AND SHARKS THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY”

25. 3

Branch:
    21/23 Ridley Place (Newcastle Upon Tyne) (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    HU3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

WARNING: DO NOT TRUST PATTINSON WITH YOUR PROPERTY.
    Appalling service, completely unethical in behaviour, break NAVA (National Auction and Valuers Association) and NFoPP (Property regulator) rules and regulations on a daily basis.
    I removed a property from them as they harassed us so much – forcing people to accept a bag of chips for a full property just to earn their extortionate fee of £5,000 + VAT (£6,000).
    Hundreds of phone calls from them bullying us into accepting a bag of chips, harassed us to the point that I reported them to NAVA and NFoPP.
    They are incompetent; the... (read more)

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Pattinson could have: 1. Adhered to code of conduct, laws and regulations of NAVA (National Auction and Valuers Association) 2. Adhered to ethics, laws and regulation of NFoPP (Property regulator) 3. Show no aggression towards clients – no bullying, victimisation of clients to force them into unfair terms to suit Pattinson 4. Been ethical and considerate – people do not want to be harassed by hundreds of phone calls and pressurised into dropping prices for their property/assets 5. Updated file notes 6. Been competent 7. Listen to the client/customer 8. Too many things to list here”

26. 2

Branch:
    3 Northumberland Place (North Shields) (Tyne and Wear)
    colin thomson, tony lovelock
    ne30
    no photo no photo
    colin thomsontony lovelock

terrible terrible company.problems with damp from start,taken 12 months with no sign of improvement.property managers changed and not even sure if landlady in america knows whats going on properly.Now they are trying to blame ourselves for mess,saying its condensation,even though the environmental health team have been out on countless occasions and think otherwise.Get the feeling they are incompetent and using current legislation(or lack of it) to bluff people into being conned out of their security deposit or worse.Quite happy to have totally independant damp survey done and for the media to be involved.AVOID at all costs,once contract is signed then rent has to be paid,even though this fully managed team not responsible for repairs unless paid for by landlord(loophole?)

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“absolutely no comment on those two”

27. 1

Branch:
    4 Fellside Road (Whickham) (County Durham)
    NE39
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would strongly advise anyone thinking of retaining this company to reconsider and find a more competent estate agent.
    It took several phone calls to change the missing and incorrect information pattinsons had placed on thier web site about our property, and in the following five months in which pattinsons attempted to sell our property we have had a total of four viewings, two of which i doubt were interested at all (time wasters or agents) ? One family kept waitng outside our property by thier sales staff for twenty minutes. And one that offered such a derisory amount it fell just short... (read more)

28. 2

Branch:
    88 Claypath (Durham) (County Durham)
    DH1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Cowboys. Lied about landlord possessions being removed from the property prior to occupation. Said they'd obtain a key for a locked cupboard then denied this. Very poor repair service.

Took an age chasing refund of deposit when we moved out, and then tried it on by trying to charge for ridiculous things from new carpets to a plumbing leak stain caused by one of their repairs!

6 weeks after arbitration (very successful on my behalf), they still chased me for outstanding money!

Don't have a clue what they're doing, very unprofessional and cannot be trusted. AVOID.

What could Keith Pattinson Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Not lied prior to property occupation and throughout tenancy.”

29. 2

ne3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They kept my damage deposit (600) for nearly 4 weeks after I left and Bill inspected the flat. Disgusyed. They were slow to respond when I had left. Led to many cash flow troubles at next property.

“See above”

30. 5

Branch:
    55 The Galleries (Washington) (Washington) (Tyne and Wear)
    ne38
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The admin charge you have is an absolute joke. It states that if the property is removed by the seller you require a small fee. Well you failed to sell our house and our other agent did so the sale went through but to you this is us removing it from the market... Why do you deserve such a payment for failure? I must also add that when we made the agreement with yourselves we were told the agreement was the same as the agreement we had with our first agent, and they do not ask for such an admin fee so we were lied to in that respect as well.

31. View All Comments (1)by adam2311  12/09/2013

Abd now they are lying saying there was an in depth discussion before we signed the contract saying we would still have to pay the admin fee if we changed to them when it was never mentioned once! This is a disgrace.
  32. 3

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    158 West Road (Newcastle upon Tyne) (Tyne and Wear)
    STEVEN FOSTER
    NE15
    no photo
    STEVEN FOSTER

I found the staff pro active in finding a buyer for my property. I initially had the property up with 2 Estate Agents but it soon became apparent that Pattinsons were the most pro active. Whenever they had a viewing, they were quick to follow it up for feed back and report back to me.
    I dealt mainly with Steven. He was efficient,knowledgeable and friendly. It was a difficult sale with numerous problems. Steven was able to deal with every problem that arose. He liased with solicitors, the buyer, and myself to bring the sale to a satisfactory conclusion. He kept in touch, returned phone calls and went that extra mile. I can't praise him enough. He is an asset to the company.
    I would definately use Pattinsons again.

33. View All Comments (1)by keith pattinson  16/07/2013

We welcome feedback,both positive and negative. These positive comments are motivational,while any negative ones help us resolve mis-understandings and issues. We always aim to delight clients,and welcome others to join our business,either full,part-time or even as self-employed partners.
  34. 6

Branch:
    76 Waterloo Road (Blyth) (Northumberland)
    ne24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

First off, no complaints about the girls in the local office. Very pleasant and never failed to call back.

The overall company, complete shysters. Sharks trying to turn a quick profit out of your home with their auction business model.

A letter arrived on the mat .... It's from Keith Pattinsons, 'Contact us URGENTLY! We have buyers waiting for properties in your street!' (Get used to this dramatic tone, many letters you subsequently receive from them contain the word URGENTLY in capital letters, usually suggesting you reduce the price of your property.)

Alas, I was convinced to... (read more)

35. 8

No branch selected
    DN5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Selling our house through the agent initially felt like a great thing to do. They arranged to auction the house at just below the market value which suited us as we needed a quick sale. As soon as the contract was signed we felt bullied into constantly lowering the reserve price by the staff. Even to the point where just before the auction they wanted to lower the reserve by another 15% to ensure a sale. I was pretty insulted by this and told them a firm NO. This did not go down well with them.
    I wen tto the auction and was disappointed by the number of actual buyers who showed up, most of... (read more)

Page: