Housesimple OnLine Estate Agents

Housesimple

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 211 ratings. This website contains 211 user reviews of Housesimple.

• Housesimple has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Housesimple, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 83 out of 14406 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.55 out of 5.00

• 193 recommend
  • 18 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 18
in the CO10 League Tables
1 out of 12
in the Sudbury League Tables
73 out of 25266
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Page last updated on: 02-Sep-2015 20:38:01

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 8)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Louise Hart, Josh Davidson
    TR12
    £700000
    Louise HartJosh Davidson

From the very start of the process, we were expertly helped to get the very best out of the marketing and presentation of our property. We opted for professional photographs to be taken and these were superb and certainly helped to show off our home to its best potential. Throughout the selling process we were able to see how our house was performing on Rightmove and what was needed to give it a boost etc. There was always someone at the end of the phone to give help if required and everyone worked as a team.
    When the actual sales process began, Louise Hart was first class with her exstencive negotiating skills, in order to achieve the best for us.
    We would not hesitate to recommend HouseSimple and have already done so, to several of our friends.
    Thank you to the entire team.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

SE14
    £580000
    Louise Hart

House Simple's service offer was explained well initially so we knew exactly what we were getting and during the sale process their responsiveness to events was excellent. I opted to conduct viewings myself and did find it a little onerous but I knew that House Simple provided a viewing service had I wanted a different arrangement. Overall I found the experience to be a good one and I will consider using them again in future.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Emma Bishop, Jenny Spalding
    S2
    £85000
    Emma BishopJenny Spalding

We cannot praise housesimple enough they offer an exceptional service for a fraction of the cost of any high street estate agent. They provide friendly and proficient members of their team dedicated to seeing your sale through to the end.

You have full control of what you want to include in your description of sale online and this process is very easy and user friendly, photos of our property were professionally taken and really do help to showcase your property.

I would recommend housesimple to anyone wishing to sell their property they really are excellent value for money and they can save you a fortune as moving house can be very costly.

Online estate agency is the way to go its so easy and stress free.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Tracey Curran
    WF2
    £147000
    Tracey Curran

I sold my house with housesimple and I found the experience really easy, everyone i dealt with was very professional.

I was originally only interested because of the price but I couldn't believe how many viewings I got, I thought being an online only agent would be a disadvantage but I sold much faster than my friends who used traditional agents.

I can honestly say house simple is the best estete agent I've ever used, and I've sold a number of properties in my time (5 to be precise), its not only because I saved a fortune thier service is great too

5. FEATURED REVIEW

S3
    £125000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was delighted with the massive saving we achieved through using Housesimple, and the service was good, seemed to be on a par or better than any high street estate agents we have dealt with.

We had a desirable property to sell, but we had accepted an offer the day after the advert went live (a Sunday). The floorplan and photos had been put together well and within a few days we were on Zoopla and Rightmove. We had to be at the property for viewings, which was fine for us. We were looking for a property to buy at the same time and of the 6 or 7 we looked at, all marketed through high street agents, the vendor showed us round each time. We paid the up-front one off fee and I did have reservations that the service might drop off as soon as the money cleared as they had no incentive to keep it up. This was not the case and a good service level was provided through all stages to completion.

High street estate agents are the absolute pits and I was so pleased we could save so much money, whilst receiving the same/better level of service.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Louise Hart, Lizzie Abbott
    Tn39
    £400000
    Louise HartLizzie Abbott

Excellent service throughout, no more than 4 rings on phone and straight through to the right people. Saved thousands of pounds and already recommended to loads of people.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    DE65
    £218000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have sold my home through House Simple, i found all members of staff I liaised with knowledgeable and helpful.
    The sale option i choose was very affordable (£2000 cheaper at least then selling with a tradition agent) and the pay monthly scheme was very useful.
    The best feature was being able to manage my account, update pictures which i did to include summer pictures of mt homes garden, and the ability to arrange viewing outside of normal working hours. On many occasions a viewing requests came in, in the evening or weekend and i was able to reply to these swiftly and enable the prospective buyer to view the property ASAP, i do believe with out this feature i wouldn't have got the buyer in have now.

Many thanks to all staff at House Simple for their help, and I have a will continue in the future highly recommend your services to friends ,family, and colleagues.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD, AND TO PAY MONTHLY REALLY HELPS WITH MY CASH FLOW.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Alex Gosling, Tom Holmes
    nw2
    Rent PCM
    £1755
    Alex GoslingTom Holmes

In terms of feedback, I have nothing but praise for housesimple. We marketed our property through 2 high street agents and housesimple. The number and calibre of prospective applicants that came through housesimple easily outshone the other agencies. Contacting housesimple was super easy, and I never waited long to speak to an actual human being. Each time they provided me with the exact response to my query, or followed up with a phone call. My only complaint is in terms of the UI of the website. When receiving a message, it doesn't show which applicant has sent the message on the 'viewings' tab, so I ended up checking the message via email first, and then responding to it via the housesimple website. Perhaps update the text message service so it includes the content of the applicant/vendors message along with their name, with a prompt at the end to log in to respond. Other than that, a superb service which I've been recommending to anyone who will listen! Keep on keeping on.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SO REASONABLE - £70 FOR ACCESS TO THEIR PORTAL, MARKETING THE PROPERTY ON ZOOPLA, RIGHTMOVE ETC AND FOR AN AST TEMPLATE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 2 -star review by ''

CV10
    £65250
    Would you use the agent again? No

I sold my property through housesimple who were cheap and online which was the good part however there customer service leaves a lot to be desired! The process initially went well and the photographer was professional and one of the good bits about the service I received. The staff who worked at the call centre weren't very good and I made numerous attempt to get my advert right as the floorplan was incorrect and without me asking for it to be uploaded numerous times probably still wouldn't have. The staff either don't communicate or their systems don't as one viewer had at least 2-3 calls asking for feedback. Once I sold they wouldn't even give me a memorandum of sale as apparently I hadn't signed up for sales progression! Well the service is about selling your property so I'm not asking for much and perhaps this needs to be addressed. I'm sure there were more occasions where I had to chase but I would be here for a while!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

WN8
    £492500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Brilliant service and great value for money. They did everything as per the advert and were most supportive and efficient. Why would you pay the extortionate high street rates when you can get service like this at a fraction of the cost. Highly recommended

“VALUE FOR MONEY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

CH66
    £85000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very easy to set up. I opted to do all the work myself. I took the photos with a special camera lens & took many to select the best. When I had a viewer I would meet the potential buyer at the property & help as much as possible to explain all the information I could on Council tax, utilities, & Management fees. I think this is the most important stage of a sale as the normal estate agents have a person to basically open the door & lock it again after the viewing. It's very important to tell the potentinal buyer as much information as possible as this is the only chance available to convince viewers that this is the property for them. After that the negotiation of price is simple & not at all embarrassing to talk money.
    It's a great service & will use again when I sell my next flat.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I TOOK THE MINIMAL FEES PAYABLE IE BASIC, WHICH SUITED MY NEEDS EXACTLY. I DID NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE & WAS SO GLAD ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS WERE OPTIONAL.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Emma Bishop
    CH5
    £215000
    Emma Bishop

We would definitely use Housesimple.com again and recommend it to others.

Our experience was very positive from the start:
    - the Housesimple approach gives you control over the advert on the web, ensuring that complete, accurate and relevant information is made available to viewers;
    - visits from the photographer/surveyor and energy surveyor were scheduled and took place within 48 hours of our first contact with Housesimple;
    - our property was listed on Rightmove within an hour of us confirming the details of the advert.

We had our first request for a viewing within a few hours of the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE REASONABLE. THERE'S ALSO FLEXIBILITY IN HOW MUCH TO PAY UP FRONT VERSUS ON-COMPLETION, AS WELL AS IN OPTIONAL EXTRAS.”

13. 1
    person found this

A 2 -star review by ''

TW12
    Would you use the agent again? No

Marketed my property with Housesimple because I was told I could manage viewings online and it was more reasonable price/service offering

First week went well then they decided to upgrade their website. Then everything stopped working

Phonecall 1: Sorry sir, we are having teething problems it is a known issue and we are working as a priority to fix it.

Phonecall 2 (3 days later): Hundreds of people are using our site, we are happy to help you with your problem (I have 3 PC's, 4 browsers and getting problems on all of them but its apparently 'my problem' because it works in their... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

NP15
    £380000
    Louise Hart

A brilliant, simple to use service that we will definitely use again and will recommend to friends. In fact we've already done so. Many thanks!

Comments on the Agents fees

“A VERY FAIR PRICE FOR THE SERVICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

RG26
    £460000
    Louise Hart

I was very impressed with Housesimple, a few elements of the service were a little disjointed however the helpfulness and enthusiasm of some of the staff more than made up for this. Emma And Josh were memorable but Louise Hart really stood out as being fantastic, really friendly, professional and helpful. The fees are Uber competitive when compared to high street agents, basically you can sell your house for hundreds rather than thousands. I would highly recommend them to anyone selling a house. They and their like must surely spell the end for overpriced high street agents?

Thank you House Simple for getting my house on the portals, the listing looked fantastic and ultimately put us in touch with our buyers. Thanks also for the friendly, efficient service (especially Louise) and also for the advice and encouragement when one sale fell through.

Great service!

Comments on the Agents fees

“HOUSE SIMPLE INCREASED THEIR FEES WHILE WE WERE ON THE MARKET WITH THEM. THEY WERE VERY COMPETITIVE VS OTHER ONLINE AGENTS WHEN I 1ST CHOSE THEM, I'M NOT SURE WITH THEIR NEW FEE STRUCTURE. HOWEVER STILL FANTASTIC VALUE COMPARED WITH TRADITIONAL AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

N7 6
    £375000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Housesimple were fantastic. Their service is just as professional and attentive as a high street agent, and in many ways even more so. The quality of the photographs was first class. Knowing I was responsible for contributing to the sale of my property also made it feel more personal and many viewers said they were really happy to be dealing with the owner direct and not via an agent, as often agents didn't know crucial information about the property. The fees are extremely reasonable and I achieved a price at the top end of high street agent valuations. Would wholeheartedly recommend Housesimple to others. It's odd that so many other markets have moved online and yet the estate agency models seems a bit behind - I really hope the likes of housesimple will challenge that and provide an alternative way for people to sell their homes.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Tom Holmes, Jenny Spalding
    e14
    Tom HolmesJenny Spalding

I cant sing my praises enough about my experience selling my flat through Housesimple. All other parties involved (solicitors etc) were horrendous - Housesimple was my reliable constant in the whole process.
    The team were exceptionally polite and helpful. My queries were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Amazing value for money.
    I have recommended Homesimple to all my friends and I will, without hesitation, use Housesimple for any house business going forward. Thanks all!

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT SERVICE, INCLUDING FLOORPLANS AND PICTURES. VERY GOOD VALUE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Emma Bishop, Lizzie Abbott
    PO21
    £499000
    Emma BishopLizzie Abbott

We recently sold our home through House simple. They were always prompt, friendly and helpful. I had never sold this way before and was a little anxious to begin with, but they put me completely at ease. The process was simple, we had an offer within days of listing, and eventually sold for our asking price, saving thousands on agents fees. I would happily recommend them to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE, AND SAVED US THOUSANDS COMPARED WITH CONVENTIONAL AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

UB5
    £330
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was a bit apprehensive using an online estate agent, but I had nothing to worry about the service was excellent very helpful staff. I could not believe the amount of viewings I had. I Received an offer on second day and on the third day received an offer over the asking price. Needless to say it was accepted and everything went through without a hitch. Why anyone would want to use a high street estate agent is beyond me. I shall certainly be spreading the word! Thank you HOUSESIMPLE

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

TQ2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The process was simple to use and the team were very efficient and helpful. All phone queries were dealt with immediately and assistance was given with uploading details and photographs. The professional photographer was excellent and we were also able to upload some photos of our own. I work for an estate agent so I know the normal process and, apart from doing our own viewings (which I would rather do anyway) Housesimple did everything required and saved us upwards of �5,000. Brilliant!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

BR6
    £550000
    Louise Hart

For the internet competent and motivated individual this is an economical, efficient and highly convenient way to market and sell your house. Varying levels of support are offered by Housesimple so the more one does oneself the less the cost. Even with the full package the outlay is considerably less than the percentage charges of traditional estate agents. Particularly good features are the writing of one's own description of the house, the ability to include one's own photographs and the viewings management system to suit one's own timetable. Housesimple's surveyor records the data required to produce a floor plan - it is important to make sure that your self-penned description and the Housesimple floor plan correspond before going live on the internet! Louise Hart was consistently prompt, friendly and helpful in response to our enquiries, The overall experience was extremely satisfactory and successful. Housesimple should be considered by anyone seeking estate agency services.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HUGELY CHEAPER THAN THE TRADITIONAL PERCENTAGE COMMISSION CHARGE OF STREET-BASED ESTATE AGENTS!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

BR2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Housesimple were honest, efficient, professional, knowledgeable and great value for money. In short, the opposite of most estate agents. Our property sold within three weeks, saving us over �7,500 in estate agent fees. Highly recommended!

One final word: don't be conned by estate agents with 'buyer lists'. They just spam potential buyers, as we've experienced. Everyone looks on RightMove and Zoopla to find a property now.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE SAVED OVER £7,500 IN FEES BY USING HOUSESIMPLE! THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDED WAS BETTER THAN THAT OF A TRADITIONAL ESTATE AGENT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Josh Davidson, Louise Hart
    KY63
    £160000
    Josh DavidsonLouise Hart

Using the software is initialy daunting but responses from 'josh' was next to immediate. The floorplan had a slight flaw insofar as a storeroom window was missing but was rectified within the week; and the really good thing was I didntt spend ages listening to some awfull cheesy music in a queing system (my pet hate).

I was fortunate to get the asking price on my property from the the first prospective purchaser who visited in the first week of the sale going 'live'. Today, just over one month later, the final missiffs have been concluded & I'm now a very happy bunny. My 'fortune' tho... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“WORTH IT? HELL YES! SAVED ME JUST UNDER 4K FROM ESTATE AGENTS FEES; AVERAGE COST IN GLENROTHES WAS £800, EXTRA FOR CERTAIN ONLINE WEBSITES, & BETWEEN 1 - 2% SELLING PRICE FEE. ALL FOR A NICE GLOSSY PRINTED BROCHURE WHICH NO-ONE (BUYER OR SELLER) ACTUALLY NEEDS NOWADAYS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 1 -star review by ''

Tom Holmes
    EX2
    £235000
    Tom Holmes

House Simple is a poor choice of an online estate agent. The system whereby you are given the phone number of the person interested in your property is a thing of the past. You now have to use the online booking system that requires viewers to log on every time there is an alteration in an appointment. You can send a message but that requires you to log on to read the message. If you do not have internet connectivity then (which is quite regularly in Devon and other areas of the countryside) then using House Simple is not an option. This system has meant that out of 7 inquiries only 4 people... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“£350 EX VAT ROUGHLY. COMPLETE RIP OFF.”

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“£350 ex VAT roughly. Complete rip off.”

25. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple  21/04/2015

Housesimple.co.uk takes the security of its customer's personal data very seriously and that is why it is important that viewers and vendors/landlords alike log in to their own private site that is securely maintained. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused but it is vitally important that data is stored securely. In each and every instance that a message is sent by the other party through our system we send text message notifications and email alerts to our clients. In the event that anybody cannot access their account for whatever reason and wishes to confirm or rearrange a viewing the housesimple office is open 7 days a week and we are happy to assist over the phone. It is also possible for those who choose to do so to easily exchange personal contact details through our system, and to communicate directly to book in a viewing if they prefer.
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Louise Hart, Hannah Walker
    WA5
    £94000
    Louise HartHannah Walker

The service House Simple provided was excellent and easy to use it took the hassle out of selling my property. Any questions I have were always answered very promptly and they provided support throughout the Sales process. I would highly recommend them for not only their Customer Services but also how cost effective it was. A very big Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COST EFFECTIVE WELL OVER 50% SAVINGS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

David Radford
    E11
    £1650000
    David Radford

We were able to conduct our own viewings and so get much more useful feedback from prospective buyers. We chose this agent because out of the internet-only agents, the quality of their photos was the best.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

CM17
    £355000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We found selling our house through House Simple was an easy process that saved us a lot of money by not using the traditional high street estate agents. My only criticism would be the lack of key holding service as we were relocating out of the area before our completion date. Apart from that we found that House Simple provided an excellent service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 4 -star review by ''

RG24
    £197500
    Louise Hart

My property was not the easiest to sell from start to finish and unfortunately there were some timewasters and interesting situations. I spoke with Louise on a number of occasions and she was both extremely positive and patient

Comments on the Agents fees

“I SAVED ABOUT £2000 WITH VAT. THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT MY TYPE OF PROPERTY WAS NOT THE EASIEST TO SELL (DESPITE PLENTY OF THEM IN THE AREA) I THINK A LOCAL ESTATE AGENT WOULD HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE UNIQUENESS OF THEM. THAT SAID THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD HAVE VIEWED IT, WITH PROBABLY THE SAME PEOPLE PUTTING IN OFFERS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 4 -star review by ''

YO19
    £162000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

House Simple were very easy to deal with the online process easy to follow, and the details of my property were uploaded quite quickly. The organised a photographer and surveyor to prepare the energy rating certificate, much easier that having to source our own.
    House Simple kept me informed of any prospective viewing by email and text messaging, I would have no hesitation in recommending House Simple for a hassle free way to sell your property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 1 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    W5

Awful customer service.
    Paid for a letting service, knowing full well that I would have to conduct the showings myself.

Firstly, it took multiple phone calls over 3 days to get a photographer arranged to come to the house.
    Then it took multiple calls to get the photos put on the site.
    The floor plan was a copy from the advert used to buy the house. I know this because I've had walls removed and they are in the 'newly measured' housesimple floor plans !!!!
    Oh and they look exactly the same!!!

Secondly, they send ANYONE to the house, they are meant to send only relevant people but it... (read more)

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“Listen to the client Do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it Much better customer service needed Better phone manners for client facing staff Easier onboarding and offboarding process”

32. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple  21/04/2015

2) Housesimple always tries to accommodate property visits promptly and we aim to complete a property visit within 3 working days of sign up once we have been provided with all of the relevant information requested. We take a further 3 working days to upload photographs following a property visit and endeavour to do this sooner where possible. On occasion we are provided with a copy of an old floor plan that was previously used to market a property and for ease and speed for our vendors we use this as a starting point, once all details and measurements have been verified, to base our plan on. All floor plans are signed off with vendors before leaving the property and any errors or omissions pointed out on review of property details before publishing will be promptly rectified. Once a property has been deactivated on the housesimple site, it takes a little time to then come down from property portals as the data that we export to them needs to filter through.
  33. A 1 -star review by ''

LL23
    £229000
    Would you use the agent again? No

They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 dayS on line in 7 days.
    Not impressed
    Lloyd

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 day on line in 7. No call back so called several times, photographer called 5 days, still no assessor, ECP or sign after 6 days (excluding Sunday). At this rate it will be 2 weeks before on line Not impressed Lloyd”

34. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple  21/04/2015

Housesimple always tries to accommodate property visits promptly and we aim to complete a property visit within 3 working days of sign up once we have been provided with all of the relevant information requested. We take a further 3 working days to upload photographs following a property visit and endeavour to do this sooner where possible. Sale boards are erected within 5 working days of having been ordered with us. This property was live online within 6 working days of requesting the home visit.
Page: