Browse agents by letter
Housesimple OnLine Estate Agents

Housesimple

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 185 ratings. This website contains 185 user reviews of Housesimple.

Agent Overview

4.58 out of 5.00

• 171 recommend
  • 14 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 18
in the CO10 League Tables
1 out of 10
in the Sudbury League Tables
74 out of 22316
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Housesimple has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Housesimple, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 29-Mar-2015 07:03:15

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 7)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

SE14
    £580000
    Louise Hart

House Simple's service offer was explained well initially so we knew exactly what we were getting and during the sale process their responsiveness to events was excellent. I opted to conduct viewings myself and did find it a little onerous but I knew that House Simple provided a viewing service had I wanted a different arrangement. Overall I found the experience to be a good one and I will consider using them again in future.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT FEE STRUCTURE; THE MODULAR APPROACH ALLOWS ONE TO PICK THE SERVICES THAT ONE REQUIRES AND LEAVE THE REST. VERY COMPETITIVE PRICING ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPARED TO A TRADITIONAL "BRICKS AND MORTAR" ESTATE AGENT; I SAVED MYSELF THOUSANDS OF POUNDS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

LL23
    £229000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 dayS on line in 7 days.
    Not impressed
    Lloyd

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 day on line in 7. No call back so called several times, photographer called 5 days, still no assessor, ECP or sign after 6 days (excluding Sunday). At this rate it will be 2 weeks before on line Not impressed Lloyd”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 4 -star review by ''

bn69
    £413000
    Louise Hart

Very good service and excellent value for money. No idea why anyone would use a high street agent with House Simple around !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Tracey Curran
    WF2
    £147000
    Tracey Curran

I sold my house with housesimple and I found the experience really easy, everyone i dealt with was very professional.

I was originally only interested because of the price but I couldn't believe how many viewings I got, I thought being an online only agent would be a disadvantage but I sold much faster than my friends who used traditional agents.

I can honestly say house simple is the best estete agent I've ever used, and I've sold a number of properties in my time (5 to be precise), its not only because I saved a fortune thier service is great too

Comments on the Agents fees

“LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE OF TRADITIONAL AGENTS!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Emma Bishop, Jenny Spalding
    S2
    £85000
    Emma BishopJenny Spalding

We cannot praise housesimple enough they offer an exceptional service for a fraction of the cost of any high street estate agent. They provide friendly and proficient members of their team dedicated to seeing your sale through to the end.

You have full control of what you want to include in your description of sale online and this process is very easy and user friendly, photos of our property were professionally taken and really do help to showcase your property.

I would recommend housesimple to anyone wishing to sell their property they really are excellent value for money and they can save you a fortune as moving house can be very costly.

Online estate agency is the way to go its so easy and stress free.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS REALLY TAKEN A BACK HOW MUCH CHEAPER HOUSESIMPLE ARE COMPARED TO THE HIGH STREET THERE IS NO COMPARISION AND CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT HOUSESIMPLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

NP8
    £192500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Chose Housesimple because cost was much lower than traditional Agents, so low risk. In the event their service was much better than we've had from Agents in the past. The photo's were stunning. Sold the house to second viewer within 3 weeks. Will definitely use them again if we ever decide to sell and can't recommend them highly enough..

“EXCELLENT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  7. A 4 -star review by ''

Alex Gosling, Louise Hart
    LE11
    £157500
    Alex GoslingLouise Hart

Fantastic low cost way to get your property marketed on the main websites.
    The photographer they sent produced excellent photos with professional kit, he took time and knew how to make the shots look their best.
    You need to be quite proactive to get the best out of this service - we wrote our own particulars to be listed rather than letting them do it.
    Some of the viewers were initially not the best caliber (time wasters etc) but after setting a few vetting rules we got more viable viewers and less time wasters, and after a while a successful sale.
    We handled most of the negotiations and correspondence between buyer and solicitors etc - seemed better this way since they are not local estate agents.
    Would use them again if we market our property in the future.
    Finally, we purchased 6 months marketing for about �500 with no further fees on completion. They didn't take the money and run - they were there to help from the start to the finish.

“GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Jenny Spalding
    bn25
    £575000
    Jenny Spalding

I sold my house recently with this online agent. We had tried to sell with a high street agent for several months but had no success. House simple was straight forward to use and saved a small fortune over the other options. A lot of the viewers were happy to be shown around by us, rather than the 'shiny suited idiots' (not my words!). So I would recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

S3
    £125000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was delighted with the massive saving we achieved through using Housesimple, and the service was good, seemed to be on a par or better than any high street estate agents we have dealt with.

We had a desirable property to sell, but we had accepted an offer the day after the advert went live (a Sunday). The floorplan and photos had been put together well and within a few days we were on Zoopla and Rightmove. We had to be at the property for viewings, which was fine for us. We were looking for a property to buy at the same time and of the 6 or 7 we looked at, all marketed through high street agents, the vendor showed us round each time. We paid the up-front one off fee and I did have reservations that the service might drop off as soon as the money cleared as they had no incentive to keep it up. This was not the case and a good service level was provided through all stages to completion.

High street estate agents are the absolute pits and I was so pleased we could save so much money, whilst receiving the same/better level of service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

TS23
    £92000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I think House Simple is very good value for money. The set was very quick and everyone was very polite. We did have a few problems in the first couple of weeks but Toby dealt with our queries very quickly and positively.
    We sold our house to the first person who viewed it so it was all very quick.
    The only area I felt let down was the sales progression team. Other than an incorrect e-mail being sent I did not hear at all from this team at all after the day after the offer was made (and I paid for this to be included in the package too).
    If it wasn't for the Progression team I would have given House Simple a 8.5-9 out of 10

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

PL17
    £153500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Easy to use website to upload property details, good telephone support and sales progression team really helpful. Overall excellent value for money, I'd never use a high street agent again band and recommend Housesimple unreservedly.

“GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

IP14
    £277500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The experience was as good or better than any high street agent we have ever dealt with. Thought the new booking system where you can log on a choose a time was excellent and of course, saved thousands of pounds in estate agent fees. Would never use a high street one again and dont understand why anyone else would. Thanks for making this a very easy transaction.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

LU2
    £270000
    Louise Hart

Ours was not an easy sale, however Louise worked hard every step of the way to nurse it through to completion. We paid 500 pounds upfront and wow did she earn her money! We had buyers who were never satisfied until every last minor detail was sorted to their satisfaction, including getting us to pay for an asbestos survey, which proved negative and was entirely unnecessary. Full marks to Housesimple for an excellent service. Watch out, Louise, we'll soon be using you again to sell a holiday home we own - let's hope it's a bit more straightforward this time!

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT VA;UE FOR MONEY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

da1
    £190000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

HouseSimple are such great value for money - I can't understand how anyone can afford to waste such high fees on the high street agent's.
    Staff at HouseSimple were efficient at organising viewings and we always got feedback from prospective buyers which was invaluable in helping to settle on a final price. The bidding process involving HouseSimple left us totally in control and saved us from the pushy and insistent negotiations that a high street agent would have forced us into. would definitely recommend them to others and will use them again when selling

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Sw17
    £400000
    Emma Bishop

Excellent service and simple to follow procedure making viewings easy and fast.
    The photographer took out brilliant pictures and was very professional.The photographs taken by high street agents is no where near to the high quality of housesimple photographs.
    I was able to sell my house to the first buyer in less than a week who fell in love with my house.
    The fees is very cheap and is the best value for money.
    The staff are very helpful specially Emma bishop.
    Thanks housesimple

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  16. A 1 -star review by ''

S1
    £85000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents were reasonably pleasant on the phone but after 4 attempts to chase them up to view a property I was running out of patience with promises of call back etc. Eventually I received an email from the vendor saying it was sold! Did the agents not know this (they told me it WAS available).

Just rubbish really, it's cheap for a reason. They have no local knowledge or real interest.

I would never use not recommend them. 1/10

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“You could have done an awful lot more! Rubbish communication!!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 2 -star review by ''

ll53
    £267000
    Emma Bishop

The idea of an online agent sounded good and the fee of apx £1500 payable on completion (no sale no fee) seemed great. Unfortunately things were not good from the start. The 'professional photographer' was a part time guy with a camera, who mostly took photos of the ceiling in each room. We sent our own photos for our listing in the end. We paid for a For Sale sign, and for installation - but were then told they didn't have anyone in our area to put the sign up - at least they refunded the installation cost. The sign itself was just an advert for House Simple - the very small 'For Sale' was... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FIXED FEE PAYABLE ON COMPLETION, WOULD BE FINE IF THEY HAD DONE ANYTHING RIGHT TO EARN IT”

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“If they\'d got anything right we would have been grateful.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

KT9
    £315000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We signed up with Housesimple in September and sold our house easily and quickly. We went for a very basic package, opting to do most of the work ourselves, but were very impressed with the service from Housesimple, particularly everyone we spoke to. You need to have a little patience with their website, but it is definitely worth it.

They took photos, produced the floorplan, posted the advert on Rightmove etc and took contact details of prospective buyers, we did the rest - which is how we wanted it.

We produced our own particulars and replaced their pictures with our own (the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY, VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

EX15
    £142000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I trawled the internet to find the most cost competitive company to advertise my property on the major selling portals. Housesimple provided everything I required in an incredibly speedy and efficient manner. Their website is incredibly easy to use and provided a 24/7 service. I would have absolutely no hesitation in using Housesimple for any future sales.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGH STREET AGENT (CHEAPEST I COULD FIND) - £1500.00 HOUSESIMPLE - £228.00”

20. 1
    person found this

A 5 -star review by ''

NG16
    £375000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We decided to sell our property with an on line estate agents, when we had quotes of between £7000 and £8500 commission fees + advertising fees, from three local estate agents. We came across the advert for House Simple and I was impressed by the low advertising fees, and more importantly NO COMMISSION!!. I also decided to go with House Simple as their website explained the process and fees very simply, a few others websites offering similar services, looked more complicated. Once I started the process of advertising our house, it was very simple (even for me, who is not that brilliant with... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    tf2
    £305
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent Service. Set up my account and decided how much support I wanted and paid my money. Within 2 days the professional photographer arrived and completed both photos and floor plan details. Went live a couple of days later. Having used another online agent I found Housesimple easier to use. Generating the advert was very straightforward. I sold within a couple of days. I had requested and paid for an advert in the local paper but was still working through the format with a staff member at the point of sale so no longer need the advert; I was given a full refund. Brilliant. I have been telling friends about the agency and have another property to sell which I will definitely do through Houseseimple.

“FAIR VALUE FOR MONEY.”

22. 1
    person found this

A 5 -star review by ''

Louise Hart, Emma Bishop
    L20
    £190000
    Louise HartEmma Bishop

My wife and I were very pleased with way the staff at Housesimple handled the selling of our house ,also we had many interested viewers ,and was particularly impressed with the photos of the property and the sale went though very smoothly .I paid up front as I found thought it would be cheaper in the long run and I was proved right and saved a lot of money .The staff was very polite and helpful which was a good asset ,so it is with many thanks and i would not hesitate to recommend Housesimple to family and friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

N16
    £430000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Using Housesimple was a pleasure; it was easy, efficient and effective. Their customer service was friendly, informative and responsive. Simply put, they made things happen. They were happy to get my property listed within two days of my finalising the ad. The photographer was professional and approachable; the pictures were first-class. I received emails with details of potential buyers promptly and had seven viewings scheduled for the first weekend. I enjoyed conducting the viewings and so did all of the potential buyers. Not only did myself and the buyers universally prefer using Housesimple to an estate agent, but of course there is the small matter of us saving £6000. I hope more people do the same.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE FEES CHARGED BY HOUSESIMPLE REPRESENT GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND ARE COMMENSURATE WITH THE SERVICE/WORK THEY DID FOR ME. I WAS HAPPY TO PAY THEM THE MONEY AS THEY SHOWED PROFESSIONALISM AND STRONG COMMITMENT IN DOING THE WORK.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

RG20
    £187500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

House simple were very efficient in uploading the house details on major websites. We had viewings booked up within 2 days of the property going on line - in fact we had so many that we stopped taking any more after 5 days of it going live as we had so much interest and had found a buyer. The process after this was very smooth. The only problem we encountered was with the solicitors that were recommended, by House simple these delayed the process considerably and were not very reliable as we found our paperwork went astray.
    We saved a considerable amount by using Housesimple and .I would certainly use them again, only next time I would use our own solicitor.

25. 3
    people found this

A 2 -star review by ''

SG4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We're not mad, or upset.. just disappointed with how we've been treated by the staff at Housesimple. I found one of their properties online and gave them a ring to book a viewing. After giving them a list of times and dates we were available, they said they would get back to me to confirm everything. The next thing I heard was an early morning phone call several days later asking if we were still attending a viewing later that evening. Unfortunately, as I hadn't heard anything I had made other plans that evening. The person who I spoke to seemed frustrated but agreed to rearrange things. This... (read more)

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“Communication is key. We don\'t ask for much. Just to be kept in the loop. If we have a viewing, tell us. If you\'ve cancelled a viewing, tell us!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  26. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple Customer Care Team  09/10/2014

Housesimple responds promptly to all viewing requests and expressions of interest in any of the properties that we are marketing. Unfortunately in this case the vendor accepted an offer directly, then without informing us decided not to host this viewing. We were therefore unfortunately unable to cancel in time in this instance.
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

NN11
    £237000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were really pleased with the overall service from House Simple. The photographer took some lovely pictures of our house which really helped us sell! The team at House Simple phoned us with the prospective buyers who wanted an appointment and we were sold within 2 days. No fuss, easy and saved us lots of money. Winners all round. I would have no hesitation in recommending House Simple and will certainly use again if needed.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

RG10
    £435000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

House was advertised promptly after floor plans and excellent photographs were completed.Sale progressed though with a choice of purchasers very quickly.Excellent result.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AT .0013% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE,I AM VERY HAPPY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

SN25
    £325000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The process of putting your property up for sale was extremely efficient and quick. The email replys from Housesimple were there to let you know how things were progressing. The guys to carry out the EPC and the photo's were polite and efficient and the photographs were extremely professional. The emails informing us of prospective viewers were informative and immediate and the process of selling out house went without a hitch. We sold our house within 5 days of it going on the market. An extremely professional company who we wouldn't hesitate to use again and have recommended to many others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE FANTASTIC., AN AMAZING SAVING ON WHAT WE WOULD HAVE PAID AN ESTATE AGENT. WE DID ALL THE VIEWINGS AND NEGOTIATIONS OURSELVES BUT FELT CONFIDENT WITH THIS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

M20
    £180000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This was the smoothest, stress-free sale ever, even when a first 'buyer' pulled out. The people at Housesimple were efficient, responded quickly and clearly, and didn't have the 'pushiness' still associated with some of the high street estate agents (observed first hand while looking to buy my new property). Viewers were directed to me immediately and it was easy to arrange suitable times for them to visit. I think I am far better than any estate agent at showing people around my own property! I liked having a one on one relationship with my buyer; it meant we could mutually agree not only the price, but also the actual move date, what was staying, and so on, without the interference of third or fourth parties. However it might not have been so smooth had the buyer been difficult. I would use Housesimple again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SIMPLY, FOR ME, THIS ONLINE SERVICE BLEW ALL OF THE HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENCIES OUT OF THE WATER!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

WF7
    £124950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having recently suffered the pain of paying £2.5K to an estate agent for little more than a set of photos and a listing on Rightmove we were interested when recommended to House Simple.
    For less than £400 we had a superb set of images and a top ranking place on Rightmove with a description of the propoerty we were able to compose ourselves. Interest was slow in the current difficult market but every enquiry was well handled by Housesimple and the interested parties passed directly to us. We are experienced sales negotiators and felt comfortable to be in control of our sale. In our... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“A FIXED PRICE LESS THAN £400 PROVIDED AN ENERGY SURVEY AND AN EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHER PLUS TOP RANKED POSITION ON RIGHTMOVE. SUPERB VALE.”

Page: