Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Housesimple OnLine Estate Agents

Housesimple

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 160 ratings. This website contains 160 user reviews of Housesimple.

Contact Housesimple

• 150 recommend
  • 10 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 17
in the CO10 League Tables
1 out of 10
in the Sudbury League Tables
56 out of 21668
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

• Fri: 08:00 - 20:00
  • Sat: 09:00 - 17:00
  • Sun: 10:00 - 16:00

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Housesimple has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Housesimple, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 6)

Page last updated on: 26-Aug-2014 22:40:36

1. 2

A 5-star review by 'Thomas' 14/2/2014

n7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

In very simple terms: Housesimple offer a massive saving over using a high street agent. We saved £3k.
    The floorplan and photos were put together very quickly and within days we were on Zoopla and Rightmove. We had to be at the property for viewings, for obvious reasons, but having had the unpleasant experience of estate agents showing me numerous properties I feel like this is the best arrangement for all parties involved. We paid £500 up-front as a one off fee and I did have reservations that the service might drop off as soon as the money cleared as they had no incentive to keep it up. This was not the case and a good service level was provided through all stages to completion. We have walked away from our sale feeling like we realised good value from the money we paid to Housesimple - a first for us when dealing with estate agents.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'mands' 8/12/2013

, Osgodby Osgodby
    LS25
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After trying a local agent for six months with few viewings (and clearly no sale!), we decided to try House Simple, and are glad we did.

We opted for the '£395 up front with no fee on completion' package and almost immediately, we had viewing requests. We attribute this to the brochure produced by House Simple, which included many high quality and optimum pictures, taken by a professional photographer. These were worlds apart from those taken by a local agent.

Following the sale, negotiations were handled promptly.

Communication from House Simple was generally good, however on a couple of occasions we needed to chase feedback from viewings and it took a number of phone calls and emails to arrange our much-anticipated 'SOLD' sign, which we received three weeks after accepting an offer.

The service we received from House Simple was far higher than from the high street agent we used and we will certainly consider using House Simple again when we decide to move again. We would certainly recommend them to prospective sellers.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'London selling lady' 27/11/2013

IG10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It was as the name says, SIMPLE! the staff were incredibly professional, efficient, helpful and above all and most importantly we saved £8000. What a whopping saving that would have gone to some silly high street estate agent when Housesimple offer EXACTLY the same service. To be honest today we all buy via the intent and Housesimple offer access to all the top property sites. I couldn't recommend them enough. Thank you!!!!

4. 2

A 5-star review by 'Review' 21/11/2013

rg7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After being quoted 1% + vat (*or nearly 4 grand) by all the 'standard' agents I did a trawl on the internet and saw various internet options, the Housesimple website seemed ok to use, they answered my emails and calls so I decided to try a 195 + VAT punt (on the grounds of the potential savings). Worked fine for me, they did prompt photos and floorplan, I sorted out an EPC and that was it online. Had normal issues (ie initial 'sale' was to "cash buyers" [*who had to sell to get the cash!!] but I had that on my last standard house sale as well. Genuinely surprised in that not one viewer mucked me about and didn't turn up. If you are happy to do your viewings, talk money/turkey and haggle direct with potential buyers then I can't see a reason for not trying it .

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Beth' 8/10/2013

WF8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

A really brilliant service getting absolutely everything you get from a high street estate agent but at a fraction of the price! (We saved around £1500 after VAT). No Fuss, great staff, quick and easy communication. We were so pleasantly surprised at how simple it all was- would definitely recommend!

6. A 5-star review by 'Lynn' 14/8/2014

NN11
    £237000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were really pleased with the overall service from House Simple. The photographer took some lovely pictures of our house which really helped us sell! The team at House Simple phoned us with the prospective buyers who wanted an appointment and we were sold within 2 days. No fuss, easy and saved us lots of money. Winners all round. I would have no hesitation in recommending House Simple and will certainly use again if needed.

7. A 5-star review by 'A S Kynoch' 12/8/2014

RG10
    £435000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

House was advertised promptly after floor plans and excellent photographs were completed.Sale progressed though with a choice of purchasers very quickly.Excellent result.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AT .0013% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE,I AM VERY HAPPY”

8. A 5-star review by 'Denise' 6/8/2014

SN25
    £325000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The process of putting your property up for sale was extremely efficient and quick. The email replys from Housesimple were there to let you know how things were progressing. The guys to carry out the EPC and the photo's were polite and efficient and the photographs were extremely professional. The emails informing us of prospective viewers were informative and immediate and the process of selling out house went without a hitch. We sold our house within 5 days of it going on the market. An extremely professional company who we wouldn't hesitate to use again and have recommended to many others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE FANTASTIC., AN AMAZING SAVING ON WHAT WE WOULD HAVE PAID AN ESTATE AGENT. WE DID ALL THE VIEWINGS AND NEGOTIATIONS OURSELVES BUT FELT CONFIDENT WITH THIS.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Sam' 30/7/2014

M20
    £180000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This was the smoothest, stress-free sale ever, even when a first 'buyer' pulled out. The people at Housesimple were efficient, responded quickly and clearly, and didn't have the 'pushiness' still associated with some of the high street estate agents (observed first hand while looking to buy my new property). Viewers were directed to me immediately and it was easy to arrange suitable times for them to visit. I think I am far better than any estate agent at showing people around my own property! I liked having a one on one relationship with my buyer; it meant we could mutually agree not only the price, but also the actual move date, what was staying, and so on, without the interference of third or fourth parties. However it might not have been so smooth had the buyer been difficult. I would use Housesimple again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SIMPLY, FOR ME, THIS ONLINE SERVICE BLEW ALL OF THE HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENCIES OUT OF THE WATER!”

10. A 5-star review by 'Keith Williams' 24/7/2014

WF7
    £124950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having recently suffered the pain of paying £2.5K to an estate agent for little more than a set of photos and a listing on Rightmove we were interested when recommended to House Simple.
    For less than £400 we had a superb set of images and a top ranking place on Rightmove with a description of the propoerty we were able to compose ourselves. Interest was slow in the current difficult market but every enquiry was well handled by Housesimple and the interested parties passed directly to us. We are experienced sales negotiators and felt comfortable to be in control of our sale. In our... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“A FIXED PRICE LESS THAN £400 PROVIDED AN ENERGY SURVEY AND AN EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHER PLUS TOP RANKED POSITION ON RIGHTMOVE. SUPERB VALE.”

11. A 5-star review by 'Robert Sharpe' 22/7/2014

CV35
    £280000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Housesimple provided a professional and friendly service far over and above any Estate Agent I have ever used to buy or sell a house.

Housesimple provided a courteous and efficient service to my prospective buyers and provided a superior service for circa 10% of the traditional, out dated and unnecessary high street estate agent.

I would not hesitate in recommending Housesimple and using them again in the future.

I am delighted by the service I received from Housesimple, they enabled me to sell my house and saved me a small fortune in fees.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT RATE OF FEES COMPARED TO THE TRADITIONAL HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENT PRICING STRUCTURE WHICH IS OUT DATED, UNNECESSARY AND A RIP OFF! HOUSESIMPLE FEES WERE APPROXIMATELY 10% OF THE COST. A GREAT SAVING FOR NO DETRIMENTAL LEVEL IN SERVICE. I WILL NEVER USE A HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENT AGAIN.”

12. A 5-star review by 'B.Oakley' 22/7/2014

Tom Holmes, Josh Davidson
    NN10
    £235000

Tom HolmesJosh Davidson

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Housesimple for the efficient and professional way in which my house sale was handled. I have bought and sold quite a few properties and this was unlike any experience I have had in the past.
    They always replied very quickly to any queries. They maintained contact to guide me through the process of marketing. Excellent value for money. Minimum stress.
    I will definitely recommend Housesimple services without reservation.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”

13. A 5-star review by 'CD' 21/7/2014

SA41
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service, I registered Friday, the photographer came on Tuesday, I reviewed the preliminary web pages Wednesday, excellent pictures and plan, it went live on Rightmove Friday night then Saturday morning Bang ! The phone wouldn't stop ringing (hadn't realised there were a lot of buyers getting email alerts from Rightmove). It sold in a few days and saved me £5K. Good communication and advice from HouseSimple throughout. CD.

14. A 5-star review by 'Martin W' 7/7/2014

ST6
    £94000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My Review starts like many, I was really unsure about trying something new and straying away from the "norm". I had heard about online estate agents and the money that could be saved but was hesitant at first as I knew no-one who had tried it and was missing that crucial word of mouth review I needed to take the plunge. I am extremely glad I did though.
    I was racking my brains trying to decide what a high-street agent could add that an online version would not, yes they may negotiate for you but that's really not hard! I did a huge amount of research on the web, reading reviews and... (read more)

15. A 4-star review by 'If you wish' 2/7/2014

RG18
    £785000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After three years of using estate agents with indifferent viewing ability and a potential fee of £12k we decided to use House Simple to go on all webs for £254 for 6 months and do the viewing ourselves, when we could answer all the questions and not have to leave the house for an hour!
    We sold after 3 months subject to contract.
    House Simple do what they say they will do and provided you do what you are meant to do, the viewings, clean house, answer points etc then you should win.
    Maybe we were just lucky with the buyer and he would have come along anyway but at least we knew how each viewing went without waiting for poor feed back.
    Try them and get lucky and know where you are!
    O.G.Cross.

16. 1

A 5-star review by 'Ben Davies' 20/6/2014

EX16
    £279950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold my house for the full asking price within 2 days of the listing going live. I ran an open weekend which I advertised in the free local paper as well as on the online listings. Thanks to House Simple they assisted with designing the advert for the paper and I paid the publishing company for a full page advert. House Simple had little notice to meet the printing deadline, but they pulled out all of the stops to make it happen. This extra help to provide a service for what I wanted to do is exactly how a professional company should be run.

The professional photographer for the... (read more)

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 1 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5-star review by 'Jeff' 12/6/2014

SK7
    £475000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are very pleased with the service we received from housesimple, from our initial phone call to them, the quotation procedure, arranging for their photographer to call, everything was very straightforward and easy (or should I say simple!) and all at a very reasonable price. All our requests for minor adjustments to the wording and the photos in the listing were dealt with promptly and efficiently. From our experience with Housesimple I would say that if all businesses performed this way the public at large would be far happier. Well Done! and Thank You.

18. A 5-star review by 'CJ' 3/6/2014

Bs16
    £235000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have recently sold with Housesimple and their Service was simply stunning! The fee was amazingly competitive and the staff were willing to help me at every turn. I am also convinced that they managed to secured a higher price than a traditional estate agent would have been able to do so.
    I totally recommend them to anyone - it's money well spent!

19. 2

A 2-star review by 'Mr Wickenden' 30/4/2014

PL9
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I started using Housesimple 12 months ago to sell our 4 bedroom detached property in the South Hams but unfortunately received just 2 viewings from them compared to 11 from our traditional estate agent. We have agreed to sell twice but fell through due to buyers change of circumstances again through my street estate agent.
    The personal service from Housesimple was Good, no complaints, but I did not find them at all effective in selling my property and after 12 months I received a e mail informing me my marketing allowance was expiring and options to pay.
    My advice is to stick with traditional estate agents, its more expensive but you get what you pay fore in the end. Unfortunately I wasted my money with Housesimple.

View All Comments (1)by Housesimple Customer Care Team  20/05/2014

Housesimple always advise clients to choose one agent only, not only because of the public perception of the property (two adverts implies a problem property) but also because a duplication of adverts online will always split the amount of viewers between the multiple adverts. If a client is paying Housesimple a fee then we hope and intend to save that client many £1,000's in fees which is the case for most clients. (We have sold 1/2 £Billion worth of properties and saved clients close to £8 Million in fees so far, so we are normally very successful at our work). In this case the advice was not taken and the alternative advert was placed at a slightly higher price by the alternative agent by doing this they were therefore seen above / before the Housesimple advert and the other agent were able to maximise viewing numbers. Without the other agents advert present we are confident all 13 viewings would have come via the Housesimple advert.
  20. A 5-star review by 'Alastair Jamesson' 28/4/2014

Josh Davidson
    BN1

Josh Davidson

Having spoken to a few traditional estate agents who wanted over £5000 to market my property, I found Housesimple which offered six months of marketing for (I think) £195 on the basis that I did the viewings and the paperwork. As a shift worker, I was more than happy to do the viewings as in the past I have had people come round to view the property when I was in bed after a night shift! Having also found traditional estate agents to be somewhat lacking I thought doing my own viewings would also be sensible as I could get a feel for the prospective buyers and get their telephone numbers... (read more)

21. A 5-star review by 'Mr. Major' 28/4/2014

Louise Hart
    SP8

Louise Hart

Thank you all at House Simple for an top-notch service. Everything was dealt with promptly and efficiently; the photos your photographer took were excellent and showed the property off to best advantage. The sum of all the other information provided on the various high-profile websites was comprehensive and pertinent, and this helped us to secure a sale quickly.
    I highly recommend your service.

22. A 5-star review by 'David C' 27/4/2014

Michelle O'Callaghan, Emma Bishop
    E15

Michelle O\'CallaghanEmma Bishop

Using the HouseSimple service was excellent! Once all the admin was completed, ie EPC, pictures, wording, etc., the advert was published. We effectively sold the house within two hours, at a price very much higher than we'd anticipated.
    The staff I dealt with, Tom, Michelle and Emma, were very professional and helped with the on-going sale throughout it's process.
    Having recently sold another property using the 'traditional' estate agent method that cost us thousands of pounds, this was exceedingly good value for money.

23. A 5-star review by 'Lise Bate' 25/4/2014

B23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am a professional property developer and landlord and have just started to use House Simple to sell a few houses, having been shocked at the awful service from high street agents.

I found a buyer for this house within 1 week of it being marketed with House Simple. Not only that, the whole procedure is fast, efficient, professional and the staff are helpful and courteous. I was quoted over £2,000 by a local estate agents and sold it for a few hundred pounds with House Simple.

You get a board and photos done by a professional photographer - not a local estate agent with his little pocket camera I was extremely impressed with the quality of the photographs. The procedure is fast and hassle free. If you do have a query, any of the staff you speak to on the phone are helpful, I have had years of lamentable service from high street agents and this process is a breath of fresh air. Everyone should sell their house this way! I am just about to put another house on the market using House Simple. I have not yet used them for lettings, but the sales service is excellent.

24. A 5-star review by 'Steve J' 25/4/2014

PE7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Tom at Housesimple explained the process simply and factually. Paid a fee. Had an excellent professional photographer takes some great photos and we were online quickly. The house got several viewings, and sold for the asking price within three months. We saved over £3500 by using Housesimple. High street estate agents beware! Now a cheaper alternative opens up the competition.

25. A 5-star review by 'Helen Murray' 24/4/2014

BA15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Housesimple were exactly what their name implies. Making the sale of my house was SO SIMPLE! I opted for the cheapest package and they sent a very professional photographer round, who took some fabulous shots. (I'm a photographer and his shots were excellent!) Everything I asked them to adjust was done immediately and they passed all the clients directly on to me, without fail. Every client turned up bang on time and nearly all of them told me if the house wasn't quite right for them, so they didn't waste my time. I took 9 months to get a serious offer, but the price I got was the top price that the local estate agents valued it at. Some of the houses in my street are back on the market with the local estate agents, which goes to show that Housesimple are just as efficient! Well done to the team!

26. 1

A 1-star review by 'Andrew Pickford' 5/4/2014

cf82
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The initial process was fine, they advertised the process and then arranged for photographs etc and it worked well until listed.

We listed in November and had sold by early January (we live in a period property in a popular local area). The chain collapsed and since then we have had the most ridiculous service from them. Highlights include:

1. When we put it back on the market, it went on for 4 different prices.
    2. They were still telling people it was off the market when it was on (I lost 6 prospective buyers as a result of this)
    3. When re-listed room measurements were wrong
    4. The floor plan has been lost on the listings
    5. Photographs have been lost from the listing
    6. Key features, which are not key features, have been lost from the listing
    7. I have phoned staff on a minimum of 15 occasions and only twice ever received a call back - not a good percentage.

The service is appalling, its actually beyond a joke.

I wont doubt the integrity of any positive ratings on this website.

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“Actually offer a reasonable service.”

View All Comments (1)by Housesimple Customer Care Team  18/04/2014

Housesimple strives to provide the most effective and efficient service across the UK and is always determined to remedy any issues as quickly as possible. Whilst it seems initially everything went very well and the property was successfully sold using our network of 700 websites, when re-listing this property with us there may have been a technical glitch which effected data throughout the listing, however Housesimple endeavour to remedy any technical issue within 2 hours of them being identified, and so far we have a 97% success ratio for doing so. Our staff operate 8am until 8pm, 7... (read more)
  27. 1

A 4-star review by 'Joel' 3/12/2013

de24
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After getting quotes from local estate agents a friend mentioned online so searched the Internet and found Houseimple. It made sense to me as all the people we know use Rightmove/Zoopla etc when searching for homes. We called them to enquire and they answered quickly and answered all our queries.
    The photos that were produced were fantastic you get a floor plan as part of the package which I like and they were always very efficient on arranging viewings. We had over 15 viewings and 3 offers in the end in a 3 month period. The first month was a right off really as we had overpriced the... (read more)

28. A 5-star review by 'Don P' 30/11/2013

HA1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is the first review I have ever felt warranted my response.

From the very first phone call I made the service offered has been faultless. The photographer was on time very helpful and produced excellent photos to show our flat at its best. The expert and helpful service at your office continued with floor plans and accurate description of our property. Following publication on the internet we received twenty positive calls/visits on the first day, resulting in sold subject to contract by day two.

Generally when something looks to good to be true it usually is but in this instance it was as good as it could possibly be.

Well done and thank you.

29. A 5-star review by 'LYNDA BARNFIELD' 28/11/2013

CF82
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have just sold with House Simple and are very satisfied customers. Initially we used another company that went into administration and only by using our credit card did we get our money back. We were therefore cautious but perservered with House Simple. We paid upfront then they sent a photographer to measure and take photos. We had a few glitches with measurements but the quality of the photographs were outstanding and portrayed the house at it's best. I decided to write my own review after noticing on other properties not much of a description. After going live a couple of days later we started receiving calls from House Simple's Michelle and then we started doing the viewings ourselves. (be careful re safety etc) Approximately 8 viewings later we accepted an offer. After initially contracting to a high street estate agent and experiencing both ways of selling I would definately recommend the on line experience because you get just as much selling power and save yourself thousands!!

30. A 4-star review by 'Tony' 23/11/2013

rg19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After a little hiccup at the start, which was put right very quickly, I had a great many calls, though some callers expressed concern over having difficulty in making contact through email.
    I could have sold my property 6 times!!

View All Comments (1)by Housesimple Customer Care Team  27/11/2013

Having discussed this feedback with our client, we'd like to clarify that the communication issues stated were not with Housesimple's email systems, the vendor was commenting on his own direct communication with viewers. When clients sign up to our Standard (marketing only) service, which includes the home visit, photos & floorplans and marketing across our network of 700 websites, they take on more of the service themselves and choose a method for viewers to communicate with them. We are pleased to hear that the listing generated so much interest and multiple offers.
  31. A 5-star review by 'david wilkey' 21/11/2013

E2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I'm not often given to writing reviews, I have enough writing to do at work. Despite being internet savvy, I was a little suspicious of how online conveyancing would work, given how useless most estate agents are. I initially 'cold called' Housesimple, to see how they handled prospective clients, and they were both efficient and courteous, so I paid for the full service to sell my house. They made the parts of the process they manage, run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
    They answer the phone promptly.
    Calls are passed to the appropriate staff, who invariably dealt with the... (read more)

Page: