Housesimple OnLine Estate Agents

Housesimple

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 200 ratings. This website contains 200 user reviews of Housesimple.

• Housesimple has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Housesimple, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

4.56 out of 5.00

• 184 recommend
  • 16 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 18
in the CO10 League Tables
1 out of 12
in the Sudbury League Tables
73 out of 24062
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Page last updated on: 24-May-2015 06:20:10

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 7)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Louise Hart, Josh Davidson
    TR12
    £700000
    Louise HartJosh Davidson

From the very start of the process, we were expertly helped to get the very best out of the marketing and presentation of our property. We opted for professional photographs to be taken and these were superb and certainly helped to show off our home to its best potential. Throughout the selling process we were able to see how our house was performing on Rightmove and what was needed to give it a boost etc. There was always someone at the end of the phone to give help if required and everyone worked as a team.
    When the actual sales process began, Louise Hart was first class with her exstencive negotiating skills, in order to achieve the best for us.
    We would not hesitate to recommend HouseSimple and have already done so, to several of our friends.
    Thank you to the entire team.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

SE14
    £580000
    Louise Hart

House Simple's service offer was explained well initially so we knew exactly what we were getting and during the sale process their responsiveness to events was excellent. I opted to conduct viewings myself and did find it a little onerous but I knew that House Simple provided a viewing service had I wanted a different arrangement. Overall I found the experience to be a good one and I will consider using them again in future.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Emma Bishop, Jenny Spalding
    S2
    £85000
    Emma BishopJenny Spalding

We cannot praise housesimple enough they offer an exceptional service for a fraction of the cost of any high street estate agent. They provide friendly and proficient members of their team dedicated to seeing your sale through to the end.

You have full control of what you want to include in your description of sale online and this process is very easy and user friendly, photos of our property were professionally taken and really do help to showcase your property.

I would recommend housesimple to anyone wishing to sell their property they really are excellent value for money and they can save you a fortune as moving house can be very costly.

Online estate agency is the way to go its so easy and stress free.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Tracey Curran
    WF2
    £147000
    Tracey Curran

I sold my house with housesimple and I found the experience really easy, everyone i dealt with was very professional.

I was originally only interested because of the price but I couldn't believe how many viewings I got, I thought being an online only agent would be a disadvantage but I sold much faster than my friends who used traditional agents.

I can honestly say house simple is the best estete agent I've ever used, and I've sold a number of properties in my time (5 to be precise), its not only because I saved a fortune thier service is great too

5. FEATURED REVIEW

S3
    £125000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was delighted with the massive saving we achieved through using Housesimple, and the service was good, seemed to be on a par or better than any high street estate agents we have dealt with.

We had a desirable property to sell, but we had accepted an offer the day after the advert went live (a Sunday). The floorplan and photos had been put together well and within a few days we were on Zoopla and Rightmove. We had to be at the property for viewings, which was fine for us. We were looking for a property to buy at the same time and of the 6 or 7 we looked at, all marketed through high street agents, the vendor showed us round each time. We paid the up-front one off fee and I did have reservations that the service might drop off as soon as the money cleared as they had no incentive to keep it up. This was not the case and a good service level was provided through all stages to completion.

High street estate agents are the absolute pits and I was so pleased we could save so much money, whilst receiving the same/better level of service.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Tom Holmes, Jenny Spalding
    e14
    Tom HolmesJenny Spalding

I cant sing my praises enough about my experience selling my flat through Housesimple. All other parties involved (solicitors etc) were horrendous - Housesimple was my reliable constant in the whole process.
    The team were exceptionally polite and helpful. My queries were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Amazing value for money.
    I have recommended Homesimple to all my friends and I will, without hesitation, use Housesimple for any house business going forward. Thanks all!

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT SERVICE, INCLUDING FLOORPLANS AND PICTURES. VERY GOOD VALUE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Emma Bishop, Lizzie Abbott
    PO21
    £499000
    Emma BishopLizzie Abbott

We recently sold our home through House simple. They were always prompt, friendly and helpful. I had never sold this way before and was a little anxious to begin with, but they put me completely at ease. The process was simple, we had an offer within days of listing, and eventually sold for our asking price, saving thousands on agents fees. I would happily recommend them to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE, AND SAVED US THOUSANDS COMPARED WITH CONVENTIONAL AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    UB5
    £330
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was a bit apprehensive using an online estate agent, but I had nothing to worry about the service was excellent very helpful staff. I could not believe the amount of viewings I had. I Received an offer on second day and on the third day received an offer over the asking price. Needless to say it was accepted and everything went through without a hitch. Why anyone would want to use a high street estate agent is beyond me. I shall certainly be spreading the word! Thank you HOUSESIMPLE

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

TQ2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The process was simple to use and the team were very efficient and helpful. All phone queries were dealt with immediately and assistance was given with uploading details and photographs. The professional photographer was excellent and we were also able to upload some photos of our own. I work for an estate agent so I know the normal process and, apart from doing our own viewings (which I would rather do anyway) Housesimple did everything required and saved us upwards of �5,000. Brilliant!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

BR6
    £550000
    Louise Hart

For the internet competent and motivated individual this is an economical, efficient and highly convenient way to market and sell your house. Varying levels of support are offered by Housesimple so the more one does oneself the less the cost. Even with the full package the outlay is considerably less than the percentage charges of traditional estate agents. Particularly good features are the writing of one's own description of the house, the ability to include one's own photographs and the viewings management system to suit one's own timetable. Housesimple's surveyor records the data required to produce a floor plan - it is important to make sure that your self-penned description and the Housesimple floor plan correspond before going live on the internet! Louise Hart was consistently prompt, friendly and helpful in response to our enquiries, The overall experience was extremely satisfactory and successful. Housesimple should be considered by anyone seeking estate agency services.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HUGELY CHEAPER THAN THE TRADITIONAL PERCENTAGE COMMISSION CHARGE OF STREET-BASED ESTATE AGENTS!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

BR2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Housesimple were honest, efficient, professional, knowledgeable and great value for money. In short, the opposite of most estate agents. Our property sold within three weeks, saving us over �7,500 in estate agent fees. Highly recommended!

One final word: don't be conned by estate agents with 'buyer lists'. They just spam potential buyers, as we've experienced. Everyone looks on RightMove and Zoopla to find a property now.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE SAVED OVER £7,500 IN FEES BY USING HOUSESIMPLE! THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDED WAS BETTER THAN THAT OF A TRADITIONAL ESTATE AGENT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Josh Davidson, Louise Hart
    KY63
    £160000
    Josh DavidsonLouise Hart

Using the software is initialy daunting but responses from 'josh' was next to immediate. The floorplan had a slight flaw insofar as a storeroom window was missing but was rectified within the week; and the really good thing was I didntt spend ages listening to some awfull cheesy music in a queing system (my pet hate).

I was fortunate to get the asking price on my property from the the first prospective purchaser who visited in the first week of the sale going 'live'. Today, just over one month later, the final missiffs have been concluded & I'm now a very happy bunny. My 'fortune' tho... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“WORTH IT? HELL YES! SAVED ME JUST UNDER 4K FROM ESTATE AGENTS FEES; AVERAGE COST IN GLENROTHES WAS £800, EXTRA FOR CERTAIN ONLINE WEBSITES, & BETWEEN 1 - 2% SELLING PRICE FEE. ALL FOR A NICE GLOSSY PRINTED BROCHURE WHICH NO-ONE (BUYER OR SELLER) ACTUALLY NEEDS NOWADAYS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Tom Holmes
    EX2
    £235000
    Tom Holmes

House Simple is a poor choice of an online estate agent. The system whereby you are given the phone number of the person interested in your property is a thing of the past. You now have to use the online booking system that requires viewers to log on every time there is an alteration in an appointment. You can send a message but that requires you to log on to read the message. If you do not have internet connectivity then (which is quite regularly in Devon and other areas of the countryside) then using House Simple is not an option. This system has meant that out of 7 inquiries only 4 people... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“£350 EX VAT ROUGHLY. COMPLETE RIP OFF.”

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“£350 ex VAT roughly. Complete rip off.”

14. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple  21/04/2015

Housesimple.co.uk takes the security of its customer's personal data very seriously and that is why it is important that viewers and vendors/landlords alike log in to their own private site that is securely maintained. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused but it is vitally important that data is stored securely. In each and every instance that a message is sent by the other party through our system we send text message notifications and email alerts to our clients. In the event that anybody cannot access their account for whatever reason and wishes to confirm or rearrange a viewing the housesimple office is open 7 days a week and we are happy to assist over the phone. It is also possible for those who choose to do so to easily exchange personal contact details through our system, and to communicate directly to book in a viewing if they prefer.
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Louise Hart, Hannah Walker
    WA5
    £94000
    Louise HartHannah Walker

The service House Simple provided was excellent and easy to use it took the hassle out of selling my property. Any questions I have were always answered very promptly and they provided support throughout the Sales process. I would highly recommend them for not only their Customer Services but also how cost effective it was. A very big Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COST EFFECTIVE WELL OVER 50% SAVINGS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    David Radford
    E11
    £1650000
    David Radford

We were able to conduct our own viewings and so get much more useful feedback from prospective buyers. We chose this agent because out of the internet-only agents, the quality of their photos was the best.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

CM17
    £355000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We found selling our house through House Simple was an easy process that saved us a lot of money by not using the traditional high street estate agents. My only criticism would be the lack of key holding service as we were relocating out of the area before our completion date. Apart from that we found that House Simple provided an excellent service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 4 -star review by ''

RG24
    £197500
    Louise Hart

My property was not the easiest to sell from start to finish and unfortunately there were some timewasters and interesting situations. I spoke with Louise on a number of occasions and she was both extremely positive and patient

Comments on the Agents fees

“I SAVED ABOUT £2000 WITH VAT. THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT MY TYPE OF PROPERTY WAS NOT THE EASIEST TO SELL (DESPITE PLENTY OF THEM IN THE AREA) I THINK A LOCAL ESTATE AGENT WOULD HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE UNIQUENESS OF THEM. THAT SAID THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD HAVE VIEWED IT, WITH PROBABLY THE SAME PEOPLE PUTTING IN OFFERS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

YO19
    £162000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

House Simple were very easy to deal with the online process easy to follow, and the details of my property were uploaded quite quickly. The organised a photographer and surveyor to prepare the energy rating certificate, much easier that having to source our own.
    House Simple kept me informed of any prospective viewing by email and text messaging, I would have no hesitation in recommending House Simple for a hassle free way to sell your property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 1 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    W5

Awful customer service.
    Paid for a letting service, knowing full well that I would have to conduct the showings myself.

Firstly, it took multiple phone calls over 3 days to get a photographer arranged to come to the house.
    Then it took multiple calls to get the photos put on the site.
    The floor plan was a copy from the advert used to buy the house. I know this because I've had walls removed and they are in the 'newly measured' housesimple floor plans !!!!
    Oh and they look exactly the same!!!

Secondly, they send ANYONE to the house, they are meant to send only relevant people but it... (read more)

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“Listen to the client Do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it Much better customer service needed Better phone manners for client facing staff Easier onboarding and offboarding process”

21. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple  21/04/2015

2) Housesimple always tries to accommodate property visits promptly and we aim to complete a property visit within 3 working days of sign up once we have been provided with all of the relevant information requested. We take a further 3 working days to upload photographs following a property visit and endeavour to do this sooner where possible. On occasion we are provided with a copy of an old floor plan that was previously used to market a property and for ease and speed for our vendors we use this as a starting point, once all details and measurements have been verified, to base our plan on. All floor plans are signed off with vendors before leaving the property and any errors or omissions pointed out on review of property details before publishing will be promptly rectified. Once a property has been deactivated on the housesimple site, it takes a little time to then come down from property portals as the data that we export to them needs to filter through.
  22. A 1 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    LL23
    £229000
    Would you use the agent again? No

They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 dayS on line in 7 days.
    Not impressed
    Lloyd

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 day on line in 7. No call back so called several times, photographer called 5 days, still no assessor, ECP or sign after 6 days (excluding Sunday). At this rate it will be 2 weeks before on line Not impressed Lloyd”

23. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple  21/04/2015

Housesimple always tries to accommodate property visits promptly and we aim to complete a property visit within 3 working days of sign up once we have been provided with all of the relevant information requested. We take a further 3 working days to upload photographs following a property visit and endeavour to do this sooner where possible. Sale boards are erected within 5 working days of having been ordered with us. This property was live online within 6 working days of requesting the home visit.
  24. A 4 -star review by ''

bn69
    £413000
    Louise Hart

Very good service and excellent value for money. No idea why anyone would use a high street agent with House Simple around !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 4 -star review by ''

NP8
    £192500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chose Housesimple because cost was much lower than traditional Agents, so low risk. In the event their service was much better than we've had from Agents in the past. The photo's were stunning. Sold the house to second viewer within 3 weeks. Will definitely use them again if we ever decide to sell and can't recommend them highly enough..

“EXCELLENT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

Alex Gosling, Louise Hart
    LE11
    £157500
    Alex GoslingLouise Hart

Fantastic low cost way to get your property marketed on the main websites.
    The photographer they sent produced excellent photos with professional kit, he took time and knew how to make the shots look their best.
    You need to be quite proactive to get the best out of this service - we wrote our own particulars to be listed rather than letting them do it.
    Some of the viewers were initially not the best caliber (time wasters etc) but after setting a few vetting rules we got more viable viewers and less time wasters, and after a while a successful sale.
    We handled most of the negotiations and correspondence between buyer and solicitors etc - seemed better this way since they are not local estate agents.
    Would use them again if we market our property in the future.
    Finally, we purchased 6 months marketing for about �500 with no further fees on completion. They didn't take the money and run - they were there to help from the start to the finish.

“GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 4 -star review by ''

Jenny Spalding
    bn25
    £575000
    Jenny Spalding

I sold my house recently with this online agent. We had tried to sell with a high street agent for several months but had no success. House simple was straight forward to use and saved a small fortune over the other options. A lot of the viewers were happy to be shown around by us, rather than the 'shiny suited idiots' (not my words!). So I would recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

TS23
    £92000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I think House Simple is very good value for money. The set was very quick and everyone was very polite. We did have a few problems in the first couple of weeks but Toby dealt with our queries very quickly and positively.
    We sold our house to the first person who viewed it so it was all very quick.
    The only area I felt let down was the sales progression team. Other than an incorrect e-mail being sent I did not hear at all from this team at all after the day after the offer was made (and I paid for this to be included in the package too).
    If it wasn't for the Progression team I would have given House Simple a 8.5-9 out of 10

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

IP14
    £277500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The experience was as good or better than any high street agent we have ever dealt with. Thought the new booking system where you can log on a choose a time was excellent and of course, saved thousands of pounds in estate agent fees. Would never use a high street one again and dont understand why anyone else would. Thanks for making this a very easy transaction.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

LU2
    £270000
    Louise Hart

Ours was not an easy sale, however Louise worked hard every step of the way to nurse it through to completion. We paid 500 pounds upfront and wow did she earn her money! We had buyers who were never satisfied until every last minor detail was sorted to their satisfaction, including getting us to pay for an asbestos survey, which proved negative and was entirely unnecessary. Full marks to Housesimple for an excellent service. Watch out, Louise, we'll soon be using you again to sell a holiday home we own - let's hope it's a bit more straightforward this time!

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT VA;UE FOR MONEY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

da1
    £190000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

HouseSimple are such great value for money - I can't understand how anyone can afford to waste such high fees on the high street agent's.
    Staff at HouseSimple were efficient at organising viewings and we always got feedback from prospective buyers which was invaluable in helping to settle on a final price. The bidding process involving HouseSimple left us totally in control and saved us from the pushy and insistent negotiations that a high street agent would have forced us into. would definitely recommend them to others and will use them again when selling

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Emma Bishop
    Sw17
    £400000
    Emma Bishop

Excellent service and simple to follow procedure making viewings easy and fast.
    The photographer took out brilliant pictures and was very professional.The photographs taken by high street agents is no where near to the high quality of housesimple photographs.
    I was able to sell my house to the first buyer in less than a week who fell in love with my house.
    The fees is very cheap and is the best value for money.
    The staff are very helpful specially Emma bishop.
    Thanks housesimple

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

PL17
    £153500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Easy to use website to upload property details, good telephone support and sales progression team really helpful. Overall excellent value for money, I'd never use a high street agent again band and recommend Housesimple unreservedly.

“GREAT VALUE”