Browse agents by letter

Housesimple

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 140 ratings. This website contains 140 user reviews of Housesimple.

Contact Housesimple

• 131 recommend
  • 9 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 35
in the SW4 League Tables
25 out of 3674
in the London League Tables
52 out of 21381
in the UK

Agent Information

Housesimple.co.uk have agents in England, Scotland and Wales and market property across the largest network of websites in the UK (including Rightmove, Primelocation, Findaproperty, Zoopla, Globrix and hundreds more) aswell as offering fees as low as £425.

All our fee options include a valuation guide, home visit, professional photos and floorplan, full negotiation & sales progression through to completion. Housesimple are members of The Property Ombudsman (An OFT approved code).

House simple estate agents in the UK: England, Wales and Scotland. Biggest advertising network in UK

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

• Fri: -
  • Sat: -
  • Sun: -

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

No areas covered

Housesimple has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Housesimple, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 5)

Page last updated on: 20-Apr-2014 21:35:56

1. A 1-star review by 'Andrew Pickford' 5/4/2014

CF82
    Would you use the agent again? No

The initial process was fine, they advertised the process and then arranged for photographs etc and it worked well until listed.

We listed in November and had sold by early January (we live in a period property in a popular local area). The chain collapsed and since then we have had the most ridiculous service from them. Highlights include:

1. When we put it back on the market, it went on for 4 different prices.
    2. They were still telling people it was off the market when it was on (I lost 6 prospective buyers as a result of this)
    3. When re-listed room measurements were wrong
    4. The floor plan has been lost on the listings
    5. Photographs have been lost from the listing
    6. Key features, which are not key features, have been lost from the listing
    7. I have phoned staff on a minimum of 15 occasions and only twice ever received a call back - not a good percentage.

The service is appalling, its actually beyond a joke.

I wont doubt the integrity of any positive ratings on this website.

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“Actually offer a reasonable service.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple Customer Care Team  18/04/2014

Housesimple strives to provide the most effective and efficient service across the UK and is always determined to remedy any issues as quickly as possible. Whilst it seems initially everything went very well and the property was successfully sold using our network of 700 websites, when re-listing this property with us there may have been a technical glitch which effected data throughout the listing, however Housesimple endeavour to remedy any technical issue within 2 hours of them being identified, and so far we have a 97% success ratio for doing so. Our staff operate 8am until 8pm, 7... (read more)
  3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Thomas' 14/2/2014

N7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

In very simple terms: Housesimple offer a massive saving over using a high street agent. We saved £3k.
    The floorplan and photos were put together very quickly and within days we were on Zoopla and Rightmove. We had to be at the property for viewings, for obvious reasons, but having had the unpleasant experience of estate agents showing me numerous properties I feel like this is the best arrangement for all parties involved. We paid £500 up-front as a one off fee and I did have reservations that the service might drop off as soon as the money cleared as they had no incentive to keep it up. This was not the case and a good service level was provided through all stages to completion. We have walked away from our sale feeling like we realised good value from the money we paid to Housesimple - a first for us when dealing with estate agents.

4. A 5-star review by 'mands' 8/12/2013

, Osgodby Osgodby
    LS25
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After trying a local agent for six months with few viewings (and clearly no sale!), we decided to try House Simple, and are glad we did.

We opted for the '£395 up front with no fee on completion' package and almost immediately, we had viewing requests. We attribute this to the brochure produced by House Simple, which included many high quality and optimum pictures, taken by a professional photographer. These were worlds apart from those taken by a local agent.

Following the sale, negotiations were handled promptly.

Communication from House Simple was generally good, however on a couple of occasions we needed to chase feedback from viewings and it took a number of phone calls and emails to arrange our much-anticipated 'SOLD' sign, which we received three weeks after accepting an offer.

The service we received from House Simple was far higher than from the high street agent we used and we will certainly consider using House Simple again when we decide to move again. We would certainly recommend them to prospective sellers.

5. 1

A 4-star review by 'Joel' 3/12/2013

DE24
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After getting quotes from local estate agents a friend mentioned online so searched the Internet and found Houseimple. It made sense to me as all the people we know use Rightmove/Zoopla etc when searching for homes. We called them to enquire and they answered quickly and answered all our queries.
    The photos that were produced were fantastic you get a floor plan as part of the package which I like and they were always very efficient on arranging viewings. We had over 15 viewings and 3 offers in the end in a 3 month period. The first month was a right off really as we had overpriced the... (read more)

6. A 5-star review by 'Don P' 30/11/2013

HA1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

This is the first review I have ever felt warranted my response.

From the very first phone call I made the service offered has been faultless. The photographer was on time very helpful and produced excellent photos to show our flat at its best. The expert and helpful service at your office continued with floor plans and accurate description of our property. Following publication on the internet we received twenty positive calls/visits on the first day, resulting in sold subject to contract by day two.

Generally when something looks to good to be true it usually is but in this instance it was as good as it could possibly be.

Well done and thank you.

7. A 5-star review by 'LYNDA BARNFIELD' 28/11/2013

CF82
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have just sold with House Simple and are very satisfied customers. Initially we used another company that went into administration and only by using our credit card did we get our money back. We were therefore cautious but perservered with House Simple. We paid upfront then they sent a photographer to measure and take photos. We had a few glitches with measurements but the quality of the photographs were outstanding and portrayed the house at it's best. I decided to write my own review after noticing on other properties not much of a description. After going live a couple of days later we started receiving calls from House Simple's Michelle and then we started doing the viewings ourselves. (be careful re safety etc) Approximately 8 viewings later we accepted an offer. After initially contracting to a high street estate agent and experiencing both ways of selling I would definately recommend the on line experience because you get just as much selling power and save yourself thousands!!

8. A 5-star review by 'London selling lady' 27/11/2013

IG10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It was as the name says, SIMPLE! the staff were incredibly professional, efficient, helpful and above all and most importantly we saved £8000. What a whopping saving that would have gone to some silly high street estate agent when Housesimple offer EXACTLY the same service. To be honest today we all buy via the intent and Housesimple offer access to all the top property sites. I couldn't recommend them enough. Thank you!!!!

9. A 4-star review by 'Tony' 23/11/2013

RG19
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After a little hiccup at the start, which was put right very quickly, I had a great many calls, though some callers expressed concern over having difficulty in making contact through email.
    I could have sold my property 6 times!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (1)by Housesimple Customer Care Team  27/11/2013

Having discussed this feedback with our client, we'd like to clarify that the communication issues stated were not with Housesimple's email systems, the vendor was commenting on his own direct communication with viewers. When clients sign up to our Standard (marketing only) service, which includes the home visit, photos & floorplans and marketing across our network of 700 websites, they take on more of the service themselves and choose a method for viewers to communicate with them. We are pleased to hear that the listing generated so much interest and multiple offers.
  11. A 5-star review by 'david wilkey' 21/11/2013

E2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I'm not often given to writing reviews, I have enough writing to do at work. Despite being internet savvy, I was a little suspicious of how online conveyancing would work, given how useless most estate agents are. I initially 'cold called' Housesimple, to see how they handled prospective clients, and they were both efficient and courteous, so I paid for the full service to sell my house. They made the parts of the process they manage, run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
    They answer the phone promptly.
    Calls are passed to the appropriate staff, who invariably dealt with the... (read more)

12. 1

A 5-star review by 'Review' 21/11/2013

RG7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After being quoted 1% + vat (*or nearly 4 grand) by all the 'standard' agents I did a trawl on the internet and saw various internet options, the Housesimple website seemed ok to use, they answered my emails and calls so I decided to try a 195 + VAT punt (on the grounds of the potential savings). Worked fine for me, they did prompt photos and floorplan, I sorted out an EPC and that was it online. Had normal issues (ie initial 'sale' was to "cash buyers" [*who had to sell to get the cash!!] but I had that on my last standard house sale as well. Genuinely surprised in that not one viewer mucked me about and didn't turn up. If you are happy to do your viewings, talk money/turkey and haggle direct with potential buyers then I can't see a reason for not trying it .

13. A 5-star review by 'jackie' 21/11/2013

CO9
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I exchanged on my house sale this morning 20th November, less than 3 months after it had gone onto the market! I wanted to say thank you to everyone at Housesimple. I thought that the service was great, communication was good and the photos taken were excellent. I had about 14 viewings in 2 weeks! I always complain if I am unhappy with a service, and it's good to be able to compliment them and say that I have already recommended to others.

14. A 5-star review by 'Rafal Piotrowski' 9/11/2013

SM6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

House Simple was absolutely great to deal with. I found the staff highly competent, polite and helpful. I highly recommend using their services. Saved me time and money providing far much better service than high street agencies.

15. A 5-star review by 'Fiona sneddon' 17/10/2013

KY8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Sold our house in 5 weeks with house simple. There services was thorough and easy to use. All my emails and phone calls were immediately answered and I would definetly use them again. Excellent value for money.

16. A 5-star review by 'Beth' 8/10/2013

WF8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

A really brilliant service getting absolutely everything you get from a high street estate agent but at a fraction of the price! (We saved around £1500 after VAT). No Fuss, great staff, quick and easy communication. We were so pleasantly surprised at how simple it all was- would definitely recommend!

17. 1

A 5-star review by 'Robert Stephany' 8/10/2013

E1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the start Michelle was proactive, positive and helpful. She was available on the phone nearly always and if she was out or engaged then Tom stepped in and sorted it out. As the transaction progressed Michelle's involvement reduced but she was available when needed, didn't waste time and didn't call unnecessarily. Really she did exactly what an agent should do and we have only priase for her and the company. On top of this the fee was very reasonable. It just shows that you don't always get what you pay for as we would almost certainly have got a far worse service had we used a normal agent who would have charged several times what we paid. I would certainly recommend them,

18. A 5-star review by 'smug seller' 4/10/2013

SW4
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent first time experience with the online estate agent Housesimple. Efficient in organising floorplan and photos, and publishing the property online - we made a few changes to the property blurb but that was it. We began viewings within a week and received 3 asking price offers at the end of the second week on the market. Our housesimple agent kept in contact throughout and moved the process along to completion where needed. I have sold another property with a highstreet agent and apart from not needing to be present for viewings I cannot see any difference between the 2 services except the cost. Very positive experience and a fantastic saving!

19. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jill' 30/9/2013

AL7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The agent arranged for the photographs to be taken, which were excellent and they came out to do them very quickly. We were able to add more description and to also make alterations as often as we wanted. Prospective viewers had a good experience calling them. We sold our house at the full asking price and were delighted with the service and also saving many thousands of pounds. I recommend them to anyone I hear who is thinking of selling. We also got the discount for the Solicitors who works 7 days a week and promise a fast service which is what we are looking for. Most people search the major property websites and our property was on all of them. I would definitely use them again.

20. A 5-star review by 'Craig' 19/9/2013

N22
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Can not believe or begin to tell you all how great House Simple CUSTOMER SERVICE was, with the initial enquiry right through to the sale. Very well organised in getting a photographer round, the write up of the property and online, all for just £234.00. No catches, saving myself at least a possible 5k, if I had gone through any estate agent. I would only ever recommend or will only use House Simple for any property matters from now on.........Great work and finally a service well worth paying for and makes you feel that your not being ripped off for what is rightly yours in the first place. MANY THANKS TO ALL THE TEAM AT HOUSE SIMPLE!!!

21. 1

A 5-star review by 'M.P.JOHN' 17/9/2013

LE19
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We discovered HS after purchasing a property advertised by them. When we decided to sell they were prompt, sent a photographer quickly, dealt with the energy certificate and put our property on websites immediately.We had to add to the property description sent to us which was a bit brief but amendments were dealt with promptly and without quibble. When we asked for photographs to be changed this was dealt with quickly too. We were very happy to use the standard service where contact was directly with us including negotiations on offers. To us this was very logical and preferable but may not suit everyone. We had 17 viewings in three months and achieved a sale close to the asking price. Most importantly this cost us £195 instead of a potential £5700 through a normal agent who would do very little more!

22. 1

A 2-star review by 'Derek' 8/9/2013

TR12
    Would you use the agent again? No

Board took forever to arrive, many telephone calls, then a second board arrived after our house was sold. Our house is still listed sold stc 8 weeks after we moved. I have told them but they still have not removed from the Internet. If you want to use them do so but only use the basic service, it is good and gets you the Internet service you need. The professional service is non existent, had we not had direct contact with our buyer, we may never have sold.
    The photographers photographs were over exposed when shown on the Internet.
    Constant promises that were never met!

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“As above”

23. A 5-star review by 'Peter Anstess' 8/9/2013

S74
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

What a contrasting experience. My partner sold her house through a High St estate agent in Sheffield and I sold through Housesimple. Housesimple were efficient and friendly and I sold the house in 11 days for their great price of £220. My partner sold hers in 18 days, they were arrogant, controlling, lacked a clear understanding of our situation and charged £3900. The photographs taken by housesimple were superior and I was able to add words of my choosing, not the usual agents waffle. Excellent value, excellent service, stay away from the High Street.

24. 1

A 2-star review by 'j g edwards' 4/9/2013

LL28
    Would you use the agent again? No

Have to say not at all impressed with this company at all in six months 2 viewings ,not had any contact till today 4/09/13 then just to tell me my times up , and would i like 3 more months free of charge , and sugesting i surprise surprise go for premium listing at extra cost of not short of hundred pounds .you have already stung me for over 500 hundred plus you wont be getting any more , expensive lesson but have to say selling on the internet not all its cracked up to be might work in citys but if your slightly out take my advise and go with a local estate agents as much as it pains me to say that

25. A 5-star review by 'David' 28/7/2013

Tom Holmes
    SN3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was a little apprehensive at first using an online estate agent, but I had read a positive review in the Telegraph about House Simple so thought I would give them a try thinking I could always switch to a conventional estate agent later. My fears were unfounded, I found House Simple to be very efficient and professional. The photographs, description and marketing of the property far exceeded my expectations and as far as I am concerned they provide exactly the same service if not more than a conventional estate agent at a fraction of the cost. I can't recommend them highly enough.

26. A 5-star review by 'Sam' 20/7/2013

NE6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found working with housesimple very straight forward and reassuring. They were very helpful in setting me up and explained everything very clearly for me. I would most definitely recommended to anyone who would like to sell their house without traditional estate agents. Thank you housesimple!

27. A 4-star review by 'Beano' 13/7/2013

SN4
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

This is definitely the way forward in house-agency. No need for a shop window when the Internet is available. the staff were efficient, did what was asked of them with no frills, at a fraction of the price of a High Street Agency. Our house was sold to the first viewer in less than a week, with some negotiation of price from Michelle. No complaints with the service.

28. A 5-star review by 'Alexis Hogg' 12/7/2013

N22
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We are very pleased that we chose House Simple to market our property. They were lovely to deal with and were always available to answer our questions. We highly recommend them.

29. A 5-star review by 'Gregg Y' 12/7/2013

S12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would most definitely recommend House Simple. They were proactive in every aspect of the sales process and provided a service which was great value for money.

30. A 5-star review by 'Elaine Gleeson' 12/7/2013

UB6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was very happy with the service and cost of using Housesimple . The whole process was easy ,fuss free professional and I saved thousands of ££££. Michelle was courteous and communication was great . We had plenty of viewings and the photographs taken of my property and subsequent internet marketing were superb .

31. A 5-star review by 'levans' 11/7/2013

EX1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

HouseSimple were excellent for selling our house. We sold it within 2 days of it going on the market at above the asking price and they managed the negotiation brilliantly. The professional photos were amazing and the follow up and chasing of the sale through to completion was outstanding. This seems to be the new way to sell a property - look out traditional estate agents...

32. A 5-star review by 'allan Brazil' 17/5/2013

KA11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My house was viewed online more than 200 times in first month and within 6 weeks had loads of viewers and 4 interested parties I sold for asking price to first bidder housesimple did everything needed to sell my house with no fuss and at fraction of the price of other agents

Page: