Housesimple OnLine Estate Agents

Housesimple

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 192 ratings. This website contains 192 user reviews of Housesimple.

• Housesimple has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Housesimple, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

4.56 out of 5.00

• 177 recommend
  • 15 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 18
in the CO10 League Tables
1 out of 10
in the Sudbury League Tables
72 out of 22593
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Page last updated on: 18-Apr-2015 16:28:24

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 7)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Louise Hart, Josh Davidson
    TR12
    £700000
    Louise HartJosh Davidson

From the very start of the process, we were expertly helped to get the very best out of the marketing and presentation of our property. We opted for professional photographs to be taken and these were superb and certainly helped to show off our home to its best potential. Throughout the selling process we were able to see how our house was performing on Rightmove and what was needed to give it a boost etc. There was always someone at the end of the phone to give help if required and everyone worked as a team.
    When the actual sales process began, Louise Hart was first class with her exstencive negotiating skills, in order to achieve the best for us.
    We would not hesitate to recommend HouseSimple and have already done so, to several of our friends.
    Thank you to the entire team.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

SE14
    £580000
    Louise Hart

House Simple's service offer was explained well initially so we knew exactly what we were getting and during the sale process their responsiveness to events was excellent. I opted to conduct viewings myself and did find it a little onerous but I knew that House Simple provided a viewing service had I wanted a different arrangement. Overall I found the experience to be a good one and I will consider using them again in future.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Emma Bishop, Jenny Spalding
    S2
    £85000
    Emma BishopJenny Spalding

We cannot praise housesimple enough they offer an exceptional service for a fraction of the cost of any high street estate agent. They provide friendly and proficient members of their team dedicated to seeing your sale through to the end.

You have full control of what you want to include in your description of sale online and this process is very easy and user friendly, photos of our property were professionally taken and really do help to showcase your property.

I would recommend housesimple to anyone wishing to sell their property they really are excellent value for money and they can save you a fortune as moving house can be very costly.

Online estate agency is the way to go its so easy and stress free.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Tracey Curran
    WF2
    £147000
    Tracey Curran

I sold my house with housesimple and I found the experience really easy, everyone i dealt with was very professional.

I was originally only interested because of the price but I couldn't believe how many viewings I got, I thought being an online only agent would be a disadvantage but I sold much faster than my friends who used traditional agents.

I can honestly say house simple is the best estete agent I've ever used, and I've sold a number of properties in my time (5 to be precise), its not only because I saved a fortune thier service is great too

5. FEATURED REVIEW

S3
    £125000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was delighted with the massive saving we achieved through using Housesimple, and the service was good, seemed to be on a par or better than any high street estate agents we have dealt with.

We had a desirable property to sell, but we had accepted an offer the day after the advert went live (a Sunday). The floorplan and photos had been put together well and within a few days we were on Zoopla and Rightmove. We had to be at the property for viewings, which was fine for us. We were looking for a property to buy at the same time and of the 6 or 7 we looked at, all marketed through high street agents, the vendor showed us round each time. We paid the up-front one off fee and I did have reservations that the service might drop off as soon as the money cleared as they had no incentive to keep it up. This was not the case and a good service level was provided through all stages to completion.

High street estate agents are the absolute pits and I was so pleased we could save so much money, whilst receiving the same/better level of service.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Louise Hart, Hannah Walker
    WA5
    £94000
    Louise HartHannah Walker

The service House Simple provided was excellent and easy to use it took the hassle out of selling my property. Any questions I have were always answered very promptly and they provided support throughout the Sales process. I would highly recommend them for not only their Customer Services but also how cost effective it was. A very big Thank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COST EFFECTIVE WELL OVER 50% SAVINGS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    David Radford
    E11
    £1650000
    David Radford

We were able to conduct our own viewings and so get much more useful feedback from prospective buyers. We chose this agent because out of the internet-only agents, the quality of their photos was the best.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

CM17
    £355000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We found selling our house through House Simple was an easy process that saved us a lot of money by not using the traditional high street estate agents. My only criticism would be the lack of key holding service as we were relocating out of the area before our completion date. Apart from that we found that House Simple provided an excellent service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

RG24
    £197500
    Louise Hart

My property was not the easiest to sell from start to finish and unfortunately there were some timewasters and interesting situations. I spoke with Louise on a number of occasions and she was both extremely positive and patient

Comments on the Agents fees

“I SAVED ABOUT £2000 WITH VAT. THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT MY TYPE OF PROPERTY WAS NOT THE EASIEST TO SELL (DESPITE PLENTY OF THEM IN THE AREA) I THINK A LOCAL ESTATE AGENT WOULD HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE UNIQUENESS OF THEM. THAT SAID THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD HAVE VIEWED IT, WITH PROBABLY THE SAME PEOPLE PUTTING IN OFFERS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

YO19
    £162000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

House Simple were very easy to deal with the online process easy to follow, and the details of my property were uploaded quite quickly. The organised a photographer and surveyor to prepare the energy rating certificate, much easier that having to source our own.
    House Simple kept me informed of any prospective viewing by email and text messaging, I would have no hesitation in recommending House Simple for a hassle free way to sell your property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 1 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    W5

Awful customer service.
    Paid for a letting service, knowing full well that I would have to conduct the showings myself.

Firstly, it took multiple phone calls over 3 days to get a photographer arranged to come to the house.
    Then it took multiple calls to get the photos put on the site.
    The floor plan was a copy from the advert used to buy the house. I know this because I've had walls removed and they are in the 'newly measured' housesimple floor plans !!!!
    Oh and they look exactly the same!!!

Secondly, they send ANYONE to the house, they are meant to send only relevant people but it... (read more)

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“Listen to the client Do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it Much better customer service needed Better phone manners for client facing staff Easier onboarding and offboarding process”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 1 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    LL23
    £229000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 dayS on line in 7 days.
    Not impressed
    Lloyd

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“They promise, call back within 24 hours, visit within 3 day on line in 7. No call back so called several times, photographer called 5 days, still no assessor, ECP or sign after 6 days (excluding Sunday). At this rate it will be 2 weeks before on line Not impressed Lloyd”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 4 -star review by ''

bn69
    £413000
    Louise Hart

Very good service and excellent value for money. No idea why anyone would use a high street agent with House Simple around !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 4 -star review by ''

NP8
    £192500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Chose Housesimple because cost was much lower than traditional Agents, so low risk. In the event their service was much better than we've had from Agents in the past. The photo's were stunning. Sold the house to second viewer within 3 weeks. Will definitely use them again if we ever decide to sell and can't recommend them highly enough..

“EXCELLENT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 4 -star review by ''

Alex Gosling, Louise Hart
    LE11
    £157500
    Alex GoslingLouise Hart

Fantastic low cost way to get your property marketed on the main websites.
    The photographer they sent produced excellent photos with professional kit, he took time and knew how to make the shots look their best.
    You need to be quite proactive to get the best out of this service - we wrote our own particulars to be listed rather than letting them do it.
    Some of the viewers were initially not the best caliber (time wasters etc) but after setting a few vetting rules we got more viable viewers and less time wasters, and after a while a successful sale.
    We handled most of the negotiations and correspondence between buyer and solicitors etc - seemed better this way since they are not local estate agents.
    Would use them again if we market our property in the future.
    Finally, we purchased 6 months marketing for about �500 with no further fees on completion. They didn't take the money and run - they were there to help from the start to the finish.

“GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 4 -star review by ''

Jenny Spalding
    bn25
    £575000
    Jenny Spalding

I sold my house recently with this online agent. We had tried to sell with a high street agent for several months but had no success. House simple was straight forward to use and saved a small fortune over the other options. A lot of the viewers were happy to be shown around by us, rather than the 'shiny suited idiots' (not my words!). So I would recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

TS23
    £92000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I think House Simple is very good value for money. The set was very quick and everyone was very polite. We did have a few problems in the first couple of weeks but Toby dealt with our queries very quickly and positively.
    We sold our house to the first person who viewed it so it was all very quick.
    The only area I felt let down was the sales progression team. Other than an incorrect e-mail being sent I did not hear at all from this team at all after the day after the offer was made (and I paid for this to be included in the package too).
    If it wasn't for the Progression team I would have given House Simple a 8.5-9 out of 10

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

IP14
    £277500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The experience was as good or better than any high street agent we have ever dealt with. Thought the new booking system where you can log on a choose a time was excellent and of course, saved thousands of pounds in estate agent fees. Would never use a high street one again and dont understand why anyone else would. Thanks for making this a very easy transaction.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

LU2
    £270000
    Louise Hart

Ours was not an easy sale, however Louise worked hard every step of the way to nurse it through to completion. We paid 500 pounds upfront and wow did she earn her money! We had buyers who were never satisfied until every last minor detail was sorted to their satisfaction, including getting us to pay for an asbestos survey, which proved negative and was entirely unnecessary. Full marks to Housesimple for an excellent service. Watch out, Louise, we'll soon be using you again to sell a holiday home we own - let's hope it's a bit more straightforward this time!

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT VA;UE FOR MONEY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

da1
    £190000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

HouseSimple are such great value for money - I can't understand how anyone can afford to waste such high fees on the high street agent's.
    Staff at HouseSimple were efficient at organising viewings and we always got feedback from prospective buyers which was invaluable in helping to settle on a final price. The bidding process involving HouseSimple left us totally in control and saved us from the pushy and insistent negotiations that a high street agent would have forced us into. would definitely recommend them to others and will use them again when selling

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

PL17
    £153500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Easy to use website to upload property details, good telephone support and sales progression team really helpful. Overall excellent value for money, I'd never use a high street agent again band and recommend Housesimple unreservedly.

“GREAT VALUE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Sw17
    £400000
    Emma Bishop

Excellent service and simple to follow procedure making viewings easy and fast.
    The photographer took out brilliant pictures and was very professional.The photographs taken by high street agents is no where near to the high quality of housesimple photographs.
    I was able to sell my house to the first buyer in less than a week who fell in love with my house.
    The fees is very cheap and is the best value for money.
    The staff are very helpful specially Emma bishop.
    Thanks housesimple

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 1 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    S1
    £85000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents were reasonably pleasant on the phone but after 4 attempts to chase them up to view a property I was running out of patience with promises of call back etc. Eventually I received an email from the vendor saying it was sold! Did the agents not know this (they told me it WAS available).

Just rubbish really, it's cheap for a reason. They have no local knowledge or real interest.

I would never use not recommend them. 1/10

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“You could have done an awful lot more! Rubbish communication!!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 2 -star review by ''

ll53
    £267000
    Emma Bishop

The idea of an online agent sounded good and the fee of apx £1500 payable on completion (no sale no fee) seemed great. Unfortunately things were not good from the start. The 'professional photographer' was a part time guy with a camera, who mostly took photos of the ceiling in each room. We sent our own photos for our listing in the end. We paid for a For Sale sign, and for installation - but were then told they didn't have anyone in our area to put the sign up - at least they refunded the installation cost. The sign itself was just an advert for House Simple - the very small 'For Sale' was... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FIXED FEE PAYABLE ON COMPLETION, WOULD BE FINE IF THEY HAD DONE ANYTHING RIGHT TO EARN IT”

What could Housesimple do to change your mind??

“If they\'d got anything right we would have been grateful.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

KT9
    £315000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We signed up with Housesimple in September and sold our house easily and quickly. We went for a very basic package, opting to do most of the work ourselves, but were very impressed with the service from Housesimple, particularly everyone we spoke to. You need to have a little patience with their website, but it is definitely worth it.

They took photos, produced the floorplan, posted the advert on Rightmove etc and took contact details of prospective buyers, we did the rest - which is how we wanted it.

We produced our own particulars and replaced their pictures with our own (the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY, VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

EX15
    £142000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I trawled the internet to find the most cost competitive company to advertise my property on the major selling portals. Housesimple provided everything I required in an incredibly speedy and efficient manner. Their website is incredibly easy to use and provided a 24/7 service. I would have absolutely no hesitation in using Housesimple for any future sales.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGH STREET AGENT (CHEAPEST I COULD FIND) - £1500.00 HOUSESIMPLE - £228.00”

27. 1
    person found this

NG16
    £375000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We decided to sell our property with an on line estate agents, when we had quotes of between £7000 and £8500 commission fees + advertising fees, from three local estate agents. We came across the advert for House Simple and I was impressed by the low advertising fees, and more importantly NO COMMISSION!!. I also decided to go with House Simple as their website explained the process and fees very simply, a few others websites offering similar services, looked more complicated. Once I started the process of advertising our house, it was very simple (even for me, who is not that brilliant with... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    tf2
    £305
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent Service. Set up my account and decided how much support I wanted and paid my money. Within 2 days the professional photographer arrived and completed both photos and floor plan details. Went live a couple of days later. Having used another online agent I found Housesimple easier to use. Generating the advert was very straightforward. I sold within a couple of days. I had requested and paid for an advert in the local paper but was still working through the format with a staff member at the point of sale so no longer need the advert; I was given a full refund. Brilliant. I have been telling friends about the agency and have another property to sell which I will definitely do through Houseseimple.

“FAIR VALUE FOR MONEY.”

29. 1
    person found this

Louise Hart, Emma Bishop
    L20
    £190000
    Louise HartEmma Bishop

My wife and I were very pleased with way the staff at Housesimple handled the selling of our house ,also we had many interested viewers ,and was particularly impressed with the photos of the property and the sale went though very smoothly .I paid up front as I found thought it would be cheaper in the long run and I was proved right and saved a lot of money .The staff was very polite and helpful which was a good asset ,so it is with many thanks and i would not hesitate to recommend Housesimple to family and friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

N16
    £430000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Using Housesimple was a pleasure; it was easy, efficient and effective. Their customer service was friendly, informative and responsive. Simply put, they made things happen. They were happy to get my property listed within two days of my finalising the ad. The photographer was professional and approachable; the pictures were first-class. I received emails with details of potential buyers promptly and had seven viewings scheduled for the first weekend. I enjoyed conducting the viewings and so did all of the potential buyers. Not only did myself and the buyers universally prefer using Housesimple to an estate agent, but of course there is the small matter of us saving £6000. I hope more people do the same.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE FEES CHARGED BY HOUSESIMPLE REPRESENT GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND ARE COMMENSURATE WITH THE SERVICE/WORK THEY DID FOR ME. I WAS HAPPY TO PAY THEM THE MONEY AS THEY SHOWED PROFESSIONALISM AND STRONG COMMITMENT IN DOING THE WORK.”

Page: