Online Estate Agents House Tree 	he UKs national local estate agent

House Tree

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 64 ratings. This website contains 64 user reviews of House Tree.

• House Tree has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use House Tree, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

4.20 out of 5.00

• 51 recommend
  • 13 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

12 out of 38
in the BR3 League Tables
7 out of 14
in the Beckenham League Tables
2600 out of 23079
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)

Areas Covered

National

Page last updated on: 28-Apr-2015 01:22:56

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

1. 1

RM9
    £250000
    Lucy Guerin

Lucy was an absolute star from start to finish she responded to calls quickly and efficiently,
    obtained the best price by managing the offers superbly.
    She went over and above by assisting with the exchange , personally speaking with the buyers mortgage and insurance brokers to get the information required when the process started to falter.
    excellent service throughout

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALL CLEARLY ADVERTISED AND BROKEN DOWN FOR THE SERVICE WE CHOSE, OPTIONS FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED ALLOWS YOU TO CHOOSE THE SERVICE YOU GET FOR THE FEES YOU PAY. ALL”

2. 1

Lucy Guerin, Tom Harrington
    LL32
    Rent PCM
    £575
    Lucy  Guerin Tom Harrington
    Lucy GuerinTom Harrington

Housetree sent me quite a few potential tenants straight away via email (advertising on Rightmove etc), which was more than High Street Agents ever did. The communication I had with them was also excellent which surprised me given the very low fee. They also did the tenancy checks as well in the price.
    I did try selling the property through them and the response wasn't as good although i think this was probably down to the overpriced valuation. I think high street agents have a better handle on local house prices although their fees cannot compare.
    Definitely will use them again as they did everything the local estate agents do and more for a fraction of the cost.

3. 1

RM9
    £250000
    Lucy Guerin

3 days after putting the house into the care of house tree there were 11 prospective buyers books in for viewing. In the end over 15 viewings of the property where confirmed and after these had taken place 12 offers where made. Lucy made the entire process painless and very quick with an offer accepted within 3 days.

4. 1

WC1H
    £265000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I used House Tree to advertise my property on the internet and to liaise with potential purchasers and to arrange viewings. I was very happy with the service received for the price I paid. House Tree were very conscientious in contacting me regarding viewings and in providing advice as to price we could expect to achieve and makins sure that our expectations were met.

“VERY GOOD VALUE.”

5. 2

A 2 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Rg30
    £160000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A frustrating experience. The key holder was just that and had no knowledge or information about the property or seller or the area.
    I had difficulty finding the property so called the office but just got voicemail.
    A cheap option for sellers, hopeless for buyers.

What could House Tree do to change your mind??

“Would have been helpful if someone could have answered my call when looking for the property. Provide a key holder with the info buyers will want to know.”

6. 1

HA2
    £275000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was very pleased with the service provided. I have sold 2 flats through housetree and it has been a hassle-free, professional experience. The staff arranged all the viewings and kept me update on the progress of the sale up until the point of exchange. I have no hesitation in recommending others to sell their property through housetree as the service is just as good as any high street agent with the added incentive of saving thousands on fees.

7. 2

Joe Murrock, Megan Lawrence
    NW3
    £375000
    Joe Murrock Megan Lawrence
    Joe MurrockMegan Lawrence

Amazingly good value for money, and kept expecting to discover a catch, but there wasn't one. Joe and Megan always very pleasant to deal with, always seemed happy to talk. Saved thousands on High Street Estate Agents' fees. I'd recommend them!

8. 2

N20
    £400000
    Lucy Guerin

Very pleased with the service we had from House Tree and their solicitors right from the start through to moving day. We went with a package that included everything needed for selling as well as there solicitors. They were extremely good value when you compared it to some of the local agents that visited my property for a valuation. I went with House Tree as they seemed very much on the ball when we had our initial discussions and they meet my needs wherever they could.

It does make me wonder why people are still using local agents when some wanted 2.5% commission for putting a property on a website. If I went with one of the agents that visited my property it would have ended up costing me £10,000 more than selling with House Tree…that is insane!

My property manager was Lucy and never had any problems getting hold of her and always returned my calls. It was important to me that I only wanted to deal with one person for my sale instead of always speaking to someone different and this was never a problem.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WENT WITH HOUSE TREE’S OPTION 2 FOR £699. THIS INCLUDED ALL THE ESTATE AGENCY FEES FOR SELLING AND ALSO INCLUDING THE SOLICITORS FEES. CANNOT BE BEATEN FOR PRICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

vivien Coward
    E3
    Rent PCM
    £1450
    no photo
    vivien Coward

I am a landlady and have 4 properties which I let out. I have used gumtree, several letting agencies but this has been the best experience with regard to speed, efficiency and cost. Completely delighted with both the service and product.
    I will most definitely use them again and will spread the word.
    Thank you all!

10. 5

Joe Murrock, Lucy Guerin
    mk5
    £178000
    Joe Murrock Lucy  Guerin
    Joe MurrockLucy Guerin

A superb service provided by this agent. I was highly dubious about using an on-line Estate Agent but the staff members I dealt with were professional, friendly and patient. I felt that they represented my interests perfectly.

This is the third property I have sold, the previous two being through traditional agents and I can honestly say that house tree were the best. My property went "live" on the Tuesday and was sold on Thursday. All the buyers they sent round were serious potential buyers.

I would definitely use them again if I need an estate agent and recommend them 100%. If you are uncertain (like I was) give them a try, you have nothing to lose and thousands of pounds to save.

11. 1

Megan Lawrence, Tom Harrington
    PE22
    Megan Lawrence Tom Harrington
    Megan LawrenceTom Harrington

Such an amazing team, nothing was too much trouble and without the large fee that lots of estate agents charge.
    I would RECOMEND them to anyone.

12. 2

SS14
    Megan Lawrence

Megan provided an excellent service and without her help I would still be trying to chase solicitors to exchange contract.

I have no hesitation in recommending them, the fact that they were not local to the property I brought was not a problem at all. Megan provided a first class service throughout the whole process, nothing was to much trouble.

13. 5

HA2
    Megan LawrenceJoe Murrock

Having been a little apprehensive about using an online estate agent, I can honestly say that this has been a wonderful first time experience and I doubt very much if I will be returning to using high street agents. The experience was enhance by the excellent communication from Megan and Joe, who arranged the viewings efficiently and informed me of any cancellations.

I save thousands in commission hence I would have no hesitation in recommending this agent to all who are contemplating an alternative to high street agents.

14. 1

Megan Lawrence, Lucy Guerin
    DH2
    Megan Lawrence Lucy  Guerin
    Megan LawrenceLucy Guerin

Easy to use and saved over 50% of the cost of a high street agent.
    Good photos on website.Will certainly use housetree again.

15. 2

Pe22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We heard about HOUSE TREE on radio, and thought it sounded too good to be true , but it really is true it is an amazing service and so reasonably priced, we could have paid £3500 to a local estate agent but instead we paid only ........... £350 , we can not fault the service from the team.
    we dealt mostly with Megan Lawrence , nothing was ever too much trouble, if there was something I wasn't happy (change of wording on our house detail for example ) with she sorted it out straight away. Why oh hey would you use someone else and pay them thousands when you can use HOUSE TREE and get it one for hundreds

GIVE THEM A GO

16. 4

B60
    Megan LawrenceJoe Murrock

A fantastic company and great value for money.

Considerably cheaper than 'local' estate agents and from our experience with other people within our chain offer a more pleasant experience without the aggressive percentage commission based approach that traditional estate agents use.

I would strongly recommend their services as it was a joy, right from the clear options on their website with clear costs set out, through getting the EPC and advertisement organised, to liaising through the whole sales process.

17. 2

L17
    Megan LawrenceJoe Murrock

My flat in Liverpool was on the market with Housetree for a long time due to the poor market conditions, and over that time the business saw some changes, but throughout the team at Housetree were really friendly and professional. I got plenty of viewings and most importantly the eventual sale. The pricing structure was very competitive and I felt that they never gave up on me and my little flat. I would definitely do business with them again. Special shout out to Megan who was brilliant. Thanks Housetree ;->

18. 1

E1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Quick response, good value and high quality service. Happy with the service. Will use their service again and recommend to a friend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 1 -star review by ''

Surveys
    Tw13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible service. Emailed to inform of error on. EPC told I need to contact assessor myself even though I booked EPC through Energyperformancecertificates.co.uk assessor has not responded to last request. Shoddy customer service. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

20. View All Comments (1)by Joe  16/04/2014

Hi Leslie, I am very sorry you didn't feel the service to provide your EPC was to the standard you expected, this review site is actually for House Tree which is an online estate agency, so the review might be better placed on Energyperformancecertificates.co.uk review site. Kind Regards, Joe Joe
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

BB3
    Megan Lawrence

I would like to thank Megan at House Tree. From the moment I put in my offer to the day of completion, Megan was very helpful and was always there to answer any questions or requests I had. This made things a lot easier for me and made buying my first home strees free :-) Megan was always very professional, polite and happy to help. It has been a pleasure dealing with Megan over the past two months. Thank so much once again. :-)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

PE19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very comprehensive survey The Agent was very knowledgeable and very interested in his job. Also another good factor in his favour was that he arrived early for the appointment and did not rush the job.

23. 2

sn2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a bit caucious about going with an online agent but the £2.5k saving was too good to turn down. As soon as I had logged on and paid the process started.
    Within 3 days a surveyor came round took photos, wrote really high quality details regarding our house and produced a high quality floor plan with imensions (which so many agents dont do!).
    Within 2 days of the visit it was on rightmove and zoopla, a day later a phonecall for the first viewing, 3 days later 1st offer, 5 days later sold.
    Basically from logging on to seling was just over 2 weeks! Why pay the extra thousands for a local agent who will probaley tell you to put your house up for too much money then slowly decrease to the right amount before you sell, wasting time and money?
    This is the future and if I was a local estate agent I would be looking for a different career!
    Within 5 years 90% of houses will be sold this way!

24. 1

yo15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I decided to go with house tree after waiting a year and a half with another agent to sell my property, best thing iv done, sold within a couple of months, A plus guys.. Dawn.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 1 -star review by ''

Surveys
    SA18
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We had an epc assessment completed by this organisation. The assessment is factually incorrect !!!!!!!! Despite the property meeting all of 2013 building regulations and planning permission via swansea council the epc listed many arears of improvment. Which provided a far lower grading than the property deserved. There is no opetion to answer via email, just a premium rate telephone number. This matter will now result in a complaint to the governing body bre global

What could House Tree do to change your mind??

“TO HAVE LOOKED AT LIGHT BULBS TO SEE THAT THEY ARE ALL ENGERY SAVING, YOU CANT PURCHASE ANYTHING OTHER IN THE UK !!!!!! TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF COMPOSTITE FRONT DOORS, OUR DOOR HAS THE HIGHEST INSULATION VALUE OF ANY EXTERIOR DOOR !!!!!!!!!!! TO READ THE CAVITY WALL INSULTAION CERTIFICATE AND TO UPDATE HIS KNOWLEDGE RE BULIDING REGULATIONS/PLANNING CONDITIONS FOR 2013 SO THAT THE WALL INSULATION WAS GRADED ACCORDINGLY AND CORRECTLY. AND MANY OTHER ISSUES I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME TO LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11”

26. 1

SW16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I chose the HouseTree Option 1, a £399 +VAT upfront payment. They got the property on the major websites quickly and I accepted an offer within 48 hours of it appearing. Saved several thousands compared to a traditional High Street agent. In the internet age it looks like this is the future.

27. 2

B26
    no photo
    Glenn Priestley

We required an estate agent who could manage everything. Glenn and the team at Housetree were brilliant! They clearly explained the whole process and handled it all professionally & efficiently. They even supported us with advice on the purchase of our next house. Couldn't recommend them more - they will save you money, time and take the stress completely away. Thanks Guys!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 1 -star review by ''

sk1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I ordered an EPC and gas safety certificate on the 18th October 2013. The EPC was completed straight away but I'm still waiting for the gas certificate having contacted the company by phone and email. I was promised a call back but no one has. Now I'm left with a tenant moving in and no gas certificate which is illegal. What can I do? Im calling a local gas engineer to see if they can help me......

29. 1

EX36
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We used House Tree to sell our home/small holding/ equestrian centre on Exmoor. Its quirkey, unique in its position and the views are unmatched. We have found using them as very pro-active and a positive and professional approach at altimes. They pushed the sale to the end and kept the Solicitors under pressure to complete the sale. They seem to view a sale as only being complete when the buyer had moved in. We would have not hesitation in recommending them to any seller.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 4 -star review by ''

dy10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I telephoned Housetree to request a viewing of the property and was called back very quickly and an appointment was arranged. This was then followed up by emails confirming my offer and requesting information. Service was efficient

31. 2

TA6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The sale of Bayfield House was rather unusual in that it was a sale by the executor for half of the value and the other half was owned by the three daughters of the deceased. Added to this was the takeover of Housetree part way through the marketing. There were problems with who Housetree contacted, as I live in Cornwall and the house is in Somerset. Instructions were issued initally to contact the daughter living in Bridgewater when a viewing appointment was required. More often than not I was the person contacted initally. However, this was not a major problem. In general the staff were very helpfull, there was once or twice occasions when a younger member of staff failed to contact a perspective buyer, but fortunately this did not affect the outcome at the end of the day. Taking into account all that happened during the sale period, I would recommend Housetree as an online Estate Agent.

Page: