Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Online Estate Agents House Tree 	he UKs national local estate agent

House Tree

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 55 ratings. This website contains 55 user reviews of House Tree.

Contact House Tree

4.16 out of 5.00

• 43 recommend
  • 12 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

8 out of 36
in the BR3 League Tables
3 out of 11
in the Beckenham League Tables
2373 out of 21725
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

Opening Hours

• Fri: 09:00 - 18:00
  • Sat: 09:00 - 17:00
  • Sun: Closed

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)

Areas Covered

National

House Tree has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use House Tree, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 21-Oct-2014 03:35:46

1. 5

A 5-star review by 'Alex' 15/3/2013

James Wilson
    SS2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We found out about housetree after getting a quote and then buying an epc from them. We listed with their option 1 which cost £418. Our house was well presented and listed on rightmove and zoopla, we got feedback from all our viewings and within 4 weeks we had two offers one of which we accepted. We have just completed the sale of our property and all the staff at housetree were extremely helpful and knowledgable even when solicitors needed chasing nothing was too much trouble.

2. 2

A 5-star review by 'Rod Peterboro' 7/4/2013

PE3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service throughout the entire process of selling my property I used the pay up front for conveyancing option and compared to estate agent and solicitors quotes I payed nearly one fifth of the price. Absolutely fantastic in this respect and I dont see how I could have have been much better looked after I would definately use them again and recomend them.

3. 5

A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Wilson' 14/2/2013

pe20
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

House Tree Ltd provided an absolutely incredible service and they are real value for money ... there are no catches! We found the whole experience of selling our property through House Tree Ltd excellent We found all the staff at House Tree Ltd to be extremely professional and caring. When we actually sold our property, Glenn Priestley took over the responsibility of dealing with our sale and he was terrific, the best estate agent we have ever used, keeping us informed of every situation on a regular basis. Glenn was an absolute star and we have nothing but praise for this very kind gentleman. To us, Glenn was the cornerstone of the company and he couldn't do enough for us. Therefore, if you are thinking about using House Tree Ltd, please don't hesitate as they are the best (especially Glenn!).

4. 4

A 5-star review by 'Ben Bloxham' 9/4/2013

cv6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Glenn was a refreshingly honest and professional estate agent. We encountered several set backs before our sale completed and it was reassuring to know that he was always working hard for us. The lady purchasing our property was extremely difficult and had problems with her mortgage, which escalated to a request for further search's at our expense. However Glenn always explained everything fully and was in constant contact with both ourselves and the agents for the property we were purchasing. We have now been moved about 6 months and looking back we do not believe that the move would have completed without the determination of both Glenn and our legal team.

5. 3

A 5-star review by 'Jean Bromley' 3/10/2012

No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We initially contacted Housetree to have the energy certificate done by them as it was a lot cheaper. This was dealt with very promptly and came back very quickly. We then saw that they offered the complete service of advertising, appointment making and including solicitor's fees at what we considered to be a very reasonable rate. The last time that I had sold a property going down the more traditional route had cost over £3,000.00 including solicitor's and estate agent's fees and that was over 7 yrs ago. We decided to take the gamble figuring that the majority of people now use the... (read more)

View All Comments (1)by James  05/10/2012

Jean thank you very much for your time and comments.
  6. 2

A 5-star review by 'Simon' 1/7/2014

Joe Murrock, Lucy Guerin
    mk5
    Sold Price
    £178000

Joe MurrockLucy Guerin

A superb service provided by this agent. I was highly dubious about using an on-line Estate Agent but the staff members I dealt with were professional, friendly and patient. I felt that they represented my interests perfectly.

This is the third property I have sold, the previous two being through traditional agents and I can honestly say that house tree were the best. My property went "live" on the Tuesday and was sold on Thursday. All the buyers they sent round were serious potential buyers.

I would definitely use them again if I need an estate agent and recommend them 100%. If you are uncertain (like I was) give them a try, you have nothing to lose and thousands of pounds to save.

7. A 5-star review by 'The scotts' 1/7/2014

Megan Lawrence, Tom Harrington
    PE22

Megan LawrenceTom Harrington

Such an amazing team, nothing was too much trouble and without the large fee that lots of estate agents charge.
    I would RECOMEND them to anyone.

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jacqui' 13/5/2014

SS14

Megan Lawrence

Megan provided an excellent service and without her help I would still be trying to chase solicitors to exchange contract.

I have no hesitation in recommending them, the fact that they were not local to the property I brought was not a problem at all. Megan provided a first class service throughout the whole process, nothing was to much trouble.

9. 3

A 5-star review by 'ImranHarrow' 21/4/2014

HA2

Megan LawrenceJoe Murrock

Having been a little apprehensive about using an online estate agent, I can honestly say that this has been a wonderful first time experience and I doubt very much if I will be returning to using high street agents. The experience was enhance by the excellent communication from Megan and Joe, who arranged the viewings efficiently and informed me of any cancellations.

I save thousands in commission hence I would have no hesitation in recommending this agent to all who are contemplating an alternative to high street agents.

10. A 5-star review by 'yes' 10/4/2014

Megan Lawrence, Lucy Guerin
    DH2

Megan LawrenceLucy Guerin

Easy to use and saved over 50% of the cost of a high street agent.
    Good photos on website.Will certainly use housetree again.

11. 1

A 5-star review by 'Chris' 10/4/2014

Pe22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We heard about HOUSE TREE on radio, and thought it sounded too good to be true , but it really is true it is an amazing service and so reasonably priced, we could have paid £3500 to a local estate agent but instead we paid only ........... £350 , we can not fault the service from the team.
    we dealt mostly with Megan Lawrence , nothing was ever too much trouble, if there was something I wasn't happy (change of wording on our house detail for example ) with she sorted it out straight away. Why oh hey would you use someone else and pay them thousands when you can use HOUSE TREE and get it one for hundreds

GIVE THEM A GO

12. 3

A 5-star review by 'Michael' 25/3/2014

B60

Megan LawrenceJoe Murrock

A fantastic company and great value for money.

Considerably cheaper than 'local' estate agents and from our experience with other people within our chain offer a more pleasant experience without the aggressive percentage commission based approach that traditional estate agents use.

I would strongly recommend their services as it was a joy, right from the clear options on their website with clear costs set out, through getting the EPC and advertisement organised, to liaising through the whole sales process.

13. 1

A 5-star review by 'Olivia' 7/3/2014

L17

Megan LawrenceJoe Murrock

My flat in Liverpool was on the market with Housetree for a long time due to the poor market conditions, and over that time the business saw some changes, but throughout the team at Housetree were really friendly and professional. I got plenty of viewings and most importantly the eventual sale. The pricing structure was very competitive and I felt that they never gave up on me and my little flat. I would definitely do business with them again. Special shout out to Megan who was brilliant. Thanks Housetree ;->

14. A 5-star review by 'Dave' 3/3/2014

E1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Quick response, good value and high quality service. Happy with the service. Will use their service again and recommend to a friend.

15. A 1-star review by 'Leslie' 25/1/2014

Tw13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible service. Emailed to inform of error on. EPC told I need to contact assessor myself even though I booked EPC through Energyperformancecertificates.co.uk assessor has not responded to last request. Shoddy customer service. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Joe  16/04/2014

Hi Leslie, I am very sorry you didn't feel the service to provide your EPC was to the standard you expected, this review site is actually for House Tree which is an online estate agency, so the review might be better placed on Energyperformancecertificates.co.uk review site. Kind Regards, Joe Joe
  16. A 5-star review by 'Rachel Conway' 17/1/2014

BB3

Megan Lawrence

I would like to thank Megan at House Tree. From the moment I put in my offer to the day of completion, Megan was very helpful and was always there to answer any questions or requests I had. This made things a lot easier for me and made buying my first home strees free :-) Megan was always very professional, polite and happy to help. It has been a pleasure dealing with Megan over the past two months. Thank so much once again. :-)

17. A 5-star review by 'Peter Norman' 16/1/2014

PE19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very comprehensive survey The Agent was very knowledgeable and very interested in his job. Also another good factor in his favour was that he arrived early for the appointment and did not rush the job.

18. 1

A 5-star review by 'A Rumens' 14/1/2014

sn2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a bit caucious about going with an online agent but the £2.5k saving was too good to turn down. As soon as I had logged on and paid the process started.
    Within 3 days a surveyor came round took photos, wrote really high quality details regarding our house and produced a high quality floor plan with imensions (which so many agents dont do!).
    Within 2 days of the visit it was on rightmove and zoopla, a day later a phonecall for the first viewing, 3 days later 1st offer, 5 days later sold.
    Basically from logging on to seling was just over 2 weeks! Why pay the extra thousands for a local agent who will probaley tell you to put your house up for too much money then slowly decrease to the right amount before you sell, wasting time and money?
    This is the future and if I was a local estate agent I would be looking for a different career!
    Within 5 years 90% of houses will be sold this way!

19. A 5-star review by 'Dawn' 10/1/2014

yo15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I decided to go with house tree after waiting a year and a half with another agent to sell my property, best thing iv done, sold within a couple of months, A plus guys.. Dawn.

20. A 1-star review by 'FURNISS' 21/12/2013

SA18
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We had an epc assessment completed by this organisation. The assessment is factually incorrect !!!!!!!! Despite the property meeting all of 2013 building regulations and planning permission via swansea council the epc listed many arears of improvment. Which provided a far lower grading than the property deserved. There is no opetion to answer via email, just a premium rate telephone number. This matter will now result in a complaint to the governing body bre global

What could House Tree do to change your mind??

“TO HAVE LOOKED AT LIGHT BULBS TO SEE THAT THEY ARE ALL ENGERY SAVING, YOU CANT PURCHASE ANYTHING OTHER IN THE UK !!!!!! TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF COMPOSTITE FRONT DOORS, OUR DOOR HAS THE HIGHEST INSULATION VALUE OF ANY EXTERIOR DOOR !!!!!!!!!!! TO READ THE CAVITY WALL INSULTAION CERTIFICATE AND TO UPDATE HIS KNOWLEDGE RE BULIDING REGULATIONS/PLANNING CONDITIONS FOR 2013 SO THAT THE WALL INSULATION WAS GRADED ACCORDINGLY AND CORRECTLY. AND MANY OTHER ISSUES I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME TO LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11”

21. A 4-star review by 'Keith' 27/11/2013

SW16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I chose the HouseTree Option 1, a £399 +VAT upfront payment. They got the property on the major websites quickly and I accepted an offer within 48 hours of it appearing. Saved several thousands compared to a traditional High Street agent. In the internet age it looks like this is the future.

22. 1

A 5-star review by 'Spencer Williams' 19/11/2013

B26

Glenn Priestley

We required an estate agent who could manage everything. Glenn and the team at Housetree were brilliant! They clearly explained the whole process and handled it all professionally & efficiently. They even supported us with advice on the purchase of our next house. Couldn't recommend them more - they will save you money, time and take the stress completely away. Thanks Guys!!

23. A 1-star review by 'Irritated' 5/11/2013

sk1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I ordered an EPC and gas safety certificate on the 18th October 2013. The EPC was completed straight away but I'm still waiting for the gas certificate having contacted the company by phone and email. I was promised a call back but no one has. Now I'm left with a tenant moving in and no gas certificate which is illegal. What can I do? Im calling a local gas engineer to see if they can help me......

24. A 5-star review by 'DAVID EVANS' 1/11/2013

EX36
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We used House Tree to sell our home/small holding/ equestrian centre on Exmoor. Its quirkey, unique in its position and the views are unmatched. We have found using them as very pro-active and a positive and professional approach at altimes. They pushed the sale to the end and kept the Solicitors under pressure to complete the sale. They seem to view a sale as only being complete when the buyer had moved in. We would have not hesitation in recommending them to any seller.

25. A 4-star review by 'joy sutton' 1/11/2013

dy10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I telephoned Housetree to request a viewing of the property and was called back very quickly and an appointment was arranged. This was then followed up by emails confirming my offer and requesting information. Service was efficient

26. 1

A 4-star review by 'Bayfield House' 17/9/2013

TA6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The sale of Bayfield House was rather unusual in that it was a sale by the executor for half of the value and the other half was owned by the three daughters of the deceased. Added to this was the takeover of Housetree part way through the marketing. There were problems with who Housetree contacted, as I live in Cornwall and the house is in Somerset. Instructions were issued initally to contact the daughter living in Bridgewater when a viewing appointment was required. More often than not I was the person contacted initally. However, this was not a major problem. In general the staff were very helpfull, there was once or twice occasions when a younger member of staff failed to contact a perspective buyer, but fortunately this did not affect the outcome at the end of the day. Taking into account all that happened during the sale period, I would recommend Housetree as an online Estate Agent.

27. A 5-star review by 'Dorothy' 17/9/2013

N8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent quickly came back to me and made an appointment. He turned up on time, completed the necessary work quickly and the I was able to download the report the next day.

28. A 5-star review by 'Roger' 12/9/2013

KT3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent made a visit quickly, she arrived on time and was quick but thorough and pleasant to deal with. The EPC report was available within the day.

29. 2

A 4-star review by 'Phil Blint' 28/6/2013

WV4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Surveyor was very helpful. He understood that the certificate was necessary after installation of a 2kw Solar panel system and that a D rating was required so that maximum Feed in Tariff could be claimed.
    He worked with me by suggesting improvements that could be made to ensure a D rating could be achieved.
    Other surveyors would not have taken the time or trouble to ensure a D rating was achieved. In my opinion, the surveyor went above and beyond what was expected.
    I am encouraged enough to use Wesold in the future

30. 3

A 5-star review by 'Simon Mackenzie' 13/6/2013

rm16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was looking for a quick sale so thought I'd try House Tree. Since it would cost me less than a usual agent I thought by reducing the price of the property - effectively passing on my saving would make the property more attractive. This proved correct and after 3 months and multiple views a buyer emerged. I had previously marketed my property with a local agent but that led to very little interest and so proves using a web based works. I was kept well informed throughout the process and always felt in control so would totally recommend House tree as an effective agent.

31. 2

A 5-star review by 'Rachel' 22/4/2013

ME20

Glen Priestley

We sold our property through House Tree in February after a long fight againt the recession. We waited patiently until we got the price we needed & fingers crossed everything should come to fruition soon. As we were biding our time we were quite happy to be left alone - we welcomed an agent that wasn't on the phone every week trying to encourage a price reduction. After a few months however, this relaxed attitude seemed to become one more of disinterest. We had resigned ourselves to the idea of never moving & never hearing from our agent. Then Glenn Priestley arrived & all that... (read more)

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2)
    View All Comments (2)by House Tree  07/05/2013

Hi Rachel, Many thanks for your positive review. I am happy that you were so pleased with Glen's service, although a little disappointed that this may not have been the case with others. You will be pleased to know that House Tree is under new management and back up and running as usual. We have continued to market all properties that had signed up with House Tree and property sales are going through on a daily basis. We wish you all the happiness in your new home...glad you think online estate agents are the future...we think so too :) House Tree
  32. A 2-star review by 'Jude' 14/4/2013

bb12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Appear to have gone into liquidation.. Accounts may be taken over by another company though I expect that will only be direct debit clients as there no incentive to take paid up front companies..

I suspect this market is too full already and with no income other than listings its a hard balance to keep undercutting the market leaders

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by House Tree  07/05/2013

Hi Jude, House Tree is back up and running under new management. You will be glad to know that we will continue to market all properties that have signed up with House Tree, not just those that are on Direct Debit. If your property is currently being marketed with us and you would like to discuss the marketing further feel free to give us a call on 0207 060 4674. Kind regards, Tom Harrington House Tree
  33. 7

A 1-star review by 'Mrs J Bourne' 11/4/2013

DA14

Hi folks.

Not good news. I have been advised that Housetree has been put into administration.

The administrator should be in touch with each client shortly to let you know the position. It is hoped that another online estate agent will be taking over the running of the company at some point - tomorrow (12/4/13)..

I have also been advised to cancel my direct debit I set up with Housetree as soon as possible. :'(

I'm not sure how I'm feeling at the moment .... I think "numb" is the word..

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (19)
    View All Comments (19)by RobC  11/04/2013

Thanks for the info its more I've been given. I'm already £750 down. I'll be filing a complaint with my MP about Ltd companies as its not the directors first failed venture looking at companies house. Who protects the consumer?
  34. 1

A 1-star review by 'RobC' 11/4/2013

PR9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

***WARNING - do not use this company***

Where to start with this company. All seemed to be going OK with them until I handed over my money (£750) and got my house listed on Rightmove. I then had multiple problems with the service from them and had to chase them on everything. Viewed a property in Birkdale a second time and was not rung for a followup call for a week. Our offer was accepted but found out a few weeks later on Rightmove that the same property was now 'sold STC'. So alarm bells were ringing given we were kept out the loop.

Following various emails back and forth... (read more)

What could House Tree do to change your mind??

“Give me my money back and an apology. I have a wife who\'s just become pregnant and we need to move. They have misled and stolen from us. Feel very let downdown”

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (5)
    View All Comments (5)by JayB  11/04/2013

RobC - sorry to have to advise you (and every other victim), but following some further investigation work, I have since learn't that Housetree has gone into administration. I have just written another review with the advice I was given which was to cancel any direct debit you have with your bank, to remove your For Sale Board if you have one, and to wait to hear from the administrator. I was also advised that another on line estate agent is being sought, to take over the existing business possibly by tomorrow (Friday 12/4). I had two offers on my property which were at a crucial stage in finalising a deal before the phones went down this week. NUMB!
  35. 1

A 1-star review by 'Mrs J Bourne' 10/4/2013

DA14
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am very concerned that despite numerous phone calls to Housetree all this week - I am constantly receiving a recorded message advising that their offices are closed and will re-open at 9am the following morning. I am at a crucial stage of finalising an offer on my property and have no way of contacting either the agents, nor the prospective buyer. I have had 2 couples knock at my door advising that they too are having difficulty in contacting Housetree, after taking the contact details from the For Sale board sign, they erected 2 weeks ago at my property. I fear I am going to lose the offer now. Feeling extremely frustrated.

Is anyone else experiencing the same difficulties as I am? Has the Company gone into liquidation?

What could House Tree do to change your mind??

“I\'d like a phone call from them advising me what is happening?!!”

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (4)
    View All Comments (4)by kbutts  11/04/2013

hi i am reciveing the same problems with house tree.apart from this week every time u rang someone would answer all this week thou nothing.aint looking good is it.
Page: