Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 420 ratings. This website contains 417 user reviews of Haart.

Offices / Branches

• 245 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Haart has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 06-Mar-2015 14:06:12

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 14)

1. 3

Branch:
    33 Riverside Walk (Thetford) (Suffolk)
    Ip5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Working with Haart has put me off renting in totality. Both Vanessa and Lara had to be constantly chased, promises were made and never delivered upon. As a manager Lara never bothered or had the decency to respond to my email. Apparently by being honest tenants who have paid a lot of money to improve the property means you are taken for granted and constantly messed around. You leave messages and calls are never returned, five months later I am still waiting for stuff to be fixed and when it does get fixed its sloppy and below stand! I can not wait to finish this lease!

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Both of them can try treating their customers with some respect and not treating them like an inconvenience. Start returning calls, emails and deliver on your promises! Act in the best interest of the tenant well as the land lord and start treating your clients with some dignity and respect!”

2. 2

Branch:
    18-20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    RG12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have received a shockingly bad service for the past three years from Spicehaarts Colchester, in every aspect of service. To top it off I have recently left the property to be told the landlord didn't want a final inspection, despite me pushing for an inspection they said he didn't want one and therefore would have ten days to inform of any issues, 20 days have past and they tell me I can't have my deposit back yet as the landlord has a couple of issues, even though he hasn't reported the issues yet or reported them within the ten days, Spicehaarts will not release my deposit. This company is a joke.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“The maintenance team never phone you back or tell you to ring back tomorrow when you have water pouring through your ceiling. The whole company has communication issues, they dont speak to each other let alone to you. It would be good if they could stick to their word and give me my deposit back.”

3. 4

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    35-37 Chase Side (Southgate) (London) (Greater London)
    N14
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I had a similar experience to the first reviewer. Once the sale was through, my issues were of no concern at all to Haart. We were left without keys to access parts of our property on moving day and had to get a locksmith in to help us. Also had to pay delivery firm extra for waiting around. The agency assured us our requests for repairs to the property had been done before completion, we found out to our disgust that they weren't, including unsafely installed appliances. After numerous phonecalls and emails to open up communication directly or indirectly with the vendor (we have an NHBC... (read more)

4. 5

Branch:
    18-20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    co5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In what Capacity did you use the - It says Sold a property using them. that should read they are unable to sell property
    after signing 20wk contract they took over 2 weeks to get the advert displayed as we wanted it photos epc etc
    prommised to do all viewings ( but have attended none )
    only had 4-5 viewings in the 15 weeks we have been on the market
    They assured us they would have no problem selling our not standard and bespoke property (HaHa)
    Never get any feed back from them have to chase arround after info (hink we have done more work, phone calls than them

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They could doe some of the things they prommised when they signed us up”

5. 2

Branch:
    17 Clapham Common Southside (Clapham) (London) (Greater London)
    SW12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely awful. The staff are rude and uncommunicative. They also don't consider it their responsibility to handle issues with vermin as the vast majority of other companies do - avoid.

6. 1

Branch:
    10-12 Wellington Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    LU4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Awful service from the property management team. The branch staff are fantastic however landlords have very little contact with them as the property is managed by a central management team. I had unauthorised visits to my property by contractors who carried out unauthorised work and then billed me! I was constantly chasing Haarts for late rental payments, maintenance issues etc. My tenants where constantly informed " we can not get in contact with the landlord" despite having several methods of getting incontact with me. I was constantly told "we can not get incontact with the tenants". I would not recommend Haarts in any shape or form. Please do not make the same mistake i did. Haarts agents are very good at apologising however the same blunders are repeated again and again. For your sanity, peace of mind and welfare do not use this agent.

7. 3

Branch:
    39 Mutley Plain (Plymouth) (Devon)
    pl4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

By far the very worst service I have ever received from any provider. Left our family in danger with a caved in ceiling and water pouring into plug sockets for four months. The damp was so severe we couldn't use one of the bedrooms and there was mould growing from our clothes. We tried all informal (dozens of emails and phonecalls) and formal (letters, with photos of the damage to the ceiling and walls) routes of complaint. Absolutely nothing was done and our letters to the the regional director and managing director were completely ignored.
    We moved into a furnished property. when the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  8. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10-12 Wellington Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Tom Barker
    LU2
    Tom Barker

I was at my solicitors signing for a house I purchased through haarts, while I was at the solicitors to exchange contracts on Friday night, haarts phoned my solicitor and said no way can we sell this property to me because we have received a higher offer which I matched but still they would not allow me to purchase the house. The property was a repossessed house I was purchasing. I lost the house that I paid solicitors fees for and all other fees for the purchase. Two weeks later I see the property in the paper which was for sale again with another estate agent for a much higher price. It... (read more)

“Been Honest”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Esta Wilson
    Se25
    Esta Wilson

I'm extremely pleased with the service that Haart provided. The staff were so helpful and assisted quickly and efficiently with our every need. Communication was excellent and the service from staff was ever so polite and friendly. Unfortunately due to family reasons we were unable to go ahead with the sale of our flat but will definitely be using Haart in the future when we are ready to sell.
    Many thanks to the team at Haart in Crystal Palace. It was an absolute pleasure.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Esta Wilson, Pamela Douglas
    SE19
    Esta WilsonPamela Douglas

Esta Wilson was professional and friendly, she always dealt with any of our queries quickly and effiiciently, and always served with a smile (even on the phone you could tell she was smiling!). After we got our buyer, our case was handed to Pamela Douglas, who was initially at Thornton Heath, but moved to Crystal Palace. She was tireless in her efforts to chase up the chain constantly, because there were so many different issues that needed addressing, which the solicitors seemed to leave to her at one point!
    We have now exchanged, thankfully, and look forward to moving at the end of the month. I know estate agents have a bad name generally speaking, but the Crystal Palace Team under Esta's leadership comes up trump!
    Thank you Esta, thank you Pam, thank you team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

12. 1

Branch:
    42 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    HA0

Hi,

I rented a property with Haart in Feb 2012. They gave me the property totally trashed. It didnt have water, bathroom didnt have a door, the carpets smelled like dead rats, the lights didnt work, all the wirings were exposed, the windows and curtains were covered in mould, the stove didn't work. I had to pay to rent at two places simultaneously since I couldnt live here.
    Haart have just ignored all my calls so far to get anything fixed. They however do not have any shame in charging me rent every month without fail. It took them 9 months to fix my stove. At the end of the contract I asked for a 2 year renewal as I was in very good terms with my neighbours and Haart said it has been done. 4 months into the new contract, I get a letter to vacate. Now that I try to vacate immediately, they want me to stay the 2 months and pay 2 months rent. I have lost another property due to this.
    Please use Haart at your own peril. They are the worst estate agents in the UK.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“1) The agent could have made maintenance fixes once on 3 months at least. 2) They should have only given the keys to the property making sure it had water, doors, wirings done properly 3) They should have let the tenant know that the contract has been renewed even though they said it was 4) Its just cheap to ask someone to leave and then make them stay back to pay rent for 2 months.”

13. 1

Branch:
    16 - 18 Upper Parliament Square (City Centre) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Marc West, Thomas Davis
    NG5
    Marc WestThomas Davis

I am a Landlord that used Harrt to rent three Properties, They rented two Houses , However I had
    Problems with the Senior Management, they Will sit on the fence and Lie to both Tenant and Landlord to make them look good and once cornered by the both they realised that they was in the wrong but, Instead of being respectfully enough they carried on to Lie and to both Parties Not realising that both Parties can talk and at the end of the day they are the agent. After Getting Calls off the Tenant and telling me how poorly they have been treated I contacted they.
    IN A NUT SHELL IF YOU ARE A LANDLORD I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO AVOID HARRTS WITH A AND IF YOU WANT YOUR PROPERTY TO BE LOOKED AFTER AND RENTED TRY ANOTHER AGENT.

14. 6

Tim Buckley

I marketed my property with a popular Ruislip agent for almost 8 weeks, having seen a few offers fall though all of which were under the asking price I decided to duel market my property with Haart Ruislip. Tim Buckley the manager of Haart gave me some valuable advise on how to improve my chances of selling my property quickly and at asking price and after only 3 days of being on the market with Tim my property was successfully sold for full asking price. Tim then managed the sales process through an 8 week completion. Tim is an excellent estate agent who delivered a great service.

15. 6

Branch:
    103 - 105 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Tim Holland, Sandra Barnett
    SE22
    Tim HollandSandra Barnett

I sold a place through another agent (excellent) and bought a place through Haart (shocking). The contrast between them was phenomenal and I would subsequently recommend to anyone that they AVOID Haart at all costs.

They were uncommunicative, unpleasant and in my mind, unprofessional. Sandra would simply not return calls for a few days at a time. They told me one thing and would then tell me another.

Their attitude was not conciliatory and quite frankly a found them somewhat dishonest. DEALING WITH HAART WAS ONE OF THE MOST UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCES IN MY LIFE.

16. 1

Branch:
    30 Queens Street (Maidenhead) (Slough) (Berkshire)
    SL2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

2. When looking for tenants to replace us, they did not give us notice about viewings. They just show up at the property without any notice. They often asked us to show the potential tenants around but it is not our responsibility. When letting us know about a viewing, they text 30 minutes before the viewing "just checking that we have confirmed the viewing at 10" knowing that you had never informed us before.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“1. We had to chase them to get our deposit back after giving them our account details. 2. When looking for tenants to replace us, they did not give us notice about viewings. They just show up at the property without any notice. They often asked us to show the potential tenants around but it is not our responsibility. When letting us know about a viewing, they text 30 minutes before the viewing \"just checking that we have confirmed the viewing at 10\" knowing that you had never informed us before. 3. When moving into the property we paid Hart to collect our references. However, after filling in the forms no one bothered to contact our references and then it was left too late. We had to arrange for everyone to send their references in when it is not our responsibility. As I was on a temporary contract we could then only sign for 6 months (when we wanted a year) as there was apparently too late to get a guarantor (I had already told them I was on a 1 year work contract) and had to pay a contract renewal fee.”

17. 4

Branch:
    19 The Broadway Mill Road (Cambridge) (Cambridgeshire)
    CB1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

An utter disgrace. They treat tenants with contempt and landlords with indifference. Incapable of (or unwilling to) organise even the most basic tasks that form the basis of their job such as check-in, inventory, and minor maintenance. Avoid Haart Mill Road at all costs.

18. 6

Branch:
    34a High Street (Hucknall) (Nottinghamshire)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Ng15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolute terrible mistake with signing a 20week selling agreement with the haart hucknall branch!!! Strongly advised you look elsewhere!

1. Poor communication - no feedback from viewings unless chased
    2. Unhelpful staff - nobody able to help with enquiries
    3. Over valued our property
    4. Told us to unaccept a reasonable offer in order to gain more which the surveyor did not agree with, this lead to the collapse of the sale due to poor negotiating and poor communication!!! Then we were told by the staff that it was our fault that it had happened!!

5. Most staff are unfriendly and i found walking into the branch uncomfortable.
    6. They relayed incorrect information onto potential buyers i.e incorrect amount of bedrooms etc
    7. They were never avaliable to do any viewings for us!

Overall irate this branch no stars! Unhelpful and a big waste of our time!

Only happy about the amount of properties they have on their books instead of providing an excellent service!

They are expensive and your only paying for the name! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

19. 5

Branch:
    10 - 12 Wellington Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    Gareth Batchelor
    LU1
    Gareth Batchelor

Very poor, everything wrong that could possibly go wrong did. They only care about profits and are very unhelpful. Lied a lot regarding details

20. 6

Tim Buckley

We asked Haart to value our property.  When Tim Buckley, the manager, arrived we were immediately impressed by his incredible knowledge of the area and his professionalism.
    There was no question that Haart were the ones to deal with the sale of our house.  Within 48 hours of our instructions we had 3 good offers.  Tim and his team worked incredibly hard to inform any suitable clients from their mailing lists and this paid off.
    We have just exchanged on our sale and would like to say to Tim and all the team, thank you, for a great job. If you want an agent who really knows and loves Ruislip and the surrounding areas then Tim at Haart is your man!

21. 4

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    34a High Street (Hucknall) (Nottinghamshire)
    Ng6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would not recommend Haart to anyone after the service I received. I sold a shared ownership property with them and they were terrible. They let me down on many occasions and I received minimal contact. They blamed me for things that were out of my control and did not pass over correct information. My soliciter and they buyers soliciter did not get the correct information sent over and I got the blame. They lied about making phone calls to them and myself and when I questioned this they said they have all calls on record.
    So not worth the 2k, would have been better and cheaper selling myself.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“More contact, being truthful. Getting there information correct and passing it over to the relevant party ASAP”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

23. 3

Branch:
    11 High Street (Shepperton) (Surrey)
    Pam Walker
    KT12
    Pam Walker

i have rented propert through HAART for 2 and half year, they are very expensive and charge for every small letter or change in contract, after we paid 140 pound for renewal of contract they sent us a letter in 2 months to leave the propert as land lord want to sell it.
    when we left the property it was in perfect condition just bit wear and tear, land lord said everything is ok with property and we will get out deposit in next few days. when i did not hear from HAART anything back i called them and asked for my deposit they told me then to send them email asking for deposit and which account to transfer, few more days past i asked them where is my deposit they then informed me land lord had asked for 600 pound deduction due to some issues unknow.
    over all very bad management and rude staff very disappointed

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Esta Wilson, Martin Lawes
    SE19
    Esta WilsonMartin Lawes

I have sold and purchased through Esta and her team at Haart Crystal Palace and I am very happy
    with the service and professionalism provided thorughout. They kept me in touch with
    all developments during the viewing stage and continually strived to reach a successful outcome.
    The continual support by Haart during the conveyancing stage was much appreicated.

I have no hesitation in recommending Esta and her team.

25. 1

Branch:
    15 Commercial Road (Swindon) (Wiltshire)
    David Sheridan, jack rogers
    sn2
    David Sheridanjack rogers

david and his wonderful crew sold my house in 3 days,im more than happy with the price that they got me,they kept in touch throughout the whole sale,david also sorted out things with the halifax for me,all in all a superb firm from the first phone call through to the cheque into my hand,
    many many thanks DAVID,JACK,WARREN,& THE YOUNG LADY THAT BROUGHT THE BUYERS ROUND THE HOUSE (sorry this is so late i didnt see it till i was emptying my old emails)

26. 6

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I found Haart Estate Agents in Ruislip a dream to work with. I bought and sold through this branch and the process ran effortlessly. I found the staff extremely co-operative and courteous and had every confidence in them during the buying and selling process. They assisted the purchase/sale by communicating with both parties Solicitors on a regular basis and consistently provided updates to me with any outstanding information required. I shall definitely be using this branch again and would recommend them if you are considering buying or selling your property in the area! 5*

27. 6

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We are very pleased with the service we received from Haart in Ruislip. A property was advertised very close to where we live and we were very lucky to be the first people to get in touch with them to request a viewing. The agents helped us to get the first viewing and we were the first to put an offer. Even though there were four people offering the asking price we got the property. Haart introduced us to Raksa, a financial adviser who very efficiently dealt with our mortgage. The only drawback was that the financial advice was pricy at £1,000. Nevertheless, this made our life much easier as agents and adviser did everything on our behalf. RJ and Tim the manager deserve a special mention for service that ranged between good to exceptional (no other agent has ever opened the door for us!).

28. 5

Branch:
    51/52 High Street (Taunton) (Somerset)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    TA1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is my first time property hunting, but I know bad service when I see it and quite frankly the way Haart have treated me and my partner, I will never use them again.

I called the Haart office in Taunton several weeks back now to view some flats to let. Over the phone I gave them my budget, my requirements, my job title, my partners job title, my current address, email, phone no. etc. We arranged to meet one day in the afternoon after me and my partner finish work.

When me and my partner arrived at the office several days later to attend our pre-arranged viewing they had no idea we... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Haart could have treated us with a little decent respect and acted as though they actually wanted our custom. They should have a communal diary, so that everyone can see who is viewing what when. They should keep a tight record of their customers details. And they should keep each others phone numbers and keep their phones. They should be more polite and focus more on their customer service. They should be more prepared and more organised. And overall more professional.”

29. 2

Branch:
    15 Commercial Road (Swindon) (Wiltshire)
    jack rogers
    sn1
    jack rogers

All the staff were very polite and helpful answering our questions quickly. We received regular updates from David, Warren and Jack who did their very best to get viewers for our property and kept us informed promptly of any feed back. We felt well looked after throughout the sale and were kept well informed. We would whole heartedly recommend them to anyone and have been very very happy with the service they provided. A big thank you to David, Warren and Jack and to all the staff at the branch.

30. 8

Branch:
    73 High Street (Burnham) (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    SL1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Haart have never taken issues to do with fixing problems in the properties they rent out seriously, currently I have been without a working fridge/freezer for one week. They consistently say they will get somebody out "today" and it never happens, you just come up against an insurmountable wall of excuses. There is never anybody to blame with Haart, please don't use their services, they really are the worst, I hope with all my being that their company folds.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They could have been useful when we had problems, instead they are evasive and unconcerned with individual problems.”

31. 6

A 4 -star review by ''

Tim Buckley

The team at Haart Ruislip were friendly and professional to deal with. I never had any difficulties getting through to Tim, which I found reassuring.
    Tim has a very sound knowledge of the local market. He valued our house higher than other estate agents. We initially thought he was being optimistic and so were very pleasantly surprised when we very quickly received an offer for the asking price from a solid buyer whose finances had been checked by Haart.
    Haart were also good at chasing up all the way through to exchange of contracts and completion.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  32. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    76 High Street (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Marita De Morgan
    SL1
    Marita De Morgan

Few words of praise for Marita here, Marita was the sales progresser dealing with the sale of my 2 bed flat.
    Marita really worked hard to move the transaction from offer to exchange and completion.

As usual there were many twists and challenges getting my property sold, Marita really made a difference as it came to the end of the transaction when both parties were trying to exchange & complete, she chased both sides and other parties to gather all the info required while keeping everyone in the loop, she did a great job and definitely made a significant difference in getting the property over the line to completion.