Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Get a Quote

Agent rating: 2.5 out of 5.0 based on 347 ratings. This website contains 344 user reviews of Haart.

Offices / Branches

• 216 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Haart has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 12)

Page last updated on: 31-Jul-2014 18:20:42

1. 4

A 1-star review by 'Kat' 2/8/2012

Branch:
    193 Wokingham Road (Earley) (Berkshire)
    David Brownbill

David Brownbill

I had a few brief chats with David regarding my property that he had seen me advertise on Gumtree. We discussed the packages that he had on offer but that was it. 2 days later I found my property being advertised by them on Right move using my pictures from gumtree. This was done with out my permission or go ahead. Nothing had been discussed about instructing them. I am really annoyed and think that it was totally unprofessional.

2. 7

A 1-star review by 'YoungMan' 29/7/2012

Branch:
    6 Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Since we have moved in I had a few issues, which are highly effected on my bills. I reported all these issues, but the problems were never been fixed.
    I was waiting 3 months to get a key for the cellar where the electricity meter is, I have got an estimated bill for £500 pounds, because I didn't have access to read my meter.
    Before we moved in they called me in every hour to get the money sorted, so to pay the deposit and all the rest, so it seemed that we were very important for them...after we moved in, they just didn't care.
    Unfortunately I can't say any positives about their services.

3. 2

A 5-star review by 'RED' 25/7/2012

Branch:
    55 Westow Hill Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Esta Wilson

Esta Wilson

From start to finish Esta Wilson was professional, friendly, helpful and totally on the ball - but never pushy. In short Esta, you are a STAR and I'd use you again any time.

4. 5

A 1-star review by 'Nicholas Martin' 14/7/2012

Branch:
    18 - 20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Dreadful service all round. Local agent poor but customer service at Colchester about as bad as it could be.
    Have now given them notice. Liz Nelson - all your promises have come to nothing.
    No communication, excessive quotations for works, incorrect inventory reviews, constant changing of contact names, no follow up on rent arrears. Very expensive.
    I haven't got a good word to say about any of them apart from Shirley Gibb who seems to run the Weston office. Her manager, Morgan Wilson seems to be in constant meetings, on leave, or training. Yep well I agree, training is urgently required but over four years I see very little evidence of it doing any good whatsoever.
    What really gets me though is their total inability to communicate. Constant chasing from ourselves and we live in Saudi Arabia! And quotes for repairs by their contractors. A rip off. Haarts seem unaware of what they are meant to be doing with quotations coming back to me that can be double what I eventually ended up paying when organised myself.

5. A 5-star review by 'Debbie Ower' 13/7/2012

Branch:
    29 Paris Street (Exeter) (Devon)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to thank Haart Estate Agents Exeter for their friendly and efficient service that we received from them.
    I have not singled out any one individual because everyone we spoke to was helpful and answered any questions we asked in a highly professional manner. Congratulations to them for selling our property much quicker than we thought possible. Many thanks to all of them.

6. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Jini Sanassy' 11/7/2012

Ricky Bashford, Maxine Kubik

Ricky BashfordMaxine Kubik

I recently sold my flat with Haart of Croydon and I must say Ricky, Maxine and Perry were an absolute pleasure to deal with. The team were effcient, friendly and supportive at all stages of the process. It really does make a difference to have agents with you who are solution orinentated. I felt they were on my side and fighting to get me the very best outcome.

I wouldnt hesitate in ringing Ricky when i sell my next property. In fact i know that i wouldnt trust anyone else.

7. A 5-star review by 'Katie Smith' 4/7/2012

Arran leggett, benjamin ballard

Arran leggettbenjamin ballard

It was my first time renting my property out as a landlord and as a result I was quite nervous and unsure of the process. I dealt with Arun, Ben, Ria and Sylwia all of which were extremely understanding, friendly and helpful and made the whole thing easy from start to finish. I felt Haart listened to me in respect of what kind of tenant would suit the property and I was very happy with the outcome. They were always on hand to answer my questions in a friendly and efficient manner. I also found their rates to be very competitive. I would have no hesitation in recommeding them either as a landlord or tenant,

8. A 5-star review by 'Qaisra Dhillon' 4/7/2012

Sales (as a Buyer)

Perry Rose

Home is where the heart is or shall I say Haart......!
    Something I truly detest in life is wasting the time as it is precious and never returns. When I spoke to Perry and he fixed an appointment for me to meet Lee, I knew that my time will be valued exactly the way I like it. The perception that was shown by these gentlemen of what exactly my family and I needed and /or wanted is impeccable. They found me the home of my dreams with a week. Yes, believe it.........within a week.

Three months later we moved and not a single day goes by without me appreciating their passion and dedication to get you what you want. And everyday when I see my children enjoying the home, where they are going to spend their precious childhood and grow up before their wings will dry, I say a small prayer, "Bless my Haart". With Love.

9. A 4-star review by 'Rahil' 4/7/2012

Arran leggett

Arran leggett

Arran found me a tenant in no time at all and was very helpful in setting up the tenancy. he gave me a very good deal as well which pursuaded me to switch from another estate agency to Haart.

He is definitely an asset to the company.

10. A 5-star review by 'ProspectiveLL' 3/7/2012

Branch:
    130 Union Street (Torquay) (Devon)
    Jodie

Jodie

I called the Torquay office this morning to discuss renting out my property. I was put through to Jodie who was informative and friendly and after a morning of speaking to other agents who were not friendly, imformative or as enthusiastic as Jodie it really was a breath of fresh air!

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'James' 30/6/2012

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Actually appalled by this estate agent. 0 stars. Put an offer in for a house and they added £10000 onto the value of the offer. Use these if you want to be taken advantage of.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“I think that the estate agent in question need to use honesty and integrity. Do not sell or buy a property with these.”

2. 4

A 1-star review by 'ph1l' 27/6/2012

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have in the past purchased properties from Haart and not had any problems, so it was natural to use Haart when i decided to let my property.

We decided to let as we want to explore a new area, before we buy. So we are also renting a property through Haart and can see everything from both sides and through different agents.

As a landlord they are terrible. They have actually proved themselves to be outright liars on multiple occasions.

The property was empty for a while between moving out and the tenants moving in. They didn't do the inventory or gas inspection during this time as... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They agent is bad I would never consider using them again. Ive given them opportunity over and over again to put things right. But then as soon as anything needs doing it goes back to the same old ways.”

3. 5

A 1-star review by 'NotgoodHaart' 26/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Firstly, the viewing of the house was late and we were not informed so we waited outside the house at 9.30am for over half an hour when we had travelled for over 4 hours to get to the viewing. The agent who did the viewing was very nice however we were told on the day of move in that he had actually left the company so all the email enquiries i had sent had basically been ignored.

The agent we were passed onto had never seen the house before and when we got to the house- it was dirty, it had not been cleaned for us at all and the curtain/blinds were hanging off, the cracks and banisters... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Dealt with all the issues as soon as we called them on the day of move in- or even if they had checked the house before we moved in they would have noticed these issues.”

4. 2

A 4-star review by 'phil' 26/6/2012

Branch:
    76 High Street (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Joshua Greenwood, Marita De Morgan

Joshua GreenwoodMarita De Morgan

Haart were one of three estate agents who I had to value my property with a view to selling it. Josh Greenwood was my first point of contact and came to the house to conduct the valuation. All three agents valued the property at the same amount, so I was left with judging who I thought was the most professional, and whom I thought would sell my house for the best price with the least headaches. I chose Josh because of the afore memtioned reasons.
    The house was placed on the market within a few days of our first meeting, and attracted a purchaser during the first weekend of viewings, after... (read more)

5. 3

A 2-star review by 'Denis Phelan' 26/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Even though I used the most expensive agents in Maidenhead, I thought I would get a better service so was happy initially. Getting clients through the door was pretty good but once I accepted an offer all works stopped as far as the agents were concerned. I had to ring constantly, I sent several emails to see what was happening and did not get any response. This was the manager who just dodged any conversations when there were awquard questions to be answered.I treatened to take the property off the market which still did not focus them and then, 3 weeks later, through my solicitors website,... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“When I went with the agent I said I needed phone calls and updates all along the way. Their solicitors were totally inactive as far as progress was concerned. Haart could get different solicitors who are working with them and will keep people up to date. They also need to monitor the solicitors to see they are keeping \'Haart\'s clients\' happy and informed.”

6. 4

A 2-star review by 'Melpomene' 19/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I called several times attempting to make an appointment to view the property. Originally we had an appointment, which was cancelled 30minites beforehand, as they had not managed to contact the current tenant. I rearranged. This appointment was cancelled for the same reason. I rearranged, and called the evening before to confirm that the viewing would go ahead. "Our lettings team is busy at the moment, I just need to speak to my colleague and someone will call you back." No call back, until the next morning, 1hr before the appointment, to cancel the viewing. At least I got an... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“If they had actually had the courtesy to call me when they said they would, or work a little harder to contact the current tenant then I wouldn\'t be so annoyed.”

7. 2

A 1-star review by 'Mrs Anwar' 19/6/2012

Branch:
    141/143 George Lane (South Woodford) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

An overall appalling service from this branch of Haart. We put in an offer for a beautiful flat. We did have a bit of a slow start to kicking off the process but once we got started, we were keen to move in. Constantly we were nagged on a weekly basis from the agent with regards to our progress, if they couldn't get through to us, then they would badger my solicitor. Yet they refused to provide us with details that we required to get the ball rolling until we sent them a mortgage agreement!

We put up with a number of patronising phone calls whereby they always implied that it was our... (read more)

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'Robert D.' 13/6/2012

Jasmine Semhi, Tracey Heyfield

Jasmine SemhiTracey Heyfield

Lease ran from October 2010 to May 2012.
    Never needed to deal with them after move in ... thank god!
    Provided proper notice.
    During the month of May 2012, per terms and conditions they were to provide a detailed explanation of any deductions from deposit. Nothing heard. I initiated. They cited that I had made an unauthorised improvement to the flat by installing some kind of light switch upgrade. Utter nonsense! But that's minor.
    Come 1 June, when deposit is legally required to be returned. NOTHING.
    No email replies. No phone calls returned.
    It is now the 13th June and I have fed every lie in the book. Then even sent some kind of internal document claiming the funds had been transferred. Rubbish.
    I have filed written complaints with TDS, my solicitor, Trading Standards and the press. Hopefully one or more of these organisations can lend a hand.
    IMO Haart are probably not singling me out and likely hold on to deposits routinely. Are there others out here with a similar experience?
    They need to be held accountable.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Refund owed monies on time and not violating the terms of their contract.”

9. 3

A 1-star review by 'Hector' 8/6/2012

John Fawcett

John Fawcett

We moved in and there were lots of pet hair in the house, we had to clean up the house entirely and the landlord let us a silicone pot to fix part of the bath and some taps that were a bit loose. After trying to contact Haart agents in 3 months, they finally came back with a reply, they want to deduct almost 400 GBP of my 1000 GBP deposit for fixing the loose taps that were already loose before we moved in. They are trying to rip us off... but we are not going to allow them. HAART is SHAMEFUL! Please DONT USE HAART for health safety reasons! I am currently (after 3 months) starting a formal complaint procedures. (BTW, before we moved in we had to pay twice the deposit otherwise they did not give us the house keys as the money transfer did not clear it out)

10. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Russell' 1/6/2012

Perry Rose

Haarts have provided us with an excellent service during the selling of our property. They are friendly and helpful and have always been prompt to respond. Maxine is great with viewings, helpful and friendly, Perry is positive and attentive and Rikki has been superb in negoctiating for us and providng excellent advice not only for the sale of our home but also in relating to our prospective purchase. We would highly recommend this team.

1. 6

A 1-star review by 'Unhappy Landlord' 19/5/2012

Branch:
    18 - 20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The property management in Colchester is terrible. They do not return the calls, nor e-mails. No matter how many times I have to call them or write to them for over 2 months. Things have not been resolved. Their answers are: either he is not in or he is not available. One person passed along the issue to another, then it is never resolved.

They do not contact the contractors on behalf on the tenants or landlord. I do not understand why the whole team in Haart Colchester is so laid back. What do they do all day? Eating the sandwiches at their desk & ignore replying to clients? Their... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (2)by haart customer service  31/05/2012

I am very sorry to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations at haart. We pride ourselves on our level of service and take it extremely seriously if we fall short in anyway. I would be extremely grateful if you could email me at talk.to.lettings@haart.co.uk with more details and we will do our utmost to resolve any issues that are outstanding at the earliest opportunity.
  3. 5

A 5-star review by 'Tracey' 15/5/2012

Branch:
    15 Commercial Road (Swindon) (Wiltshire)
    David Sheridan

David Sheridan

Excellent service from beginning to end! Haart kept us updated on a weekly basis and we always felt that they were working hard to get decent viewings on our property and feedback after viewings was always provided. We also felt that they went that extra mile for us, helping to negotiate on the property that we were buying through another Estate Agent. Our property was on the market for a while and during the time we used several estate agents - when comparing them Haart was in a different league and we never felt that they had lost interest in trying to sell our house. Would definately reccomend.

4. A 5-star review by 'Rebecca' 14/5/2012

, Maxine Kubik

Maxine Kubik

I found all the staff at this branch to be very professional and efficent, with a friendly and positive attitude. Communication has been outstanding and they were able to work round our busy lifestyles. When showing our property to potential buyers they gave them all the details about the house and area they could possibly need and took an active role in selling our property. Our property had been on the market for 5 months but after switching to Haart it was sold within 2 weekends of viewing. They were able to take the stress out of selling our property and I would highly recommend them.

5. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Mark Essex' 11/5/2012

Sales (as a Buyer)
    James Robinson
    SL6

James Robinson

I dealt with James at Haart in Maidenhead over the course of 8 months due to the protracted purchase of my new property. As is usual with certain purchases, the course does not always run smooth and there were issues below me in the chain that meant 1 or 2 drop outs. Haart, and James in particular, took ownership of the problems and actively managed and overcame issues as they arose. He stayed on top of the whole process, made regular and numerous calls to all parties to keep the chain of communication going (even whilst on holiday in Tenerife he was still sending e-mail updates)! Overall I can highly recommend the service I received - the fees all agents charge are not inconsequential therefore I believe it is important to at least get the best value for money you can and I have no regrets in choosing Haart in Maidenhead to sell my property and would use them again. I work in a service industry and provide high levels of service to my customers and therefore expect the same and on this occasion I was lucky enough to have received it! Mark

6. A 5-star review by 'Robert & Esther Thomas' 9/5/2012

Ricky Bashford

all the staff were pro active and responsive to our requirements. Very impressed with the marketing products offered and the level lof service given. We would strongly recommend Haart Croydon to anyone looking to sell there property.

7. A 5-star review by 'Katherine' 9/5/2012

Branch:
    55 Westow Hill Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would just like to say how impressed I am with the haart crystal palace branch, they were able to get me a buyer within 3 viewings and get me a fantastic price. They always return my calls and keep me updated, and work pretty long hours, the manager was so passionate about my property and made sure her team all came to view. I would recommend haart to anyone wanting to sell.

8. 8

A 1-star review by 'gazman321' 6/5/2012

Branch:
    141143 George Lane (South Woodford) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was in a rented property managed by Haart for 2 years, at first, when managed by local branches all was great, then Haart moved to the property management centre in Colchester and thats when it all went downhill. problems never fixed or took ages to fix, numerous unreturned phone calls. I gave six weeks notice that I wasn't going to renew tenancy, but I had to ring up everyday for 7 days to get a checkout appointment agreed. 11 days after moving out and probably 20 phone calls I'm still waiting for the return of my deposit, even though Haart say the check out inventory is fine and they can't see any issues. Avoid at all costs, unless you want to be chasing them all the time.

9. A 5-star review by 'Patricia' 26/4/2012

Ricky Bashford

Although the sale of my house hasn't been completely finalised i wanted to leave a review to say how fantastic the staff at Haart in the South Croydon office have been. They have organised loads of viewings, have answered my numerous phone calls in a courteous manner and kept me updated with feedback from viewings. They were, to my knowledge, one of the few agents who were open on the Easter Bank Holidays, a time when many of us who work would like to view properties. Calls are answered until late in the evening which is also helpful if you are unable to make calls Mon - Fri 9-5. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone wanting to put their property up for sale.

10. 3

A 1-star review by 'Stuart Grenville-Price' 25/4/2012

Branch:
    16 - 18 Upper Parliament Square (City Centre) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    Gagan Korpal, Thomas Davies

Gagan KorpalThomas Davies

Having commissioned Haarts to find me a tenant who was not on benefits I was delighted when they told me they had a tenant waiting on their books who was on maternity leave (infer working) I was dismayed to find out that they had placed the tenant and her partner and 2 year old daughter in my property for three days before I could check employment history, fianacial references and guarantor details and three days before I signed the Shorthold tenancy Agreement. It turns out the employment details were never given to me, the proof of occupation was an invoice for a job dropping off scrap... (read more)

11. 6

A 1-star review by 'AYEWA' 13/4/2012

Branch:
    277279 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely appalling service both from local agent and subsequently from property management. Verbally agreed the tenancy and at no point did they mention that their fees were nearly £500 for the privilege (most local agents closer to £200 and frankly even this is a rip off for a brief viewing and a generic contract.) I threatened to pull out on grounds they had not been upfront about this and miraculously fees got dropped to £200. Absolutely no justification for the higher price except that they will try it to see if they can get away with it and it appears they usually do.
    Now in the... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Not do any of the things described above, be honest and deal with problems in an efficent and timely manner”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review