FREE Valuation

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 430 ratings. This website contains 427 user reviews of Haart.

• Haart has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 251 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Page last updated on: 25-May-2015 04:51:41

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 15)

1. 6

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I feel I have to take the time to say a big thank you to the team at haart of Ruislip for all the work they put in to selling my maisonette. I had found my new home and was really under pressure to get my maisonette sold to make the chain work. I had struggled with other local agents and turned to haart following a recommendation from a friend. I wish I had done it earlier. The whole experience has taught me that after selecting an estate agent based of fee alone, you really do get what you pay forget what you pay for.

Kind Regards

Mr Price

2. 6

Would you use the agent again? Yes

For your records I cannot praise Tim and RJ enough for the help and extra mile you both went on my behalf to get the flat purchase completed. It was undoubtedly with your help that we were able to chase, prod, and push the sellers solicitor to get his side of the work completed. You were at all times friendly, helpful and ready to give advise and do follow up calls as required to help us. Again many thanks and I unreservedly would recommend you and your company to other buyers and sellers.

3. 7

Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the moment I started dealing with Haart I realised they offered so much more than the ‘average' estate agent. Not only did they achieve the price I wanted for my property, but they did it quickly. The post sales service was excellent, everyone in the team was happy to chase things along for me which speeded up completion, preventing unnecessary stress.

4. 7

Tim Buckley
    HA5
    Tim Buckley

Two years ago my husband and I bought a flat through Haart and in particular Tim Buckley. This was our first dealing with Haart and indeed any estate agent. A year later we sold the flat, also through Haart and made another purchase, a small house. We made the mistake of selling the small house through another agent but again purchased through Haart. It goes without saying that commission payments are painful and so we chose an agent who has a lower fee. This was a huge mistake which was highlighted as inadequate even further when we made our most recent purchase through Haart and were... (read more)

5. 2

Branch:
    29 High Street (Bracknell) (Berkshire)
    Sam
    RG42
    Sam

Absolutely disgusted by Haarts service. Was booked in for a viewing, had to take time off work to attend and 15 mins later no one had showed. Called the branch to be told that "Sam" was waiting inside the house for me. I therefore knocked on the door to a surprised owner who advised that Sam had left at 45 mins ago. On calling Haart to find out what was going on and to why i had been told he was inside,i did speak to a girl who seemed to be helpful and put me on hold while calling the branch manager. Then i was advised i would be called back in 10 mins. To which i waited and she... (read more)

6. 6

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Can honestly say it was not an easy transaction but helped enormously by the team at Haart
    RJ with his endless enthusiasm really encouraging throughout the whole process
    Dealt with honesty at all times, and information delivered in a straightforward manner
    Thanks to all the team, great estate agents, thoroughly recommended

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15 Commercial Road (Swindon) (Wiltshire)
    David Sheridan
    SN5
    David Sheridan

The service we received was excellent. They sold our house in 3 weeks and then when through no fault of theirs the sale fell through they quickly got back on the job and sold it again in 3 weeks. The after sale service was also excellent and David pushed all down the line to make sure everyone else was doing all they should to bring about completion.

8. 6

HA48
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

It is with great pleasure I write this letter of recommendation for Haart estate agents, especially Tim, RJ the team. I met RJ for the purchase of a two bedroom flat in Ruislip and I was so impressed by his attitude, he was calm and not at all pushy. I liked the property and asked if I could bring a couple of friends back to see it which I did and I then put an offer in that day which was taken care of by Tim , after about an hour I was on my way to purchasing the flat. From the beginning I experienced top-notch service; the photos of the property were spot on along with a good website. We did have a few problems with the sale of my property which wasn't handled by Haart , Tim got involved and was very helpful all the way through, even as far as after I purchased the property RJ came round to collect the mail of the previous owners.
    I would have no hesitation in recommending Haart to any of my friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    18 Bridge Street (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Marc Penn
    NN3
    Marc Penn

Unfortunately we couldn't find any customer reviews on this agency before appointing HAART to deal with the sale of our house. Our experience with this agency was very poor and we wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

We chose HAART because we liked Mark's professional approach, his selling skills and experience. He came across very well when he came to our house and was adamant he'd sell it no problem. We now understand that his sole intentions were to get our house on his books, market it and move on to find more new clients. The young lads at the office, George and Adam, with no experience... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Make it clear that Mark wouldn\'t be dealing with the sale of our house Contact us on a regular basis with updates and build relationship/trust with us Communicate over the phone in a more proffessional and friendly manner Give us feedbacks following viewings without us having to chase them Show us that the agency was proactive in trying to sell our house”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    889-897 Silbury Boulevard ( ) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    MK14
    Would you use the agent again? No

The whole experience with Haart has been absolutely awful. They don't listen to their customers and they lie about the advertising. Here's my many complaints about the company.

Don't pay the the extra for big advertisement in the paper as they told us that you will get a big advertisement each week which we complained after repeatedly seeing them putting tiny advertisements in the citizen.

On the first viewing we had Corey, representative, turned up and said that he had to go and we would have to show the people around because someone had called in sick. We went into Haart after the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

12. 3

Branch:
    33 Riverside Walk (Thetford) (Suffolk)
    Ip5
    Would you use the agent again? No

Working with Haart has put me off renting in totality. Both Vanessa and Lara had to be constantly chased, promises were made and never delivered upon. As a manager Lara never bothered or had the decency to respond to my email. Apparently by being honest tenants who have paid a lot of money to improve the property means you are taken for granted and constantly messed around. You leave messages and calls are never returned, five months later I am still waiting for stuff to be fixed and when it does get fixed its sloppy and below stand! I can not wait to finish this lease!

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Both of them can try treating their customers with some respect and not treating them like an inconvenience. Start returning calls, emails and deliver on your promises! Act in the best interest of the tenant well as the land lord and start treating your clients with some dignity and respect!”

13. 2

Branch:
    18-20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    RG12
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have received a shockingly bad service for the past three years from Spicehaarts Colchester, in every aspect of service. To top it off I have recently left the property to be told the landlord didn't want a final inspection, despite me pushing for an inspection they said he didn't want one and therefore would have ten days to inform of any issues, 20 days have past and they tell me I can't have my deposit back yet as the landlord has a couple of issues, even though he hasn't reported the issues yet or reported them within the ten days, Spicehaarts will not release my deposit. This company is a joke.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“The maintenance team never phone you back or tell you to ring back tomorrow when you have water pouring through your ceiling. The whole company has communication issues, they dont speak to each other let alone to you. It would be good if they could stick to their word and give me my deposit back.”

14. 4

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    35-37 Chase Side (Southgate) (London) (Greater London)
    N14
    Would you use the agent again? No

I had a similar experience to the first reviewer. Once the sale was through, my issues were of no concern at all to Haart. We were left without keys to access parts of our property on moving day and had to get a locksmith in to help us. Also had to pay delivery firm extra for waiting around. The agency assured us our requests for repairs to the property had been done before completion, we found out to our disgust that they weren't, including unsafely installed appliances. After numerous phonecalls and emails to open up communication directly or indirectly with the vendor (we have an NHBC... (read more)

15. 5

Branch:
    18-20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    co5
    Would you use the agent again? No

In what Capacity did you use the - It says Sold a property using them. that should read they are unable to sell property
    after signing 20wk contract they took over 2 weeks to get the advert displayed as we wanted it photos epc etc
    prommised to do all viewings ( but have attended none )
    only had 4-5 viewings in the 15 weeks we have been on the market
    They assured us they would have no problem selling our not standard and bespoke property (HaHa)
    Never get any feed back from them have to chase arround after info (hink we have done more work, phone calls than them

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They could doe some of the things they prommised when they signed us up”

16. 2

Branch:
    17 Clapham Common Southside (Clapham) (London) (Greater London)
    SW12
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely awful. The staff are rude and uncommunicative. They also don't consider it their responsibility to handle issues with vermin as the vast majority of other companies do - avoid.

17. 1

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    LU4
    Would you use the agent again? No

Awful service from the property management team. The branch staff are fantastic however landlords have very little contact with them as the property is managed by a central management team. I had unauthorised visits to my property by contractors who carried out unauthorised work and then billed me! I was constantly chasing Haarts for late rental payments, maintenance issues etc. My tenants where constantly informed " we can not get in contact with the landlord" despite having several methods of getting incontact with me. I was constantly told "we can not get incontact with the tenants". I would not recommend Haarts in any shape or form. Please do not make the same mistake i did. Haarts agents are very good at apologising however the same blunders are repeated again and again. For your sanity, peace of mind and welfare do not use this agent.

18. 3

Branch:
    39 Mutley Plain (Mutley Plain) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    pl4
    Would you use the agent again? No

By far the very worst service I have ever received from any provider. Left our family in danger with a caved in ceiling and water pouring into plug sockets for four months. The damp was so severe we couldn't use one of the bedrooms and there was mould growing from our clothes. We tried all informal (dozens of emails and phonecalls) and formal (letters, with photos of the damage to the ceiling and walls) routes of complaint. Absolutely nothing was done and our letters to the the regional director and managing director were completely ignored.
    We moved into a furnished property. when the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 1 -star review by ''

Tom Barker
    LU2
    Tom Barker

I was at my solicitors signing for a house I purchased through haarts, while I was at the solicitors to exchange contracts on Friday night, haarts phoned my solicitor and said no way can we sell this property to me because we have received a higher offer which I matched but still they would not allow me to purchase the house. The property was a repossessed house I was purchasing. I lost the house that I paid solicitors fees for and all other fees for the purchase. Two weeks later I see the property in the paper which was for sale again with another estate agent for a much higher price. It... (read more)

“Been Honest”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    55 Westow Hill, Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Esta Wilson
    Se25
    Esta Wilson

I'm extremely pleased with the service that Haart provided. The staff were so helpful and assisted quickly and efficiently with our every need. Communication was excellent and the service from staff was ever so polite and friendly. Unfortunately due to family reasons we were unable to go ahead with the sale of our flat but will definitely be using Haart in the future when we are ready to sell.
    Many thanks to the team at Haart in Crystal Palace. It was an absolute pleasure.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    55 Westow Hill, Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Esta Wilson, Pamela Douglas
    SE19
    Esta WilsonPamela Douglas

Esta Wilson was professional and friendly, she always dealt with any of our queries quickly and effiiciently, and always served with a smile (even on the phone you could tell she was smiling!). After we got our buyer, our case was handed to Pamela Douglas, who was initially at Thornton Heath, but moved to Crystal Palace. She was tireless in her efforts to chase up the chain constantly, because there were so many different issues that needed addressing, which the solicitors seemed to leave to her at one point!
    We have now exchanged, thankfully, and look forward to moving at the end of the month. I know estate agents have a bad name generally speaking, but the Crystal Palace Team under Esta's leadership comes up trump!
    Thank you Esta, thank you Pam, thank you team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

23. 1

Branch:
    42 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    HA0

Hi,

I rented a property with Haart in Feb 2012. They gave me the property totally trashed. It didnt have water, bathroom didnt have a door, the carpets smelled like dead rats, the lights didnt work, all the wirings were exposed, the windows and curtains were covered in mould, the stove didn't work. I had to pay to rent at two places simultaneously since I couldnt live here.
    Haart have just ignored all my calls so far to get anything fixed. They however do not have any shame in charging me rent every month without fail. It took them 9 months to fix my stove. At the end of the contract I asked for a 2 year renewal as I was in very good terms with my neighbours and Haart said it has been done. 4 months into the new contract, I get a letter to vacate. Now that I try to vacate immediately, they want me to stay the 2 months and pay 2 months rent. I have lost another property due to this.
    Please use Haart at your own peril. They are the worst estate agents in the UK.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“1) The agent could have made maintenance fixes once on 3 months at least. 2) They should have only given the keys to the property making sure it had water, doors, wirings done properly 3) They should have let the tenant know that the contract has been renewed even though they said it was 4) Its just cheap to ask someone to leave and then make them stay back to pay rent for 2 months.”

24. 1

Branch:
    16 - 18 Upper Parliament Square (City Centre) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Marc West, Thomas Davis
    NG5
    Marc WestThomas Davis

I am a Landlord that used Harrt to rent three Properties, They rented two Houses , However I had
    Problems with the Senior Management, they Will sit on the fence and Lie to both Tenant and Landlord to make them look good and once cornered by the both they realised that they was in the wrong but, Instead of being respectfully enough they carried on to Lie and to both Parties Not realising that both Parties can talk and at the end of the day they are the agent. After Getting Calls off the Tenant and telling me how poorly they have been treated I contacted they.
    IN A NUT SHELL IF YOU ARE A LANDLORD I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO AVOID HARRTS WITH A AND IF YOU WANT YOUR PROPERTY TO BE LOOKED AFTER AND RENTED TRY ANOTHER AGENT.

25. 6

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I marketed my property with a popular Ruislip agent for almost 8 weeks, having seen a few offers fall though all of which were under the asking price I decided to duel market my property with Haart Ruislip. Tim Buckley the manager of Haart gave me some valuable advise on how to improve my chances of selling my property quickly and at asking price and after only 3 days of being on the market with Tim my property was successfully sold for full asking price. Tim then managed the sales process through an 8 week completion. Tim is an excellent estate agent who delivered a great service.

26. 6

Branch:
    103-105 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Tim Holland, Sandra Barnett
    SE22
    Tim HollandSandra Barnett

I sold a place through another agent (excellent) and bought a place through Haart (shocking). The contrast between them was phenomenal and I would subsequently recommend to anyone that they AVOID Haart at all costs.

They were uncommunicative, unpleasant and in my mind, unprofessional. Sandra would simply not return calls for a few days at a time. They told me one thing and would then tell me another.

Their attitude was not conciliatory and quite frankly a found them somewhat dishonest. DEALING WITH HAART WAS ONE OF THE MOST UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCES IN MY LIFE.

27. 1

Branch:
    33-37 Queens Street (Maidenhead) (Berkshire)
    SL2
    Would you use the agent again? No

2. When looking for tenants to replace us, they did not give us notice about viewings. They just show up at the property without any notice. They often asked us to show the potential tenants around but it is not our responsibility. When letting us know about a viewing, they text 30 minutes before the viewing "just checking that we have confirmed the viewing at 10" knowing that you had never informed us before.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“1. We had to chase them to get our deposit back after giving them our account details. 2. When looking for tenants to replace us, they did not give us notice about viewings. They just show up at the property without any notice. They often asked us to show the potential tenants around but it is not our responsibility. When letting us know about a viewing, they text 30 minutes before the viewing \"just checking that we have confirmed the viewing at 10\" knowing that you had never informed us before. 3. When moving into the property we paid Hart to collect our references. However, after filling in the forms no one bothered to contact our references and then it was left too late. We had to arrange for everyone to send their references in when it is not our responsibility. As I was on a temporary contract we could then only sign for 6 months (when we wanted a year) as there was apparently too late to get a guarantor (I had already told them I was on a 1 year work contract) and had to pay a contract renewal fee.”

28. 4

Branch:
    19 The Broadway Mill Road (Cambridge) (Cambridgeshire)
    CB1
    Would you use the agent again? No

An utter disgrace. They treat tenants with contempt and landlords with indifference. Incapable of (or unwilling to) organise even the most basic tasks that form the basis of their job such as check-in, inventory, and minor maintenance. Avoid Haart Mill Road at all costs.

29. 6

Branch:
    34a High Street (Hucknall) (Nottinghamshire)
    Ng15
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolute terrible mistake with signing a 20week selling agreement with the haart hucknall branch!!! Strongly advised you look elsewhere!

1. Poor communication - no feedback from viewings unless chased
    2. Unhelpful staff - nobody able to help with enquiries
    3. Over valued our property
    4. Told us to unaccept a reasonable offer in order to gain more which the surveyor did not agree with, this lead to the collapse of the sale due to poor negotiating and poor communication!!! Then we were told by the staff that it was our fault that it had happened!!

5. Most staff are unfriendly and i found walking into the branch uncomfortable.
    6. They relayed incorrect information onto potential buyers i.e incorrect amount of bedrooms etc
    7. They were never avaliable to do any viewings for us!

Overall irate this branch no stars! Unhelpful and a big waste of our time!

Only happy about the amount of properties they have on their books instead of providing an excellent service!

They are expensive and your only paying for the name! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

30. 5

Gareth Batchelor
    LU1
    Gareth Batchelor

Very poor, everything wrong that could possibly go wrong did. They only care about profits and are very unhelpful. Lied a lot regarding details

31. 6

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We asked Haart to value our property.  When Tim Buckley, the manager, arrived we were immediately impressed by his incredible knowledge of the area and his professionalism.
    There was no question that Haart were the ones to deal with the sale of our house.  Within 48 hours of our instructions we had 3 good offers.  Tim and his team worked incredibly hard to inform any suitable clients from their mailing lists and this paid off.
    We have just exchanged on our sale and would like to say to Tim and all the team, thank you, for a great job. If you want an agent who really knows and loves Ruislip and the surrounding areas then Tim at Haart is your man!

32. 4

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    34a High Street (Hucknall) (Nottinghamshire)
    Ng6
    Would you use the agent again? No

I would not recommend Haart to anyone after the service I received. I sold a shared ownership property with them and they were terrible. They let me down on many occasions and I received minimal contact. They blamed me for things that were out of my control and did not pass over correct information. My soliciter and they buyers soliciter did not get the correct information sent over and I got the blame. They lied about making phone calls to them and myself and when I questioned this they said they have all calls on record.
    So not worth the 2k, would have been better and cheaper selling myself.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“More contact, being truthful. Getting there information correct and passing it over to the relevant party ASAP”