Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Get a Quote

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 392 ratings. This website contains 389 user reviews of Haart.

Offices / Branches

• 232 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Haart has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 14)

Page last updated on: 25-Nov-2014 12:28:01

1. 6

A 4-star review by 'Catherine' 19/3/2013

HA4

Tim Buckley

The team at Haart Ruislip were friendly and professional to deal with. I never had any difficulties getting through to Tim, which I found reassuring.
    Tim has a very sound knowledge of the local market. He valued our house higher than other estate agents. We initially thought he was being optimistic and so were very pleasantly surprised when we very quickly received an offer for the asking price from a solid buyer whose finances had been checked by Haart.
    Haart were also good at chasing up all the way through to exchange of contracts and completion.

2. A 4-star review by 'Adrian' 3/3/2013

Marita De Morgan

Marita De Morgan

Few words of praise for Marita here, Marita was the sales progresser dealing with the sale of my 2 bed flat.
    Marita really worked hard to move the transaction from offer to exchange and completion.

As usual there were many twists and challenges getting my property sold, Marita really made a difference as it came to the end of the transaction when both parties were trying to exchange & complete, she chased both sides and other parties to gather all the info required while keeping everyone in the loop, she did a great job and definitely made a significant difference in getting the property over the line to completion.

3. 6

A 5-star review by 'Dave' 19/2/2013

Tim Buckley, Richard Famili
    UB10

Tim BuckleyRichard Famili

As Executor for my mothers estate I was selling the house via another local agent and in 4 months had no credible offers. Tim Buckley wrote to me and we met to discuss the potential sale of the property. I was impressed with Tim especially his frank approach to sales and his honesty in his dealing with me. I believed he would actively sell my property and keep me informed. As always the proof of any relationship is in the day to day delivery and I am pleased to say that Tim and RJ lived up to the expectations set. We had a credible offer on the property within 2 months and have just completed the sale. Tim and RJ kept me informed as to progress at all times, gave me confidence that they had my needs at heart and negotiated a fair deal for both parties. I seldom rate companies with an Excellent, Tim and RJ are a welcome exception. Thank You

4. 2

A 5-star review by 'John T' 18/2/2013

David Sheridan

David Sheridan

I found the staff helpful and courteous at all times. David kept me informed throughout the process with regular updates and I would have no hesitation in recommending Haart to anybody looking to sell their home or buy a new one.

5. A 1-star review by 'Meena' 17/2/2013

Jaz
    Le3

Jaz

Jaz has been exceptional from start to finish, I have been going through Haart for a number of years now and Jaz has always been thorough efficient and considerate in his work. Very professional and a brilliant guy. Faultless service I can't sing enough praises about him

6. A 5-star review by 'Henry Course' 11/2/2013

Branch:
    30 Queens Street (Maidenhead) (Slough) (Berkshire)
    , James Robinson
    SL65

James Robinson

From the first phone call their service has been excellent.They have always updated promptly and always returned calls without the correct information.The strategy agreed with James for marketing the house worked like a dream and resulted in getting a sale within a week of the house going on the marketplace

7. 5

A 4-star review by 'Khan' 9/2/2013

David Sheridan, Warren Bibby

David SheridanWarren Bibby

Haart was extremely helpful in the process of buying our first property. Warren did a great job showing us a range of properties in our price range without trying to push more expensive, over-budget properties on us like we'd experienced through some other agents. He listened to our feedback on the properties without trying to push us into something we weren't really wanting. David was very helpful throughout the buying process in keeping us apprised of the buying situation and adding an extra bit of pressure when it was needed. Both of them were incredibly professional and supportive throughout the buying process. I would certainly recommend this office and wouldn't hesitate to go through them again.
    I would just recommend doing your own research into conveyancing solicitors before accepting their recommendation.

8. A 4-star review by 'Peter Barrett' 7/2/2013

SL6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After two previous unsuccessful attempts at selling the property through other agents Haart secured a potentially good buyer within seven days. and they also kept us well informed throughout.

Peter Barrett

N.B. PROPERTY YET TO COMPLETE

9. A 5-star review by 'Liz W' 7/2/2013

SE19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I purchased my first property through Haart Crystal Palace. They were friendly, helpful, and made the purchase of my first home a pleasure. I wasn't given any hard sales pitch upon viewing and I felt that they were pretty straight forward. When placing offers for the property at no point did I feel like the agent injected a view or weighting on me with regards to amount - a great neutral middle person.

10. 4

A 5-star review by 'David Richens' 7/2/2013

SN25
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Haart have been excellent in marketing my property, I have had good communication from the agents at all parts of the process, I have had a full professional relationship with all involved

1. 4

A 5-star review by 'Christine Florence' 2/2/2013

david sheridan, jack rogers
    sn2

david sheridanjack rogers

From the very beginning, when I first spoke to Haarts, David Sherigan had a very positive attitude, at first ,I was a little reticent to put my house on the market and David gave me a month's notice of when we would try it. From the word go Jack got involved and was constantly ringing persperctive purchasers, and aslo constantly ringing me, saying he had someone wanting to view. Within the first week I must have had 8 viewings and also some re-viewings.

Within the first two weeks I had my first offer a little low at first but Jack soon negotiated a better offer and then someone else also... (read more)

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'Amy' 30/1/2013

Branch:
    143-5 Hoe Street (Walthamstow) (London) (Greater London)
    E17
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely terrible staff- male from sales. Incredibly rude, treat customer like an idiot. Refused to continue conversation when I said we haven't get our mortgage arranged and hanged up the phone. Utterly unprofessional and he should be fired. I will never ever go back to Haart at Walthamstow and do not recommend anyone to do so.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They should just fire all the rude staff.”

3. 8

A 5-star review by 'Andrew Deans' 25/1/2013

David Sheridan, Warren Bibby
    SN25

David SheridanWarren Bibby

Haart were professional, friendly and helpful from the outset. Both David and Warren gave the impression of genuinely caring about the service they provide. Haart were very capable in generating viewings of high calibre clients ,following up leads and then providing feedback. Despite the current ecconomic climate we were able to achieve a very good sale price. However it was after the sale was agreed that much of the hard work was done in ensuring the sale went through without hitch.
    A very creditable performance throughout and I would not hesitate to buy or sell through Haart in the future.

4. 6

A 5-star review by 'Susannah Smith' 22/1/2013

Warren Bibby, David Sheridan

Warren BibbyDavid Sheridan

From the moment I rang up, through many viewings and the offer being accepted for the above property, Warren and the teams were very professional, courteous and helpful. In each stage of the process of dealing with Warren and then David I wish only other Negotiators and Managers were of the same high quality. They must be very valued members of your team and I very much look forward to purchasing more properties with Haart of Commercial Road, Swindon

5. A 5-star review by 'Happy Client' 21/1/2013

Esta Wilson, Katie Millar
    se19

Esta WilsonKatie Millar

I recently bought a property in Crystal Palace. Out of the 15 I visited, Haart were easily the easiest to deal with.

Haart were polite, took note of want I wanted in a property, phoned me back when they had something suitable, and were contactable and helpful throughout the buying process when the inevitable bumps in the road occurred.

Based on my experience as a buyer, I would have confidence using them to sell my property.

6. 6

A 5-star review by 'Emma Norton' 18/1/2013

HA5

Tim Buckley

I have just sold my flat through Haart and for anyone who is a little wary of Estate Agent spiel, please can I heartily recommend Tim Buckley from their Ruislip branch. He is straight talking, calm, patient and a great salesman. He knows the market and is the perfect balance of realistic and optomistic. My experience in selling through Haarts has been fantastic.

7. 2

A 1-star review by 'Mg27' 17/1/2013

LE4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A time wasting experience with Haart Estate Agent in Leicester. Adam called me congratulating me that my offer was accepted on the property and was invited to discuss mortgage offer with Barry Howard who sits in their office on 1st floor in Leicester branch. I got the application done with HSBC also as a second option and also arranged the solicitor. After a week I got a call asking me either to increase the offer as somebody else put higher offer on the property. I don’t understand why the agent accepted another offer when my offer was accepted and I was moving forward. I would not recommend this agent as they might turn you down at any stage of your moving house just for few £sss. Avoid if you don’t want to be disappointed buying your new house.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (1)by haart Leicester  01/02/2013

Dear Mg27 I am disappointed to hear you have had a negative experience when dealing with ourselves and we have looked into this issue for you. If there is an offer put forward on a property at any point prior to exchange of contracts we have a legal obligation as an agent to put all offers forward for the owner to consider. It sounds like in the particular circumstance the own decided to proceed with the other buyer after this had happened. I would hope that having lost the property Adam and Barry are working very hard to help you find a similar property.
  9. 6

A 1-star review by 'mr t bennett' 16/1/2013

sn
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After the hassle and loss of money trying to buy a flat fro haarts i will hopefully not do any future business with ever,i have been played like a fool and as its not there money they dont care .

10. A 5-star review by 'Shar Collins' 11/1/2013

Nick Loates, Marita De Morgan

Nick LoatesMarita De Morgan

Even when just thinking about selling my flat, Nick was a pleasure to deal with. Courteous, friendly and professional, he also offered advice which seemed genuine and honest, including what he realistically thought I could achieve. Having contacted other estate agents, I felt most comfortable with, and confident of Nick's ability to get me the best price possible.

Once agreed, the sale of my flat to the first person who came to view it, was really quite quick and hassle-free. I completed all of the paperwork required by my solicitors (those recommended by Haart via eWay, an online... (read more)

11. A 5-star review by 'JLB' 9/1/2013

Esta Wilson, Katie Millar
    SE25

Esta WilsonKatie Millar

We were impressed by Esta's professional, honest and friendly manner at our initial meeting. She offered us a competitive commission rate with a more professional approach so we decided to proceed with Haart. She took some excellent photographs taking the time to select the most suitable shots and we were exceptionally pleased with the resulting brochure. In fact this brochure was so comprehensive we would have benefitted from it when we first moved to the area! She gave us some sage advice, recommending that we reduce the asking price slightly to increase interest which immediately... (read more)

1. 7

A 1-star review by 'disgruntled tenent' 5/1/2013

LE67
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When I moved into the property as a tenent the guy from Haarts, Scot Cave, was very good and things went along like cloakwork. The house was filthy but I buckled down and cleaned it thoroughly thou I did draw the line at the disgusting cooker and oven and Scot arranged to have it professionally cleaned. At house inspections any problems were sorted straight away. However once he left things changed drastically. No one arrived for inspections days, maintenance went undone. I had a serious problem with the rear garden, which was made up of 3-4 foot tall raised beds which started to fall... (read more)

2. 5

A 1-star review by 'DO NOT' 21/12/2012

Branch:
    42 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    w13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

DO NOT ever think to rent from this agent!!
    This is the worst business organization you can come across as "estate agents"!
    They are all smiles untill you sign the deposit agreement after they can't care less.
    On the top of that, they changed the rent price (+£100) agreed before, at 3 day from the moving day.
    The only thing they do is taking your money and they give no service at all.
    I've been charged ridicolous prices like:
    £120 for an inventory and £120 for a Tenancy agreement (full of mistakes!!).
    I've just moved to this new flat and want to leave because I want nothing to do with them.

3. 2

A 2-star review by 'Char' 13/12/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a little disappointed in the service I received from Haart in Slough. There didn't seem to be any urgency about selling our property. We weren't given a copy of the glossy magazine with our photographs and nor was the lady who eventually ended up buying our property. The estate agents only showed one potential buyer around our house, and we showed the rest ourselves. It would have been nice to have some help in doing that. We also received very little feedback from the potential buyers who had visited. The one person Haart did show around, stayed to speak to the estate agent afterwards outside, but we never received any feedback from that visit. As the estate agent did very little house showing, we also had some appointments that we were not made aware of before the person turned up. In contrast, our experience with our purchasing estate agent has been much much better and I will be leaving feedback for them shortly.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They could have shown more enthusiasm and interest, provided better feedback (or any feedback) and made more of an effort with communication all round. To receive the service they provided I would have expected to pay less in fees”

4. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Helpless' 4/12/2012

Sw4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have spent days trying to sort out my leaking boiler, I am currently without hot water or heating and as I am away from my flat due to work the leak is unattended. Haart property management have lied to me by saying they will chase up the contractor and phone me back straight away and when after not hearing from them for 90 minutes I phoned back the person dealing with my query had left the office. Due to them not dealing with my problem I have had to keep chasing them, this however lead to the final guy I spoke to shouting at me for pestering them. I feel so helpless, I hope my flat isn't flooding, I don't know what I can do anymore. I have only just started my tenancy and love the flat but I will be leaving as soon as I can as I am being treated like an inconvenience.

5. 8

A 1-star review by 'Angry Landlord' 28/11/2012

Branch:
    37 Silver Street (Lincoln) (Lincolnshire)
    , David Stokes
    LN3

David Stokes

DO NOT USE HAART IN LINCOLN. I stupidly trusted these sharks to 'manage' my property. Big mistake. I dont think this agent would know the word management if it bit them on the behind. Ive sent multiple emails to the manager Giles and another person called david in Colchester (because the property 'management' team arent actually based in Lincoln - something they fail to inform you of when first marketing the property which I feel is deliberately deceptive) and none of my emails have received a reply. when I call the office im told 'the lettings team are busy but someone will call you back' and guess what? NO phone calls back. i once left 3 messages in one day and was told every time that giles would call back. never happened. emails sent to david at the maintenance team are never responded to. repairs cost more than they would if i called the plumber myself, clearly haart are only out to make money and dont care about their landlords. im in the process of looking for a new agent, one who is honest and cares about their customers.

6. A 5-star review by 'N Bond' 23/11/2012

SE20
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The staff at Haart Crystal Palace were very professional and friendly. They put us at ease and supported us through the process of selling our much loved flat.

7. 8

A 1-star review by 'anh duong' 23/11/2012

Ashish Madan, Samuel Francis
    HA4

Ashish MadanSamuel Francis

As an owner of a few properties I have had experiences with a few letting agencies. Unfortunately from my experience Haart is absolutely the worse letting agency I have come acrosss. I regret ever dealing with Haart because I had so many other agents how could have managed my property better.
    These are the things that Haart have done whilst managing my property:
    - Overcharging for maintenance. Simple ten minute jobs that cost 100s of pounds.
    - Poor maintenance. I had a faulty toilet that was not corrected properly. Until this day the toilet doesn't function correctly. Haart charged me 200 pounds for the priviledge.
    - Leaks not fixed properly causing damage to my property.
    - Renewal contracts not done in time. Bad advice on renewals causing confusion and rent arrears to tenant.
    - Phone calls never returned. E-mails never responded.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (1)by Noah  09/01/2013

Totally agree Anh; they are a micky mouse organization. If you are a tenant, they use intimidation to get what they want from you. While you are choosing a property, they are your best friends and promise the earth. They are liars, cheats and slimy. Poor landlords who trust them have no idea how badly they are being abused by Haarts - the jokers. Watch this space for proof of their scams.
  9. A 5-star review by 'Mike B' 15/11/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

My brother and I have been acting as executors for our mother's estate, and needed to market a bungalow up for sale. We had many estate agents around to value it and to give us an appraisal on how they would market it. We liked Steven from Haart, but didn't at first choose them, as we went for a local agent rather than a national company. After 4 months we were no further forward and viewings were limited. We called Haart and others in again and almost went with Haart on a multi agent basis, but chose a specialised bungalow agent that operates within the Swindon area who sold themselves... (read more)

10. 2

A 1-star review by 'Haartless' 15/11/2012

Branch:
    130 Union Street (Torquay) (Devon)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

By far and away the worse treatment from a letting agents I have experienced in over 10 years

After viewing a property and authorising payment of £200 holding deposit the agent then informed me of a minimum guarantors income of £20,000 which had not been previously mentioned. In conversation the following day the same agent recalculated the Guarantors fee for £2,500 more than the previous day, making it £22,500. He also told me that if the guarantor fails to meet the requirements I will be deemed to be pulling out and lose my fee. He then encouraged me to use a joint Guarantor even though he had also previously said that would not be accepted, which head office also agree with, which makes it look like he was purposely attempting to make the check fail so Haart could keep my money.

In attempting to resolve the situation the manager will not call back, despite repeated assurances from branch staff he will. I will update on this issue either on refund of the holding fee, or outcome from a Small claims court.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“see what is said in the review section. Basically made me aware of all accurate fees and requirements before encouraging me to sign any agreement.”

11. 9

A 1-star review by 'plov' 15/11/2012

Branch:
    28 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I totally agree with the above, whatever you do , DO NOT use this agency, unprofessional and dishonest is the right description for them. We have rented a property through HAART Wimbledon, we’ve paid over £100 for initial tenancy agreement and fees for the renewal of the contract every year to find out at the end of our tenancy period that the agreement we had didn't stand for anything. Apparently they had different deal with the landlord and they couldn’t provide the service that was stated in our contract because they weren’t getting paid for this by the landlord, but yet they took our money for a contract that wasn’t reflecting correct T&C. I cannot express it more loud , please save yourself the frustration, whether you are a landlord or a tenant, DO NOT use HAART , people are arrogant and lazy , you will chase them for days to get an information that they should provide you with on the first place. Service is appalling, soon as they have your money you won’t hear from them anymore.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Refund the money taken for the wrong contract to compensate for all the frustration caused”