Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Get a Quote

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 384 ratings. This website contains 381 user reviews of Haart.

Offices / Branches

• 230 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Haart has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 13)

Page last updated on: 01-Nov-2014 03:49:12

1. A 5-star review by 'Liz W' 7/2/2013

SE19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I purchased my first property through Haart Crystal Palace. They were friendly, helpful, and made the purchase of my first home a pleasure. I wasn't given any hard sales pitch upon viewing and I felt that they were pretty straight forward. When placing offers for the property at no point did I feel like the agent injected a view or weighting on me with regards to amount - a great neutral middle person.

2. 4

A 5-star review by 'David Richens' 7/2/2013

SN25
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Haart have been excellent in marketing my property, I have had good communication from the agents at all parts of the process, I have had a full professional relationship with all involved

3. 4

A 5-star review by 'Christine Florence' 2/2/2013

david sheridan, jack rogers
    sn2

david sheridanjack rogers

From the very beginning, when I first spoke to Haarts, David Sherigan had a very positive attitude, at first ,I was a little reticent to put my house on the market and David gave me a month's notice of when we would try it. From the word go Jack got involved and was constantly ringing persperctive purchasers, and aslo constantly ringing me, saying he had someone wanting to view. Within the first week I must have had 8 viewings and also some re-viewings.

Within the first two weeks I had my first offer a little low at first but Jack soon negotiated a better offer and then someone else also... (read more)

4. 2

A 1-star review by 'Amy' 30/1/2013

Branch:
    143-5 Hoe Street (Walthamstow) (London) (Greater London)
    E17
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely terrible staff- male from sales. Incredibly rude, treat customer like an idiot. Refused to continue conversation when I said we haven't get our mortgage arranged and hanged up the phone. Utterly unprofessional and he should be fired. I will never ever go back to Haart at Walthamstow and do not recommend anyone to do so.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They should just fire all the rude staff.”

5. 8

A 5-star review by 'Andrew Deans' 25/1/2013

David Sheridan, Warren Bibby
    SN25

David SheridanWarren Bibby

Haart were professional, friendly and helpful from the outset. Both David and Warren gave the impression of genuinely caring about the service they provide. Haart were very capable in generating viewings of high calibre clients ,following up leads and then providing feedback. Despite the current ecconomic climate we were able to achieve a very good sale price. However it was after the sale was agreed that much of the hard work was done in ensuring the sale went through without hitch.
    A very creditable performance throughout and I would not hesitate to buy or sell through Haart in the future.

6. 6

A 5-star review by 'Susannah Smith' 22/1/2013

Warren Bibby, David Sheridan
    SN1

Warren BibbyDavid Sheridan

From the moment I rang up, through many viewings and the offer being accepted for the above property, Warren and the teams were very professional, courteous and helpful. In each stage of the process of dealing with Warren and then David I wish only other Negotiators and Managers were of the same high quality. They must be very valued members of your team and I very much look forward to purchasing more properties with Haart of Commercial Road, Swindon

7. A 5-star review by 'Happy Client' 21/1/2013

Esta Wilson, Katie Millar
    se19

Esta WilsonKatie Millar

I recently bought a property in Crystal Palace. Out of the 15 I visited, Haart were easily the easiest to deal with.

Haart were polite, took note of want I wanted in a property, phoned me back when they had something suitable, and were contactable and helpful throughout the buying process when the inevitable bumps in the road occurred.

Based on my experience as a buyer, I would have confidence using them to sell my property.

8. 6

A 5-star review by 'Emma Norton' 18/1/2013

Branch:
    2/6 High Street (Ruislip) (Greater London)
    Tim Buckley
    HA5

Tim Buckley

I have just sold my flat through Haart and for anyone who is a little wary of Estate Agent spiel, please can I heartily recommend Tim Buckley from their Ruislip branch. He is straight talking, calm, patient and a great salesman. He knows the market and is the perfect balance of realistic and optomistic. My experience in selling through Haarts has been fantastic.

9. 2

A 1-star review by 'Mg27' 17/1/2013

Branch:
    25 Halford Street (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    LE4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A time wasting experience with Haart Estate Agent in Leicester. Adam called me congratulating me that my offer was accepted on the property and was invited to discuss mortgage offer with Barry Howard who sits in their office on 1st floor in Leicester branch. I got the application done with HSBC also as a second option and also arranged the solicitor. After a week I got a call asking me either to increase the offer as somebody else put higher offer on the property. I don’t understand why the agent accepted another offer when my offer was accepted and I was moving forward. I would not recommend this agent as they might turn you down at any stage of your moving house just for few £sss. Avoid if you don’t want to be disappointed buying your new house.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (1)by haart Leicester  01/02/2013

Dear Mg27 I am disappointed to hear you have had a negative experience when dealing with ourselves and we have looked into this issue for you. If there is an offer put forward on a property at any point prior to exchange of contracts we have a legal obligation as an agent to put all offers forward for the owner to consider. It sounds like in the particular circumstance the own decided to proceed with the other buyer after this had happened. I would hope that having lost the property Adam and Barry are working very hard to help you find a similar property.
  11. 6

A 1-star review by 'mr t bennett' 16/1/2013

sn
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After the hassle and loss of money trying to buy a flat fro haarts i will hopefully not do any future business with ever,i have been played like a fool and as its not there money they dont care .

1. A 5-star review by 'Shar Collins' 11/1/2013

Nick Loates, Marita De Morgan
    SL1

Nick LoatesMarita De Morgan

Even when just thinking about selling my flat, Nick was a pleasure to deal with. Courteous, friendly and professional, he also offered advice which seemed genuine and honest, including what he realistically thought I could achieve. Having contacted other estate agents, I felt most comfortable with, and confident of Nick's ability to get me the best price possible.

Once agreed, the sale of my flat to the first person who came to view it, was really quite quick and hassle-free. I completed all of the paperwork required by my solicitors (those recommended by Haart via eWay, an online... (read more)

2. A 5-star review by 'JLB' 9/1/2013

Esta Wilson, Katie Millar
    SE25

Esta WilsonKatie Millar

We were impressed by Esta's professional, honest and friendly manner at our initial meeting. She offered us a competitive commission rate with a more professional approach so we decided to proceed with Haart. She took some excellent photographs taking the time to select the most suitable shots and we were exceptionally pleased with the resulting brochure. In fact this brochure was so comprehensive we would have benefitted from it when we first moved to the area! She gave us some sage advice, recommending that we reduce the asking price slightly to increase interest which immediately... (read more)

3. 7

A 1-star review by 'disgruntled tenent' 5/1/2013

Branch:
    25 Halford Street (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    LE67
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When I moved into the property as a tenent the guy from Haarts, Scot Cave, was very good and things went along like cloakwork. The house was filthy but I buckled down and cleaned it thoroughly thou I did draw the line at the disgusting cooker and oven and Scot arranged to have it professionally cleaned. At house inspections any problems were sorted straight away. However once he left things changed drastically. No one arrived for inspections days, maintenance went undone. I had a serious problem with the rear garden, which was made up of 3-4 foot tall raised beds which started to fall... (read more)

4. 5

A 1-star review by 'DO NOT' 21/12/2012

Branch:
    42 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    w13
    Upload a reviwer profile image

DO NOT ever think to rent from this agent!!
    This is the worst business organization you can come across as "estate agents"!
    They are all smiles untill you sign the deposit agreement after they can't care less.
    On the top of that, they changed the rent price (+£100) agreed before, at 3 day from the moving day.
    The only thing they do is taking your money and they give no service at all.
    I've been charged ridicolous prices like:
    £120 for an inventory and £120 for a Tenancy agreement (full of mistakes!!).
    I've just moved to this new flat and want to leave because I want nothing to do with them.

5. 2

A 2-star review by 'Char' 13/12/2012

SL1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a little disappointed in the service I received from Haart in Slough. There didn't seem to be any urgency about selling our property. We weren't given a copy of the glossy magazine with our photographs and nor was the lady who eventually ended up buying our property. The estate agents only showed one potential buyer around our house, and we showed the rest ourselves. It would have been nice to have some help in doing that. We also received very little feedback from the potential buyers who had visited. The one person Haart did show around, stayed to speak to the estate agent afterwards outside, but we never received any feedback from that visit. As the estate agent did very little house showing, we also had some appointments that we were not made aware of before the person turned up. In contrast, our experience with our purchasing estate agent has been much much better and I will be leaving feedback for them shortly.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They could have shown more enthusiasm and interest, provided better feedback (or any feedback) and made more of an effort with communication all round. To receive the service they provided I would have expected to pay less in fees”

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'Helpless' 4/12/2012

Sw4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have spent days trying to sort out my leaking boiler, I am currently without hot water or heating and as I am away from my flat due to work the leak is unattended. Haart property management have lied to me by saying they will chase up the contractor and phone me back straight away and when after not hearing from them for 90 minutes I phoned back the person dealing with my query had left the office. Due to them not dealing with my problem I have had to keep chasing them, this however lead to the final guy I spoke to shouting at me for pestering them. I feel so helpless, I hope my flat isn't flooding, I don't know what I can do anymore. I have only just started my tenancy and love the flat but I will be leaving as soon as I can as I am being treated like an inconvenience.

7. 8

A 1-star review by 'Angry Landlord' 28/11/2012

Branch:
    37 Silver Street (Lincoln) (Lincolnshire)
    , David Stokes
    LN3

David Stokes

DO NOT USE HAART IN LINCOLN. I stupidly trusted these sharks to 'manage' my property. Big mistake. I dont think this agent would know the word management if it bit them on the behind. Ive sent multiple emails to the manager Giles and another person called david in Colchester (because the property 'management' team arent actually based in Lincoln - something they fail to inform you of when first marketing the property which I feel is deliberately deceptive) and none of my emails have received a reply. when I call the office im told 'the lettings team are busy but someone will call you back' and guess what? NO phone calls back. i once left 3 messages in one day and was told every time that giles would call back. never happened. emails sent to david at the maintenance team are never responded to. repairs cost more than they would if i called the plumber myself, clearly haart are only out to make money and dont care about their landlords. im in the process of looking for a new agent, one who is honest and cares about their customers.

8. A 5-star review by 'N Bond' 23/11/2012

SE20
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The staff at Haart Crystal Palace were very professional and friendly. They put us at ease and supported us through the process of selling our much loved flat.

9. 8

A 1-star review by 'anh duong' 23/11/2012

Branch:
    2/6 High Street (Ruislip) (Greater London)
    Ashish Madan, Samuel Francis
    HA4

Ashish MadanSamuel Francis

As an owner of a few properties I have had experiences with a few letting agencies. Unfortunately from my experience Haart is absolutely the worse letting agency I have come acrosss. I regret ever dealing with Haart because I had so many other agents how could have managed my property better.
    These are the things that Haart have done whilst managing my property:
    - Overcharging for maintenance. Simple ten minute jobs that cost 100s of pounds.
    - Poor maintenance. I had a faulty toilet that was not corrected properly. Until this day the toilet doesn't function correctly. Haart charged me 200 pounds for the priviledge.
    - Leaks not fixed properly causing damage to my property.
    - Renewal contracts not done in time. Bad advice on renewals causing confusion and rent arrears to tenant.
    - Phone calls never returned. E-mails never responded.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (1)by Noah  09/01/2013

Totally agree Anh; they are a micky mouse organization. If you are a tenant, they use intimidation to get what they want from you. While you are choosing a property, they are your best friends and promise the earth. They are liars, cheats and slimy. Poor landlords who trust them have no idea how badly they are being abused by Haarts - the jokers. Watch this space for proof of their scams.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Mike B' 15/11/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

My brother and I have been acting as executors for our mother's estate, and needed to market a bungalow up for sale. We had many estate agents around to value it and to give us an appraisal on how they would market it. We liked Steven from Haart, but didn't at first choose them, as we went for a local agent rather than a national company. After 4 months we were no further forward and viewings were limited. We called Haart and others in again and almost went with Haart on a multi agent basis, but chose a specialised bungalow agent that operates within the Swindon area who sold themselves... (read more)

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'Haartless' 15/11/2012

Branch:
    130 Union Street (Torquay) (Devon)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

By far and away the worse treatment from a letting agents I have experienced in over 10 years

After viewing a property and authorising payment of £200 holding deposit the agent then informed me of a minimum guarantors income of £20,000 which had not been previously mentioned. In conversation the following day the same agent recalculated the Guarantors fee for £2,500 more than the previous day, making it £22,500. He also told me that if the guarantor fails to meet the requirements I will be deemed to be pulling out and lose my fee. He then encouraged me to use a joint Guarantor even though he had also previously said that would not be accepted, which head office also agree with, which makes it look like he was purposely attempting to make the check fail so Haart could keep my money.

In attempting to resolve the situation the manager will not call back, despite repeated assurances from branch staff he will. I will update on this issue either on refund of the holding fee, or outcome from a Small claims court.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“see what is said in the review section. Basically made me aware of all accurate fees and requirements before encouraging me to sign any agreement.”

2. 8

A 1-star review by 'plov' 15/11/2012

Branch:
    28 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I totally agree with the above, whatever you do , DO NOT use this agency, unprofessional and dishonest is the right description for them. We have rented a property through HAART Wimbledon, we’ve paid over £100 for initial tenancy agreement and fees for the renewal of the contract every year to find out at the end of our tenancy period that the agreement we had didn't stand for anything. Apparently they had different deal with the landlord and they couldn’t provide the service that was stated in our contract because they weren’t getting paid for this by the landlord, but yet they took our money for a contract that wasn’t reflecting correct T&C. I cannot express it more loud , please save yourself the frustration, whether you are a landlord or a tenant, DO NOT use HAART , people are arrogant and lazy , you will chase them for days to get an information that they should provide you with on the first place. Service is appalling, soon as they have your money you won’t hear from them anymore.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Refund the money taken for the wrong contract to compensate for all the frustration caused”

3. 8

A 1-star review by 'Gagan Korpal' 6/11/2012

Branch:
    1618 Upper Parliament Street (City Centre) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    Gagan korpal Gagan korpal

Gagan korpal Gagan korpal

Never had such a poor service! We have rented of several agents over the past 15 years and never had such poor customer service, the house wasn't even cleaned prior to us moving in even though a full inventory was meant to of been done a few days before we moved in. Gagan Korpal?? What his job is we're not quite sure as even after complaining it still took him over a 3weeks to respond to any complaints made when we first moved in.. He even upped the deposit without our agreement... The list could go on & I really feel for our landlord what a waste if his money using Heart.

“Done their job!”

4. A 5-star review by 'Julia' 5/11/2012

Nick Loates, Marita De Morgan

Nick LoatesMarita De Morgan

I have been so impressed with the service received from start to finish with Haart Estate agents, We had some issues with our previous agents having 2 buyers pulling out on us and the agent not keeping us informed on what what happening. Nick done a fantstic job at getting the property sold within a week. The attitude and friendliness of Nick put us at ease straight away and gave us more confidence that things would go through much smoother with Haart.
    The process went through a lot slower than expected but Martia, who is fantastic and worth her weight in gold, kept us informed throughout the whole process. We were kept informed of any updates and Marita would chase solicitors for us when no one else could reach them. Without Marita im a pretty sure things would have taken even longer. Marita and Nick really were fantastic and made the stressfull process alot easier for us. Would 100% recommend using Haart to anyone and will be using them again in the future im sure. Thank you Nick and Marita!

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Yvette' 8/10/2012

Branch:
    153-159 South Street (Romford) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have nothing good to say about any of the Haart branches in the Romford area.
    Firstly, they dont seem to be able to communicate to each other. I put an offer in on a property one day, and the following day I get a phone call to ask if I'm still looking for a property!!
    I'm sure my offers weren't passed on because the two properties I made offers on are STILL FOR SALE ON THE INTERNET. My offers were rejected, fine. But don't tell me it's because the property has already been sold!

I went for a second viewing at the weekend. The viewing was cancelled but the only method of trying... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Have some common sense. Communicate between branches. Not send you a list of every property on their books which is for sale under £240k when you specifically ask for HOUSES WITH PARKING.”

6. 8

A 1-star review by 'Anita' 3/10/2012

Branch:
    143-5 Hoe Street (Walthamstow) (London) (Greater London)
    TONY GAME, Michael Fenton

TONY GAMEMichael Fenton

Tony GAME is rude, arrogant and tries to intimidate and bully in his attempt to enforce contracts, even when haart is clearly in the wrong. I rented with haart and moved in just over a week ago, so far it's been a terrible experience. The kitchen which I was promised was going to be cleaned when I viewed was filthy when I moved in, this should have been and was a warning sign, but eventually I got a cleaner in to clean the place because I could not stand the state of the place and all the dilly-dallying. These people tell a lot of LIES, that is their MO.

There are mice in the flat I've... (read more)

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Nicola' 29/9/2012

Branch:
    3-4 Kings Parade, High Street (Ashford) (Kent)
    Matthew

Matthew

We were extremely pleased with all the team at haarts Ashfod Kent they were polite, helpful and friendly, Matthew worked hard in selling our property in a short time even in todays market. we would certainly go back to them again.

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'BD' 22/9/2012

Branch:
    73 High Street (Burnham) (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Haart in Burnham found a buyer for my property however in the 4 months it was taking to go through they didn't keep me up to date with what was really going on behind the scenes. It turned out that after 4 months my buyers were no where near ready to exchange even though I was given the impression from Haart that it wouldn't be much longer every couple of weeks. They never returned my calls and refused to admit that they had known the full story all along to do with the hold up - even though both the buyer and the buyer's own estate agents had told me directly that Haart were aware of everything. Haart knew I would pull out if i'd known the full story which I eventually did when I realised I was being messed around. They kept telling me to stay with this buyer as I would struggle to get anywhere near my asking price again, however when I did pull out, another estate agents found me a buyer within a week who made a higher offer.

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Busola' 17/9/2012

Esta Wilson

Esta Wilson

Esta and her team provided a good and very professional service when they handled the sale of our flat. They called every week to provide updates on viewings and made recommendations till our studio flat was sold.
    Highly recommended agent, will use again.

10. 4

A 1-star review by 'Haarts complaint' 16/9/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Too much went wrong to detail so here is it in note form. I am a Landlord, I have rented various properties for many years. This is what went wrong. Tenancy agreement inaccurate after three attempts, start date wrong, deposit wrong amongst other things and it still arrived late. Gas Cert not done, no follow up during seven weeks of waiting for tenant to move in. References incomplete, inventory clerk did not turn up, check in was not done as agent did not turn up. Agent forgot to take copy of tenancy agreement. Then agent took money from tenant for rent without their authorisation even though they had been told verbally and in writing with signed docs from landlord and tenant not to take it. 2 weeks after the moving in date the landlord has still not received any rent at all. Complaints have been ignored throughout. Escalated to Regional Manager who made a call to introduce themselves and then never came back to resolve problem as promised. Call made to Debbie, PA to Andrew Benn who took notes but still no result.

0.0502309799194