Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Get a Quote

Agent rating: 2.5 out of 5.0 based on 358 ratings. This website contains 355 user reviews of Haart.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Haart has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 12)

Page last updated on: 27-Aug-2014 23:04:01

1. 3

A 1-star review by 'BD' 22/9/2012

Branch:
    73 High Street (Burnham) (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Haart in Burnham found a buyer for my property however in the 4 months it was taking to go through they didn't keep me up to date with what was really going on behind the scenes. It turned out that after 4 months my buyers were no where near ready to exchange even though I was given the impression from Haart that it wouldn't be much longer every couple of weeks. They never returned my calls and refused to admit that they had known the full story all along to do with the hold up - even though both the buyer and the buyer's own estate agents had told me directly that Haart were aware of everything. Haart knew I would pull out if i'd known the full story which I eventually did when I realised I was being messed around. They kept telling me to stay with this buyer as I would struggle to get anywhere near my asking price again, however when I did pull out, another estate agents found me a buyer within a week who made a higher offer.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'Busola' 17/9/2012

Esta Wilson

Esta and her team provided a good and very professional service when they handled the sale of our flat. They called every week to provide updates on viewings and made recommendations till our studio flat was sold.
    Highly recommended agent, will use again.

3. 4

A 1-star review by 'Haarts complaint' 16/9/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Too much went wrong to detail so here is it in note form. I am a Landlord, I have rented various properties for many years. This is what went wrong. Tenancy agreement inaccurate after three attempts, start date wrong, deposit wrong amongst other things and it still arrived late. Gas Cert not done, no follow up during seven weeks of waiting for tenant to move in. References incomplete, inventory clerk did not turn up, check in was not done as agent did not turn up. Agent forgot to take copy of tenancy agreement. Then agent took money from tenant for rent without their authorisation even though they had been told verbally and in writing with signed docs from landlord and tenant not to take it. 2 weeks after the moving in date the landlord has still not received any rent at all. Complaints have been ignored throughout. Escalated to Regional Manager who made a call to introduce themselves and then never came back to resolve problem as promised. Call made to Debbie, PA to Andrew Benn who took notes but still no result.

4. A 5-star review by 'Nettle' 10/9/2012

Branch:
    76 High Street (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Joshua Greenwood, Nick Loates

Joshua GreenwoodNick Loates

The service provided by Josh, Nick and Marita has been faultless. Having previously had a very bad experience with another local agent (the whole chain collapsed on the day of exchange) I was under the impression that all agents were the same – and only in it for their own self gain. How wrong I was! I have never felt pressurised by any of them –in fact the 3 of them have always been very accommodating to my needs. They have always behaved very professionally and have also been very empathetic and supportive towards my personal situation – which during this very stressful period in my life has been enormously helpful. I would thoroughly recommend them!

5. 4

A 1-star review by 'lee' 5/9/2012

Branch:
    73 High Street (Burnham) (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

As an investment buyer I viewed a property with Haart back in June 2012 and put in an offer within a few days which was accepted by the vendor. The understanding I had from the estate agent was due to the vendor already missing out on a house he wanted to buy due to not having sold his house. The vendor was advised he should complete the purchase quickly, move out and become a cash buyer.

On this basis I paid a mortgage arrangement fee and to date NOTHING. Andrew Jones is always out of the office, I leave messages with his colleagues, but he rarely returns my calls. Recently he has stopped altogether. I am now out of pocket and have no idea what is actually going on !

6. 9

A 1-star review by 'Stressed out :-(' 31/8/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Recently went through Haart's to rent a flat. At first they seemed helpful and friendly, then once the holding fee was paid they couldn't have cared less. Eventually all reference checks were completed and i was contacted to settle my outstanding payment. Again they were keen to get my money but not to do much else. The morning i was due to cllect the keys i was informed they did not have them, eventually they admitted to having a spare key and i got into my new home only to be met by filth and broken fixtures. I was unable to move my belongings in as the place was so dirty. After... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  7. View All Comments (1)by Lucylu  11/03/2013

I am thinking of using them to let my house , but after reading this comment i have to think twice now
  8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Loobyloo' 28/8/2012

Branch:
    3-4 Kings Parade, High Street (Ashford) (Kent)
    Matthew

Matthew

I found Matthew and Dan in haart of Ashford very helpful indeed, they listened to my needs and understood what i required from a property. They didn't have anything on the market that fitted my criteria for the time being but I have been in regular contact with Dan, who has always sent me over details of new properties that fit my criteria! The guys down there have been a breath of fresh air and not your 'typical estate agents' who seem to listen and react rather than push and shove!! I would definately recommend haart of Ashford to anybody!!

9. 6

A 1-star review by 'xiaoyi' 26/8/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Created a phantom bidder against me in order to try to up my bid price. Lied about many issues relating to the property. Told me that they didn't have the correct paperwork for the house so that I couldn't move in on time. Told me that they would ring me back with utilities details and then promptly went on holiday. Furious.

10. 4

A 1-star review by 'dave-o99' 15/8/2012

Branch:
    143-145 Hoe Street (Walthamstow) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Do not pay the marketing charge!
    Haart were useless. They brought round 4 people during the 16 weeks of our contract. When the contract ended they demanded that we pay £150 + VAT as a "Marketing charge". They threatened us with court.
    I told them basically "bring it on" and quoted the CTCCR. They eventually chickened out and dropped the case. It was nothing more than an attempt to intimidate us.
    So, do not use Haart to sell your house. If you are already with them, do NOT pay the hidden "marketing charge".

11. A 5-star review by 'Jackie mann' 13/8/2012

Esta Wilson

We knew that selling our late father's house was going to be very emotional as it had always been a very happy family home with lovely memories, more than 40 years worth of memories. However, we turned to Esta Wilson at Haart in Crystal Palace to help us. It took a little while for the house to sell, through minor complications, but we cannot fault the professionalism of Esta. Even lending a sympathetic ear when needed. Through the whole process we were constantly being kept up to date which meant a great deal to us. We got the best possible price for the house through Esta's negotiating. Thank you.

1. 4

A 1-star review by 'Kat' 2/8/2012

Branch:
    193 Wokingham Road (Earley) (Berkshire)
    David Brownbill

David Brownbill

I had a few brief chats with David regarding my property that he had seen me advertise on Gumtree. We discussed the packages that he had on offer but that was it. 2 days later I found my property being advertised by them on Right move using my pictures from gumtree. This was done with out my permission or go ahead. Nothing had been discussed about instructing them. I am really annoyed and think that it was totally unprofessional.

2. 7

A 1-star review by 'YoungMan' 29/7/2012

Branch:
    6 Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Since we have moved in I had a few issues, which are highly effected on my bills. I reported all these issues, but the problems were never been fixed.
    I was waiting 3 months to get a key for the cellar where the electricity meter is, I have got an estimated bill for £500 pounds, because I didn't have access to read my meter.
    Before we moved in they called me in every hour to get the money sorted, so to pay the deposit and all the rest, so it seemed that we were very important for them...after we moved in, they just didn't care.
    Unfortunately I can't say any positives about their services.

3. 2

A 5-star review by 'RED' 25/7/2012

Esta Wilson

From start to finish Esta Wilson was professional, friendly, helpful and totally on the ball - but never pushy. In short Esta, you are a STAR and I'd use you again any time.

4. 5

A 1-star review by 'Nicholas Martin' 14/7/2012

Branch:
    18 - 20 Head Street (Colchester) (Essex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Dreadful service all round. Local agent poor but customer service at Colchester about as bad as it could be.
    Have now given them notice. Liz Nelson - all your promises have come to nothing.
    No communication, excessive quotations for works, incorrect inventory reviews, constant changing of contact names, no follow up on rent arrears. Very expensive.
    I haven't got a good word to say about any of them apart from Shirley Gibb who seems to run the Weston office. Her manager, Morgan Wilson seems to be in constant meetings, on leave, or training. Yep well I agree, training is urgently required but over four years I see very little evidence of it doing any good whatsoever.
    What really gets me though is their total inability to communicate. Constant chasing from ourselves and we live in Saudi Arabia! And quotes for repairs by their contractors. A rip off. Haarts seem unaware of what they are meant to be doing with quotations coming back to me that can be double what I eventually ended up paying when organised myself.

5. A 5-star review by 'Debbie Ower' 13/7/2012

Branch:
    29 Paris Street (Exeter) (Devon)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to thank Haart Estate Agents Exeter for their friendly and efficient service that we received from them.
    I have not singled out any one individual because everyone we spoke to was helpful and answered any questions we asked in a highly professional manner. Congratulations to them for selling our property much quicker than we thought possible. Many thanks to all of them.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jini Sanassy' 11/7/2012

Ricky Bashford, Maxine Kubik

Ricky BashfordMaxine Kubik

I recently sold my flat with Haart of Croydon and I must say Ricky, Maxine and Perry were an absolute pleasure to deal with. The team were effcient, friendly and supportive at all stages of the process. It really does make a difference to have agents with you who are solution orinentated. I felt they were on my side and fighting to get me the very best outcome.

I wouldnt hesitate in ringing Ricky when i sell my next property. In fact i know that i wouldnt trust anyone else.

7. A 5-star review by 'Katie Smith' 4/7/2012

Arran leggett, benjamin ballard

Arran leggettbenjamin ballard

It was my first time renting my property out as a landlord and as a result I was quite nervous and unsure of the process. I dealt with Arun, Ben, Ria and Sylwia all of which were extremely understanding, friendly and helpful and made the whole thing easy from start to finish. I felt Haart listened to me in respect of what kind of tenant would suit the property and I was very happy with the outcome. They were always on hand to answer my questions in a friendly and efficient manner. I also found their rates to be very competitive. I would have no hesitation in recommeding them either as a landlord or tenant,

8. A 4-star review by 'Rahil' 4/7/2012

Arran leggett

Arran leggett

Arran found me a tenant in no time at all and was very helpful in setting up the tenancy. he gave me a very good deal as well which pursuaded me to switch from another estate agency to Haart.

He is definitely an asset to the company.

9. A 5-star review by 'Qaisra Dhillon' 4/7/2012

Sales (as a Buyer)

Perry Rose

Home is where the heart is or shall I say Haart......!
    Something I truly detest in life is wasting the time as it is precious and never returns. When I spoke to Perry and he fixed an appointment for me to meet Lee, I knew that my time will be valued exactly the way I like it. The perception that was shown by these gentlemen of what exactly my family and I needed and /or wanted is impeccable. They found me the home of my dreams with a week. Yes, believe it.........within a week.

Three months later we moved and not a single day goes by without me appreciating their passion and dedication to get you what you want. And everyday when I see my children enjoying the home, where they are going to spend their precious childhood and grow up before their wings will dry, I say a small prayer, "Bless my Haart". With Love.

10. A 5-star review by 'ProspectiveLL' 3/7/2012

Branch:
    130 Union Street (Torquay) (Devon)
    Jodie

Jodie

I called the Torquay office this morning to discuss renting out my property. I was put through to Jodie who was informative and friendly and after a morning of speaking to other agents who were not friendly, imformative or as enthusiastic as Jodie it really was a breath of fresh air!

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'James' 30/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Actually appalled by this estate agent. 0 stars. Put an offer in for a house and they added £10000 onto the value of the offer. Use these if you want to be taken advantage of.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“I think that the estate agent in question need to use honesty and integrity. Do not sell or buy a property with these.”

2. 4

A 1-star review by 'ph1l' 27/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have in the past purchased properties from Haart and not had any problems, so it was natural to use Haart when i decided to let my property.

We decided to let as we want to explore a new area, before we buy. So we are also renting a property through Haart and can see everything from both sides and through different agents.

As a landlord they are terrible. They have actually proved themselves to be outright liars on multiple occasions.

The property was empty for a while between moving out and the tenants moving in. They didn't do the inventory or gas inspection during this time as... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They agent is bad I would never consider using them again. Ive given them opportunity over and over again to put things right. But then as soon as anything needs doing it goes back to the same old ways.”

3. 5

A 1-star review by 'NotgoodHaart' 26/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Firstly, the viewing of the house was late and we were not informed so we waited outside the house at 9.30am for over half an hour when we had travelled for over 4 hours to get to the viewing. The agent who did the viewing was very nice however we were told on the day of move in that he had actually left the company so all the email enquiries i had sent had basically been ignored.

The agent we were passed onto had never seen the house before and when we got to the house- it was dirty, it had not been cleaned for us at all and the curtain/blinds were hanging off, the cracks and banisters... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Dealt with all the issues as soon as we called them on the day of move in- or even if they had checked the house before we moved in they would have noticed these issues.”

4. 2

A 4-star review by 'phil' 26/6/2012

Branch:
    76 High Street (Slough) (Buckinghamshire)
    Joshua Greenwood, Marita De Morgan

Joshua GreenwoodMarita De Morgan

Haart were one of three estate agents who I had to value my property with a view to selling it. Josh Greenwood was my first point of contact and came to the house to conduct the valuation. All three agents valued the property at the same amount, so I was left with judging who I thought was the most professional, and whom I thought would sell my house for the best price with the least headaches. I chose Josh because of the afore memtioned reasons.
    The house was placed on the market within a few days of our first meeting, and attracted a purchaser during the first weekend of viewings, after... (read more)

5. 3

A 2-star review by 'Denis Phelan' 26/6/2012

Branch:
    30 Queens Street (Maidenhead) (Slough) (Berkshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Even though I used the most expensive agents in Maidenhead, I thought I would get a better service so was happy initially. Getting clients through the door was pretty good but once I accepted an offer all works stopped as far as the agents were concerned. I had to ring constantly, I sent several emails to see what was happening and did not get any response. This was the manager who just dodged any conversations when there were awquard questions to be answered.I treatened to take the property off the market which still did not focus them and then, 3 weeks later, through my solicitors website,... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“When I went with the agent I said I needed phone calls and updates all along the way. Their solicitors were totally inactive as far as progress was concerned. Haart could get different solicitors who are working with them and will keep people up to date. They also need to monitor the solicitors to see they are keeping \'Haart\'s clients\' happy and informed.”

6. 4

A 2-star review by 'Melpomene' 19/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I called several times attempting to make an appointment to view the property. Originally we had an appointment, which was cancelled 30minites beforehand, as they had not managed to contact the current tenant. I rearranged. This appointment was cancelled for the same reason. I rearranged, and called the evening before to confirm that the viewing would go ahead. "Our lettings team is busy at the moment, I just need to speak to my colleague and someone will call you back." No call back, until the next morning, 1hr before the appointment, to cancel the viewing. At least I got an... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“If they had actually had the courtesy to call me when they said they would, or work a little harder to contact the current tenant then I wouldn\'t be so annoyed.”

7. 2

A 1-star review by 'Mrs Anwar' 19/6/2012

Branch:
    141/143 George Lane (South Woodford) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

An overall appalling service from this branch of Haart. We put in an offer for a beautiful flat. We did have a bit of a slow start to kicking off the process but once we got started, we were keen to move in. Constantly we were nagged on a weekly basis from the agent with regards to our progress, if they couldn't get through to us, then they would badger my solicitor. Yet they refused to provide us with details that we required to get the ball rolling until we sent them a mortgage agreement!

We put up with a number of patronising phone calls whereby they always implied that it was our... (read more)

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'Robert D.' 13/6/2012

Branch:
    30 Queens Street (Maidenhead) (Slough) (Berkshire)
    Jasmine Semhi, Tracey Heyfield

Jasmine SemhiTracey Heyfield

Lease ran from October 2010 to May 2012.
    Never needed to deal with them after move in ... thank god!
    Provided proper notice.
    During the month of May 2012, per terms and conditions they were to provide a detailed explanation of any deductions from deposit. Nothing heard. I initiated. They cited that I had made an unauthorised improvement to the flat by installing some kind of light switch upgrade. Utter nonsense! But that's minor.
    Come 1 June, when deposit is legally required to be returned. NOTHING.
    No email replies. No phone calls returned.
    It is now the 13th June and I have fed every lie in the book. Then even sent some kind of internal document claiming the funds had been transferred. Rubbish.
    I have filed written complaints with TDS, my solicitor, Trading Standards and the press. Hopefully one or more of these organisations can lend a hand.
    IMO Haart are probably not singling me out and likely hold on to deposits routinely. Are there others out here with a similar experience?
    They need to be held accountable.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Refund owed monies on time and not violating the terms of their contract.”

9. 3

A 1-star review by 'Hector' 8/6/2012

John Fawcett

John Fawcett

We moved in and there were lots of pet hair in the house, we had to clean up the house entirely and the landlord let us a silicone pot to fix part of the bath and some taps that were a bit loose. After trying to contact Haart agents in 3 months, they finally came back with a reply, they want to deduct almost 400 GBP of my 1000 GBP deposit for fixing the loose taps that were already loose before we moved in. They are trying to rip us off... but we are not going to allow them. HAART is SHAMEFUL! Please DONT USE HAART for health safety reasons! I am currently (after 3 months) starting a formal complaint procedures. (BTW, before we moved in we had to pay twice the deposit otherwise they did not give us the house keys as the money transfer did not clear it out)

10. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Russell' 1/6/2012

Perry Rose

Haarts have provided us with an excellent service during the selling of our property. They are friendly and helpful and have always been prompt to respond. Maxine is great with viewings, helpful and friendly, Perry is positive and attentive and Rikki has been superb in negoctiating for us and providng excellent advice not only for the sale of our home but also in relating to our prospective purchase. We would highly recommend this team.

Page: