Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Get a Quote

Agent rating: 2.4 out of 5.0 based on 303 ratings. This website contains 300 user reviews of Haart.

Offices / Branches

• 106 recommend
  • 197 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Haart ... A dynamic and innovative estate agency that is part of Europe's largest independent estate agents. Buying, selling or just looking, we can help. Contact us to arrange a free valuation or discuss your circumstances and requirements.

Haart has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Haart, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a Quote

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 11)

Page last updated on: 16-Apr-2014 09:36:27

1. A 5-star review by 'Martin' 28/11/2011

17 Clapham Common Southside
    Gregg
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I've used Jackie Gregg at Haart Clapham to rent my property for the last 10 years. She's great - personable, reliable, with integrity. I highly recommend them.

2. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations Manager  01/12/2011

Martin than you for your lovely comments which are much appreciated. I will make sure the branch and their Divisional Director are aware.
  3. 10

A 1-star review by 'walden' 7/11/2011

55 Westow Hill Upper Norwood
    Would you use the agent again? No

Seems to be run by a bunch of complete incompetents who are incapable of even scheduling a viewing. No one knows what anyone else is doing and I spoke to the same idiot 6 or 7 times, each time having to reintroduce myself. Avoid these clowns if you are remotely serious about finding a property with any efficiency.

4. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations Manager  01/12/2011

Hi Walden. I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like me to look into this for you please email the details to talk.to.us@haart.co.uk
  5. 10

A 1-star review by 'Dispondent...' 7/11/2011

775 Fishponds Road
    Would you use the agent again? No

Rented a property and paid 6 weeks' rent for the deposit - £969. Upon vacating the property we were told everything was in order except the carpets which were quite dirty. Explained this had been the case when renting the property as evidenced by the ingoing inventory report which cited "need propfessional clean" next to the carpet description. Also provided 6 emails which had been sent to the branch manager at the time specifically regarding the carpets. The branch manager and two agents at the office all left the company at the same time... This meant nobody knew about the issue... (read more)

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“The steps to a happier experience are very, very simple. Basic good manners. Treating people with common decency. Obeyng your own rules. Sticking to legally binding timelines. Upon trying to get the carpets cleaned or get information about whether or not we could clean them ourselves, all that happened were broken promises and constant direction to the agreement citing we took the property as seen, completely missing the point that we only wanted to know whether or not the landlady wnated them cleaned by a professional or was happy for us to do it. Upon moving out, nobody stayed in touch with us. We were left to do all the chasing. Property management told us the branch would clsoe everytning off. We were never told the case had been passed back to property management, had to discover this ourselves. As far as PM goes, the case handler completely ignored all attempts to direct her to the agreement and the 10 days which had lapsed many times over. Even at 24 days in to the process she was still not providing a figure or any reason why the rest of the money had not yet been returned. Breaking their own rules all over the place and leaving us stuck without 969 pounds of our money which, after 10 days, became ours legally again as nothing had been adivsed in terms of witholding anything. There is a process there so I cannot recommend putting that in place, simply training the staff to be aware of this and be professional in their treatment of people would be enough.”

6. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations Manager  01/12/2011

Dear Dispondent. I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like me to look into this for you please email the details to talk.to.us@haart.co.uk
  7. 4

A 1-star review by 'Rob' 1/11/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Haart informed me when putting the property on the market that there would be a 150 pound fee plus VAT if we were to take the property off the market within the first 16 weeks that their sole selling rights agreement. We double checked this with the agent before signing the contract.

Just over 16 weeks later they had failed to get any offers at all and we decided to come off the market. Haart have proceeded to charge me the 180 pounds stating they will take legal action against me if I do not, and that I must pay them before any investigation by the Property Ombudsman could be completed.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest when selling the contract (in which case we would have gone with another agent) and investigated the complaint about the sale of the contract more thoroughly by looking into if any other people sold a contract at the same time as us by the same person had been misled rather than just saying it was our word against theirs and they would take us to court over it if we didn't pay them the money.”

8. View All Comments (2)by sadchris  28/11/2011

I have just recieved the same letter , phoning them was told this letter is sent out auto and she would see what she could do as i was upset even cryed telling her how can they do this as i had give notice as requested after 16 weeks, think they think they can get blood from a stone ! as i am on very low income bet they dont live on under 100 a week ! lets see sould have call from them today but reading coments im worried .
  9. A 5-star review by 'Andy' 26/10/2011

32-34 High Street
    Chris
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was extremely pleased with HAART lettings Sutton. I was having problems with my previous lettings agent who are second to useless. I was looking on the internet and had noticed that HAART were letting out property's fairly quickly. I phoned them up and spoke with Chris, he came around that very day and offered me a good rate and seemed polite and professional. I explained that I had paid a year upfront before with another agent and had got a really bad service.
    He told me that they would collect there fees as a percent month by month, which I thought was a much better idea. The team all... (read more)

10. View All Comments (2)by HAART HAART HAART HAART  28/10/2011

What is it about this company that even when they get a positive review you can't help think it's a bit suspicious......
  11. 2

A 1-star review by 'Mr Angry' 17/10/2011

117 High Street
    Would you use the agent again? No

OUTRAGEOUS! - £99 Sellers pack rip off..

I've noticed that many of the agents are doing this now, selling a service which should be included in the sales fee, it's outrageous, they are selling stuff to the vendors twice. The new SpicerHaart sellers pack cost £99 and incl;udes flolor plan, EPC and photos,m photos can you beleive it.Floor plans and photos should be included in 0.5% fee that they charge upon completion.
    What a scandal, you don't have to pay this, just say no, get the EPC cheap on the net and let the agents take the photos as they should.... What an utter rip off...

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Stop ripping off their customers..”

12. View All Comments (2)by Customer Relations Manager  02/11/2011

Dear Mr Angry I am sorry that you are unhappy with our PRIME product. For the fee you receive the following:- Know your neighbours local info Schools and education info Local planning applications Environmental information We instruct a conveyancer on your behalf Larger photos and a floorplan An EPC (EPCs are never usually freely provided without charge) Property in your area including Council Tax Bands 'Where's my nearest' info relating to health, travel, shopping, leisure and eating out Rightmove PREMIUM listing Rightmove featured property box In addition the information can now be linked to our site so that all prospective buyers can see this really useful info, an excellent tool for selling your home. For an online example of PRIME see here:- http://www.home-passport.com/application/assets/uploads/orders/complete/1568 Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to write to me at talk.to.us@haart.co.uk
  13. 3

A 1-star review by 'Angemm' 11/10/2011

293 Fleet Road
    Would you use the agent again? No

1)The lied to us that the property had gas whereas it turned out be that it had only electric heaters.

2)Very poor service in answering queries.

3)They didn't make sure the flat was in good condition & clean before moving in which was promised initially.

4)They send us only a contract signed by us & not the landlord.

Generally very bad service , careless.

14. View All Comments (2)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

Hi there. I'm sorry that you have been unhappy with the service delivered by haart. If you would like me to look into your complaint then please do email me the details to Debbie.webb@spicerhaart.co.uk mentioning 'AllAgents'.
  15. 1

A 1-star review by 'A landlord who networks' 6/10/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

1. Agent agreeded a new moving in date without telling us and we lost a month rent.

2,. Premium listing had one sentence in description, 3 photos one so blurry you couldn,t see the edges of the sink in the kitchen

3 Failed to answer calls or emails

4. Didn't tell cleaning company it was 3 storey

5. Wouldn't fix wall damage

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Given me the management service that I was paying for.”

16. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

17. 4

A 1-star review by 'Woo' 4/10/2011

15 Commercial Road
    Would you use the agent again? No

When attempting to sell a property with Haart I asked what the fees were and the agent forgot to the mention the marketing fee!
    The property was over valued and after the 16 week period we removed from the market only to recieve an invoice marked paid for the £180 marketing fee! They had kept my credit card details taken over the phone for an energy survey!

I questioned this with the nice lady from their customer services dept who said that she at least expected their customers to read the first page of the contract. The trouble is it is written to imply that that this would be charged if the agreement is terminated early, or at least that's how both myself and my wife read it. In fact it applys if the agreement is EVER terminated.

I have bought and sold many properties and would NEVER use Haart again and plan to take CC action against them. Interestingly I have in writing from Haart that they only charge this fee if they fail to sell the property. In effect a fine against the vendor for Haart's failings and something I'm sure the judge would like to see.

18. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

Hi there. I'm sorry that you have been unhappy with the service delivered by haart. If you would like me to look into your complaint then please do email me the details to talk.to.us@haart.co.uk mentioning 'AllAgents'.
  19. 4

A 1-star review by 'Dan' 28/9/2011

1) We had no offers in 16+ weeks of viewings
    2) We did majority of the viewings especially on a Friday night
    4) Non arranged viewings turned up

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“We used Haart to try and sell our property. We were bitterly disappointed with the level of service provided. What frustrated us the most were: 1) We had no offers in 16+ weeks of viewings 2) We did majority of the viewings especially on a Friday night 3) The majority of people turned up had no idea about the property, had no details 4) Non arranged viewings turned up 5) They have now requested after ending the 16 week contract that we pay them £150 + VAT for services I completely reject point 5. I do not know how that can expect to charge me for such a poor service. I will go forward and recommend that Haart are never used by anyone. It was never explained to us at the signing of the contract, I feel like this is a hidden fee in which they attempting to force us to pay.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (6) Feature This Review
  20. View All Comments (6)by mandyd5583  03/10/2011

Dan, have you been sent a county court claim form for the £150.00 + VAT? I have, I was told that this fee would only be payable if I terminated the contract within the 12 weeks period!!!! If you have been sent I did you defend it?? Thanks Mandy

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'dalkipurple' 27/9/2011

17 Clapham Common Southside
    Would you use the agent again? No

To start with, I wish this website has an option to allow people to rate this agency HALF a star!

The agents in the branch are rude, unprofessional and annoying.

I was forced to sign the contract with a landlord in CASH and Haart said they have no control over what the landlord request me to pay. They gave me 10 hours notice to take 2000 pounds cash and sign the contract. And after 3 weeks we handed in our references, we were not allowed to read the contract!!!

Never use it again. Staff are so unresponsive and rude! I got shouted for a few times for no reason!

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'CS' 14/9/2011

31 Bridge Road
    Would you use the agent again? No

Why do Haart Estate Agents OVER VALUE Properties ? I will tell you why, the negotiators get paid commission on every instruction they take on. I had a valuation done recently in Wembley and where all agents quoted a price of around £350k, Haart quoted £400k.

What Planet are they on ?

The whole Spicer Haart group should be ashamed of themselves as they encourage their staff to over value on the basis of slowly chipping away at vendors.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (4) Feature This Review
  3. View All Comments (4)by Dose of reality  23/09/2011

This is nonsense. Negotiators only get paid on properties that sell, not every instruction that gets taken on.
  4. 2

A 1-star review by 'Sue' 10/9/2011

143-145 Hoe Street
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Would you use the agent again? No

I bought a property with them and I have found them terrible. They are bullies and in my opinion, nobody should use their services. I bought a property through a developer and there are few mistakes in the house but they are not taking any responsibilities. If you want to buy a house in the area and the person is a developer, think twice!!!!!

5. A 5-star review by 'Steven F' 8/9/2011

76 High Street
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Joshua was friendly and efficient in arranging putting the house on the market and came across as far more genuine than the other agents I had around the value the property.

Nick did a great job in selling my property in, what seemed like, no time at all!

Alex was great at picking up what was happening when I phoned and Josh/Nick were out of the office.

Estate agents generally get a bad rap but considering the number of different parties involved they spend most of their time trying to chase others into moving the process along Haart did well. Only a few times did I need to phone to get an update. Most of the time I was kept well informed by the team.

6. 3

A 1-star review by 'russellScho' 7/9/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Haartless/gutless - By far the most incompetent bunch of twits I have ever dealt with.
    On initial meeting we were told Haarts fees are so high because they get results within 6 weeks.

Where do I start.
    We told them only to send people around that had either sold or were cash buyers.
    Viewing 1 - No show
    Viewing 2 - No show
    Viewing 3 - No show.

When I asked why the level of vetting was so poor I was told that they did not see a problem with 3 viewings in 2 months, with 3 no shows.

Miraculously, after complaining about the above we got 2 very quick viewings.
    Viewing 4 - They... (read more)

7. View All Comments (2)by unchained!  08/09/2011

As a former employee be warned, this is a company of sales people, customer service is only a dirty word muttered under their breath. It’s a business that lacks honour and founded on slight of hand. Incompetent to negligent is the only measuring stick!
  8. 3

A 1-star review by 'haartless' 31/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Judging by other reviews it seems that we have got off quite lightly, having only lost time and been inconvenienced, but that is before we have even signed any agreement!

Haarts sent us a postcard inviting us to consider selling our property through them. I checked out their website and through that applied for a free valation. Later that morning we received a telephone call and an appointment time for the valuation visit was agreed and settled for the following week A couple of hours later, I received a call from Haarts (don't know wether local branch or head office) and the chap said... (read more)

9. View All Comments (2)by Joey  06/10/2011

[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]] This is no suprise to me, I worked for this company. They are the most unprofessional 'shoot from the hip' organisation I have ever had the misfortune to work for. They have no idea about customer service, I must add through no fault of a lot of their staff, it is mainly through their dreadful systems and lack of a decent operating system. They are run by a total fool (Paul Smith) who seems so detached from reality he must dwell outside the solar system. Also what needs to be said: Felicity J Lord, Spicer's, Haart, Darlows, Haybrook their staff have very little... (read more)
  10. 3

A 1-star review by 'billy' 31/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

We thought that we would give Haarts a try . What a mistake that was. We were bullied and pressured into things that we didn't want to do. Then there is the hidden fee if they sell or not £180.00 These so called estate agents are nothing but a waste of time.
    I am telling as many people as i can not to use them.
    Also if somebody that they have introduced goes on to buy your property even in 10 years they want there fee.
    Please please read the small print.

11. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

12. 2

A 1-star review by 'nosale2010' 29/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Haart Peterborough contacted me saying they could sell my property as our current agents had not had one viewing in weekS. They managed to get me one viewing and a very low offer which was not feasible for us so we had to decline it. After that it seemed they lost interest and we had no more viewings, we then told them we wished to end the contract under the multi-agency agreement. They informed us that we were tied in for 16 weeks even though it was multi agency we had no choice. They were the only agents who seemed to have this clause in their contract as we had used a few others to try to sell.

At the expiration of the contract they sent us a letter and an invoice for £180!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I rang to say I could not pay it as I was now unemployed and my husband had a very low wage and we had a small baby, they told me I could pay in instalments and if I did not it would go to Legal. Not sure what to do now as I am totally distressed by these people!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  13. View All Comments (3)by Wes  10/09/2011

Don't pay, why should you... you wasn't happy with them so you find another agent Here's a short version of what happened to us.. We put our place on the market several years ago with a particular agent, we had to stay with the agent for 3 months (tied in). During that time I ended up going to see them several times to ask them what they were playing at (not many viewings and no feedback reports). They were pretty crap so at the end of the 3 months we dumped them and got another agent, we then like you received a bill for around £130+. I called them up and asked them what it was... (read more)
  14. 2

A 1-star review by 'Dave' 25/8/2011

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Would you use the agent again? No

Despite several requests, they still have our complete information on their systems 7 years after we made an enquiry about a house they were selling. In obvious violation of Data Protection law.

15. View All Comments (1)by TheTruth  11/08/2012

it is securely stored for future reference, it is not handed out to any third parties. clearly not in any violation of data protection laws.
  16. 2

A 1-star review by 'Debbie and Debs' 24/8/2011

15 Commercial Road

Branch at Stratton St Margaret Swindon
    Really disappointed at the deception we have experienced at the hands of Haarts. They really are just after your money and will use any means to get it, even if they don't do any actual work they will still find some way to charge you something in the end. We used them in conjunction with another estate agent (who were brilliant). When they were trying to get us to sign the contract they used lots of terms like 'no sale no fee'. They also made lots of promises about how many people they would get to view our house, whilst slagging off other estate... (read more)

1. 3

A 1-star review by 'andgry ealing' 19/8/2011

42 The Broadway
    Would you use the agent again? No

They are sharks, ruthless, vicious, unscrupulous, cheats, and very greedy. we are landlords and have been entred into a years contract under false information. they should be closed down.

“honesty”

2. View All Comments (2)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

Hi there. I'm sorry that you have been unhappy with the service delivered by haart. If you would like me to look into your complaint then please do email me the details to Debbie.Webb@spicerhaart.co.uk mentioning 'AllAgents'.
  3. 2

A 1-star review by 'BobD' 17/8/2011

141/143 George Lane
    Would you use the agent again? No

Hopeless! They approached me trying to get me to leave a more reliable agent. Their fees are very high and BEWARE the small print. They charge you £180 whether they sell the property or not. They managed to get just one viewing in 4 months. My other agent managed 6 viewings.
    Their standard of english in their adverts is terrible.
    Overall a thouroughly useless and reprehensible agent that borders on dishonest.
    As you will read many other people have formed that same view.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Got more viewings. Waived their dodgy charge.”

4. View All Comments (2)by Mr Kipper  19/08/2011

Ironically, the standard of English in your comment is terrible.
  5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Boothyjules' 16/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

If only I had found this website before we were conned into signing their contract. Avoid Haart Colchester at all costs, they are con artists and give estate agents a bad name. We agreed to them being the sole agent for our property and knocked down the commission rate to 1.5% totalling £3150.....so we thought. However what they didn't tell us was they were acting as sole selling agent which tied us in to 6 months after we cancelled the contract during the initial period. Also on the contract they did not alter the fee to show 1.5%. Ut wrote £3150 plus VAT which meant if we sold for less than £210000 we would still be paying the same commission thus not making it the agreed 1.5%. they never returned our phone calls and depending on who you spoke to you would get a different reply which went against their other staff.
    All I can say is do not trust these people and remember your statutory rights.

What could Haart do to change your mind??

“Been honest from the start and explain the different terms in the contract”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (3)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'mick' 9/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I discovered that the standing order for my rent had not been processed, so contacted them immediately and paid by phone. I received a written receipt and a new form. A week later I received a letter threatening legal action and that they had notified the landlord that I was in arrears. I'm waiting to see whether they will send a full written apology.

“be competent”

8. 3

A 1-star review by 'Thoroughly Disappointed' 7/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Please note: to the best of my ability I will try to make this review fair and impersonal. However, it is bad experience that prompted it.

When we decided to take on Haart (Sutton branch) as lettings managers for our property, it was solely because we bought the property from Haart and the agent assured us that the excellent customer service we received from him (Haart Wimbledon sales), would be continued by his colleagues. Although we had better offers in terms of rate, recommendations are always better and we decided to go with Haart.

Management of rental income.

At the start of... (read more)

9. View All Comments (2)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

10. 1

A 1-star review by 'Alice' 1/8/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Do NOT let from haart, staff are rude and unhelpful. Lady I dealt with was unreachable and she made mistakes with my application form and only bought them up a week before move in date. Meaning I had to travel 100 miles to deal with them. Waste of petrol. Completely her fault, no apology.

Absolutely useless. AVOID

11. 2

A 1-star review by 'notahappybunny' 30/7/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Told me that they have a right to come into my home with 24 hours notice if I liked it or not, since found out that this is unlawful. They also have unfair terms in their contracts that the office of fair trading say are unenforceable. In all if we complied with all the conditions they want for check out it would cost us about £800 and considering the deposit is £975 I really can't win, they have also advised that they will charge me £50 per hour + vat if they have to over see any dilapidations. The staff appear to be uneducated about anything to do with tennents rights instead assuming that they have none and this is evident in both their attitude and their contacts that contain unfair terms . Beware of agreeing to a £175 check out fee when signing with them. If Signing with this agency request a copy of the tennecy agreement in advance so you can review the terms and get any unfair thus unenforceable ones removed as this will save you having to endure their scaremongering when you vacate the property.

12. View All Comments (2)by Customer Relations  13/10/2011

13. 2

A 1-star review by 'Hollie' 27/7/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I was interested in viewing a flat, so arranged with Kelly to go there. She lazily got out her car and walked over to the door, gave the key a wiggle and stated it didnt work but I should feel free to look in the windows. The first phone call I had with her she said there were two flats in the building, one for £600 and one for £625. I asked to view the cheaper of the two and she also mentioned it had a bigger bedroom. When we finally got shown there no no mention of the cheaper flat being available and she also lied and said the more expensive one had a bigger bedroom. I was dubious... (read more)

14. View All Comments (2)by steve  12/09/2011

Which office was this? Hemel Hempstead?
  15. 3

A 1-star review by 'Mr Frustrated' 25/7/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I have a number of comments to make about Haart, and none of them good:
    1. They charged me £180 for marketing my flat, without making this clear at all when I signed the contract. I gave notice after the period they had marketed the property for, and they still charged me. There is no mention of this charge on their website.
    2. The agent in charge, Martin Lawes, failed to secure many viewings and failed to sell the flat. He struck me as particularly uninspiring and uncharismatic so didn't really surprise me I suppose.
    3. They were terrible at returning calls, and didn't reply to any of my emails.

Overall I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

16. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations Manager  05/08/2011

Hi there. I'm sorry that you have been unhappy with the service delivered by haart. If you would like me to look into your complaint then please do email me the details to melanie.smith@spicerhaart.co.uk mentioning 'AllAgents'.
  17. 1

A 1-star review by 'Tung' 19/7/2011

Conveyancing

About Haarts of Harrow

Though I've not been stung badly by this agent, they did sell a property I had placed an offer for without notifying me first. One small phone call. And I wouldn't have been writing this.

In fact, that's not a big deal, except that prior to that, they requested I go to their office for a "meeting", though wouldn't say what it was for. They gave the impression that it would "help" the offer.

Turns out they sold the property midday of the day of the meeting, but still allowed me to waste my time turning up to their office, only to meet a... (read more)

18. View All Comments (1)by Customer Relations Manager  05/08/2011