Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Looking for a job in the property industry/ | allAgents Property Jobs

Freshwater Property Management

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 63 ratings. This website contains 62 user reviews of Freshwater Property Management.

Filter Reviews

• 61 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Freshwater Property Management is currently unavailable.

Freshwater Property Management has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Freshwater Property Management, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 24-Jul-2014 15:06:43

1. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Keith Harrington' 9/5/2014

le4
    Not applicable

Freshwater are terrible agents they have charged me over the odds for years in 2010 they sent me a letter telling me that the fencing around my property would be done in three stages over three years
    it is now 2014 and I've been told that the third stage will now be done next year in 2015

“Listened to me”

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'Dave' 5/5/2014

b24
    Not applicable

They are the worst company ever. It took us a court case and 3 years to extend our lease. they just kept asking for more more more. rude and unhelpful staff; unreasonable fees to let out your own property; 130 pounds just to answer the most basic of lease questions; rude letters asking for general cash for repairs our ground rent should have paid; demands we change our door at huge expense from us; rude threatening letters to everyone in the block just because one person dropped some litter; sarcastic phone answerers (that's all they did- no one there has ever helped anyone in any capacity). There was probably much more but we escaped. Everyone in our block hated them. Never go anywhere near them. This review is much nicer than it should be.

3. 3

A 1-star review by 'Dan' 29/4/2014

SM3
    Not applicable

We have had a ‘historic leak’ in our shop for a very long time, I have phoned and emailed Freshwater regarding the leak on several occasions with no avail. I would NOT even recommend this company to my worst enemy (if I had one!). The fire exit to the rear of our property is falling away from the building and should be condemned – very dangerous in my opinion for the tenants in the flats above us (in an emergency) and in a state of panic. They call them self a ‘property management company’ but could not manage a p*** up in a brewery. I think they should be shut down… Come on people read the reviews above from independent people, the question you have to ask yourself is. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO USE THEM!!! If I see the word Daejen Holdings or Freshwater Property Management on a lease I know to run 501 miles! If you look up Freshwater in the dictionary it stands for a load of s***. Thanks Freshwater and Daejen for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“Answer emails / phone back after logging a complaint... Terrible service”

4. 2

A 1-star review by 'skrufreshwarts' 6/4/2014

B23
    Not applicable

This company manages my building and the maintenance of the building is average. They have charged legal costs to my service charge account which I refused to pay and they have taken me to court. Freshwater are b*****s hiding behind an unfair lease contract and with a smarmy bunch of lawyers on their side. They will spend thousands to recover a couple of hundred of pounds then charge it to the owner of the flat.
    Everybody should buy the freehold on their flats and kick out this useless, overcharging maintenance company.

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“They could do their job and stop bullying me into paying excessive charges and totally unnecessary legal costs.”

5. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Suzan' 13/3/2014

HA9
    Not applicable

The worst experience of my life. The property had damp and mold issues. After several complaints and emails requested them to rectify and solve the problem, no action was taken. When decided to vacate the property, they did not provide the reference confirmation upon several requests made by me and by the new letting agency. I would like to highlight that they had never problems with me not paying the rent, all the bank statements are the proof plus the several emails I have archived asking them to maintain the property and resolve the mold problem. This is definitely not the kind of treatment and service I deserved!!!!

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“Respond to my requests, maintain the property and provide a fair service, send me my reference confirmation to the new letting agency instead of pushing my buttons and achieved to get to the point where I will escalate my problems to a higher level.”

6. 5

A 1-star review by 'jim101' 29/10/2013

SE19
    Not applicable

Utterly terrible. Company based purely around turning a profit with total disregard to clients. I would give them a negative score if I could.

Word of advice never believe anything they say to you, and if they tell you something make sure you get it in writing because it will come back to bite you.

7. 6

A 1-star review by 'Sick&tired' 26/10/2013

KT3
    Not applicable

Cannot believe I have put up with this nonsense for 30 years!! These people have charged me at least £40,000 in that time for essential work and excess service charges? When quizzed about these excess charges you receive the usual response - NONE. It's pay up or we will take you to court. So unless you have a spare £25,000 plus to fight back what option is there. Looked into possibility of extending lease 5 years ago and was quoted £22,000! a little to much. So people the moral of the story is - don't touch these people with a bargepole.

8. 5

A 1-star review by 'N.Sharp' 15/7/2013

Kt6
    Not applicable

Agree entirely with all the previous comments. We came back to find the cupboard where our consumer unit is located had been locked. Tried contacting them on several occasions and was informed that someone would come round and unlock it. Three weeks later and it's still locked, I'm sorry angry have now involved the ombudsman to review their practices hopefully they'll soon realise that running a racket isn't going to cut it for much longer!

9. 8

A 1-star review by 'Very angry!' 11/7/2013

W2
    Not applicable

Freshwater Property Management currently manages the property I reside in and the building next door. They are currently doing building works at Burnham Court (W2) and as a result of that work, I have found out they disposed of my new bike without my knowledge! Apparently they put up notices and sent all residents notification of the need to remove their bikes but this information was not received (we never saw any communication about this). Several other residents I am told have returned from holiday etc and have found their bikes have also been dumped. It seems that any bikes that were left on the racks were cleared to make way for their trucks and building equipment, etc. Unbelievable! To say that I am fuming about this would be a severe understatement! So angry!

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“This negative experience has marred my opinion of this company and as a result, I would never knowingly use them if I had a choice.”

10. 11

A 1-star review by 'hof100' 30/5/2013

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    NW4
    Not applicable

I totally agree with all the comments on here. For years leaseholders at Burnham Court, Brent Street, Hendon were ripped off by Freshwater and got zero maintenance in return. As a result, someone fell through our fire escape stairs and was quite seriously injured. Freshwater then tried to charge us an extortionate amount for new fire escapes for teh whole block despite having pocketed our money without maintaining them in the first place. We also had problems with our block boiler breaking down every few weeks with no sense of urgency by Freshwater to get it repaired given it was winter. ... (read more)

11. View All Comments (3)by Si  29/04/2014

Interesting, thinking of buy to let in the block. The Freshwater thing completely puts me off. I was told by an agent that Freshwater still manage the block (in addition to owning the freehold) is this the case? What are the service charges like realistically say over a few years with all these added legal costs - what could one expect to pay on average?

1. 6

A 1-star review by 'Paul' 13/5/2013

SE23
    Not applicable

Well, I'm glad that's over.

I've sold my flat in Taymount Grange now and will soon never have to deal with Freshwater again. Both in buying, leaseholding and finally in selling, my experience is that they are exceedingly slow, their bills are very very high in comparison to others and they are very difficult to work with.

Having Freshwater or any of the other group companies associated with any property I wanted to deal with in future would put me off entirely. I would not recommend having anything to do with them in any way.

Taymount Grange SE23 in Forest Hill for example,... (read more)

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“Root and branch reform of your business. Update yourselves to serve your customers and you\'ll probably make more money...”

2. 9

A 1-star review by 'DisgruntledofKent' 30/1/2013

DA1
    Not applicable

It is unbelievable that a London based company, in this day and age, can operate as badly as these folks do.
    They are little more than a specter whose list of increasingly baffling charges arrive once a month on your doorstep.
    They have literally no channels of communication. If you write to them, nothing. If you fax them, nothing. If you call them, no one answers. They do not have an email address. REPEAT. THEY DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS!
    They seem to have zero interest in anything other than extracting the maximum amount of money from their clients.
    Someone else on here described them as Dickensian. That is stunningly accurate.
    DO NOT USE!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  3. View All Comments (1)by carpenterg  30/12/2013

I used to work there. Just add the persons name then @highdorn.co.uk Every single person who works there has an email address.
  4. 8

A 1-star review by 'fedupwithfreshwater' 5/1/2013

W14
    Not applicable

Freshwater are less than useless and you can never get a straigh answer from anyone - I am still waiting for a reply to a letter sent 9 September 2012....that said they are very quick to harrass and bully you for excessive charges which I'm not entirely sure are totally legit as they are summarized in a typed A4 sheet with no copies of receipts - all very dubious. They simply do not understand that basic maintenance is far cheaper than emergency remedial works to properties and our building is in a very sorry state. However someone sent me this link today which has cheered me up no end and speaks volumes about Freshwater http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/local-news/residents-overcharged-for-flats-maintenance-1-3632470 I will let you draw your own conclusions

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“totally alter their customer service and adopt a more professional, transparent and more ethical approach when dealing with leaseholders who effectively are the one\'s stumping up considerable fees to freshwater. Also take a pro-active approach to maintaining buildings rather than having to be asked to do something by residents who then have to endure lengthy delays to see if anything is done.....they are positively mickey mouse”

5. 8

A 1-star review by 'Julie' 4/1/2013

Property Management
    CT9
    Not applicable

Sadly can only re-iterate the other reviews on Freshwaters or one of their many subsidiaries inadequately explained excess charges and the run down condition of the 18 storey block in which I reside. Thanet District Council is our Superior Landlord therefore have a moral if not legal responsibility to oversee the 199 lease they handed over to Freshwaters in 1960's is adhered to. Constantly battling with this company makes for an uncomfortable insecure life which is in contrast my entitlement of a peaceful life.

6. 17

A 1-star review by 'Noel' 22/11/2012

N12
    Not applicable

Freshwater? More like Pond Scum. I had dealings with these money-grabbers as a leaseholder of an apartment in North London. Their objective seems to be to squeeze the maximum amount of money from their tenants for the least amount of effort.

Most of the time they fail miserably to carry out essential maintenance and repairs on their properties, and when they do get around to carrying out any work, tenants can expect exhorbitant service charge bills, for instance, they installed new windows in our complex and the resulting service charge bill fo a one-bedroom apartment was up by £13k,... (read more)

7. 11

A 1-star review by 'Letsgetjustice' 9/11/2012

Not applicable

People have suffered enough from these money grabbing awful people. Freshwater have no interest in the properties they own, they have no interest in their tenants, their only interest is in using the current legislation to extract and extort maximum monies from innocent people. We are personally being charged thousands of pounds annually with little justification. Freshwater have many disgruntled tenants/leaseholders all over UK and collectively we can bring Freshwater to justice. Please email us and together we can make a difference! Please email me on justiceagainstfreshwater@yahoo.co.uk

8. 13

A 1-star review by 'LSF' 14/7/2012

Not applicable

I am investigating a lease extension for my mother who is elderly and has been in hospital for six months and is now back home. Her lease has 21 years remaining on a flat that she bought back in 1980 of which the Landlords are Freshwater. I have sought advice and from what I understand the battle my Mother would have with Freshwater would not be something she is well enough or willing to undertake. The remaining lease will hopefully cover my Mother's lifespan. However, after that time, myself and my brother will be left with a millstone around our necks, so we are looking into how to... (read more)

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“Relate to those they deal with as human beings with compassion and as if they were their mother, son or daughter - would they want their nearest and dearest to be dealt with in the same way? What goes around comes around after all.”

9. View All Comments (3)by Letsgetjustice  09/11/2012

10. 8

A 1-star review by 'sanmon999' 22/3/2012

Not applicable

We were shown the house by an agent from Spencers in Woodford Green who didn't even take us to the garden. The house was still undergoing major works but assured it would be ready by moving in day (in 5 days time). When we moved in the carpet was replaced with a cheap, brownish thin one with paint drippings all over, leaving a gap between floors and walls of about 2cm, which means chilly drafts in winter and creepy crawlies in summer, in places you could actually see outside!!! One of the bedroom has rising damp throughout the winter forcing us (3 of us!) to sleep in only one bedroom! Of... (read more)

What could Freshwater Property Management do to change your mind??

“they should provide a finished property where you can actually live in, not in a shelter fixed by cheap, dubious and amateur contractors whose only aim is to finish quickly using the cheapest materials around. totally painful!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (8) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (8)by sanmon999  27/03/2012

The new person (a girl in her 20s) responsible for the house paid us a visit, we presented a list of things to do, she accused us to be PICKY, took the list, left without saying goodbye or if she will contact us. Had to call her in the office 4 days after, no surveyor was as yet contacted to come and take a look at the house. these people are chair-warmers and that's all! i would urge for an investigation on these dodgy money-grabbers.
  12. 20

A 1-star review by 'WornoutLeaseholder' 23/2/2012

Ian Lew Mr Harper
    Not applicable

Our block was managed by Freshwater from the 1960s onwards. The block was left in an awful state of disrepair until around 2001 (just after I bought my flat) and they started to do remedial works for which they overspecified, overcharged, wangled contracts with their usual list of 3 preferred suppliers, and generally drove us mad.
    I extended my lease in 2005 and they were very aggressive, forcing me to nearly go to the LVT to get them to admit to anything like a reasonable price, when most landlords would have made a reasonable settlement.
    We have just taken over the management and they were highly obstructive with providing necessary information for the transfer. Have nothing, nothing, nothing to do with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  13. View All Comments (2)by alphy  26/07/2012

why don't we all get together nationwide and find a solution for this ,especially this management company needs to be completely banned .I am just like you ,we all are fighting the case now. Alphy
  14. 14

A 1-star review by 'Victor' 17/2/2012

Not applicable

Terrible, arrogant, un helpful and crooked. I cannot make any one understand how bad they are. They act like a bunch of characters from a Dickensian novel.Avoid.

1. 9

A 1-star review by 'Katy' 21/1/2012

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Not applicable

This is the worst company! Please check the freeholder before you buy a property! They are so rude, wont do anything if you have a problem!
    Cant wait to sell my flat and buy a new one, but not with them!
    Hate them sooooooooo much!

2. 7

A 1-star review by 'Gal01' 22/12/2011

Not applicable

We moved in their property 9 months ago. There has been a water leak since. We have informed them in writing on several ocassions but there has been no movement. Few days ago there was a heavy water leak from the above flat. We were covering our stock when a big portion of ceiling collapsed on a staff member. He was taken to hospital but HEIGHT OF NEGLIGENCE that no one from that company rang us to show their concerns. Everyone says to sue this company, after reading everyones reviews I dont think we can ever win.. Dont know what to do as 80% of our stock got ruined.

3. 11

A 1-star review by 'PEB' 2/10/2011

They manage our estate
    Not applicable

Freshwater consistently invoice for non existent services. They say work is done when it is not. They charge extortionate prices for work that is carried out. They never respond to letters/ phone calls / emails.
    It is impossible to resolve queries, dispute charges or discuss bad workmanship with them as they just ignore you.
    Most people unfortunate enough to own a leasehold property with Freshwater have been ripped off for years.
    A group of us are currently trying to generate media interest, as to thoroughly investigate this dubious company. I advise anyone in dispute with them to put everything in writing and keep it, as their day in the media spotlight will surely come!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (10) Feature This Review
  4. View All Comments (10)by Gal01  09/01/2012

Hi, Can you please get intouch with us. We are facing similar problems and are collecting evidence from everyone. What is the best way to get contact eachother. This will work well for all of us. PLease do not ignore this. Makny thanks!!!
  5. 6

A 1-star review by 'Simon' 26/9/2011

Not applicable

Absolutely agree with all the comments on here... but don't know how to do anything/who to speak to about what rights we have. We really don't want to manage the property ourselves, just have a basic level of ok service for a fair price. I am trying to stick the forum rules, but they are utterly appalling.

We've tried to be patient and open with them, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Maybe as a group we could get somewhere?

6. 9

A 1-star review by 'kev' 26/8/2011

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Not applicable

The worst services /management company i have ever had to deal with . Dont do anything about anything - they take your money for service charges and when you have something to report they sit back on it and you have to constantly chase them. No one takes any responsibilty for anything and just keep fogging you off with excuses and blaming the owners as if everything is there fault!
    Block of 12 flats - had £80,000 wrth of work done to the building - company that did it did worst then good for most of the work! Just slapped a bit of paint on and ended up blocking my boiler pipe so boiler stopped working, when they were quried about it, they said not us! Incredibe!
    Stay away from them, - something must be able to be doen to stop them gettign away with all this!

7. 4

A 1-star review by 'concerned' 16/8/2011

Not applicable

Does this mean they may go bust?

8. 10

A 1-star review by 'never again' 12/8/2011

Not applicable

After years of frustration about their poor service and excessive charges we jointly with all other leaseholders exercised our Right To Manage. However, 8 months after transferring the management to a new agent, we are still battling to get a response from Freshwater to transfer monies being held by them belonging to the leaseholders. They ignore correspondence from our solicitor and continue to send demands for maintenance charges they are no longer responsible for. This company is a joke, totally unprofessional and unscrupulous.

9. 5

A 1-star review by 'Veronica' 12/7/2011

Not applicable

I have a long lease where they are freeholders. Over the years some works were carried out to the block, which were usually very badly executed and some even appeared completely unnecessary. However, the block fell into disrepair and eventually major works were carried out, which no-one disputed were required but the quality of the work was terrible. We did not pay the service charges and so they took us to the LVT. We had very little funds to defend ourselves properly whereas they got the best surveyors and lawyers money could buy and they knew every trick in the book, serving late... (read more)

10. View All Comments (3)by Unamused  05/10/2011

I have a friend who is currently locked in a court battle with this dispicable company. The "work" they carried out on his block of flats in Eastbourne is not even up to the standard of poor. There are two holes under two windows that you can fit your fist through to the outside. He tried for seven months to get them to do something about it which they didn't, then wouldn't return his correspondence. Eventually he took them to court and they then took legal action against HIM for not paying the extortionate fees for the work ( which wasn't done! ). I'll let you know after the court date later this month as to the outcome. ps I have his permission for this post on this forum.
  11. 4

A 1-star review by 'John' 7/6/2011

Not applicable

An appalling company - do not go anywhere near them. They seem to consider the tenant the enemy and someone to be exploited in every possible way.

12. 5

A 1-star review by 'MGT' 2/6/2011

Not applicable

We moved into the flat on Lady Margaret Road, and the next day we found the flat is infested with Mice problem which they didn't disclose when giving us the property, the sink was blocked and when we reported them 3 days after we moved in they are blaming us that we are responsible, they charged us for two people as a couple, but only got one set of keys, and they are pushing us to go and get the key cut ourselves for the 2nd set, carpet was new but dirty (may be no one has used in a long time).

Strongly suggest people to stay away from Freshwater.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  13. View All Comments (1)by MGT  20/06/2011

By the way, the Estate agency who sold us Freshwater flat on Lady Margaret Road was Emeraldproperty services, and the agents involved were Riza Sinelnikov, Mohammed Rizwan and Svetlana Sinelnikova. We did read about them in the past but when we found that they are the same estate agency and we mentioned infront of them, they said that NO we are not the same company, there is another estate agency with a similar name. We were idiots to trust their words.

Page: