Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.5 out of 5.0 based on 608 ratings. This website contains 602 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 21)

Page last updated on: 24-Jul-2014 08:52:57

1. A 1-star review by 'Allan' 24/7/2014

82 Streatham High Street
    SW16

Its a scam.
    The agent lied to me about the price. She didn't told anything regards extra cost, she lied about parking permit, she lied about the landlord. I strong recommend to everyone to stay away from foxtons, its a scam. They asked me for 6 weeks deposit, but now they are taking 150 pound of it just to check the house after we leave it, plus what ever its broken which will take extra cost, the house is broken and full of rats. We lost so munch money because of foxtons. At the beginning they are very friendly and nice, later they will be horrible and rude to you, and all they say we have to pay and they will take from the deposit.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT LIED TO ME ABOUT THE PRICE. SHE DIDN\'T TOLD ANYTHING REGARDS EXTRA COST, SHE LIED ABOUT PARKING PERMIT, SHE LIED ABOUT THE LANDLORD. I STRONG RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM FOSTONS, ITS A SCAM. THEY ASKED ME FOR 6 WEEKS DEPOSIT, BUT NOW THEY ARE TAKING 150 POUND OF IT JUST TO CHECK THE HOUSE AFTER WE LEAVE IT, PLUS WHAT EVER ITS BROKEN WHICH WILL TAKE EXTRA COST, THE HOUSE IS BROKEN AND FULL OF RATS. WE LOST SO MUNCH MONEY BECAUSE OF FOSTONS. AT THE BEGGING THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE, LATER THEY WILL BE HORRIBLE AND RUDE TO YOU, AND ALL THEY SAY WE HAVE TO PAY AND THEY WILL TAKE FROM THE DEPOSIT.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Raj Kumar' 18/7/2014

33-35 Bridge Street
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    HA1
    £285000

Excellent service received from the team at Foxtons in Pinner:
    1. identifying a suitable buy to let property (as per my specification) in an extremley competetive market
    2. keeping to all appointments for viewings
    3. returning all calls & emails the same day
    4. always polite & courteous, including opening doors for customers
    5. liaising with solicitors & the vendors when requested
    6. allowing visits prior to exchange to measure up for fixture & fittings
    7. after exchange allowing other prospective lettings agents to visit the property
    8. helped ensure all vendors belongings were removed prior to completion date

3. A 5-star review by 'Shanilp' 17/7/2014

Zenonas
    N7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had a difficult buyer, frustrating solicitors and an impatient vendor (!), but Zeno was extremely professional and supportive. He really drove the sale and I believe that he went above and beyond.

4. A 5-star review by 'C.J.' 15/7/2014

Branch:
    Building 1, Chiswick Park 556 Chicwick High Road.
    Camille Sanderson
    E1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The property manager assigned answers promptly and politely. Foxtons applies a very efficient online document management system for landlords. Phone calls are always taken and forwarded to the property manager. I am very pleased with Foxtons' services.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'aljon' 15/7/2014

55 Fulham Broadway
    SW6
    £785
    Would you use the agent again? No

The agent is simply rude and unhelpful. Having told us we had 3 weeks to renegotiate our contract, it took him a combination of the week he took off as holiday and a week to speak to the landlady. At this point he advised the landlady to kick us out, the only reason being to generate customer churn and new fees. We were told our new rent price for the next rent year and the un-negotiable terms, two days prior to the deadline. On complaining he infomred us he acted only for the interests of the landlord, not the tenant. The worst company I have dealt with to date.

6. A 5-star review by 'Ben' 15/7/2014

Miriame Oussellam
    N8
    £365000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Miriame and her team were profressional, helpful and acheived a great price for my property as promised. We debated long and hard about the additonal commission charged by Foxtons , but in hindsight it was money well spent.

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'M' 14/7/2014

55 Wimbledon Hill Road
    SW19
    £1875
    Would you use the agent again? No

Please do not use this agent to rent out your property. I did and wasted thousands of pounds as a consequence. They may have a nice office with "free drinks" and they may drive nice cars, but that is about it. All they care about is getting your money and then they leave you high and dry. They got a "grade A" client for my luxury flat in Wimbledon on a 2 year fixed contract. The tenant never paid rent on time and after 2 months decided he had to terminate his contract. Foxtons didn't help me at all, caused a lot of stress and did not respond to my repeated phone calls or emails.
    I will never ever use them again to rent out any of my properties, and will stick to more local agents.
    This happened last year and they had the cheek to call me and ask if the property was coming up to renewal and if they could help me. I told them were to go !
    You have been warned !!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY HIGH AND NOT JUSTIFIED FOR THEIR COMPLETE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“They will not be able to change my mind”

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sangeeta Gosai' 9/7/2014

Greg Boxer
    TW7
    £315000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Absolutely fantastic service from Greg Boxer at Foxtons. He walked into my flat and after looking at it and making notes, he told me with confidence he could sell my property in 2 weeks and that there was a demand for that particular type of property. He sold it in 24 hours!! I couldn't believe it and the whole process from start to finish was a real pleasure. He was very professional, always willing, called back whenever I left messages and never tired of my persistent questions when I wasn't clear of certain processes or jargon. No matter how busy he was, he always made time to reply to me queries either by email or phone. As a single parent selling on my own, this was a whole new experience for me and often a frightening one but Greg always managed to make it feel easy and made me feel in control and secure. A big Thank You Greg and in particular, thank you for the humour, as we often needed it when things took a little longer than expected!! I wish him lots of good luck at Foxtons, he definitely deserves it.

9. A 5-star review by 'Krishna Singamala' 8/7/2014

1 Mercia Walk
    Daniel Green, Ellis Bavington-Hall
    GU22
    £995
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Daniel and Ellis helped me to get a beautiful flat and they were giving all the information on time. I would like recommend about Foxtons to my friends

10. A 5-star review by 'Pedja' 8/7/2014

27a The Quadrant
    Mr Tchaba
    TW7
    £293000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mr. Tchaba together with foxtons were very profesional,
    Quick and srait to the point. They valued my propert realisticly
    Plus found a buyer in a record time. Just finished complition on
    Property and very pleased with service they provided.

1. 3

A 1-star review by 'Unhappy person' 24/6/2014

82 Streatham High Street
    SW16
    £1350
    Would you use the agent again? No

I let my property through Foxtons a few years ago and it was the worst thing I ever did. They promise extortionately overpriced potential rental income, their fees are extortionate (was 17% at them time) and I paid for full management and they did nothing much at all! They also take all of their fees upfront first so for 3 months I got no rental income (it was going straight to them) whilst I had to pay rent in the house I was living in, all bills plus my mortgage! I remember having to go to my property in the middle of the night because of a complaint the tenants made about seeing a mouse... (read more)

2. A 5-star review by 'Nadav Elovic' 24/6/2014

55 Fulham Broadway
    Caroline Dryland
    SW6
    £275
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Foxtons always gave a very luxurious atmosphere and have treated us magnificently. Caroline has been very professional and kind throughout the entire process.

3. A 1-star review by 'Tim' 24/6/2014

9 Lee Road
    SE3
    £794
    Would you use the agent again? No

Supercilious, sarcastic, inflexible, rude, took to cold-calling after we had decided not to use their services - there are plenty of agents out there - avoid this one.

4. 6

A 1-star review by 'Sophie' 18/6/2014

9 The Grove, London, E15 1EL
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    , Saima Razaq
    E7
    Would you use the agent again? No

I initially contacted Foxtons with regard to a one bedroom flat I was interested which was about 10 minutes’ walk from Leyton station. I was shown this flat, for which the asking price was £230,000, but informed that there was already a lot of interest, and that offers had already come in over the asking price. On the same day I was shown another one bedroom flat in Forest Gate. It was further out than we were hoping for, and more expensive at £250,000, but the agent gave us the hard sale (up and coming area, original Victorian features, cross rail coming in four years’ time etc.), and... (read more)

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“At the very lease please be honest.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  5. View All Comments (1)by William  27/06/2014

Why don't you reimburse this person as a goodwill gesture
  6. A 5-star review by 'AL' 16/6/2014

86 - 90 Curtain Road
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Renna Murabak
    E1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Renna helped me try and find a property over the last half a year in East London. At the beginning, she quickly identified my preferences and I appreciated that she only contacted me for properties that I would consider. As she learned exactly what I was looking for, she would also contact me as soon as a potential match was on the radar and I am grateful that she put me at the top of the list. In contrast, many other estate agents will bombard you with properties (i.e. waste your time) and then also go silent on you (which does not help). She was able to build trust in our relationship and I felt that she had my best interests at heart and was at the top of her mind, so I always looked forward to seeing a property with her. Through my interaction with Renna, I would definitely call on her (and Foxton's) again for my estate agent needs.

7. A 5-star review by 'DC' 16/6/2014

TW11
    £1080000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to express appreciation for the service from start to finish that all of the Foxtons staff provided in the sale of my house. They were all completely delightful, courteous and accommodating and kept me in touch throughout the whole process. I would have no hesitation in recommending them as a superb professional and first class agent.

8. A 5-star review by 'S Nickerson' 13/6/2014

Gregory Boxer
    TW1
    £450000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

After the first time meeting Greg both my wife and I knew he was the right person to sell our flat, professional, knew his market and more importantly the types if prospective buyers for our property.
    The confidence he had in what was an achievable sale price, a record I believe for that branch on the type dwelling and location.
    Greg was fantastic in his consistent feedback and progress reports of the sale especially considering we had two dropouts in the purchase process along the way to finally completing.
    Some people think foxtons are pushy... In our experience with both sales and rental they deliver what they promise a professional and effective service in getting you the best deal.

I would not hesitate to recommend Greg or any of the other staff at foxtons twice ham branch to sell or assist in finding a home to purchase.
    Great service, great bloke and great result!

9. A 5-star review by 'Mark' 11/6/2014

55 Wimbledon Hill Road
    Simon Darvill, Ryan Ninnis
    SW19
    £412000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Simon's experience, professionalism and sound advise have been invaluable to us (especially in the more stressful times), and we could not be happier with the outcome. We accepted an offer after having the property on the market for less than a week, and achieved over asking price.

We were guided through the sales process very professionally. In particular with regards to negotiating on exchange dates towards the end, Simon really helped get this over the line without having to concede anything important. Another example which stands out to me is the help Simon gave us in tracking down people to get the house emptied out and ready for handover at very short notice, which was a real lifesaver for us as we were moving abroad and couldn't take many things with us, or spend much time traveling back and forth to sort things out.

10. 5

A 1-star review by 'Lola P' 11/6/2014

506 – 508 Brixton Road,
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Matthew Thompson
    SW9
    Would you use the agent again? No

As a prospective customer in the sale of my house I invited Foxtons around for a valuation on my property. Matthew Thompson, the sales manager who visited my home was professional and answered all questions to my satisfaction (I only wish my story ended there). Upon further contact by Mr. Thompson via email I thanked him for his time and let him know I would be proceeding with another company. He responded with somewhat of a negative email but I left it at that.

The next day I was contacted by the agent whom I had initially spoken with on the phone who informed me that she likes to keep... (read more)

Report Abuse 1 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by 'FMT' 10/6/2014

Frances Oldacre
    TW10

Good afternoon

I would like to inform that we have found a suitable and lovely home for my family.

I take this opportunity to express on behalf of my family our gratitude to Foxtons for the job done, and especially thanks to Frances Oldacre for her kind attention, her dedication and enthusiasm in looking for a property that has fit our needs.

Kind Regards

1. A 5-star review by 'Antonio and Marion' 9/6/2014

Miriame Oussellam, Tom Coates
    N7 9
    £295000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Foxtons team, you guys are just awesome, hard-working and professional. Mark, Miriamme and Tom were all precise, thorough and transparent in their explanation and updates. Thank you all for demonstrating that you have clients' interest at heart! 'FOXTONS Estate Agent is a very good Exemplar.' I only hope others will follow suite. You have demonstrated: commitment, diligence and integrity. This make you earned the respect you truly deserve. You are very instrumental in your duties, so keep up the good work.
    Thank you once again for making our SALE a success.

2. A 1-star review by 'Felipe Paredes' 9/6/2014

29-35 Lordship Lane
    SE22
    £950
    Would you use the agent again? No

When you visit a foxton office they give you fancy water and nice coffe, once you sign the contract, they show how they really are. Lets start from the beginning, one week before we move in (contract signed and all pay), we when to inspect apartment, the place was dirty and they were mouse droppings everywhere (its not council state, is an apartment in East Dulwich with a view of the park). We were told that before we move the apartment will be professionally cleaned. We move in, and it was still dirty, when we ask, they told us that we can "left the place dirty when the contract... (read more)

3. 1

A 2-star review by 'Foxtons_never_again' 8/6/2014

175 Putney High Street
    SW15
    £2300
    Would you use the agent again? No

Worst experience possible. Moved out of the property 1.5 months before the agreed end of tenancy because we purchased a flat. We decided not to clean the apartment until the end of the tenancy, when we had the flat professionally cleant, not with one of the clearners offered by Foxtons.

A couple of weeks before the agreed end of the tenancy, and without informing us, Foxtons ordered the exit inspection to take place. Since the apartment was not clean, the report came out with several issues that had a direct financial impact on us, and our deposit.The exit report included lies such as... (read more)

4. A 5-star review by 'Kamini' 3/6/2014

355 - 357 Upper Street
    Amie Roberts
    N5
    £12013
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Amie was very proactive in helping me to find a tenant for the flat. She kept in touch and gave me regular updates on progress and any issues by phone and email. Amie helped support my decision making on rental rates. She sent me any relevant information when I asked for clarification and was always polite and easy to talk to. The best experience in 13 years of me being a landlady. well done!

5. 1

A 2-star review by 'Chris' 2/6/2014

Unit 2 20 Canada Square
    E14
    £2500
    Would you use the agent again? No

Very poor customer service and professionalism. I would never use them again, and definitely I would not recommend them. Once you sign a contract with them, any further question you may have will rarely be answered. They let people in and out of your property (collecting keys from their office) without prior notification and as a tenant you totally feel not supported if there are any issues that arise in the property. Their subcontractors (eg., inventory guys) are very unreliable. After taking to a couple of their letting agents, you get the feeling they just thrive for a larger car, which comes after a number of sales I guess.... so once you have signed, don't expect them to be as enthusiastic and friendly as initially.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jonathan & Nathan' 30/5/2014

94 Old Brompton Road
    David Lee, Will Pitt
    SW5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Thank you for all your efforts in achieving the sale of our property, and for all the hard work David Lee and Will Pitt in pushing it through to Exchange of Contracts, we were impressed with the tenacity and desire to act for your client and especially to David for always being available and assist any problems that occurred.

We were equally delighted with David’s regular updates on the progress of sale, and his eagerness to problem solve and go beyond what one would expect of an agent. David even resolved enquires raised by solicitors in relation to an historic planning matter.

7. A 5-star review by 'Maciej' 30/5/2014

9 Lee Road
    Nik Yankov
    SE3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to say thank you for your assistance with house hunting
    It seems like we have found the place- flat in blackheath
    Once again thank you very much for your time,so far you are the best agent i have ever deal with

8. A 5-star review by 'TM' 29/5/2014

54 The Mall
    Jas Dhaliwal
    W3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Slick, affable, confidence-inspiring and switched on are just some of the adjectives that spring to mind when I look back at my selling experience with Foxtons earlier this year. Top marks, everyone, thank you.

9. A 5-star review by 'AB' 29/5/2014

Greg Boxer, Rosie Instance
    TW2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found the experience with Foxtons to be excellent! The people we dealt with (Greg Boxer and Rosie Instance) were great! They kept us very well informed along the way, even though we were in a chain which was challenging at times. We have now exchanged contracts and are looking forward to the next chapter of our lives together.

Thanks to all at Foxtons, but especially to Greg and Rosie!!

10. A 5-star review by 'Simon' 28/5/2014

TW1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Foxtons have always been very efficient and professional; I have no hesitation in recommending them for both sales and rentals.