Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 693 ratings. This website contains 687 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

• 240 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 24)

Page last updated on: 18-Dec-2014 15:16:16

1. A 5-star review by 'n' 16/12/2014

scott kelly, elliot austin
    N1
    £1500

scott kellyelliot austin

we are very impressed with the quality of tenants that we have had through foxtons in Islington over the last 10 years, both for short lets and long lets.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PRICE OF RE-LETTING IS FAR TOO HIGH”

2. A 5-star review by 'Toby jenssen' 16/12/2014

Ha1
    £540000

Shaun Bailey

Having decided to put our home on the market after 15 years I called in two local agents and foxtons who had not long opened in the area. Both the other two were keen to get me a quick sale at a far lower price than was acheived but left me with the impression that they were only really after there commission . Shaun at foxtons left me with the impression that they would be working for me and this was proved by the effort and professinal conduct of all the staff I dealt with at foxtons. In short they achieved the best possible price to a qualified buyer and took virtually all the stress from start to completion out of selling the family home. I only hope that foxtons have moved out to the chalfont 's by the time I'm ready to sell my new home as I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

3. A 5-star review by 'KK' 15/12/2014

Esme Griffith
    N5

Esme Griffith

My husband and I were very impressed with the service we recently received through the Islington Branch.

Esme Griffith was the agent who looked after us.
    We found Esme to be super friendly, approachable, and professional!

As a result we would totally recommend Foxtons and Esme as an agent.

Thanks again

4. A 5-star review by 'NS' 15/12/2014

Branch:
    30-32 Shepherds Bush Green (Shepherds Bush) (London) (Greater London)
    Jenalyn Masalunga
    W14

Jenalyn Masalunga

I wish to thank Foxtons, and in particular Ms Jenalyn Masalunga, for the excellent service we received regarding our renting of the flat at 9 Gunterstone Road.

Jenalyn understood exactly what was required and as soon as this flat became available she immediately informed us and we were able to rapidly finalise the rent, to our full satisfaction.

5. A 5-star review by 'FP' 15/12/2014

Branch:
    54 The Mall (Ealing Common) (London) (Greater London)
    Jas Dhaliwal
    W3

Jas Dhaliwal

I live abroad and recently sold my house in West London using Foxtons as my agent. I found them to be professional, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile when needed and have always felt the sale was in safe and capable hands. I would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends.

6. A 5-star review by 'Simon Darville' 9/12/2014

Branch:
    55 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Simon Darville, Emlyn Akoto-Dwemoh
    SW19
    £455000

Simon DarvilleEmlyn Akoto-Dwemoh

Simon Darville's assistance in my property search was extremely professional and considerate enabling me to find a suitable property for purchase within the week of my stay in London. He also assisted me in finding very good professionals to assist me with the process of the property purchase.Finally he introduced me to the lettings team. Simon provided high level of professional support and assistance every step of the process and maintained regular contact with me.This was very important and reassuring for me as I live Overseas. I would definitely use the services of Simon again and recommend Foxtons to friends and family.Thank you for your wonderful and considerate service.

7. A 1-star review by 'Petter Dixon' 8/12/2014

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    No staff selected.
    020
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Don't buy any properties via Foxton.

Even once they accept your offer on a property they keep on accepting other offers.

When a sale is made, the agent in the branch get a commission, that way all the agents keep on bringing all sorts of offers even after others were accepted.

I was called to be congratulated that my offer on a house in Lewisham was accepted and that the contact will be sent out in the morning.

In the morning I got a call saying that they took more final offers and that mine was now rejected.

Be careful.

8. A 5-star review by 'P. Bueno' 5/12/2014

W11
    £2600

Jose Bailao

Jose Bailao quickly identified the type of flat that we were looking for and also took into consideration our budgeting requirements. We felt like we had all his time and when we requested to see a property after hours, he did not hesitate to stay back and show us the flat. He showed us 4 properties in one day and we managed to find our dream place in that time. Jose has superb customer service and attention to detail, even helping us take measurements for our furniture before our move in date. He also made several follow up calls to make sure we had moved in ok and that we were happy with the place. He also offered to help us in the future if we needed anything related to the property. He was very proactive and thoughtful throughout the entire process.

9. A 4-star review by 'Alvaro' 28/11/2014

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Annabel Dent
    HA2

Annabel Dent

Hi,

I want to highlight the work of Annabel Dent, trying to find solutions for a complicated situation as my case.

In other estate agencies I've been kicked out when I've spoken about my position. Instead that, Annabel listened to me and tried to find the best for me.

I appreciate it and I will come back to Foxtons Pinner when my current rent agreement expires. Regards Alvaro

10. A 5-star review by 'Robin' 26/11/2014

Branch:
    44-46 Kings Road (Chelsea) (London) (Greater London)
    Laura McGowan
    SW3

Laura McGowan

I recently completed on a property and would just like to say that the agent involved in the purchase (and viewings prior to it) - Laura McGowan - was excellent. She was at all times professional, attentive and was skillfully able to identify my needs and match them to suitable properties. Laura is a credit to Foxtons.

1. A 5-star review by 'Graham Monaghan' 26/11/2014

Charlie Smith
    SW4
    £425000

Charlie Smith

Charlie at the Pimlico office was an excellent negotiator for our property search. He showed us plenty of flats in a variety of areas, worked really hard for us in securing the property and then kept us informed throughout the whole process of the progress. A pleasure to work with.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mrs D' 25/11/2014

Branch:
    26 Westow Hill (Crystal Palace) (Greater London)
    , Aliyah Bahar
    SE25
    £222000

Aliyah Bahar

We sold our flat with Foxtons back in April 2014. They provided a really professional service and were the best agents for the job as it turned out. They got us a good sale and I would definitely recommend them. They got us a sale where other agents selling other flats in that same building could not. I would use them again for sure. They brought interested people to view our flat from several branches also, not just the one branch. I was getting viewing calls from multiple branches. We had multiple offers for our flat and we were more than happy with the result. Even though we were selling our flat in SE25 and their branch is in SE19 it was not a problem. In fact I believe we had more offers for our flat because of that. Foxtons told us they have a large client base when they first consulted with us and it seems that is true and they really helped us achieve the sale our property we needed. Good job Foxtons.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WOULD USE FOXTONS AGAIN FOR SURE. THEY HAVE A GOOD CLIENT BASE TO GET THAT SALE OTHER CAN\'T GET.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Alessia P.' 25/11/2014

Branch:
    26 Westow Hill (Crystal Palace) (Greater London)
    Jeremy Griffiths
    CR7

Jeremy Griffiths

I recently purchased a flat in South London through Foxtons.
    My experience was very positive.
    First of all, the agent who helped me - Mr. Jeremy Griffiths - always answered/returned my calls and has been extremely helpful in providing answers and clarifications to my doubts. He has been the most dedicated agent I worked with and I can definitely say that I managed to get a flat only thanks to his persistence in looking for properties that could meet my expectations.
    On top of that, his help was crucial in recognising and solvin a solicitor issue that arose along the way and that could have delayed or potentially interrupted the negotiations.
    I would definitely recommend his service to anyone!

4. A 5-star review by 'new2crouchend' 24/11/2014

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    Imogen Harrison-Broadley, vikki broad
    N8
    £535000

Imogen Harrison-Broadleyvikki broad

I bought a property through Foxtons Couch End. Imogen and Vikki were very professional in every aspect and my questions were answered promptly and thoroughly. They worked hard between me and the vendor to negotiate the price. Imogen assisted me also in finding a good solicitor who turned out to be equally professional, prompt and thorough. She even went as far as finding me an electricitian which is beyond her usual duty as an estate agent.

I went to quite a few estate agents around Crouch End and I can say that Foxtons were most professional of them all. I will surely be using them in the future when it is time for me to upgrade.

5. A 5-star review by 'Jack Murphy' 22/11/2014

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    vikki broad, Imogen Harrison-Broadley
    N7
    £695000

vikki broadImogen Harrison-Broadley

Both Imogen and Vikki were exemplary in each stage of what became a pretty long winded sell. I was a first time seller, so where a little patience and calm was required, they were extremely helpful. They never became tired during what was, through no fault of theirs at all, quite a complicated and difficult period of time.

Even after a reduction, we achieved a higher price than I had imagined and therefore the ROI can be seen as a success. Both girls represented Foxtons as the most thorough and rigorous on the ground marketers in the country, but with a smile and a friendly way. This is rare. I would recommend the branch and particularly the individuals to anyone wishing to sell in North London.

6. A 5-star review by 'Aaqil Ahmed' 19/11/2014

Ha1
    £600000

Shaun Bailey

I was absolutely delighted with the service from Shaun and the team in Harrow. They kept me updated always and remained calm at times when it would have been easy to get in a flap. Our sale fell through and within a day or two they had resold it, the entrepreneurship shown was very commendable. When my personal circumstances changed and I wobbled for 24 hours, Shaun was very understanding and ensured everything stayed on track.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I GOT A 0% BRANCH OPENING DEAL SO CAN\'T COMPLAIN....”

7. A 5-star review by 'Matthew Green' 17/11/2014

£563000

Shaun Bailey

From the moment I met Shaun in January/February 2014 he was instantly likeable, professional, knowledgeable and I had great confidence that he would deliver the best possible result in the same of my house. Following a open house where 37 vetted buyers attended we receive 11 offers, he managed a second round of bids and we accepted one of several offers over asking price. Shaun did a good job of managing me and managing the buyer. Unfortunately for various reasons we pulled out of the sale prior to exchange. Whilst frustrating on many fronts, Shaun remained professional and represented my best interests throughout. 6 months later we decided to sell and we immediately called Shaun to market the property. After another successful open house we received 6 offers, followed by second round bids and we accepted a cash offer of £567k (asking price £549k). A fantastic result that I know wouldn't have been possibly via any other agent in the area. I would recommend Shaun and his team to anyone wanting to sell their house in the area.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOXTONS FEES ARE CONSIDERABLY HIGHER THAN OTHER AGENTS BUT SO ARE THE HOUSE PRICES ACHIEVED.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Trevor Cogan' 11/11/2014

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Keri Stanley, James Murdoch
    HA2
    £351000

Keri StanleyJames Murdoch

Keri was a real driver at all parts of the process and kept me very well informed at the progress of the deal. Even though some of the lack of progress was out of our control, she kept the pressure on to make sure we were moving forward. She was very professional, very presentable, very pleasant and a credit to her branch, company and profession.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE NO COMPLAINT AS THEY WERE DOING A ZERO PERCENT DEAL ON THE SALE DUE TO A PROMOTIONAL OFFER ON THE OPENING OF THE NEW HARROW OFFICE.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Karina' 6/11/2014

W2

Jose Bailao

Jose Bailao helped me find my current home, which I enjoy a lot.

He made me acknowledged quickly with the area and gave a few useful advices. Was also patient and consistent with the search. We managed to find a perfect apartment within my budget.

Jose fitted around my schedule and came on a couple of occasions at awkward times off his working hours to show the properties. He also made an effort and met me early in the morning to give away the keys to my new home.

Very nice and friendly person to deal with. Would definitely recommend using his service to anyone who is looking for an apartment in this area.

10. A 5-star review by 'Good Sale!' 4/11/2014

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Greg Boxer
    TW7

Greg Boxer

Foxtons have now sold more than one property for us over the years and also let our apartment successfully over many years.
    Greg Boxer has been on the ball during the whole process of our latest sale, introducing our buyer and maintaining confidence and good humour throughout. Negotiating a very good sale price too. A great service and thanks for your perseverance and professionalism. Well done!

1. A 5-star review by 'David Hewitt' 2/11/2014

Branch:
    326-328 Creek Rd (Greenwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Divyesh Bhanderi, Jordan Charles Jones
    SE8
    £2300

Divyesh BhanderiJordan Charles Jones

Having had an unsatisfactory experience with another agent in the area, I called without appointment at Foxtons Greenwich on a Saturday morning and met Divresh Bhanderi to discuss rental of my property. By Saturday evening the paperwork was done, Divresh had visited the property and we had had two viewings arranged and accompanied by Jordan Charles Jones. There was another viewing on Sunday. I was travelling Monday and Tuesday and was unable to have another viewing until Tuesday evening. Jordan arranged a further viewing on Wednesday lunchtime following which a rental was agreed at an excellent rate. The paperwork was completed easily online that afternoon. On Thursday morning Divresh called to advise that deposit and one months rent had been paid. This was impressive performance by any standards. Throughout Divresh and Jordan were very committed, professional and charming. All my calls were returned promptly and I could not have wished for better service . They both exceeded all my expectations.

2. A 5-star review by 'Patrik Aghabeh' 2/11/2014

Patrik Agh abet
    N7
    £575000

Patrik Agh abet

The search for our London flat was a long one. During the 5 months of coming up to London I met many estate agents. The one person who I would like to thank is Patrik Aghabeh of Foxtons in Islington. He was professional in his approach always well mannered and was at hand through emails and his mobile phone. He showed us many properties but always kept a positive approach. Thankfully when we found a property it was Patrik we had the thank. The transition from offer to completion went very smoothly,being kept informed at all times .

3. A 5-star review by 'Vanessa Stokes' 1/11/2014

Jamie Newson-Love, Simon Maher
    SW1
    £1950

Jamie Newson-LoveSimon Maher

You guys are amazing! After two months getting nowhere with another agent, Foxtons let my apartment within 48 hours. That tenant has just vacated and you've found a fixed-term rental for the exact period I required, to move in 3 days later - just long enough for you to take care of the inventory and cleaning.
    I live abroad half the year so it is important to have a management team who can take care of everything. Foxtons do this and more on my behalf.

Comments on the Agents fees

“MANAGEMENT FEE SEEMS HIGH, BUT AS AN ABSENTEE LANDLORD I NEED THE FULL SERVICE.”

4. A 5-star review by 'rosiehannahd' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Alice Carrol
    TW7
    £1200

Alice Carrol

Alice was extremely helpful when it came to helping me find a property. She regularly updated me with prospective properties and really took into consideration what I had told her I was looking for. She often showed me multiple properties at once, and really made en effort to work around my busy work schedule. She was really friendly and seemed to genuinely care about finding me a property, making the whole experience very pleasant and stress free. She was great at keeping in contact and updating me with things I needed to do. As a whole, my experience with Foxtons has been great and I think this was mainly down to how well Alice did her job!

5. A 5-star review by 'Jenny' 29/10/2014

£425000

Shaun Bailey

The service we received from Foxtons was excellent.. From the first contact with Shaun Bailey for the valuation, through to the professionalism of all the agents that conducted viewings of our house. Their hard work contacting prospective buyers was much appreciated and their careful vetting ensured no time wasters. The photographer went the tea mile to get the best possible pictures for the sales brochure.

The house was under offer in a few weeks.

Support for both ourselves and the buyers throughout the process helped things to move forward to exchange and completion.

A good job done with a professional approach. maybe not the cheapest but an excellent service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE JUST MISSED THE 0% FEES OFFER WHICH WAS A SHAME. THE PERCENTAGE IS RELATIVELY HIGH AND WE WOULD HAVE PREFERRED IT TO BE LESS.”

6. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'pooyan' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    sebastian Lewis
    tw10

sebastian Lewis

I am happy that Sebastian has served me, he is an excellent agent and wish him all the best in his future career

7. A 4-star review by 'M&M' 28/10/2014

Kate Phillips
    SW1p
    £395000

Kate Phillips

I just want to say what a delight Kate is. She is endlessly positive, helpful and energetic. She is on top of all communication with really fast, efficient and effective responses. Even though we were only buying something which was quite small in relation to most of your clients she never once brushed us away or ignored our queries - quite the reverse.
    She is a fabulous asset for Foxtons Pimlico.

8. A 5-star review by 'AH' 28/10/2014

Sam Dormon
    SW1W
    £1465000

Sam Dormon

Sam Dormon was great to work with - very professional and always very helpful and polite. I have dealt with a number of estate agents over the years and know full well how an already painful process can be made infinitely worse if you work with someone who is unpleasant / unknowledgeable.

Sam kept us informed throughout the deal, always offered his thoughts and kept everyone reassured which was a key factor in keeping the transaction smooth until completion.

Sam has certainly been one of the best agents I've met and, in a number of cases, he went above and beyond - so felt it was fair to offer this feedback online to help people looking for a good, reliable agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS A PURCHASER, I DID NOT PAY ANY FEES TO THE AGENT SO CANNOT COMMENT.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Nina L.' 27/10/2014

Jose Balaio
    W11

Jose Balaio

I had a great experience with Jose, my best agent experience by far.

He was incredibly helpful from the start giving me advise on how to best structure my referencing and search. He had three matching properties to show me, but I only got to see the first one, as I made my decision within 6 seconds (and still haven't regretted it). He was equally helpful after the closing, organising additional viewings and helping me measure everything out before ordering some furniture in advance.

Before the move in, he inspected the property twice to make sure the cleaners have done their job well and that everything was working properly. He organised an electrician to come the next day and fix a couple lighting issue and instructed me to flag up a couple additional issues to the management team.

His service was excellent on all levels throughout, and I will certainly recommend him to my friends and hopefully work with him again.

10. A 5-star review by 'Donna Blackmore' 26/10/2014

Shaun Bailey, Hexin He
    £202000

Shaun BaileyHexin He

Very professional service from Shaun Bailey and the majority of his team. While Foxton's charge more than many of the other agents in the area, all viewings were accompanied & there was good communication throughout the process of selling & negotiation. Would especially like to thank Shaun & Hex for all their endavours.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PRICEY COMPARED TO OTHERS - BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY NEGOTIATED A GOOD DEAL!”