Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.5 out of 5.0 based on 670 ratings. This website contains 664 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

• 239 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 23)

Page last updated on: 31-Oct-2014 10:22:31

1. A 5-star review by 'rosiehannahd' 31/10/2014

TW7
    £1200

Alice Carrol

Alice was extremely helpful when it came to helping me find a property. She regularly updated me with prospective properties and really took into consideration what I had told her I was looking for. She often showed me multiple properties at once, and really made en effort to work around my busy work schedule. She was really friendly and seemed to genuinely care about finding me a property, making the whole experience very pleasant and stress free. She was great at keeping in contact and updating me with things I needed to do. As a whole, my experience with Foxtons has been great and I think this was mainly down to how well Alice did her job!

2. A 5-star review by 'pooyan' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    sebastian Lewis
    tw10

sebastian Lewis

I am happy that Sebastian has served me, he is an excellent agent and wish him all the best in his future career

3. A 5-star review by 'Jenny' 29/10/2014

£425000

Shaun Bailey

The service we received from Foxtons was excellent.. From the first contact with Shaun Bailey for the valuation, through to the professionalism of all the agents that conducted viewings of our house. Their hard work contacting prospective buyers was much appreciated and their careful vetting ensured no time wasters. The photographer went the tea mile to get the best possible pictures for the sales brochure.

The house was under offer in a few weeks.

Support for both ourselves and the buyers throughout the process helped things to move forward to exchange and completion.

A good job done with a professional approach. maybe not the cheapest but an excellent service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE JUST MISSED THE 0% FEES OFFER WHICH WAS A SHAME. THE PERCENTAGE IS RELATIVELY HIGH AND WE WOULD HAVE PREFERRED IT TO BE LESS.”

4. A 4-star review by 'M&M' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Kate Phillips
    SW1p
    £395000

Kate Phillips

I just want to say what a delight Kate is. She is endlessly positive, helpful and energetic. She is on top of all communication with really fast, efficient and effective responses. Even though we were only buying something which was quite small in relation to most of your clients she never once brushed us away or ignored our queries - quite the reverse.
    She is a fabulous asset for Foxtons Pimlico.

5. A 5-star review by 'AH' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Dormon
    SW1W
    £1465000

Sam Dormon

Sam Dormon was great to work with - very professional and always very helpful and polite. I have dealt with a number of estate agents over the years and know full well how an already painful process can be made infinitely worse if you work with someone who is unpleasant / unknowledgeable.

Sam kept us informed throughout the deal, always offered his thoughts and kept everyone reassured which was a key factor in keeping the transaction smooth until completion.

Sam has certainly been one of the best agents I've met and, in a number of cases, he went above and beyond - so felt it was fair to offer this feedback online to help people looking for a good, reliable agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS A PURCHASER, I DID NOT PAY ANY FEES TO THE AGENT SO CANNOT COMMENT.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Nina L.' 27/10/2014

Branch:
    90 Notting Hill Gate (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    Jose Balaio
    W11
    £1

Jose Balaio

I had a great experience with Jose, my best agent experience by far.

He was incredibly helpful from the start giving me advise on how to best structure my referencing and search. He had three matching properties to show me, but I only got to see the first one, as I made my decision within 6 seconds (and still haven't regretted it). He was equally helpful after the closing, organising additional viewings and helping me measure everything out before ordering some furniture in advance.

Before the move in, he inspected the property twice to make sure the cleaners have done their job well and that everything was working properly. He organised an electrician to come the next day and fix a couple lighting issue and instructed me to flag up a couple additional issues to the management team.

His service was excellent on all levels throughout, and I will certainly recommend him to my friends and hopefully work with him again.

7. A 5-star review by 'Milagros Vacas Billings' 26/10/2014

Branch:
    326-328 Creek Rd (Greenwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Paul Halson
    SE8
    £1565

Paul Halson

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Paul Halson who helped me find the perfect flat! I contacted Paul in July and advised of my situation (Which at the time was very stressful for me). I was unable to view any flats in person (as I was away with work) and gave Paul some very specific requirements as to what I was looking for. Paul kept in touch with me regularly and sent me through potential options. I put my trust in Paul and believed he would find the right place for me. When he did and I viewed it after putting down all the deposit I was blown away! His professionalism is second to known and his desire for customer satisfaction is extremely evident in the way he works. You have a highly valuable member of staff in Paul and I would recommend him to anyone who was looking for a flat. For me this is an OUTSTANDING example of customer service! Thanks Paul you are a GEM! :)

8. A 5-star review by 'Donna Blackmore' 26/10/2014

Shaun Bailey, Hexin He
    £202000

Shaun BaileyHexin He

Very professional service from Shaun Bailey and the majority of his team. While Foxton's charge more than many of the other agents in the area, all viewings were accompanied & there was good communication throughout the process of selling & negotiation. Would especially like to thank Shaun & Hex for all their endavours.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PRICEY COMPARED TO OTHERS - BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY NEGOTIATED A GOOD DEAL!”

9. A 5-star review by 'Loredan and Ioana' 23/10/2014

Laura Jull
    £1420

Laura Jull

Laura is a great person, very kind and helpful! She talk with us, call us and she answer to all our questions! We recomand her with all our heart!

Comments on the Agents fees

“SHE DO THE BEST FOR US! GREAT STUFF!”

10. A 5-star review by 'Maneesh and Mauli' 22/10/2014

HA2
    £399950

James Murdock

We contacted Foxtons Harrow branch in May 14 to sell our property as the branch was offering a 0% sales fee as a promotion at that time.

We were promptly contacted by James who was the assigned sales manager for our property. He booked the appointment with us to come and do the valuation of our property and came on the agreed date / time.

James was very through, professional, helpful which helped us make our decision. The valuation done by James was realistic (and above our expectation). Once we decided to go with Foxtons, James handled all the paperwork, arrangements for photographer,... (read more)

1. A 5-star review by 'Andy Harrington' 22/10/2014

Shaun Bailey, Sophia Rawlings
    HA02
    £715000

Shaun BaileySophia Rawlings

Shaun and Sophia were very helpful with the selling and buying of our new prosperity. They kept us informed throughout the process and were a pleasure to deal with

2. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Shah' 22/10/2014

HA3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

‘We felt that from the point of valuation we were in for a professional service and decided to instruct Foxtons to market our property, Foxtons Harrow achieved our full asking price in a very short timeframe and handled the sales process very well. Overall we are very pleased and would have no hesitation in recommending Shaun and his team at the Harrow office’

3. A 5-star review by '2.4 Family' 20/10/2014

HA0
    £275000

Shaun Bailey

We have a young family and we found Shaun's support invaluable, responsive, attentive and a major part in keeping the momentum in purchasing our new property and selling our old property.

4. A 5-star review by 'Bob Charles' 20/10/2014

£499950

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I first met Shaun from Foxtons when he visited me at my home. His manner, enthusiasm and knowledge impressed me although I was sceptical of his claims to be able to sell my house. I had previously had the house on the market for 6 months and did not get a viewing. Consequently, I had developed a dim view of estate agents, who, for me, were glad to have the business but did not seem to want to work too hard at actually selling the property.

By contrast, Foxtons had someone around to my property within a few days. Although that did not result in a sale, i was... (read more)

5. A 5-star review by 'AK40520' 20/10/2014

Sophia Carrington
    HA2
    £215000

Sophia Carrington

I am very happy with the level of service and attention I have received from Sophia. Even on the day of the viewing (it was a Good Friday), she responded quickly and managed to show me the flat, even though she was the only agent from the Harrow branch working on that day and they had many viewings scheduled in advance. The purchase took about 6 months (solicitors' delays) but Sophia was in contact throughout the process and provided me with regular updates. She has been very efficient, understanding, patient and friendly. All the necessary documents and keys were sent and exchanged very promptly and without mistakes. If I am in position to buy another property at some point in the future or sell the flat I have just bought, I will definitely come to her first.

6. A 5-star review by 'Hadi' 18/10/2014

Sophia Carrington, Shaun Bailey
    HA37
    £2370000

Sophia CarringtonShaun Bailey

The agent know my lack of experience in the field and knew exactly my needs and gave me the right support during the process. It was the most difficult experience in my life as I was selling and buying at the same time it would not happen without Foxton
    The most important point the agent kept good contact and always returned my call I never had to chase and was giving the information required .
    I also want to mention that the agent Sophia was very polite and helpful and patient , she clearly love her job .she get the job done
    And also the same impression we had from other employees in the office .
    I really want to say thank you

7. A 5-star review by 'Jazz' 17/10/2014

HA9
    £580000

James Murdock

We marketed our property with various local agents prior to contracting with Foxtons. Without going into too much detail, I was very disappointed with previous agents who I found almost impossible to understand and was left feeling very frustrated! If fact, I actually found that on more than one occasion, I had to personally go in to their offices and demand explanations!

With the previous bad experiences, I was not filled with confidence when I first spoke to Foxtons' representative Mr James Murdock and was sure that this would be just another 'estate agent' that would take up hours of... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THERE WAS 0% FEE OFFER ON AT THE TIME OF OUR SALE - BUT AFTER DEALING WITH SO MANY OTHER AGENTS, AND SEEING THE WAY FOXTONS WORK - VERY PROACTIVE AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION - I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND; THEIR FEES MAY BE HIGHER THAN OTHER LOCAL ESTATE AGENTS, BUT THEY ARE WELL WORTH IT - YOU ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND AND WHAT\'S HAPPENING; THEY ARE HAPPY TO CHASE AND HAVE ALWAYS RETURNED MY CALLS AND KEPT ME INFORMED.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Mr. and Mrs. BEYGO' 17/10/2014

Shaun Bailey, Noah Wildman
    £320000

Shaun BaileyNoah Wildman

We were very pleased with the efficient and professional service provided by Shaun and his team. The advice provided was invaluable based on Foxton's market position and the quality of staff.

We trusted Foxtons with their suggestions for pricing and finding the 'right' buyer.

We were extremely happy as Foxtons found us a cash buyer within 6 weeks and progressed quickly with the sale. I highly recommend (Harrow) Foxtons for their service and quality.

We were also fortunate to take advantage of the 0% commission on sale.

Keep up the good work!!

Best,

Mr. and Mrs. BEYGO

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE FORTUNATE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE 0% FEES DUE TO A PROMOTION AS FOXTONS WAS OPENING UP A NEW OFFICE IN HARROW.”

9. A 1-star review by 'Patsy white' 17/10/2014

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    N1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I used the agency about 8 years ago before their expose so to be fair they might have changed now. They pushed tenants onto me that I specifically asked not to have - students and pressurised me into taking them.
    They also had loads of hidden charges ( both for me and my tenants) which I was furious about as I had specifically asked for an upfront estimate of costs.
    Lastly we had opted to collect the rent ourselves, yet had a nightmare with trying to stop Foxtons collecting it ...and sitting on it. The team were very aggressive when I tried to resolve it.
    I will never deal with them again

10. A 5-star review by 'Sylvia' 17/10/2014

Noah Wildman

Noah Wildman

I would like to especially thank Mr Noah Wildman from the Foxtons Harrow office for his outstanding and exceptional service with regards to helping me with my recent property purchase. From the outset Noah was professional yet friendly listening to my requirements and very soon found me the perfect property always keeping me informed of the latest developments and in regular contact with my solicitor and the seller to enable the purchase to proceed to completion. He even replied to my emails on his day off which I greatly appreciated, therefore I would highly recommend Foxtons for the professional service and the great team.

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'Siddiq' 16/10/2014

Branch:
    54 The Mall (Ealing Common) (London) (Greater London)
    w5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They would show themselves being sympathetic when renting to you but from the day you put a deposit on a property everything changes. they don't answer your calls or emails, because now they have you.

When you leave the property, I would advice that you check every single thing 10 times and take as many evidence as possible, pictures are very good. they don't plan to return your deposit and they take the landlord side 100%.

If at all possible, please don't use them

2. A 5-star review by 'D. Rocha' 16/10/2014

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    GU21
    £995
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Foxtons provided a very good service in general, with good explanations of all the details regarding the rent of a property. They helped us a lot regarding the references from the previous landlord, due to some communication problem between us.
    They were very kind, always providing answers to our questions.

No concerns. Much more professional compared to the previous experience we had with Townends.
    Excelent attendance.

I hope that continues!

Thank you Foxtons!

3. A 5-star review by 'Tracey' 14/10/2014

Branch:
    108 - 110 High St (Beckenham) (Greater London)
    BR3
    £249950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We exchanged, at long long last! at 4.50pm yesterday I got the call I had been waiting for.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help in dealing with this sale - I am so disappointed with the Solicitors that I chose and to say that I will never deal with them again is an understatement. Anyway you have been brilliant and if it wasn't for your intervention (and my constant phone calls to all and sundry) I think I would still be waiting for a conclusion.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS PART OF THE 0% COMMISSION RATE”

4. A 5-star review by 'zoe' 12/10/2014

Branch:
    98 St John's Wood Terrace (St Johns Wood) (London) (Greater London)
    Marina Bozzo
    NW8

Marina Bozzo

The agent was very keen to show us around a lot of properties and to spend time, particularly she didn't make us feel bored at all and very active and a stand out personality.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PRICES WERE HIGHER THAN WE EXPECTED, IT IS GOOD IF WE MANAGE TO GET TO THE POINT FASTER IN TERMS OF WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF PAYING AND REACH A GOOD LEVEL OF VALUE AND PRICE.”

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Robustiano Tubio' 11/10/2014

Branch:
    168 Lavender Hill (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    Adam Dales
    NW6

Adam Dales

The agent did not act in a responsible manner when we had a leak issue recently at the property. The blockage and leak has taken two weeks for them to resolve during which we were not able to use our kitchen sink, diswasher or washing machine.
    Really disappointed with the service provided by Adam Dales and when I asked him to speak to someone else he refused.

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“He could have been more understanding of the tenant\'s priorities. He was clearly driven by landlord fees and interests.”

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'HelloAlison' 9/10/2014

Branch:
    27-31 Blandford Street (Marylebone) (Marylebone) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    w1t

In a word, rude.
    The agent was, as expected, friendly and eager to help.
    Talking to his manager though, I've realized that I don't want to spend a day being tied to this agency, yet alone for a 2 year contract. I can get my professional integrity questioned for free - I don't need to pay an estate agency to do that.
    While most of the staff were actually nice, I feel they have wasted my time and are managed by someone with a personality as charming as that of Paul Pot.

“Exercise basic courtesy.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Richard E. Renshaw' 8/10/2014

, Debora Abreu
    TW2
    £600000

Debora Abreu

My wife and I were an overseas buyer ( I live and work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) and we thought we attained exceptional good value from the high professional services provided by Foxtons to bring the sale through to Exchange of Contracts (which occurred today) and ready for Completion by this month end for a semi-detached house purchase. Communication and team working skills by all Foxtons team members were strong in the opinion of my wife and I.
    For continuity in the future we shall be using Foxtons again for all our family members for buying and future sales and should others in Riyadh seek a UK property agent I shall recommend Foxtons in the first instance due to their quality professional services.

8. A 5-star review by 'AG' 6/10/2014

TW9
    £2000

Alice Carrol

Being on the market for 4 weeks, I've visited more than 20 agencies and decided to write a recommendation only for Alice Carroll from Foxtons Twickenham. It didn't take me long to realise her honest, sincere and helpful personality, which was a great start to build a reliable agent-tenant relationship. She was clever to understand what I was looking for, something that many offices were missing. They kept sending me irrelevant property ads and calling me what I was thinking about them. I am 100% happy and satisfied by Alice's work and if you are thinking of moving to the area, just visit Foxtons to meet her. Many thanks Alice!

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'TiredofFoxtons' 6/10/2014

Branch:
    91-95 Notting Hill Gate Notting Hill (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    , Louis Broad
    W9 3
    £1410

Louis Broad

Twice in a row this agent from Foxtons has entered into my flat without my prior consent or discussing with me if it's convenient. They have reminded me more than I care to remember, on several occasions, that if they give a minimum of 24 hours notice, they can enter the premises with their viewers (my lease is ending end October).
    I feel really sick and unsafe about this whole situation. I'm not on good terms with Foxtons as they rented a place out to me that since day one only had problems (one month no hot water and electricity, the electricity wiring that almost burned the whole place... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID ALMOST 500 POUNDS FOR A 1 MINUTE VIEWING, AND 10 MINUTES OF SIGNING THE LEASE AGREEMENT.”

“Change their practice.”

10. A 4-star review by 'Rich' 22/9/2014

Gregory Boxer, Anzelika Kvietkauskaite
    TW1
    £295000

Gregory BoxerAnzelika Kvietkauskaite

Overall I have been very satisfied selling my property through Foxtons. They had just opened a new branch in Twickenham, so I was lucky enough to be able to take advantage of the 0% fee they were offering at the time. All the agents at the branch were very courteous and would always let me know ahead of time when viewings were going to take place, as well as any cancellations or changes.

“0% FEE”