Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.5 out of 5.0 based on 658 ratings. This website contains 652 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

• 239 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 22)

Page last updated on: 20-Oct-2014 11:23:17

1. A 5-star review by 'Bob Charles' 20/10/2014

£499950

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I first met Shaun from Foxtons when he visited me at my home. His manner, enthusiasm and knowledge impressed me although I was sceptical of his claims to be able to sell my house. I had previously had the house on the market for 6 months and did not get a viewing. Consequently, I had developed a dim view of estate agents, who, for me, were glad to have the business but did not seem to want to work too hard at actually selling the property.

By contrast, Foxtons had someone around to my property within a few days. Although that did not result in a sale, i was... (read more)

2. A 5-star review by 'AK40520' 20/10/2014

Sophia Carrington
    HA2
    £215000

Sophia Carrington

I am very happy with the level of service and attention I have received from Sophia. Even on the day of the viewing (it was a Good Friday), she responded quickly and managed to show me the flat, even though she was the only agent from the Harrow branch working on that day and they had many viewings scheduled in advance. The purchase took about 6 months (solicitors' delays) but Sophia was in contact throughout the process and provided me with regular updates. She has been very efficient, understanding, patient and friendly. All the necessary documents and keys were sent and exchanged very promptly and without mistakes. If I am in position to buy another property at some point in the future or sell the flat I have just bought, I will definitely come to her first.

3. A 5-star review by '2.4 Family' 20/10/2014

HA0
    £275000

Shaun Bailey

We have a young family and we found Shaun's support invaluable, responsive, attentive and a major part in keeping the momentum in purchasing our new property and selling our old property.

4. A 5-star review by 'Hadi' 18/10/2014

Sophia Carrington, Shaun Bailey
    HA37
    £2370000

Sophia CarringtonShaun Bailey

The agent know my lack of experience in the field and knew exactly my needs and gave me the right support during the process. It was the most difficult experience in my life as I was selling and buying at the same time it would not happen without Foxton
    The most important point the agent kept good contact and always returned my call I never had to chase and was giving the information required .
    I also want to mention that the agent Sophia was very polite and helpful and patient , she clearly love her job .she get the job done
    And also the same impression we had from other employees in the office .
    I really want to say thank you

5. A 5-star review by 'Jazz' 17/10/2014

James Murdock
    HA9
    £580000

James Murdock

We marketed our property with various local agents prior to contracting with Foxtons. Without going into too much detail, I was very disappointed with previous agents who I found almost impossible to understand and was left feeling very frustrated! If fact, I actually found that on more than one occasion, I had to personally go in to their offices and demand explanations!

With the previous bad experiences, I was not filled with confidence when I first spoke to Foxtons' representative Mr James Murdock and was sure that this would be just another 'estate agent' that would take up hours of... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THERE WAS 0% FEE OFFER ON AT THE TIME OF OUR SALE - BUT AFTER DEALING WITH SO MANY OTHER AGENTS, AND SEEING THE WAY FOXTONS WORK - VERY PROACTIVE AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION - I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND; THEIR FEES MAY BE HIGHER THAN OTHER LOCAL ESTATE AGENTS, BUT THEY ARE WELL WORTH IT - YOU ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND AND WHAT\'S HAPPENING; THEY ARE HAPPY TO CHASE AND HAVE ALWAYS RETURNED MY CALLS AND KEPT ME INFORMED.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Sylvia' 17/10/2014

Noah Wildman

Noah Wildman

I would like to especially thank Mr Noah Wildman from the Foxtons Harrow office for his outstanding and exceptional service with regards to helping me with my recent property purchase. From the outset Noah was professional yet friendly listening to my requirements and very soon found me the perfect property always keeping me informed of the latest developments and in regular contact with my solicitor and the seller to enable the purchase to proceed to completion. He even replied to my emails on his day off which I greatly appreciated, therefore I would highly recommend Foxtons for the professional service and the great team.

7. A 1-star review by 'Patsy white' 17/10/2014

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    N1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I used the agency about 8 years ago before their expose so to be fair they might have changed now. They pushed tenants onto me that I specifically asked not to have - students and pressurised me into taking them.
    They also had loads of hidden charges ( both for me and my tenants) which I was furious about as I had specifically asked for an upfront estimate of costs.
    Lastly we had opted to collect the rent ourselves, yet had a nightmare with trying to stop Foxtons collecting it ...and sitting on it. The team were very aggressive when I tried to resolve it.
    I will never deal with them again

8. A 5-star review by 'Mr. and Mrs. BEYGO' 17/10/2014

Shaun Bailey, Noah Wildman
    £320000

Shaun BaileyNoah Wildman

We were very pleased with the efficient and professional service provided by Shaun and his team. The advice provided was invaluable based on Foxton's market position and the quality of staff.

We trusted Foxtons with their suggestions for pricing and finding the 'right' buyer.

We were extremely happy as Foxtons found us a cash buyer within 6 weeks and progressed quickly with the sale. I highly recommend (Harrow) Foxtons for their service and quality.

We were also fortunate to take advantage of the 0% commission on sale.

Keep up the good work!!

Best,

Mr. and Mrs. BEYGO

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE FORTUNATE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE 0% FEES DUE TO A PROMOTION AS FOXTONS WAS OPENING UP A NEW OFFICE IN HARROW.”

9. A 5-star review by 'D. Rocha' 16/10/2014

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    GU21
    £995
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Foxtons provided a very good service in general, with good explanations of all the details regarding the rent of a property. They helped us a lot regarding the references from the previous landlord, due to some communication problem between us.
    They were very kind, always providing answers to our questions.

No concerns. Much more professional compared to the previous experience we had with Townends.
    Excelent attendance.

I hope that continues!

Thank you Foxtons!

10. A 1-star review by 'Siddiq' 16/10/2014

Branch:
    54 The Mall (Ealing Common) (London) (Greater London)
    w5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

They would show themselves being sympathetic when renting to you but from the day you put a deposit on a property everything changes. they don't answer your calls or emails, because now they have you.

When you leave the property, I would advice that you check every single thing 10 times and take as many evidence as possible, pictures are very good. they don't plan to return your deposit and they take the landlord side 100%.

If at all possible, please don't use them

1. A 5-star review by 'Tracey' 14/10/2014

Branch:
    108 - 110 High St (Beckenham) (Greater London)
    BR3
    £249950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We exchanged, at long long last! at 4.50pm yesterday I got the call I had been waiting for.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help in dealing with this sale - I am so disappointed with the Solicitors that I chose and to say that I will never deal with them again is an understatement. Anyway you have been brilliant and if it wasn't for your intervention (and my constant phone calls to all and sundry) I think I would still be waiting for a conclusion.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS PART OF THE 0% COMMISSION RATE”

2. A 5-star review by 'zoe' 12/10/2014

Branch:
    98 St John's Wood Terrace (St Johns Wood) (London) (Greater London)
    Marina Bozzo
    NW8

Marina Bozzo

The agent was very keen to show us around a lot of properties and to spend time, particularly she didn't make us feel bored at all and very active and a stand out personality.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PRICES WERE HIGHER THAN WE EXPECTED, IT IS GOOD IF WE MANAGE TO GET TO THE POINT FASTER IN TERMS OF WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF PAYING AND REACH A GOOD LEVEL OF VALUE AND PRICE.”

3. A 1-star review by 'Robustiano Tubio' 11/10/2014

Branch:
    168 Lavender Hill (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    Adam Dales
    NW6

Adam Dales

The agent did not act in a responsible manner when we had a leak issue recently at the property. The blockage and leak has taken two weeks for them to resolve during which we were not able to use our kitchen sink, diswasher or washing machine.
    Really disappointed with the service provided by Adam Dales and when I asked him to speak to someone else he refused.

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“He could have been more understanding of the tenant\'s priorities. He was clearly driven by landlord fees and interests.”

4. A 1-star review by 'HelloAlison' 9/10/2014

Branch:
    27-31 Blandford Street (Marylebone) (Marylebone) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    w1t

In a word, rude.
    The agent was, as expected, friendly and eager to help.
    Talking to his manager though, I've realized that I don't want to spend a day being tied to this agency, yet alone for a 2 year contract. I can get my professional integrity questioned for free - I don't need to pay an estate agency to do that.
    While most of the staff were actually nice, I feel they have wasted my time and are managed by someone with a personality as charming as that of Paul Pot.

“Exercise basic courtesy.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Richard E. Renshaw' 8/10/2014

, Debora Abreu
    TW2
    £600000

Debora Abreu

My wife and I were an overseas buyer ( I live and work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) and we thought we attained exceptional good value from the high professional services provided by Foxtons to bring the sale through to Exchange of Contracts (which occurred today) and ready for Completion by this month end for a semi-detached house purchase. Communication and team working skills by all Foxtons team members were strong in the opinion of my wife and I.
    For continuity in the future we shall be using Foxtons again for all our family members for buying and future sales and should others in Riyadh seek a UK property agent I shall recommend Foxtons in the first instance due to their quality professional services.

6. A 5-star review by 'AG' 6/10/2014

TW9

Alice Carrol

Being on the market for 4 weeks, I've visited more than 20 agencies and decided to write a recommendation only for Alice Carroll from Foxtons Twickenham. It didn't take me long to realise her honest, sincere and helpful personality, which was a great start to build a reliable agent-tenant relationship. She was clever to understand what I was looking for, something that many offices were missing. They kept sending me irrelevant property ads and calling me what I was thinking about them. I am 100% happy and satisfied by Alice's work and if you are thinking of moving to the area, just visit Foxtons to meet her. Many thanks Alice!

7. A 1-star review by 'TiredofFoxtons' 6/10/2014

Branch:
    91-95 Notting Hill Gate Notting Hill (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    , Louis Broad
    W9 3
    £1410

Louis Broad

Twice in a row this agent from Foxtons has entered into my flat without my prior consent or discussing with me if it's convenient. They have reminded me more than I care to remember, on several occasions, that if they give a minimum of 24 hours notice, they can enter the premises with their viewers (my lease is ending end October).
    I feel really sick and unsafe about this whole situation. I'm not on good terms with Foxtons as they rented a place out to me that since day one only had problems (one month no hot water and electricity, the electricity wiring that almost burned the whole place... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PAID ALMOST 500 POUNDS FOR A 1 MINUTE VIEWING, AND 10 MINUTES OF SIGNING THE LEASE AGREEMENT.”

“Change their practice.”

8. A 4-star review by 'Rich' 22/9/2014

Gregory Boxer, Anzelika Kvietkauskaite
    TW1
    £295000

Gregory BoxerAnzelika Kvietkauskaite

Overall I have been very satisfied selling my property through Foxtons. They had just opened a new branch in Twickenham, so I was lucky enough to be able to take advantage of the 0% fee they were offering at the time. All the agents at the branch were very courteous and would always let me know ahead of time when viewings were going to take place, as well as any cancellations or changes.

“0% FEE”

9. A 1-star review by 'Sheila Nemazee' 20/9/2014

Branch:
    90 Notting Hill Gate (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    Jose Balaio
    W2

Jose Balaio

Jose Balaio recently helped us find an apartment for my daughter. We had a wonderful experience with him. If it wasn't for Jose we would have not continued with Foxtons. He was diligent, concerned, and personable. He is a real asset to Foxtons and I would recommend using him.

10. A 5-star review by 'Shrewsbury' 18/9/2014

Greg Boxer
    TW 7
    £249000

Greg Boxer

Foxtons has been amazing from the start, all the stress of selling the property they took care of . Gregory was very encouraging and supportive , he actually told me I could get a lot more on my property . My Flat is sold now at the best price , and a very happy customer. Would defiantly use Foxtons in Twickenham again in the future .

1. A 5-star review by 'Elena' 17/9/2014

TW1
    £1650

Alice Carrol

I was absolutely delighted by Alice's work, help and support. She is an excellent agent and I am very grateful for the wonderful job she did to ensure that we have a nice and cozy place to live!

2. A 5-star review by 'camilla george' 16/9/2014

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Danielle london
    sw1

Danielle london

Danielle at the Pimlico branch was fantastic.Very professional she made the letting process very smooth with great communication and explained everything clearly.

3. 1

A 2-star review by 'Maria' 16/9/2014

No branch selected
    W1H
    £2570
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Even thought I have seen all the negative reviews and was aware that I will be getting an overpriced flat and paying extras just because it is a very big and well known agency I have decided to take my chances as I thought that at least I will be guaranteed good and professional service, well I was very WRONG.
    I was lied by the agent that the noise will not be heard from the flat and that the construction will be completed by the time I move in. As a result I had to deal with a massive construction site for 5 months ( out of 12).
    The agent was extremely polite, friendly and attentive... (read more)

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Train your staff properly, do not lie to your clients, stop overpricing your properties.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Jackie' 16/9/2014

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Daniel Green
    GU21
    £1100

Daniel Green

I have to say that the service was excellent on all levels. I will be pleased to use Foxtons at any time in the future. Mr Daniel Green was particularly helpful and informative, going above and beyond with helping me.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'SARAH' 16/9/2014

Branch:
    566 Chiswick High Road (London) (Greater London)
    W4
    £3683
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have kept on calling the number listed on zoopla's website but get no answer have tried this for the next day but aslo no answer. I tried calling from my mobile number instead of my land line and they finally answered which I found was weird but also kept me on hold and then told me that THEY will contact me later which never happened. Also couple of weeks ago I was looking for a property in central London and called them to arrange a viewing for a property I liked. They told me to hold and then told me they will call me back. which never happened. the next day I finally arranged a meeting but they cancelled it an hour earlier saying that something urgent happened and they won't be available for the next two hours. so I replied by asking when is it going to be? and guess what.. NO REPLY.

WORST COMPANY EVER. I WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH THEM.

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“they could answer the phone and be more professional”

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'Prospective customer' 11/9/2014

Branch:
    Unit 2 20 Canada Square (Canary Wharf) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Asim Naim
    E14

Asim Naim

I contacted Foxton's as I was looking to let a house in the area of Canary Wharf. I was approached by Asim who was always very friendly (but then again he is a salesman). After some conversation and the usual matching process, all was in place to let a property. But (and this is according to Asim) the landlord pulled out at the last minute. The reason I was given was unclear (and actually not the focus of my argument here) and I decided to focus on what was important: finding another property (as I needed to move in less than 1 month). As I was being told by Asim about the landlord's last... (read more)

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“From the abovementioned description, I would have appreciated to have been contacted. This falls in the general rule of wanting normal customer service, not even above the average, but normal.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Sylvain' 11/9/2014

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    Vikki Broad
    N8
    £400000

Vikki Broad

Very good service from day 1 until completion. Vikki came to value our property on our request and the advert was online less than a week after. After a few viewing, we received a very good offer which we accepted. Throughout the process, Vikki (or some of her colleagues) have kept us updated and reassured us when we were getting slightly stressed.
    This was the first time I was selling a property and would definitely use Foxtons again! Thanks to Vikki, Sophie and all the others (special thanks to kate) who came to our flat for show the flat to potential buyers!

8. A 5-star review by 'G van Rooyen' 11/9/2014

Branch:
    326-328 Creek Rd (Greenwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Vicci Smith, Vicci Smith
    SE8
    £315000

Vicci SmithVicci Smith

Good afternoon Vicci

I hope you are well. This is an email of massive thanks to you. We will always be grateful to you for helping us find our first home. We have dealt with many estate agents during our property search but none has made us feel so relax and in safe hands as you. I think they can all learn a lot from you on how to deal with potential clients regardless of how big or small their budget is. The help and support you gave us while going through the purchase process was second to none. You really went the extra mile for us. We will definitely come and see you again if we are in a fortunate position to buy another property.

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'Ghassan' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    gabriel cunningham
    KT1
    £219000

gabriel cunningham

What a worse nightmare they are, I bought flat from them .....,first they lie about service charges and ground rent, then they ask you to put 1 % deposit and no refundable .

and nothing you can do about that they claims they have been informed by the vendor and not them, and you can't get your 1% back.. here is the trikes they used to sell you the property...
    They have no moral value.

10. A 5-star review by 'AD' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Danielle Toland, Stephanie Murphy
    NW2
    £1906

Danielle TolandStephanie Murphy

I let my property through Foxtons last year. They found me a tenant quickly and efficiently. They then guided me through obtaining all the required safety checks, got the contract signed promptly, arranged for the inventory to be done and generally made sure all went smoothly. They were superb. They made it easy.
    This year I am letting though them again. This time, within 2 days of informing them that I wished to let the property again, they found me another tenant. Once again, they have been totally efficient and helpful . I have no hesitation in recommending them. Management and Team are professional, motivated and hardworking and it's really an excellent experience working with them