FREE Valuation
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.7 out of 5.0 based on 785 ratings. This website contains 779 user reviews of Foxtons.

• Foxtons has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 256 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Page last updated on: 27-May-2015 10:08:49

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 27)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    GU21
    £995
    Daniel Green

Daniel Green, Lettings Manager, provided an excellent and professional approach to find a new tenant for my property.
    Daniel kept me informed on a regular basis of the search for appropriat tenants.
    Within a very short time, Daniel had procured appropriate tenants, did all the references necessary on the tenants, emailed me the digital signing contract and obtained the deposit.
    A great service.
    Thank you, Daniel Green.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    302 – 304 Mare Street, (Hackney) (London) (Greater London)
    Chris Manderson
    E9 5
    Chris Manderson

My husband and I just bought our first flat and were very pleased with Foxtons's service.
    We were impressed by Chris Manderson's high level of efficiency. He helped us throughout the
    process by answering our questions (quite a few!) and chasing solicitors, etc.
    Even though there were delays in the operation, we felt that Chris worked extra hard to make us feel supported and to keep things moving. The service he provided was outstanding so I thought it was important to bring it to the manager's attention and the public.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    e1
    Gavie Raj

Excellent service form Gavie, very professional and a lot of help in our search for a property in this area

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    55 Fulham Broadway (Fulham) (London) (Greater London)
    Bradley Deadman
    w14
    Bradley Deadman

Dear Bradley,

Very many thanks for your assistance with our flat purchase.
    It all seemed to drag on through no fault of yours and you managed to encourage all the parties involved to keep the process on track.
    It was very helpful that you let us know when you were away and who to contact in your absence.
    Excellent service from first viewing to collecting the keys.

With very best wishes,

Jonathan

PS as we discussed on the phone our concern about dealing with Foxtons because of their reputation was completely unfounded!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Christopher Venter
    SE8
    £440000
    Christopher Venter

Very clear and highly professional management by the sales team, in particular Chris Venter. Having lost our own purchaser during the buying process Chris worked hard, and successfully, in order to keep our vendors onboard. Emails and calls were always returned quickly and we were treated in a very polite and friendly manner. Great judgement and spirit!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    WC1N
    £635000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Buying a property is a famously stressful time. It can easily become much less fun than it seemed to be at the start - disappointing properties, avaricious vendors, self-serving agents.

Jonny Allen at Foxtons West End was the antithesis. Although he's relatively young, he is confident, reassuring and detail-focused. He was able to track down suitable properties promptly, and was very generous with his time.

Never less than polite, Jonny also has a fine sense of humour. Which also matters.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    175 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Sophie McLaughlin
    SW19
    Sophie McLaughlin

Had a great experience looking for a property with Sophie, she was very friendly, informative and genuinely helpful throughout the whole process. She kept us up to date with any developments and it made the process of searching much easier.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    N1
    £380000
    Gavie Raj

Gavie seemed lovely. A touch over zealous perhaps and didn't really listen to my requirements showing me properties well outside of my price range but nothing you wouldn't expect from a young up start and certainly he seemed very friendly, building trust and rapport rapidly. This all changed when I informed him that I had an offer accepted through a different agent. Initially he just tried to persuade me that he could find me something better. When that didn't work he then asked me if I'd mind telling me about my purchase. His questions became more specific asking about the whereabouts of the... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    91-95 Notting Hill Gate Notting Hill (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    David Roberts, Stuart Bennett
    W11
    £1630000
    David RobertsStuart Bennett

David Roberts managed a very difficult sale brilliantly.
    If it wasn't for his character, skill and hard work this sale would never have happened due to the very diverse nature, conflicting interests and strong characters of all parties involved who up to the last minute could not come to an agreement.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Noah Wildman
    HA1
    £535000
    Shaun BaileyNoah Wildman

As Manager of the Branch, Shaun Bailey always provided very polite and prompt attention. He and his colleague were both very energetic in responding to my concerns and in dealing with the sale of my property. it was also presented in the best light. The publicity photographs were extremely attractive and, at the end of the day, they succeeded in selling my property at the asking price. Many thanks! In addition, the offices are also well presented. It was a pleasure to visit as all the staff were keen to please and succeeded in providing a very efficient service. Another resident where I live also wishes to sell her property and I have recommended her to Foxtons in Harrow.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 1 -star review by ''

nw21
    £2080
    Would you use the agent again? No

The property pictures are from couple of years old and the house looks terrible now
    U can`t just advertise in this conditions starting with fake pictures

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“never, is a big lyer”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Michael Chamberlain
    GU21
    £370000
    Michael Chamberlain

Michael and his team at the Woking office were very professional, helpful and responsive right from the start! I would certainly recommend Foxtons to my friends and family. Thank you for your perseverance and hard work on getting my sale over the line. It took a while but so pleased we got there in the end!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Natasha Shepherd
    HA4
    £1400
    Natasha Shepherd

Natasha is without doubt the most friendliest and genuine estate agent that I have encountered. In showing us two properties close to our daughter's primary school, she was helpful and supportive; in addition her calm and bubbly nature made us feel very comfortable. Before hand I have been told by friends that Foxton had a reputation for being quite withdrawn from their prospective clients but in my first time dealing with them I found the experience pleasurable and great. Its quite a shame that we have found another property via another agency otherwise we were extremely happy in our dealings with her.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    54 The Mall (Ealing Common) (London) (Greater London)
    carlo crismann
    W13
    £1300
    carlo crismann

I would just like to say how useful and informative Carlo was throughout our property search. He always made time for us and assisted us to the best of his ability during our search.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

se18
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

excellent customer service with very friendly staff. they are experts on properties and they put extra effort on helping their customers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Building 1, Chiswick Park 556 Chicwick High Road. (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Property Management
    Ian Bailey
    SW7
    Ian Bailey

Hello Mr. Bailey,
    Just a few words to say how much we appreciated the time and effort that you and your team undertook in order to resolve this lengthy insurance claim.
    Many thanks to all concerned and to yourself in particular, for keeping me constantly informed , updating me throughout these months and for being readily available with advice when requested.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    506 – 508 Brixton Road, (Brixton) (London) (Greater London)
    Jon Purvis
    SW11
    £3900
    Jon Purvis

We dealt with many estate agents in our lettings search throughout London and Jon was the BEST estate agent we met. He was extremely resourceful, always courteous and timely, and went the extra mile for us trying to find the perfect property to our specific and high standards. He is a true gentleman with integrity and a really helpful approach -- NO hard sell which we especially appreciated. We wish Jon the very best and we are very grateful for all his good help and counsel.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, James Murdock
    HA2
    Shaun BaileyJames Murdock

The agents dealing with my sale were professional and courteous at all times. I never felt that I was left out of the loop and always received a thorough and prompt response when it was required, in fact they went out of their way to keep me informed and ensure the sale process was kept on track as well as was possible. The agents I dealt with improve the reputation of estate agents in general, which is sorely needed within this industry. Employees with their approach can only help to improve the business opportunities of their employers who operate within this part of the property market.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU PAY A HIGHER FEE FOR A BETTER SERVICE BUT, ALTHOUGH HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE, I FEEL THE FEES ARE TOO FAR IN EXCESS OF THEIR COMPETITORS. IF THE FEE REMAINED HIGHER THAN OTHER AGENTS BUT WAS LOWER THAN IT CURRENTLY IS, THE AGENCY MIGHT FIND THEY ATTRACT FAR MORE CUSTOM WHILST INCREASING THEIR BOTTOM LINE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 The Grove, London, E15 1EL (London) (Greater London)
    Charlotte Sadler, Scott Duncan
    E11
    £218000
    Charlotte SadlerScott Duncan

I really appreciated Charlotte and Scott's efforts. The sale wasn't always easy and ended up taking longer than any of us initially expected. However I was impressed by their commitment and ability to stay good humoured.

I've been impressed by Foxtons, and would happily recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

GU22
    £372500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was extremely impressed with the service that I received in selling my flat with Foxtons for the following reasons.

On introduction to the service, the manager was professional and provided all the information that I needed without any unrealistic, unachievable price and no pushy sales pitch other than a reassurance and knowledge of the local sales trends.

When arranging viewings the representatives were well dressed, smart in appearance, very respectful and knowledgeable about my property and surrounding area. They would always text, or phone to arrange viewings ensuring I was... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“GIVEN THE HIGH LEVEL OF SERVICE AND THE FACT THAT THEY ACHIEVED ALMOST MY FULL ASKING PRICE, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE FEE THAT IS ASKED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have recently been looking for properties to rent in Richmond and Oli was excellent. He was always in touch re my search, emailed me properties as soon as they came on to the market and went out of his way to show me properties at times that were convenient to me. He also took a thorough brief from me re exactly what I was looking for so that he could search from relevant properties. I would highly recommend Oli to anyone who is looking to rent in the Richmond/St Margarets areas.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1-2 Trinity Gate, Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Tom Jennings
    GU1
    £1
    Tom Jennings

I needed to move flats due to an ongoing divorce and business pressures, so a difficult and stressful time. The staff at Foxtons were all friendly, very efficient and clearly willing to help. It goes along way to have smiling, knowledgeable people taking the strain out of the process. A great job and I recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Holiday rental
    Danielle Glance, Sinead Conlon
    SW1Y
    £3600
    Danielle GlanceSinead Conlon

Danielle, Sinèad, and Jamie were all very professional and responsive to our questions and concerns while trying to arrange a holiday let in London from our full time residence in San Mateo, California.

Danielle made sure we understood the rental process and kept us informed throughout the offer and acceptance phases of our lease.

Sinèad helped speed up the offer process and Jamie assisted us with several technological hurdles.

Deciding to use Foxton's for our holiday rental was the best decision we have made this year!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Preet Kooner, Sally Creswell
    HA4
    £2100
    Preet KoonerSally Creswell

We found that Preet Kooner the managing agent was very kind, polite, punctual and patient. She was consistent in her efforts in sourcing a property for us and was very pragmatic in her approach. I could tell very early on in the property search that Preet was determined to find us the right home, and we are glad that this materialised. She supported us very well in dialogue with the landlord, completing registration forms and mandatory paperwork. Preet Kooner is an asset to your company (Foxtons) and we wish her all the success in her future.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE ACCEPTABLE AND COMPETITIVE IN THE MARKET PLACE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    w2
    £1800
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My boyfriend and I recently rented a flat through Foxtons and Danielle Glance was our estate agent to do this for us. I wanted to let you know (and I'm hoping I have you as the right manager for her!) that she really was such a pleasure to have help us. She really went above and beyond to make sure we moved by our deadline – and we left it very late so timing was tight…and we were a little picky! She was so friendly and helpful and in comparison to other estate agents we had been dealing with, within Foxtons and outside, she was outstanding – a real asset to the company. I am so glad she reached out to us when we started looking, we are very happy with the flat and are so appreciative of her hard work and time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    26 Westow Hill (Crystal Palace) (Greater London)
    Nick Stops, Amanda Halaka
    SE19
    £310000
    Nick StopsAmanda Halaka

The Foxtons Crystal Palace branch did some excellent work in getting the sale of my flat completed in quick time and at a good price. I was really pleased with the outcome and the service from this office throughout the process. Foxtons absolutely justified the fee and provided a far more professional and effective service than the other agent I was using previously.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOXTONS FEES ARE HIGHER THAN THEIR COMPETITORS. BUT HAVING HAD THE PROPERTY ON THE MARKET WITH A CHEAPER AGENT PREVIOUSLY, THEY JUSTIFIED THIS FEE BY SELLING THE PROPERTY QUICKLY AND AT A HIGHER PRICE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Georgina Cavey
    N5
    £2580
    Georgina Cavey

I can honestly say that Georgina Cavey is by far the best agent we've ever come across. I'd be the first to admit we're not the easiest of clients - we had a very very specific and difficult brief. No one else came close to finding what we were after, but Georgina nailed it.

Not only that, but she's incredibly friendly and always utterly professional. I really felt like she cared about us and finding us a beautiful home, rather than trying to get another commission like I often feel with agents.

I couldn't recommend her enough.

Comments on the Agents fees

“RELATIVELY STEEP, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT FOR THE SERVICE. WE DID GET STUNG WITH THE DEPOSIT, BUT I BELIEVE THAT WAS DOWN TO THE LANDLORD.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Gregory Boxer, Debora Abreu
    TW11
    £305000
    Gregory BoxerDebora Abreu

Excellent service from Foxtons. Greg fully explained how he and his team would market our flat and ensured that we were happy with this. The number of suitable potential buyers they generated was impressive. We were always given prior notice of viewings and given feedback as to the outcome of each viewing. Their proactive approach resulted in us having a viable offer within a few weeks of being marketed by them. Excellent service, highly recommend and would use again!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FELT THE FEES WERE TOO HIGH WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER LOCAL AGENTS, HOWEVER, THEY REALLY DID WORK HARD FOR THE MONEY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Silvana Borja
    NW2
    Silvana Borja

Hi there,

Even though we have not rented through Foxtons in the end, my partner and I were so happy to meet Silvana Borja during our flat hunting. We rented through a private landlord in the end just because it was about a loft style property but regardless, Silvana has been an amazing agent. We even made an offer for a place in Cricklewood (1 Richborough Road)

Since day 1 she has been warm, welcoming and fun to work with. She immediately understood our needs and what we were looking for even though, considering our budget and the type of property we had in mind, it was not an easy task.... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 1 -star review by ''

Ryan Forrester
    SE8
    Ryan Forrester

Ryan is excessively pushy and very rude. He has an attitude problem and asked for our card details over the phone which is illegal as it doesn't come close to PSI DSS.