FREE Valuation

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.7 out of 5.0 based on 817 ratings. This website contains 811 user reviews of Foxtons.

• Foxtons has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 259 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Page last updated on: 30-Jul-2015 09:34:33

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 28)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

ADAM O\\\'LEARY, Debora Abreu
    TW11
    £742000
    ADAM O\'LEARYDebora Abreu

The reason for this excellent score is quite simply because I received excellent service from beginning to end of the house-selling process. Adam valued my house accurately; other agents assured me his figure was wildly optimistic but he turned out to be absolutely right. This expertise was impressive and I'm really pleased I trusted him. Furthermore, he was extremely professional in managing the process. He knew it was important to keep me posted at every turn, to reassure me and to maintain a really positive outlook throughout - it can be a very worrying time for a vendor and there is no... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOXTONS IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHER AGENTS BUT IN MY CASE, DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY FOR THE REASONS OUTLINED ABOVE. I HAVE NO OBJECTION TO PAYING MORE IF IT MEANS THE SERVICE IS SO EFFICIENT AND SUCCESSFUL - AND, ULTIMATELY, IF IT MEANS I MAKE MORE MONEY ON MY HOUSE-SALE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Alice Thompson, Jennifer Purchase
    se21
    £282500
    Alice ThompsonJennifer Purchase

Dishonest estate agent. Avoid at all cost. I had the misfortune of dealing with both their sales and lettings departments as I was buying an investment property. The knew the property was in a dismal condition and told lies when questioned, pressured me to exchange contracts quickly by telling me about prospective tenants, would not let another agent do the valuations etc. It was all a plot, a conspiracy for me to buy this flat! When we had the survey done, all the defects were noted. We wasted all this money on mortgage fess (2000 pounds too), two surveys, search fees, solicitor fess etc. Lied to us - that's what I'm so angry about

Avoid, avoid, avoid. Have nothing to do with them

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Gavie Raj, Karen Keating
    E3
    £515000
    Gavie RajKaren Keating

I recently used Foxtons in Shoreditch to buy my first flat and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I bought the flat through Gavie and Karen stepped in towards exchange / completion. They consistently went over and above to make the purchase as smooth as possible.

Gavie was extremely accommodating when it came to viewings. He worked around my schedule and offered to do viewings after hours. He understood our requirements and knew exactly what we wanted straight away. Foxtons had the best quality properties and the most stock. The property we found was one of the first that we saw, Gavie... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Gregory Boxer, christine wilkinson
    TW11
    £32000
    Gregory Boxerchristine wilkinson

Greg has always been polite, efficient, and friendly. He always kept us informed of proceedings - even responding to our emails during the weekend. We couldn't have asked for a better service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    Imogen Harrison-Broadley, Kate
    N4
    £507000
    Imogen Harrison-BroadleyKate

We listed our flat with the team at Foxtons' Crouch End office in January 2015. We had the misfortune of our original buyer dropping out at the last minute. Imogen and the team did their best to reassure us and were able to find a new buyer (who put forward a better offer than the original buyer) within a matter of days.

The team, and in particular Imogen, were ferocious in ensuring that our chain stayed together by chasing up the solicitors and estate agents involved and, fortunately, the sale went through just over one month after securing the new buyer.

Quite frankly, I cannot imagine another company or branch offering a more professional, responsive service. I would happily use them again (if I still lived in Crouch End!).

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    239 Old Brompton Road (London) (Greater London)
    Marcin Narweski
    sw10
    £1950
    Marcin Narweski

Marcin Narweski did an excellent job helping us to find our new home. He worked long hours, once the shop was closed, and did his best to help us getting our rental agreement

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1-2 Trinity Gate, Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    No staff selected.
    Gu1
    Would you use the agent again? No

I contacted Foxtons in the hunt for a rental house as they are a big name in the industry. I had very specific requirements and a limited budget but had my afternoon wasted viewing properties that were too expensive or not relevant. Waste of time and unprofessional.

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Listen to your clients!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Saijal Parmar
    Ha1
    £365000
    Shaun BaileySaijal Parmar

Awesome confidence in getting the price...which they did on day 1 of listing. At least �,���� more than expected. The sales team is so professional and so efficient that they are always worth giving it a go before any other agents.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DESERVING CONSIDERING THE PRICE THEY ACHIEVED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Noah Wildman, Shaun Bailey
    Ha14
    £625000
    Noah WildmanShaun Bailey

We had been trying to sell our property for 5 months with another agent, without success. Within 2 weeks of registering with the team in harrow we had a buyer. They have processed the sale efficiently and professionally throughout. Thank you very much.

Comments on the Agents fees

“INITIALLY I FELT THE FEES WERE HIGH, BUT FOXTONS ACHIEVED MORE THAN OUR ORIGINAL ASKING PRICE, AND GOT US A BUYER IN SUPER QUICK TIME.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1117 Finchley Road (London) (Greater London)
    Nick Mayhead, Chuck Madekwe
    NW11
    £495500
    Nick MayheadChuck Madekwe

Could not have been more impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of Nick, Chuck and everyone at Foxtons Temple Fortune. They had dozens of people see the flat within days of it being marketed, achieved a significantly higher price than I had expected and dealt with some awkward obstacles (mostly caused by me) flexibly and pragmatically. Completely first class service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEIR FEES WERE A LITTLE HIGHER THAN OTHER COMPANIES AND BEFORE PUTTING MY HOME ON THE MARKET I GAVE QUITE A LOT OF THOUGHT AS TO WHETHER TO INSTRUCT A LESS EXPENSIVE AGENT. I'M EXTREMELY GLAD I DIDN'T. THE SALE PRICE THEY ACHIEVED WAS MANY TENS OF THOUSANDS OF POUNDS IN EXCESS OF THE ASKING PRICE SUGGESTED BY OTHER AGENTS AND COVERED THE SLIGHTLY HIGHER COST OF THEIR FEES MANY, MANY TIMES OVER.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    98 High Street (Barnet) (Greater London)
    No staff selected.
    EN1
    £1650
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was very disappointed with the lack of professionalism from Foxtons.

They rented us a property with numerous problems- mice infestation, filthy (although they claimed it had been professionally cleaned), a shower which did not work (and took 6 weeks to fix), generally falling apart in places, glass missing from a panel in the back door, bailiffs coming round because of debts owed by the landlord.

Although I appreciated a lot of these problems stem from the landlord, I have no sympathy for Foxtons. If they are renting out a property in their name, they should have a better grasp on the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE AND UNNECESSARY AGENT FEES CONSIDERING THE VERY LITTLE THEY DID TO ENSURE WE COULD BEGIN LIVING IN OUR NEW HOME.”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Totally inappropriate and unnecessary agent fees considering the very little they did to ensure we could begin living in our new home.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Anzelika Kvietkauskaite, Greg Boxer
    TW2
    £475000
    Anzelika KvietkauskaiteGreg Boxer

The agent was very responsive to initial viewing requests, and was punctual, courteous and informative on subsequent, and multiple, site visits. Also, having established the type and character of the property I was looking for, she was pro-active in identifying and recommending the property I subsequently purchased - one I had not originally considered.
    Once I had made an offer, support and regular progress updates were supplied by the second agent, who continued to maintain good communication throughout the final process.
    Both Twickenham agents provided a supportive and pleasant experience for what is otherwise a very demanding and stressful process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit 2 20 Canada Square (Canary Wharf) (London) (Greater London)
    Michal Bocian
    E14
    £1600
    Michal Bocian

I wanted to tell you about Michal. I am sure you know what an exceptional employee he is - organised, reliable, honest, articulate - all the good stuff you should get with an exemplary estate agent.

But what I wanted to tell you about is what a truly lovely human being he is.

The pair of us have been through an incredibly stressful 48 hours while letting my flat. Throughout it all - when I was a cross, snappy, stressed out old cow, Michal remained calm, kind, understanding and reassuring. He walked that extra mile (marathon) to get what we both needed, down to letting gas engineers in, waiting for until after 7pm to get the job done AND paying them in cash from his own bank account.

What a hero.

Thank you Michal - and thank you Foxton's for employing him.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Nick Hill
    SE22
    Nick Hill

Nick Hill has been handling the purchase of our first flat (which is still ongoing and has been a bit complicated) but I just wanted to let you know that Nick has been absolutely fantastic in helping us with our purchase. Not only is Nick incredibly personable and friendly, he has been brilliant at answering all of our queries quickly and thoroughly and has been a real asset to us (and will continue to be) throughout this process.

I know these days it's usually only complaint emails people take the time to write, but I wanted to make sure that Nick got the praise that he very well deserves - he is a real asset to Foxtons.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    Penina Davidoff
    e5
    £1
    Penina Davidoff

I just wanted to say that Penina was really good from the start, she managed to meet our demands, making sure that we could find the perfect house for our needs we are pleased with the service that she has given us, and I recommend it to you all .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    175 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Nicholas Cumberlege
    SW19
    £3100
    Nicholas Cumberlege

Nicholas is the Shorts Let Negotiator that my son and his other student friends were dealing with for this tenancy. As the guarantor for my son's part in the process I dealt with Nicholas. At all times he was polite and friendly. I had a few problems with the short notice for documents - the short notice was not due to anything that Nicholas did or didn't do - Nicholas suggested alternatives and it was all settled within a day. The move was urgent and Nicholas was doing his best to get it all sorted. The boys got the keys on time and were able to move smoothly across. I believe that they had good service from Nicholas as well. A real break from the agent and agency they dealt with last year. I trust that Nicholas will continue his excellent care throughout the year.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT HAD NO INDIVIDUAL CONTROL OVER FOXTONS DEPOSIT AND REFUND POLICY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Greg Boxer
    Tw7
    Greg Boxer

Greg did a fantastic job in the selling of our property. We had previously been with another estate agent who was very poor in comparison. Greg had multiple viewings and kept is informed every step of the way. Even though it was tricky as he was working witj myself and my dad who were abroad a lot. He managed to always keep us updated and work relentlessly to get viewings and push the property. Even though Foxtons charge a slightly higher fee than some other estate agents they are definitely worth the extra as they are a different level.
    Couldn't recommend highly enough

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Laura Jull
    ha2
    £599950
    Shaun BaileyLaura Jull

From the word go, Shaun was positive, professional, friendly and helpful. He was quite different to the usual agents and I felt he genuinely wanted to do the best for his client. He kept me fully informed and promptly returned my calls and dealt with any requests I had. He handled things smoothly and reassured me when there were issues that needed to be resolved. In my experience in dealing with estate agents, I feel Shaun went the extra mile. When dealing with other staff members, I have always found them to be polite and helpful.

I am happy that I chose Foxtons to sell my house, but I must add that it was because of Shaun Bailey. I wish him all the best for the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    108 - 110 High St (Beckenham) (Greater London)
    Charlie Brown
    BR2
    £900
    Charlie Brown

Charlie been very friendly ,helpful and capable.She understand exactly the kind of property that you're looking for.In just one word she's been great!! Many thanks to Foxton and Charlie for the excellent service.I will recommend Foxton to everyone needs to move cause I sure that they cannot find a better service.
    In particular the office in Beckenham and of course Charlie.
    Thanks
    M.L.

21. 2
    people found this

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1-2 Trinity Gate, Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Harvey
    GU2
    Harvey

Harvey, was always in touch enquiring about my property search and I knew he was sincerely concerned about how far I have gone and also with consideration on my budgets, his telephone manners are also exceptional. I would recommend Foxton anytime, anywhere...Thanks for your service

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (London) (Greater London)
    Danielle Glance
    SE11
    £500
    Danielle Glance

I addressed Danielle Glance when I started looking for an apartment as my tenancy was about to expire. After a quick chat, explaining my situation and what I was looking for, Danielle worked tirelessly to find me many options to choose from, bearing in mind my requirements and the things that I liked. Apartment viewings can be quite exhausting but Danielle always had a smile on her face and always came up with different apartments and suggestions, also showing me the ones that I asked to view. She eventually found an apartment that would suit me perfectly and I made an offer. I couldn't have had a better agent, she remained incredibly helpful and available at all times, especially with all the details regarding the payment and the tenancy agreement. Overall, Foxtons provided an excellent service and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Danielle as an amazing agent to find your dream house.

24. 1
    person found this

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    GU21
    £1075
    Daniel Green

We have just exchanged contracts for the letting of our property. The property hasn't been on the market for long and Daniel was able to secure an offer at the highest price for a 3 year period. Exchanging contracts was an easy process, all done online. I am very happy with the service I have received from Foxtons so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE HIGH AT 17%. HOWEVER, I AM EXPECTING A FIRST-CLASS, PROFESSIONAL SERVICE FOR THIS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Sara Alaf
    HA1
    Shaun BaileySara Alaf

Shaun, Sara and the team at Foxtons Harrow were excellent, professional, and always available. They made the process of selling as easy as possible and were always on hand to deal with queries and any issues which arose. Shaun in particular is a standout professional and I would sell through him and the team again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Warren McCann, Joe Burrows
    SE23
    Warren McCannJoe Burrows

We never had a moment's regret after switching agents to Foxtons (Dulwich Branch). We had complete confidence in Foxtons after meeting Warren McCann, and he and his team didn't let us down. Joe Burrows (who dealt with our sale) was polite, helpful, persistent and very 'human' at all times. Very communicative - I never had to chase for a response - he called me first. We felt very well looked after - and they got us a great price.
    Can't speak for other branches, but we highly recommend the services of the Dulwich team.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Keri Stanley, Tom
    HA5
    £321500
    Keri StanleyTom

Keri was fantastic. She is dedicated, hard working and was always available if we needed to discuss our sale, no matter what time of day.

Also, whenever we were at the flat for a viewing, young Tom was very professional and we were thoroughly impressed with his approach to showing people round.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ON THE FEES AS THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY CONSIDERABLY HIGHER THAN MOST OTHER AGENTS. HOWEVER, KERI'S HARD WORK AND COMMITMENT HELPED TO JUSTIFY PAYING THE PREMIUM.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    811 High Road (Finchley) (London) (Greater London)
    Tom Case
    N12
    £1100
    Tom Case

We had a very good experience with Foxtons North Finchley. They are very professional and helpful. I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking to rent in this area.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    26 Westow Hill (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    vincent inglese
    No postcode selected.
    vincent inglese

I in particular appreciated vincent inglese's professionalism and kindness. He is very competent and made my search for the flat a very smooth process

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Gregory Boxer
    TW3
    £662500
    Gregory Boxer

Difficult to not say everything nice about Greg - he is persuasive, diligent, immaculately dressed, soft spoken but firm, knows his job very well, very friendly and yet focussed on the business in hand, great negotiation skills, and always ahead of the game. I don't think we would have achieved the price for our very much loved home without his involvement. When I was in practice as a chartered accountant I had several estate agents as clients and from experience of dealing with agents Greg is simply the best. He is not just someone who sold my house...... he is a friend for life.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE CHARGED JUST A TAD LESS - SAY 2%”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    175 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Gary Howorth, Bhumi Ghimire
    SW18
    Gary HoworthBhumi Ghimire

Gary was excellent at very rapidly identifying the fears and insecurties of a couple who were about to sell their flat remotely from Nepal and addressing those insecurities and fears very reassuringly! I work in the hospitality industry and totally admire this asses. Although our first offer was pulled out , we felt a sense of confidence with Gary.

We have gone full circle with Foxtons from renting the flat to then buying it and living in it and then letting it and finally selling it. All phases of the cycle have been very good especially the sale bit has been fantastic. So a big thank you to Katherine and Cameron for their amazing customer service during the sale of the flat as well. If we ever plan on selling a flat in the UK again, it will be with Foxtons ( East Putney Foxtons !)

A huge big thank you !

Comments on the Agents fees

“JUSTIFIED FOR THE HARD WORK AND THE EXTRA MILE THESE GUYS WENT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    John Wyber, Deborah Stanton
    NW6
    £715000
    John WyberDeborah Stanton

Foxtons are not the cheapest agent around (in fact I had one company offer to sell my flat free of charge as they needed presence in the area, but they valued it at �100k beneath what I eventually sold it for),
    But I chose them for two reasons, the first was that the John was incredibly helpful and not pushy. In spite of his youth he seemd to understand that it is a stressful time selling and was very patient with all my ups and downs. I am now trying to buy a place and I find dealing with Foxton staff a pleasure.