Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FREE Valuation
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 736 ratings. This website contains 730 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

• 247 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 05-Mar-2015 17:06:52

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 25)

1. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    KT6
    £950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible experience when trying to renew tenancy for short term, by one month on top of 12 month tenancy agreement. Why so short - we are leaving the country.

Tenancy was coming to an end in three months and we were asked to renew or leave. A one month extension was agreed to, we signed agreement & paid the �96 renewal fee (extortion for few admin tasks/documents). Within 4 days of the initial agreement, we were told Landlord had changed their mind and would not agree to just one month extension as this would put them into worse position when marketing the flat. Finally a two week... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“CHARGED TWICE FOR RENEWAL (WHEN THEY DIDN\'T RESPECT THE 1ST AGREEMENT AND BULLIED US TO AGREE TO A SHORTER ONE THEMSELVES) £150 FOR CHECK-UP FEE OF UNFURNISHED PROPERTY - TOO HIGH.”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Charged twice for renewal (when they didn\'t respect the 1st agreement and bullied us to agree to a shorter one themselves) £150 for check-up fee of unfurnished property - too high.”

2. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Adam Dales
    NW3
    £2560
    Adam Dales

It has taken nearly 3 months, 3 different engineers and 133 email conversations to ( nearly) get our central heating fixed. Excuses, lies and procrastination by Foxtons who have made absolutely no effort to provide even a smidge of customer service. Funny that a complaint to the property ombudsman ( highly recommended ) has finally gotten their attention and at last a competent engineer has been dispatched to solve the problem.

Their service is symptomatic of a fat cat organisation employing young boys to do grown up work with no regard whatsoever for the paying tenant. Avoid if at all possible. They are incompetent

“A WASTE OF MONEY.”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“A waste of money.”

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Nik Yankov
    E15
    Nik Yankov

Nik Yankov, is the worst leeting negotiator ever, he tried to do his job so well,my opinion is I think he can't do his job,very disappointed with Foxtons.

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    ADAM O\\\'LEARY
    TW2
    £430000
    ADAM O\'LEARY

From outset, a very friendly and professional service. A great understanding of the stress involved on our part and I felt my hand was held all way through the process.

“WELL EARNED”

Branch:
    50-52 Clerkenwell Road, Clerkenwell (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Alastair Cochrane East Grinstead
    EC1
    £440000
    Alastair Cochrane East Grinstead

Excellent service and persistence to ensure the sale exchanged which as well as dealing with the purchasers included liaising with solicitors and mortgage brokers. Good communication at all times.

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Lucy King, Daniel Green
    GU22
    £1450
    no photo Daniel Green
    Lucy KingDaniel Green

Lucy King was always on time for viewings and was really professional and friendly. She kept me up to date with new properties on the market. She and Daniel Green were very efficient with the whole tenancy process. It was a pleasure dealing with them.

7. A 5-star review by ''

Hexin He
    HA3
    Hexin He

Hexin He was very friendly, expressive to the point, knowledgeable, gently persuasive, articulate and was a pleasure to deal with. She kept in touch throughout and kept feeding me with pertinent information.
    My wife and I felt that she is what an Estate Agent should be.

8. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    George Gray
    SW1
    George Gray

Tried many agents, including Foxtons ... In your office George Gray was my agent, who was a great guy. Compared to other agencies, Foxtons (I noticed) has the best staff: well trained, open minded people who know their job. But even on that background, George was much more professional, could talk about everything, knew the area well, the history, his preferences ... all the things that can help a person connect to the area. Even, when the door keys did not work, he ran to the next building, asked the fire marshal to come and open the door so we could go in and view the flat. Now, although I chose a different flat with another agency (as it was closer to where I live), I would like to say thanks for having such a staff and a colleague like George.

HA1
    £435000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Service was good all round...
    It was a stressful time in my life...but ended on a good note...a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders...
    Foxtons was my 3rd Estate Agents, they were upfront all the way, which was very comforting...
    Glad Foxtons got the commission!!!!
    Thanking each and every staff member that got on board...cannot remember all the names, thanks for all the calls and emails....

Branch:
    168 Lavender Hill (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    SW8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have used Foxtons now for some time. We previously had a different letting agent who were hopeless. The difference was unbelievable. We are kept informed and feel that the property and tenants are well monitored. We have recently had problems with a couple of tenants. The situation has been well managed.

“APPROPRIATE”

1. A 5-star review by ''

James Murdock, Hexin He
    HA3
    £225000
    James MurdockHexin He

The agents understood the particular selling features we wanted emphasised, and produced a very professional brochure, with a significant number of kigh quality photographs in the internet version. This was important to differentiate this property from others for sale in the same block.
    They gave good advice on pricing, and brought a number of prospects around - with two offers being made. Hex handled the survey issues arising competently - particularly helpful as I was living at a distance.

All in all I was pleased with the whole service received - I needed a good, reliable and pro active agent - as I was resident in a distant location. I was kept well informed, with good use of the internet rather than letters.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS AGENT CHARGED A HIGHER FEE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER AGENTS I CONSIDERED FOR THE PROPERTY, AND WAS NOT FLEXIBLE WITH COMMISSION RATE. THIS INITIALLY GAVE ME A CONCERN, BUT I ACCEPTED THAT A GOOD AGENT COULD REALISE THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE PROPERTY AND PRICE ACCORDINGLY. IN THE EVENT THIS WAS BORNE OUT AND I ACHIEVED A SATISFACTORY NET RESULT, INCLUDING FEES.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Greg Boxer
    TW33
    £195000
    Greg Boxer

The sale of the flat was due to my Brother dying so was a very difficult time for all of us as a family.
    Greg Boxer supported us throughout . We could not have asked for anything more.
    He liaised with solicitor/ Buyer and completely kept us up to date every step of the way.
    This was a leasehold property with a short term lease left on the property. So was not an easy straight forward sale and although there were problems and lots of information required which carried it on for longer than expected. Greg was at the end of a phone at all times to point us in the right direction.
    I would recommend Fox tons but I would ensure they would ask for Greg Boxer if available.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOBODY IS EVER HAPPY WITH A 3% FEE. THE ONLY REASON WE ACCEPTED WAS BECAUSE THE EXTRA OUT OF HOURS SUPPORT WAS THERE SHOULD WE REQUIRE IT.”

3. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    1-2 Trinity Gate, Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Tom Jennings
    gu1
    £2400
    Tom Jennings

We moved to Guilford from Italy, and arranged everything form Italy. We were extremely lucky that Tom Jennings handled our rent. He has been our saving grace. We found a few people not particularly helpful in Foxtons Guilford, but, in the end, we had a great experience because of Tom: any time we had a problem or wanted some advice, we walked to his office and the problem was solved. I believe that our experience in Guilford would have been quite different had we not met Tom. So ranking of Tom is ``oustanding'', and my ranking of Foxtons Guilford is ``good''.

4. 2
    people found this

A 1-star review by ''

No branch selected
    NW8
    £1170
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented a flat managed by Foxtons, after I moved out they took almost two months to return my deposit, I called and sent emails. I never had an answer to the emails when I called back always heard excuses. After I received my deposit I never received and apology or any justification.

I never seen so unprofessional behaviour, Foxtons should know the emails should be answered.

Recruitment should be improved, the people I had contacted never return calls or answer to emails, they are too busy.

The image I have form Foxtons is ‘they don't care about the customer'

Branch:
    Unit 2 20 Canada Square (Canary Wharf) (London) (Greater London)
    George Egford, Vincent Engelbrecht
    SW17
    £760000
    George EgfordVincent Engelbrecht

I would just like to extend my feedback to say how refreshing it was to be looked after so well by Jack Holding at the Earlsfield branch. We have dealt with a great deal of estate agents on our property search over the past year and a half and Jack by far stood out as the most professional, hands on, helpful, communicative and dedicated salesmen who went above and beyond for my husband and I. We were so thrilled to finally find our dream home and this was down to all of Jack's efforts. Jack and Earlsfield Foxtons (including Ed who was equally as efficient), we can't thank you enough. I will certainly be recommending Foxtons Earlsfield to friends who are also on the property hunt at the moment - which for some reason (must be that age) is quite a few! Happy New Year and thanks again. Vicki & George

Noah Wildman, Shaun Bailey
    HA1
    £272950
    Noah WildmanShaun Bailey

Given how the market was last summer with all the crowded opening house viewings, buying our new place through Foxtons couldn't have worked out better. I mostly dealt with Noah over the purchase but his boss Shaun had shown us round for the second viewing. He had allowed us to go away and not rush our decision over the weekend. Given that he was the one that would be speaking with the vendor he wanted to be sure we were committed and viable. Breathe of fresh air to actually do business with honesty and integrity. Not the usual pressured techniques that estate agents are good at.
    Every time i had contacted Noah i had received a professional response and re assurance.
    Nice to see the bar raised and how this should be conducted. Thank you Noah and Shaun.

Comments on the Agents fees

“N/A AS I WAS THE PURCHASER”

7. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    Miriame Oussellam, Kate Blenheim
    N8
    £245000
    Miriame OussellamKate Blenheim

I contacted Foxtons Crouch End after a sale which had been agreed on my property through another local agent had fallen through. I felt that the agent involved had mis-handled the sale, resulting in a lot of lost time. As I do not live locally, I called the manager, Miriame who carried out a valuation of the property. From the start of the process I felt that Miriame had a real appreciation of the merits of the property and understood how it needed to be marketed. She had enough confidence in the property and courage of her own convictions to suggest marketing at a figure 10% higher than the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGHER THANK OTHER LOCAL AGENTS, BUT THEY EARNED IT, SO IN HINDSIGHT WELL WORTH PAYING.”

8. A 5-star review by ''

No branch selected
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    E9
    £725000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Completely professional, attentive and hard working throughout.

Played a key role in the successful purchase of my new home.

Would certainly recommend.

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    anthony shardrach
    nw10
    anthony shardrach

Anthony is a great asset to Foxtons, he is proactive always approachable, knowledgeable. We on our 3rd purchase with Foxtons in circa 8 mths and being a remote investor he has always kept on top to ensure the transaction completes. He just amazing and I hope he achieives his goals at foxtons.

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Silvana Borja
    NW6
    £1235
    Silvana Borja

As a newly married couple, and having never lived in London before, the world of estate agents and rental prices felt a little overwhelming to say the least. After trying various phone numbers I accidentally stumbled upon an advert for a rental property from Foxtons. The first thing that I was surprised at was how friendly and welcoming their staff were on the phone. Speaking to Silvana Borja felt very different to a lot of other estate agents I spoke to; there was genuine interest in helping us. After describing what we were looking for, I was shown around three potential properties by her that afternoon, one of which hadn't even been put up on the market. I wanted to make a quick decision, so there and then decided to put a deposit down. From that point on the process has been slick and easy. The Customer Service - from Silvana in particular - has been absolutely exceptional, every question has been answered at every stage of the process and I couldn't recommend Foxtons highly enough, they have been fantastic.

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    1117 Finchley Road (Temple Fortune) (London) (Greater London)
    Joseph Menahem
    NW11
    £450000
    Joseph Menahem

I would like to formally submit my feedback on the exceptional service received we received from Joseph Menahem with the sale of our home.
    From the first moment until the last we felt totally supported with Joseph's top level and expert advice.
    Despite needing to sell the property in a very short time, we succeeded in getting an excellent price in a very short time span (2 months from advertising to completion, even with the Christmas holidays in the middle!)
    Joseph was strategic, knowledgeable, and always took the time to explain everything to us patiently, and in laymen's terms.
    He was also constantly in touch with us, totally committed to moving things forward fast, 100% professional at all times, and made us feel as relaxed as possible knowing that he was overseeing the whole transaction.
    Compared to the experience we have had with other estate agents in the past, this was a whole new league.
    We were so pleased with the service that we couldn't have been happier to pay the 3% commission, which we felt that Joseph and his team earned completely.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    108 - 110 High St (Beckenham) (Greater London)
    Charlie Brown
    Br3
    Charlie Brown

Thanks for all your help and for your foresight in taking us to this property. I think you knew mums needs better than I did by listening to me. You truly are an asset to Foxtons. Mums very happy with her new home.

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    98 St John's Wood Terrace (St Johns Wood) (London) (Greater London)
    Marina Bozzo
    W9
    £1452
    Marina Bozzo

My fiance and I have recently found a new flat with Foxtons. Thanks to Marina Bozzo, who dealt with us throughout, this process was incredibly enjoyable, smooth and very successful.

Marina was polite, friendly and very helpful throughout. She listened to exactly what we wanted, and provided advice and ideas. She was also patient during times when we were maybe a little too picky, and stayed positive while persevering to help us find the right place (which we absolutely have). Marina wasn't pushy in any way (which was a nice change from many of the other non-Foxtons agents we were dealing with) and showed that she really understood what we were after.

We are both incredibly grateful to her and will definitely recommend her to anyone we know that is looking for a new place to rent.

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Georgina Cavey
    ECV1
    £1600
    Georgina Cavey

I highly recommend Georgina Cavey from Foxons as she is extremely efficient, professional and caring. Within 10 minutes of walking into the office she had a short term let solution for us at the right price and location. Thank you Georgina!

Comments on the Agents fees

“GEORGINA NEGOTIATED A GOOD DEAL THAT MET OUR NEEDS”

Branch:
    55 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Tom Cope
    SW19
    £765000
    Tom Cope

Hi

I bought a property in Wimbledon from your sales agent, Tom Cope. I've bought quite a few properties in the past, and was extremely impressed with the service and assistance offered by Tom. He was very professional, always honest and a pleasure to have dealt with on the transaction.

It made the house buying, exchange and completion process much, much easier than past experiences. In dealing with Tom it has also greatly improved my image of Foxtons, and he is an asset to your branch and the group.

I also wish him all of the best in the future!

Yours faithfully
    JN

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Sophia Carrington
    HA2
    Sophia Carrington

I have been involved with many local estate agents and salesmen and women over the last year, and would like to say that Sophia easily stands out as the most hard-working, efficient, enthusiastic and helpful person I have come across. She always got in touch when she said she would, and was very good at remembering what my requirements were. Very sadly the property we have now decided to buy isn't through Foxtons, but that is no fault of Sophia's.

7. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    NW7
    £490000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent attention to detail, constant follow up, very efficient and friendly staff.
    Recommended a very good solicitor too.
    Gave excellent advice

8. 4
    people found this

A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Thomas Holmes
    No postcode selected.
    Thomas Holmes

After having had three pleasant experiences with other estate agents in London, one property purchase through Foxtons Borogh was enough to reaffiirm the commonly held notion that Foxtons are indeed awful. This time in the form of a certain gentleman named Thomas Holmes. The saga started with a lovely property which was advertised on two estate agent websites at different prices. To my bad luck, my first call was to Thomas Holmes at Foxtons who indicated that he was the sole agent on the property. Lie #1. The truth was that Foxtons had done a very poor job marketing the property for 6 months... (read more)

Branch:
    Unit 2 20 Canada Square (Canary Wharf) (London) (Greater London)
    Tom Alison
    E14
    £2000
    Tom Alison

Nice properties & very professional company.
    Dealt with Tom Alison from Canary Wharf branch and he was always very professional, friendly & efficient. Never felt as I was pushed for something I didn't like, which was great!

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Gu22
    £1250
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The whole Foxtons experience was easy, pleasant and very professional. This was the second time I have used them to move property and would have no hesitation in doing it a third! I would definitely recommend them to anyone.