Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.4 out of 5.0 based on 545 ratings. This website contains 539 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 19)

Page last updated on: 19-Apr-2014 18:30:28

1. A 5-star review by 'Sally' 17/4/2014

20-24 York Street
    Gregory Boxer, Nicola Smyth
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to recommend Gregory Boxer most highly. He has recently sold my son's flat and has worked really hard to do so. He is so enthusiastic and I'm not surprised that he is so successful. I would certainly use Foxtons again.

I would also like to recommend Nicola Smyth, she has helped us with our own rented property and also my son's when it was rented out before Gregory Boxer sold it.She is so professional and has solved many problems with tenants for us.

2. A 5-star review by 'SGale' 14/4/2014

82 Streatham High Street
    Brad Slade, Crewe Crewe
    SW16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Out of the three agents who valued our flat, Foxtons were closest to the price we achieved and the most helpful in advising on how to present the property. We faced a number of delays and our agent was brilliant at chasing the solicitors and keeping us informed at every step. The process would have been much more stressful and no doubt slower without their support.

3. A 5-star review by 'Astrid Naujoks' 11/4/2014

Adam OLeary
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Throughout the process staff were reliable, courteous and polite. Viewings were always strictly on time, and up to 4 different viewings were arranged during the course of 1 day. A buyer was found, when the 1st buyer retracted, two replacement buyers were found within a week. Whilst this may be a reflection of the current overheated market, the buyers had clearly been vetted and were suitable prospects. Throughout the nitty gritty of a somewhat convoluted process that finally led to a successful exchange on 10th April, in particular Adam O'Leary stands out for liaising with all parties and putting pressure on somewhat sluggish solicitors thus greatly helping in bringing about a positive result. I had at first not been in an onward chain but am in the process of buying a property in Germany and my sellers became increasingly anxious and impatient as the process here took so long. Full marks for Foxtons and in particular Adam for being always available to assist in moving things forward.

4. A 5-star review by 'Lucie' 10/4/2014

55 Wimbledon Hill Road
    Oliver Rodbourne
    SW19
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Oliver was outstanding through the whole process. We first contacted him two years ago to value our property as a neighbour made an offer. We also had two other agents do a valuation. We decided not to sell at that stage yet Oliver was the ONLY agent who regularly but politely stayed in touch. We then did put the flat on the market with Hawes & Co who had been managing the rental as they were offering us very low fees of 1.25 per cent. Still, Oliver stayed in touch. Because he's so experienced he knows things can change. And they did. Two buyers dropped out (investors) so we switched to... (read more)

5. A 5-star review by 'RB' 3/4/2014

1117 Finchley Road
    Greg
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently sold my property through Foxtons. The overall process was excellently managed via Foxtons from viewings, where the agents were courteous and very informative, through to the extremely prolonged sale process (due to legal issues not at all Foxtons), where Greg continued to go well beyond his remit to ensure this happened. Very pleased!

6. A 1-star review by 'Kingston Tenant' 2/4/2014

173-177 Clarence Street
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Charlie Dimler
    KT1
    Would you use the agent again? No

I arranged three viewings for the following day with Charlie. He phoned me the next day thinking I was someone else! Once he finally understood who I was, apparently the three flats he's booked us into see are completely different from the three I'd written down. He starts saying that I must have got them confused etc etc when it was him who'd suggested these flats I'd written down in the first place! I said I was only really interested in one of the flats and he said "oh, that's gone". Thanks for telling me!!! He started to get very agitated and snappy on the phone,... (read more)

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“They should get some manners and humility!!!”

7. A 5-star review by 'Wendy' 1/4/2014

94 Old Brompton Road
    Keri Fergusson, Arthur Mellule
    SW5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Keri steered us through the maze of lease renewal and guidance to achieve the best sale possible. Arthur drove the sale from the beginning and always kept us informed calling from 8am in the morning until 8pm at night and always returned our calls.
    A great result from a great team; we would definitely use Foxtons next time.

8. A 5-star review by 'Tara Honeywill' 29/3/2014

TW11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Greg Boxer from Foxtons (Twickenham) recently sold our house for us in Teddington. The service he provided was absolutely first rate from start to finish. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with and was highly professional in every aspect of the sale. The quality of photography and marketing that Foxtons provided coupled with their access to a wider London audience make for a winning combination. I would highly recommend Greg and his team to any potential vendor.

9. A 5-star review by 'Saket' 28/3/2014

Francis
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Francis from Foxtons Canary Wharf was helping us when we were looking for a place to rent. Based on the kind of service we received I could not stop myself from recommending him.

I am yet to meet an agent who is so polite, honest, helpful and considerate towards a client's requirement. We were very picky about what we wanted and he was ever so patient showing us one place after another. He understood our requirements and always tried to bridge the gap between the landlord and the tenant.

However I can easily say that Francis has raised the bar in terms of what I expect of real estate agents. I have found several unscrupulous agents who try to fleece you and create a bad name in general. Francis is one of those guys who is at the other end of the spectrum.

I surely know one guy who I will approach when I am next buying or renting.

10. A 5-star review by 'NW' 24/3/2014

TW1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been extremely impressed and pleased with the efficiency and care with which Foxtons handled my recent purchase. The agent would constantly update me on the progress of the sale. He and the other staff with whom I dealt were courteous and helpful. I can not fault them in this matter.

1. A 5-star review by 'NW' 24/3/2014

TW1

2. A 5-star review by 'Mr K' 24/3/2014

Imogen Harrison-Broadley
    N8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Ms Harrison-Broadley showed me a large number of flats in Crouch End, Stroud Green, Highgate and Muswell Hill over the course of several months. She found out to her cost what a difficult customer I was: insistent on finding just the right property, unwilling to compromise and not caring how long it took. She never once showed any sign of impatience and was unfailingly helpful and positive, as well as being knowledgeable and totally professional. She really made a difference. I have dealt with many estate agents and she is definitely one of the best. As for the branch in Crouch End, it was always a pleasant experience to go in there. Everyone was always very helpful.

3. A 2-star review by 'Jill Davies' 20/3/2014

9 Lee Road
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Ryan Forrester, Greenwich Greenwich
    SE10
    Would you use the agent again? No

There is no doubt that Foxtons are superb at marketing properties - I have been very impressed with this aspect of their service - however their practice of collecting rents from tenants and then forwarding them to the landlord, even when the property is not managed by them, is very bad news for the landlord. When my tenant failed to pay (a significant rental amount) I was unable to find out what was happening, or if and when any funds had arrived. The staff in the tenancy department were at best indifferent, at worst downright incompetent. Despite almost daily emails from myself, they never once responded, and when called had little idea of the situation. In the end they kept nearly £30k of my rental money in their account for 3 days rather than pay it over, even though it was already significantly late. And then they made us pay £8 to transfer the funds the same day - unbelievable!

4. A 5-star review by 'J M P.' 19/3/2014

168 Lavender Hill
    FLAT
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having trouble selling my flat with two different estate agents,have decided to try with Foxtons.Not only that it was under offer within just over a week but also at much better price.Best experience ever.Thanks William and Gareth. J M P.

5. A 5-star review by 'Bill' 16/3/2014

Asim Naim
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Have just experienced top quality service from Asim - finding a suitable property in an ideal location , without any fuss and super efficiently, I have no hesitation in recommending this agency. Coming from another country and looking for both a domestic and commercial base from which to expand our successful business, it was a great relief to locate a professional agent that was able to meet our needs.

6. A 2-star review by 'ko' 14/3/2014

SW3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Had a bad experience when dealing with the contract issue in urgent. The staff were really rude and not helpful. And her poor attitude reflected her professional aspect. The contract was mainly about extension (which was a good thing to the landlord) and wished it can be extended before the tenant leaving UK for a 1 month business trip , there were no delay issue because the extension reques t was made 2 months ahead, however she couldn't even contact with the landlord effectively, about the date of extension and blamed the tenant that should managed the time and it was not her responsibility to take care of it --- which made me wondered such attitude could really be appropriate manner that a professional adult should have. Now I decide to not use Foxton anymore, even though other staffs were nice. This was truly disappointed one

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“I think most of the aspects are quite good. It is understandable that sometimes some of employees are not satisfactory -- which related to their personal manner and attitude, as I\'m a HR therefore I kindly suggest to re-evaluate some of staffs who doesn\'t have good feedback too many”

7. A 5-star review by 'NS' 14/3/2014

SW1P
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I'd heard terrible reports about Foxtons service, attitude and so on. For this reason I went into their office with no expectations of service but I did need to find somewhere to live and I happened to be walking by their office in the area I was looking in. I was pleasantly surprised. Over the few weeks it took to find a property and get accepted as a tenant everything went well. George Gray was very professional, responded to calls promptly, and gave good information. Sian Wilson (the Chelsea office) was similarly helpful. Many thanks to both of them.

8. A 5-star review by 'jo hatch' 12/3/2014

54 The Mall
    carlo crismann
    W5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am fairly new to London and was unsure of location, prices etc. Carlo called me up and took the time to not only run through all my requirements, but to also give me advise on locations, the types of property I can have with my budget, and general advise about looking for somewhere in London.

He then arrange for me to view a number of properties based on my budget so I could get a feel for what I could afford. I just felt that he went above and beyond in terms of service, emailing me as soon as a great property became available. Unlike many agents I have dealt with, I didn’t feel like he was just trying to ‘sell’ properties but really took the time to understand what I wanted. I want to thank Carlo for making it a really good experience and for such great customer service.

Even when I decide to change locations, he set me up with another collegue in that branch who was already clued up on my needs.

I will be recommending him and the office.

9. A 1-star review by 'Rebecca' 11/3/2014

9 Lee Road
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Elliot Hancox
    SE7
    Would you use the agent again? No

Never Use This Agency Again!!!! Did not paid our first month bill till now,, Teenants has already moved end of feb,,when I Asked About My rent they said all money had been paid for commission ,,da,,da da ,,oh Man!!! We have to wait till second month to get rent,,,I was like ,,oh crap ,,is that a good joke,,,,Now I am going legally to get this Crap sorted,,, Guys Beware of Foxtons n Elliot HancoX!!!

10. A 5-star review by 'Mia Blanchard' 11/3/2014

Rebecca Gonzalez
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Rebecca from Foxtons, in Canary Warf, was the 1st agent to contact me within the list of 12 other agents I had contacted! Her professional, friendly and can do attitude was a breath of fresh! She never made me feel pushed in making a decision. She was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions promptly, I felt for once the agent was in my corner. You can't ask for more. If I ever need to find a new home, Rebecca Gonzales will be the 1st agent I will contact.

1. A 4-star review by 'Massimo Pinzani' 10/3/2014

vikki broad
    NW5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Vikki Broad was very helpful and motivating without being pushing. She was extremely available and ready to respond to my queries also in some moment of tension. She is also quite competent and updated on the legal aspects compared to the average real estate agent in London. I would give an "excellent" to Vikki and an "good" to the agency.

2. A 5-star review by 'Simon Noach' 10/3/2014

David Busson
    N8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with Foxtons and David Busson in particular has been very smooth which seems to be rare nowadays! Communication and availability was good and most importantly consistent and I feel that relationship was important throughout the process rather than being made to feel like just another number!

David will now be the first person I go to when I look to sell or buy again in the area

3. A 5-star review by 'charlie' 4/3/2014

27a The Quadrant
    Jon
    TW10

RE: Jon Johnson & team at Foxtons Richmond

Further to your efforts in the sale of my flat I wanted to offer you some feedback

I had strong misgivings about instructing Foxtons however I agreed to a meeting on the recommendation of a friend who has sold through Foxtons recently

The service throughout has been completely stress free & my initial preconceptions have proved to be inaccurate

Jon & his team demonstrated a great attitude & were a delight to deal with

4. A 5-star review by 'M. S.' 4/3/2014

Francis Woodhead
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Over the last couple of weeks we have been working with Francis to find a flat in the Canary Wharf area. This is the second time Francis was able to find a flat that matches our requirements and helped to facilitate the deal.

His integrity and professionalism are above and beyond that of other agents we have been working with in the past. I hope that we can rely on Francis whenever we want or need to find a new home in the future.

5. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Chirag' 3/3/2014

33-35 Bridge Street
    Shaun Bailey, Kelly
    HA5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Shaun and Keri have been great from the get go. We had 2 sale fall through due to issues with the buyers and not an issue with Foxtons. But both Shaun and Keri didn't lose hope, kept going and kept us positive about the sale. Both went extra mile by making sure our personal lives werent effect by sale by pre booking viewings at convenient times and also helping us sell our old furniture. Great service will be using Foxtons again if we buy or sell!

6. A 5-star review by 'Charlie' 3/3/2014

55 Fulham Broadway
    Samuel McArdle, Guy Evans
    W14

Guy/Sam

A huge, huge thank you to you both and to your team for doing such an excellent job on both our sale and our purchase.

You delivered a formidable price on the sale and helped us to secure the perfect flat in its place.

On the service you provided to us, you clearly deserve your pre-eminent position in the Barons Court area; and you even deserve the outrageous fees that you charge!

So well done, and thanks for all your help.

7. A 3-star review by 'Pat Walters' 28/2/2014

33-35 Bridge Street
    HA5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The property sold but significantly below the price indicated by Foxtons. The viewing was efficiently handled by all staff, who were very accommodating. Telephone calls were responded to in a timely fashion.
    In terms of value for money the fee was very high, although I have no complaints about the members of staff I dealt with who were helpful.
    Would only recommend with a health warning over the high fees.

8. A 1-star review by 'unhappy tennant' 27/2/2014

SW6
    Would you use the agent again? No

Unfortunately Foxtons agents and negotiators are taught to lie. They tell the tenant one thing and the landlord something else. I had asked the landlord to change the carpets, they told him I wanted them cleaned. They pester you with properties that are not relevant and they are extremely expensive as a tenant and as a landlord. The fancy website does not merit the extra cost. I will not name specific people, because it's not right to do so. The culture of the company is dishonest , and they constantly try to rip you off. I've decided to NEVER use them again. They are the type of people who give estate agents a bad name.

“Having integrity.”

9. A 5-star review by 'David' 27/2/2014

1 Mercia Walk
    Ellis Bavington-Hall
    KT16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Ellis provided an enthusiastic, professional service that put agents from other agencies to shame.
    It's good to know that my business was important enough to care about.

10. A 5-star review by 'S coulson' 24/2/2014

54 The Mall
    Joe Darnell
    TW11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Joe is very professional and personable. I trust him and he is very enthusiastic and positive, I very much appreciate his assistance. S E Coulson