Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.5 out of 5.0 based on 626 ratings. This website contains 620 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 21)

Page last updated on: 30-Aug-2014 16:23:32

1. A 5-star review by 'JaredandSteph' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    47 Heath Street (Hampstead) (London) (Greater London)
    Hassan Nasser
    NW3

Hassan Nasser

Hassan was great to work with, it took us a little longer to find a property as we were moving from France and couldn't decided on the right property. However our agent didn't give up and took into consideration everything that we wanted in an apartment including location, light, rooms, bathrooms, budget etc.. to the last detail and ended up finding something that was perfect for us. He also made all the viewings enjoyable and fun. We would recommend hi.m to anyone looking for the right apartment

2. A 5-star review by 'John' 26/8/2014

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Shaun Bailey
    HA1
    £604950

Shaun Bailey

A big thank you to Shaun and his team, at both the Harrow and Pinner branches, for selling our property. We received outstanding service throughout the selling process from everyone involved.

We chose Foxtons because other local estate agents gave us much lower valuations, based solely on square footage or room numbers. We put a lot of time, money and effort in to the property and and we believed the house was worth more, as a result. The Foxtons team agreed and set out to find a family who would love and enjoy the property as much as we had.

The marketing was exceptional and generated lots of interest. Such was the passion of the sales team, we felt totally confident leaving our house in the hands of Amirah, Keri, Sophia and Sara.

Shaun in particular went above and beyond the call of duty by providing invaluable advice that ensured our onward purchase also went smoothly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE LUCKY TO RECEIVE GREAT SERVICE DURING THE ZERO % OFFER WHEN THE HARROW OFFICE OPENED.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Robert' 22/8/2014

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Annabel Wilson, James Wood ford
    N5
    £435000

Annabel WilsonJames Wood ford

Great experience from start to finish. Constant updates from Annabel and help when required. She made sure the process was smooth and pain-free! I would have no problem using this office in future.

4. A 5-star review by 'chris gundry' 22/8/2014

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    oliver lund, stephen mcquire
    kt1
    £345000

oliver lundstephen mcquire

I chose foxtons having heard that they were red hot! during the period of my sale i dealt with several male staff who all handled my case with respect, positivity, helpfullness, politenes, speed, efficiency, good humour, excellent advice, calmness, accuracy and understanding. two chain breaks were repaired almost instantly and i felt totally confident with the superb teamwork i encountered. they produced a perfect outcome and i am so pleased they were my agent. i can highly recommend foxtons on all fronts.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”

5. A 5-star review by 'JS' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    Mr.Andrew Gillies
    kt5
    £2300

Mr.Andrew Gillies

I want to say, that Andrew Gillies, from your Kingston office, was absolutely amazing. He has gone above and beyond to help me to find a house. I will be looking for another property in 6-7 months, and I will be definitely coming back. Over the past month, I have interacted with many agencies, but by far Foxtons has offered the best service. It has been respectful and helpful attitude of Andrew, which made the search for the housing enjoyable. So thank you!

6. A 5-star review by 'Service' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    27-31 Blandford Street (Marylebone) (Marylebone) (Greater London)
    Rob Hockedy
    NWw1
    £1400

Rob Hockedy

I knew Rob Hockedy from last year when we were looking for a flat for our son who is studying in London. This year we needed another flat because he was moving out of the first one. It took only one email to have Rob come back with a list of viewings for next day!To us, planning is everything because we live abroad and have to book our airline tickets according to the viewings.Briliant service. Constance Paul

7. A 5-star review by 'Derek' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    98 High St (Barnet) (London) (Greater London)
    N21
    £1800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Probably the most helpful and able of all the estate agents we have dealt with, and we would definitely look to her and Foxton's in future based on our interactions.

8. A 5-star review by 'Nick' 14/8/2014

Branch:
    168 Lavender Hill (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    Paul Keavey
    sw11
    £1500

Paul Keavey

Despite my ultimate decision not to move to the Battersea area, Paul Keavey was absolutely brilliant in my rental property search. I've seen a lot of estate agents in the last few weeks but Paul was by far the most genuine and helpful. He'd also make a killing on the stand-up circuit.

9. A 5-star review by 'Panos' 14/8/2014

Branch:
    30-32 Shepherds Bush Green (Shepherds Bush) (London) (Greater London)
    Annabelle Bent
    W12
    £2400

Annabelle Bent

I am writing to give Annabelle Bent my highest recommendation. Annabelle possesses all the attributes necessary to be an excellent estate agent. She knows the market extremely well; she is diligent, responsive, and very effective in all aspects of her work. Annabelle is
    a very professional and charming individual. She clearly takes pride in doing a good job.

In my particular case as a landlord of a four bedroom house in Shepherds Bush, Annabelle was solely responsible for letting out my property. Over the last four years Annabelle was always very keen to find tenants that meet my requirements. She always provides extremely valuable market insights and recommendations that help me making important decisions. To my opinion she is running one of the most effective teams in Shepherds Bush for Foxtons.

It would be hard to envision someone doing a better job than Annabelle or being anything but happy in choosing to work with her and her team.

10. A 5-star review by 'Paul Galligan' 14/8/2014

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    Jon Johnston
    TW10
    £495000

Jon Johnston

I have just had a fantastic experience with Foxtons of Richmond. Jon Johnson the branch manager was diligent coureous and professional at all times.
    I was amazed at the number of viewings he was able to generate within the first week approximately 40. He priced it accurately and handled my expectations and I had an offer within a very short space of time and soon after multiple bids.
    He communicated with me throughout the process and worked around my hours as i reside in the US. His staff were also extremely helpful and made the process as painless as possible. I could not have been happier with my experience and cannot recommend the organisation and in particular Jon Johnson highly enough. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I BELIEVE THEY WERE MORE THAN REASONABLE FOR THE WORK THEY DID”

1. A 5-star review by 'Maria' 14/8/2014

Branch:
    326-328 Creek Rd (Greenwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Paul Halson
    SE10

Paul Halson

I wanted to make a special note regarding the professionalism and attentiveness of Paul Halson. He really made a big difference to the experience of flat searching in London from Paris. He is a great communicator and a good listener for people's needs in real estate.

2. A 5-star review by 'Elspeth' 13/8/2014

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Renna Murabak
    E3

Renna Murabak

Having signed up to every estate agent in Mile End and plodding around properties that were totally irrelevant to our search was both a pain, and frequently a waste of time. In all honesty when I registered with Foxton’s I expected much of the same- However, I cannot Renna enough for listening, and finding properties that ticked all of our boxes and offered us different options/ locations that would be suitable- as well as properties that would suit our style of living.

Renna, I really can’t say thank you enough for the support you gave us with our search. What we thought was the... (read more)

3. A 5-star review by 'Sarah D' 11/8/2014

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    SW1
    £1600
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Foxtons got to work immediately with advertising and viewings in spite of the fact that my property was in need of a facelift prior to a new tenancy. They found me an excellent tenant very quickly and before I had finished improving the property.
    Their on line systems make the paperwork quick and effortless too.

4. A 5-star review by 'V TALAULIKAR' 8/8/2014

Branch:
    55 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Tom Cope
    SW19

Tom Cope

I am grateful to the foxtons team for their excellent work and help with sale of my property. They worked hard and ensured that i was kept updated all the time. Special thanks to Tom cope for going out of way on occasions to help with the sale.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Privatetenant' 7/8/2014

Branch:
    302 – 304 Mare Street, (Hackney) (London) (Greater London)
    E8
    £1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Bitterly dissapointed with customer service at this branch.
    Firstly, when I asked agent about the property, she couldn't answer any questions, because she hadn't visited the place. I don't know if this is common place, but I was shocked she couldn't answer basic questions, like is it above a commercial property? If you are going to show prospective tenants around, you need to be able to answer their questions!!
    When we arrived at the branch for the viewing, we were kept waiting 15minutes before walking down to the flat. When we got there, no one was in the flat (it was above a shop... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THANKFULLY IT HASN\'T GONE THIS FAR, I WOULDN\'T HAVE WANTED TO PAY THIS AGENT ANYTHING! I FAIL TO SEE HOW AND WHY, BASED ON THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE I WAS PROVIDED WITH, THEY CHARGE THE FEES THEY DO. WE DID MORE LEG WORK (LITERALLY) THAN AGENT DID!”

6. A 5-star review by 'Alex' 6/8/2014

Vikki Broad, Kate Blenheim
    N8
    £290000

Vikki BroadKate Blenheim

I had a very good experience dealing with Foxtons' Crouch End branch and with Vikki and Kate in particular. They were very energetic and diligent in arranging viewings, liaising with the buyer and, crucially, moving the process along at a reasonable pace. I was also impressed by the quality of the photographs and website presentation and the other marketing materials - really showed the property to its best advantage. I was delighted with the price achieved and with Foxtons' overall level of customer service.

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'Anne123' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    54 The Mall (Ealing Common) (London) (Greater London)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible service: once you signed the contract and paid the deposit, they don't bother about you at all. They even didn't bother to inform us about the key collection - we had to chase them ourselves! We also had some problems with the property and they didn't care whatsoever; they never replied to our emails listing the problems. Very poor service.

8. 1

A 2-star review by 't davidson' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    506 – 508 Brixton Road, (Brixton) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    , rihanna farid
    sw2

rihanna farid

After an enthusiastic start, the service I received dwindled to unacceptable levels. Although they did seem to get a reasonable amount of footfall and an offer that I accepted, there was then a dispute between us as regards the terms of that offer. It was virtually impossible to get through to Matthew Thompson by phone, at times up to 4 days of leaving messages and sending emails, and once I did make contact he was insistent that they did not mislead me, despite a few emails sent from me that should have at the very least made him doubt his position on this subject. He point blank refused to... (read more)

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'Allan' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    82 Streatham High Street (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    sw16

Its a scam.
    The agent lied to me about the price. She didn't told anything regards extra cost, she lied about parking permit, she lied about the landlord. I strong recommend to everyone to stay away from foxtons, its a scam. They asked me for 6 weeks deposit, but now they are taking 150 pound of it just to check the house after we leave it, plus what ever its broken which will take extra cost, the house is broken and full of rats. We lost so munch money because of foxtons. At the beginning they are very friendly and nice, later they will be horrible and rude to you, and all they say we have to pay and they will take from the deposit.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT LIED TO ME ABOUT THE PRICE. SHE DIDN\'T TOLD ANYTHING REGARDS EXTRA COST, SHE LIED ABOUT PARKING PERMIT, SHE LIED ABOUT THE LANDLORD. I STRONG RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM FOSTONS, ITS A SCAM. THEY ASKED ME FOR 6 WEEKS DEPOSIT, BUT NOW THEY ARE TAKING 150 POUND OF IT JUST TO CHECK THE HOUSE AFTER WE LEAVE IT, PLUS WHAT EVER ITS BROKEN WHICH WILL TAKE EXTRA COST, THE HOUSE IS BROKEN AND FULL OF RATS. WE LOST SO MUNCH MONEY BECAUSE OF FOSTONS. AT THE BEGGING THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE, LATER THEY WILL BE HORRIBLE AND RUDE TO YOU, AND ALL THEY SAY WE HAVE TO PAY AND THEY WILL TAKE FROM THE DEPOSIT.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Raj Kumar' 18/7/2014

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    HA1
    £285000

Excellent service received from the team at Foxtons in Pinner:
    1. identifying a suitable buy to let property (as per my specification) in an extremley competetive market
    2. keeping to all appointments for viewings
    3. returning all calls & emails the same day
    4. always polite & courteous, including opening doors for customers
    5. liaising with solicitors & the vendors when requested
    6. allowing visits prior to exchange to measure up for fixture & fittings
    7. after exchange allowing other prospective lettings agents to visit the property
    8. helped ensure all vendors belongings were removed prior to completion date

1. A 5-star review by 'Shanilp' 17/7/2014

Zenonas
    N7

Zenonas

We had a difficult buyer, frustrating solicitors and an impatient vendor (!), but Zeno was extremely professional and supportive. He really drove the sale and I believe that he went above and beyond.

2. 2
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'aljon' 15/7/2014

Branch:
    55 Fulham Broadway (Fulham) (London) (Greater London)
    sw6
    £785
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent is simply rude and unhelpful. Having told us we had 3 weeks to renegotiate our contract, it took him a combination of the week he took off as holiday and a week to speak to the landlady. At this point he advised the landlady to kick us out, the only reason being to generate customer churn and new fees. We were told our new rent price for the next rent year and the un-negotiable terms, two days prior to the deadline. On complaining he infomred us he acted only for the interests of the landlord, not the tenant. The worst company I have dealt with to date.

3. A 5-star review by 'Ben' 15/7/2014

Miriame Oussellam
    N8
    £365000

Miriame Oussellam

Miriame and her team were profressional, helpful and acheived a great price for my property as promised. We debated long and hard about the additonal commission charged by Foxtons , but in hindsight it was money well spent.

4. A 5-star review by 'C.J.' 15/7/2014

Branch:
    Building 1, Chiswick Park 556 Chicwick High Road. (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Camille Sanderson
    E1

Camille Sanderson

The property manager assigned answers promptly and politely. Foxtons applies a very efficient online document management system for landlords. Phone calls are always taken and forwarded to the property manager. I am very pleased with Foxtons' services.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'M' 14/7/2014

Branch:
    55 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    SW19
    £1875
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Please do not use this agent to rent out your property. I did and wasted thousands of pounds as a consequence. They may have a nice office with "free drinks" and they may drive nice cars, but that is about it. All they care about is getting your money and then they leave you high and dry. They got a "grade A" client for my luxury flat in Wimbledon on a 2 year fixed contract. The tenant never paid rent on time and after 2 months decided he had to terminate his contract. Foxtons didn't help me at all, caused a lot of stress and did not respond to my repeated phone calls or emails.
    I will never ever use them again to rent out any of my properties, and will stick to more local agents.
    This happened last year and they had the cheek to call me and ask if the property was coming up to renewal and if they could help me. I told them were to go !
    You have been warned !!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY HIGH AND NOT JUSTIFIED FOR THEIR COMPLETE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“They will not be able to change my mind”

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Sangeeta Gosai' 9/7/2014

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Greg Boxer
    TW7
    £315000

Greg Boxer

Absolutely fantastic service from Greg Boxer at Foxtons. He walked into my flat and after looking at it and making notes, he told me with confidence he could sell my property in 2 weeks and that there was a demand for that particular type of property. He sold it in 24 hours!! I couldn't believe it and the whole process from start to finish was a real pleasure. He was very professional, always willing, called back whenever I left messages and never tired of my persistent questions when I wasn't clear of certain processes or jargon. No matter how busy he was, he always made time to reply to me queries either by email or phone. As a single parent selling on my own, this was a whole new experience for me and often a frightening one but Greg always managed to make it feel easy and made me feel in control and secure. A big Thank You Greg and in particular, thank you for the humour, as we often needed it when things took a little longer than expected!! I wish him lots of good luck at Foxtons, he definitely deserves it.

7. A 5-star review by 'Krishna Singamala' 8/7/2014

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Daniel Green, Ellis Bavington-Hall
    GU22
    £995

Daniel GreenEllis Bavington-Hall

Daniel and Ellis helped me to get a beautiful flat and they were giving all the information on time. I would like recommend about Foxtons to my friends

8. A 5-star review by 'Pedja' 8/7/2014

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    Mr Tchaba
    Tw7
    £293000

Mr Tchaba

Mr. Tchaba together with foxtons were very profesional,
    Quick and srait to the point. They valued my propert realisticly
    Plus found a buyer in a record time. Just finished complition on
    Property and very pleased with service they provided.

9. 3
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Unhappy person' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    82 Streatham High Street (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    sw16
    £1350
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I let my property through Foxtons a few years ago and it was the worst thing I ever did. They promise extortionately overpriced potential rental income, their fees are extortionate (was 17% at them time) and I paid for full management and they did nothing much at all! They also take all of their fees upfront first so for 3 months I got no rental income (it was going straight to them) whilst I had to pay rent in the house I was living in, all bills plus my mortgage! I remember having to go to my property in the middle of the night because of a complaint the tenants made about seeing a mouse... (read more)

10. A 5-star review by 'Nadav Elovic' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    55 Fulham Broadway (Fulham) (London) (Greater London)
    Caroline Dryland
    SW6
    £275

Caroline Dryland

Foxtons always gave a very luxurious atmosphere and have treated us magnificently. Caroline has been very professional and kind throughout the entire process.