Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 711 ratings. This website contains 705 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

• They manage our building2
  • They are our factor
  • They manage our estate

• They arranged our mortgage
  • Re-Mortgages (Prospective Customer)
  • Mortgages (Prospective Customer)

• Surveys

• 243 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 24)

Page last updated on: 25-Jan-2015 15:24:54

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Sophia Carrington

Sophia Carrington

I have been involved with many local estate agents and salesmen and women over the last year, and would like to say that Sophia easily stands out as the most hard-working, efficient, enthusiastic and helpful person I have come across. She always got in touch when she said she would, and was very good at remembering what my requirements were. Very sadly the property we have now decided to buy isn't through Foxtons, but that is no fault of Sophia's.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    NW7
    £490000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent attention to detail, constant follow up, very efficient and friendly staff.
    Recommended a very good solicitor too.
    Gave excellent advice

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Thomas Holmes

Thomas Holmes

After having had three pleasant experiences with other estate agents in London, one property purchase through Foxtons Borogh was enough to reaffiirm the commonly held notion that Foxtons are indeed awful. This time in the form of a certain gentleman named Thomas Holmes. The saga started with a lovely property which was advertised on two estate agent websites at different prices. To my bad luck, my first call was to Thomas Holmes at Foxtons who indicated that he was the sole agent on the property. Lie #1. The truth was that Foxtons had done a very poor job marketing the property for 6 months... (read more)

Branch:
    Unit 2 20 Canada Square (Canary Wharf) (London) (Greater London)
    Tom Alison
    E14
    £2000

Tom Alison

Nice properties & very professional company.
    Dealt with Tom Alison from Canary Wharf branch and he was always very professional, friendly & efficient. Never felt as I was pushed for something I didn't like, which was great!

5. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Gu22
    £1250
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The whole Foxtons experience was easy, pleasant and very professional. This was the second time I have used them to move property and would have no hesitation in doing it a third! I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    Leanna Sharman
    SW14
    £1950

Leanna Sharman

We had a fantastic experience with Leanna. We just moved to the UK, and needed a lot of hand holding. Leanna was great about making sure that she knew what kind of property we are interested in, what locations appealed to us, and what was our budget. We felt like we were in really good hands. We also appreciated the detailed list of services and utilities that she provided us with.

7. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Gavie Raj
    E2
    £385000

Gavie Raj

Fantastic service from Gavie from start to finish. We hadn't thought of using Foxtons but the service from them from the moment we first entered the branch was superb. Gavie was always available without hectoring and we really felt we were getting the benefit of his knowledge and that he was helping us get the best property for our needs, rather than just the quickest and priciest sale.

We would have no hesitation in recommending Gavie to anyone looking to buy or sell a property.

8. A 5-star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Sophia Carrington
    HA0
    £500000

Shaun BaileySophia Carrington

As local developers our business relies heavily on Selling Agents. Shaun and Sophia from Foxtons Harrow have sold two properties for us in the last 12 months. Both properties were sold for significantly more that other agents had suggested as a marketing price. One particular property in Harrow Town center sold for more than £40,000 more than we had expected......and they charged us ZERO commission. Great work guys!!

Branch:
    20-24 York Street (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Greg Boxer
    Tw11
    £240000

Greg Boxer

I thought Foxtons gave a first class service. They were very professional from the first meeting they put me as ease with the whole process and made me feel like a valued customer. Greg kept me updated on a regualr basis which was appreciated. I would recomend foxtons 100 %

“FINE”

Shaun Bailey, Sophia Carrington
    HA3
    £227500

Shaun BaileySophia Carrington

Shaun and the team did a splendid job selling my flat. The provided me with an accurate valuation which whilst at the top end of the market did accruactley reflect the market price as they found me a buyer at asking price within 2 weeks after a high number of viewings at asking price. 3 other agents in the area valued the property significantly lower. When my sale fell through because my buyer pulled out due to a change in employment status the Foxtons team replaced the buyer with two further offers at an increased full asking price again reflecting recent changes in the market. Foxtons really did help reassure me when things fell through the first time (I was devastated) and after speaking to Shaun I was 100% confident that they would find me a replacement buyer even in the run up to xmas. They did a brilliant job and as corney as it sounds have helped make my dreams come true :) !

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE HIGH BUT WORTH IT GIVEN THE WORK UNDERTAKEN WITH VIEWINGS IN THE EVENINGS TILL LATE, WEEKENDS INCLUDING SUNDAY ETC”

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    £240

Shaun Bailey

The agent put leaflet about the Service in the property.
    That was very helpful for me to call the Foxton.
    Then the sale side manager Mr. Shaun was contact me.
    He came to my property and explained to me about the sale side.
    I cannot believe that they found the good buyer very quickly.
    The service was very fast, honest and fantastic.
    I'm so glad for the very good service and thanking to the Manager Shaun,
    And all staffs for the hard working.
    Thank you and May God Bless Your service more and more.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE SERVICE WAS QUICK, HONEST AND FANTASTIC SO FEES WAS OK THEY DID VERY HARD. I DIDN\'T CARE ABOUT THE FEES. THANKS.”

2. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    Charlie Dimler
    KT3
    £2300

Charlie Dimler

Where to begin. Foxtons were one of a few options over agents when we first moved. We found a property as students to share. The property was supposedly managed by Foxtons for the Landlord, which was later changed. When we first viewed properties, I myself found Foxtons to be charming and persuasive. However my housemates received a colder unprofessional vizard. The employee Charlie chew gum and left the viewing to their own desire and avoided questions. We were stung with unbelievable rent considering the property being ill kept, for example dodgy wiring, naff locks etc. We however with... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOXTONS MAY STAND ON NO HOLDING DEPOSITS HOWEVER CHARGE YOU FOR EVER MOVEMENT AFTER.”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Honesty would have been required instead of sleazy moves and scamming.”

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    90 Notting Hill Gate (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    Jose Balaio

Jose Balaio

I would recommend Jose Bailao of Foxtons for his exceptional customer service. He was a great help in assisting us move into Central London. He spent over 2 hours running us around in his car on a Sunday showing us the area and being creative with the properties he showed us. Once we had selected a property he acted quickly to ensure we secured it and then helped with all the practicalities right up to and beyond our moving day. All in all a very friendly, knowledgeable and proferssional agent.

Sara Alaf
    £475000

Sara Alaf

Foxtons were very helpful in securing our first home for me and my family. I would like to give a special mention to Sara Alaf (who was our nominated Foxtons agent) in helping us securing a property that met our needs. We were first time buyers and the process took a few months as we were keen to secure a property of our choice that meets our requirements (e.g. dedicated parking, location) but Sara always provided an excellent level of service and was able to show us a number of properties until we finalised a property of our choice.

I would definitely recommend Foxtons for prospective buyers as they provide an excellent level of service to their customers.

5. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    27-31 Blandford Street (Marylebone) (Marylebone) (Greater London)
    Fiona Macpherson, Hannah Berry
    NW1
    £380

Fiona MacphersonHannah Berry

I dealt with both Fiona in the Marylebone office and her colleague Hannah from the Park Lane office, over a period of 3 weeks as I organised to relocate from Central Scotland to London, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, Both staff were friendly, accommodating, enthusiastic and highly professional, and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them both.
    The level of service provided, the quality of property on offer and the willingness to accommodate my requirements made me feel completely relaxed, knowing that I was in safe hands working with them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY - NOBODY LIKES SPENDING MONEY, PARTICULARLY AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, BUT IT\'S COMPLETELY WORTH IT FOR THIS SERVICE.”

Branch:
    1-2 Trinity Gate, Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Ryan Dowd
    GU4
    £335000

Ryan Dowd

From start to finish Ryan Dowd at Foxtons was communicative, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend to anyone considering purchasing a property.
    In particular we were given a wealth of information about the process, the area and the type of property. Very impressed at how hard Ryan worked throughout to make sure everything progressed as fast as possible.

7. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Lana Shegay
    SW1
    £1500

Lana Shegay

Just to let you know that Lana has been an absolute star with finding me a flat to rent. She listened to what I wanted and after four or so viewings she understood exactly what I was looking for and delivered on it.

8. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    302 – 304 Mare Street, (Hackney) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents were extremely pushy and aggressive when trying to persuade us to use them. I felt harassed and was not happy about how the agents spoke to me. Upon agreeing to use them the agent who we were also buying with became uncommunicative and impossible to get hold of.

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    scott kelly, elliot austin
    N1
    £1500

scott kellyelliot austin

we are very impressed with the quality of tenants that we have had through foxtons in Islington over the last 10 years, both for short lets and long lets.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PRICE OF RE-LETTING IS FAR TOO HIGH”

Ha1
    £540000

Shaun Bailey

Having decided to put our home on the market after 15 years I called in two local agents and foxtons who had not long opened in the area. Both the other two were keen to get me a quick sale at a far lower price than was acheived but left me with the impression that they were only really after there commission . Shaun at foxtons left me with the impression that they would be working for me and this was proved by the effort and professinal conduct of all the staff I dealt with at foxtons. In short they achieved the best possible price to a qualified buyer and took virtually all the stress from start to completion out of selling the family home. I only hope that foxtons have moved out to the chalfont 's by the time I'm ready to sell my new home as I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Branch:
    54 The Mall (Ealing Common) (London) (Greater London)
    Jas Dhaliwal
    W3

Jas Dhaliwal

I live abroad and recently sold my house in West London using Foxtons as my agent. I found them to be professional, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile when needed and have always felt the sale was in safe and capable hands. I would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    30-32 Shepherds Bush Green (Shepherds Bush) (London) (Greater London)
    Jenalyn Masalunga
    W14
    £1

Jenalyn Masalunga

I wish to thank Foxtons, and in particular Ms Jenalyn Masalunga, for the excellent service we received regarding our renting of the flat at 9 Gunterstone Road.

Jenalyn understood exactly what was required and as soon as this flat became available she immediately informed us and we were able to rapidly finalise the rent, to our full satisfaction.

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Esme Griffith
    N5

Esme Griffith

My husband and I were very impressed with the service we recently received through the Islington Branch.

Esme Griffith was the agent who looked after us.
    We found Esme to be super friendly, approachable, and professional!

As a result we would totally recommend Foxtons and Esme as an agent.

Thanks again

Branch:
    55 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Simon Darville, Emlyn Akoto-Dwemoh
    SW19
    £455000

Simon DarvilleEmlyn Akoto-Dwemoh

Simon Darville's assistance in my property search was extremely professional and considerate enabling me to find a suitable property for purchase within the week of my stay in London. He also assisted me in finding very good professionals to assist me with the process of the property purchase.Finally he introduced me to the lettings team. Simon provided high level of professional support and assistance every step of the process and maintained regular contact with me.This was very important and reassuring for me as I live Overseas. I would definitely use the services of Simon again and recommend Foxtons to friends and family.Thank you for your wonderful and considerate service.

5. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    020
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Don't buy any properties via Foxton.

Even once they accept your offer on a property they keep on accepting other offers.

When a sale is made, the agent in the branch get a commission, that way all the agents keep on bringing all sorts of offers even after others were accepted.

I was called to be congratulated that my offer on a house in Lewisham was accepted and that the contact will be sent out in the morning.

In the morning I got a call saying that they took more final offers and that mine was now rejected.

Be careful.

Branch:
    90 Notting Hill Gate (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    Jose Bailao
    W11
    £2600

Jose Bailao

Jose Bailao quickly identified the type of flat that we were looking for and also took into consideration our budgeting requirements. We felt like we had all his time and when we requested to see a property after hours, he did not hesitate to stay back and show us the flat. He showed us 4 properties in one day and we managed to find our dream place in that time. Jose has superb customer service and attention to detail, even helping us take measurements for our furniture before our move in date. He also made several follow up calls to make sure we had moved in ok and that we were happy with the place. He also offered to help us in the future if we needed anything related to the property. He was very proactive and thoughtful throughout the entire process.

7. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    33-35 Bridge Street (Pinner) (Greater London)
    Annabel Dent

Annabel Dent

Hi,

I want to highlight the work of Annabel Dent, trying to find solutions for a complicated situation as my case.

In other estate agencies I've been kicked out when I've spoken about my position. Instead that, Annabel listened to me and tried to find the best for me.

I appreciate it and I will come back to Foxtons Pinner when my current rent agreement expires. Regards Alvaro

8. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Charlie Smith
    SW4
    £425000

Charlie Smith

Charlie at the Pimlico office was an excellent negotiator for our property search. He showed us plenty of flats in a variety of areas, worked really hard for us in securing the property and then kept us informed throughout the whole process of the progress. A pleasure to work with.

Branch:
    44-46 Kings Road (Chelsea) (London) (Greater London)
    Laura McGowan
    SW3

Laura McGowan

I recently completed on a property and would just like to say that the agent involved in the purchase (and viewings prior to it) - Laura McGowan - was excellent. She was at all times professional, attentive and was skillfully able to identify my needs and match them to suitable properties. Laura is a credit to Foxtons.

Branch:
    26 Westow Hill (Crystal Palace) (Greater London)
    , Aliyah Bahar
    SE25
    £222000

Aliyah Bahar

We sold our flat with Foxtons back in April 2014. They provided a really professional service and were the best agents for the job as it turned out. They got us a good sale and I would definitely recommend them. They got us a sale where other agents selling other flats in that same building could not. I would use them again for sure. They brought interested people to view our flat from several branches also, not just the one branch. I was getting viewing calls from multiple branches. We had multiple offers for our flat and we were more than happy with the result. Even though we were selling our flat in SE25 and their branch is in SE19 it was not a problem. In fact I believe we had more offers for our flat because of that. Foxtons told us they have a large client base when they first consulted with us and it seems that is true and they really helped us achieve the sale our property we needed. Good job Foxtons.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WOULD USE FOXTONS AGAIN FOR SURE. THEY HAVE A GOOD CLIENT BASE TO GET THAT SALE OTHER CAN\'T GET.”