Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 747 ratings. This website contains 741 user reviews of Foxtons.

Offices / Branches

• 250 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Foxtons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 01-Apr-2015 13:21:19

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 25)

1. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Richard Loerns
    SE16
    £1000
    Richard Loerns

I have rented with Foxtons twice now, and both times the experience wasn't great.

They have a good choice of flats, but the amount of money they charge you is unbelievable. 96 pounds renewal fee and 150 check out fee was taken out from my deposit - I was never told about amount of the check out fee.

Just be careful when you rent with them - you ll never know how much you will need to pay in the end, as it is not officially disclosed.

Also had experience with them when buying a place - after a while, I just excluded Foxtons from my search and didn't enquire about any of their properties, as they are so clingy, pushy and hard to deal with.

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“If they reduce their fees to a reasonable level, and give you an official breakdown of everything you will be expected to pay upfront, I would say they are bearable”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    108 - 110 High St (Beckenham) (Greater London)
    Charlie Brown
    BR3
    £950
    Charlie Brown

Charlie was fantastic, and although in the end I found a new home with a different estate agency, I am really grateful for all her hard work. Despite being very proactive, she was never pushy, and had Foxtons a right property on their books, I would most likely go with them.
    Just be aware that Foxtons do market their rental properties at the price 10 - 15% higher than what the actual rent is expected to be, so if you're not thinking you're getting your money's worth. Just keep looking.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN THE HINDSIGHT, FOXTONS' FEES ARE QUITE REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Andrew Phillips, Ashraf Zaman
    N1
    £800000
    Andrew PhillipsAshraf Zaman

Initially Ashraf was extremely helpful and co-ordinated a difficult purchase with an overseas seller and a tight time schedule. However, as the situation progressed there was a definite loss of attention.
    This culminated in an assurance that all keys were held by Foxtons and would be handed over on completion as contracted with the seller. Specific reference was made to the keys for locked security shutters. On completion no keys were provided and no responsibility taken by Foxtons to supply them, resulting in several hundred pounds of cost to remove and replace. The cavalier attitude taken by Foxtons to pass off their responsibility was deplorable. The failure seems to me to be in Foxtons' attempt to pass the buck and not to support their staff for mistakes they have made.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    Jon Johnston
    Tw9
    £590000
    Jon Johnston

the whole experience of selling my house through Foxtons has been positive. All of the team I met we're professional, open and friendly and communicated well throughout the whole process. I wouldn't hesitate in using them again and have recommended them as an agent to other friends and neighbours who are considering selling their homes. Special mention to Carly Mitchell who secured the sale for me, she has been a great support throughout the whole process, thank you so much

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOXTONS CHARGE A HIGHER FEE THAN SOME OF THE OTHER AGENTS, HOWEVER IN MY OPINION YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    225a Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Sarah Bastin
    W4
    £2000
    Sarah Bastin

Sarah helped me try to find a flat to rent. She was excellent to deal with and really made the process enjoyable, scooting me round the viewings in her little Foxtons mini! Unfortunately I didn't manage to find a suitable property with Foxtons, but it wasn't for want of trying!! There just wasn't anything quite right for me on Foxtons books. But, I would use Sarah again, if I needed another place to rent another time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    e8
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I've used Foxtons as a tenant many times for the last 8 years and the service is getting worse and worse.
    The way they work with Sparks Energy to force the tenants to change providers is very dodgy.
    They don't care about tenants when they put the property on the market. we had daily visits often announced hours before or even unannounced, which can lead to awkward situations if you're in the flat more than two months before the end of tenancy.
    Their website shows properties that are no longer available - but not as many as their competitors, so in this bad practices market it can be seen as a plus.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Saijal Parmar
    Shaun BaileySaijal Parmar

Very happy with the overall service provided in selling the property. Both Shaun and Saijal were very helpful during the whole process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Hexin He

I am so delighted with my house purchase via Foxtons Harrow Branch. Especially Hexin He's effort in securing the deal was impeccable. I went through tough time with the Mortgage Bank surveyors who undervalued the property but Hexin helped me with the relevant comparables and managed to secure me a good price for the property.

Throughout the entire process I was kept updated with the progress from the seller's side and even the completion of the property purchase was first communicated to me by Hexin.

I would definitely recommend my friends to use Foxtons for any future property dealings and in particular I would definitely ask for Hexin in my future house purchases and dealings.

A big Thank You Hexin, without you I don't think I would have purchased this property, Thank you so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£380000
    Hexin He

Very good, Hex was excellent and managed the sale, kept me updated throughout the process. I would recommend Hex and the team at Foxtons in Harrow

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

Debora Abreu
    Tw2
    £430000
    Debora Abreu

Debora was very friendly and proactive when we were viewing properties. When we were in the process of exchanging and completing she made sure we were always updated and was very helpful in chasing up the vendor/solicitor and answering any questions we had. We would be very happy to recommend Debora to anyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Bruno Marques, Jade Martin
    se3
    Bruno MarquesJade Martin

I just wanted to write and tell you how pleased I have been with the Lettings Service at Foxtons Blackheath.

Bruno and his team have now let my third property in that area – this time within one day of release.
    It's a pleasure to deal with Bruno and other team members there (Jade, Francis, Sabrina) and it is only appropriate that I feed this back for their recognition.

13. 1

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    KT6
    £950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible experience when trying to renew tenancy for short term, by one month on top of 12 month tenancy agreement. Why so short - we are leaving the country.

Tenancy was coming to an end in three months and we were asked to renew or leave. A one month extension was agreed to, we signed agreement & paid the �96 renewal fee (extortion for few admin tasks/documents). Within 4 days of the initial agreement, we were told Landlord had changed their mind and would not agree to just one month extension as this would put them into worse position when marketing the flat. Finally a two week... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“CHARGED TWICE FOR RENEWAL (WHEN THEY DIDN\'T RESPECT THE 1ST AGREEMENT AND BULLIED US TO AGREE TO A SHORTER ONE THEMSELVES) £150 FOR CHECK-UP FEE OF UNFURNISHED PROPERTY - TOO HIGH.”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Charged twice for renewal (when they didn\'t respect the 1st agreement and bullied us to agree to a shorter one themselves) £150 for check-up fee of unfurnished property - too high.”

14. 1

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Adam Dales
    NW3
    £2560
    Adam Dales

It has taken nearly 3 months, 3 different engineers and 133 email conversations to ( nearly) get our central heating fixed. Excuses, lies and procrastination by Foxtons who have made absolutely no effort to provide even a smidge of customer service. Funny that a complaint to the property ombudsman ( highly recommended ) has finally gotten their attention and at last a competent engineer has been dispatched to solve the problem.

Their service is symptomatic of a fat cat organisation employing young boys to do grown up work with no regard whatsoever for the paying tenant. Avoid if at all possible. They are incompetent

“A WASTE OF MONEY.”

“A waste of money.”

15. 1

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Nik Yankov
    E15
    Nik Yankov

Nik Yankov, is the worst leeting negotiator ever, he tried to do his job so well,my opinion is I think he can't do his job,very disappointed with Foxtons.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

ADAM O\\\'LEARY
    TW2
    £430000
    ADAM O\'LEARY

From outset, a very friendly and professional service. A great understanding of the stress involved on our part and I felt my hand was held all way through the process.

“WELL EARNED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    50-52 Clerkenwell Road, Clerkenwell (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Alastair Cochrane East Grinstead
    EC1
    £440000
    Alastair Cochrane East Grinstead

Excellent service and persistence to ensure the sale exchanged which as well as dealing with the purchasers included liaising with solicitors and mortgage brokers. Good communication at all times.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Lucy King, Daniel Green
    GU22
    £1450
    no photo Daniel Green
    Lucy KingDaniel Green

Lucy King was always on time for viewings and was really professional and friendly. She kept me up to date with new properties on the market. She and Daniel Green were very efficient with the whole tenancy process. It was a pleasure dealing with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    George Gray
    SW1
    George Gray

Tried many agents, including Foxtons ... In your office George Gray was my agent, who was a great guy. Compared to other agencies, Foxtons (I noticed) has the best staff: well trained, open minded people who know their job. But even on that background, George was much more professional, could talk about everything, knew the area well, the history, his preferences ... all the things that can help a person connect to the area. Even, when the door keys did not work, he ran to the next building, asked the fire marshal to come and open the door so we could go in and view the flat. Now, although I chose a different flat with another agency (as it was closer to where I live), I would like to say thanks for having such a staff and a colleague like George.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

HA3
    Hexin He

Hexin He was very friendly, expressive to the point, knowledgeable, gently persuasive, articulate and was a pleasure to deal with. She kept in touch throughout and kept feeding me with pertinent information.
    My wife and I felt that she is what an Estate Agent should be.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

£435000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Service was good all round...
    It was a stressful time in my life...but ended on a good note...a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders...
    Foxtons was my 3rd Estate Agents, they were upfront all the way, which was very comforting...
    Glad Foxtons got the commission!!!!
    Thanking each and every staff member that got on board...cannot remember all the names, thanks for all the calls and emails....

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    168 Lavender Hill (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    SW8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have used Foxtons now for some time. We previously had a different letting agent who were hopeless. The difference was unbelievable. We are kept informed and feel that the property and tenants are well monitored. We have recently had problems with a couple of tenants. The situation has been well managed.

“APPROPRIATE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

James Murdock, Hexin He
    HA3
    £225000
    James MurdockHexin He

The agents understood the particular selling features we wanted emphasised, and produced a very professional brochure, with a significant number of kigh quality photographs in the internet version. This was important to differentiate this property from others for sale in the same block.
    They gave good advice on pricing, and brought a number of prospects around - with two offers being made. Hex handled the survey issues arising competently - particularly helpful as I was living at a distance.

All in all I was pleased with the whole service received - I needed a good, reliable and pro active agent - as I was resident in a distant location. I was kept well informed, with good use of the internet rather than letters.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS AGENT CHARGED A HIGHER FEE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER AGENTS I CONSIDERED FOR THE PROPERTY, AND WAS NOT FLEXIBLE WITH COMMISSION RATE. THIS INITIALLY GAVE ME A CONCERN, BUT I ACCEPTED THAT A GOOD AGENT COULD REALISE THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE PROPERTY AND PRICE ACCORDINGLY. IN THE EVENT THIS WAS BORNE OUT AND I ACHIEVED A SATISFACTORY NET RESULT, INCLUDING FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Greg Boxer
    TW33
    £195000
    Greg Boxer

The sale of the flat was due to my Brother dying so was a very difficult time for all of us as a family.
    Greg Boxer supported us throughout . We could not have asked for anything more.
    He liaised with solicitor/ Buyer and completely kept us up to date every step of the way.
    This was a leasehold property with a short term lease left on the property. So was not an easy straight forward sale and although there were problems and lots of information required which carried it on for longer than expected. Greg was at the end of a phone at all times to point us in the right direction.
    I would recommend Fox tons but I would ensure they would ask for Greg Boxer if available.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOBODY IS EVER HAPPY WITH A 3% FEE. THE ONLY REASON WE ACCEPTED WAS BECAUSE THE EXTRA OUT OF HOURS SUPPORT WAS THERE SHOULD WE REQUIRE IT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1-2 Trinity Gate, Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Tom Jennings
    gu1
    £2400
    Tom Jennings

We moved to Guilford from Italy, and arranged everything form Italy. We were extremely lucky that Tom Jennings handled our rent. He has been our saving grace. We found a few people not particularly helpful in Foxtons Guilford, but, in the end, we had a great experience because of Tom: any time we had a problem or wanted some advice, we walked to his office and the problem was solved. I believe that our experience in Guilford would have been quite different had we not met Tom. So ranking of Tom is ``oustanding'', and my ranking of Foxtons Guilford is ``good''.

27. 3
    people found this

No branch selected
    NW8
    £1170
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented a flat managed by Foxtons, after I moved out they took almost two months to return my deposit, I called and sent emails. I never had an answer to the emails when I called back always heard excuses. After I received my deposit I never received and apology or any justification.

I never seen so unprofessional behaviour, Foxtons should know the emails should be answered.

Recruitment should be improved, the people I had contacted never return calls or answer to emails, they are too busy.

The image I have form Foxtons is ‘they don't care about the customer'

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit 2 20 Canada Square (Canary Wharf) (London) (Greater London)
    George Egford, Vincent Engelbrecht
    SW17
    £760000
    George EgfordVincent Engelbrecht

I would just like to extend my feedback to say how refreshing it was to be looked after so well by Jack Holding at the Earlsfield branch. We have dealt with a great deal of estate agents on our property search over the past year and a half and Jack by far stood out as the most professional, hands on, helpful, communicative and dedicated salesmen who went above and beyond for my husband and I. We were so thrilled to finally find our dream home and this was down to all of Jack's efforts. Jack and Earlsfield Foxtons (including Ed who was equally as efficient), we can't thank you enough. I will certainly be recommending Foxtons Earlsfield to friends who are also on the property hunt at the moment - which for some reason (must be that age) is quite a few! Happy New Year and thanks again. Vicki & George

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Noah Wildman, Shaun Bailey
    £272950
    Noah WildmanShaun Bailey

Given how the market was last summer with all the crowded opening house viewings, buying our new place through Foxtons couldn't have worked out better. I mostly dealt with Noah over the purchase but his boss Shaun had shown us round for the second viewing. He had allowed us to go away and not rush our decision over the weekend. Given that he was the one that would be speaking with the vendor he wanted to be sure we were committed and viable. Breathe of fresh air to actually do business with honesty and integrity. Not the usual pressured techniques that estate agents are good at.
    Every time i had contacted Noah i had received a professional response and re assurance.
    Nice to see the bar raised and how this should be conducted. Thank you Noah and Shaun.

Comments on the Agents fees

“N/A AS I WAS THE PURCHASER”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    E9
    £725000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Completely professional, attentive and hard working throughout.

Played a key role in the successful purchase of my new home.

Would certainly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Crouch End Hill (Crouch End) (London) (Greater London)
    Miriame Oussellam, Kate Blenheim
    N8
    £245000
    Miriame OussellamKate Blenheim

I contacted Foxtons Crouch End after a sale which had been agreed on my property through another local agent had fallen through. I felt that the agent involved had mis-handled the sale, resulting in a lot of lost time. As I do not live locally, I called the manager, Miriame who carried out a valuation of the property. From the start of the process I felt that Miriame had a real appreciation of the merits of the property and understood how it needed to be marketed. She had enough confidence in the property and courage of her own convictions to suggest marketing at a figure 10% higher than the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGHER THANK OTHER LOCAL AGENTS, BUT THEY EARNED IT, SO IN HINDSIGHT WELL WORTH PAYING.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    anthony shardrach
    nw10
    anthony shardrach

Anthony is a great asset to Foxtons, he is proactive always approachable, knowledgeable. We on our 3rd purchase with Foxtons in circa 8 mths and being a remote investor he has always kept on top to ensure the transaction completes. He just amazing and I hope he achieives his goals at foxtons.