Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation
Foxtons, Londons Estate Agent

Foxtons

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 759 ratings. This website contains 753 user reviews of Foxtons.

• Foxtons has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Foxtons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

• 252 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We embrace change and are constantly challenging tradition because we have a strong desire to improve the way our industry operates. We do business differently to give you the edge.

Page last updated on: 20-Apr-2015 09:18:49

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 26)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    355 - 357 Upper Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Georgina Cavey
    N5
    £2580
    Georgina Cavey

I can honestly say that Georgina Cavey is by far the best agent we've ever come across. I'd be the first to admit we're not the easiest of clients - we had a very very specific and difficult brief. No one else came close to finding what we were after, but Georgina nailed it.

Not only that, but she's incredibly friendly and always utterly professional. I really felt like she cared about us and finding us a beautiful home, rather than trying to get another commission like I often feel with agents.

I couldn't recommend her enough.

Comments on the Agents fees

“RELATIVELY STEEP, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT FOR THE SERVICE. WE DID GET STUNG WITH THE DEPOSIT, BUT I BELIEVE THAT WAS DOWN TO THE LANDLORD.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Gregory Boxer, Debora Abreu
    TW11
    £305000
    Gregory BoxerDebora Abreu

Excellent service from Foxtons. Greg fully explained how he and his team would market our flat and ensured that we were happy with this. The number of suitable potential buyers they generated was impressive. We were always given prior notice of viewings and given feedback as to the outcome of each viewing. Their proactive approach resulted in us having a viable offer within a few weeks of being marketed by them. Excellent service, highly recommend and would use again!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FELT THE FEES WERE TOO HIGH WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER LOCAL AGENTS, HOWEVER, THEY REALLY DID WORK HARD FOR THE MONEY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2-6 Station Parade (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Silvana Borja
    NW2
    Silvana Borja

Hi there,

Even though we have not rented through Foxtons in the end, my partner and I were so happy to meet Silvana Borja during our flat hunting. We rented through a private landlord in the end just because it was about a loft style property but regardless, Silvana has been an amazing agent. We even made an offer for a place in Cricklewood (1 Richborough Road)

Since day 1 she has been warm, welcoming and fun to work with. She immediately understood our needs and what we were looking for even though, considering our budget and the type of property we had in mind, it was not an easy task.... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    326-328 Creek Rd (Greenwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Ryan Forrester
    SE8
    Ryan Forrester

Ryan is excessively pushy and very rude. He has an attitude problem and asked for our card details over the phone which is illegal as it doesn't come close to PSI DSS.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    91-95 Notting Hill Gate Notting Hill (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    W2
    Jose Bailao

Jose answered all our questions by phone or mail at short notice, he was very helpful, friendly and supportive. We would definintely recommend him.

Comments on the Agents fees

“QUITE HIGH FEES FOR STARTING A TENANCY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    175 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Matthew Williamson, Jimmie Gordon
    SW18
    £1050
    Matthew WilliamsonJimmie Gordon

I was tricked into signing a contract quickly, mostly by Miles Rudland. The flat was firstly 10 days late, so we signed a new contract. Finally, with the shiny key in my hand I was sent to a new home that wasn't even nearly finished in construction. Couldn't move in, had my movers on their way, a nightmare. The landlord said he hadn't even given permission to let the place that day. Absolutely disgusting business, inhumane. All the nice things these people fake to your face flush quickly down the toilet, as they really couldn't care less about anything but getting your money - at any cost.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    90 Notting Hill Gate (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    W1h
    £4600
    Jose Bailao

Jose was an absolute godsend In helping us find our let. Very hard working and knowledgeable. We are extremely pleased with our new home! Thank you Jose! Will highly recommend him to anyone we know looking for a let.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    91-95 Notting Hill Gate Notting Hill (Notting Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    W11
    £2
    Jose Bailao

I just wanted to say that my experience with Foxtons was great. I had a difficult time at the start with the loss of two flats in Notting Hill, but Jose never gave up and he found me the most beautiful flat in Holland Park, a place I never even would have thought to look. Jose was really helpful throughout the process and he even helped arrange a meeting with myself and my new landlord, which was really nice to do before I moved into the flat. I must say that I am extremely happy with my new place and I had a wonderful experience working with Jose.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Debora Abreu, Gregory Boxer
    TW11
    £305000
    Debora AbreuGregory Boxer

They were always swift in response from first to last and when solicitors were slow over an aspect of lease renewal their direct approach to the vendor proved very useful. Professional yet with a light and personal touch they were everything we would want and expect from a top estate agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SURVEYOR PUT VALUATION RIGHT AT TOP END.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    239 Old Brompton Road (Earls Court) (London) (Greater London)
    Sw3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Marcin very patiently took us around 8 properties to help us decide on one. With a vey positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in organizing several viewings in a short time span. Happy to recommend him to my friends and colleagues who might be looking for flats in the same area.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YOUR SERVICE FEE IS HIGHER THAN A FEW OF YOUR PEERS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Sara Alaf
    ha1
    £83000
    Shaun BaileySara Alaf

Shaun and Sara were very helpful, accommodating and understanding. They were very professional and help us to move with our transaction when things were slowing down. They always kept in touch with all aspect of the our transaction. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Isabel Guerresi
    SW1
    Isabel Guerresi

Isabel is a very professional sales agent who is warm and always gives fastest communication. She helped me through my property searching process from the beginning to the end to secure the place I liked, and I thank her for her great effort. I would definitely recommend Isabel and Foxtons to anyone searching a property in central London.

14. 1

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Richard Loerns
    SE16
    £1000
    Richard Loerns

I have rented with Foxtons twice now, and both times the experience wasn't great.

They have a good choice of flats, but the amount of money they charge you is unbelievable. 96 pounds renewal fee and 150 check out fee was taken out from my deposit - I was never told about amount of the check out fee.

Just be careful when you rent with them - you ll never know how much you will need to pay in the end, as it is not officially disclosed.

Also had experience with them when buying a place - after a while, I just excluded Foxtons from my search and didn't enquire about any of their properties, as they are so clingy, pushy and hard to deal with.

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“If they reduce their fees to a reasonable level, and give you an official breakdown of everything you will be expected to pay upfront, I would say they are bearable”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    108 - 110 High St (Beckenham) (Greater London)
    Charlie Brown
    BR3
    £950
    Charlie Brown

Charlie was fantastic, and although in the end I found a new home with a different estate agency, I am really grateful for all her hard work. Despite being very proactive, she was never pushy, and had Foxtons a right property on their books, I would most likely go with them.
    Just be aware that Foxtons do market their rental properties at the price 10 - 15% higher than what the actual rent is expected to be, so if you're not thinking you're getting your money's worth. Just keep looking.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN THE HINDSIGHT, FOXTONS' FEES ARE QUITE REASONABLE”

16. 1

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    Andrew Phillips, Ashraf Zaman
    N1
    £800000
    Andrew PhillipsAshraf Zaman

Initially Ashraf was extremely helpful and co-ordinated a difficult purchase with an overseas seller and a tight time schedule. However, as the situation progressed there was a definite loss of attention.
    This culminated in an assurance that all keys were held by Foxtons and would be handed over on completion as contracted with the seller. Specific reference was made to the keys for locked security shutters. On completion no keys were provided and no responsibility taken by Foxtons to supply them, resulting in several hundred pounds of cost to remove and replace. The cavalier attitude taken by Foxtons to pass off their responsibility was deplorable. The failure seems to me to be in Foxtons' attempt to pass the buck and not to support their staff for mistakes they have made.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    225a Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Sarah Bastin
    W4
    Sarah Bastin

Sarah helped me try to find a flat to rent. She was excellent to deal with and really made the process enjoyable, scooting me round the viewings in her little Foxtons mini! Unfortunately I didn't manage to find a suitable property with Foxtons, but it wasn't for want of trying!! There just wasn't anything quite right for me on Foxtons books. But, I would use Sarah again, if I needed another place to rent another time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    27a The Quadrant (Richmond) (Greater London)
    Jon Johnston
    Tw9
    £590000
    Jon Johnston

the whole experience of selling my house through Foxtons has been positive. All of the team I met we're professional, open and friendly and communicated well throughout the whole process. I wouldn't hesitate in using them again and have recommended them as an agent to other friends and neighbours who are considering selling their homes. Special mention to Carly Mitchell who secured the sale for me, she has been a great support throughout the whole process, thank you so much

Comments on the Agents fees

“FOXTONS CHARGE A HIGHER FEE THAN SOME OF THE OTHER AGENTS, HOWEVER IN MY OPINION YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”

19. 1

Branch:
    86 - 90 Curtain Road (Shoreditch) (London) (Greater London)
    e8
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I've used Foxtons as a tenant many times for the last 8 years and the service is getting worse and worse.
    The way they work with Sparks Energy to force the tenants to change providers is very dodgy.
    They don't care about tenants when they put the property on the market. we had daily visits often announced hours before or even unannounced, which can lead to awkward situations if you're in the flat more than two months before the end of tenancy.
    Their website shows properties that are no longer available - but not as many as their competitors, so in this bad practices market it can be seen as a plus.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Shaun Bailey, Saijal Parmar
    Shaun BaileySaijal Parmar

Very happy with the overall service provided in selling the property. Both Shaun and Saijal were very helpful during the whole process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Hexin He

I am so delighted with my house purchase via Foxtons Harrow Branch. Especially Hexin He's effort in securing the deal was impeccable. I went through tough time with the Mortgage Bank surveyors who undervalued the property but Hexin helped me with the relevant comparables and managed to secure me a good price for the property.

Throughout the entire process I was kept updated with the progress from the seller's side and even the completion of the property purchase was first communicated to me by Hexin.

I would definitely recommend my friends to use Foxtons for any future property dealings and in particular I would definitely ask for Hexin in my future house purchases and dealings.

A big Thank You Hexin, without you I don't think I would have purchased this property, Thank you so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

£380000
    Hexin He

Very good, Hex was excellent and managed the sale, kept me updated throughout the process. I would recommend Hex and the team at Foxtons in Harrow

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Bruno Marques, Jade Martin
    se3
    Bruno MarquesJade Martin

I just wanted to write and tell you how pleased I have been with the Lettings Service at Foxtons Blackheath.

Bruno and his team have now let my third property in that area – this time within one day of release.
    It's a pleasure to deal with Bruno and other team members there (Jade, Francis, Sabrina) and it is only appropriate that I feed this back for their recognition.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 4 -star review by ''

Debora Abreu
    Tw2
    £430000
    Debora Abreu

Debora was very friendly and proactive when we were viewing properties. When we were in the process of exchanging and completing she made sure we were always updated and was very helpful in chasing up the vendor/solicitor and answering any questions we had. We would be very happy to recommend Debora to anyone.

26. 2

Branch:
    173-177 Clarence Street (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    KT6
    £950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Terrible experience when trying to renew tenancy for short term, by one month on top of 12 month tenancy agreement. Why so short - we are leaving the country.

Tenancy was coming to an end in three months and we were asked to renew or leave. A one month extension was agreed to, we signed agreement & paid the �96 renewal fee (extortion for few admin tasks/documents). Within 4 days of the initial agreement, we were told Landlord had changed their mind and would not agree to just one month extension as this would put them into worse position when marketing the flat. Finally a two week... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“CHARGED TWICE FOR RENEWAL (WHEN THEY DIDN\'T RESPECT THE 1ST AGREEMENT AND BULLIED US TO AGREE TO A SHORTER ONE THEMSELVES) £150 FOR CHECK-UP FEE OF UNFURNISHED PROPERTY - TOO HIGH.”

What could Foxtons do to change your mind??

“Charged twice for renewal (when they didn\'t respect the 1st agreement and bullied us to agree to a shorter one themselves) £150 for check-up fee of unfurnished property - too high.”

27. 2

Branch:
    94 Borough High street (Southwark) (lo) (Greater London)
    Adam Dales
    NW3
    £2560
    Adam Dales

It has taken nearly 3 months, 3 different engineers and 133 email conversations to ( nearly) get our central heating fixed. Excuses, lies and procrastination by Foxtons who have made absolutely no effort to provide even a smidge of customer service. Funny that a complaint to the property ombudsman ( highly recommended ) has finally gotten their attention and at last a competent engineer has been dispatched to solve the problem.

Their service is symptomatic of a fat cat organisation employing young boys to do grown up work with no regard whatsoever for the paying tenant. Avoid if at all possible. They are incompetent

“A WASTE OF MONEY.”

“A waste of money.”

28. 2

Branch:
    9 Lee Road (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Nik Yankov
    E15
    Nik Yankov

Nik Yankov, is the worst leeting negotiator ever, he tried to do his job so well,my opinion is I think he can't do his job,very disappointed with Foxtons.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

ADAM O\\\'LEARY
    TW2
    £430000
    ADAM O\'LEARY

From outset, a very friendly and professional service. A great understanding of the stress involved on our part and I felt my hand was held all way through the process.

“WELL EARNED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    50-52 Clerkenwell Road, Clerkenwell (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Alastair Cochrane East Grinstead
    EC1
    £440000
    Alastair Cochrane East Grinstead

Excellent service and persistence to ensure the sale exchanged which as well as dealing with the purchasers included liaising with solicitors and mortgage brokers. Good communication at all times.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Mercia Walk (Woking) (Surrey)
    Lucy King, Daniel Green
    GU22
    £1450
    no photo Daniel Green
    Lucy KingDaniel Green

Lucy King was always on time for viewings and was really professional and friendly. She kept me up to date with new properties on the market. She and Daniel Green were very efficient with the whole tenancy process. It was a pleasure dealing with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    166 Vauxhall Bridge Road, (Pimlico & Westminster) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    George Gray
    SW1
    George Gray

Tried many agents, including Foxtons ... In your office George Gray was my agent, who was a great guy. Compared to other agencies, Foxtons (I noticed) has the best staff: well trained, open minded people who know their job. But even on that background, George was much more professional, could talk about everything, knew the area well, the history, his preferences ... all the things that can help a person connect to the area. Even, when the door keys did not work, he ran to the next building, asked the fire marshal to come and open the door so we could go in and view the flat. Now, although I chose a different flat with another agency (as it was closer to where I live), I would like to say thanks for having such a staff and a colleague like George.