Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Express Estate Agency

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 439 ratings. This website contains 439 user reviews of Express Estate Agency.

Agent Overview

4.29 out of 5.00

• 369 recommend
  • 70 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

3 out of 630
in the League Tables
39 out of 291
in the Manchester League Tables
2453 out of 22240
in the UK

Agent Information

Times have changed for the better - you don't need to suffer the many failings of your traditional Estate Agent, there is now a unique and market-beating alternative to selling your home quickly for the best possible price, the Express Estate Agency™.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT

Areas Covered

Nationwide

Express Estate Agency has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Express Estate Agency, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 01-Mar-2015 12:48:05

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 15)

1. 1

M22
    £158000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Overall an excellent service provided- Lucy our go to person at Express Estate Agent was fantastic!! Kept us in the loop with everything and as first time buyers she was very helpful with queries and questions that we had and was only a phone call or email away. We have had 2 failed experiences (not with Express Agents) were the sale didn't go through and one of which we had to wait 10 months due to some issues which resulted in us having to look elsewhere for another property. Thanks to Express Estate Agents, we finally found the perfect house and all we wanted was to get the keys! After a speedy sale, we are all ready to move into our first house and we couldn't be more thrilled! Thanks so much Express Estate Agents and Lucy you were wonderful!

View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  24/02/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for identifying Lucy by name. It really means a great deal to our teams to receive such positive feedback on their performance. Please be assured that Lucy and her line manager have received a copy of your kind comments. So often I hear our people say “I was just doing my job" when they receive recognition of their actions, but I know that Lucy takes a huge amount of pride in providing outstanding customer service, and has enjoyed reading your appreciation of her efforts. Thank you for your kind words they mean a great deal to us. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  2. 1

SA43
    £150000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nothing was too much trouble for Charlotte who took over once Will had found the buyer. After a slight hiccup, not Charlotte's fault, with our buyer things were back on an even keel and Charlotte was always at the end of the phone to give helpful advice and her cheery disposition meant that whatever the 'problem' was she would always make us feel better. She was like a terrier in that she never let things slow down and kept on at both the buyer and his solicitors until contracts were actually exchanged last Friday. Due to move in 2 weeks and can't thank Charlotte enough for all her help over the last few months. Would certainly recommend EEA (and already have done)!

View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  24/02/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We were really pleased to hear you found us tenacious in our approach and that Charlotte helped you feel at ease. We are truly passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience and we always enjoy reading positive reviews like this one. Thank you for identifying Lucy and Will by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and they have both been recognised for setting such a great example. They were both delighted to read your appreciation of their efforts. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  3. 1

Sarah Lapin, Lucy Brabin
    BB11
    £69000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Express Estate Agency come highly recommended from myself. From start to finish I found the whole team very helpful. When I recieved an offer on my property Sarah helped me achieve the price I was aiming for. Lucy was extremely helpful in keeping me informed with the progress of my sale. She involved myself and the buyers of my property to ensure the sale went through as quickly and as smoothly as possible. I would like to thank them for their support and hard work and would highly recommend Express Estate Agency for anyone wishing to sell a property.

View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  24/02/2015

Dear Paula, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for identifying Lucy by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and you have my assurance that Lucy's line manager has also received a copy of your very kind comments. Thank your for this and for your recommendations they mean a great deal to us. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  4. 1

Leanne Kearsley
    Bd6
    £36000
    Leanne Kearsley

I swapped to express estate agency as the cottage wasn't selling, the staff from the beginning, were very friendly, efficient and professional.
    I was kept informed very regularly , the cottage sold very quickly and all the conveyancing was stressfree.
    It was a very good service and have recommended them to my daughter who is selling her flat.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGHER THAN OTHER AGENTS BUT SEEM TO GET MUCH QUICKER SALES”

5. 1

Matthew , Charlotte Naylor
    CF37
    £99000
    Matthew Charlotte Naylor

Couldn't have asked for a better, nor a more friendly service. Both Matthew and Charlotte were always ready to help, easy to deal with, and they progressed the deals rapidly. Would recommend to everybody.

6. A 3-star review by ''

HD5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

With my family, I am currently in the potential process of buying a house through Express Estate agency in Huddersfield. There is a long way to go as of yet, but I am more than happy to review them to let others know how they perform.

7. A 5-star review by ''

Lucy Brabin, Will
    BN17
    £111000
    Lucy BrabinWill

The agents were helpful and professional to the end. Will and Lucy kept me informed and reassured throughout. The whole process was hassle free and quick. Thank you Express Estate Agents.

8. A 1-star review by ''

Ex16
    £165000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have previously bought my property in 2013 with express agency and was satisfied. So I decided to sell my property with them. I will be honest they did not bring in many people. The member of staff who I was in touch with was rude and pushy.

What could Express Estate Agency do to change your mind??

“Manners from the agent and serving the vendor as I am your client. Additionally having a knowledge of the local market rater than relying on a database”

9. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  20/02/2015

Thank you taking the time to write this review. It is always of great concern to us when customers show any dissatisfaction with the service they have received and of course we are disappointed to learn that you felt that the member of staff you dealt with was rude and pushy. However, it is always difficult to comment on specific cases via a forum so can I please encourage you to email the details to: customerfeedback@expressestateagency.co.uk so we can then look into the specifics of this case in more detail. Warm Regards - The Express Estate Agency
  10. A 5-star review by ''

OX15
    £3750000
    Victoria Smith

Very efficient service from Victoria Smith and all at Express - making a potentially complex house purchase simple and stress free. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

11. 2

A 1-star review by ''

Ph
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Asked to view property. They said they would callback with viewing time - no callback til nxt day again took same details and said would call back with viewing time. Called back within 5 mins to say property sold. They hadn't checked file. 3 wks later property still for sale. Contacted again. Sale fell through and would arrange viewing. After having to callback have now said property is sold. Still on website and no way of contacting seller directly. It is absolute joke. All this waiting and given incorrect information. Sounds very underhand. I'm disgusted. Would stay well clear of this company.

12. 1

A 2-star review by ''

Andrew Allen
    IP14
    Andrew Allen

very poor attempt to sell my property. Misleading photo's turned potential purchasers off. Made little attempt to sell the property at the agreed price, that they advertised as"reasonable". Had as many no shows as viewers. It was ,impossible to contact them,Nobody passes on messages or returns calls even after our contract with them expired and the house removed from the market they still advertised it on Right Move. A shambles.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5-star review by ''

WV11
    £125000
    Becci Kennerley

From the initial contact, the valuation and any other person there I have spoken to especially Becci Kennerley have all been very pleasant and helpful in everyway possible, keeping me in the loop and chasing solicitors. It has been a very pleasant way to sell the property and would recommend online selling as the way to go from sale to completion 6 weeks including the Christmas/New Year hols.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DID INITIALLY THINK FEE\'S WERE HIGH, BUT THE FACT THEY PROVIDE THE HOUSE DETAILS ONLINE, CHECK ALL PROSPECTIVE BUYERS AND THEIR ABILITY TO PAY THE PRICE AND MINE INCLUDED THE SOLICITORS FEE\'S TOO. SO VERY HAPPY INDEED SAVED ME A LOT OF WORK WELL DONE ALL.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 5-star review by ''

Pl22
    £245000
    Becci Kennerly

Becci made the process very easy and it felt like she was always at the end of the phone or only an email away, she never gave us any false hope and was always very honest about when things could/would be achieved by and always kept both myself and husband in the loop. Becci was eager to make the service as personable as possible which was a fantastic touch, for which both myself and my husband were grateful. Express made the buying process easy and straightforward. It was a pleasure to work with the whole express team and would recommend d to a friend

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  15. A 5-star review by ''

L35
    £125000
    Charlotte Mariner

Just bought our first home. Had lots of help off Charlotte Mariner. Really helpful and friendly lady. Nothing was to much trouble! Kept us informed and put up with my constant mithering! Helped buying our first home an easy time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  16. A 5-star review by ''

No postcode selected.
    Becci Kennerley

Becci Kennerley and the team at Express Agency were fabulous and supported me throughout the process. For those people who are reluctant to use an estate agents not on the high street I would advise you think again as Becci and her team kept me up to date at all times and really pushed through the completion for me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 1-star review by ''

M15
    £170000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Used Express to sell my property. turned up promising my the world and great service and all sounded great. Shocking service, I was told to drop price on my apartment even though initially they said they didn't do that kind of thing and sell for face value. The price they charge does not reflect the service. better selling it yourself.

Had multiple no show viewings as they never told me people had cancelled!

Currently disputing the fee as they charged me VAT on top of quoted fee even though this was not agreed.

What could Express Estate Agency do to change your mind??

“Poor service. only looking for a quick sale not interested in seller who they are meant to be working for!”

18. 1

CV11
    £94000
    Victoria Smith

It did take awhile for us to get a buyer but once we accepted an offer the progressions team and particularly Victoria Smith were fantastic. We were kept fully informed and towards the end Victoria chased the solicitors until we had exchanged.

19. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  17/12/2014

Dear Gavin, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for identifying Victoria by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. Victoria was delighted to read your appreciation of her efforts. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  20. 1

Louise Gildea
    M40
    £100
    Louise Gildea

Louise has been amazing she has put my mind at rest when I have been concerned and nothing has been to much trouble from the day to day sale to talking to Kyle who is buying the property for me. She is an absolute treasure and she has made this process so easy. i would like to thank Louise and if there are any types of recognition awards i personally would like to nominate her.

21. View All Comments (1)by info@expressestateagency.co.uk  23/12/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for identifying Louise by name. It really means a great deal to our teams to receive such positive feedback on their performance. Please be assured that Louise and her line manager have received a copy of your kind comments. Louise has also been given an internal award for this, and many other reviews. So often I hear our people say “I was just doing my job" when they receive recognition of their actions, but I know that Louise takes a huge amount of pride in providing outstanding customer service, and has enjoyed reading your appreciation of her efforts. Thank you for your kind words they mean a great deal to us. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  22. 1

ll55
    £215000

FANTASTIC

We had been registered with a local agent for 5 months - no viewers. With Express we had viewers within two weeks. Genuine buyers. Two wished to buy and we have now completed today. There were complications but not relating to Express - Lucy kept us informed every step of the way and maintained contact with the buyer and our Solicitors.
    Lucy even phoned us abroad to let us know the good news yesterday.
    We would have used them to sell our business but Express does not do commercial properties. This shows the confidence we have in Express and Lucy.
    We have recommended them to friends who wish to sell in the New Year.

23. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  23/12/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We were really pleased to hear you found us "fantastic" and that things moved quickly for you. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. Thank you for identifying Lucy by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. Lucy was delighted to read your appreciation of her efforts. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  24. 1

se28
    £250000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The viewing was arranged very quickly after the visit from the agent and a lot of viewers was arranged over the weekend. The property was sold within the week with a great price. The agent who I was dealing with was very professional and everything went very smoothly. I would recommend this estate agency to anyone who is selling their property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT AGENT\'S FEES WHICH ALSO INCLUDE THE SOLICITOR\'S FEES.”

25. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  28/11/2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We are delighted that we have provided you with a memorable service. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. Thank you for your recommendations they mean a great deal to us. Warm Regards - The Express Estate Agency
  26. 1

Lizzy Bell, Becci Kennerley
    M45
    Lizzy BellBecci Kennerley

After Lizzy Bell helped me to successfully negotiate an acceptable offer I was passed on to Becci Kennerley who did a fantastic job of progressing the sale all the way through to completion. It was a complicated sale and Becci was excellent at keeping me up to date throughout the sale.

Thanks again.

27. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  28/11/2014

Dear Adam, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We are delighted that we have provided you with such a memorable experience. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. It really does mean a lot to our team to receive such positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. Lizzy and Becci were both delighted to read your appreciation of their efforts. Warm Regards - The Express Estate Agency
  28. A 5-star review by ''

Rachael Oddy, Becci Kennerley
    NE3
    £88000
    Rachael OddyBecci Kennerley

Rachael from the start was a great help in securing the property and negotiating with the vendor. This was then taken over in the aftersales by both Becci and Beth who were equally fantastic

29. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  17/11/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We were really pleased to hear you found us "fantastic" . We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. Thank you for identifying Rachael and Becci by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. They were both delighted to read your appreciation of her efforts. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  30. A 4-star review by ''

vicky smith
    DE5
    £200000
    vicky smith

Persons dealt with were very helpful and always on hand to help with any queries. Was contacted regularly with updates on the sale. Thanks.

31. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  17/11/2014

Dear Pauline, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. Thank you for your kind words they mean a great deal to us. Warm Regards - The Express Estate Agency
  32. A 5-star review by ''

Paul , Nadia
    LE3
    Paul Nadia

I decided to use Express Estates to sell my property as they had served me well on a previous sale a number of years ago and I could not have possibly known what an exceptional service I was about to receive from the company . To say that Nadia and Maxine acted politely and professionally would be a disappointing understatement. They went above and beyond throughout the sale process and went the extra mile at each and every stage of what became somewhat of a saga.
    I initially excepted an offer on my property in August and Nadia kept me up to speed on a regular basis (sometimes daily) the... (read more)

33. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  17/11/2014

Thank you Kathleen and WOW. This really is review of the month and has given everyone a huge smile. We are delighted to have been able to deliver such a memorable experience for you. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. Thank you for identifying Nadia and Maxine by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. They have also both received some internal recognition for generating such an amazing review. They were both delighted to read your appreciation of her efforts. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  34. A 5-star review by ''

BD5
    Becci Kennerly

Becci was instrumental in making the deal happen. She was always willing to try and help when thins were a bit "off Track" pushing solicitors and conveyancers all the way.
    If I was still in Retail I would want to employ her.

35. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  17/11/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for identifying Becci by name. It really means a great deal to our teams to receive such positive feedback on their performance. Please be assured that Becci and her line manager have received a copy of your kind comments. So often I hear our people say “I was just doing my job" when they receive recognition of their actions, but I know that Becci takes a huge amount of pride in providing outstanding customer service, and has enjoyed reading your appreciation of her efforts. Thank you for your kind words they mean a great deal to us. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  36. 2

A 4-star review by ''

Leanne Kearsley, Sian
    L22
    £152000
    Leanne KearsleySian

A massive congratulations to the team, especially Leanne and Sian. From the initial phone call to express estate agents, to the selling of the property these girls were outstanding. Regular updates were fantastic and the eagerness to sell the property and secure the contract with the buyer was excellent. A big thanks to Leanne in providing regular updates on exchanging contracts etc. this was far more than I got from the solicitors. Nothing from the team was too much they are very helpful and polite. Highly recommended for selling your property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES EXPENSIVE TO LOCAL AGENTS”

37. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  28/11/2014

Dear Stephen, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We were really pleased to hear you received regular and enthusiastic contact. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. Thank you for identifying Leanne and Sian by name. It really does mean a lot to our people to receive positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. They were both delighted to read your appreciation of her efforts. Warm Regards – The Express Estate Agency
  38. 2

Victoria Smith, sarah lapin
    wd18
    £370000
    Victoria Smithsarah lapin

I really cant speak highly enough of the way Victoria and Sarah dealt with the sale of my house.
    I used 3 estate agents before I turned to Express estate agency and my only regret was not turning to them sooner. They achieved a great price for my house and also went over and beyond the call of duty by assisting with the purchase of a house also.
    They have a great blend of professionalism and empathy and are a credit to the company.

Thank You so much for all your help!

39. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  17/11/2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We are delighted that we have provided you with such a memorable experience. We are not only passionate about delivering success to our customers but also in the best manner possible and it’s always lovely to hear from clients we have succeeded for. It really does mean a lot to our team to receive such positive feedback and you have my assurance that once identified the member of staff together with their line manager will receive a copy of your kind comments. Sarah and Victoria were both delighted to read your appreciation of their efforts. Warm Regards - The Express Estate Agency
  40. A 2-star review by ''

sarah lapin, josh ramplin
    DD11
    sarah lapinjosh ramplin

I was led to expect this company would seel the property in 4 - 6 weeks. I did not realise that this was a 20 week binding contract with no escape.
    I eventually escaped from the contract and advised them twice to remove the sales board from the property with no answer or acknowledgement. I registered with a local estate agent and demanded they remove the property from their website forthwith.
    Today i received a call asking me to settle a bill for a Home Report which i had provided!!
    This Company may be successful in Manchester but would not advise using them as they have no local knowledge, and questionable if they are awareof Scottish legal procedures.
    As far as I am concerned this was a total waste of time.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HOUSE NOT YET SOLD AND THEY TRIED TO BILL ME FOR FEE FOR HOME REPORT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  41. A 5-star review by ''

BB2
    £117000
    Becci Kennerley

Becci was fantastic! My purchase didn't always run completely smoothly but she did everything possible to sort out any issues between the solicitors and to advise me every step of the way. I felt that she was very informative and put me at ease whenever I rang her. If she ever couldn't answer and I left a message, she was always very quick to get back to me. Express were a pleasure to deal with and I am very much looking forward to moving into my lovely new home on Monday.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  42. A 5-star review by ''

Buying agent
    Becci Kennerley, James
    Ng3
    £92000
    Becci KennerleyJames

When we first heard how express worked we were slightly unsure. With everything being based in Manchester it was done how no one else did it. I am pleased to say that it worked really well though! Everything went as smoothly as it could've done. Becci is a real credit to the company. She was so friendly, she was very professional but it also felt like you were talking to a friend. She really helped in pushing everything through and made sure that we were happy with everything. She also rang plenty of times with updates so we were never in the dark. If and when we decide to sell this property on the future we would seriously consider using express and asking for Becci! Thank you so much for everything, Jessica and James.

43. View All Comments (1)by Express Customer Care Team  29/10/2014