Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Dixons

Agent rating: 1.4 out of 5.0 based on 14 ratings. This website contains 14 user reviews of Dixons.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Dixons are the largest Estate Agency business in the Midlands with 35 branches. If you have logged on to find a property I hope you find our website helpful and please do feel free to contact any of my offices to get the very latest on new instructions and market conditions.

Dixons has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Dixons, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 01-Aug-2014 09:38:50

1. A 1-star review by 'Val Hever' 28/7/2014

Property Management
    wv10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Avoid dixons Wolverhampton like the plague. They promise to phone you but never do. You go into the office and you have to deal with different people all the time. The problem is always down to someone else. Their incompetence has led to a young family with a 3 year old child having no possession and having to sleep on the floorwhile they wouldn't release a key where all their property was. The place is full of jobsworths and nobody is prepared to help you. Complete and utter waste of time

2. A 1-star review by 'E.Rather' 22/7/2014

Branch:
    70 Poplar Road (Solihull) (West Midlands)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    b90
    Rent PCM
    £1250
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The team is very unprofessional. They never take phone, if you want them to call back they never did. When we call them again to discuss they just drop the phone unprofessionally. They were very rude to us.
    They took holding deposit without our consent and then told us that it is non refundable.

3. A 1-star review by 'paulandbren' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    19 Oxford Street (Kidderminster) (Worcestershire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When we decided to sell our house we had three local agents to give us an appraisal and valuation. Out of the three we were very impressed with Dixons and the Top Ten promises they make to you in relation to the sale of your house. We really did not have to give it much thought and decided to go with Dixons. The price they valued our house at ranged by £10,000.00. We put it on the market at the higher valuation. We were under no illusions that our property would not be an easy one to sell, being a three storey, four bedroomed house with no garden. We had our house with Dixons for 16... (read more)

4. A 1-star review by 'Andy' 30/6/2014

Branch:
    23 Stone Street (Dudley) (West Midlands)
    DY2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Just over 12 weeks ago we signed an agreement with Dixons Dudley after having them do an appraisal of the property.. We followed their advice to the letter in terms of the photos, recommended promotion and price. After three weeks with only one genuine viewing they then advised us to drop the asking price by 10% saying that there was no way that we would get the original asking price. Despite concerns, they indicates that doing this would likely lead to lots of viewings.

To cut a long story short - having then changed the price, had an open day with no viewings whatsoever, we had three viewings over the following 9 weeks. One of whom was completely unsuitable.

The bottom line - a complete waste of time and money due to their ineptitude!

5. A 1-star review by 'greenie' 17/5/2014

Branch:
    110-112A Church Road (Yardley) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    b26
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Dixon estate agents are disgusting, informed me a month later after my buyer backed out, leaving me still paying for surveys & incurring other expenses after we lost our buyer, they have now blackballed my property because i had the nerve to complain about their service.

“nothing !”

6. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Unhappy.com' 14/4/2014

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Wv8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My advice stay away from these so called agents! They didn't do any of the fully managed package I took out with them! Then when I started asking questions they got very rude and one member of staff became aggressive towards me. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I then got in touch with country wide- they emailed me there complaints procedure I follows there instructions to the letter, and I had no response. I then got put in touch with the head of complaints at country wide. I did get a reply to this but was pushed back to the area manager as this is procedure for them. The area... (read more)

7. A 1-star review by 'Matthew' 15/2/2014

Branch:
    141 High Street (Harborne) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    B29
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Dixons have been utterly incompetent when dealing with us. We arranged a viewing of a property to rent and the agent, Emma, didn't bother turning up. We called the office who were unable to contact to her, so she had clearly just gone home.

Despite this we were keen and decided to arrange another viewing. This time the agent was there but she had arranged for 3 groups to come at the same time. By the time we arrived one of the groups had already paid the holding fee meaning we couldn't see the house.

When we asked her why she didn't bother turning up she was rude and claimed it was our fault because we hadn't confirmed the appointment, despite being up since 6am and having received no phone call to confirm. She argued that we must have given the wrong number, however the office had had no issue contacting us so this was a lie. She was totally unapologetic and claimed that they were unwilling to waste time turning up to unconfirmed appointments. Apparently they are fine with us wasting our time by turning up to view a house that has already been signed though!

What could Dixons do to change your mind??

“1. She would have actually turned up to our initially appointment. 2. She wouldn\'t have organised several groups to attend a viewing at the same time, leaving us to turn up to a house that was already signed. 3. She wouldn\'t have been so rude and tried to imply it was our fault that she didn\'t turn up when it was clearly just because she couldn\'t be bothered.”

8. A 1-star review by 'Miss X' 29/1/2014

Branch:
    4 Cross Lane (Great Barr) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Andrew
    b43

Andrew

Stay away from Dixons at all costs. Andrew does nothing but lie to prospective customers. I put an offer in on a property only to find out the offer was never actually put forward to the seller. Lie after lie after lie means this is either the worst estate agent I can imagine or they just employ a bad egg that they need to get rid off before he damages their reputation further

What could Dixons do to change your mind??

“Tell thr truth, not mess me about and actually care about customers and not just his bonus!”

9. 6

A 1-star review by 'Mr. Hewitt' 28/12/2012

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    WV14
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My partner & I had the misfortune of dealing with this company for a property rental and to say that they are the most unprofessional and inept company would be a gross understatement.
    They made a monumental series of errors that got us so frustrated we ended up contacting the Property Ombudsman.
    We have been lied to, deceived and their whole attitude throughout has been a nonchalnat one.
    To highlight some of the issues - they advertised a property at a negotiated price, then on the eve of us moving told us the 'proposed rent was to be increased', I refused the new asking price and... (read more)

10. 1
    person found this

A 4-star review by 'Mrs T' 23/8/2010

Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have nothing but praise for this branch.

I am still on the market but not for the want of trying, I have at least 1 / 2 viewings on my house every week (proceedable people). The agent cannot make a person buy your house they either like it or they don't, the agents job is to get people INTO YOUR HOUSE. They are always really pleasent, effective and I would always use them,

I tried Allan Morris and to say they were awfull is an under statement!

1. 4

A 2-star review by 'outofmybox' 6/7/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Before I decided who to market with, I called all the agents in my area and asked a simple question - "how much do you charge"?
    All agents told me on the phone - except Dixon's who insisted on seeing the house first!

When they arrived, they were about an hour in to their sales pitch before I was informed, I was shocked by their high fees (twice as much as other agents)!

They were more concerned with getting me in to their office to see their mortgage adviser and trying to persuade me to use their solicitors even though I had already instructed my own!

The agent was more like a high-pressure salesman than an agent and before long I was signing on the dotted line!

After I had "slept on it", I called the next day to cancel but was "talked in to staying", the day after I emailed my request to cancel and blocked their phone number, they still listed the house on Rightmove AND erected a for sale board whist I was out!!

Very unprofessional.

2. A 2-star review by 'Tina' 8/6/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Incompetent, failed to include our property on an open day even though we were very keen and added at last minute too late, no returned calls, no feedback and hardly any viewings, just not proactive enough if you want to sell your house quickly!

3. 5

A 1-star review by 'hoppy' 8/6/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was persauded to sign with Dixons as they informed me they would have no problem selling my property in under 8 weeks. They went on to say that currently they has at least 3 prospective buyers looking fro property in my area. These never transpired. I have been on the market with Dixons for 7 weeks now and have had 3 viewings in total. I have no interst shown in the last 2 weeks. I have e mailed Dixons but not received any response. I have asked for a summary of their complaints procedure - again no response. My next step is to contact the property ombudsman.

4. A 2-star review by 'Fiona' 26/11/2009

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have not been impressed with Dixons, Coventry. Initally we had viewings but it seemed to dry up. Our house was on the market from May-August with them. Yet when we went with Newmans, we had endless viewings and are property was sold within 2 weeks. The communication wasn't great, feedback not obtained and calls not returned.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  5. View All Comments (2)by Tina  08/06/2010

This is true of the wolves branch, two dif prices in the window, no feedback, no call back been on four months, two forced viewings cos the buyers were after 3 bed! We will be leaving them very soon!