FREE Valuation

Connells

Agent rating: 2.2 out of 5.0 based on 254 ratings. This website contains 252 user reviews of Connells.

• Connells has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Connells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 74 recommend
  • 180 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

One of the largest and most successful estate agency groups in the country with a network of over 150 branches throughout the Home Counties, South, West Country, Midlands and East Anglia.

Page last updated on: 24-May-2015 12:44:14

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

1. 1
    person found this

A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    91a High Street (Newport Pagnell) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    Mk5
    £185000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Avoid this company. They do not tell the truth and are totally incompetent.

THEY ARE TRULY THE ESTATE AGENTS FROM HELL

If one was to make a programme entitled Cowboy Estate Agents Connells Oxley Park would be the best of the worst as that is what they have provided me. I feel totally ripped off.

Appointing Connell's Oxley Park, Milton Keynes to sell my house has to rank as one of the top five worst decisions of my life.

To describe the experience as a disaster (from start to finish) would be an understatement. I wish I had visited this site to be warned as to the calibre of the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY LIED ABOUT THE VALUE OF MY PROPERTY IN ORDER TO GET MY BUSINESS. THEY LIED ABOUT THE FEES THEY WOULD CHARGE”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Been honest, professional and acted upon my interests as opposed to their own agenda”

2. 1
    person found this

A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    21 Bore Street (Litchfield) (Staffordshire)
    They arranged our mortgage
    Amarit
    DE14
    £114000
    Amarit

Unbelievably useless. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get your custom, even if its lies. I came to Connells having been told from another (very good) mortgage advisor that I wouldn't be getting a mortgage. Amarit at Connells assured me this was incorrect and Id get a mortgage no problem.

A month later after lots of wasted admin fees and time, I won't be getting a mortgage. All the information she needed was given to her on the initial visit, I made sure of this since I'd already been told elsewhere I wouldn't get one! These people don't care, they just want their commission and will try anything to get it, even if it means wasting lots of your time and money.

DON'T go here for mortgage advice. They use shady selling tactics and will blatantly lie to you and waste your time

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    22-24 Halford Street (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    le3

Avoid at all costs!
    We found a house we wanted to buy which was with Connells. So we decided to market our house with them too, thinking that they would be motivated to sell our house as they would then be able to sell 2 houses. How wrong we were.
    We were tied into a contract with them for 20 weeks and they coudn't sell our house. We asked for ideas of how we could try to sell our house and they couldn't give us any. They came and took photos with just a normal digital camera so the photos didn't do our house justice. The description they wrote started with ' a 3 bedroom house with... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    6 The Parade (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    Tony Wood, Sarah Cipin
    WD24
    £435000
    Tony WoodSarah Cipin

We received an excellent service from all the staff at Connells. The branch manager Tony has great local knowledge and secured the best price for our property. The whole team worked hard and Sarah has the patience of a saint whilst dealing with what became a complicated 'chain'. We would fully recommend!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Hargate Way (Hampton Hargate) (Cambridgeshire)
    pe7
    Corey Whelan

Corey and colleagues were very helpful and friendly. Since we were new to the Uk and pressed for time they responded very quickly and were flexible to meet our needs. Also a fantastic sense of humour :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

NN1
    Tia Thomas

The procedure of renting out our house and also looking to rent out one at the same time felt like it will be a very difficult time but when we met Tia Thomson she was very helpful, friendly and she always without any hesitation answered all our questions to the best of her knowledge. We would like to thank her for being very nice to us and always being there to help us with all our questions. When we went into the office in Corby and she was not there all the other colleagues were very effective and gave Tia our messages to her and she contacted us straight away when she got free. The whole procedure went smoothly and we were relieved to know everything is going the right direction. All the state agencies should have someone like Tia Thomson working for them because she is doing her job excellent. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Hargate Way (Hampton Hargate) (Cambridgeshire)
    pe7
    £750
    Corey Whelan

Used as a tenant find only service - would recommend. Had 4 viewing lined up on first day.
    Very good written comms. There was differential in negotiators - but the Lettings Manger was excellent.
    Let down by their centralised accounts dept - that were very slow releasing funds to me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

My experience with Connells as a letting agent has been very positive, my letting agent , Tia , managed the process with a professional and friendly style that was a credit to herself and Connells. I would happily recommend Connells to any perspective landlord.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Tia Thomas

An excellent service from Tia, who continues to help us with other inquiries professionally and promptly. Although Connells was very thorough, the 16 per cent fee is a little high.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE SERVICE WAS GOOD, BUT THE 16 PER CENT FEE IS A LITTLE HIGH.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Julie , sadie Bromley
    LE8
    £500
    Julie sadie Bromley

Connells look after our two bedroom flat and we have been very happy with their service. Sadie, Natasha & Julie have been very helpful from day 1 and have ensured that any maintenance issues that have arisen have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. Communication is excellent and we feel comfortable leaving the management of our property in their capable hands.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 1 -star review by ''

Staff Member
    Sue Brotheridge, the lad in sales
    le18
    Sue Brotheridgethe lad in sales

a tale of 2 sides
    firstly lettings who are helpful smiling professional staff
    sales who seem to make it there daily challenge to be rude , ignorant & unhelpful esp the likes of sue & the ic2 who seem to think its there god given right to be rude and then complain, clearly her manager has no idea of what her staff are doing.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Le18
    £735
    sadie Bromley

Very professional throughout the tenancy process, willing to answer any questions we had on the property. Friendly service throughout branch

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£595
    sadie Bromley

Both Sadie and Natasha were welcoming, friendly, polite, caring, professional and extremely helpful in my search for a property to rent. They provided lots of good advice and were always willing to listen and help.
    Natasha was very knowledgeable re the deposit scheme, and offered her assistance regarding my previous landlord and recovery of my deposit.
    I really appreciated their expertise, and excellent customer service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Wote Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    Christi Collins
    RG27
    Christi Collins

I cannot reccomend Christi at Conells enough after helping us through a particuarly complicated let due to the failings of our previous agency. Christi went above and beyond to help and was always just at the end of the phone. After having such bad experiences with other letting agents in Basingstoke it was really nice to recieve such friendly customer service and we are truly greatfull for Christi's help in getting us into our lovely new home.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE SLIGHTLY MORE THAN OTHER AGENTS BUT WE DIDNT CHECK THIS UP FRONT AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AS SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER AGENTS WITH CHEAPER INITIAL FEES THAT IT WAS WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45 Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Connells dealt with selling my mothers property in Hemel Hempstead it was a probate sale so it really was a sensitive. I was so impressed with how professional they were during the whole process. We have a large family and they did a great job in updating all of us on the progress. They sold the property for a price we were all happy with.
    Would highly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Le8
    £525
    sadie Bromley

I rented a property through Connells last month. Although Sadie was my main contact all staff were friendly and helpful when ever I contacted them. The transaction was managed quickly and professionally and I felt that my requirements were listened too and acted upon.

I would definitely recommend Connells and would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Thanks Sadie!

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THEIR FEES SEEMED QUITE A BIT HIGHER THAN OTHER LETTING AGENTS THEY DID PRICE MATCH FOR ME AS THE PROPERTY WAS BEING MARKETED BY TWO COMPANIES. HAVING SAID THAT, THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT SO PERHAPS YOU GET WHAT YOU LAY FOR!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£590
    sadie Bromley

Thank you Sadie for your excellent service and support in quickly letting out our property with a great standard and lasting impression. Very friendly, efficient and professional member of staff with patience and the willigness to assist through out. A pleasure doing business with you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45 Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Carl Wood
    WD4
    £420000
    Carl Wood

Excellent from start to finish. Found us the perfect property and was dealt with the offer and clarification very professionally. There were a couple of issue's while the sale progressed and Carl assisted and communicated to both ourselves and the owners throughout what was a awkward purchase. Without this and with a different agent involved I believe our purchase may well not have completed. Thank you to all the staff at Connells in Hemel Hempstead.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 4 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were helped with every step of the way with the letting process. Any questions that we asked were answered and dealt with in a friendly and businesss like way. All the staff have been fantastic. I would highly recommend Connells to my family and friends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE AGENTS FEE\'S”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Le2
    sadie Bromley

Hi, I am very happy with the service I received from sadie, she has helped me a lot and she was very calm and polite towards myself and my husband. I felt very comfortable with her and she helped me with all the paper work, any help I needed I felt free to phone her at any time. She was always available to help me. I felt very secure, I am thankful to have had sadie to help. I would like to thank her very much and wish her the best of luck. She is a bright young girl with a lot of potential. Thank you so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

£800
    sadie Bromley

It was wonderful experience as Sadie helped me so much for two months viewing different properties and calling me when something comes on the market as I am a bit picky ..she really did understand what I was looking for and helped me talking to the landlord to bargain a reduced rent for what he was asking. Natasha also made my second view on the property I applied for and sent me the agreement and helped over the phone a couple of times and both of them are very freindly and helped me through the finalisation of the contract .Connels have a great structure and business model which I appreciated and I will definitely recommend to my friends and acquaintances. Again both Sadie and Natasha were very helpful over the telephone whenever I needed help to understand anything.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Tia Thomas

Very professional at all times. The communication and attention to detail were excellent. Tia and her colleagues worked hard for us and the service they provided was second to none. They assured us of their ability to let our property and they delivered quickly and efficiently. We were new to property letting and Tia guided us every step of the way.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS BUT WORTH IT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Sam Downs, tracey Pallett
    LE8
    £675
    Sam Downstracey Pallett

Both Sam and Tracey were brilliant, this is the first time I have let a property they explained everything step by step and arranged all of the necessary safety checks. I was particularly nervous as this was my home and felt very attached to the property Sam assured me he would find a suitable tenant, and he did.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Sam Downs
    le3
    £695
    Sam Downs

After possible delays to the completion of our tenancy Sam went out of his way to ensure the deal went through, sorting out things after work hours at home and also accepting phone calls from ourselves. also keeping us informed with things and advising us when needed. This went on right to the signing over of the keys.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IS ANYONE EVER \'SATISFIED\' WITH ANY FEES? BUT THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND HAVE TO BE PAID!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Winchester House, Winchester Street (Andover) (Hampshire)
    Sp10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Pleasant team and very helpful even offered me coffee. They were deferent then the other agents in Andover. Thank you

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

tracey Pallett
    le8
    £675
    tracey Pallett

As an investor I have dealt with many agents before and have always had a relatively poor service hence why I switched to Connells.
    From day one Tracey was at all the appointments on time, very polite and extremely helpful.
    She was very pro active and kept me up to date without being prompted which is usually unheard of nowadays.

I am extremely impressed with the service received by Tracey and will certainly use her in the future.

Thanks very much!

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND THOROUGHLY DESERVED WILL CERTAINLY THINK ABOUT USING CONNELLS FULL RENTAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Watergate (Grantham) (Lincolnshire)
    Louise Stewart
    NG31
    £525
    Louise Stewart

I'd just like to thank Louise Stewart for all her help and guidance in renting out my properties in Grantham. Her professional attitude when dealing with difficult tenants or tradesman is greatly appreciated and she is always my first port of call when these issues arise. I know I can ask her anything and she will explain it in a clear and logical way. Due in part to her extensive knowledge and experience of the lettings world.
    Thanks Louise your help is much appreciated.

Best regards, Ashley

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8-10 Leicester Road (Blaby) (Leicestershire)
    Tracey , Sam Downs
    £1125
    Tracey UnknownSam Downs

The team at Connells Blaby have been great to deal with and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to rent in the area. Both Tracey and Sam have been responsive and helpful from the beginning and as tenants we are very happy with their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Sam Downs, tracey Pallett
    LE9
    £595
    Sam Downstracey Pallett

We are landlords for the first time and Sam and Tracey guided us through all the pros and cons, making the process as easy as possible. There is so much to think of, especially when you are not sure of the correct way of doing things. Sam went the extra mile in securing our tenants when things didnt go to plan for either of us. He ensured that everything was carried out thoroughly to get the best results for us all. Thanks Sam.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE OBTAINED QUITE A FEW QUOTES AND CONNELLS WERE NOT THE MOST COMPETITIVE BY FAR BUT WE DECIDED TO PROCEED AS WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE SERVICE MIKE SHARP HAD GIVEN TO US WITH THE PURCHASE OF THIS PROPERTY. THIS WAS A VERY STRESSFUL TIME FOR US, NOT ONLY THE STRESS OF THE BUYING BUT ALSO PERSONAL PROBLEMS THAT HAD ARISEN AT THE TIME. MIKE WAS ALWAYS ON THE END OF THE PHONE OR CALLED US BACK WHENEVER WE NEEDED ADVISE EVEN WHEN WE CALLED INTO THE OFFICE WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. THANKS VERY MUCH MIKE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 Regent Street (Rugby) (Warwickshire)
    cv23
    Would you use the agent again? No

I've been recieving mail from this company since I bought my house (over 3 years ago). Basically they want to sell my house for me. Well, up until now the letters have been going in the bin. But after having to go to a royal mail sorting office to pay postage on a letter with no stamp to find it was more junk mail from these guys I was fuming! I mean, what company would expect you to use them to sell a house if they cant even manage to put a stamp on a letter! Any further mail is now going to be kept and used as proof of harassment.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Not be incompetent.”