FREE Valuation

Connells

Agent rating: 2.3 out of 5.0 based on 277 ratings. This website contains 275 user reviews of Connells.

• Connells has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Connells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 11976 out of 14151 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

2.27 out of 5.00

• 88 recommend
  • 189 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

One of the largest and most successful estate agency groups in the country with a network of over 150 branches throughout the Home Counties, South, West Country, Midlands and East Anglia.

Page last updated on: 30-Jun-2015 10:31:49

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. FEATURED REVIEW
    expires 21/09/2015

Branch:
    135 South Road (Haywards Heath) (West Sussex)
    Janine Palmer, Bella Topley
    BN6
    £1350
    Janine PalmerBella Topley

Dickens would have been hard pressed to describe a more negligent, indolent and derelict company. I am a landlord and Connells manifested all the black arts: hidden fees, non-management of tenants, and a sloppy disorganized service.

Worse is the expedient way they ignored a credit check fail and allowed myself and a tenant family to think they were moving in 3 days prior to the check-in date. Just days before the move I was presented with notification of an official fail accompanied with a ('standard') letter of indemnity - which I was expected to sign, absolving them of any future... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

2. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    81-83 Darlington Street (Wolverhampton) (West Midlands)
    Property Management
    Lee Cooke
    wv13
    Lee Cooke

We asked Lee to come out and value our property to establish whether or not it would be financially possible for us to put our house on the market. We have been advertising with Dixons since January and have not been happy with the service and help that we have received. Lee sat down and took his time to explain the overall figures needed for a deposit, he didn't gloss over anything and let us ask questions instead of talking over us and confusing us with numbers like so many other agents do. He has helped us to realise what we exactly want to achieve in our situation and how we can get the price we want and still come out with no debt.

“N/A”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    NN18
    £725
    Tia Thomas

What I started as a general enquiry was quickly turned into an occupied house within days!Tia got time to view the property the same day I made the enquiry and within days Connells had found a Tenant in an extremely hassle free process.

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    72/74 Station Road Yate (Yate) (Bristol) (South Gloucestershire)
    They arranged our mortgage
    Bs37
    Would you use the agent again? No

Inexperienced incompetent has no knowledge what so ever has been working on several mortgages of mine and still and still hasn't managed to find an appropriate product or company knowing what the criteria is. I wouldnt recommend her to anybody. Also the staff get all ignorant and uptight when you make a complaint about them...

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 4 -star review by ''

£895
    Danielle Mahoney

The staff at Connells were very helpful when dealing with our requests, we needed a speedy process as I was starting a new job and wanted to be in the property as soon as possible, they went the distance to make sure this was possible.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

PE1
    £475
    Corey Whelan

I would definitely recommend dealing with Connells if you are a prospective tennant. Thoroughly friendly and courteous staff. Couldn't do enough for you. Any and all questions asked were answered quickly. 5 star service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Le8
    £595
    Tracey Pallett

I found Tracey to be very helpfull and professional from the start she kept me informed of how the application was coming along and was always there to answer any questions I may have had.
    It made the whole process very easy and relaxed.
    I will be recommending Connells to my friends and family In the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

le8
    £725
    Tracey Pallett

I've dealt with Tracey Pallett previously and was very impressed so returned to Connells for them to manage my 2nd property let.
    As before Tracey provided an excellent pro active service and secured a tenant I am very pleased with.
    She responds quickly and deals with my queries efficiently and professionally and always with a 'no problem' attitude which is always hard to find with my past experience with agents.

I will continue to recommend and use her services in the future for my upcoming projects.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE BASED ON TH ELEVEL OF SERVICE PROVIDED AND TIME SPENT ON TH ECASE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£825
    Corey Whelan

As this was my first time renting a house out I don't think I could have chosen better than Corey and the Connells team!

Everything was made very easy for me. With very good communication from Corey. I had several questions about the process and other general questions that Corey dealt with easily and confidently.

It's now been a couple of months since I've had tenants in the property and I'm happy to say there have been no problems. The couple of maintenance issues that I've had with the property have been dealt with quickly by the Connells team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1/3 Stoke Lane Westbury-On-Trym (Westbury on Trym) (Bristol) (City of Bristol)
    BS9
    Would you use the agent again? No

I'm afraid the agent are dependant on their legal team with a mission to get the most out of their clients. We marketed a property with them and were so unhappy with their communication. We left them to another excellent agent. we sold the property with the new agency. The buyer did make an offer at some point via connells but was ridiculously low, so we rejected it. he appeared a few months later to the new agency and was convinced by the talented agents to put the price up which we accepted. Connells a year later are still chasing us for fees of introducing the buyer. Seems like we are funding them as they couldn't do the job! they never tried to convince the buyer to put the price up. Never ever to be used again! a headache agency. They managed to make the process so painful.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Respect their client and accept their failure in selling the property rather than chasing for money whilst they can to get anything from their client. Awful experience.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 New Union Street (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    CV3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Really poor service from this agent when I tried to sell my property with them. It took them 3 weeks to arrange first viewing. Then nothing happened for another 3 weeks. I asked my mate to give them a call and ask to arrange viewing as I was being confused by high amount of online hits my property was getting. They offered him mortgage advisor appointment instead and when he declined, they said they're too busy to organise viewing that day and broke conversation in seconds. Never called me or my mate back. I served them a notice (their standard term is 20 weeks so watch out). They organised 3... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVERPRICED FOR WHAT YOU'RE GETTING BACK.”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Won't change my mind. My review is based on true facts and reflects service level provided by agent.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Corey Whelan, Danielle Mahoney
    £575
    Corey WhelanDanielle Mahoney

We have been using Connells since February 2015 for numerous lets in Hampton Vale. We've mainly dealt with Corey & Danielle. They have always been professional, provided a fantastic level of customer service & always strive to meet any requests we have. We've found they are willing to go that extra mile which really makes the difference & helps them stand out against their competitors.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    182 Station Road (Harrow) (Greater London)
    Buying agent
    Chris
    Ha3
    Chris

NEVER USE THEM!!!!

Last Monday we got a letter from Connells saying your offer has been accepted and you can start the mortgage procedure. Only to find out today from the owners that they have accepted another cash buyers offer. On other side myself and husband has paid for the surveys and done our mortgage application form.
    The agents didn't have curtesy to call us about the second offer or even apologies for our lose. To summerise Connells is operated by incompetent staff hiding behind the franchise brand name.

I would not recommend it to my worst enemy

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Tracey Pallett, Sam Downs
    LE96
    £695
    Tracey PallettSam Downs

I found that Tracey kept me to to date with the process and helped as much as she could when times got stressful. I appreciate all of Tracey's support with the date change and found her to always be helpful. The original date for the house was the 17/04/15, however this did change to the 29/05/15 which we did find hard, but Tracey did what she could to help and we realise that date change was out of her control. We felt very happy with the service and support we received. :-) We didn't have much contact with Sam, however the times that we did he was very helpful and he showed my Dad around the property when it was first listed and my Dad said that he was very thorough and friendly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

£575
    Danielle Mahoney

i just wanted to give a positive review with the way that Connells handled my enquiry with regards to me looking for rented accommodation in the Hampton area, Peterborough.
    i sent an email on the 26 may to Connells via Rightmove.com, and got a call pretty much straight away from Danielle who confirmed a viewing on a 2 bedroom flat. As i was new to the area and as yet have no transport, offered to pick me up and take me to the viewing. We met the following day and infact had another property come up on her books and was able to show me that too, which was great.
    I subsequently made an offer the following day, Thurs 28 May, we did all the necessaries on the Monday, and once all my references and payments went through, got the keys on Friday 05 Jun:)
    The service I received from Danielle was first class, quick, efficient and painless. I thoroughly recommend the service from Connells, and accolade to Danielle and big thank you to Danielle for help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Danielle Mahoney, katie kelly
    £850
    Danielle Mahoneykatie kelly

Hi,

We have just let our house and Danielle has been fantastic - she has kept us informed throughout the whole process and has been polite, pleasant and a pleasure to deal with. We will definitely be using your services again.

Katie

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    78b The Parade (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Sadie Bromley
    Le18
    £475
    Sadie Bromley

Really friendly & helpful during a stressful time. Made me feel like I was her only tenant! Very approachable and professional, thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Pe25
    £650
    Corey Whelan

We bought a property through Connells and then invited them to attend the property to market it for the purpose of letting it out. Within 1 hour of visiting the property, Corey called to say he had someone interested in viewing. That was done within 4 hours and the persons were happy to move in within 2 weeks.
    This may appear to have been a 'lucky' type of scenario. However, I would like to say that Corey was presentable, knowledgeable and a likeable character. We have interacted with many agents over the years and believe we are good at judging people's characters. On this occasion I would say Corey is a credit to the company and from the moment we met him until after the tenants moved in, he has continued to be helpful. He has communicated with us when he has said he would and has kept us up to date with the progression of the tenancy.
    I would most definitely use Connells again as we had a fantastic experience with both buying through them and subsequently letting through them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS DONE AT AN AGREED RATE DUE TO BOTH BUYING AND LETTING THROUGH THEM.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit B11 North Swindon District Centre, Thamesdown Drive (Swindon) (Gloucestershire)
    SN25
    Would you use the agent again? No

From the off the staff at Connells are pushy and arrogant. We only contacted them to look at a house they were selling and were pressured into a meeting with the branch manager to 'see what he could do for us' in terms of selling our house (we are currently listed with another estate agent)
    To be fair he had some helpful advice on how to price effectively in terms of where your ad will appear on Rightmove, and on limiting the amount of pictures to 8, just enough to entice people to book a viewing (though interestingly this rule doesn't seem to apply to any of the houses they currently have... (read more)

21. 3
    people found this

Branch:
    21 Bore Street (Litchfield) (Staffordshire)
    They manage our building
    Danielle
    WS15
    £650
    Danielle

What a bunch of jokers. After reading all the other reviews I can't help but feel that whichever Connells branch you visit you will get the same terrible incompetent service.

I let a property with Connells and so far their service has been beyond terrible. My first payment which was owed to me for letting income got sent by cheque instead of BACS (even though I stated I wanted BACS payment), not only that, they sent it to the wrong address, an address that I've never lived at but was looking at buying (also through connells).

After explaining to them they have sent the cheque to the wrong address, they want to charge me a �10 cancellation fee! Couple this with lots of other delays, ignored emails and phone calls and just an all round very bad service.

They truly are an awful estate agents, you will be lied to, ignored and dealt with in the most unprofessional manor. My advice is to steer very clear of Connells and find yourself another estate agent!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Rotary Way (Banbury) (Oxfordshire)
    OX16
    £625

DO NOT USE!!!

These estate agents are unbelievably unprofessional, inefficient and useless! I do not have time to state all reasons but these are my top 5:
    - it took TWO MONTHS to give me my deposit back (and that was without claims - just pure incompetency)
    - Repairs in my only bathroom (all pipes clogged) took FOUR working days to repair
    - they lost both sets of extra keys to my flat within the first two months of my tenancy
    - six weeks before end of tenancy a contractor broke my shower curtain which hadn't been fixed by the time I vacated the flat (usually contractors are not even... (read more)

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Get their act together! Their service is shocking, so put some standards and processes in place and select your personnel better. Have reliable, professional, knowledgeable people who actually care work for you!”

24. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    83 George Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    John Clark
    Lu1
    £70
    John Clark

I had appointment with morgage advisor at 3:30pm on 22nd May 2015, its an office hour but still I managed to go there taking my time off from work, John said it needs to reschedule, they tried to contact me to cancel but I did not respond my phone! But the true is They did not leave any message, neither texted me, nor I recieved any calls from them.
    Secondly after the morgage advise They suppose to show me a property at 5pm. I asked John to give me the full address and he gave me the address on his own writing on his business card. When I went to the property using his given address, there is no sign of flats, all are houses and none are in sale, neither Mr Clerk is there. Mr. Clerk gave me wrong address and not phone call or apology from him. Most rubbish service I experienced in my entire life. Please stay away from Connells Luton.

25. 1

Branch:
    14 Drake Circus (Plymouth) (Devon)
    Sophie Godfrey
    PL1
    £640
    Sophie Godfrey

From the word go I knew she does not know what she was doing her figures were not adding up at and she is very arrogant. She tell lies with confidence and promise to sort out the problem and she has never done. All the checks that should be done before a tenant move in was never done. What really annoys me is when she promises to sort out the problem any call you back she will never call, and the problem will not be sorted out. When you continue to call she will not pick up the phone and when the other staff picked up the call they will say that she is not in which is a lie. I will not go anywhere near connells agency anymore, and will not recommend them to anyone at all. Sophie Godfrey is not fit to do the job, her customer service is very very poor that I will never go there anymore.

26. 1

Branch:
    91a High Street (Newport Pagnell) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    Mk5
    £185000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Avoid this company. They do not tell the truth and are totally incompetent.

THEY ARE TRULY THE ESTATE AGENTS FROM HELL

If one was to make a programme entitled Cowboy Estate Agents Connells Oxley Park would be the best of the worst as that is what they have provided me. I feel totally ripped off.

Appointing Connell's Oxley Park, Milton Keynes to sell my house has to rank as one of the top five worst decisions of my life.

To describe the experience as a disaster (from start to finish) would be an understatement. I wish I had visited this site to be warned as to the calibre of the... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY LIED ABOUT THE VALUE OF MY PROPERTY IN ORDER TO GET MY BUSINESS. THEY LIED ABOUT THE FEES THEY WOULD CHARGE”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Been honest, professional and acted upon my interests as opposed to their own agenda”

27. 1

Branch:
    21 Bore Street (Litchfield) (Staffordshire)
    They arranged our mortgage
    Amarit
    DE14
    £114000
    Amarit

Unbelievably useless. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get your custom, even if its lies. I came to Connells having been told from another (very good) mortgage advisor that I wouldn't be getting a mortgage. Amarit at Connells assured me this was incorrect and Id get a mortgage no problem.

A month later after lots of wasted admin fees and time, I won't be getting a mortgage. All the information she needed was given to her on the initial visit, I made sure of this since I'd already been told elsewhere I wouldn't get one! These people don't care, they just want their commission and will try anything to get it, even if it means wasting lots of your time and money.

DON'T go here for mortgage advice. They use shady selling tactics and will blatantly lie to you and waste your time

28. 1

Branch:
    22-24 Halford Street (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    le3

Avoid at all costs!
    We found a house we wanted to buy which was with Connells. So we decided to market our house with them too, thinking that they would be motivated to sell our house as they would then be able to sell 2 houses. How wrong we were.
    We were tied into a contract with them for 20 weeks and they coudn't sell our house. We asked for ideas of how we could try to sell our house and they couldn't give us any. They came and took photos with just a normal digital camera so the photos didn't do our house justice. The description they wrote started with ' a 3 bedroom house with... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    6 The Parade (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    Tony Wood, Sarah Cipin
    WD24
    £435000
    Tony WoodSarah Cipin

We received an excellent service from all the staff at Connells. The branch manager Tony has great local knowledge and secured the best price for our property. The whole team worked hard and Sarah has the patience of a saint whilst dealing with what became a complicated 'chain'. We would fully recommend!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

£950
    Corey Whelan

Corey and colleagues were very helpful and friendly. Since we were new to the Uk and pressed for time they responded very quickly and were flexible to meet our needs. Also a fantastic sense of humour :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    NN1
    £850
    Tia Thomas

The procedure of renting out our house and also looking to rent out one at the same time felt like it will be a very difficult time but when we met Tia Thomson she was very helpful, friendly and she always without any hesitation answered all our questions to the best of her knowledge. We would like to thank her for being very nice to us and always being there to help us with all our questions. When we went into the office in Corby and she was not there all the other colleagues were very effective and gave Tia our messages to her and she contacted us straight away when she got free. The whole procedure went smoothly and we were relieved to know everything is going the right direction. All the state agencies should have someone like Tia Thomson working for them because she is doing her job excellent. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

£750
    Corey Whelan

Used as a tenant find only service - would recommend. Had 4 viewing lined up on first day.
    Very good written comms. There was differential in negotiators - but the Lettings Manger was excellent.
    Let down by their centralised accounts dept - that were very slow releasing funds to me.

Page: