FREE Valuation

Connells

Agent rating: 2.3 out of 5.0 based on 288 ratings. This website contains 286 user reviews of Connells.

• Connells has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Connells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 12109 out of 14303 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

2.31 out of 5.00

• 94 recommend
  • 194 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

One of the largest and most successful estate agency groups in the country with a network of over 150 branches throughout the Home Counties, South, West Country, Midlands and East Anglia.

Page last updated on: 27-Jul-2015 14:58:33

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. FEATURED REVIEW
    expires 21/09/2015

Branch:
    135 South Road (Haywards Heath) (West Sussex)
    Janine Palmer, Bella Topley
    BN6
    £1350
    Janine PalmerBella Topley

Dickens would have been hard pressed to describe a more negligent, indolent and derelict company. I am a landlord and Connells manifested all the black arts: hidden fees, non-management of tenants, and a sloppy disorganized service.

Worse is the expedient way they ignored a credit check fail and allowed myself and a tenant family to think they were moving in 3 days prior to the check-in date. Just days before the move I was presented with notification of an official fail accompanied with a ('standard') letter of indemnity - which I was expected to sign, absolving them of any future... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

2. A 5 -star review by ''

Lee Cooke, Jackie Whitton
    WV11
    £437000
    Lee CookeJackie Whitton

We have learnt over the years not to jump in with two feet….. however, when Lee came to see us, we knew instantly that Connells were the best Estate Agent for us. They did not come up with the cheapest fee, but we are firm believers that you get what you pay for. They sold our home within 6 days of it going online.

Lee was very amiable and was happy to spend several hours with us going through the services that Connells offer. He didn't rush through anything and was more than happy to explain the process in great detail to us.

As well as Lee, the rest of his team – we... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (Abingdon) (Oxfordshire)
    OX10
    Would you use the agent again? No

Do anything you can to avoid buying or selling through Connells. They are absolutely dreadful across the board. The staff are incompetent and made crucial errors, such as neglecting to instruct a solicitor even after I had completed the instruction form. Their staff consistently lied to me and were only ever out to serve their own interests., Now I've (finally) completed and am trying to complain they're making it incredibly difficult. It truly is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I will take this to the Ombudsman as soon as possible in the hope that no one else will have to suffer as I did. Please proceed with caution....

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Wote Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG21
    Would you use the agent again? No

This is by far the worst estate agent in UK (Basingstoke branch)! They never answer the phone, they don't call back, they sit on offers for days and do nothing with it. When you manage to speak to them it is impossible to have a sensible conversation as they will make it as difficult as possible for the customer to make an offer, I wonder if there is any interest behind it...they also push hard for their worthless packages as they want to make an extra �1k or as much as they can on their poor services and if you do not comply they fob you off....it doesn't surprise me as the office manager is the worst of the bunch. don't go anywhere near them!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    6 The Parade (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    Bee Raja
    WD18
    £140000
    Bee Raja

Thank you for selling my mothers flat. Unlike two of your competitors, who valued it at £122,000 and £125,000 respectively, you gave us a fair valuation and achieved a higher price than the other agents. At the outset and worked hard to achieve an equitable sale price which was fair to both parties.
    Thank you all for a professional job and the patience and courtesy you all showed from day one.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 1 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    Sp9
    £160000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Firstly my wife and i were selling our first bought property the agent oliver was brilliant and sold the house within 2 weeks for the full asking price even after it had fallen through once this was all still in a 2 week period so happy with that everything seemed to be going smooth right up until the end where the company started lying to us about when the sale was going to be completed and the money come through to our banks
    Because we were relocating there was a gap between our earnings and this wasnt a problem as we were told that the sale would complete on the 26th of june 2015 however... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE ALOT MORE THAN OTHERS BUT SEEMED TO BE OFFERING MORE FOR THE MONEY OLIVER WAS GREAT AVOID CHAWLEY HES A CONARTIST”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Be honest Explain everything Complete there job as its there job Keep in touch And not miss sell things deliberatley”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Jackie Whitton
    Wv4
    £125000
    Jackie Whitton

Thank you to Jackie who managed this mission impossible sale (or so it seemed most of the time) from start to completion, she progressed the sale efficiently and effectively against all odds at times and kept us informed every step of the way. If it hadn't been for jackies professionalism and tenacity we would still be awaiting completion. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    84 St Thomas Street (Weymouth) (Dorset)
    Dt4
    Would you use the agent again? No

Rude, repeatedly pushing mortgage on us even though already had one in place. For ever having to chase. Priced marked up too high. No customer care unless you use them for mortgage and conveyencing. Put us off buying from them. Would not recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    NN18
    Tia Thomas

Tia Thomas was excellent throughout in keeping us informed and offering good guidance. Connells managed to let our property on Day1 and handled all the subsequent lettings process very professionally. They gave us well-founded confidence that they knew what they were doing throughout - Many thanks!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit B11 North Swindon District Centre, Thamesdown Drive (Swindon) (Gloucestershire)
    Jack , Alex
    Sn2
    Jack Alex

Connells provided a valuation and gave the usual sales patter about their fees and why we should use them. When we were contacted and advised we had decided to use an alternative agent, I was asked if they could help with financial services and when I tried to explain that I would be porting my mortgage to the new property and it became apparent I was not going to proceed with them, the member of staff slammed the phone down. It's not surprising Estate Agents have the reputation they do when your first line customer contact leaves you with an experience like this. I would recommend avoiding Connells at all costs.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Danielle Mahoney, Sandra Widomska
    £895
    Danielle MahoneySandra Widomska

Sandra and Danielle from Connells were extremely helpful and friendlier than a lot of other agents in Peterborough who I had dealt with around the same time. They went out of their way to sort our let out in the quickest way.

Comments on the Agents fees

“STILL A LOT OF FEES FOR RENTED PROPERTY BUT HAPPY WITH THE DISCOUNTS AND ALLOWANCES FOR OUR PROPERTY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

PE3
    £1000
    Corey Whelan

I'm writing this review based on the excellent help received during the process of getting this house by Corey Whelan. (The brand manager of Connells in Peterborough) Initially when we saw the house and went to the office to show our interest however the house had already gone, but Corey ensured that he would find us a good home and make sure we were one of the first to hear it; he did fulfil his promises. Working with him has definitely been a pleasure, he has supported and given us a lot of information that has helped the process that much easier. He is such a good manager, that has exceeded our expectations, and should get a lot of praise for his hard work. The way he presented himself encouraged us to want the house more, it's hard to find good people like him and that's why I think his efforts need to be certainly commended. He is friendly and very enthusiastic. He deserves more than five (5) stars

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Lee Cooke
    wv13
    Lee Cooke

We asked Lee to come out and value our property to establish whether or not it would be financially possible for us to put our house on the market. We have been advertising with Dixons since January and have not been happy with the service and help that we have received. Lee sat down and took his time to explain the overall figures needed for a deposit, he didn't gloss over anything and let us ask questions instead of talking over us and confusing us with numbers like so many other agents do. He has helped us to realise what we exactly want to achieve in our situation and how we can get the price we want and still come out with no debt.

“N/A”

15. View All Comments (1)by Connells Director  30/06/2015

Thank you so very much for your kind comments, my team and I really do care about helping our customers starting with guidance and honesty, selling a home is a huge commitment and its important your agent is there for you.
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    NN18
    £725
    Tia Thomas

What I started as a general enquiry was quickly turned into an occupied house within days!Tia got time to view the property the same day I made the enquiry and within days Connells had found a Tenant in an extremely hassle free process.

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    72/74 Station Road Yate (Yate) (Bristol) (South Gloucestershire)
    They arranged our mortgage
    Bs37
    Would you use the agent again? No

Inexperienced incompetent has no knowledge what so ever has been working on several mortgages of mine and still and still hasn't managed to find an appropriate product or company knowing what the criteria is. I wouldnt recommend her to anybody. Also the staff get all ignorant and uptight when you make a complaint about them...

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

PE1
    £475
    Corey Whelan

I would definitely recommend dealing with Connells if you are a prospective tennant. Thoroughly friendly and courteous staff. Couldn't do enough for you. Any and all questions asked were answered quickly. 5 star service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

pe7
    £895
    Danielle Mahoney

The staff at Connells were very helpful when dealing with our requests, we needed a speedy process as I was starting a new job and wanted to be in the property as soon as possible, they went the distance to make sure this was possible.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Le8
    £595
    Tracey Pallett

I found Tracey to be very helpfull and professional from the start she kept me informed of how the application was coming along and was always there to answer any questions I may have had.
    It made the whole process very easy and relaxed.
    I will be recommending Connells to my friends and family In the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

le8
    £725
    Tracey Pallett

I've dealt with Tracey Pallett previously and was very impressed so returned to Connells for them to manage my 2nd property let.
    As before Tracey provided an excellent pro active service and secured a tenant I am very pleased with.
    She responds quickly and deals with my queries efficiently and professionally and always with a 'no problem' attitude which is always hard to find with my past experience with agents.

I will continue to recommend and use her services in the future for my upcoming projects.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE BASED ON TH ELEVEL OF SERVICE PROVIDED AND TIME SPENT ON TH ECASE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

£825
    Corey Whelan

As this was my first time renting a house out I don't think I could have chosen better than Corey and the Connells team!

Everything was made very easy for me. With very good communication from Corey. I had several questions about the process and other general questions that Corey dealt with easily and confidently.

It's now been a couple of months since I've had tenants in the property and I'm happy to say there have been no problems. The couple of maintenance issues that I've had with the property have been dealt with quickly by the Connells team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  24. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1/3 Stoke Lane Westbury-On-Trym (Westbury on Trym) (Bristol) (City of Bristol)
    BS9
    Would you use the agent again? No

I'm afraid the agent are dependant on their legal team with a mission to get the most out of their clients. We marketed a property with them and were so unhappy with their communication. We left them to another excellent agent. we sold the property with the new agency. The buyer did make an offer at some point via connells but was ridiculously low, so we rejected it. he appeared a few months later to the new agency and was convinced by the talented agents to put the price up which we accepted. Connells a year later are still chasing us for fees of introducing the buyer. Seems like we are funding them as they couldn't do the job! they never tried to convince the buyer to put the price up. Never ever to be used again! a headache agency. They managed to make the process so painful.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Respect their client and accept their failure in selling the property rather than chasing for money whilst they can to get anything from their client. Awful experience.”

25. 1
    person found this

Branch:
    38 New Union Street (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    CV3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Really poor service from this agent when I tried to sell my property with them. It took them 3 weeks to arrange first viewing. Then nothing happened for another 3 weeks. I asked my mate to give them a call and ask to arrange viewing as I was being confused by high amount of online hits my property was getting. They offered him mortgage advisor appointment instead and when he declined, they said they're too busy to organise viewing that day and broke conversation in seconds. Never called me or my mate back. I served them a notice (their standard term is 20 weeks so watch out). They organised 3... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVERPRICED FOR WHAT YOU'RE GETTING BACK.”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Won't change my mind. My review is based on true facts and reflects service level provided by agent.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Corey Whelan, Danielle Mahoney
    £575
    Corey WhelanDanielle Mahoney

We have been using Connells since February 2015 for numerous lets in Hampton Vale. We've mainly dealt with Corey & Danielle. They have always been professional, provided a fantastic level of customer service & always strive to meet any requests we have. We've found they are willing to go that extra mile which really makes the difference & helps them stand out against their competitors.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    182 Station Road (Harrow) (Greater London)
    Buying agent
    Chris
    Ha3
    Chris

NEVER USE THEM!!!!

Last Monday we got a letter from Connells saying your offer has been accepted and you can start the mortgage procedure. Only to find out today from the owners that they have accepted another cash buyers offer. On other side myself and husband has paid for the surveys and done our mortgage application form.
    The agents didn't have curtesy to call us about the second offer or even apologies for our lose. To summerise Connells is operated by incompetent staff hiding behind the franchise brand name.

I would not recommend it to my worst enemy

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Tracey Pallett, Sam Downs
    LE96
    £695
    Tracey PallettSam Downs

I found that Tracey kept me to to date with the process and helped as much as she could when times got stressful. I appreciate all of Tracey's support with the date change and found her to always be helpful. The original date for the house was the 17/04/15, however this did change to the 29/05/15 which we did find hard, but Tracey did what she could to help and we realise that date change was out of her control. We felt very happy with the service and support we received. :-) We didn't have much contact with Sam, however the times that we did he was very helpful and he showed my Dad around the property when it was first listed and my Dad said that he was very thorough and friendly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

£575
    Danielle Mahoney

i just wanted to give a positive review with the way that Connells handled my enquiry with regards to me looking for rented accommodation in the Hampton area, Peterborough.
    i sent an email on the 26 may to Connells via Rightmove.com, and got a call pretty much straight away from Danielle who confirmed a viewing on a 2 bedroom flat. As i was new to the area and as yet have no transport, offered to pick me up and take me to the viewing. We met the following day and infact had another property come up on her books and was able to show me that too, which was great.
    I subsequently made an offer the following day, Thurs 28 May, we did all the necessaries on the Monday, and once all my references and payments went through, got the keys on Friday 05 Jun:)
    The service I received from Danielle was first class, quick, efficient and painless. I thoroughly recommend the service from Connells, and accolade to Danielle and big thank you to Danielle for help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Danielle Mahoney, katie kelly
    pe7
    £850
    Danielle Mahoneykatie kelly

Hi,

We have just let our house and Danielle has been fantastic - she has kept us informed throughout the whole process and has been polite, pleasant and a pleasure to deal with. We will definitely be using your services again.

Katie

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    78b The Parade (Oadby) (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    Sadie Bromley
    Le18
    £475
    Sadie Bromley

Really friendly & helpful during a stressful time. Made me feel like I was her only tenant! Very approachable and professional, thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Pe25
    Corey Whelan

We bought a property through Connells and then invited them to attend the property to market it for the purpose of letting it out. Within 1 hour of visiting the property, Corey called to say he had someone interested in viewing. That was done within 4 hours and the persons were happy to move in within 2 weeks.
    This may appear to have been a 'lucky' type of scenario. However, I would like to say that Corey was presentable, knowledgeable and a likeable character. We have interacted with many agents over the years and believe we are good at judging people's characters. On this occasion I would say Corey is a credit to the company and from the moment we met him until after the tenants moved in, he has continued to be helpful. He has communicated with us when he has said he would and has kept us up to date with the progression of the tenancy.
    I would most definitely use Connells again as we had a fantastic experience with both buying through them and subsequently letting through them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS DONE AT AN AGREED RATE DUE TO BOTH BUYING AND LETTING THROUGH THEM.”

33. 4
    people found this

Branch:
    21 Bore Street (Litchfield) (Staffordshire)
    They manage our building
    Danielle
    WS15
    Danielle

What a bunch of jokers. After reading all the other reviews I can't help but feel that whichever Connells branch you visit you will get the same terrible incompetent service.

I let a property with Connells and so far their service has been beyond terrible. My first payment which was owed to me for letting income got sent by cheque instead of BACS (even though I stated I wanted BACS payment), not only that, they sent it to the wrong address, an address that I've never lived at but was looking at buying (also through connells).

After explaining to them they have sent the cheque to the wrong address, they want to charge me a �10 cancellation fee! Couple this with lots of other delays, ignored emails and phone calls and just an all round very bad service.

They truly are an awful estate agents, you will be lied to, ignored and dealt with in the most unprofessional manor. My advice is to steer very clear of Connells and find yourself another estate agent!

Page: