...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

FREE Valuation

Connells

Agent rating: 2.3 out of 5.0 based on 294 ratings. This website contains 292 user reviews of Connells.

• Connells has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Connells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 12152 out of 14371 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

2.32 out of 5.00

• 97 recommend
  • 197 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

One of the largest and most successful estate agency groups in the country with a network of over 150 branches throughout the Home Counties, South, West Country, Midlands and East Anglia.

Page last updated on: 28-Aug-2015 13:01:19

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW
    expires 21/09/2015

Branch:
    135 South Road (Haywards Heath) (West Sussex)
    Janine Palmer, Bella Topley
    BN6
    £1350
    Janine PalmerBella Topley

Dickens would have been hard pressed to describe a more negligent, indolent and derelict company. I am a landlord and Connells manifested all the black arts: hidden fees, non-management of tenants, and a sloppy disorganized service.

Worse is the expedient way they ignored a credit check fail and allowed myself and a tenant family to think they were moving in 3 days prior to the check-in date. Just days before the move I was presented with notification of an official fail accompanied with a ('standard') letter of indemnity - which I was expected to sign, absolving them of any future... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Lombard House, 145 Great Charles Street (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    Stan Heeks, Paul Waters
    B12
    Stan HeeksPaul Waters

Avoid this lettings agency at all cost. The staff are very incompetent, and it is hard to believe that you are the ones paying them for a service. They have no customer service skills whatsoever. Promise that they will call/email with an update, it does not happen. You constantly have to call several times a day to find out an answer. They also have so many people working for them, that your issue gets passed around from person to person, in which case, it can take up to a week, if not longer to solve. This company does not have the tenants best interest at heart, therefore any problem that you have with the property you are renting be prepared to receive a lot of grief from the landlord and the agency. Definitely would not recommend this agency. Made the whole letting experience very uncomfortable and felt on edge.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    21 Church Road (Burgess Hill) (West Sussex)
    Steve
    Rh15
    Steve

Steve, at Burgess Hill Connells, picked up a phone call from me, just to to lecture me, when I'd called actually to speak with his colleague Jan Temple. When Steve picked up the phone, there was no "good morning" or much of any kind word, he just jumped straight in and told me off for having cancelled a viewing. Taken aback and busy at the time, I told him I was sorry if originally needed to cancel a viewing of the house I was trying to again strange to view, but advised that I needed to now arrange to see it. Again I kept being reminded I'd cancelled a viewing I'd previously made.... (read more)

“N/A”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“This is the rudest most pedantic estate agent I e ever had the misfortune to have been forced to speak with. Steve Connls Church Walk Burgess Hill made me feel stressed upset and desperate when simy trying to view a house ago bells are currently marketing. I NEVER want to deal with this man again if at l possible, as he doesn't listen and acts aggressively over the phone.”

4. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    243 North Street (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Jason , Daniel
    BS13
    Jason Daniel

Truly awful experience with this bunch of unethical liars. Seem to want to do nothing but sell you a Morgage. On multiple occasions have insinuated that I would not get the property I wanted unless I took out a Morgage through them. Have told me the property is sold to someone else who submitted a higher bid, which is fair enough, but it turns out after a friend enquired they're still pushing the sale of this property (if a Morgage was taken out through them). Despite the fact they are supposed to submit all offers I'd be highly sceptical of this given all the lies that come out of their mouths. Hope I never have the misfortune of having to deal with them again

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Heidi Morgan
    PE2
    £600
    Heidi Morgan

I went to Connells with a specific criteria and budget for property rental and the service greatly surpassed expectations. After having dealt with other estate agents in Peterborough, I can honestly say that the staff at Connells are a cut above the rest. Heidi was the staff member involved in my lettings process, not only did she recognise the type of place I was looking for based on our first meeting and general conversation but she was also very friendly, accommodating and professional despite being the only one in the office dealing with lettings at the time. The first property she showed me turned out to be the one I chose.
    The only downfall I can think of is the high administration fees Connells has. For a reason that is fairly unclear to me they are substantially higher than the other estate agents I used in the area, though I will admit that the service was quick and easy so perhaps that accounts for some of it.
    Overall, my experience with Connells has been a very positive one, and would not hesitate to recommend their services to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS MENTIONED IN THE REVIEW, WHILST THE ADMINISTRATION SERVICES ARE QUICK AND EASY TO SORT, IN MY OPINION THE FEES WERE VERY HIGH.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

WV3
    £140000
    Jackie Whitton

Jackie Whitton at the Woverhampton branch of Connells was excellent in every respect and enabled the sale of this property to happen, in the first place, and to progress smoothly through to completion. She was an excellent communicator - always kept me informed accurately and promptly and liased perfectly between solicitors, Connells and myself. A very very competent lady on all fronts. If she and her team are handling your sale you are in good hands. I see from the feedback here that Connells as a whole rates very badly as an estate agent. I suggest to Connells that they engage Jackie Whitton as an advisor and consultant to policy, training and supporting other offices. I was a psychotherapist for 30 years and I do know a good communicator and effective human being when I see one. She is also a warm and genuinely friendly person. You have a gem there Connells.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (Abingdon) (Oxfordshire)
    OX1
    £290000
    Alun Graham

I have been happy with all the service from viewings to getting the keys. Whenever I called they were very helpful.

8. 1

Branch:
    11 High Street (Abingdon) (Oxfordshire)
    OX10
    Would you use the agent again? No

Do anything you can to avoid buying or selling through Connells. They are absolutely dreadful across the board. The staff are incompetent and made crucial errors, such as neglecting to instruct a solicitor even after I had completed the instruction form. Their staff consistently lied to me and were only ever out to serve their own interests., Now I've (finally) completed and am trying to complain they're making it incredibly difficult. It truly is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I will take this to the Ombudsman as soon as possible in the hope that no one else will have to suffer as I did. Please proceed with caution....

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Lee Cooke, Jackie Whitton
    WV11
    £437000
    Lee CookeJackie Whitton

We have learnt over the years not to jump in with two feet….. however, when Lee came to see us, we knew instantly that Connells were the best Estate Agent for us. They did not come up with the cheapest fee, but we are firm believers that you get what you pay for. They sold our home within 6 days of it going online.

Lee was very amiable and was happy to spend several hours with us going through the services that Connells offer. He didn't rush through anything and was more than happy to explain the process in great detail to us.

As well as Lee, the rest of his team – we... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Wote Street (Basingstoke) (Hampshire)
    RG21
    Would you use the agent again? No

This is by far the worst estate agent in UK (Basingstoke branch)! They never answer the phone, they don't call back, they sit on offers for days and do nothing with it. When you manage to speak to them it is impossible to have a sensible conversation as they will make it as difficult as possible for the customer to make an offer, I wonder if there is any interest behind it...they also push hard for their worthless packages as they want to make an extra �1k or as much as they can on their poor services and if you do not comply they fob you off....it doesn't surprise me as the office manager is the worst of the bunch. don't go anywhere near them!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    6 The Parade (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    Bee Raja
    WD18
    £140000
    Bee Raja

Thank you for selling my mothers flat. Unlike two of your competitors, who valued it at £122,000 and £125,000 respectively, you gave us a fair valuation and achieved a higher price than the other agents. At the outset and worked hard to achieve an equitable sale price which was fair to both parties.
    Thank you all for a professional job and the patience and courtesy you all showed from day one.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    Sp9
    £160000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Firstly my wife and i were selling our first bought property the agent oliver was brilliant and sold the house within 2 weeks for the full asking price even after it had fallen through once this was all still in a 2 week period so happy with that everything seemed to be going smooth right up until the end where the company started lying to us about when the sale was going to be completed and the money come through to our banks
    Because we were relocating there was a gap between our earnings and this wasnt a problem as we were told that the sale would complete on the 26th of june 2015 however... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE ALOT MORE THAN OTHERS BUT SEEMED TO BE OFFERING MORE FOR THE MONEY OLIVER WAS GREAT AVOID CHAWLEY HES A CONARTIST”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Be honest Explain everything Complete there job as its there job Keep in touch And not miss sell things deliberatley”

14. 1

A 5 -star review by ''

Wv4
    £125000
    Jackie Whitton

Thank you to Jackie who managed this mission impossible sale (or so it seemed most of the time) from start to completion, she progressed the sale efficiently and effectively against all odds at times and kept us informed every step of the way. If it hadn't been for jackies professionalism and tenacity we would still be awaiting completion. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    84 St Thomas Street (Weymouth) (Dorset)
    Dt4
    Would you use the agent again? No

Rude, repeatedly pushing mortgage on us even though already had one in place. For ever having to chase. Priced marked up too high. No customer care unless you use them for mortgage and conveyencing. Put us off buying from them. Would not recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    NN18
    £650
    Tia Thomas

Tia Thomas was excellent throughout in keeping us informed and offering good guidance. Connells managed to let our property on Day1 and handled all the subsequent lettings process very professionally. They gave us well-founded confidence that they knew what they were doing throughout - Many thanks!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit B11 North Swindon District Centre, Thamesdown Drive (Swindon) (Gloucestershire)
    Jack , Alex
    Sn2
    Jack Alex

Connells provided a valuation and gave the usual sales patter about their fees and why we should use them. When we were contacted and advised we had decided to use an alternative agent, I was asked if they could help with financial services and when I tried to explain that I would be porting my mortgage to the new property and it became apparent I was not going to proceed with them, the member of staff slammed the phone down. It's not surprising Estate Agents have the reputation they do when your first line customer contact leaves you with an experience like this. I would recommend avoiding Connells at all costs.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Hargate Way (Hampton Hargate) (Cambridgeshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Danielle Mahoney, Sandra Widomska
    £895
    Danielle MahoneySandra Widomska

Sandra and Danielle from Connells were extremely helpful and friendlier than a lot of other agents in Peterborough who I had dealt with around the same time. They went out of their way to sort our let out in the quickest way.

Comments on the Agents fees

“STILL A LOT OF FEES FOR RENTED PROPERTY BUT HAPPY WITH THE DISCOUNTS AND ALLOWANCES FOR OUR PROPERTY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

PE3
    £1000
    Corey Whelan

I'm writing this review based on the excellent help received during the process of getting this house by Corey Whelan. (The brand manager of Connells in Peterborough) Initially when we saw the house and went to the office to show our interest however the house had already gone, but Corey ensured that he would find us a good home and make sure we were one of the first to hear it; he did fulfil his promises. Working with him has definitely been a pleasure, he has supported and given us a lot of information that has helped the process that much easier. He is such a good manager, that has exceeded our expectations, and should get a lot of praise for his hard work. The way he presented himself encouraged us to want the house more, it's hard to find good people like him and that's why I think his efforts need to be certainly commended. He is friendly and very enthusiastic. He deserves more than five (5) stars

20. 1

A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Lee Cooke
    wv13
    Lee Cooke

We asked Lee to come out and value our property to establish whether or not it would be financially possible for us to put our house on the market. We have been advertising with Dixons since January and have not been happy with the service and help that we have received. Lee sat down and took his time to explain the overall figures needed for a deposit, he didn't gloss over anything and let us ask questions instead of talking over us and confusing us with numbers like so many other agents do. He has helped us to realise what we exactly want to achieve in our situation and how we can get the price we want and still come out with no debt.

“N/A”

21. View All Comments (1)by Connells Director  30/06/2015

Thank you so very much for your kind comments, my team and I really do care about helping our customers starting with guidance and honesty, selling a home is a huge commitment and its important your agent is there for you.
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    NN18
    Tia Thomas

What I started as a general enquiry was quickly turned into an occupied house within days!Tia got time to view the property the same day I made the enquiry and within days Connells had found a Tenant in an extremely hassle free process.

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    72/74 Station Road Yate (Yate) (Bristol) (South Gloucestershire)
    They arranged our mortgage
    Bs37
    Would you use the agent again? No

Inexperienced incompetent has no knowledge what so ever has been working on several mortgages of mine and still and still hasn't managed to find an appropriate product or company knowing what the criteria is. I wouldnt recommend her to anybody. Also the staff get all ignorant and uptight when you make a complaint about them...

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

PE1
    £475
    Corey Whelan

I would definitely recommend dealing with Connells if you are a prospective tennant. Thoroughly friendly and courteous staff. Couldn't do enough for you. Any and all questions asked were answered quickly. 5 star service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    62 Hargate Way (Hampton Hargate) (Cambridgeshire)
    Danielle Mahoney
    pe7
    £895
    Danielle Mahoney

The staff at Connells were very helpful when dealing with our requests, we needed a speedy process as I was starting a new job and wanted to be in the property as soon as possible, they went the distance to make sure this was possible.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8-10 Leicester Road (Blaby) (Leicestershire)
    Le8
    £595
    Tracey Pallett

I found Tracey to be very helpfull and professional from the start she kept me informed of how the application was coming along and was always there to answer any questions I may have had.
    It made the whole process very easy and relaxed.
    I will be recommending Connells to my friends and family In the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8-10 Leicester Road (Blaby) (Leicestershire)
    le8
    Tracey Pallett

I've dealt with Tracey Pallett previously and was very impressed so returned to Connells for them to manage my 2nd property let.
    As before Tracey provided an excellent pro active service and secured a tenant I am very pleased with.
    She responds quickly and deals with my queries efficiently and professionally and always with a 'no problem' attitude which is always hard to find with my past experience with agents.

I will continue to recommend and use her services in the future for my upcoming projects.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE BASED ON TH ELEVEL OF SERVICE PROVIDED AND TIME SPENT ON TH ECASE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

£825
    Corey Whelan

As this was my first time renting a house out I don't think I could have chosen better than Corey and the Connells team!

Everything was made very easy for me. With very good communication from Corey. I had several questions about the process and other general questions that Corey dealt with easily and confidently.

It's now been a couple of months since I've had tenants in the property and I'm happy to say there have been no problems. The couple of maintenance issues that I've had with the property have been dealt with quickly by the Connells team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1/3 Stoke Lane Westbury-On-Trym (Westbury on Trym) (Bristol) (City of Bristol)
    BS9
    Would you use the agent again? No

I'm afraid the agent are dependant on their legal team with a mission to get the most out of their clients. We marketed a property with them and were so unhappy with their communication. We left them to another excellent agent. we sold the property with the new agency. The buyer did make an offer at some point via connells but was ridiculously low, so we rejected it. he appeared a few months later to the new agency and was convinced by the talented agents to put the price up which we accepted. Connells a year later are still chasing us for fees of introducing the buyer. Seems like we are funding them as they couldn't do the job! they never tried to convince the buyer to put the price up. Never ever to be used again! a headache agency. They managed to make the process so painful.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Respect their client and accept their failure in selling the property rather than chasing for money whilst they can to get anything from their client. Awful experience.”

31. 1

Branch:
    38 New Union Street (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    CV3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Really poor service from this agent when I tried to sell my property with them. It took them 3 weeks to arrange first viewing. Then nothing happened for another 3 weeks. I asked my mate to give them a call and ask to arrange viewing as I was being confused by high amount of online hits my property was getting. They offered him mortgage advisor appointment instead and when he declined, they said they're too busy to organise viewing that day and broke conversation in seconds. Never called me or my mate back. I served them a notice (their standard term is 20 weeks so watch out). They organised 3... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVERPRICED FOR WHAT YOU'RE GETTING BACK.”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Won't change my mind. My review is based on true facts and reflects service level provided by agent.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Corey Whelan, Danielle Mahoney
    £575
    Corey WhelanDanielle Mahoney

We have been using Connells since February 2015 for numerous lets in Hampton Vale. We've mainly dealt with Corey & Danielle. They have always been professional, provided a fantastic level of customer service & always strive to meet any requests we have. We've found they are willing to go that extra mile which really makes the difference & helps them stand out against their competitors.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    182 Station Road (Harrow) (Greater London)
    Buying agent
    Chris
    Ha3
    Chris

NEVER USE THEM!!!!

Last Monday we got a letter from Connells saying your offer has been accepted and you can start the mortgage procedure. Only to find out today from the owners that they have accepted another cash buyers offer. On other side myself and husband has paid for the surveys and done our mortgage application form.
    The agents didn't have curtesy to call us about the second offer or even apologies for our lose. To summerise Connells is operated by incompetent staff hiding behind the franchise brand name.

I would not recommend it to my worst enemy

Page: