Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation

Connells

Agent rating: 2.1 out of 5.0 based on 246 ratings. This website contains 244 user reviews of Connells.

Offices / Branches

• 68 recommend
  • 178 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

One of the largest and most successful estate agency groups in the country with a network of over 150 branches throughout the Home Counties, South, West Country, Midlands and East Anglia.

Connells has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Connells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 27-Mar-2015 16:23:05

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Julie , sadie Bromley
    LE8
    £500
    Julie sadie Bromley

Connells look after our two bedroom flat and we have been very happy with their service. Sadie, Natasha & Julie have been very helpful from day 1 and have ensured that any maintenance issues that have arisen have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. Communication is excellent and we feel comfortable leaving the management of our property in their capable hands.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

sue , the lad in sales
    le18
    sue the lad in sales

a tale of 2 sides
    firstly lettings who are helpful smiling professional staff
    sales who seem to make it there daily challenge to be rude , ignorant & unhelpful esp the likes of sue & the ic2 who seem to think its there god given right to be rude and then complain, clearly her manager has no idea of what her staff are doing.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 1 -star review by ''

sue
    le18
    £250
    sue

a tale of two halves
    firstly lettings who are smiling happy helpful professional staff
    second sales who see to think its their god given right to be rude ignorant unhelpful unprofessional whilst complaining if they have to do the simplest of tasks like answering the fecking phone , really if you want to talk to someone in sales try the other agents on the high street
    its a shame the nhs is in such a bad state as we could request this woman's head be removed from her rectum or just replaced with something more intelligent like a spud
    another manager who doesn't know what its staff are like when talking to customers
    anyway went with Knightsbridge opposite who I would recommend and only 20ft away

Comments on the Agents fees

“CHEAPER ELSE WHERE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“cheaper else where within walking distance”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Le18
    £735
    sadie Bromley

Very professional throughout the tenancy process, willing to answer any questions we had on the property. Friendly service throughout branch

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

£595
    sadie Bromley

Both Sadie and Natasha were welcoming, friendly, polite, caring, professional and extremely helpful in my search for a property to rent. They provided lots of good advice and were always willing to listen and help.
    Natasha was very knowledgeable re the deposit scheme, and offered her assistance regarding my previous landlord and recovery of my deposit.
    I really appreciated their expertise, and excellent customer service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Christi Collins
    RG27
    £950
    Christi Collins

I cannot reccomend Christi at Conells enough after helping us through a particuarly complicated let due to the failings of our previous agency. Christi went above and beyond to help and was always just at the end of the phone. After having such bad experiences with other letting agents in Basingstoke it was really nice to recieve such friendly customer service and we are truly greatfull for Christi's help in getting us into our lovely new home.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE SLIGHTLY MORE THAN OTHER AGENTS BUT WE DIDNT CHECK THIS UP FRONT AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AS SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER AGENTS WITH CHEAPER INITIAL FEES THAT IT WAS WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  7. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45 Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Connells dealt with selling my mothers property in Hemel Hempstead it was a probate sale so it really was a sensitive. I was so impressed with how professional they were during the whole process. We have a large family and they did a great job in updating all of us on the progress. They sold the property for a price we were all happy with.
    Would highly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Le8
    £525
    sadie Bromley

I rented a property through Connells last month. Although Sadie was my main contact all staff were friendly and helpful when ever I contacted them. The transaction was managed quickly and professionally and I felt that my requirements were listened too and acted upon.

I would definitely recommend Connells and would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Thanks Sadie!

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THEIR FEES SEEMED QUITE A BIT HIGHER THAN OTHER LETTING AGENTS THEY DID PRICE MATCH FOR ME AS THE PROPERTY WAS BEING MARKETED BY TWO COMPANIES. HAVING SAID THAT, THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT SO PERHAPS YOU GET WHAT YOU LAY FOR!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£590
    sadie Bromley

Thank you Sadie for your excellent service and support in quickly letting out our property with a great standard and lasting impression. Very friendly, efficient and professional member of staff with patience and the willigness to assist through out. A pleasure doing business with you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45 Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    Carl Wood
    WD4
    £420000
    Carl Wood

Excellent from start to finish. Found us the perfect property and was dealt with the offer and clarification very professionally. There were a couple of issue's while the sale progressed and Carl assisted and communicated to both ourselves and the owners throughout what was a awkward purchase. Without this and with a different agent involved I believe our purchase may well not have completed. Thank you to all the staff at Connells in Hemel Hempstead.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 4 -star review by ''

£950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were helped with every step of the way with the letting process. Any questions that we asked were answered and dealt with in a friendly and businesss like way. All the staff have been fantastic. I would highly recommend Connells to my family and friends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE AGENTS FEE\'S”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Le2
    sadie Bromley

Hi, I am very happy with the service I received from sadie, she has helped me a lot and she was very calm and polite towards myself and my husband. I felt very comfortable with her and she helped me with all the paper work, any help I needed I felt free to phone her at any time. She was always available to help me. I felt very secure, I am thankful to have had sadie to help. I would like to thank her very much and wish her the best of luck. She is a bright young girl with a lot of potential. Thank you so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£800
    sadie Bromley

It was wonderful experience as Sadie helped me so much for two months viewing different properties and calling me when something comes on the market as I am a bit picky ..she really did understand what I was looking for and helped me talking to the landlord to bargain a reduced rent for what he was asking. Natasha also made my second view on the property I applied for and sent me the agreement and helped over the phone a couple of times and both of them are very freindly and helped me through the finalisation of the contract .Connels have a great structure and business model which I appreciated and I will definitely recommend to my friends and acquaintances. Again both Sadie and Natasha were very helpful over the telephone whenever I needed help to understand anything.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    10 Charter Court (Corby) (Northamptonshire)
    Tia Thomas
    NN18
    £850
    Tia Thomas

Very professional at all times. The communication and attention to detail were excellent. Tia and her colleagues worked hard for us and the service they provided was second to none. They assured us of their ability to let our property and they delivered quickly and efficiently. We were new to property letting and Tia guided us every step of the way.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS BUT WORTH IT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

SAM DOWNS, TRACEY PALLETT
    LE8
    £675
    SAM DOWNSTRACEY PALLETT

Both Sam and Tracey were brilliant, this is the first time I have let a property they explained everything step by step and arranged all of the necessary safety checks. I was particularly nervous as this was my home and felt very attached to the property Sam assured me he would find a suitable tenant, and he did.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Sam
    le3
    £695
    Sam Unknown

After possible delays to the completion of our tenancy Sam went out of his way to ensure the deal went through, sorting out things after work hours at home and also accepting phone calls from ourselves. also keeping us informed with things and advising us when needed. This went on right to the signing over of the keys.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IS ANYONE EVER \'SATISFIED\' WITH ANY FEES? BUT THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND HAVE TO BE PAID!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Winchester House, Winchester Street (Andover) (Hampshire)
    Sp10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Pleasant team and very helpful even offered me coffee. They were deferent then the other agents in Andover. Thank you

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

tracey Pallett
    le8
    £675
    tracey Pallett

As an investor I have dealt with many agents before and have always had a relatively poor service hence why I switched to Connells.
    From day one Tracey was at all the appointments on time, very polite and extremely helpful.
    She was very pro active and kept me up to date without being prompted which is usually unheard of nowadays.

I am extremely impressed with the service received by Tracey and will certainly use her in the future.

Thanks very much!

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND THOROUGHLY DESERVED WILL CERTAINLY THINK ABOUT USING CONNELLS FULL RENTAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  20. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Watergate (Grantham) (Lincolnshire)
    Louise Stewart
    NG31
    £525
    Louise Stewart

I'd just like to thank Louise Stewart for all her help and guidance in renting out my properties in Grantham. Her professional attitude when dealing with difficult tenants or tradesman is greatly appreciated and she is always my first port of call when these issues arise. I know I can ask her anything and she will explain it in a clear and logical way. Due in part to her extensive knowledge and experience of the lettings world.
    Thanks Louise your help is much appreciated.

Best regards, Ashley

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Sam Downs, tracey Pallett
    LE9
    £595
    Sam Downstracey Pallett

We are landlords for the first time and Sam and Tracey guided us through all the pros and cons, making the process as easy as possible. There is so much to think of, especially when you are not sure of the correct way of doing things. Sam went the extra mile in securing our tenants when things didnt go to plan for either of us. He ensured that everything was carried out thoroughly to get the best results for us all. Thanks Sam.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE OBTAINED QUITE A FEW QUOTES AND CONNELLS WERE NOT THE MOST COMPETITIVE BY FAR BUT WE DECIDED TO PROCEED AS WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE SERVICE MIKE SHARP HAD GIVEN TO US WITH THE PURCHASE OF THIS PROPERTY. THIS WAS A VERY STRESSFUL TIME FOR US, NOT ONLY THE STRESS OF THE BUYING BUT ALSO PERSONAL PROBLEMS THAT HAD ARISEN AT THE TIME. MIKE WAS ALWAYS ON THE END OF THE PHONE OR CALLED US BACK WHENEVER WE NEEDED ADVISE EVEN WHEN WE CALLED INTO THE OFFICE WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. THANKS VERY MUCH MIKE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    8-10 Leicester Road (Blaby) (Leicestershire)
    Tracey , Sam
    £1125
    Tracey UnknownSam Unknown

The team at Connells Blaby have been great to deal with and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to rent in the area. Both Tracey and Sam have been responsive and helpful from the beginning and as tenants we are very happy with their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  24. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 Regent Street (Rugby) (Warwickshire)
    cv23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I've been recieving mail from this company since I bought my house (over 3 years ago). Basically they want to sell my house for me. Well, up until now the letters have been going in the bin. But after having to go to a royal mail sorting office to pay postage on a letter with no stamp to find it was more junk mail from these guys I was fuming! I mean, what company would expect you to use them to sell a house if they cant even manage to put a stamp on a letter! Any further mail is now going to be kept and used as proof of harassment.

“Not be incompetent.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Rg22
    £1795
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Fantastic customer service provided by Connells lettings. Have used a few agents in the town and it has taken me a while to find the right agent to manage my properties. Lettings team all very professional and know their stuff! A tenant was found for a large 5 bedroom property within 3 days, and moved in a week later, after having it sat empty with a competitor for 6 weeks! A+++

26. 3

RG22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Connells estate agents in Basingstoke. What a bunch of jokers. No, seriously, I have worked in the conveyancing industry for over a decade and I have never seen a bunch of more useless, incompetent and difficult to deal with

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  27. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    158 High Street (Harborne) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    B29
    £142000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

If you want an estate agent that fails to return calls and emails, that sends you the wrong house details to review and approve, that forgets to pass on offers, and that sells your personal details to other companies even when you've expressly told them not to, then Connell's is the estate agent for you! All of these things happened to me. The initial visit from the sales agent was very professional. As soon as I'd signed the contract the customer service was terrible.

Estate agents in general seem to be staffed by incompetents, but Connells takes the prize - of the four agents I've had extensive dealings with recently, they are by far the worst.

Comments on the Agents fees

“CONNELLS SEEM NO MORE OUTRAGEOUS THAN ANY OTHER ESTATE AGENT IN REGARDS TO FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Tindal Square (Chelmsford) (Essex)
    Lee Dillon
    cm1
    £375000
    Lee Dillon

I have dealt with many agents over my 20 or more years of buying and selling and Lee is, by far, the most competent agent I've dealt with. I liked the way he dealt with my offer (considering the vendor was a pain) he kept me updated throughout the whole process. When I sell (hopefully no too soon) he and Connells will be my number one choice.

Mr Stark

29. 4

RG2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Connells refused to tell me anything about a property they have For Sale in Cornish Drive, Basingstoke we are cash buyers and Connells insisted that they needed to get all my personal details (I suspect to sell on to 3rd parties without any interest in trying to sell a property..... What is their job I ask myself...... We have a portfolio of properties and I can confirm that we would never entertain using Connells for any property service, buying, selling, letting EVER. Very unprofessional

30. 2

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Stevenage) (Hertfordshire)
    SG1
    £230000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Really Wish we had not signed up with them!!

The first person we met made their service out to be the best thing ever, then from there it went downhill. First of all they forgot to set the property listing live on their system, so we lost the 1st week of marketing with them. Then the photographer took pictures which were no better than me using my phone - and even though we had not accepted the pictures they still proceeded to upload them and use them for the brochure. Then onto the 'Open House' which they advised us was the best way to go .. all during the week before it was due they... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“CONNELLS WENT FOR A FIXED FEE, BUT THE AGENT DID MENTION AT THE TIME OF SIGNING THAT IF THE PROPERTY SOLD FOR MORE THAN THE ASKING PRICE THEN THEY WOULD BE ENTITLED TO AN ADDITIONAL FEE. I LATER FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FORBIDDEN AS A PRACTICE IN THE GUIDELINES ISSUES BY THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMEN, A SCHEME WHICH CONNELLS IS SIGNED UP TO.”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Own the problem, deal with it professionally, maybe even make a small gesture to the buyer to reflect acknowledgement of the issues and stop being so high and mighty about the contract being for the introduction and not the level of service!”

31. 1
    person found this

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Chequer Street (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    Sarah Valentine, Doug Guerrier
    AL1
    £500000
    Sarah ValentineDoug Guerrier

Hi Sarah.

Just wanted to say a really big thank you to you and all the team for doing such an excellent job in selling our house. Jim and I really appreciate all the help and support you gave us, easing us through quite a stressful time.

Please pass on our thanks to all the staff there. We wish you all a very happy Christmas and healthy new year.

Kind regards.

Jill B

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST, NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE BUT CERTAINLY THE BEST VALUE”

32. 1
    person found this

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    19 High Street (Hitchin) (Hertfordshire)
    Paul B, Leanne Hitchin
    SG4
    £325000
    Paul BLeanne Hitchin

Very unprofessional. When they realised we are keen in buying the property they increased the property by £10,000 and started negotiating £2000-£2000. They have no dignity at all.

Page: