Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FREE Valuation

Connells

Agent rating: 2 out of 5.0 based on 232 ratings. This website contains 230 user reviews of Connells.

Offices / Branches

• 56 recommend
  • 176 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

One of the largest and most successful estate agency groups in the country with a network of over 150 branches throughout the Home Counties, South, West Country, Midlands and East Anglia.

Connells has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Connells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 05-Mar-2015 10:32:36

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 8)

1. A 5-star review by ''

SAM DOWNS, TRACEY PALLETT
    LE8
    £675
    SAM DOWNSTRACEY PALLETT

Both Sam and Tracey were brilliant, this is the first time I have let a property they explained everything step by step and arranged all of the necessary safety checks. I was particularly nervous as this was my home and felt very attached to the property Sam assured me he would find a suitable tenant, and he did.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Winchester House, Winchester Street (Andover) (Hampshire)
    Sp10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Pleasant team and very helpful even offered me coffee. They were deferent then the other agents in Andover. Thank you

3. A 5-star review by ''

Sam
    le3
    £695
    Sam Unknown

After possible delays to the completion of our tenancy Sam went out of his way to ensure the deal went through, sorting out things after work hours at home and also accepting phone calls from ourselves. also keeping us informed with things and advising us when needed. This went on right to the signing over of the keys.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IS ANYONE EVER \'SATISFIED\' WITH ANY FEES? BUT THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND HAVE TO BE PAID!”

4. A 5-star review by ''

tracey Pallett
    le8
    £675
    tracey Pallett

As an investor I have dealt with many agents before and have always had a relatively poor service hence why I switched to Connells.
    From day one Tracey was at all the appointments on time, very polite and extremely helpful.
    She was very pro active and kept me up to date without being prompted which is usually unheard of nowadays.

I am extremely impressed with the service received by Tracey and will certainly use her in the future.

Thanks very much!

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND THOROUGHLY DESERVED WILL CERTAINLY THINK ABOUT USING CONNELLS FULL RENTAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE”

5. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Watergate (Grantham) (Lincolnshire)
    Louise Stewart
    NG31
    £525
    Louise Stewart

I'd just like to thank Louise Stewart for all her help and guidance in renting out my properties in Grantham. Her professional attitude when dealing with difficult tenants or tradesman is greatly appreciated and she is always my first port of call when these issues arise. I know I can ask her anything and she will explain it in a clear and logical way. Due in part to her extensive knowledge and experience of the lettings world.
    Thanks Louise your help is much appreciated.

Best regards, Ashley

6. A 5-star review by ''

Sam Downs, tracey Pallett
    LE9
    £595
    Sam Downstracey Pallett

We are landlords for the first time and Sam and Tracey guided us through all the pros and cons, making the process as easy as possible. There is so much to think of, especially when you are not sure of the correct way of doing things. Sam went the extra mile in securing our tenants when things didnt go to plan for either of us. He ensured that everything was carried out thoroughly to get the best results for us all. Thanks Sam.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE OBTAINED QUITE A FEW QUOTES AND CONNELLS WERE NOT THE MOST COMPETITIVE BY FAR BUT WE DECIDED TO PROCEED AS WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE SERVICE MIKE SHARP HAD GIVEN TO US WITH THE PURCHASE OF THIS PROPERTY. THIS WAS A VERY STRESSFUL TIME FOR US, NOT ONLY THE STRESS OF THE BUYING BUT ALSO PERSONAL PROBLEMS THAT HAD ARISEN AT THE TIME. MIKE WAS ALWAYS ON THE END OF THE PHONE OR CALLED US BACK WHENEVER WE NEEDED ADVISE EVEN WHEN WE CALLED INTO THE OFFICE WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. THANKS VERY MUCH MIKE.”

7. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    8-10 Leicester Road (Blaby) (Leicestershire)
    Tracey , Sam
    LE2
    £1125
    Tracey UnknownSam Unknown

The team at Connells Blaby have been great to deal with and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to rent in the area. Both Tracey and Sam have been responsive and helpful from the beginning and as tenants we are very happy with their service.

8. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    25 Regent Street (Rugby) (Warwickshire)
    cv23
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I've been recieving mail from this company since I bought my house (over 3 years ago). Basically they want to sell my house for me. Well, up until now the letters have been going in the bin. But after having to go to a royal mail sorting office to pay postage on a letter with no stamp to find it was more junk mail from these guys I was fuming! I mean, what company would expect you to use them to sell a house if they cant even manage to put a stamp on a letter! Any further mail is now going to be kept and used as proof of harassment.

“Not be incompetent.”

9. A 5-star review by ''

Rg22
    £1795
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Fantastic customer service provided by Connells lettings. Have used a few agents in the town and it has taken me a while to find the right agent to manage my properties. Lettings team all very professional and know their stuff! A tenant was found for a large 5 bedroom property within 3 days, and moved in a week later, after having it sat empty with a competitor for 6 weeks! A+++

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 1-star review by ''

RG22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Connells estate agents in Basingstoke. What a bunch of jokers. No, seriously, I have worked in the conveyancing industry for over a decade and I have never seen a bunch of more useless, incompetent and difficult to deal with

1. A 2-star review by ''

Branch:
    158 High Street (Harborne) (Birmingham) (West Midlands)
    B29
    £142000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

If you want an estate agent that fails to return calls and emails, that sends you the wrong house details to review and approve, that forgets to pass on offers, and that sells your personal details to other companies even when you've expressly told them not to, then Connell's is the estate agent for you! All of these things happened to me. The initial visit from the sales agent was very professional. As soon as I'd signed the contract the customer service was terrible.

Estate agents in general seem to be staffed by incompetents, but Connells takes the prize - of the four agents I've had extensive dealings with recently, they are by far the worst.

Comments on the Agents fees

“CONNELLS SEEM NO MORE OUTRAGEOUS THAN ANY OTHER ESTATE AGENT IN REGARDS TO FEES.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Tindal Square (Chelmsford) (Essex)
    Lee Dillon
    cm1
    £375000
    Lee Dillon

I have dealt with many agents over my 20 or more years of buying and selling and Lee is, by far, the most competent agent I've dealt with. I liked the way he dealt with my offer (considering the vendor was a pain) he kept me updated throughout the whole process. When I sell (hopefully no too soon) he and Connells will be my number one choice.

Mr Stark

3. 2
    people found this

RG2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Connells refused to tell me anything about a property they have For Sale in Cornish Drive, Basingstoke we are cash buyers and Connells insisted that they needed to get all my personal details (I suspect to sell on to 3rd parties without any interest in trying to sell a property..... What is their job I ask myself...... We have a portfolio of properties and I can confirm that we would never entertain using Connells for any property service, buying, selling, letting EVER. Very unprofessional

4. 1

Branch:
    8 Market Place (Stevenage) (Hertfordshire)
    SG1
    £230000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Really Wish we had not signed up with them!!

The first person we met made their service out to be the best thing ever, then from there it went downhill. First of all they forgot to set the property listing live on their system, so we lost the 1st week of marketing with them. Then the photographer took pictures which were no better than me using my phone - and even though we had not accepted the pictures they still proceeded to upload them and use them for the brochure. Then onto the 'Open House' which they advised us was the best way to go .. all during the week before it was due they... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“CONNELLS WENT FOR A FIXED FEE, BUT THE AGENT DID MENTION AT THE TIME OF SIGNING THAT IF THE PROPERTY SOLD FOR MORE THAN THE ASKING PRICE THEN THEY WOULD BE ENTITLED TO AN ADDITIONAL FEE. I LATER FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FORBIDDEN AS A PRACTICE IN THE GUIDELINES ISSUES BY THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMEN, A SCHEME WHICH CONNELLS IS SIGNED UP TO.”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Own the problem, deal with it professionally, maybe even make a small gesture to the buyer to reflect acknowledgement of the issues and stop being so high and mighty about the contract being for the introduction and not the level of service!”

5. 1

A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Chequer Street (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    Sarah Valentine, Doug Guerrier
    AL1
    £500000
    Sarah ValentineDoug Guerrier

Hi Sarah.

Just wanted to say a really big thank you to you and all the team for doing such an excellent job in selling our house. Jim and I really appreciate all the help and support you gave us, easing us through quite a stressful time.

Please pass on our thanks to all the staff there. We wish you all a very happy Christmas and healthy new year.

Kind regards.

Jill B

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST, NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE BUT CERTAINLY THE BEST VALUE”

6. 1

A 2-star review by ''

Branch:
    19 High Street (Hitchin) (Hertfordshire)
    Paul B, Leanne Hitchin
    SG4
    £325000
    Paul BLeanne Hitchin

Very unprofessional. When they realised we are keen in buying the property they increased the property by £10,000 and started negotiating £2000-£2000. They have no dignity at all.

7. A 1-star review by ''

tq3
    £405
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Disgusting service. I was a new tenant connells the estate agents. They took 380 pound fee for reference s! Which they never did!! Flat I rented had no gas no electric and was flooded! Connells said not our problem contact the landlord. 3 weeks later landlord excepted Flat was inhabitable. 3 weeks of hell!!!

8. 1

Branch:
    1/3 Queen Victoria Road (High Wycombe) (Buckinghamshire)
    gari holden
    HP11
    gari holden

Gari Holden has to be the rudest agent we have ever come across. She was practically shouting on the telephone and was of no help in order to allow the sale to proceed / complete. Her total ignorance on how to deal with the general public is astounding and she should not be allowed to be a branch manager (which she relished in telling me!). She was rude about the other agent and also the solicitors, who she blamed for the hold up.
    Her behaviour was totally unprofessional. She has been ignoring the numerous calls from my Agent, and has been as unhelpful as possible.
    We had contacted her as... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (1)by Michael Pinckers  11/12/2014

I have dealt with Mrs Holden on numerous occasions and would trust no one else to sell my property. Her knowledge of the area and expertise when it comes to buying and selling property is second to none. I find your comments most confusing and to be honest rude. I cannot recommend her enough as an agent, although I have not dealt with her whilst at Connells, I have ALWAYS used her as my agent when buying and selling property. I find your comments offensive actually, how can you speak of someone like that that you barely know. I suggest you remove this post as Mrs Holden is a very fine estate agent. Merry Christmas
  10. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    22 Springhead (Wednesbury) (West Midlands)
    WS10
    £95000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Mis sold the premium service. Buyer beware despite being told that the fee would be refunded regardless of which legal company - no refund has been made. The contract you sign states one thing their sales team say another!

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DO”

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Been straight and told the truth and not lied”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    83 George Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    LU
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Useless & Incompetent. Staff do not reply to your e-mails until a week late. Response is extremely slow. I have multiple properties in Luton and Connells by far is the worse letting agency. I would recommend another agent who can atleast e-mail with a few hours unlike connells.

I would recommend to anyone who has a property to let, please do not go with Connells, you WILL be dissapointed. They just want your money and the staff are all young and when you dispute with them, they will not reply. I have already burnt my fingers with them and would NOT recommend them to anyone.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Get staff with knowledge and communication skills.”

1. A 1-star review by ''

B67
    £575
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been renting a property through connells for just over a year and I have never been so disgusted with the lack of service I have received. Time and again my land lady has refused to carry out repairs on the bathroom. My shower has not worked for 8months but connells have ignored my phonecalls and emails and have stated they cannot make my land lady pay for repairs. We had water leaking through the kitchen ceiling last month and the problem has still not been fixed. I will never rent through connells again. No one is willing to take responsibility for any problems or issues you get ignored or told to speak to someone else.They are more than happy to take your money every month but not willing to help when you have a problem.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXPENSIVE FEES WHICH I THOUGHT MEANT THEY WERE A COMPANY WORTH RENTING WITH BECAUSE THEY SEEMED THOUGH BUT THEY DON\'T DO ANYTHING THEMSELVES THEY HIRE OTHER COMPANIES TO DO INVENTORIES WHICH HAD TO BE RELEASED WRITTEN BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CARRIED OUT PROPERLY.”

2. 1

A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    6 The Parade (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    Tony Wood
    wd19
    £299000
    Tony Wood

very enthusiastic through the whole sale,always tried to help us in any of our queries,he got the price we needed for our property,found lots of people to view our property,and ensured we had the right buyer and that they were legitimate.thankyou for all your help would recommend to any of our friends who decide to move from watford

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    19 High Street North (Dunstable) (Bedfordshire)
    LU6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have never encountered such a horrendous level of service. ..they should genuinely be closed down for bad practice.
    I made several requests to view the above property (repossession) and my requests was constantly met with objection. A few days later a notification was on rightmove. I contacted connells again to view the property despite stipulating that I was a cash buyer. I emailed connells an offer and asked them to contact me...they failed to make contact. I emailed the office and asked the branch manager to contact me. ..again he failed to do so. I did a search with Land registry... (read more)

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Go on a training course and learn how to stop playing at being an estate agent and learn how to be a professional estate agent...what a disgrace.”

4. 2
    people found this

Rg22
    £895
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Connells letting agency in basingstoke is inadequate as they have failing customer service. Very disorganised department with poor attitude to help customers.
    atrocious communications skills. Avoid basingstoke connells letting.

5. 1

Branch:
    3 Moatfield Farm, (Kingsnorth) (Ashford) (Kent)
    TN23
    £240000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Avoid this branch at all costs..... I have never come across such an incompetent bunch. They never respond to messages left, they deny any knowledge of having received messages, when you do manage to speak to one of them they fail to act upon any request. They have built in continuous delays throughout the process, both for us and the other parties in the chain. They are truly appalling. I too found myself caught up in a Shoosmith saga, with the same issues as 'Derek' and can confirm they are as incompetent as Connells. I agree with 'Derek' - if you can buy a property from a different local estate agent then do so, you will save yourself a whole lot of frustration, anger and upset - not to mention money.....
    They are seriously shocking and absolutely fit the negative stereotype of estate agents. They are completely unprofessional.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Learn to effectively and professionally manage, communicate, deal with customers, act with honesty and integrity and just do your job........”

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Montagu Street ( ) (Kettering) (Northamptonshire)
    NN16
    £212000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having lived in the South East of England all my life it was going to be a daunting experience to move to an unknown area. Having called into the store to see what was available in the area to meet our requirements we received a very warm welcome and knowledgeable agent whom we dealt with for the duration of the purchase of the property. Our agent not only arranged for viewing to suit our availability but was able to provide information of the area including restaurants. They also acted as go between when keys weren't present in the house and forwarding mail to the seller.

This provided us with an excellent and smooth experience which otherwise may have caused anxiety and would like to say a very big thank you to all the staff in Kettering. We would certainly recommend this team to others.

7. 1

Branch:
    32 Mannamead Road (Mutley Plain) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    PL4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

On first viewing the property I knew this was the flat I was looking for, so right then my partner and I paid the referencing fees for him and myself and then the tenancy agreement fee. We were then told to pick a day to move, the date happened to be over a week ago. A day before we were due to move, we were all packed we were told that we would need two guarantors, one for each of us. So we provided these guarantors and then we were told we would be in the property within 5 days. I phoned Connells this morning to confirm that everything had gone well and that we would be able to move... (read more)

8. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Montagu Street ( ) (Kettering) (Northamptonshire)
    Russell
    NN16
    £515000
    Russell Unknown

We recentley brought a property in Kettering through Connells. Have to say that Russell was always
    very helpful when approached and always available for viewings, spending as much time as was
    needed for each visit. Thanks Russell for making our move less stressful.

9. A 2-star review by ''

bs10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I dealt with Connells, Filton (Bristol) when looking for my first house. At first Simon was very friendly and helpful. But as soon as we mentioned our deposit amount, his eyes lit up and he started trying to hype up the property, and say amounts offers have already been offered (which they're not supposed to).

After this we put in an offer, and they were quite uninterested saying we've had higher, we kept rising it until we got to our max. We didn't hear from them after that, when they had said they'd let us know the next day. To this day they didn't have the decency to tell us it was clearly rejected. Very unprofessional and rude to be honest. They just used us to push the price up for a higher commission. Will try to avoid them in future.

What could Connells do to change your mind??

“Maybe I\'d feel better about it if they called up and profusely apologised for their lack of communication and had a very good excuse. Help us get a good deal on a house without being all about their own wages!!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Chequer Street (St Albans) (Hertfordshire)
    Doug Guerrier, Tom
    No postcode selected.
    Doug GuerrierTom Unknown

Selling up and moving home is an incredibly exhausting and emotional time for any family. With a million things to plan and consider all you want is a quick, hassle free sale.

The Connells Team came along and were incredibly friendly, efficient, knowledgeable of the industry and took charge of the situation… They delivered on all their promises with minimal fuss and in super quick time.

I would like to personally thank Doug, Tom and Sarah who were always on hand when I needed them and took much of the stress out of the whole process.

As such, I am more than happy to recommend their services.

Page: