FREE Valuation

Butters John Bee

Agent rating: 1.7 out of 5.0 based on 11 ratings. This website contains 11 user reviews of Butters John Bee.

• Butters John Bee has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Butters John Bee, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 9 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

A description of Butters John Bee is currently unavailable.

Page last updated on: 04-Sep-2015 11:46:41

Customer Reviews

1. 1

Branch:
    19 The Square (Sandbach) (Crewe) (Cheshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    cw11
    £950
    Would you use the agent again? No

Looking for a family home to rent long term in Sandbach.
    Went to view a detached house, looking great...until we went into the garden. HUGE Koi carp pond that was waist height possibly 20ft x 15ft wide and very deep. Took over almost a third of the garden. No mention of it at all in details, not on pictures of garden (smallpond was mentioned).

Poor communication, never returned calls or emails, had to chase over and over again. Owner was a lovely chap and also had house up for sale. Felt very sorry for him as he clearly was getting a very poor service from them.

2. 3

Branch:
    19 The Square (Sandbach) (Crewe) (Cheshire)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    cw2
    Would you use the agent again? No

The worst I have come across in a very long time. Having made an offer on a property they subsequently started to send me other options to buy. That is the most disloyal and dirty trick I have seen and shows a complete disregard of client loyalty.
    Just getting to see a property on their books was hard enough, as if I was doing them a favour. I would avoid this agent at all costs either buying or selling.

What could Butters John Bee do to change your mind??

“Nothing, will not go anywhere near them.”

3. 1

Branch:
    49 Picadilly (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    TF1
    £700
    Would you use the agent again? No

Quite possibly the worst letting agent I've ever had to deal with. Their communication skills are awful, quite often when you call you can't get through to who you want to speak to and after leaving messages for days you are lucky if you get an email response, which is ridiculous. If I call, it's because I want to speak to you. They don't seem to understand that they are there to provide a service.

When you do get to speak to someone they are usually massively unhelpful and sometimes rude, often taking well over a week to respond to you, or get a problem resolved at the premises.

The fee's charged are ridiculous, especially when you consider the bad service. I can't imagine that either landlord or tenant is getting value for their money.

4. 1

Branch:
    49 Picadilly (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    ST7
    £795
    Would you use the agent again? No

Basic communication was exceptionally poor. Member of staff on holiday for a week, resulting in nothing being done for that week, but not being told this. Frustration at staff lack of commitment to ask simple questions or communicate with customers. Overlooking basic tasks, resulting in myself, the customer wasting £340 on financial checks to a company that hasn't got a clue what they are supposed to be doing. Overall, I am more than disappointed, like many others with the same experience, I am disgusted with how they can basically treat customers as cash cows. I will never ever use this company again, they are a complete waste of space. It's been stress stress stress all the way. Other companies charge for ONE individual on checks, not on ALL of the occupants, it's daylight robbery and should be regulated.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SEE ABOVE, UNDER DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!”

What could Butters John Bee do to change your mind??

“Get another job, probably in a supermarket warehouse, away from people.”

5. 1

Branch:
    75 The Strand, Longton (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    St3
    Sold Price
    £89000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Booked a viewing of a property today (Friday 28th November 2015) at 13.45. We waited outside the property for the agent to arrive and let us in for a viewing. We waited 5 minutes before calling the Longton office to see where they were. BJB office staff said they had made a mistake with the time and they had it down for 13.30. The agent had been and gone, and despite the office literally being 6 minutes away (checked that on google maps).... They refused to come out for the viewing! They said we would have to wait till THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY before we could have our viewing!

Disgraceful and dishonest service and I hope the seller realises their complete lack of concern for prospective buyers. Do not use this agency!

What could Butters John Bee do to change your mind??

“Turn up and actually care!”

6. 2

Branch:
    Warner Street (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Surveys
    cw3
    Sold Price
    £200000
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was called as the purchaser of a property for access of the property I was purchasing???!!!??!! BJB had assured my mortgage agent the valuation had been carried out and called me a week later for access to the property I was trying to buy. BJB alleged that they had called the vendors agent to gain access the property and claimed that the agent said they hadn't got a key - I called and could get a key, my mortgage agent called and could get a key but the 'professional' valuation company couldn't get a key. They then got snotty with me because I queried why they were calling me and then called my mortgage agent to threaten them with refusal of doing the valuation (yes they complained about a customer after they had failed) - adding another week to the process. BJB are un-professional, arrogant, ignorant and cannot, in my experience, cannot be trusted.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VALUATION FEE PAID FOR A MORTGAGE TO THE MORTGAGE COMPANY.”

7. 5

Would you use the agent again? No

There was never any feedback.

What could Butters John Bee do to change your mind??

“The levels of service with this company was appalling. There was no notice as to when viewing were to take place as we asked for 24 hours notice, we live in the property so needed to tidy up plus I work nights. There was never any feedback. The only times we had contact with this joke of a company was when we rang them. The staff couldnt careless, never apologised and lied about contacting us. If someone cancelled a viewing we were not told. We understand that people cancel so a 2 minute phone call would have been nice. I would not recommend this company to anyone despite what the very good salesman says.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

As a prospective buyer looking in an area new to me I especially valued the professionalism of the staff of the Nantwich branch of Butters John Bee, and their invaluable help in finding the area and the property that best suited my requirements. They were invariably friendly and hugely supportive, giving me confidence throughout my search and beyond. The property details they sent to me via email were carefully selected, and the details themselves were always clear and literate (other agents please take note). There were several occasions during my dealings with this agent where the staff of the Nantwich branch went out of their way ('went the extra mile') to help me find the home that suits all my requirements, and I was delighted when it was one of this agent's properties that turned out to be 'the one'. Moreover, they seemed to have a much more attractive range of properties than other Nantwich agents - which may reflect the fact that they have an excellent reputation locally. The most professional agents (and certainly the friendliest) I have ever dealt with.

9. View All Comments (1)by ThinkCarefully  20/01/2013

I have always found BJB sales/estate agent staff most pleasant, professional and productive. 5 stars. However, I share the views of former BJB tenants here. Unprofessional and unpleasant. Whether you are a landlord or tenant, choose someone else. BJB lettings 1 star.
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

A professional agent, that actually knew what they were talking about. I had no problems with communication, and could have not asked for better !

11. 7

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Would you use the agent again? No

Here is a copy of a letter I sent to a local newspaper reporting on BJB...

I would like to express my dissatisfaction with a prominent local estate agency in Stoke on Trent.
    I want to share my experiences with the BBC as I feel many other residents of Stoke on Trent may have had similar poor experiences which you may or may not be aware of.

On the 20th August 2008 I was served an eviction order from the county bailiffs as the landlord of my rented property had failed to keep payments. I had 14 days to relocate and my original tenancy contract with BJB lettings was not due to end for... (read more)

12. View All Comments (1)by sjc  23/03/2010

That is ridiculous how can they keep your deposit for rents owed - you did not owe any rent as you had been evicted through no fault of your own. Take legal advice (might be free on your home insurance policy) you have been wronged and are owed that deposit money.
  13. How much is my property worth?

14. 6

Branch:
    75 The Strand, Longton (Stoke on Trent) (Staffordshire)
    Would you use the agent again? No

They seem to consider the client an encumberance and you only communicate with him when you are submitting accounts for fees.