Bushells
Bushells Estates Agents

Bushells

Agent rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 based on 409 ratings. This website contains 409 user reviews of Bushells.

• Bushells has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Bushells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 390 recommend
  • 19 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Bushells is one of the most respected London agents with offices across the capital. We are an innovative, professional and regulated company with a 'will do, can do' attitude and a focus on customer service. Directors are hands on and always happy to offer advice. We pride ourselves on our experienced team of managers who know their business and the areas in which the work. Now celebrating our 75th year of trading!

Page last updated on: 06-May-2015 05:12:22

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 14)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Tembi Ryan
    Tembi Ryan

Tembi Ryan acted as liason between myself and the existing Tenant regarding Contract renewal. Due to some changes regarding the Contract content, this was not a straight forward process and involved much diplomacy and patience on her part - not to mention a lot of her time.
    At all times, I was kept informed as negotiations became more difficult - both by mail and telephone to my location abroad.
    I cannot fault her professionalism and due to her, a satisfactory outcome was acheived for both parties concerned.
    This is why I have used Bushells for 11 years and will continue to do so.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

se15
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We saw four estate agents. Barring one, the initial meeting was positive with all. Honestly it was a toss-up between Bushells and one other. I guess instinct chose for me. Rachel Sweeney came to the house and was polite, professional and not pushy at all. She listened to what we wanted and explained the terms simply. My one concern was to be able to deal with one primary person in the agency I chose. I did not want to be passed around the staff. Rachel promised that and kept to her promise.

We knew we had a fairly decent flat with a freehold and good transport links etc. but were... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Cherie Hayles, Cherie Hayles
    £1075
    Cherie HaylesCherie Hayles

I used Bushells to find myself a flat in South East London. I approached them via an advert I saw on Zoopla, but following that they were in touch quickly to arrange (and subsequently rearrange) a viewing of that property. The process after deciding I wanted to take the flat was easy and painless. Largely in contact with Cherie Hayles who explained each step and made this simple for me (a first time tenant).

Would highly recommend them for the services outlined above.

4. 4
    people found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

£327500
    Stuart Balfre

Stuart and his team have been absolutely fantastic and managed to sell my property within 3 weeks - from the open day to the offer, exchange and completion ! Totally impressive and absolutely professional and supportive throughout ! I was totally amazed by the amount of viewings booked before the property even went 'live' on the internet - I had been let down my another agent but Stuart saved the day and I managed to move into my new home as originally planned. Thank you ! I will totally be recommending you !!

Twitter  Facebook

5. A 5 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong-Diffa, Nathan Read
    £1400
    Angelica Wong-DiffaNathan Read

Very professional in all aspects. Called back / contacted when they said they would. Kept me fully informed of progress. Offered assistance to arrange repairs and replacement of white goods. Would strongly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong-Diffa
    SW17
    £1400
    Angelica Wong-Diffa

Angelica was very helpful in terms of advising what would make my property more appealing. She was patient and supportive while the renovations were being done and then speedy in finding appropriate tenants and efficient with the paperwork. Overall, very impressed.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

£370000
    Luke Parleno photo
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Luke Parle was my main contact and he was always helpful and polite and kept me upto date on events.
    Peter and Jake were also very helpful and when brining prospective buyers considerate of my expectations.
    They always informed me if a prospective buy did not turn up.

8. 1

£620000
    Luke Parle

This agent is accurate with their valuations. Realistic and truthful with all aspects of this sale. Both friendly and efficient . I highly recommend Luke Parle. Probably the best agent I've worked with.

Comments on the Agents fees

“BEST AGENT I'VE DEALT WITH SERVICE AND FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£378000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Dealt with Luke and Jake who were both great at helping out with any questions we had and made the process as smooth as possible. Any question we had was answered promptly and as first time buyers this helped so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

SW17
    £16000000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Had a very easy home purchase which I was not expecting knowing that you can have a difficult time purchasing a home. Jake who met me at the property was always punctual and polite and swift to reply to any emails, Luke who oversaw the whole purchase and dealt with the vendor was again very helpful, on the ball and swift to respond by email or telephone. He smoothed over the one small glitch efficiently and was helpful.
    Both Luke and Jake always asked if there was anything else they could do and I felt they were very engaged in the whole process.

So now we are the owners of our first home thanks Luke and Jake and I am very grateful

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

sw23
    £955
    Ivette Szucs

From the moment we met Ivett Karman on a flat viewing she was looking after us in true professional manner. On the day of our viewing she arrived with nice brochure containing all information about the property. I found this very useful and during my flat hunt she was the only agent who provided this kind of information to us on the scene. It was a great first impression and my experience hasn't changed up until today where I am now writing this review sitting on the couch in our living room at our new place.
    Getting the rental agreement in place has been challenging due to some personal... (read more)

12. 1

Stuart Balfre, Daniel Cantle
    £336000
    Stuart BalfreDaniel Cantle
    Stuart BalfreDaniel Cantle

Both Stuart and Daniel demonstrated great positivity and passion for the sale of my property. The service I received was not only slick and professional but personable and friendly throughout. Stuart used a wide range of resources to get the quantity and quality of potential buyers interested, as well as liaising with other Bushells offices to increase the flow of potential purchasers. I was kept up to date with progress on a regular basis, great feedback was provided after every viewing and Stuart offered sound advice when crucial decisions were required. This approach combined with the hard work and constant support made the whole process a lot less stressful than it notoriously tends to be.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong
    sw16
    £250000
    Angelica Wong

I would like to highly recommend the services of Bushell's and in particular Angelica Wong.

Angelica is by and far the best letting agent I have dealt with in the last 12 years of renting out my flat in London. I reside in Australia and need the support and confidence in the letting team to make the right calls and to help with all the day to day running of the property. Great service and superb interactions with all of the Bushell's team. Thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£500000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Both Jake Fahey and Luke Parle were outstanding agents. They always made time to organise viewings even if these were incredibly last minute. They were always friendly and helpful, even post sale. Thanks so much guys- I am very happy in my new nome ;)

15. 1

£450000
    Stuart Balfre

After a very bad experience with RSK for a month I changed to Bushells. Stuart conducted the valuation which proved a lot more realistic and held my hand throughout the negotions with two prospective buyers. Within six weeks I had sold. After finding the buyers Stuart was available to answer all my questions and ready with advice and helped guide me through to exchange and completion.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 4 -star review by ''

Angelica Wong-Diffa, Nathan Read
    Angelica Wong-DiffaNathan Read

Amanda Wong Diffa was my first introduction to Bushells' letting service. She was helpful and informative. She also quickly and effectively organised the advertising and successful letting of the property. Her staff have been equally efficient. During the period of letting Nathan has been a very effective intermediary and organiser. If we were not selling the property we would be more than happy to continue to use Bushels and have no hesitation in recommending them to other landlords.

17. 1

Stuart Balfre

I was really pleased with all the team at Bushells and Stuart Balfre in particular who was overall in charge of the sale of my flat. I used Bushells because they had always found tenants for the flat while I owned it as a rental property and I had been impressed with their efficiency. When it came to selling the property Bushells handled everything extremely well, giving good advice, keeping me up to date with all the viewings, giving me feed back from all the prospective buyers and then when the flat was under offer they handled the whole exchange and completion process with my solicitor and the buyer's solicitor very professionally. I was very impressed by Stuart's friendly, polite and professional manner at all times. I really felt the team earned their fee!

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS I HAD USED BUSHELLS TO GET ME TENANTS FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS THEY CHARGED ME A REDUCED FEE WHEN I ASKED THEM TO SELL THE FLAT; THIS SEEMED VERY REASONABLE TO ME.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 3 -star review by ''

Ivette Szucs, Aleksandra Galla
    SW9
    £1250
    Ivette Szucsno photo
    Ivette SzucsAleksandra Galla

The process in my opinion is convoluted and over complicated.

I will admit straight away that my working situation was a bit difficult as I was moving jobs at the time of the flat search and this made getting references take longer than both parties would have liked.

The initial payment system failed twice before I managed to get it to go through for the deposit. On further inspection this was due to the phone number being wrongly captured from the form we filled in. It had one number too few and 1 incorrect digit.

After finally paying the fees, which are much higher than most other... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“RATHER EXPENSIVE WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM.”

What could Bushells do to change your mind??

“Rather expensive when you consider the lack of professionalism.”

19. View All Comments (2)by High Expectations  24/03/2015

This website has change what I wrote for, "What could Bushells do to change your mind?" I actually said, Clear up their convoluted process. Be more clear and professional in their comms. Not send my personal details to strangers without my permission.
  20. 1

Daniel Cantle, Stuart Balfre
    W3 8
    £360000
    Daniel CantleStuart Balfre
    Daniel CantleStuart Balfre

Daniel and Stuart were absolutely brilliant! They were so good at staying in touch and keeping me informed of all options and developments. I was so grateful that they were so patient with me and offered really good advice; in every way they seemed genuine and interested and I hugely appreciated the amount of time they spent explaining things and took efforts to make sure I was happy and understood the process. I couldn't recommend them highly enough; huge thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 1 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Jamal Joseph

Having tried to view a property with this agent, he has twice cancelled at short notice, without even bothering to ring to notify me. Terribly poor service from Bushells.

What could Bushells do to change your mind??

“Not cancelled bookings at short notice by email.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 4 -star review by ''

SW9
    Luke Parle

Friendly staff and not aggressive like some other Estate Agents (I will not mention their name(s). I Would definitely use Bushells again, to sell, buy or let a property. Overall a very positive experience from start to finish.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I UNDERSTAND THAT THE FEES ARE STANDARD AND COMPETITIVELY SPEAKING, WAS CHEAPER THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS IN SOUTH LONDON. HOWEVER WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF ONLINE ESTATE AGENTS, MAYBE HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENTS CAN REDUCE THEIR FEES, OR OFFER NEGOTIATION ON FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. A 1 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    £1300
    Would you use the agent again? No

Keep away from these people. They are fast in taking deposits but they cant process your references. They don't know how to deal with self employed people. They take deposits from you and find reasons to refuse your references!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIEFS... TOOK THE DEPOSIT AND ARE MAKNG EXCUSE IN GIVING REFUND!!!”

24. 1

No postcode selected.
    Stuart Balfre

Stuart was great and went the extra mile and helped us with things that he didn't have to. Very attentive, polite and professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

SW12
    Christopher Lloyd

We expressed an interest in a property we found on Zoopla. Chris called us back within no time at all and took all of our details. He quickly arranged a viewing for us, despite it being rather late in the day. He arrived at the property before us and was really helpful, answering all of our questions. We then decided to go ahead with renting the property and all subsequent calls/emails from him were polite and informative. He responded to our enquiries immediately and went out of his way to help us.

I would recommend using Bushells and would encourage you to ask to speak to Chris!

26. 1

Stuart Balfre, Ryan Burgess
    £185000
    Stuart BalfreRyan Burgess
    Stuart BalfreRyan Burgess

Stuart and Ryan at Bushells in Acton did a great job - they were quick and efficient getting the flat on the market, and generated lots of viewings very quickly. Once I had an offer Ryan kept the process moving along by checking in regularly with me and my solicitor. I do feel that the initial valuation they provided on the flat was over-optimistic, but I am satisfied with the final price I received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    178 King Street (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam
    W12
    £1260
    Sam

We've been pleasantly surprised by the service from bushels in finding this property. For many years the dealings with estate agents has been a necessary evil in the rental market and ever increasing fees, a lack of honesty and total disinterest after they have your money have been all too familiar experiences. On this occasion I actually feel like we've given a service and Sam making the effort to meet my girlfriend so she could take measurements at the flat prior to moving in was a typical example of this willingness to help. Please don't let this slip Bushels!

Comments on the Agents fees

“SORRY. I DON\'T THINK I\'LL EVER BE SATISFIED WITH TENANT FEES FOR RENTING PROPERTIES. THERE\'S ZERO VALUE TO THE TENENT. YOU\'RE BASICALLY PAYING THEM ON BEHALF OF THE LANDLORD AND I THINK THEY\'VE LARGELY BEEN DEVELOPED TO MAXIMISE AN AGENTS REVENUE FROM A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE WHO DON\'T HAVE A CHOICE. MUCH LIKE THE LUDICROUS FEES CHARGED TO LANDLORDS WHEN TENANTS EXTEND THEIR TENANCY.”

28. 1

No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Went to another estate agent first and soon realised i made a big mistake.! I then called Bushells Acton, who were happy to take me on board. They were extremely professional , helpful and always available when i needed advice. I have since recommended them to my neighbour.

29. 1

£365000
    Stuart Balfre

I am so pleased that I chose Bushells to sell my flat. Stuart and his team were entirely professional and more than helpful. I was kept completely up to date during the whole process - which only took three months from going on the market to completion - and any questions I had were always answered knowledgeably and promptly. Stuart, in particular, made the whole experience stress-free for me, and he really did go the extra mile...nothing was too much bother for him. I am very grateful to the team at Acton, and would definitely recommend them without hesitation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

SW11
    £640000
    Luke Parle

Luke sourced a buyer quickly and handled any issues with a high degree of professionalism and tact. I would highly recommend him.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

£495000
    Luke Parle

after initially making a wrong decision to sell my property with A.N Other agent, I reverted back to Bushells who had sold my previous property in Brixton. It was reassurning to know that Luke Parle is still active in supporting the vendors. Luke brings calmness to the many and various hurdles that occur during the process, which helped enormously.

I have now sold two properties with Bushells and always been satisfied.

32. 1

W3 8
    £560000
    Daniel Cantle

Very happy with Bushells, particularly with Daniel who made this sale go so smooth . Many thanks to him for hard work it was a pleasure working with Daniel.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Luke Parle, Peter Bale
    SW49
    £1375
    Luke ParlePeter Bale
    Luke ParlePeter Bale

Despite having five estate agents down the road, we followed the glowing reviews and went with Bushells. It was a happy choice. Luke Parle and Peter Bale have been outstanding in the service which they have given us. Our house went on the market on the Saturday and our buyer came to view the following Monday. By Thursday we had clinched the deal. At every point Luke has been there supporting and helping us. He gave us the names of three solicitors who he felt would give a good service so that we had a choice, and then when stamp duty was changed in the Autumn Statement, he speeded up the process of exchange of contracts by talking with our solicitor and getting everything completed satisfactorily. Luke has kept us informed of every aspect of our house move in the most helpful way possible. We can't imaging that anyone else could have matched the excellence of this service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LUKE EARNED HIS FEES FOR BUSHELLS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

sw2
    £490000
    Luke Parle

Luke went out of his way to make sure that my property was sold at a fair price to an appreciative buyer. All the supporting team were excellent and went the extra mile to make the transaction happen.

I highly recommend the Clapham branch for Bushells for anyone selling a property in the area

35. 2
    people found this

£340000
    Daniel Cantle

We worked with Daniel on the purchase of our first flat and I must say that he made the experience less stressful than perhaps it could have been. From our first meeting Daniel was polite and professional without putting too much pressure on us to make a decision. We encountered some minor difficulties during the due diligence process but Daniel handled the matter well, balancing the requirements of both the vendor and buyer in a sensitive manner. The aftercare has been good so far as well.,,.!