Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Blundells

Agent rating: 1.1 out of 5.0 based on 38 ratings. This website contains 37 user reviews of Blundells.

Filter Reviews

• 1 recommend
  • 37 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Description for Blundells not available.

Blundells has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Blundells, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 25-Nov-2014 20:44:35

1. A 1-star review by 'Shambles' 21/11/2014

S66
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have put rotherham moorgate as I actually deal with Bawtry Road, why am I not surprised that you haven't got this on your site? Another show of incompetence

I have been dealing with the branch manager who informed me on the 14th that monies from my tennant had been located and sent to accts (see below )
    . The tenant has sent through a copy of his receipt for rent which he paid in yesterday. I have sent this over to Accounts and asked them to allocate and send to you as soon as possible.

17th I sent an email as they obviously very busy to check it had been processed

This still... (read more)

2. A 2-star review by 'Gray' 12/11/2014

Branch:
    Unit C2 Peaks Square (Crystal Peaks) (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    S13
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

It is regrettable that I've signed a tenancy agreement with this agent. Arranged to move in at 9:45am today over 2 weeks ago. It's now 2:30pm and I'm sat in my old house with a hire van pointlessly sat on the drive. Blundells are unable to hand over the keys until a gas safety check has been carried out. Why was this not done prior to our moving in date? As if moving wasn't stressful enough. On the flip side they are very quick to chase up your references & take your money! Doubt I'll have access to my new home before dark. Going to be working well into the night to get moved. Not feeling confident about the 12 month agreement I signed at all.

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Compensate for the extra days van rental required due to not being able to present keys as scheduled.”

3. 1

A 1-star review by 'Kelsa' 20/10/2014

Branch:
    10 Dronfield Civic Centre (Dronfield) (Derbyshire)
    S18
    Upload a reviwer profile image

To advertise a renovated workshed as a one-bedroom farmhouse is scandalous. They state that it "is believed" to date from the early 1800s; the belief has not been tinged by the slightest research - all historical documents show it did not exist until c1872. And to state that a workshop for repairing equipment for the mines was a stable for the mine's shire horses is utterly untrue. As a previous owner who also headed up a local history project, I have presented Blundells with all the facts and relevant cross references and been ignored. Any company that plays that fast and loose with the information about one property I know could never be trusted to tell the truth about anything they sell.

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“1. Not ignore me 2. Check the information for truth and accuracy”

4. A 1-star review by 'Kim' 14/10/2014

S2 1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Blundells only care about ur money nothing else I rented a house with no smoke alarms wen I told them they did nothing about it wen I moved I cleaned all the house n they saying it needed cleaning I'll never in my life rent of these again worst agents ever n robbing gets do anything to get ur money the house i rented ad tiles blow off the roof cus of bad wind didn't do anything about it wen I lived there n now they've rented it out again still with no tiles

“Not lied”

5. A 1-star review by 'Rob' 1/10/2014

S10
    £850
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Where to start with this shambolic outfit? The only thing they actually manage is the removal of your money. I'm still waiting for my deposit to be discussed, let alone returned, because "the landlord hasn't responded yet"; it's been a month. We moved out after less than 6 months having never been able to access the back gardenby the side gate, due to sharp building debris, or have full use of more than half the garage because the garage was full of the landlord's clutter... broken electrical appliances, parts of various beds, filthy rugs etc. All requests to have them removed... (read more)

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“They could have been competent, courteous, helpful, polite, efficient, professional.... But they\'re incapable.”

6. A 1-star review by 'NAT' 9/9/2014

S6
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Renting a property with Blundells has been the most stressful experience of my life initially we were charges £490 for checks!! Then after them going back and forth adding more and more fees on I ended up paying £3000 to move into the property if i had not paid the chunk of money initially and gone through the stress to get in the property i would have walked away but we needed somewhere to live. I am now at the first renewal and Blundells have already asked us for £125 just to renew and over £900 for the first months rent!! i love the house and dont mentally think i can deal with going through all the stress again never mind the thought of moving. I wish i could pay the landlord direct. DO NOT USE BLUNDELLS CHECK THE FEES FIRST!

Comments on the Agents fees

“DISGUSTING - I HAVE NEVER PAID SO MUCH TO MOVE INTO A PROPERTY!!”

“FEES!!!!!”

7. A 1-star review by 'Diane and Peter' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    Adept House, 8 Morpeth Street (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    S20
    £695
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Blundells a trading arm of Countrywide Residential Lettings Ltd provided a ‘fully managed property service’ for us over the last 3 years, charging 10% of the rental for their services. We were led to believe that they would ensure our property (previously our home) was being well looked after by the tenants while we were out of the country, or at least advise us otherwise.

The property was always (according to Blundells) ‘well maintained and looked after’, but 3 years and 2 tenants later, we have had hundreds of pound’s worth of belongings stolen, and thousands of pounds worth... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RENT COLLECTION WE FEEL WE PAID BLUNDELLS £69 A MONTH TO OVERSEE THEFT, NEGLECT AND DETERIORATION TO OUR PROPERTY OVER A 3 YEAR PERIOD.”

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Our property managers should have been managing our property in accordance with the tenancy agreement. They should have ensured that \'the property was kept clean and well aired at all times\'. When it clearly wasn\'t they should have informed us and given us chance to end the tenancy. I know we all have personal standards on cleanliness, but Blundells tolerance of filth and grime is breathtaking. Perhaps sending the property managers on a course to spot the difference between a well maintained, and a neglected property”

8. A 1-star review by 'Danielle' 31/7/2014

S5
    £550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Disgusting attitude talks to people like they are rubbish. Ok with you aslong as they are getting money out of you but when they owe you money. Don't deal with them wish I had seen all the bad reviews before dealing with them

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'N47x' 8/7/2014

s11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Awful letting agent, I would never use this company ever again and would strongly urge no one else to either.
    I have just finished my letting contract with Blundells in Sheffield, and throughout the year they have been nothing but useless, how this company ever made it, is beyond me. There was numerous disputes over rent during the year, where it been paid, but there had been no communication between staff members at the Ecclesall branch, and this resulted in several phones calls, from different people, asking for the rent to be paid. This happened on many different occasions, regarding... (read more)

10. A 1-star review by 'SC MP' 30/6/2014

Amy Brown
    £425

Amy Brown

Landlords - please stay clear. Blundells' shocking advice has led to us losing thousands of pounds in unpaid rent, legal costs and damaged property after their agent Amy recommended two tenants who we now know have a string of debts, court orders and more recently police called to our property due to a dispute between them. They were very badly vetted by Blundells who did not care who moved in as long as they let the property. It took us 9 months to eventually see them legally evicted, and us realising it would have been cheaper and less stressful for us to have left it unlet for a whole... (read more)

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Replace the existing team, manage all processes, have internal sign off and train all staff members in tenant and property law. Care about their landlords. Be responsible. Be professional.”

1. 1

s10
    Sold Price
    £410000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Unusual selling practice. The property went onto sealed bids. The highest bid came after the deadline and was an "an acquantance" of one of the partners. There was a suspicion of arrogance "*" and certainly not in the clients' interest. Reading the reviews it still seems they are getting away with it.

3. A 1-star review by 'Bloggs' 5/6/2014

Buying agent
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolute rubbish agent snotty staff. Couldn't view property for 2 day then by time we were meant to it was sold. Useless "*" people will never deal with again and I advise no one else to either!

4. A 1-star review by 'Miffed' 4/6/2014

S9
    £475
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Blundells took over our letting agent and things couldn't be worse.

They claimed our contract would still remain but they just do what they want to do - or not as the case may be.

We have been charged for repairs and have invoices for work that has not been done.
    They do not keep us up to date with what's happening.
    They don't answer emails.
    They send in workmen charging top price for sub standard work.
    They can't add up.

I am a landlord working overseas and have to rely on my agent. I'll be dumping Blundells as soon as I can find a trustworthy replacement.

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“This agent needs to comply with their own policies. They need to be responsible for, and admit their errors. They need to do what they claim they\'ll do. They need to get proper workmen who\'ll stand behind their work. They need to take their dodgy contractors to task. They need to resolve issues in a timely manner.”

5. A 1-star review by 'siy' 29/5/2014

S20
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am currently letting a property of Blundell's and the tenancy agreement is due to run out in over a months time. I am very flexible when allowing potential new tenants view the house and can understand the landlord wants some new tenants to take over from myself. One of the lettings agents rang me and he said he had some people who would like to view the house at half one tomorrow. I told him I could not make this because I was at work but could do half four onwards or all day Saturday Sunday and Monday. he said they could only do half one. He said they have some spare keys and he could... (read more)

6. A 1-star review by 'Peters91' 29/4/2014

Branch:
    8 Fitzwilliam Street (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    , Sheffield Sheffield
    S3

Sheffield Sheffield

My experience started off fine (or so I thought), when I called and arranged a viewing for a flat in the Q4 apartment block. I explained when I was planning on moving in (early to mid- June) and what I was looking for. The man who showed me round seemed lovely and answered all my questions, recommending that I called first thing Monday morning once I'd been to the other two viewings I had booked over the weekend if I decided to rent the property. This was where the problems started. I called at 9:03 and was told by the woman who answered that she needed to swap onto a different... (read more)

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Could have kept me up to date/given me correct information rather than wasting my time”

7. A 1-star review by 'Lucy' 24/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

We fell in love with a property that was for sale with Blundells and so the problems began. First viewing we turned up at the property to no answer apparently they'd cancelled the viewing but forgot to ring us. Fortunately the second viewing was successful and we put in an offer on the property. The vendor was deliberating over two offers and instead of Blundells contacting us to recommend we increased our offer they decided not to ring us and allowed another couple's offer to be accepted. After complaining to Blundells that they had lost us the house we loved they then tried to convince the vendor to swap and accept our offer - how professional????

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Communicate honestly with customers”

8. 1

A 1-star review by 'starr19989' 18/1/2014

S7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Please NEVER use Blundells! They are extremely rude, disrespectful and in whole, USELESS! They allowed my landlord to enter my property unannounced, leave the place in a mess, pass the book when it came to dealing with repairs, and then hung up on me once i asked to complain about them. They left me with damp, broken white goods, damage that had been done prior to me moving in which i was initially told would be repaired by them was failed to be . I was told by the repair teams Sarah and that other stuck up woman there, that they'd ''prefer to speak to my upper class partner in the future as he speaks a lot better than myself'''. Honestly cannot stress enough how incompetent they all are! keep far, far away!

“none”

9. A 1-star review by 'vanitha' 24/10/2013

S1
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Money Eating XXXs!
    Rude Rudies!
    Customer Killing Service
    No Mannerism

Recently I called Blundells to view a property. They gave appointment on wednesday. That rude lady Hanna (never seen such a customer phone handler) took the call. i told her very clearly i cannot come on wednesday i cannot make any travel. That idiot woman said, all travel to sheff to see the property. That was very rude. Somehome I''ve managed to view the property. When I called for putting the interest. She said, another gentle man has done that. I couldn't know, any one can share such information like this. She... (read more)

10. A 1-star review by 'Sheffieldstar' 27/9/2013

Branch:
    8 Fitzwilliam Street (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    s1 4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Never has something frustrated me as much as the service I received from Blundells. When looking for a flat I tried to avoid Blundells as I had read previous reviews, however, the apartment I found looked amazing. I viewed the property with 2 other prospective tenants and felt like it was some kind of popularity contest. ( I am aware that this happens with property, but never felt it so visible) I was told I had to pay the full fee (over £1000) around an hour after I had viewed the property for the first time.

I discovered a few days after that the property I had signed for rent for a... (read more)

1. 4

A 1-star review by 'John' 26/9/2013

Branch:
    257-259 Crookes (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    s6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very very very frustrating to deal with. First of all they put massive pressure to use their terrible mortgage advisors who will only tell you about very limited quite poor deals which they can only be offering because they're getting paid to offer them.

Secondly they will lie to your face to get what they want out of you. We were told they'd confirmed in writing the fixtures/fittings being left and told us cooker, lights and curtains were being left. This was not true they told us it because they were trying to bid us up.

The worst though was that they contacted our mortgage lender up (who were nothing to do with them or their agent) and used our details to get past security and find out what our mortgage was. They then told this figure to the vendor and must have told them something along the lines of "you don't need to drop your price as they can afford to pay it".

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'Mr J' 6/8/2013

David Green
    S35

David Green

Turned up 20 mins late for a valuation appointment, offered no apology for lateness just greeted me as "oreyt pal" and when I challenged his lateness he shrugged his shoulders with a " so what" attitude, I told him I wasn't willing to give him my business so he just walked away laughing!!! Avoid at all costs. Despicable behaviour, rude and totally unprofessional.

3. 1

A 1-star review by 'John' 15/7/2013

Branch:
    2 Campo Lane (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    S10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Blundells frequently chose to ring our guarantors hours after contacting us looking for the next rent installment, even if they had rung during while we were at work. They were generally incompetent with any general property maintenance, ignored requests for recombination when a worker they employed accidently destroy some of our personal property and were extremely irritating in returning our deposits despite there admission we would have no deductions. Easily the worse letting agents we have had in our 5 years in Sheffield.

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Not been such insufferable arseholes.”

4. 2

A 1-star review by 'boombastic' 24/6/2013

Callum Someone, Middle aged BlondeWoman
    sw6

Callum SomeoneMiddle aged BlondeWoman

Terrible in every way! Don't give them your business.
    Been looking for a property to rent in sheffield for months now and unfortunately Blundells seem to have to best ones with the worst service! (not just the branch above but ALL Blundells branches) never had a good experience with them. Phoned them numerous times to arrange viewings when I was free so I could see the properties, NOT an option. they do group viewings in the middle of the day (maybe they think no one has work?!?! idiots) and of course you can't have an application without making the viewing. so it's tough luck if you... (read more)

5. 4

A 1-star review by 'Blundells are frauds' 9/10/2012

Blundells is a joke
    AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!
    I’ve read the other reviews on this site and agree with them all.
    When they were unable to sell our property we decided to rent it through them paying the highest tariff for the complete property management service. For clarity I will list the issues we had within the first year.
    1) Couldn’t read the utility meters correctly (we had photographic proof) then refused to help sort out the mess when we started to get billed for services we hadn’t used.
    2) Failed to carry out their ‘regular’ house inspections until we... (read more)

6. 4

A 1-star review by 'cheated customer' 27/8/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have had terrible experiances with Blundells.

I rented a house for £1000 per week, when we moved in the house was really dirty and i had to clean it all, except for an outside toilet as it was so disgusting i closed the door as i had no intentions of ever using it, during this time we had a flat roof leaking, which damaged the chairs to my dinning suite, they did repair the roof after about a month, over the last 6 months of the tenancy we started to get mould in 2 of the bathrooms, this was never sorted out, despite reporting it, the dishwasher broke and they sent people in to fix it... (read more)

7. 3

A 2-star review by 'remainanonymous' 24/8/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

The following is a list of weak points for the above letting agents:
    Complex contracts with many add on fees and difficult termination clauses. No proper copy of the contract given to us.
    Different departments which don't communicate well with each other - so you can be passed from one to the other.
    Aggressive staff.
    Poor response or zero response to our requests.
    We have had to arrange our own workmen for all eventualities as their workmen are ridiculously expensive and unreliable.
    Poor organisation of re-letting leading to long delays in re-letting. Jobs that are needed to be done (e.g. re-painting etc) have been poorly organised and not supervised properly.
    Do not use these agents - we will attempt to terminate our agreement with them at the first opportunity.

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“1. Have a single fee of 10% with no hidden add-on costs 2. Have a single person who you can be confident will deal with all your issues with regard to a property 3. Employ enough experienced staff so that the staff do have time to deal with your issues as they arise 4. Issue proper readable contracts”

8. 2

A 1-star review by 'Alison' 17/8/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

I am acting as a guarantor for a rental. The whole process was extremely stressful. The agents repeatedly lost the paperwork, apparently needed 3 separate pieces of identity in order to have a form of id with photograph address and national insurance number and finally are asking me to drive 30 miles to sign the rental agreement in front of somebody in the office and can offer no explanation of this except that it is their policy.The whole process has been more stressful and time consuming than if I had bought the flat myself. I will never act as a guarantor for this agent and am going to be extremely wary of another affiliated agent. If you are using them as a managing agent I would get some body else as you are losing good tenants because of inefficiency by the staff and ridiculous policies that do not give you any more security.

9. 4

A 1-star review by 'Matt' 27/7/2012

Michelle Checkley

Michelle Checkley

I am a landlord and Blundells are(supposedly) providing us with their "Fully managed" service. I have re-named it the "Fully ignored" service, they are beyond incompetent. In the short time we have had tenants in our house (less than a year) we have had the following problems:

Blundells called us to fix (among other things) a broken lightbulb (the tenants responsibility, not ours)

A damp problem developed (after we lived in the house for eight years with no problems). Blundells instructed a damp specialist who recommended a £1,000 extractor system installed in the... (read more)

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“What could the agent have done? Their job, that\'s all we asked (and paid for).”

10. 4

A 1-star review by 'snaaa' 19/6/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Very disappointing service. The woman arranging our viewings of the property was lovely, but every other aspect of this experience has been terrible. Just arranging the paperwork so we could move in was a nightmare, as Blundells staff seemed disorganised and very bad at keeping it contact with their customers. When this was eventually done, we moved in to find the cleaning we had requested and were assured had been done had not even been attempted. I have never had the displeasure of being in a dirtier house. When a representative eventually came to look at the problem (two weeks after it was reported), we were told nothing was wrong with the property except our suitcases being on the floor, and no action would be taken. When the illegal ceiling tiles were pointed out to them the problem was ignored. They have been exceptionally rude and have ignored any complaints about the property. Do NOT use this company.

What could Blundells do to change your mind??

“Be polite when dealing with customers, don\'t lie about work being carried out just to get a customer to sign a contract, respond to complaints instead of ignoring them, don\'t let houses that contain illegal fire hazards, don\'t let dirty houses.”

Page: