Browse agents by letter
Looking for a job in the property industry/ | allAgents Property Jobs

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 318 ratings. This website contains 307 user reviews of Black Katz.

Filter Reviews

• 67 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We are London's largest lettings-only agent. Our success is due to the simple fact that we treat every landlord and tenant as a person, not a number, each with their own individual needs.

Black Katz has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Black Katz, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 11)

Page last updated on: 23-Jul-2014 08:24:58

1. A 5-star review by 'Matt' 3/2/2012

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would recommend Calvin to anyone. Very helpful and he actually found properties we wanted to see - not just the usual full list, random places or a 'no'.

2. A 5-star review by 'Rob' 3/2/2012

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Calvin was an awesome lettings agent; lined up a viewing for us instantly. While we didn't go with this apartment, he offered us other options and kept in regular contact. He was friendly, professional and understood our needs.

3. 4

A 1-star review by 'Avoid at all costs' 3/2/2012

, Rachel Unknown
    Would you use the agent again? No

NEVER EVER USE BLACK KATZ!!! At first they give you a wonderful impression that they are there to look after your best interest and know exactly what you want etc. The minute you sign on the dotted line and they have you tied in they couldn't care who you are or what you want. They will rent you a flat that they pretend to of seen which is a lie, all staff in the Camden office are office bound apparently. They manage your property but have no idea what the property is actually like. A perfect example of their negligence is when we moved out. Now just to fill you in, the flat we moved in to... (read more)

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Grant Elliott' 23/1/2012

Alex Nunzi, Jay Shah
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service allround. Agent we dealt with was Alex - extremely helpful, efficient and friendly. He and Jay went out of their way to make sure we were fully informed in all areas of what is obviously quite a big decision. Was impressed with the quality of properties they were able to show us and their flexibility in terms of viewing times. Would have no hesitation in recommending Black Katz Hammersmith branch to family and friends

5. 3

A 1-star review by 'Mike V.' 10/1/2012

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Calvin Degun demonstrated great professionalism and perseverance in finding me a great place in London's Borough area. Calvin's and Black Katz's special personal service also made it a delight to do business with them. I give them two thumbs up for a job well done.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gaye' 4/1/2012

Adam
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Adam from the Hammersmith office Sheperds Bush Road helped me finding the right place to rent and I am very satisfied with him. He is professional and very helpful. Thank you very much Adam!!! I would definitely recommed you to my friends and family.

7. 5

A 1-star review by 'UnhappyCustomer' 20/12/2011

199B Westend Lane
    Would you use the agent again? No

Black Katz is horrible if you ever need anything of them! Their sales side is ok. But NEVER EVER need to get something from maintenance! Response times are atrocious (6-8 weeks is seen as normal). Their workmen are useless! One of them caused a water damage so it rained down from the ceiling. The ensuing "paint job" was a guy with a bucket of paint and a brush painting the wrong color over the stains. And in the process spilling paint on my stuff... Could go on forever. Useless bunch. Therefore I moved out. And now I am fighting for my overpaid rent. So if you are looking for an agency: Don't let the salesmans smile fool you! Behind his mask is a bunch of incompetent and unhelpful people.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (1)by ANDREW  02/01/2012

I am very sorry that you have had reason to complain. We work very hard at providing good customer service which is why we get so many good reviews. Please provide your property address details and we will look into the matters raised urgently and come back to you. Again my apologies. i look forward to hearing from you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Amanda and Pablo' 16/12/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were looking for a flat near Shepherd´s Bush and we were delighted with Peter´s professionalism and good manners. He was really helpful and gave us enough information to rent the flat in just 2 days!
    We would recommend Peter without any hesitation.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Brad' 15/12/2011

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Jay Shah
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Highly recommend Jay and the team at Hammersmith to any landlord who needs to find quality, professional tenants for their property. After trying for 10 days (unsuccessfully) to find suitable tenants myself, I called Jay and gave him control of the process. Within 2 hours he and his team of negotiators had shown the flat to prospective tenants and had a signed agreement and deposit put down. A seamless experience through and through. Thanks Black Katz.

11. 7

A 2-star review by 'Rhian Watts' 13/12/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Reading the reviews on this page and based upon my own experiences, I suspect Black Katz are excellent when everything goes right with a tenancy but as soon as you have any problems - everything falls apart. We moved into our tenancy at the beginning of August and have faced numerous problems, most of which we are still trying to resolve four months later. All those that have been resolved have either been because we have gone directly to the source (i.e. the council) ourselves or through constant chasing.

Below are a list of some of the issues we have faced/are still facing:

* Our... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  12. View All Comments (2)by andrew  13/12/2011

Rhian, I am sorry that you have had reason to complain. We work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many good reviews and in our Property Management Department recently reorganised the departmentt into Portfolio Managers to increase service levels. I want to be able to provide a full response but firstly need a report back from the department and will return shortly. Again, my apologies that you have needed to complain. Regards, Andrew Black

1. A 5-star review by 'Pablo' 11/12/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were delighted with an agent called Peter. His good manners and professionalism made our search for a flat much easier. We have had a greet experience with Black Katz and found a place in just two days.

2. A 4-star review by 'Linda C.' 2/12/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Peter was extremely nice on the phone when I first approached him to learn whether they had available flats. When I went into the office to meet them in person him and Jay, the manager, were very welcoming.
    They took us on two viewings of the property on the same day and were very professional and polite.

Overall Black Katz is the friendliest letting agency I have encountered in London.

3. 5

A 2-star review by 'Emma' 1/12/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

I have been very disappointed by the service (or lack of) provided by Black Katz. We moved into the property at the end of Augst this year. We discovered that an inventory had not been done when tennants left the property and one was done 1 month after we moved in. When we moved in there were two pieces of furniture that were broken and we asked to have removed, we heard nothing. The member of staff wjhen performing the inventory said some of the furniture was a health and safety hazard. Yet, 3 months on, we have still had NO RESPONSE for this problem. It has got to the point where we are contacting Black Katzx every day to cahse it up. I do not understand why the issue is taking so long, I can only imagine it is because they are doing nothing about it. It is a shame that a minor problem has become a major one.

Black Katz have responsded to some other problems, but only after a lot of chasing up.

Very disappointing.

What could Black Katz do to change your mind??

“be helpful and respond to queries.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  4. View All Comments (1)by ANDREW  05/12/2011

Emma, I am sorry that yopu have had reason to complain. if you can please suplly the address of the property I will do all I can to resolve. Again my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Andrew
  5. A 4-star review by 'AdamB' 22/11/2011

199B Westend Lane
    Jennifer Powell
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Black Katz showed leniency with certain aspects (i.e. when our old landlord refused to provide a reference) and were proactive with chasing the details they required.

Jennifer Powell (who coordinated our move) was always friendly and flexible. On the aspects of the contract we wished to discuss further, feedback from the landlord was swift and productive.

All round a good experience!

6. A 5-star review by 'Khadira' 21/11/2011

22 Baron Street
    Reuben
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just moved into my new flat and wanted to thank Reuben at Black Katz Islington branch for finding it for me so quickly. I had spent a long time looking for flats with other agents who fobbed me off saying nothing was available to meet my requirements, but when I went to Black Katz Reuben immediately took me to view two flats, the second of which being my perfect home, I was so happy! Thanks again, I will be recommending to others.

7. A 4-star review by 'Andy' 17/11/2011

Lauren Dean
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Found them really good! John from camden office met me on time and was really friendly and helpful. Explained everything well and put me at ease right away - great guy! Lauren from admin was great, had my paperwork sorted quickly and also really friendly. Overall no complaints!

8. 11

A 5-star review by 'Brad' 11/11/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Black Katz were fantastic in my property search. They were one of only a few agents that took the time to find out my needs, to follow up, and to proactively look for viewings.
    I dealt with this branch and their Hammersmith Branch and would seriously recommend either based on my experiences

9. A 5-star review by 'vicky Skiftou' 10/11/2011

John Curry
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking on behalf of a friend a property and john found a very nice one. It fits to exact requirements that i asked for.

10. A 5-star review by 'london1' 9/11/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently rented a flat through Black Katz and have been very satisfied with their service. I went to a lot of agents but Black Katz were the most responsive and helpful. The only thing that I thought they can improve on is their service when getting into the flat; to come in the flat with you when you first move to show you a few basic things (e.g. how the heating, rubbish etc works).

But overall I was very satisfied and I would definitely recommend them as it is indeed hard to find good letting agents in London.

11. A 5-star review by 'Nerea' 7/11/2011

John Curry
    Would you use the agent again? No

We spent weeks trying to find an apartment in Camden Town and it wasn’t until we went to Black Katz that we found it.
    Our agent, John, was very helpful from the beginning. He knew exactly what we were looking for, and called us as soon as apartments with our requirements were on the market. After only three days from the initial contact, we found the perfect apartment for us!
    The service was excellent and John was always very friendly and professional.
    I would highly recommend Black Katz to anyone and I would of course use their service again next year.

1. A 5-star review by 'the funny one' 6/11/2011

22 Baron Street
    Tony Illi, William
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi i just thought i'd let you know that i have used this agent twice in the last 12 months and i am very happy with there service overall. I know pop by the office to just say hi. They have on both occasions found me a property that suites exactly what i am after within budget and the main importance for me is the location as i work in the city and my work day seems to never end.

I highly recommend the team if you are looking for a friendly efficient service.

The team including Tony Illi and Willaim are a great bunch and are always welcoming.

2. A 5-star review by 'Lina Tagadiadi' 2/11/2011

Aaron Cox
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

i used black katz twice and i was completely satisfied.Aaron was my agent and he was just great.i explained to him what i was looking for and both times he only called me when he thought that he found the ideal flat for me.and he was absolutely right.i was really lucky cause he saved me time and both times i enjoyed the flats a lot.i strongly recomend black katz and Aaron

3. 5

A 1-star review by 'P' 1/11/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

Terrible letting/tenancy department - maintenance phone/hotline is often engaged and email responses slow (none sometimes). Urgent issues are never resolved in a timely manner, in fact we were left without hot water for weeks. Once you signed the agreement, pretty much left on your own to follow up with anything (reported issues and even the set up of rental payment - if you do not ask what their account details are and missed your rental payment, bad luck and that will cost you extra £35 because it was your responsibility to arrange it - so what do the admin staff do?).

No inventory list was provided before we moved in despite countless requests then upon moving in, we discovered a whole bunch of crap was left behind (and this subsequently became part of MY inventory list). Poor management as no inventory list was ever done with the previous tenants but of course, this was never communicated to us until all the funds were paid upfront.

Avoid.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  4. View All Comments (2)by ANDREW  07/11/2011

I am sorry that you have had reason to complain. We work very hard to provide good customer service which is why we get a lot of good reviews but clearly here something has gone wrong. Can you please provide me with your property address and we will look into the matters raised urgently. Again, my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  5. A 4-star review by 'Firsttimerenter' 28/10/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am a first time renter in London, and both my flatmate and I were very nervous and wary as we viewed properties. It is true that Black Katz are fairly pushy in encouraging you to sign for a property on the spot, and to put money down to secure the property. However, the pressure encourgaed me to think even more carefully about the property. When I expressed my anxieties to the Peter at Black Katz, he was very helpful and very understanding. He endured a rather lengthy conversation with one of our pushy parents, and even allowed me to view the property a second time to ensure that I was happy with everything. My lack of experience means I cannot compare their services to other agencies, but overall I was impressed. They are very friendly and despite the standard salesman talk, I truly believe that they are good at their job. We'll see if I continue to be impressed once I have moved into the property...

6. A 5-star review by 'RUBEN' 28/10/2011

Adnan
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have had an excellent experience at Black Katz Shepherds Bush. Adnan and Jay were very friendly and helpful. Black Katz found the right property for us and we are already moving in next week. Looking for a flat in London is always stressful but Adnan and Jay made it easier. I trust that Black Katz continue the good work during our tenancy.

7. A 5-star review by 'Res & Zaf' 26/10/2011

Jay Shah
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having spent a good two months looking for a flat to rent and going through every estate agent we could come across, Black Katz Hammersmith was a breath of fresh air. Hats off to Peter, who followed up on our quiery and arranged a viewing on that very day. Every single issue was professionally and cheerfully dealt with, including answering phone calls on the weekend to clear any confusion we had. He even went out of his way to arrange with the landlord and find time to allow us move our stuff in a day earlier than planned (even physically carrying a few bags)! Heartfelt thanks to Jay the manager as well, who made sure the whole process was smooth and quick. In fact, it look less than 24 hours to get from us sending the initial quiery for the property to the tenancy agreement being ready, reference-checked and all. Lovely people, great service. We seriously recommend them to anyone looking to rent in the Hammersmith/Shepherd's Bush area.

8. A 5-star review by 'Coyne' 26/10/2011

Jamie , Kim Welcome
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have had a great experience at black katz. Great friendly and personable team. I got in touch with Jamie at the Shepards Bush office who was really enthusiastic in trying to get us a flat. Even tried to arrange times outside his normal working hours, always calling me as soon as properties in my price range got on the market. Really great and energetic guy, helped us get a really great deal on or property and we would have never found a flat so soon without him.

As for the paperwork and contracts, Kim in the London Bridge Office sorted us out and was so helpful. I probably pestered her with one hundred emails and she was always prompt, polite and extremely knowledgeable. Never even had to go to their office, as we signed all the contracts by mail and this helped not take much of our time up.

In general I feel the entire team went above and beyond what you would expect from a lettings agency. I would definately recommend Black Katz to others!

9. A 5-star review by 'Daniela Becher' 25/10/2011

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Jay Shah, Jamie
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Friends of mine highly recommended Black Katz to me. I received an excellent service from the initial contact with Jay on the phone, meeting with Jay and Jamie at my property and their understanding of my needs as a property owner to all admin work conducted by the super efficient Kim. My tenants are truly lovely and my flat was rented out after just two viewings only, in two days from initial contact with Black Katz. I am truly delighted wit the service I have received 10 out of 10.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'SL' 13/10/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Super-enthusiastic team at the Sheperds Bush branch - Peter and Jay - who were really persistent with the search for a flat for me. I only had to see 2 properties and instantly feel in love with the second one and am moving in next month! There is slight pressure to say yes pretty much on the spot and pay the admin fee plus a deposit so that they hold the flat for you and don't show it to any other viewers. With hot properties i guess that's understandable and in th elong run worked out well for me!
    The London Bridge office has been dealing with my paperwork, references etc as they are located in my area and Kim in particular is fantastic. Very efficient and accommodating, excellent communication and always ready to help no matter what the query is.
    Black Katz admin fee is slightly above average but their service, enthusiasm and dedication more than makes up for it!

11. A 5-star review by 'Luke' 13/10/2011

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I went into the office with a very clear picture of what I wanted. Aaron took the time to actually understand exactly what I wanted and assured me that he wouldn't show me anything that would waste my time. throughout the process he updated on the progress and really made me feel as he was looking after my property search.

Whislt other agents The fiwhilst other agents tried to fix a property to my needs- I had confidence that understood my needs and genuinely tried to find a property that was suitable for me.

The quality of service was proved in the result. Aaron only showed me one property and it was absolutely perfect- which validate my opinion that he had really understood what I wanted and would not waste my time.

He was far and away the most friendly, helpful and understanding estate agent in the Camden area - who was really willing to go above and beyond. Excellent service- would definitely use again.

Page: