Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 327 ratings. This website contains 316 user reviews of Black Katz.

Filter Reviews

• 256 recommend
  • 71 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We are London's largest lettings-only agent. Our success is due to the simple fact that we treat every landlord and tenant as a person, not a number, each with their own individual needs.

Black Katz has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Black Katz, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 11)

Page last updated on: 23-Oct-2014 10:21:56

1. 1

A 4-star review by 'Tristan' 21/2/2012

Alexander Forder

Alexander Forder

I was serviced by Alex (Alexander Forder), who easily rates among the finest among the many other agents that I dealt with during my search over several weeks. Considering that he was very new to the industry and only had a few months of experience, he was honest, truthful, paid attention to my needs and details, and was always welcoming and helpful. In short, he was focused and I felt he truly acted in my interest - he was never once pushy. He's an asset to Black Katz and the company should definitely reward him and keep him. In general, Alex showed Black Katz to be good at following up and responsive. Unfortunately, you do have to call them up; e-mail response is not the best (not by Alex though). On the whole, I would recommend them, Alex especially.

2. 2

A 5-star review by 'tiffyew12' 20/2/2012

Adam

As someone who has recently moved to the UK it has been quite the task to find an apartment/studio to rent. Black Katz made it extremely easy. I dealt with Adam from the Hammersmith branch and after initial contact he made sure he was in contact as soon as any properties became available which were suitable for me. The entire process from viewing the property to signing the lease took no longer than a week and was quick and painless. everything was done with great efficiency. I would definitely recommend Black Katz to everyone.

3. 2

A 5-star review by 'Max' 17/2/2012

Calvin Degun

I didn't end up getting a house with Black Katz, but I'll write Calvin a good review because he contacted me twice a week over a 5/6 week period. He went out of his way when I first called to arrange property viewings that were based around other offices, and when we did put an offer on a property, he even phoned to congratulate me, despite the fact that it was another Black Katz agent who would have got the sale (we didn't end up getting the house, but it was a nice touch)

On the whole we found Black Katz professional, efficient and easy to deal with, but I strongly recommend getting in touch with Calvin when looking for a London property. He arranged viewings for us that were way outside his immediate area by keeping in regular contact with other Black Katz offices, and us.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'truffle shuffle' 15/2/2012

Alex Nunzi

Alex Nunzi

Alex was extremely helpful and very efficient in getting viewings arranged. The follow-up was well measured and not intrusive. Jay continued in the same manner in addition to being transparent. Fel that my interests were given as much weight as those of the landlord. Very impressed to have the tenancy locked down within 1 week.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Daniel' 8/2/2012

Rachel Nehard

Rachel Nehard

We recently rented a property in south london and Rachel Nehard has been our contact at Black Katz. There have been a number of dramas as the vacating tenants did not leave the property in a particularly fit state for us. Rachel at Black Katz has been absolutely fantastic through it all - friendly, helpful, and attentive to getting everything sorted, and when there was a mix up with one of the beds she was on the case immediately, ensuring a same-day result for us. My flatmate and I are extremely grateful for all the help Rachel has provided us with, and we wouldnt hesitate to recommend her.

6. View All Comments (1)by Claire  08/02/2012

I'd second that! Black Katz and Rachel especially have been fantastic with our move. Couldn't fault the service, and Rachel is a very responsive agent. Almost like dealing with a friend!
  7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Danyaal' 7/2/2012

Kahn Jennifer

Kahn Jennifer

Excellent Service! Professional team!

Was in a bit of a fix when I walked in through their office door, as I had to find a property and move into it within 2-3 days or I would have been on the street. All this after being taken for a ride by another agency I was dealing with earlier, so I did not know what to expect.

Was seen to immediately, my requirements understood in a few seconds, and was whizzed away in a matter of minutes to two properties, both of which were ideal for me. Was given a very fair and unbiased idea of the positives and negatives of the properties, and the neighbourhood etc, which I appreciated being unfamiliar with the area.

Referencing was quick and seamless, and executed in a perfectly professional and uber-efficient manner. Agreement signing and keys handover was effortless; the whole process took all of 2 days, and I was able to move into one of the two flats within my timeframe.

Did not think it was possible after my experiences with other agents! What a pleasant surprise!

8. A 5-star review by 'Adam Harrison' 7/2/2012

Adnan

We were recommended to use Black Katz by a friend of mine and we are both so glad that we did. We were taken through the process by Adnan from start to finish. He explained everything in simple terms and worked quickly to find us the perfect flat in the shortest time possible. I have to say we were very impressed with the service, Adnan in particualr and will definitely be using Black Katz in the future

9. A 5-star review by 'Vicki' 7/2/2012

Jennifer Powell, Anthony

Jennifer PowellAnthony

Black Katz were very helpful and efficient with helping us secure our property and move in speedily as requested. They were very east and great to deal with, particular Anthony and Jennifer in the West Hampstead branch. I definitely recommend them.

10. A 5-star review by 'Adam Harrison' 7/2/2012

11. A 5-star review by 'Matt' 3/2/2012

Calvin Degun

I would recommend Calvin to anyone. Very helpful and he actually found properties we wanted to see - not just the usual full list, random places or a 'no'.

1. A 5-star review by 'Rob' 3/2/2012

Calvin Degun

Calvin was an awesome lettings agent; lined up a viewing for us instantly. While we didn't go with this apartment, he offered us other options and kept in regular contact. He was friendly, professional and understood our needs.

2. 4

A 1-star review by 'Avoid at all costs' 3/2/2012

, Rachel Unknown

Rachel Unknown

NEVER EVER USE BLACK KATZ!!! At first they give you a wonderful impression that they are there to look after your best interest and know exactly what you want etc. The minute you sign on the dotted line and they have you tied in they couldn't care who you are or what you want. They will rent you a flat that they pretend to of seen which is a lie, all staff in the Camden office are office bound apparently. They manage your property but have no idea what the property is actually like. A perfect example of their negligence is when we moved out. Now just to fill you in, the flat we moved in to... (read more)

3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Grant Elliott' 23/1/2012

Alex Nunzi, Jay Shah

Alex NunziJay Shah

Excellent service allround. Agent we dealt with was Alex - extremely helpful, efficient and friendly. He and Jay went out of their way to make sure we were fully informed in all areas of what is obviously quite a big decision. Was impressed with the quality of properties they were able to show us and their flexibility in terms of viewing times. Would have no hesitation in recommending Black Katz Hammersmith branch to family and friends

4. 3

A 1-star review by 'Mike V.' 10/1/2012

Calvin Degun

Calvin Degun demonstrated great professionalism and perseverance in finding me a great place in London's Borough area. Calvin's and Black Katz's special personal service also made it a delight to do business with them. I give them two thumbs up for a job well done.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gaye' 4/1/2012

Adam

Adam from the Hammersmith office Sheperds Bush Road helped me finding the right place to rent and I am very satisfied with him. He is professional and very helpful. Thank you very much Adam!!! I would definitely recommed you to my friends and family.

6. 5

A 1-star review by 'UnhappyCustomer' 20/12/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Black Katz is horrible if you ever need anything of them! Their sales side is ok. But NEVER EVER need to get something from maintenance! Response times are atrocious (6-8 weeks is seen as normal). Their workmen are useless! One of them caused a water damage so it rained down from the ceiling. The ensuing "paint job" was a guy with a bucket of paint and a brush painting the wrong color over the stains. And in the process spilling paint on my stuff... Could go on forever. Useless bunch. Therefore I moved out. And now I am fighting for my overpaid rent. So if you are looking for an agency: Don't let the salesmans smile fool you! Behind his mask is a bunch of incompetent and unhelpful people.

7. View All Comments (1)by ANDREW  02/01/2012

I am very sorry that you have had reason to complain. We work very hard at providing good customer service which is why we get so many good reviews. Please provide your property address details and we will look into the matters raised urgently and come back to you. Again my apologies. i look forward to hearing from you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Amanda and Pablo' 16/12/2011

Peter

We were looking for a flat near Shepherd´s Bush and we were delighted with Peter´s professionalism and good manners. He was really helpful and gave us enough information to rent the flat in just 2 days!
    We would recommend Peter without any hesitation.

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Brad' 15/12/2011

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Jay Shah

Jay Shah

Highly recommend Jay and the team at Hammersmith to any landlord who needs to find quality, professional tenants for their property. After trying for 10 days (unsuccessfully) to find suitable tenants myself, I called Jay and gave him control of the process. Within 2 hours he and his team of negotiators had shown the flat to prospective tenants and had a signed agreement and deposit put down. A seamless experience through and through. Thanks Black Katz.

10. 7

A 2-star review by 'Rhian Watts' 13/12/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Reading the reviews on this page and based upon my own experiences, I suspect Black Katz are excellent when everything goes right with a tenancy but as soon as you have any problems - everything falls apart. We moved into our tenancy at the beginning of August and have faced numerous problems, most of which we are still trying to resolve four months later. All those that have been resolved have either been because we have gone directly to the source (i.e. the council) ourselves or through constant chasing.

Below are a list of some of the issues we have faced/are still facing:

* Our... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (2)by andrew  13/12/2011

Rhian, I am sorry that you have had reason to complain. We work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many good reviews and in our Property Management Department recently reorganised the departmentt into Portfolio Managers to increase service levels. I want to be able to provide a full response but firstly need a report back from the department and will return shortly. Again, my apologies that you have needed to complain. Regards, Andrew Black
  12. A 5-star review by 'Pablo' 11/12/2011

Peter

We were delighted with an agent called Peter. His good manners and professionalism made our search for a flat much easier. We have had a greet experience with Black Katz and found a place in just two days.

1. A 4-star review by 'Linda C.' 2/12/2011

Peter

Peter was extremely nice on the phone when I first approached him to learn whether they had available flats. When I went into the office to meet them in person him and Jay, the manager, were very welcoming.
    They took us on two viewings of the property on the same day and were very professional and polite.

Overall Black Katz is the friendliest letting agency I have encountered in London.

2. 5

A 2-star review by 'Emma' 1/12/2011

Peter

I have been very disappointed by the service (or lack of) provided by Black Katz. We moved into the property at the end of Augst this year. We discovered that an inventory had not been done when tennants left the property and one was done 1 month after we moved in. When we moved in there were two pieces of furniture that were broken and we asked to have removed, we heard nothing. The member of staff wjhen performing the inventory said some of the furniture was a health and safety hazard. Yet, 3 months on, we have still had NO RESPONSE for this problem. It has got to the point where we are contacting Black Katzx every day to cahse it up. I do not understand why the issue is taking so long, I can only imagine it is because they are doing nothing about it. It is a shame that a minor problem has become a major one.

Black Katz have responsded to some other problems, but only after a lot of chasing up.

Very disappointing.

What could Black Katz do to change your mind??

“be helpful and respond to queries.”

3. View All Comments (1)by ANDREW  05/12/2011

Emma, I am sorry that yopu have had reason to complain. if you can please suplly the address of the property I will do all I can to resolve. Again my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Andrew
  4. A 4-star review by 'AdamB' 22/11/2011

Jennifer Powell

Jennifer Powell

Black Katz showed leniency with certain aspects (i.e. when our old landlord refused to provide a reference) and were proactive with chasing the details they required.

Jennifer Powell (who coordinated our move) was always friendly and flexible. On the aspects of the contract we wished to discuss further, feedback from the landlord was swift and productive.

All round a good experience!

5. A 5-star review by 'Khadira' 21/11/2011

Branch:
    22 Baron Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Reuben

Reuben

I have just moved into my new flat and wanted to thank Reuben at Black Katz Islington branch for finding it for me so quickly. I had spent a long time looking for flats with other agents who fobbed me off saying nothing was available to meet my requirements, but when I went to Black Katz Reuben immediately took me to view two flats, the second of which being my perfect home, I was so happy! Thanks again, I will be recommending to others.

6. A 4-star review by 'Andy' 17/11/2011

Lauren Dean

Lauren Dean

Found them really good! John from camden office met me on time and was really friendly and helpful. Explained everything well and put me at ease right away - great guy! Lauren from admin was great, had my paperwork sorted quickly and also really friendly. Overall no complaints!

7. 11

A 5-star review by 'Brad' 11/11/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Black Katz were fantastic in my property search. They were one of only a few agents that took the time to find out my needs, to follow up, and to proactively look for viewings.
    I dealt with this branch and their Hammersmith Branch and would seriously recommend either based on my experiences

8. A 5-star review by 'vicky Skiftou' 10/11/2011

John Curry

I was looking on behalf of a friend a property and john found a very nice one. It fits to exact requirements that i asked for.

9. A 5-star review by 'london1' 9/11/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I recently rented a flat through Black Katz and have been very satisfied with their service. I went to a lot of agents but Black Katz were the most responsive and helpful. The only thing that I thought they can improve on is their service when getting into the flat; to come in the flat with you when you first move to show you a few basic things (e.g. how the heating, rubbish etc works).

But overall I was very satisfied and I would definitely recommend them as it is indeed hard to find good letting agents in London.

10. A 5-star review by 'Nerea' 7/11/2011

John Curry

We spent weeks trying to find an apartment in Camden Town and it wasn’t until we went to Black Katz that we found it.
    Our agent, John, was very helpful from the beginning. He knew exactly what we were looking for, and called us as soon as apartments with our requirements were on the market. After only three days from the initial contact, we found the perfect apartment for us!
    The service was excellent and John was always very friendly and professional.
    I would highly recommend Black Katz to anyone and I would of course use their service again next year.

11. A 5-star review by 'the funny one' 6/11/2011

Branch:
    22 Baron Street (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    Tony Illi, William

Tony IlliWilliam

Hi i just thought i'd let you know that i have used this agent twice in the last 12 months and i am very happy with there service overall. I know pop by the office to just say hi. They have on both occasions found me a property that suites exactly what i am after within budget and the main importance for me is the location as i work in the city and my work day seems to never end.

I highly recommend the team if you are looking for a friendly efficient service.

The team including Tony Illi and Willaim are a great bunch and are always welcoming.

Page: