Browse agents by letter

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 342 ratings. This website contains 331 user reviews of Black Katz.

Filter Reviews

Overall Customer Rating

4.01 out of 5.00

• 270 recommend
  • 72 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We are London's largest lettings-only agent. Our success is due to the simple fact that we treat every landlord and tenant as a person, not a number, each with their own individual needs.

Black Katz has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Black Katz, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 01-Apr-2015 15:26:01

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 12)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Salih is a fantastic agent to work with as he makes the customers as relaxed as can be while maintaining a high standard of customer service. He not only provides what is promised but goes the extra mile, as he did in helping us find this property, which my housemates and I have fallen completely in love with.
    Thanks to his flexibility and understanding we were able to view this property without previous knowledge of it and, obviously, quite successfully. He values honesty and pays attention to the needs of the perspective tenant as well as the landlord - ultimately acquiring a middle ground that everybody is happy with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Salih is a credit to the Black Katz company, our dealings with him were brilliant. We managed to find a house on our first viewing and everything was dealt with so brilliantly. He is an absolutely brilliant agent. I have recommended him to a number of my friends and if I ever need to will definitely use him and the company again .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Topsfield Parade (Middle Lane) (London) (Greater London)
    George Sifonios, Cristina Quinteiro
    George SifoniosCristina Quinteiro

It was nice to finally meet a letting agent that had your interests at heart. George went out of his way to help us find the right property and listened to what we did and didn't want. Cristina was super efficient with all the paperwork and responding to follow up e-mails after we moved in to the property. All in all, 10 out of 10.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

John Curry

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the entire agency for their professional demeanor and their eagerness to serve.

I found Black Katz through a friend who also enlisted their help trying to find a flat. I sent my details and the next morning I received a call from John asking about my wants and needs on a place and a budget. He quickly found a series of flats suited to my preferences and we arranged a viewing. I found my amazing flat within one viewing. He is a true professional and his willingness and patience with potential tenants is gratifying. It is hard to find agents who are truly committed to their jobs and John is definitely one of them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    No staff selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very fast and efficient. I saw the advert online and managed to arrange flat view asap. It took me around 5 days to get everything done & move in, and I got to meet my landlady before signing contract. The staffs are very friendly that i feel very pleasant with their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

James Kewley, Chris Andrews
    James KewleyChris Andrews

I had moved new into London and Black Katz was referred to me by a colleague of mine and I met up with Chris as he was almost closing his business day. Despite that, Chris was courteous and did provide a few minutes and took details. He was prompt in calling back on the next business day. James Kewley showed me a few properties and never did an hardsell on any of the property, which I value as the personal space required for a person to decide -unlike an another Letting agent whose property i had liked, but walked away because of "extra hard-sell"...I wanted to move to the property... (read more)

7. 3

Branch:
    78 Borough High Street (Clapham) (London) (Greater London)
    Jane Cocoran
    Jane Cocoran

Black Katz have been the most incompetent bunch of liars. They have repeatedly misled us about the property we are currently renting, which I might add has been the most hellish experience of our lives. We are pest infested, and nothing has been done about it, a recurring mould problem which has caused a chronic fungal infection of my entire body, the heating did not work and was not fixed for three months over the whole of winter. We went without a fridge and washing machine for two months.

And to top it all off, Black Katz did not even do their primary job of putting us all on the contract, my house-mate upped and left and they could not stop him, due to their early incompetence. Now I am paying a ridiculously large rent that I cannot afford, due to the fact that I was never protected by a valid contract. To try and put us off complaining, several times black katz have used different excuses, and ones that have been proven to be lies.

DO NOT RENT THROUGH BLACK KATZ.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (3) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (3)by A.Nunzi  14/04/2012

Firstly, I would like to say we do not manage your property.The landlord pays us to find tenants (Introduction service) and contact is between you and your landlord. However, unlike most agents would do, every time you had a problem, we did not wash our hands with you or the matter,we contacted your landlord and asked for all issues to be rectified as soon as possible and tried and did recommend various contractors. We have been renting your property for a number of years and the last tenants had lived in the property for a fourteen months. You are and did sign a contract which you originally... (read more)
  9. 5

No staff selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Black Katz basically ruined my life during the time I rented with them. Rude, inefficient and dishonest. Every maintenance enquiry was put aside for as long as possible, including a mice infestation and a cracked wall, leaving my living room exposed to the outside. During the same period, they increased the rent way above inflation, and told me that I was "demanding" and "out of touch with reality" when I questioned their actions/lack of action. Would not owe it to my worst enemy to stay in one of the properties!

What could Black Katz do to change your mind??

“Nothing - apart from staying far away from me.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (2)by Andrew  10/04/2012

Cara, I am sorry that you have felt the need to complain. We work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many good reviews. If you could please provide your property details I will look into the matters raised and respond. Again my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  11. 7

John Curry

I rented a property via Blackkatz two weeks ago now. Upon viewing the flat and immediately being urged to pay a deposit, Blackkatz immediately began harassing me to sign the rental contract, provide references, and make payment of the full 1 months' rent and deposit. I advised them that I would first like some information from them about the property and the landlord and sent them a list of queries (who is the landlord, how long have they known him, do the utilities work, etc). I was told by Lauren Dean that this was not her job, they were not managing the property, and they did not know... (read more)

What could Black Katz do to change your mind??

“- Not lied to me. - Actually asked the landlord my queries such as whether they utilities are all working, if building works are going to be carried out in the near future, etc rather than giving me false information. - Not pressured me into signing a contract (which was made in bad faith) before answering my questions and carrying out proper due diligence as I requested. - Properly deal with my concerns rather than ignoring them or brushing over them. - Not hand my deposit over to a landlord who refuses to provide me with proof that he has placed it in the tenancy deposit scheme. - Carry out proper checks of the landlords on your books. - Do your job properly with care and concern for the tenants as you are legally required to do.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  12. View All Comments (2)by Andrew  10/04/2012

I am sorry that you have had reason to complain. I can assure you that we work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many good reviews. I am personally away until the 25th of the month but would welcome a meeting with you at our Camden office to try and do all we can to resolve your issues. Again my apologies that you have felt the need to compain and I look forward to hearing you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  13. 4

Calvin Degun

Calvin has on two separate occasions provided invaluable help in finding me a flat to rent. He is always very honest about the pros and cons of a property and unlike many agents, doesn't try the hard 'sell'. Calvin understands clients' concerns and is relentlessly efficient at informing you of new properties. He has both a professional and amiable demeanour, making flat viewings all the more pleasant!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. How much is my property worth?

15. 3

Michal Maslisz

Although we didn't end up finding our flat with Black Katz, I would thoroughly recommend using them. Michael was extremely helpful and was always calling with new potential properties that were within our budget and in the area we wanted (this doesn't always happen with some estate agents!).
    If we need to look for another property in the future, we would definitely use Black Katz - and Michael - again.

16. 2

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Zia Anwar
    Zia Anwar

Black Katz in Camden have been letting my flats for nearly 10 years now. Throughout the period they have offered first class service and I am yet to suffer a vacant period - a testament to their ability to find quality tenants at short notice. I have no hesitation in recommending them .

17. 1

Calvin Degun

from the very beginning, calvin was top notch, knew his stuff and didnt try to bamboozle with jargon and sales speak. he was honest about every aspect of the area and property whether good or bad. he is excellent to talk to and took the stress out of the entire last minute move. He was able to guide us to the area which we needed to be located at for access to our work, esspecially when we are not from london. at all times we felt as if calvin had our best interests as his top priority. His excellence in his feild was equally matched and complimented by Micelle, working the front offfice. Her efficiency and professionalism in sorting out the paperwork, references etc, meant that our move from being shown the property to moving in took just days.
    if we choose to rent again in the future, i would definatly use calvin and michelle at black katz again.

18. 1

Calvin Degun

Calvin was very helpful and kept me regularly up-to-date with available flats in my area and price range. when my requirements changed he helped me find a rep in the area and was very proactive in insuring i was looked after. a good agent who I'd go to againrr

19. 1

Michal Maslisz

Michael at Black Katz has been extremely helpful during my search for a propoerty to rent in South London. He took the time to find out exactly what I was looking for and regularly contacted me with suitable options. Although I didn't end up finding somewhere through Black Katz I would definitely use them in the future and would recommend them to anyone else

20. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Alexander Forder
    Alexander Forder

I was serviced by Alex (Alexander Forder), who easily rates among the finest among the many other agents that I dealt with during my search over several weeks. Considering that he was very new to the industry and only had a few months of experience, he was honest, truthful, paid attention to my needs and details, and was always welcoming and helpful. In short, he was focused and I felt he truly acted in my interest - he was never once pushy. He's an asset to Black Katz and the company should definitely reward him and keep him. In general, Alex showed Black Katz to be good at following up and responsive. Unfortunately, you do have to call them up; e-mail response is not the best (not by Alex though). On the whole, I would recommend them, Alex especially.

21. 2

Adam

As someone who has recently moved to the UK it has been quite the task to find an apartment/studio to rent. Black Katz made it extremely easy. I dealt with Adam from the Hammersmith branch and after initial contact he made sure he was in contact as soon as any properties became available which were suitable for me. The entire process from viewing the property to signing the lease took no longer than a week and was quick and painless. everything was done with great efficiency. I would definitely recommend Black Katz to everyone.

22. 2

Calvin Degun

I didn't end up getting a house with Black Katz, but I'll write Calvin a good review because he contacted me twice a week over a 5/6 week period. He went out of his way when I first called to arrange property viewings that were based around other offices, and when we did put an offer on a property, he even phoned to congratulate me, despite the fact that it was another Black Katz agent who would have got the sale (we didn't end up getting the house, but it was a nice touch)

On the whole we found Black Katz professional, efficient and easy to deal with, but I strongly recommend getting in touch with Calvin when looking for a London property. He arranged viewings for us that were way outside his immediate area by keeping in regular contact with other Black Katz offices, and us.

23. 1

Alex Nunzi
    Alex Nunzi

Alex was extremely helpful and very efficient in getting viewings arranged. The follow-up was well measured and not intrusive. Jay continued in the same manner in addition to being transparent. Fel that my interests were given as much weight as those of the landlord. Very impressed to have the tenancy locked down within 1 week.

24. 1

Rachel Nehard
    Rachel Nehard

We recently rented a property in south london and Rachel Nehard has been our contact at Black Katz. There have been a number of dramas as the vacating tenants did not leave the property in a particularly fit state for us. Rachel at Black Katz has been absolutely fantastic through it all - friendly, helpful, and attentive to getting everything sorted, and when there was a mix up with one of the beds she was on the case immediately, ensuring a same-day result for us. My flatmate and I are extremely grateful for all the help Rachel has provided us with, and we wouldnt hesitate to recommend her.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  25. View All Comments (1)by Claire  08/02/2012

I'd second that! Black Katz and Rachel especially have been fantastic with our move. Couldn't fault the service, and Rachel is a very responsive agent. Almost like dealing with a friend!
  26. How much is my property worth?

27. 1

Kahn Jennifer
    Kahn Jennifer

Excellent Service! Professional team!

Was in a bit of a fix when I walked in through their office door, as I had to find a property and move into it within 2-3 days or I would have been on the street. All this after being taken for a ride by another agency I was dealing with earlier, so I did not know what to expect.

Was seen to immediately, my requirements understood in a few seconds, and was whizzed away in a matter of minutes to two properties, both of which were ideal for me. Was given a very fair and unbiased idea of the positives and negatives of the properties, and the neighbourhood etc, which I appreciated being unfamiliar with the area.

Referencing was quick and seamless, and executed in a perfectly professional and uber-efficient manner. Agreement signing and keys handover was effortless; the whole process took all of 2 days, and I was able to move into one of the two flats within my timeframe.

Did not think it was possible after my experiences with other agents! What a pleasant surprise!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Adnan

We were recommended to use Black Katz by a friend of mine and we are both so glad that we did. We were taken through the process by Adnan from start to finish. He explained everything in simple terms and worked quickly to find us the perfect flat in the shortest time possible. I have to say we were very impressed with the service, Adnan in particualr and will definitely be using Black Katz in the future

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Jennifer Powell, Anthony
    Jennifer PowellAnthony

Black Katz were very helpful and efficient with helping us secure our property and move in speedily as requested. They were very east and great to deal with, particular Anthony and Jennifer in the West Hampstead branch. I definitely recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Calvin Degun

I would recommend Calvin to anyone. Very helpful and he actually found properties we wanted to see - not just the usual full list, random places or a 'no'.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Calvin Degun

Calvin was an awesome lettings agent; lined up a viewing for us instantly. While we didn't go with this apartment, he offered us other options and kept in regular contact. He was friendly, professional and understood our needs.

33. 4

, Rachel Unknown
    Rachel Unknown

NEVER EVER USE BLACK KATZ!!! At first they give you a wonderful impression that they are there to look after your best interest and know exactly what you want etc. The minute you sign on the dotted line and they have you tied in they couldn't care who you are or what you want. They will rent you a flat that they pretend to of seen which is a lie, all staff in the Camden office are office bound apparently. They manage your property but have no idea what the property is actually like. A perfect example of their negligence is when we moved out. Now just to fill you in, the flat we moved in to... (read more)

34. 1

Alex Nunzi, Jay Shah
    Alex NunziJay Shah

Excellent service allround. Agent we dealt with was Alex - extremely helpful, efficient and friendly. He and Jay went out of their way to make sure we were fully informed in all areas of what is obviously quite a big decision. Was impressed with the quality of properties they were able to show us and their flexibility in terms of viewing times. Would have no hesitation in recommending Black Katz Hammersmith branch to family and friends

35. 3

Calvin Degun

Calvin Degun demonstrated great professionalism and perseverance in finding me a great place in London's Borough area. Calvin's and Black Katz's special personal service also made it a delight to do business with them. I give them two thumbs up for a job well done.

36. 1

Adam

Adam from the Hammersmith office Sheperds Bush Road helped me finding the right place to rent and I am very satisfied with him. He is professional and very helpful. Thank you very much Adam!!! I would definitely recommed you to my friends and family.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review

How much is my property worth?

Page: