...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Black Katz

Agent rating: 4 out of 5.0 based on 359 ratings. This website contains 348 user reviews of Black Katz.

• Black Katz has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Black Katz, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 1323 out of 14398 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.04 out of 5.00

• 286 recommend
  • 73 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We are London's largest lettings-only agent. Our success is due to the simple fact that we treat every landlord and tenant as a person, not a number, each with their own individual needs.

Page last updated on: 01-Sep-2015 19:05:14

Customer Reviews  (Page 7 of 12)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Peter
    Peter

Peter was great when we were searching for a flat. He listened to everything we wanted and only took me to properties that were suitable. He was really clear with how the company worked and all through paperwork was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic service by all staff. Very informative and a fast and quick hand over of keys. Big thanks to the staff that stayed back on Saturday afternoon so we could collect the keys and move into our new apartment has helped us out big time and took the stress away. Overall great service went above and beyond.

3. View All Comments (1)by Blackkatz Clapham  01/07/2012

Thanks for your kind words and taking time to write this review. It was really nice of you. We wish you both a happy tenancy. kind regards, Nick and Alex Black Katz Clapham.
  4. 8

Salih Kamil

Great bloke, literally showed us about 5 properties in 2 days, very patient, honest, and friendly. Cheers (Mustang) Salih!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Very good estate agent. Quick to get in touch with new properties and always on the lookout for other possibilities. All round decent bloke as well.

6. 1

Kim Moore
    Kim Welcome

I couldn't have been happier with the service! From the first viewing right through to moving in the staff at Black Katz were helpful, pilot, interested and always there to answer my hundreds of questions! I am due to move to the property this weekend but have no doubts that if a problem arises when I am settled in Black Katz would be there to assist! I recommend this company to anyone looking to rent a London property!

7. 1

Jamie , Jay Shah
    Jamie Jay Shah

My first contact was with Jamie. The day after I registered online, I already received a call and made an appointment to view a property. This was unfortunately not my cup of tea, but gave Jamie a bette idea of what I was looking for. He then called me a few hours later to say that he found something that he thought was exactly what I wanted. I viewed the property the day after and he was right! I am very grateful to Jamie and his supervisor Jay for finding me this beautiful flat in the best location! Jamie was the best and incredibly helpful! Kim Welcome followed up brilliantly with all the paperwork. I would definitely recommend Black Katz.

8. 1

Salih Kamil

Salih was really helpful and although he was professional he also had a relaxed and friendly manner which made us feel completely at ease.

9. 2

A 4 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Salih was a pleasure to deal with. As students the whole process of renting a house was foreign to us and he made everything so easy. Salih made sure we always understood what was expected of us and was very enthusiastic throughout the process. We rented the house he showed us and we are very happy with it and can't wait to move in. He was very helpful and understanding when we bombarded him with questions. It was his approachability, enthusiasm and patience that made this such a smooth process.

10. 1

Christopher Leach, George Sifonios
    Christopher LeachGeorge Sifonios

Since February 2009, I have used the Crouch End office of Black Katz. This year alone to date, I have commisioned Black Katz to act as sole agent on three different properties, one a newly built 2 bedroom in Crouch End in a new modern developement, the second a newly refurbished 3 bedroom in Hornsey and the other been a 2 bedroom flat in a purpose built block in Crouch End. Myself and my business partner have used this office in a fairly agent saturated area over the last few years where as a landlord I have many agents to choose from. Each time one of our properties come free I can rest... (read more)

11. 1

Christina Quinteiro
    Christina Quinteiro

Great service here. Chris made the whole process of finding and renting a property easy and hassle free.
    Excellent communication and very friendly atmosphere amongst all who work in the crouch end office. Currently looking for my next rental and these guys are my first port of call.
    Highly recommended.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

13. 1

Jennifer Powell
    Jennifer Powell

Our initial interaction with Black Katz was whilst we were still refurbishing our property, one of their agents walked into the building site, saw the potential and suggested a rental fee which we had not thought it would attain, alas we were wrong and he was right!. We have had in total 2 sets of tenants, and Black Katz handled everything from doing the viewings to sorting out the contracts. They kept me constantly updated throughout the process and I never once had to chase. I would recommend Black Katz to anyone for their constant professionalism and commitment to their clients.

14. 9

Jay Shah, Kim Moore
    Jay ShahKim Welcome

I would like to thank Jay and his team for the professional manner in which they did business with me. I had a flat to let and they found a very suitable tenant, very quickly and made the whole process as painless as possible. I would happily recommend them to a landlord/lady looking for a letting agent.

15. 1

Cristina Quinteiro, Christopher Leach
    Cristina QuinteiroChristopher Leach

Christopher and his team over at Blakkatz, Crouch End were attentive and proactive to our needs. After searching for weeks for a property to move into due to our expanding family, we contacted BlakKatz, and within 2 days - we found our place. They listened to what we were and weren't after, and intuitively recommended places they knew matched our criteria - rather than taking us to a million places that had nothing to do with the qualities we were after.

They also managed to find nice tenants for the property we own in as little time as it took them to find us a place.

16. 1

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Flat met our needs. Accurate description. agents friendly/provided us with alternative solutions regarding bureaucracy issues. Professional work. Highly recommended.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

John Curry, Lauren Dean
    John Curryno photo
    John CurryLauren Dean

Had a good experience with black katz lettings with timely response to mails and everything arranged seamlessly. Some be-spoke requests were also properly taken care of by them and I think they were fair to both me and the landlord during the lettings negotiation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

George Sifonios
    George Sifonios

We have just moved into a rented property found for us by Black Katz. We received excellent service throughout from all at Black Katz. George goes over and above to ensure everything runs smoothly and nothing is ever a problem for him. Great knowledge of the area and he really listened to our needs for a new place. He is great at communicating and did his upmost to solve any issues or questions we had as quickly as possible, always available to talk to. Made our move easy and stress-free. Would highly recommend Black Katz and in particular George to anyone looking for a stress-free house hunt and move.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Salih was a real pleasure to work with. He took us to see us two properties, when we were only scheduled in to see one, which resulted in us taking 71 Asylum Road. He was friendly, enthusiastic, honest and yet professional. He listened to what we wanted and went the extra mile for us to ensure that we got it. He is clearly dedicated to his job and I would recommend him in the highest possible terms. My friends and I will definitely use Black Katz again in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Salih is a fantastic agent to work with as he makes the customers as relaxed as can be while maintaining a high standard of customer service. He not only provides what is promised but goes the extra mile, as he did in helping us find this property, which my housemates and I have fallen completely in love with.
    Thanks to his flexibility and understanding we were able to view this property without previous knowledge of it and, obviously, quite successfully. He values honesty and pays attention to the needs of the perspective tenant as well as the landlord - ultimately acquiring a middle ground that everybody is happy with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Salih Kamil

Salih is a credit to the Black Katz company, our dealings with him were brilliant. We managed to find a house on our first viewing and everything was dealt with so brilliantly. He is an absolutely brilliant agent. I have recommended him to a number of my friends and if I ever need to will definitely use him and the company again .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

George Sifonios, Cristina Quinteiro
    George SifoniosCristina Quinteiro

It was nice to finally meet a letting agent that had your interests at heart. George went out of his way to help us find the right property and listened to what we did and didn't want. Cristina was super efficient with all the paperwork and responding to follow up e-mails after we moved in to the property. All in all, 10 out of 10.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

John Curry

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the entire agency for their professional demeanor and their eagerness to serve.

I found Black Katz through a friend who also enlisted their help trying to find a flat. I sent my details and the next morning I received a call from John asking about my wants and needs on a place and a budget. He quickly found a series of flats suited to my preferences and we arranged a viewing. I found my amazing flat within one viewing. He is a true professional and his willingness and patience with potential tenants is gratifying. It is hard to find agents who are truly committed to their jobs and John is definitely one of them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very fast and efficient. I saw the advert online and managed to arrange flat view asap. It took me around 5 days to get everything done & move in, and I got to meet my landlady before signing contract. The staffs are very friendly that i feel very pleasant with their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

James Kewley, Chris Andrews
    James KewleyChris Andrews

I had moved new into London and Black Katz was referred to me by a colleague of mine and I met up with Chris as he was almost closing his business day. Despite that, Chris was courteous and did provide a few minutes and took details. He was prompt in calling back on the next business day. James Kewley showed me a few properties and never did an hardsell on any of the property, which I value as the personal space required for a person to decide -unlike an another Letting agent whose property i had liked, but walked away because of "extra hard-sell"...I wanted to move to the property... (read more)

27. 3

Jane Cocoran
    Jane Cocoran

Black Katz have been the most incompetent bunch of liars. They have repeatedly misled us about the property we are currently renting, which I might add has been the most hellish experience of our lives. We are pest infested, and nothing has been done about it, a recurring mould problem which has caused a chronic fungal infection of my entire body, the heating did not work and was not fixed for three months over the whole of winter. We went without a fridge and washing machine for two months.

And to top it all off, Black Katz did not even do their primary job of putting us all on the contract, my house-mate upped and left and they could not stop him, due to their early incompetence. Now I am paying a ridiculously large rent that I cannot afford, due to the fact that I was never protected by a valid contract. To try and put us off complaining, several times black katz have used different excuses, and ones that have been proven to be lies.

DO NOT RENT THROUGH BLACK KATZ.

28. View All Comments (3)by A.Nunzi  14/04/2012

Firstly, I would like to say we do not manage your property.The landlord pays us to find tenants (Introduction service) and contact is between you and your landlord. However, unlike most agents would do, every time you had a problem, we did not wash our hands with you or the matter,we contacted your landlord and asked for all issues to be rectified as soon as possible and tried and did recommend various contractors. We have been renting your property for a number of years and the last tenants had lived in the property for a fourteen months. You are and did sign a contract which you originally... (read more)
  29. 5

Would you use the agent again? No

Black Katz basically ruined my life during the time I rented with them. Rude, inefficient and dishonest. Every maintenance enquiry was put aside for as long as possible, including a mice infestation and a cracked wall, leaving my living room exposed to the outside. During the same period, they increased the rent way above inflation, and told me that I was "demanding" and "out of touch with reality" when I questioned their actions/lack of action. Would not owe it to my worst enemy to stay in one of the properties!

What could Black Katz do to change your mind??

“Nothing - apart from staying far away from me.”

30. View All Comments (2)by Andrew  10/04/2012

Cara, I am sorry that you have felt the need to complain. We work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many good reviews. If you could please provide your property details I will look into the matters raised and respond. Again my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  31. 7

John Curry

I rented a property via Blackkatz two weeks ago now. Upon viewing the flat and immediately being urged to pay a deposit, Blackkatz immediately began harassing me to sign the rental contract, provide references, and make payment of the full 1 months' rent and deposit. I advised them that I would first like some information from them about the property and the landlord and sent them a list of queries (who is the landlord, how long have they known him, do the utilities work, etc). I was told by Lauren Dean that this was not her job, they were not managing the property, and they did not know... (read more)

What could Black Katz do to change your mind??

“- Not lied to me. - Actually asked the landlord my queries such as whether they utilities are all working, if building works are going to be carried out in the near future, etc rather than giving me false information. - Not pressured me into signing a contract (which was made in bad faith) before answering my questions and carrying out proper due diligence as I requested. - Properly deal with my concerns rather than ignoring them or brushing over them. - Not hand my deposit over to a landlord who refuses to provide me with proof that he has placed it in the tenancy deposit scheme. - Carry out proper checks of the landlords on your books. - Do your job properly with care and concern for the tenants as you are legally required to do.”

32. View All Comments (2)by Andrew  10/04/2012

I am sorry that you have had reason to complain. I can assure you that we work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many good reviews. I am personally away until the 25th of the month but would welcome a meeting with you at our Camden office to try and do all we can to resolve your issues. Again my apologies that you have felt the need to compain and I look forward to hearing you. Regards, ANDREW BLACK
  33. 4

Calvin Degun

Calvin has on two separate occasions provided invaluable help in finding me a flat to rent. He is always very honest about the pros and cons of a property and unlike many agents, doesn't try the hard 'sell'. Calvin understands clients' concerns and is relentlessly efficient at informing you of new properties. He has both a professional and amiable demeanour, making flat viewings all the more pleasant!

34. 3

Michal Maslisz
    Michal Maslisz

Although we didn't end up finding our flat with Black Katz, I would thoroughly recommend using them. Michael was extremely helpful and was always calling with new potential properties that were within our budget and in the area we wanted (this doesn't always happen with some estate agents!).
    If we need to look for another property in the future, we would definitely use Black Katz - and Michael - again.

35. 2

Zia Anwar
    Zia Anwar

Black Katz in Camden have been letting my flats for nearly 10 years now. Throughout the period they have offered first class service and I am yet to suffer a vacant period - a testament to their ability to find quality tenants at short notice. I have no hesitation in recommending them .

36. 1

Calvin Degun

from the very beginning, calvin was top notch, knew his stuff and didnt try to bamboozle with jargon and sales speak. he was honest about every aspect of the area and property whether good or bad. he is excellent to talk to and took the stress out of the entire last minute move. He was able to guide us to the area which we needed to be located at for access to our work, esspecially when we are not from london. at all times we felt as if calvin had our best interests as his top priority. His excellence in his feild was equally matched and complimented by Micelle, working the front offfice. Her efficiency and professionalism in sorting out the paperwork, references etc, meant that our move from being shown the property to moving in took just days.
    if we choose to rent again in the future, i would definatly use calvin and michelle at black katz again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review

How much is my property worth?

Page: