Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Andrew Louis

Agent rating: 2 out of 5.0 based on 55 ratings. This website contains 55 user reviews of Andrew Louis.

Filter Reviews

• 17 recommend
  • 38 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Andrew Louis was founded in 1989 and has since grown to be one of Liverpool's leading independent property service companies. Our services include sales, lettings, property management, commercial and block service charge management.

We attribute our success to a total commitment to our clients needs by providing a consistent, reliable and professional service at all times.

We are continually looking to improve every aspect of our business from customer service, successful utilisation of the very latest technology and the delivery of the highest quality property information.

Andrew Louis is a member of The Property Ombudsman, The Association of Residential Letting Agents, Association of Residential Managing Agents and the National Association of Estate Agents.

Andrew Louis has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Andrew Louis, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 2 of 2)

Page last updated on: 31-Oct-2014 12:43:21

1. 41

A 1-star review by 'Exasperated Owner' 9/7/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Overall rating - worse than terrible. Difficult to give them a rating - I have NEVER come across anything as bad.

They supposedly manage a block where we own an apartment and which we sub-let.

Customer Service? All their documents, their website and their Customer Charter tell us that they know what Customer Service is - they are even members of ARLA and NAEA. To be fair, staff you speak to are generally courteous and polite, unfortunately the only action they have been reliable in taking is to send out invoices and reminders.

Cleaning and regular maintenance are hardly ever... (read more)

What could Andrew Louis do to change your mind??

“The agent could have responded to queries and messages. The agent could have fulfilled his promises. The agent could have taken responsibility for the building. The agent could have managed contractors. The agent could have consulted with the owners and tenants in the building when they were planning any work or arranging to change the way things worked. The agent could have talked to the owners and tenants. The agent could have acknowledged correspondence. The agent could have complied with his responsibilities in accordance with his Standards of Service and Customer Charter. The agent could have complied with his standards of membership of NAEA and ARLA. The agent could have complied with his responsibilities under the Landlord and Tenant Act. The agent could have been communicative. The agent could have been transparent.”

2. View All Comments (1)by Andrew louis  15/07/2012

Thank you for your review. Can you please contact andrew louis office so we can investigate your concerns. We have no details of who you are and what block you live in. The direct complaint number is 0151 330 5351 or 0151 330 5370
  3. 32

A 1-star review by 'UnhappyTennant' 18/2/2012

Branch:
    19 Eccleston Street (Prescot) (Liverpool) (Merseyside)
    Michelle I(Property Manager)

Michelle I(Property Manager)

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

I wish i had read this site before signing an agreement with andrew louis. We arrived at the rented property for our first day and noticed that there was no electricity supply, the gas was terminated and the heating for the property was broken. The property is a managed property and all the supply to the house is managed by Andrew Louis. Its been two weeks now and still have no heating, they never fixed the electricity we had to contact the power supplier ourselves and get the supply fixed (at our cost). The agency say so many lies to say the issue is on its way to being resolved etc etc and give excuses on why there are issues but dont actually resolve the issues...

Because of the issues with the boiler and the heating we have asked to see the gas certs and energy crts and low and behold... they havent got them!, Were currently in the process of advising thegovernment regarding the property being unfit for habbitation......

I HOPE YOU NEVER DO DEALINGS WITH THEM

4. View All Comments (1)by andrewlouis  21/02/2012

We note your comments, these are unfounded. The Gas Safety Certificate is current and has been forwarded to yourself. Repair to the boiler was reported 14th February and our contractor attended the same day. The repair was booked in by the contractor to be carried out on 18th February 2012 and has confirmed this was completed. If you have a complaint regarding any services you have received, please follow our complaints procedure which can be located on our website www.andrewlouis.co.uk
  5. 2

A 5-star review by 'Mrs orla griffin' 25/1/2012

Sales (as a Buyer)
    erica mooney

erica mooney

Erica mooney did everything possible to secure this property for us. She contacted me on a regular basis, updating me on events and giving advice when appropriate. Throughout the two months, the time it took to secure this property (due to a bidding war with another interested party) she was always professional, mannerly and friendly.

6. 26

A 1-star review by 'MayM' 12/12/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Landlords avoid at all costs! Endless problems to many to list but basically when you first contact AL they are fantastic and tell you all what you want to hear. I had one property with them and I had to deal with 3 different people! They lied about the length of contact, quality of tenants, date tenants moved in, errors in there accounting on two occassions during a 6 month spell! Did not transfer utility bills/council tax into tenants names then proceed to pass the buck blaming some external company. Overall it was a very unpleaseant experence and I had to cut my loses with them and cancel my contract with them and sort out all the bills etc myself, there customer service is non existant and very unprofessional! As already stated here they ignore call never respond to messages and are always seem to be AWAY FROM THERE DESK, there office is small! Really can't understand management allowing this to happen

What could Andrew Louis do to change your mind??

“Basicalliy carrying out the duties they were paid to do! They lied about contract length told me 12 when it was really only 6, tenants quality not satisfactory, never transferred utility bills into tenants names, made numerous accounting mistakes, on one occasion the tenants had not paid there rent and when I had to chase this up I was told they sent out a taxt meaage to ask why! A text message couldnt believe what I was hearing! They have awlful customer service and management!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  7. View All Comments (2)by andrewlouis  12/01/2012

We operate a internal complaint procedures so can this complaintaint please contact our head office at Muskers Biliding, 1 Stanley Street Liverppol L1 6AA and supply full details of their concerns so we can invesitgate this matter. Thank You.
  8. 35

A 1-star review by 'Victorian' 2/12/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Andrew Louis are an example of service at its worst. They do not return calls and do not pass messages on. You cannot get hold of contacts within the office as they always seem to be out of the office or away from their desk. I personally have been in for meetings and spoken over the telephone on numerous occasions but issues still havent been resolved. Avoid Andrew Louis at all costs and advise other people of the same!

What could Andrew Louis do to change your mind??

“Andrew Louis could have made an effort to make more communication. They only ever contact when they are sending out an invoice for the service charge, otherwise all telephone calls, e-mails or letters are ignored. Even when you finally get to speak to someone, nothing is done about the issues at hand. The employment of professional staff would be a good start!”

9. View All Comments (1)by andrewlouis  12/01/2012

We operate a internal complaint procedures so can this complaintaint please contact our head office at Muskers Builiding, 1 Stanley Street Liverppol L1 6AA and supply full details of their concerns so we can invesitgate this matter. Thank You.
  10. 31

A 1-star review by 'saxophone1' 27/10/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

NO RESPONSE TO MY CALLS OVER A 4 MONTH PERIOD , I WAS BEING FOBBED OFF MOST TIMES BY ANDREW LOUI STAFF , MY DEPOSIT HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED YET , NEXT STEP IS THE LEAGAL ROUTE ,VERY DIFFICULT TO SOLVE THE ISSUES, VERY VERY BAD FOR BUISSINESS ,

What could Andrew Louis do to change your mind??

“Return my deposit and my calls”

11. View All Comments (1)by andrew louis  18/11/2011

We note your comment above, however if you would like to contact our office there will be a reason that your deposit has not been returned. All deposits are protected under the TDS and you can also contact them if there is a dispute.. Please email us as customercare@andrewlouis.co.uk and we will look into the matter for you.
  12. 34

A 1-star review by 'FH1920' 12/9/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

My dealings with Andrew Louis were reasonable until it became time for me to leave the property and get my deposit back. At check-out I was informed that I would recieve my full deposit back within 14 days. That was over a month ago, and I still haven't recieved my money. I am ignored or fobbed off when I try and contact them. So if you care about recieving your money back - avoid renting a property from Andrew Louis like the plague.

What could Andrew Louis do to change your mind??

“They could have given me my deposit back and not ignored my emails”

13. View All Comments (1)by Andrew Louis  13/09/2011

This complaint was dealt with and completed on the same day, with an acknowledgement of satisfaction on 13th September. After invetigation the allegations where proved unfounded.
  14. 3

A 5-star review by 'Keely' 4/8/2011

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I bought a repossession, which is very long winded and nerve wracking process. Andrew Louis's sale manager was incredibly proffessional, helpful and swift in her actions and I certainly felt in safe hands once she took on the sale. I am so please with the quality service I recieved and would definately recommend to others.

15. 1

A 4-star review by 'Rhozilla' 29/7/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Always found the staff helpful and efficient from initial enquiry to being a tenant. Property manager approachable.
    Would and have recommended this agency to others. Website also relatively easy to navigate.

16. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mike 67' 24/7/2011

Branch:
    19 Eccleston Street (Prescot) (Liverpool) (Merseyside)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have recently instructed Andrew Louis to rent my property in Rainhill. i have found there staff really helpful and they found me a tenant within 3 days of signing up with them.
    I would highly recommend there services, they took care of everything for me after i handed them the keys.

1. 35

A 1-star review by 'Ashby House, L17' 21/7/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Awful! These jokers manage our building and charge almost £100/month to do so yet when it comes to doing any maintenance work they are nowhere to be seen. Emailed/telephoned countless times regarding leaky gutter and 3 broken carpark security lights - still havent been fixed months later. Their customer service is terrible, they frequently fail to reply to left phone messages and emails. Avoid at all costs as property management agents, and by the sounds of the rest of the reviews here avoid as letting agents as well!!!!! Atrocious, cant emphasise their ineptitude enough!

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'sugar' 19/7/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have rented through andrew louis for a number of years and have rented 2 different properties both times my applications were dealt with swiftly and smoothly, and i moved in quickly - all repairs and queries have been dealt with when requested - i have recommended the agent to 2 friends who have let through them also!!

3. 28

A 1-star review by 'Disappointed' 27/6/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Andrew Louis never return your calls or emails. They misled us about the quality and quantity of the tenants. They misled us over the length of the contract. They have still not found another tenant for our property in 5 months. The staff members that do reply just forward your email on to someone else - we don\'t even know who our property manager should be by now! 5 or 6 different people have been this \'contact person\' over a year-long period. No continuity, knowledge or service. AVOID!

4. View All Comments (1)by Andrew Louis  28/06/2011

5. 22

A 1-star review by 'allen harrison' 8/6/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

where do i start we live in a house rented from andrew louis or gob shites as they are on my phone was made to jump through hopes to get it the house but after a week wish we had not first the was the leak from the window when it rained it took them over a year to sort it out then the was the leaking shower whitch to be fair only took 2 weeks to fix so getting better then we have the carpet in the living room whitch is moveing under foot and pulling up whitch we have been told by a carpet layer is due to the wrong underlay but they say its are dog ripping it up but the biggest problem is the damp in all the rooms but was far worst in the bedrooms and bathroom in each room we have up to 4 air bricks whitch in the winter we measured -10 with the heating on full but that didnt sort out the problem to this day and as for the staff up to 200 e mails sent lost count of phone calls but when you do get to talk to someone arrogant nasty i have never meet or spoke to anyone like the staff in that office if you read this and still want to rent a property from them all i can say is good luck

6. 28

A 1-star review by 'Sarah' 24/5/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Completely agree with the negative comments posted. How they remain in business is a mystery to me!! Avoid at all costs!!!!!

7. View All Comments (1)by Andrew Louis  11/07/2011

8. 27

A 1-star review by 'disappointed!' 21/5/2011

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We paid the excessive £205 reservation fee, completed all paperwork and referencing was being done, at this point we received a call saying that the landlord had rent the property privately, another property virtually the same was suggested so we arranged a viewing. The viewing has not happened, they still have our money and no one will return our calls. I have worked in estate agency and how this disgrace of a company is still in business I have no idea. Avoid at all costs!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (2)by Andrew Louis  11/07/2011

10. 22

A 1-star review by 'n5000' 22/2/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Awful company. Took 5 months to get deposit back after countless calls. Solicitor made contact still no reply. Had to drive from London to meet them in person.

Still owed money from a dispute that was never registered, now seeking legal action.

No matter how much you may like their properties do yourself a favour and stay clear!

11. View All Comments (1)by Andrew Louis  13/07/2011

Hi There, This is a very serious allegation so whoever you are please contact the head of our property management department Pam Laidlaw on 0151 330 5348 so she can investigate your claims. thank you Andrew Louis
  12. 28

A 1-star review by 'j18' 13/2/2011

Upload a reviwer profile image

Simply the most astonishingly bad example of customer service I have ever had the displeasure of encountering.
    It's almost a year since I vacated a property rented from Andrew Louis, and I am yet to receive my deposit back. The ever-increasing tally of ignored correspondence now stands at 9 emails and 20+ telephone calls.

I wouldn't normally take the time to post, but I would urge anyone to seriously consider avoiding these people at all costs.

13. 29

A 1-star review by 'tenant' 9/12/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

Worst service from a lettings team I have ever had to deal with. The viewings lady was fine, however the admin team, were rude, wasted my time, and in no way deserve the fee they took for paperwork. I strongly recommend you avoid using Andrew Louis as a lettings agent at all costs, they are a terrible terrible service, who seem to have no communications within departments, and are rude and communicate poorly to you as a customer.

14. 29

A 1-star review by 'mt' 9/12/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

They have rented my apartment for the last 4 months, yet I have still to be paid. Constant lack of response to repeated emails and lack of action when you speak to them on the phone. Avoid at all costs.

1. 1

A 5-star review by 'DukeLandlord' 28/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

I found Andrew Louis to be very proactive and were most impressive in finding me a tenant who I must say to this day has been by far the best tenant I have had in my property. I have since given them all of my property portfolio to manage and its a relief to have a professional outfit such as them take care of this for me.

2. View All Comments (1)by Soma  28/04/2011

Do you work for Andrew Louis by any chance? I'll bet you do.
  3. 18

A 1-star review by 'Liverpool' 21/9/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

No reply to letters of complaint, despite following their internal complaints procedure. Misled us on the quality and quantity of the tenants, and the length of the contract.

4. View All Comments (1)by Listen to info  21/03/2011

Same situation with me also, they were told on nurmous times 12 month contract only, 2 months down the line I find out it is only a 6 month contract!! Also misinformed to us about quality of client and they don't return calls or answer complaints. Avoid at all cost! Don't be fooled by their modern fancy offices and at first pleasant helpful staff, it doesn't continue and in fact from my dealing with certain staff are down right rude!!
  5. 30

A 1-star review by 'Maria' 2/3/2010

Upload a reviwer profile image

It is the worst agency i have ever rented a flat from! Do not even call them because they will release your call. The website and the office look nice, that's all. Oh yeah, the staff as well. They are nice when you pay them the fee.

I rented a very expensive apartment in the city centre, the washing machine not working, tap in the kitchen leaking, dirty walls, the light not working in the bedroom, no spot lights in the bathrooms and kitchen etc. They said I would have to wait 28 days till somebody contact me and have a look and then wait again 28 days to fix it. They told me I was responsible for replacing bulbs (which I never used and people who lived there before did not change !!!!). Also nodoby had time for me when I wanted to speak to the property manager.

If you can avoid them, because they will never help you when something goes wrong in the flat, also they will charge you if you call emergency number.

6. 17

A 1-star review by 'joeyblue' 22/2/2009

Upload a reviwer profile image

Never returned calls, avoided complaint letters and wouldn't even see me when I turned up in person.....avoid at all costs as a landlord or tenant!

7. 18

A 1-star review by 'Kate' 5/8/2008

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have never dealt with worse estate agents than Andrew Louis!

Firstly I was disappointed when they 'gave away' our appointment as they claimed we failed to confirm we were still able to attend before 9.30 that morning (we actually did). We had travelled 80miles for the viewing. On the second occaision we dealt with them (after giving them the benefit of the doubt) we had an appointment booked to view 2 separate properties. As requested we called to confirm that morning and everything appeared to be ok, however, shortly before the viewings we received a phonecall to inform us they we... (read more)

8. View All Comments (1)by eclo  10/03/2009

I was refused even a viewing becuase I wanted to move in in about 6 weeks, not their 2 weeks! On a flat I've seen advertised online for at least a month and it's still not been let, so it's more like 3 months empty now. The woman practically slammed the phone down on me when I said I couldn't move for 6 weeks!

Page: