Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Alba Residential

Agent rating: 1.6 out of 5.0 based on 34 ratings. This website contains 34 user reviews of Alba Residential.

Offices / Branches

• 29 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

19 out of 21
in the EH10 League Tables
261 out of 295
in the Edinburgh League Tables
18845 out of 21652
in the UK

Agent Information

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

• SAL

Areas Covered

EdinburghMidlothian
East Lothian

Alba Residential has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Alba Residential, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 21-Aug-2014 11:29:43

1. A 1-star review by 'Angus' 13/8/2014

EH10
    Rent PCM
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After our tenancy ended Alba Residential ignored requests to return out deposit. When eventually they responded they were able to provide receipts for cleaning and the replacement of items. However, they also witheld money for problems that existed before we moved in. The sums were not large enough to be worth taking them court or to invest our time in reclaiming, but is far from good practice. The deposit had also not been entered into a tenancy deposit scheme. It is for these reasons, the hassle and poor practice that I would recommend potential tenants to keep clear.

2. 1

A 1-star review by 's' 24/4/2014

eh9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Nothing gets fixed or is working and they take zero responsibility for the property. When paying high rent on a nice property you do want things not working or walls knocked through and not patched.

3. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  24/04/2014

Hi there, I'm sorry you feel this way, our Maintenance Team do their best to resolve enquiries quickly and without delay to our clients, and we truly value your opinions and feedback, so however negative this may appear, rest assured we'll work hard not to let this happen again! Let me know if perhaps I can help by looking into this for you - my email address is mark.hastie@braemore.co.uk, and if you email me I will be delighted to help. Kind regards, Mark.
  4. 2

A 1-star review by 'northernlady' 1/3/2014

Rachel MacDonell, dundee dundee
    eh7

Rachel MacDonelldundee dundee

We rented with ALba for over a year, and in all my years renting I have never had such a bad experience. When dealing with any problems or maintenance issues, they were dealt with a " we'll call you back" and then doing nothing.

All staff were rude, unhelpful and couldn't care less about their tenants. They were a nightmare to get hold of, and to get anything dealt with.

When trying to get our deposit back, we had to fight with them to get it processed initially, but then they had "cleaning charges" due to us "not cleaning the flat before vacating". Their evidence was pictures of fingerprints on mirrored wardrobes and stains on the carpet which were there when we moved in. When speaking to another previous tenant they had exact same problem.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“They could never change our mind about them, they ruined our time in Edinburgh.”

5. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  03/03/2014

Hi there, I am sorry to hear this. Certainly there was a period of time when we were integrating as a much larger, functioning business where our clients expectations were sadly not met, and for that we really do apologise. It was a regrettable time where we wished we could have done more to keep things plain sailing. Given that you've now moved on, I would presume that your complaint has now been dealt with, however if you are in any way still waiting to hear from us, or if you feel you could suggest other ways in which we could have dealt with your enquiries better, please let me... (read more)
  6. 1

A 1-star review by 'CC' 23/2/2014

EH16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I suffered with Alba for several years and eventually left to manage the property myself. Right from the outset they ignored my instructions regarding any works to be done to the property by sending their workmen in and billing me. Once they charged me for a workmen to go in and tell me the washing machine was beyond repair. I went in and it took me ten minutes to fix it.
    The contract which should have stated I was to be contacted was ammended to allow for this but I have recently realised they have gone and done it again billing me £132 for a PAT test and Gas safety test. These are legal... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (5) Feature This Review
  7. View All Comments (5)by Mark Hastie  24/02/2014

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, and obviously I am disappointed to hear your experience was not a more positive one. I would welcome the chance to put things right by you, if you would be willing to accept my help? Thankfully we are improving all the time, and having a large volume of team members, systems and procedures to consolidate and bring together originally, we have admittedly had a considerable challenge on our hands, but I can confidently say we are getting there! I completely appreciate that some clients such as yourself may have experienced a less than perfect... (read more)
  8. 4

A 5-star review by 'Jacqueline' 24/1/2014

Mark Hastie, Chris Simpson
    EH2

Mark HastieChris Simpson

As a landlord I have always received first class service from Alba Residential.
    I started off by having 2 of my properties factored by Alba. The personal service and re-letting speed of my empty flats was so good that I have moved flats from other letting agents to Alba. Having one nominated pointed of contact, mine being Mark Hastie, makes doing business with Alba very straight forward. Mark is always very prompt and effective at dealing with any issues that arise. Another important consideration for landlords when choosing an agent is speedy payment of rental income - here again I praise Alba and my nominated contact for financial matters, Chris Simpson. I would not hesitate in recommending Alba Residential to other landlords. And finally, I would also like to say that feedback from my tenants about Alba Residential has always been complimentary.

9. 4

A 1-star review by 'Roy Milne' 24/1/2014

Charles white

Charles white

As a landlord I was tranferred to Lomond/ Alba when Charles White ceased business. Had six months of dreadful service- delays in payments going into bank and in receiving statements. Had to frequently phone and e mail without responses. Extremely difficult to match which payments corresponded to which properties. Worst service imaginable Fortunately managed to get another business to take on my properties. Lomond charged me 37.5% commission and 20% VAT per property as a severance fee for taking my business away from them. This was the only thing they seemed to manage to do without difficulty. Would never think of recommending them to anybody and so relieved to be away from them.They were critical of Charles White staff whom I had dealt with for 15 years without problem

10. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  27/01/2014

Hi there Roy, We are obviously disappointed at your feedback, but thank you for providing it. It is always disheartening to hear of long-standing clients such as yourself leaving us, but reading your words I can appreciate why you may have felt frustrated. We have certainly improved massively since our integration, and the cause of all the problems you mentioned have long since been resolved I am pleased to say. It is very disappointing that you had to endure anything less than perfect customer service from us, so for that we are very sorry. Thank you again for providing feedback, as it is only through this that we can chart our customer service progress, and grow stronger as a business. I wish you all the best with your properties in the future. Kind regards, Mark.
  11. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mark H' 23/1/2014

EH1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have used several different agents over the last 12 years… and Alba are the best Ive come across, very fair, courteous and professional. I know the many tenants I have met over the years were happy too.

12. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  27/01/2014

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback Mark, it's great to hear! Kind regards, Mark.
  13. 4

A 1-star review by 'hsr' 23/1/2014

eh9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Have not moved in yet and we already loathe this company with a vengeance.
    They are the most pedantic, unhelpful and rigidly bureaucratic firm I have ever encountered in more than 10 years in the private rental sector.
    They seem to take a joy in putting up successive hurdles, each more ridiculous than the last and appear to be working from a rigidly-defined checklist with no deviation allowed. "Legal requirement" appears to be their default phrasing, even when what is actually meant is "our policy", as we have been told that various things are "legal requirements" when we know that they are not.
    The staff seem completely disinclined to offer you the slightest help or to put themselves to the slightest trouble on your behalf.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“A little bit of flexibility would be nice, and stop hiding behind the misleading mask of \"legal requirement\"”

14. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  23/01/2014

Hi there, I'm not sure which property you are applying for or indeed your name so that I can look into, but in any case I am extremely concerned about your comments above. We do everything possible to champion customer care, so if this is somewhere we have failed you, I would like to do what we can to turn your opinion around. Our procedures are in place to protect both our tenants and our landlords, who we value both equally as our client and work extremely hard to please; therefore it's very disheartening to hear you feel they cause such an issue or hurdle. Please can you email me on mark@albaresidential.co.uk, with more information, so that I can try and do that. Hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, Mark.
  15. A 1-star review by 'sirene' 23/1/2014

Rachel Van Der Velde
    EH3

Rachel Van Der Velde

I viewed a property, and after discussions with the letting agents and landlord, a verbal contract had been agreed that a new kitchen was to be put in to the property and that the property was to be painted. On this understanding I secured the property with the holding deposit and completed the tenancy application, with a move-in date to be discussed.

I was then informed that despite the verbal agreement, the kitchen would not be replaced. This was, of course, contrary to previous discussions and was disappointing. I stated in an email that I no longer wished to continue with the... (read more)

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“Keeping to verbal contracts, and providing accurate information would be a start. Had the staff been helpful enough to ask if they would be able to assist, perhaps I would not have found myself losing out to a property that I had already secured. The deposit has not been returned and this has now been three days.”

16. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  23/01/2014

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed about the situation, which I am very aware of. It is frustrating I agree, however I would encourage you to contact me so that we can explain how we could not have done anything more, to prevent this happening, or to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. We returned the money to you same day, bank transfers do take 2 business days and so I would expect this to be in your account very soon. I would be grateful if you could email me on mark@albaresidential.co.uk so that we can discuss the matter further. Kind regards, Mark.
  17. 4

A 1-star review by 'Jud' 5/12/2013

Eh7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been with this agency for 3 years. Since the beginning we have problems with communication. People who work there, are unprofessionals! They don't respect their customers!
    We pay £650 monthly and we expect to be treated seriously!Everytime we have problems with our flat there are hassles with solving them.
    They don't answer phonecalls and when we are lucky to speak to somebody, they never get back to us even though they reassure they will!
    On few occassions, there were no records kept of us reporting some defects in the flat.
    When we moved in there were 2 dirty comfychairs... (read more)

18. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  05/12/2013

Hi there Jud, Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry you feel the service received has been less than satisfactory. We would like to help resolve things so that we can restore your faith in us, and certainly all our clients should expect to receive nothing less than excellent service from us at all times. Please would you email me at mark@albaresidential.co.uk, or call me on 0131 560 1102, so that we can help set things straight. I hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, Mark. Mark Hastie Head of Lettings

1. 1

A 1-star review by 'It snowed in our flat' 20/11/2013

Eh12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having rented for the best part of 12 years, alba residential is by far the worst letting agent I have dealt with. Incompetent to an outstanding level avoid, avoid, avoid. Examples of incompetence include, emailing/calling them about snow coming in through our sky light. No response. Roofers turning up without notice, inspections happening without our knowledge. Even when we moved out, took an unbelievable around of time to get our deposit back, people didn't respond to emails, no one ever told us the same thing twice. Really, really bad.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“The main way they could have helped us was to respond to emails and phone calls and know what they were talking about. It seemed they didn\'t write anything down so every conversation was a new one. We always spoke to different people, and unless we called and harassed they would ignore contacts.”

2. 1

A 1-star review by 'Unhappy Landlord' 15/11/2013

EH
    Upload a reviwer profile image

If it was possible to give a negative star rating of this agency I would. My property was previously let by a smaller company which was taken over by Alba Residential. Since the take over I have found it impossible to speak to anyone in relation to my property (far too many departments), I have yet to have any contact from my property manager (who never answers or returns calls) and have found them to be very poor in transferring money into my account.

Word of advise landlords: Give Alba Residential a very wide berth if you care anything about your property.

3. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  15/11/2013

Hi there, thank you for your review, but I would ask that we have a chance to try and restore your faith in us, if you could give us that opportunity? Please can you contact me at your earliest opportunity on mark@albaresidential.co.uk, with more details so that we can look into things for you? Kind regards, Mark.
  4. A 1-star review by 'ste' 31/10/2013

EH6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Since the beginning of our agreement i found problems in my property. They ask me to pay 6 months in advance plus deposit to me the property and since i move inside i have had problems with the water in the toilet ,( toilet blocked) , and other issues in the property. I ask them to solve this problems and their reply was always "you have to call..you have to do..." so not help at all. Today i was in my room and the roof fall down over me!!! i couldnt report it cause it was 21:00 .I find the service very bad,and unprofessional.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“try to help and be fair .”

5. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  01/11/2013

Hi there Ste, I'm sorry you've had cause to complain, every one of our tenants should expect excellent service from us, and I am genuinely disappointed to hear you feel you've received less than that. That said, you do need to report things to us in order for us to repair them and our Maintenance answerphone is 24 hours, so you should always try phoning this. If you still have any outstanding issues please can you report them directly to me, at mark@albaresidential.co.uk, and I will oversee you receive a swift response. Kind regards, Mark.
  6. A 1-star review by 'Disgusted Landlord 2' 15/10/2013

EH9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Agree totally with earlier review from another landlord. Alba are appalling. If you are looking for a responsible property management company to look after your best interests as a landlord, safeguard your investment, and provide you with an efficient, competent and responsible service then avoid this shower like the plague.
    My suspicions were aroused after experiencing the operations of their property maintenance departments on a number of occasions - extremely poor quality in house repairs service, which no 'our charges are competitive to other agents' can justify (bath sealant had been... (read more)

7. View All Comments (2)by Mark Hastie  16/10/2013

Hi there Thank you for your feedback, please can you get in touch so that we might try and resolve your issues in a positive manner? We are keen to get back to everyone in order to try and restore their faith where they feel we have let them down, but we are unable to deal with these on an online environment. Kind regards, Mark.
  8. A 1-star review by 'Pjs' 15/10/2013

John Rutherford
    Eh7

John Rutherford

Good originally when letting and managing the property
    In july the tenant vacated. They let them go with rent outstanding and the place a mess
    They have not yet, almost three months later, sorted out taking the outstanding rent from the deposit and refunding the costincurred on cleaning
    They do not return our calls or emails.
    We are considering legal action to recover the money they owe us.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“Give us the money they owe us Return our phone calls and emails and let us know what is happening.”

9. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  16/10/2013

Hi there, Thank you for your comments, please can you get in touch with me with more information regarding your property and name etc, and I can look into this for you? Keen to help you resolve it. Please email at mark@albaresidential.co.uk Kind regards, Mark.
  10. 1

A 1-star review by 'K8E' 4/10/2013

EH14
    Upload a reviwer profile image

If I could give them no stars, that would be more accurate...

Sure, when we set up viewings with them they were brilliant, wonderflly helpful and able to provide a wealth of information. When we signed the lease they were professional and helpful at every stage, they even arranged for the landlord to make a few adjstments to the property which we had asked for. We were delighted, FINALLY a letting agency who were professional and helpful... or so we thought.

On the day we were due to move in we went to the office, excited at the prospect of picking up the keys to our new flat. We signed... (read more)

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“Alba is disorganised, and unprofessional, you report urgent safety maintenance issues to them as they happen and it takes them over a month to organise a contractor to come to the property, a contractor who then fails to show up at the agreed time. I don\'t think there is anything Alba could do to make me change my mind, short of closing down and reopening with a completely new staff completement and new approach to being a letting agency.”

11. 8

A 1-star review by 'DisgustedLandlord' 27/8/2013

Property Management
    EH
    Upload a reviwer profile image

One of these brands was a very good agent, however since they have all been taken over by Lomond Lettings and cut backs made, staffing levels reduced etc they have all fallen foul of becoming jointly one of the worst agents going and even the amount of staff they are going through really tells you something about the company.

Not only do they not care about Landlords with single figure portfolios they also don't look after there larger clients with any real respect or professionalism. Sadly it seems the staff are a mixture of new inexperienced people to the industry and left with next to... (read more)

12. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  05/09/2013

Dear Sir / Madam, I am very sorry to hear your comments, but I want to let you know that we take your views extremely seriously and I will look into this for you. We do not have reduced staff, our workforce has actually increased since we became part of the Lomond Lettings property group, so I am interested to know how you have come to this misconception? Furthermore, we contact all of our clients to advise when works are booked in, and the quoted cost they can expect to come from their monthly statement, in case they wish to have the work carried out themselves instead, and our pricing is below market standard. I cannot really help unless I have your full name and property address which we manage for you, however if you'd like to get in touch with me, I am eager to help resolve the matter just as we are for all our clients. Please contact me direct on mark@albaresidential.co.uk, or 0131 560 1102. Kind regards, Mark.
  13. 3

A 1-star review by 'closed' 7/8/2013

EH19
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This company has gradually become worse over the last few months. I would not recommend them to anyone. They also don't like answering phones and judging by the comments left by an employee on here it seems that the tenants/ex tenants are being unfair in their reviews? One thing about being a company and open to reviews is you have to take the good with the bad. It would seem this company can't do that and turn nasty/aggressive! Their out of hours service is a joke as are the cowboys they send round.

14. 5

A 1-star review by 'Emma' 22/6/2013

EH8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Having arranged a viewing of a property for the end of the week, I was told to phone back to confirm I was still interested the day before the viewing. I did so and asked about the exact procedure from viewing to securing the property, which was outlined over the phone and involved going from the viewing to the offices, where the first person there would secure the property.

I was one of three viewing, finished the viewing, jumped in a taxi and went straight to the office. I walked in only to be told it had been secured over the phone by another party. Going against both what I was told... (read more)

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“Followed their own procedure, made their own mistakes right and treated me like a human being and not a walking pound sign.”

15. 6

A 1-star review by 'cmb' 19/6/2013

, calum macgregor
    eh14

calum macgregor

There are many letting agencies in edinburgh. Don´t let with this one! They will take money from you, one way or another. I was very worry about my deposit because I found a dirty and disgusting flat when I moved in. They didn´t clean or change the damage things, they said they couldn´t force the landlord to change the furniture. Their welcome pack is a fiction book, very funny reading. I was lucky and I got my deposit back. But. I had to pay for the first 6 months all together. I was very disappointed with them so I was an early leaving, of course. They got a new tenant, they had to make a refund of some days to me. For some reason, they decided not to pay everything, just part. I left in March, I am still waiting for the rest of My money. I got some excuses at first. Now, I am emailing them and they don´t even answer. I feel so lucky Alba residential didn´t steal not so much money from me. I am the lucky one after all. I´m sorry I didn´t check this web before.

1. 8

A 1-star review by 'disgruntled' 10/5/2013

EH12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

WELL WELL,I havent rented from ALBA for quite some time, this is because they were ATROCIOUS at most things, they did enter the property without prior notice, and despite having spent and entire sunday cleaning the place fixture and fitting top to bottom, made a total mess, i found this out after moving as they made me pay rent for 12 extra days on a property because they dont have a letterbox! SO my notice didnt arrive and i had to call to query why. then had to revisit my old flat for mail, and found they had been in and trashed the place, presumably to keep my deposit, i was also invoiced for £300 for cleaning AFTER i had cleaned the place, i was also invoiced for a stained mattress that i had removed to dry storage and put my own bed in, my own bed was on the photo on the website, proving the stained bed was in storage, i got £100 back for that mistake and no apology, i also visited the office of ALBA and spoke to a director who would not admit that his office manager had spoken to me in a disrespectful and unprofessional manner, DO NOT RENT FROM ALBA RESIDENTIAL IS MY MESSAGE.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“They are total cowboys, all for profit, not for the landlord or tenant, milk milk milk the deposit witheld scheme they dont tell you they run, it took weeks to get my money back, they are just BAD!”

2. 8

A 1-star review by 'Nicola Dunn' 9/4/2013

Calum Mcgregor
    EH 1

Calum Mcgregor

Refusal to return deposit after more than 2 months, keep telling me shortly? I'm a single mum and left £1000 down yet had to find another property and deposit when owner wanted property back. The director is aggressive and unhelpful, avoid these cowboys I'm not the first nor will I be the last! They also entered the property without my permission to do checks etc, I explicitly confirmed this was not to happen. I'm now with new agents and its like night and day, utter cowboys!

3. 8

A 1-star review by 'TRW' 15/3/2013

Dale , Mr Lennie

Dale Mr Lennie

Even though they have been a reasonable agent during our tenancy for over 4 and half years, the extremely disappointing treatment at the end, made us believe that their effort is just another trick to save their business, they have no respect for their customers, and very unprofessional. When we first moved into their flat, it was date and all items were old and used. There were many faults in the flat like broken floors, broken doors, faulty electrics, and very dirty items (mop and bucket, toothbrush holder, toilet brush, rusty saucepans etc.). Since the check-in inventory did not describe... (read more)

4. 8

A 1-star review by 'Kasia' 9/3/2013

Justine , Laura
    EH3

Justine Laura

This agency does not deserve to have decent tenants. Avoid it by all means!
    I really liked one of the flats Alba advertised online so I have arranged a viewing. Being asked for a contact number I gave them my mobile so I could be notified if any changes occur. Waited for the agent (Justine) to arrive for 30! minutes. He or anyone else have not called to say they will be late or anything. I have called the 3 times only to be told they're on their way. Well 30 minutes is MORE than enough so I left. Called the same day to arrange another viewing - got one the next day. As before the agent (Laura this time) was late/didn't turn up. Called waited couple of minutes for someone to pick up (in the meantime hearing how they value customers and how great service they provide!). I was told the agent is just arriving at the property and I will be called back when she's there. Myhm, no one called... I haven't waited more that 10 minutes cause I thought this is pathetic and Alba just doesn't give a damn about customers.
    AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

5. 4

A 1-star review by 'Victoria' 25/2/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

The service is terrible beyond believe! I called to arrange vieving for the property they advertised and they at first made an appointment to see the property, in half an hour after that i received a call saying that landlord renovating it at the moment and they will call me back to arrange another viewing time. I really liked the property so was calling them nearly every day to find out if the viewing is available. Last time i spoke to them on Friday, Now calling them on Monday and the property is suddenly gone! This is despite the fact that i was first on the waiting list for a viewing... After two weeks waiting here in my face! Terrible, unprofessional service, very unreliable.

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“Nothing can be done unless they arrange viewing and let me rent it if i like the property.”

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'lt1983' 22/1/2013

EH10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented through Alba up until Dec 2012. I was a tenant for 4 years with them and I had a positive experience throughout. I shared the property with 1 friend and we were treated very well by all the members of the team we dealt with. I was new to the city and renting when I came to Edinburgh and the girls in the office were great at explaining the process of renting. We did have an issue with a washing machine on 2 occasions and alba dealt with efficiently on both occasions and kept us updated all the way. I have now received my deposit back and would use them again if I hadnt just bought my 1st property!!
    I havent had much experiance with letting agents but I have heard stories about other friends renting woes but I had none to report and would recommend to anyone!!

7. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  23/01/2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback - it it always encouraging to hear of happy tenants with good reports to make about our services! We do aim high on delivering customer service, and I'd like to thank you again for your kind words which pleased us greatly. If you can get in touch via email with your name and address you rented in, it would be much appreciated as we take all comments, positive and negative, very seriously. Kind regards, Mark.
  8. 8

A 1-star review by 'feckingfreezing' 20/1/2013

Eh1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Appalling service. On the coldest weekend of the winter, I have been left with no heating or hot water and I have a 9 week old baby in the house and 8 year old daughter! I am livid!! Will be looking to get away from the clutches of this company very soon! I have also found that going direct to the homeowner gets things done quickly! 18 months ago I would have recommended this company but not now! The attitude of their staff is also appalling!

9. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  23/01/2013

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you were left without heating over a weekend. According to our records, you rang the office on Saturday afternoon, and I'm afraid the office closes at 4pm. We did contact our emergency plumber immediately for you, and we've spoken to them about not having temporary heaters available for you, he certainly should have done. The part was not available to repair your boiler but it was repaired the very next working day (Monday 21st Jan). I think it's a little unfair to make a comment like this when we repair things as quickly as we possibly can. Your comment to... (read more)
  10. 9

A 1-star review by 'Amir' 5/1/2013

eh8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

That was like night mare for me to be tenant of Alba residential by this I mean never ever trust this property because they change their word and lie easily after signing contract. When I visited the flat they persuade me that flat and carpet will be clean and also all old and disgusting stuff such as very old and full of stain sofa and kitchen stuff will be transferred but unfortunately, when I got the flat, I was shock any thing was not clean and changed even carpet , I paid by own to wash carpet twice. Several times I called them to improve these problems but I had not received any... (read more)

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“NEVER EVER EVEN I COULD NOT FIND ANY SHELTER TO LIVE UNDER”

11. View All Comments (2)by Mark Hastie  11/01/2013

Hi Amir, I'm sorry to hear this feedback, certainly it's not the service we aim to provide! I am looking to help resolve any negative complaints our clients have, and would welcome more information so that I can look into your case in more detail. A very high percentage of our customer satisfaction surveys (something like 90%) come back with an excellent result and so when we hear from clients with an opinion such as this, it is disheartening. I would welcome the chance to change your opinion of us, but first I will need a bit more information to start looking into things. Hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, Mark.
  12. 6

A 1-star review by 'KJ' 20/12/2012

Callum McGregor
    EH11

Callum McGregor

I rented a flat from Alba Residental for 14 months. In those 14 months, the toilet flooded 3 times. Rather than replacing the shredder system they kept sending out plumbers who kept saying that there was nothing they could do to prevent any future blockages.

When I moved in the flat was disgusting and nothing had been cleaned. Alba sent two cleaners who surface cleaned the flat. I ended up cleaning the entire flat myself after that.

When I moved out, I left the place spotless. Alba came up with a massive list of items which they considered needed cleaning or replacement. The thing which... (read more)

What could Alba Residential do to change your mind??

“They could have not charged me for wear and tear. Also, they should have given me back the £96 I was charged in \"agency fees.\"”

13. View All Comments (2)by Mark Hastie  23/01/2013

Very interesting reading - thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you've had a less than perfect tenancy with us. I would like the opportunity to look into all of this for you, however I will need you to email me with your name and address, otherwise I will be unable to help you. We do give you cleaning guidelines 2 months before moving out, which we ask you to follow to the letter, or advise us in advance if there is any reason you cannot, so that we can give you back your full deposit. If you felt we charged you unfairly, you need to get in touch with me so that we can look into. I await your email. Kind regards, Mark.
  14. 6

A 1-star review by 'Oselle' 19/11/2012

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I stayed in a flat let by Alba for a very brief period at the start of the year. One week into our lease a storm badly damaged the roof and our living, dining and utility area were flooded badly. We came home to a bomb site, unable to have lights or heating on as water was streaming over the fixtures. We could not get hold of anyone from alba and were left for the night. First thing next day we contacted them but they failed to do ANYTHING as they couldn't get hold of the landlord for the whole day. We had to stay in a hotel that night as they failed to offer us other accomodation in time... (read more)

15. View All Comments (1)by Mark Hastie  29/11/2012

Hi there Oselle, I believe I remember dealing with you both at the time, and I know specifically which property you were in. I do appreciate what happened to you was very unfortunate (and extremely rare!) but I think you are apportioning a great deal of the blame to us as the agent, for what happened to you. Firstly we have a 24 hour maintenance answerphone service, however you will find it very difficult to get someone to attend to a roof leak out of office hours. We are limited in what we can do to help you in a situation like this, and we had no other properties available under our... (read more)

Page: